PDA

View Full Version : NewFM

NewFM 2014
09-12-2013, 10:48 AM
So what's the low down for the forth coming season ? tips for promotion ? is there promotion ? who will make finals ? and who will be for the wooden spoon ? will there be relegation this season ?

ForeverRed
09-12-2013, 12:07 PM
No promotion if Thornton or singleton win the competition as did not apply for an NPL license

outsider
09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
No promotion if Thornton or singleton win the competition as did not apply for an NPL license

No need to worry about promotion if Singo or Thornton win New FM because the world will end if that happens

MFKS
09-12-2013, 08:47 PM
MAITLAND sporting grounds will receive a boost of more than $140,000 under funding unveiled on Monday.

Netball, rugby and soccer grounds are among those to receive state government grants Maitland MP Robyn Parker announced in the city on Monday.
See your ad here

The area will gain $50,000 towards a Maitland District Netball Association plan to build a $1.6 million centre at Maitland Park and $25,000 to upgrade Maitland Rugby Club at Marcellin Park.

Thornton Sportsground will also gain more than $15,000 towards tiered spectator seating after Thornton Redbacks Football Club won its bid.

Maitland City Council will also use $50,000 to build an accessible toilet and ramp at Maitland No 1 Sportsground.

‘‘There was strong competition for the available funds and a high level of interest from the community with 40 applications in total from 38 organisations,’’ Ms Parker said.

‘‘I look forward to seeing the benefits to our communities as projects are undertaken and put into use across Maitland.’’

Interesting that our code gets the left over change with the handouts

NewFM 2014
10-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Valentine will surely go straight back up given the size of the club and the squad they had in the NBN.

Mitchy
10-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Valentine will surely go straight back up given the size of the club and the squad they had in the NBN.

Maitland

Bremsstrahlung
10-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Maitland.
Valo + Belswans + Thornton in the mix.

curious_fan
10-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Promotion also requires the required junior A Grades sides to be in place the season a side wins NewFm.

Maitland at this stage would be my favourite but I think any top four will be wide open and test the depth all clubs can build. Be interesting to see if clubs pick up any unexpected starters after xmas once NBN clubs have nominated their top 20 players and some perhaps are released or realise its unlikely they will be seeing First grade opportunities.

De-Champ
11-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Haven't Maitland already signed a few new players? They would not have much room left under the points system, unless they offload some of the squad from last year.

Imyourhero
11-12-2013, 11:12 AM
They do have a large amount of players who have come from the club and are coming up into the first team.

Newy
11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
My mail is Maitland have lost up to 10 players including humble and Elphick to injuries and the Peruvian (heading home) and a couple of defenders.... I'd say they will be top 4 .... Belswans and Valo will be there or there abouts...

NewFM 2014
11-12-2013, 03:32 PM
My mail is Maitland have lost up to 10 players including humble and Elphick to injuries and the Peruvian (heading home) and a couple of defenders.... I'd say they will be top 4 .... Belswans and Valo will be there or there abouts...

Wow ten players for any club to lose is a lot - guess it just depends on the quality you are losing

Maitland certainly appear to be serious this year - they lost there coach to Adamstown did they not so the new coach must be making his mark.

Have they not signed josh Costello , Harry maguire and I thought Abe wheelhouse as well till I read a post on another thread saying they have axed him already.

What about the other clubs in the comp - any news of signings with them ?

I still reckon Valentine will be really strong as heard they had held their entire team from NBN last year

NewFM 2014
11-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Does the points system get used in newfm ? I thought just NBN ?

curious_fan
11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Does the points system get used in newfm ? I thought just NBN ?

Correct , points system does not apply to NewFm.

NewFM 2014
14-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Correct , points system does not apply to NewFm.

Thanks , makes sense as it would have been silly in my opinion having a points system in the newfm comp

NewFM 2014
14-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Heard that Scott Ballie is new coach at singleton , wonder if they will be more competitive now

Also heard that Maitland have signed another Adamstown player

Roger Dowdell - great signing if true and gives them some strikers in him and Benny Martin

seldom
15-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Heard that Scott Ballie is new coach at singleton , wonder if they will be more competitive now

Also heard that Maitland have signed another Adamstown player

Roger Dowdell - great signing if true and gives them some strikers in him and Benny Martin

You'd hope so considering the ridiculous money they're offering players

Newy
15-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Has valentine signed anyone ?? Bel swans?

boz-monaut
15-12-2013, 01:41 PM
there is a thread to discuss player movements - new season threads for each competition will be started in the new year

apologies for closing this, we just need to keep this forum tidy given the way a lot of you post