PDA

View Full Version : Next Socceroos Captain

Thomas477
15-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Given Neill's comments today regarding the desire of players wanting to play for Australia, surely it's only a matter of time until he either gets tapped on the shoulder and is allowed to leave the socceroos with what little respect he has left, or is pushed by Gallop.

So, who should be the next Captain? I think if you're looking long term, it's between Milligan and Williams. My preference would be Milligan, given he was also the captain of the Olyroos.

joel31
15-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Williams

GazFish35
15-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Kerem Bulut.

Most marketable face in the running IMO.

Family friendly image and all that jazz.

furns
15-10-2013, 07:08 PM
slobs

Grimario
15-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Jedinak. Captain at a top flight club and should be a regular ob the team sheet.

Pico
15-10-2013, 08:09 PM
with Neils outburst if they do remove him as captain, will make him being the captain ambassador for the Asian cup very interesting :rof:

MFKS
15-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Think long term

Thomas Rogic/Rhys Williams

plague
15-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Heaps of blowups in the media but im unsure just exactly Lucas Neill said that was that bad.
Anyone?

16-10-2013, 12:01 AM
Ya kidding right ?.

No one needs to prove jack shit to Luca$h. It is not his god given right to wear the jumper , he also has to earn it each and everytime.

At least Bresh showed some humility in his responses.

pv4
16-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Heaps of blowups in the media but im unsure just exactly Lucas Neill said that was that bad.
Anyone?

He's saying the young guys should be busting their arse to make the squad (good).
He said he did it when he was their age (good).
He said he's still doing it (lololololololol).

plague
16-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Ya kidding right ?.

No one needs to prove jack shit to Luca$h. It is not his god given right to wear the jumper , he also has to earn it each and everytime.

Not kidding at all.
Teams been whipped 12-0 over 2 games. Everyone calling for him and the rest of the oldies to retire, he's asking who the **** is worth their spots.
Fair call I think.
Also, the coach picks the team, so if it's time for Neill to go them the coach needs to make that call not the player.

Also of note: anyone tipping Jedinak as captain need to watch him play some more. Absolutely ****ing honking today v Canada.
Bresch, Kennedy and maybe McKay were the pick today.

De-Champ
16-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Who cares what he said, or didn't say. He is not good enough anymore. Watch the two games Brazil and France and he is caught out of position time and time again, makes heaps of mistakes, can't keep up with general play. I am sorry but Lucas Neil it is time to go.

Grimario
16-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Who cares what he said, or didn't say. He is not good enough anymore. Watch the two games Brazil and France and he is caught out of position time and time again, makes heaps of mistakes, can't keep up with general play. I am sorry but Lucas Neil it is time to go.

And that doesn't even mention his current club record. 7 games since moving, 1 clean sheet, a red card, 17 goals conceded. Think they have only won one game and that was when he was suspended.

GazFish35
16-10-2013, 10:05 AM
he gave away that [enalty v Italy too.

dumb arragont shit.

he's well passed his used by date and the only reason no-one has been able to step up is because he's been too ****ed in the head to (along with Holger) to realise he needed to stand aside to give some young lads some decent game time.

Schwarzer is guiolty of this too, but less arrogant baout the whole thing..... and still performing at a decent level.

plague
16-10-2013, 10:07 AM
We should be blaming the coach for that, not the player. Neill has been at the same diminished level for a few years now but he doesn't pick the team. What's he supposed to do, politely decline to play for his country when being selected?

Thomas477
16-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Maybe do what others have and said "I'm not up to international standard anymore and it's in my country's best long term interest if I let someone younger than me have a chance"?

As for what he said, even if you don't find it that bad, the fact is he's still 35 years old and will (hopefully) be retiring soon.

The Dunster
16-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Neil was struggling at A-league level last season so thinking he's still good enough to play at a world cup is insane.

parksey
16-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Bresciano facing 4 month ban over illegal transfer!

hawk
17-11-2013, 09:04 AM
The corrupt organisation bans a player, ok
Noone is good enough to be captain. Retire the armband.

militiamon
17-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Probably worse for Bresc at this point is the $1.8 mil fine.
If that sticks he'll probably just retire to avoid paying it.

Grimario
18-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Lucas.

Not sure whether to be gobsmacked or whether this is Ange giving Lucas the opportunity to wear the armband out one last time and go out on "his terms".

MFKS
18-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Am hearing whispers that Lucas Neill is to announce his retirement post game tomorrow

lquiquer
18-11-2013, 07:39 PM
then announce is big move to Adelaide to play tiki taka

Am hearing whispers that Lucas Neill is to announce his retirement post game tomorrow

plague
18-11-2013, 07:58 PM
He becomes equal highest capped captain (61) with Peter Wilson.
Weird stat was that Wilson only played 65 times in total.

joel31
05-03-2014, 08:57 PM
thoughts on Mile as captain
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1183328/Jedinak-a-born-leader-says-McKinna
think its only for 1 game