02-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Isn't the deadline for signing players gone. Have to wait until June

Bremsstrahlung
02-04-2014, 05:24 PM
:popcorn:

Zico
02-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Isn't the deadline for signing players gone. Have to wait until June
Isnt that just the top 20 players in PPS of the NPL?

De-Champ
03-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Isnt that just the top 20 players in PPS of the NPL?

Don't know...could not be bothered to look it up.

newie4eva
05-04-2014, 09:29 AM
From Cessnock Facebook page for Saturday (today)............

Cessnock City Hornets FC
9 hours ago ·
ROUND 3 CANCELLED

Tomorrows Round 3 games vs West Wallsend at Turner Park has been cancelled due to rainy weather.

Stay tuned for the postponed game dates

Newy
05-04-2014, 09:55 AM

Cessnock City Hornets FC
9 hours ago ·
ROUND 3 CANCELLED

Tomorrows Round 3 games vs West Wallsend at Turner Park has been cancelled due to rainy weather.

Yep... Spoke to the assistant coach of Maitlands Youth side... Apparently looks like maitland Vs Valentine will be called off as well.. They played there last week and apparently cut the ground up a bit...

MFKS
05-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Anyone able to explain to me how anywhere else in the world with climate nowhere near as good as ours ie Europe they can play football the vast majority of the time yet we get a night of rain and no ground can cope??

ForeverRed
05-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Must have poor drainage 😄😄

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Anyone able to explain to me how anywhere else in the world with climate nowhere near as good as ours ie Europe they can play football the vast majority of the time yet we get a night of rain and no ground can cope??

Hybrid grass.
Drainage.
Vast majority have 1 game every 2 weeks and well paid groundskeepers get science involved and prepare the ground professionally. (Tours aren't even able to walk on Anfield pitch)

Here, we have crappy grass, mediocre drainage, we play at least 3 games of senior football on a wet pitch. Some have juniors play on the pitch, I imagine some have juniors sneakily training on the pitch, if not their first team training on it occasionally.

Blacksmiths and Stockton = 2 best wet weather pitches. But try and play there on a sunny day and slide/fall on it, nursing grass/sand burns for weeks.

And what do you expect, we can't even get our premier Asian Cup 3rd place playoff stadium up to a decent standard:lulz:. I bet all the NBN grounds would be in better condition than that minefield. We should at least paint the sand green.

Zico
05-04-2014, 11:23 AM

Cessnock City Hornets FC
9 hours ago ·
ROUND 3 CANCELLED

Cessnock are going to be busy with 2 out of their first 3 games postponed (or as they put it cancelled :wacko: )

sancho_theswan
05-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Went for a "slow waddle" on Blacksmiths Oval this morning. Doesn't even show as though there has been any precipitation at all, even after the downpour last night.
Spoke to 2 officials, games are DEFINATELY ON at Blacksmiths this afternoon.....Yeah!

Johnny
05-04-2014, 11:55 AM
One of the guys from cessnock said this is the 3rd wash out in 17 yrs at home!

MFKS
05-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Hybrid grass.
Drainage.
Vast majority have 1 game every 2 weeks and well paid groundskeepers get science involved and prepare the ground professionally. (Tours aren't even able to walk on Anfield pitch)

Here, we have crappy grass, mediocre drainage, we play at least 3 games of senior football on a wet pitch. Some have juniors play on the pitch, I imagine some have juniors sneakily training on the pitch, if not their first team training on it occasionally.

Blacksmiths and Stockton = 2 best wet weather pitches. But try and play there on a sunny day and slide/fall on it, nursing grass/sand burns for weeks.

And what do you expect, we can't even get our premier Asian Cup 3rd place playoff stadium up to a decent standard:lulz:. I bet all the NBN grounds would be in better condition than that minefield. We should at least paint the sand green.

Wasn't talking about Professional Clubs with million dollar budgets and multi million dollar stadia. If you lived in England for example and were playing in some novice league for nobodies you would still get on after the amount of rain we had on Friday night. Here we have some insane ideas where playing on wet grass is not allowed

Bremsstrahlung
05-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Wasn't talking about Professional Clubs with million dollar budgets and multi million dollar stadia. If you lived in England for example and were playing in some novice league for nobodies you would still get on after the amount of rain we had on Friday night. Here we have some insane ideas where playing on wet grass is not allowed

The latter still stands.
I presume its just the way Australia is.
When the English arrived in Australia they were amazed at the soil here. I presume the earth is different in England. Here, the ground has to adapt to survive in 40 degree heat and the occasional sprinkler for 5 months. TBH, most of the NBN fields stay in pretty good condition. Only when junior play on them in the wet or when they haven't recovered to they get damaged. Junior fields are another story, i don't think i need to detail why they are shit.

Premy
05-04-2014, 01:10 PM
One of my favourite quotes from my Old man(who comes from Blackpool)"If we didn't play when it rained we wouldn't play all season, bloody tossers little bit of water never hurt"

Zico
05-04-2014, 04:37 PM
You may have a small point here but fu@k me you whinge constantly.

MFKS
05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
You may have a small point here but fu@k me you whinge constantly.

So that's what twice in a week you agree with me :lulzturtle:

Zico if you hadn't guessed I am one of those glass is half empty type of people hence the constant whining:sup:

Newy
05-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Belswans 2 Thornton 1

sancho_theswan
06-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Yesterdays results from Blackies Oval.
BelSwans v Thornton
19's 3-3 (draw)…. H/T 2-1 (Thornton)
23's 3-1 (Thornton)… H/T 1-0 (BelSwans)
1st's 2-1 (BelSwans)… H/T 1-0 (Thornton)

sancho_theswan
06-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Belswans 2 Thornton 1

Pretty ugly game (IMO).

zzzzzzzzzz
06-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Maitland Grounds just called out today.

JCBT
06-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Maitland Grounds just called out today.
Must be wet there to call it off with Maitland having their old boys day and playing Valentine, big game to call off.

The Postman
06-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Singo and Toronto also called off, mere minutes before kickoff of the 19s, long drive back home for some Toronto people.

Elude
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Pretty ugly game (IMO).

Thornton played great in the first half. 2nd half they were unlucky with a soft pen and after that Thorntons defense just fell apart and Belmont capitalised scoring a 2nd goal.

Was that Belmonts strongest team Sancho?

Zico
06-04-2014, 09:35 PM
So that's what twice in a week you agree with me :lulzturtle:

Zico if you hadn't guessed I am one of those glass is half empty type of people hence the constant whining:sup:
Is this the end to our conflict? hahaha nah sorry no bromance here, I still think you are a dickhead but not a fu@kwit like I once did. :sparring:

sancho_theswan
07-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Was that Belmonts strongest team Sancho?

Uhmmm pretty much, except for...
Jay Lindsay, Josh O'Brien, Scott Hadfield, Phil Tassiker, Justin Hall, Shane Paul and the Persian bloke (Pullia - I think his name is?).... Yeah!

Newy
09-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Hornets vs Valo tonight!!! should be a good game...

sancho_theswan
09-04-2014, 05:15 PM

Where at and what time????

Johnny
09-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Where at and what time????

Baxter feild 1st at 6:30 & 23s at 8

sancho_theswan
09-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Baxter feild 1st at 6:30 & 23s at 8

Fanks...... Johnny boy!

The axe
09-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Where is Baxter field? Is that valos junior ground?

zzzzzzzzzz
09-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Baxter Field is located off Harlow Street in Marks Point

ForeverRed
09-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Why not Cahill oval

hawk
09-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Why not Cahill oval

cricket doesnt want to give it up to winter scum sports

sancho_theswan
09-04-2014, 09:34 PM

Any scores???????

Premy
09-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Baxter Field is located off Harlow Street in Marks Point
From what I've heard from around the traps Some rich bloke has bought Marks Point Bowling and wants to invest a lot of money into Baxter Field with or without Council/Government funds. I've been told once he has it up to scratch he wants Phoenix out there and the Bowling Club would be the sponsor. Anyone wish to confirm this or elaborate on what the truth is?

newie4eva
09-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Any scores???????

Heard 3-0 to Valentine.

TXK
09-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Thornton 1 - 3 Toronto

Turks
09-04-2014, 11:36 PM
1st - Valentine 3-0
23's - Valentine 6-0

sancho_theswan
11-04-2014, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=Premy;74746]From what I've heard from around the traps Some rich bloke has bought Marks Point Bowling and wants to invest a lot of money into Baxter Field with or without Council/Government funds. I've been told once he has it up to scratch he wants Phoenix out there and the Bowling Club would be the sponsor. Anyone wish to confirm this or elaborate on what the truth is?[/QUOTE

So the migration of the Phoenix continues. ..... getting closer to Blacksmiths hey boys!

sancho_theswan
11-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Any round 4 predictions from you "up homers"!!!

newie4eva
12-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Heard Cessnock and Belswans was 2-2 can anyone confirm ?

The Postman
12-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Valentine V Toronto
19s 1-4
23s 5-1
1sts 2-1

The wind had quite a bit of impact on the game this afternoon with Valentine probably having about 90% possession in the first half with it. Toronto sat back and let them play it around instead of getting buggered chasing them all day. It was clear Valentine were waiting for Toronto to make a mistake which paid off when they scored the first goal. Only 1-0 at half time after controlling the game would have been disappointing for Valentine. Toronto hit back to make it 1-1 and they were pushing very hard for the last 30 minutes. The 2nd goal for Valentine came in last 10 minutes or so, it was a clear penalty, their keeper almost saved it, just slipped underneath him.

Teams who try and play pressure Football against Valentine at Cahill Oval will find themselves in trouble, they are quality passers and will make you run around all day.

NewFM 2014
12-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Just glad to get the three points ... Could easily have been so different today

Any idea anyone of the Maitland score ?

JCBT
12-04-2014, 10:29 PM
1st Grade Mait 8 - 0 Westy
23's Mait 6 - 1 Westy
19's Mait 0 - 1 Westy

newie4eva
13-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Heard Cessnock and Belswans was 2-2 can anyone confirm ?

Anybody knows the scorers in this game ?

outdated
14-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Singleton v Thornton
19s 5-1 singo
23's 3-2 or 2-1 (not sure but singo win)
1sr 2-4 thornton

curious_fan
14-04-2014, 12:44 PM
West Wallsend v Maitland saw a new referee to the area. Apparently from Central Coast has joined Northern's ranks for higher level experience. All things considered I thought she did well, not perfect but no one will be and her first showing at NewFM level also.

Only thought I had was she perhaps should have sent the two players off mid second half for their behavior and not just yellow card them. And hopefully with a bit more experience in the ranks will be more comfortable not allowing players to delay restarts by wanting to talk to her over decisions.

But with the low numbers of officials I think she will be a very welcome addition to the top divisions.

Stevey G
14-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Just a warning to all players and clubs.
Referees have adopted a new system it would seem this year.
Referees can submit "complaints or incidents" that happen on the pitch but have not been dealt with on the pitch (ie no card) and the club (depending on severity) can receive warnings and even fines for persistant bad behaviour.
My issue is if something has happened on the pitch why doesnt the referee take action against this player.
Anyway just a heads up.

JCBT
14-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Just a warning to all players and clubs.
Referees have adopted a new system it would seem this year.
Referees can submit "complaints or incidents" that happen on the pitch but have not been dealt with on the pitch (ie no card) and the club (depending on severity) can receive warnings and even fines for persistant bad behaviour.
My issue is if something has happened on the pitch why doesnt the referee take action against this player.
Anyway just a heads up.
The ref that did the 19's was a disgrace, I heard her talking to the Maitland coach in a disgraceful manner when he simply asked her a question (in a non threatening tone). I'm all for ref's being shown respect from both players and officials but it needs to be noted that they need to show respect in return.

West Wallsend v Maitland saw a new referee to the area. Apparently from Central Coast has joined Northern's ranks for higher level experience. All things considered I thought she did well, not perfect but no one will be and her first showing at NewFM level also.

Only thought I had was she perhaps should have sent the two players off mid second half for their behavior and not just yellow card them. And hopefully with a bit more experience in the ranks will be more comfortable not allowing players to delay restarts by wanting to talk to her over decisions.

But with the low numbers of officials I think she will be a very welcome addition to the top divisions.
2 players sent off? Are you for real? I was at the game and I struggle to recall the instance that warranted 2 players being red carded.

Mitchy
14-04-2014, 03:49 PM
The ref that did the 19's was a disgrace, I heard her talking to the Maitland coach in a disgraceful manner when he simply asked her a question (in a non threatening tone). I'm all for ref's being shown respect from both players and officials but it needs to be noted that they need to show respect in return.

2 players sent off? Are you for real? I was at the game and I struggle to recall the instance that warranted 2 players being red carded.

Agree to this, incident was minor at best and was dealt with pretty good by the ref

And don't even wanna talk about the 19's game

curious_fan
16-04-2014, 12:10 AM
U19 Cesnock v Westy abandoned after westy player taken from field in ambulance.
At time was thought worrying as had no vision, poor recollection of even basic things such as day of weekand parents.
Vision returned while en route to jhh and lucid but still awaiting xray for possible fracture ofeye socket late this evening.
Very well handled by both clubs and teams i thought at time, was obviously serious accident and heard not a single comment out of place anywhere which was great.

Newy
16-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Anyone heard if Maitland vs Valo on tonight?? I know the youth grade was cancelled yesterday. Did they was out 1st Grade too?

Mitchy
16-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Still on at this moment

Cunning stunts
16-04-2014, 05:20 PM
23s at maitland is off
but first grade is defo on at 745 kick off

Newsfeed
16-04-2014, 09:45 PM
1-0 Valo half time. Both had chances.

newie4eva
16-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Heard Cessnock beat Westy 4-1 tonight.

onlooker
16-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Maitland 2 beat Valo 1 good contest' got a bit heated at times a few meaty challenges some went unpunished, a missed pen 3 goals couldn't have asked for much more as a spectator

Newsfeed
16-04-2014, 11:16 PM
2-1 Maitland
Valo keeper to blame for the first, second goal scrappy. Could have been more broken legs than goals tonight.
Pen Maitland got with a few to go i thought both defenders and attacker both got the ball wasnt much in it. Both teams not up to NPL standard tonight.

JCBT
16-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Great game to watch.
Maitland would have to be happy with the large and vocal crowd at the game.
Benny Martin has a penalty curse when going for his hattrick. Its the 2nd time this season he has missed a pen that would have given him a hatty.

outdated
17-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Great game to watch.
Benny Martin has a penalty curse when going for his hattrick. Its the 2nd time this season he has missed a pen that would have given him a hatty.
well done maitland.
pressures on for valo now
beware of thornton next week valo

newie4eva
17-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Click on image for full competition update (including for and against)

TXK
17-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Great game to watch.

Pretty easy fix here, take him off penalties.

As the for the game thought the ref did well, let things go both ways and let the game flow which due to the competitve nature made for really good viewing as a neutral.
Thought Valo maybe edged the play, especially in the first half, their backline was really structured and as team as a whole kept a really good defensive shape. IMO a draw would have been the most accurate result but can't begrudge Maitland for battling and coming from behind to claim what I think will prove a pretty valuable 3 points. Again, as a neutral was a really good game to watch and I think it's pretty clear these two are the pick of the division.

Winner1
17-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Pretty easy fix here, take him off penalties.

As the for the game thought the ref did well, let things go both ways and let the game flow which due to the competitve nature made for really good viewing as a neutral.
Thought Valo maybe edged the play, especially in the first half, their backline was really structured and as team as a whole kept a really good defensive shape. IMO a draw would have been the most accurate result but can't begrudge Maitland for battling and coming from behind to claim what I think will prove a pretty valuable 3 points. Again, as a neutral was a really good game to watch and I think it's pretty clear these two are the pick of the division.

I think what was trying to be said was Benny Martin has trouble getting hattricks. Not that he is shit with penalties.
The ref and linesman were terrible. The ref lost control of the game in the end. Majority of the 50/50 calls went to Valo. Poor effort from the referees again.

pv4
17-04-2014, 11:08 AM
I personally have always had the philosophy that you pick a penalty taker, and he keeps taking every penalty until he misses one. At which point you give the next one to someone else, until he misses one. And pretty much just go down the list.

NewFM 2014
17-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Not a great result last night and thought a draw was about right but fair play to Maitland as I never seen that second half from them coming

could not get out second half and Maitland never let us breath

As for ref , give the guys a break , I thought match was handled very well and a lesser set of officials may have spoilt was was a thrilling encounter.

Benny Martin may have missed a penalty but are you forgetting the other two he did score .

If ever there was a lesson of not taking full advantage of a dominate first half it was last night and valentine paid a heavy price

Still all to play for and long way to go .

onlooker
17-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I think what was trying to be said was Benny Martin has trouble getting hattricks. Not that he is shit with penalties.
The ref and linesman were terrible. The ref lost control of the game in the end. Majority of the 50/50 calls went to Valo. Poor effort from the referees again.
I also think the ref was losing control maitland #6 ( Corey Fletcher I think) was lucky to get away with a robust challenge ( second half in corner near entrance gate in plain view of linesman)that could have possibly seen red. What shocked me most was it didn't even get penalised bare minimum should have been free kick and yellow which would make him think twice about the shirt tug that he was booked for later.

onlooker
17-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I personally have always had the philosophy that you pick a penalty taker, and he keeps taking every penalty until he misses one. At which point you give the next one to someone else, until he misses one. And pretty much just go down the list.

I tend to agree with you on this one. Have a set penalty taker. Even if a bloke is going for a hattricks set penalty taker still takes it. Last night's penalty was strange got the keeper to make an early movement and dive but seemed to follow keepers dive.

Stevey G
17-04-2014, 11:44 AM
I think the centre Ref did a good job and considering the conditions he played good advantage at some stages. did get out of hand at one point but stated before he didnt ruin what was a thrilling game by reaching for his back pocket. The linesmen both had shockers, calling offsides when they werent and vice versa, centre didnt get any favours.
Valo dominated first half clearly and were unlucky not to be 2 goals up at half, but Maitland showed their never lay down attitude and got themselves back into it.
Was a good one to watch from the sidelines, both teams goin hard.

Cunning stunts
17-04-2014, 12:18 PM
a few good points and questionable points made so far.
my veiw the ref was consistant and some challenge we rough but its top two first grade teams going at it. its not goin to be a light hearted game. ref did well on my veiw.

as for valentine dominating first half i dont see how you think that they only really had prob 4 good chances to score all game which one they did score of they maybe had the better in first half but to say dominated is a bit much IMO.
they did have a really good easy chance they should of scored early on in first half were maitlands keeper made a really good save. the first half could have gone eother way i think. second half maitland had the better with a few more chances that could have led to goals well done to ben marting with his double its what a striker is there to do and he does it week in week out. maitland first goal was a keeper mistake but too his defence the wetness of the pitch played a impact in that but first grade keeper should save them. he did make up for that saving a pen and which in my own think it was a pen and lucky that it wasnt clear as to which defender brought him down cause it could have ended a early night for him but the ref did get that right.

but i think the game was a good hard contest and what you expect from the top two fighting it out

TXK
17-04-2014, 12:42 PM

I agree that's the point trying to be made. My point however, is that he isn't crash hot at pens. I honestly can't say that I've seen him score one, I'm sure he has at some point but I have been there to witness him miss a few. The idea that the top striker in a team should step up to take the pens is misguided, the best penalty taker should take them regardless of potential hat-tricks and from the penalties I have seen him take, I'd probably be giving them to someone else in the team.

JCBT
17-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I agree that's the point trying to be made. My point however, is that he isn't crash hot at pens. I honestly can't say that I've seen him score one, I'm sure he has at some point but I have been there to witness him miss a few. The idea that the top striker in a team should step up to take the pens is misguided, the best penalty taker should take them regardless of potential hat-tricks and from the penalties I have seen him take, I'd probably be giving them to someone else in the team.
Beeny Martin did score from the spot last week but has missed 2 spot kicks in the past 3 games.
The ref had a very difficult game to control and constant pressure from the Valo bench. He did a decent job IMO and although his frustration led to cards in the 2nd half he handled it decent.

Socceraust
18-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Belmont Swansea v Singleton 3:1
U23 3:0
U19 3:1

outdated
19-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Belmont Swansea v Singleton 3:1
U23 3:0
U19 3:1

Any 1St grade match report?

sancho_theswan
19-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Fairly dominant display by the BelSwans IMO. However, goalscoring is a bit of an issue. To have the majority of the play and field position in the first half and go in to the break at 0-0 must have been a concern. But a couple of quick goals after the break and then another sealed the win. Good goal by Singo in the dying stages was good reward for their efforts on the day. All three grades winning means a traditional pizza training night on Tuesday I believe.

Football lover
19-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Westy beat Toronto don't no the score
But

newie4eva
19-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Westy beat Toronto don't no the score
But

Westy 2 - Toronto 1

outdated
20-04-2014, 09:55 AM
from Thornton
1st grade redbacks 0-4
23s 1-5
19s reback 1-0 :)

newie4eva
20-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Anyone got a report on the Maitland v Cessnock game ?

onlooker
20-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Maitland 3-0 winners over Cessnock in first. Maitland also won both lower grades ( from memory) 3-2 in 23's. Score evades me for lower grade.
In first Cessnock keeper kept his team in it as long as he could but the constant pressure from maitland in second half finished them off.

Jose
20-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Any truth to the Rumours that Cessnocks First grade coach threatened to "rip out your f#*king throat" to the Maitland 19s coach at the end of first grade? I'm also told he is coaching the 19s as well. Nothing's changed at Cessnock!

JCBT
21-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Any truth to the Rumours that Cessnocks First grade coach threatened to "rip out your f#*king throat" to the Maitland 19s coach at the end of first grade? I'm also told he is coaching the 19s as well. Nothing's changed at Cessnock!
Wouldn't be surprised if Thomo did say this as he is a nutter but he can back up his words with actions. I watched the games today and Cessnock were played off the park in all 3 grades.

When Cessnock realise that football isn't won by kicking the living **** out of teams they may see some results but at the moment their entire game plan in all 3 grades is based on this.

I also noticed some Hornets 1st graders being played in 19's. Fu@k they must be desperate to win a comp if they are doing this shit.

Johnny
21-04-2014, 04:22 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Thomo did say this as he is a nutter but he can back up his words with actions. I watched the games today and Cessnock were played off the park in all 3 grades.

When Cessnock realise that football isn't won by kicking the living **** out of teams they may see some results but at the moment their entire game plan in all 3 grades is based on this.

I also noticed some Hornets 1st graders being played in 19's. Fu@k they must be desperate to win a comp if they are doing this shit.

Apparently they are short in 19s & they are just helping out until they find some more players. That's what I got told.

curious_fan
22-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Similar occurred in first attempt to play the washed out Cessnock V West Wallsend U19's. Second attempt is played tonight.

Stevey G
23-04-2014, 02:05 PM
The rumour is true about Thommo.
It was said over comments to a player in first grade that had played for 19s.
im guessing the comments offended the player enough to go to his coach about it.

JCBT
24-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Maitland v Valentine (23's & 19's catch up games)
23's 2-0 Valentine
19's 7-1 Maitland

Zico
25-04-2014, 09:37 PM
I've been told by many a person that a coach is close to being sacked at a strong NEWFM club? From all acounts (this is coming directly from the horses mouth) he has losts the dressing room.

Time will tell if the rumour is correct.

namwob99
25-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I've been told by many a person that a coach is close to being sacked at a strong NEWFM club? From all acounts (this is coming directly from the horses mouth) he has losts the dressing room.

Maitland?

Imyourhero
25-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Well literally has to either be Maito, Valo or Belswans haha

Zico
25-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Well literally has to either be Maito, Valo or Belswans haha
Yeah thats on the money

EH9
25-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Valentine have 2 coaches, so narrowing down the field.

The axe
25-04-2014, 11:21 PM

Rumor has it
Shooter out the door at bel swans, senior player shane Paul, josh Obrian and Nathan concavez have been unhappy with training last couple of weeks
Can sancho confirm

footyfan12
26-04-2014, 02:00 AM
The rumour is true about Thommo.
It was said over comments to a player in first grade that had played for 19s.
im guessing the comments offended the player enough to go to his coach about it.

There were two players the 19s coach was ridiculing and he was heard by a lot of people.thought it was against coaching rules for them to ridicule,disrespect players maybe should be reported to authorities about his comments to players.

sancho_theswan
26-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Rumor has it
Shooter out the door at bel swans, senior player shane Paul, josh Obrian and Nathan concavez have been unhappy with training last couple of weeks
Can sancho confirm

You could be on the money there Axe. I know that he went missing for a couple of weeks and then turned up last Tuesday at "Pizza Night Training" and preceded to eat a massive amount of the boys hard earned reward. Many players were pissed to say the least. I think that the countdown has begun!

sancho_theswan
26-04-2014, 10:05 PM

Zico… my boy. You certainly are a "Majic Tosser". You come on here and throw more bullshit than a bloke throws coins on Anzac Day!!
Have some intestinal fortitude will ya… are you trying to say in round about (not quiet sure) way that…
Maitland are going to boot their coach.
or
Valentine are going to boot their coach.
or
BelSwans are going to boot their coach.
or
Toronto are going to boot their coach.
or
Cessnockare going to boot their coach.
or
Thornton are going to boot their coach.
or
West Wallsend are going to boot their coach.
or
Singleton are going to boot their coach.
or
who?
or
what?

Stop spluttering and make a statement. Who cares if it's true, nothing you say rarely is!

Zico
27-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Zico… my boy. You certainly are a "Majic Tosser". You come on here and throw more bullshit than a bloke throws coins on Anzac Day!!
Have some intestinal fortitude will ya… are you trying to say in round about (not quiet sure) way that…
Maitland are going to boot their coach.
or
Valentine are going to boot their coach.
or
BelSwans are going to boot their coach.
or
Toronto are going to boot their coach.
or
Cessnockare going to boot their coach.
or
Thornton are going to boot their coach.
or
West Wallsend are going to boot their coach.
or
Singleton are going to boot their coach.
or
who?
or
what?

Stop spluttering and make a statement. Who cares if it's true, nothing you say rarely is!
Well, well, touched a nerve here.
Unlike some on here, I won't name anyone unless I know it's fact. Yes I did hear that there was a player revolt on the cards (from several players) at a NEWFM club but no I won't name names until it happens as I don't want to put these players in a bad situation with their current club and coach.

seldom
27-04-2014, 11:16 PM
So maitland it is ?

Zico
27-04-2014, 11:23 PM
So maitland it is ?
I'm not going to name the club mate. I'm just repeating what was said to me.
This website has been threatened with legal action in the past for naming players and clubs so that added with the reason I mentioned above, I've decided to not to disclose the players or club.
If I've been told, then I'm certain other people have been and it won't be long before it's well known who this is regarding.

NewFM 2014
28-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Or alternatively as sancho says it could be a pile of crock

Do you have a time frame on this expected sacking ?

One would imagine you would with such close intelligence as you appear to have .

Zico
28-04-2014, 02:18 AM
Or alternatively as sancho says it could be a pile of crock

Do you have a time frame on this expected sacking ?

One would imagine you would with such close intelligence as you appear to have .
I'm only posting what I was told.

Stevey G
28-04-2014, 09:54 AM
I guess what will be will be and we'll soon find out whether Zico's sources are reliable or not.
With a few coaching changes across all leagues theres bound to be 1 or 2 who dont quite fit the mould for a club.

Winner1
28-04-2014, 01:34 PM
There were two players the 19s coach was ridiculing and he was heard by a lot of people.thought it was against coaching rules for them to ridicule,disrespect players maybe should be reported to authorities about his comments to players.

The 19s Maitland coach didn't say anything offensive. He just suggested that the 19s should go back to 19s. Nothing wrong with that. If the players and in this case the coach, cannot handle comments as basic and non-offensive as that they should go home. As for your 'report to authorities' comment...toughen up.

Cunning stunts
28-04-2014, 03:28 PM
any thoughts of the games yesterday

Winner1
28-04-2014, 04:16 PM
any thoughts of the games yesterday

Maitland had an ok day.
The 19s were terrible as the score reflected and were very lucky that the referee failed to send off one of their centre backs. Coach was having to give them too much direction for players who have been playing that formation for 6 rounds.
23s was ok, scrappy but became better as the game went a long.
1sts was good. Started slow but found their rhythm. Dominated Belswans. Benny Martin needs to retire from penalties after ANOTHER failure to sink one. Maitland don't seem to have much cohesion up front with Benny Martin and whoever this Roger fellow is. He is dreadful! Misses from close range too many times this season and rarely does anything right. This pairing may cause maitland difficulties in the season.

Cunning stunts
28-04-2014, 05:01 PM
You still have the likes of luke lawless coming back from a serious knee might be the answer for that question

Reds Forever
28-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Maitland had an ok day.
The 19s were terrible as the score reflected and were very lucky that the referee failed to send off one of their centre backs. Coach was having to give them too much direction for players who have been playing that formation for 6 rounds.
1sts was good. Started slow but found their rhythm. Dominated Belswans. Benny Martin needs to retire from penalties after ANOTHER failure to sink one. Maitland don't seem to have much cohesion up front with Benny Martin and whoever this Roger fellow is. He is dreadful! Misses from close range too many times this season and rarely does anything right. This pairing may cause maitland difficulties in the season.

I though Maitland were a lot better yesterday then previous matches I have watched against Valo and Cessnock. Midfield of Maitland really seemed to kick into gear yesterday.

In regards to Roger, he seems to have some skill that would be more suited to playing behind the strikers rather then up front. Saying that, he seems to be still coming to terms with his new club and may kick into gear shortly.

Agree that Maitland need to find a new penalty taker. Woud hate to see it cost them in an important game. It almost did in Valo match. He scores from spot that night and they take 3-1 lead. In end held on but 2-1 was always too close at end.

newie4eva
29-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Toronto mate

Hey Johnny
Do you have any info to report from the Cessnock v Toronto game ?

pv4
29-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Hey Johnny
Do you have any info to report from the Cessnock v Toronto game ?

Isn't Johnny with Cessnock?

Can you give us a report of that game, n4e?

newie4eva
29-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Isn't Johnny with Cessnock?

Can you give us a report of that game, n4e?

No sorry wasn't at the game.

Johnny is a Toronto boy just has a cousin (I think) at Cessnock.

Stevey G
30-04-2014, 10:32 AM
I though Maitland were a lot better yesterday then previous matches I have watched against Valo and Cessnock. Midfield of Maitland really seemed to kick into gear yesterday.

In regards to Roger, he seems to have some skill that would be more suited to playing behind the strikers rather then up front. Saying that, he seems to be still coming to terms with his new club and may kick into gear shortly.

Agree that Maitland need to find a new penalty taker. Woud hate to see it cost them in an important game. It almost did in Valo match. He scores from spot that night and they take 3-1 lead. In end held on but 2-1 was always too close at end.

Im not sure Rodger fits into the Maitland style of play anywhere across the park.
Ive been watching Maitland for a few years now and he just looks out of place in that side. He and Benny Martin dont look like they are working together at all and his team mates cut a frustrated figure when he runs the ball and loses it (which is too often). As a new player bought in with the new manager though it seems like he is one of the favourites so i dont see him being dropped anytime soon for Luke.

JCBT
30-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Maitland had an ok day.

Im not sure Rodger fits into the Maitland style of play anywhere across the park.
Ive been watching Maitland for a few years now and he just looks out of place in that side. He and Benny Martin dont look like they are working together at all and his team mates cut a frustrated figure when he runs the ball and loses it (which is too often). As a new player bought in with the new manager though it seems like he is one of the favourites so i dont see him being dropped anytime soon for Luke.

Ok I'll bite on this one.

What a load of fkn bullshit about Rodger. The bloke is up there with the best in league and has plenty of assists to his credit this season, he score 20+ goals in first grade last season and without a doubt will start finding the net again very soon. The blokes training ethic is incredible and he is a fantastic bloke to have around the club.

I'll go out on a limb and say he will still score 15+ goals this season.

Stevey G
30-04-2014, 12:47 PM

What a load of fkn bullshit about Rodger. The bloke is up there with the best in league and has plenty of assists to his credit this season, he score 20+ goals in first grade last season and without a doubt will start finding the net again very soon. The blokes training ethic is incredible and he is a fantastic bloke to have around the club.

I hope for Maitlands sake he does.
Ive been gunning for Maitland to get promoted for a while and you can see the boys are disappointed at the end of every season when they havent finished 1st.
But i just dont think he is the answer up front for Maitland.

Imyourhero
30-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Is scoring goals really maitland's problem though?

Stevey G
30-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Maitland has always had a main goal scorer but never a 2nd noted goal scorer.
Even before Benny Martin there was Luke Lawless who topped the charts but never a 2nd strike partner as a back up incase either one was to be injured.
To get promotion i believe Maitland need a second striker to complete their squad.

Winner1
30-04-2014, 02:22 PM

As a follower of Maitland for many years now I can quite comfortably say that Rodger will 1. Not score 10 goals, will be pushing for double figures. He looks uncoordinated and uncomfortable. 2. I would easily say he is NOT in the best of the league. He may train well but he certainly doesn't play well. 3. I would start the likes of 23 and 19 boys over him. He has been no asset to 1st grade and I don't see him creating anything apart from losing the ball almost everytime he receives it. The sooner the 1st grade coach sees this and replaces him with someone who can work with the likes of Benny Martin, more successful outcomes will be achieved and Maitland will reach their full potential.

I agree Stevey G, a second striker who plays with Benny Martin and can perform as an individual should BM be away is what Maitland need to be sourcing out asap

Imyourhero
30-04-2014, 02:36 PM
I think a big barrier maitland have struggled with is maintaining form for the entire season. Dropping points to teams way down the ladder and letting good leads slip in important games has cost them in the past.

onlooker
30-04-2014, 02:50 PM
What's everyone's opinion on how maitland would go in the nbn comp if they did win promotion this year.

Winner1
30-04-2014, 03:00 PM
What's everyone's opinion on how maitland would go in the nbn comp if they did win promotion this year.

They would be competitive. No doubt they would pick up a couple of other players but the foundation would be what they have now. It's not a bad thing after watching the likes of Lambton Jaffas buying their entire team last year, being somewhat short on cash this year, due to expenditure last year and not being able to retain the quality they wanted to. After watching the majority of their preseason games and how NPL teams played the strongest side against them at times, Maitland would be sitting around the middle of the NPL tables.

Stevey G
30-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I think a big barrier maitland have struggled with is maintaining form for the entire season. Dropping points to teams way down the ladder and letting good leads slip in important games has cost them in the past.

I think your right, mid season dropped points has always been a problem.
with any luck the boys will over come that this year.

As per usual the promoted team would need to add a few quality players to make sure they maintain.
As to how many are needed its hard to say.

Imyourhero
30-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I don't think they'd make the top 5 within the first year, they definetly wouldn't be getting hammered every week though. I think one of the best things to happen would be the juniors being able to be involved with tougher competition. Maitland has a huge junior base of players however at the end of the day the best young kids have to eventually move away to other clubs if they want to play NPL level, Maitland being promoted would help them retain their best local talent.

curious_fan
30-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Maitland has a huge junior base of players however at the end of the day the best young kids have to eventually move away to other clubs if they want to play NPL level, Maitland being promoted would help them retain their best local talent.

Not having ties to either Maitland or Adamstown myself, that was the biggest reason I had hoped Maitland would gain promotion last season. The entire area is crying for an increased youth level and inner Newcastle simply did not need yet another team in the NBN league.

Maitland in NBN now, as is, I think prob bottom 4 but not bottom 2. With the opportunity to retain and recruit, that would be an interesting question depending on who out of current squad wanted to commit to that level and who they could entice to come across. First season in NBN competitive without nearing semi finals... second season in I think mid table would be a reasonable expectation.

The axe
30-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm only new to this forum business so crucify if you must but I believe this is a place for opinions and this is only my opinion and experience.

I've spent a lot of time watching football and I've been lucky enough to see games of both Maitland and Adamstown in recent years, seen how they've carried themselves and IN MY OPINION Maitland made the wrong choice in coach this season.

Watching that bloke blow his stack last year in the 23s for Adamstown particularly in the semi final they lost at West Wallsend suggests he isn't a professional and overhearing half time talks suggests he can't manage players at times either. Even the way he presented in this seasons game v West Wallsend in the players warm up gear suggests he doesn't really get the club and their culture because all the other coaches on the day and in years past have been immaculately presented, it seems he's there for him and that's not what you want as a head coach.
As for the striker at Maitland watching him last year for Adamstown I thought the lad was very good, but it sounds like he hasn't found his feet at the new club and maybe because the man who bought him to the club is struggling as well?

It's a rebuilding year for West Wallsend and there's been some hard times but I think myself lucky we haven't made a disastrous choice in coach.

They didn't lose the 23s semi at wallsends it was a nil all draw with Belmont.

The General
01-05-2014, 11:09 AM

They seem to be going OK at the moment. Don't really see what all the fuss is about. It would be different if they had lost 3 or 4 games. Time will tell though.

Imyourhero
01-05-2014, 11:20 AM
They seem to be going OK at the moment. Don't really see what all the fuss is about. It would be different if they had lost 3 or 4 games. Time will tell though.

Absolutely, my point was that they often go the first round undefeated. They did it last year from memory then dropped easy points against teams like thornton and gave up leads to lose games in a crucial matches against Atown etc. That's football though and why we all love it. I hope they can go undefeated all season to send a message.

Winner1
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM

What everyone is 'fussing about' is that no one wants to see a quality team like Maitland not get promoted and that there are weak links (coach, striker etc) that will cause points to be dropped and cause a repeat of too many times in previous years. Once they are resolved, Maitland will not be under so much pressure.

The General
01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
What everyone is 'fussing about' is that no one wants to see a quality team like Maitland not get promoted and that there are weak links (coach, striker etc) that will cause points to be dropped and cause a repeat of too many times in previous years. Once they are resolved, Maitland will not be under so much pressure.

What is wrong with their coach? He hasn't lost a game there yet! Are the players unhappy? I think Roger is a decent player and will eventually find his feet. I still think Valentine are a quality side. Cant see why Maitland deserve to be in the NPL more than them. Maitland are a good club no doubt. If they deserve to be there, they will win it this year.

Stevey G
01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
If they can keep from dropping points midseason they will be in the 2nd division for a while longer i will agree.

onlooker
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Now a question about the other end of the table. Surely if Singleton are not competitive again this year and finish last they should be relegated. I do understand there is a criteria to meet for ZPL teams. And it's two different association but surely something can be done as a more overall competitive comp is far more important then meeting all the criteria in the first year in comp. I would believe some ZPL teams have excellent grounds already.

Imyourhero
01-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Surely one of the top ZPL clubs has as good as facilities as the likes of singo?

onlooker
01-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I would think so I'm not to familiar with all the ZPL home grounds tho. And I believe one of the top ZPL teams would have no problem competing in this comp.

curious_fan
01-05-2014, 04:22 PM
I would think so I'm not to familiar with all the ZPL home grounds tho. And I believe one of the top ZPL teams would have no problem competing in this comp.

If you look at the clubs in ZPL and their grounds:

Barnsley - not a fenced ground.
Cooks Hill - may have a fence but well, I think everyone who has seen Newcastle Athletics would agree current clubs do not want to be dropping down field standards that far.
New Lambton - again, not a fenced ground.
University - not a fenced ground.
Dudley - I don't believe its fenced (but it has been many years since I was there)
Swansea - not a fenced ground
Wallsend - surface aside because I havent seen it this season, Northern informed them when they were dropped from NewFM one issue was they play on a private owned surface with no long term lease.
Mayfield - possibly come closest but then begin to fall over on seating/covered seating quickly
Kahibah - same as Barnsley and Swansea
Cardiff - might actually come closest to qualifying at present.

And I used the fenced in grounds because it is one of the most basic criteria for NewFM currently not to try and simply rule clubs out.

And thats before the other facilities issues are addressed. Uni does not have public toilets for example, Swansea due to layout would need to fence entire Oval area and has little seating and no covered seating. Barnsley is in a similar position to Swansea due to its layout, Cooks Hill is simply sub standard as a playing surface and while the demountables are an improvement is there a definite long term plan with NCC for the permanent improvements considering their financial issues.

I would love to see NewFM return to ten teams, now how you do that (reduce NBN or increase NewFM is an argument for the current clubs to have with Northern at season end) but with facilities as they are it is hard to promote clubs.

What I would dearly love to see if those ZPL clubs with their Associations coming up with 3-5 years plans to get closer to whatever NewFm standards are to be.

An expanded NewFm with say a Cooks Hill and Uni, is about as good a geographic cover as anyone could hope for (or if father xmas is very generous a promoted Maitland and a demoted Adamstown).

Upper Hunter guys then have Singo, Cessnock to choose from. Lower Hunter would still have Cessnock and Thornton. Western Lake Mac has Toronto and Westy, Eastern side Belmont and Valo and slot in two city/suburban based sides and players have a choice of clubs without needing to travel too far.

And after that miracle has been performed everyone will be invited to see Northerns Board walk on water at Nobbys

Imyourhero
01-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Here's a question then, with standards not really that far out of reach if funding was able to be found, would these clubs even WANT to be promoted?

gk1985
01-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Uni does not have public toilets for example

We have male, female and disabled public toilets mate. Unfortunately we don't meet a few other criteria.

curious_fan
01-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Here's a question then, with standards not really that far out of reach if funding was able to be found, would these clubs even WANT to be promoted?

Wallsend - yes, lol there is still quite a bit of animosity with some at the club that they were ever dropped.

Uni - speaking with a few of their committee about just this topic pre season they are pretty much resigned that they will never be promoted because of the facilities. They have approached the Uni many times but never any success on improvements. So at this stage I would say no.

Wallsend and Uni are in a tougher situation that they are so little chances for improvements, being privately owned they do not qualify for any government grants to assist and the Greyhound track themselves are somewhat hindered in that any government tied capital exp has to be directed to improving the facilities for greyhound racing not other uses.

Cooks Hill & New Lambton I think would be two of the keenest. And Barnsley and Swansea probably the two at the other extreme end of the scale with little interest because of the proximity to clubs already there and the immense changes required for each of them.

Mayfield & Dudley dont forget were there in previous times when it was called 2nd Division, I don't know what position they are in but I am sure if it was ground ready they would consider it.

The others wouldnt even guess at.

Mitchy
01-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Really wish facilities and all that didn't matter, just need teams to compete across 3 grades regularly!!

fresh
01-05-2014, 06:11 PM

some wouldn't want to. Just to have stupid age restrictions and to play in a sub standard comp?

Some of these clubs have the same players year in and year out because there is no age restrictions crap therefore good loyal players aren't getting cut because of age .Therefore there is a nice club atmosphere with good 'club men ' present.

Zpl is a closely fought out comp with all teams in with a chance. They would the leave all the bottom Newfm teams for dead. Nbn is a clear first division. But people won't be calling Newfm 2nd division football for much longer. It's a joke.

Scrap The criteria crap seriously. All that needs to be up to standard is the football pitch. Who gives a shit about anything else! fences? who cares. seating? take a blanket sit on the ground ffs! dressing shed standards? who cares! Not a bunch of princesses.

Promotion and religation from zl3 up to nbn. Year in year out. Scrap the age crap. And you could go out and watch Nbn and actually watch 3 grades of the best players in Newcastle play. Wouldn't that be nice! Kids earn your nbn/ newfm spots! And if your a 35 year old good enough to be knocking around in Nbn reserve grade good on ya! If a 18 year old 'rising star' cant take your spot he's going to be nothing anyway.

Leftback at Home
01-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Good call fresh

onlooker
01-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Fresh if you want to run for the top job in local football you have my vote. Agree with everything you have just said.

frankiechav
01-05-2014, 11:35 PM
A great post Fresh, I agree totally. The age thing was the worst thing that happened in the New FM league. I understand the need for youth development but I don't think there needs to be restriction. You will find that the best players in the 23's squads are over 23 and from experience teams have had to drop overage players because of the restrictions. Promotion and relegation should happen in all leagues every year no matter what the standards of the facilities. It's great to play on quality pitches and sit in a huge dressing room but at the end of the day you have to be the most consistent team and beat everyone to win the comp? Relegation is terrible and promotion is wonderful and every team should have the opportunity to experience it.

fresh
02-05-2014, 03:31 AM
Fresh if you want to run for the top job in local football you have my vote. Agree with everything you have just said.

Haha I'd take it mate would love the job! Im sure the spelling/ grammer police of this forum would have something to say about that !

I'm not even soccer (football) mad . Never been my favorite sport or anything.

I just cant believe how much of a joke everything is and how simple things really need to be. Instead they over complicate it all with shit grounds criteria, shit age restrictions, shit point systems and we end up with Newcastle football. Where the best teams are not in the best comps because they may not own a fence or have a dressing shed 1 metre to small etc etc.
And the best players aren't all in the best leagues because once your ****ing older than 22/23 in this town your considered 'over the hill' and you should **** off to your retirement home and out of top level football.

An up and coming Nbn player of say 18 years of age, Is going to learn more in a 'real nbn reserve grade' copiled of the best players that cant quite make firsts( or dropped from firsts due to getting older) from all around Newcastle . Rather then being in with a bunch of 22 year olds without the football knowledge some of those older blokes would possess. Not to mention the younger blokes actually good enough to make the cut without being given the spot just because there young would be playing against more manly frames which is better for the transition, After all isn't this all about trying to develop youths into professionals? Cant still be babying them against other youngens at 22!

And when kids ( wont name names) do everything they can in the junior jets system and still cant get a look into the main team.with the jets opting for overseas has bins and people that can't get a run on start in there own country. What chance do these kids taking up age restricted places in Newfm really have of getting anywere? Considering there's already at least 100 kids just in there age group just in Newcastle ahead of them! Almost slim to none!

there's my drunk 2.43 am rant. Goodnight people!

curious_fan
02-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Scrap The criteria crap seriously. All that needs to be up to standard is the football pitch. Who gives a shit about anything else! fences? who cares. seating? take a blanket sit on the ground ffs! dressing shed standards? who cares! Not a bunch of princesses.

Promotion and religation from zl3 up to nbn. Year in year out. Scrap the age crap. And you could go out and watch Nbn and actually watch 3 grades of the best players in Newcastle play. Wouldn't that be nice! Kids earn your nbn/ newfm spots! And if your a 35 year old good enough to be knocking around in Nbn reserve grade good on ya! If a 18 year old 'rising star' cant take your spot he's going to be nothing anyway.

For those of us old enough to remember thats what we used to have in the days when Northern looked after 1st Div to 5th Div and competitions like All Age and 035 didn't exist.

And I don't think many would argue things have improved since those days, on and off the field. If there is not criteria to progress then clubs won't work for improved facilities, better administration etc.

On of the better examples I remember happened to West Wallsend..... regulated because their amenities at the time were not good enough for what we call NBN. That was the reason.

Now that got the club motivated, they improved via grants and LMCC etc and have a decent club house nowdays and won promotion again. But they had had decades to do that work prior but never did until the criteria forced it upon them. Ask the poor guys in ZL3 who have to travel to play RAAF with no dressing sheds, no amenities, no canteen, or the Uni boys in ZPL who have to fully empty the dressing sheds after changing because the dressing sheds double as the public toilets if things are all about the playing surface.

The criteria should never be (and isn't) the be all and end all but it is important in improving our clubs and our competitions. What gets forgotten is that participating clubs agreed to the age brackets in the competitions.

gk1985
02-05-2014, 11:43 AM
the Uni boys in ZPL who have to fully empty the dressing sheds after changing because the dressing sheds double as the public toilets if things are all about the playing surface.

That is the second time you've has said we don't have toilets at the uni........Next time you are at the ground mate have a look. we have male, female and disabled toilets. These toilets are separate to the change sheds....

pv4
02-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Just for those people interested in Maitlands slipups here&there..

Just saw on facebook a few Maitland boys (inc one of the "high profile" names mentioned on this forum) say they were going to Splendour in the Grass festival in July - the same weekend as their game vs Valentine.

Thought that would interest a few of you.

Bremsstrahlung
02-05-2014, 11:50 AM
For those of us old enough to remember thats what we used to have in the days when Northern looked after 1st Div to 5th Div and competitions like All Age and 035 didn't exist.

And I don't think many would argue things have improved since those days, on and off the field. If there is not criteria to progress then clubs won't work for improved facilities, better administration etc.

On of the better examples I remember happened to West Wallsend..... regulated because their amenities at the time were not good enough for what we call NBN. That was the reason.

Now that got the club motivated, they improved via grants and LMCC etc and have a decent club house nowdays and won promotion again. But they had had decades to do that work prior but never did until the criteria forced it upon them. Ask the poor guys in ZL3 who have to travel to play RAAF with no dressing sheds, no amenities, no canteen, or the Uni boys in ZPL who have to fully empty the dressing sheds after changing because the dressing sheds double as the public toilets if things are all about the playing surface.

The criteria should never be (and isn't) the be all and end all but it is important in improving our clubs and our competitions. What gets forgotten is that participating clubs agreed to the age brackets in the competitions.

Agree.

I agree with the suggestions of a "reserves" style team included in the comp. But essentially thats what the U/22s is now (with their overage player allowances).
The problem now is that clubs are restricted in the Clubmen they are able to retain. The players I speak of are those that are physically not really capable of competing well in First Grade, but have more football brains than half of them. There's a lot to be said for youth players, playing with those more experienced heads. As far as NBN goes, maybe a reshuffling of fixtures. (imo, there are already too many "comps" and club committees and volunteers are being made work very hard now, usually having to commit to 2 full days of football).

Wouldn't mind seeing 16s, 20s and First grade one day, and 14s, 19s and Reserves another day. 19s can play their game and if needed get some "senior" experience playing in reserves if needed. Sure, the point of "if you're good enough, you'll make it regardless" still stands, but we are looking to develop the players.

I think the ages are needed in NBN/NPL, to be on par with other National competitions/International tournaments. As a result a general direction of these ages, should be passed down the line, obviously getting more flexible the lower the division. This is needed for promotion/relegation purposes.

As an additional point, I think that quite a few players playing first team in lower divisions could make it in the NPL, but other commitments like work or family get in the way. Not everyone can afford the time to train 2-3 times a week and dedicate half your weekend to football.

Bremsstrahlung
02-05-2014, 11:51 AM

Just saw on facebook a few Maitland boys (inc one of the "high profile" names mentioned on this forum) say they were going to Splendour in the Grass festival in July - the same weekend as their game vs Valentine.

Heavy rain predicted that week. Probably an early washout.

outdated
03-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Maitland boys love their festivals.

Imyourhero
03-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Who gives a f**** about a festival thats on every year when you could play in, and win, a football match that could put your team, your club, and particularly Maitland who have been working hard for years, particularly the committee etc, to get promoted in the box seat to clinch it. It's memories like those type of football matches that you remember the rest of your life, not a music festival where you hardly like the bands and are just looking for an excuse to get hammered. We've all talked about what it is about maitland that has seen them fall short countless times, maybe we've found it?

Winner1
03-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Who gives a f**** about a festival thats on every year when you could play in, and win, a football match that could put your team, your club, and particularly Maitland who have been working hard for years, particularly the committee etc, to get promoted in the box seat to clinch it. It's memories like those type of football matches that you remember the rest of your life, not a music festival where you hardly like the bands and are just looking for an excuse to get hammered. We've all talked about what it is about maitland that has seen them fall short countless times, maybe we've found it?

It's 19's and the occasional 23 that attend the festival not the 1st graders so you have discovered that this is not the cause of 1st grad dropping points mid season. The ones that do attend don't sit on 1st grade bench so you can't blame a festival. Every team has a flat moment in a season and Maitland just seem to drop points at the worst time possible.

hawk
03-05-2014, 11:33 AM
some wouldn't want to. Just to have stupid age restrictions and to play in a sub standard comp?

Some of these clubs have the same players year in and year out because there is no age restrictions crap therefore good loyal players aren't getting cut because of age .Therefore there is a nice club atmosphere with good 'club men ' present.

Zpl is a closely fought out comp with all teams in with a chance. They would the leave all the bottom Newfm teams for dead. Nbn is a clear first division. But people won't be calling Newfm 2nd division football for much longer. It's a joke.

My thoughts as well. I think there should be decent dressing sheds at senior grounds but not at the expense of club being prevented from promotion

I never watch newfm cause the cost to enter is stupid. zpl offers a similar standard.

Hats off to the volunteers who do spend a lot of time helping their clubs. Do Newfm clubs get players to volunteer their time as well?

Stevey G
03-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I have seen many a player for Maitland volunteer their time at working bees and before the start of play on either a Saturday or Sunday getting the sheds prepared and ground setup.
I assume this would be similar at all other clubs.
And i agree hats off to the volunteers, football wouldnt run without their many hrs.

curious_fan
03-05-2014, 08:32 PM
My thoughts as well. I think there should be decent dressing sheds at senior grounds but not at the expense of club being prevented from promotion

I never watch newfm cause the cost to enter is stupid. zpl offers a similar standard.

Hats off to the volunteers who do spend a lot of time helping their clubs. Do Newfm clubs get players to volunteer their time as well?

NEWFM also has costs ZPL doesnt, and Westy wouldnt be surviving without help from its current players. Game day and other roles.

curious_fan
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
2 all draw singleton v westy first grade. Cold day but open game could have swung either way multiple times

newi24-2-08
03-05-2014, 10:58 PM

You're kidding right? They are blokes that play the sport for fun with their mates. Yes it is In the same weekend as a huge match for the club but I'm sure the committee and coaches wouldn't of allowed these boys the chance to buy tickets if they didn't feel that the squad players were not up to the task of getting the job done.

It's 1 weekend of the season they get off. Ffs give them a break

outdated
04-05-2014, 09:30 AM
You're kidding right? They are blokes that play the sport for fun with their mates. Yes it is In the same weekend as a huge match for the club but I'm sure the committee and coaches wouldn't of allowed these boys the chance to buy tickets if they didn't feel that the squad players were not up to the task of getting the job done.

It's 1 weekend of the season they get off. Ffs give them a break
So if the coaches, managers and committee went to the concert that would be fine? It's 1 weekend of the season they get off?

The Dunster
04-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Play football or attended a concert where hundreds of chicks are looking to ride a cock or two. Yup, difficult choice.

newie4eva
04-05-2014, 03:06 PM
If anyone could post updates from today's games that would be awesome.

Imyourhero
04-05-2014, 06:22 PM
ive heard maito vs toronto:
1sts 7-1 maito
23s 7-1 maito
19s 6-1? maito
Anyone with report on goalscorers etc in 1sts?

two touch
04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Thornton v Cessnock
1sts - 3-0 Thornton
23's - 4-3 Thornton
19's - 5-2 Thornton
A good day for the Redbacks.

sancho_theswan
04-05-2014, 08:28 PM
BelSwans v Phoenix
1sts - 0-4 Phoenix
23's - 1-2 Phoenix
19's - 1-2 Phoenix
Good day for Phoenix.

As for you spastics getting on here inferring that the reasons Maitland doesn't earn promotion or drops points is due to festivals…....just piss off. All clubs lose players thoughout the year for various reasons. It's how you perform without those players that is a reflection upon your club and the strength of your club. For someone to raise the issue that the committee/coaches will determine if players miss games through extra-curricular activities is plain bullshit. These guys aren't professional, therefore have the "freedom" to do as want…….. or at least should have!

My take on the "Roger furore" that has consumed posts earlier this week…..
He appears to be a quality player… what's the problem? Although I didn't see the game against BelSwans last week, I was informed that he set up the 2 second half goals for that "prick" Juddy! What more do you guys want???? Is it that some people (maybe Maitland supporters) can't get past that "BOMB" that Roger scored against Maitland at Adamstown last year in that washed out game that ultimately sank their promotion aspirations for 2013??? FFS get over it! Maybe you are just 12 months behind your club management goals?????

Beast
04-05-2014, 08:38 PM
ouch

frankiechav
04-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Good old Sancho

Winner1
05-05-2014, 11:57 AM
BelSwans v Phoenix
1sts - 0-4 Phoenix
23's - 1-2 Phoenix
19's - 1-2 Phoenix
Good day for Phoenix.

As for you spastics getting on here inferring that the reasons Maitland doesn't earn promotion or drops points is due to festivals…....just piss off. All clubs lose players thoughout the year for various reasons. It's how you perform without those players that is a reflection upon your club and the strength of your club. For someone to raise the issue that the committee/coaches will determine if players miss games through extra-curricular activities is plain bullshit. These guys aren't professional, therefore have the "freedom" to do as want…….. or at least should have!

My take on the "Roger furore" that has consumed posts earlier this week…..
He appears to be a quality player… what's the problem? Although I didn't see the game against BelSwans last week, I was informed that he set up the 2 second half goals for that "prick" Juddy! What more do you guys want???? Is it that some people (maybe Maitland supporters) can't get past that "BOMB" that Roger scored against Maitland at Adamstown last year in that washed out game that ultimately sank their promotion aspirations for 2013??? FFS get over it! Maybe you are just 12 months behind your club management goals?????

He may be a quality player but has not clicked with the Maitland players. I can easily inform you that in no way did he or has set up a goal this season. Juddy created them on his own and mate you have rocks in your head if you think Juddy is a prick! He is the most level headed and respected player in the club. Yes Rodger's goal was a bomb, no one is denying that but he is playing like an under 6 year old at the moment and people are not happy. He could not even finish a goal on the goal line yesterday! As for club management goals, supporters and players are on track with it all but are slowly being disappointed by new personnel.

the_butcher
05-05-2014, 05:57 PM
ive heard maito vs toronto:
1sts 7-1 maito
23s 7-1 maito
19s 6-1? maito
Anyone with report on goalscorers etc in 1sts?

Carn the Pies! Sounds like a goalfest.

I'm really not surprised Trono conceded 7 in firsts, it's like their centreback is running on a treadmill all game. He is surely the slowest bloke in world football. He has to constantly be wiping the moss off his legs. Han Solo moved quicker when he was frozen in carbon.

Imyourhero
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
How many did Ben Martin score this week?

Bon
05-05-2014, 08:03 PM
He is surely the slowest bloke in world football. He has to constantly be wiping the moss off his legs. Han Solo moved quicker when he was frozen in carbon.

:lulzturtle::lulzturtle::lulzturtle:

Premy
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
The Butcher never seen you play Bon

onlooker
05-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I can easily inform you that in no way did he or has set up a goal this season.
I.believe he set up Ben Martin's second goal against Valo in the night game at Maitland.
After his initial shot was saved he then had the calmness and presence of mind to square the ball to Ben for a simple tap in instead of trying to force a shot between two defenders rushing him.

sancho_theswan
06-05-2014, 10:33 AM
He may be a quality player but has not clicked with the Maitland players. I can easily inform you that in no way did he or has set up a goal this season. Juddy created them on his own and mate you have rocks in your head if you think Juddy is a prick! He is the most level headed and respected player in the club. Yes Rodger's goal was a bomb, no one is denying that but he is playing like an under 6 year old at the moment and people are not happy. He could not even finish a goal on the goal line yesterday! As for club management goals, supporters and players are on track with it all but are slowly being disappointed by new personnel.

Hmmm I'm not sure how you can "easily inform me"????
Listen "Winner1"....We reckon that Juddy bloke is a "prick" because he's always scoring goals against the mighty BelSwans, but I guess I'll have to take you point that he is a "level headed and respected player in your club".
However, if he is now creating the goals on his own, ie taking a throw in, receiving the throw, turning a player, passing the ball to himself, controlling the pass and hitting a scorcher of a shot to score a goal, then he is no "prick".... I'm elevating him to "SUPER PRICK" status. I'm sure he'll be happy with your wrap!

sancho_theswan
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
I.believe he set up Ben Martin's second goal against Valo in the night game at Maitland.
After his initial shot was saved he then had the calmness and presence of mind to square the ball to Ben for a simple tap in instead of trying to force a shot between two defenders rushing him.

;)

Bon
06-05-2014, 10:38 AM
The Butcher never seen you play Bon

Yeah I was going to say, its been a while since I was at Tronno.. hahaha

Winner1
06-05-2014, 10:40 AM
;)

Even so, one claim to a pass is nothing to brag about when barely any of his shots are on target, misses open goals or one on ones and he hasn't given a decent performance all season. I've said my piece and the quicker a replacement is found, the better for everyone's sake.

Sacchi
06-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Even so, one claim to a pass is nothing to brag about when barely any of his shots are on target, misses open goals or one on ones and he hasn't given a decent performance all season. I've said my piece and the quicker a replacement is found, the better for everyone's sake.

Are you involved at the club? From the outside looking in your comments seem surprising, some would even say destabilising, given the side sit top of the table with maximum points having scored 30 and conceded just three.

Again, from the outside looking in, that doesn't seem to be a club that is having problems. What's your agenda here?

Winner1
06-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Are you involved at the club? From the outside looking in your comments seem surprising, some would even say destabilising, given the side sit top of the table with maximum points having scored 30 and conceded just three.

Again, from the outside looking in, that doesn't seem to be a club that is having problems. What's your agenda here?

No agenda, just opinion mate. All entitled to one regardless of where we stand. It's what forums are for: opinions, discussions, results, ripping on others and everything else to do with football.

Sacchi
06-05-2014, 01:38 PM
No agenda, just opinion mate. All entitled to one regardless of where we stand. It's what forums are for: opinions, discussions, results, ripping on others and everything else to do with football.

As for club management goals, supporters and players are on track with it all but are slowly being disappointed by new personnel.

That isn't opinion. You're stating, as a fact, that the club - including the playing staff - are dissatisfied by the coaching.

Are you involved with the club?

Cunning stunts
06-05-2014, 03:26 PM
this is getting interesting and intense :yay:

Winner1
06-05-2014, 03:42 PM
That isn't opinion. You're stating, as a fact, that the club - including the playing staff - are dissatisfied by the coaching.

Are you involved with the club?

I haven't specifically mentioned coaching...

Cunning stunts
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
didnt rog score a double on the weekend?

curious_fan
08-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Rescheduled games last night West Wallsend v Thornton

1st Grade 3-2 to West Wallsend 23's 1-1 draw

West Wallsend U23's were unlucky not to take all 3 with Thornton scoring a very late goal and Westy missed a few chances but looked the stronger side all game.

First Grade West Wallsend came out in first half are controlled game, were up 3-1 a one stage and looking like it could have been more. Second half came out but perhaps fell into worrying about scoreline too much instead of playing the football they did in first half. Made for tense final ten minutes. Result certainly makes 4th spot an open competition at this stage.

Refereeing was poor, and that's a purely personal opinion, in both grades. I'm all for the respect policy Northern are trying to enforce but it has to work both ways. Players not carded for placing their hands on another players neck yet carded for daring to make a comment that didn't contain a single swear word to a linesman...... come on.

onlooker
08-05-2014, 12:04 PM
. Result certainly makes 4th spot an open competition at this stage.

Isn't it sad our supposed 2nd tier comp and coming up to round 8 of 21 and there is already talk of teams competing for 4th spot. So basically it's 3 teams playing to see what order they finish in top 3 and 5 playing for 4th. Sad that it's the case so early. Well only 4 singo don't seem to be looking a threat for the fourth spot.

Thomas477
08-05-2014, 12:57 PM
It doesn't matter if the player swore or not, the fact is that referees aren't there to be abused. If the player was arguing the call, that's dissent, so a clear yellow, no arguments.

Imyourhero
08-05-2014, 01:14 PM
I think he was also pointing out the fact that players aren't there to be assualted either, and that if somebody places a hand on anothers throat it should receive as much attention as dissent.

hawk
08-05-2014, 01:42 PM
----------------Ok already, We are now finished with the Maitland & Roger debate-------------

curious_fan
08-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Isn't it sad our supposed 2nd tier comp and coming up to round 8 of 21 and there is already talk of teams competing for 4th spot. So basically it's 3 teams playing to see what order they finish in top 3 and 5 playing for 4th. Sad that it's the case so early. Well only 4 singo don't seem to be looking a threat for the fourth spot.

I'll be openly honest, I don't believe say West Wallsend are as high quality a team as Maitland this season. My comment was more that it was so tight in points and some may be surprised Westy are in a position to be competing for possible semi finals with what occurred pre-season.

I am no way saying any of those sides currently 4-7 can't take 3rd place, or that one of the top sides in Maitland or Valentine can't falter and drop spots.

curious_fan
08-05-2014, 01:52 PM
I think he was also pointing out the fact that players aren't there to be assaulted either, and that if somebody places a hand on another throat it should receive as much attention as dissent.

Yes sorry, my poor wording. My point would have better described in that the linesman has openly said to a first grade coach walking down the ramp after half time that he should have intervened in the incident and that both players should have been carded and that he had said as much during half time to the referee (bear in mind the linesman is by far the more senior and experienced official).

Now the same linesman has interrupted play and called the referee over to have a player (one of those in the initial incident) booked because he questioned what he believed to be a push in his back while trying to hold the ball up in the corner.

Now as a spectator, even I find that a little hard to take. I don't believe referees should be abused or insulted and I support the Respect premise Northern are trying to promote. I just found the situations and the degree of each incidents disregard for the rules to be at highly different ends of the scale.

Elude
08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
He disrespected the linesman, therefore the linesman told the ref that he should be carded.

Bull65
10-05-2014, 07:12 PM
1st Grade - Singleton 4 Cessnock 3
23s Singleton 0 Cessnock 0
19s Singleton 1 Cessnock 4

zzzzzzzzzz
10-05-2014, 10:33 PM
1st Grade Valo 12 Westy 0
23s Valo 6 - 0
19s 0 - 0

Playitonthedeck
10-05-2014, 10:41 PM
1st Grade Valo 12 Westy 0
23s Valo 6 - 0
19s 0 - 0
Westy that bad or valo just too good ??
Shows really the clear gap between top sides and average sides

outdated
11-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Belswans
V stags
19s 2-2 should hablve been 8-2 to swans
23s 2-0 to trono

outdated
11-05-2014, 05:37 PM
First grade Belswans 1-1
Swannies short of players

newi24-2-08
11-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Another sweep for Maitland today against Thornton

1sts 7-0
23s 2-1
19s 5-0

curious_fan
11-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Westy that bad or valo just too good ??
Shows really the clear gap between top sides and average sides
Both but way gave up was disgraceful.

outdated
17-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Belswans 3-1 over westy

outdated
18-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Redbacks 4-0 stags. Stags were too old and to slow
Predictions
Maitland
Valo
Swans
Redbacks
Hornets or Singo
stags or westy

outdated
18-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Thornton 19s got up;)

Elude
18-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Redbacks 4-0 stags. Stags were too old and to slow
Predictions
Maitland
Valo
Swans
Redbacks
Hornets or Singo
stags or westy

I think 4th place is up for any of them. Just depends who turns up to play each week. From the games I go to they are all quite capable of 4th and any of then could get wooden spoon. Hard to make predictions I think.

outdated
18-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I think 4th place is up for any of them. Just depends who turns up to play each week. From the games I go to they are all quite capable of 4th and any of then could get wooden spoon. Hard to make predictions I think.
Probably the tightest in years for 4th, especially with the new look singleton under the ex toronto coach. Westy are also capable of beating any of the bottom 5. I think Thornton deserve slight favouritism.

footballfan
18-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Surely this is one of the worst comps in newy football... It's a bit like the Spanish competition up until this year, 2 great sides and the rest are crap fighting it out for 2 finals spots knowing they will get hammered by the top 2 teams anyway!!

Imyourhero
18-05-2014, 09:55 PM
so what, football is football. Aussies 'gunna get hammered at world cup', we're still gunna bloody support em

footballfan
18-05-2014, 11:39 PM
so what, football is football. Aussies 'gunna get hammered at world cup', we're still gunna bloody support em

You would expect the second best comp in newcastle to be a whole heap better!!

seldom
19-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Surely this is one of the worst comps in newy football... It's a bit like the Spanish competition up until this year, 2 great sides and the rest are crap fighting it out for 2 finals spots knowing they will get hammered by the top 2 teams anyway!!

Not sure i'd class any side in this comp 'great''. Maitland,Valo and singo have money the rest are scraping by by my understanding.If its that bad of a comp maybe not watch it champ.

footballfan
19-05-2014, 02:13 AM
Not sure i'd class any side in this comp 'great''. Maitland,Valo and singo have money the rest are scraping by by my understanding.If its that bad of a comp maybe not watch it champ.

I don't watch it champ!! After painfully sitting through 2 games without poking my eyes out was enough to never want to watch another game (excluding the top 2 teams).. What that says to me is it a weak comp and considering it's the second best comp in newy that's a problem.
All my original comment was about is how bad the comp is, the table proves my point so I don't think it's debatable chump!!

fresh
19-05-2014, 05:02 AM
it isn't the second best comp in newcastle

zpl first grade is. good soccer and rarely any cricket scores. What happens when you have promotion and religation between 4 leagues !

footballfan
19-05-2014, 09:51 AM
it isn't the second best comp in newcastle

zpl first grade is. good soccer and rarely any cricket scores. What happens when you have promotion and religation between 4 leagues !

Totally agree with this comment!!!

curious_fan
19-05-2014, 10:24 AM
You would expect the second best comp in newcastle to be a whole heap better!!

I believe it would be IF we had a community of football players who had the desire to play at the highest level their ability allowed, instead we have some doing that and some being more concerned with being extremely overpaid by amateur football clubs because they believe they deserve to.

Personally, I wish all association clubs were banned from player payments full stop. Put that money into real development, coaches, junior skill camps, facilities, better equipment etc

footballfan
19-05-2014, 12:23 PM
I believe it would be IF we had a community of football players who had the desire to play at the highest level their ability allowed, instead we have some doing that and some being more concerned with being extremely overpaid by amateur football clubs because they believe they deserve to.

Personally, I wish all association clubs were banned from player payments full stop. Put that money into real development, coaches, junior skill camps, facilities, better equipment etc

U have a really good point and I totally agree!
What about no worrying about clubs having certain criteria maybe except for the money when it comes to promotion into NEW FM league? Because the way the promotion relegation is u basically can't drop out of this comp only go up, make it easier for the clubs below to be able to go up because some of the clubs in this comp have average facilities

seldom
19-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Your right.This was my point regarding the NewFM comp.Some teams have money some don't.Agree there's overpaid players running around but can't see this changing tbh.

Zeus
19-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Totally agree with this comment!!!

You just have 3 teams in NewFM that have NBN league quality players, where as the rest have ZPL quality players.
Most of the players playing in ZPL went there because they couldn't get into the top NEWFM teams and don't want to get a hiding from the top NewFM teams by playing for one of the bottom NewFM teams.
So it is easier to go play ZPL.

The top ZPL teams would not compete with the likes of Maitland and Pheonix, they would however with Cessnock, Toronto etc because they have ZPL quality players playing for them.

I get sick of hearing the top 4 ZPL teams would match it with the top NewFM teams.
That's not true, they would match it with the mid table teams.

Does it make ZPL a stronger comp? NO, it makes it a more even comp.
The quality of players are still better in NewFM even if it is from only the top 4 teams.
You chuck maitland in the ZPL comp this year nobody will come close.
You take Maitland and Pheonix out of the NewFM along with West Wallsend and Singo comp then you don't have cricket scores, you have a tight comp.

seldom
19-05-2014, 02:58 PM
True

curious_fan
19-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Rumour mill has started early this year on coaching....... for next season that is.

Belswans will be under new guidance come 2015

West Wallsend are making no secret they will be interviewing

And it seems Singleton may also be entering the fray sooner rather than later in establishing (but not necessarily announcing) a coach for 2015.

Does it seem odd that clubs and coaches are already looking with one eye to 2015 before half the season of 2014 is over?

footballfan
19-05-2014, 06:04 PM
You just have 3 teams in NewFM that have NBN league quality players, where as the rest have ZPL quality players.
Most of the players playing in ZPL went there because they couldn't get into the top NEWFM teams and don't want to get a hiding from the top NewFM teams by playing for one of the bottom NewFM teams.
So it is easier to go play ZPL.

The top ZPL teams would not compete with the likes of Maitland and Pheonix, they would however with Cessnock, Toronto etc because they have ZPL quality players playing for them.

I get sick of hearing the top 4 ZPL teams would match it with the top NewFM teams.
That's not true, they would match it with the mid table teams.

Does it make ZPL a stronger comp? NO, it makes it a more even comp.
The quality of players are still better in NewFM even if it is from only the top 4 teams.
You chuck maitland in the ZPL comp this year nobody will come close.
You take Maitland and Pheonix out of the NewFM along with West Wallsend and Singo comp then you don't have cricket scores, you have a tight comp.

I disagree, there is only 2 strong teams in NEWFM, zone teams have beaten teams in this comp! Take thornton. 3 years ago in the old id1 which is ZPL now, they came second last and got promoted to NEWFM just because they got a cash injection! Dudley who are now in ZPL were always top 4 in NEWFM but got put back because of facilities! Swansea beat belswans in a trial and I'm certain that besides the top 2 teams in NEWFM that no other team would win the comp easily in ZPL if they were dropped back to that comp even if they kept the same team!

seldom
19-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Rumour mill has started early this year on coaching....... for next season that is.

And it seems Singleton may also be entering the fray sooner rather than later in establishing (but not necessarily announcing) a coach for 2015.

Does it seem odd that clubs and coaches are already looking with one eye to 2015 before half the season of 2014 is over?

I think a lot of these clubs expect the coaches to perform miracles with limited funds and average players and when it doesnt happen they opt for a new coach.

sancho_theswan
20-05-2014, 10:55 AM

BelSwans committee was informed several weeks ago that "Shooter" would be stepping down at the end of 2014..... no big rumour there! I think that coaches should be honest about their intentions and clubs should be organised and have things in place as soon as they can. The earlier the better I think. No real dramas when Damo announced he wouldn't be coaching at magic a couple of years ago. Is there any difference?

sancho_theswan
20-05-2014, 11:00 AM
I disagree, there is only 2 strong teams in NEWFM, zone teams have beaten teams in this comp! Take thornton. 3 years ago in the old id1 which is ZPL now, they came second last and got promoted to NEWFM just because they got a cash injection! Dudley who are now in ZPL were always top 4 in NEWFM but got put back because of facilities! Swansea beat belswans in a trial and I'm certain that besides the top 2 teams in NEWFM that no other team would win the comp easily in ZPL if they were dropped back to that comp even if they kept the same team!

Which ZPL team do you support?

Zeus
20-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Disagree all you like, facts are facts.
Dudley was never as strong as Adamstown that won it last year, Lambton that won it the year before, Charlestown and lakes before that!
The top ZPL side wouldn't beat Maitland this year.
The top ZPL side last year wouldn't have beat Adamstown the year before, nor Lambton, Charlestown or Lakes.

You cant take anything from Trial games, Lakes beat Magic in a trial game this year. Lambton drew with Adamstown in a trial game, beat them 5-0 in competition game on weekend. Teams are trying things in trials, giving fringe players runs etc..

I didn't say the top 4. I said take the top 2 teams out and bottom 2 out of the comp and it becomes a competitive comp.
I also believe that the bottom team in ZPL wouldn't beat the bottom team in NewFM.
So I cannot agree that ZPL is a stronger comp.

I actually did say ZPL teams could compete with the likes of Thornton, Toronto Cessnock etc..
Not the top 2 teams though, your kidding yourself if you think they would.

I agree the top 4 teams in ZPL could come in and compete in the NEWFM but wouldn't win it.

Zeus
20-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Totally agree. Leaves clubs in a big hole if the coach doesn't let them know until late in the season. Look at Chapman and Adamstown, stuffed Adamstown up completely by him leaving it so late.

footballfan
20-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Disagree all you like, facts are facts.
Dudley was never as strong as Adamstown that won it last year, Lambton that won it the year before, Charlestown and lakes before that!
The top ZPL side wouldn't beat Maitland this year.
The top ZPL side last year wouldn't have beat Adamstown the year before, nor Lambton, Charlestown or Lakes.

You cant take anything from Trial games, Lakes beat Magic in a trial game this year. Lambton drew with Adamstown in a trial game, beat them 5-0 in competition game on weekend. Teams are trying things in trials, giving fringe players runs etc..

I didn't say the top 4. I said take the top 2 teams out and bottom 2 out of the comp and it becomes a competitive comp.
I also believe that the bottom team in ZPL wouldn't beat the bottom team in NewFM.
So I cannot agree that ZPL is a stronger comp.

I actually did say ZPL teams could compete with the likes of Thornton, Toronto Cessnock etc..
Not the top 2 teams though, your kidding yourself if you think they would.

I agree the top 4 teams in ZPL could come in and compete in the NEWFM but wouldn't win it.

You obviously need to read what I have said, everything I said I have excluded the top 2 teams in NEWFM champ!!
Take those 2 teams out and the remaining 6 are no stronger than the top 4 sides in ZPL.
If u want a stronger NEWFM they need to relax the ridiculous criteria that clubs need to meet, would make for a stronger comp in NEWFM if the bottom team actually got relegated and didn't just stay there and get pumped 10 and 12 nil

Zeus
21-05-2014, 03:16 PM
You obviously need to read what I have said, everything I said I have excluded the top 2 teams in NEWFM champ!!
Take those 2 teams out and the remaining 6 are no stronger than the top 4 sides in ZPL.
If u want a stronger NEWFM they need to relax the ridiculous criteria that clubs need to meet, would make for a stronger comp in NEWFM if the bottom team actually got relegated and didn't just stay there and get pumped 10 and 12 nil

CHAMP!
you obviously misread my original post that said exactly t he same thing you arguing with me about.

and totally agree with relaxing the criteria and having a stronger NewFM comp, as my post said I think the top 4 ZPL teams would compete with the middle of the table teams maybe even push for one of those top 4 spots.
the NEWfm competition would only be stronger by replacing the bottom 4 teams with the top 4 teams.
Totally agree, poor Singo have been last placed for as long as I can remember

footballfan
21-05-2014, 03:47 PM
CHAMP!
you obviously misread my original post that said exactly t he same thing you arguing with me about.

and totally agree with relaxing the criteria and having a stronger NewFM comp, as my post said I think the top 4 ZPL teams would compete with the middle of the table teams maybe even push for one of those top 4 spots.
the NEWfm competition would only be stronger by replacing the bottom 4 teams with the top 4 teams.
Totally agree, poor Singo have been last placed for as long as I can remember

I'm glad we finally agree lol we got there eventually!
Yeah I was just trying to say that it would be so much better for newcastle football if they could make the NEWFM comp stronger.. I know of a fair few players playing in ZPL simply for the fact is it's a harder comp!!
Not sure NNSWF will change anything though so I guess we just have to get used to a lop sided comp!

hawk
21-05-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm glad we finally agree lol we got there eventually!
Yeah I was just trying to say that it would be so much better for newcastle football if they could make the NEWFM comp stronger.. I know of a fair few players playing in ZPL simply for the fact is it's a harder comp!!
Not sure NNSWF will change anything though so I guess we just have to get used to a lop sided comp!

Make newfm stronger or more even?

I also find this grade is ruined by having "those 2 teams" so far ahead at the top each year. This tends to make many games a pointless excercise.

Imyourhero
21-05-2014, 04:59 PM
NPL 12 team comp, 2 rounds.
Top 2 from ZPL move up to newfm.
At end of day whats more important, "good" facilities or more football/tighter tougher comp?

curious_fan
21-05-2014, 05:11 PM
NPL 12 team comp, 2 rounds.
Top 2 from ZPL move up to newfm.
At end of day whats more important, "good" facilities or more football/tighter tougher comp?

From the meeting notes from one club I saw it was very briefly mentioned at the Secretaries meeting, during pre-season, for NewFm that Northern were considering increasing the clubs in NewFM although I do not believe any of the clubs have actively had any discussions with Northern about this.

If the higher ZPL clubs are really interested perhaps they should be taking the initiative and contacting the NewFM clubs and seeing what thoughts are out there, it is after all something the current clubs would discuss at their meeting and voice an opinion to Northern on.

ForeverRed
21-05-2014, 06:54 PM
No near enough talent for 12 team comp, been tried before and failed,

Newsfeed
21-05-2014, 07:01 PM

Amen

Imyourhero
21-05-2014, 09:09 PM

In NPL or Newfm?

outdated
21-05-2014, 10:01 PM

maybe it didn't back then, but now with 12 teams there is more opportunity for the u20s to play against quality players. Currently older players are put out to pasture (ZPL and over age).
maybe it failed in the past, but is it great now?

Elude
21-05-2014, 10:02 PM
in npl or newfm?
npl

ForeverRed
21-05-2014, 10:10 PM
In NPL or Newfm?

Npl

ForeverRed
21-05-2014, 10:13 PM
maybe it didn't back then, but now with 12 teams there is more opportunity for the u20s to play against quality playersz. Currently older players are put out to pasture (ZPL and over age).
maybe it failed in the past, but is it great now?

You answered it yourself, more under 20s equals less experience equals huge gaps in quality equals comp split in two, 2 extra teams are not going to create to many extra spots

Imyourhero
21-05-2014, 10:41 PM
The 12 team NPL comp was more an idea i threw out more focusing on an example of how to specifically strengthen Newfm.
However as the guys have said, they've tried it in the past and it failed.
I guess in the end you'd rather #1 have a tight, tough NPL and unfortunetly the lower leagues have to suffer the consequences.

hawk
22-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I feel we can, and need to ensure that we have 2 comps of "elite" quality. Even more so now nnsw is seen as a separate football entity within the national system. Reducing some barriers between movement of teams between ZPL & NewFM could help the 2nd tier even out. eg costs to enter, focusing on essential criteria (pitch quality, change rooms) and having a similar set up of grades structure.

Zico
22-05-2014, 01:46 PM
The 12 team NPL comp was more an idea i threw out more focusing on an example of how to specifically strengthen Newfm.
However as the guys have said, they've tried it in the past and it failed.
I guess in the end you'd rather #1 have a tight, tough NPL and unfortunetly the lower leagues have to suffer the consequences.

They tried lowering the age and getting rid of Reserve Grade in the past and it failed but we are back stuck with this again.

I feel we can, and need to ensure that we have 2 comps of "elite" quality. Even more so now nnsw is seen as a separate football entity within the national system. Reducing some barriers between movement of teams between ZPL & NewFM could help the 2nd tier even out. eg costs to enter, focusing on essential criteria (pitch quality, change rooms) and having a similar set up of grades structure.

The problem here is that you would end up with 8 or 10 (if a 8 or 10 team comp) clubs that don't yet make the criteria for NPL and therefore no promotion / relegation beyond NEWFM. The Fed have lowered the bar in regards to NPL criteria but I personaly wouldn't like it lowered much further.

NewFM 2014
22-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi Zico,

What criteria has been lowered - Criteria to get back into NBN (NPL) is exactly the same as it was before relegated ?
Am i missing something here , would appreciate the info if I am .

Thank You.

sancho_theswan
23-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Any predictions for tomorrows "clash of the titans"…. Valo V's Maitland at Cahill Oval.

Imyourhero
23-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Im tipping draw, however if Valo get up it'll lead to their 3rd game being probably the biggest match this competition has ever seen.

seldom
23-05-2014, 05:21 PM
I think maitland just over valo...
cessnock over westy...
singo over toronto...heard toronto have even more 1st graders out this week...
thornton to upset belswans...again i hear shayne paul is missing(sancho)?

wish i was back would of loved to see mait v valo

outdated
24-05-2014, 06:52 AM
val 2 maitland 1
cesnock 2 westy 0
tronno 3 singo 3
thornton 1 belswans 0

Beast
24-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Must win for Valo so going with 1 nil Valo, just hope the referees poor dicisions don't decide the winner
3 - 0 Cessnock
3 - 1 Singo
2 - 1 Belswans

newi24-2-08
24-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Anyone got some scores from Valo v Pies?

The Postman
24-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Toronto v Singo
19s 1-1
23s 4-0
1sts 4-3

EH9
24-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Valo 3 - 0 Maitland. 15 mins to go

Elude
24-05-2014, 07:52 PM
I heard 4-0, can anyone confirm this?
Was Maitland really that bad?

NewFM 2014
24-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Game of two periods as they say ... Maitland take the chances first half its 4-0 them

We take chances second half its 4-0 valo

Good game - valo were real quick today

newie4eva
25-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Anyone know the Westy v Cessnock score ?

Supersub
25-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Anyone know the Westy v Cessnock score ?
4-0 nock pretty average performance by the ref

sancho_theswan
25-05-2014, 10:16 AM
ventured out and watched a game yesterday evening at a venue that can only be described as "the driest ground in Newcastle Football"!

newie4eva
25-05-2014, 02:41 PM
4-0 nock pretty average performance by the ref

What was the actual game like ?

outdated
25-05-2014, 05:05 PM
ventured out and watched a game yesterday evening at a venue that can only be described as "the driest ground in Newcastle Football"!
What? no grog?

outdated
25-05-2014, 05:55 PM
thronton 3-0 belswans ;)

The axe
25-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Match report?