Thurs 26th Dec Boxing Day
Sydney FC vs Brisbane FULLTIME 2-5
Fri 27th Dec
Heart vs Wellington k/off 730pm
Sat 28th Dec
Victory vs WSW k/off 745pm
Tues 31st Dec NY Eve
Mariners vs Perth k/off 6pm

Suck on that Harper you Smurf lovin' feek!
2 from Brizzie "as quick as you like" that bald twat likes to say, doesn't he? lofl

26-12-2013, 08:37 PM
You know it would make sense for Perth or even Heart to go after GvE for next season.

Perth, its further away.

Retro Jet
26-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Get a load of Seb Rhyall the whinging sook on this PoxSports highlights vid.
Sh!tney v Roar (http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/former-sky-blues-star-dimi-petratos-scores-a-hattrick-as-brisbane-roar-thumps-sydney-fc/story-e6frf4gl-1226790201539)

Williams wiping his hands of the filth and McKay taking the p!ss :lulzturtle:

Best txt eva tonight from Boz: "Check your watch...it's 5 past Sydney" :roflz:

pv4
26-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Just watched the highlights of SFC v BR.

Williams the ref has officially lost it. How in the world is Roars first penalty a penalty, and how is Roars second penalty not a straight red to the Sydney player?

Also - release the kitnerd - dafuq are you doing FFA? You wouldn't let Adelaide wear their home kit if Brisbane wore their home kit - how do you let Janjetovic wear a red and orange keepers kit ffs?

Premy
26-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Just watched the highlights of SFC v BR.

Williams the ref has officially lost it. How in the world is Roars first penalty a penalty, and how is Roars second penalty not a straight red to the Sydney player?

Also - release the kitnerd - dafuq are you doing FFA? You wouldn't let Adelaide wear their home kit if Brisbane wore their home kit - how do you let Janjetovic wear a red and orange keepers kit ffs?
IMO 1st tackle from Rhyall was well outside the box but Henrique manages to get into the box and Rhyall appears to trip him with his hand, I can't see how you couldn't give a Penalty

pv4
26-12-2013, 11:34 PM
You're meant to call the first foul. Which is well outside the box. And I still can't see contact when Henrique is actually in the box - but will admit he ends up in there eventually

militiamon
27-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Call the first foul? Wouldn't the ref be playing advantage after the first foul, then hand trip occurs inside the box?
Makes sense to me.

Fair call on the 2nd pen, easy red.

Grimario
27-12-2013, 12:31 AM
How the mc**** did we lose to that absolute shower of shite TWICE?

weston
27-12-2013, 12:49 AM
Roars first penalty was arguably soft. Player was fouled and kept trying to keep his feet, syd fc player hit him in the legs inside the box with his hand and roar went down. I say it was soft because I don't think the hand had that much force behind it to knock the guy over, though, well played by the roar, it was a smart bit of play.

2nd penalty, I agree and I questioned straight away why it wasn't a red. To me it was last man and a clear goalscoring opportunity. Yeh he had his back to goal but he had plenty of space to control the ball, it's not as if Janjetovic was rushing out to tackle him. Got that wrong.

Theo must feel a little bad after his howler at the end.

Jeterpool
27-12-2013, 06:29 AM
How the mc**** did we lose to that absolute shower of shite TWICE?

This

Jeterpool
27-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Just watching the game from last night. Does Harper have a permanent ADP boner or what!? How his clear dives for the free kick weren't called I'll never know - oh hang on, adp picked the ref didn't he.

Jeterpool
27-12-2013, 06:44 AM
Ha! I bet ADP gets an assist for Broich's goal.

pv4
27-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Call the first foul? Wouldn't the ref be playing advantage after the first foul, then hand trip occurs inside the box?
Makes sense to me.

I'm super confident I'm in the right here. Paging all refs to settle the debate

Premy
27-12-2013, 09:05 AM

Spoken like a true Defender:tongue:

Grimario
27-12-2013, 09:38 AM

Confirmed as advantage played, penalty correct call.
Also confirmed that Petkovic should have been red card for denying obvious goal scoring opportunity.

But no one has ever accused our officials of being good or consistent.

pv4
27-12-2013, 10:19 AM
You can't call a more adavntageous (?) foul during advantage, I've had years of refs on the field telling me so.

hawk
27-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Best txt eva tonight from Boz: "Check your watch...it's 5 past Sydney" :roflz:

w00t

Grimario
27-12-2013, 11:01 AM
You can't call a more adavntageous (?) foul during advantage, I've had years of refs on the field telling me so.

why not? Defender A hacks into the back of Attacker B outside the box... but manages to toe poke the ball to Attacker B in the box... who is then crash tackled to the ground by the goalkeeper.

Would you say it's fair to give Defender A a yellow and FK outside the box for attacking team or is the correct decision a red card for the keeper and a penalty?

weston
27-12-2013, 11:47 AM

As far as i see it, if the referee hasn't called for the first foul than the ball is still in play therefore anything that happens can be pulled up. I think the referee was waiting to see what happened next, to see if the player was going to keep his footing or not, if he had fallen over or defender got the ball he would of called the first foul. But because he was "tripped" in the box with the guys hand than he had every right to call that a foul.

One game i was refereeing in up here i think it was last year, one of the players was fouled outside the box and was at a tight angle to goal with players around, so i blew the whistle as her leg was coming down to kick the ball (she was stumbling to keep her feet mind you). She ended up putting the ball in the back of the net (yeh ok the keeper kinda helped her) but as i had already pulled up the foul i couldn't give her the goal and she was a bit pissed off with me as was the team captain.

My point being is if the referee hasn't blown the whistle, it's still in game. If a player is fouled after the whistle than maybe a yellow card or something (if its warranted) and the free kick from the first foul. No whistle and a second foul is commited after the first, than it's fair game to call the second foul.

militiamon
27-12-2013, 12:31 PM

Wait, so if the ref says to play advantage and then a player runs into the box, the defenders should just crash tackle that player because the ref can only call up the original foul?

Pretty much what Grim already said.

pv4
27-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Advantage is only to allow play to continue. If play stops, they call it the foul.

I'm not sure about another playing then fouling, but if it's the same player and it's still during the advantage stage, they definately call the first one.

How many times have you guys been involved in a game (you wot m8), there's two guys running side by side, one is noticeably fouling the other constantly and, even though the most recent foul happened in a better position, the original foul location is where the fk is taken.

Premy
27-12-2013, 01:55 PM
The ref played the advantage the advantage resulted in a penalty. What's so hard to get your head around?

snake
27-12-2013, 03:47 PM

local refs have never been wrong

Thomas477
27-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Did anyone ask ADP what he thought? Williams answers to him, doesn't he?

goaliepersempre
27-12-2013, 06:31 PM
I haven't seen the footage however. A few issue.

I fouls are always (well to the rule) marked at the point of initial contanct. Thus players diving to gain a couple extra metres shouldn't work. Now if a clear advantage I.e the lame and annoying thing to do both arms raised and pointing towards goal and " advantage"said Then whatever happens next is normal play. But if the ref is waiting to see what happens if an advantage can be given and then another foul occurs Then it goes back to the intitial foul. Always a critical question when close to goal. However if two fouls occur one after the other. The initial foul is held as that is the first infringement however action can be taken against anything that occurs after intitial foul.

Like I said I haven't yet seen the footage but will hopefully tonight (my time)

Finally people are releasing denying a goal scoring opportunity and not this stupid idea of "last man"

I will agree without seeing with the keeper kit clashes. It's a pet gripe with me when fundamental basic clear rules just get flicked away. Same with foul throw ins and position of the ball when a foul occurs if you can't get the basics right how are you supposed to get the critical calls correct.

On the refs re advantage sometimes your damned if you do damned if you don't. It's tricky one to get right. No one get on there high horse about this point cause I'm sure you have all been guilty with criticising.

Anywho back to snow whilst we have winter break in the season over here :)

GazFish35
27-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Adp dived twice for the free kick.

I can't wait till one of the refs has the balls to card him for simulation.

Grimario
27-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Like I said I haven't yet seen the footage but will hopefully tonight (my time)

From my untrained perspective, he was fouled outside the box but kept his feet. If he had been straight up bundled over, that's where the foul should be... but he kept going, inside the box where he was tripped by the defender using a hand. I usually have pv4's back in most things (because he showed up for DG once) but completely against him with this one.

baldrick
27-12-2013, 08:07 PM
The referee may play advantage whenever an infringement or offence occurs.

The referee should consider the following circumstances in deciding whether to apply the advantage or stop play:

• the severity of the offence: if the infringement warrants an expulsion, the
referee must stop play and send off the player unless there is a subsequent opportunity to score a goal
• the position where the offence was committed: the closer to the
opponent’s goal, the more effective it can be
• the chances of an immediate, promising attack
• the atmosphere of the match

From FIFA interpretations of the laws of the game.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/21/interpretation_law05_en.pdf

I was taught that the referee should always punish the most serious infringement of the laws. So if advantage was played & then another foul was committed that resulted in a penalty, the second foul should be sanctioned

Grimario
27-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Where does that Williams miss rank on the list of mind bogglingly bad misses this season?

stopper2
27-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Where does that Williams miss rank on the list of mind bogglingly bad misses this season?
Massive if you consider that it could very well be the difference between Aloisi having a job with the Heart or not!

GazFish35
27-12-2013, 08:32 PM
• the atmosphere of the match

We should all be more like the RBB, we'd get more advantage played.

furns
27-12-2013, 08:37 PM
moved posts into this shiny new thread and added match schedule to OP

hawk
27-12-2013, 09:19 PM
heart are stinkin and they have honkman

GazFish35
27-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Surely aloisi has to be sacked.

Bring Miron back to the a-league

Premy
27-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Surely aloisi has to be sacked.

Bring Miron back to the a-league

I think Rudan might get the gig

militiamon
27-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Only watched the last 30 mins. Heart were outplayed and did not look like a team fighting for 3 pts in a must-win game.

Misfud? Holy fxxx, I don't think there has been a poorer player in the league. His shooting ability is non-existent and his crosses were hilariously bad. Not even like mis-hit bad, more like completely the wrong technique bad.
Behich got completely schooled for that goal. Awful defending, the kind of shit you'd feel bad about in a casual game of indoor.
Big honknose Hoff doesn't appear to have made a bit of progress since he left us.

Wellington on the other hand, pretty decent. If they can get their shit sorted I can see them becoming a real force in the second half of the season.
Brockie is still woeful, but I could watch Hernandez all day. Such a magical player.
Substitute Miley Cyrus who set up the winning goal didn't look too bad either.

Premy
27-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Only watched the last 30 mins. Heart were outplayed and did not look like a team fighting for 3 pts in a must-win game.

Misfud? Holy fxxx, I don't think there has been a poorer player in the league. His shooting ability is non-existent and his crosses were hilariously bad. Not even like mis-hit bad, more like completely the wrong technique bad.
Behich got completely schooled for that goal. Awful defending, the kind of shit you'd feel bad about in a casual game of indoor.
Big honknose Hoff doesn't appear to have made a bit of progress since he left us.

Wellington on the other hand, pretty decent. If they can get their shit sorted I can see them becoming a real force in the second half of the season.
Brockie is still woeful, but I could watch Hernandez all day. Such a magical player.
Substitute Miley Cyrus who set up the winning goal didn't look too bad either.
To be fair Mifsud was good up until the last 20 mins, made some real good runs off the shoulder of Durante to find some space in dangerous positions, he absolutely gift wrapped Williams a goal but in true Williams fashion he hit row Z.

I think its the optimist in me but I could only wonder how Heartless would have gone if Engalaar had not broke his leg because that's what they are missing.

GazFish35
27-12-2013, 10:18 PM
They were half a chance for the first 60.

Aloisi should blame militiamon, they went to shit for the last 30.

If they had anyone half decent upfront they'd have scored a hatful

MFKS
27-12-2013, 10:55 PM
They were half a chance for the first 60.

Aloisi should blame militiamon, they went to shit for the last 30.

If they had anyone half decent upfront they'd have scored a hatful

Wouldn't matter who was up front half the time the delivery was at times abysmal or criminal and not acceptable in the NBN level

Grimario
27-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Really? There was at least a dozen quality balls into the Heart box in the first half... FK from Williams that no one made any movement for, the Mifsud cross that Williams squandered, the Kewell cross that curled just out of reach of Williams because he was slow to make the run, the cross from Dugandzic that was half a step in front of 3 players... they were better than most of the balls we put into the box.

GazFish35
27-12-2013, 11:18 PM
they were better than most of the balls we put into the box.

This. Truth.

joel31
28-12-2013, 11:08 AM
heart played well on the counter until they got tired in the second half then after nix scored they were discouraged and were poor

joel31
28-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Aloisi will be gone by the end of the week. Walked straight down tunnel after game, he knows his own fate

MFKS
28-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Aloisi will be gone by the end of the week. Walked straight down tunnel after game, he knows his own fate

I wouldn't count your chickens on this. Heart don't have the funds to pay him out.

Nor should they pay him out. The bloke is a young coach who is going through a tough learning curve. They will actually profit more by sticking with him and letting him turn the side around. This year may be a right off but they made the decision to go with a rookie coach instead of an experienced coach 2 years ago and should see it through with him

joel31
28-12-2013, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't count your chickens on this. Heart don't have the funds to pay him out.

Nor should they pay him out. The bloke is a young coach who is going through a tough learning curve. They will actually profit more by sticking with him and letting him turn the side around. This year may be a right off but they made the decision to go with a rookie coach instead of an experienced coach 2 years ago and should see it through with him
If new owners take over like rumoured I think the first thing they'd do would be replace him

MFKS
28-12-2013, 03:18 PM
If new owners take over like rumoured I think the first thing they'd do would be replace him

These new owners wouldn't be from the same school of thought as the Gypos mystery Russians would they??

Would not be surprised if the new owner angle was just planted rumour to take a bit of the heat off the Aloisi out campaign

Tommyjet
28-12-2013, 03:23 PM
These new owners wouldn't be from the same school of thought as the Gypos mystery Russians would they??

Would not be surprised if the new owner angle was just planted rumour to take a bit of the heat off the Aloisi out campaign

Prospective new owners are a group of businessmen headed by Melbourne storm chairmen. Offer is $12m. Apparently in latter stages of negotiations

The Dunster
28-12-2013, 05:33 PM

That's the impression I got as well.

Grimario
28-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Rival fans clash in Melbourne, WSW ultraz vs MV ultraz. Sokkah hooligans rioting.

****ing idiots.

My2BobsWorth
28-12-2013, 05:48 PM
He did return and do the interview with Lucy, and was fairly composed. The game was entertaining, unlike some Friday games. The team is shit, Harry excluded, and it's Johnnies team, so he prob should go

joel31
28-12-2013, 05:50 PM
He did return and do the interview with Lucy, and was fairly composed. The game was entertaining, unlike some Friday games. The team is shit, Harry excluded, and it's Johnnies team, so he prob should go
Mifsud makes good runs and is quick, he'd be good if their was someone to finish the chances he creates

My2BobsWorth
28-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Mifsud is rubbish

joel31
28-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Mifsud is rubbish
rubbish enough to create Heart's best chances yesterday

Grimario
28-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Mifsud is rubbish

He's no Bridgey, that's for sure.

My2BobsWorth
28-12-2013, 07:31 PM
He's no Bridgey, that's for sure.

Capn Obvious gonna come down hard on you

And if you think Williams was a shit finisher, have a look back over the Mifsuds

Grimario
28-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Williams ain't got nothing on Pain.

plague
28-12-2013, 08:16 PM
North Terrace sounds like they are doing a 90min silent protest.

plague
28-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Connor Pain's tiny carnie arms upset his balance there. Dead set can that bloke even reach his shoelaces?
He's like a ****ing T-Rex.

joel31
28-12-2013, 08:25 PM
North Terrace sounds like they are doing a 90min silent protest.
* trying to be like the heart

militiamon
28-12-2013, 09:24 PM
My gosh, I can't wait for the inevitable period of shitness that is headed Western Sydney's way. Cannot come soon enough for this lot.

militiamon
28-12-2013, 09:36 PM
"Can score Heffernan! - if we go back to Season 1"

lol

Grimario
28-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Brendon Speed, absolute dross. Rubbish refs, rubbish commentary. No wonder they can't get football to go great guns in the mainstream.

joel31
28-12-2013, 09:41 PM
nice strike

militiamon
28-12-2013, 09:41 PM
F*ck!

weston
28-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Covic... lol

hawk
28-12-2013, 09:43 PM
adp pfttt, fink's tha man

joel31
28-12-2013, 09:43 PM
"Out of all the Brazilian technicians like Zico None have picked out the top corner better than that."
you sure mate

militiamon
28-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Jeeezzz, the flight of that free kick as it goes in, stunning stuff.

q-money
28-12-2013, 09:53 PM
finkler, what a player :cool:

GazFish35
28-12-2013, 10:24 PM
"Out of all the Brazilian technicians like Zico None have picked out the top corner better than that."

http://youtu.be/1jdXEYCna6U
I see gui's top corner and raise you griffo's
From 2:20

Thomas477
28-12-2013, 10:49 PM
http://youtu.be/1jdXEYCna6U
I see gui's top corner and raise you griffo's
From 2:20

Griffo :wub::wub::wub:

ToddG NBUnited
28-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Aloisi has been sacked sauce tom smithies on twitter

hawk
28-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Aloisi has been sacked sauce tom smithies on twitter
finally

ToddG NBUnited
29-12-2013, 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJ44htHBZ8

Video of the pre game shit

GazFish35
29-12-2013, 09:50 AM
There's worse

The Dunster
29-12-2013, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJ44htHBZ8

Video of the pre game shit

Channel Nine think this is bad and yet Rugby League players putting their cocks in dogs mouths, taking a dump in a hotel lobby, or gang banging retarded chicks is all just a bit of fun when it comes to their lads.

q-money
29-12-2013, 01:51 PM
:rof: dunster, the voice of reason

Jeterpool
29-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Channel Nine think this is bad and yet Rugby League players putting their cocks in dogs mouths, taking a dump in a hotel lobby, or gang banging retarded chicks is all just a bit of fun when it comes to their lads.

Channel Nine don't have the rights to the A-League, World Cup or any football for that matter though, do they.

I'm surprised they didn't report on Joey Bartons schenanigans while he played for Newcastle United mistaking them for us.

plague
29-12-2013, 06:26 PM

Nah, y'all are missing the point. In this country, you can do anything you like as long as its followed up by a well written apology and an exclusive sit down with one of the aforementioned networks galaxy of stars.

Your local sockah hoolies dont apologise and SOCIETY JUST WONT STAND FOR THAT!!!!!!

hawk
29-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Nah, y'all are missing the point. In this country, you can do anything you like as long as its followed up by a well written apology and an exclusive sit down with one of the aforementioned networks galaxy of stars.

Your local sockah hoolies dont apologise and SOCIETY JUST WONT STAND FOR THAT!!!!!!

grubby league tried to hide behind a white ribbon for all of their assaults.... and it worked.

a community garden would work here. No riots can be seen past the feel good garden.

plague
29-12-2013, 08:44 PM
just saw MV fans blowing up about the Wanderers bringing flares to the game.

This made me giggle just a fair bit.

GazFish35
29-12-2013, 08:54 PM
I think they were blowing up that secco and cops did nothing when WSW let rip as apposed to swinging their truncheons and spraying their spicy salad dressing, rather than the fact that WSW ripped flares.

The double standards afforded to the WSW mob is getting ridiculous.

MFKS
29-12-2013, 08:57 PM
I think they were blowing up that secco and cops did nothing when WSW let rip as apposed to swinging their truncheons and spraying their spicy salad dressing, rather than the fact that WSW ripped flares.

The double standards afforded to the WSW mob is getting ridiculous.

Half of the NT's problems are self inflicted and most of their whinging is petty sour grapes.

Your right though about the double standards.

When is there gonna be any action taken against WSW for the RBB REGULARLY ripping flares??

furns
29-12-2013, 09:06 PM
If they dont do anything about it now, they never will.

29-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Diff rules apply for the company owned team.

militiamon
29-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Official line is that, when it comes to the RBB, it is now about flare minimisation rather than prevention.

What happened to the good old days when one flare down in Gosford gets us a week of front-page news coverage in The Herald?
$10,000 club fines for each flare ripped?