PDA

View Full Version : Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Jeterpool
01-01-2014, 06:22 AM
New year, new thread.

GazFish35
01-01-2014, 09:03 AM
What will be the big news issue of the year?

We get out of the group in Brazil?
Jets win gf?
Lucas Neil retires and is annoyed he doesn't get a ticker tape parade?
WSW get bought by Vincent tan and made to were red and red hoops.

MFKS
01-01-2014, 11:59 AM
THE Newcastle Jets are set to revamp their strike force for Saturday's clash with Perth at Hunter Stadium, but marquee man Emile Heskey is unlikely to be rushed back into the starting side.

Newcastle assistant coach Craig Deans admitted yesterday fresh legs were needed to provide spark up front after Sunday's 1-0 loss in Adelaide.

But Heskey, who has made only six appearances in an injury-disrupted season, and just one in the run-on XI, is expected to again be used as an impact player off the bench.

Newcastle will take no chances with the former English Premier League star, who turns 36 in 10 days, and plan to gradually increase his game time so that he is in peak condition for the business end of their campaign.

"That was his first game back from his little niggle that he picked up a few weeks ago," Deans said of Heskey yesterday.

"He got 25 minutes on the weekend. He's back to where we were about three or four weeks ago, so it might have to be another game or two of 25 or 30 minutes - hopefully a little bit more.

"It's quite a few games in a short period of time, so we just need to be careful that we don't push him too quickly."

Deans said head coach Gary van Egmond was pondering "bringing in a couple of fresher players" after Sunday's loss, the third time in Newcastle's past five games that they have been kept scoreless.

"We probably weren't at our best in the front third on the weekend and it's getting to the stage of the season where there are quite a few games coming pretty quickly, so it might be a good opportunity to try and freshen up a little bit in the front third," Deans said.

The chief candidates for promotion are former Western Sydney striker Joey Gibbs, whose only eight minutes in Newcastle's colours have produced a goal, and off-contract winger Craig Goodwin.

"Obviously Joey Gibbs had a game a couple of weeks ago up in Brisbane and scored a goal," Deans said.

"He was only on for a short period of time, but he did quite well.

"People like Joey and Craig Goodwin . . . there are a couple of options there."

Jets skipper Ruben Zadkovich said the next month would test Newcastle's depth.

They play five games in 31 days and will be without Young Socceroos Andrew Hoole, Connor Chapman and Josh Brillante for three of those fixtures.

They could also lose Nathan Burns if he returns to Korea when his loan deal with Newcastle expires on January 11.

"It's going to take a whole squad if we're going to be successful this year," Zadkovich said. "There are some boys that aren't playing that will get their chance in the next month or two and they've got to step up.
See your ad here

"We're a very together squad. There's good team harmony here and we just want to make sure we're fighting hard and pushing each other.

"It's going to be a tough period, this next month, but we're confident we can get some good points."

● Wellington star Carlos Hernandez is to have surgery for a fractured wrist, ruling him out of action for at least five weeks, jeopardising his team's revival and his World Cup hopes with Costa Rica

What did Carlos drop the KFC bucket on his wrist ???

01-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Big news issue of the year.

HSG to offer GVE a contract to see him through to 2020.

belchardo
01-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Big news issue of the year.

HSG to offer GVE a contract to see him through to 2020.

followed up by a media release correcting this and confirming GVE is actually signed through to 2200.

belchardo
02-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Football Federation Australia is on the verge of selling the Western Sydney Wanderers after a sale price was agreed with a private consortium headed by Primo Smallgoods boss Paul Lederer.

Lederer has long-been mooted as the likely candidate to buy the Wanderers' and has been in discussions about a financial stake in an A-League club for several years. He has submitted a joint offer alongside Pirtek founder Peter Duncan and a mystery Chinese businessman to take over the club.

Despite appointing equity firm UBS to find a potential buyer, the FFA has been in no rush to complete the proposed $15 million sale after the seeing the club's surging popularity continue this year. The FFA has not disclosed if their valuation, which was formulated several months ago, has been met or exceeded.

There is a chance the deal could be completed as early as March but if the FFA is not satisfied with the arrangement, a sale may be held off until the end of the season.

That was only the positive news for the club to emerge from Parramatta Stadium on New Years' Day as they slumped to a 3-1 defeat to Wellington Phoenix.

Wanderers coach Tony Popovic was at a loss to explain their capitulation in the final 25 minutes, where they conceded three times.

“It wasn't our best [performance]. We scored first but they got a good equaliser and then we got punished for our mistakes,” Popovic said. “It's the first time we've played at home this season and have lost. We've got to learn from it, which we will, and we'll move on quickly.”

Popovic said his side was so keen to find a winning goal that they let their defence slip.

“At 1-1, I was still comfortable but I think we tried too hard and tried to force the issue,” he said. “They took advantage and that's a credit to them. It's a first for us and the players are disappointed. We're not going to look too deep into it.”

Phoenix coach Ernie Merrick said such a performance from his side was certainly due.

“The boys tell me they can't remember being a goal behind and coming back to win but I think that's to do with the mental approach they've got now. We've been working on that day since one of pre-season,” he said. “All round we've been playing good football [this season], I think there's only two games we haven't been played well but the law of averages says it's got to come good and it did tonight.”

Merrick said 19-year-old substitute Tyler Boyd, who scored one and set up another after coming on, would take his game to the next level after that performance.

“He played a fair bit last year but didn't seem to have a sense of purpose about him but now he understands more about the job and he has a sense of purpose on the field,” Merrick said. “He did a very good job tonight. I couldn't ask anything else of him.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/wanderers-to-be-sold-as-primo-boss-achieves-coveted-goal-20140101-306d1.html#ixzz2pBTYouJU

belchardo
03-01-2014, 07:54 AM
THE Newcastle Jets will lose leading scorer Adam Taggart for up to three games this month after his belated call-up to the Australian under-22 side.

Taggart will join three of his Jets teammates at the Asian Football Conference Under-22 Championships in Oman.

Taggart was initially left out of Aurelio Vidmar’s 23-man squad, which includes fellow Jets Josh Brillante, Andrew Hoole and Connor Chapman, but was surprised to learn this week that he would be required at the 15-day tournament, which kicks off on January 11, after an injury to Perth’s Jamie Maclaren.

The four Novocastrians will be available for tomorrow’s clash with Perth Glory at Hunter Stadium but will miss the following matches against Melbourne Victory (home) and Melbourne Heart (away) – and possibly the January 25 derby with Central Coast (away) if Australia qualify for the finals.

Taggart’s selection will place more strain on Newcastle’s depth.

The Jets could soon be without winger Nathan Burns if the club cannot extend his loan deal from Korean outfit Incheon United.

The deal is set to expire on Saturday, January 11.

Jets officials were not complaining publicly yesterday about Taggart’s selection, but behind the scenes it is understood they have voiced concerns with Football Federation Australia.

Newcastle and Melbourne Victory are the most heavily represented A-League clubs, providing four players apiece to the national side at a crucial stage of the season.

Adding to Newcastle’s frustration, Taggart was originally omitted because Vidmar said he was well aware of his ability and preferred to use this tournament to assess other players in the countdown to the Rio Olympics.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond nonetheless denied that he was disappointed to lose Taggart, who has scored six goals this season, four more than any teammate.

‘‘You’re always happy when a player gets picked for the national team,’’ van Egmond said yesterday. ‘‘There’s no greater honour.’’

Brisbane’s coach, Mike Mulvey, queried publicly last month why Taggart had been left out of the original squad, saying: ‘‘I don’t know what the direction is that’s given to Aurelio, whether it’s to pick the strongest players, or blood some players.

‘‘The only surprise for me when I was looking at the squad was if we’re picking the best players that Adam Taggart was overlooked.’’

Van Egmond admitted the three games after tomorrow’s would be ‘‘an interesting little spell’’ but was confident his side had the resources to cope.

‘‘We’ll lose four players, and there’s still a little bit of doubt about Nathan,’’ he said.

‘‘But we’ve always been about being a squad, and when players get the opportunity, they have to be ready.

‘‘If players are out for whatever reason, it creates a chance for someone else.’’

Marquee striker Emile Heskey would be the ideal man to replace Taggart, but he is still battling for full fitness after an injury-interrupted season.

The former England international will again be used as an impact player off the bench tomorrow night. A strong showing could earn him a starting berth for the Victory game six days later.

‘‘He’s had a torrid time with the injuries,’’ van Egmond said of Heskey. ‘‘His knee is probably giving him a bit more grief than what we first thought.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2003248/taggart-jets-out-for-national-service/?cs=306

damn, hope he goes well though.

belchardo
03-01-2014, 07:56 AM
RYAN Griffiths is poised to accept an invitation to train with the Newcastle Jets and admits rejoining the club could be an ‘‘option’’ if in-form winger Nathan Burns returned to Korea.

Burns, on loan from Incheon United, will be available for only two more A-League games if Newcastle cannot extend his current deal, which expires on January 11.

Jets coach Gary van Egmond said yesterday that Burns’s situation remained unresolved and the club had begun discussing alternatives.

‘‘There’s a few contingency plans,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘Obviously the one we’d like is for Nathan to stay here, but that might not be possible.

‘‘It might be out of our control. We’ll wait and see.’’

Perhaps the most obvious contingency is Griffiths, who is off contract, living in Newcastle and trying to find a new club after parting company with Chinese outfit Beijing Baxy two months ago.

Griffiths had been expecting to join Sarawak FA in the Malaysian Super League, but red tape curtailed the move.

The 32-year-old, who scored 19 goals in 55 games for the Jets between 2011 and last year, remains on good terms with van Egmond and his former teammates.

‘‘We’ve asked Ryan to come down and have a run with us, but up until now that hasn’t happened,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘He’s more than welcome if he wants to come and keep himself ticking over, but I’m not too sure what he wants to do.

‘‘I’ve got a fairly decent relationship with Ryan ... I think his priority is to head back to Asia, and we’d need a commitment that he would stay here for the rest of the season.’’

Griffiths said he was ready to take up van Egmond’s offer to ‘‘go and have a kick’’ with the Jets at training next week, but he was unsure if it would lead to anything concrete.

‘‘My ambition is still to go back over and play in Asia,’’ Griffiths told the Newcastle Herald yesterday.

‘‘But I guess at this stage I have to consider everything, and if something pops up at the Jets, that could be an option.

‘‘I suppose it all depends what happens with Nathan Burns and whether there is a position [available].

‘‘I think Nathan’s been doing well – he’s scored some good goals – and I expect the club will be trying as hard as they can to keep him.’’

Griffiths said that, despite a two-month lay-off, he would not take long to regain peak condition.

‘‘I’ve had a bit of a break, which I needed because I had basically played two full seasons back to back,’’ he said.

‘‘But I’ve still been exercising enough to keep myself fit. I’ve got my own gym set up at home and I’ve been doing my yoga and stretching.

‘‘I’m not a player who lets myself go. I know how important it is to keep ticking over. I’d say a couple of weeks back at training would be all I’d need and I’d be ready to play.’’

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2003249/griffiths-weighs-return-to-old-club/?cs=306

Premy
03-01-2014, 08:21 AM
Have the tissues ready MFKS Kale might be in for a start.

Premy
03-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Looking at you Mr Bridges time to retire so Ryu can come back home.

WolfMan
03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
From Australian Football facebook page -

Melbourne Victory and the Western Sydney Wanderers have been charged by the FFA for bringing the game into disrepute.

There is the real possibility that both clubs could be deducted 3 points each.

On the right track, hopefully it curbs further violence/unsocial behaviour

Grimario
03-01-2014, 09:46 AM
No, it's not the right track. It's a strong reaction but the completely wrong one. What's to stop us all buying up some CCM and SFC gear next time they play, beating the shit out of each other to get them 3 points lost?

Bags not wearing CCM gear. I reckon pv4 already has some, so he can be one of the coasties.

belchardo
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
abc reporting that wanderers and victory have been docked 3 points each, with the docking suspended for the rest of the season.

Grim, you don't think that maybe both clubs will now do something about the shit-head element in their fanbase? that maybe all the things people have been asking for (tickets being checked as you enter the bays, better security screening etc) might actually happen now?

lastly, you don't make an omelette without cracking eggs. i'm with wolfman.

belchardo
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Football Federation Australia has announced it will strip the Western Sydney Wanderers and Melbourne Victory of three competition points should their fans misbehave again this season.

The two clubs have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute regarding the clashes between their fans, which occurred prior to their 1-1 draw at AAMI Park last week.

It is an unprecedented step by the Whitlam Square, for never before has an Australian A-League or National Soccer League team had points deducted for crowd trouble.

The governing body was also upset at the way the two clubs then engaged in a slanging match via their respective press releases, which the governing body decried as “as inappropriate and damaging to the interests of the A-League.”

FFA chief executive David Gallop acknowledged the potential penalties were severe but said it would act as a deterrent.

“Loss of points that have been won fairly on the pitch is a harsh penalty, but it’s in equal measure to the enormous damage caused by the type anti-social behaviour seen in Melbourne last Saturday,” Gallop said.

“The troublemakers are hurting the club they claim to support. They need to understand that the consequences of their reckless conduct will be felt on the A-League competition table if trouble persists.”

In a statement released on Friday morning, the FFA confirmed the two clubs had previously received warnings about fan behaviour.

“I have great sympathy for the overwhelming majority of fans who are sickened by the misconduct of a few, but it’s time to make the consequences clear to everyone,” he said. “We want a safe, enjoyable and family-friendly environment in the A-League and we won’t tolerate bad behaviour.”

FFA said they made the decision based on “extensive briefing and detailed reports on the 28 December incidents compiled by Victoria Police, stadium managers and FFA’s security advisers”.

The clubs have until 5pm next Monday to appeal against the sanctions laid down by the FFA.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/aleague-ffa-charges-wanderers-victory-over-fan-violence-20140103-308h4.html#ixzz2pHnKGtHg

seb hassett article.

Grimario
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
abc reporting that wanderers and victory have been docked 3 points each, with the docking suspended for the rest of the season.

Grim, you don't think that maybe both clubs will now do something about the shit-head element in their fanbase? that maybe all the things people have been asking for (tickets being checked as you enter the bays, better security screening etc) might actually happen now?

lastly, you don't make an omelette without cracking eggs. i'm with wolfman.

Oh, definitely. But how do either club have any impact on a brawl that happens 5km away from the stadium? How exactly does better security at the ground, scanning tickets etc have any impact whatsoever?

And why have SFC not had similar sanctions after one of their fans STABBED SOMEONE?

belchardo
03-01-2014, 10:19 AM
fair points, and i'm not going to say it's a perfect solution, but i still support the move.

northern_swan
03-01-2014, 10:19 AM
http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/victory-and-wanderers-charged/82204

FFA statement says suspended until end of season. Weak as piss on WSW IMHO. Victory about right.

q-money
03-01-2014, 10:21 AM
dangerous road these blokes are going down

Grimario
03-01-2014, 10:28 AM
fair points, and i'm not going to say it's a perfect solution, but i still support the move.

I support a move but not this one.

pv4
03-01-2014, 10:47 AM
dangerous road these blokes are going down

Agreed. What's to stop me going to my private carpark at mariners hq, grabbing a bunch of ccm jerseys, causing a mess at their game & getting ccm docked points?

Also as its been pointed out - how dafuq is wsw & mv in trouble, yet sfc arent for their fan stabbing someone?

The only fix I can see working is to have a crowd lockout. Fabs won't travel, TV numbers to go up, the ffa wins

Rocknerd
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
in regards to SFC and Melbourne Heart, these are incidents that are not related. firstly in regards to Heart, it was 1 fan who was caught and prosecuted under the law and given a 5 year ban. in Sydney's case There was no large press covering of the incident and according to police reports he was not connected to the club (whether true or not).

Vic V WSW was an all out internet fap fest, a clearly pre organised confrontation and retaliation plastered all over social media and then there was the continued behaviour in the stadium that followed by WSW supports. The Fact that it appears that Northgate are running RBB now should be the larger concern for everyone.

I don' think this is the right avenue to take, I think locking out Active supporters is a better way of dealing with these issues. If they are the problem then they need to accept the blame. imaging a Sydney Derby with no RBB?

belchardo
03-01-2014, 10:56 AM
nothing is going to stop you doing that PV4, but you would probably need to do it many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times. you'd basically need to do it everytime they play, whether at home or away, both in the stadium and outside the stadium.

far out, you'd think these dickheads were purity defined and that the FFA were just being nasty and vindictive.

plague
03-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I don' think this is the right avenue to take, I think locking out Active supporters is a better way of dealing with these issues. If they are the problem then they need to accept the blame. imaging a Sydney Derby with no RBB?

this.
it wont stop away fans from going, it will just make them more spread out and easier to identify hools (apart from our ground where they can congregate on the hill).
RBB need to face facts, they know who is ripping the flares and banning them all might just test their loyalty to their 'mates'.

the other stuff (outside the ground) should be handled by the cops. teams shouldnt be punished for that imho.

MFKS
03-01-2014, 01:04 PM
For some reason my motivation to get some red and black clothes on, a bag of Pyro and head to Parra Stadium next home game has increased a hell of a lot :whistling:

Skirt Boy
03-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Talk about an over reaction.

MFKS
03-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Have the tissues ready MFKS Kale might be in for a start.

Doubt it the manager hates him and thinks he has aids

militiamon
03-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Well this sounds dodgy as f***.

My2BobsWorth
03-01-2014, 07:26 PM

Not over reaction, too late with any action.This is Australia(cue Ganggajang) we don't want to be like everyone else with inbred, large forehead people thinking it's all about their pride

GazFish35
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Both clubs need to send a message .... From the coaching staff and players..... That this shit needs to stop.

These toss bags don't read club press statement, but get the players to unveil a stricsione I front of the bays telling them to pull their thick heads out of their arses and they ****wits tarts running out of excuses pretty quick.

All we've ever heard from WSW players is that " we live the RBB" and in one breath you can understand why, but in no other the massive circle jerk that head been going on for 18mth has effectively sent a message that the ****wits can do what they want as long as the team is winning.

stopper2
03-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Okay would you prefer the FFA to turn a blind eye and pretend there is no problem?
If the violence were to escalate and someone get seriously injured or even killed, the game would be set back 30 years in this country.
Basically the FFA are saying....if you have other agendas besides watching the football and supporting your team when coming to an A-League match....fark off we don't won't you here!

WolfMan
04-01-2014, 02:59 AM
The FFA don't want to take points off any club, but they mean to show that if pushed, they will.

A line has to be drawn somewhere in the proverbial sand. I'm certain that if implemented correctly and swiftly, this threat of taking points off clubs will have the desired effect.

Puts me to mind of the old "count to 3" trick used with kids. They either listen, or they get a smacked ass. It's worked for generations, why not for childish football "fans"?

MFKS
04-01-2014, 07:02 AM
The FFA don't want to take points off any club, but they mean to show that if pushed, they will.

A line has to be drawn somewhere in the proverbial sand. I'm certain that if implemented correctly and swiftly, this threat of taking points off clubs will have the desired effect.

Puts me to mind of the old "count to 3" trick used with kids. They either listen, or they get a smacked ass. It's worked for generations, why not for childish football "fans"?

Can you imagine how ****ed this would be if this was us and not Housos and Tards??

The ordeals we have to go through just to get ****ing 3 points with GVE at the helm would make it a wrist slashing experience

WolfMan
04-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Can you imagine how ****ed this would be if this was us and not Housos and Tards??

The ordeals we have to go through just to get ****ing 3 points with GVE at the helm would make it a wrist slashing experience

You're right, it would be ****ed if it happened to us - and that's entirely the point. How long would you tolerate the minority of idiots causing varying degrees of havoc when the team you love we're at risk of getting points taken off them?

By the same token, how long would Clubs sit on their hands and release meaningless Press Statements?

MFKS
04-01-2014, 08:18 AM
You're right, it would be ****ed if it happened to us - and that's entirely the point. How long would you tolerate the minority of idiots causing varying degrees of havoc when the team you love we're at risk of getting points taken off them?

By the same token, how long would Clubs sit on their hands and release meaningless Press Statements?

So you reckon we should form some sort of vigilante posse patrolling the streets of Broadmeadow on game days looking for Jets fans and lay the smackdown on them when they step out of line???

De-Champ
04-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Think very carefully before deducting points. You are punishing the wrong people. Why puish the clubs, why not track down the people fighting (or whatever they were doing) and punish them. Simon Hill made an imprtant point, at the cricket there was trouble by a small group of fans. Nobody is suggesting stripping Australia of that ashes game win.
By following the line of reasoning of stripping points, then the Jets should be deducted points as well, wasn't there some sort of trouble a couple of weeks or so ago?

joel31
04-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Think very carefully before deducting points. You are punishing the wrong people. Why puish the clubs, why not track down the people fighting (or whatever they were doing) and punish them. Simon Hill made an imprtant point, at the cricket there was trouble by a small group of fans. Nobody is suggesting stripping Australia of that ashes game win.
By following the line of reasoning of stripping points, then the Jets should be deducted points as well, wasn't there some sort of trouble a couple of weeks or so ago?
That trouble with us wasn't our fault it was the Wanderers fault AND the polices fault

Skirt Boy
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Okay would you prefer the FFA to turn a blind eye and pretend there is no problem?

For starters it should never have happened.

I went to a Thuringian Cup game when I was in Germany to see SC Weimar 1903 vs FC Carl Zeiss Jena in Weimar. The authorities ensured that fans arrived at the ground safely. Hell they even allowed about a thousand Jena fans march down the main road from the station to the market square and then on to the royal palace. From there it was up the hill to the stadium. Throughout there was roughly 200 police including riot squad for a total attendance of about 6000 at the game.

Other then the German riot squad and police charging the away fans to keep then inline nothing really of note happened.

FFS I'd prefer the police and FFA to be proactive admit they ****ed up instead of reactionary measures that do nothing but punish fans for being passionate about their teams.

goaliepersempre
04-01-2014, 10:07 AM
For starters it should never have happened.

I went to a Thuringian Cup game when I was in Germany to see SC Weimar 1903 vs FC Carl Zeiss Jena in Weimar. The authorities ensured that fans arrived at the ground safely. Hell they even allowed about a thousand Jena fans march down the main road from the station to the market square and then on to the royal palace. From there it was up the hill to the stadium. Throughout there was roughly 200 police including riot squad for a total attendance of about 6000 at the game.

Other then the German riot squad and police charging the away fans to keep then inline nothing really of note happened.

FFS I'd prefer the police and FFA to be proactive admit they ****ed up instead of reactionary measures that do nothing but punish fans for being passionate about their teams.

Same in switzerland... could detail a long list of the measures that are in place here.. which some are a little extreme but many should be enforced...

E.g our fan group have a deal in place with the club that no pyro will be let of at HOME games during the season.. With this we get more access to the club, much less privacy invasion for the home GA sector and a monetary benefit....

MFKS
04-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Those points are all good and well as to what happens in Europe.

Issue is here in Australia the policing/security aspects of crowds at HAL games are inept. The authorities have no ****ing idea and massive change is needed on this front. Until the Police/Security decide they wish to make changes nothing will happen on this front.

Look at the way the Police operate with drunkenness issues in Newy. You never see them out and about early in the night nipping stuff in the bud or even maintaining a high presence outside a nightspot on closing time. No they turn up 10-15 mins after a ruckus occurred and half the parties have left the scene.

Policing in this country in general is far too reactionary and not preventative

militiamon
04-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Policing in this country in general is far too reactionary and not preventative

Agreeing with MFKS on this issue.

WolfMan
04-01-2014, 10:54 AM
So you reckon we should form some sort of vigilante posse patrolling the streets of Broadmeadow on game days looking for Jets fans and lay the smackdown on them when they step out of line???

Yeh that's what I'm saying.... FFS. What I mean is anti-social behaviour would be more often reported to the relevant authorities (security inside the ground etc.) rather than a blind eye being turned.

Perfect example - the flare that got ripped in Bay 2 last season by some homeless looking blow-in was immediately reported to security by most, if not all Squadron attendees. Yes, sanctions weren't in place, but I believe if they are, this type of thing will only happen more until (hopefully) the trouble-makers are completely ostracised.

MFKS
04-01-2014, 11:29 AM
So what time are we forming the vigilante posse today??? :sparring:

De-Champ
04-01-2014, 11:31 AM
That trouble with us wasn't our fault it was the Wanderers fault AND the polices fault

it is always someone else's fault.
Who was at fault at the riot victory V WSW they both canoot be at fault. Someone must gave started it

joel31
04-01-2014, 11:45 AM
it is always someone else's fault.
Who was at fault at the riot victory V WSW they both canoot be at fault. Someone must gave started it
If you were in the squadron at the time you'd understand what I mean

joel31
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Agreeing with MFKS on this issue.
MFKS is seeming to be making more logical and agreeable statements recently

GazFish35
04-01-2014, 12:27 PM
So many of the issues we have are from the design of stadiums and surrounds in Australia aren't made to separate fans in the first place. Suncorp really is the only one rant this can happen at easily..... Though EAS isn't too bad if the cops just told the away fans that they have to come in the north and leave via the north.

Add to the poor designed in this aspect with the usual way of letting fans mingle in making at each other and policing the separation of fans is very difficult.

The stoopid thing is the RBB whinge like little bitches for months about the cops being all up in their grill, in bars, in marches in the streets etc etc than bitch and moan when the cops weren't at the royal Melbourne....

If there are 15 ****s causing the ruckus and setting off bungas, there's another 50 who know, and see, but stay quiet.

MFKS
04-01-2014, 12:48 PM
So many of the issues we have are from the design of stadiums and surrounds in Australia aren't made to separate fans in the first place. Suncorp really is the only one rant this can happen at easily..... Though EAS isn't too bad if the cops just told the away fans that they have to come in the north and leave via the north.

Add to the poor designed in this aspect with the usual way of letting fans mingle in making at each other and policing the separation of fans is very difficult.

The stoopid thing is the RBB whinge like little bitches for months about the cops being all up in their grill, in bars, in marches in the streets etc etc than bitch and moan when the cops weren't at the royal Melbourne....

If there are 15 ****s causing the ruckus and setting off bungas, there's another 50 who know, and see, but stay quiet.

Precisely right about the stadium design not being applicable for the segregation of fans.

One issue here is the issue of segregation of fans.

The FFA are trying for the family friendly angle where rival fans mix in sit with one another and watch the game together and go home without incident. Until this ideal changes and segregation is imposed the issues will continue.

I find it ridiculous that we as Jets fans can buy tickets for most areas of the ground when we play away. This season on the 2 games I have been to at SFS there was a batch of approx. 100-200 Jets fans sitting on the Eastern side and others in the western stand despite us having the whole southern end to ourselves.

Obviously most of those taking these seats aren't the troublemaking types but it concerns me that these events of trouble will continue whilst we are not properly segreated

04-01-2014, 12:49 PM
MFKS is seeming to be making more logical and agreeable statements recently

It is a new year, has turned over a new leaf.

MFKS
04-01-2014, 12:51 PM
It is a new year, has turned over a new leaf.

Just waiting until the NBN starts up and the debates in the Local Forum kick off :tongue: :sparring:

joel31
04-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Precisely right about the stadium design not being applicable for the segregation of fans.

One issue here is the issue of segregation of fans.

The FFA are trying for the family friendly angle where rival fans mix in sit with one another and watch the game together and go home without incident. Until this ideal changes and segregation is imposed the issues will continue.

I find it ridiculous that we as Jets fans can buy tickets for most areas of the ground when we play away. This season on the 2 games I have been to at SFS there was a batch of approx. 100-200 Jets fans sitting on the Eastern side and others in the western stand despite us having the whole southern end to ourselves.

Obviously most of those taking these seats aren't the troublemaking types but it concerns me that these events of trouble will continue whilst we are not properly segreated
There was a silver away bay on the eastern grandstand for our away games at SFS

MFKS
04-01-2014, 01:47 PM
There was a silver away bay on the eastern grandstand for our away games at SFS
Whatever it was it is ridiculous that we have an entire end to ourselves which we ain't filling and having fans sitting in the Smurfs part of the crowd where they could be exposed to trouble.

Exactly the same as how ridiculous it was that there was at least 20-30 in WSW gear in the Western Stand Bay I am in last home game when they have their own bays. It wouldn't take much too start an issue with this amount of rival support in the home area

Skirt Boy
04-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Whatever it was it is ridiculous that we have an entire end to ourselves which we ain't filling and having fans sitting in the Smurfs part of the crowd where they could be exposed to trouble.

Exactly the same as how ridiculous it was that there was at least 20-30 in WSW gear in the Western Stand Bay I am in last home game when they have their own bays. It wouldn't take much too start an issue with this amount of rival support in the home area

If you're not active support, irrespective of where you are in a stadium you wouldn't find any trouble generally. Most people are not stupid and even walking to or from a stadium in colours in opposition territory you will be fine.

Disinterested Bystander
04-01-2014, 02:50 PM
If you're not active support, irrespective of where you are in a stadium you wouldn't find any trouble generally. Most people are not stupid and even walking to or from a stadium in colours in opposition territory you will be fine.

Precisely right. All this talk of poor stadium design, lack of fan segregation, police not forcing away fans to enter EAS through the north gate etc etc is just excuse making by socially inept ****wits. Most people can support their team, hurl abuse at the opposition and go home at the end of the game without becoming a gormless thug.

If those morons were ostracised from the active support groups, handed over to the seccos/police there'd be no need for any of those measures.

plague
04-01-2014, 02:51 PM

Nah, if something bad happened we'd just pick a scapegoat (probs you or Smeezy), grass you out to make sure we don't lose our 3 points.

plague
04-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Precisely right. All this talk of poor stadium design, lack of fan segregation, police not forcing away fans to enter EAS through the north gate etc etc is just excuse making by socially inept ****wits. Most people can support their team, hurl abuse at the opposition and go home at the end of the game without becoming a gormless thug.

If those morons were ostracised from the active support groups, handed over to the seccos/police there'd be no need for any of those measures.
Well said. Sad will be the day when stadiums and police resources are all about babysitting a small number of knobheads.

Premy
04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Last season away at Heart there was more then a dozen blokes clearly dressed in Jets gear that asked for tickets in the away end. They received GA tickets and when they got to the away bay security would not let them in forcing them to sit with Heart supporters.
Just a example of how the powers that be see these things.

Disinterested Bystander
04-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Last season away at Heart there was more then a dozen blokes clearly dressed in Jets gear that asked for tickets in the away end. They received GA tickets and when they got to the away bay security would not let them in forcing them to sit with Heart supporters.
Just a example of how the powers that be see these things.

Oh the humanity, however did they survive?

De-Champ
04-01-2014, 03:36 PM
If you were in the squadron at the time you'd understand what I mean

Ho w would you know if I as there or not, anyway it is irrelevant. you are missing the point.

Thomas477
04-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Just waiting until the NBN starts up and the debates in the Local Forum kick off :tongue: :sparring:

:wub:

My2BobsWorth
05-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Get rid of the Wanderers, problem solved. I'm sure Canberra or Wooly would love that licence. Front page of Sundy Tele, story about NT hooligans and their younger siblings

05-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Bring back the Wolves. Sash could still carve the league up.

belchardo
06-01-2014, 08:35 AM
zads has got himself engaged. congrats.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2006188/sidelines-wedding-bells-for-zadkovich/?cs=305

JETS skipper Ruben Zadkovich received a gift to remember when girlfriend Bianca Foteff accepted his marriage proposal on Christmas morning. Zadkovich has a tradition of surfing every Christmas morning and used the occasion to pop the question in romantic fashion at the beach. While bending down on one knee to attach Bianca’s leg-rope, Zadkovich surprised his long-time girlfriend with the proposal.

Bianca’s father, Broadmeadow Magic president Steve Foteff, said Zadkovich had asked his permission three weeks earlier, to which he replied: ‘‘Just hurry up.’’ Foteff said his family was ecstatic with the news and celebrated well into the new year.

plague
06-01-2014, 10:17 AM
zads has got himself engaged. congrats.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2006188/sidelines-wedding-bells-for-zadkovich/?cs=305

WHY CANT RUBES GET ENGAGED TO SOMEONE FROM A SMALLER CLUB. MAGIC AND NNSW AGAIN GETTING ALL THE FAVOURS FROM EVERYONE.
- ForeverRed.

(sorry, had to).

Congrats though Rubes.

russjaybee
06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
'Grats rubes, well on the way to becoming a newy lad ay?

When he was playing with FC and even when he first joined us I was sceptical of him and didn't really like him. Definitely grown on me a lot and is now one of the players I believe may actually care about the team and want to do well for the club. Suits newy as well, doesn't mind having a go.

militiamon
06-01-2014, 11:35 AM
WHY CANT RUBES GET ENGAGED TO SOMEONE FROM A SMALLER CLUB. MAGIC AND NNSW AGAIN GETTING ALL THE FAVOURS FROM EVERYONE.
- ForeverRed.

:rof:

Top work Rubes, sooooo Newy hey.

hawk
06-01-2014, 11:27 PM
rubes needs a bachelor partee'. get in

Q fire up the turn tables

BodyNovo
07-01-2014, 08:07 AM
rubez is deadset as newy as they come

Andy Roberts drives Kombi = Legend

Rubez drives Kombi = Legend

Jeterpool
07-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Herald reporting scans on Mitch Cooper likely to need a 2nd knee reconstruction. Unsure if it's the same knee or not.

Poor kid. I feel for him. He honestly could do with talking to someone like Marko Jesic who came back from 3.

This wa sa result from a poor challenge in the Youth game on the weekend - see MFKS's post in the Youth Froum.

ForeverRed
07-01-2014, 09:50 AM
- ForeverRed.

(sorry, had to).

Congrats though Rubes.

What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are

Thomas477
07-01-2014, 09:59 AM
:popcorn:

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 10:26 AM
[ Shots fired ]

MFKS
07-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Herald reporting scans on Mitch Cooper likely to need a 2nd knee reconstruction. Unsure if it's the same knee or not.

Poor kid. I feel for him. He honestly could do with talking to someone like Marko Jesic who came back from 3.

This wa sa result from a poor challenge in the Youth game on the weekend - see MFKS's post in the Youth Froum.

You could argue 3 finished Jesic. Where is he these days??

q-money
07-01-2014, 11:14 AM
maybe marko could give mitch cooper his brother's ACL, didn't seem to work for him

q-money
07-01-2014, 11:14 AM

loooooool

Jeterpool
07-01-2014, 11:20 AM
You could argue 3 finished Jesic. Where is he these days??

No idea to be honest.

I wouldn't argue with your thought either.

q-money
07-01-2014, 11:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Pegasus_FC

here ya go

the jes dawg is in hong kong

hawk
07-01-2014, 12:47 PM

oi, stop taking tha bait.

Grimario
07-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Confirmed as other knee.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Cooper-out-for-the-season/82529

Scans today have confirmed that Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets attacking midfielder Mitch Cooper has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee and will require season ending surgery.

The knee is the opposite of the one Cooper had operated on at the end of the 2012/13 Hyundai A-League season.

Cooper sustained his current injury as the result of a poor challenge during the Newcastle Jets’ National Youth League clash with Western Sydney Wanderers at Wanderers Oval in Broadmeadow on Sunday.

The 19-year-old was making just his fifth appearance for the Jets youth team since recovering from the ruptured ACL in his right knee.

“As Mitch skipped past one of their defenders he was pulled back by his shoulder and twisted to the ground in one motion,” Jets physiotherapist Robert Dingle explained.

“With his left leg being planted on the ground all of the twisting load was placed through his knee.

“It's devastating for Mitch considering he was just starting to get into the grind of playing games and starting to look quite good.

“Mitch will start his rehabilitation process straight away and will be supported by the Club in every way possible.

“He will have great training partner in Scott Neville and I'm sure they will both support and encourage each other and come back bigger and stronger next season.”

Cooper said he was extremely disappointed to have suffered his second ACL injury in the space of just nine months, he vowed to bounce back strongly from the setback.

“The way it felt when I went down, I knew it wasn’t good at all,” Cooper said.

“It’s difficult to take the second time around, but I already know what I need to do to come back from an injury like this because I’ve done it once before.

“I know that if I do the right things with my rehab I’ll come back stronger.

“I’ve already got a lot of messages of support from all my teammates and people at the Club and I know they’ll all be there to help me get back to my best.”

Imyourhero
07-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Poor bastard

MFKS
07-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Gutted for the bloke.

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery so he can actually be involved in the pre season and trials next season so he can actually push for a first team spot under our new manager

plague
07-01-2014, 07:37 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7194721792/h8D44FBEE/

I'm upset that Santa didn't get you that sense of humour for Christmas (i wrote the big man like 6 times asking).
Don't worry I've now removed you from my 'people who don't like funny things' list.
Now before this turns into some sort of Tupac/Biggie style beef, let me be the bigger man.
In all seriousness, with all sincerity* I wholeheartedly apologise for any offence caused.
Looking forward to reading your posts in the Local Forum.
Oh, and the swear filter kind of messes up the faux outrage posts now, they kind of just look like a bunch of asterisk's.

*Plagues sincerity levels may not meet minimum society standards.

Anyway - Mitch Cooper, sad news.

MFKS
07-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Apoligising for that Plague??:sigh::wtf:

I am embarrassed for you

FU CKING DIS GRACE

plague
07-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Apoligising for that Plague??:sigh::wtf:

I am embarrassed for you

FU CKING DIS GRACE

sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Member.
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx1RDpLJhauhBDSGUMR_60Do3Zse7jz 7R_qWoPJtbSymqZDI4OCQ

militiamon
07-01-2014, 08:05 PM
I don't know what was better, ForeverRed's completely unexpected outburst or plague's reply :wub:

Good work gents.

MFKS
07-01-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't know what was better, ForeverRed's completely unexpected outburst or plague's reply :wub:

Good work gents.

What was unexpected about it for you??

I thought it was a dead certain laydown mazaire.

The bloke is that predictable I didn't EVEN feel the need to antagonise him any more with remarks about Rubes reckoning the drainage is better at Wanderers Oval than the Chicken Coop etc as Plague had already got in first and loaded the trap already

Beeen
08-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Griff to the pissants. Shame

MFKS
08-01-2014, 12:43 AM
THE chances of Ryan Griffiths returning to the Jets ended last night when the former A-League golden boot agreed to terms with rivals Adelaide United.

Griffiths trained with the Jets on Monday and loomed as a fallback option if the club cannot extend the stay of Nathan Burns, whose loan deal from Korean club Incheon United expires after Friday’s clash against Melbourne Victory at Hunter Stadium.
See your ad here

But Adelaide came in a with a ‘‘good offer’’ yesterday and, pending a medical, the 32-year-old will join the Reds for the rest of the season. He could be involved as early as Saturday’s away game against leaders Brisbane.

‘‘I was talking with the Jets, but they were unsure about the situation with Burnsy,’’ Griffiths said.

‘‘I would have preferred to stay in Newcastle. I have always tried my hardest for the club and it felt like home, but I didn’t really want to be second choice.

‘‘Adelaide came in with a good offer out of left field. It wasn’t my intention to go to another A-League club and I hope the Jets fans forgive me. But Adelaide were really keen and made a big effort to get me on board. It was nice to be really wanted.’’

Adelaide have been struck down by injury and international duty, especially in the front third.

Bruce Djite (groin), Fabio Ferreira (groin) and Sergio Cirio (hamstring) are sidelined, and Marcelo Carrusca (knee) is in doubt.

Jake Barker-Daish is with the Australian under-22s in Oman.

Griffiths, whose wife and children will stay in Newcastle in the short term, has been without a home since leaving Chinese second-tier club Beijing Baxy, the outfit he gained a release from the Jets to join almost year ago.

‘‘I was looking at a few things over there, but when Adelaide came along I jumped at it. I had gone two months without a salary.

‘‘One minute I was talking to [former Jet] Tarek Elrich, the next thing you know Adelaide were on the phone.’’
See your ad here

Burns is expected to return to Korea, where he has a year to run on his contract, next week.

The A-League transfer window opens today and closes on February 5, giving the Jets four weeks to negotiate an extension for Burns or find a replacement.

Least he didn't sign for the Gypo Scum or the ****ing Houso Scum

Premy
08-01-2014, 07:21 AM
When did Ryan win the Golden boot?

BodyNovo
08-01-2014, 07:43 AM
this is why the r & j griff are deadset legends.

both are highly apologetic to there moves to other HAL clubs when it is hardly there fault, and how much they love the club.

look at say Nick Carle who said he would never play for another club blah blah, than he signed for Sydney and said he was playing for the biggest club and that he always wanted to play for sydney.

the club are going to look stupid if they now don't get burns. as mentioned in another thread the club should be on the plane to korea TODAY if there intention is to sign burns. .

Jetmaster
08-01-2014, 07:56 AM
this is why the r & j griff are deadset legends.

both are highly apologetic to there moves to other HAL clubs when it is hardly there fault, and how much they love the club.

look at say Nick Carle who said he would never play for another club blah blah, than he signed for Sydney and said he was playing for the biggest club and that he always wanted to play for sydney.

the club are going to look stupid if they now don't get burns. as mentioned in another thread the club should be on the plane to korea TODAY if there intention is to sign burns. .

How easily blinded you are - Griffo boys go to whoever shows them the coin first - end of. Ryan could have waited till the weekend if he was serious on staying here.

It maybe that the club think he is past it and aren't interested, he and his agent would have used Jets interest as a marketing tool.

His tweet - "But to be called a fallback player and second preference player by staff at jets is a little rough" - mate you leave the club and they find a younger replacement, sounds like you expect them to just let Burns go and give you a gig. You are second preference - that is FACT.

Past efforts appreciated but time to move on - they are all getting on a bit.

Premy
08-01-2014, 08:17 AM
How easily blinded you are - Griffo boys go to whoever shows them the coin first - end of. Ryan could have waited till the weekend if he was serious on staying here.

It maybe that the club think he is past it and aren't interested, he and his agent would have used Jets interest as a marketing tool.

His tweet - "But to be called a fallback player and second preference player by staff at jets is a little rough" - mate you leave the club and they find a younger replacement, sounds like you expect them to just let Burns go and give you a gig. You are second preference - that is FACT.

This +1000
The bloke walks out at a crucial stage in the season then expects the welcome mat to be laid down when he comes back.

If the club had any sense/BALLS someone should of gone up to Bridges and give him a little tap on the shoulder telling him it might be time to hang up the boots.

plague
08-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Ryan Griffiths signs with Adelaide.
Well done Middleby, I didn't think you'd be able to pull it off.
Credit where it's due.

sammydog
08-01-2014, 08:48 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Both Ryan and Joel did the same thing, walked out of the club mid contract to chase coin. Look at the tantrum Joel pulled when he came back from Loan......refused to even ****ing train until we released him. If that is not disrespectful to the club/fans then nothing is. Ryan left as leading goal scorer at a crucial point of the season.

I don't blame them for chasing money, but lets not call them legends for the way they dealt with join g to other clubs. In my opinion, walking out mid contract is way worse than anything Carle did by not coming back and they have both done it.

Great players while they were here, but time to move on. End of the day R.Griff has been very open about wanting to get back to china. As much as I rate Griff as a player, I'd rather chase someone who is going to stick around.

Ryan Griffiths signs with Adelaide.
Well done Middleby, I didn't think you'd be able to pull it off.
Credit where it's due.

Given past history of pissing off mid contract to chase money in asia, and given he has not hidden his desire to get back, I wouldn't have signed him either. Great player but too much of a risk of pissing off as soon as anything in China pops up.

Pico
08-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Burns should be the fall back option now, if we get him great, but other clubs will probably be looking at him if he can free himself from his contract or gets another loan period approved. What we need is an attacking midfielder who can help unlock defences. We have a squad spot available, an unused visa spot and hopefully some salary cap the problem is going to be finding someone especially with our track record.

Premy
08-01-2014, 09:19 AM
We have a squad spot available

You sure about that.

Grimario
08-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Can 100% guarantee that he scores the winner against us last round of regular season to knock us out of top 6. Guaranteed, 100% definitely going to happen.

weston
08-01-2014, 10:18 AM
It would be good if we re-sign Burns. Griffiths lose is a bit of a blow but where would he fit in the middle with Taggart and Heskey? Or on the wing if we keep Burns? We shouldn't be looking to replace burns either, ffs we have Goodwin. More than capable to play left wing. As Pico said before, Attacking Mid is where its at for us right now. We need a player that pulls off the shit Broich does for Brisbane. Plenty of people come out and say Heskey only scores or whatever when he is given good service. Anyone scores more when given good service. We just can't seem to find that player to give the good service to the likes of Heskey or Taggart. Not that the service should be down to one player. This club has needed an attacking midfield for years, we had someone for that position last season (whether he was upto scratch or not is a different issue), and the youth team benefited from Ribeiro.

With burns going you have a squad spot (assuming he goes), Bridges is past it and needs to take a step back, theres another squad spot and I would say there wod be a bit of cash available there aswell. If these 2 players left than we could look at an attacking mid and why not look at a proper left back? (piss Galloway off aswell). I won't be expecting any of these though. If we buy in this window, attacking midfield would have to be priority.

q-money
08-01-2014, 10:33 AM
bridges is the real villain here

northern_swan
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
If the club had any sense/BALLS someone should of gone up to Bridges and give him a little tap on the shoulder telling him it might be time to hang up the boots.

Pure speculation on my part, but IIRC Bridges gets his Aus Citizenship this Friday. I reckon he might give it away after that.

GazFish35
08-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Everyone's right, we should hate players who show us (the fans) a little respect as apposed to those who essential tell us all to go get ****ed.

/sarcasm

Pico
08-01-2014, 11:11 AM
You sure about that.
Burns loan deal ends on the 11th, after that we have the squad spot available to either re-loan/sign Burns or look to strengthen elsewhere, personally I think we are in desperate need of midfield creativity more than Burns.

Hunter403
08-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Speaking of Carle...that bloke looks absolutely miserable at Sydney. Don't we need a number 10?

Thomas477
08-01-2014, 11:43 AM
**** Carle, almost as bad as Hutcho IMO.

Also, would take back Griffo any day of the week. The bloke is a deadset legend :wub:

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Agree with most of the sentiments on here. Griffiths happy for the Jets to be a fallback option for him if he cant get a gig in Asia, but he is disappointed that he is a fallback option for the jets.. Pot. Kettle. Black.

q-money
08-01-2014, 12:17 PM
maybe just pay people more money, and other people less money (bridges)

lquiquer
08-01-2014, 12:30 PM
RG: "I had gone two months without a salary."
Didn't he go to China last year so he was set up for life!!!! Prick

lquiquer
08-01-2014, 12:47 PM
He might fail the medical?!!!! Chinese bug

The Dunster
08-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Speaking of Carle...that bloke looks absolutely miserable at Sydney. Don't we need a number 10?

Carle is a poor man's #10 as he rarely scores goals.

Jeterpool
08-01-2014, 03:16 PM

I reckon he'll be sticking it out. He signed a two year extension and I don't think ADP will be there next year so he'll have his #10 spot back.

belchardo
08-01-2014, 04:16 PM
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/mariners-appoint-former-roar-administrator-bruce-stalder-to-ceo-post-20140108-30grk.html

mariners have got a new CEO - the Roar CEO.

in the article he said it was ‘‘a really exciting opportunity to work with an iconic brand”. FFS, it's a football club, not a brand. modern sport. :sigh:

hawk
08-01-2014, 04:42 PM
in the article he said it was ‘‘a really exciting opportunity to work with an iconic brand”. FFS, it's a football club, not a brand. modern sport. :sigh:

an ordinary one at that :P

MFKS
08-01-2014, 04:47 PM
an ordinary one at that :P

That very few in this country or the Coast for that matter give a FU CK about

My2BobsWorth
08-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Squadron in the west, get rid of Bridgey, attendance 6K

MFKS
08-01-2014, 06:19 PM

Chances of winning improve 100%
Sack GVE before Friday and they go up 10000%

parksey
08-01-2014, 06:47 PM
the griffs are the biggest mercs in australian football. he has no reason to bag out newy and probably doesn't want to burn his bridges with a view to re-joining us one day.

love them but.

Blackmac79
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM

back to the good days then yeh?

belchardo
08-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Victory and wanderers have accepted the penalties and won't contest them

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-08/wanders-and-victory-decide-not-to-contest-ffa-sanctions/5191152

Jetmaster
09-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Final words - sure Ryan go where the offer is made, but your twitter comments are uncalled for and you have lost all empathy.

How old are the fanbois on Facebook - fmd !

belchardo
09-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Soccer: Tuggeranong to appeal FFA Cup decision Lee Gaskin

Tuggeranong United president Jon Thiele says the decision to overlook the Federation Cup champion for the inaugural FFA Cup ''defies all logic'' and will appeal to Capital Football to have the move overturned.

However, Capital Football believes it would be unfair to the remainder of the clubs in Canberra because they were unaware at the time a place in the ground-breaking nationwide tournament would be up for grabs.

A pre-season competition will be held in March and April featuring the eight teams in the Canberra National Premier League to determine who will represent the ACT in this year's FFA Cup.

The winner of Canberra's own knockout tournament, the Federation Cup, will qualify for the FFA Cup in subsequent years.

Thiele was adamant his club was entitled to secure the spot in the competition and have the chance to potentially take on the big guns from the A-League.

''The decision made this year not to allow the current Federation Cup winner to participate is incorrect and we don't understand Capital Football's reasoning behind it,'' Thiele said.

''It just defies all logic.

''I will write a letter with the expectation of the appropriate response from Capital Football and I don't see any reason why they shouldn't overturn it.''

The FFA Cup is a knockout competition based on the FA Cup in England and will involve 32 teams from across the country, including the nine Australian-based A-League clubs.

It is tentatively scheduled to kick off in late July, while the Federation Cup won't conclude until September.

It means clubs which only field teams in the second-tier Capital State League can't qualify for the FFA Cup.

''I was disappointed how this was outlined to the Capital Football clubs,'' Thiele said.

''The draw came out for the pre-season competition and it had in fine print the winner of this competition would go through to the FFA Cup.

''The FFA Cup was originally designed for a club at any level, so now they're going against what Football Federation Australia had originally established.''

Capital Football men's competition league manager Alasdair Grocock admitted the situation wasn't ideal, but said it was the fairest solution for the majority of clubs.

''At that stage the FFA hadn't decided how the mechanics of the FFA Cup were going to work,'' Grocock said.

''When we ran the competition last year, we weren't running it with any premise that the winner was going any further than being announced as the Federation Cup winner for that year.

''In hindsight, you could say we could have done it, but we could have been amiss to clubs not saying that the winner of the competition could have been going forward [to the FFA Cup].''
[I]
This story was found at: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/soccer-tuggeranong-to-appeal-ffa-cup-decision-20140108-30hso.html

bit more info on the FFA cup.

militiamon
09-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Based on the FA Cup in England, only involves 32 teams. Yeah, OK.

Sounds more like a Champions League format than FA Cup.

joel31
09-01-2014, 01:47 PM

Apparently there is 32 teams for the first year and then they will expand it to all NPL teams the following year and see where they go from there

Premy
09-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Even the FA cup has qualifying rounds. Its nothing like the Champions League there is no group stage is there?

militiamon
09-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Ya, not a great comparison hey, but closer to the Champions League in the sense that it seems the teams will qualify for the FFA Cup based on league positions, winning their own separate cups, etc., rather than qualification being entirely contained in the FFA Cup competition and irrespective of other results.

joel says it will change in subsequent years, I'll take his word for it. Chances of this running next year are slim as it is.

joel31
09-01-2014, 02:32 PM
joel says it will change in subsequent years, I'll take his word for it. Chances of this running next year are slim as it is.
that's what I read a month or so ago. Last November A contact I have at the Jets told me that it will start this year but nothings moved since then so I'm doubtful

ForeverRed
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
The winner of the state cup (solo cup) 2014 will represent northern nsw football

GazFish35
09-01-2014, 08:13 PM
http://theconversation.com/australia-has-no-soccer-hooligan-problem-but-we-need-a-smarter-policing-approach-21851

Well worth a read.

Australia has no ‘soccer hooligan’ problem – but we need a smarter policing approach

Media commentary is not a reliable indicator of the severity of fan violence in Australian soccer – but policing approaches do need to improve. AAP/David Crosling
The A-League soccer game between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers late last year attracted national media headlines for all the wrong reasons: brawls between opposing fans outside a city pub, flares inside the ground.
For some, including the authorities, these behaviours exemplify the lingering menace of fan violence as well as the possible emergence of a “soccer hooligan” culture in Australia. Both clubs have accepted a three-point deduction, suspended until the end of the 2013-14 season, for their fans' misbehaviour.
However, media commentary is not a reliable indicator of the severity of fan violence in Australian soccer. In reality, levels of fan violence in Australian soccer are similar to those experienced in other Australian football codes. The overwhelming majority of A-League matches run pretty much incident-free.
It seems that the sport is tarnished in part by its international reputation as a site for hooliganism, particularly in Europe and South America. Comparable traditions of organised hooliganism don’t exist in any Australian spectator sport, including soccer.
Yet recent events also highlight certain issues that pose public safety and security challenges for the authorities. The displacement of incidents to outside the venue, for example on the way to or from the ground or in the city centre, is one such risk. The hazardous discharge of flares in crowded, closed venues is another.

Western Sydney fans set off flares at a recent game in Melbourne, sparking a renewed debate over ‘soccer hooliganism’. AAP/Joe Castro
The presence of large groups of boisterous young males can also be a daunting sight for law enforcers, even when these fans have legitimate intentions.
The A-League as a spectator sport now rivals many of the more established Australian sporting codes. As the popularity of the A-League continues to grow and Australian soccer fandom evolves, the promotion of safe yet exciting events becomes a critical task.
So, how can police, security, clubs and governing bodies develop effective public order management strategies without crippling the positive norms and rituals of fan expression, which produce the unique atmosphere at A-League games?
In answering this question, we can draw on elements of good practice that are currently used overseas. Certain control measures, such as the segregation of home and away fans, may be alien to many Australian sports fans, but are perfectly normalised in most European countries. This is especially the case at games where there is a heightened rivalry between opposing fans.
While segregation can have the unintended consequence of enhancing in-group solidarity and out-group antagonism, such antagonism is typically limited to ritualised aggression: that is, chanting and taunting and delivering insults, rather than any physical violence.
International practice and research tells us that mere repression and “stamping hard on it from above” will not solve the problem. Sure, punishment of serious offences is a necessary component of public order management. For example, the risk of being banned from matches for a long time (coupled with the recognition that such a ban will be strictly enforced) can act as a deterrent.
However, a more holistic public order management framework is required. A thorough understanding of fan culture and group dynamics is central to this. So too is the need to overcome the scepticism that often exists among social control agents, such as police and security, towards engaging in dialogue with soccer fans.

Some European clubs have suffered ‘hooligan’ problems - but have actively engaged fans' views in helping to solve them. EPA
Given that the vast majority of fans have legitimate intentions and do not seek to cause or contribute to violence, public order management ought to facilitate rather than control the majority of fans. Police and security also need to be able to respond selectively and differentiate between fans acting inappropriately and those engaging in lawful behaviours, based on information from events as those events develop.
If they treat all fans as potentially dangerous or react to the violent behaviour of some fans by imposing restraint on all, then this increases the likelihood of violating fan conceptions of legitimacy and inviting hostile crowd reactions.
Active communication and dialogue with fans can prevent or de-escalate conflict situations. Many active soccer fans want to play a role in promoting their game.
In some cases, fans, clubs, police and security have developed notions of shared responsibility. Fans are actively engaged in decision-making, contribute to the promotion of pro-social behaviours among their ranks and self-police behaviours that they consider illegitimate and harmful.
This type of approach has been quite effective at clubs such as Spanish La Liga club Espanyol. That club had experienced considerable hooligan problems which were reduced through the collaborative efforts of active fan groups and the club.
Some A-League clubs have sought to engage fans and keep communication channels open. Yet dialogue can easily break down due to misunderstandings or frictions.
Fostering longer-term relationships and co-operation between diverse stakeholders – including fan groups – will be pivotal to the development of the A-League as a premier spectator sport in Australia.

Schultz
09-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Maybe they could practice what they preach instead of arrogant secos and police turning banter into uncontrolled debacles.

plague
09-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Nah, what we really need is a team of eggheads that can establish a workshop to consult with the fans and explain to them what "NO VIOLENCE" and "NO FLARES" means.
Prob need minimum honours degree or a masters, such is the inability for some people to comprehend such complex tasks.
Heres hoping your Steve Hawkins, Noam Chomsky's and the like have some spare time to help our great game.

militiamon
09-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Gee, wish I lived in plague's world.

To young men in King's Cross: NO KING HITTING
To asylum seekers in Australian waters: NO ASYLUM SEEKING
To North Korea: NO NUKES

Problems solved :o

plague
10-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Gee, wish I lived in plague's world.

Yes you do.
It's fun, but quite exhausting on occasion.

edit: actually, to give you a small window into Plagues world, ive been lucky enough to go to hundreds of football games, concerts, other sporting events, protests (yes!!), and gatherings all over the world though the years. Ive been shitfaced and enjoyed myself in ways that most ordinary citizens do. But I have never once felt the need to punch on, nor ever rip a flare or puff my chest out and make the event more about 'me' than the people I'm there to see. (and believe me, im dead set right in the middle of the 'demo').
Ive also never been 'that guy' that i always read about that is always standing there minding his own business who gets punched out by cops or seccos for absolutely no reason at all.
Granted it has probably happened (never in Plague world) but I just get a bit over reading everyone blame everyone other than the people who are starting most of this stuff, a couple of retarded fans.

hawk
11-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Newcastle Jets sign Joel Griffiths for rest of season smh
old news but should be in every thread

MFKS
11-01-2014, 04:09 PM
ALESSANDRO Del Piero's presence in Adelaide for 48 hours last week created a player hype never seen before in the history of football in SA.

The Sydney FC captain, Italy and Juventus legend left a legacy which for too long has been ignored by Adelaide United.

But having Del Piero in town told a story which Adelaide's hierarchy should actually try to 'read' before discounting the notion that marquee players aren't worth a pinch because the SA market is futile.

The club has stated that marquee fact on its "official unofficial" website.

But it's now time for Adelaide to target a real star for SA.

Fox Sports football expert Mark Bosnich agrees.

"They need to get a big player, a real big player next season,'' Bosnich said.

"Del Piero proved that they are ready, the club wouldn't go wrong with a big name Italian or one from the UK.

"They have to see the best fit for their market and I think that's it."
Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, left, takes on AS Roma forward Francesco Totti. Picture: Massimo Pinca/AP Photo.

Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo, left, takes on AS Roma forward Francesco Totti. Picture: Massimo Pinca/AP Photo.

Del Piero proved Adelaide fans will support a marquee spend and perhaps it's time principal owner Robert Gerard got actively involved in attracting the best possible player to SA.

Del Piero was pie in the sky stuff but Sydney made it happen after Adelaide's football director Michael Petrillo was given an opportunity to investigate the Juventus legend's status a year before the Sky Blues signed the megastar.

Melbourne-based Lou Sticca, managing director of Tribal Sports Group, has achieved great success in helping to attract some of the biggest names like Del Piero, Dwight Yorke (former Sydney FC) and Shinji Ono (Western Sydney Wanderers) to the A-League.

The trio have made an instant impact in their various club markets.

Sticca believes Adelaide United's market is best suited to attracting first class marquee players from either the United Kingdom, Italy and Greece.

"The flow on effect of a marquee player is more than just the immediate impact it has on the club,'' Sticca said.

"A player like Del Piero, Shinji Ono and a Dwight Yorke has an effect right across the competition. Back in year one of the A-League (2005/06) Dwight Yorke put the competition on the map in a crowded sporting landscape.

"Yorke gave the A-League the fuel to take off and to get the exposure that it got and the crowds that it got there's no doubt that Dwight Yorke's capture by Sydney FC had a dramatic effect right across Sydney as a hole.
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand receiving treatment after an onfield clash. Picture: Andrew Yates/AFP Photo.

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand receiving treatment after an onfield clash. Picture: Andrew Yates/AFP Photo.

"A KPI you could use for a successful marquee is that the away crowds, documentary evidence is there that every time Yorke played an away game it was the host club's biggest gate of the season.

"Del Piero has had a similar effect and Adelaide proved that when nearly 16,000 people turned up, it proves that good marque players work.

"I'm a real big fan of the Adelaide market and I think Adelaide is as vibrant a market as any other city."

Del Piero may have cost Sydney FC about $4 million for two seasons but the Sky Blues got a lot more opportunities to recoup their cash and actually made some more because the Italian is a brand - not just a player that will help the club win games.

Not only has Del Piero attracted more people to stadiums but he has also given the club an opportunity to on sell everything associated with the Italian being at their club.

The Italian would have been a neat fit in the SA market.

Del Piero mania was in full swing the moment he landed in Adelaide on Thursday when more than 300 fans welcomed the Italian megastar at the airport.

When 15,347 fans turned up to Hindmarsh to watch Sydney FC take on Adelaide the gate probably jumped by 5000 extra because of the Del Piero factor.

And the Italian did not disappoint.

Even though he was not in pristine physical condition Del Piero made sure his fans got a nice dose of the 2006 FIFA World Cup winner for 77 minutes.

When he left the pitch to a standing ovation one wonders what would have happened if he scored.

Would his goal have attracted more noise than an Adelaide goal?

And Adelaide officials may even say Hindmarsh may be too small to cater for a marquee star but then we now have the grand Adelaide Oval's 53,500 capacity to cope with five star A-League games.

There is a whisper the club is targeting a "$20 million player" but there are no excuses now for Adelaide United to delve into the marquee market and mix it with the big guns of the A-League.

TOP FIVE OFF CONTRACT MARQUEE PLAYERS ADELAIDE UNITED SHOULD TARGET NEXT SEASON

No. 1 - Andrea Pirlo, 34 - Italy, Juventus, AC Milan

Why? - Pirlo is a brand just like Alessandro Del Piero. The 2006 FIFA World Cup winner with Italy is a midfielder with exquisite skills both from free play and set pieces. He is loved globally as a man. Adelaide fans will flock to see Pirlo not only at stadiums. Pirlo knows Adelaide. He was in Adelaide playing for Italy at the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

No. 2 David Trezeguet, 36 - France, Juventus, River Plate, AS Monaco. (1998 FIFA World Cup winner)

Why? If you watched the reception Trezeguet received when he returned to Juventus Stadium to watch the Old Lady belt AS Roma 3-0 last weekend you would understand the status of this French legend. Trezeguet was in Italy named by the press "Treze goal'' for good reason. He can score goals from anywhere and is also deadly from set pieces.

No. 3 - John Terry, 33 - England, Chelsea, Nottingham Forest

Why? John Terry is known as Mr Chelsea. His name is synonymous with the club and he would be an ideal leader for Adelaide United. Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti referred to Terry as a Chelsea "symbol"during his first press conference in 2009. Terry is a defender.

No. 4 - Rio Ferdinand, 35 - England, Manchester United, West Ham

Why? The Man U central defender has a great ambassador for years. Ferdinand also has a plethora of brand business interests in restaurants, magazines, movies, TV and fashion which could also be exploited in Asia through his A-League connections - if it ever happens.

No. 5 - Frank Lampard, 35 - England, Chelsea, West Ham, Swansea

Why? Lampard is a majestic footballer and one of the icons of the English Premier League. He has all the true great characteristics of the British game which should be revered and never shamed by football snobs. He's tough, never says die and can score goals from anywhere near or inside the box.

Be a big achievement for the Pissant town to land someone like this

GazFish35
11-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Pirlo would be great. Trezegeut wow.

The others meh, I'd get kicks out of booing them.

MFKS
11-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Pirlo would be great. Trezegeut wow.

The others meh, I'd get kicks out of booing them.

Lampard would be a big pick up.

Regardless of your EPL club support the bloke would be massive in HAL regardless of who he played for as he achieved much more in his career than Heskey and Ono ever did

Agree the defenders should be avoided like the plague. Strikers/Midfielders only for Marquees

plague
11-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Agree the defenders should be avoided like the plague.

Piss off.

Jeterpool
11-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Piss off.

You're going by the name "The Plague" now? Very superhero villainish of you!

GazFish35
11-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Lampard would be a big pick up.

Regardless of your EPL club support the bloke would be massive in HAL regardless of who he played for as he achieved much more in his career than Heskey and Ono ever did

Agree the defenders should be avoided like the plague. Strikers/Midfielders only for Marquees

Never rated Frank.
Neither did my dad.... He bailed 'arry up about this a while back.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctWS52IA_JY

joel31
11-01-2014, 07:00 PM
I'd rather say Pirlo than ADP to be honest. Pirlo is a genius

boz-monaut
11-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Griff >>> Pirlo

MFKS
11-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Griff >>> Pirlo

Lets not get carried away Boz.

Pirlo would be flattered just to be compared to someone as good as Griffo

joel31
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Griff >>> Pirlo
Well Griff wasn't on that list was he

lquiquer
11-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Scums in Wellington?

Premy
11-01-2014, 11:44 PM
I said on the Roar the day after Adelaide V Sydney that they should target Pirlo

russjaybee
12-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Pirlo would be amazing and what a talent.

Dreaming if you think we could get the likes of Lampard or Terry imo, prats wouldn't want to come.
Though I think Lampard would be perfectly suited to the league and would dominate it.

MFKS
13-01-2014, 06:33 PM
SO Sydney FC has signed another foreign player. That brings the count to six - if you count naturalised Northern IrishmanTerry McFlynn - which is more than half a team.

I have nothing against Milos Dimitrijevic, the latest Serbian player to enter the A-League. I simply don't know him - and that's the point.

We keep bemoaning the lack of young Australian talent coming through. We have seen the Socceroos fade before our eyes as we stick with the players long past their use-by date. Our national youth teams are struggling and we couldn't qualify for the Olympics.

It poses two questions: Is there a dearth of talent? Or are the new generation simply not getting a go?

Across the nine Australian-based A-League clubs, there are 39 foreign players, many of them journeymen barely known in their own country, let alone outside it.

You can mount a compelling case that they are holding back our own players.

Like Sydney, Adelaide have six foreign players: Cassio, Jeronimo Neumann, Isais, Cirio, Marcelo Carrusca and Fabio Ferreira. So do the Melbourne Heart, with Patrick Gerhardt, Michael Mifsud, Jonatan Germano, Rob Wielart, Orlando Engelaar and Andrea Migliorini.

When most people look at the problems with England's national team, they start and end with the number of foreigners playing in the Premier League.

We are heading down the same path.

While Nikola Petkovic has been Sydney's best player this season and no one could begrudge what Alessandro Del Piero has brought to the league, there's a much bigger issue here.

How much responsibility should A-League clubs take for developing homegrown talent and how much should they be held accountable for the fortunes of our national teams?

What's the point of having a youth league if you keep ignoring it? We are driving young players overseas before they are ready because they can't get a crack here. It's not right.

I'm all for big-name marquee players, who add value to the league. They help develop our players the game. Del Piero and Shinjo Ono have been worth every cent for what they have brought to Australian football.

This is my plan to address an issue in Australian football many people would gladly ignore:

* Import quotas at each A-League club should be reduced from five to three, because once players come and become naturalised they still count as overseas players in football terms and can bloat the figure out to six and seven.

* The injury rule, whereby clubs can fly in overseas players, should be scrapped immediately. It was originally introduced before the youth league. Tell me, what's the point of having youth teams if we don't use them.

* FFA should have a technical panel to assess whether a foreign player offers more to the league than homegrown talent before any contract is registered. There should be stringent criteria - whether they have played internationals, the clubs and leagues they have been in and what impact will they have on Australian talent.

I'm not being xenophobic here. I acknowledge what the right overseas players have brought to the game. I'm looking at the bigger picture of Australian football.

Dimitrijevic might be a star. He could even lead the Sky Blues to silverware. But what does that do for the code as a whole.

It's interesting to note that the best teams in the league over the past few years - Central Coast (four imports), Brisbane Roar (four) and Melbourne Victory (three) - have taken a more domestic view. And it has paid off.

Sure, Besart Berisha and Thomas Broich have been central to the Roar's success, yet they are complemented by the likes of Ivan Franjic, who has emerged as a genuine World Cup contender.

Dimitri Petratos was a young player Sydney FC let go, and he scored a hat-trick for the Roar when the two teams last met. He's a 21-year-old Penrith boy forced to move interstate for a chance, while Ranko Despotovic was signed from Serbia.

If we want Australia to be successful on the world stage, we can't keep throwing roadblocks in front of our young players. You don't know how a player will cope until he's thrown into the furnace.

When you look at our golden generation, Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka, Brett Emerton and the like were given their chance at an early age. They grabbed that opportunity and never looked back.

I have nothing against Ranko Despotovic, Ali Abbas and the rest of the foreign legion at Sydney. I have nothing against the imports spread right across our game.

I just care more about the future of Australian football as a whole.

FOREIGN LEGION BY CLUB

Adelaide 6: Cassio, Jeronimo Neumann, Isais, Cirio, Marcelo Carrusca, Fabio Ferreira

Brisbane 4: Besart Berisha, Liam Miller, Thomas Broich, Henrique

Central Coast 4: John Hutchinson, Marcos Flores, Nick Montgomery, Marcel Seip

Melbourne Heart 6: Patrick Gerhardt, Michael Mifsud, Jonatan Germano, Rob Wielart, Orlando Engelaar, Andrea Migliorini

Melbourne Victory 3: Guilherme Finkler, Adama Traore, Pablo Contreras

Newcastle Jets 3: Emile Heskey, Michael Bridges, Kew Jaliens

Perth Glory 4: Ryo Nagai, Sidnei, William Gallas, Steven McGarry

Sydney FC 6: Alessandro Del Piero, Ali Abbas, Ranko Despotovic, Milos Dimitrijevic, Terry McFlynn, Nikola Petkovic

Wellington Phoenix 6: Manny Muscat, Paul Ifill, Carlos Hernandez, Kenny Cunningham, Albert Riera, Stein Huysegems

Western Sydney 5: Shinji Ono, Youssouf Hersi, Jerome Polenz, Iacopo La Rocco, Mateo Poljak

* Doesn't include New Zealand players

Not often that Robbie Slater makes sense

joel31
13-01-2014, 06:51 PM
I don't agree with decreasing foreign quotas to 3 as it would impede clubs in the ACL possibly a 3+1 rule like the ACL would work well.
Agree with the other points and if the 3rd is implemented foreign quotas should remain the same. I do feel though there are some unknowns that have offered a lot to the league (e.g. Fred) or current players who are doing well might not be allowed like Gui Finkler or Sidnei Sciola

lquiquer
14-01-2014, 04:08 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/lucy-zelic/blog/1178600/An-open-letter-to-Rebecca-Wilson

joel31
14-01-2014, 04:14 PM
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/lucy-zelic/blog/1178600/An-open-letter-to-Rebecca-Wilson
Great letter

q-money
14-01-2014, 04:24 PM
it's over-emotional clap-trap

get over it zelic, wilson doesn't care, and she isn't particularly wrong in that last article she wrote, except about the hillsborough stuff

stop being such an ostrich and get around the fact that your precious RBB is run by blokes who love the biff and they've finally been called up on it

soccer fans and journos in this country are such a bunch of cry babies

Premy
14-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Has anyone seen the Email from Channel 10's Chief of Staff doing the rounds about tonight's game? I'm on my phone at the moment so im not sure if this photo will load.

Grimario
14-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Seriously, pointless letter despite all the fapping football fans will do over it.

Hasn't Lucy ever heard of...

:trolls:

That's all Wilson is.

Grimario
14-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Has anyone seen the Email from Channel 10's Chief of Staff doing the rounds about tonight's game? I'm on my phone at the moment so im not sure if this photo will load.

Please use your phones on the side so they are in landscape, makes for better viewing?

q-money
14-01-2014, 04:33 PM
^

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd6bEeMCEAEW_Zm.jpg:large

for those playing at home

i agree with her on this point: "The last request is that you tip your phone on it's side to film...so any vision is captured in landscape"

nothing pisses me off more when i want to watch blokes knocking each others heads in with metal bars than it being shot in ****ing portrait

Grimario
14-01-2014, 04:44 PM

get over it zelic, wilson doesn't care, and she isn't particularly wrong in that last article she wrote, except about the hillsborough stuff

stop being such an ostrich and get around the fact that your precious RBB is run by blokes who love the biff and they've finally been called up on it

Having read it again, it's a bunch of ridiculous BS. She gives ****ing Zad's Lad's a handjob, ffs. A bunch of ****ing mongs wearing bald caps aren't going to get Rebecca Wilson into the spirit of football. She raves about Heart fans... again, not exactly inspiring.

My2BobsWorth
14-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I like Zads Lads, bunch of blokes havin a larf. Rebecca Wilson isn't very important, so who gives a shit about what she thinks

Thomas477
14-01-2014, 05:02 PM
nothing pisses me off more when i want to watch blokes knocking each others heads in with metal bars than it being shot in ****ing portrait

This.

Grimario
14-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I like Zads Lads, bunch of blokes havin a larf. Rebecca Wilson isn't very important, so who gives a shit about what she thinks

You like Bridges, so your opinion is invalid ;)

My2BobsWorth
14-01-2014, 05:17 PM
You like Bridges, so your opinion is invalid ;)

Seems to be the way on the forum, doesn't it

q-money
14-01-2014, 05:22 PM
is there a bridges only forum somewhere? twitter is probably the closest

Grimario
14-01-2014, 05:24 PM
is there a bridges only forum somewhere? twitter is probably the closest

Anstey Surgical only have a webpage, no forum. That's about the closest I can find to a place dedicated to him.

pv4
14-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Seems to be the way on the forum, doesn't it

I'd love for you to spend a day in the life of a neutral and read through your own posts :rof:

My2BobsWorth
14-01-2014, 05:57 PM
It's like a spark for the anal retentive to fire up

WolfMan
14-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Having read it again, it's a bunch of ridiculous BS. She gives ****ing Zad's Lad's a handjob, ffs. A bunch of ****ing mongs wearing bald caps aren't going to get Rebecca Wilson into the spirit of football. She raves about Heart fans... again, not exactly inspiring.

I think it was more to do with Zelic being inclusive of all 10 clubs and their support. Unbiased to a fault

Premy
14-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Not sure where to put this.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-9385-0-0-0&sID=269940&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=27649163

Malaysian U23 to play in the QNPL.

MFKS
14-01-2014, 11:52 PM

Precisely right. Rebecca Wilson may be a ****ing cow but she is bang on the money about the Wanderers. Other issue is she is a ****ing troll and dumb ****s fall for her shit time and time again. She don't like our sport and loves bagging it. **** her she is missing out whilst she adores a bunch of rapists/beastialty practitioners/woman bashers/druggos and just general **** wits play her favoured game

MFKS
15-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Football Federation Australia's attempts to launch the FFA Cup are being hampered by delays from the state federations in confirming their own qualification paths.

The governing body was hoping to launch the tournament last month but has been forced to wait as the states and territories determine the dates and pre-tournaments they will use as a qualification base for the event proper.

Fairfax Media understands each state and territory needs to supply their qualifying teams by the end of June, with a start to the 32-team tournament proposed for July, at some point after the World Cup final.

The expected format comprises nine Australian A-League teams (leaving out Wellington Phoenix), eight NSW teams, four Victorian teams, four Queensland teams, two Western Australian teams, two northern NSW teams, one South Australian team, a Tasmanian team and a team from the ACT.
Advertisement

The rationale for the allotment has been based on participation numbers, which explains the strong presence from northern NSW, where participation numbers greatly exceed the national average. The finalists of the 2014 Northern NSW State Cup, to be held in Coffs Harbour, will gain entry into the FFA Cup.

The resources of state associations are already being consumed in adjusting to the FFA-mandated National Premier Leagues model, which will be rolled out nationwide this year after Victorian clubs accepted a compromise model last month.

However, it will not be the state leagues that determine qualification for the FFA Cup, with the knockout tournaments in each state and territory the key to a place on the national stage.

The teams coming from NSW will have to qualify via the Waratah Cup, while Victoria's State Knockout Cup will provide their entrants.

The timing of South Australia's Federation Cup has been moved from August to May and Tasmania's event will end in June, as is expected to happen in Western Australia.

Football Queensland – which has no knockout cup – have invented a knockout qualification tournament from scratch, one which will encompass the zones of Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and North Queensland.

The knockout format means teams from the bottom of the football pyramid can hope to take their place against the relative giants from the A-League in the final tournament.

One of the hold-ups is coming from the Australian Capital Territory, where Tuggeranong United believed they had qualified for the event after winning the Federation Cup.

However, as the tournament was not originally sanctioned as the qualifier for the main tournament, Capital Football has decided on another qualification tournament, one held in March and April, before the ACT Premier League kicks off. Tuggeranong – who boasted Socceroos star Tom Rogic on their books just over two years ago – have filed an appeal to Capital Football, claiming they should be the territory's representative.

It is understood that the Federation Cup will serve as the FFA Cup qualifier from 2015 onwards.

The FFA is hoping to finalise the arrangements with all the states and territories in the coming month before making a full launch. They are also in the process of finalising a major sponsor and broadcast agreements.

The final of the tournament from 2016 onwards will be on Australia Day but has been brought forward for the inaugural season to December 2014 to avoid clashing with the Asian Cup.

The first of the two Asian Cup semi-finals at ANZ Stadium has already been scheduled for that day.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/delays-over-qualifying-routes-among-state-bodies-thwarting-the-launch-of-ffa-cup-20140114-30sg7.html#ixzz2qQF3hpw5

Shitful event facing further delays

MFKS
15-01-2014, 12:38 PM
BRETT Emerton has decided to pull the curtain down on one of Australian football's most distinguished careers.

Sydney FC's marquee, troubled by worsening back problems all season, has told the club he intends to retire, it's believed with immediate effect.

Emerton earned the last of his 94 caps for Australia in December 2012 at the East Asian Cup, but has abandoned hopes of completing a century of appearances.

The move is likely to open the way for Sydney to make a concerted effort to land Tom Rogic as their Australian marquee, although Melbourne Victory are believed to be in pole position to land Rogic's signature.

For Emerton, it completes a remarkable career that saw him play at two World Cups and score 20 times for his country, including several vital goals in World Cup qualifiers.

But he has struggled for form and influence in games, thanks in part to Sydney's own struggles on the pitch, and cut a dejected figure when he was substituted during Saturday's derby.

The epilogue of his career in no way reflected the preceding 18 years, after he starred at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney and earned a move to Dutch side Feyenoord.

Playing alongside Shinji Ono and Robin van Persie, Emerton was a central figure in Feyenoord's run to the 2002 UEFA Cup final, though he missed the final through suspension.

In demand from various English clubs, Emerton elected to join Blackburn Rovers in July 2003, eventually making almost 250 appearances for the Premier League side.

Another value for money signing by Smurfs FC

militiamon
15-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Does everyone remember it when I called it way back that he would turn out to be the shittest marquee?

I believe I compared him to Sterjovski at the time, but I think Sterjovski has actually done better if anything.

Grimario
15-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Does everyone remember it when I called it way back that he would turn out to be the shittest marquee?

I believe I compared him to Sterjovski at the time, but I think Sterjovski has actually done better if anything.

Yep. Think you said would be a flop because he had average technical ability and his game was based on being an amazing athlete first and foremost.

belchardo
15-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Yep. Think you said would be a flop because he had average technical ability and his game was based on being an amazing athlete first and foremost.

So emerton was the proto-Hoffman?

militiamon
15-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Oh gee, I didn't actually expect anyway to remember. Grim :wub:

A.J.
15-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Caught the last few seconds of a segment on NBN news tonight, seemed like GVE was talking about James Brown getting booed? Anyone see it/care to elaborate? It isn't on their website that I can find

hawk
15-01-2014, 09:39 PM

that

hawk
15-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Caught the last few seconds of a segment on NBN news tonight, seemed like GVE was talking about James Brown getting booed? Anyone see it/care to elaborate? It isn't on their website that I can find

gve said it was a bit rough. I thought he enjoyed having the boos deflected for a while.

The Dunster
15-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Gary gives Brown the hook about ten seconds after he misses a shot at goal and then has the audacity to criticise the crowd for booing Brown.

Poor form all round really.

Thomas477
15-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Gary gives Brown the hook about ten seconds after he misses a shot at goal and then has the audacity to criticise the crowd for booing Brown.

Poor form all round really.

FFS, Virgilli was about to come on anyway. Would you have liked GvE to wait 10 minutes, potentially costing us the game, just so 'ittle James' feelings weren't hurt? He's a professional football FFS.

WolfMan
15-01-2014, 09:52 PM
FFS, Virgilli was about to come on anyway. Would you have liked GvE to wait 10 minutes, potentially costing us the game, just so 'ittle James' feelings weren't hurt? He's a professional football FFS.

+1

The Dunster
15-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Fair enough if Virgilli was already set to come on. I wasn't at the game anyway. As soon as I saw Brown and Bridges were listed to play I decided to stay at home.

MFKS
16-01-2014, 09:06 AM
GIVE James Brown a break.

That was the message yesterday from Jets coach Gary van Egmond as he pondered using Brown to replace the departed Nathan Burns in tomorrow night’s clash with Melbourne Heart at AAMI Park.
See your ad here

Burns returned to Korean club Incheon United last weekend after his loan deal with Newcastle expired, leaving the Jets short of attacking options in the absence of Australian under-22 representatives Adam Taggart, Josh Brillante and Andrew Hoole, and with new signing Joel Griffiths unlikely to be available for at least a week.

Van Egmond admitted Brown had struggled to put his best foot forward since joining Newcastle from the now-defunct Gold Coast at the start of last season.

Injuries have hindered the attacking midfielder, but his coach said confidence was also an issue and the reception Brown received from Newcastle fans during last week’s 1-all draw with Melbourne Victory did not help his cause.

It was the 23-year-old’s third appearance in the starting line-up this season and he was the first player replaced, in the 51st minute.

‘‘I think what we’ve got to try and do is support him,’’ van Egmond said yesterday.

‘‘It’s a tough one, especially at home, where he doesn’t feel he has real support. You’ve got to demand that, I suppose, with your performances. But he’s a confidence kid ... you don’t want to hear the home crowd booing, or clapping when a player gets taken off.

‘‘That doesn’t derive any support for the kid. I was pretty disappointed with that, to be honest.’’

Van Egmond said Brown, who is yet to score a goal in his 27 games for Newcastle, had ‘‘been through the mill’’ with injuries, which had prevented him from showing his true colours.

Off contract at the end of the season, Brown would appear to be vying with James Virgili and Joey Gibbs, who has been training with a bandaged head this week concealing a 10-stitch gash he suffered in youth league on Sunday, for a starting berth tomorrow.

Van Egmond said skipper Ruben Zadkovich, playing further forward than usual, and 18-year-old Mitchell Oxborrow were the other options.

Veteran Michael Bridges is again likely to be used as a second-half substitute.

‘‘As an impact player, I think he [Bridges] does a real good job,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘When he comes on he gives us a little bit of something different.’’

The Jets have started searching for a replacement for Burns.

Van Egmond said it was unclear if the former Socceroo would be able to negotiate a release from Incheon and he may need ‘‘clean-up ’’ surgery to his knee anyway.

‘‘There’s a couple of boys overseas who we’ve had a look at,’’ he said.

‘‘Locally, there’s not much opportunity. Obviously with the salary cap and what have you, there’s not too much room for movement there. But there are a couple of players overseas which we’re investigating.’’

Griffiths, who linked with the Jets on Monday, has yet to start training with his new teammates and has been working intensively on his conditioning.

The 34-year-old might be available for the derby clash with Central Coast in Gosford on Saturday week.

‘‘He hasn’t done a great deal from the end of November ... he’s a pretty naturally fit bloke, but this week is too much of a rush,’’ van Egmond said.

‘‘The last thing we want is an injury. We won’t be risking him this week.’’

Complete and Utter lies and Bullshit from GVE.

Bridges offers nothing and is loved by some just for being utter shit

pv4
16-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I do agree that he gives us a little bit of something different.

Whether that something different is useful to us or not..

joel31
16-01-2014, 09:29 AM
I do agree that he gives us a little bit of something different.

Whether that something different is useful to us or not..
Agreed
We don't have someone who can always take too many touches and then gift the ball to the opposition

WolfMan
16-01-2014, 12:14 PM
So GVE dishes out a generic response, as you would expect from any manager. And he gets lambasted for it?

What would you like him to say? "Yeh, Bridges is old as shit and I really wish he would fall on his sword, free up some cap room"

Honestly, I can't see GVE being 1st Team Manager beyond this season, but at least he isn't undermining his players this time around.

leftrightout
16-01-2014, 12:16 PM
So GVE dishes out a generic response, as you would expect from any manager. And he gets lambasted for it?

What would you like him to say? "Yeh, Bridges is old as shit and I really wish he would fall on his sword, free up some cap room"

Honestly, I can't see GVE being 1st Team Manager beyond this season, but at least he isn't undermining his players this time around.

How dare you bring up a really good and valid point defending GVE!!!! Someone ban this guy!

My2BobsWorth
16-01-2014, 05:00 PM

I'm not a Browny fan but the shit he copped from the loudmouth fat cvnts at the rear of bay 57,58,59 was absolutely fukn terrible. These dickheads think they're funny too, but nobody else does.

Jeterpool
16-01-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm not a Browny fan but the shit he copped from the loudmouth fat cvnts at the rear of bay 57,58,59 was absolutely fukn terrible. These dickheads think they're funny too, but nobody else does.

I sit in the middle section of bay 58 and I didn't hear anything getting yelled at brown?? Things were being said about him but not yelled at him.

Not disclaiming what you're saying, it's just I didn't hear anything. Thought I wasn't listening for it either.

MFKS
16-01-2014, 09:54 PM
I thought the biggest issue was the sarcastic cheering when he got subbed. Not the occasional remark every time Brown ****ed up.

There were remarks being made but not yelled out so half the stand could hear

sanchez
16-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Play shit, get booed. It's f*cking football. They both need to stop being such softcocks...same applies to everyone on here agreeing with GVE on the topic. Grow a set ffs.

I'd rather be getting booed as a professional footballer than getting praise in my current job.

Brown and GVE need to stop making excuses and focus on sorting their shit out. Stop defending poor performance with ridiculous excuses and start playing well and winning football matches. Then we'll cheer.

You c*nts.

plague
16-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Sanchez on the money again.
Am darn tootin sure blokes love getting cheered when they score a goal.
Gotta cop it if you cock up.
Maybe we should all be quiet for 90 mins as to not inflate/deflate anyone's ego.

FFS why not give them all merit cards after each game "GOOD GAME SOLIDER PAY NO MIND TO THE 8-0 SCORELINE"

GazFish35
16-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Gve does espouse the virtues of ssgames.

sanchez
16-01-2014, 11:11 PM
It's like when they took out the diving feature after Fifa 98. Just bury the ugly truths of the game and pretend its all rainbows and tit-flavoured sherbert.

seldom
17-01-2014, 12:28 AM
Play shit, get booed. It's f*cking football. They both need to stop being such softcocks...same applies to everyone on here agreeing with GVE on the topic. Grow a set ffs.

I'd rather be getting booed as a professional footballer than getting praise in my current job.

Brown and GVE need to stop making excuses and focus on sorting their shit out. Stop defending poor performance with ridiculous excuses and start playing well and winning football matches. Then we'll cheer.

You c*nts.

great post

Grimario
17-01-2014, 09:52 AM
It's like when they took out the diving feature after Fifa 98. Just bury the ugly truths of the game and pretend its all rainbows and tit-flavoured sherbert.

How ****ing good is tit flavoured sherbert??!

The Dunster
17-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Out: GVE
In: Sanchez

Grimario
17-01-2014, 04:40 PM
From Jerks insider

Thomas Moore asks via email: Are we in talks to keep the likes of Goodwin, Heskey, and Jaliens beyond this season?

Robbie Middleby (RM): We’ve already managed to re-sign the bulk of our squad from this season and we’re very pleased about that.

We’re continuing discussions with all of our remaining off-contract players about their futures and our focus is to do what is best for the Club and our Members and supporters.

@Stephen76 asks via Twitter: Any word on Nathan Burns? Is he coming back?

RM: We’ve had a lot of discussions with Nathan and his management and we’ve put a very good offer forward to keep him short-term and long-term at the Club.

Now it’s up to his Korean Club Incheon United to decide where they stand in regards to Nathan and if they want to keep him in Korea for the upcoming K-League season.

@soccer_joel asks via Twitter: What is the situation regarding the coach for next season?

RM: We still have half of the current season left to go and Gary is under contract for the remainder of that period.

We’ll continue to assess what the best thing is for the Club is going forward, but it’s an important decision and not one we’re going to be rushed into.

@BIG_BIG_SHOW asks via Twitter: Is there a minimum nominal figure the Jets will look for when negotiating with overseas clubs for transfer fees?

RM: We assess each player transfer on a case-by-case basis and there are a number of factors to consider.

You need to look at things like who the player is, what Club is looking to buy them, what country the Club is from and how long the player has left on their contract just to name a few.

You have to take all those things into consideration before you make a decision on how much a transfer fee should be worth.

@mkyrwood asks via Twitter: Why do the Jets persist with GVE, and why does he persist with out-of-form players, while Heskey and Bridges are benched?

RM: As I said earlier, Gary is our current coach and has a contract until the end of the season and we’ll continue to assess the coaching situation during this time.

Emile has had a few injury problems, which has limited his impact this season, but he is back to full fitness now and was able to start last weekend’s game. Hopefully we’ll get to see his quality on display during the second half of the season.

We also expect Bridgey to play his part over the coming weeks, especially while we have a few players away on international duty.

Bridgey has made a good impact when he has come on late in games and he’s a great weapon to have on bench because he can create something out of nothing.

Ryan Clark asks via email: How would you evaluate the performance of the team at the halfway point of the season?

RM: I’d say we’ve been inconsistent. I think we’ve had some really, really good wins and have played some good football in patches.

At other times, we’ve been disappointing in games that we’ve been expected to win. We seem to do well against the better teams, and not so well against the teams we’re expected to beat.

If we were able to get that consistency, we’d be a top three or top four team, which is what we expect from this Club and that’s the focus for the rest of the season.

Frank Davies asks via email: What’s your opinion on four of our key players being taken away at a key point in the season to represent Australia at the AFC U-22 Tournament?

RM: It’s always an honour to have players from your Club chosen to represent their country, but the scheduling is obviously not ideal.

To lose players for a tournament that is not a qualifying tournament for the World Cup or the Olympics is very disappointing, but there’s not a lot we could do about it once they were selected.

With the way the Club Participation Agreement was set-up when the A-League started, Clubs have no say when it comes to letting their players go to tournaments like this.

It’s something that I’ve spoken to other Clubs about and it needs to be addressed with the FFA.

@soccer_joel asks via Twitter: How likely will we extend Joel Griffiths' contract?

RM: We had discussions with Joel about that when he first signed with the Club and we’ve got a good understanding of where things lie in the short term and long term.

At the moment, we’re just looking forward to getting Joel back on the pitch and watching him play for the Jets once again.

Nathan Brown asks via email: The youth team seems to be doing quite well this season. How encouraging is that for the Club?

RM: Like last season, the youth team has been doing very well and that’s something that we pride ourselves on.

We’d like to keep promoting the junior talent in our region and it’s something we’ll continue to put a lot of a focus and resources into over the coming years.

There’s a number of local young players who have impressed this season, such as Michael Kantarovski, Nick Cowburn and Kale Bradbury just to name a few, and they’ve all had the opportunity to train with the first team as well.

Our mantra and philosophy is to have a couple of players each season graduate from our youth team into our first team and with our Emerging Jets program in place, hopefully we’ve laid the foundation for that.

plague
17-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Great work from Middleby doing his research and reading the foz. Throws in a bit of Kale love in the hope of avoiding a spray from the Member.

halo se7en
17-01-2014, 05:18 PM
"We had discussions with Joel about that when he first signed with the Club and we’ve got a good understanding of where things lie in the short term and long term."

Why does he even bother with these Q & A's… those sorts of answers just make me want to poke my eyes out. FFS ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION PROPERLY OR JUST SAY 'I DON'T KNOW'

joel31
17-01-2014, 06:15 PM
"Bridgey has made a good impact when he has come on late in games and he’s a great weapon to have on bench because he can create something out of nothing."
what an idiot

q-money
17-01-2014, 06:16 PM
lol joel 31 cockin' the hamma

joel31
17-01-2014, 06:21 PM
lol joel 31 cockin' the hamma
what??

Schultz
17-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Forgetting the fact that GVE yanked Brown off straight after his error.
GVE is giving Brown another chance and he wants us all to go easy on him. So anyone in Melbourne, please remember, no booing or boourns etc.

GVE OUT.

GazFish35
17-01-2014, 06:42 PM
"We had discussions with Joel about that when he first signed with the Club and we’ve got a good understanding of where things lie in the short term and long term."

Why does he even bother with these Q & A's… those sorts of answers just make me want to poke my eyes out. FFS ANSWER THE ****ING QUESTION PROPERLY OR JUST SAY 'I DON'T KNOW'

Agreed.

Nothing but pr spin and cliches.

joel31
17-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Rogic to Victory confirmed
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1178884/Rogic-seals-Victory-loan-switch

hawk
17-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Off-contract at the end of the season, Berisha has already attracted marquee interest from rival clubs Sydney FC and Newcastle Jets, while there is also talk the 28-year-old Albanian international could be headed back to Europe with Italian club Inter Milan rumoured to be circling.http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1178882/Brisbane-s-Berisha-plea-rejected

beeerish

MFKS
18-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Great work from Middleby doing his research and reading the foz. Throws in a bit of Kale love in the hope of avoiding a spray from the Member.

Well he is still gonna get a spraying from me

Just more proof the bloke has no ****ing idea.

Kale has been ****ing poor this season. 3 or 4 out of 10 tops from me

There I ****ing said it.

His progress has stalled under the stewardship of GVE Deans and Zane. Not only that it is actually regressing. If he don't pick his act up he will be in the NBN League very soon

MIDDLEBY OUT
DEANS OUT
GVE OUT

furns
18-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Kale has been ****ing poor this season. 3 or 4 out of 10 tops from me

There I ****ing said it.
Quoted for posterity

Premy
18-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Is ****ing poor better then ***ing poor and worse then *****ing poor

MFKS
18-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Quoted for posterity

Why it ain't like I back track on shit

belchardo
18-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Why it ain't like I back track on shit

unless you're being sarcastic??

WolfMan
18-01-2014, 01:47 PM
^^^

:grin:

WolfMan
18-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Is ****ing poor better then ***ing poor and worse then *****ing poor

All I can derive from that is, he's a star

militiamon
18-01-2014, 11:43 PM
Anyone else find the new FFT website layout to be horrendous?

hawk
19-01-2014, 12:59 AM
SPECULATION has intensified over the future of Jets coach Gary van Egmond and its understood that an announcement could be made as early as Sunday. The Herald has been told that Jets management met with former Sydney FC defender and Fox commentator Mark Rudan three weeks ago.

Singapore-based former Socceroo Darren Stewart, former Adelaide United assistant coach Phil Stubbins, Young Socceros coach Paul Okon and ex-Newcastlle Breakers John Kosmina have also been linked to the position
nh.
kozzy is a hack, wtf stewart

Tommyjet
19-01-2014, 06:08 AM
kozzy is a hack, wtf stewart

Only okon out of those, maybe stubbins at a stretch. I wouldn't mind a play for milicic actually, put a spanner in the works at west Sydney while we at it

Jeterpool
19-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Only okon out of those, maybe stubbins at a stretch. I wouldn't mind a play for milicic actually, put a spanner in the works at west Sydney while we at it

Okon or milicic for me. Rudan a maybe

boz-monaut
19-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Anyone else find the new FFT website layout to be horrendous?

it's like the Windows 8 of football websites now

not only is is shit to look at and navigate around, it's slow to load as well

waiting for 442.1 update to restore the start menu

GazFish35
19-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Didn't Phil stubbins play basketball for the Adelaide 36ers?

joel31
19-01-2014, 08:44 AM
I'd say Paul Okon or a foreign option

militiamon
19-01-2014, 08:57 AM
it's like the Windows 8 of football websites now

not only is is shit to look at and navigate around, it's slow to load as well

waiting for 442.1 update to restore the start menu

haha :grin:

Premy
19-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Ian Holloway

Jeterpool
20-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Jets twitter confirming that GvE has had his contract terminated as head coach by mutual consent.

More to follow, apparently.

joel31
20-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Zane in

hawk
20-01-2014, 09:39 AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/newcastle-jets-parts-ways-with-gary-van-egmond-former-socceroo-clayton-zane-to-replace-him/story-fnk6rkhy-1226805278989

Schultz
20-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Best Monday ever!

Thank you to the Newcastle Jets management. I will re-new my membership now.

MFKS
20-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Best Monday ever!

Thank you to the Newcastle Jets management. I will re-new my membership now.

I was renewing it just coz they brought Griff home

GazFish35
20-01-2014, 10:10 AM
I'll hand mine in if bridges gets a look in for the job

MFKS
20-01-2014, 10:13 AM
If he retires though???

Imagine him as player manager........... FMD:blush:

pv4
20-01-2014, 10:16 AM

:cool:

GazFish35
20-01-2014, 10:18 AM
If he retires though???

Imagine him as player manager........... FMD:blush:

No.
If he loves newy and wants to be involved...... Emerging jets, and media stuff, he would be brilliant.

Jetmaster
20-01-2014, 10:18 AM

I'm reasonably pro Bridges, but you have to be a complete nutjob to think he would get the gig !

russjaybee
20-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Bridges should stick around for sure, just not as Player or Manager.

joel31
20-01-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Zane-excited-to-take-the-reigns/83699
Press conference

WolfMan
20-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Wasn't sure what to expect from Zane, but he is nothing if not eloquent. Hopefully he can spur the squad on to their potential.

I guess we'll see what happens

Tommyjet
20-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Can't wait to see what tweaks are made

MFKS
20-01-2014, 06:45 PM
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastlejets/news-display/Zane-excited-to-take-the-reigns/83699
Press conference
21:50>> Zane thinks Kale is capable of first team action

Loving the Man

joel31
20-01-2014, 06:49 PM
21:50>> Zane thinks Kale is capable of first team action

Loving the Man
I was waiting til u noticed that

De-Champ
20-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Can't wait to see what tweaks are made

Play players in their correct position

joel31
20-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Does that mean some unknown plays right back

Tommyjet
20-01-2014, 08:03 PM
One thing I got from that clip is that bridges must suck a mean c$&k, pv4 get ur notepad ready for those stats cause we gonna start seeing him a whole lot more

GazFish35
20-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Wasn't sure what to expect from Zane, but he is nothing if not eloquent. Hopefully he can spur the squad on to their potential.

I guess we'll see what happens

He made all the right noises.
Didn't burn the old gaffer, but made it clear things need to be different.

Working in the pressure cooker of youth development in England may just have stood him in good step.

leftrightout
21-01-2014, 07:27 AM

Isn't it funny, i remember watching Santo, Sam and Ed earlier in the year and they had Ange on about the Socceroos. They asked what changes he made for the Costa Rica game and his answer was "playing players in the correct positions" It is a funny comment and answer that everyone laughs at but as stupidly simple as it is, my griff it works!

pv4
21-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Have had "confirmed" word that Jets Yoof will be withdrawing from NBN this season, with Maitland from NEWFM to replace them.

Another sign that the club as a whole is in trouble, particularly financially?

This can only be bad for the Yoof team, and future senior team, in general IMO.

De-Champ
21-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Have had "confirmed" word that Jets Yoof will be withdrawing from NBN this season, with Maitland from NEWFM to replace them.

Another sign that the club as a whole is in trouble, particularly financially?

This can only be bad for the Yoof team, and future senior team, in general IMO.
Why? in the past (since the formation of the A League) how many first team players have come up thru' the jets youth team. Galloway?? no one on here likes him. Virgili?? ditto with him. I can't think of anybody else, if there is anybody else can't be too many..

russjaybee
21-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Regan?

lil_masi
21-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Pepper, Kanta, Lundy(remember he's been signed on the senior list next season)

Thomas477
21-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Does Maitland have the capacity to provide all required age groups?

Also, what does that mean for the Emerging Jets?

russjaybee
21-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Maitland have wanted in on NBN for a while haven't they?

sanchez
21-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Should win NewFM then...

joel31
22-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Berisha set for Victory next season

Jetmaster
22-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Yes - just saw tweets by Tara and Fox. Apparently international marquee ??

Bye bye Archie....

More news...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbournevictory/news-display/Besart-Berisha-to-join-Victory-in-201415/83853

halo se7en
22-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes - just saw tweets by Tara and Fox. Apparently international marquee ??

Bye bye Archie....

More news...

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbournevictory/news-display/Besart-Berisha-to-join-Victory-in-201415/83853

How can a player be made marquee when they've already been in the league for a few seasons?? Surely Victory can't claim he's going to bring anything new to them or the league as a whole