PDA

View Full Version : Fans rep committee (discussion allowed) thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3

GazFish35
22-11-2013, 08:19 AM
My idea (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?766-A-fans-respresentative-committe) was answered in the jetsinsider email from the big boss man and I've noticed a spike in views to that thread... But we aren't allowed to discuss it over there so it doesn't get clogged up when (if) the club respond on he foz.

So, I thought I'd ask for feedback and ideas from anyone who cares to shout out their thoughts....

The wider the response the more chance this has of getting the clubs true attentions starting something worthwhile.

Thoughts?

Jeterpool
22-11-2013, 08:37 AM
At a higher level I think your proposed group representatives are diverse enough. It covers pretty much all bases. I also like that you have considered what other larger football clubs have done and what has been successful. The challenge will be pulling together and agreeing on the agenda of the committee - which is not something that should be overly difficult.

The club has been working hard to liaise and promote the Squadron, but this is engaging a small section of the crowd. By implementing your suggestion, the club could engage, potentially, a broader range of fans.

It seems a natural progression from the open style forums the club held earlier in the year, which should be continued as well.

Good initiative.

joel31
07-04-2014, 06:17 PM
bump. if this supporters trust thing gets going I think an idea like this would be a decent idea for board

Blackmac79
07-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Issue is the supporters trust won't get going. People are not interested.

BodyNovo
07-04-2014, 07:48 PM
If the livelihood of the club was at stake I bet you would find a lot more interested

Blackmac79
07-04-2014, 08:01 PM
That's the thing isn't it. Trouble is by then it is too late.

Ala fury.

hawk
07-04-2014, 08:50 PM
I think its a decent idea and would give us a clear supporter voice and clarity of whats happening inside the club - tick.

What we might be up against

1. supporter members may not know what the club really needs eg argue amongst their own ideas

2. why would the club want supporters to interfer with the "important stuff". their arms length PR is hitting attendance targets and they have listened somewhat, returned griff, supporter waya colours, got some experience in the squad

3. Will they bother wasting time to hold meetings.

Q.Does this group vote on player acquisition?
Q.Does this group vote on how to spend funds on ground improvements, entertainment, when to play music, get proper priced catering, seating behind goals, ?

how much power would the group have?

MFKS
07-04-2014, 09:16 PM
You blokes do realise many clubs around the world have this type of model and doesn't seem to hold them back??

Hello Barcelona

furns
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM
You blokes do realise many clubs around the world have this type of model and doesn't seem to hold them back??

Hello Barcelona
And you do realise that Barca is over 100 years old and one of the most supported club in the world right?

MFKS
08-04-2014, 12:47 PM
And you do realise that Barca is over 100 years old and one of the most supported club in the world right?
Whether Barca is one of the best supported clubs in the world or has 100 years of tradition to me they are strengthening my argument

In light of the sheer numbers of members at Barca you would think there would be massively contrasting opinions with direction to go.

Regardless of these many ideologies they work it out make their decisions and all runs well.

We would only be looking to do it on a much smaller scale obviously

Take out any opinionated stuff about idiots in Newy with NFI and I am sure it could still be made to function in the manner it is meant to here.

Judging by the way things are now it can't be much worse

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Anyone else get this email?

The Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce plans to establish a new Member Committee to increase communication and consultation between the Club and it’s Members.

The committee will allow our Members to provide input and their feedback on a range of issues regarding the Club and our Membership program through regular and constructive discussions with Club officials.

The Member Committee was one of the ideas discussed at the Club’s Members and supporters forum in lead up to the 2013/14 season.

The committee will be made up of 6 Members who will represent all of the major stakeholder groups amongst our Member base.

The group will act in a consultative manner providing a range of views from different segments and groups of the Club’s Member base.

The objectives of the committee are to:
To enhance the relationship between the Club and it’s Members and providing our Members the opportunity to play a key role in helping achieve success
To establish a direct communication forum that is structured, orderly and efficient
To help the Club better understand issues that most affect and concern our Members
The Club will engage with the Member Committee on a range of topics including:
Active Support & Match Day Atmosphere
Membership packages and entitlements
Member communications
Match Day experience and facilities
Merchandise
This forum will not discuss football related issues such as team performance or selection. We encourage all Members to apply for a position on the committee by emailing membership@newcastlejets.com.au by September 30 with your contact details and the reason for your application. Members will be required to attend a meeting 4 times per year (every quarter).

The minutes of each meeting will be published online. All Members will be able to propose discussion topics for future Member Committee meetings by emailing membership@newcastlejets.com.au or via Twitter @JetsSupport

The Club will announce the appointment of the Member Committee and the details of the first meeting before the first home match of the 2014/15 season.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

plague
02-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I reckon the meetings will consist of some type of ventriloquists puppet dressed in club colours automatically set to nod furiously every time someone talks.
Then all suggestions will be put in the bin.

But I can be a bit cynical about these things.

plague
02-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Legit though, does anyone think the club will provide semi detailed financials so at least suggestions can be based on some sort of commercial reality rather than some knob going "DERRRR HOW ABOUT FREE BEER DERRR"?

Prob a waste of time asking for suggestions from people not armed with the relevant info.

q-money
02-09-2014, 05:36 PM
ban this sick filth

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Only way to see if it will work is test it..... And for the memenrs reps to take it seriously and insist the club do too.

hausmann
02-09-2014, 07:30 PM
The Club will engage with the Member Committee on a range of topics including:
Active Support & Match Day Atmosphere
Membership packages and entitlements
Member communications
Match Day experience and facilities
Merchandise

I'm tempted to be cynical because the above topics appear to sound like PR agenda items.

It's up to the club members to add real depth to the discussion. I hope you put your hand up for this Gaz.

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I will be hauss.

This can work, but only if the club let it work, and the fan members demand it work.

If nothing else it's opening up communications..... Though I would argue people should be able to email the committee members to raise issues for discussion rather than the club..... The fans need to able to directly impact the agenda, and not have fans issues censored by the club before the meeting starts.

Blackmac79
02-09-2014, 08:15 PM
I will be hauss.

This can work, but only if the club let it work, and the fan members demand it work.

If nothing else it's opening up communications..... Though I would argue people should be able to email the committee members to raise issues for discussion rather than the club..... The fans need to able to directly impact the agenda, and not have fans issues censored by the club before the meeting starts.

I don't believe it will work.

Same reason the "Honorary Board", the "Active Support Forum", and other club-relationship-supporters didn't work.

They don't care what you have to say. They want you to think they care what you have to say.

End of the day Baartz is on the payroll without telling anybody. MDT still controls the financials so can't care less if the supporters show up or not. And Tinkler could not care less about football.

I support your application for a position gav. I hope you prove me wrong. But its just another bullshit idea to make it look like the club cares, which really means they think they will make more money if they pretend they do. Probably an idea to sell more fence sponsorship and stop our banners.

#Fedup
#asshole
#Blackmac

p.s. going to email the club saying you should be accepted.

furns
02-09-2014, 08:16 PM
We have Dani Potter to thank for getting the ball rolling on this stuff before she left.
Gaz, can you forward that proposal you drafted to me please so I can get it to the Jets again please?

sammydog
02-09-2014, 08:20 PM
I will be hauss.

To an extent while the club has to want it to work, the quality of the fan who put themselves up for nomination, and their motives, also will play a huge part.

My only worry is how do you find people who represent everyone. OK, the squadron is the easy part and you guys in reality should be able to nominate a representative.

If it turns into a committee of 6 people representing only their own (and their immediate mates) self interest it will fail. There needs to be a mechanism whereby whoever steps up, can be contacted by the "major stakeholder group" they supposedly represent and actually provide relevant feedback. The club could do this by giving a page on the website with a short blurb about each person and how to contact them (club email perhaps, no need for a phone number?). Honestly, if a person who steps up isn't willing to be contactable by someone who wants to raise an issue, then they shouldn't be there as they don't represent anyone but themselves and anything they offer won't be representative of the wider cross section of the crowd and members.

Blackmac79
02-09-2014, 08:21 PM
To an extent while the club has to want it to work, the quality of the fan who put themselves up for nomination, and their motives, also will play a huge part.

My only worry is how do you find people who represent everyone. OK, the squadron is the easy part and you guys in reality should be able to nominate a representative.

If it turns into a committee of 6 people representing only their own (and their immediate mates) self interest it will fail. There needs to be a mechanism whereby whoever steps up, can be contacted by the "major stakeholder group" they supposedly represent and actually provide relevant feedback. The club could do this by giving a page on the website with a short blurb about each person and how to contact them (club email perhaps, no need for a phone number?). Honestly, if a person who steps up isn't willing to be contactable by someone who wants to raise an issue, then they shouldn't be there as they don't represent anyone but themselves and anything they offer won't be representative of the wider cross section of the crowd and members.

Hear Hear.

furns
02-09-2014, 08:25 PM
From discussion with the club, I understand that people will be sought across a cross section of fans to provide a wide variety of opinion.

Grimario
02-09-2014, 08:32 PM
From discussion with the club, I understand that people will be sought across a cross section of fans to provide a wide variety of opinion.

Sounds like an early episode of South park.

Where's Mr Hanky?

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 08:32 PM

Good.

And what sammydog said.

Fan reps need to be able to be contacted by the fans they represent.

The communication line needs to be......
Fan --> fan rep --> club.

Not

Fan --> club --> fan rep

Otherwise it just becomes nothing but a focus group with the club dictating the issues

sammydog
02-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Good.

And what swamy said.

Fan reps need to be able to be contacted by the fans they represent.

The communication line needs to be......
Fan --> fan rep --> club.

Not

Fan --> club --> fan rep

Otherwise it just becomes nothing but a focus group with the club dictating the issues

Thats exactly it. If it is Fan >> Club >> Rep, there may be a perception (whether it happens or not) that issues are filtered by the club. While I am OK with the club bringing issues to the table, the fan reps need to be able to bring stuff in from their supposed constituents. I think fans need to feel like they can put there issue to a rep and feel its going to be heard, rather then submit it to the club and hope it makes the agenda.

Blackmac79
02-09-2014, 08:40 PM
It is going to be nothing but a focus group with club dictating issues based on what they think will sell further memberships and match day tickets.

I look forward to talking to someone who was at the meeting and then reading the minutes the club decide suit their requirements.

1, 2 meetings tops.

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
I look forward to talking to someone who was at the meeting and then reading the minutes the club decide suit their requirements.

Absolutely. Any major discrepancies will only reflect poorly on the club.

sammydog
02-09-2014, 09:01 PM
So is anyone throwing their name in the ring? I am considering it.

GazFish35
02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm planning to.

Thomas477
02-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Am considering it too. Would push for a return to the gold of when we were actually winning shit.

Beside that, first thing to push for is for a maximum length the members can serve on the committee for. Maybe a senate type arrangement where half are only appointed for the first year, then go to reselection for a new 2 year term, while the other 3 serve their 2 years, then reselection etc. Shouldn't become a monopoly for a few people to control for a long time.

baldrick
02-09-2014, 09:38 PM

I am thinking about it too

MFKS
03-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Am considering it too. Would push for a return to the gold of when we were actually winning shit.

Beside that, first thing to push for is for a maximum length the members can serve on the committee for. Maybe a senate type arrangement where half are only appointed for the first year, then go to reselection for a new 2 year term, while the other 3 serve their 2 years, then reselection etc. Shouldn't become a monopoly for a few people to control for a long time.

**** the gold.

E and C all the way

hausmann
03-09-2014, 08:34 AM

It would be good if people could state in their applications what section of supporters they are representing (Gold Members, Supporters with disability, female supporters, family supporters, active supporters etc) and those committee members do a good job of representing that section.

Gaz, do you know what the breakdown of the arsenal committee is? Do they have permanent classes of supporter on their committee?

Even if the club has a superficial view of this, it is a really good initiative that has to be grasped with both hands by supporters. If it functions well in the first year, and with a likely takeover looming in the future, it could become something that the new owner would not think of but takes on as a legacy, and help fastrack their understanding of the local football culture.

We need a long term view of it, not thinking that people can go in and shake things up and tell management what we really think of them.

Jeterpool
03-09-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm planning to.

As am I

GazFish35
03-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Gaz, do you know what the breakdown of the arsenal committee is? Do they have permanent classes of supporter on their committee?

http://www.arsenal.com/fanzone/supporters-forum

16-21 Yr Old Representative
Arsenal Supporters' Club - Domestic (offical supporters clubs)
Arsenal Supporters' Club - Overseas (offical supporters clubs)
AISA Representative - Arsenal Independent Supporters Association (unoffical supporters clubs)
Disabled Supporter
Club Level
Family Enclosure
Gold Member
Red Member
Executive Box
Ethnic Minority Representative
Gay Supporter Representative
RedAction Member (the "active" area)
Shareholder
Away Scheme Member
AST Member (arsenal supporters trust - a group trying to support fans in becoming shareholders)

this committe was used heavily to assist the club in its transition from highbury to the Emirates and were largely responsible for the CEO's actions regarding what the club called "the arsenalistion" of the emirates taking it froma bare concrete and steel stadium to something that felt like the home ground of a club.

they acheived such symbolic happenings such as the Emirates areas being renamed from "block 32, Block 33, block 34" etc to The North bank, they had the clock from the the "clock end" reintroduced and the east and West Stands were named as such..... massive decisions the club were apparently set to ignore.

the team of legends linked arm in arm around the stadium also was derived from these meetings.
it helped smmoth out a lot of tension surrounding the move away from Highbury.

stormypete
03-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm planning to.

I'm not .... looks like there's plenty of potential good representation from you guys already.
Always ready and keen to offer opinions and assist where possible. (usually in a pub somewhere :pissup:)

GazFish35
03-09-2014, 02:37 PM
the more people who express interest the better IMO.

if they receive a large amount of interest they will see that the fans are serious about wnating the club to grow and develop

Jeterpool
03-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Have thrown my name in the ring.

I agree with Gaz. The more people that make a submission the better. I hope someone from this forum is selected because it is an excellent medium to engage with the supporter base. If not, I hope one of the 4 people selected embrace it.

stormypete
03-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I agree with Gaz. The more people that make a submission the better.

Agreed. The only problem is I'm already stretched year round with junior football club stuff. I think I'd get kicked out of the house if I volunteered myself any further.

Jeterpool
03-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Agreed. The only problem is I'm already stretched year round with junior football club stuff. I think I'd get kicked out of the house if I volunteered myself any further.

That's fair Pete. Did you renew the same seats as last year, by the way?

GazFish35
03-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Pretty good reason not to then!

sammydog
03-09-2014, 09:27 PM

Kicked out of the house?? All I read was "More time at the pub".

I'll apply for you and put your contact details down.

stormypete
03-09-2014, 11:06 PM
That's fair Pete. Did you renew the same seats as last year, by the way?

Sure did. Can't wait!!! ... and you Dave?

stormypete
03-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Kicked out of the house?? All I read was "More time at the pub".

I'll apply for you and put your contact details down.

Yeah right .... and you can join me in the dog house (just bring a few ales with you)

Jeterpool
04-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Sure did. Can't wait!!! ... and you Dave?

Sure did mate.

MFKS
04-09-2014, 08:00 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/fanzone/supporters-forum

16-21 Yr Old Representative
Arsenal Supporters' Club - Domestic (offical supporters clubs)
Arsenal Supporters' Club - Overseas (offical supporters clubs)
AISA Representative - Arsenal Independent Supporters Association (unoffical supporters clubs)
Disabled Supporter
Club Level
Family Enclosure
Gold Member
Red Member
Executive Box
Ethnic Minority Representative
Gay Supporter Representative
RedAction Member (the "active" area)
Shareholder
Away Scheme Member
AST Member (arsenal supporters trust - a group trying to support fans in becoming shareholders)

this committe was used heavily to assist the club in its transition from highbury to the Emirates and were largely responsible for the CEO's actions regarding what the club called "the arsenalistion" of the emirates taking it froma bare concrete and steel stadium to something that felt like the home ground of a club.

they acheived such symbolic happenings such as the Emirates areas being renamed from "block 32, Block 33, block 34" etc to The North bank, they had the clock from the the "clock end" reintroduced and the east and West Stands were named as such..... massive decisions the club were apparently set to ignore.

the team of legends linked arm in arm around the stadium also was derived from these meetings.
it helped smmoth out a lot of tension surrounding the move away from Highbury.

What sort of things would YOU like to get done with our club on this if you get on the committee for it??

Jeterpool
04-09-2014, 08:25 AM
What sort of things would YOU like to get done with our club on this if you get on the committee for it??

That's the thing, though. If selected it's not simply about what Gaz, or whoever, want's to do. It's about that personrepresenting the collective voice of the members. It's about canvassing the members for ideas and presenting them for consideration as the members representative.

It's also not soley about making sure things get done by the club, but also that they keep doing things we like about being a member, for example, low season ticket prices.

If the people selected only go in for themself and ignore what others, it will not succeed.

GazFish35
04-09-2014, 09:37 AM
That's the thing, though. If selected it's not simply about what Gaz, or whoever, want's to do. It's about that personrepresenting the collective voice of the members. It's about canvassing the members for ideas and presenting them for consideration as the members representative.

It's also not soley about making sure things get done by the club, but also that they keep doing things we like about being a member, for example, low season ticket prices.

If the people selected only go in for themself and ignore what others, it will not succeed.

Well said.

I've got a few ideas I'd like to put to the club largely about involvement in schools and respecting the history of the "top flight" football representation in the region (something i think they are getting better at), but these are my issues and if they arent reflected in what other members are interested in, or value, then its a waste of time to bring them up. self-interest would see the committee design a camel when trying to build a horse.

I'm more interested in the fans being able to put ideas forward to the club and feel that hey have been heard. I feel too many times in the past the clubs response to many ideas have been flipant or dismissive because the forum in which they have been brought up has not allowed for detailed and passionate discussion or explaination. Communication structures in the past have also allowed good ideas to fall by the wayside, be forgotten about or ignored. sometimes this is due to club personel, us as fans ourselves or the structure of such communications.

I'd love to simply see an idea come forward - the club listen and provide a reasoned response within a timeframe, AND the club be held to that timeframe and the explaination of the reasons be open for discussion so that fans can start to maybe feel some sense of the club listening. I know Tinkler pays the bills (horrible assumption given the history of national football competition representation in newcastle) but for the club and football to progress further we need more people to feel like they belong as part of this club, I feely strongly that this starts with the club listening to, and becoming respresentative of its fans.

the club belongs to the fans.... and Id actually like to see the commitee be open to more than just those who are members. buying a season ticket doesnt make anyone more of a fan, or deserving to be listened to anymore than any other perosn who supports the club. I hate to use word "stakeholder" but the blokes who come to every home game they can, be it 1 or all 13, or those who cant get to any but support the club from afar, or who work weekends, are just as much a part of this thing as those of us luvky enough to able to afford a season ticket and and can get to all the matches.

Jeterpool
04-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Well said.

I've got a few ideas I'd like to put to the club largely about involvement in schools and respecting the history of the "top flight" football representation in the region (something i think they are getting better at), but these are my issues and if they arent reflected in what other members are interested in, or value, then its a waste of time to bring them up. self-interest would see the committee design a camel when trying to build a horse.

I'm more interested in the fans being able to put ideas forward to the club and feel that hey have been heard. I feel too many times in the past the clubs response to many ideas have been flipant or dismissive because the forum in which they have been brought up has not allowed for detailed and passionate discussion or explaination. Communication structures in the past have also allowed good ideas to fall by the wayside, be forgotten about or ignored. sometimes this is due to club personel, us as fans ourselves or the structure of such communications.

I'd love to simply see an idea come forward - the club listen and provide a reasoned response within a timeframe, AND the club be held to that timeframe and the explaination of the reasons be open for discussion so that fans can start to maybe feel some sense of the club listening. I know Tinkler pays the bills (horrible assumption given the history of national football competition representation in newcastle) but for the club and football to progress further we need more people to feel like they belong as part of this club, I feely strongly that this starts with the club listening to, and becoming respresentative of its fans.

the club belongs to the fans.... and Id actually like to see the commitee be open to more than just those who are members. buying a season ticket doesnt make anyone more of a fan, or deserving to be listened to anymore than any other perosn who supports the club. I hate to use word "stakeholder" but the blokes who come to every home game they can, be it 1 or all 13, or those who cant get to any but support the club from afar, or who work weekends, are just as much a part of this thing as those of us luvky enough to able to afford a season ticket and and can get to all the matches.

Thankyou. And you too.

hausmann
04-09-2014, 10:02 AM

So true. It's when the club starts having supporters in other cities in Australia and other places in the world that you know that you are doing something right, or representing an ideal that people outside a parochial city can relate to.

That's why I am so keen that the club reach out to mid-western nsw, nnsw beyond the hunter. Make them feel that the club values their support, even if they can't get to games. A lot of the money comes from Foxtel subscriptions anyway.

Well said overall Gaz. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, opening communication and being taken seriously is the most important thing at this point.

MFKS
04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Well said.

Good points

How should I put it.

I have some doubts about the idea for the committee but would rather be convinced by the ideas that its reps wish to provide rather than the semantics of how it runs or why it is needed.

Jeterpool
04-09-2014, 10:52 AM
Good points

How should I put it.

I have some doubts about the idea for the committee but would rather be convinced by the ideas that its reps wish to provide rather than the semantics of how it runs or why it is needed.

And that's a fair point - and you will if you get feedback on the suggestions you put forward.

I think it should be judged by how seriously the club take the suggestions the representatives raise, as well as how that representative gathers and presents the suggestions and feeds back what the outcome or decision was.

GazFish35
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Good points

How should I put it.

Better links with schools - football oriented PDHPE and HSIE units, it's the world game, we preach respect in football - there's direct links that can be made.

Facilitating school gala days - in high school rugby league has a large presence, football needs the same.... A Jets Cup based on gala days not knockouts..... For yr3/4/5/6/7/8. Much of this happens for other sports because other sports get into schools better than football can afford to do.... But more can be done.

Kit manufacturer - I'm yet to get a kooga/blk shirt, but the isc kit was so bloody uncomfortable, seek shirts people might want to actually wear.

Keep E&C in our away kit permemantly.... I fear reading the current stufff that it might have not been a two season thing.

Increase communication about major decisions...... The eastern stand was shut, not reason other than "operations" was given..... If it's too expensive to staff it and clean it, just be honest and say so.

I'd love to see the club increase merchandising targeted for families and kids such as cheap pencil cases, lunch boxes etc the nrl corner this market and football needs to get in on the act.

Do more to lobby the FFA regarding active support restrictions.

Make the stadium (in know state venues run it) more "newcastle" the new stands feel very much like concrete buildings, I'd love to see the concourses behind the stands be covered with images of past newcastle glories, football and rugby league. There's lot of grey brick that could be red/blue, green/brown.

But in all seriousness, they're all moot points if they aren't really the views of a wider base.

I think the structure of the communication process and ensuring the committee openly and without bias represent the views of as many fans as possible is far more important than any issue I think the club should be made aware of.

Likely to fail? Depends on people's expectations. If we are expecting this to drive change immediately, then yes, it will fail.

If we expect it to be a long term relationship building lines of communication where fans can hold the club to account on important issues, whether we agree with their decisions or not, then yes, I do believe strongly that it can be a success.

The Committee and club needs to be proactive, have a clear vision, prioritise long term goals towards that vision, actively seek out supporters views and listen, create situations everyone gets value from, and work with the strengths of everyone then it can be a pivotal key in the club's success.

MFKS
04-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Better links with schools - football oriented PDHPE and HSIE units, it's the world game, we preach respect in football - there's direct links that can be made.

Facilitating school gala days - in high school rugby league has a large presence, football needs the same.... A Jets Cup based on gala days not knockouts..... For yr3/4/5/6/7/8. Much of this happens for other sports because other sports get into schools better than football can afford to do.... But more can be done.

Kit manufacturer - I'm yet to get a kooga/blk shirt, but the isc kit was so bloody uncomfortable, seek shirts people might want to actually wear.

Keep E&C in our away kit permemantly.... I fear reading the current stufff that it might have not been a two season thing.

Increase communication about major decisions...... The eastern stand was shut, not reason other than "operations" was given..... If it's too expensive to staff it and clean it, just be honest and say so.

I'd love to see the club increase merchandising targeted for families and kids such as cheap pencil cases, lunch boxes etc the nrl corner this market and football needs to get in on the act.

Do more to lobby the FFA regarding active support restrictions.

Make the stadium (in know state venues run it) more "newcastle" the new stands feel very much like concrete buildings, I'd love to see the concourses behind the stands be covered with images of past newcastle glories, football and rugby league. There's lot of grey brick that could be red/blue, green/brown.

But in all seriousness, they're all moot points if they aren't really the views of a wider base.

I think the structure of the communication process and ensuring the committee openly and without bias represent the views of as many fans as possible is far more important than any issue I think the club should be made aware of.

Likely to fail? Depends on people's expectations. If we are expecting this to drive change immediately, then yes, it will fail.

If we expect it to be a long term relationship building lines of communication where fans can hold the club to account on important issues, whether we agree with their decisions or not, then yes, I do believe strongly that it can be a success.

The Committee and club needs to be proactive, have a clear vision, prioritise long term goals towards that vision, actively seek out supporters views and listen, create situations everyone gets value from, and work with the strengths of everyone then it can be a pivotal key in the club's success.

Good Post.

Some great ideas there.

A few could easily be sorted though if the current admin were actively on the front foot though instead of resting on their heels most of the time like they do.

GazFish35
04-09-2014, 01:31 PM
A few could easily be sorted though if the current admin were actively on the front foot though instead of resting on their heels most of the time like they do.

Probably, but how do we know that the curent admin arent flat out and understaffed already?
i see this as a means for the club to possibley give greater explanantion of why some things dont happen as much as it can be a way to encourage mores to happen.

at the momement its easy to assume the worst.

if you are right though, having these sugegstions minuted and the club responses minuted also, perhaps it will be easier for such ideas to gnot get lost in the ether.

hausmann
04-09-2014, 01:57 PM
3. Kit manufacturer - I'm yet to get a kooga/blk shirt, but the isc kit was so bloody uncomfortable, seek shirts people might want to actually wear.

I am in huge agreement on this one. I would even go so far as to say that the club should consider that they might need to make a loss on the deal just to have the right kit.

As the saying goes, "clothes maketh the man". To some extent, the Jets have to project an image that they are a truly professional club, and that partly means getting a brand like Puma, Nike, Adidas, etc and partly a truly high quality design, high quality fabric etc. If they go for a lesser brand, the design and quality has to be exceptional.

In this vein, the same goes for a front of shirt sponsor. If I had to choose between a higher amount from a related party like CQP and a lesser amount from a global brand, I would go for the global. This would be a short term strategic decision, not to always accept a lesser amount, but to show global brands that we are in the market for global partners. Thus, hopefully in the long term, the sponsorship value would ultimately be higher.

These are things that are in the long term interest of the club but they also send a message to supporters that they are following a professional club with a professional image.

plague
04-09-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm with the Member. Let's assume the committee gets up. Cut the horseshit let's get down to real ideas.

1. Cut the entertainment. Football crowds want to see football not failed Aussie Idol contestants. Sync the Youth league/W League to play on same day to give customers 2 games instead of one. This can be done with all parties working together.

2. Mr Fish said it, make the Stadium more Newy. Not an Arsenal but When I went to Emirates wandered around the joint looking and reading about it's history. Was awesome. The fact there is no permanent reminder of '08 (or the Knights '97 and '01) is sad.

3. Take the match entertainment budget and spend it on pop up bars/snackstalls for the pre match and half time rush. It's pathetic I can get a beer/water quicker at Emirates/Anfield/Yokohama stadium than at our place with 10k.
Yes the club will crap on about someone else running the catering but use your leverage as tenant to demand change.

That's my first thoughts.

furns
04-09-2014, 04:00 PM
There is also no reason the reps of the supporters committee couldn't hold a fans forum to gather feedback on what issues supporters want discussed with the club prior to committee meetings taking place.
I know the LFC Supporters Committee does this at least twice a season.

MFKS
05-09-2014, 06:40 AM
JETS owner Nathan Tinkler has declared he "can't wait" to sell Newcastle's A-League franchise and sever ties completely with a city that he says "hasn't done anything but s - - t on me".

But as the struggling tycoon waits impatiently for a buyer so he can discard the team he has owned for almost four years, behind the scenes Newcastle officials are making a concerted effort to strengthen the bond with the fans who will keep the turnstiles clicking long after Tinkler has gone.

The Jets announced this week that they are creating a new six-person members committee that will meet four times each year to discuss issues surrounding the "match-day experience".

And in a further development, Newcastle chief executive Robbie Middleby has invited Football Federation Australia officials to meet with disgruntled members of the Squadron in the hope of resolving the dispute over this season's seating arrangements.

The Squadron have vehemently opposed FFA's plan to introduce compulsory ticketing for "active support" areas in all stadiums, describing this proposal as "absurd and overbearing".

Rather than congregate in FFA's designated Bay 60 zone at Hunter Stadium, the Squadron are threatening to stage a boycott by instead buying general-admission tickets and sitting elsewhere.

Middleby said both parties had valid viewpoints and was hopeful the issue could be resolved before the season kicks off in five weeks.

"I can see both sides of the argument, but it's a situation where we'll keep working towards facilitating a compromise that suits everyone..

"The Squadron is obviously very, very important to our club, and active support is very important for the A-League in general.

See your ad here

"As a club, we want to work with all parties and for that reason I spoke to the FFA yesterday and asked them to come and meet with the Squadron committee and talk through it.

"Hopefully there will be a meeting in the next couple of weeks and they can resolve some differences."

Middleby said there had been strong interest from potential candidates for the members committee, after the club invited nominations via its website this week.

But he stressed the new body was not intended as a replacement for the now-defunct advisory board, disbanded by Tinkler more than two years ago and never replaced, despite a promise from the Hunter Sports Group that it would be "restructured" so that it "re-emerges with contributors from politics, the community, football and commerce".

"We hope the members committee will play an important role, but not so much with strategic decisions like signing players or coaches or how the team should be playing," Middleby said.

"It will be more about trying to work together so there is a forum to discuss things like membership packages, match-day atmosphere, active support and merchandise.

"Basically, we want to open up the lines of communication with our members so that they can have a bit more input and hopefully enjoy the best possible experience on game day."

The Jets believe they are on track to surpass last season's membership tally of 10,200. Their website said yesterday that they had almost 7200 members, 1000 of whom have joined in the past three weeks.

GAzFish as the club seems to want to deal with some trivial matters with this.

Can we get the thickness of our cards sorted
Can we also get the oversized magnet reinstalled.

I think this would be a big win for supporters if these wrongs were righted

hausmann
05-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Middleby still obviously needs to be educated in what supporters think is important. That's okay. It just shows how necessary this committee is.

GazFish35
05-09-2014, 07:43 AM
GAzFish as the club seems to want to deal with some trivial matters with this.

Can we get the thickness of our cards sorted
Can we also get the oversized magnet reinstalled.

I think this would be a big win for supporters if these wrongs were righted

Q clearly demonstrated the card had in actual fact stayed the same thickness, perhaps it was a density issue..... They were however thicker than the WSW foundation and second year card. So I think that's a win. They did invent the cards after all.

I agree whole heartedly with the fridge magnet. I actually glued the cardboard on to the old full sheet magnet as someone on here suggested.

Maybe some think the merchandise and membership packs are trivial, others might feel they are very important.

Haus has hit the nail on the head, and your point further demonstrates the need for the agenda to be equally driven by the fans not just the club.

plague
05-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Robbie Middleby living by the old middle management creed "if you never make a decision you can never make a wrong decision".
Is he John Tate in disguise?
One day we'll get someone there who doesn't treat it like a job.

Blackmac79
05-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Dreaming if you think we will ever get a CEO who understands what it's like to be a fan. Business types are too detached from reality, and so are ex-players.

Middleby has always backed the fans and facilitated the meeting with the FFA.

Also bought griffo back.

plague
05-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Dreaming if you think we will ever get a CEO who understands what it's like to be a fan. Business types are too detached from reality, and so are ex-players.

Also bought griffo back.

Don't want him being a fan. I want him to be a boss.
He seems to be trying to please everyone.
No one ever got anything done working like that.

MFKS
06-09-2014, 11:45 AM

Also bought griffo back.

I will also balance that out by saying the bloke walked out on playing for Newy when as a local and the captain of the club to sign for the Smurfs for a few extra coin.

Bloke has lots to repay for that

hawk
08-09-2014, 08:43 PM

This.
Schools are the biggest particpant base that are waiting to be organised. Youd be suprised how much football isnt played in schools today.
Weekly PSSA football has dropped alarmingly due to the push for performing Arts and the huge female contingent now in primary schools that
are not quite as passionate or more likely just havent the time to do this.

Bit off the supporter base but growing the game, Maybe get the Jets on board to help lower rego fees u/6 to u/10 within the 3 local feds.

Bremsstrahlung
08-09-2014, 10:01 PM
If taken seriously, could be the great and long overdue catalyst for change in the region.
If it isn't, it's just another kick in the teeth imo.

Fully agree with the schools thing.
I remember going home begging parents to play AFL, because some guys in Sydney Swans polos came to my primary school and put on a fun "sport time" instead of T-Ball.
I also had David Lowe and someone Finch?? maybe... come to my high school on sport day every week and put on a soccer rotation. Year 7 did rotations based on House.
And from my point of view, these are my two most memorable school sports program memories.

A quick google and i found this (http://www.charlestoe-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/news/newcastle-jets-new-primary-schools-reward-program)

The Newcastle Jets' new Primary Schools Reward Program is the latest way to encourage your child's friends and teachers to get behind the Newcastle Jets in 2013/14.

The program is designed to help the Jets grow their Membership base and support amongst local families while giving the region's Primary Schools the opportunity to earn a number of exclusive Newcastle Jets rewards.

The more Members each school community signs-up, the bigger the reward!

The winning school will receive an exclusive Gala Day run by the Newcastle Jets which includes a coaching clinic for the entire school, photo and autograph opportunities, competitions including penalty shootouts, who can juggle the longest and other competitions for students to win individual prizes.

The day will also include a BBQ with all family welcome to attend the day.

Every school that participates in the program will have the chance to receive some fantastic prizes. Examples of these include:
-Certificates
-Match-day tickets
-Signed footballs
-Signed Jerseys
-Player appearances at schools

BACKGROUND AND AIMS OF THE PROGRAM

Schools, children and families are the heart of our community and a key part of our engagement strategy.

We want to give school children the opportunity to experience football at the highest level from a young age and to encourage them to lead an active and healthy lifestyle.

By empowering schools and allowing them to benefit from promoting Jets Memberships to their school communities, we can provide exclusive educational, merchandise and activity based rewards, plus offer schools priority status within our community engagement strategy.

The overall goals of the program are to:

Increase engagement with schools;
Deliver exclusive, educational benefits to participating schools' students; and,
Encourage more families to become Members of the Newcastle Jets.

This could be tailored to primary schools, or younger high schoolers, not just winners of some competition.
Take a few youth team players to a primary school, just before rego, give them a taste for it, make them fun, give them a generic letter to join a club.

plague
08-09-2014, 10:37 PM
A quick google and i found this (http://www.charlestoe-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/news/newcastle-jets-new-primary-schools-reward-program)

This could be tailored to primary schools, or younger high schoolers, not just winners of some competition.
Take a few youth team players to a primary school, just before rego, give them a taste for it, make them fun, give them a generic letter to join a club.

See this is a big problem. Again, it's the "hey, you guys do something for us THEN we'll do something for you".
Should be the other way around. Get out to the schools etc then make the kids WANT to be fans.
Spend money to make money etc etc etc.

GazFish35
09-09-2014, 06:16 AM
Wanderers a have a school ambassador network of over 200 schools - a mailing list of teachers they can send info/promotional stuff to for distribution to the kids, instead of just emailing the school and it not getting passed on to a staff member who as a football fan will action things.

Each ambassador school is invited to play in zone based gala days run by the club, all schools need to do is turn up. Winners of each gala day progress to another gala day, winners if that progress to play a curtain raiser final. Comp runs for mixed teams in yr5/6 and a boys and a girls comp for 7/8.

It came from my school getting pumped 22-0 in bill turner cup, now they get to play a seeded gala day where they get to enjoy themselves a bit more.

Wsw offer clinics and school visits to ambassador network schools, schools simply nominate to receive a visit. Club works to ensure a stratigic and fair spread of suck visits across their network.

No competitions or membership drives to "earn" or "win" a visit, being on the ambassador list is all schools need to do. It's been a huge success.

In the September before wsw had played a game they sent three coaches and two youth players to a community event we ran at school, the afl forgot to turn up, and the panthers sent two blokes who turned up late and looking hungover. At tgat stage no one really new who wsw were, but five staff bought season tickets on the day, and about 400 kids got two youth team players to sign their foreheads and on "rugby league" school in rugby league heartland got converted to a "football school" .....

And wsw expect nothing from the schools except a chance for them to come in.

joel31
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Wanderers a have a school ambassador network of over 200 schools - a mailing list of teachers they can send info/promotional stuff to for distribution to the kids, instead of just emailing the school and it not getting passed on to a staff member who as a football fan will action things.

Each ambassador school is invited to play in zone based gala days run by the club, all schools need to do is turn up. Winners of each gala day progress to another gala day, winners if that progress to play a curtain raiser final. Comp runs for mixed teams in yr5/6 and a boys and a girls comp for 7/8.

It came from my school getting pumped 22-0 in bill turner cup, now they get to play a seeded gala day where they get to enjoy themselves a bit more.

Wsw offer clinics and school visits to ambassador network schools, schools simply nominate to receive a visit. Club works to ensure a stratigic and fair spread of suck visits across their network.

No competitions or membership drives to "earn" or "win" a visit, being on the ambassador list is all schools need to do. It's been a huge success.

In the September before wsw had played a game they sent three coaches and two youth players to a community event we ran at school, the afl forgot to turn up, and the panthers sent two blokes who turned up late and looking hungover. At tgat stage no one really new who wsw were, but five staff bought season tickets on the day, and about 400 kids got two youth team players to sign their foreheads and on "rugby league" school in rugby league heartland got converted to a "football school" .....

And wsw expect nothing from the schools except a chance for them to come in.
R u talking about the Western Sydney Wanderers Cup?

GazFish35
09-09-2014, 01:13 PM
R u talking about the Western Sydney Wanderers Cup?

yes. among other things

Jeterpool
18-09-2014, 08:09 AM
I hope some people from here ended up sticking an application in for this committee.

belchardo
18-09-2014, 09:15 AM
let's name some names here. I hope Gaz put his hand up, gets on, and is highly successful in implementing the changes he advocates.

Blackmac79
18-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I am fairly confident that gaz and his application will be well looked into.

Someone I know suggested that he would be a top appointment to the committee and that the club would be absurd not to appoint him.

GazFish35
18-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Lol. Thanks for the support.
Icac have called already!

GazFish35
29-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Eoi closes tomorrow.
Get your names in!

hausmann
09-10-2014, 09:13 AM
When this committee gets up, I would love it if at some point we looked at celebrating the Emerald & Cinnamon of the Newcastle flag. The history of the flag colours (given that the 35th battalion formed in 1915 it can be made as part of a centenary celebration) and the symbolism of the crest are quite interesting and still very relevant today. If kids could take the flags home and keep it might be a good education tool for them about their city/region.

I think a lot of novocastrians are a bit ignorant of why E&C was chosen for the away strip. It would be good if the supporters, club mass produced the newcastle city flag to be waved at a game. I'm thinking a small soft plastic flag like those mini Australian flags people have on Australia Day.

Maybe the Newcastle City Council or a sponsor could help subsidise the production of these, with a sponsor getting to print their name on the flag and the players could wear the Emerald and Cinnamon on the ground.

Jetmaster
09-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Indeed - I still remember the pre-NRL Newcastle league team playing in E&C in the late 70's !

BodyNovo
09-10-2014, 02:31 PM

squadron has had this flag the last half of the season big 3x3 flag. has the kb crest on it as well.

GazFish35
09-10-2014, 02:48 PM
we had a city of newcastle crest standard/fence banner too.

if its missing, i blame Q

Jeterpool
22-10-2014, 10:25 AM
No more word on this so far as I am aware. I remember reading that the announcement of the successful applicants will be made before the first home game.

Can anyone else shed any light on it?

Jetmaster
22-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Haven't heard a thing and I applied.

The club seems to be convinced the season doesn't start till 8th November.

GazFish35
22-10-2014, 01:33 PM
yeah, its all gone quiet.

not even a "thanks for applying email"

they might need prompting.

MFKS
22-10-2014, 02:23 PM
They will probably assigning each person a position on a twister wheel and flicking the thing and letting fate decide the reps anyway

Jeterpool
22-10-2014, 02:38 PM
yeah, its all gone quiet.

not even a "thanks for applying email"

they might need prompting.

I thought they might have sent something like that out.

Pico
22-10-2014, 02:54 PM
They might be trying to go one better than the advisory Board and cancelling this one before it even forms.

hausmann
22-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I bet they are waiting to see who contacts them with an irate "I applied for this rep committee and haven't heard back, you incompetent fools..." type email before they decide who not to let onto the committee.

GazFish35
22-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Might be like the old "500 club" at the breakers.

Committee members will be
John Citizen, Mary Smith etc etc

GazFish35
22-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I bet they are waiting to see who contacts them with an irate "I applied for this rep committee and haven't heard back, you incompetent fools..." type email before they decide who not to let onto the committee.

Ragequit before appointment!

They said it'll get announced before the first home game.

I genuinely think they might be introducing the committee to the crowd before kickoff.

Jeterpool
23-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Ragequit before appointment!

They said it'll get announced before the first home game.

I genuinely think they might be introducing the committee to the crowd before kickoff.

This was my initial thought when reading the email stating the announcement would be made before the first home game. I'm sure it'll all happen in time.

GazFish35
23-10-2014, 08:47 AM
They've no doubt got more pressing issues. like being paid. Despite the "redmention card" issues, since HSG have taken a big backward step over the cliff hat was creeping up behind them the PR coming out of the club has been soooooo much better.

In all honesty if the FFA do have to step in it could be graet for us. theyve learnt a lot about what not to do from NthQld and GCU, and a lot of what to do with WSW.
Tinkler being taken to th cleaners before a new buyer comes in could actually be a godsend

sammydog
23-10-2014, 09:54 AM
In all honesty if the FFA do have to step in it could be graet for us. theyve learnt a lot about what not to do from NthQld and GCU, and a lot of what to do with WSW.
Tinkler being taken to th cleaners before a new buyer comes in could actually be a godsend

Couldn't agree more.

pv4
06-11-2014, 10:19 AM
GazFish, Jpool and furns :brr:

BodyNovo
06-11-2014, 10:39 AM
well done guys.

Blackmac79
06-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Congrats to Jeterpool and Gav.

Furns gets nothing.

pv4
06-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I've already submitted a handful of topics for Jpool to table at the forum.

And yes, one of them involves SD's pool.

Jeterpool
06-11-2014, 10:52 AM
I've already submitted a handful of topics for Jpool to table at the forum.

And yes, one of them involves SD's pool.

And they've already been ignored :gent:

Thanks for the thanks.

BodyNovo
06-11-2014, 10:56 AM
can we please get a pool with a big slippery dip

GazFish35
06-11-2014, 11:47 AM
can we please get a pool with a big slippery dip

First point of buiseness to be fair.
Only sticking point will be weather it spirals to the left of the right - we cant have it both ways.

pv4
06-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Only sticking point will be weather it spirals to the left of the right - we cant have it both ways.

If it goes counter-clockwise won't that turn back time?

Some serious discussions are needed on this topic - I hope the Fellowship of the Jerks are up to the task and can come to logicial conclusions on these vital issues.

MFKS
06-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Get two installed

The more that are on the slide the less can focus on the rabble at Jets HQ

belchardo
06-11-2014, 12:28 PM
serious question and you may not know the answer yet. if we send through a query directly to you guys, does it make it on to the agenda or is it only those queries raised through the official(ly censored) channels?

Jeterpool
06-11-2014, 12:41 PM
There hasn't been a meeting yet so we really don't know how it will work. I expect the committee will be there to review suggestions and assist the Jets in prioritizing any initiatives they take forward.

What I suggest is we make a designated thread for questions to be raised so they can be centrally collated. I also think a twitter profile and facebook page would be good for gaining feedback or receiving questions.

Further, if you are posting a suggestion - instead of just being a gripe, give us a solution as well. That makes things much easier when these discussion come up.

belchardo
06-11-2014, 02:41 PM
instead of just being a gripe, give us a solution as well

steady on son, that's a pretty bloody revolutionary idea there! :)

GazFish35
06-11-2014, 03:04 PM
serious question and you may not know the answer yet. if we send through a query directly to you guys, does it make it on to the agenda or is it only those queries raised through the official(ly censored) channels?

I'm hoping so, but as Jeterpool said we've not met yet.

Blackmac79
06-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Will Gav and Jeterpool will vote as a block?

How can we ensure that censoring of fans does not occur?

I would like to know the political leanings of each individual on the committee.

la bazzle
06-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Poor Gaz must be a bit filthy they got his name wrong. Gavin ffs do your research jets

GazFish35
06-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Poor Gaz must be a bit filthy they got his name wrong. Gavin ffs do your research jets

i will have this sorted once the electoral roll recognises "a few drunk mates at he football insist I look like a gary" as a legimate reason to offically change my name

GazFish35
06-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Will Gav and Jeterpool will vote as a block?

How can we ensure that censoring of fans does not occur?

I would like to know the political leanings of each individual on the committee.

1. yes - we will be the red and black bloc
2. no fans present - only air conditioning in the prawn sandwich section we are now in.
3. I lean to the left, i lean to the right....... you know how the song goes

Jeterpool
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM
As new volunteer employees of tinks we look forward to our brown paper bags for Christmas.

plague
06-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Ok here's my questions for the first meeting.
1. What is the Jets position on gay marriage?
2. Israel or Palestine?
3. Should we raise the GST or broaden its base.

My solution:
Put Paul Keating or John Howard back in charge they got shit done farkern.

MFKS
06-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Ok here's my questions for the first meeting.
1. What is the Jets position on gay marriage?
Leviticus 18 says it all
2. Israel or Palestine?
Neither both are not ****ing enjoyable places to holiday
3. Should we raise the GST or broaden its base.
Remove income tax and the rest of the taxes. Close the ATO cause they are parasites and ramp up the GST and **** up those in cash paying industries

Done

la bazzle
07-11-2014, 12:01 AM
i will have this sorted once the electoral roll recognises "a few drunk mates at he football insist I look like a gary" as a legimate reason to offically change my name

Sounds legit enough to me

Jeterpool
10-11-2014, 03:25 PM
All - as a note, the first meeting is scheduled to be held on the 1st of December. I don't want to pre-empt any discussions at this stage because I have had a few people sending through ideas and suggestions but when the time comes, they will be raised.

pv4
10-11-2014, 03:29 PM
All - as a note, the first meeting is scheduled to be held on the 1st of December. I don't want to pre-empt any discussions at this stage because I have had a few people sending through ideas and suggestions but when the time comes, they will be raised.

I'm expecting answers to all my questions - including the SD pool one.

BodyNovo
10-11-2014, 03:35 PM
priority on the pool one

hausmann
10-11-2014, 03:56 PM
instead of just being a gripe, give us a solution as well. That makes things much easier when these discussion come up.

Well I don't care whether the waterslide turns left or right, so long as it spirals downwards in an uncontrollable fashion. The I want a sign at the top saying First game of season and a sign near the end which says "Top 6 is above this line" as you slide under it. I want the pool filled with wooden spoons and you have to pick one up and hand it to the attendant if you want to go again.

BodyNovo
10-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Well I don't care whether the waterslide turns left or right, so long as it spirals downwards in an uncontrollable fashion. The I want a sign at the top saying First game of season and a sign near the end which says "Top 6 is above this line" as you slide under it. I want the pool filled with wooden spoons and you have to pick one up and hand it to the attendant if you want to go again.

now theirs a pool i'm used to sliding down

q-money
10-11-2014, 04:02 PM
could do with a rockery and maybe some ferns

sammydog
10-11-2014, 04:07 PM
One question for the first meeting.

The pregame music. If NTUA is ever going to get traction, it needs to be when the players walk on the pitch, not a few minutes before when nothing is happening.

So many people in our area Bay 55 were openly questioning what the Jets were trying to achieve with the music they were playing when the players walked on, up until kick off. That stuff needs to go, replace it with NTUA.

I'll send that to the Jets as well.

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 04:42 PM
could do with a rockery and maybe some ferns

How about a mockery and some Furnz

belchardo
10-11-2014, 07:45 PM
How about a mockery and some Furnz

Ockery and urns?

plague
10-11-2014, 08:00 PM
One question for the first meeting.

The pregame music. If NTUA is ever going to get traction, it needs to be when the players walk on the pitch, not a few minutes before when nothing is happening.

So many people in our area Bay 55 were openly questioning what the Jets were trying to achieve with the music they were playing when the players walked on, up until kick off. That stuff needs to go, replace it with NTUA.

I'll send that to the Jets as well.

I think the 'hype guy' on the mic should talk over it a bit more. There was a bit there where you could actually hear the song.

The whole pre match experience went downhill when they stopped playing Nero.

MFKS
10-11-2014, 08:12 PM
I think the 'hype guy' on the mic should talk over it a bit more. There was a bit there where you could actually hear the song.

The whole pre match experience went downhill when they stopped playing Nero.

Whoever the person was who hired the Hype Guy needs firing cause they have NFI at all. Whoever hired the kids to try and dance should also be fired cause they have No ****ing idea.

The only thing that should be played in the last 20 mins pre kick off is NTUA. Other than that this period should be complete quiet from the PA bloke and allow the fans fire themselves up. Let the silence make the noise grow

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 08:19 PM
let the silence make the noise grow

Might help chants grow. Without a pesky game of football to distract everyone some decent singing (from anywhere in the ground) might start to spread.

MFKS
10-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Might help chants grow. Without a pesky game of football to distract everyone some decent singing (from anywhere in the ground) might start to spread.

Precisely. Works elsewhere in the world quite well.

The shit blasting out of the speakers is a ****ing disgrace.
NTUA had just finished Bay 60 started up something else and was drowned out by complete shit noise that no **** wants to hear anyway.
How the **** is that building atmosphere when the club is ****ing allowing some **** to kill it by playing shit noise that adds nothing to the equation??

Sure play some music 30 mins before kick off while the ground is filling up and the players are warming up but as the game draws closer **** it off and let the crowd build the atmosphere.

sammydog
10-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Not wrong on the dickhead speaking over NTUA on the mic.

So, do we all have to bombard the club with emails to get this on the agenda at the committee meeting?

If it were generally silent on the PA for the lead up to the game (other than announcement of squad etc) and the squadron got some simple stuff going, I think you would get people around involved. But as it stands, forget it because the crap drowns you out.

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Not wrong on the dickhead speaking over NTUA on the mic.

So, do we all have to bombard the club with emails to get this on the agenda at the committee meeting?

If it were generally silent on the PA for the lead up to the game (other than announcement of squad etc) and the squadron got some simple stuff going, I think you would get people around involved. But as it stands, forget it because the crap drowns you out.

Email away I reckon.
It's how the club has asked for initial submissions, and that "game day" atmosphere is one thing they want feedback on.

It's been an issue since that "eggo" dude from nxfm (I think) used to do it too.

furns
10-11-2014, 08:57 PM
be assured that any issues raised here will be raised by us if they arent already on the agenda

MFKS
10-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Also MR Fish any chance on an entirely safety perspective can the committee speak to the club about the length of these lanyards in the Members Pack??

The thing seems to be getting shorter and shorter every year.

You used to be able to grab hold of your membership card and wave it under the ticket scanners with ease. To do so now you are almost choked out by the lanyard squeezing your throat as you have to bend down to get the thing anywhere near it.

Am concerned also that as the thing is getting to the size of a noose that some poor sod may decide to take the easy option and neck themselves mid game just to avoid watching any more of the attempts made by the players of trying to play football

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Will raise it.

Can you measure a the length of one that you felt suitable and report back.

Lanyards can have safety releases built in to stop choking, but that means you can have yours swiped from sorrounding your neck easily.

It may well be linked to the thickness of the cards.

sammydog
Wouldn't it pull the back of your neck when you put it in the scanner, without taking the lanyard off or do you go for the more advanced ticketing move and put the ticket in behind your back allowing the lanyard to pull on your throat.

Either that or your heads on backwards?

Is it just me or are the scarves shorter this season?

GazFish35
Might ask them to raise the height of the ticket scanners to solve the lanyard issue. :)

Thomas477
10-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Here's one for you guys, why is the colour of the lanyards for the matchday hospitality tickets "Coastie" Yellow? Is a disc-race.

plague
10-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Might ask them to raise the height of the ticket scanners to solve the lanyard issue. :)

Great. Now you've just gone and done pissed off all our dwarf supporters.
Expect a letter in the mail.

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 09:24 PM

We can have a range of heights on the turnstiles. Line up tallest to shortest etc etc.

Oops!

Then next week smallest to shortest.

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Here's one for you guys, why is the colour of the lanyards for the matchday hospitality tickets "Coastie" Yellow? Is a disc-race.

Maybe it matches the cocktail sauce on the prawn sandwiches.

But I take your point, there shouldn't be any yellow anywhere.
I've heard that WSW office staff won't let people in the front door if they are wearing sky blue.

MFKS
10-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't it pull the back of your neck when you put it in the scanner, without taking the lanyard off or do you go for the more advanced ticketing move and put the ticket in behind your back allowing the lanyard to pull on your throat.

Either that or your heads on backwards?

Is it just me or are the scarves shorter this season?
Ticket to the side of the body near your arm /shoulder as the rest of you stands poised waiting for the starters gate to open sees the thing pull on your neck.

Actually Mr Fish I have been stockpiling my lanyards in a draw at home so should be able to dig them out and do some research on this pressing issue before anyone dies and measure the length

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Can you provide the measurements in units of season ticket thicket thickness?

Eg the 2009 lanyard length was the same as the height of 64.5 season tickets stacked on each other.

sammydog
10-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Here is a photo to illustrate MFKS point.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=896&d=1415616409

2014/2015
2013/2014
2012/2013
2011/2012
2008/2009

MFKS
10-11-2014, 10:01 PM
2012/2013
2011/2012

Had those extra couple of inches to get the job done.

The girls always reckon an extra couple of inches are needed to get the job done right

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 10:11 PM
11/12 and 12/13

Are those "clip on/clip off" things any good for turnstile navigating?

sammydog
10-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Personally, I hate the clip on things.

The 08/09 is my go to key ring lanyard.

Actually, looking at the pic, every season we have had lanyards we have been shit. Just get rid of the things.

MFKS
10-11-2014, 10:28 PM
11/12 and 12/13

Are those "clip on/clip off" things any good for turnstile navigating?

In theory you could press the button release the ticket to your hand deal with the ticket scanner and clip it back on and walk to your seat easily if you so desired.

I never done that

I am more of the leave it hanging around the neck try and get it under the scanner type of guy hence the drama with the length of the lanyard

lquiquer
10-11-2014, 10:40 PM
In theory you could press the button release the ticket to your hand deal with the ticket scanner and clip it back on and walk to your seat easily if you so desired.

I never done that

I am more of the leave it hanging around the neck try and get it under the scanner type of guy hence the drama with the length of the lanyard

They should make it elastic next year...but..Don't let it go after dealing with ticket scanner or watch for your nose!!!!

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Member you need to attach your card to one of retractable key-ring things. I'll find you one on eBay.

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1016500392_1/2013-fashion-Breakaway-font-b-Multi-b-font-font-b-Color-b-font-Rhinestone-font-b.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.aliexpress.com/popular/multi-colored-lanyards.html&h=951&w=600&tbnid=ynGL1x1-ZPY5LM:&zoom=1&docid=mdbn7qftWEaAkM&hl=en&ei=PapgVJrNN-ihmQWT5YKoDw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCgQMygMMAw

GazFish35
10-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Hold the phone!

Found the solution!

http://youtu.be/VrrvFS3HiBU

plague
10-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Ticket to the side of the body near your arm /shoulder as the rest of you stands poised waiting for the starters gate to open sees the thing pull on your neck.

What makes you think those things are supposed to go around your neck?
Some of you blokes have been doing it missionary all your life huh.

http://m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/3/005/05a/344/1070a4c.jpg

hawk
10-11-2014, 11:45 PM

We can have a range of heights on the turnstiles. Line up tallest to shortest etc etc.

Oops!

Then next week smallest to shortest.

see all the real issues covered. :roflz:

permission to have people on the ground for after full time for kickz.

GazFish35
11-11-2014, 07:14 AM
permission to have people on the ground for after full time for kickz.

This.

pv4
11-11-2014, 07:24 AM
This.

Half time heros!!

joel31
15-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Can you ask the club if we can have an online Q and A like we did a few times under GVE? both with Robbie and Stubbins and maybe Baartz

GazFish35
15-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Can do.

Nacho Monreal recently did a QnA on twitter and was asked " can we swap you for an actual bowl of nachos"

GazFish35
15-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Joel31

Send it to the club too. Not sure yet how much of the eh ends can come from the committee members ourselves. At this point they're asking for issues to go through the club.

A communication path I'd like to reverse.

BodyNovo
15-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Biggest issue. Besides a few the players have absolutely zero relationship with the fans.

Last night all the players except regan, Virgilli (newy boys) and Madaschi, Gallagher (new players) had the decency to walk round.

In Wellington win lose or draw all fans are invited to a post match function and it's great. They have a smaller fan base but every fan can at least say they have some form of relations with the players

lquiquer
15-11-2014, 11:11 AM
Biggest issue. Besides a few the players have absolutely zero relationship with the fans.

Last night all the players except regan, Virgilli (newy boys) and Madaschi, Gallagher (new players) had the decency to walk round.

In Wellington win lose or draw all fans are invited to a post match function and it's great. They have a smaller fan base but every fan can at least say they have some form of relations with the players

Just turn up on the cafe scene early afternoon and they might shout u a latté

The Dunster
15-11-2014, 11:18 AM
I have no interest in meeting players after the game, and aside from fans with school boy crushes on players I doubt many others would either.

I'd much rather see the players keep to themselves and concentrate on what matters which used to be playing quality football.

MFKS
15-11-2014, 12:06 PM

Issue is not whether people have so and so as a friend on Facebook or have had a chat to the players about whatever it is about those blokes actually taking on board the concept that they play for us not their pay check not their career but us. WE WILL STILL BE HERE AFTER THEY HAVE GONE

The fans turn up in good numbers considering the dross played by these blokes, last night the active support carved it up all night and even at FT the reaction they got in my opinion was pretty mellow with a bit of booing and what do we get back from them??

A captain who won't celebrate with the fans when he scores a bunch of blokes who need to be told to go thank the away fans and a pile of listless uninspiring displays from blokes who appear to not give a flying **** about their fans at all.

Until these blokes get it through their heads that this is important then no amount of fan interaction at post game functions will do shit

Biggest issue I have here is the NEWY Boys in the squad. They are the ones who are the longest serving at the club as we rid ourselves of half a squad every season and they are the ones who should GET what it is that we feel. They are not driving the culture at the club strongly enough so the rest of the non Newy born and bred players GET IT.

Hell get this sorted and we may actually have 11 blokes inspired enough to win a game Versus the Gypos FFS

The Dunster
15-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Asking employees to have the same passion for their jobs as fans do for their respective clubs is going too far.

It's this sort of thing that will drive an even bigger wedge between the players and the fans.

MFKS
15-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Asking employees to have the same passion for their jobs as fans do for their respective clubs is going too far.

It's this sort of thing that will drive an even bigger wedge between the players and the fans.

As I ain't no plastic fanboi of some EPL side or other glamour Euro side as I only support this rabble of shite maybe some **** can enlighten me but from where I sit as a neutral watching world football events unfold that these highly paid EPL stars La Liga stars etc at least give the impression they are actually playing for their fans of their club for the 90 mins they are on the park (Balotelli excluded) regardless of how much of a mercenary they are with Transfers wage demands etc.

Hell You could even argue from watching the HAL the other 9 teams their players at least show some degree of interest in embracing their fans and not snubbing them.

Why are our blokes any different???

The Dunster
15-11-2014, 05:01 PM
La Liga and EPL players are a higher class prostitute who specialise in making the fans feel like they actually give a **** - which they probably don't.

Our players are the equivalent of an Islington street hooker that is full of aids, with bad teeth, and a box full of their last ten clients.

The Dunster
15-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Question for Middleby, Baartz, Stubbins, and the players.

Why do you hate Jets fans ?

Jeterpool
20-11-2014, 08:35 AM
All, the Sub-committee members are required to submit items for discussion to the Jets prior to the meeting.

If you have a topic, related to membership, matchday experience or member engagement that you wish for us (i.e. GazFish, Furns or me) to submit please either post in this forum or PM one of us. If there is an issue, please post a suggestion on how you feel it can be resolved - this will be a big help!

Given the anticipated number of agenda items, some items may be pushed to later meetings. However, we'll give you feedback on this.

BodyNovo
20-11-2014, 08:39 AM
- post game venue (what happened to the duke)
- connections with fans throughout the season (there is a lack of)
- pre-match PA, complete silence besides team announcement 20 mins from kickoff
- member packs (there poor end of)
- and the biggest one, why is the wanderers home game our biggest of the season, coast at home is.

BodyNovo
20-11-2014, 08:39 AM
oh and a swimming pool on both hills

Jeterpool
20-11-2014, 08:47 AM
- post game venue (what happened to the duke)
- connections with fans throughout the season (there is a lack of)
- pre-match PA, complete silence besides team announcement 20 mins from kickoff
- member packs (there poor end of)
- and the biggest one, why is the wanderers home game our biggest of the season, coast at home is.

Thanks

Jeterpool
20-11-2014, 08:51 AM
A number of people have raised the membership packs contents as an issue. What I've taken from this so far is:

* The lanyard isn't long enough. I personally liked the one that could clip the card off the end. Would people like this as a solution?
* The fixtures need to be a magnet again, not the bit of paper like this year.
* Would people like something instead of a scarf? or hat?
* Members cards need to be thicker.
* cards need to retain printing in chlorine environments (assuming the pool is chlorine, not fresh water)

I haven't ever purchased a kids membership, so what are they like? They seem to get a backpack every year. Would something else be better? How about a football? pencil case for school?

Thougths on this appreciated

GazFish35
20-11-2014, 08:57 AM
There needs to be a mechanism whereby whoever steps up, can be contacted by the "major stakeholder group" they supposedly represent and actually provide relevant feedback. The club could do this by giving a page on the website with a short blurb about each person and how to contact them (club email perhaps, no need for a phone number?). Honestly, if a person who steps up isn't willing to be contactable by someone who wants to raise an issue, then they shouldn't be there as they don't represent anyone but themselves and anything they offer won't be representative of the wider cross section of the crowd and members.

I've put this (or something similar) forward.

Will add it to my next email.

Jeterpool
20-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Pv4 - I've got your list too.

pv4
20-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Pv4 - I've got your list too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuedZ1Y_dU4

GazFish35
20-11-2014, 11:49 AM
orite - ive done a quick scan of the thread and with trying not to double on on stuff jeterpool has already noted, heers a list of ideas posted......I'm going to synthesise them a bit and group similar issues together and email them through on behlaf of everyone.
theres some goos things in here - some massive chnages, some small ones, all that can have a positive impact o fthe club and its relationship with the fans...

if your idea isnt on the list, let us know (ithasnt been missed intentiaonally)
- if you want to flesh things out more please do, either in here or by PM - or on facebook if you want

Im expecting the first meeting to be an overloaded agenda and to everything will ber discussed, but a genuine list of serious topics gives the group a serious starting pioint and can serve to demonstrate to the club the sheer volume of passion interest and supprt that exisst.

1. There needs to be a mechanism whereby whoever steps up, can be contacted by the "major stakeholder group" they supposedly represent and actually provide relevant feedback. The club could do this by giving a page on the website with a short blurb about each person and how to contact them (club email perhaps, no need for a phone number?). Honestly, if a person who steps up isn't willing to be contactable by someone who wants to raise an issue, then they shouldn't be there as they don't represent anyone but themselves and anything they offer won't be representative of the wider cross section of the crowd and members.

2. Beside that, first thing to push for is for a maximum length the members can serve on the committee for. Maybe a senate type arrangement where half are only appointed for the first year, then go to reselection for a new 2 year term, while the other 3 serve their 2 years, then reselection etc. Shouldn't become a monopoly for a few people to control for a long time.

3. Better links with schools - football oriented PDHPE and HSIE units, it's the world game, we preach respect in football - there's direct links that can be made.

4. Facilitating school gala days - in high school rugby league has a large presence, football needs the same.... A Jets Cup based on gala days not knockouts..... For yr3/4/5/6/7/8. Much of this happens for other sports because other sports get into schools better than football can afford to do.... But more can be done. ---- Schools are the biggest particpant base that are waiting to be organised. Youd be suprised how much football isnt played in schools today.
Weekly PSSA football has dropped alarmingly due to the push for performing Arts and the huge female contingent now in primary schools that are not quite as passionate or more likely just havent the time to do this.
Bit off the supporter base but growing the game, Maybe get the Jets on board to help lower rego fees u/6 to u/10 within the 3 local feds.

5. Kit manufacturer - I'm yet to get a kooga/blk shirt, but the isc kit was so bloody uncomfortable, seek shirts people might want to actually wear.

6. Keep E&C in our away kit permemantly.... I fear reading the current stufff that it might have not been a two season thing. At the evry least enageg with the supporterbase through online polls about kit changes and kit design compeitions.

7. Increase communication about major decisions...... The eastern stand was shut, not reason other than "operations" was given..... If it's too expensive to staff it and clean it, just be honest and say so.

8. I'd love to see the club increase merchandising targeted for families and kids such as cheap pencil cases, lunch boxes etc the nrl corner this market and football needs to get in on the act.

9. Make the stadium (in know state venues run it) more "newcastle" the new stands feel very much like concrete buildings, I'd love to see the concourses behind the stands be covered with images of past newcastle glories, football and rugby league. There's lot of grey brick that could be red/blue, green/brown.

make the Stadium more Newy. Not an Arsenal but When I went to Emirates wandered around the joint looking and reading about it's history. Was awesome. The fact there is no permanent reminder of '08 (or the Knights '97 and '01) is sad.

10. Cut the entertainment. Football crowds want to see football not failed Aussie Idol contestants. Sync the Youth league/W League to play on same day to give customers 2 games instead of one. This can be done with all parties working together.

11. Take the match entertainment budget and spend it on pop up bars/snackstalls for the pre match and half time rush. It's pathetic I can get a beer/water quicker at Emirates/Anfield/Yokohama stadium than at our place with 10k. use your leverage as tenant to demand change.

12. would love it if at some point we looked at celebrating the Emerald & Cinnamon of the Newcastle flag. The history of the flag colours (given that the 35th battalion formed in 1915 it can be made as part of a centenary celebration) and the symbolism of the crest are quite interesting and still very relevant today. If kids could take the flags home and keep it might be a good education tool for them about their city/region.

I think a lot of novocastrians are a bit ignorant of why E&C was chosen for the away strip. It would be good if the supporters, club mass produced the newcastle city flag to be waved at a game. I'm thinking a small soft plastic flag like those mini Australian flags people have on Australia Day.

Maybe the Newcastle City Council or a sponsor could help subsidise the production of these, with a sponsor getting to print their name on the flag and the players could wear the Emerald and Cinnamon on the ground.

13. Build a culture of no YELLOW – it kits, in merch, in any way associated with the club.

14. permission to have people on the ground for after full time for kickz.

15. online Q and A’s like we did a few times under GVE? both with Robbie and Stubbins and maybe Baartz

Jeterpool
20-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Im expecting the first meeting to be an overloaded agenda and to everything will ber discussed, but a genuine list of serious topics gives the group a serious starting pioint and can serve to demonstrate to the club the sheer volume of passion interest and supprt that exisst.

I think this will be the case too. If people can give some indication on here what they think are the big-hitters, the ones that are the most important issues, and if we need to establish a priority we are acting in the interest of the fans.

For those interested, I've lodged the following. I have tried to avoid repeating what Gaz has raised, while raising those issues which have been raised with me directly.

• It has been perceived by a number of members that the quality of the contents in the members (adult) kits is decreasing. For example, the list of fixtures used to be a magnet but this year was a flyer. The length and flexibility of the lanyard has decreased – people would prefer the style that are longer and have the clip removal section on the end as per a few seasons ago so they can wear it on their neck and remove it to swipe through the turnstile.
• Can the contents of the adult kits be varied? Long serving members have accumulated a number of scarves and hats. While I don’t have the answer I’d be interested to see what others think.
• The number of opportunities for engagement with the players is only at the annual pre-season fan day. In the past events at Lambton Park have also been held. Would the club look at doing more engagement of events for members to engage with the players.
• Would the club consider a fan-designed kit as a competition to seek engagement? Proceeds from sales could go to a nominated charity, perhaps.
• Members discounts – merchandise. $10 off is a good incentive to buy merchandise, however, if it was 10% off as it used to be, I’d be inclined to buy more – i.e. 2 new shirts this season have been released.
• Members discounts – food and beverage. While I understand that Hunter Venues run the food and beverage at the stadium, could the club negotiate with the ground to offer season ticket holders a discount at the tills? This not only encourages people to become members but will more than likely increase sales because people would be more likely to buy food if there is a discount.
• Away ticket prices suggestion – Could the club approach the FFA for a coordinated review on discounting away fan ticket prices for ticketed season members. The cost, for example, to support our team in Melbourne or Adelaide, where flights, transport, accommodation and food quickly adds up. However fans may be more encouraged to travel if the ticket price is subsidised and it rewards those of us who commit to a season of support as opposed to those who attend a few matches per season.
• Matches against international club sides – this was originally flagged as an intention of the club. Is this still on the clubs radar or a direction the club are still wanting to head?
• It is evident ticketed membership numbers have been reducing for the last few seasons. Has the club identified this as a risk to the organisation and have they developed strategies to address the downward trend? Are the club willing to share some of the strategies they are implementing to turn this situation around?

MFKS
20-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Big Issue Sort the shit out with that dickhead on the PA and **** the music off and **** off anything they do with the way the club ****s around with noise hindering NTUA.

This needs to be got right.

sammydog
20-11-2014, 01:48 PM
What he said, And it needs to be played when the players are coming on the pitch, not 5 minutes prior.

hausmann
20-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a full agenda. The only comment I would make about all this is that I think for the Supporters Forum to be useful, it has to encourage people to be stronger supporters and help the club to be stronger.

I'm not a big one for asking for discounts on things unless there is a good business case that it will either be profitable to do it or that there is some other intangible benefit. I think the club would look favourably on ideas if they were aimed at bringing more people and money into the club, as well as strengthening the spirit around the club. Almost guaranteed that they would ignore ideas that are expensive without any tangible benefit to them.

plague
21-11-2014, 10:32 AM
OK, heres an idea.
Stadium capacity is what 30k? we are currently getting 11K and at best 15k yeah? so thats a good 15-20K empty seats every week at our ground.
Why not start to put the empty seats to good use and maybe actually engage in the football community a bit more.
From next season (but the work would have to start now). Every day home game you take those 2 emabarassingly empty ex-squadron bays ((isnt there about 1,500-2000 seats there?) and give those tickets away.
Not just to anyone, but you go to all the clubs in the NNSW area and say to them, "on this date (home game x) all of your under 6,7 and 8 teams are going to get one free ticket per player and 2 x adults tickets per team (coach/manager/chaparone). That would work out about 10 tickets per team, so we could accomodate 150-200 teams per home game.(Someone could easily get the numbers on how many 6/7/8 are registered in NNSW to divide up more accurately).
if the club was really organised (yes, im a dreamer) they could even encourage the kids to wear their club colours to help promote the local teams and let them all do a lap around the oval at half time as a way to enhance their experience.
what this does:
engages jets with local clubs (put the onus on the local club to organise their kids they have all the relevant contacts anyway).
fills empty seats with hopefully future season ticket holders.
encourages parents to get (paid) tickets for the same game to see their kid do lap of honour.
maybe makes fans for life of families who would maybe not have bothered.
says thanks to the many parents who coach/manage/organise at a local level.
maybe gets other families at the Jets games/at home watching thinking of getting their own kids involved in football.

this is the bare bones of the idea but seriously, all we hear about is "community engagement" from this lot and what are really getting? a freaking sausage sizzle and the odd appearance on a thursday night at westfield (late nights are great times for young kids to meet their heroes).
here is a way to get extra people (football people) directly involved in the Jets gameday experience. and what would it cost? the ground is open, the games are on anyway, and the individual clubs can do all the legwork to get their kids organised.

GazFish35
21-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Great idea - i just sent it in.

Beeen
21-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Thats way too much effort for the club to deal with. You've just handed them an idea that really should've been implemented yonks ago. Nup sorry, nexxxxxt

Bremsstrahlung
21-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Could be like the old maccas man of the match certificates. Throughout the season, give the junior clubs a game voucher to be redeemed come jets season. I guess there's many different ways to implement the idea.

I do agree though, giving away tickets to juniors should have happened ages ago. Club will probably claim they give away enough to the half time "entertainment" kids.

plague
21-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Thats way too much effort for the club to deal with. You've just handed them an idea that really should've been implemented yonks ago. Nup sorry, nexxxxxt

yeah ive had this idea for ever but thought it would be a bit silly. now that Plague Jnr has started playing its been a real eye opener as to how much fun these little dudes have every weekend, and just how organised and hard working the local clubs are. to reward them and at the same time give the kids an even bigger reason to play football should be something the Jets are actively chasing. sadly though, my little dude has met more Jets at dineaway that he has through any official channels.

oh and to be totally fair, every time my little dude has approached any of the Jets they have been so great to him. always saying hello, high fiving (Heskey and Tiago gave him large ones) to craig goodwin crawling under a rack at coles to retrieve his toy car. they are a great group of embassadors for our city i just wish the club would showcase that a bit more.

lquiquer
25-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Big Issue Sort the shit out with that dickhead on the PA and **** the music off and **** off anything they do with the way the club ****s around with noise hindering NTUA.

^ agree...... And at least if PA bloke still yapping just before NTUA starts maybe he should urge the crowd to put their scarf up above their head and sing along........

GazFish35
26-11-2014, 06:44 PM
A few years ago some guys on the southern hill started regularly brining inflatables to the last home game. We promoted it a bit in theJetstream. I think we pushed for a 'retro' day too.... And the club ran the old boys day last season.

I reckon regular themed match days that let the crowd have fun might be a good culture to build. Not one each week, but significant games each year, like 1st home game, last home game, etc

I'm thinking of suggesting that 'inflatables day' should be a permanent event on the last home game.
And that 'old boys' day also needs to be a regular fixture.

Thouhts?

Jeterpool
26-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Old boys day yes. Very very much so

Beeen
26-11-2014, 07:42 PM

Have a real go member. But yes i do agree.

belchardo
26-11-2014, 08:08 PM
A few years ago some guys on the southern hill started regularly brining inflatables to the last home game. We promoted it a bit in theJetstream. I think we pushed for a 'retro' day too.... And the club ran the old boys day last season.

I reckon regular themed match days that let the crowd have fun might be a good culture to build. Not one each week, but significant games each year, like 1st home game, last home game, etc

I'm thinking of suggesting that 'inflatables day' should be a permanent event on the last home game.

Thouhts?

You just want SD to bring a blow up pool.

ToddG NBUnited
27-11-2014, 12:05 AM

Thouhts?

I'll have to check but i'm pretty sure that Men of Football plan to have their old boys day on the last home game of each season.

hausmann
27-11-2014, 07:57 AM
I think we should look at how baseball does opening day in the US. We don't have to do it exactly like that but I like the idea because it tries to set a tone for the season and welcome the supporters back to the stadium. The idea is to turn the precinct around the stadium into a bit of a festive atmosphere, maybe stalls, bands, temporary bars etc.

furns
28-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Have sent my agenda items through:
Supporters Forums, increase Jets visibility in Newy & Hunter area, coaching clinics, pregame stuff (inc ground announcer)

pv4
28-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Have sent my agenda items through:
Supporters Forums, increase Jets visibility in Newy & Hunter area, coaching clinics, pregame stuff (inc ground announcer)

There is a distinct lack of pools in your agenda items.

furns
28-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I also mentioned inflatables day, forgot to put that down

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 07:31 AM
last one from me

last 2 home games (results maybe have something to do with it) a lot of players have trudged around the field and just clapped from a distance and than gone straight up the tunnel. the kids of today already have to support a poor on the field performance team the least they could get is a photo and a high five. i also saw a select few go straight up the tunnel without going round.

take griff for example bloke did the whole field took every photo and signed every autograph.

Jeterpool
01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
last one from me

last 2 home games (results maybe have something to do with it) a lot of players have trudged around the field and just clapped from a distance and than gone straight up the tunnel. the kids of today already have to support a poor on the field performance team the least they could get is a photo and a high five. i also saw a select few go straight up the tunnel without going round.

take griff for example bloke did the whole field took every photo and signed every autograph.

Thanks Body. The agenda item for tonight's meeting has already been submitted and I don't believe it was on Gaz's and definitely not on mine. If it's not raised tonight, we'll raise it next meeting or if the opportunity arises.

hausmann
01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
NTUA was given a better run before the game. A few people around me took it up. I think its good to have the MC rev up the crowd for it until people get used to singing it.

The only issue was that we were singing it and waiting for the players to walk out the tunnel, but they didn't come out and by that time most people, including me had lost interest. They need to coordinate the song with the player entrance so that the players are walking out just as the first verse is being sung. It's too late by the time you get to the sax solo.

Jeterpool
01-12-2014, 01:46 PM
NTUA was given a better run before the game. A few people around me took it up. I think its good to have the MC rev up the crowd for it until people get used to singing it.

The only issue was that we were singing it and waiting for the players to walk out the tunnel, but they didn't come out and by that time most people, including me had lost interest. They need to coordinate the song with the player entrance so that the players are walking out just as the first verse is being sung. It's too late by the time you get to the sax solo.

I think the walk out is based on the TV, isn't it?

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 02:15 PM
i know on field performances aren't up for discussion

but just sneak in some griff for captain coach any chance you get

thanks

sammydog
01-12-2014, 02:44 PM

They did try by starting the song a second time when the players came out.

It was a much better effort from the club, just need to work on the timing.

But the crap music in the lead up to the game either needs to go, or be turned down.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 03:21 PM
the mc bloke just can't stop talking, honestly cut the music, and let the atmosphere look after itself.

i was in the ground for the whole hour before kickoff and it was terrible

this is why people only arrive 5 mins before kickoff.

belchardo
01-12-2014, 04:15 PM
did they play NTUA at half time as well or was I hearing things?

traffic light
01-12-2014, 06:15 PM

I dont think we should need to coordinate this. Besides its too tricky with tv lineups.

We should sing it knowing the players are about to come then we can cheer them as they come out. O/S teams put their anthem on pregame no worries.

Footyhead
01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
But the crap music in the lead up to the game either needs to go, or be turned down.

I was sitting in bay 5 lower seats and I swear the speakers were in the seat right behind me. Couldn't talk without shouting, headache before the game started. Maybe I'm showing my age but ffs it was LOUD

MFKS
01-12-2014, 07:52 PM
the mc bloke just can't stop talking, honestly cut the music, and let the atmosphere look after itself.

i was in the ground for the whole hour before kickoff and it was terrible

this is why people only arrive 5 mins before kickoff.

Not trying to have a pop here but if the fans actually kick off the singing an chanting etc say 15-20 mins before KO then we are then within our rights to tell the club to **** off as they are drowning out the atmosphere.

If the fans only start up at NTUA then the club can argue the case the MC bloke is a ledge etc

IE make the case compelling the club HAS TO stop the music/noise/shit etc from the PA

sammydog
01-12-2014, 09:31 PM
I was sitting in bay 5 lower seats and I swear the speakers were in the seat right behind me. Couldn't talk without shouting, headache before the game started. Maybe I'm showing my age but ffs it was LOUD

My 7 year old was complaining about it, so there is another demographic that doesn't like it.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 08:02 AM
First meeting of the committee last night went really well. There was some excellent discussions and the club will be sending out meeting minutes in the near future. Topics that were discussed in the first meeting included:

* NTUA and the associated timing
* Access to committee members
* Involvement of the committee in major decisions impacting the club (within reason)
* Enhancing the matchday experience
* Increasing the interactions of the members with the squadron.

There were others, but I don't have the agenda in front of me.

plague
02-12-2014, 08:34 AM
First meeting of the committee last night went really well. There was some excellent discussions and the club will be sending out meeting minutes in the near future. Topics that were discussed in the first meeting included:

* NTUA and the associated timing
* Access to committee members
* Involvement of the committee in major decisions impacting the club (within reason)
* Enhancing the matchday experience
* Increasing the interactions of the members with the squadron.

There were others, but I don't have the agenda in front of me.

Can we ask who was there representing the club?

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Can we ask who was there representing the club?

Brooke Cousins - Membership Manager
Mark Duffield Thomas - Marketing Manager
Robbie Middleby (Partial) who left after 30 minutes but said he will be at future meetings.

BodyNovo
02-12-2014, 09:46 AM
was gerard laws present?

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 09:48 AM
was gerard laws present?

No. Who is he?

BodyNovo
02-12-2014, 09:53 AM
jets media manager and is ex cove member

Good individual when it comes to all this stuff as he is a football fan first

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Ah right.

No he wasn't but it was a pretty full room. Doesn't exclude him from future meetings, however.

Bremsstrahlung
02-12-2014, 10:49 AM
I dont think we should need to coordinate this. Besides its too tricky with tv lineups.

We should sing it knowing the players are about to come then we can cheer them as they come out. O/S teams put their anthem on pregame no worries.

Arguably the world's most famous "anthem" YNWA occurs after players have shaken hands, and the coin toss is going down, while they are all out there knocking the ball around and doing final preparations. Granted, the time between shaking hands and actual kick off is a little longer in the EPL, but finishing with NTUA just after kick off may not be such a bad thing.
I think NTUA needs to happen when the players are out on the field. To have it's desired effect.

Crowd participation in NTUA was quite poor imo. How many seasons have we been singing it now? I don't necessarily know the answer on how to get more involved, or what has been attempted. Pamphlet drop, words on the big screen with montage. idk.

GazFish35
02-12-2014, 11:23 AM
all these things were discussed in regards to NTUA and the club are now accutely aware of the desire from a cross section of fans for this to work. they want it to work too. its now amatter of the dialouge remaining open to get it to work. the timing, the PA use, the teams walk out etc etc were all discussed. I'm confident of it getting resolved - its a matter of fitting it in with other external demands - and this was not offered as an excuse, but a reality of the difficulty of getting it right.

needeless to say i think it will get better - big thing now is for everyone to keep singing it!

joel31
02-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Are you able to post a minutes or summary of what was resolved from the meeting?

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 05:47 PM
The jets will be doing that mate.

pv4
02-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Was the committee able to agree upon a design, and source a supplier, for the pool yet?

MFKS
02-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Was the committee able to agree upon a design, and source a supplier, for the pool yet?

Complete Bullshit WLG the committee men on the foz have no experience at all in the field to make a decision

The committee men on the foz know perfectly well they are mere amateurs in relation to pools and know of just the man to talk to who is a foz regular and is a leading authority on all things pools whose sole opinion is all the would be needed to settle this all important issue.

On another note I seen from some photos on FB that the said authority scored big on the weekend .

Way to go said authority :sup::thumbsup:

Premy
02-12-2014, 06:43 PM
:chant:

belchardo
02-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Steady on, he's not blue haven pools mate.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Complete Bullshit WLG the committee men on the foz have no experience at all in the field to make a decision

The committee men on the foz know perfectly well they are mere amateurs in relation to pools and know of just the man to talk to who is a foz regular and is a leading authority on all things pools whose sole opinion is all the would be needed to settle this all important issue.

On another note I seen from some photos on FB that the said authority scored big on the weekend .

Way to go said authority :sup::thumbsup:

Give me some credit. I have pool in my username. SD PM's me all the time asking if he can take it off my hands

Blackmac79
02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I am more interested in how many times MDT said "this doesn't leave this room"?

And how accurate these minutes will be to what was actually talked about.

And how it seems that it's a fairly superficial relationship, with the aim of producing positive press.

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 09:36 PM

And how it seems that it's a fairly superficial relationship, with the aim of producing positive press.

Didn't say it once

We'll tell you.

And it's too early to determine that

Thomas477
02-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Was the length of the terms for the fan reps discussed?

Not that I doubt the intentions of those currently on the panel, but fresh eyes etc.

Jeterpool
03-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Was the length of the terms for the fan reps discussed?

Not that I doubt the intentions of those currently on the panel, but fresh eyes etc.

It's 2 years.

Pico
03-12-2014, 07:10 AM

You're about as positive as our for and against.

Blackmac79
03-12-2014, 09:17 AM
You're about as positive as our for and against.

It's our for and against that does it to me.

Thomas477
03-12-2014, 10:02 AM
It's 2 years.

Thanks.

hausmann
04-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Robbie Middleby (Partial) who left after 30 minutes but said he will be at future meetings.

You know..... nah just forget it.

hausmann
04-12-2014, 11:02 AM
And just to nit pick, why does the club call it a "sub-committee"?

A sub-committee is usually formed for a specific reason out of a more general committee. What is this larger committee that the sub-committee is part of?

Actually, let me guess the answer. It is not a "sub" of any committee, but the "sub" was put there (probably unconsciously) to pre-establish a diminished stature - as the club's initial aim was for it to focus mainly on merchandise and game day atmosphere, not anything important. In this thread it is rightly called a "Fan rep committee". Can I suggest that one of the points of the next meeting is for the club to fully recognise its status as a "committee"?

GazFish35
04-12-2014, 12:34 PM
ive added to my list of things. and its a good point

hawk
04-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Arguably the world's most famous "anthem" YNWA occurs after players have shaken hands, and the coin toss is going down, while they are all out there knocking the ball around and doing final preparations. Granted, the time between shaking hands and actual kick off is a little longer in the EPL, but finishing with NTUA just after kick off may not be such a bad thing.
I think NTUA needs to happen when the players are out on the field. To have it's desired effect.

Crowd participation in NTUA was quite poor imo. How many seasons have we been singing it now? I don't necessarily know the answer on how to get more involved, or what has been attempted. Pamphlet drop, words on the big screen with montage. idk.

We are fkd when it comes to mass participation. What is it with this self concious thing in newy.

however I think this is one tune to break open the voice. This and the new-car-sel chant. I never liked but times are tough.

joel31
06-12-2014, 10:09 AM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/minutes-from-first/j5zidy6degmn1qw40jqxnid6b

joel31
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Can the committee raise the fact that we aren't just 10 years old

Grimario
06-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Some really positive sounding stuff in that.

MFKS
06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Issue or Topic:

What are the Club’s core values? How are these core values communicated and built into the way we work?

Points of Discussion:

MDT summarised Club values as the following:

- Hard Work

- Respect

- Community

- Commitment

- Success

- Youth Development

MDT mentioned that these values are central to the type of people we want within the organisation, the type of football the Club aims to play and the type of players we want to develop.

MDT also mentioned that these values form part of the Club Identity that may change subject to a change of ownership.

SC suggested publishing these values on the Newcastle Jets website

Action Required:

Club to publish values on the Newcastle Jets website

These ****s taking the piss or what??

Issue or Topic:

Further interaction for general Members to interact with Squadron on match days and ways for general Members to help grow the Squadron and increase general support and atmosphere

Points of Discussion:

Club explained the current initiatives that are in place to allow members to interact with and experience the Squadron:

• Active Support Forum held last year

• Active Support Page on Club Website

• Members have opportunity to exchange their ticket for a ticket in

• Bay 60 for one off matches

SC raised:

• Having set chants that people are aware of, for example when the Jets score

• Having chants on the big screen

• Having the ground announcer to encourage people to make noise

• Having the short version of NTUA played after the players hand shake and to not have the ground announcer talk during the song

• Letting Squadron lead chanting while the team walks out

• Getting fans involved in the team announcement

• Creating fan clapper banners to be used in conjunction with some squadron chants and clapping during NTUA

Action Required:

The Club and Squadron has taken all these suggestions on board and is looking into implementing them on game days. Update to be provided at the next meeting

NO NO NO
People with Marketing Degrees have no ****ing idea about atmosphere

Blackmac79
06-12-2014, 11:28 AM
**** me.

More ground announcer is the last thing we need.

GazFish35
06-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Rather than jumping the gun......

Those three highlighted points were from other fans, not the club.

1st highlighted point. was in regards to using "c'mon newcastle" or "clap x9 JETS!" Used consistently when we have a corner, or a defending set piece....... Something we already do, or at least did.... But not everyone had realised this.

It was discussed, not decided on.

2nd highlighted point..... Was about getting the words to NTUA on the big screen, and maybe some of the sillier chants I. The big screen prior to kickoff..... In conjunction with no music or PA to drown out the noise form 60.

It was discussed, not decided on

3rd point ..... Was in regards to NTUA, being started similar to how Liverpool start ynwa, AND for the PA guy to encourage noise from different parts of the stadium, something WSW did very very well early on that has contributed to the culture of parra stadium of making noise.

It was discussed, not decided on.

It was also made very clear that the PA and volume of music etc was needing to be changed.

MFKS
06-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Rather than worrying about me jumping the gun may be the communication aspect of the club needs looking at.

They post this on their website with the language used and it is no surprise one interprets it this way.

Maybe they need to communicate this in a bit more detail so I don't need someone on the fans committee to actually explain the stuff they have failed to elaborate on what it is actually pertaining to

GazFish35
06-12-2014, 01:33 PM
It says, directly above the points you highlighted....
SC raised......

It also states that SC = sub-committee

Without taking minutes verbatim, the points raised have been summarised reasonably well.

The elaboration and discussion held around each of these points in the meeting enabled the committee to get a clear message across to the club.

The meeting covered a great deal of ground and to expect a verbatim account of things said is unrealistic. There's 8 fans on the committee, three on here, you've better access than most other fans to get anything clarified.

It's ridiculous to expect any organisation to present minutes that are taken in such detail to eliminate mis-interpretation, especially when people in that meeting are ready and willing to elaborate and explain things.

But we can keep jumping the gun and assuming the worst and we'll keep wondering why the club haven't wanted to listen in the past. Reasonable communication involves both parties listening.

MFKS
06-12-2014, 01:50 PM
It says, directly above the points you highlighted....

SC raised......

It also states that SC = sub-committee
Ok I will pay that I misread that bit and didn't pick up on it being the SC and point out it still makes the SC look bad.

Having set chants that people are aware of, for example when the Jets score
Having chants on the big screen
Having the ground announcer to encourage people to make noise

Appear to be something the SC is in favour of due to the club's use of language and the fact that the resolution was not reached and communicated in the clubs statement

Last I looked these subjects have been brought up repeatedly on here and the consensus is we should be moving in the opposite direction otherwise we may as well get some giant sauce bottles a cannon and a brass band etc.

PS On another note Mr Fish can the club be asked to itemise the points raised by whish relevant member of the SC and not refer to it as SC but as the Intitial of the person in question??

Wish to see the credit to go to those who raise good initiatives

GazFish35
06-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Makes the SC look bad?
How? By representing fans from a cross section of the supporter base?

The three points you've highlighted were raised from members not on here, who were genuinely engaged in a discussion around getting greater atmosphere at games and more people making noise, they were suggestions put forward from their perspective and are as relevant and worthwhile as anyone's. Just because they've not been privy to discussions/debates on this forum doesn't mean they shouldn't be heard. Grant was able to explain what had been tried in the past and what hasn't and hasn't worked.... and from active support's viewpoint, the reasons why and members of the SC not already privy to these discussions got a better of idea of where we were coming from too.

and the action to be taken is minuted as "The Club and Squadron has taken all these suggestions on board and is looking into implementing them on game days. Update to be provided......"

Meaning they'll be discussed and at the good ones implemented if possible. They were issues raised by SC members, they were not a consensus.

and yes, to your PS..... I think the simple labelling of anything raised by a fan as SC needs to be clarified. I think it may have occurred due to the secretary having 7 new faces to listen to and is not yet entirely familiar with our names, face and voices and as the discussions moved quickly I've no doubt it would have been difficult to be exactly sure of who was saying what while typing the minutes!...... It think it's also worthwhile so that fans are able to see who on the committee is raising their issues and representing their concerns.

Out of interest which points raised did you wish to see credit given for?

belchardo
06-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Reading the minutes after the match, I understand what was happening with the pre-game stuff now. Thought today was a big improvement and seems to match what was discussed in the meeting. Good signs.

One query: why is there no action recorded against"increasing communication..." when the discussion seems to indicate several actions?

Second query: the agenda seems very squadron driven (not having a go). Did the non-squadron/forum members contribute to a great extent? Aware this will probably change over time as they may not have access to a pool of thoughts such as on here.

belchardo
06-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Ignore the second query, should have read gaz's last post more clearly :blush:

MFKS
06-12-2014, 08:43 PM
• Working with schools and teachers and getting players into schools more to get the younger generation interested in football and starting to attend games from an early age

• Having players (non-playing) out the front of the stadium interacting with Members upon entry

• Having more fun and interactive things outside the stadium before the game

• Having junior mascots/Members announcing the player names

• Letting Squadron lead chanting while the team walks out

• Have big poster of the players around the stadium

• Have a team poster put up in the stadium

• Making people aware of where the green and brown colours come from - 35th Battalion- these are our town and council colours, chosen after World War 1

• Having a little bit of history shown on the big screen

• Having the short version of NTUA played, have it played as players are doing the hand shake and not have the ground announcer during the song, all Members to be up and standing with their scarfs during NTUA. Allow the crowd to make noise in lead up and during the walk out – no music to be played.

Mr Fish all of them are in my opinion great ideas. Some have obviously been raised on the foz but others are new. Who do I need to congratulate?? Not all of them are necessarily from my perspective relevant for me but good for the kids and building gen next.

Disagree with the one about getting out on the pitch. Can see why some would want it but we just got the thing fixed FFS

Disagree with the NYL W League idea also. The games are free to members anyway now. Those who go put money into local clubs coffers at the canteen and also watching back to back games although fun in Summertime sitting around at 2pm in the heat watching the W League/ NYL and then hanging around to 7pm watching the HAL in the heat. Thanks but no thanks

Might be a better idea to get the club to put them on at better times weatherwise and actually promote them better to the Members than they currently do

lquiquer
06-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Just an idea: when RBB comes into town can we put them up in the upper eastern grand stand. Anyone wearing WSW merchandising on the day directed upstairs in eastern upper grand stand. And keep them there for at least 20 minutes after full time.

hausmann
06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Success is not a value, it is an outcome. Youth Development is not a value, it is a process. Community is not a value either, it is human interaction. Their stated values sound muddled.

It seems that missing from their set of vales, compared to the ones I proposed ie. Humility, Effort, Ambition, Respect and Teamwork are Humility, and Teamwork (assuming they mean Ambition when they say Success). Kind of speaks volumes that they would leave those two out, as they are the two main problems I see with the club, along with a clear lack of Ambition.

plague
06-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Ok, as stated elsewhere my views on 'mission statements' and 'core values' are well known so I won't go over them again.

HOWEVER:
It was great to see the 'action required' from our fearless marketing gurus is that the values are posted on the Jets website.

Or did I miss the part about anyone in the entire ****ing organisation actually implementing and honouring them.
Other than that kudos to you lot for giving a shit.
**** this club, they don't deserve you.

joel31
13-12-2014, 11:49 AM
an online fan forum with stubbins can't come soon enough.

I want him to explain his decisions and what he brings to the club

MFKS
20-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Issue for your next meeting.

The dickhead with the microphone pre game is getting worse. Last nights effort was despite being the same shit much longer and much louder from him.
Complete and utter crap from the club to expect 10k of hardy souls to listen to this shit. It is ruining my match day experience and I am sure many others. I just cringe and try and block it out until he shuts up and ****s off

Can you get the club to get something done on this front before I start asking people for a whip around to hire a sniper.

GazFish35
20-12-2014, 10:46 AM
It was raised last meeting. More than happy to raise it again.

Can you email to them too, the more they see the issue as pissing off the fans the more likely it is to change.

It's been big problem for a long time.
My five year doesn't want to go to games because the pa hurts her ears.

WolfMan
20-12-2014, 11:06 AM
It was a different dude last night. Maybe he didn't get the memo.

That countdown rubbish before kickoff is 20/20 Big Bash farcical $hite

At least they are playing NTUA after the coin toss, handshaking etc. and post game with the 3 points was great too