PDA

View Full Version : Number 2 Sports Ground configured for FOOTBALL!

late_to_the_game
26-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Had a look at the ground today, all marked out for football for the special Olympics.

The council ground staff re-sowed the ground with couch at the start of spring, and it is looking really good. The reason for the re-sow was that the union guys used the ground so much that in large areas the Kikuyu was completely gone - which became very obvious once the winter rye grass had been killed off.

I would love to put on my boots and knock a ball around, the surface is as flat as I have seen anywhere.

terryk
28-11-2013, 07:01 PM
It would have been much better NCC to spend that money on some of our local "Football" grounds that will leave a legacy by our code for our code. I could think of many State League grounds that could do with the money. By playing at No. 2 we are promoting the development for a ground and code that will never serve our interests. Same goes for Asian Cup with an apparent bagful of monies to be spent on No. 2, a brand new facility so why would it need it, which will only benefit Rugby Union, and maybe Rugby League into the future.

Had a look at the ground today, all marked out for football for the special Olympics.

The council ground staff re-sowed the ground with couch at the start of spring, and it is looking really good. The reason for the re-sow was that the union guys used the ground so much that in large areas the Kikuyu was completely gone - which became very obvious once the winter rye grass had been killed off.

I would love to put on my boots and knock a ball around, the surface is as flat as I have seen anywhere.

ForeverRed
28-11-2013, 08:30 PM
It would have been much better NCC to spend that money on some of our local "Football" grounds that will leave a legacy by our code for our code. I could think of many State League grounds that could do with the money. By playing at No. 2 we are promoting the development for a ground and code that will never serve our interests. Same goes for Asian Cup with an apparent bagful of monies to be spent on No. 2, a brand new facility so why would it need it, which will only benefit Rugby Union, and maybe Rugby League into the future.

wanderers would be rubbing their hands together no doubt, I expect they would be running the tuck shop there

namwob99
28-11-2013, 11:19 PM
wanderers would be rubbing their hands together no doubt, I expect they would be running the tuck shop there
And you could help with drainage!!

terryk
29-11-2013, 12:17 AM
I hope they do, they put on a good spread if you ask me...

Zico
29-11-2013, 07:57 AM
And you could help with drainage!!
:yay:

ForeverRed
29-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Maybe the Greek national team could use broadmeadows ground for their World Cup preparations , Macedonia won't be needing it
😄😄😄

wannabe
29-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Maybe the Greek national team could use broadmeadows ground for their World Cup preparations , Macedonia won't be needing it
😄😄😄

:yay::yay::yay::roflz::roflz::roflz:

namwob99
29-11-2013, 08:56 AM
😄😄😄

Why would they be preparing in Australia when the World Cup is in Brazil?

cobra23
29-11-2013, 09:52 AM
forevered read needs to stop eating his own chicken shit, his jealousy over other clubs is sickning

cobra23
29-11-2013, 09:59 AM
The funny thing is the most whinging idiots on this forum are the ones from southy and olympic, the only two clubs that that dont have there own grounds.

ForeverRed
29-11-2013, 10:38 AM
forevered read needs to stop eating his own chicken shit, his jealousy over other clubs is sickning
You have it all wrong buddy, read through the forum and you will understand, I have know problem with other clubs, just people who bag mine

cobra23
29-11-2013, 10:54 AM
You have it all wrong buddy, read through the forum and you will understand, I have know problem with other clubs, just people who bag mine

so what has namwob got to do with magic then?
you started by dribbling your usual crap about magic, rubbing there hands together, running the tuck shop etc.
its all jealousy mate,

boz-monaut
29-11-2013, 11:10 AM
this thread is going no where - bans to be given out once I get to a real computer