PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Jeterpool
07-03-2014, 08:45 PM
If there were two guys in our squad who would find a way to puss out of a haircut it would be Taggs and Birraz.....pretty boys of the highest order.

I'd also add Neville

halo se7en
07-03-2014, 09:28 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1183522/Hersi-signs-up-for-next-season

But won't tell which club he signed for

Sources are suggesting Glory.

WolfMan
09-03-2014, 09:21 AM
If there were two guys in our squad who would find a way to puss out of a haircut it would be Taggs and Birraz.....pretty boys of the highest order.

I'd also add Neville

Apparently, Taggart has a clause in a Sponsorship Contract regarding changing his appearance. I assume that is not inclusive of his tough-stickers.

Birraz had a shaven bonce yesterday I'm pretty sure, and Neville already had one as well from recent memory.

Jetmaster
09-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Shaving of the head is a symbol of solidarity for the sufferer who often loses their hair when doing chemo.

:blush:

pv4
09-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Why would anyone want to ruin their hair?

Your not going to cure cancer anyway.

Australia's survival rates are already better than almost any other country.

Let's all calm down and realise that shaving your head just makes you look like a douche, it doesn't bring us any closer to curing cancer.

Yeah, even after all my posts in my time about Bridges plus other posts I've seen others write on this forum, that is one of the most insensitive things I've read here. Nothing personal against you, I just can't agree with your views at all.

See Jetmasters reply for basically my summation of why doing it is a decent idea. It raises awareness, so women get their breasts checked earlier, setups like the McGrath foundation provide needed funds for nurses to support breast cancer victims, etc. And shows solidarity, etc.

FYI this is coming from a guy who him & his wife shaved their heads, and me full body :oops: last year to raise money (and as another FYI, we raised $8k).

Blackmac79
09-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, even after all my posts in my time about Bridges plus other posts I've seen others write on this forum, that is one of the most insensitive things I've read here. Nothing personal against you, I just can't agree with your views at all.

See Jetmasters reply for basically my summation of why doing it is a decent idea. It raises awareness, so women get their breasts checked earlier, setups like the McGrath foundation provide needed funds for nurses to support breast cancer victims, etc. And shows solidarity, etc.

FYI this is coming from a guy who him & his wife shaved their heads, and me full body :oops: last year to raise money (and as another FYI, we raised $8k).

I apologise if anyone took offense.

As I said. We have very good survival rates in Australia.

Early Checking is rarely accurate or effective, nor does it in anyway improve mortality rates for breast cancer (there have been several studies showing this, just look at adelaide where almost 20,000 women were diagnosed incorrectly or not at all).

I do appreciate the Mcgrath Foundation funding nurses. Too much money goes to finding a cure that won't ever exist (I get this idea from a lecture I listened to from the guy heading Cancer research in the United States who has a $5billion/year budget and he says we should focus funds on treatment not prevention/cure).

In the end if people want to shave their head to show solidarity I appreciate that, however funds can go to much better methods of supporting those with cancer than to the research field which just burns it like dried grass.

Again apologies to anyone taking any pain from my post. I don't mean it to be personal against anyone.

pv4
09-03-2014, 10:49 AM
All good BM.

Maybe the solidarity part is not only good for the whole Breast Cancer situation, but also in terms of football it was good for the team. We just knocked off the most in-form team of the comp. It may not have been the best game on the pitch, but everyone was there for the jersey - something us fans have been crying about not seeing all year.

Maybe our team has bonded so well over this head-shaving thing, and we'll actually play as a team from hereonin.

snake
09-03-2014, 01:56 PM
farken research scientists living it up

what has science ever given us? :oops:

Jetmaster
09-03-2014, 04:40 PM

Early Checking is rarely accurate or effective, nor does it in anyway improve mortality rates for breast cancer (there have been several studies showing this, just look at adelaide where almost 20,000 women were diagnosed incorrectly or not at all).

I do appreciate the Mcgrath Foundation funding nurses. Too much money goes to finding a cure that won't ever exist (I get this idea from a lecture I listened to from the guy heading Cancer research in the United States who has a $5billion/year budget and he says we should focus funds on treatment not prevention/cure).

In the end if people want to shave their head to show solidarity I appreciate that, however funds can go to much better methods of supporting those with cancer than to the research field which just burns it like dried grass.

Again apologies to anyone taking any pain from my post. I don't mean it to be personal against anyone.

:cool:

Jeterpool
09-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Apparently, Taggart has a clause in a Sponsorship Contract regarding changing his appearance. I assume that is not inclusive of his tough-stickers.

Birraz had a shaven bonce yesterday I'm pretty sure, and Neville already had one as well from recent memory.

Geez I didn't fully read what I replied to when I mentioned Nev!! Not my intention completely. Soz!!

Saw bloke had his head shaved. Only saying he would be in with the pretty-boy crew as a joke. Not at all that he'd puss out.

MFKS
09-03-2014, 07:28 PM

Rather ironic that in this day and age we can send man to the moon and have all this fancy gadgetry and billions of dollars is invested in researching disease and the last noteable disease that was cured was Polio in the 50's. Reason why there is little money in Cures but plenty of money to be made in mitigating conditions to keep you alive so you can keep coughing up for medications

I also think you meant to say we should focus funds on Prevention rather than what you have said to not focus on this area either that is an error or if you really believe we shouldn't focus on prevention you have some crazy ideas

snake
09-03-2014, 07:35 PM
yeah mate, that's why we eradicated smallpox and your kids get mmr vaccinations - the ongoing business

ffs, some of the cunce on here with all the answers

la bazzle
09-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Hi Snake

ForeverRed
09-03-2014, 08:08 PM

Your post is a disgrace, having a son battling cancer I struggle to see your points of view, until you have been there and battled this hideous decease I suggest you keep your mouth closed on this subject, to see people supporting you whilst going through treatment in anyway shape or form is one of the greatest feelings one could ever imagine, if people choose to shave their heads, wear pink clothing, run walk or ride ridiculous distances is because they care and have a heart, something I feel you lack, your negative view is something people have been fighting against for years, the words "think positive" obviously are not in your vocabulary.

Blackmac79
09-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Rather ironic that in this day and age we can send man to the moon and have all this fancy gadgetry and billions of dollars is invested in researching disease and the last noteable disease that was cured was Polio in the 50's. Reason why there is little money in Cures but plenty of money to be made in mitigating conditions to keep you alive so you can keep coughing up for medications

I also think you meant to say we should focus funds on Prevention rather than what you have said to not focus on this area either that is an error or if you really believe we shouldn't focus on prevention you have some crazy ideas

Technically the technology to send a man to the moon no longer exists. Saturn V is a lost relic of the past that the Americans don't know how to build and no other country would be able to fianance it.

Also more is spent each year in the US on cancer research than on NASA

Blackmac79
09-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Your post is a disgrace, having a son battling cancer I struggle to see your points of view, until you have been there and battled this hideous decease I suggest you keep your mouth closed on this subject, to see people supporting you whilst going through treatment in anyway shape or form is one of the greatest feelings one could ever imagine, if people choose to shave their heads, wear pink clothing, run walk or ride ridiculous distances is because they care and have a heart, something I feel you lack, your negative view is something people have been fighting against for years, the words "think positive" obviously are not in your vocabulary.

Again. I am arguing against the direction of the funds. That they could be spent better on supportive structures rather than scientists researching for something that will in all probability never exist.

We in Australia are very good at treating cancer and are getting better every year, but this is not due to people in labs doing experiments,, it's due to the nurses and doctors and other members of a multi-disciplinary healthcare team. Fund themz instead is all I am saying.

As for your personal attack, II have recently watched on average 1 person a week die from cancer at work for 3.5years. I know I make a difference in people's lives when they and their families go through what you are going through. But whatever, I am an uncaring person who doesn't know what "thinking positive" is.

joel31
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Technically the technology to send a man to the moon no longer exists. Saturn V is a lost relic of the past that the Americans don't know how to build and no other country would be able to fianance it.

Also more is spent each year in the US on cancer research than on NASA
I respect u have your opinions but your fighting a lost cause.

There is a good reason more is spent on cancer research. Research isn't just searching for a cure but finding more effective treatment, etc. this knowledge can make a real difference in people's lives. Hair grows back but lives do not

The Dunster
09-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Cubans have a higher life expectancy than their North American neighbours.
North America is home to the bulk of the worlds largest pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical research centres.
Cuba has little more than penicillin and basic antiseptics.
What Cuba do have though is more general practitioners per capita than North America.

Hence, less investment in research / wonder drugs and more into basic patient care is the more sensible though less profitable option.

I can totally understand what BlackMac79 is saying. The money and resources could be allocated far more effectively.

joel31
09-03-2014, 09:44 PM
North America is home to the bulk of the worlds largest pharmaceutical manufacturers and medical research centres.
What Cuba do have though is more general practitioners per capita than North America.

Hence, less investment in research / wonder drugs and more into basic patient care is the more sensible though less profitable option.

I can totally understand what BlackMac79 is saying. The money and resources could be allocated far more effectively.
I agree balance is needed but research is still important

joel31
09-03-2014, 09:58 PM

I agree balance is needed but research is still important

MFKS
09-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Guys discuss this in an appropriate thread/Sub Forum.

It is an interesting subject but not appropriate for this thread

:sup:

plague
10-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Guys discuss this in an appropriate thread/Sub Forum.

It is an interesting subject but not appropriate for this thread

:sup:

I can't find the 'Multinational Pharmaceuticals conspiracy thread'
Anyone got a link?

furns
10-03-2014, 11:35 AM
make one lol

plague
10-03-2014, 11:46 AM
make one lol

Thought about it, but then realised how strong peoples opinions are on the topic.
It may have ended up uglier than the Local Forum.

We can probably do without it.

plague
10-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Still shaking my head at the Member calling for calm and for blokes to get back on topic.

MFKS
10-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Still shaking my head at the Member calling for calm and for blokes to get back on topic.

Could see the moral high ground.

Opportunity far too good to pass up:pissup:

q-money
10-03-2014, 12:08 PM
but this is not due to people in labs doing experiments

lol m8 turn it up, how do you think people figure out how to get drugs where they are actually useful in tumours? good luck and guess work?

snake
10-03-2014, 12:14 PM
nah mate, good intentions

boz-monaut
10-03-2014, 12:21 PM
thinking I might split all this into a blackmac talks out his arse thread

invoking the space race which was funded by cold war paranoia

"positive thinking" to "cure cancer"

fund nurses, yes, but at the expense of research? so the nurses can watch patients die at the rate they currently are?

you know what saved my life and cured my cancer? ****ing billions of dollars, and not just decades but the entire sum of human medical research spent on research in laboratories on things like chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies, radiotherapy - this isn't money burnt trying to find a "cure" that you in your infinite wisdom seems to think won't exist

it's not just people arcing up at you having a go at something like a fundraiser, it's the fact you're actually wrong

plague
10-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Pffffft.
'sif we went to the moon anyway.

Some of you blokes would fall for anything.
#hollywood
#howistheflagflyingwithnowind
#aldrinwasagovernmentstooge

plague
10-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Still reckon we'll cure cancer one day.
Just inevitable innit?
There's some really smart people out there.

howardyou
10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Still reckon we'll cure cancer one day.
Just inevitable innit?
There's some really smart people out there.

Won't be a Jets supporter then. Anyone with the ability to provide a cure for cancer would have seen the light and opted out years ago.

Jetmaster
10-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Birraz probably starting to shit people with his talk of Germany....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2139237/mark-birighitti-and-taylor-regan-clash-at-jets-training/?cs=306#slide=1

PASSION appeared to get the best of two Newcastle Jets players at training on Monday, with teammates forced to separate the pair after a heated exchange that left defender Taylor Regan with a split eye.

Teammates separated shot stopper Mark Birighitti from Regan during the incident, which occurred during training at Ray Watt Oval.

Birighitti left the field shortly afterwards.

MORE TO COME

hawk
10-03-2014, 02:49 PM
hesk having a chuckle through it all

MFKS
10-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Hearing story that Birraz actually laid one on Reegz.

Wasn't there myself so only word from someone else who reckons they were there

boz-monaut
10-03-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm not really into the idea that this shows passion and is in any way a good thing

this shows disharmony, emotional immaturity, stupidity, violence and is pretty much the worst thing you could have happen in a football team (not including John Terry)

disc race

Jetmaster
10-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm hearing it was a head clash that Reegz took exception to....we'll find out soon enough.

parksey
10-03-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm not really into the idea that this shows passion and is in any way a good thing

this shows disharmony, emotional immaturity, stupidity, violence and is pretty much the worst thing you could have happen in a football team (not including John Terry)

disc race

yeah I have no idea how this can be a positive in any way.

Thomas477
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Not to point out the obvious here, but if Biraz did lay one on Regz I don't see how he could have unless his gloves were off (boom tish).

We should wait until the full story comes out.

Retro Jet
10-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Hearing story that Birraz actually laid one on Reegz.

Wasn't there myself so only word from someone else who reckons they were there

Well if that's true, then I hope Bobby Catlin turns it into a positive and teaches him how to 'lay one' onto a cross!

russjaybee
10-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Image looks like a head clash to me.

Do we really need to be reminded that every word written by a journo should be taken with a grain of salt?
Actually it's almost guaranteed that the newspaper headline is exaggerating or slanting the story.
Do not jump in bed with them and start presuming things.

The fact we're already discussing violence in the team etc is silly.
Lets not get sensationalist here.

Jeterpool
10-03-2014, 04:26 PM

disc race

This for me.

GazFish35
10-03-2014, 04:31 PM
at least they care enough to get worked up.
its how this gets sorted that is the main thing that determines if it pulls things undone.

but my money is on media beat up as opposed to player beat up

plague
10-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm not so sure.
Deans was just on the wireless saying that it's ok for training to get heated but that disputes 'shouldn't be handled like that' (paraphrasing).
I'm assuming Deans was there so it didn't seem like a case of 'boys will be boys'.

Regardless, Deans out.

redwah
10-03-2014, 05:27 PM
The way Birraz punches a ball when coming out for it I'd say he was trying to give Someone nearby a high five and ****ed it up as usual.

halo se7en
10-03-2014, 06:15 PM
The way Birraz punches a ball when coming out for it I'd say he was trying to give Someone nearby a high five and ****ed it up as usual.

:roflz:

Seriously though… slow news day it seems

Jetmaster
10-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Watching how he deals with crosses, Birraz couldn't knock a pea off a chop !

hawk
10-03-2014, 09:28 PM
pity the whole team doesnt feel the same about the gypos

Blackmac79
10-03-2014, 09:39 PM
pity the whole team doesnt feel the same about the gypos

Too right.

seldom
11-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Reegz gettin touched up by the team pretty boy....fvckn lol

Guiltykeep
11-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Was a headbut some calling it a dog shot to

pv4
11-03-2014, 08:44 AM
I've heard from within the camp that Ljubo is to blame for it all

/thread

lquiquer
11-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Ryan is off to Malaysia.......!!!!

Kevin Airs ‏@KevinAirs442 · 58s
Ryan Griffiths is packing his suitcase again - he’s off to Sarawak FC in Malaysia on a two year deal after Reds released him… #aleague

Jetmaster
11-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Griffiths family again going for the coin......

Thomas477
11-03-2014, 01:28 PM
And he wonders why the jets didn't want him.

Bremsstrahlung
11-03-2014, 01:51 PM
I've heard from within the camp that Ljubo is to blame for it all

/thread

I heard it was Deans and Middleby?

plague
11-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I heard it was Deans and Middleby?

That's a bit unfair.

halo se7en
11-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Ryan is off to Malaysia.......!!!!

Kevin Airs ‏@KevinAirs442 · 58s
Ryan Griffiths is packing his suitcase again - he’s off to Sarawak FC in Malaysia on a two year deal after Reds released him… #aleague

This is also why none of them could break into the socceroos. They all had the potential to do so, but none of them could just stay in one place long enough for anyone to take notice. They've probably spent more than half their careers just moving around and settling in to new clubs. Shame really.

Thomas477
11-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I also think clubs need to start growing a backbone and saying no to players who do that.

hawk
11-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I also think our club needs to start growing a backbone.

fixed x 1 googal

MFKS
11-03-2014, 09:20 PM
That's a bit unfair.

Not if all Adelaide got for Ry Griff deserting them in the run into the finals was a undisclosed fee.

If Then Adelaide Middleby equivalent OUT

Jetmaster
12-03-2014, 01:56 PM
R Griff has dropped in my estimations over the last 12 months - walked out on two teams at the business end of the season for nothing else but money.

Had a Twitter whinge when the Jets wouldn't play ball earlier as he was second choice to Nathan Burns (remember him?) and his brother.

plague
12-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Interesting comments today from Postecoglou saying that Taggart and Brillante were serious contenders for the Ecuador game.
Also said if they keep playing like they are he's got no problem taking them to Brazil.

plague
12-03-2014, 02:32 PM
R Griff has dropped in my estimations over the last 12 months - walked out on two teams at the business end of the season for nothing else but money.

Had a Twitter whinge when the Jets wouldn't play ball earlier as he was second choice to Nathan Burns (remember him?) and his brother.
To be fair though the bloke has to push his own barrow. It's his livelihood that's at stake.
If certain people/club executives fall for it then that's not his problem.

MFKS
12-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Interesting comments today from Postecoglou saying that Taggart and Brillante were serious contenders for the Ecuador game.
Also said if they keep playing like they are he's got no problem taking them to Brazil.

Ange would be ****ing stupid not to be taking 5-6 blokes from the next generation for a Contiki tour. It ain't like with Spain Chile and the Dutch in our group and the rest of the shit **** Gypos in the NT we are expecting to do much.

May as well take the likes of DeSilva Taggz Beard etc than take blokes who ain't gonna be dead set starters and are only there to make up the numbers

Premy
12-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Ange would be ****ing stupid not to be taking 5-6 blokes from the next generation for a Contiki tour. It ain't like with Spain Chile and the Dutch in our group and the rest of the shit **** Gypos in the NT we are expecting to do much.

May as well take the likes of DeSilva Taggz Beard etc than take blokes who ain't gonna be dead set starters and are only there to make up the numbers
This its better to take a 20yr old kid who will benefit from the experience hence the national team benefiting in the long run then to take a 30 something old bloke that might go on if needed or a 36yr bloke just for his experience in camp.

plague
12-03-2014, 05:24 PM

Yeah I agree, but Ange sounded like these kids are going to get game time if they aim up. Asian cup coming up he can't dick around too much.
Must be awesome for these kids to hear that stuff from the NT coach.
Beats the tripe that Pim used to belittle them with.

parksey
12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
To be fair though the bloke has to push his own barrow. It's his livelihood that's at stake.
If certain people/club executives fall for it then that's not his problem.

pathetic

q-money
12-03-2014, 05:45 PM
how's parkesy 10 the moral compass on here ay

plague
12-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Parksey.
Cleaning up the morally bankrupt one scumbag at a time.
Alan Jones would be so proud.

MFKS
12-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Jets just linked to Archie Thompson on NBN

Beeen
12-03-2014, 08:11 PM
NBN on the windup

Jetmaster
12-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Agent quoted as "window shopping" to Jets and SFC....Jets quoted as not speaking to him.

Archie out of squad tonight.

furns
12-03-2014, 08:31 PM
We take him on and I know at least one foz regular who will go completely mental

and not in a good way

la bazzle
12-03-2014, 08:36 PM
would be a dream come true

Bon
12-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Reegz gettin touched up by the team pretty boy....fvckn lol

My sources tell me it was all over a roll of tape.. hahaha

Jeterpool
12-03-2014, 08:56 PM

One way to stop him scoring against us.

joel31
12-03-2014, 09:33 PM
just what we need more old washed up blokes

lquiquer
12-03-2014, 10:35 PM
One way to stop him scoring against us.

And score 13 for us in a FFA cup game first round V Gloucester!!!!

GazFish35
12-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Gloucester would annihilate the jets.

lquiquer
12-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Tiki taka Gloucester V clicky Claka jets....

Thomas477
12-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Good to see the type of bloke that Middleby wants to attract, the only Australian footballer ever to find it a chore to play for his country. **** him.

Blackmac79
13-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Forza Gloucester Supras

belchardo
13-03-2014, 08:50 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/ffa-give-wanderers-player-until-monday-to-respond-to-racism-cla/5319480

wanderer's player has till Monday to respond to racism claim.

belchardo
14-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Brendon Santalab's sledge revealed: Why Ali Abbas couldn't stay silent Andrew Webster
Published: March 14, 2014 - 10:18AM
This next sentence isn’t particularly pleasant, but it needs to be said to explain why Ali Abbas detonated as he did last Saturday night.

“You [expletive] Arab, Muslim, [expletive].”

That is what the Sydney FC midfielder has told officials Western Sydney Wanderers striker Brendon Santalab called him during the fiery derby at Allianz Stadium.

Santalab has denied it, but the circumstantial evidence - in other words, Abbas’ explosive reaction - is overwhelming.

When you consider, just for a second, that Abbas is a former refugee from war-torn Iraq, whose father was killed in Baghdad in a car bomb attack in 2004, it puts into firm context why he responded as he did.

Those who know him intimately report he is a man of substance and not one for hysterics, but when he is rubbed the wrong way he will go to war for what he believes in.

“You [expletive] Arab, Muslim, [expletive].”

If he said it, Santalab’s alleged remark could barely be more insulting.

It’s for this reason that Abbas looms as a hero. Just like Swans champion Adam Goodes last year, he has suffered abhorrent racial abuse but instead of turning the other cheek has stared it down - and that is something that would not have been easily done in the furnace of a packed Allianz Stadium between two adversaries with little time for each other.

“I come from a different country, I respect everyone here - I should get it back,” he told Fox Sports in a post-match interview that will have a profound and lasting influence, even if it doesn’t seem that way for him right now. “If I don't get it back, I'm going to attack. That's what happened. If people attack religion, if people attack culture - I'm against that. We need to stop that.”

Amen.

It is vastly different to what has often happened in other codes - in other words, rugby league - where claims of racism are made on the field before players are dissuaded or have second thoughts by the time they cross the chalk of the sideline.

That said, maybe things are changing. Brisbane fullback Ben Barba was called a “filthy abo” on social media this week, and the swift manner in which the NRL acted and facilitated an apology from the junior player involved was heartening.

Claims that Barba shouldn't have been afforded an apology, given the circumstances of his departure from the Bulldogs amid domestic violence claims, are also baffling. When Barba is called a "filthy abo" on social media, he's not the only one insulted, but an entire race.

Whether the FFA can take quick action in the matter concerning Abbas and Santalab remains to be seen.

Santalab is digging in, from all reports, although we hear there is pressure from outside the club for him to apologise.

Primo Smallgoods boss Paul Lederer heads a consortium has been circling the FFA-owned Wanderers for months, and he is said to be furious with Santalab and his reaction.

With no footage or audio of the incident, the FFA is facing an interesting stalemate. If Santalab said it, he deserves a heavy sanction. The time for a simple apology is passing, if it hasn't slipped away at all. What happens next will help define the code and where it’s headed. Ali Abbas can stand above it all, as a proud Arab and a Muslim who this time said no.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/action/printArticle?id=30023560

GazFish35
14-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Will be interesting to see how wanderers deal with this.

Lose ACL match.
Rip flares
Big fines
RBB protest
Lose to us.
Lose derby
Racism claims.

Sydney FC must be enjoying this!

hawk
14-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Andrew Webster - It’s for this reason that Abbas looms as a hero

um, not evn close numpt

belchardo
17-03-2014, 02:29 PM
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/nicky-carle-goes-from-marquee-to-mia-at-sydney-fc-20140316-hvj9m.html

get on it jets management. he's no long term answer but he'll do for a season or two while we get our **** together (hey! I managed to stop myself laughing about us getting our stuff together)

russjaybee
17-03-2014, 03:07 PM
I'd take nicky.

Jeterpool
17-03-2014, 03:43 PM
I would too.

Hunter403
17-03-2014, 04:00 PM
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/nicky-carle-goes-from-marquee-to-mia-at-sydney-fc-20140316-hvj9m.html

get on it jets management. he's no long term answer but he'll do for a season or two while we get our **** together (hey! I managed to stop myself laughing about us getting our stuff together)

Huge fu*%ing stretch to think we will ever get out **** together under this owner and management.

Grimario
17-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Huge fu*%ing stretch to think we will ever get out **** together under this owner and management.

That's a bit harsh, buddy. Have you seen our squad play? They are ****ing atrocious half of the time, clearly we get all our shit together and put it out on the field on a regular basis.

MFKS
17-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Since when is Tinks the problem??

The bloke puts his money up to fund the team and even dips into his ever dwindling resources to sign a marquee.

The problem really is the idiots he employs to run our club and that they have NFI and are pissing away his resources by their repeated incompetent decisions. Fix this an we will be heading in the right direction

MIDDLEBY OUT
DEANS OUT
ZANE OUT
CATLIN OUT
GVE OUT
PALMER OUT

17-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Since when is Tinks the problem??

The bloke puts his money up to fund the team and even dips into his ever dwindling resources to sign a marquee.

The problem really is the idiots he employs to run our club and that they have NFI and are pissing away his resources by their repeated incompetent decisions. Fix this an we will be heading in the right direction

MIDDLEBY OUT
DEANS OUT
ZANE OUT
CATLIN OUT
GVE OUT
PALMER OUT

Could not agree more member. The bloke made no secret of the fact he was not a football follower nevertheless he still stumped up enough dosh to give the club under his ownership a great start.

Everything from that point on is on the heads of those charged with the responsibility of spending that money smartly to which end they have failed deluxe.

Club needs a fresh start off the field meaning Middleby should just p^&s off already.

joel31
19-03-2014, 08:45 AM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1184498/Clubs-to-share-in-Wanderers-windfall

WolfMan
19-03-2014, 09:20 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1184498/Clubs-to-share-in-Wanderers-windfall

I like how Lowey takes "full resistibility" for the bid…

Pico
20-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Zane a contender as Jets consider options for coach

By JAMES GARDINER
March 19, 2014, 10 p.m.

JETS chief executive Robbie Middleby has started looking at coaching options for next season but said interim boss Clayton Zane would be given every opportunity to earn the gig full-time.

Two months has elapsed since Zane was pitched into the pilot seat after Gary van Egmond was sacked. The Jets were in seventh place on 19 points at the time.

With four rounds remaining they occupy the same position on the ladder.

On Zane’s watch they have won three games, lost four and drawn one.

They host eighth-place Wellington Phoenix on Saturday, are away to Perth, before home games against Melbourne Victory and Adelaide.

‘‘We are not sitting on our hands,’’ Middleby said yesterday. ‘‘There is a process we are following.

‘‘I have held some preliminary discussions and there are a number of options we are considering.

‘‘Obviously one of those is Clayton. He will be given every opportunity to prove himself. To date he has handled himself exceptionally well in defeat and victory.

‘‘We identified him and brought him in firstly with the the W-League. He progressed to youth league and now he is in charge of the A-League.

‘‘Regardless of what happens, we see him having a long-term involvement with the club.’’

Branko Culina was at the helm the last time the Jets made the play-offs in 2009-10.

Zane insists his focus is on getting the club to the finals and has put on hold talks regarding his future.

Middleby said a firm direction would not be made until the completion of a season review.

‘‘Once the review is compiled I will make a recommendation to [Hunter Sports chief executive] Troy Palmer and [Jets chairman] Ray Baartz.’’

The coach, whoever it is, could face a task of rebuilding the squad.

English veterans Michael Bridges and Emile Heskey are unlikely to re-sign, Mark Birighitti, Adam Taggart and Josh Brillante have attracted interest from Europe, Joel Griffiths and David Carney are on short-term deals and James Brown, Josh Mitchell and Joey Gibbs are also off contract.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2161666/zane-a-contender-as-jets-consider-options-for-coach/?cs=306

The way Middleby is talking about zane having a career at the club sounds distinctively like he won't be coaching the HAL team next year.

My gut tells me it will be an underwhelming coach like Bridges.

Can't wait for inevitable jets rebuild v236763745884.

leftrightout
20-03-2014, 08:29 AM
The way Middleby is talking about zane having a career at the club sounds distinctively like he won't be coaching the HAL team next year.

They have built the Hunter Expressway quicker than our squad.... how many years have we been rebuilding for now?

Thomas477
20-03-2014, 08:34 AM
Zane can **** right off. Would prefer to see GvE back than him get the gig.

belchardo
20-03-2014, 09:07 AM

interesting, the way I read it was "it's zane's job unless he completely stuffs it up". why would you be having "preliminary" discussions with other coaches and then basically say that the current interim coach has the inside running?

honestly though, I'm more excited about "English veterans Michael Bridges...unlikely to re-sign"

plague
20-03-2014, 09:41 AM
"English veterans Michael Bridges...unlikely to re-sign"

Seriously, this is like one of the top 10 things I have ever heard in my life.
Am thinking of getting this translated into Arabic and getting it tattooed on the inside of my forearm.

parksey
20-03-2014, 09:48 AM

why?

Grimario
20-03-2014, 09:48 AM
honestly though, I'm more excited about "English veterans Michael Bridges...unlikely to re-sign"

Work experience kid doing the edit. No doubt it is meant to say "English veterans Michael Bridges unlikely to resign".

pv4
20-03-2014, 10:11 AM
I quite like Zane tbh. I just question his ability to entice players to come to us. He doesn't have an exceptional CV nor experience.

Release Bridges. Keep the three euro bound kids as long as we can. Get Finkler. Re-sign Griff for life.

Grimario
20-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Release Bridges. Keep the three euro bound kids as long as we can. Get Finkler. Re-sign Griff for life.

This. And if FM is anything to go by (and with joel butchering the Jets stats so they are on par with Man Utd (Moyes Era), it isn't ;)), Griff will become an amazing back room staff member when he retires and in about 5 years time, will be managing in the HAL... so we might as well get ahead of the curve and sign him for 20 years right now.

GazFish35
20-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I quite like Zane tbh. I just question his ability to entice players to come to us. He doesn't have an exceptional CV nor experience.

who in the a-league does?

leftrightout
20-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Work experience kid doing the edit. No doubt it is meant to say "English veterans Michael Bridges unlikely to resign".

:lulz:

plague
20-03-2014, 10:53 AM
who in the a-league does?

The Pissant coach, maybe the dude from Heart (even though he probs won't stay). Maybe Popovic (until the bubble invariably bursts). Maybe Mulvey if you're a young player.

Yes I'm scraping the very bottom of a very empty barrel.

Zico
20-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Is this going to cause problems for the Jets? http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2161527/bank-seizes-tinkler-assets/?cs=303
Must be a concern to all Jets fans but it does give me the shits how only the Knights get mentioned. Typical of the Herald though.

Grimario
20-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Probably because the Knights have a $1 buyout and the Jets don't (only the players do - hence why everything is undisclosed).

Zico
20-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Probably because the Knights have a $1 buyout and the Jets don't (only the players do - hence why everything is undisclosed).
My point is that he is looking like he has gone under so it's got to be of concern to Jets fans.

Grimario
20-03-2014, 11:33 AM
My point is that he is looking like he has gone under so it's got to be of concern to Jets fans.

And my point is smarmy comment, no substance. :gent:

belchardo
20-03-2014, 12:14 PM
The Pissant coach, maybe the dude from Heart (even though he probs won't stay). Maybe Popovic (until the bubble invariably bursts). Maybe Mulvey if you're a young player.

Yes I'm scraping the very bottom of a very empty barrel.

van't schip signed for another 3 years yesterday.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1184574/Van-t-Schip-signs-new-Heart-deal

belchardo
20-03-2014, 12:15 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1184578/Santalab-to-face-hearing-over-Abbas-claims

santalab to front the FFA disciplinary committee on Monday.

plague
20-03-2014, 01:38 PM
van't schip signed for another 3 years yesterday.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1184574/Van-t-Schip-signs-new-Heart-deal

ta for that.
Will be interesting to see what he can do with some petro dollars behind him.

Jeterpool
20-03-2014, 02:07 PM

I'll take a breath, assume you're cranky about our current position and let that one through to the keeper.

Skirt Boy
20-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I'll take a breath, assume you're cranky about our current position and let that one through to the keeper.

It's a good thing we have changed keepers isn't it?

Jeterpool
20-03-2014, 09:07 PM
It's a good thing we have changed keepers isn't it?

I see what you did there...

jim wallis
21-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Zane can **** right off.

coast love him

MFKS
21-03-2014, 10:56 PM
The mere mention of Josip Simunic's name causes the Australian football fan angst. It's not just because of his three-card performance at the World Cup in 2006 or because of his fascist salute to the crowd last year, but the fact that he turned his back on his country of birth to represent that of his ancestry.

His career is on the cusp of ending unceremoniously after he received a 10-match ban for his pro-Nazi salute, and while some Australians will be quietly satisfied with the curtains drawing closed, they should be aware that a far greater player exodus from our shores is just about to occur.

The names Reno Piscipo, Steven Ugarkovic and Milos Degenek might not mean much to Australian football fans today, but in a matter of years they could become a sore point in discussions surrounding the national team. The trio are three of the country's most talented youngsters who have already made the leap abroad. They're among dozens shining in the best youth systems around the world. They have the potential to shine for the Socceroos, but they will likely never wear the green and gold.

For all the professionalism, infrastructure and talent identification that's now part of the game, the player drain of our best youngsters hasn't been stemmed. It's easy to be disappointed seeing defensive midfielder Ugarkovic playing for Croatia's youth team, but it's harder to believe he never appeared in the National Youth League. According to his agent and youth development coach, Andy Bernal, he was deemed persona non grata by A-League clubs after missing out in the filter system of the state and FFA-sanctioned institutes.

"It's no wonder the kid packs up and goes to Croatia if he's been ignored here," Bernal said. "You want to try and identify the best kids, which is a good thing, but for every 20 you identify there might be another 30 that didn't make that year's institutions and what happens to them? If you don't get picked as part of the national talent identification, you don't get selected for the AIS. The system can crush you, there's no second options."

The young stars of the A-League all have similar resumes, years at state institutes of sport, and the best of the bunch graduate from the AIS. Those who miss out on such pathways face a difficult battle to break through and going abroad can be an easier option.

It's the story of Reno Piscipo, perhaps the best Australian youth product since Harry Kewell. The 15-year-old forward was overlooked by FFA and state institutions but now captains the Under-16 team of Inter Milan. To rub more salt in the wounds of those who overlooked him, he is a regular for Gli Azzurri and seen by the Italians as one of the brightest prospects for their national team. His youth coach, Joe De Martino of Genova ISS, says he was never given a chance within the Australian systems.

"No, and this is probably the most disturbing part - boys who come to us at the age of 14 or 15, they've either trialled with the state or in the NTC [National Training Centre], they put themselves on to the radar to be selected and they, for whatever reason, were overlooked," De Martino said.

Blake Ricciuto is one of the many who have looked overseas after failing to break into the youth teams in the A-League. Now at Uruguay giants Penarol, the 21-year-old from Botany in Sydney concedes that if the opportunity to play for the country of his father's birth was to arise, it would be difficult to say no after the chance he was given in Montevideo.

"It's a very tough question. Uruguay, I'd love to play for their national team because the passion is so big here. Also Uruguay and Penarol are giving me a chance to become a professional footballer and I never got looked at to play in the A-League," Ricciuto said. "That said, if the green and gold comes knocking on my door, I could never turn them down."

There's a similar theme across the globe as those who missed out on selection into state programs of the FFA's NTC as teenagers chased their dream abroad. Australian-born Brad Smith at Liverpool has already represented England but didn't progress through the institutes, likewise Ajdin Hrustic at Schalke, who is playing for Bosnia, or Dinamo Zagreb-owned Roko Strika who's inching towards selection for Croatia.

River Plate youth player Gavin De Niese has had no communication from the FFA apart from seeking an international transfer clearance two years ago to finalise his move to the Argentinian powerhouse.

In a matter of weeks he will begin playing in formal youth tournaments once his application for residency is approved. Shortly after, his Irish passport will arrive and it may not be long before the Socceroos find themselves in a three-way tug-of-war for the talented midfielder.

His eyes are focused on playing for Australia but there's no hiding his feeling that his blossoming career has been overlooked by those back home.

"I went overseas to get benefits from the style of other countries and I've been here for so long and I've gotten used to it. But in a way, yeah I do feel that I have been ignored because obviously I'd love to play for Australia," De Niese said.

The FFA's national curriculum has been praised by those in youth development, as has the establishment of the national trianing centres run by member states, but those pathways are not the only route to the top. Players at such a tender age blossom at various ages and many require second chances. If they aren't provided, Simunic could be remembered as a trailblazer.

"You'll never stop the drain of kids wanting to play in Europe but certainly in the A-League, the scouting networks are poor," Bernal said. "A-League clubs are reluctant to look at anyone that is not within an NSWIS, VIS or AIS type of system. If you're not in a system early, then it's a kind of pot-luck [Tom] Rogic-style to have a couple of people who have faith in you.",

lquiquer
21-03-2014, 11:05 PM
UCL draw live now........here we go here we go....PSG: we want Man U.....

lquiquer
21-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Barca - Atletico

lquiquer
21-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Real - Dortmund

Thomas477
21-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Sounds about right. As our players increase, the coaching and ability to see talent needs to improve as well.

lquiquer
PSG - Chelsea....... Yeeeeeess happy with that

Thomas477
Hey lquiquer, wrong thread?

lquiquer
21-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Man U - Bayern Hahahaha good luck Moyes....

joel31
21-03-2014, 11:16 PM
man u too easy

joel31
21-03-2014, 11:16 PM
and this should be in the ucl thread

lquiquer
21-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Hey lquiquer, wrong thread?
don't get technical it's Friday night m8....few beers, few reds and all threads look the same!!!! :hijack::redcard:

Thomas477
21-03-2014, 11:21 PM
don't get technical it's Friday night m8....few beers, few reds and all threads look the same!!!! :hijack::redcard:

Rofl, alright. Just didn't want the last article to get lost in the thread, it's an important one IMO.

lquiquer
21-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Sounds about right. As our players increase, the coaching and ability to see talent needs to improve as well.

^ Agree.... + see previous post in same thread by MFKS

MFKS
24-03-2014, 10:53 PM
This is just pure comedy gold. Always thought this bloke was a bit crazy am certain now

NFI :wacko::what::roflz:

Congratulations Brisbane Roar, who claimed their second minor premiership on the weekend, duly recognised when David Gallop handed over the Premiers Plate against an orange and black backdrop at Suncorp Stadium.

Over 24 rounds Brisbane have been the best team by some distance, and deserve all the plaudits which have come their way.

But they’re not yet champions – that will have to wait until grand final day. And if there’s one team the Roar will be hoping to avoid when the title is decided, it has to be Newcastle Jets, who with three home-and-away rounds to go aren’t yet sure they’ll even be playing in the finals.

But if the Jets do get their wings through the door, then Brisbane have every reason to be nervous. Newcastle have won all three encounters between the two teams this season, including two at Suncorp.
Advertisement

In fact the Jets have lost just twice in 13 trips to Brisbane over the years. They’re the Roar’s bogey team, with a capital B. And in a competition which remains a tipster’s nightmare, who’d be brave enough to dismiss the chances of Newcastle making the grand final, unlikely as it may seem?

The Jets, certainly, made a statement with their biggest-ever win against Wellington Phoenix at the weekend. With just one point separating the two teams at kick-off, the pressure was on – not least because of Newcastle’s woeful home form. But the Jets took off, literally, and when substitute Michael Bridges produced a candidate for goal of the season with the final kick of the game, Newcastle had edged above Sydney FC on goal difference, and into the top six. With two of their last three games at Hunter Stadium, the door to the play-offs is now wide open.

So what’s changed? The coach, most noticeably. Gary van Egmond micro-managed his squad; Clayton Zane is more concerned with the big picture. Pick a team, simplify the game plan, and stick tight.

Zane has always been a phlegmatic character, and becoming a head coach in the A-League a few years ahead of schedule hasn’t fazed him one bit.

Looking across to the technical area and seeing a coach who is so relaxed has calmed down a group of players who have so often looked, and played, like they’re weighed down by expectation.

Newcastle don’t have the best talent in the competition, but they do have decent quality in key areas. Zane has recognised what is his greatest asset – big-game experience – and selected his team accordingly. Old is one way of looking at the starting XI against the Phoenix. Mature is another. That three of those veterans – Joel Griffiths, Bridges and Emile Heskey – were among the goal scorers suggests the big names are ready to produce big performances. Newcastle’s campaign will live or die by their contribution.

What’s particularly instructive is that Zane has ditched all pretence of curriculum football and is instead playing to the strengths of the players he has at his disposal. Van Egmond – an avowed disciple of the FFA’s new curriculum – tinkered endlessly with his selections trying to create a shape, and style, which never really suited the available talent.

Zane has been far more pragmatic, which will displease the evangelists, but so what? Vive la difference and all that.

Thus the long ball is back in fashion, and by withdrawing Heskey to a deeper role, his flick-ons are now finding teammates instead of the byline. Griffiths, Adam Taggart and even David Carney are starting to feed off the big man, who wins virtually everything in the air. In the middle of the pitch, Ruben Zadkovich and Zenon Caravella have less need to over-elaborate and the latter, in particular, has been a man reborn. At the back, Kew Jaliens and Josh Mitchell are keeping things tough and tight, while on the right of defence Josh Brillante is evolving into a promising fullback/wingback in what remains a problem position for the Socceroos. Indeed both Brillante and Taggart may yet sneak onto the plane for Brazil.

There are no guarantees, of course, that the Jets will overcome their greatest weakness – their inconsistency – and maintain their late charge into the finals. They are just as likely to fall in a heap. The Roar, you’d imagine, will be hoping they do just that.

Yet if Newcastle do squeeze into the play-offs, you sense they’ll be more than nuisance value. They’ve already beaten Western Sydney Wanderers, Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory as well as Brisbane, so the finals shouldn’t overawe them. More likely they’ll inspire a group of players who are unlikely to play together after this season to produce once last hurrah. Where that ends is anyone’s guess, but it will be fun hanging on for the ride.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/roar-are-premiers-but-jets-could-be-champions-20140323-hvlvj.html#ixzz2wsOOy8YW

Buddha
24-03-2014, 10:59 PM
This is just pure comedy gold. Always thought this bloke was a bit crazy am certain now

NFI :wacko::what::roflz:

I see what he is doing, bigging us up for once in his journalistic life, putting the monkey on us, making us lose our last 3 games and dropping out of the finals, so Slater and him can fap over Shitney and their customary first round of the finals loss

halo se7en
24-03-2014, 11:02 PM
All it's going to do is start the oh so boring debate about finals v first past the post… EVERY ****ING SEASON!

GazFish35
24-03-2014, 11:19 PM
I see what he is doing, bigging us up for once in his journalistic life, putting the monkey on us, making us lose our last 3 games and dropping out of the finals, so Slater and him can fap over Shitney and their customary first round of the finals loss

Bigging us up?
The whole piece is full of back handed compliments.

militiamon
25-03-2014, 12:01 AM
What's the go with Cockerill writing for smh again? Wasn't he laid off a while back and moved on to write for the FFA?

pv4
25-03-2014, 08:35 AM
I really enjoyed that article. Pretty much how I've seen Zane since coming in. Also, this paragraph really spoke home to me (and I assume broke militia's heart)

What’s particularly instructive is that Zane has ditched all pretence of curriculum football and is instead playing to the strengths of the players he has at his disposal. Van Egmond – an avowed disciple of the FFA’s new curriculum – tinkered endlessly with his selections trying to create a shape, and style, which never really suited the available talent.

MFKS
25-03-2014, 08:50 AM
I really enjoyed that article. Pretty much how I've seen Zane since coming in. Also, this paragraph really spoke home to me (and I assume broke militia's heart)

Probably the biggest difference in our side under GVE and Zane is actually the experience levels in our side. Adding Griff and Carney has not only given us 2 quality players but also bumped up the level of experience in the squad dramatically. Add this to the restoration of Roundabout and Mitchell to the starting XI and we have gone from having one of the youngest least experienced sides in the comp to having one of the oldest most experienced squads almost overnight.

DISCLAIMER - The continual selection of Gallaway and the reasons why are a mystery though.

Matter of fact most of the younger blokes that are involved are actually there cause they are doing the business ie Taggz and Beard and not in the side on potential as GVE had them far too frequently.

No point counting chickens yet that we have turned some corner cause if Zane gets the gig fulltime what direction he goes in is still a mystery. All he has done is remedy a few issues with short term fixes so far

Blackmac79
25-03-2014, 10:03 AM
What's the go with Cockerill writing for smh again? Wasn't he laid off a while back and moved on to write for the FFA?

No longer works for the FFA.

Doing freelance work for both News LTD, and Fairfax.

leftrightout
26-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Harry has retired... a sad say for australian football. Love the bloke!

hawk
26-03-2014, 05:40 PM

i find it more nostalgic, remember when he was good? wd HK

Retro Jet
27-03-2014, 11:28 PM

Lucky I grabbed his signature on my 2003 Eng-a-lund program then last Fart game lol

Still gotta get Emmo's....but I heard he's an Ambassador for the Asian Cup so might see him in Newie in January.

Thomas477
27-03-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm just glad Kewell retired with grace, instead of bouncing from club to club every 6 months.

seldom
28-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Lucky I grabbed his signature on my 2003 Eng-a-lund program then last Fart game lol

Still gotta get Emmo's....but I heard he's an Ambassador for the Asian Cup so might see him in Newie in January.

Really?.....Elmo's would be worth more

Jeterpool
28-03-2014, 07:43 AM

I was thinking the exact same RJ. We could always ask Germarno for Kewell's signature like those kids were.

Blackmac79
28-03-2014, 08:12 AM
On signatures.

A lady I work with is "good friends" with david hill. She mentioned in passing that way back when he gave her a ball signed by the then current socceroos team, which on some investigation turned out to be the team that played in that game vs Iran.

At anyrate yesterday she bought it in and gave it to me. Best gift ever. Perspex box here I come.

baldrick
28-03-2014, 08:36 AM
On signatures.

A lady I work with is "good friends" with david hill. She mentioned in passing that way back when he gave her a ball signed by the then current socceroos team, which on some investigation turned out to be the team that played in that game vs Iran.

At anyrate yesterday she bought it in and gave it to me. Best gift ever. Perspex box here I come.

That's going straight to the pool room

MFKS
28-03-2014, 07:10 PM
On signatures.

And in a few more years time of gathering dust and rising in value straight to a listing on Ebay:pissup:

MFKS
28-03-2014, 09:05 PM
David Davutovic prior to the game tonight was dribbling on about Connor Chapman wanting to get out of his Newy contract for next season

Jeterpool
28-03-2014, 09:42 PM
David Davutovic prior to the game tonight was dribbling on about Connor Chapman wanting to get out of his Newy contract for next season

Hope not

28-03-2014, 09:44 PM

As much as i am not a fan of Mitchell perhaps Chapman could take a leaf out of his book and hard'n the %uc* up and fight to win his spot back if those reports are correct.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:02 PM
As much as i am not a fan of Mitchell perhaps Chapman could take a leaf out of his book and hard'n the %uc* up and fight to win his spot back if those reports are correct.

Fighting to win your spot back is one thing but the bloke was the starter and only dropped out after injury.

Since then hasn't had a look in or been close and has been given the cold shoulder and shafted big time by the club. Mitchell has had several goes and Taylor had his chances. Chapman has had **** all given to him by the coaches

Can fully understand why he may be unhappy

28-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Agree to disagree. How many other players at diff clubs have to win there spot back after time out with injury ?.

It is no longer Gary Day Care and cannot expect to be gifted a spot. If he can't realise that then he still has a long way to go in his football development.

hawk
29-03-2014, 10:08 AM

this. remember when mitchel for a long time was very ordinary and not so long ago, thankfully he's improved to be a reasonable back. Chappy is still working it all out, imo

Jetmaster
29-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Hope he enjoys his time with the Smurfs next season...

militiamon
29-03-2014, 11:57 AM
He still has a year left on his contract yeah?

Disgrace if this gets Middleby'd.

plague
29-03-2014, 12:03 PM
He still has a year left on his contract yeah?

Disgrace if this gets Middleby'd.
What do you mean 'if'?

Expect " we've granted Connor a release so he can explore opportunities elsewhere even if they happen to be teams competing for the same prizes as us. We also felt that even though he is a well regarded lad with a big future there's no point having an unhappy player in the locker room, no matter how valuable an asset he is. Besides, we've received an undisclosed fee for him but I won't announce how much because we don't talk about player issues in public. That is unless it's in regards to publicly embarrassing a club legend then I'm all up in that shit being a tough guy".

/Middleby'd

MFKS
29-03-2014, 12:35 PM
What do you mean 'if'?

Expect " we've granted Connor a release so he can explore opportunities elsewhere even if they happen to be teams competing for the same prizes as us. We also felt that even though he is a well regarded lad with a big future there's no point having an unhappy player in the locker room, no matter how valuable an asset he is. Besides, we've received an undisclosed fee for him but I won't announce how much because we don't talk about player issues in public. That is unless it's in regards to publicly embarrassing a club legend then I'm all up in that shit being a tough guy".

/Middleby'd

Only if he gets it done before the FFA take over the club. You reckon Middleby will keep his job if Tinks goes arse up as expected???

Tommyjet
29-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Mariners not retaining Marcos Flores for next season

plague
29-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Only if he gets it done before the FFA take over the club. You reckon Middleby will keep his job if Tinks goes arse up as expected???

Well when the WSW sales goes through on June 30 a certain former Gypo boss would be out of a job wouldn't he.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Well when the WSW sales goes through on June 30 a certain former Gypo boss would be out of a job wouldn't he.

At the rate Tinklers issues deepen I doubt the FFA won't be running the Jets by the end of April anyway. BEing that the consortium are set to take over at WSW the FFA could easily grant the fast track of the consortiums CEO appointment to get the Gypo out to take over at the Jets

Hunter403
29-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Flores released
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1185347/Flores-shown-the-door-by-Mariners

Thomas477
29-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Attacking Midfielder?
Great technique?
Great passer?
Great vision?
Free agent?
Scores goals?
Sets up goals?

Nah, we'll pass thanks.

plague
29-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Attacking Midfielder?
Great technique?
Great passer?
Great vision?
Free agent?
Scores goals?
Sets up goals?

Nah, we'll pass thanks.

What's his engines like?

parksey
29-03-2014, 03:04 PM
hasn't been good for about 4 years

GazFish35
29-03-2014, 03:23 PM
1. Once was good.
2. Probably past it.
3. Will want more coin than he's worth.

He's red hot as far as our recruitment policy goes.
Expect him to be a jet ASAP.

Pico
29-03-2014, 03:43 PM
1. Once was good.
2. Probably past it.
3. Will want more coin than he's worth.

He's red hot as far as our recruitment policy goes.
Expect him to be a jet ASAP.
4. Has knee issues

Will be signed, on marquee wages too

belchardo
29-03-2014, 04:01 PM
As if we're going to be paying anybody marquee wages next year.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Blokes advocating the signing of some bloke who's character is such that he would play for that rabble of shite on the Coast.:banghead::wtf:

Same bloke has done nothing in his career except have half a decent season 4 years ago also

Pico
29-03-2014, 05:24 PM
As if we're going to be paying anybody marquee wages next year.

I never said anything about paying anybody. :tongue:

pv4
29-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Git farked, all of you.

Flores was fxxxing brilliant this year for CCM. He was played out of position and wasn't the most effective at MV, granted, but he is a top HAL attacking mid that we would be absolutely mental not to enquire about.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Git farked, all of you.

Flores was fxxxing brilliant this year for CCM. He was played out of position and wasn't the most effective at MV, granted, but he is a top HAL attacking mid that we would be absolutely mental not to enquire about.

How the **** did I know when I seen that you were the last to reply to this thread that you post would be to criticise anyone bagging a gypo and then to lay praise on a Gypo for being the greatest thing since sliced bread??:whistling:

Jetmaster
29-03-2014, 08:15 PM
There are good Gypos who repent their sins.....Sash, Spencer et al.

Thomas477
29-03-2014, 08:36 PM
There are good Gypos who repent their sins.....Sash, Spencer et al.

Bout it really?

joel31
30-03-2014, 05:09 PM
would rather Finkler than him

Thomas477
30-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Tbh I'd take either, but it won't happen.

KUTGW Robbie.

GazFish35
30-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Bet we announce we are in talks with Harry.

belchardo
30-03-2014, 08:09 PM
Bet we announce we are in talks with Harry.

Will be named as coach.

belchardo
31-03-2014, 09:13 AM
anybody know what's going on with santalab's disciplinary hearing?

De-Champ
31-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Has been postponed/heard on Wednesday night

hawk
31-03-2014, 10:28 AM
anybody know what's going on with santalab's disciplinary hearing?

still waiting for Ali to stop the hissy fit

halo se7en
31-03-2014, 05:25 PM
They're waiting for the season to be over so it doesn't affect WSW's chances of winning the comp.

Jeterpool
04-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Boo-urns retires and Dodd released from Perth

Jeterpool
04-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Has been postponed/heard on Wednesday night

Still no word?

joel31
04-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Boo-urns retires
good riddance

De-Champ
05-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Still no word?

decision next week apparently.

Hunter403
05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Boo-urns retires and Dodd released from Perth

I guess that means we will look to sign them both....

militiamon
06-04-2014, 11:57 AM
So we could have signed Petratos instead of Gibbs?

Football agent Tony Rallis remembers pitching Dimitri Petratos to several A-League clubs, only to hear the same answer over and again.

“I spoke to Newcastle, Perth and Wellington about him. They all agreed he had talent but none of them were really that interested,” he said. “Let’s be honest, they had a perception he was a bad apple.”

The lingering stain on Petratos’ character came from a training-ground bust up with Sydney FC goalkeeping coach Zeljko Kalac in December 2012. Having just turned 20, and frustrated by his stalling progress at Sydney, Petratos gave the former Socceroo a mouthful. There would only be one winner in that battle.

Never before had the shy, introverted lad caused trouble but it created enough friction for the club and player to part company.

He went to Malaysia for six months, playing for Kelantan FA, a fair step down from the A-League. When he sought a return, however, he was considered damaged goods.

Rallis had been in contact with the player and his family for years but only socially. Taking him on as a client meant cold calls to reluctant coaches, until Brisbane Roar coach Mike Mulvey picked up the phone.

“Mike was the only one who took me at my word that what happened at Sydney was out of character,” he said. “At the end of the call, he said 'I hear what you’re saying, now let me do my own research'. I was confident because Mike is like [Central Coast manager] Phil Moss, Ange Postecoglou and Graham Arnold. They’re the best judges of character. They see the man, not just the player.”

His impact at the Roar this season has shocked those who had already made up their minds. Petratos has forced his way into the first team, scoring five goals in 23 games, and setting up countless more.

His revenge against Sydney FC was spectacular: a hat-trick at Allianz Stadium in front of his friends and family as Brisbane won 5-2.

On Saturday at Parramatta Stadium – a short drive from the unit he recently purchased for his family – Petratos will shoulder the attacking burden for the Roar given Besart Berisha’s suspension.

“I never doubted he had the talent. He can play right, left, striker or attacking midfield. He’s got two feet, a great shot and he works his backside off,” Rallis said. “We’re talking about the next Robbie Kruse here.”

Mulvey said the youngster’s application won him the initial contract and has seen him rise from fringe member to key player.

“The first thing is that we did our due diligence. Then we asked him on a trial period and he was willing to come,” he said on Friday. “From the moment he walked in the door, he was a credit to himself and his family. He acted like a professional that wanted to seize the opportunity, which he’s done with both hands.”

Even the coach was surprised by how the season unfolded for the forward.

“If you’d have picked that he’d be a critical player for us, so close to the finals, given the squad we have, you’d have been drawing a fairly long bow,” Mulvey said. “But it seems the more we play him, the better he gets. He’s lifting every week.”

Mulvey said there was plenty more to come, too, given the raw talent on offer.

“When he first arrived, he’d take 20 touches of the ball and then pass. It was a too much. We’ve limited that and he’s thinking quicker,” he said. “He’s listening to our advice, he’s fitting in and there’s no question he’s found a happy place in Brisbane.”

It is a little known fact that Petratos was offered a trial at a Dutch Eredivisie side in the middle of this season. The player and his agent knocked it back.

“His contract isn’t worth that much but, right now, Brisbane is where he needs to be so there’s no point in him thinking about leaving already,” Rallis said. “That’s why he’s signed a new deal. He’s not only got Mike as coach but has mentors in Jade North, Matt Smith and Shane Stefanutto. They have created a brilliant culture. He’s in the right place.”

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/dimitri-petratos-a-rising-star-in-aleague-with-brisbane-roar-20140404-zqqxp.html

Smeltz, Crespo, Petratos, Griff (last season), ffs.

Thomas477
06-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Nah guys, Robbie knows what he's doing.

He is an expert in running a club into the ground remember.

06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Don't know about running it into the ground, more like has already ran it into the ground.

AlPaca
06-04-2014, 03:59 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-nathan-tinkler-wants-to-sell-the-newcastle-jets-to-save-his-knights-ownership/story-fni3fh9n-1226875453196

The Dunster
06-04-2014, 06:10 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/whats-the-buzz-nathan-tinkler-wants-to-sell-the-newcastle-jets-to-save-his-knights-ownership/story-fni3fh9n-1226875453196

Sell the team with a financial future to keep the NRL team that's been a financial disaster for over 26 years. Well played.

Given the interest around for a few of our contracted players I don't think Tinks would be in any hurry to sell the Jets just yet.

Although, you'd be foolish to accept anything from that rag of a newspaper as gospel.

hawk
06-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Sell the team with a financial future to keep the NRL team that's been a financial disaster for over 26 years. Well played.

Given the interest around for a few of our contracted players I don't think Tinks would be in any hurry to sell the Jets just yet.

Although, you'd be foolish to accept anything from that rag of a newspaper as gospel.

gonna happen. sooner the better

russjaybee
07-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Wouldn't want Petratos anyway, looks like a knob.

hawk
07-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't want Petratos anyway, looks like a knob.

smells like a knob

Jetmaster
07-04-2014, 10:38 PM
...and does like a knob.

front2
07-04-2014, 11:11 PM

Then again what is wrong with selling a business that has links to Asia in which you can buy and sell personnel and be close to rich resources of the earth.

pv4
09-04-2014, 10:15 AM
From The Herald

Darren Stewart ruled out of Jets coaching job
By JAMES GARDINER April 8, 2014, 10:45 p.m.

DARREN Stewart is out of contention for the head coaching job at the Jets after chief executive Robbie Middleby confirmed that the Newcastle-born former Socceroo had turned down an offer of an interview.

Stewart was on a shortlist of potential candidates for the position which includes interim coach Clayton Zane.

A Singaporean newspaper The New Paper, yesterday reported that Stewart, who is in his first season at Singapore club Woodlands Wellington, had knocked back a deal to return to his home-town club worth ‘‘ten times’’ his current wage.

Middleby said Stewart had been approached but rejected claims that the former Newcastle Breakers defender had been offered the position.

‘‘We gave Darren Stewart the opportunity to come over and be interviewed,’’ Middleby said.

‘‘He is one of a number of candidates that we had identified.

‘‘Darren didn’t come over for that interview because of his current contract situation in Singapore.

‘‘There was no offer of a job and no talk about money. Just an opportunity to come over to be interviewed.’’

The Jets provided the Newcastle Herald with what they say is proof that Stewart was approached for an interview, as opposed to a solid job offer.

The Herald reported in November that the 47-year-old, who has been based in South East Asia for the 15years as a player and coach, had been sounded out by the Jets as speculation mounted over the future of then coach Gary van Egmond.

Van Egmond was sacked in January. Clayton Zane was appointed in a caretaker role and had been considered the leading candidate for the full-time position.

The Jets host Adelaide in a season-defining final-round game at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

They sit seventh, three points adrift of Sydney FC.

To make the six they need to beat the Reds and have Perth defeat Sydney at Allianz Stadium on Sunday and also turnaround the Sky Blues’ three-goal advantage in goal difference.

Middleby conceded that the timing of the Stewart newspaper report was not ideal but said Zane was comfortable with the situation.

‘‘We have contacted a number of potential candidates,’’ Middleby said.

‘‘Clayton is comfortable with the way it is being handled.

‘‘We will sit down at the end of the season and conduct a review of every aspect of the club – staff, players the whole lot.

‘‘Clayton is still very much in contention and regardless of the outcome he will be at the club.’’

Middleby said there was no time frame on making an appointment.

‘‘We need to get the right person. That is why we are going through a lengthy process,’’ he said.

‘‘That is not saying we haven’t got the right person but we need to interview everyone to make sure.’’

In the article which carried the headline ‘‘STEWART REJECTS A-LEAGUE JOB’’ Stewart was quoted as saying it was a ‘‘tough decision’’ to knock back the offer.

‘‘I went away for a couple of days and realised walking out on a commitment is not me.

‘‘I’ve never put money before a contract.’’

Stewart took the reins at Woodlands in January after being let go by Balestier Khalsa, despite leading them to the S League Cup.

Woodlands suffered their first loss of the season on Thursday, going down 1-0 to Warriors in round six of the S-League.

If they're serious about pursuing a potential coach, should they not be going to him?

joel31
09-04-2014, 11:13 AM
stewart is probably a fair bit cheaper than Okon or someone like that

GazFish35
09-04-2014, 11:28 AM
if we arent chasing Klopp, or Vaan Gaal.....or Wenger we should be looking at the nationalpremierleague. id rather the gig go to an up and commer than a hone comer.

Brian Brown at Bonnyrigg was being touted a while back.

anyone know anymore about him?

belchardo
09-04-2014, 11:44 AM
good actor.

09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Mixes a mean cocktail

De-Champ
09-04-2014, 01:27 PM
The same Brian Brown....from South Melbourne in the old NSL..???

Grimario
09-04-2014, 01:34 PM
The same Brian Brown....from South Melbourne in the old NSL..???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Brown_(football_coach)

MFKS
09-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Perth Glory are set to smash the Australian football transfer record with the impending sale of 17-year-old Daniel De Silva to Italian giants AS Roma that could land the West Australian club up to $2.5 million in transfer fees.

The youngster is on the cusp of sealing a move to the Italian capital that could potentially be worth almost double the previous transfer record set by Rostyn Griffiths' $1.3 million move from Central Coast Mariners to Guangzhou R&F in 2012.

Sources told Fairfax Media that Perth Glory are in the final stages of negotiations with Roma for the sale of De Silva, which could be confirmed this week. It's understood De Silva has agreed to personal terms with the Serie A title contenders and the two clubs are formalising minor details relating to various clauses in the deal.

Perth Glory will likely receive more than $500,000 immediately as part of the deal and could stand to earn up to five times that figure depending on certain clauses such as appearances, performances and on-sale fees. As De Silva is only 17, he will remain in the A-League with Perth Glory for the remainder of this season and next before moving after his 18th birthday in March to commence his career under the guidance of Roma coach Rudi Garcia. It is not yet known if he will then train with Roma's youth or senior team.

De Silva became the youngest ever player to sign for Perth Glory when he joined a month before his 16th birthday last year after failing to seal a move to Everton due to visa complications. He captured the attention of several European clubs with a well taken goal and a man-of-the-match performance in Australia's 1-1 draw with Colombia during the under-17 FIFA World Cup in Turkey last year. Italian club Catania were understood to have come close to signing him last year but his family rejected the offer.

Meanwhile, ANZ Stadium could host an A-League Sydney derby for the first time after Football Federation of Australia confirmed its intentions of hosting a potential finals clash between Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers at the city's largest venue.

Western Sydney have sealed their passage to the finals while the Sky Blues are on the cusp of securing a top-six finish. Both teams could face-off in a sudden death as early as next weekend.

There are still no assurances for final standings between second and sixth positions on the ladder and the scheduling for the opening round of the finals series remains wide open. Should the Wanderers slip from second to third and Sydney retain sixth position, the two clubs will meet.

“The ... finals series are the premium matches on the calendar and we would like to play the games in the best stadiums to give as many people as possible the chance to experience the unique atmosphere," De Bohun said. "We have the option of playing at ANZ Stadium but the finals series is a very complex picture."

Can someone explain to me how you could get this over the line???

$1.3 million for that bloke:roflz:

joel31
09-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Can someone explain to me how you could get this over the line???

$1.3 million for that bloke:roflz:
Middleby's chinese cousin?

Premy
10-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Santalab Has been found not guilty due to lack of evidence.

Pico
10-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Santalab Has been found not guilty due to lack of evidence.

Is anyone really surprised by that, sif they would find one of their own guilty, imagine the PR nightmare and right in the middle of trying to sell the club

Grimario
10-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Was always going to happen. If you are going to abuse someone, just make sure you are off camera and then say "I didn't do it". Off without punishment every time.

q-money
10-04-2014, 12:52 PM
the ffa's boyz get away with it again

belchardo
10-04-2014, 12:58 PM
complete load of bull.

abbas heard it, another Sydney player heard it, why isn't that enough evidence?

belchardo
10-04-2014, 01:01 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1186402/Santalab-escapes-sanction

The vilification case against Western Sydney Wanderers striker Brendon Santalab was dismissed on Thursday, with the independent Football Federation Australia (FFA) Disciplinary Committee citing lack of proof as a key factor in its decision.

Santalab was alleged to have made racial comments towards Sydney FC's Ali Abbas during a heated derby match at Allianz Stadium on 8 March.

Both Santalab and Abbas, who claimed he was the victim of slurs against his culture and religion, fronted a protracted hearing that began on Monday 17 March to present their sides of the story.

The hearing resumed last Thursday, 3 April, with the Disciplinary Committee adjourning to reach a verdict.

Santalab, who has consistently denied racially abusing Abbas, faced a potential five-week ban if found guilty.

"Brendon Santalab accepted that Ali Abbas genuinely believed that the offensive word had been used and did not challenge the fact that Ali Abbas believed he had been the subject of racial abuse," read an FFA statement. "Having regard to the circumstances surrounding the incident particularly the undisputed high noise levels and in the absence of other eyewitness or corroborative evidence, it was possible that Ali Abbas may have misheard what was said by Brendon Santalab.

"Therefore the Committee was not satisfied to the necessary standard of proof that the offending words were used by Brendon Santalab and dismissed the matter."

Santalab will this week take his place for the Wanderers, who play Melbourne Heart at AAMI Park in what will be Harry Kewell's last match.

Abbas's Sydney FC is looking to guarantee its place in the finals and possibly secure a top four finish, at home to Perth Glory.

Grimario
10-04-2014, 01:08 PM
How the ****? Corey Gameiro tweeted after the game "can't believe what I heard out there. #SAYNOTORACISM" or similar. Guess that was ignored if there was no corroborative evidence.

plague
10-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Obviously Abbas isn't as credible as Patrice Evra.

belchardo
10-04-2014, 01:25 PM
How the ****? Corey Gameiro tweeted after the game "can't believe what I heard out there. #SAYNOTORACISM" or similar. Guess that was ignored if there was no corroborative evidence.

but it was really noisy.

Grimario
10-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Must have been for two people to completely mishear some racial vilification.

GazFish35
10-04-2014, 07:36 PM
"You're so slim you must eat carob"

You can only assume after what Abbas has said the words Arab, Muslim and maybe Iraqi were heard.

Maybe "carob dipped shiitake mushrooms" were mentioned.

FFS what can you say on a football filed that can be misheard as "Arab" or "Muslim"

hawk
10-04-2014, 07:48 PM
the ffa's boyz get away with it again

not like he raped anyone :blush:

seldom
11-04-2014, 01:06 AM
how bout these cvnts harden the fvck up !

Jetmaster
11-04-2014, 08:52 AM
how bout these cvnts harden the fvck up !

This - sticks and stones, two sides to every story and all that.

Many years ago I remember Greg Chappell putting a case forward that a Pakistani player yelled at him with the F word several times when he was dismissed, caught on the boundary.

Paki counter claim was they were yelling out the players name....."Faqi, Faqi, got him Faqi".

Pico
11-04-2014, 09:03 AM
SOCCER SEVENS: $1.4M CARROT FOR A-LEAGUE’S VERSION OF BIG BASH

SUPER goals from outside the box worth two points. Power plays where goalkeepers are benched. Even female players mixing it with the boys.

These are some of the initiatives in a $1.4 million Soccer Sevens format devised to help the A-League combat abbreviated forms of rival sports. While football purists are loath to embrace change, their sport remains the only major Australian code without a shortened version at the top level.

The first steps toward closing that gap were taken on Tuesday, when representatives from Sports Events Australia met with FFA boss David Gallop to outline the concept. We got a sneak peak of the presentation, which envisages a weekend tournament involving all 10 A-League teams. Matches would run for 10 minutes a half and be played on full-sized fields, with teams split into two pools.

The three highest-ranked teams from pool stages would progress to a six-team finals series on the Sunday evening.

The creators are confident a $1.4 million prize pool can be generated through a tourism model based on this year’s successful NRL Auckland Nines tournament.

In effect, the tournament is tendered to a host city, possibly Adelaide or Gold Coast, whose local council provides financial support in return for publicity and revenue from travelling fans.

Tuesday’s pitch asked Gallop to consider a festive season time frame to give the A-League an answer to cricket’s Big Bash, which was a resounding ratings winner
last summer.

While receptive to the idea, Gallop said he would prefer a pre-season slot.

“While it’s not a new idea and there would be some difficulties placing the tournament in our crowded season, any event where fans got the chance to see their players and teams is worth looking at it,’’ he said. “We’ll keep an open mind.”

Not a fan of this mid season, but as a pre or post season thing why not. Can't go wrong with more football.

Personally I'd rather see Beach Football or Futsal getting a bit of a run. Beach Football in particular if they are intent on having it during the season during summer.

GazFish35
11-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Might be a way to have the league take a few weeks off over the really hot part of the year..... But the Xmas holidays help crowds. Pre season would be best but who would let them go to this when not properly physically prepared.... Smaller pitches would be better, play across the pitch, full size goals, two games at once.

Gimmick football though. 11v11 is exciting enough.

7 v 7 on a full field would be crap.

Beach football would be much better, all clubs are on the coast anyway.

parksey
11-04-2014, 10:59 AM
wtf kind of an idea is that?

MFKS
11-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Should be six aside as the reigning Singapore Sixers Champs we would have a tactical headstart on our rivals we would blow in about 13 mins

Blackmac79
11-04-2014, 11:49 AM
nope. fark off.

Jeterpool
11-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Should be six aside as the reigning Singapore Sixers Champs we would have a tactical headstart on our rivals we would blow in about 13 mins

You reckon we will return to defend our title??

plague
11-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Stupid idea.
If they wanted to be more like the Big Bash then play 11 v 11 and give 'em cricket bats.

Middleby would be all for it though cause he'd only need to not cock up 7 contracts.

Jetmaster
11-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Cricket fans don't watch Big Bash, bogans do.

Same for "Sockah Sevenz".

Enough football to watch as it is.

belchardo
11-04-2014, 02:08 PM
djite: Abbas must have misheard cause crowds in Sydney much louder than those @ Anfield & cause English isnt his 1st language.#MyOpinion (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MyOpinion&src=hash) #Disgusted (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Disgusted&src=hash)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1186480/Djite-slams-Santalab-decision

Beeen
11-04-2014, 02:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMx0urwVRo

Just set this up Dave. :lulzturtle:

pv4
11-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Personally I'd rather see 1.4m go to HAL Expansion and/or grassroots.

MFKS
11-04-2014, 05:16 PM

I would rather 1.4 million went to a decent technical director for the FFA not the useless twits they employ or better yet was spent subsidising coaching/refereeing courses to get more people qualified for less

WolfMan
11-04-2014, 07:07 PM
nope. fark off.

I was trying to decide how I would respond. This sums it up perfectly

Pico
12-04-2014, 05:51 PM

You do realise this idea has no involvement by the FFA other than sanction the event promoter to use the clubs and create the tournament window in the football schedule. The FFA is not fronting any cash, I'd say they would get some sort of kick back from the event promoter though, they are not reallocating any youth, grass roots or development funding, the promoter takes on the financial risk and rewards,. If anything the FFA would have additional TV content to sell to help fund all those things and then you have the winner potentially getting some cash, something new considering clubs get no such rewards for winning the championship or premiership.

joel31
13-04-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't like that big bash idea at all

Jetmaster
13-04-2014, 05:45 PM
A Jets signing if ever I saw one...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/huysegems-on-a-league-radar-after-split-with--nix/89785

leftrightout
13-04-2014, 07:59 PM
A Jets signing if ever I saw one...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/huysegems-on-a-league-radar-after-split-with--nix/89785

Please don't let this happen. Was horrible first season scored a few this year but all in all do not rate him!

joel31
13-04-2014, 08:05 PM
We shouldn't sign anyone til Griff has a new contract

GazFish35
13-04-2014, 08:33 PM
We shouldn't sign anyone (but griff) until we sign a manager.

13-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Please don't let this happen. Was horrible first season scored a few this year but all in all do not rate him!

This. was disgraceful last season and although he scored some this season some more sitters went begging.

Grimario
14-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Taggart blast: missing the six “completely unacceptable!”

Adam Taggart has labelled Newcastle's failure to reach the Hyundai A-League finals as “completely unacceptable” and says the players and club need to be accountable for the situation.

Jets were consigned to seventh spot and a fourth straight season without finals football after Sydney FC beat Perth 2-1 on Sunday to secure the last play-off position.

It brought to a close a frustrating campaign for the Hunter club, which at times promised a lot but ultimately, fell short of being a success.

As the club immediately begin a post-mortem of their season, a disappointed Taggart says they simply have to be better in every department next season.

"There's six teams that go into the finals every year and very few that miss out so for us to miss the finals for four seasons in a row is completely unacceptable for the whole fan base and town," he told www.footballaustralia.com.au on Monday.

"For us players it's something we really need to have a good look at ourselves and understand what kind of club we want to be.

"We want to be a top four club every single year and a finals team every year.

"That's why you play in the A-League to play in the finals. That's the motivation that gets you through the whole season.”

Taggart, who scored 16 goals for the season to finish with the A-League's golden-boot, believes the side's "strange inconsistency" was a major contributor in missing the finals.

Newcastle always managed to pick up results against tops sides like Brisbane, Western Sydney and Melbourne Victory but often struggled with teams around them on the ladder.

"We beat all the top teams, including Brisbane three times, yet teams like Perth we were struggling to get results," the 20-year-old said.

"That's something that just can't happen.

"If your beating the top sides you have to keep that motivation and consistency when you're playing the so-called bottom sides, at your home ground especially.

"Personally it was great just to play some consistent first-team football. The golden boot's lovely but it would have been even better to make the finals and really try and carry this campaign on even longer."

Taggart's outstanding season saw him rewarded with Jets' Member's Player of the Year award at the club's presentation on Saturday night.

The versatile Josh Brillante won the Player of the Year gong, ahead of Taggart and defender Kew Jaliens.

"We don't have a lot of time to sit and dwell on it now, it's about preparing for next season individually and as a team,” the Socceroo striker added.

“We have to do all we can in the off-season and make sure it doesn't happen again next year."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/taggart-blast--missing-the-six-%E2%80%9Ccompletely-unacceptable!%E2%80%9D/89834

Thomas477
14-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Nah, it's not the club's fault. Not as if they hire the coach and coaching staff. Who the common denominator over the past 3-4 years?

Also good to see he gives a shit.

pv4
14-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Nah, it's not the club's fault. Not as if they hire the coach and coaching staff. Who the common denominator over the past 3-4 years?

BK?

No wait - Bridges. The last time we made the Finals was Feb 2010, the end of the 09-10 season. In July 2010, Bridges was named captain of the team.

We have not made the Finals Series since Bridges was named captain.

http://ct.fra.bz/i60/5/12/8/f_8321a8380c.jpg

Grimario
14-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Also...

James Gardiner ‏@JamesGardiner42 3m
Jets ceo Robbie Middleby confirms they have interviewed 3 potential coaches and also contacted Graham Arnold. More @newcastleherald tomorrow

BodyNovo
14-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Taggart blast: missing the six “completely unacceptable!”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/taggart-blast--missing-the-six-%E2%80%9Ccompletely-unacceptable!%E2%80%9D/89834

this is the best bit of pr i have read all season since griff re signed

f**k the weekly shit about the team trying really hard and stuff.

if you f**k up admit it and say ya going to do better.

plague
14-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah I just checked twitter re:the Arnie rumours and it was from Middlebys genuine twitter account:

@seriouslyyouguyseverythinggoodismydecisionbutallt hebadbitsarethatjerktroypalmersfault

MFKS
14-04-2014, 04:57 PM
what price Griff has told him to say that to be like Griff

****ing taggz to be coronated as the heir to griff very soon

hawk
15-04-2014, 10:18 AM
The mining tycoon's control of the Knights is under threat, and the Herald has been told that a consultant has been engaged to sell the Jets. nh

Inevitably we are/will be finally up for sale again. best way to find a buyer is come last and approach rich o/s clubs or win the comp.
narh lets be 7th every year

Jeterpool
15-04-2014, 10:53 AM
I agree we will be sold, hopefully during the off season. The Jets are realistically one of the last assets he has that are worth ANY sort of value - 7th or not.