PDA

View Full Version : A-League All Stars V Juventus

Premy
12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Date: 10 August 2014
Venue: ANZ Stadium Sydney

Blackmac79
12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Would go but I am not paying $200 a ticket.

belchardo
12-12-2013, 01:34 PM
sauce?

Rocknerd
12-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Italian Football is shit

q-money
12-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Italian Football is shit

check out this ****ing caveman

BodyNovo
12-12-2013, 02:23 PM
check out this ****ing caveman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5klx3ZFd0

using a q man fav

hopefully the midfield 4 of Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal & Marchisio all play.

joel31
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
That goal :fap:

q-money
12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
a-league merda

russjaybee
12-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Was that near the end of the game?

Intensity (N)

parksey
12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Yew

hawk
12-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Date: 10 August 2014
Venue: ANZ Stadium Sydney

not another moist sao contest, pass.

Jeterpool
12-12-2013, 08:53 PM
RBB early faves to represent Australian crowds?

seldom
12-12-2013, 10:05 PM

lol

plague
12-12-2013, 10:12 PM
FFA just announced that in honour of the great mans contribution to Australian and World football, Del Piero will play 30 mins in an All-Star shirt, 30 minutes in a Juve shirt and 30 minutes in a referee shirt.

seldom
12-12-2013, 10:19 PM
FFA just announced that in honour of the great mans contribution to Australian and World football, Del Piero will play 30 mins in an All-Star shirt, 30 minutes in a Juve shirt and 30 minutes in a referee shirt.

last 90 mins ?.....your dreamin

Premy
12-12-2013, 10:44 PM

He seems to play in a Sydney and Referee shirt at the same time maybe he could do the same in the All-star game.

selassie
13-12-2013, 05:33 PM
not forgetting tevez and llorente.

still these cvnts couldn't get past gala.

q-money
13-12-2013, 05:41 PM

lol

Premy
21-12-2013, 10:02 AM
http://m.442.com.au/News/Article.aspx?CIID=368178

joel31
02-04-2014, 03:09 PM
https://email.footballfamily.com.au/pub/sf/ResponseForm?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGzblpm6JeF JphCLtrO36y42TLkTKKtInVXMtX%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGzbBgzcX YiAzdcP6keOeX8Tq6dLkTKKtIn&_ei_=EgGBIDcjwIzOVfIwYjIrwVE
you can vote on the A-League Allstars coach

Personally I went with Gombau

BodyNovo
02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
i went gombau as well

but tony will get it.

pv4
02-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Mulvey will shit it in IMO

I voted Zane just to support that local :cool:

Jeterpool
02-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Could you imagine Kenny Lowe. The ensuing hilarity would be worth it alone.

MFKS
02-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Mulvey will shit it in IMO

I voted Zane just to support that local :cool:

Didn't realise Zane was a Gypo??

seldom
03-04-2014, 12:00 AM
wanted us to play high intensity,possession based football but there was no van egmond choice...so i went for the LOLs with kenny lowe

joel31
03-04-2014, 05:56 AM
wanted us to play high intensity,possession based football but there was no van egmond choice...so i went for the LOLs with kenny lowe
but there's gombau

joel31
03-04-2014, 05:58 AM
but there's gombau

Grimario
07-04-2014, 10:13 PM
but there's gombau

And he will coach them.

Only 16k total votes. Sounds like interest in the concept has waned already.

GazFish35
07-04-2014, 10:20 PM
How many votes last time?

lquiquer
07-04-2014, 10:20 PM
And he will coach them.

Only 16k total votes. Sounds like interest in the concept has waned already.

Tiki taka all stars

lquiquer
07-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Tiki taka all stars

Loose 6-0

joel31
08-04-2014, 10:56 AM
its gonna be official today http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1186198/Gombau-to-coach-All-Stars

Jetmaster
08-04-2014, 01:18 PM
"Thith maketh me tho proud....I am much forward looking to the game - I'm berry, berry, heppy!!!"

joel31
08-04-2014, 06:07 PM
https://vote.a-leagueallstars.com.au/teampicker/v/5343af97e010c#.U0OvctK_nIV
Heres my team. What are some of yours?

Thomas477
08-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Hysugems?
Eugene?
Sidnei?
Ferreira?

Wow.

joel31
08-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Hysugems?
Eugene?
Sidnei?
Ferreira?

Wow.
trying to pick a player from every team
galekovic is the best keeper. Sidnei has been pretty good and Ferreira has been great

joel31
08-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I forgot to put Milligan in though

Jeterpool
08-04-2014, 08:08 PM
trying to pick a player from every team
galekovic is the best keeper. Sidnei has been pretty good and Ferreira has been great

I forgot to put Milligan in though

Same principles applied by me.

Same mistake too.

Mine was something like:

Eugene

Franjic-Dura-Bosnar-Traore

Engelaar-Broich-Mooy

Carrusca-Taggart-Del Piero

Res - Moss, J Griff, Thwaite and Bratten

No balance but meh, should have put in Milligan but he'll be at the world cup or just come back.

plague
08-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Vote for Taggz and the Artist Formerly Known As The Beard.
Stuff the rest.

hawk
08-04-2014, 09:36 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Qj2w1Y0Ku2k/UuruSORaYUI/AAAAAAAADVU/2WudP91lhGo/s1600/Kicked-in-the-Nads.jpg

lquiquer
08-04-2014, 09:41 PM
My team

Theo
Franjic - Spiranovic - Gallas - Traore
Milligan - Engelaar
Ono - ADP - Broich
Taggart

Galekovic - Kisnorbo - Berisha - Rogic

PS: Only one EX Gypo MFKS (and on the bench)

pv4
08-04-2014, 10:01 PM
----------------Eugene--------------------
Franjic--Spira--Jaliens--Traore
----------Milligan--Brattan-----------
Ferreira--------ADP---------Broich
-----------------Taggart------------------

Biraz, Williams, Troisi, Brillante, Berisha, Zullo, Kisnorbo, Roux, Miller, McKay

Half your side lquiquer have played less than half a season :rof:

pv4
08-04-2014, 10:05 PM
There's been some great players though.

Pretty much all of adelaides visa players, some of sydneys serbs, all probably are worth a shout. Even Abbas has been great recently. And I've left out the majority of the BR side who legit walked the league :rof:

lquiquer
08-04-2014, 10:16 PM

Biraz, Williams, Troisi, Brillante, Berisha, Zullo, Kisnorbo, Roux, Miller, McKay

Half a season Yeah but Tiki-taka Gambau will have them ready for the 10th of August. Saint Laurent day....my day..., San Lorenzo's day!!'...Pope Francis's team.... Nothing can happen to us......!!!!! We win we win... Wait Juve scored 6 and us none!!!

pv4
08-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Tbh there's even argument enough to have Reddy in the side. I would have said Vuko but he left. They're both decent shouts behind Eugene imo. Theo has been average the last couple of seasons imo

lquiquer
08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Tbh there's even argument enough to have Reddy in the side. I would have said Vuko but he left. They're both decent shouts behind Eugene imo. Theo has been average the last couple of seasons imo

Theo has won 4 titles out of 8 a league seasons and could well win one more soon. Pretty impressive IMO. Don't think he has been that bad lately.

pv4
09-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Theo has won 4 titles out of 8 a league seasons and could well win one more soon. Pretty impressive IMO. Don't think he has been that bad lately.

Theo has made multiple of the mistakes that Biraz did at Coast away, this season - if Biraz made that many mistakes, he'd be crucified for not being a local (well, more than he is now). I put his premiership walk-in this season more down to the team in front of him more than anything else. IMO Biraz, Vuko, Hugene, Reddy have all easily performed better than Theo over the season.

GazFish35
09-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Theo has made multiple of the mistakes that Biraz did at Coast away, this season - if Biraz made that many mistakes, he'd be crucified for not being a local (well, more than he is now). I put his premiership walk-in this season more down to the team in front of him more than anything else. IMO Biraz, Vuko, Hugene, Reddy have all easily performed better than Theo over the season.

Has theo ****ed up twice in a derby and taken to twitter to say he doesn't care?

lquiquer
09-04-2014, 07:21 AM

With Josep in charge you need a keeper who can play from the back....Theo can. Biraz can't play from the back and his kicking game is atrocious.

leftrightout
09-04-2014, 07:35 AM
My team

Theo
Milligan - Engelaar
Ono - ADP - Broich
Taggart

This is pretty much bang on for me but i would change Theo for Eugene, he is the best keeper in the league!

Troisi will be abit hard done by not getting a run off the bench too but cant have everyone.

pv4
09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
So you guys want Gallas (11 games) and Engelaar (10 games) to represent the best players of the entire season. And then want to play Shinji at RW.

And then you want Rogic on the bench, who has played 7 games for Victory, gone off injured in the first half last weekend, and has realistically done nothing since returning (largely down to his injury) and been outshone by Troisi.

The allstars needs to be about giving credit to the best performers of their position over the entire season, not just the bigger names in the league IMO. Probably the only exception I'm happy to make is putting Franjic at RB (he's played RW the entire year), but I'm happy for any and every one to want that.

MFKS
09-04-2014, 08:07 AM
My team

Theo
Milligan - Engelaar
Ono - ADP - Broich
Taggart

Won't Rogic be back at Celtic after his Victree loan finishes at the time of this All Star match???

pv4
09-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Must also point out that IMO there is no way in hell that Brattan doesn't deserve this. He has been out-freaking-standing this season. Not only an Allstar definite, but a potential World Cup bolter IMO.

lquiquer
09-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Won't Rogic be back at Celtic after his Victree loan finishes at the time of this All Star match???

What's the rule? Do you have to be contracted to an A-league club at the time of the game (10th August) or if you played / have played in the current A-league season that makes you eligible?..... Also 10th august is pretty much off season in Scotland, Gallas might have retired by the time, Taggart could be in Europe, Griff in Malaysia...etc......

Grimario
09-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I don't think there are any rules. Remember last year how half of the selected defenders weren't available so Chapman got a call up? Pretty sure clubs can make them unavailable, they can be "injured" and if you have moved overseas/retired, tough luck FFA.

Grimario
09-04-2014, 09:23 AM
I didn't **** about with some of the "better make sure there is someone from every team" shit. Heart, Glory and Nix haven't got anyone worthy of being in an All Stars team unless you are going on piss weak half season performances or basing it off reputation.

That was almost identical to my team. Had Brillante and Troisi in instead of ADP and Milligan. Bench was Theo, Berisha, Roux and some Adelaide player.

I don't buy in to the "every team must have a player" BS... Nix, Heart, Glory have all been shit for most of the season, why would anyone get picked? If we didn't have three standout performers across the entire season (and 8 ****ing donkeys), we wouldn't have a look in either.

Premy
09-04-2014, 09:24 AM
I don't think there are any rules. Remember last year how half of the selected defenders weren't available so Chapman got a call up? Pretty sure clubs can make them unavailable, they can be "injured" and if you have moved overseas/retired, tough luck FFA.
Rules changed start of this season so everyone signs a FFA contract as well as a Club contract.

Premy
09-04-2014, 09:25 AM
How has Matt Smith been overlooked by everyone? I would actually have him as a late bolter for the national team too.

pv4
09-04-2014, 09:30 AM
How has Matt Smith been overlooked by everyone? I would actually have him as a late bolter for the national team too.

The puddle > Matt Smith

Grimario
09-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Shit and English. Neill will go to the WC before that hack.

joel31
09-04-2014, 10:10 AM
So you guys want Gallas (11 games) and Engelaar (10 games) to represent the best players of the entire season. And then want to play Shinji at RW.

And then you want Rogic on the bench, who has played 7 games for Victory, gone off injured in the first half last weekend, and has realistically done nothing since returning (largely down to his injury) and been outshone by Troisi.

The allstars needs to be about giving credit to the best performers of their position over the entire season, not just the bigger names in the league IMO. Probably the only exception I'm happy to make is putting Franjic at RB (he's played RW the entire year), but I'm happy for any and every one to want that.
when engelaar plays hes been excellent.

q-money
09-04-2014, 10:11 AM
how could you not have brattan in your side ay, the bloke is head and shoulders above anyone else in da z-league this year

joel31
09-04-2014, 10:15 AM
how could you not have brattan in your side ay, the bloke is head and shoulders above anyone else in da z-league this year
I was throwing up between him and isais

MFKS
09-04-2014, 12:42 PM
What's the rule? Do you have to be contracted to an A-league club at the time of the game (10th August) or if you played / have played in the current A-league season that makes you eligible?..... Also 10th august is pretty much off season in Scotland, Gallas might have retired by the time, Taggart could be in Europe, Griff in Malaysia...etc......

Off season in Scotland???

The Scottish Leagues start earlier than the English Leagues which usually start mid August .

Not sure if the EPL will be put back for the WC to allow more rest for the players or not but Celtic should either be in their season or be finalising preparations for the SPL as there won't be much delay on the SPL seeing as Scotland ain't going to Brazil

lquiquer
09-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Off season in Scotland???

The Scottish Leagues start earlier than the English Leagues which usually start mid August .

Not sure if the EPL will be put back for the WC to allow more rest for the players or not but Celtic should either be in their season or be finalising preparations for the SPL as there won't be much delay on the SPL seeing as Scotland ain't going to Brazil

u right, started 2nd august last year...didn't realize that

pv4
09-04-2014, 12:54 PM
when engelaar plays hes been excellent.

No doubt, but I still think it should be chosen on form over the whole season.

Scott Neville was the Jerks standout player in the 5 games he played this season. Seeing especially Rogic, but even Gallas & Engelaar, in peoples teams seems as ridiculous as putting Neville in there IMO (if you take the liberty I have for this argument that disregards current injury status)

pv4
09-04-2014, 12:55 PM

The puddle > Matt Smith

But srs I rate Smith so highly, I just rate Spira, Jaliens & even Kisnorbo higher this season tbh

belchardo
19-05-2014, 03:21 PM
The top 32 players in order of fan voting for each position are:

Goalkeepers
Eugene Galekovic – Adelaide United
Michael Theo – Brisbane Roar
Ante Covic – Western Sydney Wanderers

Defenders
Michael Zullo – Adelaide United
Ivan Franjic – Brisbane Roar
Matt Smith – Brisbane Roar
Josh Rose – Central Coast Mariners
Storm Roux – Central Coast Mariners
Aziz Behich – Melbourne Heart
Sebastian Ryall – Sydney FC
Sasa Ognenovski – Sydney FC
Matthew Spiranovic – Western Sydney Wanderers
Nikolai Topor-Stanley – Western Sydney Wanderers

Midfielders
Marcelo Carrusca – Adelaide United
Fabio Ferreira – Adelaide United
Luke Brattan – Brisbane Roar
Thomas Broich – Brisbane Roar
Matt McKay – Brisbane Roar
Gui Finkler – Melbourne Victory
Mark Milligan – Melbourne Victory
Tom Rogic – Melbourne Victory
Ali Abbas – Sydney FC
Youssouf Hersi – Perth Glory

Forwards
Alessandro Del Piero
Sergio Cirio – Adelaide United
Bernie Ibini – Central Coast Mariners
David Williams – Melbourne Heart
Besart Berisha – Melbourne Victory
Archie Thompson – Melbourne Victory
James Troisi – Melbourne Victory
Adam Taggart – Newcastle Jets
Tom Juric – Western Sydney Wanderers

we got one in there boys!

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/05/19/league-stars-squad-announced-broich-tops-voting/

Premy
19-05-2014, 03:50 PM
Haha Seb Ryall and Abbas what a joke. Actually glad we only have one player going to this micky mouse nothing game, less players having to worry about picking up a injury.

joel31
19-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Brillante and Kew deserve to be there

joel31
19-05-2014, 04:01 PM
https://vote.a-leagueallstars.com.au/teampicker/v/53799eac84805

Jeterpool
19-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Still beat perth and the Nix (not counting Hersi)

MFKS
19-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Considering Rogic is on loan at Victree and will be required back by then at Celtic why is he even on the list??

Who are the dumb ****s who do this shit??

Grimario
19-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Considering Rogic is on loan at Victree and will be required back by then at Celtic why is he even on the list??

Who are the dumb ****s who do this shit??

Because that's how the all star thing works? It's a popularity contest - Taggart got 10% of votes from Newcastle folk and the other 90% from teenage girls who love his dreamy eyes or some bollocks. It has SFA to do with football as demonstrated by the likes of Archie getting into the list.

hawk
19-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Who are the dumb ****s who care about this shit??

+1 :whistling:

pv4
20-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Haha Seb Ryall and Abbas what a joke.

TBH they've both had great years.

This voting thing makes no sense. I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than 10% of voted teams not include Traore, yet he isn't on the list. I know that MV have released him, but there are at least 5 names on that list that have been released and/or out of contract (loan, mostly) and won't be a contracted HAL player at the time of the game.

Also, allow me to put this out there: Juric & Og played SFA games this season.

Grimario
23-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Biraz added to the squad.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/gombau-finalises-foxtel-a-league-all-stars-squad/1qydq2yyfi4me1a9hdfj0wy9go

BodyNovo
23-07-2014, 10:44 AM
good to see our usual 1 man pick for the all star game.

joel31
23-07-2014, 11:04 AM
taggs and brillante probs would have been there if still in the league

Grimario
23-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Telstra named as shirt front sponsors
Kits are ghastly...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtMNY4uCcAAfsJo.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtMPGIdCYAIp-ZX.jpg:large

Premy
23-07-2014, 12:37 PM
What the yuk

Blackmac79
23-07-2014, 12:39 PM
I hate this whole concept. I wish bad things on it.

leftrightout
23-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Surely they are intentionally trying to make those shirts as ugly as possible?
They are absolutely disgraceful!

Blackmac79
23-07-2014, 01:11 PM
You know what the real shame is. Juve are a damn fine side and if there were playing a team that actually exists I would go watch

plague
23-07-2014, 01:11 PM
How good is this concept going when our back up goalie is an 'All-Star'.

MFKS
23-07-2014, 01:17 PM
How good is this concept going when our back up goalie is an 'All-Star'.

Whatever.

How much you want to bet Birraz is in nets at Shittoungue in Round 1 and BK is riding the pine like he will be for the rest of the season???

hausmann
23-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Size of the Telstra logo says it all.

It's all about the $$$.

Grimario
23-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Size of the Telstra logo says it all.

It's all about the $$$.
Hoping there is a staff competition including flights, accommodation and a pair of tickets for the game :yes:

pv4
23-07-2014, 01:31 PM
I love the allstars concept and modern football in general.

q-money
23-07-2014, 01:34 PM
this will be f*cking great and i will thoroughly enjoy watching the dorito stained nerds of the a-league twittersphere having a resounding cry about it while i watch the great andrea pirlo waltz around the z-grade talent on display from my members seat at ANZ

Blackmac79
23-07-2014, 01:35 PM
this will be f*cking great and i will thoroughly enjoy watching the dorito stained nerds of the a-league twittersphere having a resounding cry about it while i watch the great andrea pirlo waltz around the z-grade talent on display from my members seat at ANZ

Lucky boy

q-money
23-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I love the allstars concept and modern football in general.
hear hear, i hope blackmac enjoys his trip to some shithole peasant club in outer zanzibar to watch a bunch of never was-es preen and moan like their shitty competition means something

pv4
23-07-2014, 01:36 PM

BUT OMG VICTREE VS LIVERPOOL WAS SO GOOD WHY CAN'T WE JUST COPY THAT EVERY SINGLE GAME OF THE YEAR #allstarsvjuve #aleague #bliss

q-money
23-07-2014, 01:47 PM
#ynwa

MFKS
23-07-2014, 01:53 PM

Watching a bloke like Pirlo strut his stuff would be good but the All Star thing is a farce. The blokes playing in it are ****ed and we would be better off just picking 11 young blokes who may progress to Socceroos/ Euro Career one day and letting them have a crack at Juve rather than tossers like Josh Rose Matt Smith Broich and co

But as far as I am concerned pre season games are a ****ing joke to watch. **** paying good money to watch this game.

The prices of tickets would see you make a big dent in a HAL club Membership and I bet you half of these plastic pricks who turn up to this match don't cough up to watch the HAL week in week out.

Will not be watching on TV just as I did with the Manure match last year.

q-money
23-07-2014, 01:58 PM
why would they turn up to the z-league each week when the football served up, by and large, is terrible

boz-monaut
23-07-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't even like soccer

GazFish35
23-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Run at me!

plague
23-07-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't even like Internet forums.

plague
23-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Would watch Juve vs Juve B in a heartbeat though.
Don't rate the concept, but totally understand it.
Besides, it's topics like these that gets the good Member back flinging shit at people. The time difference while he was away really took the air out of his rants sometimes.
Things are better now.
Forza modern fuutbol.

Jeterpool
23-07-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Baggio play. He is still the goal scorer, right?

BodyNovo
01-08-2014, 08:03 AM
just goal an email from biraz, saying i should come along to watch the all stars play

he seems pretty 'phased' about it

something tells me they haven't sold this fixture like the man u game.

MFKS
01-08-2014, 08:25 AM
just goal an email from biraz, saying i should come along to watch the all stars play

he seems pretty 'phased' about it

something tells me they haven't sold this fixture like the man u game.

Why would they have??

To me it was a bizarre choice.

Although to football fans Juventus are a famous club to the non soccer people who turn up to this plastic match that FFA are selling to they would have no idea who they are or not enough appreciation for them.

FFA dropped the ball by choosing them when they would have been better off sourcing Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal etc so all the plastic Aussie fans of these clubs would go or a club like Barca or Real Madrid where CR7 and Lionel Missi could have been the selling point.

Either that or they should get rid of the HAL Allstars concept all together as no one gives a **** about it

Thomas477
01-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Tbh, the reason I'm not going is that the whole marketing has been all about ADP. As I've said before, I am so over everything ADP doing being praised, even when he dives. Plus only having 1 jet in there who probably won't get any game time doesn't interest me.

joel31
02-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm going to see Pirlo and Pogba not the A-League pretenders

joel31
02-08-2014, 09:49 AM
i'm also frustrated that teams get players taken away from their own FFA Cup games for this thing.

Thomas477
02-08-2014, 07:12 PM
i'm also frustrated that teams get players taken away from their own FFA Cup games for this thing.

Yeah, that was pisspoor planning tbh.

Blackmac79
02-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Working well for the Jets.

To be honest I am not fazed at losing Biraz

WolfMan
03-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Working well for the Jets.

To be honest I am not fazed at losing Biraz

:roflz:

Seriously though, me either. BK is more than capable

Grimario
04-08-2014, 10:34 AM
http://www.a-leagueallstars.com.au/article/foxtel-a-league-all-stars-versus-young-socceroos/ntioli5v0b771lugebypeywey

Ahead of Sunday’s clash with Juventus, the Foxtel A-League All Stars will play the Young Socceroos in a friendly on Tuesday night at WIN Stadium in Wollongong.
And adding to the excitement is the prospect of Italian legend Alessandro Del Piero playing his first match on Australian soil since his last Hyundai A-League appearance with Sydney FC in April.

The Foxtel A-League All Stars skipper, who arrived on Sunday night, is set to train with the rest of the squad today (Monday) and if he shows no sign of ill-effects is likely to get some game time against the Young Socceroos.

With less than a week until they face the reigning Serie A champions, Gombau would love to give Del Piero a run as players from all 10 clubs try to form partnerships as quick as possible.

And what an experience it would be for some of Australia’s best young players to share the field with the 2006 World Cup winner and the other big names from the Hyundai A-League.

Judging by recent results Paul Okon’s Young Socceroos side will give the Josep Gombau’s team a perfect tune-up for the battle with the Bianconeri.

The Young Socceroos produced some great performances and results at last month’s 2014 NTC invitational in California, beating both Chile and Bermuda and drawing with the USA.

The FOXTEL A-League All Stars will meet Juventus at ANZ Stadium in Sydney on 10 August with the match to be broadcast live and exclusive on the Seven Network nationally.

Match Details
FOXTEL A-League All Stars v Juventus FC
Sunday 10 August 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Kick-Off: 7:30 pm AEST

Click here to buy your tickets online. To purchase over the phone, please call Ticketek on 132 849 or get your tickets from your local Ticket agency.

Ticket Prices
Category A - $169.50 all tickets
Category B - $99.50 Adult, $59.50 Concession, $258.50 Family
Category C - $59.50 Adult, $39.50 Concession, $158.50 Family
Juventus Active Area - $59.50 Adult, $39.50 Concession

Ticket Prices are inclusive of GST & Booking Fee. Transaction and credit card charges may apply.

Ticket Price includes Public Transport, conditions apply.

Hashtag: #ALvJUVE

The Dunster
04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Why would they have??

To me it was a bizarre choice.

Although to football fans Juventus are a famous club to the non soccer people who turn up to this plastic match that FFA are selling to they would have no idea who they are or not enough appreciation for them.

FFA dropped the ball by choosing them when they would have been better off sourcing Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal etc so all the plastic Aussie fans of these clubs would go or a club like Barca or Real Madrid where CR7 and Lionel Missi could have been the selling point.

Either that or they should get rid of the HAL Allstars concept all together as no one gives a **** about it

The Member obviously hasn't been to Brunswick then.

MFKS
04-08-2014, 11:26 AM
The Member obviously hasn't been to Brunswick then.
The Italian Ex Pat community in Australia do very little to support the game in this country in recent years. Their support has died in the arse really

The Croats and Greeks are the groups that are more than pulling their weight

Thomas477
04-08-2014, 11:50 AM
**** me, no wonder they're not selling tickets. $170 is ****ing rediculous.

furns
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM
The Italian Ex Pat community in Australia do very little to support the game in this country in recent years. Their support has died in the arse really

The Croats and Greeks are the groups that are more than pulling their weightThe initial surge to SFC games when the Italian panda was signed says you are wrong.
SFC then effed it all up by surrounding him with shit, and the support died off.

More than enough Italians will turn out for one game against a marquee Serie A team.

MFKS
04-08-2014, 12:41 PM
The initial surge to SFC games when the Italian panda was signed says you are wrong.
SFC then effed it all up by surrounding him with shit, and the support died off.

More than enough Italians will turn out for one game against a marquee Serie A team.

So I take it that if ain't sold out then that would mean I am right??

q-money
04-08-2014, 12:53 PM
as the last bastion of anglo australia you should be repping hard for the a-league allstars MKFC as it is they who saved the game in this country along with the zionists

furns
04-08-2014, 01:10 PM
So I take it that if ain't sold out then that would mean I am right??
Well it also depends on whether Juve are a drawcard enough to bring people out, whether people can actually give a shit about the All-Stars, if the prices are reasonable, etc etc

If ManUre can attract 80k with a shit team and David Moyes at the helm, then Juve should at least get close to that.

lquiquer
04-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Looks like ADP has to go easy on pizzas!!!!.... 799

Grimario
04-08-2014, 01:17 PM

Thank you for up your intelligent input.

lquiquer
04-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Thank you for up your intelligent input.
You re welcome Aleaguefanatic

Jetmaster
04-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Why are the FOXTEL A-League Allstars being shown on the SEVEN network?

Grimario
04-08-2014, 01:22 PM
You re welcome Aleaguefanatic

I made sure to copy it with mistakes and all. Glad you enjoyed it :beer:

MFKS
04-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Well it also depends on whether Juve are a drawcard enough to bring people out, whether people can actually give a shit about the All-Stars, if the prices are reasonable, etc etc

If ManUre can attract 80k with a shit team and David Moyes at the helm, then Juve should at least get close to that.
ManUre at the time were EPL Champions so they weren't no shit team and no one could have predicted how much of a disaster Moyes would have been.

Juve may well be a famous club for football aficionados but to the average Skip in this country they would have no idea about how big a club they are.
ManUre on the over hand are the poster child for plastic support and you could sell the game out 2-3 times over

As said before the choice is a little bizarre as it would have made more sense to stick to the EPL sides or the likes of Barca Real Madrid where you could have at least used the profile of CR7 and Messi to sell the game.

Vidal Pirlo Pogba etc we may appreciate but Joe Public has NFI who they are here.

furns
04-08-2014, 01:57 PM
ManUre at the time were EPL Champions so they weren't no shit team and no one could have predicted how much of a disaster Moyes would have been.

Juve may well be a famous club for football aficionados but to the average Skip in this country they would have no idea about how big a club they are.
ManUre on the over hand are the poster child for plastic support and you could sell the game out 2-3 times over

As said before the choice is a little bizarre as it would have made more sense to stick to the EPL sides or the likes of Barca Real Madrid where you could have at least used the profile of CR7 and Messi to sell the game.

Vidal Pirlo Pogba etc we may appreciate but Joe Public has NFI who they are here.Yes but beyond three or four EPL teams (and lets face it Real or Barca would charge an absolute mint) then where does the concept go then?
And lets not forget, Juve are the Serie A champions also (for the last three or so seasons).
We saw what the response was like when they brought out lower EPL teams before the All-Stars game was created, they sold ok but arent going to be a genuine marquee ANZ Stadium fixture.

And you say that Joe Public has no idea who the Juve players are, yet they just finished watching a bunch of them at the World Cup.

MFKS
04-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Yes but beyond three or four EPL teams (and lets face it Real or Barca would charge an absolute mint) then where does the concept go then?
And lets not forget, Juve are the Serie A champions also (for the last three or so seasons).
We saw what the response was like when they brought out lower EPL teams before the All-Stars game was created, they sold ok but arent going to be a genuine marquee ANZ Stadium fixture.

And you say that Joe Public has no idea who the Juve players are, yet they just finished watching a bunch of them at the World Cup.

Just cause they watched them at the World Cup doesn't mean they have any idea who they are let alone gonna stump up those type of $$$ for tickets.

Your right other than a few teams out there this concept is going nowhere in its current format. Quite frankly the HAL supporters out here who follow the league do not care enough to go pay over the market value to watch a cobbled together HAL select side get pumped by a Euro side in pre season going at 70%

That leaves it to the casual sports fan and plastic supporter and you have to pick the right side.

FFA would be better off giving the game to the Champions as a reward for winning the toilet seat than playing this cobbled together side of a former Juve star well past his prime who is almost retired and some HAL nobodies.

At least the Champions might be a cohesive side that would at least get their supporters interested in fronting up for the game.

Actually got asked to go to the game by 2 blokes who claim to support the game and don't go to the HAL but rather watch the game on TV late at night in their lounge rooms when they can be bothered as they aren't exactly what you would call died in the wool fans of their chosen bandwagon team.

Says a lot about who this games appealing to

joel31
04-08-2014, 04:12 PM
what an ugly training kit?

Grimario
04-08-2014, 04:17 PM
what an ugly training kit?

Compared to the playing kit, I think it is brilliant.

Thomas477
04-08-2014, 04:49 PM
And to think, this is our supplier as well!

lquiquer
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Not interested in that All Stars concept... It's condescending to the A-league... Proof is no such thing exists in Europe or South America .... Have u ever heard of Premier League All Stars or La Liga All Stars???.... Hate it.... #ClubVclub

sammydog
04-08-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not a fan of it either. Would have happily gone to watch an a-league club play against Juventus, won't bother with the allstars game. Much like I passed on the Man Utd game.

la bazzle
04-08-2014, 11:29 PM
MLS All-stars got Bayern, bastards

plague
04-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Have u ever heard of Premier League All Stars or La Liga All Stars???.... Hate it.... #ClubVclub

I remember reading somewhere that back in the day London based teams used to get together to form an All Stars type thing to play in some legit cup competition.

I read it in a book so may not be true until it appears on the internetz.

Any old people know anything about this?

plague
05-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Not interested in that All Stars concept... It's condescending to the A-league... Proof is no such thing exists in Europe or South America .... Have u ever heard of Premier League All Stars or La Liga All Stars???.... Hate it.... #ClubVclub

Incorrect.

per my above post: i give you the "London XI".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_XI

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Bridges giving expert commentary.
Already a mention about suarez FFS.

Tbh. I'm glad they are hyping it up.

Pico
10-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Signs the HAL off season is too long...

I'm watching football on seven.

Jetmaster
10-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Who is the porn star playing....Riera?

GazFish35
10-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Who is the commentator?

Bremsstrahlung
10-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Isn't Bridgey a wealth of knowledge.
It's like they are reading a Wikipedia article FFS.

All stars playing reasonably well tbh.

Reaffirmed my dislike for Evra.

Jeterpool
10-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Who scored for the all stars?

leftrightout
10-08-2014, 08:16 PM
As annoying as the commentators are going on about everything ADP does, he really is playing well. Better than he did for Sydney all last season in my opinion.

Jeterpool
10-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Who is the porn star playing....Riera?

Pirlo mate. ;)

Yeah it's riera

plague
10-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Hahaha, turned it over just on halftime, saw Josh Rose walking around wearing an 'All Stars' shirt.
I'm going to watch Captain Phillips instead. **** Josh Rose.

Jeterpool
10-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Hahaha, turned it over just on halftime, saw Josh Rose walking around wearing an 'All Stars' shirt.
I'm going to watch Captain Phillips instead. **** Josh Rose.

Bridgey took a stab at him during half time.

leftrightout
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Juve just look absolutely exhausted in my opinion. They would be training ****ing hard right now and I think it shows.

belchardo
10-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Juve just look absolutely exhausted in my opinion. They would be training ****ing hard right now and I think it shows.

don't be a knob. we are just that awesome. a-league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> serie a.

:D

belchardo
10-08-2014, 08:33 PM
did bridges just say "you really don't want to lose in pre-season"? why the hell not? i'd prefer to lose all my pre-season matches and not lose an in-season match personally.

Blackmac79
10-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I hate the commentator that isn't Bridgey.....

Who am I kidding I hate them both

belchardo
10-08-2014, 08:38 PM
will be interested to see how this rates. stuck on 7mate because of x-factor (#nobodyscrewsfootballlike7), would amuse me no end if it out-rated it (not that i expect it will).

Jeterpool
10-08-2014, 08:44 PM
will be interested to see how this rates. stuck on 7mate because of x-factor (#nobodyscrewsfootballlike7), would amuse me no end if it out-rated it (not that i expect it will).

You think they'd admit it if it did? I think not

Blackmac79
10-08-2014, 08:51 PM
The camera men, and whoever is editing this has no idea how to film football. Too much afl filming

hawk
10-08-2014, 08:52 PM
limp wrist Rose eeeergh

hawk
10-08-2014, 08:54 PM
This Brunswick Zebras club have recruited well

leftrightout
10-08-2014, 08:55 PM
limp wrist Rose eeeergh

Hahaha I laughed at the myself!

Has he always been this bad a player? I knew he was ordinary but I have never noticed him this much, he is more honking than a standard gypo!

leftrightout
10-08-2014, 09:07 PM
This Brunswick Zebras club have recruited well

It's actually the unlicensed video game version of juventus.
This is Juvantis featuring Peerlo, Pagba and Tovez.

militiamon
10-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Birighitti didn't even dive :rof:

Blackmac79
10-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Gigi not speaking English on 7! Effnicks attack free to air!

pistolpete
10-08-2014, 09:25 PM

Only saw the end but did he let in all 3 goals? Probably not phased hey

hawk
10-08-2014, 09:29 PM
It's actually the unlicensed video game version of juventus.
This is Juvantis featuring Peerlo, Pagba and Tovez.

:grin: I had one of those unlicensed laughs. liverpool was foler, Mcmanum, J Banes, S nicolson and a german commentry

MFKS
10-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Only saw the end but did he let in all 3 goals? Probably not phased hey

Only 2

It was a good thing he was only on for 20 mins at the rate he was letting them in

Good hit out for the Jets season for him though as he will get plenty of practice picking it out of the net with us

Still not phased enough to dive though

So Newy

Pico
10-08-2014, 09:43 PM

:yay::woo::popcorn:

hawk
10-08-2014, 09:44 PM
BK wouldnt have let 2 in.

lquiquer
10-08-2014, 09:48 PM
BK wouldnt have let 2 in.

True ... More like 3 or 4 and that's assuming he would have been phased

MFKS
10-08-2014, 09:55 PM
true ... More like 3 or 4 and that's assuming he would have been picked in a moment of delusion for the selectors

fify

GazFish35
10-08-2014, 09:55 PM
Birraz was way out of depth. Poorly positioned for the first, and way to slow to react for the second.

Bayer Leverkusen just cancelled his flights.

MFKS
10-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Birraz was way out of depth. Poorly positioned for the first, and way to slow to react for the second.

Bayer Leverkusen just cancelled his flights.

The good new though was BK would not have stopped them either

Retro Jet
10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Q: So, why did the A-League all stars logo only have 10 stars on it???
A: (here)

Thomas477
10-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Pogba's goal was a cracker though.

parksey
10-08-2014, 10:23 PM
bit rough to criticise birraz for those goals.

plague
10-08-2014, 10:48 PM
bit rough to criticise birraz for those goals.

Not quite as pissweak as some on 'ere somehow still making Biraz's stuff ups all BK's fault.

(and yes I know you weren't one of them).

plague
10-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Jesus, just flicked on the Liverpool v Dortmund friendly and that mop haired Gypo is even getting a run.
Then the bad guy off Captain Phillips is a dead ringer for Hersi from the WSW.

Bad night for TV all round IMHO.
how did Griff go in the All Stars game?

q-money
10-08-2014, 10:56 PM
hows all these blokes that were so dead against the concept tuning in ffs

every yeti spaghetti and jon bon pizza in sydney must have been there ay, some of the best kappa tracky tops you've ever seen

also juve ultras starting the mexican wave loòòòl

Grimario
11-08-2014, 06:37 AM
how did Griff go in the All Stars game?

Scored 5 goals. Was originally playing for All Stars but then Juventus took him on trial in the second half and he spared them blushes, getting a hat trick to help his side to a 3-2 win and also ensure he lost 3-2.

What a guy.

hausmann
11-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Overall, I enjoyed watching the match.

The flaws with the concept are:
- should not interfere with FFA Cup
- the replacements disrupted the flow of the game and ultimately affected the final result. I know it is an exhibition match but if Birra was put on just to give a token Jets player a run (like Chapman last year - who was clearly out of his depth) then it is little better than a Harlem Globetrotters match. Ultimately, in any football match, the coach should have the best team on the park to achieve a result and if other factors are causing substitutions etc I think the FFA risks turning people off the concept (not just people who want to watch a "real" football match but people who are just there for the entertainment too. Why would you pay to watch a match that is going to descend into a farce in the last 20 minutes?)
- I'm not a fan of this voting process. If the "A-League AllStars" is to mean anything to the players, it should be that they deserve to be there for being the best players in the League. This has merit, and I think the players would respond to the privilege, but making it a popularity contest and putting in players who clearly are not the best, just to get a spread of players through the clubs is just stupid. Just pick the coach and let the coach pick the team.

Jeterpool
11-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Q: So, why did the A-League all stars logo only have 10 stars on it???
A: (here)

10 teams in the comp?

MFKS
11-08-2014, 12:52 PM

every yeti spaghetti and jon bon pizza in sydney must have been there ay, some of the best kappa tracky tops you've ever seen

Still am against the concept Q Man.

Only watched the last 30 mins of it.

Was rather embarrassing to see the FFA bring out a quality team like Juve and instead of giving young Aussie kids a crack all I seen was a pile of mercenary foreigners playing.

Jeterpool
11-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Was rather embarrassing to see the FFA bring out a quality team like Juve and instead of giving young Aussie kids a crack all I seen was a pile of mercenary foreigners playing.

This was a similar opinion I had (though mercenary isn't how I'd describe them). The frontline and midfield consisted of Carrusca, Berisha, ADP, Broich and Riera. Only Ibini was a local player. Add in Galekovic, North and Rose and that was it for local guys (Smith is a foreign player, right?). I recognise it's reward for these players to be selected, but it just left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.

I guess weneed to consider what the purpose of the game is - to showcase the quality of the league or place young Aussies in the shop window? My response is to showcase the league's quality.

I guess what's sad is, had we played local players, would the competition have been as close? I don't believe so.

la bazzle
11-08-2014, 01:16 PM

what was with the slow clap like pigeon was running in to bowl? lucky we had the leagues best players out there, one of the franchises would have got pumped

pessimist
11-08-2014, 01:17 PM
So it could be termed the Aleague blowins v ....

The 10 stars are for how many times they have won something. Biraz winning the team poker comp was one

pessimist
11-08-2014, 01:22 PM

Not big on war but will switch it on as well. Correct, lame concept but since there were no all-age games to watch this was it.

hausmann
11-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Are they all mercenaries? To me, by definition a mercenary wouldn't play in this game because there is little personal benefit in it. Think Heskey last year who preferred to stay on holiday, while Berisha and Broich did play.

We've got national teams to give young Aussie kids a crack. This is meant to be the A-League All-stars and it would really be dissappointing if the best players from the A-League (whoever they are) weren't in the team.

plague
11-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Scored 5 goals. Was originally playing for All Stars but then Juventus took him on trial in the second half and he spared them blushes, getting a hat trick to help his side to a 3-2 win and also ensure he lost 3-2.

What a guy.

Well I expected more, but I guess it's the pre-season.

Grimario
11-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Well I expected more, but I guess it's the pre-season.

He coached both sides AND was the ref, don't know if that was mentioned.

joel31
11-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Enjoyable game.
Pogba's goal was incredible live

MFKS
11-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Are they all mercenaries? To me, by definition a mercenary wouldn't play in this game because there is little personal benefit in it. Think Heskey last year who preferred to stay on holiday, while Berisha and Broich did play.

We've got national teams to give young Aussie kids a crack. This is meant to be the A-League All-stars and it would really be dissappointing if the best players from the A-League (whoever they are) weren't in the team.

I don't consider Josh Rose Manny Muscat Michael Thwaite Storm Roux Ali Abbas Jade North Albert Riera David Williams anywhere near being the best players in the HAL.

They even had a bloke playing who don't play in the HAL any more FFS

Add in the sheer number of foreigners in it and we ain't showcasing our league we are showcasing who we can recruit to these shores by opening a cheque book

Would be better off giving young Aussie kids who may contribute to our NT one day a crack at the star studded Juve team than blokes like Thwaite North etc who should never be near a NT again.

Would be better off given the coaches job to Postecoglou as I can't imagine he has much on his plate as this time of year and that way he can bring a few blokes into the squad to look over at close quarters for NT selection

q-money
11-08-2014, 06:33 PM
who ****ing cares

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 07:16 PM
I don't consider Josh Rose Manny Muscat Michael Thwaite Storm Roux Ali Abbas Jade North Albert Riera David Williams anywhere near being the best players in the HAL.

They even had a bloke playing who don't play in the HAL any more FFS

Add in the sheer number of foreigners in it and we ain't showcasing our league we are showcasing who we can recruit to these shores by opening a cheque book

Would be better off giving young Aussie kids who may contribute to our NT one day a crack at the star studded Juve team than blokes like Thwaite North etc who should never be near a NT again.

Would be better off given the coaches job to Postecoglou as I can't imagine he has much on his plate as this time of year and that way he can bring a few blokes into the squad to look over at close quarters for NT selection

So you want an "Australia A" side to play a big club?
FFA have said they won't do that as it cheapens the socceroos "brand"

MFKS
11-08-2014, 07:26 PM
So you want an "Australia A" side to play a big club?
FFA have said they won't do that as it cheapens the socceroos "brand"

Wouldn't be the Australia A side as it would be the Australia K side by my count when you take into account how many Aussies are playing overseas

Pick a smattering of Olyroos and some NT U20's and a few foreigners like Broich Berisha and see what happens. After all it is a meaningless game.

So you would rather we gave the opportunities to a bunch of foreigners and some of them ain't even the best players in our League who will piss off from our shores once their playing days are over than give an opportunity to young Aussie blokes to play in front of a BIG CROWD against QUALITY OPPONENT and make a name for themselves and possibly gain the confidence to push on their development???

Doing it my way might actually mean we develop a few more Socceroos quicker than having to rely on dickheads like Alex Wilkinson at a World Cup.

lquiquer
11-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Club V Club........All Stars concept is putting A-League down......There is no All Stars team in Europe or South America

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 07:48 PM
So you would rather we gave the opportunities to a bunch of foreigners and some of them ain't even the best players in our League who will piss off from our shores once their playing days are over than give an opportunity to young Aussie blokes to play in front of a BIG CROWD against QUALITY OPPONENT and make a name for themselves and possibly gain the confidence to push on their development???

No. I'm not a fan of the "all stars" concept in any form.

Give the game to the team who wins the minor premiership...... Or create another game they can beat up a media frenzy about early in preseason and have the cup winner play the minor premier in a "charity shield" final and the winner plays the travelling glamour club.

Make them play it wherever they think the biggest crowd can be generated depending on the opposition, FFA keeps the cash from tickets, club keeps the cash from merchandise.

I reckon they'd get more interest for a game between the a-league's "star team" or cup winners and a world glamour club than any possible combination of a squad thrown together from all parts of the league.

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Joe Gorman hits the nail on the head.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/11/a-league-all-stars-juventus?CMP=twt_gu

plague
11-08-2014, 07:59 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/11/a-league-all-stars-juventus?CMP=twt_gu

What a bunch of condescending drivel.

Some people enjoy watching the All-Stars concept. Some people, like our good author here, like sitting around sniffing their own farts.
It's entertainment.
While ever they are selling tickets the concept will remain. It has nowt to do with the development of the league or the players. There are plenty of other avenues for those things to be done.

I don't dig it, I didn't go, and I didn't watch.
But if you did, and you enjoyed it, good on ya.

parksey
11-08-2014, 08:10 PM
yawn @ that article

MFKS
11-08-2014, 08:16 PM
No. I'm not a fan of the "all stars" concept in any form.

Give the game to the team who wins the minor premiership...... Or create another game they can beat up a media frenzy about early in preseason and have the cup winner play the minor premier in a "charity shield" final and the winner plays the travelling glamour club.

Make them play it wherever they think the biggest crowd can be generated depending on the opposition, FFA keeps the cash from tickets, club keeps the cash from merchandise.

I reckon they'd get more interest for a game between the a-league's "star team" or cup winners and a world glamour club than any possible combination of a squad thrown together from all parts of the league.

Agree with a lot of what you are saying. Only slight problem is the location of this game.

The only reason the game is in Sydney is the investment of the NSW State Government contributing to bankroll the event as part of the my dick is bigger than yours Victoria contest they like to play.

I would have had to consider attending this game if it had of been Smurfs or WSW V Juventus rather than this cobbled together side. This type of game appeals to those who don't support the game in this country and spend far too much time putting shit on it and doesn't appeal to the people who support the game week in week out.

Talking to the blokes I know who went today and they said it was a cracking game with a great atmosphere. I can not imagine the atmosphere to be anywhere near the likes you get at a run of the mill HAL game let alone a serious game with something WORTHY at stake.

They also seem oblivious to the facts neither team were making serious tackles the game was pretty open as the closing down wasn't there at the intensity it should be and the Juve side looked rather flat from serious pre season training.

Same blokes won't go watch HAL as they feel the skills displayed are beneath their level for approval but willingly pay over $100 to watch a half arsed exhibition game like that.
Go Figure

hawk
11-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Joe boarefill. concept is meh but game was ok and got the usual media fanfare on board. wgaf what it may or may not do for the local game.

any snaps of the juve boys in the city?

parksey
11-08-2014, 08:30 PM
i don't see how anyone could complain about the concept considering it gave us gigi buffon's post-game interview

lquiquer
11-08-2014, 08:34 PM
i don't see how anyone could complain about the concept considering it gave us gigi buffon's post-game interview

It's great if you understand Italian.....Not even sure Zappone did?

GazFish35
11-08-2014, 08:37 PM

That was a highlight. Zappers plea "a bit of English?" Buffoons response..... More Italian.
I lol'd IRL.

Along with Michaelmas bridges " birrighitti looks to be coming on, so galekovic will come off because you can't have two keepers on the pitch"

hawk
11-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Any team with a shiny shirt gets your approval. wheres the pics or fo

Grimario
11-08-2014, 09:21 PM
SST saying that FFA distributed a notice to the clubs today that the All Stars game was a massive success, ~$1m profit from the game, and the concept will stick around for good.

Also dobbed in Perth CEO as their source.

MFKS
11-08-2014, 09:36 PM
SST saying that FFA distributed a notice to the clubs today that the All Stars game was a massive success, ~$1m profit from the game, and the concept will stick around for good.

Also dobbed in Perth CEO as their source.

So Basically what that says is that there is money to be made bringing out the right big name foreign clubs as people pay money to watch them cause they ain't going to see the All Stars play.

Maybe then the FFA should bankroll bringing out a club for every HAL side to play in preseason then and make a few more $$ and expose these blow in plastics to HAL Football first hand

Captain Obvious
11-08-2014, 09:43 PM
So Basically what that says is that there is money to be made bringing out the right big name foreign clubs as people pay money to watch them cause they ain't going to see the All Stars play.

Hello to you too. Looking forward to the season.

plague
11-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Dear Member;
Well, derrrrrrr.

Cheers,
Plague.

la bazzle
12-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Good news it's here to stay. Can't wait to see another massive team play in oz.

pv4
12-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Good news it's here to stay. Can't wait to see another massive team play in oz.

But, modern football and shit m8.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Dear Member;
Well, derrrrrrr.

Cheers,
Plague.

Apologies Plague.

In the cold light of day I can see now the sarcasm that was meant to go in my post wasn't there.

Thanks for picking that up for me :facepalm:

Blackmac79
12-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Courtesy Joe Gorman...

All-Stars fail to capture the A-League's genius and filth

The match against Juventus was a thriller but it’s questionable whether it is a reflection of Australia’s domestic game

The A-League off-season is long. This year, we’ve had the World Cup to fill in the gaps, and the FFA Cup does its job, but even then that five month hiatus drags on a bit. And so it’s up to the good people at the Federation to keep us informed and interested. Like overworked parents trying desperately to distract their restless children, the A-League All Stars is thrust in our faces. “There you go, kids,” says FFA. “Entertain yourselves. It’s fun. Share your toys with the new kids.”

All Stars. Say it out loud. It’s a phrase made in America. The whole team are awesome! Stars! They are better than you. In fact, they are better than everyone. They’re All. Stars. How exciting.

Except, of course, this is football. There are many, many good things to come out of the USA, but the All Stars concept is not one of them. Which oxymoron, do you think, sounds more ridiculous? MLS All Stars or A-League All Stars? Take your pick. Either way, that small but very important preface makes a right mess of the bright, glossy ‘All Stars’ promise. “Ah, right then, the A-League All Stars”, says your mate Brian. “So what’s this A-League then?”

Brian is an Arsenal fan, even though he lives in Newtown and he’s never actually been to Highbury or the Emirates Stadium. Brian was also a Barcelona fan for a few seasons, and he went through a Palmeiras phase after that two-for-one sale at the Adidas Originals store. He doesn’t care much for the local game, so you do your best to explain.

Ruben Zadkovich has made a career here, you say indignantly. And Justin Pasfield. And it’s where one of the Barcelona youth coaches has come to have a crack at wearing the big boy suit. Last season he almost got the Pissants to tiki taka. You recount grand tales of the grim Reebok dictatorship of Seasons 1 through 6; Gold Coast United’s Tiananmen Square moment, and that time you realised Fabio Alvez had a mouthful of dental braces even though he was a fully grown man. Then you tell Brian about the curious case of Dexter Rosales, Adelaide United and the pretty decent but very fake CV. And how the Central Coast Mariners signed Marcel Seip in the hope that he would be like Patrick Zwaanswijk, but he wasn’t. In fact, he wasn’t even as good as Rob Wielaert! Not all ageing Dutch centre backs are the same, you explain knowingly. We learnt that the hard way.

“Oh, that A-League” says Brian. “Why didn’t you say something?” Well, you reply, I just did. And did I mention that Josh Rose is a big deal here too? You know, the guy who used to play for FC Universitatea Craiova in Romania. He’s in the All Stars team against Juventus. “Great”, says Brian. “I’ve needed a reason to buy that vintage 1995 Juventus kit off the internet.”

And so, naturally, you fork out $169 to sit in a giant, soulless stadium with questionable sight lines in a pre-fabricated suburb of Western Sydney. Alessandro Del Piero is playing for the wrong team. You knew that going in, but for Brian, it’s a zany fact made to be posted on his Facebook wall, alongside the ‘I’m in a stadium’ selfie. Del Piero against Juventus. Ha. What will they think of next? David Zdrilic at right-back? Oh.

Then something strange happens. Somewhere in between the $7 mid-strength beer served in a plastic cup and the branded plastic GOAL sign you’re obliged to wave, you start to notice the All Stars are actually playing pretty well. In fact, they’re dominating. Jade North and Matt Smith are immovable objects. Alessandro Del Piero is sublime, and more importantly, he’s getting stuck in. Eugene Galekovic is passing the ball out from the back like he’s Victor Valdes. Josep Gombau is at his entertaining best, gesticulating wildly on the sideline. Manny Muscat - MANNY MUSCAT - is doing step-overs and dribbling the ball out of defence. And Besart Berisha is his usual crazy, brilliant self. You feel a little twinge of pride, and turn to see if Brian is impressed. He’s not. Marcelo Carrusca could cross over to the other side and hold an impromptu Q and A with the man upstairs and quite frankly, Brian would still be more interested in the happy snap of Andrea Pirlo taking a corner.

Back at home, those without anything better to do flick between channels, pausing briefly to ogle Pirlo and his sensual sideways passes. Unsurprisingly, they are met with a barrage of positivity and tired metaphors from the commentary team. Pirlo is like fine wine, says Thomas Broich in the preamble. Gianluigi Buffon is like fine wine, says Michael Bridges. Every action by the All Stars seems to be a “great advertisement” for the A-League. Every time a Juventus player looks at or breathes on an All Star is apparently a moment he’ll treasure for the rest of his life.

For those of us who actually watch the A-League week in, week out, the vibe of this is a bit off. Brian and most of the people here don’t give a toss about Nick Montgomery, or Albert Riera, or Galekovic. They want to see the little bulldog Carlos Tevez make a fool of defenders. They want to watch Paul Pogba sashay through midfield, and they want to catch a glimpse of Claudio Marchisio’s cold, blue-eyed stare. Apart from Del Piero, the All Stars are, in the end, just here to make up the numbers. But this is the New World, and this gimmick is a money spinner, and so it is good.

But you can’t help but feel this tacky All Stars brand cheapens us as a people and serves to entrench the cultural cringe. Brian doesn’t feel any more attached to an A-League side because the All Stars are holding their own. Why would he? He hasn’t watched an A-League club play, and he’s not witnessing the fans generate an atmosphere unique in Australian sport. All he’s seeing is bits and pieces of the A-League thrown together and oversold as ‘All Stars’. You try to explain that the A-League is about more than the sum of its parts. It’s about following your team week in week out. It’s about the yin and yang of the Leigh Broxhams and the Gui Finklers – the dismally crap and the rare genius. It’s about patience and mates and routine. It’s about supporting the local game.

But Brian’s not listening. He’s rushed off to see if Buffon will sign his smartphone. What the hell, you think to yourself, I wonder if Nick Montgomery poses for selfies?

Blackmac79
12-08-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/11/a-league-all-stars-juventus

Link cause some of his are worth looking at.

plague
12-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Apologies Plague.

In the cold light of day I can see now the sarcasm that was meant to go in my post wasn't there.

Thanks for picking that up for me :facepalm:
That's ok. You are aware though that there is nothing sarcastic about your work?
Gun barrel straight tirades are what you do.

Also 'the cold light of day'? Stop it. Stop it right now.

joel31
12-08-2014, 10:58 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/11/a-league-all-stars-juventus

Link cause some of his are worth looking at.
someone posted it on the previous page

MFKS
12-08-2014, 11:12 AM
That's ok. You are aware though that there is nothing sarcastic about your work?
Gun barrel straight tirades are what you do.

Also 'the cold light of day'? Stop it. Stop it right now.

Love your work :gent:

la bazzle
12-08-2014, 02:42 PM
But, modern football and shit m8.

Haha yeah exactly. Oh no all-stars is holding back our league that was created 10yrs ago with names like the roar. Death to modern football bra. Hope FFA (jerks) don't make any money ever coz dat ain't right

lil_masi
13-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Not even a proper game! From an italian website:

Continue preparation for Juventus in the upcoming season. The training led by Massimiliano Allegri is fresh from winning a photo finish against the Australian selection, and also played a friendly today, this time a little 'more particular: as reported by Tuttosport, the Jubilee Oval Koogarah, home workout Piedmont there will be a test with the Newcastle Jets. It will be a match behind closed doors, without uniforms and referee, so the Juventus coach can stop the game when you want to give directions and tactics. Since the 3-5-2 formation but also attention to 4-3-3 and 3-4-3.

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Will be good for our lot to see how the big guns do things. The training game will probably be more beneficial than a game. So much to learn!

Fairgo
13-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Will be good for our lot to see how the big guns do things. The training game will probably be more beneficial than a game. So much to learn!

Juve 1 jets 0 disallowed goal jets. Source twitter

leftrightout
13-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Juve 1 jets 0 disallowed goal jets. Source twitter
Gotta love a disallowed goal in a match without refs hahaha

Grimario
13-08-2014, 08:21 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-perform-strong-against-juventus/fjg4aqt050kx13rxknl0jonau

The Newcastle Jets were defeated 1-0 by Juventus in a behind-closed-doors friendly match at Jubilee Oval in Kogarah on Wednesday night.
However, the Jets will feel hard done by not to have snared a share of the spoils, after David Carney’s goal directly from the half-time restart was controversially disallowed.

Juventus were without a host of key players who featured in their 3-2 win over the Foxtel A-League All Stars at ANZ Stadium.

Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez, Paul Pogba and Patrice Evra were among the big names missing for the reigning Serie A Champions for the friendly match played in two 35-minute halves.

Despite their absence, Juventus dominated possession in the early stages of the contest, earning a trio of corner-kicks inside the opening 10 minutes which left the Jets scrambling to clear their lines.

Juventus had the first clear-cut opportunity of the match in the 11th minute with Kingsley Coman forcing Ben Kennedy to make a sharp reflex save at his near post.

After a nervous start, the Jets settled into the contest and made their first foray forward in the 14th minute with Josh Barresi setting Craig Goodwin free down the right flank.

However, Goodwin over-hit his cross towards James Virigili in the penalty area and the attacking opportunity was lost.

Barresi had to be substituted after sustaining a knee injury in the 17th minute of the contest. The attacking midfielder will have scans in the coming days to determine the extent of the injury.

Juventus opened the scoring in the 26th minute after Sebastian Giovinco received the ball on the edge of the area, before beating Adrian Madaschi and calmly slotting the ball past Ben Kennedy to make it 1-0.

Giovinco almost made it 2-0 three minutes later, after a cross from the left flank found him unmarked in the penalty area, but the Italian international miscued his attempted volley with only Kennedy to beat.

The Jets were awarded a free-kick in the 31st minute, with David Carney opting to go directly for goal from 30 metres out, only to blaze his effort over the crossbar.

Newcastle almost equalised on the stroke of half-time with Mitchell Oxborrow connecting powerfully with a stinging half-volley from 25 metres out that looked destined to rocket into the top corner, only for Juventus goalkeeper Marco Storari to pull off a stunning diving save.

The Jets appeared to have levelled the scores moments after the half-time restart, with Carney launching a shot from halfway directly from the kick-off that cleared the head of Storari’s replacement Rubinho and nestled in the back of the net.

However, Rubinho and the Juventus player protested that they hadn’t been ready for the resumption of play and the Jets were ordered to retake the kick-off.

Juventus looked to double their advantage in the 43rd minute, with Simone Pepe forcing Mark Birighitti to get down low at his near post and make a strong save.

Juventus continued to control much of the play as the second half wore on, but the Jets remain structured and disciplined in defence, allowing very few openings for the Italians.

Jonny Steel fashioned another goal scoring opportunity for the Jets in the 58th minute, with a clever chip to the back post that was met by Jets youth team player Michael Finlayson.

His header was saved by Rubinho, but the linesman’s offside flag had gone up in any case.

The sting was taken out of the match in the final moments as both teams made substitutions, but the Jets could hold their heads high after acquitting themselves in impressive fashion against the Italian Champions.

Juventus 1 (Giovinco 26’)

Newcastle Jets 0

la bazzle
13-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Lololol "we weren't ready start again!" Hahaha lucky it was behind closed doors

sammydog
13-08-2014, 08:32 PM
I love it. No refs, we score, dummy spit........no goal.

Sounds like training for us.

la bazzle
13-08-2014, 08:33 PM
I wonder if they did hands on heads until the goal was scratched

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Playground stuff!

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 08:34 PM
I wonder if they did hands on heads until the goal was scratched

Heard it was "if you don't take the kickoff again, you're mums a slut"

sammydog
13-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Some info on the Juve site. There is a video of the game highlights. Looks like there was a ref.

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/juve-overcome-jets

On the team’s final day in Australia, Massimiliano Allegri took the opportunity to run the rule over his players’ condition during a 70-minute friendly, with A-League outfit Newcastle Jets providing the opposition at Jubilee Oval.
Clear-cut chances were few and far between throughout the encounter, won 1-0 by the Bianconeri courtesy of Sebastian Giovinco’s first-half strike.
Summer recruit Kingsley Coman looked lively in the opening stages, showing some neat touches and skills in the final third and drawing a save from the opposition goalkeeper on 11 minutes .
However, it was his strike partner, Giovinco, who put the Bianconeri in front ahead of the midway point, ghosting past his marker before calmly slotting the ball into the bottom corner on 26 minutes.
While the Australians pushed to get back into the affair, it was Juventus who remained in firm control. Neither Storari nor his replacement Rubinho were troubled by any efforts from inside the area, while Simone Pepe and Sergio Buenacasa both had chances to extend the lead in the second half.
With the curtain now officially brought down on their Australian adventure, the Bianconeri will return to their hotel tonight before departing for the third and final leg of this summer’s Asia-Pacific tour, Singapore, tomorrow morning.
Juventus starting XI: Storari (Rubinho), Motta, Marrone, Chiellini, Pepe, Pereyra, Padoin, Vitale (Blanco), Asamoah, Giovinco, Coman (Buenacasa).

link to video http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/video/3728097257001

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 08:46 PM
In all seriousness well done to the club in getting this to happen. Assume it's helped by the other three nsw teams being in FFA cup mode, but credit where credit is due. Well done Robbie M.

baldrick
13-08-2014, 09:01 PM
In all seriousness well done to the club in getting this to happen. Assume it's helped by the other three nsw teams being in FFA cup mode, but credit where credit is due. Well done Robbie M.

100% agree.

MFKS
13-08-2014, 09:31 PM
In all seriousness well done to the club in getting this to happen. Assume it's helped by the other three nsw teams being in FFA cup mode, but credit where credit is due. Well done Robbie M.:blink:

Thomas477
13-08-2014, 09:47 PM
This is assuming he had anything to do with it yeah?

I heard he just sits in his office and plays football manager all day, instead of running the club.

plague
13-08-2014, 09:49 PM

I heard he just sits in his office and plays football manager all day, instead of running the club.

Yeah but you heard that from the Member so may not be real.

plague
13-08-2014, 09:50 PM
BK starting?????

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 09:59 PM

I figure its only fair to assume he has some involvement when things go right. His critics seem happy to assume his involvement when they don't.

Thomas477
13-08-2014, 10:17 PM
I figure its only fair to assume he has some involvement when things go right. His critics seem happy to assume his involvement when they don't.

Well that's the thing, Middleby apologists think he has nothing to do with the team when it goes to shit, yet that same level of involvement in the management means he can be applauded when things go right.

Either way, this was a good thing for the club, but could have been better.

sammydog
13-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Well that's the thing, Middleby apologists think he has nothing to do with the team when it goes to shit, yet that same level of involvement in the management means he can be applauded when things go right.

Either way, this was a good thing for the club, but could have been better.

How would you have done it better.

And while your telling us, outline all of the constraints that led to it being behind closed doors in the first place and how you would have overcome them.

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 10:23 PM
How? If it was open? Or in newy?

If we think the jets had any say in how this worked we are kidding ourselves.

MFKS
13-08-2014, 10:23 PM

Not knocking your desire to praise him but do love the bit where you bring up the other 3 NSW teams being occupied with FFA Cup as helping out

Sort of looks like it basically fell into his lap Steven Bradbury style

Pico
13-08-2014, 10:26 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-perform-strong-against-juventus/fjg4aqt050kx13rxknl0jonau

After a nervous start, the Jets settled into the contest and made their first foray forward in the 14th minute with Josh Barresi setting Craig Goodwin free down the right flank.

However, Goodwin over-hit his cross towards James Virigili in the penalty area and the attacking opportunity was lost.

Good to see Goodwin has nailed down some consistency in the off season

plague
13-08-2014, 10:28 PM

I didn't think the Jets had a good record with Bradbury's?

plague
13-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Also of note: no mention of the Jets keepers diving.
Juve keeper is praised for his diving save.
Juve win the game.
That's 2+2 equaling 4 right there folks.

GazFish35
14-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Not knocking your desire to praise him but do love the bit where you bring up the other 3 NSW teams being occupied with FFA Cup as helping out

And that's my point. His detractors kick him when bad things happen beyond his control. Seems only fair he get some praise when things beyond his control work out for the good.

I'm not looking to defend him, just think the haters (in any argument) would be better served in their argument by having a a little bit of balance in acknowledging both sides of a debate. Constantly arguing against something means that side of the argument looks close minded and miopic, people tune out, discussion turns into pissing contests and joe hockey and tony Abbott have that debating style locked in as their own.

MFKS
14-08-2014, 07:12 AM
And that's my point. His detractors kick him when bad things happen beyond his control. Seems only fair he get some praise when things beyond his control work out for the good.

I'm not looking to defend him, just think the haters (in any argument) would be better served in their argument by having a a little bit of balance in acknowledging both sides of a debate. Constantly arguing against something means that side of the argument looks close minded and miopic, people tune out, discussion turns into pissing contests and joe hockey and tony Abbott have that debating style locked in as their own.

So on that basis of praising him when things that are beyond his control work our well then we should be praising him that the earth didn't fall off its axis over night and the sun or how little of it we have to came up this morning.

Middleby Genius

Some of us probably do get a little carried away (Thomas I am looking at you) with giving it to the bloke but to praise him for shit he has achieved through sheer arse is pretty poor form

BodyNovo
14-08-2014, 07:34 AM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/video/carney-s-stunning-disallowed-goal/952831

massive lols watching this

Grimario
14-08-2014, 08:24 AM
Good to see Goodwin has nailed down some consistency in the off season
I think he will be consistently on the bench. I don't see how he fits into the starting lineup if everyone is fit unless his okay attacking ability with below average defensive ability is preferred to Gallaway's okay defensive ability with below average attacking ability.

Even then, might find that Carney/Steele is used in some sort of combination on the left since that's apparently how they set up when playing together at NYRB.

Pico
14-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Personally I would like to see carney in LB and Steele in LM, Goodwin just seems to continue going backwards. Hopefully big Phil can correct that and he can push on with a renewed confidence, but I’m not going to be holding my breath, new 2 year contract looking like a bad move from the club.

BodyNovo
14-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Personally I would like to see carney in LB and Steele in LM, Goodwin just seems to continue going backwards. Hopefully big Phil can correct that and he can push on with a renewed confidence, but I’m not going to be holding my breath, new 2 year contract looking like a bad move from the club.

remember saying it last year, 2 year contract to a player who hadn't fully proven himself was a silly idea. a 1 year deal would have been better as it would have forced goodwin to work his ass off.

the risk of missing out on a transfer fee was a risk we should have been willing to take imo.

pv4
14-08-2014, 10:08 AM
The problem with Goodwin is we didn't bench him early enough. He never should have played another game after the Sydney FC 3-2 away win.

Grimario
14-08-2014, 10:25 AM
The problem with Goodwin is we didn't bench him early enough. He never should have played another game after the Sydney FC 3-2 away win.

:gent:

Poor guy. He destroyed Sydney that day then gets dumped and has never been remotely close to the player he was that game.

borat
14-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Goodwin's best games are always where he can isolate rookie/rubbish fullbacks. As soon as he is up against a defender of any quality he is invisible.