View Full Version : 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

boz-monaut
03-01-2014, 08:59 AM
2014 Zone Premier League Thread

gk1985
06-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Newcastle Uni FC

Pre season training will commence this week.

Newcastle Uni FC will be competing in numerous levels of competition again this year (Zone Premier League, Zone League 2 and All Ages).

New players are welcome!

When: Tuesday 7th January 2014 at 6pm sharp.
Where: Empire Park (Across from Bar Beach)
What to bring: Boots, joggers and a towel.

For further information contact Josh 0422284293 or email joshua.piotrowski@uon.edu.au

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Zone Premier League side New Lambton Eagles will begin Pre Season training on the 28/1/14 from 6pm at Alder Park, New Lambton. All current and new players are welcome to join us for the 3 grades (First Grade, Reserve Grade and u/23's).
For further information please dont hesitate to contact our coaching staff:
Head Coach- Paul McGuiness- 0432611570
Assistant- Callum Manderson- 0419714181

hawk
09-01-2014, 09:05 PM
any movements in this div

gk1985
14-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Newcastle Uni FC

Pre-Season change of venue

Newcastle Uni FC will be changing its pre-season/trials location to Adamstown Park (melville st side near the velodrome) starting today (14/01/14).

New players are welcome!

When: Tuesday/Thursday 6pm sharp
Where: Adamstown Park (melville st side near the velodrome)
What to bring: Boots and joggers.

For further information contact Josh 0422284293 or email joshua.piotrowski@uon.edu.au

www.newcastleunifc.com (http://www.newcastleunifc.com)

Retro Jet
15-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Cooks Hill United FC invite any interested players for the 2014 Zone Premier League to trial for the upcoming season.
First training session to be held 6pm on Thursday, 23rd January at National Park Sportsground No.4 (Union St).
PM me for any additional information or contact the club Secretary at CHUFC.com/contact (http://www.cookshillfc.com/seniors/contact-us/)
ZL3 will also be commencing at the same time as ZPL

Gary
25-01-2014, 03:05 PM
Predictions anyone?

United
25-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Predictions anyone?

Depends, are Plattys still in the comp? I heard they still didn't have a coach or players

Gary
25-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Not sure united,I've heard they've been struggling a bit with numbers too. But it's early in pre-season,you're rarely going to get your whole squad to training this early in the year, I hope they get the numbers together & put forward a strong squad for 2014

Thomas477
25-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I thought Plattsy's problem was a lack of volunteers?

United
27-01-2014, 11:09 AM
I thought Plattsy's problem was a lack of volunteers?

No it's a lot deeper then that. The federation says they are fine. But from what I have been told and also heard. They are in big trouble. Would like someone from the club to tell me otherwise

Playitonthedeck
27-01-2014, 05:44 PM
From what I've heard wallsend will have another solid expect them to challenge in this division any one heard any news mayfield weather they kept same squad? Surely improve on last year

Bulldogs 1962
27-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Barnsley Bulldogs training starts tomorrow night 6pm down at our home ground all new players welcome to come along and enjoy a great club looking to push higher up the table this year after retaining our squad from last year and adding a few quality players.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
28-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Just a reminder that the New Lambton Eagles begin Pre Season training tonight at 6pm at Alder Park.

Nou Camp
31-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Any teams interested in trial with the Newcastle Suns please private message me
We have recruited strongly for 2014 so games should be a good test for both sides
Only problem from our end is our ground is unavailable until end of cricket season
Cheers

Jardelsimage
02-02-2014, 08:02 PM
ventured down and watched the tigers play valo 2hd, 1st game 0-0, regies valo 2-1 1st tigers 3-2.
tigers up 3-0 at one stage, not a bad match considering the conditions.
to early to comment how they will go as both had players missing

Eleganceisirrelevant
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Thoughts and prediction for this years season??

I'm tipping only 4 teams to seriously compete, I would say Wallsend, Cooks Hill, New Lambton and Barnsley.
?!?!?

leftrightout
03-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Thoughts and prediction for this years season??

I'm tipping only 4 teams to seriously compete, I would say Wallsend, Cooks Hill, New Lambton and Barnsley.
?!?!?

Interesting... i agree that Wallsend, Cooks Hill and Barnsley will all be right up there and be very hard to beat.
Cookers are always one of the teams to beat, Wallsend obviously a lot has been said about them, i have heard alot good things coming out of barnsley but I dont know much about new lambton.
What makes you think only these 4? Especially when Uni were so strong last year, Cardiff are always there or thereabouts.

Eleganceisirrelevant
03-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I heard rumours that uni had been promoted, if not they are more than a consideration.
Cardiff just not strong enough I think, were beaten by the teams I have mentioned and wallsend have strengthened dramatically and I have heard cooks hill have picked up a few.

Playitonthedeck
03-02-2014, 07:07 PM
From what I've heard mayfield may be also competitive added a few more quality players to there squad and different coaches

leftrightout
03-02-2014, 08:16 PM
The best thing about this league is that every team will be aiming for top 4 as a minimum. It's such a competitive and quality league. As I said, I can also see cookers barnsley and wallsend being top 4, but I don't think they will walk it in.
Good to hear peoples opinions though and I hadn't heard that about uni. Good luck to then if they do go up, they had a really strong whole club last year and deserve success!

leftrightout
03-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Also, if uni go up and Plattsy are no longer will it be an 8 team comp?

fresh
04-02-2014, 01:11 AM
uni's team is year dependent . on who is at the uni at the time. so its a bit of a lucky dip.

They havent been moved up.

Noone's mentioned dudley who were quality in all 3 grades last season. Wallsend should jump up with the best of them. Cooks hill be strong as always. can't comment on anyone else

idontwannaplaywithhowey
06-02-2014, 09:52 AM
There is talk in the ZL1 thread that Plattsy have dropped out of ZPL. Can anyone from Plattsburg confirm this?

Swanky
06-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Its almost come a time when all Zone League Grades become 1st and Reserves and if teams can have 4 teams they can enter 2 teams. Obviously both teams cant be in the same grade

leftrightout
06-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Also, if uni go up and Plattsy are no longer will it be an 8 team comp?

What do we think of this?

RANGER09
06-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Its almost come a time when all Zone League Grades become 1st and Reserves and if teams can have 4 teams they can enter 2 teams. Obviously both teams cant be in the same grade

That would be just too much common sense:deadhorse:, It is hard for ZL1 teams to field 3 sides and it reduces the quality of the games with guys backing up for 2 or sometimes 3 games, if a club is looking at promotion from ZL they now have the stepping stone to ZPL in preperation to NewFM to field 3 sides

gk1985
06-02-2014, 12:59 PM
I highly doubt anyone will be going up to NewFM

fresh
06-02-2014, 01:20 PM
not only that ^^ but they have to field a heap of age restricted sides even on the off chance they did let someone go to newfm . Look at zone premier league teams how many young kids do they have in them ? not many!

first grades full of ex nbn players that were in don't fit in the stupid age guidelines or just want to play for fun now and for the most part the rest of the league is filled with older blokes to.

apart from first grade nbn n newfm is for kids, What happened to ' if a kids good enough he'll take the old blokes spot anyway' Without giving the spots handed to em!

Eleganceisirrelevant
06-02-2014, 01:51 PM
This may be the case for a majority but far from correct!!

I think in wallsends first grade squad there average age would be 23 with about 2-3 players older than that. At max 27!!!

There is a lot to do with junior development at clubs to progress up but there is no way you can say no one will be promoted!! There are some very very average football sides in new fm and there is no doubt that a few zone premier teams would more than compete

Fridge
06-02-2014, 03:15 PM

I think in wallsends first grade squad there average age would be 23 with about 2-3 players older than that. At max 27!!!

There is a lot to do with junior development at clubs to progress up but there is no way you can say no one will be promoted!! There are some very very average football sides in new fm and there is no doubt that a few zone premier teams would more than compete

From what I am aware of from attending various meetings at both Zone NNSW level there is no promotion to New FM and above the only way up is through application only with certain criteria to be met such as facilities, funds, junior teams, stable committee and to a lesser extent results (based on NPL licence). Thornton & Singo are the only teams in the top 2 grades that don't have NPL licences so the only way I can see any Club going up from the Zone leagues to any of the top 2 grades (NEW FM & NBN) would be that they are approved for a NPL licence or they are closer to getting one then Thornton or Singo. Purely my opinion only based on what i have heard over the last 12 months or so.

fresh
06-02-2014, 03:49 PM

everybody knows that so many zpl teams would make a run at the newfm title. newfm is a joke .

some people dont realise that theres actually quality running around in zone leagues.

how can cooks hill be in the mix of zpl every year and never get a look in moving up grades when theres terrible teams in newfm?

watch how spread out newfm table will be and watch how close zpl will be this year. wasnt there 12-0 thumpings in newfm last year. bit of a joke!

seldom
06-02-2014, 08:52 PM
newfm is normally spread out cause you have a couple of teams spending big trying to get into nbn and others with limited funds just getting by IMO

NewFM 2014
07-02-2014, 10:06 AM
everybody knows that so many zpl teams would make a run at the newfm title. newfm is a joke .

some people dont realise that theres actually quality running around in zone leagues.

how can cooks hill be in the mix of zpl every year and never get a look in moving up grades when theres terrible teams in newfm?

watch how spread out newfm table will be and watch how close zpl will be this year. wasnt there 12-0 thumpings in newfm last year. bit of a joke!

Agree that the NewFm is a very unbalanced comp and some pretty poor teams. I agree that a few ZPL clubs could potentially hold there own

But to say they would make a run for the comp ? would be interesting to know what makes you think this ? I take it ZPL will be stronger from all the fall down from state league and there new points rules

United
07-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Pretty obvious why Cooks Hill never get a look in to go up. Their facilities are crap and always have been. When the away team has to change in a demountable shed.
As for promotion to newfm. I don't know why teams keep bothering to try and get up. The fees are a joke, the amount of youth teams is terrible and competition worse. Plus arent they restructuring the whole NNSW into that stupid elite comp? Where it will be 10 teams and rest back in Zone. So going up will mean in 1 to 2 years time coming back down.

United
07-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Uni promoted to what? They don't have the junior teams to meet the criteria. Plus their ground is not fenced in so that goes against them

boz-monaut
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Plattsburg are officially out - email just received from Newcastle Football

Replaced by Kahibah

Fridge
07-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Just received this from the Zone boss man

Morning

So far the 2014 preseason has faced a “few speed bumps”, fixtures are still be finalised, be patient, divisions have been reorganised due to Clubs difficulty to participate in a particular division (criteria based); thanks to those clubs for the early update and all the best for the restructure within your club.

Now to the best kept secret in ZFL…….not.

First of all to the Committee at Plattsburg, appreciate the honesty of your decision and all the best for your particular restructure over the next few seasons.

Yes Plattsburg have now officially withdrawn from Premier Division and will be regarded to League Two.
On the subject of their replacement on behalf of the Joint Zone Panel I forward the following.
After due process and procedure to select another club to enter Premier League; contacting the top four clubs from 2013 League One season and offer them the opportunity, failing that there was an acceptance from that group we consider all other Clubs from the 2013 League One competition, irrespective of ladder position.

Congratulations to Kahibah FC for their selection into the 2014 Zone Football Premier League.

The fixtures for Premier and other Divisions affected by this move will be a focus to complete over the next few days, the adjustments will be distributed at the earliest. Adjustments to the other League lists will be forthcoming after further communications.

howardyou
07-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Pretty obvious why Cooks Hill never get a look in to go up. Their facilities are crap and always have been. When the away team has to change in a demountable shed.
As for promotion to newfm. I don't know why teams keep bothering to try and get up. The fees are a joke, the amount of youth teams is terrible and competition worse. Plus arent they restructuring the whole NNSW into that stupid elite comp? Where it will be 10 teams and rest back in Zone. So going up will mean in 1 to 2 years time coming back down.

Newcastle Council have just put the upgrade of the Athletics field out to tender. Looks about $300k ish..... New canteen / Amenities and extended sheds to the rear of the grandstand. Just shame about the pitch now.
Yes you can play on it when it rains, but i even hate playing on it in the dry. Not conducive to good football at all.

boz-monaut
07-02-2014, 07:07 PM
have another look at the pitch at the Athletics Field this season

if it wasn't ruined during early wet weather last season it would have looked a lot better last season as well

light years ahead of where it was before we started putting a bit of TLC into it (and water, lots of nasty chemicals and water)

Playitonthedeck
07-02-2014, 08:52 PM
New is a joke think nnsw need to change the rules and forget the age limits still have a 19s but bring back reserve grade the quality is just not there, realistically maitland and bel swans maybe westy and valentine are only teams of having a crack, surely teams such as wallsend cookers mayfield uni Dudley would all be competitive in new fm again just age restrictions as to why most these players are the clubs

fresh
08-02-2014, 12:27 AM
New is a joke think nnsw need to change the rules and forget the age limits still have a 19s but bring back reserve grade the quality is just not there, realistically maitland and bel swans maybe westy and valentine are only teams of having a crack, surely teams such as wallsend cookers mayfield uni Dudley would all be competitive in new fm again just age restrictions as to why most these players are the clubs

that would make to much sence. and id actually go watch reserve grade then.

People scream development and i get that but if a kid cant take an older blokes spot without age restrictions he isn't going to make it anyway.

Playitonthedeck
08-02-2014, 08:05 AM
that would make to much sence. and id actually go watch reserve grade then.

People scream development and i get that but if a kid cant take an older blokes spot without age restrictions he isn't going to make it anyway.
Having played in new fm and zpl now can safely say zpl reserves is a much better standard then 23s new fm a lot more quality zpl

leftrightout
10-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Barnsley beat Thornton 4-2 yesterday, unsure of other grades.

pagey85
10-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Barnsley beat Thornton 4-2 yesterday, unsure of other grades.

i think it was 3 or 4-0 to thornton in 3rds
1-1 in res

Football lover
14-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Jay dobinson to Thornton I've herd lad was at edgeworth last season rumours going around Nathan Mcallister out of jail and back there under his dad

Reds Forever
14-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Does anyone else think Warners Bay were hard done by not getting chance to come back up?

Considering the previous few years that were front runners in comp and had one bad year due to coaching issues at start of year.

They were relegated in last round, reserves made semis and thid grade won GF.

Surely they were more deserving of place in ZPL then Kahibah.

mcsc
15-02-2014, 12:59 AM
They probably are feeling hard done by but then again Kahibah had one bad year in their 11 years in ZPL and paid the price for that year. In their time in ZPL they were probably only behind New Lambton and Cardiff in regards to overall club success and longevity in that comp with minor and major premierships in all 3 grades. Its tough on Warners Bay especially as there are some strong clubs in ZL1 which makes it hard to bounce straight back up.

John Doe
15-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Does anyone else think Warners Bay were hard done by not getting chance to come back up?

Considering the previous few years that were front runners in comp and had one bad year due to coaching issues at start of year.

They were relegated in last round, reserves made semis and thid grade won GF.

Surely they were more deserving of place in ZPL then Kahibah.

I think the problems at the Bay went beyond just form on the field.
At the end of last season they couldn't use the canteen because apparently there was a tiff with the Junior club, and heard plenty of rumours about problems on the committee.
Shame, as they had obviously put in a lot of work to get where they were, but if they were crumbling and Kahibah are growing then I say give Kahibah a shot.

Reds Forever
16-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Think people are being a little generous that Kahibah only had one bad year. They finished 6th in 2012 in 1st grade, 26 points off first place. 2013 they finished 7th and were 23 points behind.

Am not sure of Warners Bays issues with Juniors but do know they were not even offered chance to go back to ZPL.

Bit tough considering they minor premiers by 6 points in 2012.

Personally think that it is wrong that team that finishes 7th gets promoted. Would rather see no relegation then this.

fresh
17-02-2014, 01:05 AM
dont worry reds. they'll be back down next season. Ive heard they've attracked about 3 first graders following the coaching staff. Rest is last years zl1 squad. Wont cut it in zpl unless many more new players. Coach is optimistic on winning thinking its 'only third division football'. Hes got a rude shock ahead.

Playitonthedeck
17-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Mayfield vs Doyalson yesterday res/3rds mayo 7-0 1st mayo 4-2

NewFM 2014
17-02-2014, 01:10 PM
dont worry reds. they'll be back down next season. Ive heard they've attracked about 3 first graders following the coaching staff. Rest is last years zl1 squad. Wont cut it in zpl unless many more new players. Coach is optimistic on winning thinking its 'only third division football'. Hes got a rude shock ahead.

Knowing CT as most do in the Newcastle football community I dont believe a word of this sorry. CT would never disrespect either ZPL or the multiple amount of people he knows both coaching and playing in it as he knows its a highly competitive comp .. Sorry to be offensive but I believe this to be nonsense

supa
17-02-2014, 01:58 PM
'only third division football'.

is that a direct quote from CT

United
17-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Surprised that Kahibah have only 3 new players considering they are throwing money at everyone.

fresh
17-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Surprised that Kahibah have only 3 new players considering they are throwing money at everyone.

bin told they have had a few come. just only 3 or so quality players. Apperently theres more to come. I dont know this is just second hand info from a mate at the club

roundballsarebetter
17-02-2014, 02:50 PM

Not What I have heard , I have heard quite the contrary that he has a fair few players( 7-8) with state league expierience (As in played last year or in the last few years, which grade not sure). Has accumilated these players with a promise of a relaxed routine compared to NBN training schedule. My source is a current player in training there atm.

I would find it suprising that Northern NSW would give kahibah a free pass up a division without Kahibah having to at least present some sort of medium term plan.

fresh
17-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Not What I have heard , I have heard quite the contrary that he has a fair few players( 7-8) with state league expierience (As in played last year or in the last few years, which grade not sure). Has accumilated these players with a promise of a relaxed routine compared to NBN training schedule. My source is a current player in training there atm.

I would find it suprising that Northern NSW would give kahibah a free pass up a division without Kahibah having to at least present some sort of medium term plan.

well that's probably right then. The relaxed routine is right. Some zpl clubs training 3 times a week. Kahibah once for an hour. Very relaxed!

roundballsarebetter
17-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Yeah I heard that only training once a week , strange to say the least

NewFM 2014
17-02-2014, 03:27 PM
From what i was told it was originally only 4th division football. when they were in zl1. Now its only 3rd divsion football and he expects to win the comp. Don't want to go any further into it this is just what i was told off a source which I 100 percent believe. Not interested in argueing about it :)

thats class - I dont want to get into an arguement but I will tell you my point of view first but please dont reply , ooh and my source is 100% correct :-) ... I should try that with my wife ...

Leftback at Home
17-02-2014, 03:31 PM
I don't see a problem with it if you have guys who have been playing for a while (years) & are prepared to keep themselves fit in their own time. Come together once a week, bring your intensity & concentrate on football. If it's what the players want, the benefit to the players personal lives, physical & mental freshness could outweigh the benefits of an extra nights training. Pros & cons as always - only time will tell.

fresh
17-02-2014, 03:35 PM
thats class - I dont want to get into an arguement but I will tell you my point of view first but please dont reply , ooh and my source is 100% correct :-) ... I should try that with my wife ...

women do it all the time. May as well do it back

Premy
17-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Definitely got a future with the Liberal party

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-02-2014, 10:23 AM
It should be a really tough competition again this year.
Cooks Hill and University have been the standout teams for a few years now, and would expect to be right up the top.
Wallsend have spent a fair bit of cash and have plans to continue up the football food chain I've heard.
Kahibah again have money to spend and have experienced coaches that will bring in a number of players.
Barnsley were tough last year and may well benefit from the chaos at Westy due to their close proximity.
New Lambton had a poor year last year, but will be a much better side this time out.
Mayfield just missed out on semis last year, but will be in there fighting for a spot.
Cardiff are also always strong and sniffing around semi's. Could go a little higher depending on recruitment.
Again Dudley have a strong culture and were very strong last year, and you would expect the same.
Swansea have been getting more competitive over the last few years too, and would be hoping to push for semi's id assume.

I don't think we will see many of the drubbings that occurred last year, and all teams will be hopeful of semi final spots. So it should be a good season in ZPL this year I reckon.

Koala
19-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Wallsend have spent a fair bit of cash and have plans to continue up the football food chain I've heard.
Kahibah again have money to spend and have experienced coaches that will bring in a number of players.

Spending money in ZPL, ha ha ha.. what does that even mean? How much would a player at these clubs get?

What players have Kahibah signed/ spent money on?!

Premy
19-02-2014, 03:05 PM
What players have Kahibah signed/ spent money on?!
I'm not sure about match payments but I know of a few blokes that have had there Rego covered.

gk1985
19-02-2014, 03:24 PM
After we won the GF the hero striker (I don't know his name) from Cardiff came up to us all when we were celebrating at the pub saying "I get paid to play, you don't". Not sure of the amount etc.

also know a few people from other clubs been offered match payments.

Koala
19-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure about match payments but I know of a few blokes that have had there Rego covered.

Well thats a bit different to spending money and splashing the cash.

oneeye
19-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Notice new draft draw is out and it looks like Adamstown got there way and New Lambton are no longer at Adamstown oval .

Koala
19-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Notice new draft draw is out and it looks like Adamstown got there way and New Lambton are no longer at Adamstown oval .

Where can i find the draw?

Jardelsimage
19-02-2014, 03:48 PM
After we won the GF the hero striker (I don't know his name) from Cardiff came up to us all when we were celebrating at the pub saying "I get paid to play, you don't". Not sure of the amount etc.

also know a few people from other clubs been offered match payments.

no hero strikers at Cardiff.......

mussfc
19-02-2014, 03:55 PM
no hero strikers at Cardiff.......
Not since that Old bloke in 3rd grade retired a few years ago.....

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Where can i find the draw?

I wouldn't mind seeing that as well...Particularly as New Lambton haven't been informed of any plans to relocate us by the Newcastle City Council.

ForeverRed
19-02-2014, 04:56 PM
me too

late_to_the_game
19-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing that as well...Particularly as New Lambton haven't been informed of any plans to relocate us by the Newcastle City Council.

That is the huge problem with the NCC ground allocation system. Applications for winter use only closed on the 7th of Feb, and they usually take forever to let everyone know what they have decided.....

slobsy
19-02-2014, 06:38 PM
draw has New Lambton playing at Alder Park (TBC)

ForeverRed
19-02-2014, 06:40 PM
its adisgrace if thats the case, NCC approached New Lambton to play there years ago because the facility wasn't getting used, I honestly can not see why they can not play there,

Jardelsimage
19-02-2014, 07:01 PM
its adisgrace if thats the case, NCC approached New Lambton to play there years ago because the facility wasn't getting used, I honestly can not see why they can not play there,

because Adamstown don't want them there, and they are called New Lambton :lol::wink:

ForeverRed
19-02-2014, 07:27 PM
No different to when Cardiff played in hillsborough I would think

hawk
19-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Not since that Old bloke in 3rd grade retired a few years ago.....
lol, got paid in cans id reckon

does Alder park pass any of the criteria? best ground to watch from the bowlo

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-02-2014, 09:03 PM
In relation to the draw etc no one from The New Lambton Eagles FC will be commenting until we can get some clarification from the relevant parties ( ie/ Newcastle football and Newcastle city council). Of course everyone has the right to speculate about it all, but it will be just that...At least it gives you blokes something to talk about in the off season hey.

boz-monaut
19-02-2014, 09:03 PM
it was emailed to clubs today - contact your club if you want it

Imyourhero
19-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Did barnsley play weston last night?

Thomas477
20-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Alder Park could be interesting. HCCF have been using the ground for at least the past 2 years to play comp games on Saturdays at 1 & 3 respectively. If New Lambton had to play their games on Saturdsy, that'll cause issues.

Jardelsimage
20-02-2014, 09:57 AM
No different to when Cardiff played in hillsborough I would think

A hell of a lot different I think, they returned to Cardiff as soon as a ground became available didn't they.........so the comparison is ???????

ForeverRed
20-02-2014, 10:51 AM
The point is they still played there,

Jardelsimage
21-02-2014, 08:39 AM
The point is they still played there,

the point is that they went there as they had no other ground and returned as soon as they were given the chance!!!!!end of story.......

lets not get into a stoush about who's playing where, etc as that will ultimately lead to my other favourite subject $$$$$ in lower divisions, buying comps to go nowhere, dropping divisions because $$ cant be sustained, etc, etc, etc....if that happens I will more than likely get barred again.......as someone else will bite......cheers

lafootball
22-02-2014, 07:13 PM
Wallsend travelled to Coffs to play Coffs United in a trial game.
Ressies 3-2 Coffs
Firsts 4-3 Wallsend

RANGER09
22-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Wallsend travelled to Coffs to play Coffs United in a trial game.
Ressies 3-2 Coffs
Firsts 4-3 Wallsend

Sounds like it May have been good match up for a state cup game;) any match reports?

Football lover
23-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Did barnsley play weston last night?

Yes Barnsley got beaten 8/1 Weston very very sharp

Greenz
24-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Barnsley vs cessnock
1st: 4-2 Barnsley
Res: 1-0 (I think) cessnock
3rd: 4-1 or 4-0 Cessnock

topdog
24-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Another poor performance by a newfm team. Defiantly the zpl will be a far stronger comp, good to see.

Has anyone else heard that westy are getting the punt?

NewFM 2014
24-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Another poor performance by a newfm team. Defiantly the zpl will be a far stronger comp, good to see.

Has anyone else heard that westy are getting the punt?

Topdog I tend to agree that the ZPL will be a more competitive league than NewFM , it always is to be honest as there tends to only be two (perhaps the odd occasion 3) teams that fight for the title in NewFM and in ZPL their is always 3,4 or 5 teams that could potentially win it.

NewFM has always had a few teams in it that would not in my opinion challange for ZPL title if relegated , but please dont for a second think that ZPL does not have a few stinking teams also and that across the whole league its a better quality league . In my opinion that simply is not the case.

The simple answer is relax the criteria a little and give these ambitious ZPL teams a chance to push the bottome half of the NewFM back to a level they would be more comfortable in.

I would however love to see the restriction on ZPL teams gaining entry into NewFM lifted as it would soon sort itself out and I would expect a strong Cooks Hill , Wallsend (apologies for any other ambitious clubs I have missed) etc to make more of an impact on NewFM than some of the current clubs who add nothing to the NewFM comp.

Zeus
24-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Topdog I tend to agree that the ZPL will be a more competitive league than NewFM , it always is to be honest as there tends to only be two (perhaps the odd occasion 3) teams that fight for the title in NewFM and in ZPL their is always 3,4 or 5 teams that could potentially win it.

NewFM has always had a few teams in it that would not in my opinion challange for ZPL title if relegated , but please dont for a second think that ZPL does not have a few stinking teams also and that across the whole league its a better quality league . In my opinion that simply is not the case.

The simple answer is relax the criteria a little and give these ambitious ZPL teams a chance to push the bottome half of the NewFM back to a level they would be more comfortable in.

I would however love to see the restriction on ZPL teams gaining entry into NewFM lifted as it would soon sort itself out and I would expect a strong Cooks Hill , Wallsend (apologies for any other ambitious clubs I have missed) etc to make more of an impact on NewFM than some of the current clubs who add nothing to the NewFM comp.

Totally agree,
I think the top 3 ZPL teams swapping with the bottom 3 New FM teams would make New FM a lot stronger competition, that's for sure!

fresh
24-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Totally agree,
I think the top 3 ZPL teams swapping with the bottom 3 New FM teams would make New FM a lot stronger competition, that's for sure!

if you saw last year they were all good. adding wallsend and dropping warnersbay. it will be an even tighter comp. I honestly believe youd promote more than 3. Valo, belswans,maitland and maybe one other would stay in newfm you'd replace the rest with ambitious zpl teams which would only build teams with even more quality if promoted!

topdog
24-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Totally agree,

To be fair with trial results I think it's more then the top 3 teams. I think nnsw needs to have a look. So far cardiff cooks Barnsley getting results as well as Dudley pushing teams.

oneeye
24-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Totally agree,

Not sure that is the answer.
The problem is the structure of the comp , not having a reserve grade, not enough teams etc, clubs promoted would struggle to attract players just as the clubs there are having.

leftrightout
24-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Barnsley vs cessnock
1st: 4-2 Barnsley
Res: 1-0 (I think) cessnock
3rd: 4-1 or 4-0 Cessnock

Barnsley look like they have managed to keep the same squad plus add a couple of other very quality players.
That big new striker will cause a lot of teams trouble this season!

fresh
24-02-2014, 01:31 PM
To be fair with trial results I think it's more then the top 3 teams. I think nnsw needs to have a look. So far cardiff cooks Barnsley getting results as well as Dudley pushing teams.

dont forget uni last years winners, wallsend did well to beat a state league side and there real strong too, mayfield good last year also!

fresh
24-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Not sure that is the answer.
The problem is the structure of the comp , not having a reserve grade, not enough teams etc, clubs promoted would struggle to attract players just as the clubs there are having.

yeah true your right all the age restrictions crap. Only sport in australia that does age restrictions so badley. Its beyond a joke.
Zpl's the highest league without all that bullshit. No wonder its punching above its weight. Maybe that should tell people something!

pagey85
24-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Barnsley look like they have managed to keep the same squad plus add a couple of other very quality players.
That big new striker will cause a lot of teams trouble this season!

not too sure if he has confirmed he will with us this year.
he is currently training with Edgy i think.

NewFM 2014
24-02-2014, 02:13 PM
dont forget uni last years winners, wallsend did well to beat a state league side and there real strong too, mayfield good last year also!

I rate ZPL highly but if your going to bring up teams such as Mayfield then thats when i would pull out of the conversation as thats pointless replacing like for like - It has to be a team that has real ambitions to challange NewFM and further still push for State League otherwise as mentioned its just replacing like for like.

If clubs are going to move up a grade and I am all for that then at least make it clubs that have ambition and can progress and add value to NewFM on and off the park. This is not meant as a direct dig at Mayfield although may appear to be but if your going to tell me they are going to do anything different to say a Singleton or Thornton or a Cessnock then I totally disagree.

Uni , there issues are outwith there control and they never quite know if they are going to have quality until the uni students rock up .

NewFM needs shake up and ZPL deserves the chance for progression.

Hell why not just through the two comps together !!!! and have a one up one down from state league if winners meet criteria and a play off between 2nd bottom State league and 2nd top NewFM - again if this club finishing 2nd in NewFM meets criteria for State League.

It would make the State league very interesting knowing that 2nd bottom could be a dangerous place to be depending on who is sitting in 2nd in NewFM.

topdog
24-02-2014, 04:27 PM
yeah true your right all the age restrictions crap. Only sport in australia that does age restrictions so badley. Its beyond a joke.
Zpl's the highest league without all that bullshit. No wonder its punching above its weight. Maybe that should tell people something!

Not wrong safe to say all zpl sides this year won't be able to think they have an easy game on the weekend

Eleganceisirrelevant
26-02-2014, 09:44 AM
But yet in new fm, you go into majority of your games knowing you are going to punish a side!
What a joke. Northern needs to get onto this forum and have a look what people are saying. 5 sides could so easily be swapped from ZPL TO NEWFM. And be more than comfortable!!

This age restriction rubbish needs to go, no where else does it in any other comp to the extent we have!
Competitions are being destroyed, you need people with experience in teams to do well!

Look like guys like mark Wilson!!
Legend and has been such an influence at edge worth.

Leftback at Home
26-02-2014, 10:08 AM
NEWFM seems to be just an U23's development League for those still hoping to play NBN & it is a poor one at that.
ZPL is a better league as you have players who are older & experienced who are scalling back their Football commitments due to work & family.
Age restrictions should be scrapped past U18 (if not U16) for several reasons:
- The better players will be playing 1st grade at that age anyway, & if you're not the likelyhood of you developing into an A-League player is slim.
- You learn more off older more experienced players (both playing with and against) then you do against lesser players your own age.
- With the points system it is now harder for one team to stockpile a 1st grade quality side in Reserve grade, thus the talent is spread.
Get it back to being 1st, Reserves & U18 across NBN, NEWFM, ZPL & Zone Leagues. Open up promotion and relegation across all comps (to a degree - NBN needs to remain an elite comp accross all criteria). Teams then set their own ambitions & build squads, grounds and commitment levels required to match.

Eleganceisirrelevant
26-02-2014, 10:17 AM
There is no reason at all these competitions cannot become two up and two down! Would make those nbn sides work so much harder for it and then those teams coming down would make the grade below even stronger!! It is an absolute disgrace what northern are doing to these competitions.
You do not have a bye!! Promote a side and scrap this bullshit age restriction. The fact is that first grade side at wallsend they we have come across, I would say there average age is 22-23!! And they are a great football team with guys that have played nbn for years! These guys want to bring this club back to what it was not all that long ago.
If you are good enough why should any club be held back!

Koala
26-02-2014, 10:38 AM
There is no reason at all these competitions cannot become two up and two down! Would make those nbn sides work so much harder for it and then those teams coming down would make the grade below even stronger!! It is an absolute disgrace what northern are doing to these competitions.
You do not have a bye!! Promote a side and scrap this bullshit age restriction. The fact is that first grade side at wallsend they we have come across, I would say there average age is 22-23!! And they are a great football team with guys that have played nbn for years! These guys want to bring this club back to what it was not all that long ago.

Back to getting smashed 10-0 each week in newfm?! :fright:

Eleganceisirrelevant
26-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Before you get smart about it? May I ask who you play for, and if you have seen wallsend play at all in the last year or so?

They have had quality results against a first division side from the central coast, also beat South Cardiff and coffs united! Please explain??!

Also the club was on the verge of folding at that time and I would say there would be 2 players from that team then that still play!
Keep your opinion to yourself because you clearly have no idea about where this club has come from or is now

ForeverRed
26-02-2014, 10:58 AM
If you had done your homework you would know that under instructions from FFA is why the age categories are in place, this then allows NNSWF to compete in NPL, NNSWF were also instrumental in having some age restrictions lifted as the criteria set down by FFA were deemed not positive for our region, NPL and newfm clubs supported and voted for current system allowed by the FFA which will eventually see the reserve grade become u20s, your rant towards NNSWF shows your knowledge on this subject to be very little, your opinion is appreciated but learn the facts first

Eleganceisirrelevant
26-02-2014, 11:02 AM
I am far from the only person that agrees on this matter???

So there is no way it could be first, Reserves and under 19's ever again??
That's crap! It's not about knowing the facts or doing homework.
It's an opinion of what would make the quality of football in newcastle greater again!

Koala
26-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Before you get smart about it? May I ask who you play for, and if you have seen wallsend play at all in the last year or so?

They have had quality results against a first division side from the central coast, also beat South Cardiff and coffs united! Please explain??!

Also the club was on the verge of folding at that time and I would say there would be 2 players from that team then that still play!
Keep your opinion to yourself because you clearly have no idea about where this club has come from or is now

Goodluck to Wallsend in this years ZPL. :)

ForeverRed
26-02-2014, 12:13 PM
I am far from the only person that agrees on this matter???

So there is no way it could be first, Reserves and under 19's ever again??
That's crap! It's not about knowing the facts or doing homework.
It's an opinion of what would make the quality of football in newcastle greater again!
You need to take your argument up with the FFA

The General
26-02-2014, 12:51 PM

What does it matter which club he plays for?
Have Wallsend got a young third grade where they could field a youth side if promoted (under 19's)?
Have Wallsend been working towards getting a 22's side together instead of a reserve grade if promoted?
If so, thats great forward thinking - which is what any club with thoughts of progressing progressing through the competitions should do.
Beating clubs like South Cardiff and Coffs is great for you. COngratulations - but its February and no-one really cares for results.

leftrightout
26-02-2014, 01:14 PM
but its February and no-one really cares for results.

Its funny how much you hear this when a team from a "lower division" beats a team from a "high division".
Its pre season, not at full strength, experimenting etc....
The funny thing is, for all these ZPL team who have been towelling up the NEWFM teams, it is also only february and they probably havent been training as long as NEWFM teams!

De-Champ
26-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Its funny how much you hear this when a team from a "lower division" beats a team from a "high division".
Its pre season, not at full strength, experimenting etc....
The funny thing is, for all these ZPL team who have been towelling up the NEWFM teams, it is also only february and they probably havent been training as long as NEWFM teams!

So what.. a team from a lower division beats a team from a higher division....WOW That is the first time I have heard of that happening. A few years ago a team from the 3rd level in England knocked Man Utd out o fthe FA Cup (or was it the league cup) what are suggesting that, that team should be in the premier league. FFS
Last year before the season started Rosebuds (who were in NEWFM at the time) beat Magic in a trial game. All of you have tipped Rosebuds to come last in NBN... on that logic Rosebud should go close to winning NBN.

leftrightout
26-02-2014, 01:39 PM
So what.. a team from a lower division beats a team from a higher division....WOW That is the first time I have heard of that happening. A few years ago a team from the 3rd level in England knocked Man Utd out o fthe FA Cup (or was it the league cup) what are suggesting that, that team should be in the premier league. FFS
Last year before the season started Rosebuds (who were in NEWFM at the time) beat Magic in a trial game. All of you have tipped Rosebuds to come last in NBN... on that logic Rosebud should go close to winning NBN.

Im not saying any of the ZPL teams would win NEWFM im just saying that they are proving they are stronger than a few of the NEWFM teams.

- Cooks Hill smashed Westy (we now know westy have some problems)
- Cardiff put 6 past singo and beat valo 3-2
- Mayfield put 5 or something past thornton
- Barnsley have put 4 past both thornton and cessnock
- Dudley pushed belswans in a 2-1 loss (still use this example as belswans are one of the better teams in NEWFM)

And i may be leaving some out... feel free to add to the list!

These arent a fluke 1-0 result in a cup game. This preseason ZPL teams have been really hurting the lower NEWFM teams and the few against the better teams have been competitive.

De-Champ
26-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Im not saying any of the ZPL teams would win NEWFM im just saying that they are proving they are stronger than a few of the NEWFM teams.

- Dudley pushed belswans in a 2-1 loss (still use this example as belswans are one of the better teams in NEWFM)

These arent a fluke 1-0 result in a cup game. This preseason ZPL teams have been really hurting the lower NEWFM teams and the few against the better teams have been competitive.

There is a big difference in winning in trial games (which no body gives a ...) and playing week in week out in the comp. Just look at the Jets, undefeated or pretty close to being undefeated in trial games against A League sides, but look at them once the comp starts. Probably could not beat your ZPL side.

leftrightout
26-02-2014, 02:22 PM
There is a big difference in winning in trial games (which no body gives a ...) and playing week in week out in the comp. Just look at the Jets, undefeated or pretty close to being undefeated in trial games against A League sides, but look at them once the comp starts. Probably could not beat your ZPL side.

Theres also a big difference in losing a trial 2-1 or 1-0 and losing and conceding 4 5 or 6.
This would surely be fairly worrying for the manager, seeing their team lose by such big margins to lower league teams, regardless of if its a trial or not. As i said, it is also a trial for the ZPL teams!

Again, im not saying these ZPL teams would win NEWFM but i really believe they would be competitive, more often than some of the teams already there.

hawk
26-02-2014, 02:27 PM

a more outrageous concept, we have a preseason round which decides who goes into newfm and ZPL. each zpl team is drawn against a newfm team played home and away. not sure what happens to ressies etc. boat races after the game:whistling:

leftrightout
26-02-2014, 03:05 PM
a more outrageous concept, we have a preseason round which decides who goes into newfm and ZPL. each zpl team is drawn against a newfm team played home and away. not sure what happens to ressies etc. boat races after the game:whistling:

Hahaha i do like that ressies concept, it would be a tough battle!

pv4
26-02-2014, 03:16 PM
boat races after the game:whistling:

Forget the game, just do the boat races! A candidate from each grade plus a designated hitter.

NNSW to put the Boat Race Draw on youtube, and even though Magic won't be in it, they'll still get the best draw somehow.

:rof:

Zeus
26-02-2014, 03:41 PM
:rof: :yay:

Forget the game, just do the boat races! A candidate from each grade plus a designated hitter.

NNSW to put the Boat Race Draw on youtube, and even though Magic won't be in it, they'll still get the best draw somehow.

:rof:

ForeverRed
26-02-2014, 04:10 PM
They'll be in it but only drinking out of nip glasses

topdog
27-02-2014, 08:09 PM
The thing is with a few of the zpl clubs is there not there for the money or the glory otherwise they would be playing nbn instead of sitting on here saying how good they are, they just enjoy playin with the local mates and enjoy beers after the game without the pressure of having to make trainjng two or three times a night

LINGERA
28-02-2014, 08:50 AM
two or three times a night

What ya got goin up in there mate?

topdog
28-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Sorry champion a week

Thomas477
04-03-2014, 03:36 PM
So, anyone heard any more on New Lambton's home ground yet?

I had a look at the draws online and on July 12th, Adamstown AND New Lambton are meant to be playing at Adamstown Oval at the same time, could be interesting....

Greenz
07-03-2014, 01:12 PM
prediction. our comps real tight so it could be anywhere
up top
cookers, uni(depending on who plays there I guess), wallsend,
mid
Dudley, Barnsley, Cardiff, Kahibah
bottom
New Lambton, Swansea, mayfield

hawk
09-03-2014, 08:36 AM
The thing is with a few of the zpl clubs is there not there for the money or the glory otherwise they would be playing nbn instead of sitting on here saying how good they are, they just enjoy playin with the local mates and enjoy beers after the game without the pressure of having to make trainjng two or three times a night

IMO all first grade ZPL teams take it pretty serious. Its when teams arent gonna figure in the in the semis that it turns into beers with mates. 3rd grade is about clubmen :)

hawk
09-03-2014, 08:40 AM
So, anyone heard any more on New Lambton's home ground yet?

I had a look at the draws online and on July 12th, Adamstown AND New Lambton are meant to be playing at Adamstown Oval at the same time, could be interesting....

have a pen shootout loser goes to Alder superdome

Guiltykeep
09-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Suburbs vs Cardiff City
3rds 3-0 Cardiff
Res 3-2 Cardiff
1st 5-0 suburbs

hawk
09-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Suburbs vs Cardiff City
3rds 3-0 Cardiff
Res 3-2 Cardiff
1st 5-0 suburbs

dont usually read much into trials but 5-0 down. Cardiff have a true squad in 1sts? or has the all conquering ressies stepped up :blush:

Guiltykeep
10-03-2014, 07:32 AM
dont usually read much into trials but 5-0 down. Cardiff have a true squad in 1sts? or has the all conquering ressies stepped up :blush:
I could only see birchy and Alec Sullivan missing the rest was
1st grade I believe

Jardelsimage
10-03-2014, 08:40 AM
I could only see birchy and Alec Sullivan missing the rest was
1st grade I believe
both sides had a few missing, Tigers just didn't turn up for the game.

Spectator
10-03-2014, 10:31 AM
The Suns v New Lambton Eagles Yesterday
Thirds 3-0 Eagles
Reggies 6-1 Eagles
Firsts - 4-2 Eagles

Suarez
10-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Hamilton olymipc v kahibah reggies 4.0 to kahiba Firsts 2.0 to olympic

RANGER09
10-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Hamilton olymipc v kahibah reggies 4.0 to kahiba Firsts 2.0 to olympic

Any reports to follow?

Suarez
10-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah the ground was terrible a cow paddock would have been better. Kahibah were alright but I think they will struggle in zpl this year. Olympic showed that they will be top 4 this year depending on how many will go overseas for the World Cup

darthmuller
14-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Was this Olympic from the state league?

leftrightout
14-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Was this Olympic from the state league?

You would think not considering Kahibah won res 4-0... i could be wrong though and i would be mighty impressed if i was!

Swanky
14-03-2014, 09:36 AM
No it was Olympic from ZL2

Drunken ranger
14-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I watched most of the first half of the kahibah game they have some handy players but show the effects of not playing together before and only training one night a week

topdog
15-03-2014, 03:19 PM
IMO all first grade ZPL teams take it pretty serious. Its when teams arent gonna figure in the in the semis that it turns into beers with mates. 3rd grade is about clubmen :)

3rd grade is for duds

Bulldogs 1962
15-03-2014, 04:39 PM
3rd grade is for duds
I'm sure I remember you playing in 3rds one game last year, you dud.

Bulldogs 1962
15-03-2014, 04:41 PM

And at the dogs our first grade are our biggest parties all year round, still want to win but definitely love to party and have fun with mates.

topdog
15-03-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm sure I remember you playing in 3rds one game last year, you dud.

He played in his wheel chair

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
16-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Charlestown (ZL2) are looking for a trial game on the 29th March, 1st grade and reserve grade. PM me to discuss. cheers.

United
17-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Dudley smashed Garden Suburbs in the State Cup yesterday. Should have been 10 not 6. So I would be looking at Dudley as one of the teams to beat this year. They were missing a couple of players as well

howardyou
17-03-2014, 01:15 PM
New Lambton Vs Kotara

Results from yesterday's Boofhead Cup:
Reserves: 2-1 New Lambton
Firsts: 5-1 New Lambton

Greenz
17-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Dudley smashed Garden Suburbs in the State Cup yesterday. Should have been 10 not 6. So I would be looking at Dudley as one of the teams to beat this year. They were missing a couple of players as well
You know if they picked up a few from last year?

United
18-03-2014, 12:35 PM
You know if they picked up a few from last year?

Yes they did and new coach. They didn't lose any players either

leftrightout
18-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Yes they did and new coach. They didn't lose any players either

That should put them in a good position then, they were a very strong club over all three grades last year!

Have heard they will lose a few 1st graders to a small brazil holiday mid year though?

United
18-03-2014, 02:53 PM
That should put them in a good position then, they were a very strong club over all three grades last year!

Have heard they will lose a few 1st graders to a small brazil holiday mid year though?

Dudley have bought in players to deal with the losses. What I have heard is a number of clubs will.

RANGER09
19-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Raymond Terrace ZL2 1st & Res grade looking for a trial game Thursday night 27th March , your ground or ours, PM me if interested.

Game now booked, thanks!

TXK
19-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Heard yesterday afternoon that Robbie Randall and the Lumberjack had left Wallsend... Can anyone confirm this rumour or just a load of tripe? Would be a big loss if true....

Drunken ranger
19-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Lol I've heard lumberjack is looking for a new club wasn't sure bout bobby thou

footballfan
20-03-2014, 10:46 AM
State Cup
Swansea 5, Plattsburg 0

Swansea First grade played belswans first grade last thursday night.
Swansea 1, Belswans 0

roundballsarebetter
20-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Not a loss at all, this just proves how selfish the two of them were!!!!

Cancer to the sport, GOODLUCK to the both of them! Bob has retired apparently.
Lez was definately happy at the club but had to follow as they are a package deal.

So lez has retired aswell?

Drunken ranger
20-03-2014, 07:39 PM
No bobby has

Guiltykeep
20-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Lez has gone back to terrace to play for fun

leftrightout
21-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Its a shame, i was looking forward to seeing the famous "lumberjack" do his thing and see how he cut it against strong defences.

gk1985
21-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Newcastle University FC

We are currently looking for a GOAL KEEPER to join our ZPL squad after a couple players have pulled the pin last minute. If you are a goal keeper or know of someone who would be interested in having a run this season either contact myself or come along to training. Be quick about it, its getting close to our cut off date.

Contact
Email: joshua.piotrowski@uon.edu.au
Ph: 0422284293

Training details
Tuesday: 7pm, oval no.3 behind the forum at the uni
Thursday: 7pm, oval no.2 next to the forum at the uni

any other details can be found on our website.
http://www.newcastleunifc.com

gk1985
28-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Bumping my previous post LAST CHANCE!

any GK looking for a game CONTACT ME ASAP!

Buddha
28-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Lez has gone back to terrace to play for fun
Im glad he sees it as fun, not going to be fun chasing him all game

pagey85
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Talking to a few of the boys at training tonight
Barnsley as a club would like to invite all visiting teams back to the Holmesville hotel after the games for a few beers and a laugh.

we have the mentality of 'what happens on the field stays on the field'
its about a 2 min drive from the ground

hopefully other clubs are keen to get this going too.
i know it used to happen at clubs years ago but has died off a bit

stormypete
04-04-2014, 02:19 PM
I like your thinking pagey. Sounds like a great idea and I would personally like to see it happen more.

The only issue I can see is that many clubs have their own supporting pubs / clubs, and sometimes expect teams to come back after home and away games (understandably so when there is some sponsorship involved).

pagey85
04-04-2014, 03:24 PM
I like your thinking pagey. Sounds like a great idea and I would personally like to see it happen more.

The only issue I can see is that many clubs have their own supporting pubs / clubs, and sometimes expect teams to come back after home and away games (understandably so when there is some sponsorship involved).

Yeah thats understandable.
our arrangement is every home game, 9 times out of 10 go back after away games too
but after the way some of the boys were talking last night they would be keen to go back to opponents pub for a beer

idontwannaplaywithhowey
04-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Our agreement with our sponsor is every game, but we would love to host you Barnsley boys (and any other club that's interested) at the Duke after any Eagles home match.

gny
04-04-2014, 08:36 PM
How much rain can the athletics track handle?

hawk
04-04-2014, 09:03 PM
the track is synthetic so anything below a flood.:wink:

The field on the other hand is usually very good. Most other games are off when ath field is still on.

gny
04-04-2014, 09:19 PM
That's what I like to hear haha

Retro Jet
05-04-2014, 01:46 PM
the track is synthetic so anything below a flood.:wink:

The field on the other hand is usually very good. Most other games are off when ath field is still on.

Yep, games at Athfield on.
3rd's 6-0 to Cookers v Kahibah.
Omw to crack beers for the punters...

Retro Jet
05-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Cooks Hill vs Kahibah FC
Athfield 5.4.14
1st's C/Hill 5 Kahibah 1 (HT 2-0)
Res's C/Hill 0 Kahibah 0
3rd's C/Hill 6 Kahibah 0

Hotline
05-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Uni vs Mayfield @ Ray Watt Oval
1st: Uni 2 Mayfield 0
Res: Uni 3 Mayfield 1
3rd: Uni 5 Mayfield 0

howardyou
06-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Barnsley vs New Lambton @ Taylor Memorial Park

1st: Barnsley 0 New Lambton 3
Res: Barnsley 0 New Lambton 4
3rd: Barnsley 4 New Lambton 0

Made for a decent hangover.... Thanks Chippa.

hawk
07-04-2014, 03:28 PM
1st Wallsend 2 - 2 Cardiff

Match report?

Jardelsimage
07-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Match report?

Hawk, you know don't do match reports anymore.......
except both sides have work to do

hawk
07-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Hawk, you know don't do match reports anymore.......
except both sides have work to do

fk that, get on to it :) Many changes in the squad this year?

leftrightout
08-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Barnsley vs New Lambton @ Taylor Memorial Park

1st: Barnsley 0 New Lambton 3
Res: Barnsley 0 New Lambton 4
3rd: Barnsley 4 New Lambton 0

Made for a decent hangover.... Thanks Chippa.

New Lambtons goal keeper should have had a hang over. He made some very fine saves!

pagey85
08-04-2014, 07:58 AM
New Lambtons goal keeper should have had a hang over. He made some very fine saves!

really set the tone for the game. barnsley puts those few point blank shots in that the keeper somehow stopped its a whole different game
Lambton then dont run the length of the field and get an OG

thats the game tho
always next week

howardyou
08-04-2014, 08:51 AM
really set the tone for the game. barnsley puts those few point blank shots in that the keeper somehow stopped its a whole different game
Lambton then dont run the length of the field and get an OG

thats the game tho
always next week

Yeah, you guys had us under the pump for a good while there. But that's football. We go up the other end and snatch one on the break to make it 2-0. We shut the game down from there.

leftrightout
08-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Yeah, you guys had us under the pump for a good while there. But that's football. We go up the other end and snatch one on the break to make it 2-0. We shut the game down from there.

Yeah it really could have gone either way midway through the second half.
You shut the game down very well from there though. You have a quality squad there this year, I look forward to watching you guys a bit more this season.

Rocko
08-04-2014, 01:31 PM
The ref and linesmen were very average in the NL Barnsley game, could have also been a factor, Barnsley unlucky to snatch one.

gny
11-04-2014, 10:56 AM
How's barnsleys field go with water?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
11-04-2014, 11:58 AM

It held up pretty well when we played there last week.

pagey85
11-04-2014, 12:00 PM

quite a few $$ were spent in the off season putting new drainage in

gny
11-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Let's hope for no more rain and we get a game on

Jardelsimage
12-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Cardiff v new Lambton
3rd 1-0
res 2-3
1st 0-1

front2
12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
this from fox sports puss

Cooks Hill v Uni
1st 2-1
rsv 1-2
3rd 2-0

some small revenge by cookers in 1sts after being beaten by uni in last years GF.

Playitonthedeck
12-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Mayfield v Swansea 1all 1sts
8-1 mayo ressies.
3-2 mayo 3rds

Bulldogs 1962
12-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Barnsley vs Kahiba
1st 3-2
Res 1-0
3rd 1-3

Playitonthedeck
14-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Any one know wallsend Dudley result

controlzone
14-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Any one know wallsend Dudley result

Dudley v Wallsend

1st 3-1
Ressies 1-1
3rds 3-1

Going off sport pulse.

Bulldogs 1962
26-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Barnsley vs Cardiff
1st 6-0
Res 2-2
3rd 1-1

Hotline
26-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Uni vs Kahibah
1st 1-0
Res 3-2
3rd 2-2

Retro Jet
26-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Swansea v Cooks Hill
Chapman Oval
1st Swansea 2 v C/Hill 1
Res Swansea 0 v C/Hill 11
3rd Swansea 1 v C/Hill 4

Note: no typo for Ressies.

footballfan
26-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Swansea first grade def deserved the win today!!
Good to see the 2 Devon heads back in reserve grade instead of first grade for cooks hill..

front2
26-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Swansea first grade def deserved the win today!!
Good to see the 2 Devon heads back in reserve grade instead of first grade for cooks hill..

Res Swansea 0 v C/Hill 11

Cooks Hill needed that win in ressies

Thomas477
27-04-2014, 12:03 PM
:popcorn:

leftrightout
27-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Uni vs Kahibah
1st 1-0

Thats a fair effort from Kahibah considering a fairly important player being suspended.

gny
27-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Kahibah also hit the post with a pen , but that's football

oneeye
27-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Wallsend v Mayfield
1st 1-3
Res 2-3
3rd. 7-2

gny
27-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Thought wallsend would of had a better start

leftrightout
28-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Thought wallsend would of had a better start

Seems they are struggling a bit. That is purely going off results though, i am yet to see them play.
It seems a tough league to come into though, there is plenty of quality out there

gny
28-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Yeah my first season in this league first 3 rounds hasn't been a bad side yet which is good

hawk
28-04-2014, 09:58 AM
both sides had a few missing, Tigers just didn't turn up for the game.

this seems to be a weekly thing. Tigers in early relo trouble?

Also, I thought Kahiba were building for a challenge this year, whats going on?

gny
28-04-2014, 12:00 PM
We're Barnsley just that good on the weekend?
Kahibah will be fine they haven't been bad just haven't put away chances.

Rocko
28-04-2014, 02:27 PM
We're Barnsley just that good on the weekend?
Kahibah will be fine they haven't been bad just haven't put away chances.

Heard Cardiff had a couple out and landed an early red card, not 100% though as I wasn't at the game.

Also heard Kahibah player suspended for a nasty challenge on a Barnsley player when they met, can anyone share some information on that?

leftrightout
28-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Heard Cardiff had a couple out and landed an early red card, not 100% though as I wasn't at the game.

Also heard Kahibah player suspended for a nasty challenge on a Barnsley player when they met, can anyone share some information on that?

Not sure about the Cardiff one, i was watching elsewhere this week.

I saw the Kahibah challenge and didnt think it was too bad. It was a bit of a tangle, the barnsley player fell, kahibah player stood on his leg. I know it sounds bad but i honestly dont know if it was intentional (it was hard to tell but as I was the opposite side of the field) It certainly didnt look like a bad stomp though.
He got a straight red which i think is harsh, but im pretty sure he was already on a yellow so probably would have gone anyway.

gny
28-04-2014, 04:56 PM
I was on the bench it was a tangle after a challenge where the kahibah player tripped over the guy on the ground, was no intent,

pagey85
28-04-2014, 09:13 PM
I was on the bench it was a tangle after a challenge where the kahibah player tripped over the guy on the ground, was no intent,

the fact that both players know each other, and justin being local and knowing everyone from our club, i cant see there being any intent.

but i was on the hill drinking beer with justins old man at this stage so i probably wasnt seeing right either

mefa1984
29-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Did New Lambton and Dudley play?
Any news?

leftrightout
29-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Did New Lambton and Dudley play?
Any news?

No, it got washed out.

hawk
30-04-2014, 09:56 AM
No, it got washed out.

Why was this set down for Novocastrian? a clash with another event? Novos isnt really up to scartch for this grade. Alder Pk must be pretty ordinary

Thomas477
30-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Why was this set down for Novocastrian? a clash with another event? Novos isnt really up to scartch for this grade. Alder Pk must be pretty ordinary

Alder Park wasn't ready to host games.

Won't be for a few more weeks at least.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
30-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Alder Park wasn't ready to host games.

Won't be for a few more weeks at least.

This is correct.
There has been some returfing at Alder Park, however the pitch is still not safe to play in some patches.
As has been pretty widely reported the length of time to prepare the pitch was minimal, and the reality is it is still a couple of weeks away from being a safe pitch to use.

leftrightout
30-04-2014, 11:32 AM
This is correct.
There has been some returfing at Alder Park, however the pitch is still not safe to play in some patches.
As has been pretty widely reported the length of time to prepare the pitch was minimal, and the reality is it is still a couple of weeks away from being a safe pitch to use.

I cant imagine how frusterating this must be for your club.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
30-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I cant imagine how frusterating this must be for your club.

We are all good mate. Obviously we would prefer to be settled and getting our home games played but its just the reality of the situation that we have found ourselves in. Alder Park will end up being a pretty decent pitch, its just the turf hasn't fully grown in and we don't want blokes doing acl's etc on those few patches.
We were really grateful that our Juniors were happy to host us on the weekend and we will just keep working towards getting a decent pitch for our boys to play on.

Retro Jet
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Cooks Hill v Wallsend
TIMERITE Staduim :lol:
1st C/Hill 1 v Wallsend 1
Res C/Hill 2 v Wallsend 4
3rd C/Hill 3 v Wallsend 0

Thomas477
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Any news on the New Lambton games?

Hotline
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
Uni v Swansea
1st 1-2
Res 2-0
3rd 6-0

mussfc
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Mayfield v New Lambton
1-0
1-0
0-5

leftrightout
03-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Mayfield v New Lambton
1-0
1-0
0-5
Grades?

hawk
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Mayfield v New Lambton
1st 1-0
res 1-0
3rd 0-5

I took it as this.

Cardiff have their worst start since they were named Cardiff Ltd lulz

mussfc
03-05-2014, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=hawk;77601]I took it as this

Yep that's right

Thomas477
03-05-2014, 06:54 PM
Jeez, NL 3rds had a good game, they haven't had the best of results recently.

Jardelsimage
03-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Cardiff v Kahibah
3rd 3-2
res 1-1
1st 0-1
once again no match report as I don't do them anymore due to someone might get upset :yay:

gny
03-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Match report not the best of quality games due to the wind? Haha, but kahibah did enough with a neat finish in the 2nd half, both teams had little changes cardiff almost levelled in the 95th minute haha

Disinterested Bystander
03-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Cardiff v Kahibah
3rd 3-2
res 1-1
1st 0-1
once again no match report as I don't do them anymore due to someone might get upset :yay:

So in other words Cardiff dominated the entire game; played Kahibah off the park; managed one half chance to Kahibah's 4 shots that hit the woodwork and 6 goals ruled offside; and contrary to the final score actually won the game? ;-)

gny
03-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Hahaha that's more exciting lets go with that haha

Playitonthedeck
03-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Jeez, NL 3rds had a good game, they haven't had the best of results recently.

Mayfield 3rds went ok 1st half hour then there coach decided chop and change there back line and mids from what I saw 3 best players taken off and not seen again hard to explain could b in long year if that continues there ressies look solid side but

Thomas477
03-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Mayfield 3rds went ok 1st half hour then there coach decided chop and change there back line and mids from what I saw 3 best players taken off and not seen again hard to explain could b in long year if that continues there ressies look solid side but

Fair enough, still would be good for the NL lads to get their confidence back up. Seems a strange move by the Mayf coach though.

gny
03-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Did those 3 players for mayf play ressies?

Playitonthedeck
03-05-2014, 09:43 PM

Na two younger fairly decent defenders just not be seen again could both have been in ressies from watching tbh, was bit odd coach, credit new lambton took the chances well and some decent goals

johnc
03-05-2014, 10:03 PM

nup, no 3rds played reserves

Jardelsimage
04-05-2014, 07:13 AM
So in other words Cardiff dominated the entire game; played Kahibah off the park; managed one half chance to Kahibah's 4 shots that hit the woodwork and 6 goals ruled offside; and contrary to the final score actually won the game? ;-)
no this is it, 1st half even, Kahibah scored early just after the break, both sides missed chances, both sides played shit, how's that:wink:

and by the way it's not Kahibah who might get upset...:yay: but then again I'm sure I can rip into both for that dismal display yesterday..

gny
04-05-2014, 07:48 AM
Horrible pitch wind kahibah missing a few players and we finally get a home game next week

hawk
04-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Dudley v Barnsley?

pagey85
05-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Dudley v Barnsley?

dudley 2-1 in3rds
dudley 2-0 in res
dudley 2-1 in firsts (so i heard, left at 1-1 mid way thru the 2nd)

hawk
07-05-2014, 01:17 PM
dudley 2-1 in3rds
dudley 2-0 in res
dudley 2-1 in firsts (so i heard, left at 1-1 mid way thru the 2nd)

cheers. Duds early title favourites

leftrightout
07-05-2014, 02:54 PM
cheers. Duds early title favourites

Interesting start to the year.
If barnsley had won this match they would be 1st place but they lost and so sit in 5th.

Results wise dudley definitely look the goods. I think New Lambton look good also (besides their loss on the weekend), Swansea have knocked off some big guns and you can never leave out Cooks Hill!

Jardelsimage
10-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Cardiff v Dudley
3rds 0-0
res 0-3
1st 1-2

cheers
golf was shit today played like a busted ass, hows that for a match report.....

Green Tiger
10-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Barnsley v Mayfield
1st 4-5
Res 1-3
3rds 5-1

Playitonthedeck
10-05-2014, 07:37 PM
What wild intense game at Barnsley 1st grade reds fights goals pens late winners full of drama with two good sides think both gunna be up there

Retro Jet
10-05-2014, 08:18 PM
New Lambton v Cooks Hill
Alder Pk

1st 2-1
Res 0-1
3rd 0-2

hawk
10-05-2014, 09:00 PM
New Lambton v Cooks Hill
Alder Pk

1st 2-1
Res 0-1
3rd 0-2

New Lambton have improved. New squad? How was Alder pk?

footballfan
11-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Kahibah v Swansea
3rd 1-3
Res 4-1
1st 1-5
Great result for third grade and first grade Swansea, first grade dominated the game and deserved the win!!

amishpanda
11-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Wallsend v Uni
Thirds: 1-4
Res: 2-0
Firsts: 3-2

Rocko
15-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Predictions anyone?

SWANSEA v Wallsend

MAYFIELD v Cardiff

Newcastle Uni v NEW LAMBTON

COOKS HILL v Barnsley

DUDLEY REDHEAD V Kahibah

footballfan
16-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Predictions anyone?

SWANSEA v Wallsend

MAYFIELD v Cardiff

Newcastle Uni v NEW LAMBTON

COOKS HILL v Barnsley

DUDLEY REDHEAD V Kahibah

I agree on all above except I think it might be a draw between cooks hill and barnsley..