PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

MFKS
23-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Newcastle are so much like Spurs, Gunners and Scousers..........It's always "Yeah aiming for the title.......then it's missing a few players due to injury............then it's well we are rebuilding........Next year will be our year"

Repear for a few decades.

No we are not. Those clubs are capable of getting into the Top 6 in their League we ain't

We are more like Aston Villa Newcastle UK and Sunderland potential to do something but always achieve nothing

Premy
23-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Wellington looking good against Westham, up 2-0, Burns playing a No9 roll doing a top job.

leftrightout
24-07-2014, 09:00 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2438318/uncertainty-over-jets-sponsor-as-receivers-called-in/?cs=303

Hahaha oh my!

MFKS
24-07-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2438318/uncertainty-over-jets-sponsor-as-receivers-called-in/?cs=303

Hahaha oh my!

Just another day.

Tinks has came through bigger issues than that one

leftrightout
24-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Tinks should open his own insolvancy accounting firm, then the money would just go around and around in a cycle!

Pico
24-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Stubbins pleased with flash of Steele
By CRAIG KERRY
July 23, 2014, 10 p.m.

NEW attacking weapon Jonny Steele and the Newcastle Jets’ young talent on both sides impressed as the A-League team opened their pre-season trials with an intra-club match at Weston last night.

The senior Jets defeated their youth team 3-1 but it was under-20 talent that scored all four goals.

Former Western Sydney Wanderer Josh Barresi scored twice for the seniors in the first half, pouncing on a poor pass in defence in the 10th minute and tapping in a rebound off goalkeeper John Solari in the 33rd. Mitch Oxborrow made it 3-0 in the 38th minute of the 70-minute match after meeting a cross from fellow youth league player Brandon Lundy.

The Jets’ second team hit back inside a minute when Luke Willard made a similar run into the box and scored off a Nick Cowburn cross.

The trial was the first Jets game under new coach Phil Stubbins, who was pleased with the intense yet injury-free contest.

‘‘It was a really good hit-out for both teams and I think we’re going to see more of it,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘It was a really good test. I think the 70 minutes was a good blow-out for us. There’s lots off things to work on.

‘‘To witness the introduction of playing three at the back, I think we can work on and build from. It was good.’’

Former Northern Ireland international Steele played the second half and was the main attraction, showing glimpses of his speed and skill down the left touch line.

‘‘He showed some flashes,’’ Stubbins said of Steele, who arrived in Newcastle only last weekend. ‘‘There’s a long way to go in terms of communication back and forth and what we actually want from him, but there’s some good performances there.

‘‘Mitch Oxborrow and Josh Barresi got the goals, two of the young ones, so that was good as well. All in all, I’d say it was a very good night.’’

Stubbins said Cowburn was ‘‘very good’’ in a impressive effort from the youth team.Joel Griffiths, Taylor Regan, Ben Kantarovski and Oxborrow played the entire match for the senior team.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2438312/stubbins-pleased-with-flash-of-steele/?cs=306

Good to see Griff played the full game, can't wait to see him tearing the league up again with a full pre-season.

Bit of a concern that we still haven't got the VISA approved for Hannah, missing a lot of the pre-season.

leftrightout
24-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Good to see Griff played the full game, can't wait to see him tearing the league up again with a full pre-season.

Bit of a concern that we still haven't got the VISA approved for Hannah, missing a lot of the pre-season.

Its a shame he isnt here yet but there is still just less than 3 months until the season starts. They were saying he should arrive in the next fortnight so he should get around 2 months of preseason.

BodyNovo
24-07-2014, 09:35 AM
not really worried about him not being present, heskey in his first season rocked up 2 weeks before the seasons started and was solid from the get go in his first season.

we probably have one of (if not) the longest off-season in world football. if he gets a solid 2 months him, i think he will be fine.

leftrightout
24-07-2014, 10:13 AM
James Brown scored his first goal for City, they beat Bolton reserves 5-1.
No doubt he will bang them in for fun this season!

Premy
24-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Thinking out loud, if we're going to play 3 at the back I'm a little concerned at the number of center backs we have. Seeing Stubbins praise Cowburn suggest he maybe used and I guess Kantarovski or Gallagher could fill in if needed but I feel another CB would be handy if we're going with 3 at the back.

lil_masi
24-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Thinking out loud, if we're going to play 3 at the back I'm a little concerned at the number of center backs we have. Seeing Stubbins praise Cowburn suggest he maybe used and I guess Kantarovski or Gallagher could fill in if needed but I feel another CB would be handy if we're going with 3 at the back.

We've already got 4 CB in the squad

Premy
24-07-2014, 10:47 AM
We've already got 4 CB in the squad
So say 1 CB is injured another gets suspended or 2 are injured at the same time?

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 10:54 AM
So say 1 CB is injured another gets suspended or 2 are injured at the same time?

I'll get crucified for this but Gallaway was originally played as a CB too..

borat
24-07-2014, 11:01 AM

3 at the back doesn't mean they are all going to be CB's. The back 3 needs to be mobile to cover the additional space and push forward when in possession. I would think that Neville and Kantarovski would spend time in the back 3.

This is the formation that was used by a number of teams at the world cup, Netherlands used it against Spain, and seems to be popular at the moment. Hoping its something Stubbins is tinkering with as an option rather than rusted on

front2
24-07-2014, 11:40 AM
Wellington looking good against Westham, up 2-0, Burns playing a No9 roll doing a top job.

Toronto FC 1 Tottenham 2. 2nd half . live on ESPN followed by live. Sporting Kansas City v Manchester City

MFKS
24-07-2014, 11:49 AM
3 at the back doesn't mean they are all going to be CB's. The back 3 needs to be mobile to cover the additional space and push forward when in possession. I would think that Neville and Kantarovski would spend time in the back 3.

This is the formation that was used by a number of teams at the world cup, Netherlands used it against Spain, and seems to be popular at the moment. Hoping its something Stubbins is tinkering with as an option rather than rusted on
Just cause they are saying 3 at the back doesn't mean it will be 3 defenders only. Wing Backs may spend most of the time actually covering the fullback role and basically 5 at the back

plague
24-07-2014, 12:31 PM

and then what if the sky fell in for real all at the same time and GAHHHHH IM OFF TO STOCK UP ON TINNED FOOD AND BOTTLED WATER!!!!!!!!

Premy
24-07-2014, 12:51 PM
and then what if the sky fell in for real all at the same time and GAHHHHH IM OFF TO STOCK UP ON TINNED FOOD AND BOTTLED WATER!!!!!!!!
Hit up PV4's mate Hutcho I hear his got a good stockpile.

Speaking of WLG what's the story with his avatar?

Bon
24-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Hit up PV4's mate Hutcho I hear his got a good stockpile.

:lulzturtle:

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 01:09 PM

Good call. Member, update on the selection process please.

plague
24-07-2014, 01:40 PM

Excellent point.
Carn Member, sort it out.

MFKS
24-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Excellent point.
Carn Member, sort it out.

See WLG AVATAR THREAD

Tommyjet
24-07-2014, 06:34 PM
James Brown scored his first goal for City, they beat Bolton reserves 5-1.
No doubt he will bang them in for fun this season!

Scored another one in an earlier trial

Tommyjet
24-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Just cause they are saying 3 at the back doesn't mean it will be 3 defenders only. Wing Backs may spend most of the time actually covering the fullback role and basically 5 at the back
Neville spent a fair bit of time at centre back for Perth one season. Same year he spent some time as captain.

plague
24-07-2014, 06:47 PM
See WLG AVATAR THREAD

Great choice.
Well in mate.

Jeterpool
28-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Toohey in the paper yesterday (essentially) - Contract agreed with Jets and Paartalu but Thai club are playing hardball and the FFA are now getting involved.

leftrightout
28-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Toohey in the paper yesterday (essentially) - Contract agreed with Jets and Paartalu but Thai club are playing hardball and the FFA are now getting involved.

I assume because we would want him from beginning of season and they wont want to let him go for obvious reasons!
This will be interesting, the club trying to do to someone else what other clubs seem to do easily to us, take an important contracted player away!

Jeterpool
28-07-2014, 09:07 AM
I assume because we would want him from beginning of season and they wont want to let him go for obvious reasons!
This will be interesting, the club trying to do to someone else what other clubs seem to do easily to us, take an important contracted player away!

I think you're right. And if we're trying to get him for the start it's a good thing to see we've started to stand up and not take no as an answer.

BodyNovo
28-07-2014, 09:13 AM
hopefully the club has learnt from the Nathan burns incident last December, when they wanted to keep him and couldn't.

the good thing is we have a lot of time.

pessimist
28-07-2014, 11:49 AM
hopefully the club has learnt....

club doesnt learn

The Special One
28-07-2014, 12:36 PM
club doesnt learn

I'll show you learning. Before I come back, my club, it spend 50 million on shit players. Now we charge 50 million for shit players. It is good.

MFKS
28-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Central Coast Mariners have strengthened their goalkeeping stocks for the Hyundai A-League 2014-15 season by signing a pre-contract agreement with former custodian Matthew Nash for a period of two years.

Nash, who was a member of the Mariners’ squad under Lawrie McKinna from 2008 to 2009, will re-join the yellow and navy in September following the completion of his commitments with Bonnyrigg White Eagles in the 2014 National Premier Leagues New South Wales competition.

The 33-year-old custodian has played with four Hyundai A-League clubs in the past, commencing life in Australia’s top flight with the Mariners, spending a brief period on loan with Adelaide United (2008), and linking with Newcastle Jets (2010 to 2012) and Sydney FC (2012 to 2013).

Nash, who has also represented several clubs in NSW State Leagues said he’s delighted that he will be back on the books of the Mariners soon.

“It’s great to be back here. I am very, very excited to be back with the Mariners,” he said.

“From the first day I walked in here, everyone has made me feel welcome and it’s really just a great bunch of guys. The whole setup here is very professional and I couldn’t be happier.”

Central Coast Mariners goalkeeping coach and analyst, John Crawley, has coached Nash since he was 15, and believes he possesses the qualities necessary to excel at the Club.

“Matt is a great communicator, reads the game well, is great in one-on-one situations, and has a good distribution game, so he ticks a lot of the boxes that we look for in our goalkeepers,” Crawley said.

“With Matt’s addition we will benefit in a number of ways. Firstly, alongside Liam Reddy he offers us another great option between the sticks, and secondly, we will be utilising his knowledge and expertise with our National Youth League squad goalkeepers in helping them progress through the ranks.”

“We really are blessed to have someone like him coming into the Club,” Crawley concluded.

Glad to see the bloke got a go in the HAL. Shame he plays for those ****s

pessimist
29-07-2014, 12:28 AM
I'll show you learning. Before I come back, my club, it spend 50 million on shit players. Now we charge 50 million for shit players. It is good.

thank you

pessimist
29-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Glad to see the bloke got a go in the HAL. Shame he plays for those ****s

he aint shit

belchardo
29-07-2014, 03:44 PM
flores has tweeted that he's at a café (or something) with "captain Kew". have I missed something?

MFKS
29-07-2014, 03:57 PM
flores has tweeted that he's at a café (or something) with "captain Kew". have I missed something?

They better watch that Mate stuff. Goes Alright

The shit is everywhere in Sth America and I initially thought they were all drinking brewed Marijuana

Bon
29-07-2014, 04:01 PM
They better watch that Mate stuff. Goes Alright

The shit is everywhere in Sth America and I initially thought they were all drinking brewed Marijuana

Is it what I think it is?
If it is, I was drinking it in St Pauli, was told it was basically a natural Red Bull style drink??

MFKS
29-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Is it what I think it is?
If it is, I was drinking it in St Pauli, was told it was basically a natural Red Bull style drink??
http://dralexrinehart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/yerba-mate-benefits.jpg

They are consumed out of things like this

http://apartmentsyes.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/69783_176892765671499_100000523303530_504529_14627 50_n.jpg

Its a tea like drink

Grimario
29-07-2014, 05:00 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2449487/jeronimo-jets-in-video/?src=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

VIDEO: NEW Newcastle Jets striker Jeronimo Neumann speaks after his first session with his new club, after Adelaide United boss Josep Gombau informed the 28-year-old he wasn't part of his plans for the upcoming season.

But the news has been a positive for the Argentinian, with the striker happy with his decision to become a Jet, under new coach Phil Stubbins.

Bon
29-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Definitely not what I thought it was.. I'll see if I can find what I had..

Yeah, this is it, which does use a South American jungle tea plant:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Club-Mate_alle_Sorten_AF.jpg

belchardo
30-07-2014, 11:29 PM
The Western Sydney Wanderers travelled to Canberra to take on Canberra FC in a pre-season practise match at Deakin Stadium on Wednesday night.
The Wanderers won the match 1-0.
Canberra National Premier League estimated a crowd of 1600 attended the match, and Police reported minor disturbances, with Wanderers fans setting off flares toward the end of the match.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/about-town-canberra-fc-v-western-sydney-wanderers-at-deakin-stadium-20140730-3cut9.html#ixzz38xE6nUMa

looks like you can take the dickheads out of western sydney, but they're still dickheads.

leftrightout
31-07-2014, 08:20 AM
looks like you can take the dickheads out of western sydney, but they're still dickheads.

They just have to get their yearly quota of flares up now in pre season since they get the book thrown at them during A-league season!

joel31
05-08-2014, 07:36 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/interactive/2014/apr/15/australia-football-interactive-statistics

Jetmaster
07-08-2014, 09:17 AM
Billy Celeski signing adds key final ingredient to Jets midfield

By JAMES GARDINER
Aug. 6, 2014, 10 p.m.

COACH Phil Stubbins added the final piece to the Jets jigsaw puzzle yesterday with the signature of former Melbourne Victory midfielder Billy Celeski.

Celeski, an A-League championship winner, put pen to paper on a one-year deal and will join the squad when they resume training tomorrow.

The 29-year-old has spent the past 12 months in the United Arab Emirates and China and completes the Jets’ playing roster.

He will help fill the hole left by the departure of Josh Brillante, Zenon Caravella and Ruben Zadkovich and provide support – and competition – for Ben Kantarovski at the base of midfield.

‘‘He is a mobile, modern-day footballer,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘Technically excellent, always wants the ball, and is a player who is able to link from back to front, which is something we desperately need.

‘‘In terms of filling the void – when Josh went as well it really made for a gap there to be filled. Billy will do that.’’

A graduate of the Australian Institute of Sport, Celeski played 91 games in five seasons for the Victory from 2008.

He made 24 appearances in his maiden campaign in Melbourne, highlighted by the 1-0 grand final triumph over Adelaide, and went on to feature in four finals series.
See your ad here

Before the Victory he had two seasons in Perth.

‘‘That is exactly what attracted us to him in the start,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘He can play as a No.6 or a No.8 equally well, and he has experience playing for championship teams.

‘‘He has good engines and is certainly someone who is confident in looking for the ball.’’

Celeski, who has represented the Socceroos, Olyroos and Young Socceroos, has been in Melbourne since being released by Chinese Super League club Liaoning Whowin in May.

‘‘Playing in Asia is not easy and it can get very difficult very quickly,’’ said Stubbins, who had two years in Thailand before joining the Jets.

‘‘The good thing is that he has had a good six weeks off. He is fully rested ...’’

After rejecting the Jets’ initial offer, Celeski said in a club statement that he was ‘‘looking forward to meeting the boys’’ and was ‘‘confident of a successful season’’.

‘‘I spoke to Phil before making the decision and I’m really excited about what’s happening in Newcastle and what he wants to do with the players at the club, so I just wanted to be a part of it basically,’’ Celeski said.

The Jets have used a different formation in each of the opening three pre-season hit-outs, the latest a 2-0 loss to Perth Glory in the FFA Cup round of 32 at Magic Park on Tuesday.

‘‘We had to throw players into positions that were a bit foreign and we came up against a pretty polished outfit in Perth,’’ Stubbins said

‘‘In the second half we acquitted ourselves in good fashion and on another day could have had a goal or two.

‘‘But overall it was not the game or performance that I am looking for.’’

The Jets started in a 4-3-3 formation against the Glory before switching to a 4-4-2 late in the first half.

‘‘We have had a look at everything now in terms of systems and formations,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘We will start to nut one out now and put detail into how we want to play. I think we are more potent with two up front, a hybrid 4-4-2. There is some chemistry between Joel Griffiths and Jeronimo, even though they have played limited time together.

‘‘There is Celeski, Marcos Flores, Dave Carney, Andrew Hoole, Mitch Cooper – we have not seen any of those guys. Once they become available, on a technical front, it will add a bit more potency.’’

The Jets are also still waiting on a visa for Ecuadorean striker Edson Montano.

‘‘Billy will be the one probing and helping assisting players like Flores and the other guys I mentioned,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘It has been a bit frustrating not having these players available, but we still have a long way to go and time on our side to jell everyone together.’’

The Jets’ next play a nine-day tournament in Townsville with Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC from August 22.

Flores (knee) and right back Scott Neville (knee) are due back at full training tomorrow.

See bold - is Phil taking the piss?

MFKS
07-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Must be those dimwit sports scientists latest buzz word

leftrightout
07-08-2014, 09:53 AM
"Flores (knee) and right back Scott Neville (knee) are due back at full training tomorrow."

Great news!

pv4
07-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Must be those dimwit sports scientists latest buzz word

I bet they also want to limit training sessions to <90mins and only train once a day FFS what do those guys even know

Grimario
07-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Great.

Celeski, who has represented the Socceroos, Olyroos and Young Socceroos, has been in Melbourne since being released by Chinese Super League club Liaoning Whowin in May.

He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.

furns
07-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Great.

He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.:lulz:

cobra23
07-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Great.

:lulz::chant::sup::thumbsup::grin:

Jeterpool
07-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Great.

Take a bow:roflz:

lquiquer
07-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Great.

Gold :lulz:

leftrightout
07-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Great.

That is by so far the post of the year... Take a bow son!

Jeterpool
07-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Great.

This is too good. It's now my signature.

hawk
07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
"He has good engines and is certainly someone who is confident in looking for the ball.’’

Hang on. there shouldnt be any goat on that pitch who doesnt want the ball, ever.

Biggest grind, player standing on the spot watching team mate getting crushed cause lazy ****s wont give an outlet. 2nd grind, professionals who cannot accurately pass to player over 25yds. and yes, i wouldnt be a good coach

Grimario
07-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Hang on. there shouldnt be any goat on that pitch who doesnt want the ball, ever.

So true. I love that our club highlights the positive aspect of attributes that EVERY SINGLE FOOTBALLER should have, even the guys who trot out for pub teams.

"yeah, we just signed this guy. He can't run fast, has no stamina, can't pass very well, has neck problems so won't ever head it and, to be honest, he doesn't like getting the ball in general, so will generally try and avoid getting involved. Also, he can't tackle, but he's a good lad, so we are delighted to have him"

Grimario
07-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Recycling that joke on FB, let's see how it goes.

hawk
07-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Recycling that joke on FB, let's see how it goes.

:rof: "he's a good lad and we're delighted to have him" reminds of a classic championship manager spiel.

Grimario
11-08-2014, 10:58 PM
James Gardiner ‏@JamesGardiner42 4m
Big news on @NewcastleJetsFC front in tomorrow's @newcastleherald

Any hints on what it might be?

Hannah Montana transfer canceled?
HSG has a buyer?

sammydog
11-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Gardiner is calling is positive news, so I'm calling the later.

militiamon
11-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Great.

Missed this at the time.

:yap: :yap: :yap:

MFKS
11-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Any hints on what it might be?

Hannah Montana transfer canceled?
HSG has a buyer?

Hopefully Griffo has been given a new contract

borat
12-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Could be Australian Marquee signing. 1 spot left

Mitchy
12-08-2014, 12:34 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2480436/jets-to-play-juventus-in-private-trial-match/?cs=2439

borat
12-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Yup Jets playing Juve in closed doors trial

Premy
12-08-2014, 01:05 AM
http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/arsenal-or-manchester-city-could-be-next-club-to-tour-australia-for-annual-all-stars-clash/story-e6frf423-1227020814411

Daily Telegraph reporting Arsenal as the favourites to play the All-Stars next year.

borat
12-08-2014, 01:17 AM
http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/arsenal-or-manchester-city-could-be-next-club-to-tour-australia-for-annual-all-stars-clash/story-e6frf423-1227020814411

Daily Telegraph reporting Arsenal as the favourites to play the All-Stars next year.bollocks

Top 10 my ar*e

Tommyjet
12-08-2014, 06:21 AM

Daily Telegraph reporting Arsenal as the favourites to play the All-Stars next year.

F$&k yeah, would be awesome. A lot more gooners in Australia than many think.

pv4
12-08-2014, 07:11 AM
bollocks

Top 10 my ar*e

:rof: dat butthurt

MFKS
12-08-2014, 08:02 AM
I take it the only reason we are playing Juve is because Pirlo Tevez Buffon Pogba and co insisted they play against Lord Griffo whilst they are here??

The blokes pull has no limits.

HAIL GRIFFO

GazFish35
12-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Could be Australian Marquee signing. 1 spot left

Kearyn Baccus

Thomas477
12-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Sounds about right for us, organise a friendly against one of the best clubs in Europe, and it's behind closed doors.

KUTGW Jets.

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 09:45 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2480436/jets-to-play-juventus-in-private-trial-match/?cs=2439

Good work Jets for jumping at the opportunity. Could have knocked it back but it'll be great experience.

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Sounds about right for us, organise a friendly against one of the best clubs in Europe, and it's behind closed doors.

KUTGW Jets.

It's a last minute request from the European club. Tell me logistically in, what, perhaps 96 hours ticket sales, security, catering, marketing, etc could be organised. Get a grip :facepalm:

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
It's a last minute request from the European club. Tell me logistically in, what, perhaps 96 hours ticket sales, security, catering, marketing, etc could be organised. Get a grip :facepalm:

Its a shame our stadium pitch is ****ed though.

If it was much chop a competent CEO could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.

Would have been a great PR initiative

pv4
12-08-2014, 10:03 AM

KUTGW Jets.

In our advantage, the FFA won't be able to rape us off 250k of the money raised from the event if we were to promote it :rof:

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 10:08 AM

If it was much chop a competent CEO could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.

Agree re: the PR point.

You reckon we'd struggle to get access because of the Knights before we even consider the quality of the surface?

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Agree re: the PR point.

You reckon we'd struggle to get access because of the Knights before we even consider the quality of the surface?

Considering the lease issue was signed with HSG last time when Tinks was running both entities I can't see why we should have any issues as you can't imagine it would have been restrictive to the Jets interests like it was in the past and also the Dog Molesters wouldn't need it anyway as they ain't playing today

hawk
12-08-2014, 10:49 AM
theyll be needing stretcher bearers for that game.

joel31
12-08-2014, 11:55 AM
if its Arsenal i'm so keen

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 11:58 AM
if its Arsenal i'm so keen

I'd be interested in going to see Arsenal play too. I'd have gone to Juve as well, but didn't work out this year.

sammydog
12-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Not sure us not playing up here is entirely to do with the pitch quality or availability.

I thought FFA had a fee for promoting these games against international teams in the order of $250,000. Don't think its as simple as throwing the gates open for free.

And then, would FFA want to allow the team that played the All-Stars to then go on and play other club teams in promoted matches.......I don't think so. I suspect this being behind closed doors is as much to do with the FFA wanting to protect the All-Stars concept as any other influence.

Then again, maybe Juventus just want a low key hit out?

Either way, we have a game against quality opposition for once. Better than playing an understrength Weston.

-----edit-----

In our advantage, the FFA won't be able to rape us off 250k of the money raised from the event if we were to promote it :rof:

I should have kept reading, yep its a $250,000 fee.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 12:55 PM
If you are opening the gates for free then you ain't really promoting it and not making money from it so the FFA would not have a hope in hell of getting a penny from it.

As for the 250k fee the clubs should show some spine and tell them where to go.

If a club takes on the risk of the event they deserve to get full benefits from it.

I am pretty certain the FFA won't be coughing up any shortfall if it goes pear shaped for the club

Just another example of the FFA controlling the game and handicapping growth with their communist model

Premy
12-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Not sure us not playing up here is entirely to do with the pitch quality or availability.

I thought FFA had a fee for promoting these games against international teams in the order of $250,000. Don't think its as simple as throwing the gates open for free.

And then, would FFA want to allow the team that played the All-Stars to then go on and play other club teams in promoted matches.......I don't think so. I suspect this being behind closed doors is as much to do with the FFA wanting to protect the All-Stars concept as any other influence.

Then again, maybe Juventus just want a low key hit out?

Either way, we have a game against quality opposition for once. Better than playing an understrength Weston.

-----edit-----

I should have kept reading, yep its a $250,000 fee.

Don't let cold hard facts get in the way of a good bitch fest from all the doomsayers and Middleby haters.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 02:09 PM
:
Don't let cold hard facts get in the way of a good bitch fest from all the doomsayers and Middleby haters.

Since when did they become cold hard facts when we are speculating about an imaginary event???:woo: :facepalm:

plague
12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Middleby haters?
Who are these people?

I always thought they were more like Julia Gillard, calling out 'miss-odge-ah-knee' wherever she sees it.

BodyNovo
12-08-2014, 03:04 PM
i like Middleby

srs

Grimario
12-08-2014, 03:07 PM
I prefer 261.625565 hertz

Grimario
12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
http://www.afr.com/Page/Uuid/42a58b44-21d2-11e4-8478-96786c9d6792?articleGift=TRUE

International Champions Cup heads to Melbourne

A big international football tournament featuring famous clubs such as Manchester City and Real Madrid will be played in Australia next year under an agreement set to be struck by Nine Entertainment Co.

la bazzle
12-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Lol I'm sure organising an event in 2 days is heaps simple and middleby and the FFA are not putting this on because they're busy with their plans to shoot down planes over Ukraine and clean up their mess with the world trade centre.

plague
12-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Lol I'm sure organising an event in 2 days is heaps simple and middleby and the FFA are not putting this on because they're busy with their plans to shoot down planes over Ukraine and clean up their mess with the world trade centre.

You'll notice as well the FFA refuse to deny thier role in this whole Ebola virus situation.
WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO HIDE?

Premy
12-08-2014, 05:09 PM
:

Since when did they become cold hard facts when we are speculating about an imaginary event???:woo: :facepalm:
-2 days to organize what would be a Major Event for the City of Newcastle.
-Organize staff to cater at said event within 2 days
-Organize security for said event within 2 days
-Organize transformation of the ground from League to Football for said event within 2 days
-Pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that you have no chance of making money from if you "open the gates".

cold hard facts

But no it's so much easier to just take a pot shot at Middleby and look past the obvious then it is to simply say, well done on ceasing a opportunity.

Members logic
It's got scales, a fin, gills and a tail. Must be bird.

Premy
12-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Middleby haters?
Who are these people?

I always thought they were more like Julia Gillard, calling out 'miss-odge-ah-knee' wherever she sees it.
Maybe we just don't have enough brown paper bags to shit done.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 05:59 PM
-2 days to organize what would be a Major Event for the City of Newcastle.
-Organize staff to cater at said event within 2 days
-Organize transformation of the ground from League to Football for said event within 2 days
-Pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that you have no chance of making money from if you "open the gates".

cold hard facts

But no it's so much easier to just take a pot shot at Middleby and look past the obvious then it is to simply say, well done on ceasing a opportunity.

Members logic
It's got scales, a fin, gills and a tail. Must be bird.

I seriously don't know where to start.

Firstly where was I having a go at Middleby??
Secondly I am pretty certain I said I was blaming our shit pitch for preventing any hope of the game being in Newy

As for your other points about this fictitious event that isn't even happening an it being hard to pull off.

Organize staff to cater at said event within 2 days
Place a Phone Call to your Catering Company it is their job to fill the gig after that

Place a phone call o the security provider it is their job to fill the gig after that

Putting up some goal posts and a crossbar don't take that long after all thousands of clubs in the country put them up and take them down each weekend. marking the ground would take a couple of hours. FFS I know it is pushing it as we have incompetent ground staff at hunter Stadium who can't even grow grass at the best of times but even I think they can manage it.

Once again I will go through this slowly so you may pick up the blatantly obvious you miss

If you ain't making a quid you ain't paying the FFA. If you had to pay the FFA for playing a team like Juve we would be due 250k tomorrow night.

If Middleby couldn't pull the job off to this fictitious event in 2 days if it actually was going ahead he really has no place running a chook raffle let alone a football club

Premy
12-08-2014, 06:07 PM
If that's not a pot shot I don't know what is, as to your rebuttal on previous points all would be quite easy to organize given sufficient time, but 2 business days is not sufficient time.

halo se7en
12-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Did anyone actually read the ****ing article? Juve requested the low-key match and we were the only club close enough & available to get down there & play.

When a top Euro side offers you a training match you ****ing take it on their say so, rather than asking them all to travel 2hrs north & try and suck some $$ out of it

Premy
12-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Did anyone actually read the ****ing article? Juve requested the low-key match and we were the only club close enough & available to get down there & play.

When a top Euro side offers you a training match you ****ing take it on their say so, rather than asking them all to travel 2hrs north & try and suck some $$ out of itAny old plan Joe can see that, but certain people put 1 and 1 together and get 5.
Then have the hide to tell others "pick up the blatantly obvious you missed"

plague
12-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Maybe we just don't have enough brown paper bags to shit done.
When Pollies are around there are always plenty of paper bags.

la bazzle
12-08-2014, 06:59 PM

When a top Euro side offers you a training match you ****ing take it on their say so, rather than asking them all to travel 2hrs north & try and suck some $$ out of it

Lolol yeah but middleby something something FFA something something a few phone calls, sorted.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 07:23 PM
If that's not a pot shot I don't know what is, as to your rebuttal on previous points all would be quite easy to organize given sufficient time, but 2 business days is not sufficient time.

So you wish to quote part of my post to further some delusional argument you wish to have but not the other part

Notice the bit where I said if we had a decent pitch ....... then notice the bit where I said could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.... then notice the bit where I said would be a great PR initiative........

Assuming we had a decent pitch...(WHICH WE DON'T ) .... To do the things I suggested would be the actions of a competent CEO regardless of who it was.

You keep clutching at straws that I am having a dig at Middleby here cause you are seeing shit that ain't there.

As for your bit about 2 days not being sufficient time. Ideally you would like more time to organise this fictitious event but to not be able to pull something adequate off in 2 days would be incompetent even if it wasn't perfect.

FFS Shit can be done in a hurry if it has to be done

MFKS
12-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Once again another clown posting who doesn't read.

How is opening the gates for free making money out of it??

Running your mouth when you don't read must be getting contagious for a few of you

sammydog
12-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Thing is you didn't need to throw in the "competent CEO" part. Without it your post would have been fine (although the logistics of throwing on such an event in 2 days isn't going to happen).

But, when you read your post, in the context of the rest of your anti-Middleby diatribe, you were clearly having a dig when there was nothing to have a dig at.

Own up, your a mariners supporter coming on here taking the piss and trying to rile people up.

Running your mouth when you don't read must be getting contagious for a few of you

Probably caught it off you.

Premy
12-08-2014, 08:09 PM
So you wish to quote part of my post to further some delusional argument you wish to have but not the other part

Notice the bit where I said if we had a decent pitch ....... then notice the bit where I said could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.... then notice the bit where I said would be a great PR initiative........

Assuming we had a decent pitch...(WHICH WE DON'T ) .... To do the things I suggested would be the actions of a competent CEO regardless of who it was.

You keep clutching at straws that I am having a dig at Middleby here cause you are seeing shit that ain't there.

As for your bit about 2 days not being sufficient time. Ideally you would like more time to organise this fictitious event but to not be able to pull something adequate off in 2 days would be incompetent even if it wasn't perfect.

FFS Shit can be done in a hurry if it has to be done
Plain and simple you got caught out, now you're frantically back pedaling to the point where you've forgotten what you said.

You keep caring on about this "fictitious event" and certain people being inadequate to organize it, but this "fictitious event" was your idea. One can't help but think you bought up this idea "fictitious event" just so you could have your daily snipe at a certain someone.

That South American air done something to your brain as you've been slipping deeper into obscurity since you got back.

baldrick
12-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Once again another clown posting who doesn't read.

How is opening the gates for free making money out of it??

So if we did run the "event" and make a loss that would be ok ?

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Plain and simple you got caught out, now you're frantically back pedaling to the point where you've forgotten what you said.

You keep caring on about this "fictitious event" and certain people being inadequate to organize it, but this "fictitious event" was your idea. One can't help but think you bought up this idea "fictitious event" just so you could have your daily snipe at a certain someone.

That South American air done something to your brain as you've been slipping deeper into obscurity since you got back.

Back Pedalling would be the right phrase if I actually had something to back pedal from. I haven't changed my view on anything.

So you continue accusing me of having a dig at the CEO for not doing something at a fictitious event that is NOT even occurring.

Gee whiz I blame our shit quality of pitch as a valid reason we couldn't have asked Juve to come to Newy as the place is a ****ing embarrassment and all you see is my offering of what could have been done if it was in good nick as a dig at the CEO for not doing it.

Your just going on and on half cocked.

Just to show you how far off on a tangent you are that is a prior quote from you

Can you explain to me how opening the gates for free for this fictitious event would occur a 250k fee yet we can play Juve at this non fictitious event on Wednesday and by your rational we would have to pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that we have no chance of making money on??

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:12 PM
But, when you read your post, in the context of the rest of your anti-Middleby diatribe, you were clearly having a dig when there was nothing to have a dig at.

There is plenty I can have a dig at him about I don't need to rely on making shit up

sammydog
12-08-2014, 09:14 PM
So why in your fictitious post do you have to imply that had we a good pitch, he would have ****ed it up?

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:21 PM
So why in your fictitious post do you have to imply that had we a good pitch, he would have ****ed it up?

I said we could have done ....blah blah blah.. with a competent CEO.

As we don't have a decent pitch the CEO didn't have the opportunity to shine or fail on the matter anyway

How am I implying he would have ****ed it up??

If we were talking it would almost be like your trying to put words in my mouth.
At no stage did I say he would have ****ed it up.

You are assuming I believe he would have ****ed it up based entirely on my existing low opinion of his talents which doesnt mean i implied a thing

Premy
12-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Back Pedalling would be the right phrase if I actually had something to back pedal from. I haven't changed my view on anything.

So you continue accusing me of having a dig at the CEO for not doing something at a fictitious event that is NOT even occurring.

Gee whiz I blame our shit quality of pitch as a valid reason we couldn't have asked Juve to come to Newy as the place is a ****ing embarrassment and all you see is my offering of what could have been done if it was in good nick as a dig at the CEO for not doing it.

Your just going on and on half cocked.

Just to show you how far off on a tangent you are that is a prior quote from you

Can you explain to me how opening the gates for free for this fictitious event would occur a 250k fee yet we can play Juve at this non fictitious event on Wednesday and by your rational we would have to pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that we have no chance of making money on??

The Dig was there for all to see you can deny it all you like but blind Freddy can see you've said it.
As to $250,000 if we played Juve in Newy or Syd in front of a crowd be it for free or paid entry technically we would have to pay FFA as the rules stipulate.

The irony of you Quoting part of my comment to suit your agenda after you having a whinge about me doing the same just shows how much you've lost it. :banghead: Talk about double standards, maybe you should just stick to the dairy Member.

Premy
12-08-2014, 09:31 PM

KUTGW Jets.

As i said Blind Freddy new what you were talking about, someone get The Member some straws his clutching.

sammydog
12-08-2014, 09:32 PM
I said we could have done ....blah blah blah.. with a competent CEO.

As we don't have a decent pitch the CEO didn't have the opportunity to shine or fail on the matter anyway

How am I implying he would have ****ed it up??

If we were talking it would almost be like your trying to put words in my mouth.
At no stage did I say he would have ****ed it up.

You are assuming I believe he would have ****ed it up based entirely on my existing low opinion of his talents which doesnt mean i implied a thing

You put the words in your own mouth. What you were trying to say about us hosting the game if we had a decent pitch had nothing to do with the "competency" of our CEO.

The whole concept of what you were posting didn't even need to speak of the CEO, as you said the CEO didn't have a chance to shine or fail, yet you still said, "a competent CEO could have". You said it, you threw in the barb on the CEO and given most of your posts and your signature are anti middleby it is blatantly clear what you were implying.

Maybe you could care to explain exactly what you meant by including the competent CEO phrase?

For what its worth, if we had more than 2 days warning and a pitch that was up to it, I agree it would have been great to throw the gates open. Not convinced FFA would have allowed it and the club would have pocketed a loss (whatever the cost of venire hire is), but it would have dragged the punters in and memberships may have benefitted from it.

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 09:37 PM
As i said Blind Freddy new what you were talking about, someone get The Member some straws his clutching.

:popcorn: don't bring me into this.

Premy
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
:popcorn: don't bring me into this.You only have yourself to blame, maybe in the future don't use your common sense :grin::woo:

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:47 PM
The Dig was there for all to see you can deny it all you like but blind Freddy can see you've said it.
As to $250,000 if we played Juve in Newy or Syd in front of a crowd be it for free or paid entry technically we would have to pay FFA as the rules stipulate.

The irony of you Quoting part of my comment to suit your agenda after you having a whinge about me doing the same just shows how much you've lost it. :banghead: Talk about double standards, maybe you should just stick to the dairy Member.
I am glad you picked up on me quoting part of what you said before as there is a slight difference here.

You are quoting part of my statement for your benefit I am quoting the whole lot.

These rules you are talking about where we would be up for 250k for playing a top club where in them does it say the 250k is required if you don't charge for entry.

You keep reiterating this point can you enlighten me as to where it is written that we have to pay 250k for hosting a team and not charging admittance for people to watch yet we should also be due to cough up 250k to play them behind closed doors under this rule you keep harping on about.

Reality is the rule would not be written to charge clubs money for games played with no money being being received for the game it would be written for clubs making money charging spectators money. Small loop hole but poignant

So you are talking out your arse just as you have been in most of this discussion

MFKS
12-08-2014, 09:57 PM

Yeah absolutely love how you brought those two quotes up from Thomas477 and Jeterpool and then said that people knew what i was talking about to back up your warped view on this discussion.

Thomas post on P79 of this thread is 1572
Jeterpools post on p79 of this thread is 1574

My post that stirred up this discussion is 1575.

BEING THAT IT HAPPENED AFTER THEY HAD POSTED.

Rather ****ed up by actually pulling up posts that were made before I even posted the post in question and then trying to palm off to the masses that these posts were indicative of people understanding what I was saying.

Almost like a politician you are where you will use blatant lies to try and win an e battle cause facts ain't doing it

Premy
12-08-2014, 09:58 PM
I am glad you picked up on me quoting part of what you said before as there is a slight difference here.

You are quoting part of my statement for your benefit I am quoting the whole lot.

Can you explain to me how opening the gates for free for this fictitious event would occur a 250k fee yet we can play Juve at this non fictitious event on Wednesday and by your rational we would have to pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that we have no chance of making money on??:banghead: you're getting worse.

These rules you are talking about where we would be up for 250k for playing a top club where in them does it say the 250k is required if you don't charge for entry.

You keep reiterating this point can you enlighten me as to where it is written that we have to pay 250k for hosting a team and not charging admittance for people to watch yet we should also be due to cough up 250k to play them behind closed doors under this rule you keep harping on about.

Reality is the rule would not be written to charge clubs money for games played with no money being being received for the game it would be written for clubs making money charging spectators money. Small loop hole but poignant

So you are talking out your arse just as you have been in most of this discussionhttp://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-to-charge-aleague-clubs-250000-fee-for-tours-by-european-giants-20140505-zr4ni.html

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:00 PM
You only have yourself to blame, maybe in the future don't use your common sense :grin::woo:

No he doesn't

He has you to blame cause you can't count the order posts occurred and you dragged him into it by posting blatant lies to try and win you e cred battle with me when he has nothing to do with it and you are so far in the wrong

Premy
12-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah absolutely love how you brought those two quotes up from Thomas477 and Jeterpool and then said that people knew what i was talking about to back up your warped view on this discussion.

Thomas post on P79 of this thread is 1572
Jeterpools post on p79 of this thread is 1574

My post that stirred up this discussion is 1575.

BEING THAT IT HAPPENED AFTER THEY HAD POSTED.

Rather ****ed up by actually pulling up posts that were made before I even posted the post in question and then trying to palm off to the masses that these posts were indicative of people understanding what I was saying.

Almost like a politician you are where you will use blatant lies to try and win an e battle cause facts ain't doing it
You're first comment was in reply to Jeterpools post which was in reply to Tomas477 post so they are quite relevent

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:06 PM
:banghead: you're getting worse.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-to-charge-aleague-clubs-250000-fee-for-tours-by-european-giants-20140505-zr4ni.html

Football Federation Australia has attracted the ire of A-League club owners by moving to impose a $250,000 sanction fee on any international friendly matches the clubs organise against famous overseas teams.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-to-charge-aleague-clubs-250000-fee-for-tours-by-european-giants-20140505-zr4ni.html#ixzz3AAt14qi9

Yeah so according to the words used by the Newspaper the FFA have moved to impose. Doesn't mean it has been done.

There is nothing there either about the fees for games that generate no income so can you find me a source that backs up your claim that we would be due to pay 250k for generating no income from a match generating no income

parksey
12-08-2014, 10:11 PM
membr pls

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
You're first comment was in reply to Jeterpools post which was in reply to Tomas477 post so they are quite relevent

So your entire argument here is with me for having a go at the CEO ???

Yet 2 blokes who posted well before I made the comment in question for some reason you think their posts are relevant here as they (ARE APPARENTLY PHYSIC:roflz:) knew what I was talking about even before I posted it.

That's now what you are claiming????

I am glad your fooling yourself :roflz:

Premy
12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Football Federation Australia has attracted the ire of A-League club owners by moving to impose a $250,000 sanction fee on any international friendly matches the clubs organise against famous overseas teams.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/ffa-to-charge-aleague-clubs-250000-fee-for-tours-by-european-giants-20140505-zr4ni.html#ixzz3AAt14qi9

Yeah so according to the words used by the Newspaper the FFA have moved to impose. Doesn't mean it has been done.

There is nothing there either about the fees for games that generate no income so can you find me a source that backs up your claim that we would be due to pay 250k for generating no income from a match generating no income
Duly noted I'll cop that, point still remains there was never going to be any chance of the game being played in Newcastle yet you took the chance to fabricate a unrealistic event and in doing so you couldn't resist to slip the boot in to Middleby over 2 things he has no control over.

Premy
12-08-2014, 10:17 PM
So your entire argument here is with me for having a go at the CEO ???

Yet 2 blokes who posted well before I made the comment in question for some reason you think their posts are relevant here as they (ARE APPARENTLY PHYSIC:roflz:) knew what I was talking about even before I posted it.

That's now what you are claiming????

I am glad your fooling yourself :roflz:

I'm saying everyone knew you were having a shot at Middleby as the comment you replied to was defending him.
edit: try to twist it anyway you want, fact remains is your comment was intended as a back hand swipe everyone knows it you just wont admit it.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:23 PM
duly noted i'll cop that, point still remains there was never going to be any chance of the game being played in newcastle there was never a hope in hell of getting it here with the shitful state of hunter stadiums pitch. Can you imagine the furore if tevez pogba vidal pirlo etc did their knee in the painted ****ing sand pit we play on

yet you took the chance to fabricate a unrealistic event
so me saying it would have been good to play it here if we had an adequate pitch and throw the gates open is now fabricating an event????

fmd

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 10:26 PM
http://disjointedthinking.jeffhughes.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/line-in-the-sand.jpg

sammydog
12-08-2014, 10:28 PM
http://disjointedthinking.jeffhughes.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/line-in-the-sand.jpg

Is that for stepping over?

Premy
12-08-2014, 10:31 PM
So you admit there was no chance of the game being played in Newy yet you're content to blame Middelby for it not being here.

Before you say you didn't blame Middleby, we weren't born yesterday everyone knew what you were implying and as Sammydog said if you weren't implying it there would have been no need to mention anything about the CEO.

Jeterpool
12-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Is that for stepping over?

Nah. Drawing a line under this discussion. Just so happens it's in sand. There's football on so I'm watching it

hawk
12-08-2014, 10:36 PM
imagine the newy blowin crowd when Juve scores. f*** off ya w**s. best stay away

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:47 PM
So you admit there was no chance of the game being played in Newy
I basically admitted there was no chance of it being in Newy with the initial post with the remark about the shit pitch we have

yet you're content to blame Middelby for it not being here.
Once again where do I blame Middleby for it not being here when I accepted it wasn't here because of the shitful pitch

Before you say you didn't blame Middleby, we weren't born yesterday everyone knew what you were implying and as Sammydog said if you weren't implying it there would have been no need to mention anything about the CEO.

Everyone thinks they know what I was implying would be a much fairer assessment of this shit.

If i want to bag him out I don't need to imply shit in some sort of hidden manner like you are claiming here.

As we all know I ain't backward in expressing an opinion.

sammydog
12-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Maybe you could care to explain exactly what you meant by including the competent CEO phrase?

MFKS
12-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Assuming our pitch was adequate.......................a competent CEO would get the game to Newy and then get around paying the alleged 250k fee by throwing the gates open as a PR stunt to let his members into see it

Premy
12-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Everyone thinks they know what I was implying would be a much fairer assessment of this shit.

If i want to bag him out I don't need to imply shit in some sort of hidden manner like you are claiming here.

As we all know I ain't backward in expressing an opinion.I don't begrudge you on your opinion and i certainly know you're not afraid to express it, at times I agree with you. But come on you knew what was intended I knew what was intended and if you didn't you may need help :grin: as you may have done it subconsciously.

End of the day we get you think Middleby is incompetent but fark sake we don't need to be remind of you're opinion everytime you post something.

MFKS
12-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I don't begrudge you on your opinion and i certainly know you're not afraid to express it, at times I agree with you. But come on you knew what was intended I knew what was intended and if you didn't you may need help :grin: as you may have done it subconsciously.

End of the day we get you think Middleby is incompetent but fark sake we don't need to be remind of you're opinion everytime you post something.

you have just spent 3 pages trying to reinforce to the world that I think Middleby is incompetent and I have spent 3 pages denying it :roflz:

sammydog
12-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Assuming our pitch was adequate.......................a competent CEO would get the game to Newy and then get around paying the alleged 250k fee by throwing the gates open as a PR stunt to let his members into see it

The only reason you would write that with the "competent CEO" wording, and you know it, is to have a cheap shot. It implies he would have stuffed it up given the chance.

You could have said "the club would get the game to newy............".

Same thing without the implied cheap shot. But that wouldn't have pushed your ongoing anti middleby agenda.

GazFish35
13-08-2014, 12:20 AM
You're arguing on the Internet with a bloke who loves to argue on the Internet.

sammydog
13-08-2014, 12:43 AM
Yep, care to join in?

Grimario
13-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Luke Bould @ldbould
Great few days with @ALeague chairmen, CEOs and Commercial Managers. Big broadcast announcement impending! @FFA @SBS

So, this guy is the FFA Head of Commercial Partnerships. Tweeted the above yesterday.

MFKS
13-08-2014, 12:29 PM
So, this guy is the FFA Head of Commercial Partnerships. Tweeted the above yesterday.
Hopefully something done to resolve the minimal FFA Cup coverage and Foxtel and SBS are gonna show more than originally planned

sammydog
13-08-2014, 12:52 PM
The fox coverage was great, but only one game in the round of 32? Should have been one game a week with the single camera for crosses to other games.

I think there is the interest in watching it.

If SBS picks up the remaining games it would be great.

pv4
13-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm fairly sure Foxtel are covering every single game past the RO32 already.

I would hazard a guess this new announcement may have something to do with SBS getting more than just the Friday night games for the HAL season.

WolfMan
13-08-2014, 02:01 PM
The fox coverage was great, but only one game in the round of 32? Should have been one game a week with the single camera for crosses to other games.

I think there is the interest in watching it.

If SBS picks up the remaining games it would be great.

I agree that having more than the 1 week of matches televised would have been ideal. But I'd say you could wipe at least 500 off the attendance figure for Jets v Glory if it had been live on Foxtel, perhaps even more if on FTA

sammydog
13-08-2014, 02:09 PM
I'd prefer in the round of 32 they show some of the state league clubs anyway.

Last nights WSW v Adelaide Utd game would have been a good one on TV as well.

sammydog
13-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Yup Jets playing Juve in closed doors trial

Just read this on twitter, only thing I have heard about the game so far.

johnnyddavidson: Am hearing the @NewcastleJetsFC vs Juventus game was interesting, Juve 1-0 but a Jets goal disallowed... @FourFourTwoOz #football #aleague

front2
13-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Match finished 1-1. A horses mouth.

leftrightout
13-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Match finished 1-1. A horses mouth.

We barely look like scoring against perth but we manage to score against ****ing juve... Go figure!

sammydog
13-08-2014, 09:35 PM
No goal......juve weren't ready.

front2
13-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Foot in mouth. Carney goal diss allowed after 15min.

lil_masi
13-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Foot in mouth. Carney goal diss allowed after 15min.

Barresi suffered a suspected torn ACL. Fingers crossed reports are wrong. Was really looking forward to seeing him play!!

Tommyjet
14-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Barresi suffered a suspected torn ACL. Fingers crossed reports are wrong. Was really looking forward to seeing him play!!
Yeah fingers crossed he's ok. Will probably pave the way for baccus or another mid to sign now

Grimario
14-08-2014, 11:43 AM

Not big at all. SBS broadcasting it on SBS One instead of SBS 2 next season.

Woop.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/live-hyundai-a-league-moves-to-sbs-one/cd0y10g7nl7v1vui0uq3va5bf

*edit*
Apparently that is a big thing because of the number of people who don't use digital channels so only have access to SBS One.

leftrightout
14-08-2014, 11:44 AM

Woop.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/live-hyundai-a-league-moves-to-sbs-one/cd0y10g7nl7v1vui0uq3va5bf

It does mean broadcast in HD and I found out with the world cup what a huge difference that is!

Grimario
14-08-2014, 11:53 AM
It does mean broadcast in HD and I found out with the world cup what a huge difference that is!

It was HD last year... simulcast on SBS 2 and SBS HD.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2013/09/25/2013-2014-hyundai-league-sbs

As I said in the edit, think the change just means that their potential audience increases a huge amount due to the number of people not watching new digital channels (which both SBS2 and HD are).

MFKS
14-08-2014, 11:59 AM
It was HD last year... simulcast on SBS 2 and SBS HD.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2013/09/25/2013-2014-hyundai-league-sbs

As I said in the edit, think the change just means that their potential audience increases a huge amount due to the number of people not watching new digital channels (which both SBS2 and HD are).

So other than Gypos who couldn't afford a TV anyway who doesn't have digital TV??

Thought they would have just about turned the analogue off these days.

Grimario
14-08-2014, 12:35 PM
So other than Gypos who couldn't afford a TV anyway who doesn't have digital TV??

Thought they would have just about turned the analogue off these days.

We are 100% digital these days, I think...

belchardo
14-08-2014, 01:02 PM

Woop.

*edit*
Apparently that is a big thing because of the number of people who don't use digital channels so only have access to SBS One.

jeez, here I was waiting on the edge of my seat for this earth-shattering news. :woo:

furns
16-08-2014, 10:43 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2491461/jets-fans-grumble-over-seats/?cs=2439
R Dillon gets it right shocker

hawk
17-08-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2491461/jets-fans-grumble-over-seats/?cs=2439
R Dillon gets it right, shock
yep
wonder if he's feeling ok

Pico
18-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Setanta Sports Australia set to be sold to Al Jazeera

The Irish company that owns Setanta Sports Australia has reached an agreement to sell it to the beIN Media Group, a subsidiary of the Qatari state-owned television network Al Jazeera.

Setanta yesterday said it is in the final stages of the acquisition but it did not disclose any financial details of the deal. The sale is subject to the approval of Australia’s Foreign Investment Review Board, with authorisation expected in about one month’s time.

The Australian arm of the sports network is being sold by Dublin-based Danu Investment Partners, backed by Michael O’Rourke and Leonard Ryan, the original founders of Setanta, and Mark O’Meara.

The channel will be rebranded as beIN once approval comes through, and it is expected that the network, which has operations across the Middle East, as well as Canada and France, will beef up its content offering.

It is understood that beIN approached Danu last year to initiate discussions about the possibility of acquiring the Australian channel. Danu was formed in 2009 to implement a rescue deal for Setanta Sports Ireland after the channel collapsed in the UK that year.

In conjunction with the South African black-empowerment investment group, Hosken Consolidated Investments, Danu also owns Setanta Sports Asia. SSA is available on television platforms in countries such as Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, and the Philippines.

Mr O’Rourke retains 100 per cent ownership of Setanta Sports Ireland, having bought out Mr Ryan and Mr O’Meara’s interests in 2011.

Setanta Sports Australia was founded in 2005 as a pub-only service, migrating to a consumer platform two years later. It broadcasts a wide range of sports including international football and rugby, with the UEFA Europa League and the RBS Six Nations among its portfolio.

The company says is available to 2.5 million Australian subscription viewers via Foxtel as well as through distribution via fetchTV and online.

“We believe this is a win for our loyal customers in Australia, who will share in beIN Sports commitment to producing sports coverage of the highest quality,” said Mr Ryan.

Yousef Al-Obaidli, beIN’s deputy chief executive said: “We are very happy to take our beIN Sports brand to yet another admirable market. Australians are very passionate about sports and we are proud to fulfill this passion and provide them with a unique experience.”

www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/setanta-sports-australia-set-to-be-sold-to-al-jazeera-1.1897079

Interesting to see if that has any impact going forward with HAL rights, would be great if you could just subscribe to BeIN online to get HD HAL coverage.

Frodo
18-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Interesting to see if that has any impact going forward with HAL rights, would be great if you could just subscribe to BeIN online to get HD HAL coverage.

This! Can't wait till we can just pay for HAL games as live streams and downloads.

scarfy96
18-08-2014, 11:23 AM
So our Ecuadorian striker was due to fly in on Sunday, no word, no announcements. Did he miss his flight?

Grimario
18-08-2014, 11:29 AM
So our Ecuadorian striker was due to fly in on Sunday, no word, no announcements. Did he miss his flight?

Ecuadorean striker# Edson montano on deck for @NewcastleJetsFC. Light duties. Jet lag. @newcastleherald

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvR9T5QCMAE91vr.jpg

q-money
18-08-2014, 11:48 AM
check out gary van egmond in the background

pv4
18-08-2014, 11:52 AM
check out gary van egmond in the background

:rof:

scarfy96
18-08-2014, 12:04 PM
Wow he is here!

Awesome!

plague
18-08-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm worried about the fact he doesn't speak a lick of English though.
It's always something that doesn't seem a big deal at the time but apart from Jamie Carragher I can't remember anyone succeeding in a league not being able to speak the native language.

Grimario
18-08-2014, 12:15 PM
:lulz:

lil_masi
18-08-2014, 12:17 PM
It's always something that doesn't seem a big deal at the time but apart from Jamie Carragher I can't remember anyone succeeding in a league not being able to speak the native language.

Where has it ever said he doesnt speak a word of english?

plague
18-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Where has it ever said he doesnt speak a word of english?

Da newspapers.
Baz Toohey brought it up.

Grimario
18-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Da newspapers.
Baz Toohey brought it up.

I have no concerns. Football is a universal language.
We also have Flores and Jeronimo who speak Spanish (which I think is the same as Ecuador) so it's not like he will be entirely isolated like Zura was.

plague
18-08-2014, 12:30 PM
We also have Flores and Jeronimo who speak Spanish (which I think is the same as Ecuador) so it's not like he will be entirely isolated like Zura was.

I'd dare say it would be an advantage if GVE was still coaching.......

Bon
18-08-2014, 12:31 PM

Yeah, you are right. Spanish is the national language of Ecuador..
Awesome to see he is finally here.. Just seems odd that there havent been big announcements about it.. (Although to be fair, I haven't been online much over the weekend so could have missed it)

Grimario
18-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Awesome to see he is finally here.. Just seems odd that there havent been big announcements about it.. (Although to be fair, I haven't been online much over the weekend so could have missed it)

Nope, nothing from the club. Not even a tweet saying "Montano arriving!"... only news has been snippets from JG @The Herald.

The only actual news was included in the Juve game wrap up.

MFKS
18-08-2014, 01:07 PM

As if South Americans don't understand Ingles??

Trust me they all do. They just pretend they don't :lol:

Grimario
18-08-2014, 01:14 PM
@mitchhughesnbn: Edson Montaño has finished 1st #NewcastleJets training session. @MarcosFlores85 made him welcome.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvSTtSlCIAATkux.jpg

The Dunster
18-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Gary Lineker

Thomas477
18-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I reckon he's wondering what the **** have I got myself into.

Jeterpool
18-08-2014, 05:33 PM

No. You didn't.

MFKS
18-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Just seems odd that there havent been big announcements about it.. (Although to be fair, I haven't been online much over the weekend so could have missed it)

With our CEO I am not surprised.

Milking publicity ain't his forte

18-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Neither cows so what the f^&k is he good for ?.

Thomas477
18-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Apparently Zura put a good word in for us with Hannah. Also, he doesn't speak a lick of Ingles.

The Dunster
18-08-2014, 08:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvSTtSlCIAATkux.jpg

cogerme d*as

Bloke looks pretty shell shocked.

Hopefully the team make him feel welcome and he starts banging in goals for us.

plague
18-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Neither cows so what the f^&k is he good for ?.

Montano, is that you?

MFKS
18-08-2014, 08:28 PM
cogerme d*as

Bloke looks pretty shell shocked.

Hopefully the team make him feel welcome and he starts banging in goals for us.

Just found out he is playing with Gallaway. :whistling:

lquiquer
18-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Just found out he is playing with Gallaway. :whistling:

Well we know Gallaway has been jetlag for few years ..:whistling:

Pico
19-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Meet the newest member of Jets Edson Montano
By JAMES GARDINER
Aug. 18, 2014, 10:45 p.m

MARCOS Flores acted as a translator for Edson Montano on Monday. On Tuesday the Argentinian plans to cook a barbecue for the Jets’ new Ecuadorian striker.

It has only been two days but the South Americans have already formed a bond.

Wait until they get on the pitch together.

‘‘I’m really excited to have a player like him here, someone with his power,’’ said Flores, who christened the new arrival Edson ‘‘The Tank’’ Montano on Twitter.

Montano touched down in Newcastle on Sunday and trained for the first time yesterday.

Battling the effects of jet lag, he ran a few laps and did a series of passing drills. Routine stuff.

There was no sign of the lethal right peg that produced a stunning goal from 30metres that is top of the list when you type his name into YouTube.

That, Jets fans hope, is to come.

The powerfully built attacker, who has four international caps, adds to a strikeforce headed by Argentinian Jeronimo Neumann and Joel Griffiths.

The first goal for Montano is to adjust his body clock and work on his fitness.

Speaking through Flores, the 23-year-old said he was excited to be in Australia and was looking forward to working with his new teammates.

‘‘I have come from the other side of the world but I will be ready soon,’’ he said.

‘‘I can feel a really good energy and see it is a happy group.

‘‘They worked hard and everyone was giving their best. It is exciting.’’

Montano, who is on loan from Ecuadorian Serie-A club Barcelona, agreed to terms with the Jets in late June and spent seven frustrating weeks waiting for his visa to be issued.

‘‘I have tried to keep my fitness up,’’ Montano said.

‘‘The season in Ecuador was over. I had already signed the contract and the papers and was waiting to come.’’

Montano is the second Ecuadorian to be signed by the Jets following Edmundo Zura in 2008-09.

Also a striker, Zura struggled being away from his young family and was released after nine games – and no goals – to return home.

Montano, who was a teammate of Zura at El Nacional early in his career, admitted he didn’t know a lot about the A-League but was aware that Emile Heskey had spent the past two season in Newcastle.

‘‘I have read some things and checked out some of the players from past years,’’ he said.

‘‘Growing up I looked up to Heskey. It’s exciting to be at his club.

‘‘The Ecuador league is really tough. I was playing for one of the best teams [Barcelona] and expect to adapt quickly to the A-League.’’

Jets assistant coach Clayton Zane said Montano had a point of difference from the other forwards in the squad.

‘‘Things are starting to take shape,’’ Zane said.

‘‘We have spent a lot of time looking into what type of players we need in the front third.

‘‘To have him on board is great and starts to put a bit of pressure on other players who are trying to fill those front two positions.

‘‘He is different from Joel Griffiths and Jeronimo who are probably more explosive.

‘‘He can play with his back to goal a little bit better than the other two. I think from an aerial point of view ... he has a balance of all the attributes we are looking for to compliment the other two.’’

The Jets travel to Townsville on Friday for a nine-day tournament featuring Brisbane Roar, Sydney FC and former A-League club North Queensland Fury.

‘‘It is a team-building exercise as well as focusing on the football content,’’ he said.

‘‘Having the two other Spanish speaking players in the team should help him settle quicker.’’

Meanwhile, Anthony Ingram has replaced Rob Dingle as the Jets physiotherapist.

Dingle resigned last month. Ingram previously worked with the Jets, Newcastle Knights and Hunter Pirates.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2495917/meet-the-newest-member-of-jets-edson-montano-video/?cs=306

I'd like to see the club try a front three of Griff & Edson with J-dog in behind whilst in Thiensville. I've just got a bad feeling with Baressi already gone for the season and our other AM coming back from a recent knee injury combined with our less than spectacular injury record, I'd like a plan B.

The Postman
19-08-2014, 11:44 AM
I reckon he's wondering what the **** have I got myself into.

He wouldn't be the only import to think that.

Grimario
19-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Slow news day.

http://www.sportal.com.au/football/news/A-League%20set%20for%20white%20line%20fever/1avr1g94b4j8y18h9tb5fb1g6y

There could be a new type of white line fever in the Hyundai A-League this season with vanishing spray set to be used in the competition for the first time.
The spray, which was used at the FIFA World Cup earlier this year, is a way for referees to ensure defenders stay the required distance away from a free-kick.
The white foam then disappears after around a minute.

Some of Europe's biggest leagues are already using it, with the vanishing spray making its debut in the English Premier League over the weekend.

It's believed Football Federation Australia are waiting for the shipment of spray cans to arrive before announcing it will be used for next season.
The cans are provided by an Argentine company which is FIFA's official supplier of the product.

MFKS
19-08-2014, 05:50 PM
http://www.thepharmacy.com.au/product_images/o/471/Gillette_Foam_Lemon_Lime_250g__53079_zoom.jpg

Down to Woolies and get a box or two of that until the other stuff arrives

GazFish35
19-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Will probably kill the grass at hunter stadium.

MFKS
19-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Will probably kill the grass at hunter stadium.

Save the Groundsman doing it

lquiquer
19-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Save the Groundsman doing it

:roflz:

Pico
20-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Jets fullback Scott Neville ready to return after knee surgery
By JAMES GARDINER
Aug. 19, 2014, 10:30 p.m

‘‘There is eight weeks to go.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2499168/jets-fullback-scott-neville-ready-to-return-after-knee-surgery/?cs=306

Good to see Nev's back to full training with 2 months still to go of pre-season.

leftrightout
20-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Good to see Nev's back to full training with 2 months still to go of pre-season.

Yeah that is awesome news. Hopefully he can find that form again, he was massive for us last time around.

Couscous
20-08-2014, 10:38 AM
I think you guys should stop posting full Herald articles in here. Post an excerpt, and give the paper some click love.

pv4
20-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I think you guys should stop posting full Herald articles in here. Post an excerpt, and give the paper some click love.

I refuse to give The Herald any form of love after that whole saga where they had a vendetta against the club & Tinkler, and even fabricated that AIS story to get us in hot water. I'm not sure I ever saw them issue an apology to how they treated the club and everyone in it.

Grimario
20-08-2014, 11:19 AM

Is that you JG? Or are you RD?

lil_masi
20-08-2014, 11:23 AM

+1

Couscous
20-08-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure I ever saw them issue an apology to how they treated the club and everyone in it.

You always trust the club first?

Lulz.

plague
21-08-2014, 12:16 AM
I steadfastly refuse to read the Herald any more.

That black ink on your fingers just stains everything.

Grimario
21-08-2014, 12:17 AM
I used to have the Herald delivered way back in the day.

Much cheaper to put down for the dogs than those piddle mats.

pv4
21-08-2014, 06:30 AM
You always trust the club first?

I support the club first

borat
21-08-2014, 11:22 AM
I support the club first
Cough.... Thats not what Micky Bridges says ;-)

pv4
21-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Cough.... Thats not what Micky Bridges says ;-)

Micky Bridges drove the best clubman we've ever had out of the club. Who is he to talk?

MFKS
21-08-2014, 11:49 AM
I support the club first
So you going to the first HAL game this season WLG???:whistling::roflz:
We are even playing your Gypo mates so close to home for you

Grimario
22-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Not just us in financial strife. Adelaide reported to be looking for buyer.

http://footballcentral.com.au/adelaide-united-facing-financial-troubles/

lquiquer
22-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Newcastle Foxes...........Bring back the gold (Their away kit is gold by the way) :woo:

Pico
25-08-2014, 09:24 AM
PALMED OFF: Tinkler and Troy Palmer part ways
By ROBERT DILLON
Aug. 24, 2014, 10 p.m

www.theherald.com.au/story/2510172/palmed-off-tinkler-and-troy-palmer-part-ways/?cs=306

Rats, sinking ships and all that.

joel31
25-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Now our great tactician is gone?

MFKS
30-08-2014, 02:10 PM
NEW Broadmeadow Magic co-coach Bobby Naumov will combine his role at the Northern NSW Football heavyweights with a scouting job for A-League club the Central Coast Mariners.

Naumov, a former national league player and coach at Newcastle, signed on yesterday as the Mariners’ scout for the Northern NSW region.

The former Edgeworth and Hamilton Olympic coach said it was an opportunity too good to pass up.

‘‘ It keeps my foot in the door,’’ Naumov said.

‘‘ I’ve still got ambitions to coach at a higher level, and if something eventuates from this, then so be it.

‘‘ If not, at this point I’m happy just to be involved.

‘‘ It’s all a learning curve and, first and foremost, I want to be a coach.

‘‘ With this, you get access to all the latest technology, training methods and their facilities there.’’

Naumov will identify talent in the heart of Newcastle Jets territory at all levels but was unfazed by the prospect of meeting opposition.

‘‘ You get that in any sporting environment,’’ Naumov said.

‘‘ But that’s the way it is.

‘‘ You have to go where the opportunities come from.’’

The appointment comes just over a week after Naumov and Robert Virgili were announced as Broadmeadow’s coaches for 2015 following Magic’s poor National Premier League season under Glen Chapman.

The pair coached the club the previous year when Magic won a third straight major premiership.

Naumov said Magic had given their blessing for him to take the Mariners job.

‘‘ This was always on the cards, and that’s why I was reluctant to take the job on my own,’’ he said.

‘‘ I said to Chilli [Virgili] that I would do it with him and I made the club aware about the chance with the Mariners.

‘‘ The club does not stand in the way of players who want to go higher in the game, so it’s no different for coaches.’’

Naumov was excited about the chance to work with an A-League club after taking a break from coaching this season following a stint with the Emerging Jets.

‘‘ I was at a bit of a crossroads,’’ he said.

‘‘ I was starting to get a bit disillusioned with it all in the coaching environment and the lack of opportunities around.

‘‘ I was tossing up whether to go for my A licence again, then when this came along and it has spurred me on.’’

Glad to see the likes of the Gypos setting up camp in our heartland to feather their own nest.

Wonder how many players we will end up losing to them due to our ongoing ineptness???

plague
02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
IN DEFENCE OF ROBBIE MIDDLEBY:

1. Darius Boyd from Knights wants to leave club a year early.
2. Has trigger in his contract to void his playing deal.
3. His manager now wants compensation FROM the Knights believed to be in the area of $250k (because he might need to take a pay cut at his next club).
4. Knights under no legal obligation to pay anything.
5. Knights consider doing it anyway 'as an act of good faith'.

Well done to all involved.

evolution
02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
The Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce the jersey numbers that will be worn by each of the Club’s players during the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 season.

1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk)

2. Scott NEVILLE

3. Taylor REGAN

4. Kew JALIENS (c)

5. Ben KANTAROVSKI

6. Adrian MADASCHI

7. Jeronimo NUEMANN

8. Edson MONTANO

9. Joel GRIFFITHS

10. Marcos FLORES

11. Craig GOODWIN

12. Sam GALLAGHER

13. Josh BARRESI

14. Billy CELESKI

15. Andrew HOOLE

16. Jacob PEPPER

17. James VIRGILI

19. Mitch COOPER

20. Ben KENNEDY (gk)

21. Sam GALLAWAY

22. Jonny STEELE

23. David CARNEY

25. Brandon LUNDY

30. John SOLARI (gk)

Newcastle Jets Members have exclusive access to pre-purchase the Club’s new BLK Sport home and away playing jerseys for the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 season.

Jerseys can be pre-purchased by Jets Members at the time of purchasing their Membership by logging into your MyJETS Account.

Griff #9 :wub:

q-money
02-09-2014, 03:16 PM
we're back baby

joel31
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Back to the good old days

Jetmaster
02-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Just waiting now for the "Birraz is Numero Uno" brigade...

Blackmac79
02-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Birraz is phased by this

lil_masi
07-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Jets release goodwin. Adelaide sign him

Tommyjet
08-09-2014, 11:34 AM
https://twitter.com/aaronkearneyaus/status/508765851294515200

Not sure if this link worked but Aaron Kearney tweeted a link to a article saying jets getting taken over by qantas. It would mean the jets becoming the jetstars as it would be under the jetstar flagship.
Aaron Kearney saying it could be a hoax so has anyone heard anything similar

leftrightout
08-09-2014, 11:37 AM
https://twitter.com/aaronkearneyaus/status/508765851294515200

Not sure if this link worked but Aaron Kearney tweeted a link to a article saying jets getting taken over by qantas. It would mean the jets becoming the jetstars as it would be under the jetstar flagship.
Aaron Kearney saying it could be a hoax so has anyone heard anything similar

Hahaha thats brilliant...

Jetmaster
08-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Was going along for the ride, but the longer the article goes, the more it sounds like someone taking the piss.

Tommyjet
08-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah never heard of that site either so looks very prankish

furns
08-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Lol
Who dafuq read that article and thought it was a serious piece of journalism?

MFKS
08-09-2014, 12:05 PM
The article fell apart with the STARS bit of Jetstars

We're Shit so kind of looks like a prank

weston
08-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Haha.... Surely not serious. I'm 99.9% certain that is a hoax (well at least I'm hoping). That kit, terrible.

BodyNovo
08-09-2014, 02:15 PM
this is the same mob that suggested that izzy folau was on sydney fcs radar

Bon
08-09-2014, 02:19 PM
this is the same mob that suggested that izzy folau was on sydney fcs radar

He probably is..
They are linked with everyone else..

leftrightout
08-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Its funny that if it was any other club involved it would obviously be a prank... but even when it is as stupid as that is written, you just never know with the jets (or should i say JetSTARS!)

Jeterpool
08-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Orange is getting closer to gold.

Bring on our new QANTAS over-lords.

joel31
08-09-2014, 03:12 PM
calling us stars... lol

GazFish35
08-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Formodernfootball

Might need to read a few more articles.

Pico
09-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Erik Paartalu back in the picture for Jets as Goodwin heads home
By JAMES GARDINER
Sept. 8, 2014, 10 p.m

NEWCASTLE Jets have reopened talks with former Brisbane Roar championship-winner Erik Paartalu.

Paartalu is in the latter stages of a lucrative one-year deal at Thai Super League club Muang Thong.

The holding midfielder, who is understood to be on $500,000 in Thailand, knocked back an approach from the Jets in July.

Paartalu’s agent David O’Keefe labelled the Jets offer ‘‘fantastic’’ but said his client was committed to seeing out the season.

After a strong opening to the Thai campaign, the 28-year-old has started in one of the past four league games for the fourth-placed outfit.

Paartalu’s contract ends in December but there is a chance Muang Thong may consider an early release to lessen their wage bill.

The departure of Craig Goodwin to Adelaide United has freed up room in the Jets budget.

Socceroo Mark Bresciano has also indicated that he is keen to play in the A-League at the end of his contract with Qatar club Al-Gharafa in December.
See your ad here

The 34-year-old playmaker was one of the Socceroos’ best in Thursday’s 2-0 friendly defeat in Belgium and was expected to feature in a friendly against Saudi Arabia in London this morning.

Veteran Brazilian-born Adelaide left back Cassio, who is now an Australian citizen, is understood to be on the outer at the Reds and has been linked to the Jets.

Coach Phil Stubbins confirmed yesterday that he was in talks with a couple of central midfielders but would not reveal names.

‘‘We need to bring in a player who is a substantial acquisition for the club,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘There are a few players we have discussed things with. Hopefully we can get that across the line. If that happens it will be a real tonic for the team.’’

Paartalu and Bresciano, who has previously been linked to home-town club Melbourne City, would need to negotiate an early release to be available for the start of the A-League season.

The transfer window opens in January.

‘‘We would prefer to get someone here now,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘We have nearly five weeks to the first game. Sooner rather than later is the scenario that we would like to bring that player in.

‘‘If it is the player we have our eye on – there are a couple, but one is at the forefront – it will be a coup for the club.’’

Stubbins said losses to Brisbane Roar (4-0) and Sydney FC (4-2) at the Townsville Football Cup late last month highlighted a need to bolster their midfield.

‘‘It gave us an insight of where we were, our strengths and where we were a little bit short,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘Central midfield is an area we have to strengthen. It is well documented that we have lost a few players in that area.’’

Late arrival Billy Celeski did not travel to Townsville and Ben Kantarovski was restricted by a knee problem. Both are expected to feature in a friendly against Wellington at Magic Park on Saturday. Goodwin was released by the Jets on Friday after an approach by Adelaide, with whom he has since penned a two-year-deal.

‘‘It frees up a spot for us and we need to strengthen in other areas,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘It has been a balancing of the books. We are disappointed to lose him but at the same time it is about us moving forward as a club and a group.’’

Goodwin’s exit follows that of fellow youngsters Adam Taggart, Josh Brillante and Mitch Oxborrow, and experienced duo Ruben Zadkovich and Zenon Caravella.

Adelaide defender Allan Welsh is expected to sign as an injury replacement for Josh Barresi (knee reconstruction), leaving three places available on the Jets roster.

Goodwin joined the Jets in 2012 from the Melbourne Heart and signed a two-year extension last season.

Playing mainly as a left winger, he made his Socceroos debut at the 2013 East Asian Cup, which followed a trial with then English Premier League club Reading.

But in two seasons at the Jets the Adelaide-born left footer was unable to cement a starting spot, playing off the bench in nine of 19 appearances last season.

‘‘Craig has been a good kid and acquitted himself well,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘Once the offer was presented, we sifted through it and came up with the answer we did.

‘‘It was best for all parties that we part ways in a way that was very amicable.’’

www.theherald.com.au/story/2545745/paartalu-back-in-the-picture-as-craig-goodwin-heads-home-video/?cs=306

nf.net exclusive right there fella's :rof::woo::yap::lulzturtle:

joel31
09-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Proof that Middleby reads the foz

GazFish35
09-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Proof that Middleby reads the foz

Proof herald journos read the Foz.

joel31
09-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah it's probs that

hawk
09-09-2014, 10:18 AM

no wonder the Herald sacked Corbett you guys were always way in front.

furns
09-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Might have to start invoicing Fairfax

Premy
09-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Couscous to defend the Herald in 3-2-1.

Couscous
09-09-2014, 03:44 PM
nf.net exclusive right there fella's :rof::woo::yap::lulzturtle:

How about you quote the first few paras, and then let readers visit the Herald site for more details, pal?

Blackmac79
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
How about you quote the first few paras, and then let readers visit the Herald site for more details, pal?

Or he could do as he has done and save us good folk from having ads splashed across our screens and cookies saved on our computers.

Less information advertisers have to tell me what I should like, the better.

Keep up the good work Pico!

Couscous
09-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Less advertisers have to tell me what I should like the better

Some people sell snake oil for a living, mate. What do you have against the children of salesmen? They need bread, too.

Couscous
09-09-2014, 03:52 PM
(Disclosure: I use AdBlocker.)

Blackmac79
09-09-2014, 03:53 PM
Some people sell snake oil for a living, mate. What do you have against the children of salesmen? They need bread, too.

Didn't think of the salesmen....

At least the have given up door knocking

Jetmaster
12-09-2014, 09:01 AM
McGlinchey to Wellos...

Central Coast Mariners reach agreement allowing Michael McGlinchey to join Wellington Phoenix

Updated about 10 hours agoThu 11 Sep 2014, 9:50pm

Central Coast Mariners said Thursday a mutual termination of New Zealand international Michael McGlinchey's contract with the club has been finalised and he is free to join A-League rivals Wellington Phoenix.

McGlinchey has agreed to compensate the Mariners for the early termination of his contract in order to join New Zealand-based outfit Phoenix.

The 27-year-old midfielder, who has played 26 internationals for New Zealand, was contracted to the Mariners between 2009 and 2013, highlighted by winning the 2013 A-League title.

"Central Coast Mariners are satisfied that the matter with Michael McGlinchey is now resolved, and are pleased that the club's full focus can now be on success on and off the pitch throughout A-League season," the club said in a statement.

Thomas477
12-09-2014, 01:41 PM
lulz

pv4
12-09-2014, 04:17 PM

:rof:

lquiquer
12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
No A-League / Victory for Malouda, he just signed with Metz

joel31
12-09-2014, 11:12 PM
never trust wiki

Tommyjet
13-09-2014, 08:00 AM
So middleby and bridges at Stoke city. I hope this is purely a visit as I'm a gooner and gooners don't like stoke. Anyone know any more about this?

GazFish35
13-09-2014, 08:20 AM
So middleby and bridges at Stoke city. I hope this is purely a visit as I'm a gooner and gooners don't like stoke. Anyone know any more about this?

They'll boo them both. They boo the sick.

Premy
15-09-2014, 08:36 PM
One could only imagine the media circus had this been at a Football game instead of League

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/abuse-sparked-brawl-at-ipswich-rugby-league-game-20140915-10h3c2.html