PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Premy
16-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Sydney Derby has sold more tickets then this weekends NRL finals already.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/sydney-derby-outselling-two-nrl-finals/us7bjuqvfe5p1owjvy8961as4

Retro Jet
19-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Jonny Steele mentioned in one of the latest FIFA News Centre release. re: His boots!
http://www.fifa.com/newscentre/features/news/newsid=2440086/index.html?cid=newsletter_en_20140918_newsid

lquiquer
19-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Ben Khalfallah ..... Not a bad signing for the Retard.....why couldn't we even approach him? FFS the muppet show trio too busy having celeb shot in UK

Retro Jet
20-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Sydney Derby has sold more tickets then this weekends NRL finals already.

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/sydney-derby-outselling-two-nrl-finals/us7bjuqvfe5p1owjvy8961as4

Yeah....the Besart Berish bit for Melb Victory I don't buy in the vid.....poor choice there.

Premy
20-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Ben Khalfallah ..... Not a bad signing for the Retard.....why couldn't we even approach him? FFS the muppet show trio too busy having celeb shot in UKReason 1. Kew
Reason 2. Hannah
Reason 3. Jono
Reason 4. Flava
Reason 5. New Man

MFKS
20-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Reason 1. Kew
Reason 2. Hannah
Reason 3. Jono
Reason 4. Flava
Reason 5. New Man

That's not really the muppet shows fault though that we have no foreigner spots available.

Other than Kew the other 4 blokes HAVE been signed by the current coach

Premy
20-09-2014, 08:39 AM
That's not really the muppet shows fault though that we have no foreigner spots available.

Other than Kew the other 4 blokes HAVE been signed by the current coach
Not denying that. The question lquiquer asked was "why couldn't we even approach him? "
Then he laid blame on the O/S trip as to why the muppet show couldn't approach him. Blind, Deaf and Dumb Freedie can tell you that we didn't approach him because we've filled our foreigner quota.

plague
20-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Blind, Deaf and Dumb Freedie can tell you that we didn't approach him because we've filled our foreigner quota.

Well technically 'Dumb' Freddie can't tell you because, you know, he can't talk.
But I get your point.

GazFish35
20-09-2014, 08:50 AM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/video/newcastle-jets---this-is-our-beautiful-game/986461

Speaks volumes for last season.

Players left their mark....... Brillantes cross for joey Gibbs' mis hit toe poke (no vision of taggart at all)
This is the beautiful that sets us apart....... Vision of hoole upending some Adelaide player.
And makes us impossible to ignore....... Vision of the scrappiest goal mouth scramble in club history.

Is not very inspiring. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Grimario
20-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Well technically 'Dumb' Freddie can't tell you because, you know, he can't talk.
But I get your point.

Sign language. He's dumb, not dumb. Duh.

Premy
20-09-2014, 09:15 AM
But I get your point.:roflz::woo:

MFKS
20-09-2014, 09:28 AM
But I get your point.

What happened to Freddie anyway??

Last I heard he was blind now the poor bloke is not only deaf but dumb as well.

Poor Bloke

plague
20-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Sign language. He's dumb, not dumb. Duh.

What if he's trying to sign to Blind Freddie?
PANDEMONIUM!!!!!!!!!!

lquiquer
20-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Reason 1. Kew
Reason 2. Hannah
Reason 3. Jono
Reason 4. Flava
Reason 5. New Man

fair point

Grimario
24-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Theo Cleetus out for 8 weeks with wrist fracture.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-24/michael-theo-out-for-eight-weeks/5765740?section=sport

Happy Couscous, linking to the article instead of pasting it?

Grimario
24-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has appointed respected Belgian youth coach Eric Abrams as the new Technical Director to oversee the Elite Youth Player Development and Coach Education strategies of Australian football.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/ffa-appoints-eric-abrams-as-national-technical-director/62j0e8fjqx261r9qczf44vuvi

Couscous
24-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Happy Couscous, linking to the article instead of pasting it?

Who gives a fig about linking to those parasites at the ABC, forever filching yarns from The Herald (http://www.theherald.com.au/sport/90minutes/).

Grimario
24-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Who gives a fig about linking to those parasites at the ABC, forever filching yarns from The Herald (http://www.theherald.com.au/sport/90minutes/).

:lulz:

Grimario
24-09-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/montefiore-cheese-signs-as-coach-sponsor/8uoouutmdaky1p5xuyaew41yr

Montefiore Cheese signs as Coach Sponsor

he Newcastle Jets are pleased to announce award winning cheese brand Montefiore Cheese as Coach Sponsor for the 2014-15 Hyundai A-League Season.
Montefiore Cheese will show their support for new Head Coach Phil Stubbins by becoming his sponsor and displaying their logo on Stubbins' training and match day apparel.

This new sponsorship coincides with exciting growth of the premium cheese brand which is now available nationally in leading supermarkets.

"I have enjoyed a great relationship with Turi Foods, the owners of Montefiore Cheese, since I was a coach at Whittlesea Stallions in the Victoria Premier League and they are great supporters and fans of football," Newcastle Jets Head Coach Phil Stubbins said.

"I am delighted Montefiore has come on board as a sponsor of the Jets. We wish them all the best with this new range of products and hope we can have a successful season together."

Chairman of Turi Foods, Sam Cuteri said the company was delighted to partner with the Jets.

“Our relationship with Phil Stubbins goes back a long way and we are delighted to be supporting him in his first role as an A League Coach. We wish Phil and the team all the best for the upcoming season," Mr Cuteri said.

"Montefiore has produced many winning performances with its cheese products. We look forward to witnessing some winning performances on the pitch this season.”

For more information visit www.montefiore.com.au

parksey
24-09-2014, 03:47 PM
we done it

Couscous
24-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Some great recipes (http://www.montefiore.com.au/#recipes). Get around them.

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/di/library/Newcastle_Jets/f9/5c/phil-stubbins_xxxfcdagg0to1xzy5aj88hbun.jpg?t=-1515415072

furns
24-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Finally, someone has shown us the cheese.

MFKS
24-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Yep

We have world class admin when we are signing no name sponsors know **** has ever heard about.

Viva HSG :thumbsup:

Jeterpool
24-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Yep

We have world class admin when we are signing no name sponsors know **** has ever heard about.

Viva HSG :thumbsup:

Every company was a no name company at some stage. Who cares who it is, more revenue for the club.

MFKS
24-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Every company was a no name company at some stage. Who cares who it is, more revenue for the club.

HSG and Newy Jets are doing a damn good job at keeping themselves no name

furns
24-09-2014, 05:31 PM
There is no HSG.

Grimario
24-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Only Zuul

GazFish35
24-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Cheeses puns go mouldy very quickly. Brie careful.

furns
24-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Only Zuul :roflz:

plague
24-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Cheeses puns go mouldy very quickly. Brie careful.

I've heard some bad ones already, but that's pretty Gouda.

WolfMan
24-09-2014, 10:37 PM
We need to hire Peter Russell Clarke in some capacity

GazFish35
24-09-2014, 11:25 PM
We need to get all the puns out now before they start grating on us.

25-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Too many holes in this story for my taste.

Retro Jet
25-09-2014, 01:35 AM
We need to hire Peter Russell Clarke in some capacity

To promote this f***ing club, no less...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0X-OBEgkas

GazFish35
25-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Too many holes in this story for my taste.

You're off your block.

Bon
25-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Only Zuul

:roflz:

Skirt Boy
25-09-2014, 08:53 AM

Many local and small companies get into the sponsorship bandwagon of national and international sports to get brand awareness as it can generally be a lot cheaper then massive advertising campaigns.

Anyways

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/974383

belchardo
25-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Many local and small companies get into the sponsorship bandwagon of national and international sports to get brand awareness as it can generally be a lot cheaper then massive advertising campaigns.

Anyways

https://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/974383

4 years ago we were making everyone vomit too, so looks like we're a good fit.

pv4
25-09-2014, 10:48 AM
4 months ago we were making everyone vomit too, so looks like we're a good fit.

Fixed

joel31
25-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Fantastic announcement its great to see our club do something with their time

GazFish35
25-09-2014, 05:45 PM
The lack of cheese puns is concerning. Moar please.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this relationship matures.

hawk
25-09-2014, 06:44 PM
http://www.covingtontravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Cheesehead-hat.jpg

belchardo
25-09-2014, 09:33 PM
The lack of cheese puns is concerning. Moar please.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this relationship matures.

you could say there is an abondance of puns out there

25-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Yep certainly in need of some more Krafty puns.

Grimario
25-09-2014, 09:55 PM
I look at the last few posts and realise these puns are awful. All I can do is Edam and weep.

plague
25-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I look at the last few posts and realise these puns are awful. All I can do is Edam and weep.

Yeah it's pretty bad. I've urda nuff .I'm going to goats somewhere else.

plague
25-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Mods should probably put a Banon any more crappy puns.

lquiquer
25-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Gruyere could sponsor our defence......

Beeen
25-09-2014, 10:51 PM
I reckon it'd be driving emmental

Grimario
25-09-2014, 11:06 PM

Am I the only one that reads an awesome post from themselves and goes Ohhhhh, Hallllooouumi!

GazFish35
25-09-2014, 11:37 PM
This is much much feta. Thank you.

GazFish35
25-09-2014, 11:39 PM
And they say there's no culture in Newy.

Pico
26-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Taylor Regan ready to put Marcos Flores first for Jets

By ROBERT DILLON
Sept. 25, 2014, 10:30 p.m

TAYLOR Regan has welcomed the challenge of working hard in midfield so that Marcos Flores can shine for the Newcastle Jets this season.

With first-choice midfielders Ben Kantarovski (knee) and Billy Celeski (groin) sidelined after surgery and Ruben Zadkovich, Josh Brillante and Zenon Caravella all off-season departures, Regan and Jacob Pepper are expected to deputise in tomorrow’s trial against the Young Socceroos at Bluetongue Stadium and in the early rounds of the A-League campaign.

Best known as a central defender, Regan says his priority will be to ease the workload on Flores, the former A-League player of the year who is returning from a knee reconstruction.

‘‘I think every midfielder and every player wants to be involved in creating and scoring goals,’’ Regan said yesterday.

‘‘It’s just about whatever role suits the team.

‘‘We have someone like Marcos Flores, who’s an attacking midfielder, so if myself and Jacob Pepper can be his workhorses and let him save his legs, then when we get the ball we can find those sort of players and they can work their magic.

‘‘I think that’s the best plan. We do the dirty work and he provides the magic that we all know he has.’’

Regan said he gained some experience in the midfield in Newcastle’s youth team.

He was also used in that capacity occasionally in the A-League by former Jets coach Gary van Egmond.

‘‘The main difference is the awareness,’’ he said.

‘‘When you’re at the back, you know that everything is in front of you. In midfield, you have to have 360-degree vision and I have to get used to that. It’s just a matter of understanding where I need to be and when I need to be there.’’

Off contract at season’s end, Regan said he was happy to play wherever it best suited the team but acknowledged it was good for him to have options, especially with skipper Kew Jaliens and former Socceroo Adrian Madaschi providing stiff competition for the central-defensive positions.

‘‘Sometimes it is good to have a couple of positions up your sleeve, because you’re more of an asset to the squad,’’ he said.

‘‘But at the same time I’d love to focus on one position and cement a position, whether that be in midfield or as centre back.

‘‘The fact the coach has me in his plans is the main thing, and hopefully over the next couple of weeks we can gel as a team and come round one we’re flying.’’

The 25-year-old Dudley-Redhead junior has played in 52 games for his home-town club but not in a playoff game.

‘‘The closest I came [to the finals] was I sat on the bench in my first season,’’ he said.

‘‘But we realise it’s been too long since we made the finals.

‘‘It hurts and it’s not good enough.

‘‘That’s our goal this year. We really want to be involved in those games and show we’re the team that our fans and the town deserve.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2585927/taylor-to-put-flores-first/?cs=306 (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/)

That midfield combo really does worry me, I really hope billy the kid heals up fast.

pv4
26-09-2014, 07:42 AM
I've watched Regan play CM multiple times for the senior squad and haven't been impressed once. This will turn out horribly, I sadly feel.

I can't believe we're in this state going into the season. I gathered some form of optimism (where from, I have NFI) that Stubbins would put an end to the normal service BS that we're used to from the Jerks and their squad building in preseason etc, but it's the same fxxxing sad story as usual.

leftrightout
26-09-2014, 07:52 AM
It really isnt a good look when we let all these midfielders go because we had too many and all of a sudden we dont have any.
In saying that, i wasnt again those guys being released,except brillante obviously. I honestly thought we could do better, I was wrong.. dam!

MFKS
26-09-2014, 08:08 AM
I for one am glad we have such thin Midfield stocks.

Finally Pepper will get his chance in his correct position.

Tommyjet
26-09-2014, 08:29 AM

After watching training yesterday I'm very happy with pepper back in midfield. If he stays composed he should be a regular in the there for us

Jeterpool
26-09-2014, 08:30 AM
How is Mitch Cooper travelling? I understand he was brought in as more of an attacking option, but perhaps he is an option to step into the CM role, especially if we are expecting one of the holders to push a little bit further forward.

Pepper impressed me a lot when he came on against the Nix the other week too.

Bon
26-09-2014, 08:36 AM

You got it right there, Member..

Tommyjet
26-09-2014, 01:20 PM
How is Mitch Cooper travelling? I understand he was brought in as more of an attacking option, but perhaps he is an option to step into the CM role, especially if we are expecting one of the holders to push a little bit further forward.

Pepper impressed me a lot when he came on against the Nix the other week too.

Wasn't involved in any of the match play training yesterday. He was kitted tho and doing some agility and running stuff

Mark325
26-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Was Hoole training? Gonna hope he is fit for the opening round

Tommyjet
26-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Was Hoole training? Gonna hope he is fit for the opening round

Yeah he trained. Hoole and virgili occupied the right wing. Hooley was doing what he does best, twisting and turning players inside out. He got polaxed by paratore at one stage but seemed to handle the contact well.
I like what hoole brings to the team but we need to see it with more consistency. The last couple of seasons we have only seen it in dribs and drabs.

joel31
26-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Regn lacks the attributes to be a mid. I'd rather play Michael Kanta

Jetmaster
27-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Griff has a minor hip injury....apparently caused by "talking to" his wife on the kitchen bench.

Sure Griff....probably "talked" her brains out....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2588206/joel-griffiths-fired-up-for-a-win/?cs=306

WolfMan
28-09-2014, 09:42 AM
He was torquing to his wife...

parksey
28-09-2014, 10:04 AM
onya griff

WolfMan
28-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Made a Calendar (webcal://p08-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/PZ7gKL1YJbixzInzD38c8OntWec_siNMRpHgSIr4ZdR3fyqpRx qTRRsk_BheXPRx5vCGwvyB7pociJ8R1TkEryiFMmdqMrqWg2WG EBrhmUI) for Iphones/Ipads etc. with our schedule.

Mods - Feel free to move this if this is a bad spot.

Pico
29-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Marcos Flores, David Carney boost Jets
By JAMES GARDINER
Sept. 28, 2014, 11:30 p.m

MARCOS Flores produced some flashes of quality and got through 45 energetic minutes, but Jets coach Phil Stubbins plans to play a waiting game with the Argentinian playmaker.

Starting in his preferred role behind the striker, Flores helped set the Jets on their way to a 2-1 win over the Young Socceroos in Gosford on Saturday.

The game against the national under-20s was the Jets’ final competitive hitout before they open the A-League season against the Central Coast Mariners in Gosford on October 11.

It was Flores’s first start and third appearance overall since reconstructive surgery on his knee in January.

To date his longest shift has been 45 minutes.

‘‘It was a test for us to see what he was like from the start,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘We all know he is not at his best yet, but he showed some flashes.

‘‘He is able to link between the back and the front, and his creativity is something that is very good. There will be no pressure to rush Marcos. If he is ready, he will play.’’

Injuries have hindered the Jets’ preparations.

Ben Kantarovski (knee), Billy Celeski (groin) and Mitch Cooper (knee) have been ruled out of round one and Stubbins said he was yet settle on a side.

‘‘There are six or seven players we have pencilled in, simply because they have the cohesion of playing together in the past three or four games,’’ he said.

One certainty is David Carney at left back. The former Socceroo was a standout and helped lay on both goals against the Young Socceroos.

He burst down the left and cut a ball back for Jacob Pepper to drive home from the edge of the box in the 18th minute.

Seven minutes later, he chipped over the top of the defence for Jeronimo to collect and finish coolly.

‘‘When a pass needs to be made he has the quality to execute it in the right way,’’ Stubbins said.

‘‘He did a great job on the left-hand side linking with Jonny Steele.’’

The make-up of the defence appears settled.

Sam Gallagher has the jump on Adrian Madaschi (calf) at left stopper, with Kew Jaliens and Scott Neville completing the back four.

Makeshift pair Taylor Regan and Jacob Pepper will start in midfield.

Up front, Steele will play at left wing, but the other places are up for grabs.

Jeronimo, Joel Griffiths and Ecuadorean Edson Montano have been used in varying roles. James Virgili is also in contention for right wing.

‘‘We will see which combination works,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘On Saturday we put out a combination which seemed to work.’’

Overall Stubbins was happy with the performance.

‘‘It is always good to win the last game before you kick off the season and get some confidence around the camp. Not only did we get a result, we played in a much better fashion.’’

Former Leicester youth team captain Robert Paratore played the final 15 minutes.

‘‘Robert acquitted himself well, but I think he needs a bit of time before he is ready to go as a regular first-team A-League player,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘There are a couple of players we have spoken to. It is a bit different in how we have gone about creating an avenue to bring them to the club. Hopefully that bears fruit in the next 48 hours.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2589944/flores-carney-boost-jets/?cs=306 (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/)

Looks like you're in the minority furns, Carney easily our best option at left back.

Interesting at the end too... my guess would be that its a visa player, but that could only be for 10 games as a guest, might be long enough to get us to the January transfer window / injuries back on deck.

pv4
29-09-2014, 08:08 AM
my guess would be that its a visa player

Even under a guest stint, I don't think we're allowed another visa player. We've already used up the 5 available.

joel31
29-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Gallagher in defence -> our slim chances are gone
But no Gallaway at left back :D

pv4
29-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Gallagher in defence -> our slim chances are gone

At the Mudgee game I didn't see him do anything noticeably bad tbh.

It took me a while to work out who he was though - for ages I thought it was Hoole :rof:

Blackmac79
29-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Walsh is pretty bad.

Jeterpool
29-09-2014, 09:52 AM
At the Mudgee game I didn't see him do anything noticeably bad tbh.

It took me a while to work out who he was though - for ages I thought it was Hoole :rof:

I didn't think he did anything terrible in the Nix game either.

leftrightout
29-09-2014, 10:17 AM
I didn't think he did anything terrible in the Nix game either.

Isnt it funny that the form we are choosing our centre back for the first game is "he didnt do anything terrible"
Good old jets!

Jeterpool
29-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Isnt it funny that the form we are choosing our centre back for the first game is "he didnt do anything terrible"
Good old jets!

I phrased my response because of the langauge used by Pv4, but I get your point.

I will therefore say I thought he did the job against the Nix and was better than Kew.

borat
29-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Even under a guest stint, I don't think we're allowed another visa player. We've already used up the 5 available.

We are, guest players are outside the quota

borat
29-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Hoping Paratore is signed on an injury replacement for Baresi though

joel31
29-09-2014, 10:57 AM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/chemistry-the-key-for-jets-ahead-of-round-1-f3-derby/1xd35h3mr12g61iwaut4vuypfx
Griff is photogenic

Blackmac79
29-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Griff.

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Apparently we are looking at disgruntled mids from other a-league clubs, start going through the teams lads, we getting another reject.

joel31
29-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Newcastle rejects won the league the season before last now Newcastle is for rejects

MFKS
29-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Looks like you're in the minority furns, Carney easily our best option at left back.

Interesting at the end too... my guess would be that its a visa player, but that could only be for 10 games as a guest, might be long enough to get us to the January transfer window / injuries back on deck.

He is easily our best option at Left Back cause we don't have anyone ****ing else. Gallaway?? Gallashit?? Your having a laugh. Carney is our best option at present

Doesn't mean he was the BEST option we had. The best option we had was released to Adelaide so as a result a player who is best suited to an attacking role is gonna be wasted to play at Left Back

Stroke of ****ing genius that

Middleby In

Blackmac79
29-09-2014, 12:25 PM
It's all tinks fault for taking as much money from sponsorships as he could and running.

borat
29-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Apparently we are looking at disgruntled mids from other a-league clubs, start going through the teams lads, we getting another reject.

Cameron Edwards
Rostyn Griffiths
Cameron Watson
Nick Kalmar
Steven Lustica

borat
29-09-2014, 12:55 PM
He is easily our best option at Left Back cause we don't have anyone ****ing else. Gallaway?? Gallashit?? Your having a laugh. Carney is our best option at present

Doesn't mean he was the BEST option we had. The best option we had was released to Adelaide so as a result a player who is best suited to an attacking role is gonna be wasted to play at Left Back

Stroke of ****ing genius that

Middleby In

Nothing to do with the Left Midfielder Stubbins signed from NYRB..........

pv4
29-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Nick Kalmar

I would lose my shit, in a good way. Love the guy so much.

borat
29-09-2014, 01:05 PM

Quite possible IMO. They have signed Mooy, Partalu, Koren & Brown and still have Murdocca. MC would still want to strengthen in other areas too.

MFKS
29-09-2014, 01:08 PM

That bloke would have to be the 2nd biggest waste of space in the HAL behind the Hoff.

Bloke does nothing all season bar one game and somehow keeps a contract in the HAL

Even Gallaway is better than that bloke

joel31
29-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Lustica is decent

joel31
29-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Bridges will talk himself up as a centre mid and will get the start in round 1

pv4
29-09-2014, 01:25 PM
That bloke would have to be the 2nd biggest waste of space in the HAL behind the Hoff.

Bloke does nothing all season bar one game and somehow keeps a contract in the HAL

Even Gallaway is better than that bloke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I'll throw Vincent lia in the mix, not because I want him, he may be an open

Jeterpool
29-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Lustica is decent

He is decent, I agree. I got the feeling that he never really wanted to be at Adelaide and worked a move back to Brisbane. He is always on the subs bench and would be a long shot in my opinion unless the situation up there has changed.

pv4
29-09-2014, 02:11 PM
I reckon we should try and nab Murdocca for the games that Celeski is out, then use Celeski.

borat
29-09-2014, 02:12 PM
I reckon we should try and nab Murdocca for the games that Celeski is out, then use Celeski.

Murdocca is their captain I think. I don't see it happening

borat
29-09-2014, 02:13 PM
He is decent, I agree. I got the feeling that he never really wanted to be at Adelaide and worked a move back to Brisbane. He is always on the subs bench and would be a long shot in my opinion unless the situation up there has changed.

They just signed Sarota. Lustica is from Canberra and jumps from team to team where he will get the best chance to play.

GazFish35
29-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Lustica might be influenced by Ljubo's experiences at the club.
That could mean anything though.

pv4
29-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Lustica might be influenced by Ljubo's experiences at the club.
That could mean anything though.

It doesn't sound to me like those two were ever very close.

I remember when Ljubo went MIA after his Hajduk spell, the guy from OS Aussies interviewed Steve and one of the questions was what Ljubo was up to and Steve had NFI and I don't think showed a heap of worry about not knowing.

I'm not saying there was friction or whatever - just that I don't think they were heaps close, judging solely off an interview here and there.

Jeterpool
29-09-2014, 03:09 PM
They just signed Sarota. Lustica is from Canberra and jumps from team to team where he will get the best chance to play.

Well he'd certainly get a run with us.

parksey
29-09-2014, 04:04 PM
sign roy griff

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Rostyn griff is a Perth boy originally and one of their poster boys for having more locals in the squad, highly unlikely he'd be granted a release even if he wanted to leave

The Dunster
29-09-2014, 04:21 PM
It doesn't sound to me like those two were ever very close.

I remember when Ljubo went MIA after his Hajduk spell, the guy from OS Aussies interviewed Steve and one of the questions was what Ljubo was up to and Steve had NFI and I don't think showed a heap of worry about not knowing.

I'm not saying there was friction or whatever - just that I don't think they were heaps close, judging solely off an interview here and there.

Only a gypo would show a complete lack of love for Ljubo. :shock:

Just because Lustica gave the interviewer nothing doesn't mean he was clueless on the matter or didn't care.

It simply means he didn't tell the inteviewer what Ljubo was up to.

The Dunster
29-09-2014, 04:24 PM
The way this club runs I could see the club signing Nick Mrja for a ten week guest stint at the club.

Nothing suprises me anymore.

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 04:36 PM
George lambadaridis, Rhyan grant, rashid mahazi are some more names

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Anyone listen to soccer stoppage time? James Gardiner from the herald on tonight's program, may have some transfer rumours or goss on where the sale of the club is at.

borat
29-09-2014, 05:15 PM
George lambadaridis, Rhyan grant, rashid mahazi are some more names

Grant is still injured as he suffered a setback recently. Arnold doesn't strike me as the type to let any players go considering he turned us down on Gligor a couple of months back

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Grant is still injured as he suffered a setback recently. Arnold doesn't strike me as the type to let any players go considering he turned up down on Gligor a couple of months back

Yeah agree about Arnold. My money is on kalmar or mahazi

furns
29-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Anyone listen to soccer stoppage time? James Gardiner from the herald on tonight's program, may have some transfer rumours or goss on where the sale of the club is at.

I do, but only via podcast

GazFish35
29-09-2014, 06:28 PM
When's it on? I might tunein

Premy
29-09-2014, 06:46 PM
When's it on? I might tunein
Tonight 9pm
http://streema.com/radios/2MM_Radio

Premy
29-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Gardner mentioned Stubbins inquired about Cameron Watson at Adelaide United currently out with a broken foot.

GazFish35
29-09-2014, 09:25 PM
I call bullshit. This club would never go after an injured player.

Tommyjet
29-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Gardner mentioned Stubbins inquired about Cameron Watson at Adelaide United currently out with a broken foot.

Decent player but hilarious us possibly signing another injured player. Clayton zane said on the news that the jets have been approached by the players (ie their agents) rather than jets approaching them.

MFKS
29-09-2014, 09:44 PM
I call bullshit. This club would never go after an injured player.

Thats pretty bang on

All our prospective players are fit when we negotiate with them

As soon as we sign them we then find out they are injured.

Reckon the pen Jets use to sign contracts must be heavy and injure them of something.

PEN OUT

pv4
30-09-2014, 06:26 AM

Just because Lustica gave the interviewer nothing doesn't mean he was clueless on the matter or didn't care.

It simply means he didn't tell the inteviewer what Ljubo was up to.

Where exactly did I show complete lack of Ljubo? I worship the guy. Bon, Premy, erryone will vouch for that.

If anything I showed no love for Lustica, but even that's a stretch.

And, like I said, Steve said he was clueless on the matter, and gave indication that he didn't care.

That was probably your worst post ever, Dunster.

Premy
30-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Where exactly did I show complete lack of Ljubo? I worship the guy. Bon, Premy, erryone will vouch for that.
For You're Fedora!!!!!

Skirt Boy
30-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Awesome player bit of a wally as a person IMO

The Dunster
30-09-2014, 03:14 PM
That was probably your worst post ever, Dunster.

Big call. I've posted some real shockers over the years.

Couscous
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Apologies if I'm not meant to mention this here (perhaps it's regarded as breaching a forum member's privacy?), but I did enjoy the (non-Thai) happy ending to this police drama (http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2595405/police-forced-to-pay-costs-of-jets-fan/?cs=3398).

Drew Jose, 22, was accused of grabbing an officer's testicles during a fracas in the crowd at the Jets' home game against the Western Sydney Wanderers on December 14.

He pleaded not guilty to assault and was acquitted by magistrate Robert Stone two weeks ago.

Mr Stone found that Mr Jose's evidence was "genuine" and "credible" while there were a number of discrepancies in the prosecution case.

http://transform.fairfaxregional.com.au/transform/v1/resize/frm/storypad-3ZMaZUzN3dKuM6vrzTJmtN/844217d1-4769-468c-988e-f76e448f775b.jpg/w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

northern_swan
01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
I had wondered if the fella in question had a stadium ban from the FFA, and if so, has said stadium ban been lifted given he has been found not guilty? If not, why not?

Blackmac79
02-10-2014, 04:01 AM
Yes.

Not yet.

FFA don't need to follow procedural fairness. They can ban you just for asking if they like. Doesn't matter if you've done nothing wrong legally.

Edit: that photo is of Danny burt, however you have to love the cop on the left side of the photograph reaching over to grab/hit/spray (hard to see exactly what). Blokes already in cuffs by that stage and being walked out. What need that cop has to lean in like that I will never know.

Wankers the lot of them that night.

Edit 2: noticed the cop on the right grabbing the face too. Police are tough when there are a dozen of them and they have their sticks, spray and tasers.

baldrick
02-10-2014, 05:55 AM
COMEBACK: Zenon Caravella.

ZENON Caravella is set to answer an SOS from the Newcastle Jets and return to the A-League.

Caravella had a year to run on his contract when he quit in June to move to Cairns and help run the family-owned backpackers resort.

In announcing his decision at the time, the clever playmaker said it was time to ‘‘put my energy into something else’’.

However, with the Jets’ midfield stocks dry, the Newcastle Herald understands the 31-year-old is poised for a comeback.

After missing out on Erik Paartalu to Melbourne City, Jets coach Phil Stubbins said he would not comment on contract negotiations until they were finalised.

But the Herald understands that Caravella will meet with Newcastle management this week and could be on deck for training on Monday.

The industrious midfielder has kept in shape playing with Far North Queensland Heat in the Queensland National Premier League and runs a football coaching academy in Cairns.

He helped steer the Heat to second place, but they lost 5-4 to eventual winners Brisbane Olympic in the semi-final on September 6, which is his most recent game.

Caravella played 25 games for the Jets in a season and a half after moving from Adelaide midway through the 2012-13 campaign.

After a slow start last season, he finished the campaign in career-best form, highlighted by a man-of-the-match performance in a 2-0 win over Western Sydney in round 21.

Caravella’s unexpected exit at the end of the campaign came a fortnight after skipper Ruben Zadkovich was released to join Perth Glory.

Since their departure, the Jets have lost Josh Brillante to Fiorentina and allowed promising teenager Mitch Oxborrow to return to Perth for personal reasons.

Billy Celeski was brought in, but he and Ben Kantarovski, the only other recognised midfielder in the squad, have undergone groin and knee surgeries respectively and will miss the start of the season.

Contract talks with Paartalu fell through after big-spending Melbourne City gazumped the Jets with a four-year deal.

Former Leicester youth team captain Robert Paratore came and went on trial.

Jacob Pepper and Taylor Regan have teamed up in central midfield in the past two pre-season games, a scoreless draw with the Mariners in Mudgee and a 2-1 win over the Young Socceroos in Gosford on Saturday.

The two local products, who have each occupied defensive roles in recent seasons, are likely to start in the A-League opener against the Mariners in nine days.

However, Caravella, subject to signing and fitness, could be an option for the bench.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2598614/caravella-ready-to-rejoin-jets/?cs=305

joel31
02-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Better than no one. Better than Regz in midfield

Premy
02-10-2014, 06:45 AM
FFS if that's the case I would prefer a local in Jobe. Back to pulling my hair out watching caravan do circles in the middle of the park.

Jeterpool
02-10-2014, 07:33 AM
FFS if that's the case I would prefer a local in Jobe.

I agree. We have an ex-captain sitting in our backyard waiting for the phone call. Jobe really matured while playing next to Wehrman and when Kasey was sent to do laps I remember watching Jobe and seeing Wehrman's technique coming though.

Thomas477
02-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Sorry Zenon, we have to let you go.

Few months later,

Zenon please come back, we need you!!!

KUTGW Middleny and co.

leftrightout
02-10-2014, 07:52 AM
FFS if that's the case I would prefer a local in Jobe. Back to pulling my hair out watching caravan do circles in the middle of the park.

I completely agree and im not a Jobe fan at all!

MFKS
02-10-2014, 07:53 AM
:rof: Bringing back players you let go as surplus to requirements :deadhorse:

hausmann
02-10-2014, 08:10 AM

Maybe not. He was mainly doing roundabouts because there was no support. I think he has a much better team around him this year. I'd pick Zenon over Jobe, so long as there is an enforcer type defensive midfielder next to him. Oh wait, I don't think we have one.

Bon
02-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Back to pulling my hair out so that I don't resemble him quite so much.

Fixed..

leftrightout
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Maybe not. He was mainly doing roundabouts because there was no support. I think he has a much better team around him this year. I'd pick Zenon over Jobe, so long as there is an enforcer type defensive midfielder next to him. Oh wait, I don't think we have one.

Hopefully you are right. Fact is, its a better option than what we have!

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Sorry Zenon, we have to let you go.

Few months later,

Zenon please come back, we need you!!!

KUTGW Middleny and co.

We have form in this matter. We did it to Eags too.

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Yes.

Not yet.

FFA don't need to follow procedural fairness. They can ban you just for asking if they like. Doesn't matter if you've done nothing wrong legally.

Edit: that photo is of Danny burt, however you have to love the cop on the left side of the photograph reaching over to grab/hit/spray (hard to see exactly what). Blokes already in cuffs by that stage and being walked out. What need that cop has to lean in like that I will never know.

Wankers the lot of them that night.

Edit 2: noticed the cop on the right grabbing the face too. Police are tough when there are a dozen of them and they have their sticks, spray and tasers.

Wonderful way to treat the "football family"

borat
02-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Yup Caravella is pretty disappointing news. It's not his circle work the ever bothered me, the guy cannot defend to save himself.

Would have rathered Paul Kohler

joel31
02-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Yup Caravella is pretty disappointing news. It's not his circle work the ever bothered me, the guy cannot defend to save himself.

Would have rathered Paul Kohler
especially concerning when we wanted a defensive midfielder

joel31
02-10-2014, 09:32 AM
I think it would be fair to say that Stubbins has screwed up his first transfer window. Yes we got some creativity in midfield but we let go our best left back option,our captain (our most industrious midfielder) and he neglected the need of a quality defensive midfielder. After missing out on the Spanish guy, he used all his spots up on attacking players, who we probably didn't need all 5 of them and in the end Stubbins put all his eggs in the basket for Paartalu and after that failed we're left signing someone whos not an A-League quality holding midfilder (I don't mind him in a more attacking role) who we previously rejected

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 09:34 AM
I think it would be fair to say that Stubbins has screwed up his first transfer window. Yes we got some creativity in midfield but we let go our best left back option,our captain (our most industrious midfielder) and he neglected the need of a quality defensive midfielder. After missing out on the Spanish guy, he used all his spots up on attacking players, who we probably didn't need all 5 of them and in the end Stubbins put all his eggs in the basket for Paartalu and after that failed we're left signing someone whos not an A-League quality holding midfilder (I don't mind him in a more attacking role) who we previously rejected

So what you're really saying is Stubbins = Wenger

borat
02-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Signing Steele was a mistake IMO. Seems like a really good player but a complete waste of a foreign spot when we already had Carney and Goodwin at the time.

That spot could have been used to buy any number of foreign CDMs on the market rather than the very few available Australians

Grimario
02-10-2014, 09:38 AM
So what you're really saying is Stubbins = Wenger

Nah, even with all his transfer failings, Wenger makes it into the top 20% of the league. We can't even make the top 60%.

But if it is true, expect long term injuries to whatever positions we have the least cover in.

joel31
02-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Signing Steele was a mistake IMO. Seems like a really good player but a complete waste of a foreign spot when we already had Carney and Goodwin at the time.

That spot could have been used to buy any number of foreign CDMs on the market rather than the very few available Australians
I agree, with game time Goodwin could've been just as good and we'd be more solid in the centre of the park as a result

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Nah, even with all his transfer failings, Wenger makes it into the top 20% of the league. We can't even make the top 60%.

But if it is true, expect long term injuries to whatever positions we have the least cover in.

Stubbins hasn't had a season to finish anywhere yet!

But I suppose the injuries are already happening, hence why we've had to get zenon back.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 09:49 AM
From memory, a lot of the time when I saw Caravella scurrying back out of position, it was because Gallaway turned the ball over cheaply. I guess that's case for any defensive midfielder. Stu Musialik always seemed to have good positioning to snuff out counter attacks back in the day. I'm hopeful that Caravellas defensive weaknesses (lack of defensive strength) may not be as exposed as much if Gallaway isn't playing and we aren't playing the hoof the ball up to Heskey who heads it on to the opposition defence kind of play that we saw last year (before the arrival of Carney and Griffiths, when we had genuine playmakers for Heskey to lay off to).

Tommyjet
02-10-2014, 09:55 AM
It was speculated on soccer stoppage time on Monday that stubbins had his hands tied with many of the signings. Purely rumour ofcourse but one of the hosts said his mail was that stubbins had little to do with most of the signings.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Who signed them then? Deans?

leftrightout
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Calling Stubbins a failure is a bit harsh when the season hasnt started yet. Im willing to give him a chance!

It seems we have gone the Melbourne Victory route. Sign a very impressive front third and hope the defenders can do enough. At least we should (for the love of god please) see some entertaining football, win or lose!

Grimario
02-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Calling Stubbins a failure is a bit harsh when the season hasnt started yet. Im willing to give him a chance!

It seems we have gone the Melbourne Victory route. Sign a very impressive front third and hope the defenders can do enough. At least we should (for the love of god please) see some entertaining football, win or lose!

Calling Stubbins a failure might be a bit harsh but you get mad street cred when he is sacked after going 1-1-8 to start the season.

Tommyjet
02-10-2014, 10:09 AM

Use your imagination

Grimario
02-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Use your imagination

Bridges.

furns
02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Palmer is the one in overall charge. I would hazard a guess he is the one who issued the directive to cut costs to the wage bill.

MFKS
02-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Palmer is the one in overall charge. I would hazard a guess he is the one who issued the directive to cut costs to the wage bill.
Isn't the club though obliged under the PFA agreed deal to spend a minimum on the salary cap anyway which ain't that far from the actual cap limit??

Looking through our squad you could argue some are overpaid individually but it ain't like we have 23 kids on minimum wage

Pico
02-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Looking through our squad you could argue some are overpaid individually but it ain't like we have 23 kids on minimum wage

Ironically 23 kids, which would be the full squad spots allocated,on minimum wage doesn't actually meet the mandatory salary floor in the collective agreement.

Tommyjet
02-10-2014, 11:28 AM
The host on sst seemed to have a rather strong grudge against middleby. Anyone on this forum happen to be a host on sst? Hehe

furns
02-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Minimum spend is 85% of cap
15% of $2.55Mil = $380k approx
No marquee wages = $400k (Heskeys rumoured salary)
So that's $800k cut from expenses.

MFKS
02-10-2014, 11:30 AM
The host on sst seemed to have a rather strong grudge against middleby. Anyone on this forum happen to be a host on sst? Hehe

I can categorically deny I have any involvement whatsoever

furns
02-10-2014, 11:33 AM

That would be Tony Rallis - who is a football agent. He is critical of the club under the HSG regime as being very difficult with the media.

Grimario
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
I can categorically deny I have any involvement whatsoever

It would be an improvement if you did. Have listened to it once, is absolutely horrendous.

furns
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
It would be an improvement if you did. Have listened to it once, is absolutely horrendous.
Lol the unprofessional nature of the show is part of its charm.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 11:41 AM

But Tommy Jet said that Stubbins had little to do with the signings. Palmer may say to cut costs but that doesn't mean that Stubbins can't still decide who to sign, albeit with financial restrictions.

Grimario
02-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Lol the unprofessional nature of the show is part of its charm.

Really? That's the reason I hate it, it seriously sounds like a bunch of morons from the Herald comments section getting together to breathe heavily through their mouths and spout garbage into a microphone.

furns
02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
But Tommy Jet said that Stubbins had little to do with the signings. Palmer may say to cut costs but that doesn't mean that Stubbins can't still decide who to sign, albeit with financial restrictions.Stubbins says "here, sign this bloke he is available for $x"
Palmer says "no that's too expensive, here is Gallagher who is available for half of $x"

Press release: Jets are pleased to announce the signing of Sam Gallagher.

Rinse & repeat.

belchardo
02-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Really? That's the reason I hate it, it seriously sounds like a bunch of morons from the Herald comments section getting together to breathe heavily through their mouths and spout garbage into a microphone.

so it's like here, but with sound? :D

Grimario
02-10-2014, 11:55 AM
so it's like here, but with sound? :D

We spout nonsense, not garbage. Most people on here know the name of marquee signings and wouldn't, for an entire show, refer to Robert Koren as "that Slovenian bloke" a dozen times.

Tommyjet
02-10-2014, 12:01 PM
I don't normally listen to it. They do apparently have a good track record at predicting transfers but I can't validate that as I rarely pay attention to sst. I merely posted the above for the purpose of discussion.

The main contentious signing tony rallis was alluding to was Sam Gallagher. It was said he trialled and stubbins declined but middleby stepped in and said Gallagher is the best you'll get Phil

Jeterpool
02-10-2014, 12:04 PM
We spout nonsense, not garbage. Most people on here know the name of marquee signings and wouldn't, for an entire show, refer to Robert Koren as "that Slovenian bloke" a dozen times.

I find this is a problem with a lot of podcasts. The first pod to have their contributors assigned to learning the names of players for a start and track their performances will be a jump ahead. 442 were very good for this reason.

I'll conceed however that for the most this isn't their day job, where-as for 442 it is.

Grimario
02-10-2014, 12:15 PM
I don't normally listen to it. They do apparently have a good track record at predicting transfers

They have a good track record at it because the bloke doing the predictions is a player agent who does it for a living. It's not the two buffoons who guess this stuff.

Tommyjet
02-10-2014, 12:28 PM
They have a good track record at it because the bloke doing the predictions is a player agent who does it for a living. It's not the two buffoons who guess this stuff.
They made some interesting comments regarding the sale of the club. Be hard to sell because current management must be kept and the average membership cost is so low not much money can be recouped

hausmann
02-10-2014, 12:32 PM
... because current management must be kept

Surely this is not a requirement in a firesale. Tinkler wants out so the management of a poorly performing club would be the first thing you'd want to cut. I can't see Tinkler knocking back an offer just to save Middleby's arse.

Regarding the price of tickets, a new owner can just raise the prices. That shouldn't be a massive hinderance.

What was the date of the podcast that they discussed all this?

Grimario
02-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Surely this is not a requirement in a firesale. Tinkler wants out so the management of a poorly performing club would be the first thing you'd want to cut.

Regarding the price of tickets, a new owner can just raise the prices. That shouldn't be a massive hinderance.

If you up the cost of GA another $80 or whatever it is to match the rest of the league, how many people are no longer members?

And you can't just cut staff... you have to pay out their contract. If the management really is inept, what is the cost to get rid of all of them and start fresh? Couple of years each on contract, few hundred thousand to get rid of the shit ones, pushing a million to get rid of the lot?

We aren't exactly an exciting purchase for anyone. Maybe opportunities during the Asian Cup are about the only thing going for us and that's just the region, not the club itself.

Tommyjet
02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Add to that we aren't a capital city which I reckon matters to overseas buyers

MFKS
02-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Obviously it is all speculation as to whether the club is gonna be run on minimum spends in the future but besides the minimum spend they are forced to do it ain't like we ain't running anywhere far from our rivals anyway.

Birraz BK Reegz Chilli Peppz Kanta Kew etc were under contract well before Tinks alleged firesale has started. Whenever this decision was reached we were already committed to spending plenty anyway. Add in griff and Carney who neither would have come cheap or taken a well below market offer and we are still spending heaps.

Flores Jeronimo Madaschi etc have been around the traps long enough to not have to sell themselves short.

The only way I can see us saving some coin is with the removal of players Goodwin/taggz/Beard/Zads etc and signing players on less coin.

All in all we may be on the path to getting shafted but HSG can't have done that much damage yet

hausmann
02-10-2014, 12:50 PM
If you up the cost of GA another $80 or whatever it is to match the rest of the league, how many people are no longer members?

And you can't just cut staff... you have to pay out their contract. If the management really is inept, what is the cost to get rid of all of them and start fresh? Couple of years each on contract, few hundred thousand to get rid of the shit ones, pushing a million to get rid of the lot?

We aren't exactly an exciting purchase for anyone. Maybe opportunities during the Asian Cup are about the only thing going for us and that's just the region, not the club itself.

Management aren't on contract.

Anyway, this is easily solved, they just buy the Jets A-League license, not the company. And then Tinkler makes them redundant from his now non-trading HSG.

Everyone knows the Jets memberships are a bargain. If people jump ship because the prices are raised to similar levels of other teams in the comp, are we really supporters? Are we only in it if we can handicap our team compared to other A-League teams in the one area we have influence ie. how much money we pay directly to the club? Anyway, the Gold and Silver memberships in prime seats are the ones I would expect to jump most in price.

Maybe they won't raise them straight away, maybe it will be in increments over a number of years. But you can't expect a new owner who doesn't own the Knights and so isn't leveraging on year round membership numbers to bring in sponsors (even though it didn't really work) to keep prices so low.

Grimario
02-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Management aren't on contract.

Anyway, this is easily solved, they just buy the Jets A-League license, not the company. And then Tinkler makes them redundant from his now non-trading HSG.

Everyone knows the Jets memberships are a bargain. If people jump ship because the prices are raised to similar levels of other teams in the comp, are we really supporters? Are we only in it if we can handicap our team compared to other A-League teams in the one area we have influence ie. how much money we pay directly to the club? Anyway, the Gold and Silver memberships in prime seats are the ones I would expect to jump most in price.

Stubbins and co aren't under contract?

Well, that's a surprise.

Unless you are specifically referring to people that are contracted to HSG such as your Palmer sorts, I am certain the rest will be employees of the Newcastle Jets and can't just be binned off because of a license handover.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Stubbins and co aren't under contract?

Well, that's a surprise.

Unless you are specifically referring to people that are contracted to HSG such as your Palmer sorts, I am certain the rest will be employees of the Newcastle Jets and can't just be binned off because of a license handover.

I am talking about Middleby, Duffield Thomas etc. That's who I thought Tommyjet was referring to when he said that "current management must be retained". The A-League license is the only thing that has to be sold. FFA owns all the intellectual property of the Jets and can just transfer it across to the new owner. It all depends on whether the new owner would want to start from scratch or not.

Grimario
02-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Are they contracted to HSG or to Jets though? Both have job roles specific to the Jets, not HSG, right?

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 01:12 PM
All this is based on there actually being a new owner.
How long will Tinkler keep funding the club even on minimum spend?
Surely he'll walk away at some stage, assuming the cost of reneging on the lisence is cheaper than keeping things ticking over.

I've notice a distinct change in the clubs PR stuff online since HSG have seemingly taken a step back..... Things feel more natural, positive and fun and less contrived, I hope this new mood can continue.

Thomas477
02-10-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't normally listen to it. They do apparently have a good track record at predicting transfers but I can't validate that as I rarely pay attention to sst. I merely posted the above for the purpose of discussion.

The main contentious signing tony rallis was alluding to was Sam Gallagher. It was said he trialled and stubbins declined but middleby stepped in and said Gallagher is the best you'll get Phil

So it's Middleby's fault? Isn't that what I've been saying for the past 2-3 years?

hausmann
02-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Are they contracted to HSG or to Jets though? Both have job roles specific to the Jets, not HSG, right?

I don't think it matters who they are contracted to the point remains that all the new owner really has to do to take over the club is buy the A-League license, the piece of paper that says that they have a place in the A-League. The management would be contracted one of the companies that runs the Jets. So if the company sells its A-League license, it is simply a shell of a company that has no revenue base anymore. I presume the current employees of that company can try and enforce their contracts out of the sale proceeds. But Tinkler may have set it up so that one company employs people and another holds the assets, and they may have trouble legally enforcing their contracts.

Anyway the point is that the new owner doesn't have to take these employees on.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 01:30 PM
How long will Tinkler keep funding the club even on minimum spend?
Surely he'll walk away at some stage, assuming the cost of reneging on the lisence is cheaper than keeping things ticking over.

Wasn't there a threat to sue him if he walked away last time? And that was before he signed the extended 10 year license.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 01:48 PM
I've notice a distinct change in the clubs PR stuff online since HSG have seemingly taken a step back..... Things feel more natural, positive and fun and less contrived, I hope this new mood can continue.

I have too. And the players shouldn't really care because the salary cap is guaranteed and FFA have said they are committed to Newcastle.

If there is no buyer in the offing, this would be an ideal time to start up a supporter owned club. Is it a case of speak now or forever hold our peace?

Blackmac79
02-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Wasn't there a threat to sue him if he walked away last time? And that was before he signed the extended 10 year license.

Gav is assuming that tinks is still funding the club.

My understanding is that he isnt

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Gav is assuming that tinks is still funding the club.

My understanding is that he isnt

Who is then? Was he required to set up a trust fund type of funding arrangement?
If FFA are running the club, it might actually be a blessing I disguise, they've learnt a lot from the Wanderers experience.

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 01:58 PM
this would be an ideal time to start up a supporter owned club. Is it a case of speak now or forever hold our peace?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fans-offered-to-buy-stake-in-melbourne-victory-with-a-stake-going-for-as-little-as-500/story-e6frf423-1227077084872

Victory for $500

Grimario
02-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Who is then? Was he required to set up a trust fund type of funding arrangement?
If FFA are running the club, it might actually be a blessing I disguise, they've learnt a lot from the Wanderers experience.

Who is? FFA have said clubs can cover salary cap with TV revenue alone, right? Throw in income from merchandise and memberships, that should cover a bunch of other overheads.

Maybe?

joel31
02-10-2014, 02:03 PM

I didn't say he was a failure, I said he failed in this window but if he didn't have a choice for some signings then the blame is shifted elsewhere

hausmann
02-10-2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/fans-offered-to-buy-stake-in-melbourne-victory-with-a-stake-going-for-as-little-as-500/story-e6frf423-1227077084872

Victory for $500

Yeah, that sounds like a great way to go. Wish I was rich enough to be a majority shareholder I would do something like this. Problem is Tinkler wants $5m just for the license, and a $500 stake wouldn't cover that.

joel31
02-10-2014, 02:09 PM
According to Tony Rallis site he was a scout for the Jets at some point

Blackmac79
02-10-2014, 02:09 PM
What you are confusing gav is ownership and funding. Tinks owns the club. He is not putting a cent into running it though.

joel31
02-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that sounds like a great way to go. Wish I was rich enough to be a majority shareholder I would do something like this. Problem is Tinkler wants $5m just for the license, and a $500 stake wouldn't cover that.
Maybe we could approach FFA instead, seeing as Tinks wants out they can pressure him to sell it for cheaper or just take the license off him

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 02:20 PM
What you are confusing gav is ownership and funding. Tinks owns the club. He is not putting a cent into running it though.

Whose funding it then?
I'd assume the players wages are guaranteed under the CBA, but what about the poor bastards in the office?

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Maybe we could approach FFA instead, seeing as Tinks wants out they can pressure him to sell it for cheaper or just take the license off him

Approach them with what? We haven't got 10,000 members with the cheapest tickets in the league, we aren't going to get enough fans to buy into the club to keep it afloat.

Grimario
02-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Whose funding it then?
I'd assume the players wages are guaranteed under the CBA, but what about the poor bastards in the office?

Who is? FFA have said clubs can cover salary cap with TV revenue alone, right? Throw in income from merchandise and memberships, that should cover a bunch of other overheads.

Maybe?

Blackmac79
02-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Money is coming from -FFA grant, memberships sales, merchandise preorder, and whatever sponsorship money tinks didn't run off with

hausmann
02-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Just listened to the that podcast. Jeez, Tony really hates Middleby.

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 02:29 PM

Haha sorry grim! Was thinking about disc golf and missed your post!

hausmann
02-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Approach them with what? We haven't got 10,000 members with the cheapest tickets in the league, we aren't going to get enough fans to buy into the club to keep it afloat.

I guess where you would start is to get a petition of supporters who would prepare to become shareholders, and then see how much of a shortfall you have, and what kind of major investor you would need.

A deal brokered by the FFA with a major investor might be made easier if they knew that supporters were willing to take a $2-3 million stake in the club.

hawk
02-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Surely this is not a requirement in a firesale. Tinkler wants out so the management of a poorly performing club would be the first thing you'd want to cut. I can't see Tinkler knocking back an offer just to save Middleby's arse.

We dont need or want a tight ass regime running a club whilst trying to run out.

Need ffa to take the reins, build up a good product then sell.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 04:03 PM
We dont need or want a tight ass regime running a club whilst trying to run out.

Need ffa to take the reins, build up a good product then sell.

But we can't do anything about it.

You only need the FFA to take the reins if you want the FFA to earn a profit on the sale, which is what they will want. It's the difference between buying a solid house in need of renovation or one that someone has already renovated. If you have the know how, you can save money by doing the renovation yourself. Owners that are in the business of running football clubs don't really need someone to do that for them, especially when they can see that our club already has a track record of drawing decent regular crowds and big crowds when winning. Western Sydney Wanderers had no such track record.

I would rather the new owner got the club on the cheap rather than being an extra $5m in debt because the FFA wanted more money for it.

MFKS
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Victory, who are expected to exceed last season’s membership base of 22,021, are expected to post a $1m profit this year.

They made a $255,000 profit from about $14.4 million revenue in 2013.

Who said running a football club in this country is necessarily a loss making activity. Although victory get 20k every week for a city of 4-5 million you could argue they should be doing better

hausmann
02-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Who said running a football club in this country is necessarily a loss making activity. Although victory get 20k every week for a city of 4-5 million you could argue they should be doing better

That's such a small profit for an organisation that earns $14.4m in revenue. Especially when you consider that the player salary cap is around $2.5m. Where the hell does the rest of the money go?

MFKS
02-10-2014, 04:41 PM
That's such a small profit for an organisation that earns $14.4m in revenue. Especially when you consider that the player salary cap is around $2.5m. Where the hell does the rest of the money go?
Weren't they paying Flores when he was at Gypos??
Postecoglou wouldn't have been cheap either
Would expect they have plenty of support staff etc
They also tend to use the marquee/ aus marquee etc

Thomas477
02-10-2014, 04:45 PM

A profit is a profit, innit? When was the last time a hunter football club made any profit?

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I can't imagine AAMI or ethihad would be cheap to rent

De-Champ
02-10-2014, 08:01 PM

That was for that year. Victory have accumulated losses on their balance sheet.

plague
02-10-2014, 08:03 PM
But I suppose the injuries are already happening.

Stubs can't use injuries as any sort of excuse when he signs players that are already injured.

plague
02-10-2014, 08:11 PM

If Wayne Bennett was any indication they may be employees of HSG, not the Jets.
If that's the case, sell the assets (team), fold the company and avoid the payouts.
If structured correctly (most accountants can do this in their sleep) its a pretty simple process.

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Stubs can't use injuries as any sort of excuse when he signs players that are already injured.
That's assuming the coach decides his squad and not the bean counters

hawk
02-10-2014, 08:34 PM
But we can't do anything about it.

You only need the FFA to take the reins if you want the FFA to earn a profit on the sale, which is what they will want. It's the difference between buying a solid house in need of renovation or one that someone has already renovated. If you have the know how, you can save money by doing the renovation yourself. Owners that are in the business of running football clubs don't really need someone to do that for them, especially when they can see that our club already has a track record of drawing decent regular crowds and big crowds when winning. Western Sydney Wanderers had no such track record.

I would rather the new owner got the club on the cheap rather than being an extra $5m in debt because the FFA wanted more money for it.

I see it as buy off a dodgy owner get a cheap product that falls apart.

I understand your point, get an owner who buys cheap and MAYBE improves us whereas we might jag a comp on the way to new owners with ffa take over. give me a Quick win...:P

plague
02-10-2014, 09:34 PM
That's assuming the coach decides his squad and not the bean counters

So now we've got Stubbins, GVE and Middleby all claiming the "my hands are tied" excuse?
None of them get to use it.
You're not happy? Resign.
You want the job? ****ing do it.
Simple innit?

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 09:42 PM
So now we've got Stubbins, GVE and Middleby all claiming the "my hands are tied" excuse?
None of them get to use it.
You're not happy? Resign.
You want the job? ****ing do it.
Simple innit?

I'm not sure I've heard Stubbins complaining, it's all assumptions.
And they may well have been promised him the world.

Plenty of bosses lie more than applicants at interview.

plague
02-10-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure I've heard Stubbins complaining, it's all assumptions.
And they may well have been promised him the world.

Plenty of bosses lie more than applicants at interview.

Well I think we'd all be better if we didn't make these assumptions on their behalf then.
Makes us (as fans) seem to condone the utter tripe that's been dished up over the years.
Maintain the rage and all that.

plague
02-10-2014, 09:58 PM
As a fan I expect nothing less than maximum effort from the players each week.
The further you go up the ladder in any organisation the person 'above' needs to be better than the person 'below'.
The Jets don't seem to be adhering to that philosophy.

This is what I have a problem with and I don't accept it.

furns
02-10-2014, 10:00 PM
If Wayne Bennett was any indication they may be employees of HSG, not the Jets.
If that's the case, sell the assets (team), fold the company and avoid the payouts.
If structured correctly (most accountants can do this in their sleep) is a pretty simple process.Bennett was hired by and paid for by Tinks directly, seeing as HSG was wound up I would assume that all contracts are now directly tied to the Jets.
Tinks isn't paying out any more money, so at a guess I would surmise your MDT's & Palmer's are now being paid through the Jets accounts.

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Maintain the rage and all that.

100%

I'll maintain the rage higher up the organisation.

Pico
03-10-2014, 05:29 AM
Doesn't look like HSG has been wound up just yet
https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/panelSearch.jspx?searchTab=search&searchType=OrgAndBusNm&searchText=hunter+sports+group&_adf.ctrl-state=iqxvwgh7u_69

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/panelSearch.jspx?searchText=hunter+sports+group&searchType=OrgAndBusNm&searchTab=search&_adf.ctrl-state=iqxvwgh7u_51

Looks like the jets staff would most likely be employed by a company called Newcastle football operations

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/SearchRegisters.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=iqxvwgh7u_33

Jeterpool
03-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Confirmed Caravella has re-signed with the jets for the upcoming season.

Unable to link to The Herald (http://www.theherald.com.au/) because and article has not been uploaded at this stage. :sup:

MFKS
03-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Bennett was hired by and paid for by Tinks directly, seeing as HSG was wound up I would assume that all contracts are now directly tied to the Jets.
Tinks isn't paying out any more money, so at a guess I would surmise your MDT's & Palmer's are now being paid through the Jets accounts.

Not certain they have been wound up as of yet

I was in at the office last week.

The sign on the door still says HSG. The bird was answering the phone HSG etc.

That was when she wasn't answering it for Patinack Farm Buildev or anyone of Tinks other companies:roflz:

Grimario
03-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Confirmed Caravella has re-signed with the jets for the upcoming season.

Unable to link to The Herald (http://www.theherald.com.au/) because and article has not been uploaded at this stage. :sup:

Assume the clever heading is "Jets go full circle to re-sign Jet who goes full circle"?

Jeterpool
03-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Assume the clever heading is "Jets go full circle to re-sign Jet who goes full circle"?

Jets Sign Ex-Jet Caravella

Couscous
03-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Love the Koala.

Zenon Caravella returns to Newcastle Jets after off-season departure (http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2601565/caravella-jets-back-to-newcastle/?cs=3398)

http://transform.fairfaxregional.com.au/transform/v1/crop/frm/storypad-iKQx4aiD4Q7fvCgDvFeGgz/863bf1d4-0f25-4ec3-8127-cf19825f92c1.jpg/r0_0_1909_2998_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

“My time away from professional football changed my perspective,” Caravella said.

“I want to do what I love and what I enjoy and that’s playing football at the highest level I can.

“I’m excited be back with the Newcastle Jets and I’m looking forward to the season ahead.”

Thomas477
03-10-2014, 09:46 AM
As a fan I expect nothing less than maximum effort from the players each week.
The further you go up the ladder in any organisation the person 'above' needs to be better than the person 'below'.
The Jets don't seem to be adhering to that philosophy.

This is what I have a problem with and I don't accept it.

This.

GazFish35
05-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Going into the tenth season of the A-league, only five teams have ever become champions (Brisbane Roar, Melbourne Victory, Sydney Fc, Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle Jets). Yet when looking at those names, Newcastle Jets have to be the most disappointing. Ever since the tittle winning campaign of 2007-2008, the jets have often been chasing their local rivals in the Mariners and have only managed to reach the finals once. During this period it has very much been a period of turmoil, Van Egmond has come and gone as head coach, Nathan Tinkler has come and gone as owner of the club and the squad has gone under heavy rotation.

Pre-season has been a mixed bag for the Jets, most recently they managed to beat the Young Socceroos 2-1 in a behind closed doors match. Beforehand however they have had a mixed bag of results against fellow A-League teams. Drawing with Mariners 0-0, beating Wellington 2-1 and going down to Brisbane Roar 4-0 and Sydney Fc 4-2 respectively in the Townsville Football cup. Other results include losing to European heavyweights Juventus 1-0 and beating the North Queensland all-stars 3-0.

Given this you would be forgiven as a Jets supporter for being pessimistic about this forthcoming campaign. However times are changing at the hunter based club, Phil Stubbins has taken over interim head coach Clayton Zane and with that has made several new additions to his squad. Experienced and proven A-League campaigners Marco Flores and Jeronimo Nuemann have replaced last year’s top scorer Adam Taggart and Josh Brillante who are both off on European adventures. Other notable inclusions are midfielder Jonny Steele and former young Socceroo Sam Gallagher.

Head Coach: Phil Stubbins returns to the Australian football scene after gaining experience in South East Asia. Stubbins is most notably known for his role as assistant to Aurelio Vidmar in Adelaide’s run to the Asian Champions League final in 2008. Judging from the pre-season he is likely to employ a 4-3-3 possession based formation.

Season 2013/2014: As referenced earlier, it hasn’t been uncommon for the Jets to disappoint in their history. Unfortunately season 9 was no different. Despite having the league’s top scorer in Adam Taggart, the jets only managed to finish in 7th place after a late season run under now assistant Clayton Zane. Having started the season under Van Egmond, unfortunately for him the club had once again found itself established in the bottom 4 when they decided to terminate his contract. That move however proved too late to make a significant difference to their season finishing 2 points behind Adelaide FC in 6th position.

Arrivals: Adrian Madaschi (Jeju United), Josh Barresi (Western Sydney Wanderers), Marco Flores (Central Coast Mariners), Jonny Steele (New York Red Bulls), Sam Gallagher (Hanoi T&T), Edson Montano (Barcelona SC), Jeronimo Nuemann (Adelaide United), Billy Celeski (Liaoning Whowin), Allan Welsh (Croydon Kings), Zenon Caravella (FNQ FC Heat).

Departure Lounge: Adam Taggart (Fulham), Joshua Brillante (Fiorentina), James Brown (Melbourne City), Connor Chapman (Melbourne City), Ruben Zadkovich (Perth Glory), Connor Chapman (Adelaide United), Zenon Caravella (FNQ FC Heat), Joey Gibbs (APIA Leichhardt Tigers), Josh Mitchell (Liaoning Whowin), Mitchell Oxborrow.

Key Player: Jeronimo Nuemann has a lot to live up to this season. Why you ask? Mainly because with Adam Taggart leaving, someone needs to stand up and score regular goals. Jeronimo played in a backup role to Bruce Djite particularly towards the end of last season at Adelaide United. Jets fans will be hoping to hear the iconic call of Brenton Speed this season when the ball hits the back of the net. At the other end, a notable mention goes to now captain Kew Jaliens who featured in 23 games last season and is bound to add stability.

What’s he still doing here? Joel Grittiths, Admittedly I am not a massive fan of the experienced striker. The clubs highest goal scorer who is now 35 years old is susceptible to the brain neutral plays. His suspension record isn’t pretty viewing and with the club signing fellow striker Jeronimo, I personally don’t see the point in keeping him on the roster.

Extra Time: Newcastle Jets head into season 10 of the A-League with little expected from them (outside the club at least). However I see them as a potential surprise package this season and will challenge if not make the top 6.

Prediction: 5th place.

We sat down with Newcastle fan Gary Fish and him about Newcastle’s chances. Follow him on twitter @GazFish35

You beat Brisbane all three times last season, Does this give fans the belief the Jets can beat anyone in the competition?

I know it’s a cliche but in this league any team can beat any other, I think getting three wins over Brisbane just shows what can happen when a team believes they are a chance, we seemed to play with inconsistent self-belief last year but against Brisbane we played like we knew we could get three points. I’d swap three wins over Brisbane for a few Derby wins though. With our attack this season we should be hard to contain so we can beat anyone in the comp if we are disciplined in defence and adaptable in our structure. How big phil changes the game from the bench will be key.

How important is the signing of Marcos Flores?

His form will be vital, we’ve not had a decent creative midfielder in Newcastle since Troy Halpin. He appears to have fitted in well with the group and interacts with the fans really well, he seems a genuine character and newcastle will respond positively to that. How he is able to pull the strings going forward, linking with Griffiths, Edson and Jeronimo and how well we defend in behind him will be the determining factors in his signing being seen as a success. That, and him staying injury free.

What will Phil Stubbins bring to the team?

Hopefully some straight talking and better man management than his predecessor. If he can bring consistent self-belief by not tearing players down and a more flexible adaptable game focused on on his player’s abilities I think we can have a better season. He appears to have a better mix between philosophy and pragmatism with many reports out of preseason suggesting we are playing with more intent to go forward. He’s made a lot of right noises at the start of his time here and hopefully he can show us all he can walk the walk not just talk the talk. I’m looking forward to him being able to make key changes from the bench and impact the result of a match.

You open the season with four away games, how does that impact supporters at the beginning of the season?

Our crowds this year as always will depend on results. We’ve been screaming out for a new pitch since Reg Date was a boy so four weeks away from home is a small price to pay. If we can win a few on the road and show everyone last years problems are over then I think the first home game will be big. If we run out at home in round 5 with zero points I’d expect a bigger crowd down at Bar Beach than in the stadium. More home games through rd5-27 might help crowds towards the back end of the season, but again this will be dependent on results on the pitch. Having said that, if we win the Derby in rd1 whatever happens after that is irrelevant.

Who is the most important player of the season?

Griff. He has the ability to inspire the rest of the squad and the crowd. If he is fit and firing early I expect everyone in the stadium to follow his lead. He’s always played with his heart on his sleeve and fought with pride for Newy. We need all the squad to learn from him what it means to represent our city on the pitch. The link between him, Flores, Jeronimo and Montano will dictate how many goals we score this season.

I’d also suggest its a massive season for Jacob Pepper, with Billy Celeski injured and Ben Kantarovksi up and down, Pepper looks like getting a fair bit of game time in the middle of the park. Even an as an old Goalkeeper I can admit Central Midfield is a rather important area of the pitch so whoever we end up with in that space has to have a big season, at the moment it’s looking like the local kid could be the man.

Will Newcastle fans see Finals action this season?

Absolutely we will see the finals. Wether we are playing in them, I’m not so sure. Every off-season we seem improve despite the usual off field dramas. We are a better squad than 5-6 years go, the issue is every other team seems to improve more than we do. If Big Phil can turn his cheese sponsorship into the managerial success it deserves we’ll show the country that 6th place is achievable!

Make three predictions about the season ahead?

People will think Edson Montano is overweight and compare him to Jardel and because he’s from Ecuador they’ll compare him to Zura.
David Villa will be forced to make a number of horribly awkward media appearances involving a wombat an AFL player and some other native animal that you wouldn’t want near your kids
FFA will find new ways to balls up fan relations across the league

http://www.fromthestandsal.com/2014/10/05/season-preview-newcastle-jets-2/

Grimario
05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.australiascout.com/2014/newcastle-jets-season-preview/

Prefer that one. Tim Palmer's previews so far have been fantastic. Not sure how I missed this site in the past but the overhaul in September has made it wonderfully easy on the eye and the content is spectacular.

GazFish35
05-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Prefer that one. Tim Palmer's previews so far have been fantastic. Not sure how I missed this site in the past but the overhaul in September has made it wonderfully easy on the eye and the content is spectacular.

Good read.

I just really liked the fan views presented in the fromthestands preview ;)

Grimario
05-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Good read.

I just really liked the fan views presented in the fromthestands preview ;)

Eh, guy seems like a bit of a dick. No creative mid since Halpin? Carle and Vigs would disagree, I guess.

Thomas477
05-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Eh, guy seems like a bit of a dick. No creative mid since Halpin? Carle and Vigs would disagree, I guess.

+1

GazFish35
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM

To be fair they did edit my bit out about the greatness of disc golf...... from every answer.

MFKS
06-10-2014, 07:21 AM
http://www.fromthestandsal.com/2014/10/05/season-preview-newcastle-jets-2/
What’s he still doing here? Joel Grittiths, Admittedly I am not a massive fan of the experienced striker. The clubs highest goal scorer who is now 35 years old is susceptible to the brain neutral plays. His suspension record isn’t pretty viewing and with the club signing fellow striker Jeronimo, I personally don’t see the point in keeping him on the roster.

The bloke loses any credibility at all with these remarks.

What's he doing here?? FFS - Should be circumcised around the neck for that shit

Jeronimo >> Better than Griff FFS >> Jeronimo has never scored the winning goal in the GF

Suspension Record>> FFS >> Griffs suspension record ain't anywhere near as bad as people make out and Griff has only had one suspension in the last 5 years for rightfully calling Ben Williams a Cheating **** I might add

steve136
06-10-2014, 07:45 AM
Yeah one second he's saying we need players to stand up and score goals and then the next he's saying that we don't need last year's second highest goal scorer.
Stupid.

GazFish35
06-10-2014, 09:41 AM
And he actually should have had zenon listed in both the "arrivals" and "departures" list.

GazFish35
06-10-2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2605416/working-class-spirit-drives-new-jets-coach/

Working-class spirit drives new Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins

Decent read.

Blackmac79
06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Stubbins in forever.

Keep the red flag flying.

Where is our North Korea standard?

MFKS
06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2605416/working-class-spirit-drives-new-jets-coach/

Working-class spirit drives new Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins

Decent read.

Good read though am over these empty words and promises from these ****s about kulcha, hard work, doing it for the town etc and whatever other wank clichés they want to use.

Others can comment on these things as a positive but am sick of them blowing smoke up their own arses. Wish we would just stop spinning shit bust our arse and get the ****ing plaudits for achievement instead of talking it up when we have achieved Sweet **** All in 6 years

Proof is in the pudding Phil.
5PM Saturday is D DAY
PUT UP OR STFU

hausmann
06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Good read though am over these empty words and promises from these ****s about kulcha, hard work, doing it for the town etc and whatever other wank clichés they want to use.

Others can comment on these things as a positive but am sick of them blowing smoke up their own arses. Wish we would just stop spinning shit bust our arse and get the ****ing plaudits for achievement instead of talking it up when we have achieved Sweet **** All in 6 years

Proof is in the pudding Phil.
5PM Saturday is D DAY
PUT UP OR STFU

For someone with a lot of opinions its ironic that you don't place much value in communication.

MFKS
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
For someone with a lot of opinions its ironic that you don't place much value in communication.

Exactly why though is the team manager communicating that with the public on this subject matter though??

Whatever values/kulcha etc Phil wishes to bring to Jets HQ needs to be communicated to the players and staff at the club.

Telling the fans we are doing this or doing this and we are this and that is basically providing ammo for people to get unhappy when things do not pan out the way it had been pontificated about.

Look at how the up tempo high intensity possession based game statement came back to bite GVE in the arse over and over again when it was not delivered.

It would seem better use of the local press to motivate and inspire the players with a message for Saturday so they are that little bit more on their game or encouraging those of the 8k of members who ain't going to get their backsides to Shittoungue to support the Club rather than pontificating some ideology that needs directing squarely at those who garner a wage from the Jets rather than people who support the club

Blackmac79
06-10-2014, 12:47 PM
I appreciate his comments.

outsider
06-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Doesnt really matter what they say they are trying to do.The only thing that really matters is that they WIN.Get enough points to make the finals and bring another trophy to Newy and everyone will be happy.WINNING IS THE ONLY THING.

GazFish35
06-10-2014, 01:22 PM
I can just imagine the set up of the interview.......

Journo: can we interview phil before the season?
Club: yep, go for it.
Journo: so phil, tell us about yourself and what's going on at the jets.
Phil: there's nothing to say, well do our talking on the pitch
Journo: sweet, thanks mate.

Couscous
06-10-2014, 01:46 PM
I, too, appreciate the Member's comments, though he is often wrong.

furns
06-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Member in Brazil diary thread = moar like this
Member in every other thread = less like this

joel31
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM

since when is Reegz a veteran

plague
06-10-2014, 05:49 PM

Working-class spirit drives new Newcastle Jets coach Phil Stubbins.

Utter rubbish.
I've lived in Hull and its potato and fish industry are third world at best.
Besides I've always been told never trust someone who names their own kid after themselves.

Phil Stubbins (senior) OUT.

outsider
06-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I can just imagine the set up of the interview.......

Journo: can we interview phil before the season?
Club: yep, go for it.
Journo: so phil, tell us about yourself and what's going on at the jets.
Phil: there's nothing to say, well do our talking on the pitch
Journo: sweet, thanks mate.

So they can just make it up-not like that hasn't happened before.

GazFish35
06-10-2014, 07:47 PM
So they can just make it up-not like that hasn't happened before.

True, but with memberships not yet at their target and no owner interested in funding things an further some positive media might be worth a shot.

Grimario
06-10-2014, 08:07 PM
True, but with memberships not yet at their target and no owner interested in funding things an further some positive media might be worth a shot.

In a town of working class bogans, what better way to capture the imagination than doing a media piece that says all of your working class bogan attributes are all that you need to be a professional footballer for our little tin pot town?

Whilst his delivery method is shithouse, I am with Members sentiments on this one. Why the **** does the club need to say "we want to base what we do on hard work"... that should be a given, for ****s sake! "We are going to base our game plan on breathing" or "We are going to base our game plan on getting out of bed in the morning and sleeping at night". Just a crock of pointless shit, really.

GazFish35
06-10-2014, 08:12 PM
They probably felt the need based on much of the criticism from past seasons.

I see it more about playing the media game and getting/keeping the local press on side.

outsider
06-10-2014, 08:15 PM

Put a few wins together and the numbers will grow

Premy
06-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Didn't really know where to put this.

The A-League and all Clubs have released Official apps for Android and Apple. First glance it looks pretty decent.

GazFish35
06-10-2014, 10:08 PM
http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/griffiths-issues-call-to-arms-for-jets-supporters/1g859s0tft4iq1gsowbg8x6xef

GRIFFITHS ISSUES CALL TO ARMS FOR JETS SUPPORTERS

Newcastle Jets vice-captain Joel Griffiths has called on the Club’s Members and supporters to travel to Gosford in big numbers for the Round 1 F3 Derby clash against the Central Coast Mariners.

Due to the maintenance work that is currently taking place at Hunter Stadium, the Jets first four matches of the Hyundai A-League 2014/15 season will be away from home.

Griffiths said Saturday’s opening round fixture is the best chance for Jets supporters to watch their team in action during the first month of the season.

CLICK HERE (http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2014/09/rd1-f3derby-supporter-coaches-on-sale/) to book your seat on a supporter bus for the Jets' Round 1 clash against the Central Coast Mariners.

The former Johnny Warren Medalist said large and vocal travelling contingent of Jets supporters could almost make the fixture like a home game for the Jets.

“We got four games away to start the season, so it’s very important to get our season off to a good start,” Griffiths said.

“That’s our intent, so hopefully we can as many Jets Members to travel down the F3 as possible, because they’re not going to see us a Hunter Stadium for a month.”

Griffiths said he and his teammates are full of excitement at the prospect of starting their 2014/15 campaign with an F3 Derby match.

“You start to get a little bit nervous going into the first round and I think all the boys are looking forward to it,” Griffiths said.

“It’s my 17th season as a professional, but I still get the butterflies for games like this.”

“I’m a bit more laid back these days, but once I get on that bus and head down the F3, I really start to switch on and focus about what I have to do and the rivalry and what it means to the people of Newcastle.”

Griffiths said that while the Jets’ pre-season preparations had not quite been as seamless as they would’ve liked, they would be leaving nothing in the tank come Saturday.

“We’ve had a lot of injures, we’ve got quite a few new faces and some makeshift midfielders who’ve come in and done a fantastic job.

“The main thing is that we make sure we put in and rip in and that’s what we’ll be aiming for.”

furns
07-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Love Griff

He gets it

hausmann
07-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Love Griff

He gets it

Member would rather that he did his talking on the pitch. Put up or shut up Griff.

I can't maintain the sarcasm. Love the Griff.