PDA

View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Rd 8 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets 30/11/13 k/off 745pm AEDST

newi24-2-08
26-11-2013, 12:06 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/sydney-fc1.jpg http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

Sydney FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

Season 9 Round 8

When: Saturday 30th November, 2012
Where: Allianz Stadium, Driver Ave, Moore Park, NSW
Kickoff: 745pm AEDST (gates open 6pm)
Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au
Pre-match: from 3pm The Strawberry Hills Hotel, 453 Elizabeth St, Surry Hills www.strawberryhillshotel.com.au
Coach Tickets: $25 per seat or $90 per family of 4 (2ad/2ch or 1ad/3ch) http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2013/11/round-8-jets-away-support-buses-now-on-sale/
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1/HD and SBS 2/HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand Digital online
Tweet: @newyboys #sydvnew #NTUA

If you are unable to travel to the game in Sydney, please come down to the District Park Tennis Club in Broadmeadow and watch the game LIVE. The Tenzo is now our permanent venue for both home AND away Newcastle Jets fixtures.
Absolutely buzzing for this.

With the form we're in and the shakiness Sydney Fc have at the back i think we will get at least a point and hopefully 3.
An inform Adam Taggart up against Seb Ryall could be a disaster for them.

Id like to see
Birraz

Neville - Jaliens - Regan - Pepper

- Kantarovski

- Brillante - Zadkovich -

Hoole - Taggart - Burns

Thought Mitchell played ok last week, he still scares the **** out of me though when he is on the ball so would prefer Regan. (Chapo still injured?)

2-1 Win, Taggart and Burns for us, ADP pen for them

joel31
26-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Chapman > Regan
Burns out for anyone

GazFish35
26-11-2013, 12:09 PM
you most likely just jinxed it.

jets 4-0

Grimario
26-11-2013, 12:13 PM
If Tiago gets the expected sentence from the MRP tomorrow, Bojic out AND Warren coming back in...

Their backline is brilliant. We are going to go blank for the first time in ages.

joel31
26-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I reckon 2-2. Del Piero to get a brace for them. Taggart and Heskey to score for us

newi24-2-08
26-11-2013, 12:16 PM
If Tiago gets the expected sentence from the MRP tomorrow, Bojic out AND Warren coming back in...

Their backline is brilliant. We are going to go blank for the first time in ages.

Marc Warren is an absolute hack.. If anything he is a detriment to Sydney he is that poor. Will be stoked if he plays

Rocknerd
26-11-2013, 12:16 PM
so going to lose, between Ali and ADP zadkid, Brillante and Kanta all to get Reds and newy to be denied goals by wrong off side calls. always a good day out though.

Grimario
26-11-2013, 12:19 PM
Marc Warren is an absolute hack.. If anything he is a detriment to Sydney he is that poor. Will be stoked if he plays

Aye, that was my point! :gent::insertsarcasmindicatorsmileything:

sh10
26-11-2013, 01:02 PM
we will loose

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Round 8 Preview –Newcastle Jets v Sydney FC

Overall – 27 games between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 6, Sydney FC Wins – 14, Draws – 7

At Sydney – 14 games in Sydney
Jets Wins – 3, Sydney FC Wins – 8, Draws – 3

Last Result
Round 1, Season 9
Jets 0 – 2 Sydney (Del Piero, Chianese). Referee – Jarred Gillett. Crowd 20103.

Leading Scorers in fixture – Bridges, R Griffiths, Wheelhouse, Brockie, Rodriguez (Jets) with 3 goals, Brosque and Cazarine (Sydney FC) – 5 goals.

Average away crowd – 14587

Key facts:

Jarred Gillett has refereed the last two meetings between the two teams.
Since Season 5, the results playing Sydney FC away have gone LWLWLWL.
The last 9 matches, home and away, between these clubs have seen 2 or more goals scored in total.
Del Piero has scored in 3 of the 4 games he has played against the Jets.
The Jets haven’t kept a clean sheet against Sydney since Round 4, Season 4.
6 current or Ex Jets players have scored in this fixture while wearing the sky blue – Sasho Petrovski, Mark Milligan, Michael Bridges, Mark Bridge, Stuart Musialik and Chris Payne.
8 current or ex-Sydney FC players have scored in this fixture while wearing a Jets shirt – Joel Griffiths, Matt Thompson, Michael Bridges, Sasho Petrovski, Jeremy Brockie, Nikolai Topor-Stanley,Ruben Zadkovic and Ali Abbas.

belchardo
26-11-2013, 01:36 PM
We really are ordinary against nsw teams. 6 wins from 27 matches. Unbelievable.

russjaybee
26-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I can see this game going any way, completely unpredictable.

I think we'll probably lose.

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 01:44 PM
We really are ordinary against nsw teams. 6 wins from 27 matches. Unbelievable.

The stat where we haven't kept a clean sheet shocked me the most!

Thomas477
26-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Oh f***, Gillet is reffing.

This'll be a shambles, ADP will end up with the whistle.

leftrightout
26-11-2013, 02:49 PM
At Sydney – 15 games in Sydney

One of the games must have been that bad they just decided that neither team deserved any points!

GazFish35
26-11-2013, 02:51 PM
There was some stat floating around before round 1 that we have scored more gaols at SFS than any other away team.

didnt help us rd1 though

Grimario
26-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Is that purely because the FFA want SFC to have more home games against local opposition to boost their crowd numbers meaning we have just played more games at SFS than most other away teams?

russjaybee
26-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I love that theory Grim, mostly because it's probably true.
Where's my tin hat ffs

The Dunster
26-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Gillet will rape us as he always does against SFC

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 03:09 PM
At Sydney – 15 games in Sydney

One of the games must have been that bad they just decided that neither team deserved any points!

Fixed - should have been 14. Typo

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Oh f***, Gillet is reffing.

This'll be a shambles, ADP will end up with the whistle.

Is Gillett confirmed? I didn't think the appointments had been made yet.

I only put who the last referee was and the fact he has done our last two.

plague
26-11-2013, 03:48 PM

It just came across FoxSportsNews that ADP will announce the refs this arvo.

belchardo
26-11-2013, 04:13 PM

well played.

q-money
26-11-2013, 04:16 PM
:rof:

militiamon
26-11-2013, 04:45 PM
:rof: :rof: :rof:

Superdylan
26-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Off to stereosonic pregame gonna be an interesting day :)

q-money
26-11-2013, 06:58 PM
fuark SD I hope u have shredded

MFKS
26-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Off to stereosonic pregame gonna be an interesting day :)

Off to Jets Yoof game in the hole that is the coast and then on to Sydney. Gonna be a long day with it kicking off in the morning.

Anyone know what the status is at Tuggerah train station as far as getting out without ticket?? Do they have the barriers you have to put ticket into like Sydney or is more like Newy part of Citirail network where you can stroll out??

Just planning on bludging my way to Sydney with a stopover on the coast with my Smurfs match tix and the free public transport option with it??

Jeterpool
26-11-2013, 09:04 PM

I'll pay that

hawk
26-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Off to Jets Yoof game in the hole that is the coast and then on to Sydney. Gonna be a long day with it kicking off in the morning.

Anyone know what the status is at Tuggerah train station as far as getting out without ticket?? Do they have the barriers you have to put ticket into like Sydney or is more like Newy part of Citirail network where you can stroll out??

Just planning on bludging my way to Sydney with a stopover on the coast with my Smurfs match tix and the free public transport option with it??

you are a trooper. dont forget the report

GazFish35
26-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Surely you could get out at tuggerah through the gates anyway. It's on the way to Sydney, tell the guards you got on at newy and you're meeting a mate who's driving. As if they'd give a ****

Grimario
26-11-2013, 11:10 PM

:fap::fap::fap: Kale something goal something :fap::fap: ****ing coasties :fap::fap: Kale kale ughhhhhhhhhhh

Splooge.

That's how they usually go.

MFKS
26-11-2013, 11:34 PM

The Kale Fapfest meter will be back with a bang.

Hopefully get it up to his crotch this week :lulzturtle:

MFKS
26-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Surely you could get out at tuggerah through the gates anyway. It's on the way to Sydney, tell the guards you got on at newy and you're meeting a mate who's driving. As if they'd give a ****

Good idea

I have a PHD already in Bullshitting.

Come up with some wank story about getting off at Tuggerah to pick up my illegitimate Gypo kid to go see ADP

Superdylan
28-11-2013, 12:02 AM
fuark SD I hope u have shredded

Don't need to shred to attend festivals :)

Looking forward to the game

2-1 to us Taggart & Heksey goals & Del piero theirs.

Premy
28-11-2013, 09:05 AM

No gates should be fine rarely any guards too

Grimario
28-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Sydney have been told quietly "to not include Tiago Calvano in your squad".

GG MRP, how long does it take to sort this shit out?

Jetmaster
28-11-2013, 09:22 AM

MRP are basically saying - "not till the money is in our accounts"

Thomas477
28-11-2013, 09:22 AM

+1 First it was the Tuesday after the incident, then the week after, then the Wednesday after that, now nothing?

FFS, everyone is going to forget what he did by the time he gets banned.

If I was Sydney, I would play him. His ban from hitting Thompson has expired, so there's no need for him to sit out due to a ban. It might even make the FFA hurry up.

MFKS
28-11-2013, 09:56 AM
+1 First it was the Tuesday after the incident, then the week after, then the Wednesday after that, now nothing?

FFS, everyone is going to forget what he did by the time he gets banned.

If I was Sydney, I would play him. His ban from hitting Thompson has expired, so there's no need for him to sit out due to a ban. It might even make the FFA hurry up.

What and upset FFA who turn a blind eye to investigating their Salary Cap rorting

Grimario
28-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Rumour has it Tiago is getting an 8 match ban.

Absolute ****ing joke. As much as we all hate coasties, Vukovic must be absolutely ropable with his 12 months on the sideline if it's a farcical 8 weeks for a Sydney FC player.

Disc race.

Thomas477
28-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Only 8 weeks for intentionally grabbing a referee when he is in the process of making a ruling. As I've said the referee is not there to be physical with the players, he's there to enforce the laws of the game, not to be grabbed.

Should be at least 9 months, given Vukovic was given 15 months (6 suspended).

Grimario
28-11-2013, 02:28 PM
8 games with an additional 4 suspended.

GazFish35
28-11-2013, 04:12 PM
pathetic.

we should do a "united we stand for our brothers banned" when we play perth.

now it appears rippign a flare is worse than striking a referee.

heskeyisatank1
28-11-2013, 09:33 PM
where we drinking at lads? :)

MFKS
29-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Rumour has it Tiago is getting an 8 match ban.

Absolute ****ing joke. As much as we all hate coasties, Vukovic must be absolutely ropable with his 12 months on the sideline if it's a farcical 8 weeks for a Sydney FC player.

Disc race.

For a start people get some perspective.

Tiago is a ****ing legend for some of the crazy shit he done when at the Jets. (Who will ever forget him punching on at Weston that night with Phoenix or the water bottle thing at the SFS the other year???)

Vukovic on the other hand is nothing more then a dirty Gypo bastard.

Punishment difference seems pretty ****ing fair in my eyes

outsider
29-11-2013, 08:38 AM

I only put who the last referee was and the fact he has done our last two.

Ben Williams has the game

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Ben Williams has the game

Cheers Bud.

We've only ever had Ben Williams against Sydney once. That was away in Season 5 and we lost 2-1.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Tiago is a ****ing legend for some of the crazy shit he done when at the Jets. (Who will ever forget him punching on at Weston that night with Phoenix or the water bottle thing at the SFS the other year???)

Nah. Tiago is a ****ing waste of money and visa spot in the A-League. Should have had the book thrown at him and then been banned as well.

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 09:29 AM

I'd rather remember someone for scoring goals, creative play, solid defense or maginificent saves. None of these Tiago brought to the Jets.

To call him a legend for getting sent off...I don't think so.

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Cheers Bud.

We've only ever had Ben Williams against Sydney once. That was away in Season 5 and we lost 2-1.

I did a bit more analysis - We have had Ben Williams as a referee 22 times previously.

We have Won 5, Drawn 2 and Lost 15.

militiamon
29-11-2013, 09:41 AM
^ Why do people do this?

Also Tiago :cool: Legend.

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 10:02 AM
^ Why do people do this?

Also Tiago :cool: Legend.

Look, it's a matter of opinion about Tiago. A few on here rate him, I don't.

As for the stats, what's wrong with it?? It is what it is. Just trying to create some points for discussion.

GazFish35
29-11-2013, 10:53 AM
I did a bit more analysis - We have had Ben Williams as a referee 22 times previously.

We have Won 5, Drawn 2 and Lost 15.

how does that compare with our win loss record overall.
from memory we are pretty crap so these stats might not be anything out of the ordinary

Bon
29-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Look, it's a matter of opinion about Tiago. A few on here rate him, I don't.

As for the stats, what's wrong with it?? It is what it is. Just trying to create some points for discussion.

I love the stats, keep it up..
As for Tiago, I just assumed all the love on here was sarcastic.. You know, the whole "doing it for Newy by bringing Sydney down from the inside" sort of stuff..
People don't seriously rate him do they??

joel31
29-11-2013, 10:58 AM
I love the stats, keep it up..
As for Tiago, I just assumed all the love on here was sarcastic.. You know, the whole "doing it for Newy by bringing Sydney down from the inside" sort of stuff..
People don't seriously rate him do they??
He was decent and was determined to win as characterised by his diving antics but wasn't fantastic

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 11:07 AM
how does that compare with our win loss record overall.
from memory we are pretty crap so these stats might not be anything out of the ordinary

Overall 75 wins, 52 draws and 86 losses.

There is definately a skew.

russjaybee
29-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Overall 75 wins, 52 draws and 86 losses.

There is definately a skew.

But isn't Ben Williams a "relatively" new ref to the league? Eg he's more likely to have reffed us during the last few years where our Win/Loss ratio is much worse than the early years / championship seasons?

In all honesty I think looking at refs for win / loss is a total cop out, it's very rare that a ref will win or lose you a game, generally this will be on a single call (red card / pen etc) that may be wrong. Even in these circumstances you can have always done things to avoid getting in that position, eg score goals.

Also if a ref is actively biasing against a team during a game it's generally because dick head players don't keep their mouth shut and play the game.

MFKS
29-11-2013, 11:26 AM
From memory he was the bloke who failed to send off Zads 15 secs in and ****ed up a host of other decisions in the F3 derby last year we won.

I think every time after this we got him last season we got some form of karma like payback from him

furns
29-11-2013, 11:31 AM
added match details to OP and edited thread title

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 11:41 AM
But isn't Ben Williams a "relatively" new ref to the league? Eg he's more likely to have reffed us during the last few years where our Win/Loss ratio is much worse than the early years / championship seasons?

Refereed us in Season 1 home Semi against the gypos.

In all honesty I think looking at refs for win / loss is a total cop out, it's very rare that a ref will win or lose you a game, generally this will be on a single call (red card / pen etc) that may be wrong. Even in these circumstances you can have always done things to avoid getting in that position, eg score goals.

Also if a ref is actively biasing against a team during a game it's generally because dick head players don't keep their mouth shut and play the game.

Referees aren't the sole reason why you can win or lose a game, I agree, but they can certainly contribute as you pointed out. I'm not saying any referee is giving a bias for or against our team, but after 22 games we don't seem to have a great record under Ben Williams which could be for any multitude of reasons.

I'm not saying we will lose simply because we have Ben Williams refereeing. I actually think we will win this weekend. It's just presenting facts, and the fact is we have a poor records under Williams. We can read into that what we want.

joel31
29-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Records can change
C'mon Newcastle

russjaybee
29-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Refereed us in Season 1 home Semi against the gypos.

Referees aren't the sole reason why you can win or lose a game, I agree, but they can certainly contribute as you pointed out. I'm not saying any referee is giving a bias for or against our team, but after 22 games we don't seem to have a great record under Ben Williams which could be for any multitude of reasons.

I'm not saying we will lose simply because we have Ben Williams refereeing. I actually think we will win this weekend. It's just presenting facts, and the fact is we have a poor records under Williams. We can read into that what we want.

Fair call mate, wasn't an attack at you or anything, not shooting the messenger haha.

And yeah there goes my theory of recent form skewing the stats.

I actually think we'll probably loose :(

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 11:52 AM
From memory he was the bloke who failed to send off Zads 15 secs in and ****ed up a host of other decisions in the F3 derby last year we won.

I think every time after this we got him last season we got some form of karma like payback from him

Yes he refereed that game

Jeterpool
29-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Fair call mate, wasn't an attack at you or anything, not shooting the messenger haha.

And yeah there goes my theory of recent form skewing the stats.

I actually think we'll probably loose :(

It's all good mate - I didn't take it as an attack. It's good to have a debate!

parksey
29-11-2013, 12:34 PM
where we drinking at lads? :)

Details are on page 1 bud

plague
29-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Tara is the only Fox Sports person to pick us (bless).
She is coming last in the tipping comp.
She is also the hottest one in the tipping comp.
Read into that what you will.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 09:59 PM

Think only one of them picked us last week as well. 1 heart, 1 jet, 2 draws or something like that.

Grimario
29-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Ahahah, what the fxxk is Seb Hassett smoking with some of this garbage?

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-v-newcastle-jets-the-lowdown-20131129-2ygzb.html

FIVE TO WATCH
1. Richard Garcia (Sydney FC)
A tough start to the season has been put behind him. Garcia has scored two in three and his bullet against Wellington showed his ability from range.
2. Emile Heskey (Newcastle Jets)
Came off the bench last week but looks set for a start. His job is not just to score but to provide protection for Adam Taggart. They need to develop a quick understanding.
3. Ali Abbas (Sydney FC)
Abbas is occupying the left-back role ahead of Marc Warren - not a bad feat considering Warren is a specialist in the position. He faces the club which gave him his A-League chance but also axed him.
4. Craig Goodwin (Newcastle Jets)
With Josh Mitchell out, Goodwin can resume at left-back. He's clearly talented but has not always been able to produce it over 90 minutes. He needs consistency.
5. Ranko Despotovic (Sydney FC)
If Despotovic does nothing else in his Sydney career, he can always say he bagged a winner on debut. That might be enough to earn him a start as striker here, with Garcia dropping back into attacking midfield.
THE KEY MATCH-UP
Matt Jurman (Sydney FC) v
Adam Taggart (Newcastle)
Taggart is the man everyone is talking about after six goals in three games - and everyone wants to know if he can handle the pressure of his new-found fame. Jurman replaces Pedj Bojic. After waiting all season, he finally gets his chance.
IN THE DUGOUT
Frank Farina (Sydney FC)
There's no reason for the ''Cranky Franky'' tag right now as Sydney hunt another big win.
Gary van Egmond (Newcastle)
Like Farina, he's ignored the boo boys to get his side moving in the right direction. Also like Farina, he wants four wins in a row

Fxxken :lulz: at the thought of Goodwin coming in to replace Mitchell... at left back. :lulzturtle:

Seriously doubt Jurman is replacing Bojic at right back. In the centre with Petkovic maybe, Ryall at right back.

Hassett, :wtf:

dink
29-11-2013, 10:42 PM

All I read was "she is the hottest on in the tippin comp." +1

militiamon
29-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Not to mention the line above that Josh Mitchell one:

"Abbas is occupying the left-back role ahead of Marc Warren - not a bad feat considering Warren is a specialist in the position"

:rof:

belchardo
30-11-2013, 08:59 AM
His likely line up also had bridges starting. Hoping that part isn't true.

furns
30-11-2013, 10:00 AM
its football day

fire up and all that

Jetmaster
30-11-2013, 11:05 AM

She is close to the only one in that tipping group that doesn't suck the SFC titty though......

outsider
30-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Herald shows Peter Green as referee but FFA weekly appointments still shows Ben Williams-guess we will find out at game time.

The Dunster
30-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Ben Williams will do a good job as referee for todays game because if he's ever in any doubt about a decision I'm sure Del Piero will be more than willing to offer him advice.

plague
30-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Herald shows Peter Green as referee but FFA weekly appointments still shows Ben Williams-guess we will find out at game time.

Yeah both will stand at half way before kickoff.
ADP will then present one of them with a rose, and they will be declared the winner.

sh10
30-11-2013, 03:44 PM
ADP will then present one of them with a rose, and they will be declared the winner.

:yap:

joel31
30-11-2013, 03:54 PM
or he'll just take the rose himself

Jeterpool
30-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Team - birraz, nev, regan, aliens, pepp, Kanta, zads, Hoole, Taggz, boo-urns, Heskey

Subs - beard, chili, brown, bridges. Bk

Grimario
30-11-2013, 06:41 PM
The Newcastle Jets have confirmed their starting eleven for Saturday night's Round 8 match against Sydney FC at Allianz Stadium.

Newcastle Jets Starting XI: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2. Scott NEVILLE, 3. Taylor REGAN, 4. Kew JALIENS, 5. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH (c), 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Nathan BURNS, 16. Jacob PEPPER, 22. Adam TAGGART.
Bench: 15. Josh BRILLANTE, 17. James VIRGILI, 18. James BROWN, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 20. Ben KENNEDY (gk).

Grimario
30-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Or what Jeterpoo said.

ToddG NBUnited
30-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Never noticed how quick burns was over 20, pleasantly surprised, and reegz is a legend. Yewwww!

pistolpete
30-11-2013, 08:34 PM
**** off razzla

sh10
30-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Terrible defending from Pepper

****ing shit **** Chinese of all people has now scored against us twice this season. Seriously?

ToddG NBUnited
30-11-2013, 08:49 PM
I agree with pete esad thomo you judas cvnt!

Zico
30-11-2013, 08:49 PM
I'd have Heskey off after 60 mins and no later (half time preferably).
Carle should have been sent off.
And I agree it was poor from Pepper to allow that grub to get infront of him for the goal.

hawk
30-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Pepper was shit last week and a bigger liability today. Get him off

ToddG NBUnited
30-11-2013, 09:09 PM
****s!!!

Grimario
30-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I reckon the experiment of playing an average midfielder who adds depth to the squad as your starting left back should probably be killed now.
Burns, ffs, score a fxxkin goal.
And Bridges, please retire. Think your first five touches were losing the ball. We can do that with shit Australian players like Brown, don't need you taking up an import spot to lose possession.

GazFish35
30-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Silver lining in that cloud was surely Bridges has played his last minutes.

He looked like an old PE teacher wondering how the hell his year 8 class suddenly got the ability to run rings around him.
If he loves the club/city as much as he tells us all he does, its time he hung up the boots and give a young kid a chance.

sh10
30-11-2013, 09:53 PM
That wasn't actually too bad a performance. Should've been at 1-1 if Burns could hit the barn door. Certainly not our best but not deserving of a 2-0 loss.

How the **** did Burns miss that open net...fark

The Dunster
30-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Michael Bridges. **** off you imposter.

Hunter403
30-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Pepper badly exposed. Can Burns shoot below the bar? Heskey = Route 1.

The Jets just did not look interested after SFC scored that first goal.

longshot
30-11-2013, 10:49 PM
How the hell did the Fox crew give Burns 2 points. Absolute bullshit. Just like last night giving the gypo Sainsbury 3 points for doing **** all. Should have been a tards player for the 3.

hawk
30-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Up until the first goal we were good value.

carle is a dirty greasy $#%@

seldom
30-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Silver lining in that cloud was surely Bridges has played his last minutes.

He looked like an old PE teacher wondering how the hell his year 8 class suddenly got the ability to run rings around him.
If he loves the club/city as much as he tells us all he does, its time he hung up the boots and give a young kid a chance.

Truth

seldom
30-11-2013, 11:11 PM
How the hell did the Fox crew give Burns 2 points. Absolute bullshit. Just like last night giving the gypo Sainsbury 3 points for doing **** all. Should have been a tards player for the 3.

Also true

joel31
30-11-2013, 11:18 PM
I thought we did quite well before they scored their second but we didn't take our chances and Sydney did. Even though Taggz missed 2 good chances I thought he genuinely worked his socks off up front. Bridges should retire now because that was just crap.

joel31
30-11-2013, 11:49 PM
My match ratings, feel free to debate as I know you will
Birraz -6 made more mistakes than usual but still a few good saves
Neville - 5 was average compared to previous weeks
Regan - 7 showed good composure, worked hard and pretty solid
Jaliens - 6.5 has had better games but still put in a few good tackles
Pepper - 4 looked like a liability. Weak with his left foot and not quick enough or good enough defensively to make a good left back
Kantarovski - 7.5 well positioned. Thought he did well handling ADP. Yet he failed to make a well needed tackle for their goals
Rubes - 5.5 failed to make a single tackle and his passing didn't quite stick. Has definitely had better games
Hoole - 7 although he made some mistakes I thought his workrate was good and he beat his man well a few timed and created some chances
Burns - 6 same as always, dribbles well but can't cross or shoot well
Taggz - 7 missed 2 good chances but continued to work his socks off
Heskey - 5 struggled to create much

Brilliante - 6 completed all his passes but couldn't create chances
Virgili - 6.5 worked hard and got into decent areas
Bridges - 3.5 was terrible on the ball. Should retire before he embarrasses himself further

furns
01-12-2013, 12:04 AM
from what I saw, it was our midfield that let us down. Must have shouted at least three or four times during the game to stop f**king passing to players in sky blue.

furns
01-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Looking at post game show:
1st goal - Neville firstly should have stopped Abbas from crossing the ball into the box. Pepper was then too weak in the attempted tackle and Chianese then scored.
2nd goal - Brillante and Regan both didnt tackle Ranko to stop him from scoring. Kanta then tried to come across to cover at last second but was too late.

MFKS
01-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Looking at post game show:
1st goal - Neville firstly should have stopped Abbas from crossing the ball into the box. Pepper was then too weak in the attempted tackle and Chianese then scored.
2nd goal - Brillante and Regan both didnt tackle Ranko to stop him from scoring. Kanta then tried to come across to cover at last second but was too late.

Actually the issue with Pepper was that he defended it like someone playing left back who isn't a left back. When the ball came in he was favourite to get to it. All he had to do was move towards it like any fullback worth his salt does and Chianese doesn't get withing 5 yards of the ball before it is heading towards halfway. Pepper defended it like a novice which is what he is. Responsibilty for this lies with GVE who refuses to sign a proper ****ing left back yet insists converting players to that role ie Razzler Dapuzzo Gallaway Pepper ad nauseum

Our issues weren't our midfield.for the first 55 mins we were in control. Individual errors cost as well as poor finishing.

Pepper Birraz Reagan hang your heads in shame. :mad:

Burns should spend a week on the Gypo Coast as Punishment for that miss FFS:banghead:

Taggz needs to do better with his chances.

We will win plenty of games if we play as we did for the first 60 mins cut out the errors and take our chances.

Smurfs had 4 chances of note 2 went in 1 hit the bar and Birraz saved the follow up. We on the other hand ****ed up at least 3 we should be scoring from

militiamon
01-12-2013, 01:57 AM
^^ The Member's pre-game chat with me (y'all jealous?) turned out to be quite prophetic.

Trip highlights:

- Pre-game cultural tour courtesy of selassie, omg kreans :wub:
- Pre-game chat with The Member
- Blokes getting their cocks out in a show of solidarity to the absent Tobedog (unfortunately I didn't see this)
- A well-known individual being taken out by furns with a flag to the face :rof: unlucky m8
- Train carriage on the way home and Stereosonic chicks :cool:
- Selfies with Hamsik on the train

MFKS
01-12-2013, 02:01 AM
^^ The Member's pre-game chat with me (y'all jealous?) turned out to be quite prophetic.

Trip highlights:

- Pre-game cultural tour courtesy of selassie, omg kreans :wub:
- Pre-game chat with The Member
- Blokes getting their cocks out in a show of solidarity to the absent Tobedog (unfortunately I didn't see this)
- A well-known individual being taken out by furns with a flag to the face :rof: unlucky m8

Yeah the exact thing that went through my head just after that goal was scored was that chat we had about 1 hour earlier about left backs and the shit ones we have cause they ain't left backs :banghead:

hawk
01-12-2013, 09:13 AM
out of position excuses :(. I know peepz isnt a LB but he had a job to do and for 2 weeks was very ordinary. Who ever put him there is at equal fault and should be coaching youth.
I thought PV4 might have got a run but they put Bridges on instead, how do ya feel?

WolfMan
01-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I reckon the experiment of playing an average midfielder who adds depth to the squad as your starting left back should probably be killed now.
Burns, ffs, score a fxxkin goal.
And Bridges, please retire. Think your first five touches were losing the ball. We can do that with shit Australian players like Brown, don't need you taking up an import spot to lose possession.

Not trying to be funny, but isn't he an Australian Citizen now? Or shortly perhaps?

plague
01-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Not trying to be funny, but isn't he an Australian Citizen now? Or shortly perhaps?

Yeah according to the club it comes through in about 6-8 weeks.

terry
01-12-2013, 10:13 AM
why do we lie down to these kunts all the time. delpixhisass goes off and we lose our heads. another spineless cant come behind blueshit fest

The Dunster
01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Based on his performance this season Bridges should be deported rather than given citizenship. The bloke doesn't even dominate against NYL and state league teams ffs.

weston
01-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Apart from Gallaway our left back has been a problem (not that he has been great but he has been satisfactory). Why are we putting players in the left back role who haven't played there before when we have Craig Goodwin doing nothing come game day now. Yeh he is better further up the park but with Nathan Burns doing well up there (exceot for patches) i can understand Burns starting. But having Goodwin overlapping him could be really good (providing burns learns to pass, or even cross before beating a minimum of 10 players first).

Why does James Brown get on the bench? He has rarely shown anything last season and so far this season. Surely when a player is not performing you give other guys a go. Give the bench spot to a youth player for a week and give them 10 or 15 minutes and see what they do. James Brown is just not cutting it.

Michael Bridges. I like the guy. Alot of you guys don't. But it's time he gave it up. I would like him to stay at the club in some sort of role but i really don't think that role should be playing. I feel he should retire before or at the start of the next transfer window to allow someone else to come in. Appreciate his efforts etc, but he is not Ryan Giggs, he really can't keep going. Retiring now instead of leaving it till the end of the season may see him save the respect he currently has (maybe even gain a little more) rather than stretch it out, let the team down with poor performances and lose the respect people have for him.

hawk
01-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Michael Bridges. I like the guy. Alot of you guys don't. But it's time he gave it up.

I think alot of people like him but because he wont leave the playing squad causes angst. Saw him at wests :blush: having dinner so we're bestys

I thought Burns did quite well in general play but his shooting was terrible. who else can take pens?

militiamon
01-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Apart from Gallaway our left back has been a problem (not that he has been great but he has been satisfactory). Why are we putting players in the left back role who haven't played there before when we have Craig Goodwin doing nothing come game day now. Yeh he is better further up the park but with Nathan Burns doing well up there (exceot for patches) i can understand Burns starting. But having Goodwin overlapping him could be really good (providing burns learns to pass, or even cross before beating a minimum of 10 players first).

Reports from the youth game earlier in the day (courtesy of MFKS, Body) were that Goodwin was atrocious. By the sounds of it I can't see him being given a starting role any time soon, the kid is fxxxed.

who else can take any kind of goal-scoring opportunity?

fixed :gent:

GazFish35
01-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Can't help but think if BK was in goals and let one in at his near post, and slapped at a few crosses he'd be hung drawn and quartered. Why the double standard? Birraz was well below his best yesterday.

weston
01-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Reports from the youth game earlier in the day (courtesy of MFKS, Body) were that Goodwin was atrocious. By the sounds of it I can't see him being given a starting role any time soon, the kid is fxxxed.

ok. Confidence issue surely?

pistolpete
01-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Can't help but think if BK was in goals and let one in at his near post, and slapped at a few crosses he'd be hung drawn and quartered. Why the double standard? Birraz was well below his best yesterday.

He plays 99 good games out of 100. Kennedy is shit Gav just admit it

joel31
01-12-2013, 04:01 PM
agreed

GazFish35
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Birraz is better. No doubt. No argument.
Kennedy is not shit, and didnt deserve the crap he copped.

longshot
01-12-2013, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=militiamon;55185]Reports from the youth game earlier in the day (courtesy of MFKS, Body) were that Goodwin was atrocious. By the sounds of it I can't see him being given a starting role any time soon, the kid is fxxxed.

From what me and my brother witnessed yesterday Goody had a great game at left back and was quite physical as well. So don't know where you guys are coming from. So I would say things are not what they seem right with GVE. Even Carravella cant get a minute on the park. Maybe these two said something to upset GVE. Goody should be the at left back personally as he is the only one that attacks on overlapping. Burns does some good stuff but will not pass the ball as he doesn't look up. Gallaway is ok at left back too. But Pepps is not a left back.

pistolpete
01-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Birraz is better. No doubt. No argument.
Kennedy is not shit, and didnt deserve the crap he copped.

Agree. No one deserves to cop crap especially when they give their all for the town. He does has some big flaws in his game though IMO, positioning and command of the area both very poor. He is a great shot stopper on his day but I was never confident with him at the back, whereas I was with covic and am with Birra

Hunter403
01-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Put Goodwin at left back accept the errors he will make and let him learn the role. He is still a kid and should be a work in progress. Any errors he makes will be compensated for by the stuff he could bring us in attack. Yeah, I know many of you will say that the A League isn't the place to learn but he will learn faster there than in the youth league and playing with Jaliens can only help

Blackmac79
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Those who say that the A-league isn't the place to learn think the a-league is more than it is.

I pay to see the likes of Kantarovski, Pepper, Goodwin, Brown, learn and make mistakes and when the occasional piece of brilliance comes when one of the 4 of them make it I can say I was there when they started.

**** the likes of bridges, heskey, burns. Can't give a shit about aging pensioners coming for one last pay check.

Grimario
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
**** the likes of bridges, heskey, burns. Can't give a shit about aging pensioners coming for one last pay check.

25 year old pensioner??!! Must make him a coastie...

Thomas477
01-12-2013, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=militiamon;55185]Reports from the youth game earlier in the day (courtesy of MFKS, Body) were that Goodwin was atrocious. By the sounds of it I can't see him being given a starting role any time soon, the kid is fxxxed.

From what me and my brother witnessed yesterday Goody had a great game at left back and was quite physical as well. So don't know where you guys are coming from. So I would say things are not what they seem right with GVE. Even Carravella cant get a minute on the park. Maybe these two said something to upset GVE. Goody should be the at left back personally as he is the only one that attacks on overlapping. Burns does some good stuff but will not pass the ball as he doesn't look up. Gallaway is ok at left back too. But Pepps is not a left back.

Caravella has not been playing well this season, so I'm surprised that you're not happy that he's not playing. He basically cost us the first game vs Sydney.

belchardo
01-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Pretty poor game I thought, but I haven't watched the replay.

Had a chat to ljubo before the game. Nice guy, put up with me bailing him up for 5 minutes. :) he tipped sydney as well.

hawk
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Those who say that the A-league isn't the place to learn think the a-league is more than it is.

I pay to see the likes of Kantarovski, Pepper, Goodwin, Brown, learn and make mistakes and when the occasional piece of brilliance comes when one of the 4 of them make it I can say I was there when they started.

i'd rather take the cup

Blackmac79
01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
... What cup..

seldom
02-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Brown....the Ian Baker Finch of football

BodyNovo
02-12-2013, 08:30 AM
on goodwin, i only saw 60 minutes of the youth game and in that time he looked like a lost individual who would only do something if given the ball, josh mitchell looked more interested than he did.

i agree his confidence is completely shot, we have 2 choices put him in the first team at LB and persist with him there or you turn him into a complete attacking player, we can't keep swapping him around on the park as its obviously meddling with his head.

i would put him at lb tbh as he is the only complete left footer in the team we have besides mitchell :o and i think GVE is set on having burns on the left to allow him to cut in.

if it doesn't work out for him i can see him at adelaide next year.

Superdylan
02-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Trip highlights:

Hahaha ffs

MFKS
02-12-2013, 03:47 PM
on goodwin, i only saw 60 minutes of the youth game and in that time he looked like a lost individual who would only do something if given the ball, josh mitchell looked more interested than he did.

i agree his confidence is completely shot, we have 2 choices put him in the first team at LB and persist with him there or you turn him into a complete attacking player, we can't keep swapping him around on the park as its obviously meddling with his head.

i would put him at lb tbh as he is the only complete left footer in the team we have besides mitchell :o and i think GVE is set on having burns on the left to allow him to cut in.

if it doesn't work out for him i can see him at adelaide next year.

I was there for the full 90. First half he barely kept his position and was either back when he needed to be forward or forward when he needed to be back. Second half he did better with this but whether that was being under the coaches nose or something was said at Ht who knows.

His body language all game was poor. He had a free kick 3 mins in and put it over the bar. Nothing to stress about but his head dropped straight after it.

He made one run of note in the first half before flashing a shot wide where it looked like he was having a go. The rest of the time it was almost like he didn't care. Not the performance you want to see from a First team player in the Yoofs trying to give GVE a case for inclusion. Josh Mitchell on the other hand performed like a model pro and did his bit to help the kids out and done his chances of a first team recall no harm. (Still Shit in my eyes though)

On the basis of Goodwin's performance you could make a case Goodwin doesn't deserve a start in the Yoof next weekend and his spot would be better off going to a kid until he pulls his finger out and has a go

russjaybee
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Told you guys we'd loose.