26-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Agree. Far better than last season.

joel31
26-11-2013, 07:13 AM
He has been good back to his best Perth form

Grimario
26-11-2013, 08:19 AM
He has been good back to his best Perth form

Thinking pretty much the same thing. We brought in a guy who had 50+ A-League games, was vice captain behind Burns and turned him into whatever he was last year. Great to see him get back to the form he showed at Perth.

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 08:49 AM
I was a critic of his last year. I am happy to admit he has proved me wrong and he has now turned me into a fan. He is showing a lot more determination and leadership than he did last year.

Well done Scott.

BodyNovo
26-11-2013, 09:03 AM
see what happens when blokes are on there last year off there contract

think about some of the guys on there last year you will find most of them have been our better players so far

- kanta
- neville
- taagart

ideally you don't want to be giving players 1 year deals but jeez it would be great if blokes played like this all year round even when they have longer term contracts

credit where its due though Neville has been outstanding

pv4
26-11-2013, 09:20 AM
see what happens when blokes are on there last year off there contract

think about some of the guys on there last year you will find most of them have been our better players so far

- kanta
- neville
- taagart

ideally you don't want to be giving players 1 year deals but jeez it would be great if blokes played like this all year round even when they have longer term contracts

credit where its due though Neville has been outstanding

:rof: Mark Viduka was a fiend for this. Was so much better when a contract was being discussed

russjaybee
26-11-2013, 10:04 AM
*cough* Theo Walcott *cough*

The Dunster
26-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Kanta and Neville had injury problems. It's as simple as that.

26-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Neville is one of many players who has benefited from the change in the way we play. No longer are the players being stifled and denied the opportunity to display there abilities that got them to HAL level in the first place.

Too many of our players were having there natural instincts coached out of them in the persuit of superior stats.

Jeterpool
08-12-2013, 08:46 PM
I hope his injury isn't too bad and he is back on the park soon.

He took a few knocks today and his presence on the right will be missed.

sammydog
08-12-2013, 10:51 PM
I'd hate to see someone who has played themselves into some great form set back for an extended time by an injury.

Fingers cross it isn't serious, but his reaction wasn't good.

q-money
08-12-2013, 10:54 PM
poor bloke, has been ****ing excellent this year and does not deserve a season off.

war scotty neville. get well soon boss.

WolfMan
09-12-2013, 05:23 AM
After Victory broke on the counter for a chance on goal, Neville was covering for a static Jaliens. As he was on the ground, I am almost positive I saw him signal to the bench and then point to his head.

I'm not saying the medical/coaching staff can predict the future and his knee injury, but Nev should have been immediately substituted post the run-in with Kew's knee.

He just didn't look himself (and rightly so), no use putting his health at risk with all the running around and headbutting that affects the brain movement around the skull (at least that's how it feels after a good hit to the bonce)

Thoughts?

joel31
09-12-2013, 06:53 AM
2-4 weeks according to Newcastle Jets fans facebook page so not to bad

Jeterpool
09-12-2013, 08:03 AM
After Victory broke on the counter for a chance on goal, Neville was covering for a static Jaliens. As he was on the ground, I am almost positive I saw him signal to the bench and then point to his head.

I'm not saying the medical/coaching staff can predict the future and his knee injury, but Nev should have been immediately substituted post the run-in with Kew's knee.

He just didn't look himself (and rightly so), no use putting his health at risk with all the running around and headbutting that affects the brain movement around the skull (at least that's how it feels after a good hit to the bonce)

Thoughts?

Your eyes weren't deceiving you because I saw that too. the replay just cut it short.

The suggestion from I htink Simon Hill about a replacement for head injuries to encourage teams to replace them instead of leaving them out could have some merit. I like the concept but it needs more thought. The cases of the ex-NFL players sueing the league for damages due to concussions I think will see something like this occur in all professional sports in the near future anyway.

sammydog
09-12-2013, 08:12 AM
2-4 weeks according to Newcastle Jets fans facebook page so not to bad

Because that place is always bang on with the information. I'll wait till the scans are done.

GazFish35
09-12-2013, 08:42 AM
2-4 weeks according to this thread.

Grimario
09-12-2013, 08:47 AM
2-4 weeks according to Neville when speaking with Zappers on the sideline yesterday as well, wasn't it?

Jeterpool
09-12-2013, 09:22 AM
6-8 according to Bridgey??

Grimario
09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Ziiiiiiing.

hawk
09-12-2013, 09:21 PM
noooooooo. All that waiting probs down the drain

arrano
10-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Gone for the Season, Torn ACL.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Neville-out-for-season-with-torn-ACL/80385

Grimario
10-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Feck. Stupid physio's thinking it was only 2-4 weeks.

Feck feck feck :(

Grimario
10-12-2013, 11:17 AM
In my eternal quest for finding the silver lining in things (trust me, I have turned over a new leaf...), this bodes well for contract re-signing.

:(

Jeterpool
10-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Damn! Get well soon Scotty. You should have plenty of time to read the foz now instead :lulz: He was really playing well this season - almost in "Player of the Year" form and consistency.

I reckon he knew it was something bad as soon as he did it too. Damn!

What a difference a few months have made but he sounds determined to bounce back stronger, reading the Herald today.

q-money
10-12-2013, 11:27 AM
said to sla it was his ACL as soon as it happened

Jeterpool
10-12-2013, 11:29 AM
This is where HSG need to step in and provide assistance with the Knights doctors and rehab team. ACL is a more common injury in rugby league, so surely their advice and skills could be of a benefit.

joel31
10-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Rob Dingle out

Blackmac79
10-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I still haven't seen a quote from a physio anywhere saying 2-4 weeks. Only a post on the fan Facebook page by vandenberg. Accuracy people

Grimario
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
I still haven't seen a quote from a physio anywhere saying 2-4 weeks. Only a post on the fan Facebook page by vandenberg. Accuracy people

It was during the game.

Zappers "Just spoken to the physio and Scott Neville, preliminary thought is its not the ACL, so just 2-4 weeks out. Scans during the week to confirm, but they are hopeful" or something like that.

BodyNovo
10-12-2013, 12:19 PM
hopefully the jerks show the same resolve they did with marko jesic for all those seasons and give him a contract regardless.

joel31
10-12-2013, 12:20 PM
hopefully the jerks show the same resolve they did with marko jesic for all those seasons and give him a contract regardless.
Hopefully Neville doesn't have Jesic's luck

Jeterpool
10-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Hopefully Neville doesn't have Jesic's luck

Or his surgeon or physio

hawk
10-12-2013, 04:48 PM
i fear the worst for Nev 3.0

furns
10-12-2013, 04:53 PM
am looking forward to Nev v5.2

northern_swan
10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
This is where HSG need to step in and provide assistance with the Knights doctors and rehab team. ACL is a more common injury in rugby league, so surely their advice and skills could be of a benefit.

To be honest, I wouldn't want the Knuggets Drs anywhere near my knee if I were Neville. They're absolute butchers.

10-12-2013, 08:33 PM

Having had a 14yr old go through same in the last 12 months i found myself reading god knows how many different types of rehab theories from various surgeons and physios. One rehab programme in particular from a Ortho Surgeon in W.A who has been involved with both West Coast Eagles and Freeo players caught my attention.

He was of the opinion that not enough emphasis was put into vertical type drills during rehab ie skipping, mini jumps and so on. Most programmes have these but according to him just not enough.

belchardo
10-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Having had a 14yr old go through same in the last 12 months i found myself reading god knows how many different types of rehab theories from various surgeons and physios. One rehab programme in particular from a Ortho Surgeon in W.A who has been involved with both West Coast Eagles and Freeo players caught my attention.

He was of the opinion that not enough emphasis was put into vertical type drills during rehab ie skipping, mini jumps and so on. Most programmes have these but according to him just not enough.

as many theories on ACL rehab as there are surgeons/physios.

plague
10-12-2013, 09:09 PM
All shit jokes aside I wouldnt wish this on anyone.
Hope he comes back bigger and better.
All the best Nev.

goaliepersempre
11-12-2013, 04:59 AM
All shit jokes aside I wouldnt wish this on anyone.
Hope he comes back bigger and better.
All the best Nev.

Hutcho!!!

plague
11-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Hutcho!!!

True but Hutcho isn't 'anyone', he's a nobody.

With Aids.

and no money.

Skirt Boy
11-12-2013, 08:09 AM
I don't know what it is but here in Australia we seem to get a bloody lot of ACL injuries

11-12-2013, 08:27 AM
I don't know what it is but here in Australia we seem to get a bloody lot of ACL injuries

Too true.

Being a follower of both the HAL and for winter AFL i can recall by about round 9 of the AFL season just past they had more ACL ruptures than any other for the whole season. Most were when no physical contact was being made just a simple turn or twist or landing from a jump.

plague
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM

If say it's got a lot to do with all those knees we have in Australia.

plague
11-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Serious though isn't netball like the worst sport in the world for knee blow outs?
Remember reading that somewhere (prob Penthouse).

plague
11-12-2013, 09:14 AM
That's why I don't play netball.

Jeterpool
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
If say it's got a lot to do with all those knees we have in Australia.

Serious though isn't netball like the worst sport in the world for knee blow outs?

That's why I don't play netball.

Are you having a conversation with youself Plague? Because if you want to do that, open your own thread. That's what Grimario did with the Disc Golf one

Grimario
11-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Ahahahaha, you mofo! :sparring:

Jeterpool
11-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Ahahahaha, you mofo! :sparring:

Sorry mate. I just couldn't resist! It was there for the taking.

:roflz:

MFKS
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM

I wonder how much that would have to do with the pitches we play on being multi purpose for a variety of sports and not football specific like they may be in other countries???

Imyourhero
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM
That's a good point. Even on our best of grounds many have up and down areas/ditches etc

plague
11-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Are you having a conversation with youself Plague? Because if you want to do that, open your own thread. That's what Grimario did with the Disc Golf one

That's pretty funny.
What do you think Plague?

Jetmaster
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Thought of this when Vignaroli did his knee on our cowheap - you don't hear of too many ACL injuries in Europe.

Is it the conditioning, or is it the surfaces?

plague
11-12-2013, 01:18 PM
That's pretty funny.
What do you think Plague?

Yep, got you good.
Well in.

The Dunster
11-12-2013, 01:27 PM

And heart attacks so it's possibly due to the participants lack of health rather than playing surfaces.

MFKS
11-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Thought of this when Vignaroli did his knee on our cowheap - you don't hear of too many ACL injuries in Europe.

Is it the conditioning, or is it the surfaces?

I would say surface.

It always seem to be a bloke's foot grips into the ground too well in Australia and he then goes over on his knee. Maybe the softer damper pitches in Europe have that bit better give so the studs don't dig in and grip suddenly.

Other point that could be of use is footwear. Pros in Europe seem to get their stud choices right each game far better than the blokes in this country who seem to have not paid it much of a thought. Hence why you rarely see blokes slipping over in Europe but on damp games here it is common

Skirt Boy
11-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I would say surface.

It always seem to be a bloke's foot grips into the ground too well in Australia and he then goes over on his knee. Maybe the softer damper pitches in Europe have that bit better give so the studs don't dig in and grip suddenly.

Other point that could be of use is footwear. Pros in Europe seem to get their stud choices right each game far better than the blokes in this country who seem to have not paid it much of a thought. Hence why you rarely see blokes slipping over in Europe but on damp games here it is common

The university ground in Weimar was clay and loose stone.

late_to_the_game
11-12-2013, 11:20 PM
It is an interesting question. You cannot play an A league game on a Kikuyu field, as this grass is specifically not allowed. The reasoning being that the runners are too strong and may cause a foot grab. This is a FIFA mandate.
What is more interesting is that all the good football fields in Newcastle are Kikuyu, including the jets training field at the uni...
Go figure.

hawk
15-12-2013, 09:41 PM
:grin:

:lol:

MFKS
30-08-2014, 08:02 AM
JETS defender Scott Neville is expected to play his first game in more than eight months when Newcastle take on North Queensland All Stars in their final Townsville Cup pre-season match tonight.

The 25-year-old right back has been out since he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee playing against Melbourne Victory in December, a setback that resulted in reconstructive surgery.

The Perth product was cleared recently to resume full training and is tipped to make a cameo appearance off the bench tonight.

Jets coach Phil Stubbins will be eager to finish the 10-day trip north with a positive result after losses to Brisbane Roar (4-0) and Sydney FC (4-2), which followed a 2-0 defeat by Perth Glory in the FFA Cup three weeks ago.

Stubbins admitted Newcastle's opposition were more settled than his own squad in their pre-season preparations but was confident the Jets would be ready for their first A-League game, against Central Coast on October 11.

"We've come up against two very accomplished outfits in the first two games and we're certainly down on numbers," Stubbins said.

"Not having everyone available has really been reflecting on the scorelines.

The return of Neville will be a boost for Newcastle and Stubbins said there was "still plenty of time" to have his full complement available before the season proper kicked off.

North Queensland triallists Braedyn Crowley and Kevin Fraser will receive game time for the Jets tonight.

See your ad here

"We'll have a look at them," Stubbins said. "It's partly a football thing but also about doing the right thing for the game up here. They've looked after us really well and this is a way we can repay that."

Stubbins has already fielded three triallists in Newcastle's first two trials in Townsville, former Adelaide youth team defender Allan Welsh, Manly United attacker Brendan Cholakian and South Melbourne midfielder Iqi Jawadi.

He said all three had been impressive but Welsh appears the most likely to be offered a contract with Newcastle.

Neville 3.0

Midway through his first season here who would have thought we would have any degree of enthusiasm to see this bloke back in the side. Still piss myself laughing thinking about his foul throws and that great effort against WSW away where he ****ed it up in a way that no one could possibly try and do on purpose

Thank **** he is back though so we have less chance of seeing the likes of the inept Galla blokes playing fullback for us.

Forza Neville

BodyNovo
30-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Neville

now my new fav bloke of whos left

stay strong Nev

hawk
30-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Neville voiced up & proud. well done

BodyNovo
24-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Pic on his Instagram celebrating with griff saying it's been a pleaseue