PDA

View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Rd7 - Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Heart - 24/11/13 kickoff 5:00pm AEDST

Jeterpool
21-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Thread for the match.

Jeterpool
21-11-2013, 08:05 AM
Round 7 Preview – Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Heart

Overall – 9 games between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 4, Heart Wins – 3, Draws – 2

At Newcastle – 5 games in Newcastle
Jets Wins – 3, Heart Wins – 1, Draws – 1

Leading Scorers in fixture – R Griffiths (Jets) with 5 goals, Dugandzic (Heart) – 3 goals.

Average Home crowd – 9266

Key facts:

The Jets have won their last 3 games against the Heart at home.
The Jets have scored in their last 4 games against the Heart.
All games involving these teams have had a minimum total of two goals scored for the match.
Ryan Shepheard has officiated the most games between these two teams. The Jets have never lost when he has refereed (2 wins, 1 draw).
The Jets also played Melbourne Heart on November 24 last year. The result was a 3-3 draw with goals from Goodwin, Zadkovic and Ryan Griffiths for the Jets and Tadic and two from Garcia.

belchardo
21-11-2013, 08:16 AM
should roll them easily, so we'll loose.

BodyNovo
21-11-2013, 08:53 AM
true jerk style we will probably screw this up.

Bon
21-11-2013, 09:00 AM
This game makes me nervous.
Being a miserablist, I usually go in to a Jets game with the lowest of hopes (It has been my attempted logic this season, you can't be disappointed if you don't have positive expectations, yeah?)
All the stats that Jeterpool has delivered, point in our direction. We are playing at home. We are above them on the table and seemingly have some momentum. We are favourites to win.
There is no possible way we can carry on and actually win 3 in a row, surely?

pv4
21-11-2013, 09:13 AM
The Jets have scored in their last 4 games against the Heart.

Is this true? Didn't they beat us 3-0 in Melbourne last season?

BodyNovo
21-11-2013, 09:15 AM
nope that was the season before

last 4 results on memory

win 3-0 at home
draw 3-3 away
lose 2-1 away
win 2-0 home

Jeterpool
21-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Is this true? Didn't they beat us 3-0 in Melbourne last season?

Last season results were:

3-3, 1-2 and 2-0

Game you're thinking of was season 7 round 6

plague
21-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Our impeccable home record against shit teams should see us serve up the usual drivel.
Gonna be a shame to miss it.

Jeterpool
21-11-2013, 09:17 AM

last 4 results on memory

win 3-0 at home
draw 3-3 away
lose 2-1 away
win 2-0 home

Excellent memory!!

pv4
21-11-2013, 09:19 AM

last 4 results on memory

win 3-0 at home
draw 3-3 away
lose 2-1 away
win 2-0 home
Excellent memory!!

Cheers for the clarification! The last two seasons under GVE have been a total shit-blur for me, and they genuinely feel like the exact same, dreadful season.

Rocknerd
21-11-2013, 09:21 AM
should roll them easily, so we'll loose.

true jerk style we will probably screw this up.

This game makes me nervous.
Being a miserablist, I usually go in to a Jets game with the lowest of hopes (It has been my attempted logic this season, you can't be disappointed if you don't have positive expectations, yeah?)
All the stats that Jeterpool has delivered, point in our direction. We are playing at home. We are above them on the table and seemingly have some momentum. We are favourites to win.
There is no possible way we can carry on and actually win 3 in a row, surely?

All of this!!!!! better to be a optimistic pessimist than to actually have hope!

leftrightout
21-11-2013, 09:33 AM
3-3 away last year... weren't we losing 2-0 after about 5 minutes?

Grimario
21-11-2013, 09:38 AM

:sup:

Jeterpool
21-11-2013, 09:49 AM
3-3 away last year... weren't we losing 2-0 after about 5 minutes?

I think so

Superdylan
21-11-2013, 11:42 AM
I'd like to think we can beat the heart on current form.

Jets 3
Heart 1
Crowd 13,909

joel31
21-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Jets 2 Heart 1. Heart will dominate but will waste chances. Taggart and Heskey will get on the scoresheet

Grimario
21-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Tipping record win. 7-1

Mate Dugandzic getting five of them. Penalties the other two.

Zadz to score our lone goal.

MFKS
21-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Tipping record win. 7-1

Mate Dugandzic getting five of them. Penalties the other two.

Zadz to score our lone goal.

Can see Heart definitely winning after you crucified them in the other thread.

David Williams and Nick Kalmer to have blinders.

russjaybee
21-11-2013, 12:58 PM
We're probably favourites so we'll Loose.

Jetmaster
21-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I remember Perth coming here in a similar situation after being last and sacking their coach and tearing us a new one.

Grimario
21-11-2013, 01:11 PM
And a few seasons back, GCU dead last, confirmed spoon, nothing to play for... smh

Ljubo is tearing it up on FB.

Ljubo Milicevic Reegz should be starting you dimwits!!!! You need someone with passion for the club not passion for the paycheck!!!
8 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1

Ljubo Milicevic How about Kanta as well?!
7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Ljubo Milicevic Can't believe they uses to start when I was there and we played finals football?! Go figure!
7 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Ljubo Milicevic Newy!!!! Yeeewwww!!!!
6 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Blackmac79
21-11-2013, 01:53 PM
link or didn't happen.

Grimario
21-11-2013, 01:58 PM
link or didn't happen.

https://www.facebook.com/newcastlejetsfc/posts/769677933046078

lquiquer
22-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Harry Kewell out of Melbourne Heart side for the weekend, @davutovic reports. Story online shortly. #foxfootball

boz-monaut
22-11-2013, 12:06 PM
in other news, no one on earth is surprised by the previous news

MFKS
22-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Harry Kewell out of Melbourne Heart side for the weekend, @davutovic reports. Story online shortly. #foxfootball:deadhorse:

Can't believe that journo is offering that up as News

hawk
22-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I remember Perth coming here in a similar situation after being last and sacking their coach and tearing us a new one.

yep. losing to last is no stranger here

joel31
22-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Chapman is definitely out, Regan and Pepper likely to start in defence

hawk
22-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Chapman is definitely out, Regan and Pepper likely to start in defence

good

la bazzle
22-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Imagine if Jonny Griff was signed and partnered Regz, no-nonsense-local-lad-heaven

belchardo
24-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Woo! Football day!

Hope the weather is better than last week.

furns
24-11-2013, 12:05 PM
looks good in Sydney - how is it Newy-side?

Superdylan
24-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Clouds have cleared, blue skies here in Newcastle and around 24-25 degrees. Should mean a decent crowd today.

Thomas477
24-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Clouds have cleared, blue skies here in Newcastle and around 24-25 degrees. Should mean a decent crowd today.

Yeah, but our MotM from last week probably won't be playing then.

RIP puddle.

belchardo
24-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but our MotM from last week probably won't be playing then.

RIP puddle.

He left so fast it was like he evaporated.

Jetmaster
24-11-2013, 02:30 PM
He left so fast it was like he evaporated.

Went to a Chinese club for a minimal fee apparently.

lquiquer
24-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Went to a Chinese club for a minimal fee apparently.

But in Chinese second division and that set him up for life now

joel31
24-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I love adam taggart

weston
24-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Taggart <3

belchardo
24-11-2013, 06:01 PM
God he's in a good patch of form.

Birra has freaked me out a few times with his adventures outside the box.

Zad back to his row z best with that shot, and are we in a contest to get the most yellows in a half.

We are not playing very well.

joel31
24-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Agreed we haven't been great but Taggart scored a good goal

belchardo
24-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Agreed we haven't been great but Taggart scored a good goal
That would be two great goals.

weston
24-11-2013, 06:17 PM
TAGGART!!! Brilliant!!!

weston
24-11-2013, 06:25 PM
he's just taking the piss now i think

pistolpete
24-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Always had potential but needed confidence. Are you griffo in disguise?!

weston
24-11-2013, 06:32 PM
I really don't know how that was a foul, let alone a yellow card by mitchell

joel31
24-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Taggart for Johnny Warren Medal

belchardo
24-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Everybody toss in a fiver to make sure taggs stays next year. Do we use our aussie marquee spot??????

joel31
24-11-2013, 06:51 PM
If we don't offer him a contract this week, he'll be allowed to be offered pre-contract to other clubs on a free

weston
24-11-2013, 07:03 PM
If we don't offer him a contract this week, he'll be allowed to be offered pre-contract to other clubs on a free

Give him what he wants and more... we can not risk losing him to another a-league club or overseas without a fee.

MFKS
24-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Lets not get carried away.

Heart were and are shit.

Taggz aside we weren't that ****ing great

Taggz:pissup:

Mitchell is a dead set hack though. The only bloke happy about his inclusion was Birraz as his amount of touches increased as did the number of needless back passes. the rest of the time he was bordering on liabilty.

Burns feel sorry for the bloke. Can't get anything right at present.

Don't know whats up with Goodwin but GVE was all over him encouraging him and trying to pick him up something shocking as he came on and even after FT GVE was basically giving him a cuddle

That referee though was totally ****ing inept / bordering on cheating ****.:angry::redcard:

How we get 5 bookings most of them for ****ing Heart dives was a disgrace.

How that Heart bloke got away with the blatant shirt pull in front of the Jets bench without a card was a ****ing joke. The bloke wasn't even ADP FFS:angry:

AAron Ramsay was still carrying on like a dick even after FT and him and Scotty Neville had to be separated. ****ing Tosser

seldom
24-11-2013, 09:09 PM
2 CBs were thrown into the fire with basically no game time under their belt...and got the job done...what do you want mate?

hawk
24-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Reegz commanding the back

MFKS
24-11-2013, 09:30 PM
2 CBs were thrown into the fire with basically no game time under their belt...and got the job done...what do you want mate?

1 Centre back done a stellar job.

The other re enforced the fact he shouldn't be at the club

PS i forgot about his goal :banghead:

Thomas477
24-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Regan looked positive when he had the ball. The only time Mitchell did was when he was pumping a long clearance. Never looked to pass it forward, only backwards or sideways.

Finally, GvE has realised the trick of Roarcelona in playing a 3-4-3 when in possession, which allows the wingbacks to push higher up, but not at the cost of our defensive strength if we lose the ball.

Jeterpool
24-11-2013, 09:34 PM
AAron Ramsay was still carrying on like a dick even after FT and him and Scotty Neville had to be separated. ****ing Tosser

There was a lot of words being said at the free kick in the corner prior to that challenge on Nev. if that wasn't a premeditated strike I don't know what is. The bloke is a grub

pv4
24-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Thought regan had heaps of shaky moments, particularly with the ball tbh.

Kanta is king. Kanta, brillante and taggz should be offered multi year deals

Jeterpool
24-11-2013, 09:36 PM
And yes I agree about the ref. he was terrible.

militiamon
24-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Reegz was superb. Against all the odds he managed to hold back the tide of nonsense coming from his CB partner for the majority of the game.

I hope he is offered a lifetime contract with the club and pv4 is there to watch him sign it.

pv4
24-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Reegz was superb. Against all the odds he managed to hold back the tide of nonsense coming from his CB partner for the majority of the game.

I hope he is offered a lifetime contract with the club and pv4 is there to watch him sign it.

I have no real issue with him, I just don't understand the love for him when watching his performances. Probably his first 4 passes of the game today went to the opposition or were way too heavy for our guys to comfortably control. Particularly the second half he was beaten in the air by the heart strikers a couple of times. There were times he looked really shaky and I thought mitchell was superb to cover for him and save face. Idk, I just don't see what others see in him apparently.

militiamon
24-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Also great to see Nev fired up, Nev 2.0 is a far superior product to the rubbish Nev we had last season.
Tagz also with the celebrations, du knows where it's at.

I have no real issue with him, I just don't understand the love for him when watching his performances. Probably his first 4 passes of the game today went to the opposition or were way too heavy for our guys to comfortably control. Particularly the second half he was beaten in the air by the heart strikers a couple of times. There were times he looked really shaky and I thought mitchell was superb to cover for him and save face. Idk, I just don't see what others see in him apparently.

- Newy
- Definition of a solid defender (much better defender than Chapman imo)
- Loves the club and city
- La Baz

joel31
24-11-2013, 09:45 PM
We're the only team to be unbeaten since round 1 (not including)

MFKS
24-11-2013, 09:46 PM

I have the same issue when people are fapping over Michael Bridges and how he is some type of necessity in the side despite the fact he hasn't been capable of cutting it in the HAL for years :rof:

seldom
24-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Not saying either CB was outstanding but they got the job done...It is difficult to be playing only youth or inter club games and then being thrust into 1sts...The stepup is immense

MFKS
24-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Not saying either CB was outstanding but they got the job done...It is difficult to be playing only youth or inter club games and then being thrust into 1sts...The stepup is immense

Their ****ing both seasoned professionals who train every ****ing day for the chance to play in the first team whenever that may come.

It ain't like they were called up out of the ID2's in their off season to plug a hole in a HAL roster.

seldom
24-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Their ****ing both seasoned professionals who train every ****ing day for the chance to play in the first team whenever that may come.

It ain't like they were called up out of the ID2's in their off season to plug a hole in a HAL roster.

As they did and I do believe we won 3-1 with these 2 hacks playing...Champ you have absolutely zero football knowledge from a player perspective

lquiquer
24-11-2013, 09:54 PM
My summary:
Birraz: as usual, Neville/kanta/zad/: all great , tag: exceptional , hoole/Brillante: not in a good day, burns: trying too hard, pepper/regan solid, Mitchell: still lack confidence and makes me nervous, Heskey: in cruising mode... Brown and grub: not enough time to be judged....

Buddha
24-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I would just like to point out that the first half of the season last year we won a handful of games then proceeded to lose just about every ****ing game in the new year

MFKS
24-11-2013, 10:03 PM
As they did and I do believe we won 3-1 with these 2 hacks playing...Champ you have absolutely zero football knowledge from a player perspective

We beat a team coming stone motherless last who couldn't score in brothel with a fistful of fifties until we manged to help them out.

Nothing to really ****ing brag about considering we were red hot faves and probably only got over the line by the extent we did by the individual heroics of Taggz.

Keep talking me down :sup: yet your the dill that just said the step up from being a fulltime professional training everyday to playing a game is immense

Also I at no stage referred to Taylor Reagan as a hack

seldom
24-11-2013, 10:04 PM
I would just like to point out that the first half of the season last year we won a handful of games then proceeded to lose just about every ****ing game in the new year

Just when I was feeling good about everything.....fuuuuuvck

seldom
24-11-2013, 10:09 PM
We beat a team coming stone motherless last who couldn't score in brothel with a fistful of fifties until we manged to help them out.

Nothing to really ****ing brag about considering we were red hot faves and probably only got over the line by the extent we did by the individual heroics of Taggz.

Keep talking me down :sup: yet your the dill that just said the step up from being a fulltime professional training everyday to playing a game is immense

Also I at no stage referred to Taylor Reagan as a hack

Haven't read a post of yours for 6 months so yeah I probably am a dill for doing so and to responding to dribble

pv4
24-11-2013, 10:17 PM
(much better defender than Chapman imo)

Care to elaborate?

seldom
24-11-2013, 10:24 PM
did huge aliens only get 1 week ?

la bazzle
25-11-2013, 02:27 AM

Most sensible post thus far. Bloke was superb and the lack of nonsense immense. Despite having a useless partner regz showed what a local lad he is. Great engines too.

If you don't like regz or doubt him in anyway spare the nonsense go buy a gypo shirt, get it signed by Kwasnik, have kasey "no heavies" queerman use it as a dream catcher and eat a dick

la bazzle
25-11-2013, 02:48 AM

I don't know how accurate the 442 stat zone thingy is but according to that regz took 50something minutes to make 4 incomplete passes and he won 5/6 aerial duals and 4/4 tackles. Again I don't know how accurate this is but it's correct cause regz is a ****ing legend, local lad, can build a damn good brick wall and he ****ing hates nonsense

la bazzle
25-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Also regz got involved immediately when there was some push and shove. **** I love regz

joel31
25-11-2013, 04:25 AM
Also regz got involved immediately when there was some push and shove. **** I love regz
Jaliens does the same thing

joel31
25-11-2013, 04:26 AM
did huge aliens only get 1 week ?
Yes

pv4
25-11-2013, 07:24 AM
If you don't like regz or doubt him in anyway spare the nonsense go buy a gypo shirt, get it signed by Kwasnik, have kasey "no heavies" queerman use it as a dream catcher and eat a dick

This hit so deep

leftrightout
25-11-2013, 07:44 AM
probably only got over the line by the extent we did by the individual heroics of Taggz.

Isn't it the case with pretty much every game? When you win someone has to be a hero / do something better / stand out more than everyone else?

Im sitting on the fence in the argument though. i think chapman and jaliens are our strongest pairing. But credit where its due, regan played well and deserves some congratulations.
He is certainly a reliable reserve cb!

Mitchell did enough to get the job done, but shit he looks shakey all the time... i could do without him!

MFKS
25-11-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't think we were that good yesterday. The first half was pretty poor until Taggz goal. Even in the second half I feel the flood gates in the Heart penalty box should have been opened and we should have found 5-6 goals. I think if you take Taggart's performance out of the equation and we would be lucky to have won. Now as much as we want him to play like that he ain't gonna do that every week or most likely again this season

For a side with Top 4 aspirations as GVE/Middleby put it we should have been a lot better yesterday than we were.

Next few weeks will give us a better idea how we are going with Smurfs on a roll Tards Away and WSW at home. Play like we did yesterday and we will be on a 3 game losing streak by Xmas and the knives will be out for the squad/coach again

joel31
25-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Isn't it the case with pretty much every game? When you win someone has to be a hero / do something better / stand out more than everyone else?

I'd say that the Adelaide game was a team performance

pv4
25-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Another game won without Bridges & Virgili

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 08:04 AM
difference between this year & last year is that we would have lost that game yesterday.

we weren't crash hot, but we did what was required.

would put kanta just in behind taggz for best on field yesterday. He is starting to get in a groove again and its exciting for him.

was bit concerned when gary said last night that he sees taggz going back out into a wide role with heskey up front, would much prefer for them to both play off each other.

joel31
25-11-2013, 08:06 AM
We should play Heskey instead of Burns out wide with Taggart still in the middle

pv4
25-11-2013, 08:11 AM
would put kanta just in behind taggz for best on field yesterday. He is starting to get in a groove again and its exciting for him.

100% agreed. Kanta is god right now

joel31
25-11-2013, 08:16 AM
And Kanta is off contract at the end of the season as well :(

Jeterpool
25-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Geez, the way some people are describing our team (particularly our defenders) you'd think we lost yesterday!

We're currently third, we are undefeated in the last 6 and bloke a just scored a hatrick for our team!

Let's just enjoy the win for 24 hours at least before tearing them down! FFS

GazFish35
25-11-2013, 08:18 AM
We should play Heskey instead of Burns out wide with Taggart still in the middle

do explain this more. please I'm fascinated.

leftrightout
25-11-2013, 08:21 AM
I don't think we were that good yesterday. The first half was pretty poor until Taggz goal. Even in the second half I feel the flood gates in the Heart penalty box should have been opened and we should have found 5-6 goals. I think if you take Taggart's performance out of the equation and we would be lucky to have won. Now as much as we want him to play like that he ain't gonna do that every week or most likely again this season

For a side with Top 4 aspirations as GVE/Middleby put it we should have been a lot better yesterday than we were.

Next few weeks will give us a better idea how we are going with Smurfs on a roll Tards Away and WSW at home. Play like we did yesterday and we will be on a 3 game losing streak by Xmas and the knives will be out for the squad/coach again

I completely agree about the first half... it was really quite boring until a really good strike got us ahead.
Yeah these games will test us out. I think if we can manage 6 points from the next 3 we are genuine final contenders... 4 points would still leave people unsure about how the season will pan out.
And yeah 3 loses and everyone will be back out for GVE's head!

leftrightout
25-11-2013, 08:23 AM

Hahaha add me to that list!
The big man tearing it up down the wing would be fun to watch though!

25-11-2013, 08:42 AM
I thought yesterday the game was played in three parts. Started off looking rudderless then we got in the groove and to finish we scrapped successfuly but ugly.

hawk
25-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Hesk has hang time for winning long ball. Must stay front middle. We also need other goal scorers. If taggz is out....

hawk
25-11-2013, 08:47 AM
I thought yesterday the game was played in three parts. Started off looking rudderless then we got in the groove and to finish we scrapped successfuly but ugly.

We started off with gve's game plan, pass it round the back 4 and then have no idea. The boys then abandoned that and moved onto playing football.

MFKS
25-11-2013, 09:11 AM

Would like to see Heskey in the 10 role with Taggz just beyond him. Feel Heskey would be great setting up more play whilst facing goal and not with his back to it all the time. Add in the fact he can arrive later in the box without being picked up and also add the fact he would be a lot harder to actually mark I am convinced this should be employed

Add me to the list I would also love to know why someone would put Heskey out wide

joel31
25-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Taggart in middle = goals
heskey isn't too slow for A-League level and could play a simillar role on wing

joel31
25-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Would like to see Heskey in the 10 role with Taggz just beyond him. Feel Heskey would be great setting up more play whilst facing goal and not with his back to it all the time. Add in the fact he can arrive later in the box without being picked up and also add the fact he would be a lot harder to actually mark I am convinced this should be employed

Add me to the list I would also love to know why someone would put Heskey out wide
Problem is in our new 4-1-4-1 we don't play with a 10 any time

Grimario
25-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Taggart in middle = goals
heskey isn't too slow for A-League level and could play a simillar role on wing

Someone has been playing FM and been using the new Wide Target Man player role.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Thought zad worked hard but had poor ball retention. Was promising to see Brilliante be positive, receiving the ball and turning to attack in a nice move, unfortunately on multiple occasions this was followed by a stray pass.

Also think that if we start looking for Taggart earlier in transition he will get a heap of chances. Many times we broke and he made a great angled run in behind but the ball didn't come.

Birraz is the man, just feel so much more confident with him in goals compared to BK, sorry mate.

I like Regan, I think he was focused and looks like a smart player. He looks like he cares, was busy pointing instructions to players in transition etc. Would like to see him and Aliens paired at the back.

I think it's important to stay grounded re the overall result, Heart have been and were woeful. If we didn't win that game we would be in huge trouble because they were terrible.

I was expecting to see a bigger crowd figure, looked like > 13k.

joel31
25-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Someone has been playing FM and been using the new Wide Target Man player role.
Haha

hawk
25-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I was expecting to see a bigger crowd figure, looked like > 13k.

imo a hot sunday arv is a sh1t time for football.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Probably right, I actually enjoyed it. Sun wasn't TOO bad (would have been shithouse for the players) but it was a lovely break from all the rain we've been having, then once we got some shade it was beautiful football weather. I love rounding off the weekend with a usually frustrating game of football.

The Dunster
25-11-2013, 10:26 AM
It's starting to look a lot like season two. Only this time we haven't gone the first seven games without a win.
It might all turn to shit again but for the moment we should all be enjoying being in the winners circle for a change because it sure beats the four or five years of shit we as fans have had to endure.

GazFish35
25-11-2013, 10:35 AM
too slow for a-legue, so play him on the wing.
now ive heard it all.

he's tall, good in the air, knows his way around the box, maybe we should play him goals.

no, no, youre right, what we need more than anyting is slow wingers.

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 10:45 AM
simple as this really, in our competition games should not start till 6pm at the earliest. Once the sun went down far enough in the second half, it was awesome weather for football.

joel31
25-11-2013, 10:50 AM
too slow for a-legue, so play him on the wing.
now ive heard it all.

he's tall, good in the air, knows his way around the box, maybe we should play him goals.

no, no, youre right, what we need more than anyting is slow wingers.
I said he's not too slow for the A-League and besides, since Taggart's on form and doing great in the middle, Heskey needs to play somewhere else or stay on the bench to accomadate

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Front 3 surely has to be

Tagz - Heskdaddy - BurnsUnit

If the players are on form (Burns) then that is a very very decent front 3 imo.
Heskey should be receiving the ball with the other two playing off him.

Very good to see us scoring some goals without Heskey on the pitch though, as that has been an issue.

joel31
25-11-2013, 10:52 AM
As long as Taggart still gets the ball around the box and has the freedom to cut in and shoot still thats fine

Schultz
25-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Front 3 surely has to be

Tagz - Heskdaddy - BurnsUnit

If the players are on form (Burns) then that is a very very decent front 3 imo.
Heskey should be receiving the ball with the other two playing off him.

Very good to see us scoring some goals without Heskey on the pitch though, as that has been an issue.

Swap Burns and Hooley I reckon.

Grimario
25-11-2013, 11:00 AM

As a counter point to this... the difference is this year, we are well deserving winners where last year we won a handful of games last season that we didn't "deserve" to win. As much as I love a scum robbing effort, RubeZ could have been straight red within a few minutes of kick off, they had a garbage offside call when Rose was running from inside their own half and the MV game was robbery as well. Take those two out of the mix and it was a very rubbish Sydney side and a WSW who still hadn't found their feet (not to mention a Covic horror show) as our wins.

Definitely prefer the wins this season.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 11:15 AM
As long as Taggart still gets the ball around the box and has the freedom to cut in and shoot still thats fine

Agreed, hence why Heskey plays more of a hold up / viduka role for the wide men to overlap. This is exactly what Heskey is perfect for (ask Owen etc).

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 11:20 AM
As a counter point to this... the difference is this year, we are well deserving winners where last year we won a handful of games last season that we didn't "deserve" to win. As much as I love a scum robbing effort, RubeZ could have been straight red within a few minutes of kick off, they had a garbage offside call when Rose was running from inside their own half and the MV game was robbery as well. Take those two out of the mix and it was a very rubbish Sydney side and a WSW who still hadn't found their feet (not to mention a Covic horror show) as our wins.

Definitely prefer the wins this season.

i'm pretty much with this.

and i relate this game to the phoenix game last year at home when we lost 3-0, when we got what we deserved for being complacent.

Hunter403
25-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Thought the performance, given the quality of MH was average. They area lost bunch with no real idea at the moment. No wonder Kewell is injured, but I digress. Mitchell is a disaster waiting to happen. Regan was solid but does have a tendency to rush in, Neville was strong and no nonsense, Pepper (and I'm no fan) did some good things. Kanta did well and is improving weekly, the Beard needs to improve his passing but I thought he did well, Zads not that effective but was busy, Hoole was solid and continues to improve, Burns: trying to hard? Can't shoot for shit at the moment. He's lucky Goodwin is down on confidence. Taggart: sign him NOW!! Subs: Heaskey: strong, dominant on the ball and his hang time is amazing. Goodwin looks like he is doing weights in an effort to bulk up and not get pushed off the ball. He did ok in the limited time he had. Brown : the less said the better on this bloke. Lost out there at the moment.

Heskey is no winger.
442 with Heskey and Taggart

Superdylan
25-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Taggart what a legend. He just looked so calm with the ball yesterday in the lead up to them goals. Finding it hard to believe where we are on the table at the moment. Maybe it's due to the fact that the central coast won the comp last season it's spurring us lads to actually play with more passion in the jersey?

Let's see if we can make it 4 on the trot next Saturday night :)

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Thanks for reminding me, was Pepper playing at LB with Hoole in front of him?

The one major disadvantage with Pepper is he becomes SO narrow whenever he overlaps, clearly has zero confidence on his left foot. Saw several occasions where it was open for him to hit the by-line and whip a cross in and he simply stopped turned back inside and either played back to the CB or in to CM, which is fine some times but not every time.

Goodwin needs to take players on when he comes off the bench, run at them son, make them bloody work for it. When he had his few decent performances last season it was because he was taking players on, now he constantly cuts inside too.

Grimario
25-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Goodwin needs to take players on when he comes off the bench, run at them son, make them bloody work for it. When he had his few decent performances last season it was because he was taking players on, now he constantly cuts inside too.

Mrs Grim (finally teaching her stuff about football, huzzah!) asked if that was the same guy who was beating players for fun last season. What exactly happened to him (or did GVE do to him) to turn him into a left footed James Brown?

pv4
25-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Thanks for reminding me, was Pepper playing at LB with Hoole in front of him?

---------------Biraz----------------
Neville--Regan--Mitchell--Pepper
------Zad----Kanta----Beard-----
Hoole-------Taggz----------Burns

Which in attack became:

--Regan--------Kanta----Mitchell--
Neville----Zad---Beard----Pepper

Then basically first out of second half, Taggz went left Burns went right & Heskey up front.

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Neville--Regan--Mitchell--Pepper
------Zad----Kanta----Beard-----

Which in attack became:

--Regan--------Kanta----Mitchell--
Neville----Zad---Beard----Pepper

Then basically first out of second half, Taggz went left Burns went right & Heskey up front.

i believe in the early weeks this was actually rubes the one in the hole between the cbs, good change imo as kantas long range passing game is better than rubes, and rubes can hassle from the front if we lose possession.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Mrs Grim (finally teaching her stuff about football, huzzah!) asked if that was the same guy who was beating players for fun last season. What exactly happened to him (or did GVE do to him) to turn him into a left footed James Brown?

I think it's probably a case of ego / mentality. He rocked up on the scene a partial nobody left back from Heart, remember the stories about him just scraping enough cash to make it to Heart youth training etc? He put in hard and did the simple stuff early, took on players like a left winger, was exciting and worked hard.

Then he started gaining plaudits etc and has relaxed a bit. Not working as hard to beat players etc, either trying to be slow and tricky or simply cutting back and playing the ball to the midfield.

He needs to adjust the attitude and take it back to basics in my opinion. I still think he is technically an excellent player and has great pace, he just needs to get back in to the mindset of working hard and forget about what others might be saying about him.

Thankfully right now we have a starting 11 that doesn't have to include the likes of Brown and Goodwin, how they react to being bench players will make or break their time with us.

Jeterpool
25-11-2013, 12:37 PM

I watch Goodwin's body language and I see someone who isn't very happy and/or is really lacking in confidence. His "effort" levels while he is on the field are not what they used to be - i.e. he was jogging after the ball, wasn't really attempting any closing down and just cruised with the ball at his feet. He seemed to be running at 40% capacity when season 8 Goody would have skinned Gehardt alive! He was offloading the pass when he would have previously knocked it past them and sprinted.

I did also consider that he may have received these specific instructions from GvE, in which case it may account for some of what I am seeing.

I do wonder, thought, if he is homesick or if there is something else going on. Either way, I don't expect we will see Goodwin in a Jets jersey next season - I think he is going to leave.

Jeterpool
25-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Thankfully right now we have a starting 11 that doesn't have to include the likes of Brown and Goodwin, how they react to being bench players will make or break their time with us.

That's pretty spot on.

*FREE
25-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I think it's probably a case of ego / mentality. He rocked up on the scene a partial nobody left back from Heart, remember the stories about him just scraping enough cash to make it to Heart youth training etc? He put in hard and did the simple stuff early, took on players like a left winger, was exciting and worked hard.

Then he started gaining plaudits etc and has relaxed a bit. Not working as hard to beat players etc, either trying to be slow and tricky or simply cutting back and playing the ball to the midfield.

He needs to adjust the attitude and take it back to basics in my opinion. I still think he is technically an excellent player and has great pace, he just needs to get back in to the mindset of working hard and forget about what others might be saying about him.

you forgot the bit about breaking up with that chick he was banging who he used to hug after games in bay 2. seems to have done a bit of a mitchy since then.

in fairness to craig for yesterday's performance, at the time he came on he was probably given instructions to minimise fxxk-ups so as not to give them any cheap goals there at the end. if he had tried to take those blokes on at the end and gave the ball away it would have looked silly. far smarter option at that point was to simply retain possession and take the safer routes.

BodyNovo
25-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Goodwin needs to just start backing himself again, be reckless i would much prefer a player who took the first defender on rather than turn away and pass backwards.

look at taggz yesterday he could have passed both times for his 2nd & 3rd goal but he back himself and look at the results he got.

Goodwin looked scared to enter the contest yesterday.

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 01:33 PM
you forgot the bit about breaking up with that chick he was banging who he used to hug after games in bay 2. seems to have done a bit of a mitchy since then.

in fairness to craig for yesterday's performance, at the time he came on he was probably given instructions to minimise fxxk-ups so as not to give them any cheap goals there at the end. if he had tried to take those blokes on at the end and gave the ball away it would have looked silly. far smarter option at that point was to simply retain possession and take the safer routes.

Probably true but we're bringing on one of our (meant to be) quick wingers against a shite defence that had been playing in stinking heat all arvo, they're just asking to be ran at. What happened to attack being best form of defence and using what is working for you? The runs in the channel by Burns et al were killing Heart, we should have been going for the jugular imo.

Of course if he did that, lost the ball and they went on and scored I'd probably be here ripping shreds off him haha.

joel31
25-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I watch Goodwin's body language and I see someone who isn't very happy and/or is really lacking in confidence. His "effort" levels while he is on the field are not what they used to be - i.e. he was jogging after the ball, wasn't really attempting any closing down and just cruised with the ball at his feet. He seemed to be running at 40% capacity when season 8 Goody would have skinned Gehardt alive! He was offloading the pass when he would have previously knocked it past them and sprinted.

I did also consider that he may have received these specific instructions from GvE, in which case it may account for some of what I am seeing.

I do wonder, thought, if he is homesick or if there is something else going on. Either way, I don't expect we will see Goodwin in a Jets jersey next season - I think he is going to leave.
I noticed that when i was at training last week, Goodwin was playing without confidence and he was quiet and seemed like a peripheral figure

selassie
25-11-2013, 02:33 PM
all your explanations about goodwin = narrative fallacy
what is actually happening to goodwin = regression to the mean

russjaybee
25-11-2013, 03:16 PM
all your explanations about goodwin = narrative fallacy
what is actually happening to goodwin = regression to the mean

There is still an explanation for the regression, or perhaps an explanation for the initial exception is more appropriate?

longshot
25-11-2013, 03:55 PM
In all fairness to Goody his instructions yesterday were to hold the ball up with Heskey and waste time not to take people on. Also according to one of the senior players I spoke to after the game goody is training the house down just waiting for his starting chance to come. Still reckon GVE has messed with his confidence along with Virgilli.

true waterboy
25-11-2013, 04:01 PM
I thought goodwin did fine when he came on.

Cant believe some of the comments posted so far. Apart from taggart I think we were quiet poor across the park.
Our biggest problem was both our centre backs. Anyone that wants reagan over chapman/jaliens needs to look at that game. the reason we looked so bad started with the poor ball playing from the back. was way to slow and no forward movement. seemed like when they finally tried to do something hearts defence was set

Reagan is a good injury replacement, but would struggle as a constant starter

sh10
25-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Our biggest problem was both our centre backs. Anyone that wants reagan over chapman/jaliens needs to look at that game. the reason we looked so bad started with the poor ball playing from the back. was way to slow and no forward movement. seemed like when they finally tried to do something hearts defence was set

Reagan is a good injury replacement, but would struggle as a constant starter

Agreed. Regz needs more nonsense

selassie
26-11-2013, 07:06 AM
There is still an explanation for the regression, or perhaps an explanation for the initial exception is more appropriate?
which is unknowable and can only be speculated on.

russjaybee
26-11-2013, 10:06 AM
And? Think you'll find quiet a bit of speculation on here, and rightly so. No one is saying that's exactly what's happening or that any of us have insider info :S

The Dunster
26-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Goodwin doesn't have a plan B and as such the opposition have him pretty much worked out - his passing game is non-existent. Given a choice I'd play someone reliable like Pepper before Goodwin everytime.

Buddha
17-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm still going good with my prediction.....