PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

curious_fan
26-05-2014, 10:38 AM
What was the actual game like ?

Hard to really tell with the sub standard match official performance that was on display, from all 3 really in main game (I missed earlier matches).

I thought game was prob more even than scoreline appeared , official intervening and sending off two WW players meant game ended in 9v11 so scoreline was not going to be true indication of game. Highlight was prob two very frustrated coaches in second half taking time to calm each other down by chatting for a few mins and venting frustrations quietly rather than vocally backed up by the Cessnock coach going out of his way to shake the hand of the first WW player sent off and both coaches shaking hands with players from both teams but none of the match officials post game.

Both sides created chances, was a very physical game and made much worse by inconsistent and poor decisions by a supposed NBN grade match official left players and coaches from both sides really unsure of what was going on. First half was prob fair indication of game in that is was a draw, WW wasted a few opportunities and paid for not following players on at least 2 of the goals.

Shal really does need to stop constantly berating a young back line, especially when your the one responsible for such a soft first goal as he conceded.

Cessnocks backline we good I thought, both teams prob woke up worse for wear on Sunday thou.

Overall, a possibly good game of football, ruined by poor officiating.

newie4eva
26-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Hard to really tell with the sub standard match official performance that was on display, from all 3 really in main game (I missed earlier matches).

I thought game was prob more even than scoreline appeared , official intervening and sending off two WW players meant game ended in 9v11 so scoreline was not going to be true indication of game. Highlight was prob two very frustrated coaches in second half taking time to calm each other down by chatting for a few mins and venting frustrations quietly rather than vocally backed up by the Cessnock coach going out of his way to shake the hand of the first WW player sent off and both coaches shaking hands with players from both teams but none of the match officials post game.

Both sides created chances, was a very physical game and made much worse by inconsistent and poor decisions by a supposed NBN grade match official left players and coaches from both sides really unsure of what was going on. First half was prob fair indication of game in that is was a draw, WW wasted a few opportunities and paid for not following players on at least 2 of the goals.

Shal really does need to stop constantly berating a young back line, especially when your the one responsible for such a soft first goal as he conceded.

Cessnocks backline we good I thought, both teams prob woke up worse for wear on Sunday thou.

cheers.
Sounded like a very frustrating day for all but feel for Westy because when your struggling you don't need days like that.

Any of the goals worth mentioning or were they as ordinary as the day ?

cheers

Drunken ranger
26-05-2014, 01:21 PM

That's just shal he's done that everywhere

curious_fan
26-05-2014, 05:30 PM
cheers.
Sounded like a very frustrating day for all but feel for Westy because when your struggling you don't need days like that.

Any of the goals worth mentioning or were they as ordinary as the day ?

cheers

I wont say they weren't as my judgement was probably too one sided by that stage to be impartial. But I dont remember anything particularly significant, one was a bad keepers error no matter what he says after the event defenders should be protecting him. One was a simple cross where the fullback and back tracking midfielder just didnt move with the attackers and they got a close range header and the others I actually can't remember details of.

Supersub
26-05-2014, 09:19 PM
That's just shal he's done that everywhere
I thought the low point from shal was when he got up a ball boy thought was very poor and numerous tim the kids on field for westy were incredialbly frustrated and angry at him, feel for westy young kids are giving it there all will be a good side in few years

curious_fan
28-05-2014, 12:04 PM
I thought the low point from shal was when he got up a ball boy thought was very poor and numerous tim the kids on field for westy were incredialbly frustrated and angry at him, feel for westy young kids are giving it there all will be a good side in few years

I missed that with the ball boy but I will pass it on to the coaches because that is certainly not acceptable, by any player. Actually does anyone know what the rule is on second red cards? I had assumed a second red in the same season meant you'd get more than the standard one week but was told that's only if it is a straight red, as both players were sent for double yellows they will till only receive one week.

outdated
31-05-2014, 11:54 AM
tips anyone?
Belswans 3 cessnock 1
valo 4 trono 1
maitland anything - westy 0
thornton 4 singo 2

newi24-2-08
01-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Tough day at the office for west wallsend. Went down a combined 23-2 against maitland

1st 9-1
23s 10-0
19s 4-1

wannabe
01-06-2014, 07:57 PM
any other results today

outdated
01-06-2014, 09:56 PM
any other results today

Thornton v singo
19s 3-2
23s 0-0
1st 2-1 (abandoned with 20 to go)

outsider
01-06-2014, 10:16 PM
any other results today

Toronto v Valo

U19- 1-0
U23 2-2
1st 0-3 called off with about 5 to go due to lightning

Imyourhero
01-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Anyone know goalscorers for maitland 1st grade?

zenno12
01-06-2014, 11:55 PM
got down to watch Maitland vs west wallsend today and although the scoreline was 9-1 there was abit more in it then that with West wallsend hitting the cross bar 3 times and a few lucky goals from Maitland. westy dont have that bad of a team a few quality players but they all look really young and inexperienced but do go hard out there and the lad who came on early in the second half was quality. Never seen him before though and I do get around to a few of the games the last few seasons

curious_fan
02-06-2014, 11:36 AM
got down to watch Maitland vs west wallsend today and although the scoreline was 9-1 there was abit more in it then that with West wallsend hitting the cross bar 3 times and a few lucky goals from Maitland. westy dont have that bad of a team a few quality players but they all look really young and inexperienced but do go hard out there and the lad who came on early in the second half was quality. Never seen him before though and I do get around to a few of the games the last few seasons

One of the starting side and two of the subs got their first 1st Grade run with Westy, they were the first two subs made. Both had joined more recently , I'm sure the player you mentioned was a very new player from Mayfield Danny (and I apologise I honestly dont know his surname).

They were unlucky a little, Westy, 3 off the cross bar, one good chance with a header. They actually competed all three grades with only 32 players, the surprising thing is they have a head coach who is willing to give some of the younger guys chances in higher grades (even 1st grade) and is getting knocked back. At 18 guys my age would have been jumping at the chance to pull on a 1st grade strip even for 5 mins.

The squad are young, if we exclude Shal for obvious reasons, that side against Maitland are all under 23 except one who is 26. And the lack of long term experience shows, but a few are really taking advantage of it. And for the results, I have to give credit to the coach, the words are 99% encouraging and I have yet to see him lose him temper at a player.

Having seen both games, it was noticeable Maitland saw the need to try and claw back some of the goal difference Valentine have, not many strikers at 7-0 up are running into the net to try retrieve the ball and get the game restarted as quickly as possible. And that should be a concern for both sides now that it really could come down to goals at season end.

On another note, having seen a bit over half the West Wallsend games so far, it is good to see the respect and friendships between the coaches this season. Obviously I only see the Westy V ? games but I assume opposition coaches personalities don't change, doing more than just the pre game hand shake and seeing coaches actually going to find each other and talk and have a laugh is far more enjoyable than some of the pathetic banter that goes on between some coaches at times in past seasons.

Elude
05-06-2014, 07:41 AM
Redbacks 2 Singo 1, cancelled with 16 minutes remaining. The game has been rescheduled, what's people's opinions of this?

sancho_theswan
05-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Redbacks 2 Singo 1, cancelled with 16 minutes remaining. The game has been rescheduled, what's people's opinions of this?

Seems the only option to me..... unless both teams are willing to declare the match a draw. Which I very much doubt.
Rescheduling matches is not new.. I have seen games replayed when the game can't continue due to external circumstances eg weather, injury to player etc. Not sure if the time remaining becomes a factor, I recall a game being replayed when stopped with about 15 minutes to go.

curious_fan
05-06-2014, 10:32 AM

Surprising, unless there was imminent lightening you would think the first course of action should be a delay to game and then a decision to postpone.
I do not know if the rule still exists but in the years of the dinosaurs of the 80's if a set period of time was played the game could be called and a result given based on that scoreline. Likewise, is play was delayed for more than a given amount of time a game could be cancelled and replayed regardless of score. But they were situations which were very rarely called upon to be used.

It is a hard call for a mid week game ,especially with the Singo boys having to again travel. Then again, if they win their bonus will certainly take care of petrol bill.

Hotline
05-06-2014, 11:02 AM

There is some chat about this issue over on the League 1 forum. Apparently the result can stand once half time is reached. The rules might be slightly different in ZFL as opposed to State League though.

outdated
05-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Im guessing ref would put in a report, half time thornton 2-0 then singo back to 2-1 with 18 to go. Its a no brainer (rematch)

Newsfeed
07-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Maitland 4 Cessnock 0 h/t. 3 soft goals, their 4th goal decent by ben martin

outdated
08-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Valo 4 Redbacks 0

Elude
08-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Valo 3 redbacks 0.
Redbacks done really good and if not for some bad referee calls could've been a draw.

Onehunglow
08-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Redbacks did OK Elude, it's a stretch to blame the ref, Valo tore them apart and if old mate scored a couple of the 4 one v ones with the keeper in the first half it could have easily been 5-0.

Newy
12-06-2014, 10:59 AM
What about the state of this competition. Completely a 2 horse race. Federation should promote both teams as its embarrassing. To be half way through a season and top 2 teams so far ahead is a joke to newcastle football....

What other country or league in the world can you lose 1 game and draw 1 game all season and not be the winner which is a clear possibility for both valentine and Maitland.

Newsfeed
12-06-2014, 01:32 PM
What about the state of this competition. Completely a 2 horse race. Federation should promote both teams as its embarrassing. To be half way through a season and top 2 teams so far ahead is a joke to newcastle football....

What other country or league in the world can you lose 1 game and draw 1 game all season and not be the winner which is a clear possibility for both valentine and Maitland.

Agree with you. Have a look at the fixtures. Maitland do not need anymore help getting promotion to NPL. Northern cut number of teams a few years back now & may have had something to do with the quality of the bottom teams.

Bremsstrahlung
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Say you promote 2 teams to NBN, then the next year what if Belswans spend money or make a push for the top spot, and go through undefeated. When do we draw the line? Perhaps we should be focussing on relegating the weaker teams from NEWFM and promoting teams from below.

curious_fan
12-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Say you promote 2 teams to NBN, then the next year what if Belswans spend money or make a push for the top spot, and go through undefeated. When do we draw the line? Perhaps we should be focussing on relegating the weaker teams from NEWFM and promoting teams from below.

People seem to be under the impression Northern NEVER offer to promote a club to NewFM? It is up to the clubs to make an application to be considered for the competition, as it stands only 2 clubs have anything more than a year by year position in NewFM (the exceptions are Maitland and Valentine who already hold NPL licences).

If your in a club that's in ZPL then get involved on your committee, get involved and read the critieria, get in and help bring the club up to meet the min standards and get them to apply. It is no good sitting on the sideline bemoaning "lack of promotion" if those clubs themselves are not being proactive in getting promoted.

Newy
12-06-2014, 04:43 PM

I'm under the impression that only Valo and maitland hold the licenses for the criteria needed for the NPL making it irrelevant even if belswans won the comp. At this stage there are 2 competent teams especially compared to the rest of this league. And both teams qualify off the pitch aswell. Just seems common sense to me

outdated
15-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Redbacks 2- wesy 0

pv4
16-06-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm under the impression that only Valo and maitland hold the licenses for the criteria needed for the NPL making it irrelevant even if belswans won the comp. At this stage there are 2 competent teams especially compared to the rest of this league. And both teams qualify off the pitch aswell. Just seems common sense to me

I was under the impression every club but Singleton had said licences?

GO AWAY
16-06-2014, 09:48 AM

Singleton and Thornton i thought

Zico
16-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah it's only Singleton and Thornton without NPL licences but only 2 club are qualified to promote being Valo & Maitland.

Thats the word I have been told anyway.

punter
16-06-2014, 09:44 PM

It wasn't long a go that the Scottish premier league was a 2 horse race as was Spain not long a go.
What's with all the id people bagging this comp. go back to ya id thread and get this one back to talking about results and other news.

NewFM 2014
18-06-2014, 02:23 PM
So the game was off at Singleton at the weekend , does anbody live up in Singleton that can confirm just hpw bad the weather was up there please

Not that I am questioning the decision (perhaps just a little) but not sure I can remember games getting called off up there before.

I know we should not listen to rumours as most are nothing near true but we were told that Singleton had a function that lots of the players attended on Friday evening and shock game of next day.

NewFM 2014
18-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Also very close game at Belswans I see with them and Maitland . The Newcastle Herald said today late winner for Maitland.

Bon
18-06-2014, 02:41 PM
So the game was off at Singleton at the weekend , does anbody live up in Singleton that can confirm just hpw bad the weather was up there please

Not that I am questioning the decision (perhaps just a little) but not sure I can remember games getting called off up there before.

I have no idea about what the field there was like..
BUT, my job entails that I measure the level/flow of rivers out around there a lot, and their levels had started rising Fri morning and peaking at about 11pm that night..
So I would say we can assume there was a bit of rain..

Alternatively we could just wait for a Singo bloke to confirm it.. :lol:..

outdated
18-06-2014, 07:11 PM

I know we should not listen to rumours as most are nothing near true but we were told that Singleton had a function that lots of the players attended on Friday evening and shock game of next day.

I heard a rumour that singleton made it rain on the day of the match:) below is a link to the BOM site for singo 4.6 mm that day
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/weatherData/av?p_nccObsCode=136&p_display_type=dailyDataFile&p_startYear=2014&p_c=-753966019&p_stn_num=061397

curious_fan
19-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Yeah it's only Singleton and Thornton without NPL licences but only 2 club are qualified to promote being Valo & Maitland.

Thats the word I have been told anyway.

Have confirmed with person who attended the NewFM CLub meeting prior to the season launch.

Singleton and Thornton did not apply for NPL Licences

West Wallsend received one but handed it back in voluntarily prior to the meeting as they did not field the required youth sides.

Cessnock received theirs but had youth teams in the wrong ages and Northern advised they would take under consideration but likely would not qualify to retain Licence.

Belswans advised they would not field the youth sides due to a potential clash with Swansea Juniors academy and thus forfeited their NPL Licences on that basis.

Maitland and Valetine both retain NPL Licences

Toronto also did not field youth sides and were thus not in a position to retain the NPL Licence.

All clubs except Thornton and Singo applied and received their NPL Licence initially, but a condition of the NPL Licence was the youth sides playing under the same entity as the senior side so when a majority of the remaining clubs came to March were to be technical in breach of the Licence and voided it. Those clubs that did not meet that criteria no longer hold NPL Licences.

During initial discussion the reason the youth teams are such a mandatory condition is not so clubs have teams to automatically insert into the NPL Youth comps, clubs can field sides in A D or J grades for all Northern care, but to satisfy the club is able to manage and organise youth sides on top of their senior commitments.

Personally, I think most clubs will forgo bothering about the NPL Licence unless they believe they can challenge for the Premiership that next season (you must hold the NPL Licence prior to Round 1). Aside from that, clubs do not need the headaches of competing with local junior clubs for players/coaches to fulfil a requirement they will likely not use.

sancho_theswan
20-06-2014, 09:30 AM
It wasn't long a go that the Scottish premier league was a 2 horse race as was Spain not long a go.
What's with all the id people bagging this comp. go back to ya id thread and get this one back to talking about results and other news.

Agree..... in the past seasons in the NPL comp there are only two teams with a realistic shot. That being Magic and someone else! I think that the NEWFM comp is becoming way more competitive, with not a lot of difference between 3rd and 8th placed teams. A few quality players in the bottom 6 teams would sure up the closeness of the comp even further.
As for promoting 2 teams... it won't happen. It seems every year that there are two teams in battle for promotion and supporters from one team (maybe it's insecurity???) gets on here banging on about promoting 2 teams. Well everyone knew the rules at the start of the season - get over it will ya's!

sancho_theswan
20-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Also very close game at Belswans I see with them and Maitland . The Newcastle Herald said today late winner for Maitland.

Yep... great game to watch. Maitland scored winner in the last minute of normal time. Ripped the guts out of the "Regal Swans". At least I won't call that Juddy bloke a prick this week..... he didn't bother the score board.

sancho_theswan
20-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Have confirmed with person who attended the NewFM CLub meeting prior to the season launch.

Singleton and Thornton did not apply for NPL Licences

West Wallsend received one but handed it back in voluntarily prior to the meeting as they did not field the required youth sides.

Cessnock received theirs but had youth teams in the wrong ages and Northern advised they would take under consideration but likely would not qualify to retain Licence.

Belswans advised they would not field the youth sides due to a potential clash with Swansea Juniors academy and thus forfeited their NPL Licences on that basis.

Maitland and Valetine both retain NPL Licences

Toronto also did not field youth sides and were thus not in a position to retain the NPL Licence.

All clubs except Thornton and Singo applied and received their NPL Licence initially, but a condition of the NPL Licence was the youth sides playing under the same entity as the senior side so when a majority of the remaining clubs came to March were to be technical in breach of the Licence and voided it. Those clubs that did not meet that criteria no longer hold NPL Licences.

During initial discussion the reason the youth teams are such a mandatory condition is not so clubs have teams to automatically insert into the NPL Youth comps, clubs can field sides in A D or J grades for all Northern care, but to satisfy the club is able to manage and organise youth sides on top of their senior commitments.

Personally, I think most clubs will forgo bothering about the NPL Licence unless they believe they can challenge for the Premiership that next season (you must hold the NPL Licence prior to Round 1). Aside from that, clubs do not need the headaches of competing with local junior clubs for players/coaches to fulfil a requirement they will likely not use.

True that one!

Zico
20-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Agree..... in the past seasons in the NPL comp there are only two teams with a realistic shot. That being Magic and someone else! I think that the NEWFM comp is becoming way more competitive, with not a lot of difference between 3rd and 8th placed teams. A few quality players in the bottom 6 teams would sure up the closeness of the comp even further.
As for promoting 2 teams... it won't happen. It seems every year that there are two teams in battle for promotion and supporters from one team (maybe it's insecurity???) gets on here banging on about promoting 2 teams. Well everyone knew the rules at the start of the season - get over it will ya's!

I can see the point they are trying to make though, from the outside looking in it appears that there are only 2 clubs out of the 8 who are honestly fair dinkum about wanting promotion so if the other 6 clubs couldnt be bothered or think it's to difficult then promote the 2 clubs and dissolve NEWFM to ID's.

It's both a shame and a disgrace that in a promotion/relegation competition, we have 6 out of the 8 clubs in the 2nd best league that are unable to be promoted solely due to lack of ambition.

Either bring ambitious club into the NEWFM and make it true promotion/relegation or be done with the comp, promote both Maitland and Valo and have the same situation as the local league do with applications ever few seasons and clubs will be judged on merit.

pv4
20-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Who are the ambitious clubs currently below NEWFM who would meet the requirements, and have the ambition, to get promoted to nbn?

Drunken ranger
20-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Who are the ambitious clubs currently below NEWFM who would meet the requirements, and have the ambition, to get promoted to nbn?

I think cooks hill and Swansea both have junior bases behind them to push there cause but it's up to the clubs to decide where there heading

Zico
20-06-2014, 04:46 PM
To be honest, I know very little of the ZPL but if the fed threw it out there they may find a few clubs that are and it may also jog these lazy 6 NEWFM clubs into gear.

Premy
20-06-2014, 04:53 PM

Pretty sure Wallsend would want a crack.

curious_fan
20-06-2014, 05:10 PM
It's both a shame and a disgrace that in a promotion/relegation competition, we have 6 out of the 8 clubs in the 2nd best league that are unable to be promoted solely due to lack of ambition.

Thats a big statement when you would have little information about the plans of most (if any) of those clubs your referring too.

Belswans - I'd suggest you look at the improvements to the facilities over the last five years, the soon to be improvement via a grant to the watering system to come over this off season, the work that's gone into sponsorship and players recently seasons. The fact that the are not willing to enter into a fight over the local juniors with the Swansea Academy I think speaks worlds for the ambition the club does have..... to foster a good relationship with local juniors and provide the best system available to them. And I am sure it is something they will again try to negotiate a solution to with Northern at next months meeting.

West Wallsend - gone from nearly folding in Feb to a situation where they are negotiating with a new experienced first grade coach for 2015, by projections will be entirely debt free by seasons end and have sufficient funds in the bank to commence 2015 in a normal fashion, have increased their sponsors despite the early gloom, have successfully negotiated with Northern to become the new W-League training base, have reestablished a working relationship with the local juniors, are in the process of putting together a ten year capital plan for submission to LMCC for improvements, judging by recent rounds have the current best playing surface in the competition and a dedicated group of players within the club again.

Singleton - have dedicated quite substantial financial resources to improving the on field and coaching performances this season.

Cessnock have already a fantastic relationship with their juniors, have junior sides playing under the senior banner and playing on their field already just in the wrong age groups at this stage. Have a coach with a youth focus in his plans for the coming seasons and are highly competitive in that youth age group. Have probably the best covered seating areas in the competition, have dramatically improved the paying surface over the last 3 years and have a solid volunteer base.

Toronto and Thornton I wont comment on because I now very little about their situations aside from general impressions. You may not look at long term planning, sound financial planning or youth development as very ambitious but I will take those as means of ensuring strong solid clubs over the long term than short held glory like each of them have been put through in years gone past at attempts for short term glory.

Why is it wrong for clubs to be looking at NBN and saying, to be competitive we have to improve X,Y and Z over the coming 3, 5,7 years and doing it properly?

curious_fan
20-06-2014, 05:13 PM
Pretty sure Wallsend would want a crack.

Hopefully one of their biggest hurdles might be settled once the new licensee takes control of the venue and that is having a long term lease, it was one of the points that went against them when originally demoted. At that time they had no lease so potentially could have been without a ground at any time.

With the new licensee talking about making the venue more sport and community friendly hopefully longer term plans can begin to be put in place in that regard.

curious_fan
20-06-2014, 05:15 PM
To be honest, I know very little of the ZPL but if the fed threw it out there they may find a few clubs that are and it may also jog these lazy 6 NEWFM clubs into gear.

It is "thrown out" as you put it EVERY YEAR, clubs can seek to apply to Northern to be considered at any stage of a current season for the next season. If no clubs are proactive enough to raise the possibility with the current NewFM clubs to discuss at their competition meetings or enter into discussions with Northern about applying why would Northern assume anyone is interested?

pv4
20-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Cessnocks playing surface has always been top notch imo.

It's no better now than it was 10 years ago - which is still great.

Zico
20-06-2014, 05:26 PM
It is "thrown out" as you put it EVERY YEAR, clubs can seek to apply to Northern to be considered at any stage of a current season for the next season. If no clubs are proactive enough to raise the possibility with the current NewFM clubs to discuss at their competition meetings or enter into discussions with Northern about applying why would Northern assume anyone is interested?
Are you serious???? This is laughable

Zico
20-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Thats a big statement when you would have little information about the plans of most (if any) of those clubs your referring too.

Belswans - I'd suggest you look at the improvements to the facilities over the last five years, the soon to be improvement via a grant to the watering system to come over this off season, the work that's gone into sponsorship and players recently seasons. The fact that the are not willing to enter into a fight over the local juniors with the Swansea Academy I think speaks worlds for the ambition the club does have..... to foster a good relationship with local juniors and provide the best system available to them. And I am sure it is something they will again try to negotiate a solution to with Northern at next months meeting.

West Wallsend - gone from nearly folding in Feb to a situation where they are negotiating with a new experienced first grade coach for 2015, by projections will be entirely debt free by seasons end and have sufficient funds in the bank to commence 2015 in a normal fashion, have increased their sponsors despite the early gloom, have successfully negotiated with Northern to become the new W-League training base, have reestablished a working relationship with the local juniors, are in the process of putting together a ten year capital plan for submission to LMCC for improvements, judging by recent rounds have the current best playing surface in the competition and a dedicated group of players within the club again.

Singleton - have dedicated quite substantial financial resources to improving the on field and coaching performances this season.

Cessnock have already a fantastic relationship with their juniors, have junior sides playing under the senior banner and playing on their field already just in the wrong age groups at this stage. Have a coach with a youth focus in his plans for the coming seasons and are highly competitive in that youth age group. Have probably the best covered seating areas in the competition, have dramatically improved the paying surface over the last 3 years and have a solid volunteer base.

Toronto and Thornton I wont comment on because I now very little about their situations aside from general impressions. You may not look at long term planning, sound financial planning or youth development as very ambitious but I will take those as means of ensuring strong solid clubs over the long term than short held glory like each of them have been put through in years gone past at attempts for short term glory.

Why is it wrong for clubs to be looking at NBN and saying, to be competitive we have to improve X,Y and Z over the coming 3, 5,7 years and doing it properly?

You must be taking the piss if you feel Belswans and Singleton are up to the level required.

Westy and Cessnock could if they had more ambition which is clearly what I posted. :banghead:

Thomas477
20-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I'll just add to the praise of Belswans giving up the NPL license because it clashes with the juniors. I'm not invovled with them, but it is good to see Belswans acting in the best interest of not just themselves, but their junior club as well. It's something Thornton Seniors and Thornton Juniors should follow.

Premy
20-06-2014, 06:53 PM
I'll just add to the praise of Belswans giving up the NPL license because it clashes with the juniors. I'm not invovled with them, but it is good to see Belswans acting in the best interest of not just themselves, but their junior club as well. It's something Thornton Seniors and Thornton Juniors should follow.

Bel-Swans do have a juniors but there separate from the seniors.
the way I read it is they don't want to upset "Swansea" juniors, Bel-Swans and Swansea are completely separate.

Thomas477
20-06-2014, 10:08 PM
the way I read it is they don't want to upset "Swansea" juniors, Bel-Swans and Swansea are completely separate.

****, they do to. Either way, it's good to see a senior club not just act in their own interests.

The Postman
20-06-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm sure if the Thorntons and Torontos of the world had the same "ambition" as say Lambton we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If these clubs had some more "ambition" and I'm sure more quality players would want to play for these clubs.

sancho_theswan
22-06-2014, 06:29 PM

Spoke to BelSwans secretary. He clarrified a couple of things. BelSwans juniors didn't have the numbers in the grades required to consider approaching. Secondly Swansea FC were approached and agreed to submit teams. Northern requested that these teams would have to play under BelSwans banner as per NPL criteria which was fair enough. So BelSwans opted to withdraw due to a number of issues. Namely not wanting to cause problems with Swansea FC, both clubs realising that there is a lack of quality juniors left in the area after lots leave to all other clubs and "rep" programs. Lastly not real sure where these extra teams are expected to train or play? So there were a number of issues with gaining an NPL licence... I guess. It's not just about laziness, lack of ambition etc.

Premy
22-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Spoke to BelSwans secretary. He clarrified a couple of things. BelSwans juniors didn't have the numbers in the grades required to consider approaching. Secondly Swansea FC were approached and agreed to submit teams. Northern requested that these teams would have to play under BelSwans banner as per NPL criteria which was fair enough. So BelSwans opted to withdraw due to a number of issues. Namely not wanting to cause problems with Swansea FC, both clubs realising that there is a lack of quality juniors left in the area after lots leave to all other clubs and "rep" programs. Lastly not real sure where these extra teams are expected to train or play? So there were a number of issues with gaining an NPL licence... I guess. It's not just about laziness, lack of ambition etc.
Thanks for clearing it up Sancho, I had a fair idea of the situation from what I heard on the grapevine.
As to if it happened where the juniors would play, due to NPL criteria they would have to play at Blacksmiths Oval same as the seniors.

Zico
23-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Without this sounding like a Belswans bashing and again I'll say that I'm on the outside looking in but to me if you can't fill the required criteria or have any plans to fill the required criteria then why are you and these other clubs still in the NEWFM? For me a club with this attitiude (and I'm not bagging you as it's very considerate of the junior club you spoke about) should be playing in the ZPL.

You have given legs to the argument of bringing ambitious clubs who have the required facilities, junior base and strong commitee to be promoted in the place of clubs like your own to be relegated to ZPL or ID's league.

curious_fan
23-06-2014, 10:38 AM

No, I am completely serious. Any club can approach Alan Nisbett to be considered and apply and from past experience Northern will gladly have resources such as Gary Fisher etc work with clubs to look at where they would sit with any regard to the competition criteria.

The next meeting of NewFM is actually early next month when just such topics would be discussed by the current club Presidents and Northern.

Northern do not run these competitions as dictators, both NBN & NewFm (and I am assuming the Herald Womens League) all have Competition Meetings 2/3 times a year. The next one actually has on the Agenda Season 2015 so ZPL clubs would be perfectly timed to be asking Northern and the clubs consider any expansion.

curious_fan
23-06-2014, 10:46 AM
But don't forget, for over 70 years the Jaffas were a club who did not fit that "ambitious" description really. The club has only in the past 5 years begun paying players, it was never a strong financial club, it was ground shared with cricket until less than ten years ago.

The upgrades were heavily driven by Newcastle Football association in fact wanting a Home ground venue for their junior rep sides.

What Sneddo and other have achieved in the last 5 years is quite staggering but that doesn't devalue the club having played in the second divisions for some decades prior without being in a position to push for promotion as seriously.

And I think those old enough would never want to see another Croatia occur within our club ranks again and they were probably the pin up club for ambition for those 4 years they were rising through the ranks, it was just a very sad and deflating ending for many involved.

sancho_theswan
23-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Without this sounding like a Belswans bashing and again I'll say that I'm on the outside looking in but to me if you can't fill the required criteria or have any plans to fill the required criteria then why are you and these other clubs still in the NEWFM? For me a club with this attitiude (and I'm not bagging you as it's very considerate of the junior club you spoke about) should be playing in the ZPL.

You have given legs to the argument of bringing ambitious clubs who have the required facilities, junior base and strong commitee to be promoted in the place of clubs like your own to be relegated to ZPL or ID's league.

I'd never for one minute suggest that you would get on here and try and bash up a club! Hell when have you ever had a go at a club over facilities, committees, junior bases, "ambitions" or merging or the like!

sancho_theswan
23-06-2014, 12:02 PM
But really, if a club has management plans in place that see the improvement of its grounds and facilities as the major priority and are working towards these then I don't feel that you should be punted out of a competition. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was Magic or Jaffas or any other club. It isn't easy for "most" clubs in the current environment and the NPL criteria has made it difficult to achieve licence status, but I think most clubs would be working towards attainment of an NPL licience... they are just not there yet.
By the way, just as a scenario..... say Valentine win promotion this year and they are in a good position to do so then I guess everyone in the NPL will again be complaining about going back to Cahill Oval - even though it fits the criteria (and i'm not having a shot at Valentine here).

Imyourhero
23-06-2014, 12:26 PM
With the final stretch in sight, who do we think has the mental strength between the 2 front runners to hold on for the title? Or do we think it will all come down to goal difference?

curious_fan
24-06-2014, 10:07 AM
With the final stretch in sight, who do we think has the mental strength between the 2 front runners to hold on for the title? Or do we think it will all come down to goal difference?

I want to say Maitland, because of the two I think they are the better placed to be as competitive as you can in that first season. But as far as who will actually get there, I dont think it will be GD but rather an upset (be that a draw or a win) from the other clubs that will be the eventual difference and I think the difference will be no more than 3 points.

GD is playing on some minds though, the last Maitland v Westy Graham Law was pushing Maitland every second, I mean I think it was 6-0 up, it had had a torrential downpour at half time and was still raining 25 mins into second half and Ben Martin sprinted about 20 metres to get the ball out of the back of the net to restart as quickly as possible.

RedMexican
24-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Hopefully Maitland.
The club culture they have up there is absolutely unbelievable From 19's to 1st Grade everyone gets along so well.

Plus Grahams football philosphy is top notch

curious_fan
25-06-2014, 10:14 AM

.......... todays Newcastle Herald has Alan Nesbitt directly quoted as confirming the expansion of NewFm by two teams is on the agenda of the meeting of NewFM Club presidents on July 2nd.

Oh dear... it seems I was serious.

sancho_theswan
25-06-2014, 01:04 PM
.......... todays Newcastle Herald has Alan Nesbitt directly quoted as confirming the expansion of NewFm by two teams is on the agenda of the meeting of NewFM Club presidents on July 2nd.

Good! More teams in the comp! I hope they are "ambitious" clubs. Let's wait and see how they go when they have to perform player restructuring.

NewFM 2014
25-06-2014, 01:44 PM
So if newfm goes to a 10 team comp that will likely mean the comp goes from 21 games to 18 games thus meaning even less football and repeating the same problem that exists in NPL (Old NBN) in that it is over before it really gets going.

We need to be looking at extending the season in the newfm and NPL not decreasing them. 18 game is a bit of a joke to be honest and makes me question why clubs run with squads in excess of 20 players and also makes you laugh when you hear coaches moaning about the odd back up game midweek or players getting rested ... really rested in an 18 game comp why ?

I am not saying i know what the answer is as I dont , but i do not believe that an 18 game league campaign be it newfm or NPl is best way forward.

Imyourhero
25-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Have to agree there

cobra23
25-06-2014, 02:33 PM
why dont we do what the a-league does , have 3 rounds = 27 games

Thomas477
25-06-2014, 02:43 PM
How many night games would that result in though? It can't just be a case of saying we're expanding the season by 6 weeks.

Imyourhero
25-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't know if the comp needs expanding, 21 rounds is pretty good. Just bring in promotion/relegation for newfm/zpl, if the criteria was changed.

Zico
25-06-2014, 08:22 PM

What are you on about you goose?

I was actually calling for clubs that are serious about improving being given the opportunity to play in NEWFM and the deadwood relegated to ID's. Read the posts prior to stinging your fingers on the keyboard.

outdated
25-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Thornton 2-3 singo
We desearved.the win, but poor refing cost us
Our keeper sent ofg for defending himself

curious_fan
26-06-2014, 09:44 AM
why dont we do what the a-league does , have 3 rounds = 27 games

It is a question that is raised from time to time for decades, the length of the competition is not only a question that is based on games played.

Some grounds are not available for football due to summer competitions until certain dates, and as much as we all love to complain about that Councils will not change. So clubs such as Olympic, Cardiff, Charlestown, Thornton, Singleton, Valentine all have time issues they can not control as to when they can play the first and last games on their grounds.

Some grounds become unavailable in late Feb/all March due to winter grass being sown, something being more heavily promoted to LMCC clubs more and more at least. Toronto's home ground is a good example of why it is worth considering at present. Even with two sports sharing it it had better grass recently than at this time in a long number of years. You start the season early on these and by round 3-4 clubs have to vacate for 5-6 weeks.

Club volunteers are also a real consideration, the guys running your gates and duty officer roles, secretary's and presidents, the wives in our canteens, our groundsman for those that have them are all giving up, in some cases considerably more time than just a few hours on game days already. Are they able to or willing to put even more time into running clubs and game days.

Playing surfaces, how many complaints are already made about poor quality at times, remember for each round your throwing sometimes another 40-50 guys training twice a week on those grounds which will also impact of its quality.

How early do you start pre-season if the competition starts early? What about guys playing a summer sport being at a disadvantage because they may miss a training or trial because they play cricket or are with the family on holidays?

I am sure players would love a longer competition, but there is a lot more to consider in terms of impact than just the players.

NewFM 2014
26-06-2014, 10:10 AM
It is a question that is raised from time to time for decades, the length of the competition is not only a question that is based on games played.

Some grounds are not available for football due to summer competitions until certain dates, and as much as we all love to complain about that Councils will not change. So clubs such as Olympic, Cardiff, Charlestown, Thornton, Singleton, Valentine all have time issues they can not control as to when they can play the first and last games on their grounds.

Some grounds become unavailable in late Feb/all March due to winter grass being sown, something being more heavily promoted to LMCC clubs more and more at least. Toronto's home ground is a good example of why it is worth considering at present. Even with two sports sharing it it had better grass recently than at this time in a long number of years. You start the season early on these and by round 3-4 clubs have to vacate for 5-6 weeks.

Club volunteers are also a real consideration, the guys running your gates and duty officer roles, secretary's and presidents, the wives in our canteens, our groundsman for those that have them are all giving up, in some cases considerably more time than just a few hours on game days already. Are they able to or willing to put even more time into running clubs and game days.

Playing surfaces, how many complaints are already made about poor quality at times, remember for each round your throwing sometimes another 40-50 guys training twice a week on those grounds which will also impact of its quality.

How early do you start pre-season if the competition starts early? What about guys playing a summer sport being at a disadvantage because they may miss a training or trial because they play cricket or are with the family on holidays?

I am sure players would love a longer competition, but there is a lot more to consider in terms of impact than just the players.

Good post and very logical reasons why it does not happen. I just think NPL in particular needs more than 18 games . I guess NewFM at 21 is better but if they change it to 18 same as NPL that will be non benifical to the comp i feel.

punter
26-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Good post and very logical reasons why it does not happen. I just think NPL in particular needs more than 18 games . I guess NewFM at 21 is better but if they change it to 18 same as NPL that will be non benifical to the comp i feel.

Promote valo and maitland to npl to make a 12 team comp.
Promote 6 zpl clubs to new fm to make 12 team comp.
22 games is a good amount of games to play with promotion and relegation.
I would even consider leaving npl clubs in npl and make other clubs apply to replace a npl team if they are running last each year or facilities drop off or don't improve.
Start p and r from new fm down so the clubs who are successful on the park get promoted.

sancho_theswan
26-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Promote valo and maitland to npl to make a 12 team comp.
Promote 6 zpl clubs to new fm to make 12 team comp.
22 games is a good amount of games to play with promotion and relegation.
I would even consider leaving npl clubs in npl and make other clubs apply to replace a npl team if they are running last each year or facilities drop off or don't improve.
Start p and r from new fm down so the clubs who are successful on the park get promoted.

Come on guys..... this won't happen. The old NPL was reduced to 8 teams due to what was considered the lack of quality players in a 10 team comp so I very much doubt that the fed. will increase the number of teams to 12. Same applies in NEWFM. It was promotion / relegation of 1 team at the start of the competition. Nothing has changed as far as I know, except for the "secret" move to bring NEWFM up to 10 teams in 2015. An 18 game season isn't ideal and I agree with that but it's better than playing 3 rounds surely.

Leftback at Home
26-06-2014, 03:23 PM
An 18 game league season + Cup + 4-6 Trials (maybe more) + Finals for those who make it, that's 23-30 games a year already. That's in a 6-7month time span, which doesn't take into account inevitable washouts to fit in mid-week somewhere. That is a tight schedule & if you look at the maths EPL is 38 in 10months (3.8/month) so for a 6-7 month season 23-27 is about the right fit. If you need more then that go play Friday nights as well, or indoor or create your own mid-week pick-up league.

NewFM 2014
26-06-2014, 03:58 PM
An 18 game league season + Cup + 4-6 Trials (maybe more) + Finals for those who make it, that's 23-30 games a year already. That's in a 6-7month time span, which doesn't take into account inevitable washouts to fit in mid-week somewhere. That is a tight schedule & if you look at the maths EPL is 38 in 10months (3.8/month) so for a 6-7 month season 23-27 is about the right fit. If you need more then that go play Friday nights as well, or indoor or create your own mid-week pick-up league.

We are not talking about trial games we are talking about competitive league games and 18 is way too short most teams in NPL other than Jets Youth think so , we have just recently been relegated from their and had the league been over a slightly longer format I question if Valo would have gone down but fair enough after 18 games we were bottom and the table does not lie.

Also cup games ? The state cup pretty much no newfm team ever play more than 1 round due to the stupid way it is drawn so again kind of irrelivant to this conversation.

And as you say yourself + finals only for those that make it so vast majority of teams in both leagues again makes no difference so yep again 18 game comp does not cut it even using your calculation

Based on a 10 teams newfm comp in total (not including state cup) newfm

Only 2 teams will make it to Grand final and so they have maximum 21 game comp (18 league games & 3 finals games)
2 teams (losing semi finalists) will have a 20 game season
the other 6 will remain on 18 game competitive season.

Leftback at Home
26-06-2014, 04:37 PM
You can't look at the 18 game league season in isolation. It has been said many times that you don't have ground availability to facilitate that length of season. If you could get all the grounds available from the first weekend in March until the last weekend in September, then yeah 27 games can work if you for go some trials, but you don't have that availability and to squeez 27 comp games into 21-24 weekends (accounting for finals) is a hard ask when you have to factor in wash out catch ups as well. That's a lot of mid-week games, a lot more time required from players and volunteers & a taxing playing load for guys who have to back up and go to work for a living in a short space of time. Don't get me wrong I'd rather play twice a week and for go training but how realistic is it?

curious_fan
26-06-2014, 04:45 PM
There was issue I think will also see current clubs concerned about a decrease in rounds (if that was in fact the end result of an increase in numbers) is the income home games generate.

Currently each club has either 10 or 11 home games, now with clubs generating between $1300 to $2000 (gate takings/canteen & alcohol sales) in profit a home game id that dropped to 9 home games clubs are looking at a possible loss of up to $4000 from their bank accounts.

And in return the only real saving is not marking a ground 2 times a year compared to current, so savings of under $80.

And for many NewFm clubs that is not an insignificant amount of money to potentially lose.

Personally, I think Northern will have a big job selling any potential increase in numbers in NewFm to the current clubs for two simple reasons: 1) current clubs have already invested in the current criteria and won't want to see those levels lowered for new clubs and 2) clubs will not want to see any reduction in their ability to generate the same levels of income they have been.

Cunning stunts
27-06-2014, 10:50 AM
hey guys

just thinking does anyone know where the Newfm grandfinal is being played this year?

NewFM 2014
27-06-2014, 12:18 PM
hey guys

just thinking does anyone know where the Newfm grandfinal is being played this year?

Based on spectator viewing I would say either West Wallsend or Toronto .

Based on who will more than likely be in it you would have to think Valentine or Maitland although anything can happen over two legs in the semi's.

Will be nice to see it played outside of Newcastle for a change as Adamstown Held it last few years.

Imyourhero
27-06-2014, 12:42 PM
If Cessnocks ground maintains itself could be a good choice.

pv4
27-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Lakes pls

curious_fan
27-06-2014, 03:15 PM
hey guys

I'd hope the decision was still some weeks off, playing surface can change dramatically within a few weeks and so can the top 4.

I think we can rule out Maitland, Valentine and Belswans due to being top 4 certainties.

Thornton and Toronto fighting for 4th currently, but Thorton is just not suited for many reasons....... parking, damn cricket pitch, no covered seating etc. Toronto I honestly don't know if they have access to the field that late in the year.

Leaves Cessnock, Singleton and West Wallsend.

Singelton I think is a no go just for distance from other clubs so maybe Cessnock or West Wallsend as the most likely, maybe it will be announced after next weeks meeting?

outdated
27-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Tips anyone
valo 2 belswans 0
maitland 5 trono 0
thornton 3 cessnock 0
singleton 2 westy 1

seldom
28-06-2014, 02:33 AM
valo easy if shayne paul doesnt play
maitland( heard tronna have lost a couple more 1st graders for the season)...are these injuries ?
thornton cessnock... i'll go draw
singo westy...have no idea..so whoever the home side is

so when do valo and maitland meet again ?

Bull65
29-06-2014, 06:15 PM
1sts Singo 4 Westy 0
23s Singo 3 Westy 2
Youth Singo 4 Westy 2

Good day for Singo!

outdated
29-06-2014, 06:45 PM
1sts Singo 4 Westy 0
23s Singo 3 Westy 2
Youth Singo 4 Westy 2

Good day for Singo!
Thornton 2-2 cessnick
Bailey would have to be coach of the year!

seldom
29-06-2014, 07:55 PM
Thornton 2-2 cessnick
Bailey would have to be coach of the year!

:blush:

sancho_theswan
29-06-2014, 09:16 PM
BelSwans V's Valo

19's…. 1-0
23's…. 0-2
1st's… 0-1

JCBT
29-06-2014, 09:41 PM
I'd hope the decision was still some weeks off, playing surface can change dramatically within a few weeks and so can the top 4.

I think we can rule out Maitland, Valentine and Belswans due to being top 4 certainties.

Thornton and Toronto fighting for 4th currently, but Thorton is just not suited for many reasons....... parking, damn cricket pitch, no covered seating etc. Toronto I honestly don't know if they have access to the field that late in the year.

Leaves Cessnock, Singleton and West Wallsend.

Singelton I think is a no go just for distance from other clubs so maybe Cessnock or West Wallsend as the most likely, maybe it will be announced after next weeks meeting?

Cessnock's outer ground is far to small to host the Grand Final and West Wallsend's complex (while they have held it before) isn't up to scratch and with a very small group of volunteers it would be almost impossible for them to host it.

Why can't a side in the top 4 host it? Adamstown and Westy have both hosted the GF's while their first grade side was in it.

Maitland
Big club with plenty of support from Old Boys and a strong committee that would easily host GF, the complex is currently having improvements and from what I hear extra seating is going in, good size warm up area and plenty of parking on (outside of complex on parkland), plenty of outer ground area for club marquees etc and plenty of work has gone into making the playing surface the best it has been in recent memory. Only problem I can see is the Fed wanting a Newcastle based Grand Final venue.

Toronto
Much to my surprise the surface is still in very good shape and a very good viewing ground with plenty of outer ground area for club marquees etc but parking would be an issue and the old sheds are poor. Unsure about the size of the committee etc and ground sharing with the Scorpions could be a problem.

Valentine No issue with parking or size of club, plenty of outer ground area for club marquees etc but the only Issues I see is with the surface (cricket pitch) and the distance out of Newcastle.

Belswans
Surface and complex not up to it

Thornton
Complex not up to it

Singleton
Distance from Newy and complex not up to it

My opinion is that the Grand Final should go to a club in the NewFM and not a NPL club so I can only really see Maitland, Valentine or Toronto being given the Hosting rights although the Fed may try to give Westy a helping hand by throwing it their way to give them some extra cash which I don't agree with.

pv4
30-06-2014, 08:58 AM
If Phoenix are given the Grand Final I will be so upset. Cahill, Thorntons and Singos ground are not up to hosting 2nd division football at all, let alone the biggest game of the season IMO - solely because of the cricket pitches.

Maitland is a great field and venue, would love it there.

Same with Westy - they hosted the ID2s Final last year and it was a great day! They seem to have a bunch of players who really love the club there so I'm pretty confident if Westy were given hosting rights that a few of their players would help run the day as needed.

Torontos pitch has held up so much better than it usually does after the schoolboys rugby play on it, I'm genuinely surprised. I don't really see the parking issue - there's a heap of street parking all surrounding the field as well as the big carpark (and big grassed area that cars can park on) at the Workers Club across the road - I would say it has more parking spaces available than any other team, probably.

If it goes to a NEWFM team, I'd like to see Maitland, Westy or Toronto get a go at it (so probably Westy or Toronto to keep it neutral - assuming neither get into the final). If it goes to a NBN team, Lakes is my favourite ground for it.

De-Champ
30-06-2014, 10:34 AM
May go to Westy...one way for the federation to help out the club...that almost could not field teams at the beginning of the year

outdated
30-06-2014, 12:13 PM
May go to Westy...one way for the federation to help out the club...that almost could not field teams at the beginning of the year
Toronto wouldnt be able to garentee thier ground. Scorpions might need it for a match. Wembly is a great facility. Beats the crap out of all the other cricket pitches. atown or broadmedow?
Is tgere a rule that says the ground must be a newfm field?

curious_fan
30-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Cessnock's outer ground is far to small to host the Grand Final and

I wouldn't rule then out totally, there is more than ample parking and the car park at the top and leave the ground for officials etc. They have the two covered grandstands which are good and people can watch from the other side of the field as well. And the warm up area is very closely located but away from the playing area. And they are possibly the best for media (ie camera and reporting) with the second tier room above the canteen.

The area may not lend itself easily to maybe having marquees etc erected but really its NewFm not NBN.

curious_fan
30-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Other news - On Northerns website today is a notice Westy are asking for Expressions of Interest for all grades for 2015

sancho_theswan
01-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Cessnock's outer ground is far to small to host the Grand Final and West Wallsend's complex (while they have held it before) isn't up to scratch and with a very small group of volunteers it would be almost impossible for them to host it.

Why can't a side in the top 4 host it? Adamstown and Westy have both hosted the GF's while their first grade side was in it.

Maitland
Big club with plenty of support from Old Boys and a strong committee that would easily host GF, the complex is currently having improvements and from what I hear extra seating is going in, good size warm up area and plenty of parking on (outside of complex on parkland), plenty of outer ground area for club marquees etc and plenty of work has gone into making the playing surface the best it has been in recent memory. Only problem I can see is the Fed wanting a Newcastle based Grand Final venue.

Toronto
Much to my surprise the surface is still in very good shape and a very good viewing ground with plenty of outer ground area for club marquees etc but parking would be an issue and the old sheds are poor. Unsure about the size of the committee etc and ground sharing with the Scorpions could be a problem.

Valentine No issue with parking or size of club, plenty of outer ground area for club marquees etc but the only Issues I see is with the surface (cricket pitch) and the distance out of Newcastle.

Belswans
Surface and complex not up to it

Thornton
Complex not up to it

Singleton
Distance from Newy and complex not up to it

My opinion is that the Grand Final should go to a club in the NewFM and not a NPL club so I can only really see Maitland, Valentine or Toronto being given the Hosting rights although the Fed may try to give Westy a helping hand by throwing it their way to give them some extra cash which I don't agree with.

Good thoughts JCBT. Interesting comments in relation to Cahill Oval. Is the playing surface that bad???? No real negative comments this year as opposed to previous years in state league.
I personally believe the GF will go to either Maitland or Westy. However, If the distance from Newy to Belmont is an issue, then surely the same applies to Maitland, Cessnock, Singo, Blacksmiths, Toronto, Thornton and Westy (to a lesser extent). Therefore I wouldn't rule out Zico and his mob running it at Wanderers. They have run them successfully in the past I believe, albeit in some other competition.

sancho_theswan
01-07-2014, 09:06 AM

Agree…. another way for the NNSWF to assist.

JCBT
01-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Good thoughts JCBT. Interesting comments in relation to Cahill Oval. Is the playing surface that bad???? No real negative comments this year as opposed to previous years in state league.
I personally believe the GF will go to either Maitland or Westy. However, If the distance from Newy to Belmont is an issue, then surely the same applies to Maitland, Cessnock, Singo, Blacksmiths, Toronto, Thornton and Westy (to a lesser extent). Therefore I wouldn't rule out Zico and his mob running it at Wanderers. They have run them successfully in the past I believe, albeit in some other competition.
I know the players wouldn't complain about it being at Magic but I'm a firm believer that it should stay in the NBN to assist a club who is putting in the effort. I personal would like to see Maitland get the Grand Final and I'm 100% against the fed giving Westy a hand out with hosting rights. The facilities were not up to scratch when I was there early this season and it would take a massive change to get them ready.

JCBT
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't rule then out totally, there is more than ample parking and the car park at the top and leave the ground for officials etc. They have the two covered grandstands which are good and people can watch from the other side of the field as well. And the warm up area is very closely located but away from the playing area. And they are possibly the best for media (ie camera and reporting) with the second tier room above the canteen.

The area may not lend itself easily to maybe having marquees etc erected but really its NewFm not NBN.
The ground isn't fully fenced so that rules them out on criteria and honestly, who would want to go there to play or watch a Grand Final?

Zico
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM
Everybody is welcome at Wanderers my friend.
We have the best of everything in the area so why not welcome everybody to enjoy it :grin:

EH9
01-07-2014, 05:09 PM
The ground isn't fully fenced so that rules them out on criteria and honestly, who would want to go there to play or watch a Grand Final?

i would think every player in the comp

JCBT
01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
i would think every player in the comp
Point taken but I was referring to the location

Turks
02-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Singo vs Valo
19's 6-1
23's 0-3
First's tomorrow night

curious_fan
02-07-2014, 11:03 AM

my bad then, last time I was there was for a night game and now you have made me think back there was no fencing along the top near the old bowling club buildings is there? So of course that would rule them out for a ground. I think generally most clubs will travel and most family members would also, the question I guess for crowd is how far would the non involved persons...... other clubs, other divisions... not a huge number but not to be ignored either.

Not being as centralised a comp as say NBN I guess all grounds are going to be a distance from at least 3-4 others no matter where is chosen. I would rather no decision was made until say 3 roudns to go and see what everyones surface is like at that stage.

sancho_theswan
02-07-2014, 05:08 PM
I know the players wouldn't complain about it being at Magic but I'm a firm believer that it should stay in the NBN to assist a club who is putting in the effort. I personal would like to see Maitland get the Grand Final and I'm 100% against the fed giving Westy a hand out with hosting rights. The facilities were not up to scratch when I was there early this season and it would take a massive change to get them ready.

Geez… really! That shocks me to the core that you'd be pushing the "Maitland bandwagon". If we're getting picky over facilities then I don't see much between Cessnock and Maitland that a bit of temp. fencing wouldn't fix. I personally believe that Westy is a better facility to watch a game and the playing surface is(was) fine. Why do see Maitland's facilities any more superior to Westy????

sancho_theswan
02-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Everybody is welcome at Wanderers my friend.
We have the best of everything in the area so why not welcome everybody to enjoy it :grin:

Thanks for the invite. I'm sure the Newcastle football fraternity will rest a little easier knowing everyone is welcome to enjoy "the best of everything".

Newsfeed
02-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Geez… really! That shocks me to the core that you'd be pushing the "Maitland bandwagon". If we're getting picky over facilities then I don't see much between Cessnock and Maitland that a bit of temp. fencing wouldn't fix. I personally believe that Westy is a better facility to watch a game and the playing surface is(was) fine. Why do see Maitland's facilities any more superior to Westy????

Correct - Maitland & Cessnock are both dumps.

curious_fan
04-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Word from this weeks club meeting is that expansion in 2015 MAY take place, Northern to ask for formal expressions of interest from clubs to join NewFM. Goal to be a ten club comp but must meet the current criteria to be accepted or have written guarantee from there Council the work will be carried out in very near future. Not sure if the possibility of 9 team comp was talked about (I didnt think at time to ask).

Some very vocal people have been asking for it so now it comes back on the Zone clubs to show how prepared they might really be.

pv4
04-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Interesting..

When they say they must meet the current criteria, does that too extend to existing NEWFM clubs meeting the criteria? For eg: Singo have no fence, and thus can't charge admission. Will they be deemed to have not met the criteria, and therefore 3 ZPL teams meeting the criteria will come in, one replacing Singo?

NewFM 2014
04-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Ok predictions for the weekend

Will be interesting to see what ZPL teams back it up now and a real positive for both ZPL and NewFm and NPl for that matter if there is now a clear pathway for ambitious teams to progress to the top.

West Wallsend SFC v Thornton Redbacks FC 2-4

Cessnock City FC v Toronto Awaba FC 4-1

Valentine FC v Singleton SC 8-0

Maitland FC v Belmont Swansea Utd SC 1-0

Who thinks the comp is going to come down to goal difference and can anyone remember this happening in the past . I will be so upset to lose a comp on goals and not points .

Looking like Swans have secured 3rd spot and great fight developing for the 4th final spot. I would say Westy perhaps to much to get 4th this year after everything they have been through though they are doing well as starting to prove harder to beat with every week.

Singo been big improvement and will think have outside chance and nothing between Cessnock, Thornton & Toronto but if pushed I would say Cessnock or Thornton.

curious_fan
04-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Interesting..

When they say they must meet the current criteria, does that too extend to existing NEWFM clubs meeting the criteria? For eg: Singo have no fence, and thus can't charge admission. Will they be deemed to have not met the criteria, and therefore 3 ZPL teams meeting the criteria will come in, one replacing Singo?

Nope I asked that same question, there was no consideration to any club being demoted in the foreseeable seasons. I guess until they have a full NewFM plus clubs in ZPL who already meet the set criteria there won't be an opportunity/need to demote anyone.

I can't answer why Singleton fence line does not carry on around entire ground, but I don't mind having free entry to their games when I do drive up. And there may be a difference between CAN'T , as they could charge if the put someone on either gate, and a club CHOOSING not to charge. If they decide not too then that isn't not meeting the criteria as no club is forced to charge, maximum prices are set by clubs in agreement with Northern but clubs choose whether or not to charge.

curious_fan
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Who thinks the comp is going to come down to goal difference and can anyone remember this happening in the past . I will be so upset to lose a comp on goals and not points .

Looking like Swans have secured 3rd spot and great fight developing for the 4th final spot. I would say Westy perhaps to much to get 4th this year after everything they have been through though they are doing well as starting to prove harder to beat with every week.

Singo been big improvement and will think have outside chance and nothing between Cessnock, Thornton & Toronto but if pushed I would say Cessnock or Thornton.

Not game to try and predict scores for weekend.

Gut feeling is it won't be goal difference, I can see someone pulling off an unexpected result in the final rounds against one of the top 2. Maybe not an upset win, maybe just a timely draw to really put the pressure on both of them for those final few games of the season.

Final 4 , I will come out now and say Grand Final will be whomever comes 1st and Belswans. Whichever side loses the Minor I think will be very hard pushed to back up against Belswans in semi's and the GF... well anything is possible.

outdated
05-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Interesting..

Singo do have fence. you obvoioiusly have not been there this season.

outdated
05-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Ok predictions for the weekend

Will be interesting to see what ZPL teams back it up now and a real positive for both ZPL and NewFm and NPl for that matter if there is now a clear pathway for ambitious teams to progress to the top.

West Wallsend SFC v Thornton Redbacks FC 2-4

Cessnock City FC v Toronto Awaba FC 4-1

Valentine FC v Singleton SC 8-0

Maitland FC v Belmont Swansea Utd SC 1-0

Thornton 5-0
valo 6-1
cessnock 3-3
maitland 4-0

pv4
05-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Singo do have fence. you obvoioiusly have not been there this season.

You can walk into the field without going through a gate or fence.

outdated
05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
not true pv4. There are 2 entry points and both have gates. singo don't collect money at entry (by choice). Southy has 2 access points as do belswans and valo.

outdated
05-07-2014, 12:34 PM
totally wrong. All entries have gates. the fact that singo choses not to charge at the gate is their business. Valo, however can be accessed without going through a gate or fence. so can belswans and southy

outdated
05-07-2014, 02:17 PM
thornton v westy
19s 0-1 :(

outsider
05-07-2014, 06:20 PM
thornton v westy
19s 0-1 :(

23's 0-3
1st 1-7

pv4
05-07-2014, 06:33 PM
23's 0-3
1st 1-7

Is that 1-7 in westys favour?

outsider
05-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Unlikely

outdated
05-07-2014, 10:02 PM

Thornton up---all class

seldom
05-07-2014, 10:47 PM
not true pv4. There are 2 entry points and both have gates. singo don't collect money at entry (by choice). Southy has 2 access points as do belswans and valo.

U know alot bout singo..bein from thornton and all... I think everyone realised who u are when u pushed for Bailey to b coach of the year. Sad sack ex preso tryin to get his son a raise from my info

punter
05-07-2014, 11:37 PM
U know alot bout singo..bein from thornton and all... I think everyone realised who u are when u pushed for Bailey to b coach of the year. Sad sack ex preso tryin to get his son a raise from my info

Who's his son... Not the grub who plays up front

The Postman
06-07-2014, 09:31 AM
You know it's a quiet season when the entry points to Singo's field is a topic of such heated debate.

Toronto v Cessnock
19s 0-4
23s 2-1
Firsts 2-0

Toronto have something like 9-10 first graders out injured, which has left the last few weeks with about 33 players to select in all 3 grades.

A gutsy win you could say, both teams had their chances though, Cessnock hit the cross bar and came close several times.

NewFM 2014
06-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Anyone know the Maitland v Swans score please

Reds Forever
06-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Maitland 4-1 in firsts. BelSwans 2-0 in reserves and Maitland 3-1 in 19's.

NewFM 2014
07-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Maitland 4-1 in firsts. BelSwans 2-0 in reserves and Maitland 3-1 in 19's.

Good result for Maitland as I thought something might give in that match. So it goes on another week and looking at games for weekend ahead it would appear this weeks pressure is again on Maitland compared to Valo's game.

NewFM 2014
07-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Should add that I think both teams are deserving of promotion and would be a welcome addition to NPL. The game I watched yesterday in NPL was terrible and I think both Valo and Maitland would compete a level up with these teams but just a pity Northern NSW dont think an increase in teams in top division is way ahead.

curious_fan
08-07-2014, 10:55 AM
Good result for Maitland as I thought something might give in that match. So it goes on another week and looking at games for weekend ahead it would appear this weeks pressure is again on Maitland compared to Valo's game.

In say this I am not trying to disrespect the guys at Westy who stepped in and saved the club this season.

I think Valo will be feeling the pressure in the scoreboard rather than points, knowing that GD could still play a real part, the pressure will be on to set a bar they hope Maitland can't match when they play Westy in a few weeks.

Valo have scored about half their total goals against Westy but Maitland haven't matched those scores when they played them so Valo will be under the pump to get a good increase in GD this Sat at Wembley.

Elude
10-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Great weekend of footy ahead,

Westy and Valo (Valo)
Cessnock and Singo (draw)
Stags and Dwans (stags upset)
Pies and Redbacks (draw or a Thornton upset would be nice)

What's everyone's predictions, semi finals soon and it looks very competitive with Thornton putting the pressure on Belmont but really it could be anyone's spot still. Great season of footy.

NewFM 2014
11-07-2014, 04:41 PM
Great weekend of footy ahead,

Westy and Valo (Valo)
Cessnock and Singo (draw)
Stags and Dwans (stags upset)
Pies and Redbacks (draw or a Thornton upset would be nice)

What's everyone's predictions, semi finals soon and it looks very competitive with Thornton putting the pressure on Belmont but really it could be anyone's spot still. Great season of footy.

Westy and Valo (Valo)
Cessnock and Singo (Cessnock)
Stags and Dwans (Belswans)
Pies and Redbacks (Maitland)

The Postman
13-07-2014, 08:34 AM
Surely someone from NNSW is having a laugh with that Singo v Cessnock score?

Singo 6-5 Cessnock

Anyone see the shooting gallery?

outsider
13-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Surely someone from NNSW is having a laugh with that Singo v Cessnock score?

Singo 6-5 Cessnock

Anyone see the shooting gallery?

Must have been a lot of own goals

outdated
13-07-2014, 06:58 PM
maitland 1 thornton 0

RedMexican
14-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Ventured out at watched pies vs thornton yesterday.

First thing that court my attention was the thornton u19 coach giving his keeper an absolute bollocking and shouting "what the f***ing hell is he taking the goal kicks for he cant get it past f***ing halfway" i mean fair enough thinking but theres no need to shout it and i heard it clearly 30m away" which is thought wasnt neccasary.

Secondly can anyone tell me if people are defending the valo forwards how they are the maitland forwards.
Toronton played 6-3-1 and thornton done the same thing yesterday. Having atleast 2 players on ben martin and luke lawless at all times. Shitty way to play football but its certainly drying the goals up.

NewFM 2014
14-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Ventured out at watched pies vs thornton yesterday.

First thing that court my attention was the thornton u19 coach giving his keeper an absolute bollocking and shouting "what the f***ing hell is he taking the goal kicks for he cant get it past f***ing halfway" i mean fair enough thinking but theres no need to shout it and i heard it clearly 30m away" which is thought wasnt neccasary.

Secondly can anyone tell me if people are defending the valo forwards how they are the maitland forwards.
Toronton played 6-3-1 and thornton done the same thing yesterday. Having atleast 2 players on ben martin and luke lawless at all times. Shitty way to play football but its certainly drying the goals up.

Took the chance myself to go watch Maitland as was up in hunter valley in the evening and must admit I thought the same thing .

Thornton never looked like taking the game to Maitland and but for a late chance that could have been a real coup for valo the home team just wanted to sit with everyone behind the ball which surprised me given they have gotten themselves into a finals position

Going to be a cracking game in two weeks and probably valo's biggest game in a few years and guess what !!!! I am meant to be on a night shift rota which sucks

RedMexican
14-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Took the chance myself to go watch Maitland as was up in hunter valley in the evening and must admit I thought the same thing .

Thornton never looked like taking the game to Maitland and but for a late chance that could have been a real coup for valo the home team just wanted to sit with everyone behind the ball which surprised me given they have gotten themselves into a finals position

Going to be a cracking game in two weeks and probably valo's biggest game in a few years and guess what !!!! I am meant to be on a night shift rota which sucks

ive only watched valo once and that was when maitland beat valo 4-1 on a cold wednesday night, maitland have a huge 2 weeks coming up with singleton and then westy with valo's goal difference being quiet large.

i honestly believe on their day maitland are unbeatable in newfm and i really hope for the sake of football in the greater maitland area they do with the junior system and club culture they have in place it is a well deserved promotion if they are successful.

but 3 weeks time everyone should get to cook sqaure watch a cracking game

pv4
15-07-2014, 10:02 AM

It'll be interesting to see whether the Maitland coach(es) have a Plan B to combat this structure that other teams are using against them. Obviously the head-to-head game of Phoenix v Maitland has to be the biggest game coming up for them, but they still probably need to overturn this goal difference.

I'd be more than happy if either Maitland or Phoenix went up - they're both great teams and seem to be run as clubs pretty well. From what I've seen though, I'd say I think Maitland have a better squad and would be better suited to NBN. But there's not much between them from what I've seen.

Turks
15-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Valo would have to have a better squad, wouldn't they? Undefeated in 23's?

curious_fan
15-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Westy had Valo quite concerned in the first half......... 0-0 un until the 39th minute and if they didn't allow a lapse of concentration with seconds to go would have been only 1-0 down at half time after missing a great chance themselves.

If I read their formation right they played 3 in the backline one of which was sweeping, 2 def mids, 3 mids who played a compact group and two forwards who played very wide on each side.
Quite a decision with 3 in the backline considering they were against the top scoring side. It worked though, Valo's full backs were reluctant to come forward because of how wide Westy's forwards played, the two centre backs marked up well and the midfield numbers meant Valo couldn't play that short passing movement style.

Fitness eventually took its toll and Valo got control and holes appeared but it was enjoying able at times to see a club leading the comp (players and esp the coaches) becoming so frustrated during that first half.

What was most noticeable was the total lack of anyone not a player of committee member at the ground. No one has to know the gate numbers to see it was by far the poorest turn out at a game at the ground all year. Very disappointing to see a possible premiership title club having such apathy in terms of supporters.

curious_fan
15-07-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd be more than happy if either Maitland or Phoenix went up - they're both great teams and seem to be run as clubs pretty well. From what I've seen though, I'd say I think Maitland have a better squad and would be better suited to NBN. But there's not much between them from what I've seen.

Assuming both teams kept those same squads I think Maitland would be the more competitive of the two moving directly in NBN, and I would like to see for geographic reasons them in the NBN comp.

But of course that's the huge unknown with promotion, players level of commitment, ages, work, payments expectations, new players willing to come to a club, the point system now in place.

seldom
15-07-2014, 01:36 PM

Don't know much about Valo but have seen Maitlands playing roster and can understand why the weaker clubs pack their defence a little. You seem worried that Maitland are going to miss relegation on goal difference when really they should be focusing on a way to beat Valo.

RedMexican
15-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't know much about Valo but have seen Maitlands playing roster and can understand why the weaker clubs pack their defence a little. You seem worried that Maitland are going to miss relegation on goal difference when really they should be focusing on a way to beat Valo.

Absolutely understandable as to why lower sides were stacking the defensive line.

Comes across that way yes. Not that i ment for it to.

i believe that the coaching staff at maitland will find a way.

curious_fan
16-07-2014, 11:00 AM
Any word on final series venue yet?

If I read draw thee right way it is home/away again for semi finals but can't see anywhere that the Grand Final has been announced.

If it goes outside NewFM the clubs should demand someones head, maybe I am being cynical but if Magic's names get mentioned I will boycott the remainder of the season. New Fm should not be here to full NBN clubs coffers, they have already been doing that most years in State Cup matches.

curious_fan
18-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Any word on final series venue yet?

To answer my own question ADAMSTOWN.......... so yet again NewFm money will go outside our own clubs and be handed to a NBN club. And the reasons....... while they are good enough to play on all year our grounds/facilites are not up to scratch.

Grandstand and Covered seating to be exact......... ever hard of a damn marquee if the weather looks bad Northern?????? And be honest, if its raining on GF day crowds will be down grand stand or not you short sighted wombats.

Hope they don't mind my saying but just got told by some of Westy's committee about this (it was announced this afternoon) and they are some very pissed off people as I am sure others around clubs will be this weekend. I'd suggest Eland not pick this weekend to turn up at a New FM game expecting any free food.

EH9
18-07-2014, 06:06 PM
To answer my own question ADAMSTOWN.......... so yet again NewFm money will go outside our own clubs and be handed to a NBN club. And the reasons....... while they are good enough to play on all year our grounds/facilites are not up to scratch.

Grandstand and Covered seating to be exact......... ever hard of a damn marquee if the weather looks bad Northern?????? And be honest, if its raining on GF day crowds will be down grand stand or not you short sighted wombats.

Hope they don't mind my saying but just got told by some of Westy's committee about this (it was announced this afternoon) and they are some very pissed off people as I am sure others around clubs will be this weekend. I'd suggest Eland not pick this weekend to turn up at a New FM game expecting any free food.

Agree totally. Ridiculous situation in my opinion. There are more than enough grounds suitable in the league to host such an event.

namwob99
18-07-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm sure a Zone League final will soften the blow a little. Not as big an event but still better than a kick in the teeth!!

Zico
18-07-2014, 08:54 PM

Agree 100% with you on this. The Fed have this wrong and it should have gone to an NEWFM Club. If I was a supporter of Westy, Maitland, Toronto or Valo then I'd be filthy at this decision.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-07-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm sure a Zone League final will soften the blow a little. Not as big an event but still better than a kick in the teeth!!

And then the poor old Zone League clubs miss out on revenue for their showpiece event.

pv4
19-07-2014, 08:59 AM
How much more grandstand and covered seating does Atown have as opposed to Cessnock, Toronto, Maitland & Westy?

Beast
19-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Just shows Northern only interested in NPL and see NEWFM as a cash cow. So when there new facility opens will all finals be played there meaning clubs will miss out completely and they take all the coin.

GO AWAY
19-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Toronto is the obvious choice IMO, pretty sure they going to be a neutral venue, most grandstand seating in the comp, surface is excellent this year, with the oversowing of rye grass, miles of room for marquees, new canteen facilities plenty of warm up area close by to the dressing sheds, the whole package, once again NNSW foul up.......... someone please tell me whats wrong with Lyall Peacock.

GO AWAY
19-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Just shows Northern only interested in NPL and see NEWFM as a cash cow. So when there new facility opens will all finals be played there meaning clubs will miss out completely and they take all the coin.\

Im sure magic wont allow

The Postman
19-07-2014, 12:21 PM
I assume the reason Lyall is a no go is because is because of the Scorps. I just had a gander at the Newcastle RL draw and its more than likely they will have a Major or Minor Semi on the Saturday or Sunday.

We all know in Toronto, Rugby League is more important than Football unfortunately.

outdated
20-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Thornton0-0 Toronto

seldom
21-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Thornton0-0 Toronto

give us a summary champ...lol

NewFM 2014
21-07-2014, 10:11 AM
If true that Adamstown have our grand final I think that is a poor decision by Northern . If there was no grounds for a current newfm team to be able to host such an occasion then yes I would agree but this i believe not to be the case.

I have been to Toronoto and they could host , I have been to Maitland and they could host , I have been to West Wallsend and they could host and never been to Cessnock but many on here are saying they could host.

On football matters it is going to be a lot at stake at Maitland V Valentine this weekend and looking very much like winner takes all. Do to work sunday but starting to feel a little ill and might not make work this weekend Ha Ha

newi24-2-08
21-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Maitland yesterday against Singo

19s 6-1
22s 8-0
1sts 4-1

Newsfeed
21-07-2014, 10:03 PM
Adamstown to host Newfm grandfinal & WPL semis & grandfinal.
Confirmed by Northern this afternoon

punter
22-07-2014, 12:46 AM
If true that Adamstown have our grand final I think that is a poor decision by Northern . If there was no grounds for a current newfm team to be able to host such an occasion then yes I would agree but this i believe not to be the case.

I have been to Toronoto and they could host , I have been to Maitland and they could host , I have been to West Wallsend and they could host and never been to Cessnock but many on here are saying they could host.

On football matters it is going to be a lot at stake at Maitland V Valentine this weekend and looking very much like winner takes all. Do to work sunday but starting to feel a little ill and might not make work this weekend Ha Ha

What involvement have you at valo newfm, supporter or player?

NewFM 2014
22-07-2014, 12:47 PM
What involvement have you at valo newfm, supporter or player?

Just a supporter really but probably been to more games than usual this year as my little boy playing for youth .

Imyourhero
24-07-2014, 08:33 PM
So what's everyone's thoughts on the big game this weekend? Personally I'd like to see maitland get the win and set themselves up for the promotion HOWEVER I think if the past statistics say anything, sadly, maitland seem to fall short in the big crucial matches. So I see valo getting up. I'll tip 3-1

RedMexican
24-07-2014, 09:43 PM
So what's everyone's thoughts on the big game this weekend? Personally I'd like to see maitland get the win and set themselves up for the promotion HOWEVER I think if the past statistics say anything, sadly, maitland seem to fall short in the big crucial matches. So I see valo getting up. I'll tip 3-1

statistics show yes maitland do fall short, but i honestly hope that this is their year. the area needs an npl side. tipping 2-0 to the pies

Cunning stunts
25-07-2014, 11:39 AM
everyones thought for sundays match is it one of if not the biggest game for the comp in the last few seasons

Maitland to go down 1-0 early to eventually win 3-1

pv4
25-07-2014, 11:46 AM
It'll be interesting to see whether Phoenix play their usual game, and attack and retain possession, or whether they'll go super defensive and hold out for the draw and then take the comp of goal difference. Lower teams have shown that Maitland haven't had their usual goal-scoring ability when facing up against man-marking defenders - I wonder whether Valentine will attempt to perform a similar shutout as a draw should be enough for them. Anyone know of any player ins/outs for either team?

Wish I could get there to watch this one. Like I said earlier in this thread - I think Maitland have a better team and deserve promotion just a little more than Phoenix do, but I'll be happy for either team to get promoted as they're both great.

Stevey G
25-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Maitland "as per your program", 100% and raring to go. Should be a good clash.
I think the crowd for old boys day will get the pies home.

Newy
26-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Just heard due to the rain good chance game will be off....

The Postman
27-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Toronto v Singo is off .... Called last night after they saw the state of the ground after the Rugby League was finished with it.

sancho_theswan
27-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Good luck to all teams today. However, hope all goes good up Maitland way and those Magpies go crazy this afternoon. Liking the idea of these local derbys happening…. at least for another season. NO I don't believe or agree that two teams should/will be promoted!

BP Super Dynamos
27-07-2014, 04:40 PM
0-0 @ half-time Bel Swans v Thornton. Very little to report in a scrappy 1st half. Have heard Maitland are up 1-0

Bremsstrahlung
27-07-2014, 05:02 PM
2-0 maitland so far

Bremsstrahlung
27-07-2014, 05:25 PM
2-0 full time. Maitlands promotion to lose

BP Super Dynamos
27-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Bel Swans v Thornton finished 1-1. Pretty ordinary match which only livened up after Thornton scored against the run of play about 20mins into the 2nd half

Imyourhero
27-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Glad to see Maitland shake off their past big game demons although their job isn't done they've got a few games to hold out. On to the game itself and I must say that at the end of the day Maitland absolutely dominated Valo, they weren't near the same class of team as each other today.

sancho_theswan
27-07-2014, 08:46 PM
What a brilliant result for you "Magpie Mullets" today. Please don't stuff things up in the last 3 games will yas. I'll be luvin the local derbies next year, stayin nestled atop me dugout, not flying home against the wind from wind-blown Cooks Square and not havin to cuss that Juddy bloke for being a "prick" when he scores against us haha. Shit I hope the Broadley boys don't aren't going to switch to Cessnock. Lakes is a lot better flight for me.

sancho_theswan
27-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Agreed… BelSwans dominated the first 60 mins. BelSwans let the game slip with some very poor finishing, went down 1-0 and rescued the game in the final minutes with a Joel Shearer goal. Why did the BelSwans central defender camp himself in the Thornton half for the last 10 mins?????

NewFM 2014
28-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Well done to Maitland . I was not at the game but have heard from many that it was a very accurate reflection on the game and the better team won on the day.

It will now be interesting to see how both teams react over the final few weeks as the hunter now becomes the hunted.

newi24-2-08
28-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Great game yesterday. Maitland were very impressive and have to say if they play like that in NPL next year they will be very competitive.

Massive crowd up there as well which is always a good sign

Mitchy
28-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Bit of a shame with the day they hosted and the big crowd that they won't be getting the Grand Final if they finish first..

Stevey G
28-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Maitland completely dominated not only the First grade game but the day as a whole.
19s wrapped up the premiership with a 6-0 win
23s handed valo their first loss of the season 2-1
1sts showed why they now sit on top of the table.
Huge effort from the entire club on and off the pitch.
Showed NNSW that their decision to take away the grand final from Maitland and instead host it in newy was not justified.
Maitland is well run organisation and the day they put on was a massive success.

wazza
28-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Bit of a shame with the day they hosted and the big crowd that they won't be getting the Grand Final if they finish first..

why?

namwob99
28-07-2014, 07:39 PM
How could they be taking it away when they never had it in the first place?

Zico
28-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Heard there was around 1,000 people at the Maitland v Valo game? Can anybody that went to the game confirm this? If it's true thats a huge crowd for the NPL let alone the 1st division.

Do Maitland always have a large following or was this just a big crowd for the big game? Have also heard Valo have no support so it's a big thing for Maitland as a club if true.

pv4
29-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Heard there was around 1,000 people at the Maitland v Valo game? Can anybody that went to the game confirm this? If it's true thats a huge crowd for the NPL let alone the 1st division.

Do Maitland always have a large following or was this just a big crowd for the big game? Have also heard Valo have no support so it's a big thing for Maitland as a club if true.

I'm led to believe it was old boys day.

curious_fan
29-07-2014, 09:15 AM
How could they be taking it away when they never had it in the first place?

Well not from an exact club but at the previous Competition Meeting Northern representitives were asked directly by multiple clubs if the grand final was to be held at a NewFM club and the response was that was Northern's intention to continue NewFM grand finals at NewFM clubs.

To then use covered seating as the reason for sending to an NBN club, and Adamstown at that, just cries of Northern continuing to care about only one competition. I wonder how many phone calls it took Adamstown crying poor to Eland before they decided to turn their back on the NewFM clubs.

curious_fan
29-07-2014, 09:17 AM

I can confirm that Valo have little support. Saw the Westy v Valo game and for kick off of first grade Valentine had basically some stragglers from other grades remain and some officials. And at that point they were competition leaders. It was a bit pathetic really, not even their other grades showed much interest.

Beast
29-07-2014, 10:09 AM
1000 people prob close to the mark, definitely a lot more than I was expecting. Street, car park and grassed area full. both sidelines basically shoulder to shoulder and change room end pretty much the same. Good game and good atmosphere, Maitland certainly put in a lot of work to make it a big day. Glad the ref wasn't the center of attention and even the linesman had a sense of humor.

MFKS
29-07-2014, 10:58 AM
1000 people prob close to the mark, definitely a lot more than I was expecting. Street, car park and grassed area full. both sidelines basically shoulder to shoulder and change room end pretty much the same. Good game and good atmosphere, Maitland certainly put in a lot of work to make it a big day. Glad the ref wasn't the center of attention and even the linesman had a sense of humor.

So if it is packed as you say it was and they only had 1000 how could they hope to host the GF.???

Pretty certain there was a lot more than 1k at last years New FM GF at Adamstown.

THE GF's should be at the best facilities possible. Northern should be spreading them NBN NEW FM ZPL etc around to the NPL sides as they have the best facilities.

It shouldn't be at Adamstown though as Weston Magic Jaffas have way better facilities and ain't hosting it

Absolute garbage a club should host the GF cause they had a good year.

Imyourhero
29-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Atowns pitch is horrendous atm too, luckily it should be a week of good weather.
My only question in regards to the GF is how are the gate/canteen takings treated. IMO apart from $ to cover the costs to Atown on the day no profit should be sent their way. Assuming gate takings may go to northern also? Canteen profits should A. be given as prize money to promotion winner OR gf winner. B. spread evenly between the 2 final contenders or C. spread evenly between all teams in the competition.
As I said though I don't know how it actually is that's just my opinion.

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Atowns pitch is horrendous atm too, luckily it should be a week of good weather.
My only question in regards to the GF is how are the gate/canteen takings treated. IMO apart from $ to cover the costs to Atown on the day no profit should be sent their way. Assuming gate takings may go to northern also? Canteen profits should A. be given as prize money to promotion winner OR gf winner. B. spread evenly between the 2 final contenders or C. spread evenly between all teams in the competition.
As I said though I don't know how it actually is that's just my opinion.

We've had this discussion in the NPL/NBN thread for years.
The general response there: Best facility so they should be rewarded.

However, in reality, I think gate takings go to NNSW.
And canteen profits would go to Adamstown, since they are the ones catering. Suggestions were made that each club offers volunteers and split the spoils.

I think it is beneficial that these games be played at a top class venue. I remember the first time I played at Lakes as a junior and i was in Awe of the whole experience. I think players would have the same appreciation playing at one of these grounds.

However the issue of $$ is a big one. I agree, it doesn't seem fair for a NPL club to take advantage of NEWFM Grand Final day.

In my opinion. Host it at a good venue. Host club is compensated and profits capped. Extra profits shared among grand finalists or clubs who help on the day.

Stevey G
29-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I dont think anyone is going to be in awe of playing at Adamstown...... they did it all for the last 5-6 years, its not like its a top class facility.

Leftback at Home
29-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Time to move on people - If I was playing in it I wouldn't care where it was and I sure as hell don't care who gets what $ from it.

MFKS
29-07-2014, 01:05 PM
We've had this discussion in the NPL/NBN thread for years.
The general response there: Best facility so they should be rewarded.

However, in reality, I think gate takings go to NNSW.
And canteen profits would go to Adamstown, since they are the ones catering. Suggestions were made that each club offers volunteers and split the spoils.

I think it is beneficial that these games be played at a top class venue. I remember the first time I played at Lakes as a junior and i was in Awe of the whole experience. I think players would have the same appreciation playing at one of these grounds.

However the issue of $$ is a big one. I agree, it doesn't seem fair for a NPL club to take advantage of NEWFM Grand Final day.

In my opinion. Host it at a good venue. Host club is compensated and profits capped. Extra profits shared among grand finalists or clubs who help on the day.

Some good points.

Disagree about rewarding the competing clubs in the GF a Financial boost.
Take the NEWFM the competitiveness of the comp is a joke. Maitland and Valo and then daylight BelSwans Daylight More Daylight etc. The comp needs to be a bit more competitive and giving money to the top clubs ain't helping this.

To my way of thinking the money should from Canteen should be controlled. Handing it to Clubs is stupid as it just then ends up in paying playing squads next year.

Money should be put into subsidising Coaching/Refereeing Courses etc or Northern should be doling it out on Capital Works projects to improve standards of grounds for better lighting drainage seating roofing toilets etc etc so the Clubs grounds actually advance instead of rotting away

late_to_the_game
29-07-2014, 01:32 PM
Got To ask, how is the Jaffas facility better than Adamstowns? magic - easy, Weston - bigger grandstand.....

MFKS
29-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Got To ask, how is the Jaffas facility better than Adamstowns? magic - easy, Weston - bigger grandstand.....

Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down. Considering the history and size of Rosebuds they should have acquired a much better facility for themselves over the years than the run down place they have.

Lakes is another shocker. All those years there and the place is still a dive

Thomas477
29-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down. Considering the history and size of Rosebuds they should have acquired a much better facility for themselves over the years than the run down place they have.

Lakes is another shocker. All those years there and the place is still a dive

Jaffas shouldn't host a NPL/NEWFM GF for a while, as much as I'm a Jaffas fan. The site simply isn't big enough, compared to either Darling St or Magic, for example.

TXK
29-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down.

Cannot agree here whatsoever.

I will give people that Magic has a better facility and I would be throwing Edgeworth in there too (obviously already having NPL GF would disqualify it from having NewFM as well). But no way does Lambton have a better facility than Adamstown.

late_to_the_game
29-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down.

Reminds me of that old line, are your eyes painted on?
The whole grandstand was rebuilt about 6 years ago......

Play feet
29-07-2014, 04:20 PM
'Grand stand is dated and full of termites add in the place is just old and run down.'

Yea termites love chewing on concrete...

MFKS
29-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Reminds me of that old line, are your eyes painted on?
The whole grandstand was rebuilt about 6 years ago......

Glad to see they got value for money.

The ground is only marginally better than the Chicken Coop.

With all the Money Rosebuds have had over the years they have very little to show for it

late_to_the_game
29-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Glad to see they got value for money.

The ground is only marginally better than the Chicken Coop.

With all the Money Rosebuds have had over the years they have very little to show for it

Need a bit of a history lesson do we?
Yes they had a licensed club at one point - now owned by Con. Lost it largely (from what I have been told) trying to stay in the NSL on player payments.

curious_fan
30-07-2014, 04:09 PM
Time to move on people - If I was playing in it I wouldn't care where it was and I sure as hell don't care who gets what $ from it.

Then I would suggest you are one of the many short sighted persons who take the competitions, grounds and clubs that have been built up for granted.

Go and ask you own club if they would like and extra $4-5,000 cash in the bank for one days work? What could they do with it?

It words like yours that allows Northern to continue to treat clubs like a means to an end and not as an equal partner in the game

pv4
30-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Jaffas shouldn't host a NPL/NEWFM GF for a while, as much as I'm a Jaffas fan. The site simply isn't big enough, compared to either Darling St or Magic, for example.

In recent years I've been to ID2s Grand Finals at Lakes, Westy & Hamilton. And I would probably put them in that order as to which fields out of them I'd choose for a NPL/NEWFM final, after Bmeadow & Edgy.

I haven't spent enough time at Atown or Lambton to really know about them, but I'd probably consider all the above options before choosing either of those TBH.

Leftback at Home
30-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Yes they probably would like it but the vast majority of clubs have next to no chance of every getting the rights to host such an event. It becomes tideous watching as the vested few hijack this forum bagging rivaly clubs facilities to kingdom come to justify their own claims to the bounty or point of view. It is like watching a pack of stray dogs fighting over the megre scraps offered in the over tipped rubbish bin. If you were all about being an equal partner in the game surely NNSW should foot the bill and the profits be shared equally amongst the clubs within the competition. It's not, & I don't see many advocates for it, so therefore I have no interest, nor do I have an interest in reading constant posts of bellyaching, excuses and criticising others.

hawk
30-07-2014, 10:41 PM
In recent years I've been to ID2s Grand Finals at Lakes, Westy & Hamilton. And I would probably put them in that order as to which fields out of them I'd choose for a NPL/NEWFM final, after Bmeadow & Edgy.

I haven't spent enough time at Atown or Lambton to really know about them, but I'd probably consider all the above options before choosing either of those TBH.

L1 have been at Lambton for the last 2? years. its ok. adamstown often hosted NewFM. Its very good especially as the crowd can spread around 4 the sides unlike Darling st. Not sure what players would pref to play on.

Imyourhero
31-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Can maitland finally maintain consistency and put away 3 wins to clinch promotion?

BlueandWhiteArmy
31-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Can maitland finally maintain consistency and put away 3 wins to clinch promotion?
Westy will take them out

Imyourhero
31-07-2014, 03:23 PM
haha would westy rather see valo or maito go up though

punter
31-07-2014, 11:10 PM
haha would westy rather see valo or maito go up though

I would of thought that reading posts over the years that the majority here don't like valo or Cahill oval so IDE say maitland.
What is it about valo that people don't like?

punter
31-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Yes they probably would like it but the vast majority of clubs have next to no chance of every getting the rights to host such an event. It becomes tideous watching as the vested few hijack this forum bagging rivaly clubs facilities to kingdom come to justify their own claims to the bounty or point of view. It is like watching a pack of stray dogs fighting over the megre scraps offered in the over tipped rubbish bin. If you were all about being an equal partner in the game surely NNSW should foot the bill and the profits be shared equally amongst the clubs within the competition. It's not, & I don't see many advocates for it, so therefore I have no interest, nor do I have an interest in reading constant posts of bellyaching, excuses and criticising others.
Best thing I've read on here for a long while, well said left back.
All clubs have good and bad so why not focus on the good.
Some clubs might not look like magic on the out side but might have people at the club of other things that make them a club you would love to be involved with... Talk about that stuff not the negative shit.

wazza
31-07-2014, 11:44 PM
I would of thought that reading posts over the years that the majority here don't like valo or Cahill oval so IDE say maitland.
What is it about valo that people don't like?
maybe you could tell us? from what i see people got noting against valo but realise how long maito have been working for this.

curious_fan
01-08-2014, 01:09 PM
maybe you could tell us? from what i see people got noting against valo but realise how long maito have been working for this.

I'd agree, thats what makes my preference Maitland. Not that I have any issues with Valentine (although low support is disappointing) but I want to see the Maitland area have a side at the top level.

Is it a perfect trade losing a north end of the lake club out of it for a Maitland club , maybe maybe not but for hundreds of kids from Beresfield to Rutherford and beyond I think it gives a better link to wanting to reach that top level. And fr parents too not having to commit to 30-40 min drives to get their child into a NPL squad, which not all families can manage to do.

punter
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I'd agree, thats what makes my preference Maitland. Not that I have any issues with Valentine (although low support is disappointing) but I want to see the Maitland area have a side at the top level.

Is it a perfect trade losing a north end of the lake club out of it for a Maitland club , maybe maybe not but for hundreds of kids from Beresfield to Rutherford and beyond I think it gives a better link to wanting to reach that top level. And fr parents too not having to commit to 30-40 min drives to get their child into a NPL squad, which not all families can manage to do.

Isn't it the same for all the kids and parents from caves beach, Swansea, manering point etc

punter
01-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Have maitland really been working for a promotion. Like seriously have they.
Who have they signed or chased before say last year when Ben Martin and the keeper went there?
If they wanted to be promoted quicker do what Phoenix jaffas and lakes have done over the past 10 years and spend big and sign big name players like wheelhouse or gumprete or Wilson and Hodgson.
No disrespect to the maitland team but would magic, jaffas, edgy or Olympic chase any of there players.
Maybe woodsy but Ben Martin was only a fringe player at edgy and in 23's at magic.
For the record I think they both, maitland and valo deserve to go up but who ever does will be straight back down if they don't go out spending the big coin.

pv4
01-08-2014, 02:50 PM
If they wanted to be promoted quicker do what Phoenix jaffas and lakes have done over the past 10 years and spend big and sign big name players like wheelhouse or gumprete or Wilson and Hodgson.

2 of those clubs have been relegated since doing so.

punter
01-08-2014, 02:56 PM
2 of those clubs have been relegated since doing so.
The 3rd could also be relegated if the money runs out as well but I did not say that it's a good long term plan but it does get you there quicker.

Imyourhero
01-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Have you considered part of the working hard to get the promotion has included the use of home grown players and NOT just spending big $ to get up quick but drop back down just as quick?

De-Champ
01-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Have you considered part of the working hard to get the promotion has included the use of home grown players and NOT just spending big $ to get up quick but drop back down just as quick?

Just because you are a home grown player does not mean you play for nothing or next to nothing. Home grown players may want big coin too.

newi24-2-08
01-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Maitland will stay up I think. I could name 10 players from the NPL who are based in maitland or have close ties to players in the maitland squad, who would move in a heart beat. The junior base also means there is always going to be an abundance of talent coming through

NewFM 2014
01-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Why people so down on Valo just now ? We have one of the biggest youth programmes in the whole of Northern NSW and contribute so much to the local game and I know that through my little boy being part of that programme. Yet because we dont get a large fan base and people do not enjoy Cahill Oval , which may I add will hopefully change over next year or two we are not wanted in Newcastle football - rather sad.

On the conversation about Maitland I think they would survive in the top league with the current team they have quite easily.

wazza
01-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Why people so down on Valo just now ? We have one of the biggest youth programmes in the whole of Northern NSW and contribute so much to the local game and I know that through my little boy being part of that programme. Yet because we dont get a large fan base and people do not enjoy Cahill Oval , which may I add will hopefully change over next year or two we are not wanted in Newcastle football - rather sad.

On the conversation about Maitland I think they would survive in the top league with the current team they have quite easily.

Strange thing is if the youth is so good why are Maitland winning 19s and Valo coming Last?
My gues is that after Valo got dropped all the youth dropped them too. <Maitland youth have performed like a team looking for new challenges

MFKS
01-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Maitland will stay up I think. I could name 10 players from the NPL who are based in maitland or have close ties to players in the maitland squad, who would move in a heart beat. The junior base also means there is always going to be an abundance of talent coming through
They have been up in the top level before and done nothing so no guarantee to do anything if they get up

Also Kurri isn't that far from Maitland so it ain't like people have to travel the 30-40mins to an NPL club when Weston are a fixture in it

NewFM 2014
01-08-2014, 11:42 PM
Strange thing is if the youth is so good why are Maitland winning 19s and Valo coming Last?
My gues is that after Valo got dropped all the youth dropped them too. <Maitland youth have performed like a team looking for new challenges

I never actually said the youth was so good of you read my post again . I merely said it was a large youth programme .

wazza
02-08-2014, 09:31 AM
I never actually said the youth was so good of you read my post again . I merely said it was a large youth programme .
I understood your original quote. My point is that when a team gets demoted many players abandon the club and seek another NPL club. Yes Valo has a lot of junior teams. There are a lot of junior teams in all areas of the hunter. I think it's irrelevant if 1 club in an area has all the juniors of if there are several clubs in the area. The elite kids will often travel to where they deem their best opportunity is.
Valo are to be be commended on the size of their junior club, but the senior club needs money and/or loyalty.

Retro Jet
02-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Just because you are a home grown player does not mean you play for nothing or next to nothing. Home grown players may want big coin too.

So, how much are players getting in the top 2 comps?
Ball park figures will do...

Bremsstrahlung
02-08-2014, 08:33 PM

i daresay 250-500 per win would cover 90% of players in npl.

there was a rumour doing the rounds that gumprecht at lakes was on ~1000 a game.

Imyourhero
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
anyone know maitland results from today?

Premy
02-08-2014, 09:25 PM
Planning for next year?

The General
02-08-2014, 09:26 PM
anyone know maitland results from today?

Left at 7-0... Heard it was 8?

sancho_theswan
03-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Cessnock v's BelSwans - Saturday, 2nd August.
19's 2-1
23's 0-2
1sts 2-4

punter
03-08-2014, 11:27 PM

Why don't they have no fans if they are the biggest junior club. You need to work on getting the juniors and there family's to the games.
I've heard that the committee are more focused on the juniors and the seniors are not wanted by some committee people. Is that true?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Why don't they have no fans if they are the biggest junior club. You need to work on getting the juniors and there family's to the games.
I've heard that the committee are more focused on the juniors and the seniors are not wanted by some committee people. Is that true?

People may still have some ill will as Phoenix basically overtook the senior club (Valentine Eleebana in the NEWFM) about 8 or so years back to comply with State League rules regarding a Junior base. At the time this disbanded the senior club as there was no place for them (and no desire for the new Phoenix based club to support the players and committee that had been around the club for years).

NewFM 2014
04-08-2014, 08:53 AM

Sorry punter I cannot answer that as I am not really involved in the senior side of the club or on the committee . I do get on well with the committee though and never heard of such a split or heard others mention such a thing so I would be surprised if this was true.

punter
05-08-2014, 12:13 PM
People may still have some ill will as Phoenix basically overtook the senior club (Valentine Eleebana in the NEWFM) about 8 or so years back to comply with State League rules regarding a Junior base. At the time this disbanded the senior club as there was no place for them (and no desire for the new Phoenix based club to support the players and committee that had been around the club for years).

So are you saying all the eleebana players and coaches got moved on, I thought it was a merger and the new club was made up of the best from both previous clubs.
There don't seem to be much involvement from the Phoenix side now and it seems to be all valo people involved.
If this is the case and what you are saying about a Phoenix take over from day one than it appears that there has been a take back.
Funny when you think about it if valo have taken back there club they have also taken it back to where they were. In new fm

rolo
05-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Stockton Sharks will be holding their old boys day this coming Saturday with all proceeds going to a great cause!

Any former Sharks of any form are encouraged to come along and support the day, as well as have a run in the Old Boys Match if theyre brave enough!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2e5pp92.jpg

rolo
05-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Stockton Sharks will be holding their old boys day this coming Saturday with all proceeds going to a great cause!

Any former Sharks of any form are encouraged to come along and support the day, as well as have a run in the Old Boys Match if theyre brave enough!

http://i59.tinypic.com/2e5pp92.jpg

punter
07-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Did singo and Toronto play last night?

Elude
07-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Did singo and Toronto play last night?

I heard singo won but don't know the scores.

pv4
08-08-2014, 02:04 PM
I heard singo won but don't know the scores.

2-1

punter
09-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Any games today

Source
10-08-2014, 07:06 PM

If you look on the club web site you will see that valo shit on the original preso and committee from Phoenix to justify there own existence even in naming life members that made the Phoenix the club it is today , so no wonder they have no supporters.

wannabe
10-08-2014, 08:55 PM
If you look on the club web site you will see that valo shit on the original preso and committee from Phoenix to justify there own existence even in naming life members that made the Phoenix the club it is today , so no wonder they have no supporters.

Agree in full here,they did it to Belmont tingara before they did it to phoenix

punter
10-08-2014, 09:32 PM

Who is responsible for this, who runs valo these days?

punter
10-08-2014, 09:42 PM

The few times I've seen valo play this year when they score it's like no noise what's so ever.
Must be dis heartening that you have no supporters to enjoy your goals you score or your wins.
Don't think I've ever seen a worse supported club.