PDA

View Full Version : Return of the standing stadium

hawk
29-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Seems to be a push for standing areas in OS stadiums after a few years of all seaters.

Football League clubs consulted on return of standing
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25526329

Good idea or not?

Does it mean jack here? not really, Hunter stade is a recreation ground eg north and south hills.

Pros: Would help to stop the sitdown crowd whinging in certain areas and could be a better atmosphere at larger aways, dont trip over chairs if we score, and i like it

Cons: its straya so sit and shuddup ya face

Superdylan
29-12-2013, 03:20 AM
Would be awesome but unfortunately cannot see it happening in the short-term

GazFish35
29-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Parra stadium are looking at it.

boz-monaut
29-12-2013, 08:13 AM
we could stand on the hills but for some unknown reason the leadership of the Squadron are against it

q-money
29-12-2013, 08:47 AM
talk to the ffa pal

hawk
29-12-2013, 08:57 PM
next wet day, active behind goals

Premy
13-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Bristol City have been given the go ahead.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/12/standing-terraces-make-football-stadium-return-as-bristol-city-trial-given-the-go-ahead-4302013/

Dear Australian Government
NSW Government
FFA
HSG
Who ever the Fark decides these things.
Pretty Pretty please can we have this on the Southern Hill, I promise I'll behave and Vote for you all the time if you make this happen.

Thanks Premy.

Superdylan
14-02-2014, 10:26 AM
I can't really see it happening tbh escpially if grounds have concerts. I'll be honest I needed to sit down on several occasions last Sunday as I was worn out from the night before.

The way things are done now is good enough. I'm glad we have foldaway chairs not ones like Sydney football stadium.

GazFish35
14-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I can't really see it happening tbh escpially if grounds have concerts. I'll be honest I needed to sit down on several occasions last Sunday as I was worn out from the night before.

The way things are done now is good enough. I'm glad we have foldaway chairs not ones like Sydney football stadium.

Rail seats allow for concerts. Some can even be removed all together for use of the concrete terracing as stage area and the concert crowd can go the pitch.

It's more about the flip up/down seats that are flush with the rail.... And the rail a toning as anti surge barriers.

Many are starting to see the current rail seat design as safer than current seating arrangements.