PDA

View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Rd 12 - Adelaide United vs Newcastle Jets 29/12/13 k/off 5pm AEDST

militiamon
27-12-2013, 02:04 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/brand.gif VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2013/2014 Hyundai A-League
Season 9 Round 12
Adelaide United FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

When: Sunday 29th December, 2013
Where: Hindmarsh Stadium, Holden St, Hindmarsh, SA
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (430pm local time)
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Adelaide 891 or Grandstand Digital
Tweet: @newyboys #ntua #ADLvNEW

If you are unable to travel to the game in Adelaide, please come down to the District Park Tennis Club in Broadmeadow and watch the game LIVE. The Tenzo is now our permanent venue for both home AND away Newcastle Jets fixtures.

Burns and Heskey included in Jets' squad

http://static.ffa.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/article/00081732-leadimage.jpg

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have named a 16-man travelling squad to take on Adelaide United at Coopers Stadium on Sunday.

Jets head coach Gary van Egmond has included both Emile Heskey and Nathan Burns in his squad after the pair missed last week’s clash with Brisbane Roar through injury.

“Both players are fine. They’ll both travel and take part in the game,” van Egmond said.

“Obviously with Emile, prior to missing last game he’d only had a limited amount of game time.

“He’s probably a little bit short of a gallop, but as we know he can be extremely effective coming off the bench.

“Nathan didn’t have as much time out and we’ll look to start him on Sunday.”

Jets defender Jaliens will not travel to Adelaide due to hamstring tightness, with centre-back Josh Mitchell added to the squad as cover for the former Dutch international.

“We’re buoyed by the fact that other players have come in and done a good job as well,” van Egmond said.

“The depth is extremely good and there are some boys who are really pushing their claims.”

Van Egmond said it was important that the Jets’ backed-up last week’s impressive 2-0 win over league-leaders Brisbane Roar with another strong showing against Adelaide.

“We’ve worked very hard to get some results and what we need to do is make sure the three points we earned up in Brisbane count for everything they should count for,” van Egmond said.

“That’s what we’ve tried to focus on and we’ll need to put in a good performance against Adelaide this week to make sure that is the case.”

Newcastle Jets squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3. Taylor REGAN, 5. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 6. Zenon CARAVELLA, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH (c), 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Nathan BURNS, 11. Craig GOODWIN, 14. Josh MITCHELL, 15. Josh BRILLANTE, 16. Jacob PEPPER, 18. James BROWN, 21. Sam GALLAWAY, 22. Adam TAGGART, 20. Ben KENNEDY (gk).

Ins: 9. Emile HESKEY (returns from injury) 10. Nathan BURNS (returns from injury), 14. Josh MITCHELL (promoted).

Outs: 13. Joseph GIBBS, 24. Mitchell OXBORROW.

Unavailable: 4. Kew JALIENS (hamstring tightness).

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Burns-and-Heskey-included-in-Jets-squad/81732

- Heskey & Burns back
- Kew out injured, Mitchell in, uh ohes
- Gibbs dropped :'(
- Bridges nowhere to be seen :')

hawk
27-12-2013, 02:07 PM
“We’ve worked very hard to get some results and what we need to do is make sure the three points we earned up in Brisbane count for everything they should count for,” van Egmond said.
We finally scrapped your game plan to get results, keep up the good work gaz.

joel31
27-12-2013, 02:24 PM
We'll struggle without Kew. Chapman should replace him not Mitchell

ToddG NBUnited
27-12-2013, 02:28 PM
All Newy backline, bring it on!!!

militiamon
27-12-2013, 02:36 PM
We'll struggle without Kew. Chapman should replace him not Mitchell

That was my first thought too, but I figure that it has something to do with Gary's obsession with only have a left-footed CB for the left CB position.

Tommyjet
27-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Big loss with kew out. Kanta and reags gonna have their work cut out covering their own posy plus Mitchell's blunders.
Tags will score in this one

stopper2
27-12-2013, 08:21 PM
What is the go with Chapman? Is he still not 100% or is he out of favour? (I find the latter hard to believe as GVE has openly stated he is a big fan).
Mitchell coming in worries me, after the Heart game he has had a few games in Youth so hopefully he is a bit sharper. He just seems to be off the pace and slow to react to situations. As a local product I wish him the best and hope that he can prove a lot of doubters (including myself) wrong against Adelaide.

militiamon
27-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Theories regarding Chapman's absence:

1. Still recovering from his ankle injury
2. Being rested in favour of Regan due to the fact that he'll be away for most of next month¹
3. Being rested in favour of Regan due to Regan’s good form²

1. pv4, Regz= newy hero. newcastlefootball.net 2013, 1 (12), 2.
2. Premy, Regz= newy hero. newcastlefootball.net 2013, 1 (12), 3.

pv4
28-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Dat referencing :cool:

MFKS
28-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Bridges nowhere to be seen :')

Best part of entire thread so far

parksey
28-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Where is chapman

parksey
28-12-2013, 05:17 PM
WhERE?

terry
28-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Where is chapman

where he should be. not on the pitch

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:37 PM
where he should be. not on the pitch
are u kidding?

q-money
28-12-2013, 08:48 PM
we will loose

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I reckon a 2-2 draw

furns
29-12-2013, 02:23 PM
gameday

etc

q-money
29-12-2013, 02:26 PM
can we let the militiamun do the titles every week?

furns
29-12-2013, 02:45 PM
not enough abbreviations tbh

furns
29-12-2013, 03:07 PM
updated thread title and match details added to OP

sorry for delay but havent been near a computer for most of the last week or so

terry
29-12-2013, 03:12 PM
are u kidding?

nope, serioso J, chapo has many a mistake particularly positioning. Not saying he wont become top notch one day. He is better than mitchel

furns
29-12-2013, 04:52 PM
lineups on twitter:
Birraz, Regz, Kanta, Hoole, Zads, Boo-urns, Mitchell, The Beard, Peppz, Gallaway, Taggz
Subs: Zenon, Heskey, Goodwun, Brown, BK

Jeterpool
29-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Andy Harper is as good at commentating as he is taking penalties.

MFKS
29-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Wish some **** would actually pick a right back

Pepper gives me no confidence what so ever

Retro Jet
29-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Forget Puddle...
Puff the gust of wind might have a hand in this one!

furns
29-12-2013, 05:32 PM
or just Mitchell not moving towards the effing ball ffs

steve136
29-12-2013, 05:33 PM
shitchell going strong as always

OmeletteDuFromage
Am I only person who reckons Birraz could have caught that?

steve136
but i do admire GvE for not playing a right-back again this game. gutsy

Jetmaster
29-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Am I only person who reckons Birraz could have caught that?

No...but I'm on a "teach Birraz to catch" campaign....

steve136
29-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Zad continually rockets passes to players in terrible positions?

jetsgal
29-12-2013, 05:44 PM
something needs to be changed in the midfield, we're getting completely outplayed by adelaide

MFKS
29-12-2013, 05:45 PM
These blokes out on the piss last night???

Aim the **** up ****s

steve136
29-12-2013, 05:48 PM
These blokes out on the piss last night???

Aim the **** up ****s
Makes sense. Kanta must be seeing double out there cause he can't pick a pass for crap.

Retro Jet
29-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Fouls, fouls and fouls

steve136
29-12-2013, 05:51 PM
God we're terrible.

jetsgal
29-12-2013, 05:52 PM
maybe they all picked up gary's flu...

steve136
29-12-2013, 05:53 PM
maybe they all picked up gary's flu...
yeah or they're a bunch of weak pr*cks with shitty haircuts...

MFKS
29-12-2013, 05:53 PM
It's a sad indictment that if James Brown was to come on and turn in his usual effort he would actually be our man of the match by a long way.

jetsgal
29-12-2013, 05:56 PM
yeah or they're a bunch of weak pr*cks with shitty haircuts...

yeah that too

Buddha
29-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Mitchell would look so unsteady playing All Age. Every time he has the ball I honestly think he's going to create a disaster. And it rubs off on others too

Rocky
29-12-2013, 06:14 PM
FFS Burns, that was the worst cross ive ever seen

Retro Jet
29-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Fouls, fouls and more fouls...

jetsgal
29-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Anyone want to bet on when the first red card will be shown?

Jetmaster
29-12-2013, 06:16 PM
FFS Burns, that was the worst cross ive ever seen

How can you say that with Tarek playing?

outsider
29-12-2013, 06:19 PM
No wonder we are the most carded team in the league.Reegs very lucky to be still there-have seen RC for less and Kanta and Zads tackles were cynical and deserved what they got.Chris Beath only has so much patience and is being tested to his limit.Anyone getting a RC will deserve it.Jets doing everything in their power to throw game away.On a lighter note does anyone know if GVE has a heart?If not there is a team of them in Melboring seeking attention.

Retro Jet
29-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Carrusca fouled off...job done. :tongue:

MFKS
29-12-2013, 06:38 PM
So by my calculations 75 mins in we have at least 5 mins of injury time. Wonder how much this cock head of a ref will give

Retro Jet
29-12-2013, 06:41 PM
FMD! Stan the Man in the crowd.
2nd only to Joe Spiteri as the ugliest looking player to play National level football in this country lol

MFKS
29-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I forgot we had subs.

Tactical masterstroke to bring them on with 7 mins remaining:banghead:

Retro Jet
29-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh well...
At least is wasnt 4 fricken nil

Better come up trumphs against that Perth sh!t next week.

hawk
29-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Carrusca fouled off...job done. :tongue:

went down more often then a 2 bobber.

hawk
29-12-2013, 07:21 PM
No wonder we are the most carded team in the league.Reegs very lucky to be still there-have seen RC for less and Kanta and Zads tackles were cynical and deserved what they got.Chris Beath only has so much patience and is being tested to his limit.Anyone getting a RC will deserve it.Jets doing everything in their power to throw game away.On a lighter note does anyone know if GVE has a heart?If not there is a team of them in Melboring seeking attention.

adelaide deserved every kick they got. have they moved on from the nsl?

ForeverRed
29-12-2013, 08:47 PM
2nd only to Joe Spiteri as the ugliest looking player to play National level football in this country lol

Rod brown wins that award

hawk
29-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Mitchell would look so unsteady playing All Age. Every time he has the ball I honestly think he's going to create a disaster. And it rubs off on others too

and it happened again

Retro Jet
30-12-2013, 01:51 AM

Rod brown wins that award

Ranga's (http://www.ranga.net.au/) have an unfair advantage....

belchardo
30-12-2013, 08:37 AM
All for the mitchell blame on the goal, but a strong supporting role from pepper. Ball watching and actually standing still when the adelaide player taps the ball in. Should have picked him up when he came through.

30-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Both Pepper and Gallaway have a long way to go re defence. Bloody scarey the amount of space those two afford opponnents they should be taking care of.

WolfMan
30-12-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't blame Mitchell for the goal. The ball came to him at a fair rate, didn't really have time to hoof it clear.

Ironically, if he had missed it altogether, Regz (I think) was back on the line and would have cleared it well before Djite got to it.

Shit happens, sometimes it's not an individual's fault.

MFKS
30-12-2013, 04:31 PM
All for the mitchell blame on the goal, but a strong supporting role from pepper. Ball watching and actually standing still when the adelaide player taps the ball in. Should have picked him up when he came through.

How is it Peppers fault??

I think we can all see at present he isn't a full backs rse hole but a work in progress. For this the blame should be laid squarely at the feet at the dick head who tries to continually convert people to the fullback position instead of actually signing players who play that position

Jetmaster
30-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Cockerill....

Physical side represents competitive instincts

Monday, 30 December 2013 12:20 PM

So Josep Gombau thought his Adelaide United side were kicked off the park by Newcastle Jets in their final game of 2013. Interesting. Having called the game for Fox Sports, I have to be honest. I didn't see it that way.

In some ways, Gombau is starting to adjust to life in the Hyundai A-League. We're hearing less about tika-taka, and more about pragmatism. Heaven forbid, the long ball is now a clearly defined tactic from the Reds.

I'm not sure what they'd think of that at the famed La Masia, where Gombau cut his coaching teeth with the youth of Barcelona FC. Who cares. To me, mixing up his approach seems to be a concession from Gombau that results are important, after all.

If a pass over the top of the opposing fullbacks works for Cirio, or Jeronimo, use it. Jon McKain and Osama Malik are doing just that.

After talking way too much about long-term planning, it finally seems to have dawned on Gombau that this is not a development league. It's the real deal, and his reaction when Bruce Djite scored what proved to be the winner against the Jets suggests he's had his epiphany. Good.

Yet there are still aspects of the Australian game Gombau is struggling to interpret, or embrace. That's unsurprising for two reasons. One, he's never coached here before and, two, he's a young coach short of experience. Which makes his reaction following the match against Newcastle easy to understand. But it doesn't make him right.

Physicality - whether Gombau and his acolytes care to admit it - remains ingrained within our footballing psyche. True enough, there's been a concerted push to coach it out of our players. When I watch so many of our NextGen central defenders shy away from contact situations, it makes me weep.

But every now and then, we see those competitive instincts re-emerge. It's a reminder that for all the tactical and technical advances we've made, a strong physical presence has been crucial to our progress on the international stage. Lose that - as we've started to do - and we throw away our advantage. Which is why I thoroughly enjoyed the game between the Reds and the Jets. Here was a game which, finally, had an edge.

Gombau clearly saw things differently. Before the match, all he'd talked about was how the Jets were going to 'foul, foul, foul' to disrupt the ball players in his team. The way things panned out, the Jets did shade the foul count, but only just (16-13). The yellow card count was even closer (4-3 to the Jets), while it was the Reds who made more tackles (25-19). Taylor Regan's lunge at Marcelo Carrusca was a big talking point, and I'd agree it deserved a red. But the worst tackle of the game came from Carrusca - high and late on Ruben Zadkovich - and should also have been a red.

The game I saw was feisty, ferocious and - yes - at times a bit naughty. But in challenging circumstances referee Chris Beath had a fine match, and his decisions reflected a rap sheet of indiscretions which went both ways.

If you talk to enough players, there's a common refrain. A 10-team competition breeds familiarity, boredom and even contempt. What they miss is the fire in their bellies, the competitive edge. With plenty at stake for both sides that's what we saw at Cooper's Stadium, and after the final whistle I didn't hear one player complaining. Instead that was left to Gombau, who has yet to appreciate that a lot of players, and a lot of fans, still admire brawn as much as brain.

The same applies, believe it or not, in countries like Brazil, Argentina, Italy and Spain. If you think the likes of Sergio Ramos, or Carlos Puyol, or Pepe, or Dante, or Fabrizio Coloccini, or Giorgio Chiellini, don't have a win-at-all-costs mentality, you're kidding yourselves. If you think Carrusca, or Jeronimo, haven't faced worse tackles playing for Estudiantes, think again.

There's no need to villify, or diminish, what we saw at Cooper's Stadium. In a league where apathy remains an ever-present danger, we should celebrate it instead.

Premy
30-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Just finished reading this myself what a champ.

Tommyjet
30-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Some sense from cockerill

Hunter403
31-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Good article. Agree with his view.

My2BobsWorth
31-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Taggart scoring in 3 out of 12 games is not good enough for a sole striker, need a change

hawk
31-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Taggart scoring in 3 out of 12 games is not good enough for a sole striker, need a change

didnt i say he had scored his yearly quota?

GazFish35
31-12-2013, 10:18 PM
He's the new viduka, didn't you hear? Or the new adebayour, score a hatful, sign a contract, relax.

MFKS
31-12-2013, 10:44 PM

Heskey ain't fully fit so who do you suggest??

Joey Gibbs :roflz:
Michale Bridges :blush::rof: FFS

My2BobsWorth
01-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I would rather watch Bridgey score none than watch Taggart score none. Throw Gibbsy in, shit throw the cabbage boy in, might shut you up for a while