PDA

View Full Version : Complain to CityRail about track work for Sydney game 13 Oct

boz-monaut
28-06-2012, 08:55 AM
according to their draft trackwork schedule buses will replace trains on the weekend we're playing Sydney between Morriset and Newcastle http://www.cityrail.info/service_updates/trackwork/trackwork_calendar.pdf

everyone go to http://www.cityrail.info/contact_us/feedback and complain about this trackwork, requesting that they reschedule

we had this same issue a few years ago and by complaining early and in numbers we got them to change - let's get this going again

Hamma12
28-06-2012, 09:23 AM
according to their draft trackwork schedule buses will replace trains on the weekend we're playing Sydney between Morriset and Newcastle http://www.cityrail.info/service_updates/trackwork/trackwork_calendar.pdf

everyone go to http://www.cityrail.info/contact_us/feedback and complain about this trackwork, requesting that they reschedule

we had this same issue a few years ago and by complaining early and in numbers we got them to change - let's get this going again

I say we get it changed too the following weeekend just too give the gypos the same problem

boz-monaut
28-06-2012, 09:28 AM
so hamma12 is superdylan's hamma multi?

cause that's about the sort of thing that idiot would say

pv4
28-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I say we get it changed too the following weeekend just too give the gypos the same problem

most coasties would be getting on the trains after morisset, so i can't see it being too big an issue for them. but yeah, go nuts!

Muswellbrookian
28-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Hope you guys can convince them to change it, would be good to have as many there as possible to hurl profanities at the Smurfettes.

Gutted that I won't be able to go (to any game this season). Anybody know some good advice about how to survive moving to the opposite side of the world from your favourite team?

q-money
28-06-2012, 04:03 PM
mate, forget the jets and follow a decent club

maybe get a missus and root her

Superdylan
28-06-2012, 10:06 PM
so hamma12 is superdylan's hamma multi?

cause that's about the sort of thing that idiot would say

I'm no ones multi on here

MFKS
28-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Hope you guys can convince them to change it, would be good to have as many there as possible to hurl profanities at the Smurfettes.

Gutted that I won't be able to go (to any game this season). Anybody know some good advice about how to survive moving to the opposite side of the world from your favourite team?

Don't go!!

GazFish35
28-06-2012, 11:42 PM

Buy a tardis

MFKS
29-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about CityRail
We value the feedback that you have provided and we aim to respond within 5 working days

You can see why their trains never run on time. it takes 5 days to deal with complaints

MFKS
29-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Dear $%#@@,

Thank you for providing feedback. Your email has been forwarded to the person in RailCorp who can address the matters raised.

A representative will contact you within five to eight working days.

Your case reference number is: 5902530

Thank you for providing feedback to Transport Info 131500.

Regards,

Ruth

It now gets worse they are fobbing me off for 8 days

pv4
29-06-2012, 01:57 PM
i got exactly that. although alan sent mine, not ruth.

GazFish35
29-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Big al got back to me too.
Maybe Ruth does complaints and Alan does the feedback!

Not. Holding my breath.

northern_swan
30-06-2012, 09:12 PM

Dodgy streams and/or a BET365 account (BET365 used to live stream the a-league and most socceroos games for account holders in the uk)

Blackmac79
01-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Tweeted this to get a few more people doing it.

boz-monaut
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
anyone actually had feedback yet?

MFKS
06-07-2012, 12:49 PM
No of course not

Its City Rail they said 5-8 days do you expect miracles. I don't expect something in at least another 7 days at the earliest

pv4
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
anyone actually had feedback yet?

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/tumblr_lial9mMFmp1qdlkgg.gif

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Just got this...

Dear Mr Fish

Thank you for your email regarding trackwork to be undertaken during October 2012.

Ongoing rail maintenance is essential to ensure the safe and reliable operation of trains.

To limit its impact on our customers, we endeavour to carry out the majority of this maintenance work in off-peak periods such as weekends or at night. *In the case of major works programs or essential upgrading, it is sometimes necessary to carry out track work on weekdays.

On most occasions, we are able to provide at least a basic train service. *However, on some occasions, the nature or location of work requires the complete replacement of the train services by buses to by-pass the work site. *

While noting your views, the requirement to accommodate essential maintenance work on an ongoing basis means that it can be difficult to avoid occasionally coinciding with one of the many special events that take place in various parts of Sydney throughout the year.

Additionally, the engagement of contractors and implementation of bussing rosters means that we have to plan trackwork well in advance to ensure that alternative transport arrangements can be made while trains are out of service. Consequently, cancelling scheduled trackwork, even three months before it is due to commence, is not possible.

I am sorry that I was not able to respond in more positive terms. Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Zoran
Customer Relations Officer
RailCorp

A polite "no chance" is the ways read it.
Took a lot of words to say it though.

boz-monaut
06-07-2012, 06:12 PM
yeah I go that too

you'd think the FFA would have contacted them

flares and booze on buses will teach them their lesson

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I got it twice though. Not sure why.
Maybe he emails with a stutter.

furns
06-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I was going to shelve the Port Stephens coaches to Sydney games option now that their tickets include public transport, should we keep them on?

boz-monaut
06-07-2012, 06:53 PM
might be a goer fnrus

what sort of ticket dealy can we get?

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd keep it for that game at least.... Make a clear point that trackwork is happening... Start selling bus seats ASAP.

furns
06-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Prob same deal as last time

MFKS
07-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 October (weekend)
City Circle
Buses replace all trains on the City Circle.
Inner West Line
Buses replace trains between Ashfield and Central. Express trains continue to operate.
Airport & East Hills Line
Buses replace Airport Line trains between Sydenham and Central. Buses stop at Sydenham, Wolli Creek, International
Airport, Domestic Airport, Mascot, Green Square and Central.
South Line
Trains start and terminate at Central (platforms 4-14).
Northern Line
Trains operate between Hornsby and Chatswood/North Sydney via Macquarie Park and Epping and Central (platforms
4-14) via Strathfield only.
North Shore Line
Trains operate between Berowra and Wynyard only.
Western Line
Trains start and terminate at Central (platforms 4-14).
Monday 15 – Friday 18 October (evening)
Blue Mountains Line
Buses replace trains between Lithgow and Springwood.
Northern Line
Buses replace trains between Hornsby and Epping.
Newcastle & Central Coast Line
Trains may experience delays of up to 15 minutes due to trackwork between Thornleigh and Hornsby.
Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 October (weekend)
Bankstown Line
Buses replace trains between Liverpool and Bankstown.
Inner West Line
Buses replace trains between Liverpool and Lidcombe via Regents Park.
South Line
Buses replace trains between Glenfield and Granville.
Newcastle & Central Coast Line
Buses replace trains between Newcastle and Fassifern.
Monday 22 – Friday 26 October (major weekday)
South Coast Line
Buses replace trains between Bomaderry (Nowra) and Oak Flats. Each morning from 12.15am to 4am, buses replace
trains between Bomaderry (Nowra) and Wollongong.

Just checked that page again and am I missing it but do I not see any sign of trackwork now for the 13th October game V Smurfs??

Did note that the Gypos are getting Buses up for the F3 Derby the next weekend though!!!!
Someone organising this has NFI what they are in for

Pico
07-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Gypos dont travel anyway...

It's ok city rail has organised a fleet of these in case any gypo's want to make the journey.
http://www.bigskygypsy.com/Images/gypsy%20caravans.jpg

eff_see
10-09-2012, 12:43 PM
You guys should get your club to arrange busses down for members for the game

furns
10-09-2012, 12:46 PM
We are looking at organising buses to promote through the club. Details to be announced shortly.

furns
10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Looks like the new trackwork schedule has the trackwork being carried out in the evenings 8th - 11th Oct now. Excellent.
Will still organise the buses in case people dont want to sit on a bloody train.

eff_see
10-09-2012, 12:54 PM
furns, how many you rekon you guys will bring down? Would be epic to have a full away end at the SFS

furns
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
no idea, although we pulled a couple hundred for the final game of last season. Should be similar numbers this time around one would think

Jetmaster
10-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Might be a few more because of the ADP factor - I usually don't make the effort but this one is s cert.

furns
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Well I took that into account because last season the game meant we could qualify for the finals. If people werent going to turn up for that (and considering we humped sydney in the previous game at SFS) they arent going to make the effort for ADP

BodyNovo
10-09-2012, 02:18 PM
the turn out last year to sydney was probably one of the best since the season 2 semi/season 3. still way off though.

furns
10-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Wasnt saying it wasnt a great turnout, it was fantastic.
What I was saying was, that the people that DIDNT make the effort last time for a finals spot are probably not going to make the effort this time either.

Jetmaster
10-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Well I took that into account because last season the game meant we could qualify for the finals. If people werent going to turn up for that (and considering we humped sydney in the previous game at SFS) they arent going to make the effort for ADP

Don't know about that - I was so convinced we would lose that game I didn't watch it and put $100 on SFC !!!

furns
10-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Don't know about that - I was so convinced we would lose that game I didn't watch it and put $100 on SFC !!!What kind of supporter bets against their own team to lose?

Grimario
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Me, all the time. Euphoria of winning beats out the betting loss whilst the betting win when we lose always helps drown my sorrows.

I ****ing hate draws though :(

furns
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Betting on my own team to win is a sure fire way for us to lose.
Betting against my own team is just shit. Should always be expecting my team to win.

This is why I never go near any betting on my own team.

just my 2c

Blackmac79
10-09-2012, 06:39 PM
buses great idea. get it out quickly get the jets to actually send out an email about it this time.

MFKS
10-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I see your point Furns. I understand what you are saying but we should at least all be able to top up our income by staking on Wellington when we play at the Caketin. Like bobbing for apples in a bucket isn't it??

I sure as hell won't tip the Jets though. Puts the kiss of death on them for certain if I select them in a tipping comp. Makes for easy points when we play the Phoenix and Glory away though

hauss
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Wasnt saying it wasnt a great turnout, it was fantastic.
What I was saying was, that the people that DIDNT make the effort last time for a finals spot are probably not going to make the effort this time either.

Difference is that this is at the start of the season and my wife has forgotten how much time I devote to watching football, so will let me go. Away games at the end of the season are that much harder to justify.