PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Football Youth Elites

terryk
11-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Does anybody have a clear understanding of what Richard Hartley and Newcastle Football are initiating with regards to their Elites program? Is this in direct opposition to what Northern are trying to achieve?

ForeverRed
11-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Yes it is

late_to_the_game
11-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Actually no it is not. I went to the briefing given by Newcastle Football and the key points are:

They wanted to get good coaching to more young players.
The skill acquisition program that Hunter and Macquarie signed up for would only have benefited about 28 players per age group per zone. Northern wants this so that they only have to look at the three groups of 28 to pick the Emerging Jets teams.
Newcastle are taking a different approach where the players will stay with their clubs (if the are an "A" grade team) and this team will train once a week under the guidance of the Newcastle staff coaches. So coaching the coaches and the players. Their other session will be back at the club.
Where the games are played will vary by age group, with most of them played at the Newcastle football fields, so that the NF coaches can watch the games.

The 28 that will compete with the skill acq squads will be picked on current form from the players in the program.

It is an interesting attempt to address some of the criticism of the rep program, being:
The players stay with the clubs.
NF will be helping the coaches improve.
More kids will benefit from this program than previously. This also means the when the U13 NPL teams are picked, there will be (hopefully) more of a pool of players to pick from. There needs to be about 154 kids to fill the U13 NPL teams. Using the skill acq model only 3 x 28 (86) kids will have had rep level coaching....

I very rarely agree with Richard :banghead:, but I think this program has merit, it just depends on how the details work out.

Also, there is a separate linked program being run to support the kids at a club that does not have enough good players to be a part of the program.

seldom
11-12-2013, 11:25 PM
sounds positive to me...the more youngins exposed to quality coaching the better I say

The Magician
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Actually no it is not. I went to the briefing given by Newcastle Football and the key points are:

The skill acquisition program that Hunter and Macquarie signed up for would only have benefited about 28 players per age group per zone. Northern wants this so that they only have to look at the three groups of 28 to pick the Emerging Jets teams.
Newcastle are taking a different approach where the players will stay with their clubs (if the are an "A" grade team) and this team will train once a week under the guidance of the Newcastle staff coaches. So coaching the coaches and the players. Their other session will be back at the club.
Where the games are played will vary by age group, with most of them played at the Newcastle football fields, so that the NF coaches can watch the games.

The 28 that will compete with the skill acq squads will be picked on current form from the players in the program.

It is an interesting attempt to address some of the criticism of the rep program, being:
More kids will benefit from this program than previously. This also means the when the U13 NPL teams are picked, there will be (hopefully) more of a pool of players to pick from. There needs to be about 154 kids to fill the U13 NPL teams. Using the skill acq model only 3 x 28 (86) kids will have had rep level coaching....

I very rarely agree with Richard :banghead:, but I think this program has merit, it just depends on how the details work out.

Also, there is a separate linked program being run to support the kids at a club that does not have enough good players to be a part of the program.

If the kids train one night a week with NF and play at NF grounds... what benefit does the club have in actually registering these teams, considering most teams only train 2 night a week anyways. e.g. loss of revenue from parents who will no longer be attending home club fixtures and training at their home club, clubs must incur the cost of registering these teams with the only method for renumeration being the registration itself to cover the cost of training facilities and coaching.

Why don't NF just open up their own Super Super Skills Aquisition Program- Whole Aproach Registration (SSSAP-WAR), pick 110 kids from all over newcastle, let them have no interaction with their clubs and have the nest coaches NF can afford. and they can play round robins all year.

Zico
12-12-2013, 02:59 PM

Sounds like a great idea. Hope it works and is adopted by the other 2 zones.

curious_fan
12-12-2013, 10:21 PM

A possible interesting aside will be New Fm clubs, who under their NPL Licences are required to hold A Grade sides in junior ages. Will they be willing to invest possible future players into a system designed for them to be coached by non club coaches (and therefore different formations & tactics) for the purpose of potentially losing those higher quality players.

terryk
13-12-2013, 12:13 AM
If the kids train one night a week with NF and play at NF grounds... what benefit does the club have in actually registering these teams, considering most teams only train 2 night a week anyways. e.g. loss of revenue from parents who will no longer be attending home club fixtures and training at their home club, clubs must incur the cost of registering these teams with the only method for renumeration being the registration itself to cover the cost of training facilities and coaching.

Why don't NF just open up their own Super Super Skills Aquisition Program- Whole Aproach Registration (SSSAP-WAR), pick 110 kids from all over newcastle, let them have no interaction with their clubs and have the nest coaches NF can afford. and they can play round robins all year.

Why wouldn't they play at their club home ground???

The Magician
13-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Why wouldn't they play at their club home ground???

because the competition will exclusively be played at Wallarah No1 or 2 and Edden, ""with most of them played at the Newcastle football fields, so that the NF coaches can watch the games."" NF has invested bags of money into these facilities recently so they need to get some use out of these to validate their investment... Facility tug-o-war between Jaffas and NF. Jaffas want then to F** Off.

Thats why they wont be playing at their home grounds on the weekend.

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 10:12 AM
This thread sounds very elitist.