PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

pv4
22-01-2014, 12:56 PM
How can a player be made marquee when they've already been in the league for a few seasons?? Surely Victory can't claim he's going to bring anything new to them or the league as a whole

Roar did it with Broich

Victory in a sense did it with Flores

Sydney FC did it with Aloisi

Jeterpool
22-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Yes - just saw tweets by Tara and Fox. Apparently international marquee ??

Bye bye Archie....

More news...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbournevictory/news-display/Besart-Berisha-to-join-Victory-in-201415/83853

I guess that explains the Solorzano link.

joel31
22-01-2014, 01:27 PM
its a shame they signed a striker coz I enjoy watching their strikerless system

russjaybee
22-01-2014, 02:14 PM
How can a player be made marquee when they've already been in the league for a few seasons?? Surely Victory can't claim he's going to bring anything new to them or the league as a whole

Not sure if serious?

A new player comes in to the league and dominates, consistently scoring goals and providing entertainment. In order to keep him in the league you have to play him higher salary than what he might now being offered from overseas / other clubs etc.
Marquee isn't necessarily about bringing something "new" to the league, it's about having exciting players that bring value to the league, like the value of watching him attempt to punch on with his own team mate. Dead ringing for marquee.

Jetmaster
22-01-2014, 02:26 PM
^^

This - remember that we offered Griff a $2m, 3 year contract as a marquee a few years back.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
22-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Does that mean that Contreras will be gone at seasons end from the Victory?
His perfomrnaces this seaosn thus far havent warranted marquee status anyway in my opinion.

joel31
22-01-2014, 03:13 PM
His perfomrnaces this seaosn thus far havent warranted marquee status anyway in my opinion.
I think so

leftrightout
22-01-2014, 03:31 PM

He has been f*cking horrible for them.
In my opinion there has only been maybe one worse marquee... any guesses who?

belchardo
22-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Contreras and Coe challenging each other for worst player in the victory starting side on a regular basis.

MFKS
22-01-2014, 05:00 PM
He has been f*cking horrible for them.
In my opinion there has only been maybe one worse marquee... any guesses who?

John Aloisi Smurfs and Scum??
Brian Deane Perth Glory???
Jason Culina Newy Jets??
Brett Emerton Smurfs??

There have been a few

MFKS
22-01-2014, 05:13 PM
WHEN, and more importantly, where, is the right place to expand the Hyundai A-League?

It's a question that has spawned a thousand articles and debates. But if the football community of Townsville has its way, it'll be a case of back to the future by 2018 at the latest, with a very familiar name re-entering the fray.

Northern Fury has kept the football dream alive in the far north, after the region's A-League club was disbanded in 2011. Fury currently compete in the National Premier Leagues (Queensland) - but on Thursday, they will meet informally with FFA in Sydney, where they hope to be given a framework, to work towards regaining their senior league place.

Football romantics will also be pleased to learn that they plan to return to their old name.

"We've done some research, which shows that they (Fury fans) would like to have North Queensland back in the name. We're looking at it for next year. Internally, the feedback we have (from FFA, which owns the name), is that they wouldn't have an issue with it, or the logo and colours, which we already use," says Chairman, Rabieh Krayem.

Aside of the name change, the next stage in Fury's plan is to gain admittance into both the National Youth League and W-League, in time for the 2015-2016 season.

"They would (both) cost $1 million - we're capable of doing that. We need to give a pathway to the young players in North Queensland. We don't want an A-League licence today, but we do need a vision as to where the game is going." says Krayem.

Football Queensland are supportive of the Fury's plans, and have already held discussions with the governing body. Thursday's meeting is to test the waters still further.

"David Gallop was a strong supporter of the Cowboys when he was with the NRL, so we're hopeful. With the Fury, it's about open dialogue. We know that we need to prove we can be financially viable, but when the next expansion phase comes in - in line with the next TV deal - we want to be discussed at the very least," says Krayem.

In the meantime, Fury believes it is building the club in the right way - from the grassroots up. Averaging around 2,400 at the Townsville Sports Reserve last year, Fury say they have sold more merchandising than all the other NPL (Queensland) clubs combined.

Next week, Fury launches a membership program for the first time, which, Krayem says, will aim for numbers of around 5,000 within two years. The club has re-appointed Ian Ferguson as its senior coach, while behind the scenes, former FFA head of corporate and public affairs, Bonita Mersiades, has also joined in their push towards re-admittance.

Expansion isn't officially on the FFA timetable - at least not publicly - but it seems reasonable to expect that, by 2018, the game will be looking at pushing into new markets once more.

As Gold Coast and Fury remind us, expansion has its risks.

Geelong, Wollongong, Canberra, Tasmania will all have their supporters when the time comes - perhaps even other areas of Queensland - but Krayem believes there can be only one choice.

"There's no doubt Queensland deserves two A-League clubs, given the size of the state. We're trying to earn the right to have a team again by developing the foundations, which we didn't do last time. What we're saying to FFA is, what's it going to take? If they tell us you need a, b and c, then we'll know what we have to deliver." says Krayem.

By Thursday evening, they may know a little more - and North Queensland Fury may be a working entity once again, three years after it disappeared out of the lexicon, seemingly never to return..

russjaybee
22-01-2014, 05:30 PM
John Aloisi Smurfs and Scum??
Brian Deane Perth Glory???
Jason Culina Newy Jets??
Brett Emerton Smurfs??

There have been a few

Shirley you're avoiding the obvious as a G up?

Jeterpool
22-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Shirley you're avoiding the obvious as a G up?

You mean a J Up right?

russjaybee
22-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Up and Sideways

holmesy
23-01-2014, 11:20 AM
FFA approves Melbourne Heart licence acquisition
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today announced that the acquisition of the Melbourne Heart licence in the Hyundai A-League by English Premier League club Manchester City and its Australian partners has been approved.

Under the terms of the transaction, the new owners will assume responsibility for all existing obligations of Melbourne Heart.

FFA CEO David Gallop said the acquisition of the Melbourne Heart licence was a huge vote of confidence in the future of the Hyundai A-League.

“Football has moved into the mainstream of Australian sport and is ideally placed to benefit from the boom in football across Asia,” said Gallop.

“Manchester City and their Australian partners have made a strategic investment and I welcome them to our growing competition. It’s another sign that the world is taking notice of Australian football.

“Manchester City and their partners will bring a high level of expertise in football and sports business matters and that can only strengthen the Melbourne Heart and the Hyundai A-League as a whole.”

The Australian partners are also part of the ownership group of National Rugby League (NRL) club the Melbourne Storm, but the Heart and the Storm will remain separate entities.

“The arrangements we have approved will see Manchester City have an 80% share,” said Gallop.

“There may be some common directors between the Heart and the Storm, but we are comfortable with the plan that the Heart will be largely a separately operated business, similar to the arrangements in Newcastle with the Jets and the Knights.”

Gallop has commended Manchester City and its Australian partners for their professional manner in completing the acquisition.

“The initial discussions began with our chairman Frank Lowy over a year ago in New York and we’ve been impressed with the clear strategic approach to the acquisition,” said Gallop.

“The new owners are taking a long-term view of this investment, which fits perfectly with our strategic plans for the A-League and the growth trajectory of Australian football.”

Thoughts?

hawk
23-01-2014, 11:24 AM
man city has a play thing on the other side of the world?

q-money
23-01-2014, 11:24 AM
good for the game, the best club in england taking over the best club in australia

BodyNovo
23-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Abu Dhabi taking control of the sporting cities of the world

Manchester
New York
Melbourne.

Qatar next

belchardo
23-01-2014, 11:38 AM
didn't know about the man city aspect of the deal. pretty darn good in my opinion.

Jeterpool
23-01-2014, 12:05 PM
I think it's a good thing, whilst ever Abu Dhabi are in control of Man City.

the blue manc
23-01-2014, 12:12 PM
goodbye jets, hello heart

plague
23-01-2014, 12:33 PM
It tells me that, like him or not, Frank Lowy opens a hell of a lot of doors across the world.

pv4
23-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Apparently domain & business names have been setup for Melbourne City FC

belchardo
23-01-2014, 02:32 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2041317/bluetongue-brewery-goes-belly-up/?cs=303

but what will the stadium be called now????

Jetmaster
23-01-2014, 02:55 PM
^^

Finally, Centrelink gets its chance !!!

BodyNovo
23-01-2014, 03:05 PM
thank F**k drinking that cat piss at the stadium is the worst thing.

Bon
23-01-2014, 03:07 PM
thank F**k drinking that cat piss at the stadium is the worst thing.

Cat piss it may be, but I have to say, at least they serve full strength for the entirety of the game..

BodyNovo
23-01-2014, 03:15 PM
melbourne serve full strength bulmers :)

Jetmaster
23-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Zane press conference...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2041475/video-clayton-zane-press-conference/?cs=306

WolfMan
23-01-2014, 04:35 PM
I actually really hope he can do a job for us. He definitely has the communication skills from what I can see

Tommyjet
23-01-2014, 05:26 PM
I actually really hope he can do a job for us. He definitely has the communication skills from what I can see

Yeah I'm growing to him, I like what he is saying about simplifying roles and getting heskey more involved. Sounds like gve forced the team into total confusion

MFKS
23-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Man City taking over Melburn Heart???

All I will say is Northern Spirit >> Glasgow Rangers

Not necessarily a match made in heaven as it may appear

Beeen
23-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Man City taking over Melburn Heart???

All I will say is Northern Spirit >> Glasgow Rangers

Not necessarily a match made in heaven as it may appear

Aye they're both dead

GazFish35
23-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Zane press conference...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2041475/video-clayton-zane-press-conference/?cs=306

First time in a while I've heard a coach speak more than five minutes without resorting to cliches, deflecting questions or mindless bs. Didn't give too much away either. Hope he does as well on the side of the pitch as he does in front the cameras. Very refreshing. Would be ****ing sick to have a local in charge.

sanchez
24-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Any news on GC? (Griff clearance)

Premy
24-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Abu Dhabi taking control of the sporting cities of the world

Manchester
New York
Melbourne.

Qatar next

With the new Asean Super League to start in 2015 one would think a Singapore City or Jakarta City is on the cards too.

I'm sure they would love a CSL, J-League & K-League Brand too.

Premy
24-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Bosnar training with FC

Jetmaster
25-01-2014, 09:25 AM
So....whatever happened to Nathan Burns ?

Beeen
25-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Hit the bong, gave up football

joel31
25-01-2014, 01:28 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/videos/all/Update-from-Club-CEO-and-Chairman/9774/1

MFKS
28-01-2014, 04:39 PM
HIGH OCTANE winger Andrew Hoole is set to be rewarded for a spectacular second-half cameo with a return to the Jets starting side for the vital visit of Western Sydney Wanderers.

Hoole was one of the few positives to emerge from the 3-0 loss to fierce rivals Central Coast Mariners at Bluetongue Stadium on Saturday.

See your ad here

The home-grown 20-year-old was injected at half-time and put the Mariners on the back foot with his explosive bursts down the flank and into the penalty box.

Such was the impact, Hoole was awarded one vote in the broadcaster Fox Sports’s Alex Tobin Medal voting for a non-stop 45-minute shift.

The local derby doubled as the first game in charge for caretaker coach Clayton Zane, who replaced the sacked Gary van Egmond a week ago.

Wary of fielding tired bodies in a fierce grudge match, Zane opted to bring in only two of the four Australian under-22 players who arrived back from Oman late Wednesday night. Adam Taggart and Josh Brillante started in a new-look 4-4-2 formation.

Hoole was left on the bench. Connor Chapman was not involved.

It is a scenario unlikely to happen again any time soon after a commanding performance by the Broadmeadow Magic product.

‘‘Hooley was fantastic and makes it pretty difficult to leave him out now,’’ assistant coach Craig Deans said.

‘‘We need to make sure we reward people for good performances, and he certainly had one".

‘‘He is a good kid. He is very positive, and pretty aggressive, which sometimes we need to put a check on.

‘‘He is a very much an off-the-cuff player and was given the task of trying to make it difficult for the Mariners.

‘‘His ability to beat people, dribble with the ball and create some opportunities was really good. If he can add some goal-scoring to that as well, it would be handy.’’

A two-time winner of the Jets youth team player of the year, Hoole made his A-League debut last season at right back and has started in 10 of his 12 games this campaign.

His introduction for Brillante at half-time against the Mariners forced a reshuffle and allowed skipper Ruben Zadkovich to shift from right midfield to his preferred role in the centre of midfield.

Zadkovich's likely return to a central role, combined with the availability of Ben Kantarovski, who missed the Mariners game due to suspension and a minor knee injury, will pose a selection dilemma.

The defeat to the Mariners, the fourth in the past five A-League games, dropped the Jets to eighth and in desperate need of a win at Hunter Stadium on Saturday to stay in touch with the top six.

Although yet to fully analyse the performance, Deans said they would most likely continue with the new formation.

"It is not a great difference to previously," he said.

"It was just asking Tags to stay a little closer to Emile.

"It is about getting the balance right. How much time he spends near Emile and how much time he spends in the midfield being apart of the build-up.

"It is the little things we need to get right.

"They scored two pretty good goals.

"We could have applied a little more pressure on the ball to prevent the two shots but defensively we didn't do too bad."

Deans admitted the sacking of Gary van Egmond had been difficult but said everyone was focused on the job ahead.

"It's always difficult when you have a change in coach," he said.

"It effects people in different ways.

"Every coach that comes in has their own spin on things.

"Clayton had a few things he would like to see changed.

"That doesn't always happen overnight.

"The quicker that happens the better. There are no excuses from here on in. Whatever the tactics are and whoever is chosen to play, needs to do a job."

Deans is also adjusting to the new coaching structure but was confident of a successful working partnership.

"It is not nice to see people lose their job, whether that is at your club or another club," he said. "The club have explained the reasoning behind everything, and how it is all working.

"I'm happy with the role I have. It has been explained to me why I am in that role.

"I'm comfortable with that, and want to makes sure I support Clayton as much as I can, as I have Gary and Branko [Culina] previously to him. For me, it is about the team and making sure we are successful."

So by this statement Deans if you really mean that I take it we will be finally seeing Kale get his chance after his hat trick and Crotch Level performance last weekend???

joel31
28-01-2014, 06:49 PM
So by this statement Deans if you really mean that I take it we will be finally seeing Kale get his chance after his hat trick and Crotch Level performance last weekend???
On the converse does that mean players will be punished for crap performances

Pico
29-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Derby disaster against Central Coast Mariners may impact Newcastle Jets' hip pocket

Barry Toohey
The Daily Telegraph
January 28, 2014 11:00PM

NEWCASTLE Jets' 3-0 drubbing at the hands of arch-rival Central Coast may prove more costly than just their tumble down the premiership ladder - it could also indirectly hit the club hard in the hip pocket.

Heading into their biggest home game of the season against the Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday night, Jets officials described ticket sales as "sluggish" with supporters left reeling from the F3 derby disaster.

"Yeah, it's been a bit slow and the last thing we want is to be outnumbered by Wanderers supporters on our home ground," Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said.

"But we have great support and I'm confident our fans will respond and come out in force for the game because it's such a crucial clash for Clayton (coach Zane) and the boys from a finals perspective."

If the buzz is missing among Newcastle supporters right now, one player who could have reignited things is striker Joel Griffiths.

But the former A-League Golden Boot winner remains at long odds to play because of an ongoing dispute with his former Chinese club Qingdao Jonoon.

Griffiths signed with the Jets for the rest of the season more than a fortnight ago but is yet to lace on a boot with Qingdao refusing to grant him a release because of a dispute over the financial terms of his termination.

Jets management have been working around the clock with Griffiths, the Players Association and the FFA in a bid to reach a settlement but were not confident on Tuesday it will be done in time for the Wanderers clash.

"We've had a lot of inquiries from our members and the media today about where Joel stands but at this stage, all I can say is it's an ongoing process and we are doing everything we can to expedite things,"Middleby said.

"But it appears unlikely we'll have him available for the Wanderers."

Security, meanwhile, will be beefed up considerably at Hunter Stadium with a significant police presence anticipated to combat potential anti-social behaviour.

I have a dream, a dream for the jets to one day have competent management... actually I think I'd just be happy to have con's crew back at this point.

joel31
29-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Most of the people that buy tickets / attend games are members so it won't make a massive difference financially

militiamon
29-01-2014, 10:38 AM
I have a dream, a dream for the jets to one day have competent management... actually I think I'd just be happy to have con's crew back at this point.

Why on earth would Middleby make these comments?

"Yeah, it's been a bit slow and the last thing we want is to be outnumbered by Wanderers supporters on our home ground," Jets CEO Robbie Middleby said.

Given that we have over 10,000 members and last time the Wanderers only brought up 2,000 - 3,000 fans, there's absolutely no chance of being outnumbered regardless of ticket sales. Why would you embarrass the club by saying this?

jim wallis
29-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Why on earth would Middleby make these comments?
Given that we have over 10,000 members and last time the Wanderers only brought up 2,000 - 3,000 fans, there's absolutely no chance of being outnumbered regardless of ticket sales. Why would you embarrass the club by saying this?

We'll be out sung cause 9/10 of newcastle are too cool/lame to make a noise. If it wasnt for a thining bay 2 it might as well be a knights crowd. unk unk unk

selassie
29-01-2014, 04:40 PM
if the people staying away don't care enough to go, they obviously won't care if we get outnumbered.

Thomas477
29-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Honestly, after seeing that shambolic performance last week, I'm questioning if I'm going to go.

I don't see the point of attending just to watch 11 guys act as though they don't give a shit.

Tommyjet
29-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Got a wedding to attend so kinda happy to have that excuse

Jeterpool
29-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Sticking by them no matter what.

russjaybee
30-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I'll be there, whether I watch much of the game or not is another question...

halo se7en
30-01-2014, 08:00 PM
I'll defo be there. Annoyed that I couldn't go last week, regardless of the horrid result. You're either a Jets fan or you aren't.

MFKS
30-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I'll defo be there. Annoyed that I couldn't go last week, regardless of the horrid result. You're either a Jets fan or you aren't.

With the recent confirmation of Griffos return are the blokes who were happy to be missing this game/reluctant to go had a change of heart or necking themselves ???

GazFish35
30-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Mismanagement of knucklehead crowd movement probably had more impact on slow sales than last weeks result.
That and the bullshit with Joel.

la bazzle
30-01-2014, 10:48 PM
With the recent confirmation of Griffos return are the blokes who were happy to be missing this game/reluctant to go had a change of heart or necking themselves ???

Close to necking, havent worked hard to change the shift, now its panic stations

lquiquer
30-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Close to necking, havent worked hard to change the shift, now its panic stations

Can I hear you cough la bazzle?..... Yes member u r coughing

Grimario
30-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Defo won't be there but I hope my mate and his wife make good use of my seats :(

la bazzle
30-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Can I hear you cough la bazzle?..... Yes member u r coughing

Funnily enough I get my sick leave back on saturday of all days

&1gest
31-01-2014, 12:46 PM
from twitter:
James Gardiner ‏@JamesGardiner42 (https://twitter.com/JamesGardiner42)43m (https://twitter.com/JamesGardiner42/status/429041335039823873)
Bad news for Ben Kantarovski. Needs arthroscope on troublesome right knee out 4-6 wks.

russjaybee
31-01-2014, 01:58 PM
4-6 weeks? He'll never play again.

Premy
31-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Poor bloke can't get a break. Call me crazy but I think if he could get 2 solid seasons without a injury he would be I for a look with the national side. Hope him comes back stronger and better, wish for a speedy recovery cause we need him back ASAP.

Tommyjet
31-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Poor bloke can't get a break. Call me crazy but I think if he could get 2 solid seasons without a injury he would be I for a look with the national side. Hope him comes back stronger and better, wish for a speedy recovery cause we need him back ASAP.

I agree, he has all the ingredients to be that dm/screener and when he is missing this season and last we have had a far inferior midfield to most teams

parksey
31-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Devo

The Dunster
31-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I wonder if GVE playing Kanta so often when he was still a kid has led to this run of injuries. That aside we are a far better side when he's on the field and I can't say I'm optimistic about the next 4-6 weeks .

militiamon
31-01-2014, 06:36 PM
I may be stealing q-man's thunder here, but who would have thought before the start of the season that losing Kanta and Neville would have such an impact on the team.

MFKS
31-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I may be stealing q-man's thunder here, but who would have thought before the start of the season that losing Kanta and Neville would have such an impact on the team.

Your not stealing his thunder at all.

Q Man is still ignoring the most important part of all this

We are Shit

Kanta and Neville's form is only papering over the otherwise glaring holes that are the facade that we are a decent side

furns
31-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Your not stealing his thunder at all.

Q Man is still ignoring the most important part of all this

We are Shit

Kanta and Neville's form is only papering over the otherwise glaring holes that are the facade that we are a decent sidewait wat?

qman has done nothing but remind us we are shit mate - its why we love him.

sanchez
01-02-2014, 02:10 AM
Unless there is an article saying Griff is starting tomorrow I don't want to hear any other news...

De-Champ
01-02-2014, 08:20 AM
wait wat?

qman has done nothing but remind us we are shit mate - its why we love him.

Speak for yourself

GazFish35
01-02-2014, 09:08 AM
I wonder if GVE playing Kanta so often when he was still a kid has led to this run of injuries. That aside we are a far better side when he's on the field and I can't say I'm optimistic about the next 4-6 weeks .

Probably more to do with the shit surface.
Ed would concur

q-money
01-02-2014, 10:21 AM
lol we are so shit

holmesy
02-02-2014, 09:27 AM
The Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets have signed Socceroo David Carney for the remainder of the 2013/14 Hyundai A-League season.

Carney joins the Jets after most recently playing for New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer (MLS) in the United States.

The versatile 30-year-old, who has been capped 48 times for the Australian national team, said he was excited to be returning to the Hyundai A-League to play with the Jets.

“I’m very happy to have signed with Newcastle and I’m really looking forward to getting out on the pitch and playing some games,” Carney said.

“I’ve got a lot of hunger to do well for this Club and my main focus is to work hard and make a positive impact.

“I’ve had a little bit of a break since the MLS playoffs finished and now I’m ready to get back into it, help the team finish the season strongly and hopefully qualify for the finals.”

Carney last played in the Hyundai A-League for Sydney FC, making 38 appearances for the Sky Blues and scoring seven goals.

The Macarthur Rams junior then had stints in England with Sheffield United and Norwich City, before switching to Dutch side FC Twente, whom he won the Eredivisie title with in 2009/10.

Carney returned to England for the 2010/11 season, making 11 appearances for English Premier League outfit Blackpool.

Stints at Spanish second-division club AD Alcorcon and Uzbekistan’s Bunyodkor followed, before Carney linked-up with fellow Socceroo Tim Cahill in New York.

Newcastle’s interim head coach Clayton Zane said the signing of Carney was a fantastic addition to Jets’ squad.

“We’re very pleased to have signed a player of David’s calibre,” Zane said.

“He’s played at the highest level for Club and country and he’ll bring a wealth of experience and leadership to the team.

“You’re always looking for natural lefties and David’s a versatile footballer who can play anywhere down the left flank, which is great for the balance of squad.”

Carney will commence training with his Newcastle teammates at Ray Watt Oval on Tuesday morning. And he signs.

Thomas477
02-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Do we have his ITC?

02-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Do we have his ITC?

Nope so no doubt the Jets are already flogg'n Carney shirts.

furns
02-02-2014, 02:58 PM
no I dont think an ITC is needed as he is a free agent. NYRB contract was over, however worst case is the MLS sends an ITC through. As there is no contract dispute or anything I cant imagine there being any issues.

GazFish35
02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
No issues, except his ball watching.

MFKS
02-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Any ideas on his levels of fitness??

Not knocking the signing of Griffo but it is a shame we are still waiting on him to get fitness levels up to a level needed to play 90 mins in the HAL

Carney's lay off from the MLS concerns me as to what his fitness may be.

It is good the club are bringing players in at this time of season but we really need to be signing blokes who can actually play 90 mins NOW not in a few weeks time

militiamon
02-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Agreed.

I don't understand why he has only been signed until the end of the season. I'm assuming it will take about a month to reach full fitness, by which time there will only be a month or so left to play.
Maybe it is because they want to give the new coach freedom to build their own team, but I hope the club has at least worked on a new contract for next season.

halo se7en
02-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Agreed.

I don't understand why he has only been signed until the end of the season. I'm assuming it will take about a month to reach full fitness, by which time there will only be a month or so left to play.
Maybe it is because they want to give the new coach freedom to build their own team, but I hope the club has at least worked on a new contract for next season.

Maybe it was the rest of this season or he wouldn't sign - might not have been our doing? At least if he finds some form, we'll kind of have first dibs when it comes to him signing a new contract. I don't see any disadvantage to the Jets in this instance, or with Griffo. The club has already plummeted down the table, so they can't really make it worse.

MFKS
02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Agreed.

With Carneys track record of not actually playing much club football giving him a long term deal would be foolish. To give HSG credit the end of the season is plenty. My main concern is his fitness. To me he needs to be at a level to be able to play next weekend and get through at least 70 mins minimum. Otherwise we will have 2 blokes on the bench who are building fitness (Griffs suspension pending) and another bloke in Bridges who isn't good for long spells either

militiamon
02-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Fair points halo and MFKS.

As I said in the other thread, I do really rate this signing. If him and Goodwin can form some kind of partnership on the left, oh boyyyy....

MFKS
02-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Fair points halo and MFKS.

As I said in the other thread, I do really rate this signing. If him and Goodwin can form some kind of partnership on the left, oh boyyyy....

Didn't he play right mid/wing for Smurfs back in the day??? May be that may be an option also

Premy
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Carney to use his NYRB contacts to get Timmy next season. :fap:
One can only dream.

furns
02-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I didnt know that Carney and Verschelden knew each other.....

Premy
02-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Timmy V in behind Griffo and Tagz geez that would be a sight for sore eyes.
No offence Timmy.

Jeterpool
03-02-2014, 08:25 AM
I think the Carney signing can be a very astute one.

I am assuming that he is in for Mitch Cooper on an injury contract?

belchardo
05-02-2014, 09:17 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/04/a-league-tactics-newcastle-jets-midfield-conundrum

good article on the jets tactics from last weekend. too long to repost here, plus too lazy to reformat it myself :D

seldom
05-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Good read....Cheers

MFKS
05-02-2014, 08:47 PM
A MAJOR football centre proposed for Speers Point could be built before the end of the year, the deputy premier believes.

Deputy premier Andrew Stoner announced a lease to create 10 five-a-side synthetic courts and two international-size synthetic football fields at Speers Point Park during a visit to the Hunter today.

The lease will give Northern NSW Football long-term control of the Crown Land site, Mr Stoner said.

The $11.3 million proposal is a partnership between Lake Macquarie City Council, the state government, Northern NSW Football and Macquarie Football.

It gained council approval late last year and is earmarked as a potential training ground for Asian Cup sides next year.

Construction is due to begin in the next few weeks, a council spokeswoman said,

According to the deputy premier, the centre could be operating by the start of the International Children’s Games in December.

‘‘I’m told that it’s right to go within about nine months,’’ he said today.

‘‘I’m sure [the centre] will contribute to the development of future champions who will compete on the world stage.’’

Northern NSW Football chairman Bill Walker said the fields would make the Hunter a gathering point for the state’s football faithful.

‘‘It’s not only for the Hunter region, it’s for the 50,000 players who are registered with us,’’ Mr Walker said.

I wonder if PV4 will relocate his 5 a side activities here once built or continue patronising the Gypos??

MFKS
06-02-2014, 08:08 AM
FOOTBALL Federation Australia officials hit back yesterday at what they labelled ‘‘unwarranted criticism’’ from the Newcastle Jets after the suspension of Joel Griffiths.

Griffiths was banned for two games on Monday for verbally abusing referee Ben Williams after the full-time siren in Saturday’s 2-all draw with Wanderers at Hunter Stadium.

See your ad here

Jets officials decided on Tuesday not to appeal against the penalty and ordered Griffiths to have counselling at his own expense.

But chief executive Robbie Middleby was quoted in a newspaper report yesterday complaining about the judicial process, asking: ‘‘Why are clubs denied the right to make submissions on their player’s behalf prior to the [match review panel] making their recommendation for a suspension?

“And how can the [match review panel] be truly independent in this case when they have two ex-referees on their three-man panel and the only evidence they are considering is the referee’s report?”

The report said Middleby had been told there was no avenue available for Griffiths to argue his case and the FFA had knocked back a request from the Jets to arrange a different panel.

“We just believe the whole process could be a lot better and less regimented, and it’s something the FFA should at least investigate,” Middleby was quoted as saying.

In a media statement issued yesterday, the FFA reaffirmed its commitment to the match review panel system and defended the integrity of panellists after ‘‘unwarranted criticism by the Newcastle Jets’’.

“The MRP system is designed to strike a fair, sensible and proportionate balance between the demands of running a professional competition and providing clubs and players with an opportunity to be heard,” A-League boss Damien de Bohun said.

“The Hyundai A-League is one of the few leagues in which a red card can be overturned and an automatic suspension waived under the obvious-error provision.”

FFA said the match-review panel comprised one former FIFA referee, one former Socceroo who played professionally in Australia and abroad and one member who was a national league player before becoming a referee.

“The MRP is ideally composed of people with a range of football experiences who work independent of FFA,” de Bohun said.

“Any assumption as to how individual members approach cases based on whether they are a former referee, former player or a former player/referee is uninformed and has no foundation in fact.

“A club has no knowledge of the deliberation of individual panel members, nor should they because it’s an independent review that produces a collective outcome.”

For the ‘‘purpose of clarity’’, the FFA media release addressed issues the Jets raised in a five-point list.

The statement noted:

■ The match review panel ‘‘is not a judicial body’’ and ‘‘does not impose or hand down suspensions’’ but merely proposes sanctions.

■ The panel ‘‘does not rely solely on the referee’s report’’ but also reviews all available TV footage.

■ Every player ‘‘always has the right to a hearing at which he can make a submission. A player is not denied natural justice. He can choose to accept the MRP proposal or reject it and have a full hearing with legal representation before a judicial body chaired by a Senior Counsel’’.

■ In the instance that a player elects to have a full hearing before the judicial body, any decision is made ‘‘from scratch after seeing and hearing all the evidence’’.

■ Griffiths and the Jets ‘‘chose not to take this course. The club has accepted the player was at fault and in fact has decided to impose its own additional sanction’’.

■ FFA ‘‘categorically denied’’ a statement on the Jets website that said: “FFA advised [the Jets] that it was highly likely the penalty would be increased at a hearing”. Instead, Jets officials were ‘‘correctly advised that at a hearing the disciplinary committee decides any additional sanction itself and in doing so may take into account a player’s prior disciplinary record’’.

In a final broadside, FFA said the A-League disciplinary system had undergone major reviews in 2008 and 2011 and minor adjustments each year and ‘‘all clubs and the Professional Footballers Association’’ were asked for input.

‘‘In the past two seasons, the post-season review has attracted a total of four submissions from three clubs across the two years,’’ it said.

‘‘FFA will conduct its annual review at the conclusion of the 2013-14 season.’’

Middleby did not reply when offered the chance to respond to the FFA statement.

A-League referees boss Ben Wilson travelled to Newcastle yesterday to discuss any concerns the club had relating to the performance of Williams on Saturday night.

Jets striker Adam Taggart said yesterday that Griffiths was remorseful about the dramatic end to his first game since leaving the club five years ago to play in China.

‘‘He’s disappointed and he’s obviously apologised,’’ he said. ‘‘Look, we’re all emotional in the game. We were all probably thinking the same thing. I didn’t even know what was going on at the time and Joel wears his heart on his sleeve, so I think he was just emotional. Everyone gets emotional, and sometimes you just can’t control yourself, I guess.’’

How these pricks can say the MRP process isn't ****ing flawed is beyond me.

There is no right of appeal without suffering a greater fate.

The fact they sent the referees boss up to see the club says to me the **** ****ed up. Hopefully we slipped him the paper bag to get some decisions this weekend

redwah
06-02-2014, 03:16 PM
There is no right of appeal without suffering a greater fate.

Isn't this the same as any judicial process. If your are found guilty of a crime and sentenced but don't agree with that sentence appeal it, the right to appeal doesn't guarantee that you will get off. It all depends on how good your argument is.

MFKS
06-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Issue is the way the MRP works is they are a law unto themselves. The punishment is set and if you want to argue it you are getting longer.

The whole system stops you arguing your case as the rewards are not there as the odds are stacked against you.

Take Tiago Calvano's suspension for the manhandling of a ref. FFS?? All those weeks for that??

They had a case to argue the penalty was excessive but were never gonna be allowed to win so choose to accept it.

The whole system is wrong wrong wrong

Jeterpool
06-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Issue is the way the MRP works is they are a law unto themselves. The punishment is set and if you want to argue it you are getting longer.

The whole system stops you arguing your case as the rewards are not there as the odds are stacked against you.

Take Tiago Calvano's suspension for the manhandling of a ref. FFS?? All those weeks for that??

They had a case to argue the penalty was excessive but were never gonna be allowed to win so choose to accept it.

The whole system is wrong wrong wrong

This is probably where league handle it well, where the Match Review Committee sites the player and they come and argue their case BEFORE the ruling is handed down.

MFKS
06-02-2014, 03:46 PM
This is probably where league handle it well, where the Match Review Committee sites the player and they come and argue their case BEFORE the ruling is handed down.

League isn't much better. They have a grading system and most of the time it is in the players interests to take a Guilty plea as they avoid suspension where fighting it could risk a week on the sidelines regardless of any mitigating circumstances.

Moral is if they want to argue their case they NEED to be ALLOWED to with out a system in place to DISCOURAGE them from doing so.

Basically the whole system is designed to SHUT THEM UP FROM COMPLAINING

Jeterpool
06-02-2014, 03:59 PM
League isn't much better. They have a grading system and most of the time it is in the players interests to take a Guilty plea as they avoid suspension where fighting it could risk a week on the sidelines regardless of any mitigating circumstances.

Moral is if they want to argue their case they NEED to be ALLOWED to with out a system in place to DISCOURAGE them from doing so.

Basically the whole system is designed to SHUT THEM UP FROM COMPLAINING

Don't like the grading system, meant more generally the process of being cited and then appearing before to argue.

Jetmaster
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Don't like the grading system, meant more generally the process of being cited and then appearing before to argue.

Who remembers Jim Comans - Griff woulda got 18 months !

plague
06-02-2014, 05:08 PM
What's the club going to appeal?
Isn't everyone in agreement of what was said and who said it?
What's the grounds for appeal?
I thought it was pretty straight forward.

Good idea questioning their integrity though Middleby, can't wait to see the next Jets bloke up for suspension. Probs get life.

redwah
06-02-2014, 06:35 PM
What's the club going to appeal?
Isn't everyone in agreement of what was said and who said it?
What's the grounds for appeal?
I thought it was pretty straight forward.

That's it really...what is there argument going to be...
Jets: "he didn't hear the full time whistle"
MRP: "can't see that in the rule book"
Jets: "heat of the moment"
MRP: "can't see that in the rule book"
Jets: "he's been in China for 5yrs and forgot English"
MRP: "same rule in china"
Jets: "ah come on we'll be your friend"
MRP: "extra week for wasting our time...learn the rules"
End of...

joel31
06-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Jets: "he's been in China for 5yrs and forgot English"
he should have said it in Chinese

GazFish35
06-02-2014, 08:13 PM
"He told the truth"

seldom
06-02-2014, 10:12 PM
most refs are shite but you cant have players abusing and manhandling them

青岛中能
06-02-2014, 11:26 PM
he should have said it in Chinese

我不会说英语

The Dunster
07-02-2014, 12:29 AM
I'd have been more disappointed if Griffo had said nothing to Williams.
If people can't accept Griffo as he is they have a problem not him.
In a world where people are politically correct arse lickers it's refreshing to have someone like Griffo tell it like it is.

Hail Griff.

redwah
07-02-2014, 08:28 AM
I'd have been more disappointed if Griffo had said nothing to Williams.
If people can't accept Griffo as he is they have a problem not him.
In a world where people are politically correct arse lickers it's refreshing to have someone like Griffo tell it like it is.

Hail Griff.

I accept him how he is and I've served a suspension or two for some similar outbursts but I didn't get paid to play so missing multiple weeks wasn't a waste of what little money the club has. I want him on the park, not watching from the grandstand count his cash.

russjaybee
07-02-2014, 11:24 AM
redwah wont last long here, too logical.

MFKS
07-02-2014, 03:28 PM
most refs are shite but you cant have players abusing and manhandling them

Where did he man handle the ref??

What was said is the issue here. Was it worthy of 2 weeks??

Hope to see the same consistency from the officials on the other 9 HAL teams yet know we won't

Griffo has been victimised

Bon
07-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Where did he man handle the ref??

What was said is the issue here. Was it worthy of 2 weeks??

Hope to see the same consistency from the officials on the other 9 HAL teams yet know we won't

Griffo has been victimised

If its all about what was said, then shouldnt Kevin Muscat be sitting in the stands after a minute of every single game??
Look at teams like Man U (yes, I know its a bit different in the Premier League), but every decision against them and you have 8 blokes surrounding the ref calling him every swearword under the sun..

lquiquer
08-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Heart - Perth in Albury!!!???.. in February / 3pm / 42 degrees!!!.. Gallas to wear his Germany06 cap during the game / a dozen drink breaks....... FFA out

militiamon
08-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Tony S has given them a full broadside too.

An enraged Tony Sage has called for Sunday's clash between Perth Glory and Melbourne Heart in Albury to be called off with temperatures in the NSW border town forecast to hit 42 degrees.

Glory's outspoken owner said the 3pm (AEDT) fixture would place player's "lives at risk" and was in danger of breaching FFA's own Wet Bulb Globe Temperature index – the system it has adopted to determine whether it is safe to proceed with matches as the mercury peaks.

Turning the blowtorch on Football Federation Australia over what he labelled a "ludicrous and ridiculous" decision to schedule an afternoon kick-off "in a stadium in the middle of nowhere", Sage declared: "God knows why this game was arranged in the first place … it should not go ahead to protect the players and match officials.

"Will it take somebody to die on the field for FFA to act? Going over there is an absolute nightmare for us and the game makes no sense whatsoever.

"I can see a situation where FFA will be forced to postpone it, which is right. But what would that then say about the league?

"I am staggered as to who in their right mind would come up with the idea of playing a game there? Not only that, the same person then picked us to fly across the country to be a part of it.

"If it had to go ahead then it should be have been scheduled for a 7pm kick off and FFA should have a chosen a team located in the east of the country to provide the opposition.

"Everybody knows it's incredibly hot in Albury (situated on the NSW-Victoria border) at this time of year, so why go there?

"I am sure nobody will turn up to watch it – and even if they do they will be huddled into a tiny stand that holds 1500 people."

The A-League is set to institute its heat policy for the match, which will mean a drinks break in each half.

Glory was involved in a spat with FFA after its 1-1 draw against Adelaide United in November, claiming the 32 degree heat at the 2.30pm kick-off time put players' welfare in peril, with several suffering vomiting, headaches, sunburn and excessive weight loss after the encounter.

FFA insisted the game was played in conditions that were "acceptable", according to its Wet Bulb Globe Temperature gauge.

"FFA follows a heat policy that was developed and implemented by the FFA Head of Medical Services, Dr Jeff Steinweg and which is consistent with the American College of Sports Medicine's Position Statement," Head of A-League Damien de Bohun said at the time.

"This policy is guided by the Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) which takes into account the air temperature, humidity, wind, and radiation to provide a more accurate indicator of the risk of heat related injuries."

But Sage insisted: "I suspect conditions on Sunday will be unplayable, even under the WBGT guidelines. If FFA don't cancel it then it will be on their heads if a referee or any players succumb to heat exhaustion. The fixture really is an absolute joke."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1180818/Sage-turns-up-heat-on-FFA-over-Albury-clash

Jetmaster
08-02-2014, 03:14 PM
We played Nux in 45 degrees, pussies....

And we still lost !

Thomas477
08-02-2014, 07:16 PM
The first game was Perth's own damn fault because their stadium wasn't ready in time.

sh10
08-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Tony Sage does a good impersonation of a raging looney

but he has a very valid point

Pico
10-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Meanwhile the club is likely to speed up the introduction of covered benches for the coaching staff and substitutes, after Farina had a beer thrown over him by a disgruntled supporter.

Like all clubs, the Sky Blues have been allowed to put European-style covered benches in place but chose not to as it would block the eyeline of several rows of seating.

But several coaches have privately voiced the fear that something rather more dangerous than VB could be thrown, with security unable to prevent Farina’s showering on Saturday.

at least our fans only hurl abuse, bunnings must be shaking in their boots with the news clubs can actually have benches now, not that any have opted for it yet.

Pico
10-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Zane demands more desire from Jets
By ROBERT DILLON

JETS coach Clayton Zane said hard work and hunger were Newcastle’s only hope of salvaging their season after yesterday’s costly 3-2 loss to Wellington at Hunter Stadium.
The Jets slipped further off the pace and, with nine games left, are under mounting pressure to stay within striking distance of the top six.
Winless since they upset leaders Brisbane on December 20, Newcastle have now taken only two points in their past seven outings.
In doing so they have slipped from the top four to second last, dropping three points behind in-form Wellington, who climbed to sixth.
Even last-placed Melbourne Heart, who continued their resurgence with a 2-1 win over Perth yesterday, are only five points back and closing fast on the Jets.
Zane was disappointed that his team were ‘‘so slow out of the blocks’’ against the Phoenix, who had three clear scoring chances in the first two minutes of play.
He admitted team changes were likely for Sunday’s clash with the Roar in Brisbane.
Andrew Hoole will be suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card yesterday, while Nick Ward limped off with a knee injury.
Marquee striker Emile Heskey appears certain to return from a back strain and Zane admitted other selection switches might be needed to spark a struggling team.
‘‘There will be a couple of forced changes, but I’m definitely going to explore the possibility of making some larger changes, just because we need hungry players out there now,’’ Zane said.
‘‘That’s the bare minimum. It’s not about who’s the best striker of the ball, who’s the cleverest in the final third.
‘‘Now we need to have the mentality of the three teams we’ve played in the last three weeks: Central Coast, West Sydney and now Phoenix.’’
Zane, still searching for his first win since replacing the sacked Gary van Egmond three weeks ago, said it was important the Jets stayed positive and did not panic.
‘‘I need to manage the situation carefully,’’ he said.
‘‘I need to make sure that my players have belief, but at the same time we as a group, staff included, need to understand that the only thing that’s going to get us out of this is hard work. If any of the team want to be involved in the finals fixtures, as I said, that’s the minimum required.’’
The Jets have scored four times in their past two games, including three top-shelf finishes, but their defence has become shaky.
Eleven of the 25 goals they have conceded this season have come in their past four games, a statistic that does not augur well for Sunday’s trip to Suncorp Stadium to face the competition’s most potent attacking team.
The portents were ominous from the opening minutes yesterday that the crowd of 10,406 were going to witness goals, and plenty of them.
Wellington’s first shot on target came after only 10seconds and, in the third minute, Belgian striker Stein Huysegems missed a half-volley from point-blank range.
Newcastle’s sloppiness in their own territory cost them dearly in the 21st minute when they lost possession then allowed Carlos Hernandez room to bury a low shot from just outside the box.
Five minutes later, the home side were back on equal terms when midfielder Zenon Caravella laid off for winger Craig Goodwin, who fired a left-foot missile past Phoenix keeper Glenn Moss.
The Jets committed suicide again in the 33rd minute when they lost the ball deep in their own half before Hernandez found Huysegems, who controlled the ball with his first touch then placed a shot past a despairing Mark Birighitti inside the right-hand post.
Wellington took their 2-1 lead into the half-time break, but parity was restored a minute after the resumption when Goodwin, after dribbling the ball into the box, produced a cracking right-foot shot to score his second goal of the match after failing to find the net in 26 games.
‘‘Hopefully that can kick-start the back end of his season, because everyone knows the talent that the boy’s got,’’ Zane said of Goodwin.
‘‘For his confidence, I’m very happy, because he really gave their right back a torrid time tonight.’’
Phoenix substitute Jason Hicks scored a glorious winner in the 71st minute when he beat a man then curled a left-foot shot past Birighitti from 20 metres.
Ward lasted only 24 minutes and was replaced by rarely sighted striker Joey Gibbs.
www.theherald.com.au/story/2076851/zane-demands-more-desire-from-jets/?cs=306

Unfortunately we are going to need more than desire. Lets have a look at some of these youth team players surely they can't be worse then Caravella, Bridges & Gallaway.

pv4
10-02-2014, 10:02 AM
It’s not about who’s the best striker of the ball, who’s the cleverest in the final third

Nice way of saying Bridges won't be getting a run.

Has anyone pointed out yet that we've hired a former striker as manager, and a "current" striker in Bridges as assistant (and I'll disregard Deans because he doesn't fit my argument but has also been mediocre for years), and people are scratching their heads why our defence is bad?

GazFish35
10-02-2014, 10:44 AM
but we have a goalkeeper as goalkeeper coach.

BodyNovo
10-02-2014, 10:55 AM
imo the only way forward is for HSG to rid itself of the current coaching staff (bar ando)

i feel for zane but he is unfortunately washed in GVE's advice, coaching techniques, etc.

just put bridges in a corporate role like baartzys bar and let him look after that

deans FMD he has been there for 4 years now and everything he has been involved with has been poor, the youth team only started winning once pappas/zane took the role on.

give the job to Okon/Papas/Milicic and let them pick there staff, they should be signed immediately so that the players that are currently off contract can be decided by the coach who we keep.

joel31
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
About time he demanded desire and passion but this should have been done at the start. Its been lacking since 08.

Thomas477
10-02-2014, 06:21 PM
4 years of Middleby as CEO, 4 years of crap.

Common connection there.

Jetmaster
10-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Trouble at mill...Nicky and Thommo on the outer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/exclusive-sydney-fcs-crisis-deepens-as-frank-farina-banishes-nick-carle-and-matt-thompson/story-fnk6pqot-1226822863047

MFKS
10-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Trouble at mill...Nicky and Thommo on the outer.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/exclusive-sydney-fcs-crisis-deepens-as-frank-farina-banishes-nick-carle-and-matt-thompson/story-fnk6pqot-1226822863047

Not that i give two ****s about Smurfs but did what Carle say really cross the line??
He said he has been giving a role to play and is trying his best to do it.

Not exactly a ****ing crime to see a player not happy to not be playing in his preferred role

furns
10-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Bring Nicky home

lquiquer
10-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Not that i give two ****s about Smurfs but did what Carle say really cross the line??

Not exactly a ****ing crime to see a player not happy to not be playing in his preferred role

Totally agree ..... There must be much more going on in smurftown

lquiquer
10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Bring Nicky home

Not the same player as he used to be and he pissed me off when he said: could never play for an other club in the Aleague other than Jets then signed for FC...!!!!!

MFKS
10-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Not the same player as he used to be and he pissed me off when he said: could never play for an other club in the Aleague other than Jets then signed for FC...!!!!!

Bloke could still be quite useful at this level if motivated and someone actually got him fit. He looks like he is carrying 5-8kgs to me that he shouldn't be

Premy
10-02-2014, 11:59 PM
http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/football/exclusive-sydney-fcs-crisis-deepens-as-frank-farina-banishes-nick-carle-and-matt-thompson/story-fnk9a3dc-1226822863047

Thompson and Carle on the way out the door.

Thomas477
11-02-2014, 12:05 AM
**** Thompson and **** Carle.

Traitors.

la bazzle
11-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Agreed not Thomo. Massive jerk.....probs wouldn't mind Carle, better then our mob

MFKS
11-02-2014, 08:47 AM
FIREFIGHTERS and sports fans have blasted Melbourne Heart supporters who let off flares during Albury's A-League soccer match on a total fire ban day.

Twitter fans from across the nation labelled the supporters "idiots", "hooligans" and "morons" after they released two flares following each goal scored by Heart players.

Menawhile, Border firefighters who had been called to battle a major bushfire at Numurkah said the incident was just frustrating.

NSW Fire and Rescue duty commander Stewart Alexander said it was unbelievable to think fans could take such a thoughtless risk in the middle of a packed crowd.

"It's worrying, absolutely," he said.

"Those flares obviously produce a lot of heat and all it takes is one errant spark or flame to start a serious fire, especially in those conditions where we had high wind and low humidity.

"And aside from anything else, they were in a packed oval. They could have hurt someone."

Melbourne Heart and Perth Glory fans who had been following the match on Twitter initially thought it was funny until the fire dangers were pointed out by furious spectators.

A number of people called for police and security to "boot them out", while one fan was embarrassed that such an incident might tarnish the reputation of what had otherwise been a positive event for the Border.

Shepparton's Matthew Galea called for the culprits to "grow up".

"These morons letting off flares in Albury are amongst the dumbest individuals on the planet," he said.

Albury Police sergeant Caroline Epstein said police officers had searched Heart fans at the game and confiscated a number of flares.

Investigations will be made into which laws may have been broken under the total fire ban restrictions.

Not the sharpest tools in the shed are they??

Guerny
11-02-2014, 11:34 AM
**** Thompson and **** Carle.

Traitors.

I would take them both back... at least when they played for us they would both put in...
unlike our current crop of negative sooks.

G

joel31
11-02-2014, 11:53 AM
I would take them both back... at least when they played for us they would both put in...

G
We don't need Thompson but I'd take Carle as a No.10

Newieutd
11-02-2014, 11:55 AM

It was really less about what he said ...it was more the fact him and Thomo didnt like what Franky told them to do so they swpaped positions and did what they like

russjaybee
11-02-2014, 11:56 AM
I'd take Carle if he wasn't on big money. I think he could do a better job than most of the other blokes we tried in that position (Brown, Bridges, Ward etc).

Though I've seen some pretty lack-lustre displays by him for Sydney.

GazFish35
11-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Murray Fletcher.

bring him home.
currently in istanbul i believe.

Jeterpool
11-02-2014, 12:23 PM
We don't need Thompson but I'd take Carle as a No.10

I agree with this.

plague
11-02-2014, 12:38 PM

G

You obviously didn't see Razzlers last couple of games.
**** him.
**** Carle.

q-money
11-02-2014, 12:52 PM
the fletch is the only hope for newcastle

Jeterpool
11-02-2014, 04:03 PM
The players union says Sydney FC’s ban of Nick Carle and Matt Thompson is illegal

THE players union has come out fighting on behalf of sidelined Sydney FC duo Nick Carle and Matt Thompson, warning the club that its decision to exclude from first-team training is illegal under the A-League’s collective bargaining agreement.
The PFA issued a statement today threatening legal action if Sydney coach Frank Farina did not back down from his decision to force the pair to train “independently”.
It’s understood that Farina told the pair yesterday morning that they had little chance of figuring for Sydney again, though both players have privately denied making any “negative comments” about the club or the coach.
Under the CBA, players have to be guilty of a breach of the national code of conduct that all players sign up to, and they have to be given a right to reply. It’s understood both players say they have been given none of this due process, and the PFA is ready to fight it.
“ Following the club’s 3-0 loss to Adelaide United on the weekend, Carle and Thompson were informed by the club that they were to be excluded from first team training indefinitely,” the PFA said in a statement.
“Carle, a Sky Blues leadership group member, and Thompson, the A-League leading appearance holder, were accused of being ‘negative influences on the club’ and, without justification and any proper process, were sent home from yesterday morning’s training session and told to return in the afternoon to train with the National Youth League team.”
The PFA’s General Manager, Adam Vivian, went further, warning that the move had to be overturned immediately.
“We have a CBA that the clubs must comply with,” Vivian said. “The actions of Sydney FC in excluding Nick and Matt from training are not in accordance with the CBA. If the situation is not remedied within 24 hours, we will take the necessary legal steps.
“Unfortunately this is not the first time this season where the PFA has been forced to intervene in this type of situation. This calls into question the behaviour of some clubs and undermines acompetition that is based on respect for contracts and a commitment to player wellbeing.”
Sydney FC said they were preparing a statement in response.

Read more:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/the-players-union-says-sydney-fcs-ban-of-nick-carle-and-matt-thompson-is-illegal/story-fnk6pqot-1226823666045#ixzz2syyg11Bq

Nice of them to help Wehrman out

MFKS
11-02-2014, 04:24 PM
These the same clowns that also did very little to get Griffo cleared in what 3 weeks??

Parasites they are screwing the game over in this country.

Rorting the clubs of money they barely have so their members who are nothing more than hacks and never wases are well and truly overpaid substantially more than they are worthy of.

Jetmaster
11-02-2014, 05:29 PM
If you behave like a c*** to your boss you suffer the consequences.

F*** the union.

parksey
11-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Carle is still class. Bring him home.

Would take thommo back even though I kinda hate him now.

Jetmaster
14-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I wonder if anything will come of this...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/alessandro-del-piero-takes-lead-at-secret-sydney-fc-squad-crisis-meeting-20140213-32naz.html

They live in a different world down there and think they are the only ones to have this shit.

They won 5-0 a few weeks ago ffs !!

The Dunster
14-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Carle and Thommo did the wrong thing by ignoring the managers instructions.
The union are a disgrace if they try and justify their actions.

Premy
14-02-2014, 02:17 PM

So if you made a mistake at your work and your boss sent you home from work, then the next day told you you're no longer welcome to work with everyone else you'll be fine with that?

lquiquer
14-02-2014, 02:22 PM

Farina denied on radio this morning that both players were isolated because of ignoring his instructions. He said something else they did and he didn't like was the reason but would not say what it was

belchardo
14-02-2014, 04:49 PM
according to the home page, ben kennedy was either born or died on this day. I'm going with "died", so happy death day BK!

The Dunster
14-02-2014, 05:23 PM
So if you made a mistake at your work and your boss sent you home from work, then the next day told you you're no longer welcome to work with everyone else you'll be fine with that?

Big difference between making a mistake and blatantly ignoring instructions. Although, it appears now that is not the reason why they are in the shit.

Premy
14-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Big difference between making a mistake and blatantly ignoring instructions. Although, it appears now that is not the reason why they are in the shit.
As much as I sometimes disagree with the PFA they're a evil necessity. If you watched Thursday FC last night Zdrilla had a Interview with Brendan Schwab and it was rather interesting stuff. You don't want situation here like you do have in other countries where players go months with out payments (although that has happened)and player's get excluded from the playing group in a hope they seek a release/transfer (although that has happened). This is their profession they deserve the same rights all workers do and the professionalism the A-League shows its players will in the long run make it a greater option for Footballers to ply their trade.

14-02-2014, 07:29 PM
As much as I sometimes disagree with the PFA they're a evil necessity. If you watched Thursday FC last night Zdrilla had a Interview with Brendan Schwab and it was rather interesting stuff. You don't want situation here like you do have in other countries where players go months with out payments (although that has happened)and player's get excluded from the playing group in a hope they seek a release/transfer (although that has happened). This is their profession they deserve the same rights all workers do and the professionalism the A-League shows its players will in the long run make it a greater option for Footballers to ply their trade.

With the exception of our in bred Penrith by the seas gypo neighbours i agree with all you posted

plague
14-02-2014, 09:32 PM

I'm missing something.
What 'rights' are they being denied?
Related question (for all comers): are they still being paid?

sammydog
14-02-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm missing something.
What 'rights' are they being denied?
Related question (for all comers): are they still being paid?

Thats my though. Banished to train separate from the squad is still training and they are still being paid are they not. Ive seen plenty of people taken off projects over my career due to mistakes, but they still have a job, they still get paid and the union doesn't get involved.

They haven't been told to pack their bags and been sacked. Not really sure what the PFA has to do with whether a club is training its players wight he full squad or not.

Where was the PFA when this happened to Wehrman?

GazFish35
14-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Banishing players to train with lower level squads or on their own is seen as an unfair punishment as it restricts their development/progress or ability to maintain their own current fitness and skill level....... Which has implications for their long term employment opportunities.

It's to stop clubs banashing a player to the backwaters of the club, meaning they fall out of the shop window for other clubs.

It would be like mourinho making Juan Mata train with the Chelsea schoolboys, if it was don e long term eventually his ability to attract interest from clubs willing to give him first team football significantly reduced..... Hence why it's illegal in Europe..... Being illegal here may very well be a case of needing to be on par with working conditions for footballers so we can attract better players.

Where were they for the whereman case? Probably sorting some other shit at Sydney or Melbourne, or perhaps the reasons for kasey's banishment were not defendable.

halo se7en
14-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Restricts their development? Training with our full squad is probably what's ****ing with our players development.

And the PFA should step in now. Wearing a jets jersey is affecting long term employment opportunities for most of our young blokes

plague
14-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Banishing players to train with lower level squads or on their own is seen as an unfair punishment as it restricts their development/progress or ability to maintain their own current fitness and skill level....... Which has implications for their long term employment opportunities.

It's to stop clubs banashing a player to the backwaters of the club, meaning they fall out of the shop window for other clubs.

It would be like mourinho making Juan Mata train with the Chelsea schoolboys, if it was don e long term eventually his ability to attract interest from clubs willing to give him first team football significantly reduced..... Hence why it's illegal in Europe..... Being illegal here may very well be a case of needing to be on par with working conditions for footballers so we can attract better players.

Interesting I was not aware of that.
So in theory if Farina dropped those 2 due to 'form' and they trained with youth and didn't play it would be ok, but doing the same due to 'discipline' is not on?
(By the way I'm not arguing your point I'm asking a legit question).
Having said that though Mata was essentially frozen out at Chelsea yet it didn't stop Man U paying a club record for him. I think that clubs need to make money from transfers so letting good players rot seems a bit foolish for all parties. Good players will always get a gig somewhere.
If someone wanted Carle or Thompson Sydney would be getting offers, and would sell them both especially if they weren't in the coaches plans. A-League clubs can't afford to hold on to players out of spite.

GazFish35
15-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Agreed, but you can't have one award for good players and another award for squaddies.
The mata example was perhaps flawed in that everyone knows him..... The law is there to protect the average players at clubs..... If rukavytsa, mustafa amini, etc etc were punished for a personal disagreement and banished to train on their own they'd never get picked up by anyone else.

Bosman was nobody special, but we all know his name.

I suppose its akin to an employer not allowing staff to update mandatory training/skills, effectively making them unemployable by others (or at least an unattractive employee) when their contact expires.

Dropped to youth based on form is a decision based on performance of duties, not on personal issues with a boss.

plague
15-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Dropped to youth based on form is a decision based on performance of duties, not on personal issues with a boss.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Maybe Farinas only problem is the way he worded the reasons for dropping that pair (making them train alone aside of course).

The Bosman point was excellent too.

MFKS
15-02-2014, 01:54 AM
So out of this discussion what is really different about lets say the Jets Manager saying to one of his players say Gallaway your ****ing hopeless don't rate you and refuse to play him in the HAL let alone the Yoof or better yet just drop him to the Yoof team and regardless of how well he plays never pick him in the HAL again???

Is Gallaway being victimised and need the PFA to come in and tell the club to pick him???

I find the PFA's interference in this a ****ing joke. Farina is trying to set discipline in his club which is his prerogative and right as Smurfs Manager and the PFA have eroded it.

I suppose the PFA were also responsible for shit that seen Alistair Edwards get the arse at Glory when him and Burns had a blow up??

sammydog
15-02-2014, 09:35 AM

Where were they for the whereman case? Probably sorting some other shit at Sydney or Melbourne, or perhaps the reasons for kasey's banishment were not defendable.

You could achieve the same though by just never playing them again. Are the PFA going to step in on squad selections?

Pico
15-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Where was the PFA when this happened to Wehrman?

Sitting back respecting the fact the jets never broke the terms of the contracts they signed

‘‘I’m training with them 100 per cent all the time, doing all the right things and keeping fit,’’ he said. ‘‘I’m still paid by the club and I still have close ties with the players and the team.

www.theherald.com.au/story/442619/id-love-to-help-out-contrite-kasey-wehrman-available-for-jets-final-charge/

Pico
15-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Embrace the shit that is Hunter stadium!

No quick solution to problem pitch
By ROBERT DILLON
Feb. 14, 2014, 10 p.m.

HUNTER Sports Group has signed a long-term deal for the Newcastle Jets and Knights to continue playing at Hunter Stadium, but both teams face an indefinite wait for the pitch to be resurfaced.

Venues NSW announced yesterday a hiring agreement that will ensure the Knights and Jets are based at Turton Road until at least October 2020. But the contentious issue of the playing surface appears unlikely to be addressed any time soon.

As revealed in the Herald yesterday, the Hunter Stadium pitch has been rated the worst in the A-League for the third time in five years by away-team captains.

Given that it will be used as a venue for Asian Cup international games next year, Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said it was ‘‘imperative’’ that it was returfed before those fixtures are broadcast to millions of viewers overseas.

‘‘Resurfacing it is the only answer,’’ Middleby said.

A Venues NSW spokeswoman said yesterday that the turf was ‘‘periodically’’ replaced but added: ‘‘Will it be replaced in time for the Asian Cup? The answer is no.

‘‘It’s not on the schedule for before then.’’

The cost of resurfacing the entire playing field is estimated to be at least $1million.

In a statement, Venues NSW said the pitch at Hunter Stadium was maintained ‘‘at a professional level through daily maintenance and care’’.

It added that ‘‘in order to be selected as a competition venue for the Asian Cup, the stadium was subject to a rigorous assessment by the Asian Football Confederation’’.

Venues NSW said a much-publicised $400,000 dispute had been resolved before HSG signed the new hire agreement.

The wrangle dated back more than three years, to a motocross event that left the turf so badly damaged much of it needed to be replaced.

Hunter Venues, which managed the stadium on behalf of the NSW government, alleged the Knights were liable, but the then Knights administration argued Hunter Venues had rubber-stamped the motocross and sought legal advice to defend their position.

After HSG assumed ownership of the Knights, Venues NSW has continued to seek reimbursement.

The spokeswoman would not discuss terms of the settlement, citing ‘‘commercial in-confidence’’, but said ‘‘both parties are happy that a decision to share the costs has now been made and the matter is resolved’’.

‘‘Because they’re a commercial operation, we’re not going to go into the financial breakdown,’’ she said.

‘‘But there was payment from both sides to resolve the issue ... to answer your question of did the stadium absorb all the costs, the answer is no.

‘‘The Knights did pay.’’

HSG chief executive Troy Palmer said in a statement: “This agreement secures a quality venue for our members, fans and corporates and also highlights the opportunity for a major brand to come on board as a naming rights sponsor.

“I’m also pleased to have reached a resolution to finalise the long-running turf dispute between the previous Knights management and the stadium.”

www.theherald.com.au/story/2090165/no-quick-solution-to-problem-pitch/?cs=306

Would really love for the AFC to strip Newcastle of its games. That pitch is an embarrassment, and it is not fit for the group games nor the semi & 3rd v 4th of a confederation cup.

Whats the bet that Venues NSW has scheduled works for ANZ, can't have Sydney looking substandard for our Asian viewers & visitors now can we.

Calling BS on the $1m price too, probably at least twice that when the shit patch work effort was $400k.

Newcastle where your training ground is better & safer conditions then your tournament field.

GazFish35
15-02-2014, 10:28 AM
You could achieve the same though by just never playing them again. Are the PFA going to step in on squad selections?

Probably, if a player is never played and requests a release or to be transfer listed and the club refuses, but that's more about releases than selections.

Arsenal had about 16 leaches on the books not getting game time, but they never complained as they were on massive coin and just waited out their contracts.

I spose that's where the mata situation lies. If mourinho didn't let him go, I reckon he'd have case to argue that Chelsea where fauxking him over but not playing him at the same time as not letting him go.

I'd suggest its little more complicated here by the salary cap and sacking players is difficult, if mutual agreements can't be reached its a tough situation. I still think that in many cases the PFA are working to create a a set of awards for players in the aleague that make it attractive for players to come here with some level of certainties ago they won't be screwed over.

The PFA have done some good things, and some bad things....... I just wish they'd make public what happened in Tahiti.

lquiquer
15-02-2014, 10:29 AM
If they're not going to spend 1M to fix the turf then forget about all seated area at both ends. I recall RM at the forum mentioning that could change with the Asian Cup coming into town.....tut tut :violin:

Pico
15-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Captains rate Hunter Stadium pitch worst in A-League
By ROBERT DILLON
Feb. 13, 2014, 10:55 p.m.

HUNTER Venues general manager Bicci Henderson is surprised players have voted Hunter Stadium the worst pitch in the A-League and says it has been judged on ‘‘appearance’’ rather than how it plays.

Professional Footballers Australia surveys away-team captains every week to rate the A-League’s playing fields under the criteria of hardness, pace and smoothness by scoring each out of five, to produce an overall average.

According to the statistics provided to the Herald yesterday by PFA, Hunter Stadium received the lowest overall average, 2.97, while Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford scored the highest, 4.33.

The discontent with Turton Road was no anomaly.

Since PFA introduced pitch ratings five seasons ago, Newcastle’s turf has earned an unwanted reputation for being consistently poor.

In 2009-10 it was voted the worst surface, then 10th of 11 in 2010-11, last in 2011-12 and sixth of 10 last season.

The four pitches that were ranked below Newcastle last season, Bluetongue, Suncorp, Westpac and Allianz Stadiums, have all scored more highly this season, while Hunter Stadium’s average has declined from 3.38 to 2.97.

Henderson, who manages Hunter Stadium on behalf of the state government, said in a perfect world the pitch would be resurfaced.

But he insisted that ‘‘if you ask the players, the pitch plays true, always has’’.

‘‘A lot of it is often about the appearance,’’ Henderson said.

‘‘I’d like to talk to the captains about it because noone gets injured on our field.

‘‘It’s not the sort of field where people get constant injuries ... when the players kick the ball, it runs where they want it to run and it does all the right things.

‘‘It doesn’t hit divots and bounce up and down.

‘‘It’s just appearance wise. I think some of the visiting teams are a bit surprised by the raise of the ground, if you like. The ground is not flat. And most of them are used to playing on dead flat surfaces.’’

Given that Newcastle will host international matches next year as part of the Asian Cup tournament, resurfacing the clay-based playing arena is one option being considered.

‘‘We’re certainly looking at that, and there is a push to get that done,’’ Henderson.

Asked how much that would cost, he said it would probably be ‘‘a minimum’’ of $1million but declined to speculate on how that funding would be sourced.

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said he felt it was ‘‘imperative’’ the ground was returfed before the Asian Cup, which will showcase Newcastle to millions of TV viewers overseas.

‘‘We’ve spoken to Hunter Venues numerous times about it and they realise that with the Asian Cup coming up, the pitch needs to improve,’’ Middleby said yesterday.

‘‘It’s just the cost of that.

‘‘Resurfacing it is the only answer. It doesn’t matter how much water or this and that they put into it.

‘‘The groundsman has been doing a good job, considering what he has to work with.

‘‘But it needs a new surface and an underlay. That’s going to cost a lot of money, but it would be money well spent.’’

PFA general manager Adam Vivien said any pitch that consistently rated poorly with the players was ‘‘obviously a concern’’.

‘‘Why we’re concerned is that if the pitch is not of a good standard and not rated highly by the players, it becomes very difficult to put on the spectacle that the fans deserve,’’ Vivian said.

‘‘There is also the occupational health-and-safety issue as well from playing on pitches that are substandard.’’

Newcastle’s pitch was partially resurfaced, at short notice, before David Backham’s LA Galaxy team visited in November 2010, after it was damaged by a motocross event. The repairs left it with a patchy appearance, but it was in poor condition long before then.

In December 2009, when the playing surface was probably at its worst, Jets marquee player Fabio Vignaroli tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee changing direction and was forced to retire.

Eighteen months later, the pitch was still being criticised by PFA.

When Hunter Venues was created to manage the stadium in April 2011, then chief executive Mark Zundans declared: ‘‘We’ll be making a concerted effort to ensure that we have one of the premier pitches in Australia.’’

Despite minor improvement last season, it is again back at the bottom of the heap in the A-League.

With rain forecast, tonight’s Super Rugby clash between the NSW Waratahs and Otago Highlanders is unlikely to enhance the pitch’s state.

Meanwhile, the Jets named new signing David Carney in an 18-man squad yesterday for Sunday’s game against leaders Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.

Carney’s fitness will be assessed at a training session this morning.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2087808/captains-rate-hunter-stadium-pitch-worst-in-a-league/?cs=306

The first article on the pitch from the herald, seems hunter venues is talking out their arse too. Venues NSW is clearly showing they have never had any plans whatsoever. Hunter venues again showing how useless, inefficient and redundant they are. Not only have they mismanaged the stadium, whatever happened to the planned developments in the surrounding land as part of the sporting precinct master plan, nothing, same as the pitch & the hills.

Just scrap Hunter venues already its a glorified middleman, give the resources to the groundsman so he can try and work some black magic or maybe just get some spray paint, after all the players only judge it on how it looks right.

I know the usual excuses will be trotted out about limited budgets etc, but when an asset like the harbour is being sold and 65% of the proceeds are leaving the hunter thats a piss weak excuse, not that I'm saying that the stadium and sports precinct should be the highest priority of the hunters needs but it seems that even when newcastle has an asset that can generate funds for its needs, it is still majority shipped away, I guess thats just what we are good at.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/07/26/pasha27707_wideweb__470x235,0.jpg

q-money
15-02-2014, 10:48 AM
ебать Сидней

GazFish35
15-02-2014, 10:51 AM
I can remember turning up early to a united game when we first moved from Birmingham gardens and a tractor was spraying the grass green.

militiamon
15-02-2014, 02:02 PM
lol, 'sif our players like the pitch, 'sif there are no injuries.

I remember GVE telling us that it was horrible not because of poor maintenance (divots etc.), but because it was rock hard. He claimed that when opposition teams played here, more often than not 1 or 2 of their players would end up on the injury list next week due to playing on our pitch. Don't know exactly how true it is, but if the head coach of one of the teams that uses it for half the year is saying that, then there's obviously a bit more to it than its appearance.

GazFish35
15-02-2014, 03:27 PM
GVE isn't head coach anymore.

Where have you been?

The "rise" as they call it is not making AFC happy apparently.

MFKS
15-02-2014, 06:48 PM
England football great Tom Finney has died at the age of 91, his former club Preston North End said Friday.

"Preston North End have been informed of the extremely sad news of the passing of Sir Tom Finney," a statement on the English third tier club's website said.

"Sir Tom was the greatest player to ever play for Preston North End and one of the all-time greats for England.

"The thoughts of everyone at the club, and those connected with it, are with his family at this time.

Finney, a winger who could play in several positions across the forward line, was famously loyal to his hometown side in Lancashire, north-west England.

Finney made his debut for North End in 1946 and remained with the club until his retirement in 1960, scoring 210 goals in 473 appearances for the Lillywhites.

His England record was equally impressive, Finney scoring 30 goals in 76 matches for his country.

One of the most popular British sportsmen of his era, with fans and fellow players alike, Finney was nicknamed the 'Preston Plumber' after his father insisted he complete an apprenticeship at the family business he later ran alongside his football career.

Finney maintained his links with Preston throughout his life, serving as the president of a club whose Deepdale home is now located on Sir Tom Finney Way, with an image of their favourite son adorning the seats of what was the ground's West Stand but is now the Sir Tom Finney stand.

Stanley Matthews, the only English footballer ever to be knighted while still playing and arguably Finney's only rival as the greatest England player of their generation, once said: "To dictate the pace and course of a game, a player has to be blessed with awesome qualities.

"Those who have accomplished it on a regular basis can be counted on the fingers of one hand -- Pele, Maradona, Best, Di Stefano, and Tom Finney."

And Manchester United and England hero Bobby Charlton, a FIFA World Cup™ winner in 1966, said: "Sir Tom Finney was one of the greatest footballers there has ever been - he was the type of player that people would travel a long way to see."

Current Preston striker and England international Kevin Davies tweeted: "Tonight (Friday) we have lost a footballing Legend. A true gent and a loyal servant to his beloved PNE. RIP Sir Tom Finney".

Meanwhile former England striker and BBC Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker tweeted: "Sir Tom Finney has left us. One of the greatest players this country has ever seen, and a true gentleman."

The late Bill Shankly, the legendary Liverpool manager who played with Finney at Preston, once said: "Tom Finney would have been great in any team, in any match and in any age... even if he had been wearing an overcoat."

An Absolute class act this bloke was. Played for his home town club his entire career and a top shelf bloke to boot. Would have been a multi millionaire in this day and age

plague
15-02-2014, 06:51 PM
I know the usual excuses will be trotted out about limited budgets etc, but when an asset like the harbour is being sold and 65% of the proceeds are leaving the hunter thats a piss weak excuse, not that I'm saying that the stadium and sports precinct should be the highest priority of the hunters needs but it seems that even when newcastle has an asset that can generate funds for its needs, it is still majority shipped away, I guess thats just what we are good at.

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/07/26/pasha27707_wideweb__470x235,0.jpg

The port has been leased to a private firm, not sold. Theres a huge difference.
The revenue previously generated from this asset (the ports) was never "all Newcastles" anyway. The fact that a percentage of the lease money has now been guaranteed to Newcastle for infastructure is a better situation than before when money was put into the states total revenue pool then divided back up across the state.

But yeah the pitch sucks balls, how good were the divots over on the eastern sideline last week. Looked like the set Hollywood used to stage that fake moon landing video.

Middleby, HSG, Hunter Venues OUT.

Don Burke IN.

Jetmaster
15-02-2014, 07:06 PM
The whole town is stuffed because of the powers that be in charge of the Jets, Knights and stadium.

I talked earlier today with the guy who tried to negotiate a new club short sponsor deal and suggested he could double it to around $700k. He said that the guy representing HSG said, "great, how do you do that, do you make the logo double the size?" !!!

My aquaintance said to me "I realised then I was dealing with ****ing morons and left them to it."

We're doomed I tell you......

sammydog
15-02-2014, 07:23 PM
The whole town is stuffed because of the powers that be in charge of the Jets, Knights and stadium.

I talked earlier today with the guy who tried to negotiate a new club short sponsor deal and suggested he could double it to around $700k. He said that the guy representing HSG said, "great, how do you do that, do you make the logo double the size?" !!!

My aquaintance said to me "I realised then I was dealing with ****ing morons and left them to it."

We're doomed I tell you......

That sums it up for me. People can complain about the club all they want, the problem comes from higher up. While the clowns as HSG are running the show, it will continue to be amateur hour.

The pitch though, as if the State Govt is going to see any value in sorting out a regional venue, and HSG just don't know enough to push for it.

Jetmaster
16-02-2014, 08:33 PM
And we can't even get $1 mill to get the surface relaid.....

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/coopers-stadium-75m-upgrade-plan-includes-covered-roof-link-to-adelaide-oval-host-rugby-and-commonwealth-games/story-fni6uo1m-1226828298953

Pico
16-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Good to see that they are looking at using the blended natural turf and synthetic grass if they are going to start to have multiple codes playing there. Why no NSW venues do this amazes me when we have three rectangular orientated codes operating year round. Its what hunter venues, and NSW venues should be putting in at hunter stadium prior to the Asian cup.

GazFish35
16-02-2014, 09:19 PM
To be fair jetmaster, to nsw state government don't give a shit about Adelaide's stadium either.

MFKS
16-02-2014, 10:37 PM

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/coopers-stadium-75m-upgrade-plan-includes-covered-roof-link-to-adelaide-oval-host-rugby-and-commonwealth-games/story-fni6uo1m-1226828298953

I would struggle to see how they are gonna turn Hindmarsh into that. As anyone who has ever been there would know there isn't much space around the ground to expand.

Add in the fact most of their ground is cheap meccano shit stadia I don't see how 75 million would install a roof and increase capacity by 10k

GazFish35
17-02-2014, 06:52 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-extends-hyundai-a-league-licences-to-2034/86298

Kinda big news.
2034 gives clubs and owners some pretty good stability.

Though withe coin in Asia only growing it might be hard to fill the visa spots with any decent players consistently if they do move to the 3+1 rule

joel31
17-02-2014, 06:53 PM
FFA extends Hyundai A-League licences to 2034

Monday, 17 February 2014 5:30 PM

FFA extends Hyundai A-League licences to 2034

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today taken a decision to extend the licences of the nine Australian clubs in the Hyundai A-League until 2034.

The current licences of the clubs had an existing term running until 2020.

FFA CEO David Gallop said the licence extension to 2034 would provide the clubs with long-term certainty for their planning and investment.

“FFA and the clubs have made the stability and sustainability of the A-League the top priority,” said Gallop.

“Today’s decision is consistent with our long-term strategy. The extension will give the clubs the certainty they need over a 20-year timeframe to invest, and will also underpin and enhance the value of the licence.

“The Hyundai A-League is enjoying another great season with attendances, TV ratings, digital audiences and membership all increasing. The licence extension is a sign of confidence that the business model is on the right track for long-term success.”

Today’s decision is not applicable to Wellington Phoenix, whose licence term runs until 2016.

The New Zealand club’s participation in the Hyundai A-League beyond 2016 is subject to approval from FIFA, the AFC and FFA. The issue will be addressed in separate discussions with the club.

In relation to the sale of the Western Sydney Wanderers, FFA reaffirms that no final decision has been made and that discussions are continuing with prospective buyers.

In other matters, FFA today confirmed that each Hyundai A-League club will have a limit of five (5) visa players for next season, 2014/15. In the following season 2015/16 the limit will be reduced to four (4) visa players.

A feasibility study will be conducted for possible future implementation of a “3 + 1” model, under which one visa player is Asian.

“The foreign visa players bring so much to the Hyundai A-League in terms of technical ability and marketing interest, but we must also nurture our young Australian players,” said Gallop.

“We have taken a prudent step to reduce the visa limit over a number of years to create more opportunities for local, elite youth players, while acknowledging that the visa players have an important role as we continue to build the competition.

“The idea of a ‘3 + 1’ model being introduced at some stage is aimed at strengthening our links to Asia, where football is undergoing a boom on the technical, professional and business levels.

“This model would align our competition with the AFC Champions League and assist clubs in setting up their player rosters.

“Overall, we view the adjustments in the visa player limits as another step in our strategic plan for the A-League.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/ffa-extends-hyundai-a-league-licences-to-2034/86298

MFKS
17-02-2014, 07:53 PM
How many times can Tinks hand the licence back in the next 20 years????/

plague
17-02-2014, 08:19 PM

South Oz also in an election period. Money gets promised all around when there are votes on the line.
'sif if will ever happen though.
pissants.

hawk
17-02-2014, 11:17 PM
How many times can Tinks hand the licence back in the next 20 years????/

once, on the 22/5/2016

joel31
18-02-2014, 05:20 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/has-an-adelaide-state-league-footballer-scored-the-worlds-fastest-goal/story-fnii0fc4-1226830630736

Jetmaster
19-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Now this could be interesting if NUFC ever decide to buy into their cousins in Oz...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wwe-owner-vince-mcmahon-reported-to-be-sniffing-around-newcastle-united-with-a-view-to-incredible-takeover-bid-9135535.html

MFKS
19-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Vince should be more concerned with getting his currently shit house product back on track and not wasting his time buying shit EPL sides.

FFS whilst he keeps the entire WWE revolving around John Cena being a face so the kiddies buy more merchandise they are ****ed. FFS Drop him down the pecking order or turn him heel FFS:deadhorse:

Add in the fact that possibly his best asset who appeals to hard core wrestling fans in CM Punk has walked out on them in disgust over the way things are going and currently shows no signs of going back then they have some big issues.

BodyNovo
19-02-2014, 09:07 AM
WWE died the day it wasn't WWF

pv4
19-02-2014, 09:30 AM
http://animationaficionados.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/new_wwf_logo_by_wolfehpants.jpg

Grimario
19-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Blahaha, why am I not at all surprised that MFKS loves wrestling?

MFKS
19-02-2014, 11:14 AM

Yet my signature which is a blatant rip off of one of the greatest wrestlers in the last 20 years entrance theme doesn't give that away???

russjaybee
19-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Yet my signature which is a blatant rip off of one of the greatest wrestlers in the last 20 years entrance theme doesn't give that away???

Just makes me think of Cartman.

Jetmaster
19-02-2014, 11:24 AM
WWE died the day it wasn't WWF

This^^^^

Of all the wrestlers, this is who we need...

http://www.trapword.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/milliondollarmope.jpg

Grimario
19-02-2014, 11:29 AM

As someone who isn't a massive wrestling nerd, no, no it does not.

Bon
19-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Just makes me think of Cartman.

Exactly!!!

plague
19-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Vince should be more concerned with getting his currently shit house product back on track and not wasting his time buying shit EPL sides.

FFS whilst he keeps the entire WWE revolving around John Cena being a face so the kiddies buy more merchandise they are ****ed. FFS Drop him down the pecking order or turn him heel FFS:deadhorse:

Add in the fact that possibly his best asset who appeals to hard core wrestling fans in CM Punk has walked out on them in disgust over the way things are going and currently shows no signs of going back then they have some big issues.

5 star post.
More rasslin' talk please Member.

Bon
19-02-2014, 02:53 PM
5 star post.
More rasslin' talk please Member.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/83e/23c/16e/resized/not-real-meme-generator-it-s-not-real-rasslin-it-s-not-reeeeeaall-9a436b.jpg?1343847662.jpg

plague
19-02-2014, 11:03 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKBTeadCcAAPuF6.jpg

Premy
22-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Rumors of Xavi to Melbourne City next year.
This would be huge
http://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sport/budgie-on-the-ball/9749929/Rumours-about-Melbourne-Heart
You think Fox Sports Fap over ADP, If this happens Foster will need shares in Kleenex.

Thomas477
22-02-2014, 05:29 PM
**** me. I'm done if Xavi signs with City.

Thought he was going to Miami though?

Premy
22-02-2014, 05:42 PM
**** me. I'm done if Xavi signs with City.

Thought he was going to Miami though?

Article says he'll join Melbourne City on loan before being loaned to NYC for there first season in 2015.

Miami don't come in to the MLS until 2017 plenty can happen from now until then.

MFKS
22-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Rumors of Xavi to Melbourne City next year.
This would be huge
http://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sport/budgie-on-the-ball/9749929/Rumours-about-Melbourne-Heart
You think Fox Sports Fap over ADP, If this happens Foster will need shares in Kleenex.

Yep. Bullshit season is in full force.

The bloke is a walk up start to the best side in the world.

Now if he wants to give that up I can not see him joining the HAL when there is 100 other Euro clubs that could afford him and would still offer him a top level challenge.

About as likely as CR7 signing for the Jets next year

MFKS
24-02-2014, 11:15 PM
A team from Stoke-on-Trent ended a six-and-half-year, 171-game winless run with victory on Saturday.

Tunstall Town, of the Staffordshire County League Division Two, beat Betley Reserves 3-2 to end a losing streak that dated back to September 2007.

Town only ended a run of 143 consecutive defeats with a 1-1 draw against Whittington in January 2013.

"We were all ecstatic. All the hard work we have put in has paid off, " manager George Day told BBC Sport.

"It's been coming. There's been a lot of games where we have lost by the odd goal in four or five. It's coming together.

Town were also in the news in 2011, not for their losing streak, but for the age of their players.

In one of two 19-0 defeats in that 2010-11 season, their back four and goalkeeper had a combined age of more than 300 years.

"Until last season, we were basically a veterans team," added Ford. "Our goal difference was always between about -170 and -200, but last year it was only -70.

"We're phasing the old players out now, there's only one or two left that are in their 40s."

Town have finished bottom of the Division Two table in every season since they joined the Staffordshire County League, but Dan Dwase's goal and an Adam Rose penalty ensured that they cut the gap to second-bottom La Holditch to seven points.

You think supporting the Jets is tough work. imagine traveling home and away watching this mob??

GazFish35
24-02-2014, 11:22 PM
http://www.amazon.com/The-Bromley-Boys-Supporting-Football/dp/1906032246

I can post you this if you want member.

belchardo
26-02-2014, 08:17 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/videos/aleague/erase-racism-round/793959/10144/1013/1

Does this freak anybody else out? Just seems seriously creepy to me.

WolfMan
26-02-2014, 08:34 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/videos/aleague/erase-racism-round/793959/10144/1013/1

Does this freak anybody else out? Just seems seriously creepy to me.

Saw it for the first time on the TV just before this ACL match - definitely creepy

Pico
01-03-2014, 01:53 PM
@Laz3Liam asks via Twitter: G'day @adamtaggart22 Would you prefer 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?

AT: I’ve given this a fair bit of thought and to be honest I want one horse-sized duck. How sweet would it be to have a massive, massive duck!? You could probably get it to fly you around to different places as well.

Jets Insider, getting to the real Issues.

furns
01-03-2014, 02:03 PM
At least its a laugh isnt it lol

Pico
03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
ANDY Roberts can recall every one of the 234 national league games he played for Newcastle.

Known affectionately as the pony-tailed man marker, Roberts is among more than 300 players to represent the region on the national stage.

Most of the defender’s appearances were for the Newcastle Breakers.

A largely home-grown outfit, the Breakers punched above their weight in the NSL from 1991 until 2000 when Newcastle United was formed.

It’s hard to believe it has been nearly 15 years since the likes of locals Roberts, Shane Pryce, Todd McManus, Mark Wilson and Scott Thomas combined with ‘‘imports’’ Bob Catlin, John Buonavoglia, Andy Harper and Peter Tsekenis to take on the best in the nation.

The Breakers will hold a reunion which will then flow into the Jets’ annual Old Boys Day for the clash against Melbourne Victory at Hunter Stadium On April 5.

Roberts, who owns a successful menswear business which supply suits to the Jets, is one of the organisers and is confident of a crowd of 200.

Apart from former players, Roberts hopes to get all the coaches together. Lee Sterrey and John Kosmina are confirmed starters.

The get-together begins at the Duke of Wellington Hotel before moving on to the game.

KB on song

STILL on old boys, former Lake Maquarie striker Dave Simpson thrilled Sidelines by sending in a copy of the original KB United team song. Dave acquired the recording from John Hersee.

‘‘John’s father, Jack, had it on an old 45 record and re-recorded it into an mp3 format,’’ Dave told Sidelines.

One for the ages

AND finally on old boys, Dave tells us that the Friday night over-45s competition is always on the lookout for new teams. So if all this has got your competitive juices flowing, get busy and pull a team together. Contact Macquarie Football for details.

Hair we go

JETS utility Josh Brillante hasn’t felt the sharp blade of a razor on his face in more than 18 months.

Even more time has elapsed since Ben Kennedy last set foot in a barber shop.

Both will be at the front of the queue tomorrow when the Jets shave their locks in support of Hunter Breast Care Foundation.

The great shave is part of a week-long promotion between the Jets and the HBCF which culminates in a ‘‘Pink Day for BK’’ when Melbourne Heart visit Hunter Stadium on Saturday.

Kennedy’s mum, Karen, is receiving treatment for a breast cancer recurrence.

She is ‘‘doing well’’, but BK is keen to do his bit and has vowed to part with his long locks for a No.1 buzz cut.

‘‘I haven’t had a haircut in nearly two years and have never had a No.1,’’ he said.

‘‘Hopefully we can raise some funds and create some awareness for breast cancer research and make a difference to the lives of people affected.’’

Brillante’s facial hair has reached cult status.

UK newspaper The Independent last year included the 20-year-old’s Ned Kelly look among the best beards in sport.

He has since had it trimmed but will go the whole hog with a cutthroat razor.

In total 16 members of the Jets playing and coaching staff will participate in the great shave.

Those who don’t have agreed to donate $100.

The Jets have produced a pink t-shirt to raise funds for HBCF which will be on sale at Saturday’s clash against the in-form Heart. For every pink t-shirt sold, $5 will be donated to HBCF.

Both teams will wear the pink t-shirts as they make their way onto the field before kick-off and Jets players will wear pink laces during the game.

HBCF will be the match-day partner, and all members and fans are encouraged to dress in pink, with prizes for the best dressed.

All-star line-up

IT’S a who’s who of Australian football and a date you don’t want to miss.

Ray Baartz, Col Curran, Mark Bosnich, Simon Hill, Mel McLaughlin, David Carney, Michael Bridges, Taylor Regan, David Gallop ... as far as football sportsmen’s lunches go, it doesn’t get much better than the panel for the Charlestown City Blues function at Charlestown Bowling Club on Friday.

Fox Sports commentator Hill will play host, Baartz, Curran and Bosnich will talk Socceroos and the World Cup, the Jets trio will be quizzed on the A-League and Gallop will give an insight into the direction of the game.

As well as the speakers, there will be lucky door prizes, including a week of coaching from Emerging jets academy director Gary van Egmond, and an auction of sporting memorabilia.

Tickets cost $125 or $1100 per table of eight and are available from Charlestown Bowling Club on 4943 3766.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2122340/sporting-sidelines-breakers-united-kb-singalong/?cs=306

Hopefully everyone gets involved and donates some cash for a good cause.

Grimario
03-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Good on ya, BK. Only way you are going to get a Number 1 anytime soon is with the clippers, so well in.

pv4
03-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Good on ya, BK. Only way you are going to get a Number 1 anytime soon is with the clippers, so well in.

:rof:

russjaybee
03-03-2014, 02:35 PM
POPULAR Channel Ten sports host Mel McLaughlin has separated from her musician husband Luke Panic after a two-year marriage.

q-money
03-03-2014, 02:54 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/191238/bell_ringer.gif

joel31
03-03-2014, 04:54 PM
good cause. shame about the beard though

weston
03-03-2014, 07:14 PM
The Jets have produced a pink t-shirt to raise funds for HBCF which will be on sale at Saturday’s clash against the in-form Heart. For every pink t-shirt sold, $5 will be donated to HBCF.

How much and where do I get one? (considering I will not be at the game as I live in qld). Wouldn't mind one seeing as its how mum passed.

Jeterpool
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
How much and where do I get one? (considering I will not be at the game as I live in qld). Wouldn't mind one seeing as its how mum passed.

Maybe contact the club direct and they can send you one?

plague
04-03-2014, 12:15 AM
POPULAR Channel Ten sports host Mel McLaughlin has separated from her musician husband Luke Panic after a two-year marriage.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhV3zu-IUAEE250.jpg

Premy
04-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Didn't know where to mention this.

08/03/14 Heart V Jets @ Newcastle

11/03/14 CCM V Hiroshima @ Gosford
15/03/14 CCM V Jets @ Gosford

22/03/14 Wellington V Jets @ Newcastle

30/03/14 Perth V Jets @ Perth

02/04/14 Victory V Yokohama @ Japan
02/04/14 Victory V Jets @ Newcastle

11/04/14 Adelaide V Jets @ Newcastle

Not that bad of a run home Heart, Wellington & Adelaide look to be the tough fixtures(especially with our home performances so far) I'm slightly optimistic. What's the odds on Victory to drop out of the top 6?

Premy
04-03-2014, 02:11 AM
ADELAIDE:
-Brisbane (A)
-W Sydney (A)
-Sydney (H)
-Wellington (A)
-Melbourne H (H)
-Newcastle (A)

BRISBANE:
-Adelaide (H)
-Sydney (A)
-Melbourne V (H)
-Melbourne H (H)
-W Sydney (A)
-Central Coast (H)

CENTRAL COAST:
-Melbourne V (A)
-Hiroshima (H)
-Newcastle (H)
-Beijing (A)
-Melbourne H (A)
-W Sydney (H)
- Beijing (H)
-Perth (A)
-Brisbane (A)
- Seoul ( H)

MELBOURNE V:
-Central Coast (H)
-Junbok (H)
-Perth (A)
-Yokohama (H)
-Brisbane (A)
-Sydney (H)
-Yokohama (A)
-Newcastle (A)
-Wellington (A)
-Guangzhou (H)

MELBOURNE H:
-Newcastle (A)
-Wellington (H)
-Central Coast (H)
-Brisbane (A)
-Adelaide (A)
-W Sydney (H)

NEWCASTLE:
-Melbourne H (H)
-Central Coast (A)
-Wellington (H)
-Perth (A)
-Melbourne V (H)
-Adelaide (H)

PERTH:
-Wellington (A)
-Melbourne V (H)
-W Sydney (A)
-Newcastle (H)
-Central Coast (H)
-Sydney (A)

SYDNEY:
-W Sydney (H)
-Brisbane (H)
-Adelaide (A)
-Melbourne (A)
-Wellington (H)
-Perth (H)

WELLINGTON:
-Perth (H)
-Melbourne H (A)
-Newcastle (A)
-Adelaide (H)
-Sydney (A)
-Melbourne (H)

W SYDNEY:
-Sydney (A)
-Guizhou (A)
-Adelaide (H)
-Kawasaki (H)
-Perth (H)
-Central Coast (A)
-Kawasaki (A)
-Brisbane (H)
-Melbourne H (A)
-Ulsan (A)

Jetmaster
04-03-2014, 10:44 AM

Poor bugger - commercial TV has probably made her a bitch....this makes her available at the Old Boys night you desperates !

russjaybee
04-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Met her in South Africa, can confirm a cool chick.
Really is The_Dream.

Grimario
04-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Hopefully everyone gets involved and donates some cash for a good cause.

Amazing scenes. Beard looks like a COMPLETELY different person.

BK, Zenon, Chilli, some bloke

http://instagram.com/p/lGdWWOO3v5/embed

Some bloke getting his long hair cut as well

http://instagram.com/p/lGgYcXu3kX/embed/

Fantastic effort to all involved.

http://www.mycause.com.au/page/newcastlejetspinkdayforbk

Donate there.

MFKS
04-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Hopefully BK is walking around with a balaclava on until some hair grows back :fright:

Jetmaster
04-03-2014, 02:41 PM
BK and his heavies - so cool !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh2ILroCcAEsaij.jpg

Where's Griff ?

pv4
04-03-2014, 02:49 PM
BK and his heavies - so cool !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh2ILroCcAEsaij.jpg

Where's Griff ?

Probably learning to waste time at the corner flag, being taught by the assistant coach.

Zadkid shaving his head - what a lad

Premy
04-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Farking hell I had trouble telling the difference between Zads and Taylor from a distance now I'm going to be confused as fark

hawk
04-03-2014, 03:24 PM
finally, a team of zads, look out Melb City

Grimario
04-03-2014, 03:27 PM
The whole lot that did it. Bloody glorious.

http://instagram.com/p/lGvLg6O3po/

Premy
04-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Zads Lads would be so proud.

belchardo
04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Farking hell I had trouble telling the difference between Zads and Taylor from a distance now I'm going to be confused as fark

exactly what I was thinking.

Retro Jet
04-03-2014, 04:28 PM

With any luck, Fart will be just as confused cum Sat arvo as well.

BodyNovo
04-03-2014, 04:40 PM
who missed the razor

by my looks

griff, taagz, chapman. anymore?

Grimario
04-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Unless the lighting is really bad in that second one... Heskey and Kew?

I honestly can't tell who half of them are anymore.

Grimario
04-03-2014, 05:09 PM
So... why the towel, second from left, back row? What exactly did you have shaved?!?!?

Premy
04-03-2014, 05:15 PM
who missed the razor

by my looks

griff, taagz, chapman. anymore?
Pretty sure Griff got clipped, before and after on FB look at the far screen right standing looks like Griff. Although they all look like Zads to me so I'm probably wrong.

Kew keep his Curls.

Premy
04-03-2014, 05:18 PM
Unless the lighting is really bad in that second one... Heskey and Kew?

I honestly can't tell who half of them are anymore.

Heskey had nothing to shave. Unless there is a R rated version when all the kids are in bed.

Bon
04-03-2014, 05:34 PM

I now have trouble telling the difference between Caravella and you, Premy.. :sup:

MFKS
04-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Be hard to tell them apart on Saturday from a distance.

If some bloke starts trying fancy flicks constantly coughs up the ball and takes it to the corner we will know Bridges is out there though

Premy
04-03-2014, 06:01 PM
I now have trouble telling the difference between Caravella and you, Premy.. :sup:I'll be the one not running around in circles shouldn't be to hard. Haha

Edit: Soon as I seen this I knew this was coming.

halo se7en
04-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Didn't know where to mention this.

08/03/14 Heart V Jets @ Newcastle

11/03/14 CCM V Hiroshima @ Gosford
15/03/14 CCM V Jets @ Gosford

22/03/14 Wellington V Jets @ Newcastle

30/03/14 Perth V Jets @ Perth

02/04/14 Victory V Yokohama @ Japan
02/04/14 Victory V Jets @ Newcastle

11/04/14 Adelaide V Jets @ Newcastle

Not that bad of a run home Heart, Wellington & Adelaide look to be the tough fixtures(especially with our home performances so far) I'm slightly optimistic. What's the odds on Victory to drop out of the top 6?

Typo premy? Otherwise we'll be playing their youth team. Surely they weren't scheduled on the same day….

Premy
04-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah typo playing Victory at home on the 5th sorry

halo se7en
04-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah typo playing Victory at home on the 5th sorry

Cool.. nice to know we get two understrength sides in the run-in. Knowing the Jets, we won't make the most of it, but at least on paper there's a chance we might.

skippy
04-03-2014, 11:42 PM
Pretty sure Griff got clipped, before and after on FB look at the far screen right standing looks like Griff. Although they all look like Zads to me so I'm probably wrong.

Kew keep his Curls.

Birraz had a full head of hair this arvo

Premy
07-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Looks like Brisbane have found there replacement for Berisha. lol

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2014/03/06/4665461/brisbane-roar-set-sights-on-totti

surely they can't be serious.

joel31
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I still hate him from 2006.

Jeterpool
07-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Looks like Brisbane have found there replacement for Berisha. lol

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2014/03/06/4665461/brisbane-roar-set-sights-on-totti

surely they can't be serious.

Good luck to them! I hope it comes off.

russjaybee
07-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Totti would be sick.

leftrightout
07-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Class player, should be able to dominate A-league!

Bon
07-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Class player, should be able to dominate A-league!

Will he potentially be taking over the reffing duties from ADP next year??

lquiquer
07-03-2014, 02:05 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1183522/Hersi-signs-up-for-next-season

But won't tell which club he signed for

Premy
07-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Problem with Totti coming out here is that his contracted to Roma until the May 2016, where ADP was a Bosman Totti would require a transfer fee. Something I see as to big a hurdle for the Barakies.

parksey
07-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Totti will end his career with Roma.

A true clubman unlike that whore ADP.

russjaybee
07-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Rofl

Jetmaster
07-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Birraz had a full head of hair this arvo

If there were two guys in our squad who would find a way to puss out of a haircut it would be Taggs and Birraz.....pretty boys of the highest order.