PDA

View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Rd13 - Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory 4/1/14 k/off 530pm AEDST

furns
29-12-2013, 11:19 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/perth_glory_new_logo.jpg

2013/2014 Hyundai A-League
Season 9 Round 13
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Perth Glory FC

When: Saturday 4th January, 2014
Where: Hunter Stadium, 294 Turton Road, New Lambton, NSW
Kickoff: 530pm AEDST (gates open 430pm)
Tickets: https://beta.proticket.com.au/proticket/Events/Details/2748
Pre-match: from 2pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow

Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys # NTUA #NEWvPER
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/563168533775587/
Expecting a performance vs Brisbane rather than vs Adelaide

Hope Kew or Chapman is back ffs

GazFish35
29-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Might turn up.

la bazzle
30-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Does snake have a box?

Grimario
30-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Definitely won't be there. Have already passed my seats on to someone so hopefully they show up and hate football as much as I did.

Hunter403
31-12-2013, 12:54 PM
If the Jets play like they did against Adelaide it will be a long afternoon.

plague
31-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Going.
Lose.
Middleby out.

MFKS
31-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Hopefully Palmer gets his team and tactics right this week.

We all seen what happened last week when GVE was off sick,Palmer was nowhere to be seen and Deans was left in charge of the squad for the vast majority of the week

DEANS OUT

hawk
31-12-2013, 11:06 PM
we should have had a point v adelaide. I remember perf beating us nearly every game. loose

GazFish35
31-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Is their grub burns now ruled out?

MFKS
31-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Is their grub burns now ruled out?

Should be.

Send Offs mean you are suspended for the next match.

Being that it was 2 yellows he can't appeal on the grounds of some bullshit excuse like it weren't him

front2
31-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Being the R13 fixture at Thug Stadium, and no other sneaky catch up or deferred match I reckon Perf will be full of fire and brimstone. Bash on!

pv4
01-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Apparently Jacob Burns looks to be in serious bother from the mariners game. Word is the MRP will look into him wiping his bloodied hand over Matt Simon's shirt, which in the real world (aka off a football pitch) is considered assault

hawk
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Apparently Jacob Burns looks to be in serious bother from the mariners game. Word is the MRP will look into him wiping his bloodied hand over Matt Simon's shirt, which in the real world (aka off a football pitch) is considered assault

Simon deserved it, playon.

militiamon
01-01-2014, 06:20 PM

I heard about this, fxxxing lol!

plague
01-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Simon deserved it, playon.

This.
Can't get AIDS twice now can yer?

snake
02-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Does snake have a box?

no :'(

probably watch a the tenzo

joel31
02-01-2014, 04:54 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Jets-name-18man-squad-to-face-Glory/82141

Newcastle Jets squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 3. Taylor REGAN, 4. Kew JALIENS, 5. Ben KANTAROVSKI, 6. Zenon CARAVELLA, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Ruben ZADKOVICH (c), 9. Emile HESKEY, 10. Nathan BURNS, 11. Craig GOODWIN, 15. Josh BRILLANTE, 16. Jacob PEPPER, 17, James VIRGILI, 18. James BROWN, 19. Michael BRIDGES, 21. Sam GALLAWAY, 22. Adam TAGGART, 20. Ben KENNEDY (gk).

Ins: 4. Kew JALIENS (returns from injury) 17. James VIRGILI (promoted), 19. Michael Bridges (promoted),

Outs: 14. Josh MITCHELL

Kew is back :)

joel31
02-01-2014, 04:55 PM
but still no chapman

q-money
02-01-2014, 04:58 PM
i will be at this game, snake i expect to see your beautiful face

WolfMan
02-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Kew is back :)

Thank Kew! :grin:

Premy
02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
but still no chapman
If Conor is still injured why is he still going to Oman?

MFKS
02-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Played the last 3 Yoof games so he isn't injured unless something in training has occurred that I missed

Only seen one of them and did nothing to warrant justifying turfing Kew or Taylor Reagan out as he was pretty average to say the least that day

joel31
02-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Played the last 3 Yoof games so he isn't injured unless something in training has occurred that I missed

Only seen one of them and did nothing to warrant justifying turfing Kew or Taylor Reagan out as he was pretty average to say the least that day
He should at least be in the 18 man squad even if he doesn't start

My2BobsWorth
02-01-2014, 06:56 PM
We couldn't penetrate a crack whore at the moment, so obviously try to hang on for 0-0

joel31
02-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Jets 1 Perth 0 Taggart to grab the goal in a return to form

Thomas477
02-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Jacob Burns said on NBN news that the club was appealing his red card in the Mariners game. So somehow they are appealing a yellow card.

FFA to open a huge can of worms if they agree.

lquiquer
02-01-2014, 08:22 PM

So last week Mitchell rather than Chapman?!!!! interesting

Premy
02-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Jacob Burns said on NBN news that the club was appealing his red card in the Mariners game. So somehow they are appealing a yellow card.

FFA to open a huge can of worms if they agree.
he was sent for decent I highly doubt FFA to overturn a card for decent.

MFKS
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
So last week Mitchell rather than Chapman?!!!! interesting

Thought that had more to do with our master tactician Palmers love for having a right sided defender (Taylor/Chapman) and Left sided defender (Kew/Mitchell)

Jetmaster
02-01-2014, 09:25 PM

Took a moment to see what you meant.....lol

lquiquer
02-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Thought that had more to do with our master tactician Palmers love for having a right sided defender (Taylor/Chapman) and Left sided defender (Kew/Mitchell)

spot on MFKS .....thanks....also what's the latest with Mitch Cooper? Close to a return to A league football?

hawk
02-01-2014, 10:10 PM

well that was a spastic thought. stick to putting the best players on the park mofos

MFKS
02-01-2014, 11:28 PM
spot on MFKS .....thanks....also what's the latest with Mitch Cooper? Close to a return to A league football?
Still being brought along slowly in the Yoof. Started off with 30 mins or so in the second half and gradually increasing his game time

After last years shambles with James Brown I am all for him getting 6-8 games with a few of them as a starter under his belt in the Yoof before even considering him for HAL

Grimario
03-01-2014, 12:35 AM

Burns has never been decent. dunno why he got sent for that.

Premy
03-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Is that overrated French twat playing tomorrow???

Premy
03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Burns suspension confirmed

furns
03-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Sighs of relief all round the training paddock today....

Tommyjet
03-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Was hoping burns was playing, such a passenger in midfield these days. Perth will be much quicker through the midfield tomorrow

stopper2
03-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Chapman is clearly an integral part of the U/22's going to Oman so I would say that the powers to be in the National set-up have instructed GVE not to risk him in recent weeks since he has just came back from injury. Pretty obvious

stopper2
03-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Was hoping burns was playing, such a passenger in midfield these days. Perth will be much quicker through the midfield tomorrow

Burns is always good for a card or two:grin:

MFKS
04-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Game Day

About ****ing time we had a home game

FIRE THE **** UP LIKE THE RBB

04-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Game Day

Does this include flares and detonators or should we leave them at home for now ?.

Tommyjet
04-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Wonder if Jacob will turn up to run things from the sideline for Jacob burns fc

q-money
04-01-2014, 09:33 AM
since when is a bunger called a detonator ffs

plague
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Game Day

Yeah I'll be there Member.
Prob just sit and mind my own business though.
Sorry.

boz-monaut
04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
since when is a bunger called a detonator ffs
if it was a detonator, which is the term they give the small explosive charges they leave on rail lines to act as a warning for workers, then the RBB would have blood coming out their ears and possibly other injuries -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/P%C3%A9tard_sncb.jpg

they take a fair bit of an impact to set off so it's not like someone could just throw one down on the ground and have it go off - this would be very noticeable on CCTV if done in a stadium, or if it was being obscured by blokes, they'd likely be injured - they're also incredibly stringently controlled and very hard to get hold of

I could be wrong but anyway we'll wait to read this expose in the Murdoch press tomorrow

belchardo
04-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Terrible first 20 minutes.

belchardo
04-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Just gash.

Pepper is not a right back.

Are they still drunk from the golf? Only way i can think to explain the atrocious passing.

Premy
04-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Get that farking liability (Caravella) of the park

belchardo
04-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Are we getting worse?

belchardo
04-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Are we getting worse?

Yes.

Thank god, caravella off, kanta on.

snake
04-01-2014, 08:15 PM
chivas regal and peppz have been best so far

snake
04-01-2014, 08:18 PM
vuko making up for no-show at beijing

belchardo
04-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Just bloody terrible.

Love the work from tara interviewing vuko: "what is it about perth glory? They seem to be your bogey team." Vuko response: "i am perth"

stockojet
04-01-2014, 08:44 PM
well noy getting worse. at least we had some chances today and barring vukovic would have had some but our passing is abysmal and I counted 20 dangerous turnovers in the first 22 min. I'm already thinking bring on next year

belchardo
04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
2 points outside the bottom 4. Carn you jets!

jim wallis
04-01-2014, 08:47 PM
couple of honest points

If perth can have 6 supporters and win you cant blame the other 11000 for another shit performance
gve, you are a spastic coach. the sack is coming
hesky, difference between you and crap are the boots
taggert, the other goals were a fluke glad your on kids duty
the crowd, you were awesome to turn up and support this shit
the supposed fortress, is a vagina, fully ****ed
Burns, the sooner you go the better for all australian's, ****
Brillinate, if you were faster than a snail you might win a ball
truth hurts get it up ya

belchardo
04-01-2014, 08:57 PM
couple of honest points

If perth can have 6 supporters and win you cant blame the other 11000 for another shit performance
truth hurts get it up ya

Thought I was reading an mfks post until I noticed no kale reference. :lulz:

MFKS
04-01-2014, 09:38 PM
couple of honest points

truth hurts get it up ya

Who is this dickhead??

Pierre Essers
04-01-2014, 09:42 PM
couple of honest points

truth hurts get it up ya

Assuming your edit was to soften the post?!?!

Or made a mistake between swallowing turpentine?.?.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
We got robbed tonight. The ball was over the line. Kew can now join Frank Lampards support group.

Also Caravella is a less-than-adequate fill in for Kanta. Bloke refused to drop leaving us with zero options to play out except the keeper and the bloke who just played it. Not surprisingly we looked terrible as we did the first three rounds.

Much better second half but I'm beginning to think Taggz over plays things. He holds onto it for too long and tries tondo everything himself.

Goodwin had a fair game and looked good in second half. Should have buried his chance but I reckon he thought too much about it because of the time he had. Looked dangerous second half.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Oh and Reegz was immense.

pv4
04-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Needs more kanta

Premy
04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Also Caravella is a less-than-adequate fill in for Kanta.
Welcome to the club.

sammydog
04-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Did anyone else here GVE in the fist half yelling at Birrighitti to keep getting the ball played back to him until there was 5min in the half to go? Seems like we are sliding back to the possession game and the results are showing as we slide down the table.

Ball looked across the line to me.

But honestly, we were terrible. No movement off the ball when attacking, not that it mattered, the players with the ball weren't looking up to play the ball anyway. Once again players look scared to shoot.

The back line looks fine to me (other than Peppers in ability to pass to one of our players). Regan and Jailens make a good pairing.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the club.

Always was a member mate. Just trying to get new recruits.

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Always was a member mate. Just trying to get new recruits.

I heard and saw it too. Gary was mighty pissed first half. You could have parked 5 cars in the gap Caravella left in midfield.

I said to my mate we looked like we we did early in the year. New year so all that was old is new again

MFKS
04-01-2014, 10:20 PM
We got robbed tonight. The ball was over the line. Kew can now join Frank Lampards support group.

Also Caravella is a less-than-adequate fill in for Kanta. Bloke refused to drop leaving us with zero options to play out except the keeper and the bloke who just played it. Not surprisingly we looked terrible as we did the first three rounds.

Much better second half but I'm beginning to think Taggz over plays things. He holds onto it for too long and tries tondo everything himself.

Goodwin had a fair game and looked good in second half. Should have buried his chance but I reckon he thought too much about it because of the time he had. Looked dangerous second half.

What was even more noticeable about the difference between Zenon and Kanta was that when one of Kew/Taylor had the ball for some reason Zenon started always moving forward up the park. When Kanta was on he dropped in and covered Kew/Taylor.

What the **** was GVE thinking dropping him.

On another note with the contentious goal line decision. Can't fault the linesman as he wouldn't have had much chance to do anything other than guess

I suppose playing with a white ball with a team in an all white kit isnt helping the cause????

The linesman would have had a hard time spotting the ball anyway. There were 2 Jets players and Vukovic in his way and a white ball amongst a cluster of white kits wouldnt have helped

Jeterpool
04-01-2014, 10:24 PM
What was even more noticeable about the difference between Zenon and Kanta was that when one of Kew/Taylor had the ball for some reason Zenon started always moving forward up the park. When Kanta was on he dropped in and covered Kew/Taylor.

What the **** was GVE thinking dropping him.

On another note with the contentious goal line decision. Can't fault the linesman as he wouldn't have had much chance to do anything other than guess

I suppose playing with a white ball with a team in an all white kit isnt helping the cause????

The linesman would have had a hard time spotting the ball anyway. There were 2 Jets players and Vukovic in his way and a white ball amongst a cluster of white kits wouldnt have helped

I noticed Zenon's movement too. Thanks for bringing that up. He's simply not that sort of player.

Tommyjet
04-01-2014, 10:38 PM
Kanta makes our midfield. I thought zads looked lost between the lines without kanta there but when he came on it just freed zads up.

hawk
04-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Did anyone else here GVE in the fist half yelling at Birrighitti to keep getting the ball played back to him until there was 5min in the half to go? Seems like we are sliding back to the possession game and the results are showing as we slide down the table..

yep. we will play his way even if it means no semis. give the vaneg a choco, woof.

embarrassment.

MFKS
04-01-2014, 10:53 PM
yep. we will play his way even if it means no semis. give the vaneg a choco, woof.

embarrassment.

Rather ridiculous this argument.

Taggart Goodwin Jalians put them away in the first half and we are 3-0 up at HT and fapping over how good we are on here tonight.
. Even the contentious line decision Kew should have buried it he had plenty of net from 3 yards out to aim for and somehow found Vukovic

We played alright tonight except we didn't put the ball in the net. We could easily have bagged 6-7 tonight if things were running our way.

We just didn't take our chances and They did.

Thats football

Captain Obvious
04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
We need to start winning games if we are to make the top 6.

Premy
04-01-2014, 11:00 PM
We need to start winning games if we are to make the top 6..

We need to start winning games if we are to make the top 6.

hawk
04-01-2014, 11:05 PM

Taggart Goodwin Jalians put them away in the first half and we are 3-0 up at HT and fapping over how good we are on here tonight.
. Even the contentious line decision Kew should have buried it he had plenty of net from 3 yards out to aim for and somehow found Vukovic

We played alright tonight except we didn't put the ball in the net. We could easily have bagged 6-7 tonight if things were running our way.

Thats football

couldve shouldve didnt wakey wakey

hawk
04-01-2014, 11:06 PM
we should have had a point v adelaide. I remember perf beating us nearly every game. loose

any cvnt surprised cept for mk who thought we bosed

lquiquer
04-01-2014, 11:20 PM
First half we were technically terrible......could not put 3 passes together and when we did we finally lost the ball and they scored....!!!!

lquiquer
04-01-2014, 11:22 PM
And yes our finishing touch (As MFKS mentioned) let us down big time

Thomas477
04-01-2014, 11:33 PM
With Kanta and with the ball we play a 3-4-3, with Kanta another CB.

With Caravella, we play 2-5-3, with our midfield on halfway and. our defenders on our 18.

Nice and tight.

joel31
04-01-2014, 11:39 PM

Thats football
Agreed but they should have never had that chance in which they scored off. Shocking pass from Pepper

lquiquer
04-01-2014, 11:46 PM
watching the replay on Fox and the Squadron sounds great..... terrific effort in a poor night for us

stopper2
04-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Roar showed tonight against Victory the way football should be played. We butchered numerous chances tonight because of players not even being able to hit the target and wanting to go for personal glory by having ridiculous pings on the edge of the box when team-mates are in better positions....until that changes we will always struggle to score goals.

Skirt Boy
04-01-2014, 11:52 PM
**** it can be depressing supporting this team at times.

lquiquer
04-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Roar showed tonight against Victory the way football should be played. We butchered numerous chances tonight because of players not even being able to hit the target and wanting to go for personal glory by having ridiculous pings on the edge of the box when team-mates are in better positions....until that changes we will always struggle to score goals.

You must be referring to our hat trick boy?

lquiquer
04-01-2014, 11:57 PM
**** it can be depressing supporting this team at times.

Depressing sounds too nice

MFKS
05-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Depressing FFS

In the endless shower of shite you endure supporting this club I will happily take losses like we got tonight as opposed to the usual dross we get.

We at least were robbed blind and Perth got ****ing lucky.

WHAT THE **** IS THERE TO BE DEPRESSED ABOUT???

joel31
05-01-2014, 12:05 AM
I'd call my mood leaving the ground as "extreme frustration" not depression

pv4
05-01-2014, 12:10 AM
Here's a note to gve - on your first home game in 5 weeks, don't play the same shit football you did for the last two seasons and bore the home fans who came to watch the team play.

The exact tactics employed tonight were the ones which saw us play the equally as boring 0-0 game earlier in the season. Why exactly did gve think it would work this time?

I will repeat - without kanta we are nothing.

Oh also regan should have stopped the goal.

stopper2
05-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Depressing FFS

In the endless shower of shite you endure supporting this club I will happily take losses like we got tonight as opposed to the usual dross we get.

We at least were robbed blind and Perth got ****ing lucky.

WHAT THE **** IS THERE TO BE DEPRESSED ABOUT???

I'll tell you what's depressing....Whenever this club has a chance to really set ourselves up nicely amongst the frontrunners (a win would have put us in clear 3rd) we fail everytime...this has been going on for SIX SEASONS NOW!

joel31
05-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Here's a note to gve - on your first home game in 5 weeks, don't play the same shit football you did for the last two seasons and bore the home fans who came to watch the team play.

The exact tactics employed tonight were the ones which saw us play the equally as boring 0-0 game earlier in the season. Why exactly did gve think it would work this time?

I will repeat - without kanta we are nothing.

Oh also regan should have stopped the goal.
The same tactics which saw us take 23 shots tonight, a number of which were good chances that if we'd taken would leave us happy winners

pv4
05-01-2014, 12:26 AM
The same tactics which saw us take 23 shots tonight, a number of which were good chances that if we'd taken would leave us happy winners

The same tactics that saw us lose. At home. Against Perth Glory. Without their captain. After a cosching shakeup. And general club turmoil. With their two main strikers out.

Yep those ones

seldom
05-01-2014, 12:50 AM
I'll tell you what's depressing....Whenever this club has a chance to really set ourselves up nicely amongst the frontrunners (a win would have put us in clear 3rd) we fail everytime...this has been going on for SIX SEASONS NOW!

Yeah I dont understand why we pressurise Roar and then rest players and play a different style against an under par Glory...makes zero sense

furns
05-01-2014, 01:09 AM
watching the replay on Fox and the Squadron sounds great..... terrific effort in a poor night for uscheers mate
considering there were about 70 in the bay and only 30 were actually singing, imagine if everyone actually participated?? :sigh:

The Dunster
05-01-2014, 03:22 AM
I don't recall another game this season where we created so many scoring chances and yet it would appear that many think the sky is falling.

It just wasn't our night.

Caravella, is a massive liability in defence and needs to go. Adelaide let him leave for a reason.

baldrick
05-01-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't recall another game this season where we created so many scoring chances and yet it would appear that many think the sky is falling.

It just wasn't our night.

Yeah, if we put away any of the multiple chances that we created, we'd all be having a different conversation (I'm agreeing with you btw)

Not a minute before Perth scored, I turned to my brother & we both said "you know what will happen: we will miss all of our chances, Perth will only get one arsey chance & bury it."

It's all my fault...

Jeterpool
05-01-2014, 08:43 AM

I'd be interested to see how many of those were in the second half and how many ended up on target.

We wasted the first 45 minutes out there yesterday with the tactics we deployed. And the few free kicks we had in attacking areas were wasted - particularly in the first half.

halo se7en
05-01-2014, 09:06 AM
According to my aleague app we had 23 attempts on goal, 8 on target. Compared with 7 & 2 for Glory. The irony was that our general lack of idea up front directly lead to playing it all the way back after a corner, leading to the **** up & Perth goal.

WolfMan
05-01-2014, 09:30 AM
One thing I am increasingly noticing is the general petulance of one A. Taggart

After a lovely worked move and then a shot inside the box from Burns after cutting inside, Taggart threw a mini tantrum because Burnsy didn't pass him the ball.

Burns was well within his rights to shoot, as is Taggart when he is in a good position. The hypothetical ball to be played for Adam to shoot would have been impossible due to the placement of defenders anyway.

I want our players to want the ball of course, but it seems like Taggs is the first to blow up deluxe when he doesn't get the ball, even when his teammates might be in better positions.

I'm not denouncing the bloke, he is a real talent. Just think it is a maturity thing. I'm sure he will become a better player for it.

joel31
05-01-2014, 09:36 AM

After a lovely worked move and then a shot inside the box from Burns after cutting inside, Taggart threw a mini tantrum because Burnsy didn't pass him the ball.

Burns was well within his rights to shoot, as is Taggart when he is in a good position. The hypothetical ball to be played for Adam to shoot would have been impossible due to the placement of defenders anyway.

I want our players to want the ball of course, but it seems like Taggs is the first to blow up deluxe when he doesn't get the ball, even when his teammates might be in better positions.

I'm not denouncing the bloke, he is a real talent. Just think it is a maturity thing. I'm sure he will become a better player for it.
Its probably from all the pressure of being called the new Joel Griffiths and linked with a spot to Brazil

WolfMan
05-01-2014, 10:30 AM
He was doing it from the first match of the season. I thought perhaps it would settle as the team bedded in, but maybe not?

Disinterested Bystander
05-01-2014, 11:32 AM

He's not the only one and it had been going on all season - him and Burns have been abysmal in thisregard. Apart from Heskey, who actually looks to provide for his teammates, the attacking third this year, regardless of lineups/combos, has looked to me like a bunch of guys playing a junior rep team trial match - everyone trying to do it all individually to look like a star, ignoring teammates in better positions and cracking the shits big time when they get ignored.

outsider
05-01-2014, 12:23 PM

Inconclusive on TV and AR's view would have been restricted.Would not have been an issue if the middle two of the so called back four had been in position when Perth scored not to mention the fact that we missed at least 3 chances in the first half and several in the second half and had over 60 per cent possession.

Jetmaster
05-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Can't blame the coach for the misses and defensive stuff up...however:

* Most of our team have the first touch of a rapist, why is this not being dealt with?
* Why are so many passes astray?
* Why are so many of our players on their heels when a pass is made - the mobility across the whole team is poor.
* Why tinker with a team that was going fine before Christmas?
* Why do we still not have either a midfield playmaker nor a quality dead ball specialist for free kicks and corners?
* Why do we stuff up throw ins !!??
* Pepz is not a defender, yet...he has cost us goals against Sydney, WSW and Perth in the last month.
* Galloway can defend but provides nothing in attack.

I agree with many that say we are still a struggling mid table team - success would be getting sixth spot.

Something needs to give - tactically and culturally...

My2BobsWorth
05-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Only one player can fix this mess

Tommyjet
05-01-2014, 06:10 PM

No

stockojet
05-01-2014, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=Jetmaster;58460]Can't blame the coach for the misses and defensive stuff up...however:

* Most of our team have the first touch of a rapist, why is this not being dealt with?
* Why are so many passes astray?
* Why are so many of our players on their heels when a pass is made - the mobility across the whole team is poor.
* Why tinker with a team that was going fine before Christmas?
* Why do we still not have either a midfield playmaker nor a quality dead ball specialist for free kicks and corners?
* Why do we stuff up throw ins !!??
* Pepz is not a defender, yet...he has cost us goals against Sydney, WSW and Perth in the last month.
* Galloway can defend but provides nothing in attack.

I agree with many that say we are still a struggling mid table team - success would be getting sixth spot.

Something needs to give - tactically and culturall

stockojet
05-01-2014, 06:27 PM
some great points here. Galloway and Brilliante in particular gave the ball away regularly.
Jaliens looked terrible trying to come forward
we build attacks only to retreat to our keeper who must have the most touches in every game
our quality of crosses and dead ball free kicks are abysmal and we have no height in the box. got to get runners in the box
throw ins are regularly under pressure and given away
our so called stars, Bridges, Caravella, Jaliens, Burns, Heskey under perform week in and out
we need ruben in the backs, Brown with game time in the midfield and we need to use Virgilli and Goodwin as supersubs in the last 25 to run the defenders ragged

stockojet
05-01-2014, 06:28 PM
who? Ronaldo or Van Persie

stockojet
05-01-2014, 06:33 PM
At least we did create some chances. not like against Adelaide where we looked like a 5th division pub side. Caravella doesnt make an adequate replacement for a ball boy. Not even in the same league as Kanta

My2BobsWorth
05-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Settle down stocko, you'll burst a poofle valve

pv4
05-01-2014, 08:55 PM

You're right - Kanta

la bazzle
08-01-2014, 01:49 AM
Galloway stinks. 52% pass completion in the first half. Honkin. His tackles look great but mostly come after he's lost the ball and tracks back. He's a deadset stinker.

hawk
08-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Settle down stocko, you'll burst a poofle valve
rofl

furns
08-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Galloway stinks. 52% pass completion in the first half. Honkin. His tackles look great but mostly come after he's lost the ball and tracks back. He's a deadset stinker.
wb bazzle