PDA

View Full Version : 2012/2013 Season Away Travel Thread

furns
28-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Discussions here on who is going when and where etc
Also post up in here when flight specials are on and shit

Is everyone planning the Melbourne double NY week?

WolfMan
28-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Definitely keen for Melbourne away x2 over NY.

I found a hotel nearby the Stadiums that will allow bookings and charge when you check out. Could be an option to ensure accommodation without having to fork out initially.

tommy_v
28-06-2012, 03:44 PM
24 Nov @ Melbourne - Jetstar $49
1 Dec @ Brisbane - Jetstar $45
deal ends 02 July 11:59pm

tommy_v
28-06-2012, 03:54 PM
3 Nov @ Perth - Virgin from Sydney $165
deal ends 03 July

Beeen
28-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Keen for Melbourne away x2

MFKS
29-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Just took advantage of the $45 ticket to Brisbane with Jetstar. Flying up Friday for an extra day of R&R

Am holding off on return fare at this stage as I couldn't be arsed flying out of Brisbane at 6:20am Sunday as it inhibits festivities on Saturday night and the later Sunday options are up at the $99 price bracket. Monday no good as I will have to be back at work. Will just wait and check in on it from time to time as the fares fluctuate before picking my mark

Add in the ridiculous $7 or whatever it is for paying by Visa (Why??) so you are looking around the $110 to get home

Am also looking at doing the Wellington away game in January. Have tallied up the sums for doing Melbourne New Years Mission and can see it costing a small fortune.

Planning on heading to Travel Agent to see how much I can do 7-10 days seeing the sights of NZ plus being in Wellington on Sunday 27th Jan game for our ritual arse raping in NZ.

Feel it will come in about the same/cheaper than Melbourne trip plus get a few more days/value out of it

Don't forget Boys and Girls planning on Perth away trip that NIB Stadium has a 9k capacity due to re development so make sure you can get tickets before booking as it won't be much fun lobbing up in Perth and having to watch the game at the pub after forking out for flights accommodation etc when you could have stayed in Newy and watched it on Fox Sports

pv4
29-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Am holding off on return fare at this stage as I couldn't be arsed flying out of Brisbane at 6:20am Sunday as it inhibits festivities on Saturday night

this is where you and i think differently - to me that says you don't need to spend on accomodation for the saturday night, ask your hotel to hold your luggage that you've checked out on the saturday morning for the day/night, then party all through the sat night, don't sleep, pick your gear up from the hotel locker in the early am and head to the airport early. sleep whilst waiting at the airport & on the plane.

pv4
29-06-2012, 02:20 PM
am hoping to get to brisbane, adelaide, melbz & wellington away this season. but i can see me only getting to brisbane & possibly adelaide.

MFKS
29-06-2012, 02:29 PM
this is where you and i think differently - to me that says you don't need to spend on accomodation for the saturday night, ask your hotel to hold your luggage that you've checked out on the saturday morning for the day/night, then party all through the sat night, don't sleep, pick your gear up from the hotel locker in the early am and head to the airport early. sleep whilst waiting at the airport & on the plane.

Probably a reflection on our differing ages and mentalities. I still enjoy going out on the piss but don't wish to be getting home from it at 5 am in the morning any more!!!

Plus I have no great urgency to get back to Newy early that Sunday morning so would much rather spend most of my day in Brissy enjoying what it has to offer rather than getting to Brisvegas airport in the early part of the morning to get back to Newy at breakfast time and spend the rest of the day feeling like shite

q-money
29-06-2012, 02:36 PM
brisbane is a terrible city, but every away trip i have been on there has been brilliant

1. kaze house, shitman, sayers wearing every piece of his clothing, and most of everyone elses's in the pool, 4-4-2, hitman's dick, the lezzos, doss on sex patrol, roary getting ****ed, kickouts, queensland cops fmd. will be very hard to top that, a day from another time, never to be repeated

2. the one where griffo popped up and slotted a header in the 93rd minute to steal a victory, place going legit mental - boz and i arriving in the third minute after a squillion dollar cab ride

3. slobs getting in touch with the local indigenous population, the fist talking to his cousin matt ham, feats of strength

q-money
29-06-2012, 02:41 PM
the best bit is most of the locals don't seem to have a ****ing clue, the shenanos that one can get up to are only limited by your imagination

Mitchy
29-06-2012, 02:42 PM
rip slobs iphone

q-money
29-06-2012, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7cbkxn4G8U

WolfMan
30-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Don't forget Boys and Girls planning on Perth away trip that NIB Stadium has a 9k capacity due to re development so make sure you can get tickets before booking as it won't be much fun lobbing up in Perth and having to watch the game at the pub after forking out for flights accommodation etc when you could have stayed in Newy and watched it on Fox Sports

I believe Sage and co. have elected to play their home matches from Paterson's Stadium (Subiaco). So redundant issue really

Pico
30-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Last I heard they hadn't made a firm decision and were still throwing up the idea of using burswood dome

WolfMan
30-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Ahhh, you are probably correct. I saw they (Glory) were playing their Round 1 match at Paterson's, and looked no further, but it appears nib stadium is (at this stage) listed as the venue for their remaining matches.

Burswood would throw up an interesting issue, as it is an indoor arena, and would be presumably played on artificial turf??

Pico
01-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah that's the plan, one slight problem its scheduled for demolition at the end of the year, would make for an interesting atmosphere.

hawk
20-07-2012, 08:29 PM
What are the logistics for Wests away? furns?

boz-monaut
20-07-2012, 09:16 PM
train to Strathfield, connection to Parramatta

piece of piss

Hamma12
20-07-2012, 09:57 PM
What are the logistics for Wests away? furns?

train to Strathfield, connection to Parramatta

piece of piss

Furns' place for pre match drinks

WolfMan
21-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Submitted paperwork for Annual Leave over Xmas/ New Years (more importantly, Melbourne Away).
Can. Not. Wait.

furns
21-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Furns' place for pre match drinks
like I want half the mongs in here at my place :rolleyes:

We will have to find a pub in Parra on the way to the ground. Woolpack is the Blocheads pub.

boz-monaut
21-07-2012, 10:42 AM
is that Bavarian Beer place still open over that side of Parramatta?

expensive but could be hilariously drunkening

GazFish35
21-07-2012, 11:41 AM
is that Bavarian Beer place still open over that side of Parramatta?

expensive but could be hilariously drunkening

Ja.

furns
21-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Bavarian Bier Cafe - definately. Take the family there occasionally for dinner.
Could be hilarious or ridiculous depending on peoples intake of european beers in steins.

I can line it up considering I live five minutes drive from the place.

pistolpete
21-07-2012, 04:00 PM
That sounds like a winner

Blackmac79
21-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Furns I think you and I (and any other F3 scallywags) should spend some serious time in investigation of this. No point jumping the gun.

What day suits you?

GazFish35
21-07-2012, 06:02 PM
It would take at least 4 steins to determine the venue's suitability.

hawk
21-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I want half the mongs in here at my place
:pissup: :lulzturtle:

Schultz
21-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Bavarian Bier Cafe -
Could be hilarious or ridiculous

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg72/scaled.php?server=72&filename=tumblrlt3p3os4vb1qgwauq.jpg&res=landing

furns
21-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Furns I think you and I (and any other F3 scallywags) should spend some serious time in investigation of this. No point jumping the gun.

What day suits you?
Any time any lads are keen

MFKS
27-07-2012, 01:39 PM
Jetstar are doing $49 flights from Newy to Brisbane both ways at the time we play Roar on December 1st

Also doing $79 flights from Sydney to Adelaide both ways when we play at Hindmarsh on March 15th

Also doing $129 flights from Sydney to Perth both ways when we play at NIB on November 3rd

Sale ends 3rd of August if anyones interested

snake
27-07-2012, 01:43 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg72/scaled.php?server=72&filename=tumblrlt3p3os4vb1qgwauq.jpg&res=landing

lol

furns
27-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Virgin also running a domestic sale.

furns
27-07-2012, 03:33 PM
http://goo.gl/maps/aMIp
Another option for a prematch pub The Rose & Crown on Victoria Rd
its a bit further out though.

Blackmac79
27-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Whens everyone keen for a pub audition night?

Friday night suit anyone?

also Rose & Crown like the same distance as Bier. However might help us avoid RBB on the way to the ground? Being off their route and all.

q-money
27-07-2012, 04:28 PM
sif go to parra

Rocknerd
27-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Whens everyone keen for a pub audition night?

Friday night suit anyone?

also Rose & Crown like the same distance as Bier. However might help us avoid RBB on the way to the ground? Being off their route and all.

with at least 2 weeks notice I'm available most nights.

furns
01-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Virgin Aus and NZ flights all on sale until tomorrow

BodyNovo
01-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Virgin Aus and NZ flights all on sale until tomorrow

won't miss the chance, love wello away

are you going furnz? saturday night at 4 kingz?

also don't know if you heard but the wello boys pub the backbencher had a massive fire (don't know if it was the whole building but pretty f**ked nonetheless), hoping to have it ready by the time we get there in january.

Superdylan
02-08-2012, 04:13 AM
For anyone considering Brisbane away, stereo-sonic which is a techno/house festival is on the day after the jets game up in Brisbane. Also the game is in the middle of the schoolies week so might be a decent lot up there.

http://www.inthemix.com.au/whatson/brisbane_gold_coast/event/71361/Stereosonic_2012

furns
02-08-2012, 10:54 AM
won't miss the chance, love wello away

are you going furnz? saturday night at 4 kingz?

also don't know if you heard but the wello boys pub the backbencher had a massive fire (don't know if it was the whole building but pretty f**ked nonetheless), hoping to have it ready by the time we get there in january.
definately in for 4 kings and NZ
I didnt hear that, thats a shame its a good pub. Well they will have alternatives either way.

BodyNovo
02-08-2012, 11:15 AM
definately in for 4 kings and NZ
I didnt hear that, thats a shame its a good pub. Well they will have alternatives either way.

i dare say the alternative would be 4 kings i guess.

me and the wass man are in, i'd assume timmy got on it as well as he let me know about the sale.

WolfMan
06-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Melbourne away over xmas/New Years = booked.
Cannot wait to get amongst it and finally put faces to screen-names

furns
06-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Welly away booked - $340 return inc baggage
awesome

evolution
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Pencilling in Perth away on December 14. Will tie it in with pissing up in Perth for a week, return flights around $400 from a quick search I did today.

GazFish35
06-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Welly away booked - $340 return inc baggage
awesome

That's a great price considering all your baggage

selassie
06-08-2012, 10:58 PM
i dare say the alternative would be 4 kings i guess.

me and the wass man are in, i'd assume timmy got on it as well as he let me know about the sale.

where r use staying?

haven't booked flights yet, being 2 slack.

*FREE
10-08-2012, 08:59 PM
people probably already know but Tiger is having a sale at the moment.

SYD to MEL and MEL to SYD flights $20 each way, $40 return in the period when we play Victory on the 3rd of march.

more importantly Jetstar will price match + take off 10% if they have an equivalent flight within an hour of departure. you have to ring them for that or some shit.

flights in the double header period are $90 return.

Hamma12
10-08-2012, 09:01 PM
$40 return in the period when we play Victory on the 3rd of march.

I'd be more worried about the Christmas double header then March 2013

Mitchy
13-08-2012, 01:11 PM
melbourne away booked

furns
29-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I have been contacted and might be able to get a decent rate at the Sebel in Parramatta when we play WSW on Sat 10th Nov.
Would anyone be interested so we can gauge if its worth pursuing?

Its literally two blocks from Parra stadium.

toad
29-08-2012, 10:56 AM
how much are flights to parramatta?

furns
29-08-2012, 11:28 AM
This is obviously for people who dont want to go back on the train to Newy straight after toad :p

hauss
06-09-2012, 08:28 AM
This is obviously for people who dont want to go back on the train to Newy straight after toad :p

Hey Furns,

Do you think its worth hiring a coach for the Del Piero.. um I mean Sydney FC v Jets game on 13 Oct?

I know that Sydney FC include public transport in their ticket prices, but I just want to get in and get out of Sydney asap and would still prefer to go by coach. There may be enough people like me to make it viable - if you increase the price by $5 or something.

What do you think?

BodyNovo
06-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Hey Furns,

Do you think its worth hiring a coach for the Del Piero.. um I mean Sydney FC v Jets game on 13 Oct?

I know that Sydney FC include public transport in their ticket prices, but I just want to get in and get out of Sydney asap and would still prefer to go by coach. There may be enough people like me to make it viable - if you increase the price by $5 or something.

What do you think?

i agree with hauss i think this is a top idea.

if the club gave it a couple of weeks in the weekly news letter that gets emailed before the season starts, i reckon people would jump at it.

MFKS
06-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Jetstar specials until Sunday 10th September

$49 each way Newy to Melbourne available when we play Heart on 24 November and Victree on March 3rd 2013 Not available for New Years Double Header though

$69 each way Sydney to Adelaide available when we play at Hindmarsh on Friday 15th March 2013

furns
06-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Hey Furns,

What do you think?I will investigate

BodyNovo
06-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Jetstar specials until Sunday 10th September

$49 each way Newy to Melbourne available when we play Heart on 24 November and Victree on March 3rd 2013 Not available for New Years Double Header though

$69 each way Sydney to Adelaide available when we play at Hindmarsh on Friday 15th March 2013

i honestly said to myself i wasn't going to attend that many games this season compared to last year.

but when prices like that get thrown at me i can't resisit it.

will jump on the adelaide and melbourne trip now.

Jetstream can put me down for the away reporting again this year i guess is a positive out of it.

hauss
06-09-2012, 10:45 AM
I will investigate

Sydney FC are already talking about it being a sell out, so I think its viable, as there will be delays ferrying people to Central Station for the trains etc.

MFKS
06-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Um in light of Alessandro Del Piero's signing it may be wise of those wishing to go to Sydney game to actually get their backsides down to Ticketek ASAP and not be tardy buying tickets.

Don't forget there is gonna be a bandwagon of Plastic Smurf supporters turning up to the game and our away bay may shrink accordingly to accommodate these plastics.

Don't miss out get in early

Hamma12
06-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Um in light of Alessandro Del Piero's signing it may be wise of those wishing to go to Sydney game to actually get their backsides down to Ticketek ASAP and not be tardy buying tickets.

Don't forget there is gonna be a bandwagon of Plastic Smurf supporters turning up to the game and our away bay may shrink accordingly to accommodate these plastics.

Don't miss out get in early

Tickets arent on sale atm.
I reckon our end could be in trouble also..
I'm seriously considering going down Friday arvo if my plans work out

BodyNovo
06-09-2012, 11:05 AM
i can imagine the tickets haven't been made for sale yet as sydney want to now push for fans to grab a membership instead of paying the excessive prices for a matchday ticket which you can imagine for that round 2 game are going to be unbelievably over-priced. I can see an adult ticket in the away bay being $30-40

sh10
06-09-2012, 11:21 AM
the greasy wog factor at the sfs has just gone through the roof

MFKS
06-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Just saved me a trip to Ticketek today then!!

One area that is lacking in the HAL is the administration of away tickets. In Europe you can buy them through your club and the away club does a bit of promotion to boost crowd for the game by getting more of their fans there. It is actually ridiculous that 4 weeks out from the season you can't actually buy a ticket to a game. It wouldn't be hard to organise to have Smurfs issue Newy Jets eg 1000 tickets to be sold via Newy Jets club to our fans. Don't give me any shit about rival ticketing platforms. You could go into the HSG supporters store cough up your cash and give them your details. Jets then send a list to Sydney of who has coughed up and they send the tickets out by mail. Not rocket science

What will be ridiculous is if fans of Newy miss out on going to the game because of the increased number of plastics turning up. I have been planning on going to this game since the day the fixture list was sent out and I sacked off the day at work about 2 hours later. I am planning on going to watch Rubez and Tarago stick it to the Smurfs and couldn't give a **** about some Italian geriatric playing for the Smurfs.

Be ****ing quite cut if I have to sit at home and watch it on Foxtel

MFKS
06-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Friday September 14th Tickets go on sale at Ticketek for Sydney match

Superdylan
06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Also thinking of heading down to Sydney Friday arvo myself

Couple cheap backpackers around central :) Will see with work.

sanchez
06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
"cheap backpackers"

they're cheap because they are backpackers you cock-nugget

That's like me saying there are a few spastic retards on this forum.

furns
06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
wb sanchez

Vandenberg13
06-09-2012, 09:03 PM
the away games il be at

Week 2 Saturday 13 Oct Sydney FC Allianz Stadium 5:30
Week 6 Saturday 10 Nov Western Sydney TBC 5:30
Week 8 Saturday 24 Nov Melbourne Heart AAMI Park 5:30
Week 9 Saturday 1 Dec Brisbane Roar Suncorp Stadium 7:45
Week 11 Friday 14 Dec Perth Glory nib Stadium 9:45
Week 13 Friday 28 Dec Melbourne Victory AAMI Park 7:30
Week 14 Tuesday 1 Jan Melbourne Heart AAMI Park 4:00
Week 17 Saturday 19 Jan Central Coast Mariners Bluetongue Stadium 7:45
Week 18 Sunday 27 Jan Wellington Phoenix Westpac Stadium 2:30
Week 20 Saturday 9 Feb Western Sydney Campbelltown Stadium 7:45
Week 23 Sunday 3 Mar Melbourne Victory AAMI Park 5:00
Week 25 Friday 15 Mar Adelaide United Hindmarsh Stadium 7:30

Hamma12
06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
the away games il be at

Week 2 Saturday 13 Oct Sydney FC Allianz Stadium 5:30
Week 6 Saturday 10 Nov Western Sydney TBC 5:30
Week 8 Saturday 24 Nov Melbourne Heart AAMI Park 5:30
Week 9 Saturday 1 Dec Brisbane Roar Suncorp Stadium 7:45
Week 11 Friday 14 Dec Perth Glory nib Stadium 9:45
Week 13 Friday 28 Dec Melbourne Victory AAMI Park 7:30
Week 14 Tuesday 1 Jan Melbourne Heart AAMI Park 4:00
Week 17 Saturday 19 Jan Central Coast Mariners Bluetongue Stadium 7:45
Week 18 Sunday 27 Jan Wellington Phoenix Westpac Stadium 2:30
Week 20 Saturday 9 Feb Western Sydney Campbelltown Stadium 7:45
Week 23 Sunday 3 Mar Melbourne Victory AAMI Park 5:00
Week 25 Friday 15 Mar Adelaide United Hindmarsh Stadium 7:30

No-one cares champ...
Another student of Mong school

Vandenberg13
06-09-2012, 09:16 PM
haha oh well, my first post on the forum

GazFish35
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
No-one cares champ...
Another student of Mong school

Ease up ham

snake
07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
pretty sure it isn't hamma. rofl, anyway.

MFKS
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Just locked in Adelaide so that's Roar and Adelaide away.

Can't do both legs of Melbourne double header but wish to get to Melbourne for 1 of our 4 games this year. Now I got to work out which one!!

BodyNovo
07-09-2012, 12:57 PM
victoree>>heart games

Chadandkira12
13-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Booked brissy away when they had the $45 flights had a great time last year so was definitely first away trip I booked looking at Perth away my cousin lives over there so will stay with him

Osvaldo
14-09-2012, 06:57 PM
How many others who became members before 4th September haven't received the Membership Pack yet? Did yours get "lost in the mail"? My Jets Membership Pack, supposedly "lost in the mail". They say they are going to send me another, don't know when I will get it. How can you lose your Jets Membership Pack in the mail?

boz-monaut
14-09-2012, 07:02 PM
what does this have to do with travelling to away games?

WolfMan
19-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Got an email from FFA regarding "Football Family" presale windows for each team. Figured I could grab away tickets for the Victory/Heart double over the festive break.
Trouble is, there is no mention of the Victory match in December. In fact, their "home" matches skip straight from November to February. Not sure why this would be.

hauss
25-09-2012, 09:18 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/news-display/Away-Days-Mariners-collaborate-with-Coastal-Liner/49092

WITH six away games in NSW throughout the 2012/13 season, there has never been a better time to follow the Central Coast Mariners on the road as well as at Gosford’s idyllic bayside arena, Bluetongue Stadium!

Here at Mariners HQ, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Coastal Liner to ensure your support for the Coast can go to Parramatta, Hunter, and Allianz Stadium this term.

To encourage you to support the team away from home, Coastal Liner will provide two pick-up points each match-day (Gosford and Tuggerah), delivering supporters to the door of each Stadium and back to the drop-off point of their choice in style.

Best yet, each time you book a seat on one of their coaches you can choose from a single or “Combo Transport Ticket”.

A “Combo Transport Ticket” ensures you’re booked to travel to and from the next two Hyundai A-League Mariners away games in NSW! Single return tickets are just $23, while “Combo Transport Tickets” provide even greater value at just $40.

Example: John Smith has his yellow ready and wants to travel to the Mariners first game of the season away to Western Sydney Wanderers at Parramatta Stadium on Saturday 6 October. Checking the fixture list on CCMariners.com.au, Mr Smith recognises that the Mariners also have an F3 Derby at Hunter Stadium, Newcastle on Saturday 20 October.

Aside from Glasgow Celtic, the Mariners are John’s number one team and Graham Arnold is his favourite coach! Smith decides to book a “Combo Transport Ticket” guaranteeing his seat from the Coast to Parramatta and Newcastle and back for $40.

John’s mate, Aaron, can only make the Wanderers match. He books him, too. The total cost is $63.

“Grab your scarf, Az, we’re ready for round one,” John says.

Central Coast Mariners / Coastal Liner Away Day Deals

Round 1 vs. Western Sydney Wanderers – Saturday 6 October
Pick-up point 1: Club Tuggerah, Bryant Drive, Tuggerah – 5:00pm
Pick-up point 2: Central Coast Leagues, Dane Drive, Gosford – 5:30pm
Cost: $23 single match (or add “Combo Transport Ticket” for extra $17)
Reservations: Please CLICK HERE to reserve your seat(s), or call (02) 4392 3050 for more information.

Round 3 vs. Newcastle Jets – Saturday 20 October
Pick-up point 1: Central Coast Leagues, Dane Drive, Gosford – 3:00pm
Pick-up point 2: Club Tuggerah, Bryant Drive, Tuggerah – 3:30pm
Cost: $23 single match (or add “Combo Transport Ticket for extra $17)
Reservations: Please CLICK HERE to reserve your seat(s), or call (02) 4392 3050 for more information.

Looks like the Mariners have seen the potential of NSW rivalry games and have made a deal with a coach company. Interesting that it is the club themselves that seem to be offerring the coach travel and not the fans.

WTF is that Glasgow Celtic nonsense and calling a season a "term". Maybe this is how they converse down South. "Grab yer scarf Az!"

EDIT: Actually it does appear to be booked by the Yellow Army. Sold out one coach and nearly filled a second.

boz-monaut
25-09-2012, 09:49 AM
well done Mariners - the combo ticket sounds like a decent deal as well

something we really lack in the A-League is decent numbers for away games

hauss
25-09-2012, 09:59 AM
I think this year is the year away travel will take off in NSW. Sydney fans will travel to Newcastle in big numbers to see Del Piero v Heskey. The Sydney Derby will be huge. We normally get good numbers to the Central Coast but not Sydney. However, because of the fact we only have one game at the SFS and it is the first home game for Del Piero, I think we will get big numbers down there this season.

A Western Sydney team with a strong identity was a missing piece.

I'm definitely interested in booking on a Squadron Coach for both the Round 2 and Round 6 fixtures. Just need the details out there and well promoted.

toad
25-09-2012, 10:28 AM
why did they give that example about john and his mate az? that was probably the stupidest thing i've ever read.

Beeen
25-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Now Sydney has Del Piero and we have Heskey, they might get close to the 1000 away supporters they like to think they bring every time we play them here.

WolfMan
01-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Tix for Melbourne away x2 over Xmas/New Year's = purchased. Pumped

MFKS
03-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Any ideas on how the public transport for the Smurfs game works?? On my tickets it says go to www.131500.com.au but they only have this weeks events and not next up.

Does my Ticketek ticket just need to be scanned into the City Rail terminals or do I have to organise some other method to activate the transport??

GazFish35
03-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Wave it to the dude on the gate.

Chadandkira12
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Jet star have $49 flights back from brissy on the 2nd of december at 11:25 now

furns
05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Virgin have a sale on currently also

furns
08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Another Virgin sale on

NZ $150 off return fares for the 27th Jan. Get on it.

Pegonavich
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Tickets purchased for Victory away Sun March 3, 2013. $49 e/w from Jetstar. Can't get time off work at the moment for any of the other games :angry:

Superdylan
09-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Tickets booked for heart game in november. $117 return 22-26th november.

timmy_v
10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Mongs on tour.

RedMexican
10-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Mongs on tour.

:yay:

MFKS
18-10-2012, 08:08 PM
In relation to our upcoming game at Parramatta Stadium V WSW anyone familiar with the area?? Anywheres good to get a feed near by before and after game?? Any ideas as to what pubs to stay away from/go to??? Don't know that part of Sydney well and wish to get some research in before the day

furns
18-10-2012, 08:16 PM
There is an entire restaurant precinct on Church St mate with about 50 restaurants.

We will hopefully be having our prematch at Bavarian Bier Cafe.

pistolpete
18-10-2012, 08:17 PM
In relation to our upcoming game at Parramatta Stadium V WSW anyone familiar with the area?? Anywheres good to get a feed near by before and after game?? Any ideas as to what pubs to stay away from/go to??? Don't know that part of Sydney well and wish to get some research in before the day

Been a while so not sure about pubs but there is plenty of places nearby for a good feed. Depends on what you feel like really

EDIT: What Furns said ;)

pistolpete
18-10-2012, 08:18 PM
We will hopefully be having our prematch at Bavarian Bier Cafe.

That sounds like a very good plan

furns
18-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Its pricey but its a decent feed and you get steins of euro beer ffs

anyone who complains is a coastie

Hamma12
18-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Its pricey but its a decent feed and you get steins of euro beer ffs

anyone who complains is a coastie

SD will I'll bet ya

MFKS
18-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Something special about drinking beer out of steins or jugs:pissup::lulzturtle:

furns
22-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Another Virgin sale on now for 2013 fares. Ends midnight tonight.

pv4
22-10-2012, 02:07 PM
mr & mrs v4 will be heading to melbz awa(y) at the start of march.

am also trying to get to bris away at start of dec with my old boys crew

pv4
22-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Another Virgin sale on now for 2013 fares. Ends midnight tonight.

jetstar have similar sales. if i'm not mistaken, even cheaper.

evolution
22-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Have booked Melbourne away double header in December/January, now about to book Wellington away over the Australia Day long weekend. Return flights with Air NZ only $630pp.. get in!

furns
22-10-2012, 06:28 PM
jetstar have similar sales. if i'm not mistaken, even cheaper.except of course for the disadvantage of having to fly with Jetstar

pv4
22-10-2012, 06:43 PM
except of course for the disadvantage of having to fly with Jetstar

i've flown with both a few times & couldn't honestly remember a difference - is jetstar much worse than virgin for some reason?

furns
22-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Have flown with Virgin for years and never had any issues

Jetstar staff are basically rude, their planes and seats are uncomfortable and they have a habit of cancelling or changing flight times

Grimario
22-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Have flown with Virgin for years and never had any issues

Jetstar staff are basically rude, their planes and seats are uncomfortable and they have a habit of cancelling or changing flight times

Tis funny, I think the same but of Virgin. Even moreso with their flash new planes, less leg room.

Superdylan
22-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Most times I've flown with jet star flights have been delayed. Once it was delayed by 3 hours. Booked with virgin for Brisbane away this year as it was cheaper then jet star.

Any good places to stay in Brisbane at? Is the yha good there as I'm looking at staying on the cheap? I see its nice and close to caxton street which could come in handy.

au revoir
22-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Tis funny, I think the same but of Virgin. Even moreso with their flash new planes, less leg room.

i'm with grim on this. have flown both a fair few times but always found jetstar quite pleasent and good prices, whereas i've had plenty of shit flights on virgin.

Grimario
22-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Can we all agree that both are brilliant compared to Tiger?

au revoir
22-10-2012, 07:30 PM
have nae flown tiger. q loves them.

q-money
22-10-2012, 07:45 PM
never had a problem with tiger, just expect delays as par for the course, travel a day earlier - go for 20 bucks, get strippers (y)

au revoir loves them. strippers.

MFKS
22-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Flew home from Melburn to Sydney last year on Tiger was half expecting to be sitting on a milk crate and strapped by occy straps.......... Was pleasantly surprised by the plane and the seats were good. Couldn't ****ing fault them. The staffs handling of the passengers left Jetstar and Virgin for dead , and the Pilot chipped in with a nice little announcemnt about where we were at in the flight and how long we would be before landing etc and just come across as a good bloke enjoying his job.

Now high levels of customer service ain't that important to me as I get a little offended/uncomfortable when I can see people trying to kiss my arse and call me Sir and all the other shit. The crew seemed pretty genuine rather than some of the stuck up wenches on Jetstar/Virgin who are smiling through gritted teeth at work.

Granted it is only 1 experience and others may have had bad dealings with them but at present given the choice I would fly Tiger over both Jetstar and Virgin. Shame they don't fly into Newy and you have to land in Sydney and then get home from Mascot!!!

tompy
22-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Partner and I are going to the Brisbane game in December for her birthday. Will be my first game so hopefully its a good one ... and we'll be sitting with the Sqaudron :D

GazFish35
22-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Ballotelli flys RyanAir
http://www.pedestrian.tv/pop-culture/news/mario-balotelli-flees-england-via-ryanair/95436.htm

snake
22-10-2012, 10:10 PM
never had a problem with tiger, just expect delays as par for the course, travel a day earlier - go for 20 bucks, get strippers (y)

au revoir loves them. strippers.

strippers >> young labour conferance

furns
22-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Partner and I are going to the Brisbane game in December for her birthday. Will be my first game so hopefully its a good one ... and we'll be sitting with the Sqaudron :D
Just a heads up - no-one sits ;)

tompy
23-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Just a heads up - no-one sits ;)

Yea i get that ... i don't think i'll be sitting either :D i might have to learn the songs and the chants though so i can join in :D

ToddG NBUnited
30-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Virgin have more cheap flights to nz for the jan 27th game. Just booked 2 return tickets with 1 checked bag and travel insurance for $694. Around $160 there 27jan $111 back 29jan

furns
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Will put this up for match thread but have chosen http://www.thecommercialhotel.net.au/ as the prematch venue this saturday
Management informs me that bistro is open all day saturday, food ranges from $7 - $29 and they will have $5 pints of New/VB/Carlton. Plus its right near the station so its easy access. Will need to leave pub an hour before kickoff as it will be at least a 15- 20 minute march.

Didnt think it would be a great idea to have a large contingent of people rocking up to a restaurant (Bavarian) and getting people pissed on euro beers they cant handle. Plus this option is much cheaper and its well away form the Woolpack.

Chadandkira12
05-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm driving down so I might park at parra stadium then walk to the pub

Superdylan
05-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Commercial sounds like a goer :) I spose those wanting a Bavarian bier can have one after the game.

Buddha
05-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Will be there, short train trip from 'Rith. Will try and bring a few others.

Scorpion or Sub Zero costume?

Chadandkira12
09-11-2012, 02:11 PM
How far is aami park from the airport on New Year's Day they have flights for $79 each way flight leaves at 8pmjust seeing if I'd get ack in time

toad
09-11-2012, 02:29 PM
you can get from the city to the airport in about 25-30 minutes normally so assuming you get out of the ground at about 6, you could probably do it barring any major traffic problems.

MFKS
09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
you can get from the city to the airport in about 25-30 minutes normally so assuming you get out of the ground at about 6, you could probably do it barring any major traffic problems.

Biggest problem will be getting from AAMI to Southern Cross Station in the peak of the crowd departing stadium. Would probably need transport to fall into line to do it comfortably. I reckon you will be right but you will be cutting a very very fine line.

The Dunster
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Anyone not feeling like the walk - From Parra station you can grab the Rogans Hill bus. Just make sure you get off at Victoria Rd intersection. then head left to the stadium.

furns
10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Or alternatively you could grab the game specific shuttle buses from Parra station that drop you at the stadium.....
:whistling:

furns
10-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Will put this up for match thread but have chosen http://www.thecommercialhotel.net.au/ as the prematch venue this saturday
Management informs me that bistro is open all day saturday, food ranges from $7 - $29 and they will have $5 pints of New/VB/Carlton. Plus its right near the station so its easy access. Will need to leave pub an hour before kickoff as it will be at least a 15- 20 minute march.

Didnt think it would be a great idea to have a large contingent of people rocking up to a restaurant (Bavarian) and getting people pissed on euro beers they cant handle. Plus this option is much cheaper and its well away from the Woolpack.Was contacted by Wanderers today, and had a good chat with their Fan Liason Officer.
Any Jets supporters who are attending the prematch at the Commercial please hold off any march to the stadium until at least 445pm to allow enough time for the RBB to leave the Woolpack on their way to the station. To get to stadium, walk down Station St, turn left on Macquarie St and then turn right down O'Connell St. Stadium is on O'Connell St, and ground security will let us into Gate J (south end of stadium) rather than have to go through the main entry gates on the north eastern side.
To avoid any random WSW tryhards intent on causing trouble, avoid Church and Marsden Sts and the park on the corner of Victoria Rd and Church St before and after the game. RBB will leave their pub at 430pm.

selassie
10-11-2012, 02:29 AM
stop making excuses about trackwork, every cunct get there.

The Dunster
10-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Or alternatively you could grab the game specific shuttle buses from Parra station that drop you at the stadium.....
:whistling:

I suppose the trains are electric now as well ?:blush:

q-money
11-11-2012, 09:59 AM
pretty tame trip really, expected a bit more

from my ivory tower things took a bit to get going in the first half on the terrace, the v-man holding court with a couple of comedy routines to lighten the mood

second half much better...strangely this is about the same time as when the bar shuts

what happened to all the tunes, have people forgotten them? ale-o, etc

q-money
11-11-2012, 10:14 AM
also how is that new uncle fester looking mong, ffs LOL

GazFish35
11-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Clearly used his own teeth to make his hat.

selassie
11-11-2012, 12:07 PM
poor turn out, imo. gud effort all those who made the trip.

q-money
11-11-2012, 12:33 PM
lol that bloke with a soccerball for a hat, what do these people do before they leave the house?

stupid soccerball hat...check
single tooth...check

gawd

Mitchy
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
poor turn out, imo. gud effort all those who made the trip.

Want to hear my excuse?

furns
11-11-2012, 01:56 PM
was this the mong that asked me if I was a newcastle supporter, despite me sitting with a bunch of other Newy fans while wearing a burberry scarf around my neck and our bar scarf through my belt? And asking me if I had heard about "this Heskey bloke"..............

Am usually quite tolerant of our lesser elements, but I literally couldnt help simultaneously laughing and holding my head in my hands at the sheer bellendry

selassie
11-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Want to hear my excuse?

go on.

Superdylan
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
was this the mong that asked me if I was a newcastle supporter, despite me sitting with a bunch of other Newy fans while wearing a burberry scarf around my neck and our bar scarf through my belt? And asking me if I had heard about "this Heskey bloke"..............

Am usually quite tolerant of our lesser elements, but I literally couldnt help simultaneously laughing and holding my head in my hands at the sheer bellendry

Nah wouldn't be him, however that guy thad was asking those pointless questions is my mate.

He can't comprehend things well furns, but I'm just trying to help him though.

Mitchy
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
go on.

18th

strippers etc

militiamon
11-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Nah wouldn't be him, however that guy thad was asking those pointless questions is my mate.

He can't comprehend things well furns, but I'm just trying to help him though.

I, for one, like him. Great enthusiasm.

kutgw SD :)

parksey
11-11-2012, 11:33 PM
A few pretty out of order comments in this thread.

Newieutd
15-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Anyone going to the Perth away game on the 14th Dec?

sh10
15-11-2012, 01:58 PM
yes, can't wait.

Queens again? Or Brisbane? (which hasn't been that busy the last couple of Glory games and is closer to the ground)

WolfMan
15-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I won't be there, but go the Brisbane. Never had trouble pre-match with the Jets jersey on when I lived in Perth. Far enough away from Elephant and Wheelbarrow to ensure you don't come across the Tools from the Shed (except when you walk past that gate at the ground LOL)

ToddG NBUnited
15-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I've got melbourne away booked i mar with jetstar. $130 return. Virgin has another domestic sale on at the moment too.

Buddha
15-11-2012, 04:17 PM
anyone going to the melbourne games over new years? probably book accom now giving that it is new years...

tompy
19-11-2012, 09:05 PM
has it been decided what's happening at brisbane for the 1/12? heading up and just wanna make a few plans. cheers

weston
21-11-2012, 12:32 AM
My uncle has bought me a ticket for the roar game. Apparently where I am sitting I don't want to be wearing red and blue. My reply, oh well, have to buy a giant flag to wave around as we'll. can't wait. First game since our last game v nth qld fury and third a-league game since season 2.

Beeen
21-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Just wondering is anyone headin' down to Melbourne this weekend? What boozer we usually drink in down there?

Superdylan
21-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Just wondering is anyone headin' down to Melbourne this weekend? What boozer we usually drink in down there?

Yep, different ones the 2 times I've gone to the pub beforehand. Last time I just went straight to the ground. Time beforehand met a heap at some pub way up swan street.

Closest would be the cricketers arms but this joint doesn't sell pints. Royal hotel had a topless barmaid and a stripper when I was there. Corner hotel is close aswell but have never been there.

Vandenberg13
22-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Anyone going to the Perth away game on the 14th Dec?

yes mate

Premy
24-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Yep, different ones the 2 times I've gone to the pub beforehand. Last time I just went straight to the ground. Time beforehand met a heap at some pub way up swan street.

Closest would be the cricketers arms but this joint doesn't sell pints. Royal hotel had a topless barmaid and a stripper when I was there. Corner hotel is close aswell but have never been there.

Where is everyone drinking in Melbourne before the game?

MFKS
27-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Rightio who is off to see the sights of Brisvegas this weekend???

Myself am heading up Friday???
(WHY the **** did I do that now???)

Seemed sensible at the time but now I am depressed that will be one day of my life less I will be spending in the land of my forefathers ie Newy

furns
27-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Am not going, but we seem to do ok away in Brisbane lately. Its when we play them at home thats the issue.

BodyNovo
27-11-2012, 11:07 AM
cannot confirm my attendance, await hamma's confirmation.

Hamma12
27-11-2012, 03:22 PM
cannot confirm my attendance, await hamma's confirmation.

both out....two lads SD won't annoy for once....thank ****

Superdylan
27-11-2012, 03:41 PM
both out....two lads SD won't annoy for once....thank ****

Hamma it's an away discussion thread not a personal attacking thread.

Apparently alot seem to be heading up to this game so should have solid away numbers.

Hamma12
27-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Apparently alot seem to be heading up to this game so should have solid away numbers.

Yeh you and the mong army .......

pistolpete
27-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeh you and the mong army .......

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dQYJ1ZC9Jlw/T6feetl3FDI/AAAAAAAADoE/2dXdxZH8Pig/s1600/pot+calling+kettle.jpg

boz-monaut
27-11-2012, 08:51 PM
pistolpete nails it

weston
28-11-2012, 09:43 AM
I will be in Brisbane, though idea where I am sitting. Apparently my uncle has me with roar supporters. By myself. I can't even sit with him as he is a season pass holder. If I can't sit with him than I would rather be with the away support. Will wait and see.

Superdylan
29-11-2012, 02:07 PM
What pub do we normally drink at before brisbane games? Hotel la looks pretty good with the balcony overlooking the road and is abit closer to the train station and city. I'd be guessing the roar fans normally drink at the Caxton?

Chadandkira12
29-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Last year we drank at the Caxton was only a few roar fans most of them were across and up the road

Superdylan
29-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Last year we drank at the Caxton was only a few roar fans most of them were across and up the road

Ahh sweet as caxton it is :)

pv4
29-11-2012, 03:07 PM
this time last year when we won 1-0, they didn't take kindly to newy boys walking through caxton st after the game. best have your left-right-uppercut combo ready, sd

MFKS
29-11-2012, 03:55 PM
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=suncorp+stadium+brisbane&ie=UTF-8&ei=deq2UPG-OMWsiAfwnoDIAw&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA

SD Is that a Pool I spot across the road???

BodyNovo
29-11-2012, 03:59 PM
this time last year when we won 1-0, they didn't take kindly to newy boys walking through caxton st after the game. best have your left-right-uppercut combo ready, sd

good times.

MFKS
29-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Anyone know what hotel the team are staying at/usually stay at up in Brissy??

Will be up there tomorrow and wouldn't mind dropping by and having a few words with a few of them.

Amongst my concerns is telling Marko Jesic how happy I would be if he signs for WSW, Get the Sign Lord Griffo message across loud and clear and I also have some ideas for GVE along the Goodwin Drop/Bench him out of left field crazy angle!!!

Vandenberg13
29-11-2012, 07:32 PM

Will be up there tomorrow and wouldn't mind dropping by and having a few words with a few of them.

Amongst my concerns is telling Marko Jesic how happy I would be if he signs for WSW, Get the Sign Lord Griffo message across loud and clear and I also have some ideas for GVE along the Goodwin Drop/Bench him out of left field crazy angle!!!

they use to stay at the holiday inn, but its changed to the novotel this season

Jeterpool
29-11-2012, 07:49 PM
No Jesic in the squad MFKS

MFKS
29-11-2012, 07:54 PM
No Jesic in the squad MFKS

Looks like everyone has had a win already this week:lulzturtle:

Buddha
29-11-2012, 08:50 PM

And im sure they will very much take your feedback into serious consideration...

pv4
29-11-2012, 09:38 PM
just tell them at the airport - you're almost certain to be there the same time they are. most away trips I've been on its been the case

weston
30-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Looks like my uncles got me tickets in the den. :(

pv4
30-11-2012, 12:47 PM
just use it & walk around to the away bay. you don't have to be mad-ninja to do it or anything. possibly just need to enter the stadium through the appropriate gate.

i daresay there's going to be a heap of seats free, they're not big on packing out the stadium there (especially not now as they're not on their winning streak)

weston
30-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeh. Though this weekends about being with my uncle as its a year today since mum passed. Gonna be hard not to go mental when heskey knocks in his third for the night.

Jeterpool
30-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeh. Though this weekends about being with my uncle as its a year today since mum passed. Gonna be hard not to go mental when heskey knocks in his third for the night.

Hope you have good weekend up there mate, and all the other guys going up there. Look forward to hearing you outsing the Den like we did in Melbourne last week.

tompy
30-11-2012, 04:44 PM
What time you guys usually meet up for drinks ... wanna get the whole away experience being first time :D

and will it be at the caxton?

Vandenberg13
30-11-2012, 05:28 PM

just thought id say sympathies about you're mother
hope its a good weekend for you champ :)

GazFish35
30-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Hope you have good weekend up there mate, and all the other guys going up there. Look forward to hearing you outsing the Den like we did in Melbourne last week.

That would have been easy. The den wouldn't have been in Melbourne.

WolfMan
30-11-2012, 07:22 PM
That would have been easy. The den wouldn't have been in Melbourne.

:gent:

weston
30-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks vandenberg13.

I was thinking the same thing about the den being in melbourne

Jeterpool
01-12-2012, 07:33 AM
My bad. I hope we out sing roar fans like we did the Melbourne fans down there last. Could hear us loud and clear

weston
01-12-2012, 01:03 PM
I may go to the away bay. As my uncle said I may enjoy the game more. Will wait and see. I want to be with my uncle but I don't want to sit with the den and not cheer the boys on.

weston
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm in the away bay tonight guys. Can't wait.

lquiquer
23-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Sales on with Virgin for the away game in Adelaide 15 march....Sydney - Adelaide: $200 return....just got 2 tickets

lquiquer
23-12-2012, 02:22 PM
even cheaper on Jetstar if u willing to fly early on friday am: $158 return

Shayne
24-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Melbourne Heart Away Game, 1st Jan.

Wheres the pre game drinks going to be held and are we just in the normal away active support area?

Works paying for flights and accommodation for the week, so I figured I'd fly down early and attend :)

WolfMan
27-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Well, caught the cricket straight after checking in to the digs. Quality day.

What's the score then? Do you lads wanna meet up someplace tonight or leave it for pre-drinks tomorrow?

Sidenote: Where are the pre-drinks tomorrow? LOL

pv4
28-12-2012, 07:42 AM
if you eat at pepperoni's pizza place you'll more than likely run into half of newcastle there.

spewing i didn't get down there for this weekend.

anyone going to the march game?

au revoir
28-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Where are the pre-drinks tomorrow?

Swan hotel, corner of church and swan, richmond.

WolfMan
28-12-2012, 10:21 AM
^^

Cheers pal, Probably be there around 4:30 or so

BodyNovo
28-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Correct

Saving the pizza run for tonight

Hamma is running a muck on melbourne

Superdylan
28-12-2012, 03:21 PM
spewing i didn't get down there for this weekend.

anyone going to the march game?

Very high chance & yeah missing my first melbourne away after being at the last 4.

the_butcher
28-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Away bay sold out

BodyNovo
29-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Kittens

pv4
29-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Kittens

finally someone listens to my advice

MFKS
01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
A FAST ferry that could revolutionise travel between Newcastle and Sydney is due to begin operating in May.

Australian Hovercraft Services managing director Ian Brookfield will travel to Singapore in the next few weeks to purchase a $4.5million 333-seat dual-deck ferry to put on the Newcastle-to-Sydney run.

A weekly return ticket is expected to cost about $360, while a single return ticket will cost about $90.

The ferry will depart Queens Wharf, Newcastle at 6am and arrive at Circular Quay about 8.15am.

It will then proceed to Wollongong before heading back to Sydney on the return trip.

‘‘Subject to sea trials, we are trying to organise two return trips to Sydney a day,’’ Mr Brookfield said.

The ambitious venture has emerged despite numerous studies over the past 20 years that have cast doubt on the commercial viability of such a service.

But Mr Brookfield, who is also launching a Gladstone-to-Bundaberg tourist ferry service within the next month, said he was satisfied that the Newcastle-to-Sydney route was viable.

‘‘These types of services take many months and sometimes years to get up and running, however, after all the hurdles that get thrown in the way, this service is now very close to becoming a reality,’’ he said.

‘‘People have been complaining for long enough about the need for better transport between Newcastle and Sydney. Here’s an opportunity to support it.’’

Mr Brookfield said the company would shortly apply to the state government to operate the service from Queens Wharf and Circular Quay.

Newcastle MP Tim Owen said the government was keen to discuss Mr Brookfield’s plans with him.

‘‘We are certainly interested in talking to anyone who wants to operate an extra transport service between Newcastle and Sydney,’’ Mr Owen said.

Newcastle lord mayor Jeff McCloy said the service would fill a gap left by the sea plane and Aeropelican services.
See your ad here

‘‘It’s great to see someone with initiative. I think it’s a fantastic idea, I wish him every success and I’ll be first on board,’’ he said.

‘‘Driving back and forth [to Sydney], when you are on the phone

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1272116/poll-newcastle-to-sydney-in-two-hours/?cs=303

MAy be a kick arse way to go watch us play Smurfs at SFS in future years

furns
01-02-2013, 10:17 AM
at $90 you are having a laugh mate.

MFKS
01-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Wasn't worried about being a tight arse and doing it on the cheap. Would be a novel way to get to the game. Sure beat the hell out of sitting on CITY Rails green seated monsters for the best part of 3 hours

goaliepersempre
01-02-2013, 10:30 AM
I will definately use it :)

militiamon
01-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Paddle steamer > ferry

au revoir
02-02-2013, 09:19 AM
gyro

boz-monaut
02-02-2013, 09:29 AM
it makes as much sense as everything else he says

q-money
02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
45 one way is reasonable, i'd do it

hauss
02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
45 one way is reasonable, i'd do it

It the Squadron hired it, surely the jets would let us advertise it on their website/twitter/facebook. Sid Foggs probably would say they plan to get their own ferry too.:gent:

Superdylan
18-02-2013, 02:35 PM
How many we got doing Adelaide away? I am flying Friday morning back Saturday night both outa Sydney.

lquiquer
18-02-2013, 02:50 PM
^ same

pv4
27-02-2013, 12:41 PM
anyone heading to melbz this weekend?

family tickets work out at $15.30 each for 4 people (inc bs service/delivery fee). i'm buying 2 tickets, anyone keen on jumping in for the other 2?

pistolpete
27-02-2013, 07:36 PM
anyone heading to melbz this weekend?

family tickets work out at $15.30 each for 4 people (inc bs service/delivery fee). i'm buying 2 tickets, anyone keen on jumping in for the other 2?

Bummer. Would have got on that but bought mine a couple if weeks ago

pv4
27-02-2013, 09:41 PM
see ya there mate! you & peppz?

pistolpete
27-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Me and chook heading down from Friday for the air show and coming back Monday

ToddG NBUnited
27-02-2013, 10:50 PM
i've got jetstar return already booked but am not going to be able to make it anymore. if anyone wants to pay the ~$40 each way to change the names plus a little extra i'm willing to get that sorted, only problem flying down saturday 1300 and coming back monday 1435.

pv4
28-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Me and chook heading down from Friday for the air show and coming back Monday

nice! we're heading to the air show also, but we're coming down sat morning. pretty sure the general admin tickets get you entry you choice of the fri, sat & sun so we'll decide sat or sun when we're down there.

pistolpete
28-02-2013, 08:24 AM
pretty sure the general admin tickets get you entry you choice of the fri, sat & sun so we'll decide sat or sun when we're down there.
Yeah the ticket says admit one session. We are doing Saturday. No plans Sunday at this stage

pv4
28-02-2013, 09:40 AM
yeah i was talking to a couple of people from melbourne & they reckon avalon is a bitch enough to get to as-is, and the whole v-train/shuttle bus thing would be the worst to try & get back for the game on sunday. so we'll probs go saturday aswell.

i think there's a bbq/food/wine festival on the st kilda foreshore on the weekend aswell - might head there sunday. you & chooky can double-date the mrs & i if you want haha!

q-money
28-02-2013, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y

if you don't hear this, it's not an airshow

Buddha
28-02-2013, 04:35 PM
come say hi to me at the air show! i'll be with the super hornet!

pistolpete
28-02-2013, 06:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y

if you don't hear this, it's not an airshow

Wouldn't have it any other way

Buddha
28-02-2013, 09:58 PM
they play pretty much the top gun soundtrack at every airshow

MFKS
12-03-2013, 08:59 PM
So who is off to Adelaide this weekend to see our ABORTION of a season resuscitated / killed off for good??

Will be hitting Crazy Horse to say hello to Eugene's mum Friday night after the game if anyone is interested

Superdylan
14-03-2013, 09:24 AM
I will be there, not sure where everyone is planning to drink before the game. Last couple times it has been at the pub the red army drink at, so I'm guessing the same place again.

lquiquer
14-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I will be there, not sure where everyone is planning to drink before the game. Last couple times it has been at the pub the red army drink at, so I'm guessing the same place again.

Name of the pub? please

Superdylan
14-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Name of the pub? please

Hope inn

timmy_v
14-03-2013, 12:22 PM
We arent welcome to drink there. A13 have told us not to.

Have to find another pub close by.

pv4
14-03-2013, 12:27 PM
We arent welcome to drink there. A13 have told us not to.

Have to find another pub close by.

they said no superdylans

we're allowed to have one

sh10
14-03-2013, 01:20 PM
they said no superdylans

we're allowed to have one

well played

MFKS
10-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Umm not that this thread is appropriate anymore and not wanting to start a new thread I thought I would post here.

Virgin have a sale on at the moment which finishes at midnight 11-6-13 ie midnight tomorrow.

Specials are for flights next year (2014)

Of interest to Jets fans only a few offerings for Interstaate travel as we have a spate of home games and 3 NSW derbies in 2014

$55 each way NEWY to melburn for Heart game 17-1-14

$49 each way NEWY to Brisvegas for Roar game 16-2-14 (options to get to Brissy limited though- May need to hold off and book flight to brisvegas via jetstar or wait for other virgin options in the future)

$149 each way Sydney to Perth for Glory game 29-3-14.

Have already hit them up for Melburn Heart away

MFKS
27-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Jetstar sale on until Midnight July 1st Monday night

Flights $39 from Newy each way away at Roar 16-2-14
Flights $49 from Newy each way away at Victree 8-12-13

Flights $65 from Sydney each way away at Adelaide 9-11-13
Flights $129 from Sydney each way away at Glory 29-3-14