PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Imyourhero
10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Maitland won again today.
Big promotion game next weekend down at maitland.
With all this talk about supporters it'll be interesting to see how many people turn out for such a huge moment for maitland as a club and town. NBN clubs have a weekend off is that right? Should spark a few extra neutrals to be down there too.

punter
10-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Maitland won again today.
Big promotion game next weekend down at maitland.
With all this talk about supporters it'll be interesting to see how many people turn out for such a huge moment for maitland as a club and town. NBN clubs have a weekend off is that right? Should spark a few extra neutrals to be down there too.

What day next weekend ?

Imyourhero
10-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Sunday 2:30 kickoff

GO AWAY
11-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Great day at Stag Park yesterday for old boys day.....

First Grade 1-0 Toronto Awaba
23s 6-0 Toronto Awaba ( shal up front for westy )

Good to see some old boys up in the newly built facilities watching the games, from Jobe Wheelhouse, Steve and Scott Piggott, David Lowe, Stu Ahrens down from coffs, Dave Hillier down from Bundaberg and others.

Boys have missed the semis but look like finishing fifth, so heaps to build on, keep the coach and the spine of players, get serious about training and we will be better for it next year.

sancho_theswan
11-08-2014, 11:55 AM
A great day at beautiful Blackies Oval yesterday as well. The big crowd for Old Boys were treated to a bit of a goal fest with some bombs being scored.
The day started off with an exciting finish to the U19's game with a last kick winner and a gem of a goal for the BelSwans… hopefully that win should a but seal them a semi finals berth.
A must win game for the U23's and a 6-1 result was welcomed. The lads put on great 2nd half and knocked in 5 goals to put the crowd in the mood for the 1st grade fixture.
Things didn't go to script with BelSwans going down a goal early. Parity was restored with a slick finish from young Timmy Schultz. A second goal followed quickly afterwards off the boot of Matty Carroll following some excellent work and set up by "Winnie the Pouria" who frustrated the opposition and the crowd all game but in the end left the Old Boys tantalised by his footwork and close skill level. The third goal come off the boot of Jaydon Rolla who ventured upfield for a corner kick and found the ball at his feet following a goal mouth scramble. He calmly turned and slotted a nice drive into the onion bag... 3-1 and the boys were coasting. However, Singo never stopped battling and were themselves rewarded by pressuring the BelSwans defence into a mistake and scoring a well finished goal…. 3-2 BelSwans at half time.
After the break a much tighter game followed that became scrappier as the time ticked away. BelSwans went 4-2 up when Jaydon Rolla "cleared out" the six yard box and headed home from a corner kick. The game became a bit of an arm wrestle after that with neither team able to post another goal.
The Old Boys were happy, BelSwans players and coaching staff were pleased with the performances on the day and wins for all three grades ensures "Pizza Night" at Tuesdays training session…. I think there will be good numbers there.
Another good touch on the day was to see the boys and girls from the BelSwans and Swansea Under 8 teams putting their skills and enthusiasm on display well done to those teams as well (too much energy for an Old Swan).

GO AWAY
11-08-2014, 04:35 PM
A great day at beautiful Blackies Oval yesterday as well. The big crowd for Old Boys were treated to a bit of a goal fest with some bombs being scored.
The day started off with an exciting finish to the U19's game with a last kick winner and a gem of a goal for the BelSwans… hopefully that win should a but seal them a semi finals berth.
A must win game for the U23's and a 6-1 result was welcomed. The lads put on great 2nd half and knocked in 5 goals to put the crowd in the mood for the 1st grade fixture.
Things didn't go to script with BelSwans going down a goal early. Parity was restored with a slick finish from young Timmy Schultz. A second goal followed quickly afterwards off the boot of Matty Carroll following some excellent work and set up by "Winnie the Pouria" who frustrated the opposition and the crowd all game but in the end left the Old Boys tantalised by his footwork and close skill level. The third goal come off the boot of Jaydon Rolla who ventured upfield for a corner kick and found the ball at his feet following a goal mouth scramble. He calmly turned and slotted a nice drive into the onion bag... 3-1 and the boys were coasting. However, Singo never stopped battling and were themselves rewarded by pressuring the BelSwans defence into a mistake and scoring a well finished goal…. 3-2 BelSwans at half time.
After the break a much tighter game followed that became scrappier as the time ticked away. BelSwans went 4-2 up when Jaydon Rolla "cleared out" the six yard box and headed home from a corner kick. The game became a bit of an arm wrestle after that with neither team able to post another goal.
The Old Boys were happy, BelSwans players and coaching staff were pleased with the performances on the day and wins for all three grades ensures "Pizza Night" at Tuesdays training session…. I think there will be good numbers there.
Another good touch on the day was to see the boys and girls from the BelSwans and Swansea Under 8 teams putting their skills and enthusiasm on display well done to those teams as well (too much energy for an Old Swan).

How was the intensity sancho, i know two weeks in a row, singo had heated words both on and off the field with Toronto Awaba and Thornton, probably just a coincidence singleton was involved both times.

sancho_theswan
11-08-2014, 08:22 PM
How was the intensity sancho, i know two weeks in a row, singo had heated words both on and off the field with Toronto Awaba and Thornton, probably just a coincidence singleton was involved both times.

All appeared pretty civilised. "Feather" dusters at ten paces!

The Postman
11-08-2014, 11:55 PM
Just have to look at history that certain people at Singo have with the people at Toronto and Thornton, kinda explains it all.

sancho_theswan
15-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Not sure why all last round games aren't being played on the same day and time???
Any reasons.

MFKS
15-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Not sure why all last round games aren't being played on the same day and time???
Any reasons.

Gee they can't get that done in the HAL so why expect Northern to get it done???

Though it must be said it was bizarre the 2nd last round of the NPL had no games on the Saturday and they all kicked off same time Sunday yet the Final Round was all over the place at different times and days

sancho_theswan
15-08-2014, 07:54 PM
I guess that's my point MFKS....I mean that although it saddens me to admit it. I feel Valo are disadvantaged to a degree with this draw. Maitland are holding all the aces in a stacked deck it seems.

wazza
15-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I guess that's my point MFKS....I mean that although it saddens me to admit it. I feel Valo are disadvantaged to a degree with this draw. Maitland are holding all the aces in a stacked deck it seems.
I heard the pitch at valo will be getting rain tonight.

Newsfeed
15-08-2014, 08:37 PM

They would be wanting to play at all costs. Doubt it will be a wash out!

sancho_theswan
15-08-2014, 08:40 PM

You talking "rain" or "water"? It is a beautiful star filled sky down here right now!

MFKS
15-08-2014, 09:55 PM
You talking "rain" or "water"? It is a beautiful star filled sky down here right now!

The old busted sprinkler resulting in localised flooding ploy???

Newsfeed
16-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Law back to Adamstown. Anyone confirm?

Imyourhero
16-08-2014, 12:23 PM
If Law goes to Atown i just really hope Richards doesn't appear back at Maitland if they're promoted, held them back for years IMO

MFKS
16-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Went and watched West Wallsend play Singleton today.

Westy got the win 3-2

Haven't had such a laugh for so long.

Are all the teams at the bottom of the New FM this shit???

Please tell me these blokes ain't getting paid to play also

prawnhead
16-08-2014, 06:21 PM

Westy got the win 3-2

What prompted you to go to the match? Did you stay for the full 90 min?

Newsfeed
16-08-2014, 06:22 PM

Westy got the win 3-2

For a long time, these lower divisions need sorting big time

Imyourhero
16-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Valo 1sts results?

MFKS
16-08-2014, 06:55 PM
What prompted you to go to the match? Did you stay for the full 90 min?

Lack of NPL games.

Yes I stayed the full 90.

Even seen most of the u23's before it which was even ****ing worse the play at times was laughable

prawnhead
16-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Lack of NPL games.

Even seen most of the u23's before it which was even ****ing worse the play at times was laughable

Hardcore supporter.

wazza
16-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Lack of NPL games.

It is New Fm!
how was the refereeing?

MFKS
16-08-2014, 08:39 PM
It is New Fm!
how was the refereeing?
No better

Westy scored from an indirect free kick gifted to them by the ref when the goalkeeper picked up a misplaced pass from a teammate.

When I say misplaced the bloke was over 5 yards from the sideline and about 10 metres out so more or less near the corner post. Tried finding a teammate with a cross the face of goal ball which if played correctly would have found an un marked teammate just at the top of the d.

The bloke ****ed it up and put it near the penalty spot so the keeper claimed it.

Hardly what you would call an intentional back pass as at no stage did his teammate ever try picking the keeper out.

It may well be New FM but expected a bit more than what was dished up. FFS I reckon when I hit 45 years old I could still cut it at that level and i ain't big noting my talents

punter
16-08-2014, 10:38 PM
No better

Westy scored from an indirect free kick gifted to them by the ref when the goalkeeper picked up a misplaced pass from a teammate.

When I say misplaced the bloke was over 5 yards from the sideline and about 10 metres out so more or less near the corner post. Tried finding a teammate with a cross the face of goal ball which if played correctly would have found an un marked teammate just at the top of the d.

The bloke ****ed it up and put it near the penalty spot so the keeper claimed it.

Hardly what you would call an intentional back pass as at no stage did his teammate ever try picking the keeper out.

It may well be New FM but expected a bit more than what was dished up. FFS I reckon when I hit 45 years old I could still cut it at that level and i ain't big noting my talents

Where do u play now mkfs

punter
16-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Were the games played sancho

The Postman
17-08-2014, 08:43 AM
The games at Maitland still on today?

Imyourhero
17-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Game times moved 1st grade at 4pm, 23s at 5:45.

MFKS
17-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Game times moved 1st grade at 4pm, 23s at 5:45.

Sauce

Bremsstrahlung
17-08-2014, 11:46 AM
So Valo won yesterday 3-0. So Maitland need a point.

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Sauce

Yes Fanks

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Where do u play now mkfs

Can I have a guess?

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Were the games played sancho

Yes

19's….. 5-0 BelSwans
23's….. 4-1 Valo
1st's…. 3-0 Valo

GO AWAY
17-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Maitland 2-0 thirty minutes in

wazza
17-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Maitland 2-0 thirty minutes in
RIP Valo
can't see the mighty stags saving you

HashTag
17-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Maitland 8-0 full time

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Congrats to all those associated with Maitland FC. A brilliant season. All the best to the players in the final series and to the club for your venture into the NPL in 2015. Fully deserved.

wazza
17-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Maitland 8-0 full time
Congratulations to Maitland, it's been coming for for a while.
The scoreline today reflects the lack of quality of teams 3-8 in this comp. Valo and Maito have set benchmarks for next season.
I guess next year it'll be valo n lakes fighting it out.

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 08:28 PM
The scoreline today reflects the lack of quality of teams 3-8 in this comp. Valo and Maito have set benchmarks for next season.

HaHaHa

wazza
17-08-2014, 08:44 PM
HaHaHa
sorry Sanch
valo, lakes n swannys

curious_fan
17-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Westy got the win 3-2

West Wallsend have not paid out a cent, not even for players registrations this season. They guys you saw playing put their hands in their own pockets and helped save a club that's over a century old.

You might like to give smart arse comments but I'll support those guys over the dozens taking money from clubs without good reason week in week out in this and NBN without deserving it.

If clubs were more realistic about putting their hard earned canteen and sponsors dollars into venues and development of junior football instead of a few guys pockets for what appears to be no reason all our competitions would be better for it.

And Westy must be doing something right, I spoke with seven players from other clubs (NBN and NewFM) at that game yesterday who intend on trialling for 2015 knowing the same "no pay" rule will be in place.

MFKS
17-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Good on them.

Any club paying players at this level needs shooting.

Any money raised should be going back into coaching and juniors so the playing standards improve and strengthens the club and not into someones pocket.

Westy may be 115 years old or whatever but the predicament they find themselves in is their own doing make no mistake of that

As for the standard I ain't being smart.

I am calling a spade a spade and calling it as it is

The standard is shit.

Premy
17-08-2014, 09:40 PM
West Wallsend have not paid out a cent, not even for players registrations this season. They guys you saw playing put their hands in their own pockets and helped save a club that's over a century old.

You might like to give smart arse comments but I'll support those guys over the dozens taking money from clubs without good reason week in week out in this and NBN without deserving it.

If clubs were more realistic about putting their hard earned canteen and sponsors dollars into venues and development of junior football instead of a few guys pockets for what appears to be no reason all our competitions would be better for it.

And Westy must be doing something right, I spoke with seven players from other clubs (NBN and NewFM) at that game yesterday who intend on trialling for 2015 knowing the same "no pay" rule will be in place.
I'm pretty sure The Member will agree with you as to regards of blokes getting paid to play football and that money being better spent elsewhere.

Premy
17-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Good on them.

Any club paying players at this level needs shooting.

Any money raised should be going back into coaching and juniors so the playing standards improve and strengthens the club and not into someones pocket.

Westy may be 115 years old or whatever but the predicament they find themselves in is their own doing make no mistake of that

As for the standard I ain't being smart.

I am calling a spade a spade and calling it as it is

The standard is shit.
Beat me buy that much

seldom
17-08-2014, 09:45 PM

tbf tho that was tronnas 23s at start of year

ForeverRed
17-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Maybe lakes and valo will become one

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 09:59 PM
sorry Sanch
valo, lakes n swannys
Sorry Wazza but think it a bit stupid to make predictions for 2015 at this stage.

sancho_theswan
17-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Or Valo and Maitland. ...... seeing how nothing ever eventuated with BelSwans. How about Valo and the Marks Point Mullets then FR?????

pv4
17-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Big congrats to the club champions and future NPL club Maitland, you guys deserve it. All the best in NPL.

punter
17-08-2014, 11:26 PM
tbf tho that was tronnas 23s at start of year

IDE agree with that.

The Postman
18-08-2014, 12:05 AM
Well Done Maitland big congrats, been the best club for a couple of years now, well deserved.

And yeah it was basically 8 23s and 3 first graders that started in 1sts. With Injuries to 11 First graders and suspensions to 3 more left us scrapping the barrel, but a good experience for the young boys, bar 4 players everyone was under 20 today. Semis for 23s also a good sign for the clubs future. A fresh team next week will be a good thing for the lads.

Hope Maitland raised a bit of coin for their Breast Cancer charity today, good to see something like that.

punter
18-08-2014, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=The Postman;89054]Well Done Maitland big congrats, been the best club for a couple of years now,

It's taken 12 years to get back up, if they have been the best club they would of been promoted before this.
The best club this year I agree.

The Postman
18-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Hence the "couple", couple being the last 2/3 years where they finished just behind Adamstown and Lambton, if memory serves me correct.

It will be interesting to see what Maitland juniors come back, they should be able to attract some quality players now with a possible new coach too, if you believe NBN news that is. They must have been reading the forum :gent:

ForeverRed
18-08-2014, 07:43 AM
There has been a radio report stating if lakes can't merge with either valo or warners bay they will fold, seems I was right

cobra23
18-08-2014, 10:09 AM
There has been a radio report stating if lakes can't merge with either valo or warners bay they will fold, seems I was right
VALENTINE PHOENIX LAKE MACQUARIE ROOSTERS RANGERS, What a football Club name

MFKS
18-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Hard to get excited about having Maitland in the NPL.

The standard of the New FM is a ****ing disgrace.

Maitland's only challenge was to turn up for 18 weeks and whoop the arse of some clubs who can best be described as a disorgainsed rabble and then turn up 3 other weeks and get the better of results against a side that was piss poorly run in last years NBN and isn't really better run this year.

Even yesterday Maitland should have had to work hard to win the game and claim promotion but were able to coast to a 8-0 win against a club that was decimated with a lack of numbers and any quality to an extent they would have struggled to field 3 grades if required

High Time Northern increased the amount of relegation spots out of this league to actually encourage the ZPL teams to get their shit together to step in and take over from these clubs going nowhere and increase the level of competition in this comp as many of them involved need a foot up the arse so as the NewFM winner actually deserves promotion to the NPL not just gets there because they are better than a pile of crap

newi24-2-08
18-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Hard to get excited about having Maitland in the NPL.

The standard of the New FM is a ****ing disgrace.

Maitland's only challenge was to turn up for 18 weeks and whoop the arse of some clubs who can best be described as a disorgainsed rabble and then turn up 3 other weeks and get the better of results against a side that was piss poorly run in last years NBN and isn't really better run this year.

Even yesterday Maitland should have had to work hard to win the game and claim promotion but were able to coast to a 8-0 win against a club that was decimated with a lack of numbers and any quality to an extent they would have struggled to field 3 grades if required

High Time Northern increased the amount of relegation spots out of this league to actually encourage the ZPL teams to get their shit together to step in and take over from these clubs going nowhere and increase the level of competition in this comp as many of them involved need a foot up the arse so as the NewFM winner actually deserves promotion to the NPL not just gets there because they are better than a pile of crap

Hard to get excited that we have blokes you around football in Newcastle. Ffs these blokes have been working towards this for years. Let them enjoy their success. I can guarentee there will be top players from big NPL teams that will come to maitland next year

MFKS
18-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Hard to get excited that we have blokes you around football in Newcastle. Ffs these blokes have been working towards this for years. Let them enjoy their success. I can guarentee there will be top players from big NPL teams that will come to maitland next year

Despite disagreeing with what i have to say you have nothing to refute my claims that the standard of the NEW FM is a farce and can only resort to taking personal potshots ???

punter
18-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Despite disagreeing with what i have to say you have nothing to refute my claims that the standard of the NEW FM is a farce and can only resort to taking personal potshots ???

I've seen 7 npl games this year and the standard there didn't really do much for me either.
It's park footy FFS mate, of cause the new fm will b lesser standard than npl and zone will be less than new fm, which the big debate kicks in as the zone ppl don't agree with the last comment.
I've seen zone this year as well and maitland would beat all them by 8 as well.
I also went to the game yesterday and it's the best crowd that I've seen all year, double all the npl games I went to so why wouldn't the other clubs want maitland in it if they get that crowd to the games.

Imyourhero
18-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Je-rry! Je-rry!
Seriously but, enough of the arguing crap.
People get your point MFKS, you don't really need to continually post the same thing over and over.
Congrats to Maitland, i've watched them for years and also watch alot of NBN, and yes I agree that 99% of the Newfm is getting poorer each season I also think if you've spent the time to watch Maitland you'd see some of the quality players they have that have had opportunities to play NBN with other clubs every season but have chosen to try and reach that achievement with the club they love, not to mention some of the volunteers behind the scenes. They deserve their promotion, and they deserve to enjoy their time in the NPL, only time will tell how well the club can sustain their newly found position and until then there's no point for anyone to try and bring them down.

seldom
18-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Maitland deserve their promotion not only cause they won the comp but realistically they have the junior base to compete long term. Other clubs would struggle in this regard IMO.

ForeverRed
18-08-2014, 07:58 PM
You heard it here first, Swansea to newfm

seldom
18-08-2014, 08:00 PM

with cooks hill

Premy
18-08-2014, 08:01 PM
You heard it here first, Swansea to newfmThat's what I've heard, also heard Bel-Swans could be relegated if Swansea do come up.

Premy
18-08-2014, 08:04 PM
I think 2nd-4th division there is going to be a bit shakeup, going to be a interesting off season.

Supersub
18-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Heard lakes coach to westy next year

The Postman
18-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Along with Morriset? Going to be a crowded NewFM next year.

The Postman
18-08-2014, 08:20 PM
There's a need for a whole new thread for all these rumours.

punter
18-08-2014, 08:44 PM

Who's ya source?

punter
18-08-2014, 08:45 PM
There's a need for a whole new thread for all these rumours.

Start one

Zico
18-08-2014, 08:46 PM
The NEWFM is looking like a southern lakes comp if all these rumours are true.

Premy
18-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Who's ya source?
I'm not going to mention names but they had a open meeting a few weeks back and they passed a vote to apply for New FM after Northern approached them. My Understanding is that there are a few things they need to sort out before filing the application but a overwhelming majority of the committee are all for it.

Edit: It's the worst kept secret in that part of town.

ForeverRed
18-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Never give up a source

The axe
18-08-2014, 09:22 PM
That's what I've heard, also heard Bel-Swans could be relegated if Swansea do come up.

So... They drop the team that finished third and replace them with a team made up of ex Bel swans players, makes perfect sense.

Premy
18-08-2014, 09:34 PM
So... They drop the team that finished third and replace them with a team made up of ex Bel swans players, makes perfect sense.
I could name about 2 full sides playing across the top 2 grades that have played for Swansea as juniors. For a long time Swansea has lost its best juniors to other clubs and something needs to be done to fix that IMO.
I was told and I'm not sure how true it is but just this year Swansea lost a whole U16s team to Phoenix to play U17s and I was told that team won their comp, if the mass exodus is to stop Swansea needs to be able to offer these types of players a more elite level to complete at.

The axe
18-08-2014, 09:56 PM
So can you confirm Josh Mitchell will sign if they get promoted

namwob99
18-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Will they play out of blacksmiths?

Premy
18-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Will they play out of blacksmiths?
I'm lead to believe they would stay at Chapman Oval and also apply for a ZL2/ZL3 club for the blokes currently playing 3rds & Res

Premy
18-08-2014, 10:05 PM
So can you confirm Josh Mitchell will sign if they get promoted
From China to Chapman

The axe
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm lead to believe they would stay at Chapman Oval and also apply for a ZL2/ZL3 club for the blokes currently playing 3rds & Res no fence at chapman

MFKS
18-08-2014, 10:22 PM
no fence at chapman

To get them to jump up what would it be 2 divisions the rules obviously don't apply anyway. As if a fence would hold this up.

The ridiculous thing is the standards are that shit it shouldn't take long to get up there if they got their act together anyway

Premy
18-08-2014, 10:22 PM
no fence at chapman
Or covered seating but these are the things that are to be worked out in the application.

Premy
18-08-2014, 10:24 PM
To get them to jump up what would it be 2 divisions the rules obviously don't apply anyway. As if a fence would hold this up.

The ridiculous thing is the standards are that shit it shouldn't take long to get up there if they got their act together anyway
Swansea are ZPL (3rd division), Morisset are ZL1 (4th division)

MFKS
18-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Swansea are ZPL (3rd division), Morisset are ZL1 (4th division)My bad I was thinking they were going to NPL for some reason:blush:

De-Champ
19-08-2014, 05:06 PM
My bad I was thinking they were going to NPL for some reason:blush:

The standard is that crap in new fm that it may as well not exist anyway.

Bon
20-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Maitland 8-0 full time

Wow 8-0.. how many did Benny Martin get?

spamg172
20-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Only 1 if that. Dowdell 3, lawless 2, Thompson 1, Kelly (the gk) 1. Missed the other one but probably was BM.

TXK
20-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Only 1 if that. Dowdell 3, lawless 2, Thompson 1, Kelly (the gk) 1. Missed the other one but probably was BM.

Harry Maguire was the other, classy chip at that.

curious_fan
20-08-2014, 11:38 AM

Was chatting with a Rooster this week, they are in the process of appointing next seasons first grade coach, they are already accepting registrations etc for 6 a Side and are actively speaking with this seasons First Grade about next year and actually started doing so the week or so after the final round.

Not really the type of plans a club makes if mergers or folding are possibilities I wouldn't think. But at same time certainly no illusions about what challenges they are facing over next few years on a number of fronts.

curious_fan
20-08-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm not going to mention names but they had a open meeting a few weeks back and they passed a vote to apply for New FM after Northern approached them. My Understanding is that there are a few things they need to sort out before filing the application but a overwhelming majority of the committee are all for it.

Edit: It's the worst kept secret in that part of town.

I asked one of the Secretary's at that NewFM meeting outright. His interpretation of what the meeting discussed was that:

- the current clubs agreed that Northern should investigate the possibility of expanding the number of clubs in NewFm
- that Northern advised the "criteria" would not be compromised for any applicant. The only considerations would be if a club could provide written evidence ground improvements etc were to occur prior to March 2014 then they would accept them as being in place for the purpose of their expression of interest.
- at NO point was it spoken of or discussed any current NewFm side being demoted/regulated or not playing in NewFM in 2015
- and that Northern would consider promoting only a single team if their was only a single suitable expression of interest at this stage.

Expressions of Interest only closed last Friday actually but clubs are hoping any announcement about changes will be made either before or immediately after the Grand Finals so clubs can move forward asap.

sancho_theswan
20-08-2014, 12:01 PM
I asked one of the Secretary's at that NewFM meeting outright. His interpretation of what the meeting discussed was that:

- the current clubs agreed that Northern should investigate the possibility of expanding the number of clubs in NewFm
- that Northern advised the "criteria" would not be compromised for any applicant. The only considerations would be if a club could provide written evidence ground improvements etc were to occur prior to March 2014 then they would accept them as being in place for the purpose of their expression of interest.
- at NO point was it spoken of or discussed any current NewFm side being demoted/regulated or not playing in NewFM in 2015
- and that Northern would consider promoting only a single team if their was only a single suitable expression of interest at this stage.

Expressions of Interest only closed last Friday actually but clubs are hoping any announcement about changes will be made either before or immediately after the Grand Finals so clubs can move forward asap.

Yep.... heard similar. Plus a survey for a NEWFM Youth League?

curious_fan
20-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Yep.... heard similar. Plus a survey for a NEWFM Youth League?

Yes there apparently was, but no feedback yet given on if or in what way the results of the survey might impact clubs. The option of including one or more youth ages was canvassed without any real agreement aside from clubs had an open mind to anything that might improve the competition (which you would hope would always be the case).

Leftback at Home
20-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I would like to see more consistancy between the leagues NBN to ZL3. Every league has same number of teams (8-12), every league has 3 grades
1st
Res -my view is that it should be a Res/U23s hybrid in NBN & NEW with min req U23 players, say 5-7 in a match day 14 & a straight reserves for Zone.
u19s/3rds - straight U19s in NBN & NEW and maybe a hybrid in ZPL & below. I would consider merging ZL2&3 depending on Numbers.
Elite Youth Leagues required for NBN & NEW clubs, optional for Zone Leagues and play on seperate day to seniors, even possibly mid week & not necessarily split along the same competition lines as seniors (you could split into NBN/NEW, or into Groups or have all the teams in 1 comp).
Allows Straight Promotion & Relegation in the Zones Leagues as they are all the same, Straight Promotion & Relegation between top NBN & NEW as they are the same & Promotion from Zone to NEW would require clubs to meet criteria.
Essential NBN & NEW become your "ELITE" Divisions & Zone becomes your "Semi-Elite".
I think if you open up the U23s up abit more to overage guys you would enable more senior guys in a squad, lifting the standard of the NEW league up.
Thoughts?

MFKS
20-08-2014, 01:39 PM
I would like to see more consistancy between the leagues NBN to ZL3. Every league has same number of teams (8-12), every league has 3 grades
1st
Res -my view is that it should be a Res/U23s hybrid in NBN & NEW with min req U23 players, say 5-7 in a match day 14 & a straight reserves for Zone.
u19s/3rds - straight U19s in NBN & NEW and maybe a hybrid in ZPL & below. I would consider merging ZL2&3 depending on Numbers.
Elite Youth Leagues required for NBN & NEW clubs, optional for Zone Leagues and play on seperate day to seniors, even possibly mid week & not necessarily split along the same competition lines as seniors (you could split into NBN/NEW, or into Groups or have all the teams in 1 comp).
Allows Straight Promotion & Relegation in the Zones Leagues as they are all the same, Straight Promotion & Relegation between top NBN & NEW as they are the same & Promotion from Zone to NEW would require clubs to meet criteria.
Essential NBN & NEW become your "ELITE" Divisions & Zone becomes your "Semi-Elite".
I think if you open up the U23s up abit more to overage guys you would enable more senior guys in a squad, lifting the standard of the NEW league up.
Thoughts?

Firstly tampering with the set up of NBN ain't happening as it is down to FFA direction and has little avenues for NNNSW to move.

Agree need a bit more uniformity between the New FM and Zone Leagues though. Biggest issue to me is get the structure of about half a dozen New FM clubs right The vast majority of them do not have the infrastructure governance organisational ability to make a fist of the NPL if they got promotion.

Good news is due to their lacking of quality in these areas they are unlikely to get promotion anyway.

As for the fascination with a reserve grade side of over age players you are going completely against the grain of where the FFA are going in this country.

IF the clubs in New FM had their junior bases and player numbers adequately covered there is no need for them to raise the "standard" of NEW FM U23's by playing a pile of overage blokes

These blokes are obviously not that talented anyway if they can't get a run in the 9 First grade NPL sides and the 8 New FM first grade sides available to play in so exactly how are they really raising the standard??

Leftback at Home
20-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Point taken on the tampering, accept it is an FFA directive.
My point for a hybrid Res/U23s (not straight Res) if your not playing 1st grade at U23 level are really much chop either. I think by making it straight U23s you are casting out guys who are of equal ability to those U23s (with abit more playing & life experience), and then filling those places with less talented U23s. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a blend of experienced overages guys (who can & want to still play at that level) playing with, & teaching some talented U23s who havn't made the top grade yet, then by making the them play along side less talent U23s (who will never play 1st grade) that they can just beat up on every week?
Maybe it is not as big a problem in the NBN comp but you see this at NEWFM level every week.
From my own experience of sports not so precious about age restrictions, and countless stories of bush youngsters going on to stardom playing along side men in lower grades at an earlier point in development is a much better way of equiping a young player for stepping into the top grades.

Bremsstrahlung
20-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Aren't they gradually phasing it to be Under 20s?

Firsts, 20s, 17s?

ForeverRed
20-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Yes

MFKS
20-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Point taken on the tampering, accept it is an FFA directive.
My point for a hybrid Res/U23s (not straight Res) if your not playing 1st grade at U23 level are really much chop either. I think by making it straight U23s you are casting out guys who are of equal ability to those U23s (with abit more playing & life experience), and then filling those places with less talented U23s. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a blend of experienced overages guys (who can & want to still play at that level) playing with, & teaching some talented U23s who havn't made the top grade yet, then by making the them play along side less talent U23s (who will never play 1st grade) that they can just beat up on every week?
Maybe it is not as big a problem in the NBN comp but you see this at NEWFM level every week.
From my own experience of sports not so precious about age restrictions, and countless stories of bush youngsters going on to stardom playing along side men in lower grades at an earlier point in development is a much better way of equiping a young player for stepping into the top grades.

If you have the right processes going with player development your kids will be strong enough at filling the breach in the U23's anyway.

Basically a reserve grade side to put some overage players in to coach the kids is just a cop out from not doing exactly what should be done in developing players and having adequate coaches doing the job.

Most of the problems in the NEW FM are down to having so many disorganised poorly running clubs who need to either get their shit together or go back to Zone and allow someone else to step up and have a go

Zico
20-08-2014, 08:21 PM
1st
Thoughts?
U/23's in NPL are allowed 5 over age players so thats exactly what you have now. I'm all for the reserve grade coming back but I'm also comfortable with the 5 over age players as thats roughly what you would have or possibly less (you would hope less) over 23's anyway.

Imyourhero
20-08-2014, 08:36 PM
I think its good as is, with the 5 overage players. How many overage allowed in NPL?

sancho_theswan
20-08-2014, 08:52 PM
So are there any other clubs along with BelSwans who are seeking the services of a person who could "cut the mustard" in first grade until they were 45 (without big noting themselves), resolve youth development and improve club governance. All those interested submit an EOI to "MFKS" by COB at your earliest convenience.

MFKS
20-08-2014, 08:57 PM
So are there any other clubs along with BelSwans who are seeking the services of a person who could "cut the mustard" in first grade until they were 45 (without big noting themselves), resolve youth development and improve club governance. All those interested submit an EOI to "MFKS" by COB at your earliest convenience.

Maybe the EOI's should be sent to the 6 clubs who run a long way behind the top 2 in New FM each year as they need these people more:whistling:

sancho_theswan
20-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Maybe the EOI's should be sent to the 6 clubs who run a long way behind the top 2 in New FM each year as they need these people more:whistling:

Don't be selling yourself short here….. you haven't in the past!

curious_fan
20-08-2014, 10:04 PM

Always easy to sit on the sidelines and believe it should be easier to do better.

Having seen the differences between Zone and Federation from the off the field side of things there are big differences, in workloads and expectations and less opportunities to find those volunteers for NewFm than many Zone clubs.

Many NewFM clubs started planning 2015 months ago, have no real break between seasons and less long term players to draw into volunteer roles (because they chase money between clubs).

Unless you have spent a season or two filling the President/Secretary/Treasurer or Groundsman role at a NewFm club then you shouldn't make any claims about the level of service being supplied (for free).

spamg172
21-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Next season might be an opportunity for someone to spring a shock push into npl. I'm sure Valo players would have been under the impression they'd only be in 2nd division for1 season. Do they have the loyalty to stay for another? as I understand it not many are local jnrs. Lakes coming down,who knows how many they'll keep. Especially with their coach possibly jumping ship back to Westy. They've already been chasing former players to go back, how many does he take with him?
Rumors about Belswans and Toronto seem hard to believe, but if they are true who knows what could happen. Thornton don't have an npl license, nor do singo. We're left with cessnock from this yrs top 4. Can u imagine them or this year's wooden spooners challenging for the promotion place in12 months time.
Or do cooks Hill come up and do the unthinkable?
All very speculative I know, feel free to pick it apart as you will.

curious_fan
21-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Next season might be an opportunity for someone to spring a shock push into npl. I'm sure Valo players would have been under the impression they'd only be in 2nd division for1 season. Do they have the loyalty to stay for another? as I understand it not many are local jnrs. Lakes coming down,who knows how many they'll keep. Especially with their coach possibly jumping ship back to Westy. They've already been chasing former players to go back, how many does he take with him?
Rumors about Belswans and Toronto seem hard to believe, but if they are true who knows what could happen. Thornton don't have an npl license, nor do singo. We're left with cessnock from this yrs top 4. Can u imagine them or this year's wooden spooners challenging for the promotion place in12 months time.
Or do cooks Hill come up and do the unthinkable?
All very speculative I know, feel free to pick it apart as you will.

Thornton are confident of holding their NPL Licence prior to the start of next season they say, some approaches already made to some Maitland boys so as a dark horse they could be the ones.

Westy are setting top four as their target for 2015 also but would be very surprising if they held an NPL Licence yet, Singelton are solving their major NPL Licence issue with a proposed merger with their Juniors and Toronto are working hard to become more involved in their juniors also I am told.

For 2015 I guess we are still looking at Valo, Lakes and Thornton and maybe Cessnock in terms of holding NPL Licences I would say.

Premy
21-08-2014, 04:48 PM

I think you're confused as to what meeting I'm talking about. Seems as though you're talking about a meeting between the NewFM Clubs, I'm talking about a Swansea committee meeting that was open to all.

punter
21-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Always easy to sit on the sidelines and believe it should be easier to do better.

Having seen the differences between Zone and Federation from the off the field side of things there are big differences, in workloads and expectations and less opportunities to find those volunteers for NewFm than many Zone clubs.

Many NewFM clubs started planning 2015 months ago, have no real break between seasons and less long term players to draw into volunteer roles (because they chase money between clubs).

Unless you have spent a season or two filling the President/Secretary/Treasurer or Groundsman role at a NewFm club then you shouldn't make any claims about the level of service being supplied (for free).

Well said, I was about to right something similar.
How would Mfks have any idea what those 6 clubs do and don't do.
As cf said there run by volunteers Mfks you clown, some of those volunteers I would imagine are parents of players and when the player moves or stops playing the club looses a volunteer.
Give someone a rap FFS instead of bagging every other club than the ones you like.
I say well done to all clubs from id3 to npl for doing there best.

Elude
21-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm hearing Cooks Hills and Swansea but I would've thought Wallsend would be the best choice to come up(strong team, great committee and good ground), or do they not have a long term lease with the ground?

Drunken ranger
22-08-2014, 07:54 AM
I'm hearing Cooks Hills and Swansea but I would've thought Wallsend would be the best choice to come up(strong team, great committee and good ground), or do they not have a long term lease with the ground?

Don't have a long term lease last I heard

idontwannaplaywithhowey
22-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Don't have a long term lease last I heard

Is a long term lease an essential criteria?

curious_fan
22-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Is a long term lease an essential criteria?

The President at the time they were demoted to Zone Leagues said back then that not having a lease was one of the reasons they were placed in that position, Northern were not comfortable with a club in its top divisions that could be evicted on basically a weeks notice (back then I am not saying thats still the case for the club presently) especially with their only fallback at the time being Wallsend No 1 which was so far short on criteria as it is only a basic junior oval.

curious_fan
22-08-2014, 09:34 AM
I'll throw upsome predictions (insert "pure guesses") for this weekend, of course fingers crossed we get to see all the grades play.

Sat
First Maitland - sorry Redbacks, home ground and all I kow but I can see Law & Co really finishing this season with both Minor & Major. 3-1 to Magpies
23's Valentine - no I say that without knowing what Valo will do for subs on Sunday. I have assumed all players will be available not 4 guys out because they are fresh subs on Sunday for First. 2-0 to Valo
19's Maitland - this could be the high scoring game of the weekend. I can see Maitland walking away 4-0 maybe 4-1 here I hope it isn't higher to Maitland but I think there is a real chance it could be.

Sun
First Belswans - I know, goal difference, results etc but I have doubts about Valo picking themselves up after being so close to Minor and Belswans can play some good football there is no doubt. 2-1 Belswans
23's Maitland - Be an interesting game but I think Maitland will walk away with possibly a two goal advantage 2-0 Maitland
19's Cessnock - Possibly the closest of all the games on the weekend but I think the experience some of Cessnock got from Firsts this year will be a difference. 3-2

sancho_theswan
22-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Interesting. ... I'm hoping for some very solid performances by the BelSwans flocks this weekend c_f.
Think the 19's game will be a bit closer than you are alluding too. The have been a couple of fairly close games between the two sides this year. Should be a good contest.
I think the first's are ready to unleash on Sunday and send that annoying Phoenix back to wherever it is that it lives. A tight affair like the last game at Blackies will be nice.
I'll be roosting atop the BelSwans dugout if anyone wants to say hello. Just don't annoy me during 1st grade..... especially any of those pain in the arse Magpies.

The Postman
23-08-2014, 11:16 AM
The games today at Thornton have been moved back.

2:30 - 1sts
4:30 - 23s
6:15 - 19s

sancho_theswan
23-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Took the pooch for a walk in the sun just before lunch and saw one of those volunteers rolling the ground at Blackies Oval. Turned out to be Shooter. I distracted him from his task (momentarily) and asked if the game was on tomorrow. He replied that he wouldn't be rolling and mowing the ground for no reason. He said that they trained on the ground mid week and I have to say it was pretty dry. I also asked how they'll go and he said everyone was pumped and to expect a few surprises tomorrow! He wouldn't elaborate so I'm not too sure what that means.

BP Super Dynamos
23-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Ben Kelly suspended, or are Maitland supremely confident?

BP Super Dynamos
23-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Maitland coasting @ 2-0 midway through the 2nd half

BP Super Dynamos
23-08-2014, 05:14 PM
4-0 Dowdell, Leyland, Fletcher and Martin. Not long left to play

MFKS
23-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Finished 4-0

Thornton lucky it wasn't that at HT when it was only poor finishing and fortune that stopped Maitland leading by more than 2

Second half was just a matter of time before Maitland made it 3 and the 4th followed quickly after that.

Seriously Maitland should have won by more and it is was only the conditions some desperate last ditch Thornton touches and fortune that stopped the final scoreline being 7 or 8.

If Thornton are the 4th best side in New FM then my point that the clubs in New FM are poorly run stands. Maitland are not that good. They just ain't tested at all by the opposition.

The opposition and their ineptness to make a competitive game of it make them look like world beaters

magician
23-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Finished 4-0

Thornton lucky it wasn't that at HT when it was only poor finishing and fortune that stopped Maitland leading by more than 2

Second half was just a matter of time before Maitland made it 3 and the 4th followed quickly after that.

Seriously Maitland should have won by more and it is was only the conditions some desperate last ditch Thornton touches and fortune that stopped the final scoreline being 7 or 8.

If Thornton are the 4th best side in New FM then my point that the clubs in New FM are poorly run stands. Maitland are not that good. They just ain't tested at all by the opposition.

The opposition and their ineptness to make a competitive game of it make them look like world beaters
What a surprise. Another dig at newcastle football

EH9
23-08-2014, 07:04 PM

What is it that you are currently doing to help fix these issues that you identify???

Thomas477
23-08-2014, 07:32 PM
What a surprise. Another dig at newcastle football

Actually both those clubs are a part of Hunter Valley Football, not Newcastle Football.

MFKS
23-08-2014, 07:50 PM
What actually is rather sad is that no one can actually put up a rebuttal to my points. Maybe cause what I am saying is actually close to the mark and some can not deny it.

It is actually more irritating the response that I get

All i get is the usual ohh your being negative again >> Their only volunteers >>> what are you doing about it >> and blah blah blah. :rof:

Considering NNSW has nearly as many registered players as Victoria and we haven't produced a Socceroo player since when?? the blokes we put up for the HAL are barely making up the numbers and our local clubs barely have a half decent facility between them and there is such a gulf in standards from club to club maybe some serious issues are present in ur neck of the woods.

Pound for pound we ain't performing. Lets just all keep our heads in the sand and say all is good:rof::rof: :blush:

Imyourhero
23-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I feel like many people AGREE with your points, but get frustrated that every comment is the exact same pot shot at the state of football in this region all while YOU PERSONALLY don't volunteer, don't do or die support any local club, aren't involved with any club committees and mostly don't bring up any solutions to all the issues you seen to have. Why should anybody need to rebuttle your points even if they disagree when you yourself don't offer any possible resolution?

Newsfeed
23-08-2014, 08:42 PM
I feel like many people AGREE with your points, but get frustrated that every comment is the exact same pot shot at the state of football in this region all while YOU PERSONALLY don't volunteer, don't do or die support any local club, aren't involved with any club committees and mostly don't bring up any solutions to all the issues you seen to have. Why should anybody need to rebuttle your points even if they disagree when you yourself don't offer any possible resolution?

Amen

pv4
23-08-2014, 09:04 PM
What are your views on the Bundesliga, MFAW? Seems like a 1 or 2 horse race there every year.

lquiquer
23-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Tenzo tomorrow 12

JCBT
24-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Finished 4-0

You are seriously just a sour queer c&nt that has a hatred of NNSWF!

Maitland had Joel Woods, Benn Kelly and Matt Toohey out for todays games and still won in a canter 4-0 but they aren't that good???? your a goose!!!! Maitland will shock a few sides in the NPL next season with both the depth and quality at the club.

Get off your arse and do some work to improve the game in Newcastle then you will realize the difficulties these volunteers face week in week out.

JCBT
24-08-2014, 12:04 AM
I'll throw upsome predictions (insert "pure guesses") for this weekend, of course fingers crossed we get to see all the grades play.

Sat
First Maitland - sorry Redbacks, home ground and all I kow but I can see Law & Co really finishing this season with both Minor & Major. 3-1 to Magpies
23's Valentine - no I say that without knowing what Valo will do for subs on Sunday. I have assumed all players will be available not 4 guys out because they are fresh subs on Sunday for First. 2-0 to Valo
19's Maitland - this could be the high scoring game of the weekend. I can see Maitland walking away 4-0 maybe 4-1 here I hope it isn't higher to Maitland but I think there is a real chance it could be.Sun
First Belswans - I know, goal difference, results etc but I have doubts about Valo picking themselves up after being so close to Minor and Belswans can play some good football there is no doubt. 2-1 Belswans
23's Maitland - Be an interesting game but I think Maitland will walk away with possibly a two goal advantage 2-0 Maitland
19's Cessnock - Possibly the closest of all the games on the weekend but I think the experience some of Cessnock got from Firsts this year will be a difference. 3-2

Nostradamus couldn't have picked it better.

Maitland 19's have some fantastic players and could easily be playing first grade at other NEWFM clubs. Belswans also played some decent football in terrible conditions.

seldom
24-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Finished 4-0

WOW...if thats your input to a better system then maybe just top yourself. Fair dinkum if u think your input is positive to northern football we are screwed. Blokes like u are to say the least pathetic wannabes who are the leeches keeping our game back.

Zico
24-08-2014, 01:17 AM
WOW...if thats your input to a better system then maybe just top yourself. Fair dinkum if u think your input is positive to northern football we are screwed. Blokes like u are to say the least pathetic wannabes who are the leeches keeping our game back.
+1

fresh
24-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Finished 4-0

I honestly believe the whole top 8 first grade sides in Zpl would beat thornton. Don't agree with bagging out of Newcastle football. Do think that proper religation and promotion between league 3-6 has now made the third league stronger overall then the second ( when it comes to first grade) But that's just how it is.

Not saying they would beat Maitland. Just saying Maitland firsts would have been tested alot more in Zpl this year then newfm !

Premy
24-08-2014, 08:58 AM
I honestly believe the whole top 8 first grade sides in Zpl would beat thornton. Don't agree with bagging out of Newcastle football. Do think that proper religation and promotion between league 3-6 has now made the third league stronger overall then the second ( when it comes to first grade) But that's just how it is.

Not saying they would beat Maitland. Just saying Maitland firsts would have been tested alot more in Zpl this year then newfm !
The single reason why ZPL has become stronger is because Reserve grade in NBN/NPL has been scraped, Forcing players who would have usually just made the numbers in NBN/NPL to play elsewhere generally ZPL.

sancho_theswan
24-08-2014, 09:41 AM
I honestly believe the whole top 8 first grade sides in Zpl would beat thornton.

Pffff…. utter bullshit!

sancho_theswan
24-08-2014, 09:42 AM
The single reason why ZPL has become stronger is because Reserve grade in NBN/NPL has been scraped, Forcing players who would have usually just made the numbers in NBN/NPL to play elsewhere generally ZPL.

+1

Elude
24-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Thornton played ok for patches of the game and if they could capitalise on their chances they could have been 2-2 at half time after having some decent opportunities to score but no strikers to score them.
2nd half they also had times where they kept a lot of possession with no final product behind it, which has been the situation all year for the redbacks.
3 soft goals conceded to fullbacks and a bomb from Martin shows the better team at the end of the day but don't go writing teams off saying Maitland should have won by 7-8 because that's not how the game looked from the sidelines.

hawk
24-08-2014, 12:13 PM
criteria aside. If more ZPL teams were to be promoted to Newfm would that create a more even comp?

wazza
24-08-2014, 12:51 PM
criteria aside. If more ZPL teams were to be promoted to Newfm would that create a more even comp?
how so?
the team that came last beat the team that came 4th and 5th
the team that cam 7th beat 4th, 5th, 6th
the team that came 6th beat beat teams above them.
the 2 top teams won em all as has happened in previous years. the only difference this year was the other teams were poor to the point that a patch up team like westy got wins and singo wern't easybeats.
if the bottom 6 impove 20% lakes n valo will not get easy wins next year. ZPL might be competative in pre season.

MFKS
24-08-2014, 09:11 PM

Where did I say that was my input into a better system??

All I done was comment on the game I watched yesterday which was basically so lop sided it wasn't funny. The scoreline indicates it was also lopsided with one side winning 4 zip away from home.

As I do nothing explain how I am keeping the game back in the region??

The game is currently being kept back by the incompetence of past efforts and the insecure types who are involved in clubs who seem to think they are immune to any criticism over how things are going.

Maybe the fact that they carry on like they are somehow owed a pat on the back for their efforts is the issue.

I took it I struck a nerve to get you out from under your rock again.

As for Zico:violin:

traffic light
24-08-2014, 09:30 PM
As I do nothing explain how I am keeping the game back in the region??

The game is currently being kept back by the incompetence of past efforts and the insecure types who are involved in clubs who seem to think they are immune to any criticism over how things are going.

:

Aint that the truth. So many hollow excuses but 80% of teams have no chance.

punter
24-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Finished 4-0

Who did you go there to watch?

punter
24-08-2014, 10:11 PM
All the zpl ppl who think this comp is so good, I know of players in the top couple of sides and they wouldn't get a gig in many new fm teams.
I watch singo play twice this year and I think they might of ended up second last but IDE back them over any zpl side.

MFKS
24-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Who did you go there to watch?

No one.

Just wanted to watch a game of football as there was **** all else on thanks to the rain.

late_to_the_game
24-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Belswans v Valo game full of action. Only saw second half, but ref looked like she was loosing control. Post final whistle scuffle and red card to a belswans player gives you a bit of an idea. The score was 4-1 to Valo who were the better team by quite a bit.

spamg172
24-08-2014, 11:23 PM
All the zpl ppl who think this comp is so good, I know of players in the top couple of sides and they wouldn't get a gig in many new fm teams.
I watch singo play twice this year and I think they might of ended up second last but IDE back them over any zpl side.

That'll do me. I'll take ur money. Name the price.
2/3 of the comp are new fm players who got sick of getting hammered by maitland/Adamstown/jaffas last few yrs, and overage nbn former 19 /22s players.

punter
24-08-2014, 11:51 PM
That'll do me. I'll take ur money. Name the price.
2/3 of the comp are new fm players who got sick of getting hammered by maitland/Adamstown/jaffas last few yrs, and overage nbn former 19 /22s players.

Who are these players that you talk about.
I haven't seen any player of any note in any game I've seen in zpl.
Name the players you think are ok

punter
24-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Belswans v Valo game full of action. Only saw second half, but ref looked like she was loosing control. Post final whistle scuffle and red card to a belswans player gives you a bit of an idea. The score was 4-1 to Valo who were the better team by quite a bit.

Not what I seen. Ref was poor and I don't know how a few valo players stayed on the pitch.
Ref poor, the 2 midfield players should of been sent after 5 or 6 grubby challenges each.
Ref poor, don't know how but players didn't get sent after full time, how do u get 2 players involved in a fight and only 1 gets sent.
Did I mention how bad the ref was.

sancho_theswan
25-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Not what I seen. Ref was poor and I don't know how a few valo players stayed on the pitch.
Ref poor, the 2 midfield players should of been sent after 5 or 6 grubby challenges each.
Ref poor, don't know how but players didn't get sent after full time, how do u get 2 players involved in a fight and only 1 gets sent.

Apart from the refs performance (or lack of it), I thought the game was great to watch. A typical derby. BelSwans were the better team in the first half and must have been a bit disappointed to go in at half time 1-1 when they had missed several good scoring chances early on and had limited Valo to the one (which to their credit they did convert). Second half was a different story and Valo took control. If BelSwans were disappointed at half time, they must have been gutted by the 20 minute mark when they conceded 3 goals in 10 minutes. As they game wore on the pressure continued to build with some pretty solid tackles flying from both sides.
The pressure wasn't realised by the final whistle and that melee that occurred had to be the result of the way the referee handled the whole game. She set the tone when she issued that BelSwans player a yellow card in the 2nd minute of the game for repeated infringements when he had given away 2 free kicks and hadn't been spoken to (poor communication and lack of understanding of the situation - IMO). Great derby and good crowd.

West Wallsend FC
25-08-2014, 03:23 PM
West Wallsend FC have today announced the appointment of Gary Rowe to the position of Head Coach for 2015.

An ex player at the club and previous coach along with a long history of family involvement with the club Gary's return is fitting with the clubs philosophy of rebuilding as a community focused football club. He brings with him to the club a new level of knowledge, NPL experience and an organisational skill set as well as an increased level of expectations of the clubs potential for next season.

Gary's assistant will be Lucas Olney, an experienced keeper in his own right who has worked along side Gary previously Lucas will also act as the clubs goalkeeping coach and be a vital role in developing the clubs training culture.

Other appointments will be made after the final format for NewFm for 2015 is announced by Northern NSW Football.

The axe
25-08-2014, 07:03 PM
How about the second yellow? books only the Belmont player for running into the scuffle when there was at least three player from valo already involved. The refs and assistance were so far out of their depth floaties and a snorkell wouldn't have helped.

RedMexican
25-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Ben Kelly suspended, or are Maitland supremely confident?

kelly is injured mate, not sure what chance he is to play this weekend, but matt stonham is a very very reliable replacement if called upon

Premy
25-08-2014, 08:21 PM
2 players that played ZL1 last year for Garden Suburb are now playing NPL is that good enough for you or is NewFM better than NPL

Newsfeed
25-08-2014, 08:27 PM
2 players that played ZL1 last year for Garden Suburb are now playing NPL is that good enough for you or is NewFM better than NPL

NPL what grade?

Premy
25-08-2014, 08:32 PM
NPL what grade?1st grade South Cardiff.

leftrightout
25-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Pretty much all barnsley 1st grade has played for westy in the past while in newfm and nbn.
Dudley have a whole bunch of guys from Charlestown.
That's just two clubs with a lot of players from higher grades and they came 5th and 6th this year.

This argument cannot be won though ZPL people will think they are better. Newfm will think they are better.

traffic light
25-08-2014, 10:38 PM
newfm is a disgrace. top 2 could handle nbn the rest zpl 2nd tier what a joke.

NewFM 2014
26-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Unless any upsets it will look like a final between the two best teams in the competition which i think is fitting. I know Maitland won the league but I honestly do not think there was much between both teams and will make for a great final.

Also can i say how boring it gets when people keep coming on here and pooring cold water over this competition for reasons of justifying the lower leagues.

The lower league is just that , a lower league and although I am sure there are a few players that would shine in leagues above I am confident that the vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the higher divisions .

Sport and not just soccer is a great leveler and these guys are playing in that division because that is the level that there ability is best suited to and not because ZPL is better than the newfm and anyone that thinks otherwise is more than likely a frustrated ZPL player claining such things or a failed newfm player now playing his game in ZPL.

ZPL is not a bad level to be playing at just as in my opinion newfm is also not a bad level to be playing at.

curious_fan
26-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Unless any upsets it will look like a final between the two best teams in the competition which i think is fitting. I know Maitland won the league but I honestly do not think there was much between both teams and will make for a great final.

Also can i say how boring it gets when people keep coming on here and pooring cold water over this competition for reasons of justifying the lower leagues.

The lower league is just that , a lower league and although I am sure there are a few players that would shine in leagues above I am confident that the vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the higher divisions .

Sport and not just soccer is a great leveler and these guys are playing in that division because that is the level that there ability is best suited to and not because ZPL is better than the newfm and anyone that thinks otherwise is more than likely a frustrated ZPL player claining such things or a failed newfm player now playing his game in ZPL.

ZPL is not a bad level to be playing at just as in my opinion newfm is also not a bad level to be playing at.

Logically, sensibly and respectfully put. Well said

MFKS
26-08-2014, 12:27 PM

Sad reflection about the imbalance of the comp that half way through a 2 legged affair NNSW can start printing the programs with the two GF teams already and would be in no danger of having egg on their face with an upset.

The vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the NPL. They would not struggle at all running around for teams 3-8 in this comp though.

NewFM 2014
26-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Sad reflection about the imbalance of the comp that half way through a 2 legged affair NNSW can start printing the programs with the two GF teams already and would be in no danger of having egg on their face with an upset.

The vast majority of ZPL players would struggle in the NPL. They would not struggle at all running around for teams 3-8 in this comp though.

Sorry but I disagree with this as players find their levels in all sports as I have mentioned and again I say is there exceptions to the the rule , off course , yes always. I do though again say that the vast majority are playing the level that their ability allows them to otherwise they would play at a higher level.

It is human instinct to do the very best you can and not accept second best . So you are telling me that in the case of zpl players that this is different and that they accept playing in a league below their abilty - that is nonsense , complete nonsense.

On this note I also say , can the vast majority of new fm players play in the NPL - NO , they too are at the level their ability allows and would struggle up a level.

I do not post on here often and mostly only about Valo so I will not be entertaining an arguement or an on-going debate with you so I will be respectfull that you have a differing opinion

For me , mine is based on logical reasons and likely outcomes and I have no reason or want to dilute the skill and ability of either newfm or zpl.

Premy
26-08-2014, 01:16 PM
It is human instinct to do the very best you can and not accept second best . So you are telling me that in the case of zpl players that this is different and that they accept playing in a league below their abilty - that is nonsense , complete nonsense
On this note I also say , can the vast majority of new fm players play in the NPL - NO , they too are at the level their ability allows and would struggle up a level.
Agree with most you've said accept this many ZPL players could and would be competitive in NewFM but choose to play at Clubs they have a attachment with. That attachment be it mates, Club culture, area where they grew up, loyalty ect is what in my opinion is wrong with NewFM where you have mediocre mercenaries chasing money and cashed up clubs dishing money out.

Edit: I know of several players that have not been able to get a start in ZPL 1st grade but are now getting paid to play in NewFM, go figure.

NewFM 2014
26-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Agree with most you've said accept this many ZPL players could and would be competitive in NewFM but choose to play at Clubs they have a attachment with. That attachment be it mates, Club culture, area where they grew up, loyalty ect is what in my opinion is wrong with NewFM where you have mediocre mercenaries chasing money and cashed up clubs dishing money out.

Edit: I know of several players that have not been able to get a start in ZPL 1st grade but are now getting paid to play in NewFM, go figure.

I agree fully with these points - well raised. I am only discussing the fact that some people think the majority of zpl players are better than the majority of newfm and simply no way that can be the case.

Northern should remove the reason for debate anyway and take away many of the things stopping zpl clubs proving this theory wrong. Its stupid that clubs with just as good facilities as Thornton cannot get into this competition.

Tell me what is the difference in match day facilities at thornton and or singelton as there are at Mayfield ,Cooks Hill , Dudley or Barnsley to name a few ?

Premy
26-08-2014, 01:38 PM
I agree fully with these points - well raised. I am only discussing the fact that some people think the majority of zpl players are better than the majority of newfm and simply no way that can be the case.

Northern should remove the reason for debate anyway and take away many of the things stopping zpl clubs proving this theory wrong. Its stupid that clubs with just as good facilities as Thornton cannot get into this competition.

Tell me what is the difference in match day facilities at thornton and or singelton as there are at Mayfield ,Cooks Hill , Dudley or Barnsley to name a few ?
Couldn't agree more there is always going to be exceptions to the rule but on a whole NewFM is a step up from ZPL.

punter
26-08-2014, 03:50 PM

And or Cahill oval, a disgrace of a football field

curious_fan
27-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Thinking about the games, I think 99% will agree First grades Grand Finalists are as most predicted (my thoughts about a possible Belswans upset proved to be about as reliable as my Powerball numbers I admit).

23's Toronto did themselves every favour on the scoreboard keeping it to One Nil and go into this return leg with every chance, I am still predicting Valo to GF though.
I didn't hear nor does the website show the result from the other game? Being played mideweek? So I'll stick with my original thoughts of a Valo v Maitland GF here too

19's Maitland (god I actually picked one score right) and I think this weekedn could go the same way scorewise.
Again, couldn't find results from other game but I will still go for a Maitland v Cessnock GF

Imyourhero
27-08-2014, 10:58 AM
23s Thornton won 2-1 i believe

RedMexican
27-08-2014, 08:39 PM
23s Thornton won 2-1 i believe

you would be correct.
Thornton did not play that good and maitland were well off missing a clear one on one that the striker would have buried any other day of the week.
Maitland also played about 60mins with 10 men after a player was sent.

Imyourhero
27-08-2014, 08:49 PM
2nd leg of that match should be a cracker

Havago
28-08-2014, 09:47 AM
As an interested observer of local football I have read all the comments about ZPL and ID comps being stronger than NewFM and find it interesting how players can make these statements without actually playing in this competition, are these players that are so much better than NewFM players playing lower divisions so they can win a comp because they can't beat the likes of Maitland or Valentine, aren't they game enough to havago and make this a stronger competition. I would be saying to anyone that thinks they can make a difference get out there and make yourself available for the teams like West Wallsend Singleton or Cessnock and help make it a better comp instead of hiding in lower divisions and bagging out the players that are prepared to take on the better teams. Your ZPL teams might beat a NewFM team in a trial game but can they back that up week in week out, even United got beat by a third tier team.

Premy
28-08-2014, 11:03 AM
As an interested observer of local football I have read all the comments about ZPL and ID comps being stronger than NewFM and find it interesting how players can make these statements without actually playing in this competition, are these players that are so much better than NewFM players playing lower divisions so they can win a comp because they can't beat the likes of Maitland or Valentine, aren't they game enough to havago and make this a stronger competition. I would be saying to anyone that thinks they can make a difference get out there and make yourself available for the teams like West Wallsend Singleton or Cessnock and help make it a better comp instead of hiding in lower divisions and bagging out the players that are prepared to take on the better teams. Your ZPL teams might beat a NewFM team in a trial game but can they back that up week in week out, even United got beat by a third tier team.
Haha this probably the most ridiculous post on the topic I've seen. Have you stopped to think maybe people don't want to play for "West Wallsend, Singleton and Cesnock" because they are Loyal, Happy were they are or have other commitment that prevent them from committing 3+days a week.
As it's been said and I've said before as a whole NewFM is better but there are exceptions to the rule, blokes playing NewFM that wouldn't get a run in ZL1 1st grades and Blokes playing Zone League that can walk into NPL but they are small exception.
What's laughable is you having a shot a blokes telling them to "Havago" criticizing them, then you ask them to go play for NewFM clubs :banghead: maybe that's another reason why they don't want to play NewFM either.

Nice 1st post but jog on, maybe make it your last to.

Imyourhero
28-08-2014, 11:04 AM
How dare you come here with logical statements!

Imyourhero
28-08-2014, 11:07 AM
Yeah but let's look at it from the point of view also that being loyal to your zlp side/not being able to commit is not the factor that is holding back every single player there especially and most likely for the guys that go on about zpl being superior.

pv4
28-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Premy there are also players in newfm, I'd say a higher amount (compared to zpl) of which, that too could walk into npl

Havago
28-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Haha this probably the most ridiculous post on the topic I've seen. Have you stopped to think maybe people don't want to play for "West Wallsend, Singleton and Cesnock" because they are Loyal, Happy were they are or have other commitment that prevent them from committing 3+days a week.
As it's been said and I've said before as a whole NewFM is better but there are exceptions to the rule, blokes playing NewFM that wouldn't get a run in ZL1 1st grades and Blokes playing Zone League that can walk into NPL but they are small exception.
What's laughable is you having a shot a blokes telling them to "Havago" criticizing them, then you ask them to go play for NewFM clubs :banghead: maybe that's another reason why they don't want to play NewFM either.

Nice 1st post but jog on, maybe make it your last to.

::violin: I don't think any NewFM club would want players like you, you obviously haven't played at a higher level as your loyal to your club(who obviously have never been in NewFM competition) and that is fine but you can't bag out players for being loyal to there club at a higher level. Admittedly some players aren't good enough for this level but I could say that about any division, I am sure you could say that about players at your club. I just think everyone should get together and argue for ten team comps across the board with promotion and relegation being compulsory. I see teams in ID's who say they can't commit to higher comps for different reasons but continue to be prominent in that division. Obviously chasing titles and not promotion, shouldn't every player aim to play in the highest division.

Premy
28-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Premy there are also players in newfm, I'd say a higher amount (compared to zpl) of which, that too could walk into nplMost definitely agree.
Also let me go the record as saying I know my ability and that's not NewFM I'm only discussing what I've seen 1st hand. I'll also reiterate that this players are exceptions to the rule.

Premy
28-08-2014, 12:12 PM
::violin: I don't think any NewFM club would want players like you, you obviously haven't played at a higher level as your loyal to your club(who obviously have never been in NewFM competition)
Keep the Violin for yourself as you're the one who came on and had a whinge.
You couldn't be more wrong. I've played NewFM admittedly I wasn't good enough to hold my spot. As to NewFM clubs not wanting players like me, NewFM will kill to have players with my attitude just not my ability. Just last month I was approached by a NewFM Manager offering me Money per game to play for his side having never seen me play.

hawk
28-08-2014, 12:20 PM
the whole newfm orchestra is playing.

Lofty
28-08-2014, 12:21 PM
There are players of different abilities in all divisions of football in Newcastle. It's obvious that there is going to be players in lower divisions that could play in a division or 2 above them. There are certain circumstances where players who have the ability to play for higher leagues play for lower leagues (eg. My 2 brothers play for first grade & u/22's Magic and have so for a number of years. But due to a large holiday planned right in the middle of next season, they are going to play in 4th division with the Suns). That's just one example, but there are many others. I know over the last couple of years the Suns and other clubs in ZL1 have had players go directly from 1st grade NPL to ZL1 the following season.
People can't seriously be ignorant enough to think they should instead play for Singo or Cessnock so that they NewFM comp stays competitive.

Leftback at Home
28-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I think guys should just play at the level that makes them happiest. If you want to strive to play NPL but haven’t got there yet go play NEWFM, if you have played up at NPL and are now looking to concentrate of other areas of your life the go play Zone at your local or with your mates. Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that the level of football in the area is the EPL (although some people on this forum seem to think that they are playing a real life version Premier League Manager). This is not a guy’s primary source of income or livelihood. There would be instances of guys playing because they want to push themselves to be the best they can be at football forsaking all else, guys who want to play at the highest they can whilst maintaining life balance & guys who simple play because they love the game. I don't think it is really the place of anyone on this forum or in club land to criticise a person for the choice they make to get the most out of their lives in & out of football. I myself love the game, but I have had to sacrifice it pursuit other dreams. I didn't think it fair for me to sign up to a club and be half committed. That is my choice. Same as it might be John Doe's choice to give up playing NPL & go play Zone 2 so he can spend more time with his family. Who are we to cast aspersions upon him for that? I think everyone needs to just realise that Football isn't life, it is but a part of it and everyone should be entitled to make the most of it however they see fit. I think you will find that blokes play at the level that reflects their desire, commitment & lifestyle and not solely their ability.

amishpanda
28-08-2014, 01:19 PM
I think guys should just play at the level that makes them happiest. If you want to strive to play NPL but haven’t got there yet go play NEWFM, if you have played up at NPL and are now looking to concentrate of other areas of your life the go play Zone at your local or with your mates. Let’s not kid ourselves into thinking that the level of football in the area is the EPL (although some people on this forum seem to think that they are playing a real life version Premier League Manager). This is not a guy’s primary source of income or livelihood. There would be instances of guys playing because they want to push themselves to be the best they can be at football forsaking all else, guys who want to play at the highest they can whilst maintaining life balance & guys who simple play because they love the game. I don't think it is really the place of anyone on this forum or in club land to criticise a person for the choice they make to get the most out of their lives in & out of football. I myself love the game, but I have had to sacrifice it pursuit other dreams. I didn't think it fair for me to sign up to a club and be half committed. That is my choice. Same as it might be John Doe's choice to give up playing NPL & go play Zone 2 so he can spend more time with his family. Who are we to cast aspersions upon him for that? I think everyone needs to just realise that Football isn't life, it is but a part of it and everyone should be entitled to make the most of it however they see fit. I think you will find that blokes play at the level that reflects their desire, commitment & lifestyle and not solely their ability.

As someone who was a regular 1st grader in the previous NBN, who has played in reserve grade ZL1, and every level in between: + ****ing 1.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-08-2014, 03:57 PM

+2

Lofty
28-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Nailed it.

Did you steal everyone else's common sense?

Havago
28-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Nailed it.

Did you steal everyone else's common sense?

There has been a lot of comments on here bagging NewFM, clearly my point was stop saying this comp is better than this comp etc, if you think your better than them than step up and havago but if your not or your happy in your safety zone stop bagging out a comp that will grow with time and correct management. I think you all forget there is probably only 3 or 4 teams that can win the EPL and some teams go in just trying not to be relegated but we don't bag them. I know players playing all age who have played NBN and NewFM and they are happy but if you want a challenge step up. I don't care who you play for or what division I just get sick of this crap bagging out comps your not involved in and you don't have the balls to step up. Shouldn't we all be talking about the games that are being played each week.

Lofty
28-08-2014, 05:30 PM
There has been a lot of comments on here bagging NewFM, clearly my point was stop saying this comp is better than this comp etc, if you think your better than them than step up and havago but if your not or your happy in your safety zone stop bagging out a comp that will grow with time and correct management. I think you all forget there is probably only 3 or 4 teams that can win the EPL and some teams go in just trying not to be relegated but we don't bag them. I know players playing all age who have played NBN and NewFM and they are happy but if you want a challenge step up. I don't care who you play for or what division I just get sick of this crap bagging out comps your not involved in and you don't have the balls to step up. Shouldn't we all be talking about the games that are being played each week.

Huh? Have you read any of my posts?? Not once have I bagged out 'your' comp. I have no desire to play for any of the teams in NewFM and that's just the way it is. I'm not bagging out the comp. In Newcastle, there are only 2 clubs that I will ever play for, but that's nothing to do with anything other than my relationship and history with those two clubs along with all my mates and family that have played at and still play at.

Peace.

MFKS
28-08-2014, 06:26 PM
I think you all forget there is probably only 3 or 4 teams that can win the EPL and some teams go in just trying not to be relegated but we don't bag them.

Wrong

Other than Man City and Chelsea no one else is capable of winning the EPL.

Manure NO CHANCE anymore
Arsenal crumble under pressure EVERY YEAR
Liverpool couldn't win it we all seen them FALL APART last season

As for the rest of them not even worth commenting on their chances.

Other than that you make some interesting points

Bremsstrahlung
28-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Wrong

Manure NO CHANCE anymore

Disagree, a long term injury to Costa, leaves Chelsea in trouble, as the only area they struggle is up front.
And City haven't won a title convincingly despite having one of the best squads for the last 4 years.

Kim
28-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Disagree, a long term injury to Costa, leaves Chelsea in trouble, as the only area they struggle is up front.
And City haven't won a title convincingly despite having one of the best squads for the last 4 years.

I actually disagree, Chelsea were only 4 points off Man City in the end, and they were in it till the last few rounds. That was with the worst strike force I have ever seen grace a top side in England. Torres was Torres, Eto'o could only score at home and Demba Ba slips at every given opportunity. This year they have Drogba as a back-up, who is probably still at this age better than the three strikers mentioned above, and not to mention they added Fabregas who is top notch. So even if Costa died, they would still challenge, would they win? It would be tight.

But that's not the point of this thread, I'm new, been lurking here for over a few months now. To start with, I'm not from this area or region (from Sydney), but I'm interested in trialing for West Wallsend (or you guys call it Westy) next season. My motive? It's because I'm attracted to the history and the prospect of playing football outside where I've lived my whole life. I'm still young, 21 years old, but I really want to see how my football compares to the competition of this league. Just like myself, there are heaps of people too who have reasons of playing where they are, each and every one of us is different, who are we to question the desire and commitment of others?

MFKS
28-08-2014, 07:34 PM
I actually disagree, Chelsea were only 4 points off Man City in the end, and they were in it till the last few rounds. That was with the worst strike force I have ever seen grace a top side in England. Torres was Torres, Eto'o could only score at home and Demba Ba slips at every given opportunity. This year they have Drogba as a back-up, who is probably still at this age better than the three strikers mentioned above, and not to mention they added Fabregas who is top notch. So even if Costa died, they would still challenge, would they win? It would be tight.

But that's not the point of this thread, I'm new, been lurking here for over a few months now. To start with, I'm not from this area or region (from Sydney), but I'm interested in trialing for West Wallsend (or you guys call it Westy) next season. My motive? It's because I'm attracted to the history and the prospect of playing football outside where I've lived my whole life. I'm still young, 21 years old, but I really want to see how my football compares to the competition of this league. Just like myself, there are heaps of people too who have reasons of playing where they are, each and every one of us is different, who are we to question the desire and commitment of others?

:rof:
This has to be a troll.

Bloke wishes to move from Sydney to play NEW FM to see what its like and how it rates

:thumbsup:

Kim
28-08-2014, 07:36 PM
This has to be a troll.

Bloke wishes to move from Sydney to play NEW FM to see what its like and how it rates

I'm actually very serious. : o

punter
28-08-2014, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Kim;90489]I'm actually very serious. : o[/

Which area have you moved to?

punter
28-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Wrong

Manure NO CHANCE anymore

Well done (havago) ya back in the good books.
Getting a positive comment from MFKS is not that easy but you managed it so well done.

seldom
29-08-2014, 01:24 AM
This has to be a troll.

It's so corny surely cant be legit...on a positive he's only 21 so can still play U23s lol

Havago
29-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Just to change the topic I read in the paper NBN clubs are looking for keepers as a couple have decided to retire, how do you rate the keepers in NewFM and do you think any could step up to the next level. Obviously Maitland will keep there keeper so of the others what do you think?

pv4
29-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Just to change the topic I read in the paper NBN clubs are looking for keepers as a couple have decided to retire, how do you rate the keepers in NewFM and do you think any could step up to the next level. Obviously Maitland will keep there keeper so of the others what do you think?

Westy have a terrific keeper who has been spending most of his time on the field this season.

BK the Maitland keeper was the obvious pick of the bunch for me.

MFKS
29-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Don't think the keeper issue will be that great of an issue in NPL.

Obviously the reserve keeper at the clubs may step up fill the breach, may even wish to pilfer from outside Newy also. Add in the possibilities with picking someone up from the EJ program and I am not seeing the clubs rushing into New FM to plug the holes.

Leftback at Home
29-08-2014, 12:05 PM
GK requirements will depend on what a coach wants in a keeper and what is has on the field in front of him. If he has a soild defense that don't give up too many shots and keeps the attack away from goal than they may prefer keeper with good aerial dominance. If you have a leaky defence then a out & out shot stopper may be required. Also does he want a keeper who can distribute long for quick counters or to hit the head of a strong midfielder or a keeper who can play as an extra ball player when playing out from the back. Keepers with different strengths fit better into certain teams just like any other player.

pv4
29-08-2014, 12:19 PM
GK requirements will depend on what a coach wants in a keeper and what is has on the field in front of him. If he has a soild defense that don't give up too many shots and keeps the attack away from goal than they may prefer keeper with good aerial dominance. If you have a leaky defence then a out & out shot stopper may be required. Also does he want a keeper who can distribute long for quick counters or to hit the head of a strong midfielder or a keeper who can play as an extra ball player when playing out from the back. Keepers with different strengths fit better into certain teams just like any other player.

Or do they just want someone they can get on the cheap? :rof:

Havago
29-08-2014, 01:59 PM

I would have thought this is the requirements of all keepers. I may be wrong but I would have someone who knows his job and that is to save goals, distribute the ball and organise your defence. No one has answered my question though, who do you rate as a keeper with potential of playing up a division that a club may be interested in other than Kelly or are they all shit.:dry:

sancho_theswan
29-08-2014, 02:13 PM
No one has answered my question though, who do you rate as a keeper with potential of playing up a division that a club may be interested in other than Kelly or are they all shit.:dry:

I think the young guy at Valo has heaps of potential. I think he may head elsewhere in 2015.

pv4
29-08-2014, 02:16 PM
No one has answered my question though

I listed 2 keepers.

Leftback at Home
29-08-2014, 02:22 PM
I would have thought this is the requirements of all keepers. I may be wrong but I would have someone who knows his job and that is to save goals, distribute the ball and organise your defence. No one has answered my question though, who do you rate as a keeper with potential of playing up a division that a club may be interested in other than Kelly or are they all shit.:dry:

All keepers yes, but just with field players certain keepers are stronger in some aspects than they are in others. So he is performing the best in NEWFM maybe influenced by the team & structure he is playing within & it might not be a match for a club who is looking for a keeper with other qualities to suit their style & structure of play.
If you want a field playing example of what I mean. Team X signs Player Y who was the leading scorer last season, however 80% of his goals were from crosses however Team X plays a keep the ball on the ground style & doesn't have a player who can supply they same quality crosses into the box. Therefore despite player Y being a top player his production would diminsih due to the style of play he now finds himself in.

Havago
29-08-2014, 02:33 PM
Or do they just want someone they can get on the cheap? :rof:

The one you mentioned from Westy must be a good keeper if Shal keeps him on the field. If anyone knows anything about keepers the one at Valo is average. I also stated besides Kelly but he really didn't have much to do this year with the team he had in front of him.

pv4
29-08-2014, 02:38 PM
The one you mentioned from Westy must be a good keeper if Shal keeps him on the field.

I think you'll find Westy found him better resourced up front than in goals - they didn't exactly have the best choice of player quality and quantity this season.

The guy is a quality keeper and is only in his early to mid 20s. Also has previously played at state league youth teams. If I were a state league club I'd definately be sounding him out.

Sideline
29-08-2014, 02:56 PM
not sure if these 3 are still playing or where as have not watched any games this season but from years past i could see potentially cessnocks keeper, jaffas past newfm keeper and young boy i saw play for westy i feel would be more than capable to fill the spots based on hear say and matches ive watched them play in

Sideline
29-08-2014, 03:00 PM
also does anyone have details on where and date of newfm gf this year ? thanks

pv4
29-08-2014, 03:11 PM
also does anyone have details on where and date of newfm gf this year ? thanks

Sunday 7th September at Adamstown.

The axe
29-08-2014, 07:15 PM
The ranga between the sticks at cessnock is quality

The Postman
30-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Reuslts from today's games?

Elude
30-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Cessnocks goalie is quality.
Thorntons keeper is very good aswell.

Other than that can't say to much for the rest of the keepers.

Elude
30-08-2014, 06:09 PM
19s
Thornton 2 Cessnock 2
23s
Thornton 2 Maitland 0
1st
Valo 1 Belswans 0 at half time, very poor first half from both teams with Belmont probably playing the better football aside from the score line.

Havago
30-08-2014, 06:32 PM
19s
Thornton 2 Cessnock 2
23s
Thornton 2 Maitland 0
1st
Valo 1 Belswans 0 at half time, very poor first half from both teams with Belmont probably playing the better football aside from the score line.

So Cessnock will play Maitland in 19's that's 1st & 2nd
Thornton should play Valo in 23's That's 1st & 3rd, a good result for Thornton
and Maitland and Valo in 1st grade, 1st & 2nd again
I know games have to be played tomorrow but I think it will pan out this way
Predictions for next week

seldom
30-08-2014, 11:19 PM

not sure if they're nbn quality tho

newi24-2-08
31-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Maitland defeated Thorton 9-1 today. Win 13-1 on aggregate to book semi final spot

pv4
31-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Both the 19s and reserves games at Windy Hill were 1all today.

MFKS
31-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Maitland defeated Thorton 9-1 today. Win 13-1 on aggregate to book semi final spot

See I told you all that teams 3>>8 in comp are shit.

Disgraceful a side getting rolled 13-1 on ****ing aggregate in a 2 legged semi.

To say Maitland are a really good side is hard to believe.

When their opponents ain't testing them and they walk all over them it just says that they are massively superior to the opposition.

We will see how they go in the NPL where I am certain they will actually be put under some pressure each week regardless of who they play

JCBT
31-08-2014, 07:58 PM
See I told you all that teams 3>>8 in comp are shit.

Disgraceful a side getting rolled 13-1 on ****ing aggregate in a 2 legged semi.

To say Maitland are a really good side is hard to believe.

When their opponents ain't testing them and they walk all over them it just says that they are massively superior to the opposition.

We will see how they go in the NPL where I am certain they will actually be put under some pressure each week regardless of who they play
Go back under your rock you negative f@ckwit.

JCBT
31-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Just an idea for a finals format for all grades and divisions.

Top 4 with the finals series lasting 4 weeks from the first final to Grand Final.

Each side in the top 4 play each other once,

Premiers get 3 home games, 2nd get 2 home games, 3rd get 1 home game and 4th play all away. The top 2 sides after the 3 games go to the Grand Final.

This is rewarding the sides on the position they finish and also giving each and every side a shot at the Grand Final.

Its a massive amount of workload on the premiers pitch but also a huge financial gain.

prawnhead
31-08-2014, 08:51 PM

Yes he is a tool.

MFKS
31-08-2014, 10:29 PM

Negative?? Maybe I am speaking the truth and you just don't like to hear it

I suppose just to prove i can be positive I should actually be accommodating and positive then and praise Thornton for it not being more.

Well done boys on it not making double figures today:woo:

Your performance was a credit to yourselves to only concede nine

seldom
31-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Wow

ManUTDSupporter
31-08-2014, 11:18 PM
I swear, every time I read a comment from you I feel as though you are slightly more spastic.
Who gives a shit that there were two stand out teams. Maitland is going up deservedly and the weaker opponents are staying down. Isn't that the whole idea of the system.
Not every team can scrounger up a NPL quality team, as there is limits on the amount of talent around the area and funds.
You are comparing NPL quality teams, with the likes of Thornton. The facts are simple, Maitland and Valo are NPL quality teams and the others are not.
Than why can't Valo and Maitland both go up you may ask? Well then we won't have relegations. Because, the following year you then have a Newfm level team in the NPL and an NPL level team in Newfm. We must then listen to you speak shit again when poor old Thornton cops a hiding from the newly demoted team.

traffic light
01-09-2014, 12:34 AM
I swear, every time I read a comment from you I feel as though you are slightly more spastic.
Who gives a shit that there were two stand out teams. Maitland is going up deservedly and the weaker opponents are staying down. Isn't that the whole idea of the system.
Not every team can scrounger up a NPL quality team, as there is limits on the amount of talent around the area and funds.
You are comparing NPL quality teams, with the likes of Thornton. The facts are simple, Maitland and Valo are NPL quality teams and the others are not.
Than why can't Valo and Maitland both go up you may ask? Well then we won't have relegations. Because, the following year you then have a Newfm level team in the NPL and an NPL level team in Newfm. We must then listen to you speak shit again when poor old Thornton cops a hiding from the newly demoted team.

So what you're saying is who gives a **** about this comp. It will always be lopsided and pointless beause there will be always 2 or 3 teams that smash everyone else. Get on board everyone

ManUTDSupporter
01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
No. There are a lot of younger guys playing in that competition who can learn off playing the stronger clubs.
Give it a few years and maybe Thornton or someone will be the new Maitland.
All I am saying is people need to be less negative and just be happy with what is on offer.
They do need to cut a comp if teams can not regularly fill all the required teams.

Havago
01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
No. There are a lot of younger guys playing in that competition who can learn off playing the stronger clubs.
Give it a few years and maybe Thornton or someone will be the new Maitland.
All I am saying is people need to be less negative and just be happy with what is on offer.
They do need to cut a comp if teams can not regularly fill all the required teams.

I can't agree anymore, Thornton had 3 teams make the semi's with there 23's making the grand final, that shows me they are all about building a winning team not buying one, they would be stronger only Maitland poached a lot of there 19's. So what if you have 2 standout teams, it happens at all levels, you can never have a comp that will be totally equal at all clubs. I personally would love to see 2 more teams come up and have the 2 top divisions having ten teams, maintain 23's and 19's plus add on the 17's. I don't think the introduction of a 20's comp will help develop senior football in the district as a whole.

punter
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Just an idea for a finals format for all grades and divisions.

Top 4 with the finals series lasting 4 weeks from the first final to Grand Final.

Each side in the top 4 play each other once,

Premiers get 3 home games, 2nd get 2 home games, 3rd get 1 home game and 4th play all away. The top 2 sides after the 3 games go to the Grand Final.

This is rewarding the sides on the position they finish and also giving each and every side a shot at the Grand Final.

Its a massive amount of workload on the premiers pitch but also a huge financial gain.

Got to b better than the home and away thing they do now.
I was up maitland yesterday to watch the 23's and stayed for the 1st half of the main game and got a shock to find out the score.
Maitland scored after like 3 mins and I thought at that point it was going to be a walk in the park but Thornton levelled and it was pretty even through the middle of the 1st half.
At one point the maitland coach was giving it to his players about how they opened up down the middle and were allowing the Thornton players time.
Thornton didn't punish maitland when they had there chances, half time score 3;1 as maitland did punish Thornton wen they had there chance.
I also noticed Ben Martin on the bench, a good luxury to have.
Looks like the second half Thornton must of known at 7:1 down with 45 to play there out and maybe gave up, 6 goal second half. Did Ben Martin get on?

MFKS
01-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I can't agree anymore, Thornton had 3 teams make the semi's with there 23's making the grand final, that shows me they are all about building a winning team not buying one, they would be stronger only Maitland poached a lot of there 19's. So what if you have 2 standout teams, it happens at all levels, you can never have a comp that will be totally equal at all clubs. I personally would love to see 2 more teams come up and have the 2 top divisions having ten teams, maintain 23's and 19's plus add on the 17's. I don't think the introduction of a 20's comp will help develop senior football in the district as a whole.
Building a winning team is one thing but Thornton need top hang onto their kids for the future. Getting thumped by 9 in a semi of all things ain't gonna encourage people to want to hang around.

Fully agree we need to being up 2 of the better ZPL sides and work on getting a balanced promotion relegation program in and out of this League. At present there are 6 clubs going nowhere who are well behind in the race and they need to be forced to pick their game up or head back to the Zone Leagues where there mediocrity can do less damage.

Having 2 stand out teams and comparing this to other Leagues in the world is irrelevant. This is 2nd tier in Newy not some cashed up foreign league running on millions of dollars in money with massive wealth disparities between sides.

The gaps should not be that great here at all considering they are all run on the smell of an oily rag. Anyone telling us anything differently is in some land of cuckoo

Havago
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Building a winning team is one thing but Thornton need top hang onto their kids for the future. Getting thumped by 9 in a semi of all things ain't gonna encourage people to want to hang around.

Fully agree we need to being up 2 of the better ZPL sides and work on getting a balanced promotion relegation program in and out of this League. At present there are 6 clubs going nowhere who are well behind in the race and they need to be forced to pick their game up or head back to the Zone Leagues where there mediocrity can do less damage.

Having 2 stand out teams and comparing this to other Leagues in the world is irrelevant. This is 2nd tier in Newy not some cashed up foreign league running on millions of dollars in money with massive wealth disparities between sides.

The gaps should not be that great here at all considering they are all run on the smell of an oily rag. Anyone telling us anything differently is in some land of cuckoo

The only way you can force teams to pick up there game is to have promotion relegation, remember Maitland where relegated and it has taken 13 years to get back, Valo has only just came back and maintained there team from last year. Stop bagging the comp and encourage teams and players to get in there and havago. There are teams and clubs sitting in lower divisions where they can win a premiership and not challenge themselves. You can only make a stronger comp if everyone gets behind it and makes it better. To make NBN a stronger comp you need a stronger NewFM. The biggest problem is players put winning a ZPL premiership over a NewFM or NBN Premiership. You tell that to all the players playing this weeks grand final.

Havago
01-09-2014, 11:41 AM

I think your pretty much on the money, the Cessnock keeper has been quality for many years but I have heard he is calling it quits, the Thornton Keeper is still young and plenty to learn but certainly would be an asset to an NBN team looking to develop a future 1st grader.

fresh
01-09-2014, 11:51 AM
I know trials don't mean much but most Zpl teams got up in there trails against Newfm teams. Even cardiff who got religated from zpl this year got up in there newfm trial.

The only problem that clubs will have moving up to Newfm is the age divisions. 1st grade is full of 21-25 year olds in most teams. And some reserves teams are older. Not a heap of youth !

Not to mention why would a club move up to a 2 horse race with teams all over the hunter. When they can play in a 10 horse competition with all teams based in newcastle?

Only clubs that would move up are ones that would be aiming for NBN I am not sure what ones could afford that or meet the criteria ?

Havago
01-09-2014, 12:23 PM
I know trials don't mean much but most Zpl teams got up in there trails against Newfm teams. Even cardiff who got religated from zpl this year got up in there newfm trial.

The only problem that clubs will have moving up to Newfm is the age divisions. 1st grade is full of 21-25 year olds in most teams. And some reserves teams are older. Not a heap of youth !

Not to mention why would a club move up to a 2 horse race with teams all over the hunter. When they can play in a 10 horse competition with all teams based in newcastle?

Only clubs that would move up are ones that would be aiming for NBN I am not sure what ones could afford that or meet the criteria ?

Most ZPL teams beat NewFM teams in trials and its a 2 horse race, well if you can beat them than it wouldn't be a 2 horse race if your teams moved up. All I hear is excuses and criticism of the higher levels. Get out there and havago. I can't say it any clearer.

MFKS
01-09-2014, 12:52 PM
The only way you can force teams to pick up there game is to have promotion relegation, remember Maitland where relegated and it has taken 13 years to get back, Valo has only just came back and maintained there team from last year. Stop bagging the comp and encourage teams and players to get in there and havago. There are teams and clubs sitting in lower divisions where they can win a premiership and not challenge themselves. You can only make a stronger comp if everyone gets behind it and makes it better. To make NBN a stronger comp you need a stronger NewFM. The biggest problem is players put winning a ZPL premiership over a NewFM or NBN Premiership. You tell that to all the players playing this weeks grand final.
So basically you are blaming blokes playing in the ZPL and assorted Zone Leagues as being responsible for the lack of competitiveness from teams 3-8??

There may well be blokes playing in ZPL and Zone Leagues who could make the comp stronger but ask yourself why they don't want to play for these clubs??

Could it be down to how they are run?? These blokes may be taking a soft option to win a trophy as you put it but who wants to do something they don't enjoy.

Can't be a hell of a lot of fun being part of clubs 3-8 getting tonked all season. Can see they ain't enjoying it when they can't get the numbers comfortably for some grades

Stop trying to blame all and sundry for the weakness in NEW FM.

The clubs are weak because of how they run their race. Fix this make the comp stronger and stop blaming everything else

Imyourhero
01-09-2014, 12:54 PM
So much criticism, so little solutions....from everyone posting...

Havago
01-09-2014, 01:25 PM
So basically you are blaming blokes playing in the ZPL and assorted Zone Leagues as being responsible for the lack of competitiveness from teams 3-8??

There may well be blokes playing in ZPL and Zone Leagues who could make the comp stronger but ask yourself why they don't want to play for these clubs??

Could it be down to how they are run?? These blokes may be taking a soft option to win a trophy as you put it but who wants to do something they don't enjoy.

Can't be a hell of a lot of fun being part of clubs 3-8 getting tonked all season. Can see they ain't enjoying it when they can't get the numbers comfortably for some grades

Stop trying to blame all and sundry for the weakness in NEW FM.

The clubs are weak because of how they run their race. Fix this make the comp stronger and stop blaming everything else

Your so negative, if the answer is make the clubs stronger you tell everyone your solution, is it disband NewFM and make ZPL the stepping stone to NBN, is it disband all current division and go back to the old 5 divisions from years ago and teams got promoted on ability not grounds. Just throwing wild remarks and questions out there is not helping the comp. To say players are not happy at all these clubs is ridiculous, why do they turn up each week. There are players at Cessnock that have over 200 club games and wouldn't play any where else. They have a believe in the club and there future. Unlike some there are players out there that do like the challenge of playing against the likes of Maitland or valo.

Bremsstrahlung
01-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Promotion/relegation between all divisions would make for a more even competition.

Imyourhero
01-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Serious question here. Who is able to outline the criteria that this years ZPL Top 4 (New Lambton, Mayfield, Wallsend, Cooks Hill) don't meet in terms of facilities?
Ignoring the "ability of players" and fielding the 1sts,23s,19s teams required, are these the points that solely hold them from being promoted if they apply for NewFM

MFKS
01-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Your so negative, if the answer is make the clubs stronger you tell everyone your solution, is it disband NewFM and make ZPL the stepping stone to NBN, is it disband all current division and go back to the old 5 divisions from years ago and teams got promoted on ability not grounds. Just throwing wild remarks and questions out there is not helping the comp. To say players are not happy at all these clubs is ridiculous, why do they turn up each week. There are players at Cessnock that have over 200 club games and wouldn't play any where else. They have a believe in the club and there future. Unlike some there are players out there that do like the challenge of playing against the likes of Maitland or valo.
So I am being negative.

Want a solution

How about promote 2 ZPL clubs next year and bring it up to a 10 team comp for a start. You never know the ZPL sides may actually be competitive not get tonked every week raise the standard and only playing each other twice may also help keep things fresh.

Relegate the bottom two at end of season and promote the top 2 from ZPL again. Shake the comp up and force the clubs 3-8 to pull their finger out cause if they continue to be mediocre the Zone Leagues await for them.

Would also have No 2 play off against the 2nd last side in NPL with an NPL place at stake.

Needs to be shaken up at both ends. Promotion to NPL needs to be more realistic for New FM sides and relegation needs to occur more frequently for the shite sides.

**** the reserve grade off

First grade and Yoof grade only. Make these clubs actually develop juniors to actually underpin their club going forward.

As for Cessnock players with 200 games of experience and they are still this mediocre?? Obviously the club is doing really well if in the 10 years or so it took to achieve that they are unable to develop better players to replace them. Wheres the junior development to be able to find the kids to replace blokes who are this far off the pace in this comp with a better calibre of player???

Havago
01-09-2014, 04:07 PM
So I am being negative.

Want a solution

How about promote 2 ZPL clubs next year and bring it up to a 10 team comp for a start. You never know the ZPL sides may actually be competitive not get tonked every week raise the standard and only playing each other twice may also help keep things fresh.

Relegate the bottom two at end of season and promote the top 2 from ZPL again. Shake the comp up and force the clubs 3-8 to pull their finger out cause if they continue to be mediocre the Zone Leagues await for them.

Would also have No 2 play off against the 2nd last side in NPL with an NPL place at stake.

Needs to be shaken up at both ends. Promotion to NPL needs to be more realistic for New FM sides and relegation needs to occur more frequently for the shite sides.

First grade and Yoof grade only. Make these clubs actually develop juniors to actually underpin their club going forward.

As for Cessnock players with 200 games of experience and they are still this mediocre?? Obviously the club is doing really well if in the 10 years or so it took to achieve that they are unable to develop better players to replace them. Wheres the junior development to be able to find the kids to replace blokes who are this far off the pace in this comp with a better calibre of player???

I'm glad you agree with me about making it a ten team comp, that doesn't mean that you won't have 2 stand out teams but makes for a more interesting competition. At the moment teams don't get tonked every week as you state, they have been a lot closer than that, but 2 teams have been consistent. I don't think relegating 2 every year will help raise the standard but if it does I would support it. There is no reserve grade now, I support the current format of 1st, 23's and 19's but would have 17's as well. This gives players a chance to progress. If you where to consider the position of keeper they can continue to play until 40 and this doesn't allow the youth players a chance to come through.
I think you will find most clubs are trying to develop youth and bring them up through the ranks but the best get attracted to NBN league and it is hard to keep them back from future development. The players at Cessnock who have achieved 200 games have come through junior development at the club and the club has been supporting juniors for years as it is hard for clubs outside of the Newcastle area to attract quality players so if you where to look at Cessnock the majority are local juniors. You just can't produce 1st graders overnight.
It is good to see some ideas put up not just complete negativity, all we can hope for is Northern understand what the players and general public want to see and there is a chance the game can move forward. This years NBN comp has been the closest in years so maybe they are moving in the right direction. NewFM 's turn next.

monz6
01-09-2014, 04:28 PM
During this whole debate of the comp, it is always mentioned teams 3-8 get smashed tonked etc... Belswansea did not go as bad as some make out. Jets Youth won the comp with a 55% win rate in NPL and belSwansea's in Newfm was 47%. rather close. I know its different levels of competitiveness, but they certainly didn't get tonked/smashed every week as is being suggested. The most they conceded in a match was 4 goals, and hey thats the same as the team who won it

punter
01-09-2014, 07:13 PM
So I am being negative.

Want a solution

Every one here would agree bring back promotion and relegation but it's a wasted argument if northern do what I was told on Saturday.
Heard from a valo person that they are to start to align new fm to npl.
10 team comp, keeping the criteria, 1st 23's 19's 17's.
No way you can have promotion and relegation unless zpl, zl1 etc all doing the same.

sancho_theswan
01-09-2014, 10:05 PM
During this whole debate of the comp, it is always mentioned teams 3-8 get smashed tonked etc... Belswansea did not go as bad as some make out. Jets Youth won the comp with a 55% win rate in NPL and belSwansea's in Newfm was 47%. rather close. I know its different levels of competitiveness, but they certainly didn't get tonked/smashed every week as is being suggested. The most they conceded in a match was 4 goals, and hey thats the same as the team who won it

Hey monz6…luv the stats. Thought I'd do a bit of research myself since the perceived improvement of BelSwans from 2013 season. They didn't go as well this year as they did in 2013 when they won 15 of 21 games for a win percentage of 71.43%.
In the last 2 years playing against teams 4-8 they have played 32games for 25 wins 6 draws and only 1 loss, sounds pretty good. However, playing against the top 2 teams they have played 12 games, won only 1, 0 draws and 11 losses….. not so good.
So I guess whilst they have progressed since 2012, the challenge ahead is to improve their results against the top 2 teams. I have watched them play some good games against "the big two" and been more than competitive but lack the quality in depth of the other two. The progression and improvement of about 6 young guys all under 20yo who have all gained a lot of first grade experience will be interesting to watch.

MFKS
01-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Hey monz6…luv the stats. Thought I'd do a bit of research myself since the perceived improvement of BelSwans from 2013 season. They didn't go as well this year as they did in 2013 when they won 15 of 21 games for a win percentage of 71.43%.
In the last 2 years playing against teams 4-8 they have played 32games for 25 wins 6 draws and only 1 loss, sounds pretty good. However, playing against the top 2 teams they have played 12 games, won only 1, 0 draws and 11 losses….. not so good.
So I guess whilst they have progressed since 2012, the challenge ahead is to improve their results against the top 2 teams. I have watched them play some good games against "the big two" and been more than competitive but lack the quality in depth of the other two. The progression and improvement of about 6 young guys all under 20yo who have all gained a lot of first grade experience will be interesting to watch.

So basically they are best at beating the teams in the 3-8 bracket hence why they come 3rd each year but still can't beat the top two.

Thanks for the Scoop.

It just reconfirms the teams below your cub Sancho are shit. Nothing we didn't already know and nothing that is in dispute

punter
01-09-2014, 11:56 PM
So basically they are best at beating the teams in the 3-8 bracket hence why they come 3rd each year but still can't beat the top two.

Thanks for the Scoop.

It just reconfirms the teams below your cub Sancho are shit. Nothing we didn't already know and nothing that is in dispute

2 questions

Which club do you support ?
Which club do you or did you play for?

Premy
02-09-2014, 12:08 AM
2 questions

Rhetorical question.
No one and Irrelevant to both.

MFKS
02-09-2014, 07:35 AM
2 questions

Newcastle Jets - Don't even support some Plastic Euro Club like Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool like 90% of the plastic ****s in this country do

As a result I can go watch games in the local comp without any biased agenda as I support one club and am looking to settle agendas or gripes

Olympic Still don't see how this question is relevant.
Who I did or din't play for has **** all to do with anything

I don't blow smoke up Olympics arse and don't bag the **** out of them. I have though been critical of them from time to time when I have felt it is worthy but I don't watch them often enough to comment on anything other than what I see on the day I go

:woo:

De-Champ
02-09-2014, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the Scoop.

I suppose it would have been better if Belswans could beat the top two but not the bottom two and still finish third.

Havago
02-09-2014, 09:43 PM
:woo:

Well thanks for those comments MFKS, you may think your the only one that knows football because you played for Olympic but maybe you should stick to bagging them out instead of every other club. I can't see the point of making any comments on this forum if we have people like yourself thinking your the only one to know football and continue to criticize everything that is put up for debate or comment. This forum is a waste of space.

MFKS
03-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Well thanks for those comments MFKS, you may think your the only one that knows football because you played for Olympic but maybe you should stick to bagging them out instead of every other club. I can't see the point of making any comments on this forum if we have people like yourself thinking your the only one to know football and continue to criticize everything that is put up for debate or comment. This forum is a waste of space.

These comments make me wonder whether you are actually not that intelligent or you are arrogant.
This buddy is a forum for discussion an opinions are bandied about. If you are unable to accept that others have an alternate view to you then you may need to question yourself what you are doing here.

No I am not claiming that I know football any better than anyone else. Though your comments making out the forum is a waste of space because you don't agree with me makes me query whether you think you do know it all r are someway superior. If my opinion bothers you cause you don't agree with it either grow a pair and deal with it or move on

As for what club I played for as I said it is irrelevant.

I have no interest in them do not support them and other than watching a handful of games involving them each season have no involvement with them so why would I need to bag them out on anything other than what transpires when I am there??

Cunning stunts
03-09-2014, 09:58 AM
so lets get of this whinging topic.

on a brighter note whats everyones thoughts on results for the Big grandfinal?

im going with

1st Maitland win 3-1
reggies wouldnt mind see redbacks get up going for a 3-2 score line
19s im goin to have a stab at 2-2 and maitland on penaltys