PDA

View Full Version : We actually won a game

militiamon
13-11-2013, 10:27 PM
For those who missed it, this was pretty much the greatest thing that happened while the foz was down. Thank Gary for creating this:

First of all, congrats to the Newcastle JEts football club. Fully deserved the win, even though I honestly thought we were going to steal a late draw. You guys, put simply, played much better against us than either ccm or WSW.

This was our worst game of the year by far, although we looked a lot better with Cassio and Bruce on and we went direct. At least it shows we have a plan b, albeit after plan A failed horrendously.

Now, as for the red card. What a horrendous decision. Absolutely atrocious. Any AFL fans on here will know the feeling having seen the powers that be try and effectively ban the bump this season. It's amazing how soft the game has become since I first started watching, which was only back in 2002 for goodness sakes! It is symbolic of a wider malaise in Australian society. We are simply becoming too soft, to the point of serious concern. See the hysteria about smoking. Anything that can result in injury is slowly being outlawed from sports (eg the afl "slide rule"). I go into a clothes shop, there's nothing for me to wear. Pink short shorts and skinny jeans ffs. I don't care for coffee myself, but if you legitimately like it, fair enough. But the overwhelming pretentiousness that surrounds coffee/cafes is sickening. Absolutely sickening. You think you're better than everyone else cause you drink a frapa-massimo murdochocino? Go **** yourself. I know grown men who are scared to eat out for fear of eating carbs. CARBS?? CARBS????? Jesus **** christ, Grow a pair for ***** sake. I swear to God this country cares more about other people smoking and eating unhealthy food than about climate change.

:rof: :rof: :rof:

sh10
13-11-2013, 11:53 PM
I had forgotten what it feels like

militiamon
14-11-2013, 01:07 AM
I still don't know what it feels like. Haven't watched a minute of the last 2 matches :cool:

But that koffee kulcha, farken sickening ffs.

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 08:16 AM
That poster just got angrier and angrier!! funny stuff.

BodyNovo
14-11-2013, 08:25 AM
reasons for win

hoole/newy boy

jaliens

zads

hawk
14-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Jaffer = hates the feminised male. Effects from that mysandrist gillard.

and we won despite gve

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Neville is playing alright, hey.

And the reintroduction of Kanta has changed our game. We no longer need the two screeners with him in place.

pv4
14-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Neville is playing alright, hey.

And the reintroduction of Kanta has changed our game. We no longer need the two screeners with him in place.

Yeah, Neville is killing it. There will be some here who will hugely disagree, but I put Neville's form down to a lack of Virgili in front of him.

:rof: we don't use two screeners now - we use three :rof:

I've been hugely impressed with our entire back 5 (inc Biraz) except for Gallaway. Gallaway seems to have fun just turning the ball over when going forward (and under GVE's gameplan, he's going forward a fair bit), and before Adelaide I would have said he's defensively OK but he was made to look like a fool for their goal. GVE needs to stop killing Goodwin's career, dump Gallaway & put Goodwin at LB.

Chapman has been absolutely amazing. So has Jaliens. Best CB partnership since Ljubo was around IMO.

Brillante looks good but gets himself into trouble a bit too often. Zads is just running rampant - love the kid.

Kanta looks slooooooooooooooooooow. As in, slower than he used to be. IMO his "Bayern career" and all that is officially over.

I still like Burns. When he gets someone to pass it to, he'll be terrific.

Loving Taggart too.

Hoole had a blinder v Adelaide. Kutgw champ

Jeterpool
14-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah, Neville is killing it. There will be some here who will hugely disagree, but I put Neville's form down to a lack of Virgili in front of him.

I've been hugely impressed with our entire back 5 (inc Biraz) except for Gallaway. Gallaway seems to have fun just turning the ball over when going forward (and under GVE's gameplan, he's going forward a fair bit), and before Adelaide I would have said he's defensively OK but he was made to look like a fool for their goal. GVE needs to stop killing Goodwin's career, dump Gallaway & put Goodwin at LB.

Chapman has been absolutely amazing. So has Jaliens. Best CB partnership since Ljubo was around IMO.

Brillante looks good but gets himself into trouble a bit too often. Zads is just running rampant - love the kid.

Kanta looks slooooooooooooooooooow. As in, slower than he used to be. IMO his "Bayern career" and all that is officially over.

Loving Taggart too.

I agree re Gallaway and Goodwin. I honestly see Goodwin leaving this year not because we don't want to resign him but because he doesn't want to be here. It can all change though - new coach, starts to get some form, etc. I wonder what he is like in training.

While Hoole has been playing well he needs to sharpen up his attitude. There was something I noticed in the Gypos game. Taggz and Hoole were having a full on verbal after Hoole didn't pass to an open Taggz and shot wildly instead. The gypos then went down Hoole's side and forced Zads wide to cover Hoole who was still having a go at Taggz. Zads pretty much gave him a clip 'round the ears and told him to pull his head in, but he continued to stroll back. Great leadership from Zads, but the attitude concerned me.

cobra23
14-11-2013, 09:48 AM

Loving Taggart too.

Disagree with you there PV4.
Chapman is 90% involved with all our goals conceded. he cant head a ball for shit(even with the roundest head in the comp)
his errors have cost those goals.

Grimario
14-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Chapman is 90% involved with all our goals conceded. he cant head a ball for shit(even with the roundest head in the comp)

Absolute nonsense.

pv4
14-11-2013, 10:06 AM

So out of the 5 goals we've conceded, you're saying Chapman has been involved with 4.5 of them.

Goal 1 v Sydney - Chapman defends ADP so well, holds up one of the best players the world has seen. Caravella crash tackles him, ADP scores. Chapman was involved, but blame-worthy?

Goal 2 v Sydney - Caravella turns over possession, Gallaway is caught way out of position. Chapman?

Goal 1 v CCM - fair. He went to head it and it hit his arm.

Goal 2 v CCM - when exactly was Chapman involved at all?

Goal 1 v Adelaide - We get caught out with losing possession, right back nowhere to be seen. Chapman does as well at defending as any other defender in the comp would have. Gallaway caught out on the back post for a header.

So out of our 5 goals, I say Chapman was involved in 3. And blameworthy for 1 - with only 1 being "his error".

Also FWIW - Biraz has been involved with 100% of them, yet I still think he's been fantastic this season.

BodyNovo
14-11-2013, 10:08 AM
wasn't a fan of chapman last year but since Sydney away i think he has been one of our best

just needs to back himself a bit more, beat a player if he has to it seems when he trys to run forward his first option is to pass and if he has a player coming directly towards him he seems to want to turn and play back.

on neville still not convinced, had an awesome game v perth, but i still haven't seen him deliver a decent cross since tamworth against a half strength gypo team and in Napier and the weekend he had plenty of opportunities to cross.

furns
14-11-2013, 10:20 AM
So out of the 5 goals we've conceded, you're saying Chapman has been involved with 4.5 of them.

Goal 1 v Sydney - Chapman defends ADP so well, holds up one of the best players the world has seen. Caravella crash tackles him, ADP scores. Chapman was involved, but blame-worthy?

Goal 2 v Sydney - Caravella turns over possession, Gallaway is caught way out of position. Chapman?

Goal 1 v Adelaide - We get caught out with losing possession, right back nowhere to be seen. Chapman does as well at defending as any other defender in the comp would have. Gallaway caught out on the back post for a header.

So out of our 5 goals, I say Chapman was involved in 3. And blameworthy for 1 - with only 1 being "his error".

Also FWIW - Biraz has been involved with 100% of them, yet I still think he's been fantastic this season.
You cloud the issue with facts, man

q-money
14-11-2013, 10:21 AM
kantarovski should start every game inshallah

he is brutal these days, so much better than caravella, lets zads do his thing so you can stroke yer stiffy

Bon
14-11-2013, 10:29 AM
For me, there have been three standouts.. Jaliens, Neville and Hoole.

Jaliens - Just love the bloke at the back. Reads the game so well, calm and collected.. Love his runs forward too, even if he rarely gets the ball given back to him, still exciting to see..
Neville - Who would have thought that the kid could turn it around so much? Last year he had more AIDS than Africa, now, he is on fire.. Good on him, proving a lot of people wrong..
Hoole - Newy boy, just all round impressive. Scores me a fortune in fantasy points too!! :yay:

As someone else said, I can't help but feel sorry for Goody on the sidelines..

GazFish35
14-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Excellent analysis, though you failed to mention the net. It too has been involved in all 5 goals, each time it only made contact with the ball after crossing the line. If it were able to remain focussed and get to the ball earlier there'd be no problem.

boz-monaut
14-11-2013, 11:18 AM
apparently Chapman had been taking dihydrogen monoxide before the game as well

just saying...

russjaybee
14-11-2013, 11:28 AM

just saying...

Say it aint so boz, the last thing we need is another newy sportsman heading down the dark path of drug addiction.

Please everyone raise awareness of this terrible chemical - www.dhmo.org (http://www.dhmo.org)

pv4
14-11-2013, 11:55 AM

just saying...

What!?!? Chapman OUT!!

Excellent analysis, though you failed to mention the net. It too has been involved in all 5 goals, each time it only made contact with the ball after crossing the line. If it were able to remain focussed and get to the ball earlier there'd be no problem.

Net hasn't been very consistent. For our second goal v CCM, Net got less of a touch on the ball than Pasfield did FFS!!

You cloud the issue with facts, man

:rof: my bad. Maybe I should be like what seems like the rest of the general Newcastle public nowadays:

Chapman is shit. Regan needs to start. It's an outrage that Regan hasn't started this season. GVE should be sacked on that fact alone. Also, why dafuq hasn't Bridgy been given more game time? He's a gamechanger! Creativity! Pedigree! Skittles! How do we expect to score without Bridgy? Also Burns is shit - Virgili is the logical choice to replace him. I also refuse to give any reasoning, back anything up, and will take great offence if you question my views. Except for this reasoning - I did an ask around and when people were asked whether they would prefer Regan or Terry McFlynn to play centreback for us, most people answered Regan. This is proof that Regan should start ahead of Chapman. Lms or RT if you agree and aren't a gypo!!

parksey
14-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Leave coffee alone, jaffer

sh10
14-11-2013, 01:32 PM
For me, there have been three standouts.. Jaliens, Neville and Hoole.

Jaliens - Just love the bloke at the back. Reads the game so well, calm and collected.. Love his runs forward too, even if he rarely gets the ball given back to him, still exciting to see..
Neville - Who would have thought that the kid could turn it around so much? Last year he had more AIDS than Africa, now, he is on fire.. Good on him, proving a lot of people wrong..
Hoole - Newy boy, just all round impressive. Scores me a fortune in fantasy points too!! :yay:

As someone else said, I can't help but feel sorry for Goody on the sidelines..

Thanks Bon, saved me a post because I 100% agree

but then I posted this anyway, so um yeah

scarfy96
14-11-2013, 02:23 PM
:rof: my bad. Maybe I should be like what seems like the rest of the general Newcastle public nowadays:

Chapman is shit. Regan needs to start. It's an outrage that Regan hasn't started this season. GVE should be sacked on that fact alone. Also, why dafuq hasn't Bridgy been given more game time? He's a gamechanger! Creativity! Pedigree! Skittles! How do we expect to score without Bridgy? Also Burns is shit - Virgili is the logical choice to replace him. I also refuse to give any reasoning, back anything up, and will take great offence if you question my views. Except for this reasoning - I did an ask around and when people were asked whether they would prefer Regan or Terry McFlynn to play centreback for us, most people answered Regan. This is proof that Regan should start ahead of Chapman. Lms or RT if you agree and aren't a gypo!!

LOL That has just made my day, thank you. You can crash the forum for another 3 weeks now, there will be no post to top that so no point leaving the forums open!

leftrightout
15-11-2013, 12:05 AM
and will take great offence if you question my views

I find this the funniest part... Pot and kettle and all that!
You argue with people who simply have different opinions!

In no way am I disagreeing about the players we are talking about here, I'm talking more in general foz terms, you whinge the most when people disagree!
Don't get me wrong, I love that you stand up for your opinion and often try your best to sway the other person, that's the point of a forum! but don't knock the people who disagree and get defencive.

la bazzle
15-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Regan is a no-nonsense newy boy, Chapman is not and there is an element of nonsense. End of story.

Has gone alright but. Needs to fix the shape of his head

front2
15-11-2013, 12:31 AM
Pisss off la bazzle. Chapo is a no-nonsense knock-around kind of lad. Block head an all.

In all of these comments I have not heard any mention of Joey.

seldom
15-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Regan is a no-nonsense newy boy, Chapman is not and there is an element of nonsense. End of story.

Has gone alright but. Needs to fix the shape of his head

LOL...ur right...think this is why i've never really been a follower...well his forehead and his consistancy to have at least 1 major fvckup per game

la bazzle
15-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Pisss off la bazzle. Chapo is a no-nonsense knock-around kind of lad. Block head an all.

In all of these comments I have not heard any mention of Joey.

Completely disagree, except for block head. Definitely elements of nonsense

pv4
15-11-2013, 06:29 AM
I find this the funniest part... Pot and kettle and all that!
You argue with people who simply have different opinions!

In no way am I disagreeing about the players we are talking about here, I'm talking more in general foz terms, you whinge the most when people disagree!
Don't get me wrong, I love that you stand up for your opinion and often try your best to sway the other person, that's the point of a forum! but don't knock the people who disagree and get defencive.

I like to think I only whinge when people have differing views and can't back them up. I like to think the people I took the piss out of are the people I argue with.

if you have egs otherwise, I'd genuinely love a PM with them

leftrightout
15-11-2013, 08:05 AM
I like to think I only whinge when people have differing views and can't back them up. I like to think the people I took the piss out of are the people I argue with.

if you have egs otherwise, I'd genuinely love a PM with them

Why do they need to have stats to have a differing opinion? Why can't they just like and not like/like someone? I strongly dislike many players that I wouldn't want at my club that would have brilliant stats. An opinion doesn't always need to be based on statistics!

As I said, the arguing is good, that's why we are all here of the foz. Putting people down or taking the piss is different (taking the piss for other reasons is fine haha!)
No ones opinion is wrong...

No trying to have a go at you, just don't like seeing someone put down for thinking differently, unless that someone is GVE!

Grimario
15-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Why do they need to have stats to have a differing opinion? Why can't they just like and not like/like someone? I strongly dislike many players that I wouldn't want at my club that would have brilliant stats. An opinion doesn't always need to be based on statistics!

Because we shouldn't be aiming to have a team full of nice blokes? pv4 has provided countless statistics on how shit Bridges is, how ineffective his passes are, how often he gives it away, examples of him trying backheels or roulettes and losing it. How is "nice bloke, had a chat with him at his bar, really loves Newcastle" helping us on the pitch?

Opinions about football should be about football, not personality.

pv4
15-11-2013, 08:29 AM
My opinion is the world is flat. Anyone who questions my opinion and/or can provide a constructive argument against it is putting me down, and are probably wrong themselves. I do not need to validate my opinion. Lms

Portillo
15-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Anyone having a gif of Hoole going off at Taggart?

cobra23
15-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Anyone having a gif of Hoole going off at Taggart?

He was just telling him to get ****ed, even if i passed you the ball what would you do with it.
1 week later - hooly passes him the ball, taggart puts it in the net.. ha ha

in saying that, taggart has done sweet f all before that goal..

MFKS
15-11-2013, 02:27 PM
He was just telling him to get ****ed, even if i passed you the ball what would you do with it.
1 week later - hooly passes him the ball, taggart puts it in the net.. ha ha

in saying that, taggart has done sweet f all before that goal..

That's not entirely true.

I recall in the first half when Hooley had a chance at goal. Being a good natured Novacastrian lad he is he decided to share the glory with Taggart rather than hog the fame himself. Hooley laid a cushioned header on a platter for the on rushing Taggart who had the goal at his mercy and Eugene out of the picture

Taggart managed to **** it up letting Boogard get some miracle block in when it was easier to score

cobra23
15-11-2013, 02:58 PM
That's not entirely true.

I recall in the first half when Hooley had a chance at goal. Being a good natured Novacastrian lad he is he decided to share the glory with Taggart rather than hog the fame himself. Hooley laid a cushioned header on a platter for the on rushing Taggart who had the goal at his mercy and Eugene out of the picture

Taggart managed to **** it up letting Boogard get some miracle block in when it was easier to score

Like i said, before taggart scored he has done sweet **** all for our team. exept make up numbers.

GazFish35
15-11-2013, 03:03 PM
just like Birraz, until he makes a save he's doing sweet FA too.

howardyou
15-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Because we shouldn't be aiming to have a team full of nice blokes? pv4 has provided countless statistics on how shit Bridges is, how ineffective his passes are, how often he gives it away, examples of him trying backheels or roulettes and losing it. How is "nice bloke, had a chat with him at his bar, really loves Newcastle" helping us on the pitch?

Opinions about football should be about football, not personality.

Okay find a stat on this:
The team seems to lift and look more positive when Bridges is on the field. Just my opinion.

pv4
15-11-2013, 03:13 PM
The team seems to lift and look more positive when Bridges is on the field. Just my opinion.

when was the most recent example of this happening? I'll rewatch it to have a look

Grimario
15-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Really? If by "lifting" you mean they look more lively because they have to be ready to defend more often... sure.

Grimario
15-11-2013, 03:17 PM

Also, thank god he was on the pitch so we could "lift" for the amazing performance against Perth which was possibly the worst display of football I have seen since the HAL began.

Grimario
15-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Wait, I've got it... you must mean that 1 minute plus stoppage time in the game against the Coasties where he was brought on to presumably hold it up in the corner.

:gent:

q-money
15-11-2013, 03:37 PM
:rof:

bridges :oops:

howardyou
15-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Meh i don't care really at all. Just stirring you Bridges haterz up. 60% of the time, it works every time.

My2BobsWorth
15-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Very good howardyou

pv4
15-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Very good howardyou

:rof: you've been quiet!

MFKS
15-11-2013, 10:13 PM
On another note did anyone notice in the Gypo game when that Bridges came on for 2 mins and injury time to replace Zads who had ran himself into the ground for Newy.

Bridges as per usual gives the ball away and then sets a first class example of what not to do by not even bothering to try and chase back. ****ing disgrace when Zads done enough running for 3 blokes yet this bloke can't even be arsed running for the 4 and a half mins he gets paid for every blue moon

leftrightout
16-11-2013, 12:51 AM
My opinion is the world is flat. Anyone who questions my opinion and/or can provide a constructive argument against it is putting me down, and are probably wrong themselves. I do not need to validate my opinion. Lms

You are as big an idiot here as you are in the local forum...
I didn't say anything about validating your own opinion. I like the opposing opinions. Again that's why we are on here voicing them! All I said was stop telling people that, basically, they are idiots for having differing opinions. If someone likes bridges, for ****s sake let them. Tell them you don't and why. Don't take the piss and make them feel like an inferior fan because you think you know everything about football!

And just so you get it, this is not a pro-bridges post... I don't rate him at his age!

Grimario
16-11-2013, 01:06 AM
I didn't say anything about validating your own opinion. I like the opposing opinions. Again that's why we are on here voicing them! All I said was stop telling people that, basically, they are idiots for having differing opinions. If someone likes bridges, for ****s sake let them. Tell them you don't and why. Don't take the piss and make them feel like an inferior fan because you think you know everything about football!

And just so you get it, this is not a pro-bridges post... I don't rate him at his age!

No one is saying that people who like Bridges are idiots. What pv4 is saying is the pro-Bridges brigade need to actually make a case for their opinions and not just come out with the "well, that's my opinion and I am entitled to it". It's called debating... and when ALL THE EVIDENCE points at Bridges being a waste of space on the football field, of course people are going to argue against you.

pv4
16-11-2013, 08:53 AM

Dude. Don't put me down for putting forward an opinion. An opinion can't be wrong.

I genuinely love this "debate". Has anyone else picked up on the fact that it's turned into a classic atheist-vs-religious debate? Anti-bridges are the atheists and they be like "prove at least ONE THING. Back up ONE STATEMENT. and we'll be open to the idea" and pro-bridges or the religious people be like "Lolwat, there are other people who agree with me, how is that not proof"

snake
16-11-2013, 09:18 AM
bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud

leftrightout
16-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Dude. Don't put me down for putting forward an opinion. An opinion can't be wrong.

I genuinely love this "debate". Has anyone else picked up on the fact that it's turned into a classic atheist-vs-religious debate? Anti-bridges are the atheists and they be like "prove at least ONE THING. Back up ONE STATEMENT. and we'll be open to the idea" and pro-bridges or the religious people be like "Lolwat, there are other people who agree with me, how is that not proof"

I didn't put you down for having an opinion, if you read my post again you will see I agree with your opinion on bridges... I don't rate him.
I said your an idiot for making other feel inferior for having an opinion.
I agree, if they come up with a good point as to why he is good people may actually take it on board (unlikely though). But if they can't come up with a point as to why they like the dude, don't write up posts making them look like fools for it.

Example... I quite like gol gol mubratu as a player. His stats are probably horrendous and he doesn't score many goals (has he ever scored? Probably against us?) but you know what, I couldn't care, I just like the guy as a player and would be happy to see him in my team.
Others will disagree and have those bad stats to show it, but It doesn't change my mind.

Also sorry about the idiot remark, I had a few too many last night and well you know how the foz and drinking go together!

GazFish35
16-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Tick tick tick tick tick tick........ GFC 4 is coming!

MFKS
16-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I didn't put you down for having an opinion, if you read my post again you will see I agree with your opinion on bridges... I don't rate him.
I said your an idiot for making other feel inferior for having an opinion.
I agree, if they come up with a good point as to why he is good people may actually take it on board (unlikely though). But if they can't come up with a point as to why they like the dude, don't write up posts making them look like fools for it.

Example... I quite like gol gol mubratu as a player. His stats are probably horrendous and he doesn't score many goals (has he ever scored? Probably against us?) but you know what, I couldn't care, I just like the guy as a player and would be happy to see him in my team.
Others will disagree and have those bad stats to show it, but It doesn't change my mind.

Also sorry about the idiot remark, I had a few too many last night and well you know how the foz and drinking go together!

Bloke scored against us last season in Melburn. Can't remember off the top of my head if he has ever scored in the HAL apart from that goal.

hawk
17-11-2013, 08:58 PM
heard we won again

MFKS
17-11-2013, 09:01 PM
heard we won again

Surreal feeling leavening a Jets game not being pissed off with the world and actually looking forward to our next game.

Long may it continue