View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Round 6 - Other fixtures

furns
15-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Fri 15th Nov
Heart 0 - Sydney FC 2

Sat 16th Nov
Perth vs Adelaide k/off 530pm
Wanderers vs Victory k/off 745pm

Sundays fixture between Phoenix and Mariners is moved to December due to the WCQ's.

Was only listening to the friday game on ABC radio, but Heart sound like they are playing for the spoon.

sh10
15-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Only saw second half, during which both teams looked pretty rubbish

Tara :wub:

plague
15-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Gosh Sydney are garbage.
They have 3 wins, one of them against us.
We are worse.

But Tara though. Jeesh!!!!

terry
15-11-2013, 11:03 PM
shitnee blue aids can get f%$#@!

Grimario
16-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Honestly can't believe how awful Heart were last night.

Kalmar is slower than ADP, if that is possible, and has zero creativity.
Williams has zero technical ability.
:lulz: at the memory of Behich being touted as a future Socceroo regular

Dugandzic was about the only highlight for Heart... and Aloisi took him off instead of Williams. NFI what that was about.

Abbas looked great as a left fullback again. Don't expect Warren to come back into the side anytime soon.

Jetmaster
16-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Heart will sack Aloisi and then flog us next week - such is life.

parksey
16-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah, we're nailed on to be their first win.

The Dunster
16-11-2013, 12:21 PM
The Heart copped a bad offside call early which had their striker one on one with the keeper. Then a few mins later they beat the offside trap and get one on one again with the keeper only to have a powerful shot deflected away by the SFC keeper.

From then on it appeared that the Heart players started thinking here we go again and they simply stopped competing. Sydney took advantage of the extra space and the Heart paid the price.

The Heart were a little better in the 2nd half but never really looked like taking command of the game.

Sydney played ok at times but in many respects the Heart made them look good. The Heart managed to get away with a handball in the box so it could easily have been 3-0 to Sydney.

Overall, this was possibly the Hearts worst performance of the season and for a change the result matched the performance. Things should improve when Kewell, Kisnorbo, and Engelaar become available but I I wonder if it might be all too late by then for Aloisi to save his job ?

Grimario
16-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Engelaar is out till Jan/Feb and who knows with Kewell. Could be a former Leeds special, 4-6 week type deal.

MFKS
16-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Honestly can't believe how awful Heart were last night.

Kalmar is slower than ADP, if that is possible, and has zero creativity.
Williams has zero technical ability.
:lulz: at the memory of Behich being touted as a future Socceroo regular

Dugandzic was about the only highlight for Heart... and Aloisi took him off instead of Williams. NFI what that was about.

Abbas looked great as a left fullback again. Don't expect Warren to come back into the side anytime soon.

Just mark all those blokes who you just hammered to have blinders next week V Newy.
Kalmer to get a couple of assists due to his creativity. David Williams to score a technically marvelous goal

Behich to earn rave reviews and start some type of Behich >> Brazil campaign

:angry:

leftrightout
16-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Just mark all those blokes who you just hammered to have blinders next week V Newy.
Kalmer to get a couple of assists due to his creativity. David Williams to score a technically marvelous goal

Behich to earn rave reviews and start some type of Behich >> Brazil campaign

:angry:

Haha that is quite likely!

furns
16-11-2013, 08:26 PM
all going off in parra apparently

wsw casuals tried to attack the away support at their pregame pub
flares on the march to the stadium
wsw tifo had cardboard cutouts of the victory fans with their heads ripped off

militiamon
16-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Labi :wub:

GVE smh

MFKS
16-11-2013, 10:10 PM
WSW shit me to tears watching.

Park 10 blokes behind the ball at home and play on the counter. Jag results left right and centre and if it wasn't for Victrees shit finishing in the first half and I am looking at you Archie they could easily have been down 3-4 at HT

Am looking forward to the day they are struggling a hell of a lot. They will have no Plan B when Plan A don't work as Plan A is their Plan B Plan C Plan Z etc

Superdylan
16-11-2013, 10:51 PM

Yeah seen that tifo thing about horda which was strange? I thought they got their banner for a sec?

Quality game regardless, deserved to be more then 15,800 there. I just don't understand how they aren't getting 19,000+ if games are meant to be sellouts?

plague
16-11-2013, 10:52 PM

Park 10 blokes behind the ball at home and play on the counter. Jag results left right and centre and if it wasn't for Victrees shit finishing in the first half and I am looking at you Archie they could easily have been down 3-4 at HT

Am looking forward to the day they are struggling a hell of a lot. They will have no Plan B when Plan A don't work as Plan A is their Plan B Plan C Plan Z etc

Yeah.
Ante needs more touches.
WSW should be more like the Jets.
Yer off ya ****ing rocker again Member.

BTW missed the banter, hope alls well mate.

militiamon
16-11-2013, 11:23 PM

Yeah.
Ante needs more touches.
WSW should be more like the Jets.
Yer off ya ****ing rocker again Member.

BTW missed the banter, hope alls well mate.

I think I missed this the most <3

sh10
17-11-2013, 01:19 AM

effnicks ruining the wogball again

joel31
17-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah seen that tifo thing about horda which was strange? I thought they got their banner for a sec?

Quality game regardless, deserved to be more then 15,800 there. I just don't understand how they aren't getting 19,000+ if games are meant to be sellouts?
I reckon its 3,000 or so members that don't turn up because before this game they had 2 "sell-outs"

GazFish35
17-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm a member. Haven't been yet.

Doing my bit to ensure its never 100% full.

GazFish35
17-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Oh, an I can confirm our membership card is thicker than the WSW one.

Jeterpool
17-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Oh, an I can confirm our membership card is thicker than the WSW one.

:rof:

The Dunster
17-11-2013, 12:22 PM

I'm not a fan either. We saw the lack of a plan B in the GF when they were without Hersi. They remind me a lot of the Gypos under Lawrie McKinna.

sh10
17-11-2013, 01:34 PM
That was a bit of cluster**** yesterday, scheduling in Perth v Adelaide for a 2:30pm in Perth. It was mother ****ing son of a bitch hot here yesterday - consistently 37 throughout the game. What the **** are the FFA thinking? Perth should basically never have daytime home games - earliest kick off should be about 5pm local time.

MFKS
17-11-2013, 02:12 PM
That was a bit of cluster**** yesterday, scheduling in Perth v Adelaide for a 2:30pm in Perth. It was mother ****ing son of a bitch hot here yesterday - consistently 37 throughout the game. What the **** are the FFA thinking? Perth should basically never have daytime home games - earliest kick off should be about 5pm local time.

You bring up a good point.

Back in the days of the NSL they made sure games kicked off at an hour that was suitable for the weather and not for TV.( Mind you they didn't have much TV coverage thankyou Channel 7)

I find it ridiculous that we have any games kick off prior to 6pm local time period. Lets face it forget the cluster**** the weather is today but generally speaking Summer time it is always still unpleasant outside at 5pm anytime the temp reached 30 degrees during the day.

Friday night game should kick off at 8pm AEDST not 7:30pm

Saturday games should kick off at 6pm AEDST and 8pm AEDST not 5:00 pm/5:30

and the Sunday games should not be kicking off until 6pm AEDST at the earliest

Grimario
17-11-2013, 02:23 PM

The FFA weren't thinking "let's schedule a Perth match in Perth for the 2:30pm kickoff". What they were thinking was "let's schedule a game in Adelaide for the 5pm slot" but didn't think "Oh, Perth are going to fxxk up their renovations which means they will have to swap their R1 match, fxxking themselves up and forcing them to play in the middle of the day".

Perth fxxked up here as well.

sh10
17-11-2013, 02:32 PM
^ Did not realise it was an amended fixture

militiamon
17-11-2013, 02:37 PM
I still think it was pretty stupid to schedule the switched fixture at that time. It was hardly the club's fault that the stadium wasn't right to use in the first instance, so I don't see why they should have been punished.

Like I read somewhere else, a 6.45 or 7 pm kick-off would have been fine for both the locals and television audience.

Grimario
17-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I still think it was pretty stupid to schedule the switched fixture at that time. It was hardly the club's fault that the stadium wasn't right to use in the first instance, so I don't see why they should have been punished.

Like I read somewhere else, a 6.45 or 7 pm kick-off would have been fine for both the locals and television audience.

How often do Perth have actual night time games? I honestly can't remember one at all... and 7pm kick off might mean no clashing for TV but they aren't exactly keen on showing HAL at a later hour, are they? That's 10pm AEDT... midnight finish. That eats into their EPL coverage on a normal weekend.

MFKS
17-11-2013, 08:56 PM
How often do Perth have actual night time games? I honestly can't remember one at all... and 7pm kick off might mean no clashing for TV but they aren't exactly keen on showing HAL at a later hour, are they? That's 10pm AEDT... midnight finish. That eats into their EPL coverage on a normal weekend.

They are always 10pm aedt kick offs when the Jets are playing in Perth.

Just so we Novacastrians have to sit up to midnight to watch us get arse raped there again

Jetmaster
17-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Remember a late kickoff a few years back when Jade North scored in the last minutes to win a game there.

sammydog
17-11-2013, 10:14 PM
was that the game we scored two in stoppage time?

evolution
17-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Remember a late kickoff a few years back when Jade North scored in the last minutes to win a game there.

Round 2 - 2008/09 (aka the year we won the spoon). Deep into injury time. Long ball over the top, Jade North inexplicably up front got onto it and poked it home. Woke the neighbours that night!

evolution
17-11-2013, 10:23 PM
was that the game we scored two in stoppage time?

Nope, that was Round 20 - 2006/07 (I had to look that one up!). Bobby Despotovski's last game ruined by Griffo :lulzturtle:

sammydog
17-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Nope, that was Round 20 - 2006/07 (I had to look that one up!). Bobby Despotovski's last game ruined by Griffo :lulzturtle:

I remember listening to that one on the radio as we drove home from somewhere late at night. Almost ran off the road.

GazFish35
17-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Was that the game eags broke his knee but turned out better than before?

Jetmaster
18-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Any excuse to post it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn4gYp91ZK0

:wub:

Thomas477
18-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Griff and Milton :wub:

belchardo
19-12-2013, 08:20 AM
scum playing the nix tonight at north sydney oval.

Jeterpool
19-12-2013, 08:52 AM
2-0 Gypos

zorse
19-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Hernandez gone back to NZ, apparently has the shits with the club since they supposedly promised to fly his family over to NZ before Xmas but haven't - poor form from the club if true. Or maybe it's cause there's no KFC in North Sydney.
Big loss for Phoenix, scum will probably win.
Going to the game with some Nix supporters from work and a few others, hopefully get some anti central coast chants going (depends on the crowd)

leftrightout
19-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Brockie is due, especially after that miss the other day... it wouldnt surprise me if the nick this one.
If not this one, i think they will get up over sydney on the weekend.
They have been playing decent just need to finish their chances

belchardo
19-12-2013, 09:06 PM
This can't be a mariners home game...there's a crowd!

Wait...just saw the sauce bottles.

Beeen
19-12-2013, 09:18 PM
you gotta be frigin kidding. Wellington should be at least 3-1 up

Brockie missed an absolute sitter.

seldom
19-12-2013, 10:08 PM
didnt think it was possible but Simon is even worse since returning

leftrightout
20-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Brockie is due, especially after that miss the other day...

I can pick it... hahaha was it worse than the miss the other day but?

Jeterpool
20-12-2013, 07:41 AM
THat wa sa horrible game. Phoenix have no midfield. Hicks was trying to run past everyone himself

belchardo
20-12-2013, 08:06 AM
wellington were terrible. absolutely terrible.

didn't see the miss last week, but i don't think brockies miss could have been worse than the one last night.

Premy
20-12-2013, 08:18 AM
This can't be a mariners home game...there's a crowd!

Wait...just saw the sauce bottles.

You've been hanging out with Bon haven't you, you must be high only 6755 in attendance

belchardo
20-12-2013, 08:29 AM
just goes to show that playing in a small stadium can look much better with a small crowd.

Premy
20-12-2013, 08:52 AM
I do agree smaller venues is what the A-League need but North Sydney "OVAL" is not a Football Venue.

Premy
20-12-2013, 09:29 AM
FYI North Sydney oval has a 20k capacity

leftrightout
20-12-2013, 10:59 AM
FYI North Sydney oval has a 20k capacity

Reduced due to the gypo giant sauce bottles needing their space!
But it did look bigger than 7000 on tv.

On last night, flores reminded me of bridges.... slow, passes missed the target constantly and always trying to flick the ball to people and failing pretty much everytime.
If you skulled your drink everytime he gave the ball away you would still be drunk now!
He is also incredibly lazy when they lose the ball!