PDA

View Full Version : Is the the new Fanny’s/Argyle any good on a Saturday?

selassie
17-10-2013, 09:48 AM
I have never been there. I want your opinion, please provide the following pertinent information

- Price of drinks
- Queues at entrance, bar
- Cover charge
- % of blokes trying to fight you
- % of sheilas trying to root you
- Music
- Hostility to ethnics

Can someone hamma confirm?

skippy
17-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Have been there once and fail to remember much so in that aspect nothing has changed.

Drinks are standard town rates $8-9 for a spirit

There is a few different rooms/themes but most were shit depends what you're into.

Other than that its pretty much the same as before.

hawk
20-10-2013, 10:34 PM
tamils are welcome, get in

goaliepersempre
21-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Mitchy always there,

Mitchy
21-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Go Wednesday nights

UNI night

Cheaps drinks

Sluts

Superdylan
22-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Been there 3 times, 2 Saturday nights drunk & 1 Wednesday night sober.

One thing I really like about it compared to the old fannys is there is a better smoking area so you can go outside if you have to without going past security guards/bouncers.

Big fan of the screen that lights up in the main room, gives it class :)

skippy
22-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Been there 3 times, 2 Saturday nights drunk & 1 Wednesday night sober.

One thing I really like about it compared to the old fannys is there is a better smoking area so you can go outside if you have to without going past security guards/bouncers.

Big fan of the neon lighting in the main room :)

Yeah I seem to remember tap beers there

russjaybee
14-11-2013, 11:31 AM
gives it class :)

Are we talking about the same place? I haven't been there for a long time but this I find hard to believe.

parksey
14-11-2013, 11:45 AM
It's actually ok. Still heaps of sluts

Superdylan
17-12-2013, 09:47 AM
It's actually ok. Still heaps of sluts

I've always found finnegans as Newcastle's most sluttiest licensed venue in town.

Actually haven't been out in Newcastle much on weekends this year, anything changed at the argyle?

q-money
17-12-2013, 09:57 AM
lol, SD's slutmeter off the charts

BodyNovo
17-12-2013, 01:52 PM
not quite the kale fapmeter but still good enough.

The Dunster
17-12-2013, 02:18 PM
At $9 a drink why not just go straight to the brothel, drink for free, and drill a hot chick who will never want you to call her or engage in small talk ?

q-money
17-12-2013, 02:20 PM
:rof:

Bon
17-12-2013, 03:58 PM
At $9 a drink why not just go straight to the brothel, drink for free, and drill a hot chick who will never want you to call her or engage in small talk ?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FgpshdZIdPQ/TzfQUsWtM6I/AAAAAAAAAuU/rhNfLt9mQ88/s1600/jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Jetmaster
18-12-2013, 08:23 AM

This is probably the most sensible post I have seen from a young guy in ages - respect.

q-money
18-12-2013, 10:33 AM
dunster is a dinosaur m8

Jetmaster
20-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Ah - explains the logical thinking then.

Superdylan
18-03-2014, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwahMhR9jg&list=UUybFehab5TRRfgCyLzG-z-A

New nightclub opening in Newcastle this weekend, lack of pictures but sweet promotion video.

Blackmac79
18-03-2014, 07:40 PM
I am not much one for the night club scene, however my sister has a friend that found a bit of trouble at argyle from some other sheilas due to a dark pigmentation of her skin. That said it was just girls on girls. Only story I've ever heard about it though as no one else seems to remember argyle.

skippy
18-03-2014, 09:18 PM

New nightclub opening in Newcastle this weekend, lack of pictures but sweet promotion video.

Stripclub would have been a much better option, the new frostbites will be terrible.

stretch
18-03-2014, 09:39 PM

Wasn't that place supposed to be some new gentleman's club? The barmaids downstairs were supposed to be topless and the strippers upstairs were supposed to have nothing on downstairs and upstairs?

argyle.

It's the exchange for people <60. It's the talk of all non-retirees in Newy, especially at Uni.

'Beatrice, are you going to the Argyle tonight?'

"Sorry, I've got a hip replacement on tomorrow. I'll go to the exchange instead."

'Don't drop yo denchures on the d-floor again!'.

Superdylan
01-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Went for the first time since June last year on Saturday night. Mate got denied for wearing a t shirt with a surfing logo ffs.

Then went back there later on via a finnegans sesh as another mate who I was with got denied after trying to change t shirts earlier. I had no issues in a pink v top though. But yeah didn't realize they were so picky on little things like that.

Sure if it was a unit or dickies shirt but surfing brands?

q-money
01-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Wasn't that place supposed to be some new gentleman's club? The barmaids downstairs were supposed to be topless and the strippers upstairs were supposed to have nothing on downstairs and upstairs?
it's ****en bullshit that's what it is

skippy
02-04-2014, 02:13 PM
it's ****en bullshit that's what it is

A proper strip club in newy would make an absolute ****ing killing, but we couldn't have a few people being upset by the prospect now.

Won't somebody think of the children.

Bon
02-04-2014, 02:19 PM

Yeah it is true, it was supposed to be..
However, allegedly there were too many complaints by residents around the area.. (I am a local, I didn't get to have my say about it!!!!)..
Mainly from people too old to want or get a stiffy.. "What's he smiling and got a bulge in his pants about??? I'm voting against it"..
Fvckers..

q-money
02-04-2014, 02:27 PM
number 5 is great and i'll hear no more slackness about it right

BodyNovo
02-04-2014, 03:28 PM
made my debut at argyle on sat night.

positives
my feet didn't stick to the floor
mitchy
james browns hipster glasses and beanie and the fact someone yelled out to him that only players who are playing get to cut in line.
actual vary in rooms and music.
quiet room with couches, etc.

Negatives
vodka is equivalent to home brand cola instead of coke
Line up
its not the exchange.

Mitchy
02-04-2014, 03:58 PM

positives
mitchy
james browns hipster glasses and beanie and the fact someone yelled out to him that only players who are playing get to cut in line.

Negatives
Line up
its not the exchange.

������

The Dunster
02-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Forza short stay hotels.

Regardless of the naming Fannys has and will always be a dive.

Skirt Boy
02-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Back in my day we would start at Golden Eagle at about 7.

Then head to the Worlds Biggest Disco at 11. Then across to the Star, then Jacks on King, Hunter on Hunter, Casbah, Ducks Nuts, The Castle and Jolly Rodgers.

Some times we would start at the Brewery and do The Grand, Mercury Bar, Crown and Ancher and do Hunter Street until the Cambridge.

Superdylan
02-04-2014, 05:21 PM

positives
mitchy

Negatives
Line up
its not the exchange.

Good points body. Lol very surprised I actually ran into you in there.

I was lucky I got in early so I didn't have to worry about a line and had my arm stamped earlier to return easily.

One negative of the place is it gets packed too much, Met nightclub Brisbane > every nightclub I've ever walked in.

Beeen
02-04-2014, 05:46 PM
How many birds you roger in the naughty corner of the argyle SD?

Mitchy
02-04-2014, 08:52 PM
2 me and dildo went tags with one

Premy
02-04-2014, 09:05 PM

Then head to the Worlds Biggest Disco at 11. Then across to the Star, then Jacks on King, Hunter on Hunter, Casbah, Ducks Nuts, The Castle and Jolly Rodgers.

Some times we would start at the Brewery and do The Grand, Mercury Bar, Crown and Ancher and do Hunter Street until the Cambridge.
Before the f'ing whinging Baby Boomers and Tony Browns mob ruin town for everyone.

seldom
02-04-2014, 11:45 PM
JR...fond memories :sparring:

Skirt Boy
03-04-2014, 01:25 AM
JR...fond memories :sparring:

How deadly were those stairs?
:D

The Dunster
03-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Amateur Strip night at the JR - beats the crap out of Karoke. Funbusters at the Cambridge - chicks flashing bristols for a cheap bottle of wine. Cheap and nasty - sure. But you were too blotto to care.

Skirt Boy
03-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Amateur Strip night at the JR - beats the crap out of Karoke. Funbusters at the Cambridge - chicks flashing bristols for a cheap bottle of wine. Cheap and nasty - sure. But you were too blotto to care.

How could I forget. Caused a few problems with my apprenticeship that night.

16's on a Friday night with all the Suger valley courtesy buses.

hawk
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM

lol, and see all the same pissed groups walking up and down Hunter each week in striped shirts. Youd have to be a real dhead to get into a scrap in those days.

Jetmaster
04-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Went for the first time since June last year on Saturday night. Mate got denied for wearing a t shirt with a surfing logo ffs.

Christ, back in the day you couldn't get in any nightclub without a collared shirt !!! And Fanny's was an over 25's venue !

Superdylan
04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Christ, back in the day you couldn't get in any nightclub without a collared shirt !!! And Fanny's was an over 25's venue !

I will agree my mate should have dressed up a little better since it was the first year party. But yeah I suppose if you don't go out for nearly a year at argyle you may lose touch with the dress regulations.

stretch
07-06-2014, 11:54 PM
No pills on a Wednesday. No good on a Wednesday.

parksey
08-06-2014, 01:06 AM
^^ this khunt

Superdylan
03-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Went to the new club turnt for the first time last night (where the crown n anchor is)

Figured I'd give some feedback....not a bad joint, about the only night club with a smoke machine in Newcastle. Has cages in it too lol. Has a smoking area on the balcony but it closed early in the night. Probably 50/50 guy girl ratio which is always good.

MFKS
03-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Went to the new club turnt for the first time last night (where the crown n anchor is)

Figured I'd give some feedback....not a bad joint, about the only night club with a smoke machine in Newcastle. Has cages in it too lol. Has a smoking area on the balcony but it closed early in the night. Probably 50/50 guy girl ratio which is always good.

Get to the important stuff so did you pull or not??

The Dunster
03-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Ratio of hot chicks with low self-esteem to blokes looking for an empty out ? That's really all anyone needs to know.

BodyNovo
05-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Making second coming tonight after all day

Sd, Maidment, coopers

Expect turnout

Stokecityfc
11-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Still prefer Ping St over Argyle :rof:

Superdylan
12-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Still prefer Ping St over Argyle :rof:

Yeah I've been to king st a little bit of late. $5 drinks there till 1am on Friday nights are handy and king st Maccas across the road is always good for a late night feed.

Btw I better know who you are if you plan to use my quote about finnegans as a signature.

Superdylan
22-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Argyle needs aircon

pv4
22-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Argyle needs aircon

Agreed, or maybe even a paddling pool.

Superdylan
22-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Agreed, or maybe even a paddling pool.

Always the ocean baths for a 3am swim but

MFKS
22-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Always the ocean baths for a 3am swim but

Midnight Skinny Dip at Nobbys.

Don't worry about the Sharks.

They don't eat at that time. Won't be able to find you in the dark etc

hawk
22-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Btw I better know who you are if you plan to use my quote about finnegans as a signature.

or Wot?

do you have heavies?