PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Zone League 1 Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
13-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Yeah let's move on....

What happened with the Suns 7 Westlakes 0 I've just read? And 13-1 for the day!

A one off? Are Westlakes weaker? Or are Suns just simply that good?

Drunken ranger
13-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Suns are just that good

Happy
13-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Any scores from today?

fazman
13-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Yeah let's move on....

Westlakes simply didnt turn up on the day, and the suns finished the opportunities they created, hopefully the result will be different next time around

pv4
13-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Yeah let's move on....

Must have been the reffing

Dolphin Messenger
13-04-2014, 11:10 PM
3rds 3-1 or 2 to Nelson Bay
Ressies 1-1
1sts 3-2 Nelson Bay
0-0 @ HT. Nelson Bay went up 3-0 midway through the 2nd half. Warners Bay got it back to 3-2 with 10 to go

leftrightout
14-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Must have been the reffing

:lulzturtle:

westywayno
14-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Up The Rams 2014 is our year boys. YEEEEEW

Fridge
15-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Any other teams struggling with injuries? At Suburbs we currently have about 6 first graders and about 12 across all grades out with soft tissue injuries (Hammy, groins, ankles & knees). This week off couldn't come quick enough.

Bon
15-04-2014, 10:54 AM
P.s what the hell do you guys feed Bon? He is getting bigger!

I hope you are referring to my height.. And not having a dig at the amount of beer/pies I've been funnelling in? hahaha

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
15-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Jesmond had 10 out for week 1 and same again for week 2. Thinking we may needed more than the 42 signed. For tomorrow's State Cup game we are missing a heap, I actually wouldn't mind the rain settling in to be honest.

fazman
15-04-2014, 02:32 PM
cats had 8 out week 1 and 12 out last weekend, hopefully a few are ready to go by next match

gny
15-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Lots of excuses

NUGUNS
15-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Stephen McTowelie
16-04-2014, 09:20 AM
3rds 3-1 or 2 to Nelson Bay
Ressies 1-1
1sts 3-2 Nelson Bay
0-0 @ HT. Nelson Bay went up 3-0 midway through the 2nd half. Warners Bay got it back to 3-2 with 10 to go

How good was Nelson bay's keepers attempt a time wasting when Warner's clawed it back to 3-2. Picked the ball out of the net and when the striker tried to take it from him he booted it 80m towards the lake!

NWM
16-04-2014, 10:19 AM
As a seasoned 2 game a week player my advice is always this... register 50 players... better to have a few missing out/helping the club then having 12 people backing up like Westlakes did. I played ressies and had our strikers put away their chances it would've been 7 or 8. Also a big tip of the cap to westlakes who had all pretty much just played thirds didn't put their heads down and played a well spirited game.

Nou Camp
16-04-2014, 12:11 PM
need the rub down from the physio before the game as you get older
those elbows in the hammys before make you to scared to get injured

Dolphin Messenger
22-04-2014, 01:52 PM
To keep the banter flowing its good to see the BYE ahead of the table over the competition favourites. I would like to correct McTowel it was after warners bays 1st goal that the ball was punted

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
22-04-2014, 02:00 PM
At least BYE gets on the table. We can't at Jesmond.

Happy
26-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Is the Westlakes vs Bay game going ahead today?

Dolphin Messenger
26-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Is the Westlakes vs Bay game going ahead today?
Nelson Bay taking 9pts @ West Lakes today.
1sts 2-0, 2 identical goals caught the Wildcats out. Top game by the 15 year old playing at the back.

Stephen McTowelie
26-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Nelson Bay taking 9pts @ West Lakes today.
1sts 2-0, 2 identical goals caught the Wildcats out. Top game by the 15 year old playing at the back.
He had a front row seat to the two goals banged past him

hawk
27-04-2014, 11:06 AM
How good was Nelson bay's keepers attempt a time wasting when Warner's clawed it back to 3-2. Picked the ball out of the net and when the striker tried to take it from him he booted it 80m towards the lake!

lulz, not bad distance on that.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
27-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Suns v Rams.

Think lower grades were 1-0 and 3-1 to Suns.

First grade 1-0 to Jesmond. Field pretty bad through the middle, tad surprised day went ahead to be honest but obviously glad it did.

Suns may feel they should have gotten more from the game and I can see where they are coming from, hitting the woodwork twice. Game itself I felt was pretty even, more chances fell to Suns but we took ours.

Look fwd to next time.

pv4
28-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Field pretty bad through the middle, tad surprised day went ahead to be honest but obviously glad it did.

They should have called it off after everyone had arrived, then just flat-out refuse to look into alternatives. That would have been the logical decision.

westywayno
28-04-2014, 10:10 AM
The sun did not shine at Connolly park yesterday, the Ram's dug in and came away with the win and sit at the top of the table

BAAAAAAAR Up the Ram's

Jesmond_sweeper
28-04-2014, 10:50 AM
They should have called it off after everyone had arrived, then just flat-out refuse to look into alternatives. That would have been the logical decision.

Surprisingly we had the same ref that called it off the day you are talking about but he let it play...

p.s ive got a dead horse here if you want to whip that too?

Jesmond_sweeper
28-04-2014, 10:52 AM
The sun did not shine at Connolly park yesterday, the Ram's dug in and came away with the win and sit at the top of the table

BAAAAAAAR Up the Ram's

Who are you?

westywayno
28-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Who are you?

Big fan of the Rams and especially you number 9. BAAAAAAAAR
PS I am not in the team 100 %

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
28-04-2014, 12:44 PM
westywayno - We actually don't have a number 9. The bloke that I suspect your are a mate of and a 2013 team-mate (if I'm heading along the correct path you should be wearing red and gold this year too) is actually our #6 but he spends that much time upside down and on the deck that it's an easy mistake to make.......

westywayno
28-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Nice try but that is incorrect, I'm just a fan of the Ram's. The game needs supporters too.
Ps I like your hat, See you at Jeso this week
Pps BAAAAAAAAR up the Ram's.

Jesmond_sweeper
28-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Nice try but that is incorrect, I'm just a fan of the Ram's. The game needs supporters too.
Ps I like your hat, See you at Jeso this week
Pps BAAAAAAAAR up the Ram's.

Yes it does need supporters and im glad you are supporting us.

You will have to ID yourself at the pub Saturday arvo, I'd like to bye you a shandy.

westywayno
28-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Yes it does need supporters and im glad you are supporting us.

You will have to ID yourself at the pub Saturday arvo, I'd like to bye you a shandy.

Cupa tea would do and for this reason I rarely visit such places.

NWM
01-05-2014, 02:41 PM
First grade... Kotara, Suburbs, Morisset all behind the Bye
Ressies... Westlakes behind the Bye.
Thirds... Westlakes, Jesmond, Morisset all behind the bye

Surely the bye doesn't need to be there... That's just insult to injury.

Dolphin Messenger
01-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Quite poor the people running the ladder. I guess it will never get fixed & could someone from west lakes update the scores from the weekend it's Thursday FFS

namwob99
01-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Jesmond aren't even on the ladder. As well as Beresfield in ZL2.

westywayno
03-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Tough day at Jeso today , glad I had what's left of the old stand as a wind break. The Rams dominated all over the park and should have led at the turn by at least 4. The Rams keeper was running in the box just to stay warm. In saying that the Wild cats keeper kept them in the game with some solid saves. One nil win did not represent the dominance of the Rams.
Ps 23 is a freak with the ball but pass the F&*%#$ thing.
pps BAAAAAAAAAAAR

Dolphin Messenger
03-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Nelson Bay taking the 9 points against Morisset today.
1sts 2-1
a hard fought win with the winning goal scored after a sickening bloody head clash between both players of each club, both taken to hospital.

Happy
03-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Tough day at Jeso today , glad I had what's left of the old stand as a wind break. The Rams dominated all over the park and should have led at the turn by at least 4. The Rams keeper was running in the box just to stay warm. In saying that the Wild cats keeper kept them in the game with some solid saves. One nil win did not represent the dominance of the Rams.
Ps 23 is a freak with the ball but pass the F&*%#$ thing.
pps BAAAAAAAAAAAR

Lower grades scores?

Stephen McTowelie
04-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Nelson Bay taking the 9 points against Morisset today.
1sts 2-1
a hard fought win with the winning goal scored after a sickening bloody head clash between both players of each club, both taken to hospital.
The head clash was sickening. On a side note, an excellent display of sportsmanship when the bay keeper threw the ball out for an injured player only for morriset to take the throw and run in on goal to take a shot. I'm sure a riot would have ensued if they had scored

a-gunners
04-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Bero suns score?

Jesmond_sweeper
04-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Lower grades scores?

3rds - 4-0 to jesmond
Reserves - 2-1 to the bad guys
3rds (so im told) seen one of the greatest goal celebrations. It put Jürgen Klinsmann and peter crouch to shame!!!

Sideline
04-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Bero suns score?

i heard bero 4-2 not sure how accurate though

C'mon man
04-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Warners Bay v Kotara
1st
2-1 kotara
Res
2-0 warners bay
3rd
2-0 kotara
Tigers very unlucky to not get 9 Pts today dominated all grades

fresh
05-05-2014, 01:49 AM
jesmond still not on the table? few shake up's in this league so far. The typical front runners not showing.

I hope nelson bay win just on nothing but location. To many teams physically to close together in zpl be good to have a team represented from up that way!. Sun's or jesmond both have teams in walking distance already in zpl as do many other of the zl1 teams!

Frodo
05-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Stephen McTowelie - The Ref told our players to play on because he thought you guys were time-wasting, your player had obvious cramp but wasn't in any danger of real harm, and one of our players started running towards goal to score. No one else followed him and after 15 seconds of confusion normal play was resumed. Maybe talk of a Riot is a bit stupid considering the unfortunate circumstances of the winning goal for your guys?
Full Score recap-
Firsts 2-1 Nelsons
Reserves 1-0 Nelsons
Thirds 1-0 Nelsons

Morisset are pretty gutted not to get something out of all 3 grades. All 3 games were close, a little bit of composure on goal from us and it could've been a different story, but that's football. Full Credit to Nelson's bay who took there chances and won.

Frodo
05-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Also, a lot of thanks to the Nelson Bay boys for their help after the head collision. No one wants to see anyone get hurt on the field. Hopefully your player is ok, our guy needed some stitches from the local polyclinic and he has a ridiculous shiner over his eye. Special thanks to the reserve grade keeper who called an ambulance and offered his assistance to our player.

fazman
05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
The table has finally got all the teams on it!

supa
06-05-2014, 03:09 PM
i heard bero 4-2 not sure how accurate though

BERO v SUNS

1st 4 - 2
Res 0 - 4
3rd 1 - 1

westywayno
10-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Let's go Rams 2 1 up Yeeeeew

westywayno
10-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Westy wayno says hi to you Cameron

a-gunners
11-05-2014, 01:34 AM
I take it morriset won otherwise pv4 or true water boy would have posted scores???

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
11-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Just for nothing more than interest sake is there any news on Westlakes v Morrisset? Westlakes usually do like to post either way but been quiet lately..... They celebrating a win out at Rathmines?

fazman
11-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Pv4 no longer involved with westlakes,

Scores vs morisset
3rds- 2-1 morisset
Res- 3-2 morisset
1st- 2-1 westlakes

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
11-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Ill start my post with a big thank you to the to the lady trainer from Beresfield who assisted with our injured player in reserve grade. Also the gentleman (think manager) who had the ambulance organised before we could even reach for our phones. Genuine concern showed and muchly appreciated. Match abandoned with Jeso 1-0 after Bero 1-0 in 3rds.

1sts - We thought we would have to be considerably better than last week and thankfully we were as this was a really hard fought battle. They really turned up and it's been a while since I've seen a team so intense for such long periods of a match. They even went down to 10 men fairly early in second half but kept coming at us and equalised from the spot but we got another and the win 2-1. It could have been a different story but for some sharp goalkeeping from our #1

I'm not sure if there were any neutrals there but I think it was an entertaining match where both teams gave all, yes there was plenty of fouling but both teams were guilty and thankfully this didn't spill over to horrible challenges. The ref got plenty of stick from Bero and then from us for a contentious penalty but he had a tough gig.

At the pub last night general consensus was we're not looking fwd to trip to Bero as our blokes knew there'd been in a contest!

Jesmond_sweeper
11-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Ill start my post with a big thank you to the to the lady trainer from Beresfield who assisted with our injured player in reserve grade. Also the gentleman (think manager) who had the ambulance organised before we could even reach for our phones. Genuine concern showed and muchly appreciated. Match abandoned with Jeso 1-0 after Bero 1-0 in 3rds.

1sts - We thought we would have to be considerably better than last week and thankfully we were as this was a really hard fought battle. They really turned up and it's been a while since I've seen a team so intense for such long periods of a match. They even went down to 10 men fairly early in second half but kept coming at us and equalised from the spot but we got another and the win 2-1. It could have been a different story but for some sharp goalkeeping from our #1

I'm not sure if there were any neutrals there but I think it was an entertaining match where both teams gave all, yes there was plenty of fouling but both teams were guilty and thankfully this didn't spill over to horrible challenges. The ref got plenty of stick from Bero and then from us for a contentious penalty but he had a tough gig.

At the pub last night general consensus was we're not looking fwd to trip to Bero as our blokes knew there'd been in a contest!

On the injured player, from a players point id also like to thank all the bero crew for helping out and showing real concern. I was chatting on the sideline at the time the boys came out from half time and the bero reserve grade skipper showed his concerns with all of his players and wished our bloke all the best. Touch of class lads.
FYI last we heard was a dislocated fractured elbow and he was waiting to see if surgery was required.

Nave
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Just for nothing more than interest sake is there any news on Westlakes v Morrisset? Westlakes usually do like to post either way but been quiet lately..... They celebrating a win out at Rathmines?

They probably havent posted anything out of respesct, Morisset dominated and should have taken all 9 points, Thirds i didnt see but Motown had a player sent off and came out on top, Ressies were down 2-0 early on but came out firing after half time and canceled out the lead in the space of 3 minutes and snatched the winner soon after.

Firsts, Morry had so much possession and so many chances that is wasnt funny, Westlakes scored two goals on the counter and only really looked threatening after that in dead ball situations. We just cant find a way into the back of the net at the moment. Credit to them though, very different team to the one fielded in the trial games it seems.

Happy
11-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Kotara v Nelson Bay
3rd 3-1
2nd 3-2
1st 3-0 (could've been anything the Bay's keeper had a blinder)

Guiltykeep
11-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Burbs vs w-bay
3rds 3-0
Res 0-2
1st 0-1

Dolphin Messenger
11-05-2014, 06:54 PM
A good test to see where we are at in the comp and nelson bay didn't get out of first gear. A good kick up the arse by the tigers taking 9 points for the day. the 3rd goal in 1st grade was a top corner cracker

supa
11-05-2014, 07:57 PM

having a physio/strapper this year has been one of the best calls the club has made, these people are really worth their weight in gold, even at this level. the lad you speak of would have been our manager and club treasurer, the school teacher came out in him and got on the job. hopefully not a lengthy stint on the sideline for the player.

On the injured player, from a players point id also like to thank all the bero crew for helping out and showing real concern. I was chatting on the sideline at the time the boys came out from half time and the bero reserve grade skipper showed his concerns with all of his players and wished our bloke all the best. Touch of class lads.
FYI last we heard was a dislocated fractured elbow and he was waiting to see if surgery was required.

we definitely looking forward to having you guys down at Pasadena for the return, definitely giving this division a run for its money this year Jesmond.

hawk
11-05-2014, 08:03 PM
A good test to see where we are at in the comp and nelson bay didn't get out of first gear. A good kick up the arse by the tigers taking 9 points for the day. the 3rd goal in 1st grade was a top corner cracker

JB did it again

namwob99
11-05-2014, 08:10 PM
JB did it again

Can play!!

gny
15-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Burbs new competition favs after signing the lumberjack and bob Randall

Guiltykeep
15-05-2014, 02:21 PM

Deadset ?

onlooker
15-05-2014, 02:44 PM
But will they stay long? Was under impression lumberjack had headed back to terrace after Wallsend stint.

gny
15-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah has now left terrace and gone to burbs lol. I'd say wes will leave wallsend and go back to berbs

Beppe
15-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah has now left terrace and gone to burbs lol. I'd say wes will leave wallsend and go back to berbs

So did they actually play for terrace and get registered? The reason I ask is I thought there was a limit to how many clubs you could sign for in the one year, and that limit was two. I could be wrong.

Dobbo
15-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Lez and Bobby left Wallsend before the start of the season, and yeah Wes said he was leaving yesterday and has been deregistered

namwob99
15-05-2014, 03:44 PM

1 loss and he's gone?

gny
15-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Again lez didn't suit the style of play, he needs a team than will play to him,

TXK
15-05-2014, 05:18 PM

Maybe he should learn to be a team player. It is a team sport after all...

p-diddy
15-05-2014, 08:47 PM
What's lumberjack paying for golden boot his givin everybody a 5 game head start and 15 competition points start

Ninja
16-05-2014, 02:01 PM

What's to suit though? Assuming the boys come to suburbs, I'm 100% sure the intensity they bring will lift the whole squad. They'll come with a reputation and everyone will want to step up. They're the kind of players that demand the ball when the rest of the team is quiet, I don't see how feeding them the ball all the time is a bad thing especially at the top end of the field. If the players they play with are assertive enough in their play they'll move it around as well, they aren't stupid and one minded. At the risk of sounding like a dick, they carried terrace last year and if I had the scoring ability and rate they do I wouldn't move the ball around in a team with that quality.

roundballsarebetter
16-05-2014, 02:32 PM
What's to suit though? Assuming the boys come to suburbs, I'm 100% sure the intensity they bring will lift the whole squad. They'll come with a reputation and everyone will want to step up. They're the kind of players that demand the ball when the rest of the team is quiet, I don't see how feeding them the ball all the time is a bad thing especially at the top end of the field. If the players they play with are assertive enough in their play they'll move it around as well, they aren't stupid and one minded. At the risk of sounding like a dick, they carried terrace last year and if I had the scoring ability and rate they do I wouldn't move the ball around in a team with that quality.

Played a state cup game for wallsend and played with the terrace , you can only play for 2 clubs in a year , so i dont see how he can play there

Fridge
16-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Played a state cup game for wallsend and played with the terrace , you can only play for 2 clubs in a year , so i dont see how he can play there

He was never registered at Wallsend. State Cup is a farce when played that early in the season anyone can play for anyone as rego's don't need to be submitted till the week of round 1.

roundballsarebetter
16-05-2014, 02:37 PM
You had to be fully registered signed a club sheet and paid up to be able to play state cup.

Beppe
16-05-2014, 02:43 PM
You had to be fully registered signed a club sheet and paid up to be able to play state cup.

This is not true. Yes you sign the club sheet but you didnt have to be registered. All that happens is if you leave the club after playing a cup game but haven't yet registered, you are cup tied at the next club. So Les would have been cup tied at Terrace because he didnt "register" with wallsend but played in the cup. So he has only been registered with one club "terrace" and can sign for his second club "suburbs".

roundballsarebetter
16-05-2014, 03:01 PM
This is not true. Yes you sign the club sheet but you didnt have to be registered. All that happens is if you leave the club after playing a cup game but haven't yet registered, you are cup tied at the next club. So Les would have been cup tied at Terrace because he didnt "register" with wallsend but played in the cup. So he has only been registered with one club "terrace" and can sign for his second club "suburbs".

Happy to be corrected , best of luck for suburbs with them both for the rest of this year.

Dolphin Messenger
16-05-2014, 03:06 PM
im expecting a high scoring game tmrw on our faster paced shorter junior field with the slower bigger field being occupied by the league. Nelson Bays GK is still fired up after letting past JB's 30m Screamer from last Sunday

Bon
16-05-2014, 03:12 PM
im expecting a high scoring game tmrw on our faster paced shorter junior field with the slower bigger field being occupied by the league. Nelson Bays GK is still fired up after letting past JB's 30m Screamer from last Sunday

Ahhhhh.. Yeah I assumed it must have been the thugby league that was putting us on to the second field..
Only downside to tomorrow is the lack of availabilty of buses to make it a proper turpsfest "away trip" to Nelso..
(Apparently all bus companies have been long booked out due to Lovedale being on this weekend, pricks)

Premy
16-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Is No2 license whats the deal with beers
?

Ninja
16-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Is No2 license whats the deal with beers
?

Well thankfully somebody's asking the important questions.

Dolphin Messenger
16-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Yes!!! there is a Refreshment license to sell Coldies at the junior field.

Happy
16-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Nelson Bays GK is still fired up after letting past JB's 30m Screamer from last Sunday

Don't worry too much. It was impressive and he should've had a double if not for a freakish save by your keeper.

Premy
16-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Yes!!! there is a Refreshment license to sell Coldies at the junior field.Winning

Dolphin Messenger
16-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Don't worry too much. It was impressive and he should've had a double if not for a freakish save by your keeper.
Yes he is quite an Angry man when the goals fly in. With the line up tmrw and how desperate Burbs will be for their 1st points another Wrath test for the Bay and if we don't get out of 1st gear we could be punished harder than the Tigers beat us by last week.
Hopefully we don't get caught in the eye of Garden Suburbs Storm.

hawk
16-05-2014, 10:33 PM
I think LJ going to Subs is the missing piece needed providing the personalities fit. defence seems solid enough, mids work hard & a sober keeper :lulzturtle: will reep rewards. I was impressed with Kotara's passing game last week v N Bay, (tim get back on the treadmill son ;).

Ninja
17-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Yes he is quite an Angry man when the goals fly in. With the line up tmrw and how desperate Burbs will be for their 1st points another Wrath test for the Bay and if we don't get out of 1st gear we could be punished harder than the Tigers beat us by last week.
Hopefully we don't get caught in the eye of Garden Suburbs Storm.

Well really, being caught in the eye of the storm would be less dangerous

Happy
17-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Well really, being caught in the eye of the storm would be less dangerous

Very good

Guiltykeep
17-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Burbs vs n/bay
3rds 2-2
Res 2-1 bay
1st 2-1 burbs

Cuz
17-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Did the famous 'lumberjack' and Bobby play?

ForeverRed
17-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Yep

Ninja
17-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Bay keeper in fine form. He good.

Dolphin Messenger
17-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Did the famous 'lumberjack' and Bobby play? both got a goal each on debut for Suburbs. The club would like to thank the Suburbs supporters for the day. Our GK is in fine form saving a few crackers today.

Cuz
17-05-2014, 07:54 PM
One thing those fellas can do is score goals , I can only imagine the frustration of them only getting one each lol

Premy
17-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Top shelf

Guiltykeep
18-05-2014, 12:35 AM

2 top quality saves could've easily been a lot more goals today but he kept them in it

Bay goal easily offside by few metres!!

Stephen McTowelie
18-05-2014, 09:54 AM
One thing those fellas can do is score goals , I can only imagine the frustration of them only getting one each lol

Judging by the suburbs crowd yesterday, lumberjack is an instant cult hero! His baron run against the bay keeper runs on but - no goals in two seasons

Premy
18-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Judging by the suburbs crowd yesterday, lumberjack is an instant cult hero! His baron run against the bay keeper runs on but - no goals in two seasonsYou must of misted our first goal where Lez scored.

Stephen McTowelie
18-05-2014, 10:24 AM
You must of misted our first goal where Lez scored.

Unfortunately the credit for that goal went to the n bay right back for putting it into his own net

Premy
18-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately the credit for that goal went to the n bay right back for putting it into his own net
I believe the shot was on target so it's considered Lez's goal if the initial shot was of target it would go down as a own goal.

Stephen McTowelie
18-05-2014, 10:32 AM
I believe the shot was on target so it's considered Lez's goal if the initial shot was of target it would go down as a own goal.

One for the dubious goals panel to decide at the end of the round

Premy
18-05-2014, 10:34 AM
Haha

Happy
18-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Kotara v Morisset
3rd 3-0 I think
2nd 5-2
1st 3-0

supa
18-05-2014, 06:20 PM
BERO v WESTLAKES

3rds 1 - 1
Res 1 - 0
1sts 8 - 1

Cuz
18-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Westlakes Absolutely fed!
I like it.

Happy
18-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Suns v bay??

p-diddy
18-05-2014, 06:55 PM
1st 3-1 to Warnersbay
Res 3 all
Not sure bout 3rds

hawk
18-05-2014, 08:10 PM
1st 3-1 to Warnersbay
Res 3 all
Not sure bout 3rds

3rds 3-1 Suns on scoreboard

Flint_tropics
19-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Have the south cardiff boys suburbs recruited still with the club ? have only seen them play the 1st round

Premy
19-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Have the south cardiff boys suburbs recruited still with the club ? have only seen them play the 1st roundthey sure are their just been a bit unlucky with some injuries, won't be long till we have all hands on deck.

Flint_tropics
20-05-2014, 12:26 PM
In the suns game nothing got past them two on the right side . Suburbs sound like there gonna be hard to beat once there back to full strength .

Premy
20-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Wash out game @ Garden Suburb tonight V Beresfield

3rds 2-2
Res 4-0

1st grade tomorrow night 7pm

Premy
21-05-2014, 10:04 PM
1st Grade 1-1

Fridge
21-05-2014, 10:30 PM
1st Grade 1-1

Good game of footy wrecked by the red wiggle. Very poor referee.:wtf:
There will be a at least 22 very sore boys tomorrow.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
22-05-2014, 05:19 PM
The abandoned reserve grade match between Jesmond and Beresfield will be played Wednesday June 4 at Jesmond Park, 7pm.

KSSFC
24-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Westlakes vs Kotara
Kotara won all three grades

3rds 0-3
Res 0-4
1st 1-4

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
24-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Jes v W Bay.

3rds. 4-4 in a good match marred by wingeing.
Res. 2-1 with a 3rd grade substitute defender bagging a double.
1sts 0-1.

We weren't good enough to deserve to win. Created many more chances but ordinary finishing, too much rushed play, uncharacteristic mistakes etc. Probably didn't deserve to lose either but WB had very good chance early that was brilliantly saved by our GK and then put one away late which was probably their only other significant chance.

Couple of our pen shouts knocked back, one in particular looked like should of been given but no complainants on refs. Actually be happy to have the 1sts bloke every week.

Well done WB, look fwd to second round.

Dolphin Messenger
25-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Suns v Nelson Bay
Suns taking the 9pts today
1sts
2-0 Suns
Res
3-1 Suns
3rds
5-1 Suns

Stephen McTowelie
25-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Suns v Nelson Bay
Suns taking the 9pts today
1sts
2-0 Suns
Res
3-1 Suns
3rds
5-1 Suns

Thanks to the suns for putting on another brilliant day. Always a pleasure to play them at Connelly. We'll do something at the bay when we host you in a couple of months - and hopefully take some points off you!

Premy
25-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Garden Suburb V Morisset

3rds- 6-0
Res- 2-0
1st- 1-0

I hope the Morisset lads leg is not as bad it seems wish him a speedy recovery.

Bon
25-05-2014, 09:51 PM
I hope the Morisset lads leg is not as bad it seems wish him a speedy recovery.

Yeah, all the best to you, Mupps.. Hope everything is alright mate..

Premy
27-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Attention Nave or Frodo any news on the lad that hurt himself? Was it as bad as it looked or is there good news?

Bon
27-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Attention Nave or Frodo any news on the lad that hurt himself? Was it as bad as it looked or is there good news?

Ligaments in his ankle.. He reckons he will be back in about 4 weeks (But if its similar to what happened to me last year, he will be out a lot longer than that)

Premy
27-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Ligaments in his ankle.. He reckons he will be back in about 4 weeks (But if its similar to what happened to me last year, he will be out a lot longer than that)
Good to hear it's not a break, hopefully his back playing in no time

Potters
27-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah he is being a little optimistic at 4 weeks but thankfully he isn't our for the season, a massive thank you to the gardo boys for calling the ambulance and helping him out. Was a great game in firsts bar the result haha

Bon
27-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah he is being a little optimistic at 4 weeks but thankfully he isn't our for the season, a massive thank you to the gardo boys for calling the ambulance and helping him out. Was a great game in firsts bar the result haha

Hahahahaha..
All those saves you made would have looked even better if you had your eyes open.. :grin:

Frodo
28-05-2014, 10:59 AM
Hahahahaha..
All those saves you made would have looked even better if you had your eyes open.. :grin:

Love this Nob. (not that i can laugh given my performance).
I was disappointed when Scotty didn't celebrate the OG, buried it well.:tongue: It was a great game to watch, can't wait till you boys come to Dora for the rematch. Just leave the ambulances at home, no more of that needed this year.

Nave
29-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Love this Nob. (not that i can laugh given my performance).
I was disappointed when Scotty didn't celebrate the OG, buried it well.:tongue: It was a great game to watch, can't wait till you boys come to Dora for the rematch. Just leave the ambulances at home, no more of that needed this year.

Ambos should have quickly drugged him up so i didnt have to play just about 2 full games ha im still sore

Lofty
29-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Weekend predictions anyone..

Nelson Bay - Jesmond (Jesmond 2+)
Westlakes - BYE (Have to go Westlakes in a close one here)
Kotara - Suburbs (Draw with a 4 or 6 goal thriller)
Morisset - Suns (Suns 2+)
Warners Bay - Beresfield (Beresfield by 1)

Cuz
29-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Jesmond
Kotara
Suns
Bero
All close, no blow outs

KSSFC
29-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Kotara vs Suburbs
Nesbitt Park - Sunday 1st June

Beyond Blue Fundraiser

To any of the suburbs players that frequent this forum, can you please pass on the word through your club that Kotara are having a Beyond Blue fundraiser this sunday. There will be donation tins and raffle tickets to win.

Prizes include:
- 1997 Socceroos shirt signed by the entire squad. Players include Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell, Mark Bosnich, Paul Okon.
- Commonwealth Bank One Day Cricket series stump signed by Mike Hussey.

Thanks

Fridge
29-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Sorted just posted this on our Facebook page.

Kotara vs Suburbs

Beyond Blue Fundraiser

To any of the suburbs players that frequent this forum, can you please pass on the word through your club that Kotara are having a Beyond Blue fundraiser this sunday. There will be donation tins and raffle tickets to win.

Prizes include:
- 1997 Socceroos shirt signed by the entire squad. Players include Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell, Mark Bosnich, Paul Okon.
- Commonwealth Bank One Day Cricket series stump signed by Mike Hussey.

Thanks

KSSFC
29-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Fridge, Thank you very much, its greatly appreciated.

C'mon man
30-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Lets hope Nesbitt holds up and we get on sunday - should be three great games in all grades look forward to this rivalry continuing

Also isnt the fundraiser continuing down at the Blackbutt??

Happy
30-05-2014, 04:07 PM

Nelson Bay - Jesmond (Jesmond 2+)
Kotara - Suburbs (Draw with a 4 or 6 goal thriller)
Morisset - Suns (Suns 2+)
Warners Bay - Beresfield (Beresfield by 1)

Jesmond
Kotara
Suns
Bero

ha'way the lads
30-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Lets hope Nesbitt holds up and we get on sunday - should be three great games in all grades look forward to this rivalry continuing

Also isnt the fundraiser continuing down at the Blackbutt??

Can confirm the fundraiser is continuing at the Blackbutt. Raffle is drawn at 7:30. There will also be some bottles of high end vodka and champagne to throw some coins at, nearest the bottle wins! Thanks in advance to both Kotara and GS for your support.

hawk
30-05-2014, 11:06 PM

bye are tough, no one will take a point off them all year, unfortunately westlakes may lose

Dolphin Messenger
31-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Nelson Bay v Jesmond
3-2
A tale of 2 halfs. Nelson Bay went into half time 2-0 up catching the defense out in the 35th min then slotting a pen in the 42nd min on the second attempt after putting the ball in the back of the net for it to be disallowed for a player running in.
Nelson Bay fell asleep in the 2nd half with Jesmond on top and dominating play. Jesmond easily got it back to 2-2 in the 60th min slotting a pen from a handball in the box. Nelson Bay jagged the win with 3mins to go after a goal mouth scramble from a throw in.

C'mon man
31-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Lower grade scores please!

Ninja
31-05-2014, 07:07 PM
The classic Nelson Bay throw in scramble.

Ranger-86
31-05-2014, 08:57 PM
The classic Nelson Bay throw in scramble.

Mr hand , still getting away with a questionable throwing technique, longer throw than most people can kick

hawk
31-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Kotara vs Suburbs

bring on the derby

ForeverRed
01-06-2014, 06:13 PM
3.2 burbs

Premy
01-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Derby Day @ Nesbitt Park
Kotara V Garden Suburb

3rds- 3-0
Res- 1-0
1st- 2-3

3rds
Didn't see can't comment.

Res
Absolutely comical scenes, game got a little heated and frustration set in with some late and loose tackles manly from our players. The man in the middle lost the game earlier on yellow carding for nothing challenges and letting very late and reckless tackles unpunished. Midway through the second half after some more comedy from the ref enough was enough the crowd and Suburb bench had enough and proceeded to tell him they didn't like his joke, in which the ref then what can only be described as a hissyfit abandoned the match. Fortunately cool heads prevailed (thanks to Kotara's manager who was great throughout the whole ordeal) and the game was back on in which Kotara went on to take a well earned 3points.

1st
What a cracking game great football at pace by 2 good sides. Suburb came out firing ready for the contest and soon went ahead with a hatrick for Lez, forming a quick understanding and dangerous partnership with Sam. Kotara pinched IMO a soft penalty just before H/T which was well taken. Second half Kotara looked a lot hungrier and were starting to enjoy large parts of the game, then the heavens opened at which point I hightailed it. Final score 3-2 to Suburb.

Premy
01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Results???

Morisset V Suns???
Warners V Beresfield???

supa
01-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Results???

Morisset V Suns???
Warners V Beresfield???

warners v bero abandoned due to atrocious refereeing.. i mean weather 0-0

Premy
01-06-2014, 07:13 PM
warners v bero abandoned due to atrocious refereeing.. i mean weather 0-0Does the result stand or will it be replayed?

Happy
01-06-2014, 07:20 PM
warners v bero abandoned due to atrocious refereeing.. i mean weather 0-0

Lower grades?

Nou Camp
01-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Morisset vs Suns
1sts 1-2 suns
Res 1-1
3rds 1-5 suns

Premy
01-06-2014, 07:46 PM
Lower grades?
SP has
Warners Bay V Beresfield
3rds- 4-2
Res- 3-2

Also has
1st 0-0 with the table updated.

hawk
01-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Derby Day @ Nesbitt Park
Kotara V Garden Suburb

1st
What a cracking game great football at pace by 2 good sides. Suburb came out firing ready for the contest and soon went ahead with a hatrick for Lez, forming a quick understanding and dangerous partnership with Sam. Kotara pinched IMO a soft penalty just before H/T which was well taken. Second half Kotara looked a lot hungrier and were starting to enjoy large parts of the game, then the heavens opened at which point I hightailed it. Final score 3-2 to Suburb.

suburbs were pretty physical in the first half which gave suburbs dominance. The pen was a result of a decent shoulder on the lightweight forward, seen them given and waived.

fresh
02-06-2014, 02:03 AM
does anybody think there is a decent size quality gap from here to zpl 1st grade? only judging on the fact wallsend went extremly well last season and now there struggling.

gny
02-06-2014, 08:17 AM
I play in zpl this season, I played with terrace last season and I think there is a pretty big gap especially the top 4-5 of zpl compared to top 4 of id1, there my thoughts

Premy
02-06-2014, 08:22 AM
does anybody think there is a decent size quality gap from here to zpl 1st grade? only judging on the fact wallsend went extremly well last season and now there struggling.
There is definitely a gap, weather on not its unbridgeable is another question. Last 2-3 years ZPL has move in leaps and bounds compared to ZL1 which is improving but not at the same rate.
You guys we're quality last year and I haven't been to any of your games but scores suggest your not far off. I have been to a handful of Kahibah's games and some of their scores would suggest they have been blown out of the park which is just not the case, if they got it together in the final 3rd I'm sure they would have more points on the board.
Swansea, New Lambton and Mayfield have taken their game to a new level this year along with Cooks Hill, Uni and Dudley ZPL is a real strong comp and any team would find it hard to come in and ruffle feathers.
I wouldn't read to much into it, yes there's a gap, no its not unbridgeable this happens everywhere in the world. I'm sure Wallsend are not far of getting some good results.

Lofty
02-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Morisset vs Suns
1sts 1-2 suns
Res 1-1
3rds 1-5 suns

After yesterday's games, particularly ressies and firsts. It's hard to believe the position Morisset are in. They are quite a mobile team with a few decent players. I think they lack a bit of discipline, especially the number 9 up front that was sent off. I'm sure they are due for a win very soon! Hard to believe they are on zero points as they are better than a few other teams we have played this season.

Bon
02-06-2014, 10:45 AM
After yesterday's games, particularly ressies and firsts. It's hard to believe the position Morisset are in. They are quite a mobile team with a few decent players. I think they lack a bit of discipline, especially the number 9 up front that was sent off. I'm sure they are due for a win very soon! Hard to believe they are on zero points as they are better than a few other teams we have played this season.

Totally agree..
Gotta be the unluckiest team going around.. Their position on the table definitely does not reflect how they have been playing..

As for our game against Kotara.. What a last 20 minutes. An inch of water covering the field turned it in to an under 6's "just boot it as hard as you can" match as you couldn't pass, dribble or do anything with it on the ground.. As Hawk said, both penalties that Kotara got were relatively soft, but I've seen ref's go both ways on them..

Bon
02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Hawk, there was a bloke standing alone in the corner with a green jacket on taking photos.. Rumour has it, that that was you?

Premy
02-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Hawk, there was a bloke standing alone in the corner with a green trenchcoat on taking photos and fondling with himself.. Rumour has it, that you were pitching a tent, was that was you?
Fixed.

Potters
02-06-2014, 12:11 PM
After yesterday's games, particularly ressies and firsts. It's hard to believe the position Morisset are in. They are quite a mobile team with a few decent players. I think they lack a bit of discipline, especially the number 9 up front that was sent off. I'm sure they are due for a win very soon! Hard to believe they are on zero points as they are better than a few other teams we have played this season. cheers mate we have been working very hard on our shape and rectifying a few things (one you pointed out) that will hopefully help everything fall into place and let us start getting points on the board.. Our score lines are much tighter and I thought we would snatch a point of you boys if not for our muppet being sent off and allowing you boys to control the last 15

Bon
02-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Fixed.

Well played, sir.. :lulz:

cheers mate we have been working very hard on our shape and rectifying a few things (one you pointed out) that will hopefully help everything fall into place and let us start getting points on the board.. Our score lines are much tighter and I thought we would snatch a point of you boys if not for our muppet being sent off and allowing you boys to control the last 15

Was it Jase frothing up again?

Nave
02-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Well played, sir.. :lulz:

Was it Jase frothing up again?

Yeah unfortunately now he misses another game

NUGUNS
02-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Kotara Sth vs Garden Suburb

http://i61.tinypic.com/2dr8gut.png

http://i62.tinypic.com/rrmhdu.png

Bon
02-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Hahahaha.. And that was before it got REAL bad..

NUGUNS
02-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Hahahaha.. And that was before it got REAL bad..

Match should have been abandoned lucky no one got injured.

Linesman was a joke.

Guiltykeep
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM
The linesman who was starring at the storm coming over Instead of watching the game?

hawk
02-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Hawk, there was a bloke standing alone in the corner with a green jacket on taking photos.. Rumour has it, that that was you?

lol, both correct. Yep, got a few snaps but i didnt get that wet stuff. nice shots whoever did.

hawk
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM

Guiltykeep
03-06-2014, 09:10 AM
lol, both correct. Yep, got a few snaps but i didnt get that wet stuff. nice shots whoever did.

I could hear thst camera of your getting a good workout aha top stuff hope to see more pics taken this weekend up the nest hawk

Bon
03-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Some nice photos there Hawk, although I notice you were down at our defensive end.. Expecting a bit of action down there ay? :sup:

Dolphin Messenger
03-06-2014, 10:25 AM
How long into the wbay v Bero game did the game get called off?
Will there be a replay?

hawk
03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Some nice photos there Hawk, although I notice you were down at our defensive end.. Expecting a bit of action down there ay? :sup:
rookie error. I usually sit at that top end but decided to venture down before the monsoon hit. Bar end was the place to be

tried to get Lez on full zoom but i couldnt keep up.

Nou Camp
03-06-2014, 05:42 PM
we are constantly getting the Leslie Neilson look a like that spends the most of the game walking with his head facing down at the ground not even looking...
fair enough youre a bit older and cant keep up with the play at times but at least be watching

gny
03-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Teams still can't shut down the lumberjack? Thought he was only quick?should be easy to shut down

supa
04-06-2014, 08:03 AM
How long into the wbay v Bero game did the game get called off?
Will there be a replay?

about 15mins into the second half.. the ref made the call after he slipped in the centre-circle which he had worn a pretty distinct path in by not leaving it all game.. might have helped if he bothered to pack proper football boots.. Nesbitt was about ten times worse with water pooling etc.

Premy
04-06-2014, 10:46 AM
about 15mins into the second half.. the ref made the call after he slipped in the centre-circle which he had worn a pretty distinct path in by not leaving it all game.. might have helped if he bothered to pack proper football boots.. Nesbitt was about ten times worse with water pooling etc.

So will there be a replay or dose the result stand?

RANGER09
04-06-2014, 11:04 AM
zone league rules for incomplete fixtures

Any Fixture abandoned or stopped during the second half will be deemed to have reached its natural conclusion and will not be replayed- the score at the time of abandonment/stoppage will be taken to be the final score and result.

Stephen McTowelie
04-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Teams still can't shut down the lumberjack? Thought he was only quick?should be easy to shut down

The sweeper for n bay seems to do a pretty good job of it. The two of them have been having a great tussle for the last two seasons now

hawk
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
zone league rules for incomplete fixtures

Any Fixture abandoned or stopped during the second half will be deemed to have reached its natural conclusion and will not be replayed- the score at the time of abandonment/stoppage will be taken to be the final score and result.

those rules could be exploited

RANGER09
04-06-2014, 09:40 PM
those rules could be exploited

If both clubs mutually agree to replay the match then shouldn't be a problem, rules should let them do that one would think.

Bon
04-06-2014, 10:10 PM
The sweeper for n bay seems to do a pretty good job of it. The two of them have been having a great tussle for the last two seasons now

You reckon??

Potters
05-06-2014, 03:52 AM

We kept him pretty quiet, even scored the goal for gardo as they couldn't ;)... Bon said he was injured tho so may have helped

Frodo
06-06-2014, 02:11 PM
So what are the chances of any games being played this weekend? Anyone from Jesmond had a look at the ground today?

Bon
06-06-2014, 02:15 PM
So what are the chances of any games being played this weekend? Anyone from Jesmond had a look at the ground today?

I would say chances aren't great..
Not sure what its like now, but it had been bucketing down overnight and this morning in Newy, water pooled up bigtime.. (However, its been relatively dry and windy out here in Maito all day)..

NUGUNS
06-06-2014, 04:36 PM
I would say chances aren't great..
Not sure what its like now, but it had been bucketing down overnight and this morning in Newy, water pooled up bigtime.. (However, its been relatively dry and windy out here in Maito all day)..

I think its safe to say unless we get sun tomorrow, Suburbs v Westlakes will be off.

It rained all night and its still raining at the moment.

We all know how well Lance Yorke holds up........

stormypete
06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
looking at the radar now ... and the forecast. I reckon nothin' will be on.
It's been pretty consistent rain now for a few hours this arvo (New Lambton)

Frodo
06-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Anyone own a cinema complex? Full team FIFA 14 competition for points! Haha. At least everyone gets to enjoy the entire long weekend..

Jesmond_sweeper
06-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Jesmond v morri @ ram park is off. Could someone on here from morri get in touch with right people in the club to let everyone know? I rang and left a few voice mails.
Cheers.

Potters
06-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Cheers mate I let my Gaffa know.. Time to drink as heavy as this rain

Dolphin Messenger
06-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Suburbs & Tigers would have the experience of pool football from last weekend

Premy
06-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Suburbs & Tigers would have the experience of pool football from last weekend
Big W has a special on floaties... Safety first.

Fridge
07-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Suburb v Westlakes off tomorrow.

Nou Camp
07-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Suns vs Kotara still on for now

KSSFC
08-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Suns vs Kotara
3rd Grade 1 -5 Kotara
res Grade 2-0 Suns
1st Grade 2-1 Suns

Dolphin Messenger
08-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Bero v NBay
1st
4-1
Bero in control today 2 early goals in the opening 15 mins the 2nd goal was a cracker and giving our Reserve grade keeper trouble today the contest was over 5mins into the second half. The bay getting a late goal after Beros 4th was scored.

Happy
08-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Bero v NBay
1st
4-1
Bero in control today 2 early goals in the opening 15 mins the 2nd goal was a cracker and giving our Reserve grade keeper trouble today the contest was over 5mins into the second half. The bay getting a late goal after Beros 4th was scored.

Lower grades?

Dolphin Messenger
09-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Lower grades?
Res
2-2
3rds
4-1 Nelson Bay

fazman
09-06-2014, 04:55 PM
any indication of when westlakes vs burbs catch up is???

Premy
09-06-2014, 05:42 PM
any indication of when westlakes vs burbs catch up is???
No idea yet I'll post it when I find out.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
10-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Halfway through the season and we've pretty much seen all our competition at least once, perhaps with the exception of a team. With the weekends wet weather I've not seen Morisset at all.

Has anyone got a pick for minor premiership and top 4?

Personally, I was really impressed with Kotara. They had us chasing shadows at times. Bero seem really intense for long periods (I think this will make them hard to beat for the minor premiership) and Suburbs now with their strengthened attack seem really worrying too. Suns I've only seen once when we played them in the wet. They would be my pick for the 4 with our aim to pinch someone's spot.

No disrespect to others, especially NB or WB as they beat us fair and square - but the above worry me more at this stage.

Keen for anyone's thoughts.... especially those that have been in and around this division for longer than Jesmond as my thoughts are obviously based on seeing most teams only once.

NWM
10-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Suburbs for me have been one of the best yet unlucky teams I've ever seen in ZL1 Football. They're always there about's but for some reason injuries, Catch-up's and form slumps just always seem to catch them for the Minor Prem. Bero have thrown everything including the kitchen sink which personally makes me sick. How many times do we have to see clubs paying for mercenaries that leave the year after promotion? Not one team that has gone up with this method has stayed the distance yet. Warner's Bay weren't great but they're staying in the mix, certainly a runner. Kotara for me are just one of those teams that put themselves in the shitfight somehow, Great team but inconsistency seems to get the better of them. I have a lot of time for Kotara, an absolute Brotherhood Club. Jesmond, I have to say have been the least convincing team I have seen out of the "TOP" teams. I could not tell you how they get results but they do, and to anybody that knows football it's a dangerous trait to have. They don't look like they deserve a positive result but find a way to get it. They are a huge danger. Suns, have made a lot of changes to coaching and personel, although for the better, still finding their feet. If they click they will be right up there. At this point though I think they'll get 3rd maybe 4th.

In Closing, I'm going for a Hoodoo Break.

1st - Suburbs
2nd - Bero
3rd - Suns
4th - Jesmond

pv4
10-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Jesmond, I have to say have been the least convincing team I have seen out of the "TOP" teams. I could not tell you how they get results but they do, and to anybody that knows football it's a dangerous trait to have. They don't look like they deserve a positive result but find a way to get it. They are a huge danger.

It's funny you say that because Jesmond were in and around the top 1-2 for the entire year last in ZL2 year yet every person I spoke to from any club other than Jesmond (and to be fair, even one or two Jesmond guys admitted the same to me) thought similar - not overly convincing, seemed odd they had accumulated so many points, yet the ladder didn't lie and in the end were deserving of the position they were in because the others teams didn't do enough to compete with that. They are great at grinding out the points. Great work by them to continue this trait in the league above. A shame about their field though.

Nou Camp
10-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Halfway through the season and we've pretty much seen all our competition at least once, perhaps with the exception of a team. With the weekends wet weather I've not seen Morisset at all.

Has anyone got a pick for minor premiership and top 4?

Personally, I was really impressed with Kotara. They had us chasing shadows at times. Bero seem really intense for long periods (I think this will make them hard to beat for the minor premiership) and Suburbs now with their strengthened attack seem really worrying too. Suns I've only seen once when we played them in the wet. They would be my pick for the 4 with our aim to pinch someone's spot.

No disrespect to others, especially NB or WB as they beat us fair and square - but the above worry me more at this stage.

Keen for anyone's thoughts.... especially those that have been in and around this division for longer than Jesmond as my thoughts are obviously based on seeing most teams only once.

ive never seen it this close before, no easy games for any team, even Morisset and westlakes have more than enough ability to take points from all teams
will go right down to the wire
im expecting a premierleague like last round with many on the phones for score changes and updates

C'mon man
12-06-2014, 08:32 PM
anyone from Jesmond......whats the chances of the game going ahead against the tigers this Saturday??? no suprises that council have closed Nesbitt

Happy
13-06-2014, 09:00 AM
anyone from Jesmond......whats the chances of the game going ahead against the tigers this Saturday??? no suprises that council have closed Nesbitt
I 2nd this question.

Dolphin Messenger
13-06-2014, 10:44 AM
If someone goes down to Jesmond Park and throws a bucket of water onto the pitch, council closes the ground & both teams can get on the piss Sat morning

Happy
13-06-2014, 10:52 AM
If someone goes down to Jesmond Park and throws a bucket of water onto the pitch, council closes the ground & both teams can get on the piss Sat morning
That's not a bad idea could go some early cachaça.

NUGUNS
13-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Will have to be a lot of water, since I've played Zone League I've never played on it while it wasn't wet.

outsider
14-06-2014, 11:30 AM

Jesmond out-surprise surprise-on wet weather site

Happy
14-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Should've made the call earlier. Never had much time for them anyway.

pv4
14-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Jesmond park smh

Happy
14-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Jesmond park smh
http://www.internetslang.com/SMH-meaning-definition.asp

Dolphin Messenger
14-06-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm not going to lie. I was lurking around Jesmond Park with my Bucket

Premy
15-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Suns V Suburb
3rds 1-0
Res 4-1
1st 0-6

That's right no typo 0-6

Frodo
15-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Beresfield vs Morisset.
3rds- 1-1 (fair result of a tight contest)

Reserves 1-2 Morisset win. (Bero scored first and then Morisset slowly got themselves back into the game)

1sts 3-2 Bero. Well.... Morisset scored 2 in the 1st half and looked quite good. Scored a 3rd from a free kick only for the "ref" to call halftime as it travelled toward goal. In the 2nd half Bero scored from a penalty and then Morisset conceded 2 own goals. Then came the greatest thing I've ever seen on a football field happened. From a corner we managed to head the ball over the keeper towards goal. One of the Bero blokes hit it out with his hand, Morisset then headed the ball straight back into the net and after celebrating found out that the ref hadn't seen and called play on. Bero almost went up and scored. Not sure what we can do, The beresfield lads were pretty good about it but it wasn't their fault in anyway.

Frodo
15-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Suburbs 6-0 in firsts. Thats a big result.

Drunken ranger
15-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Suns V Suburb
3rds 1-0
Res 4-1
1st 0-6

That's right no typo 0-6

How many lumberjack get ??? And where have you fellas got bobby playing ??

Premy
15-06-2014, 06:40 PM
How many lumberjack get ??? And where have you fellas got bobby playing ??

Lez 2
Sam 2
Bobby 1
Ninja 1

Had they of been more clinical it could of been 10+
Bobby played up front.

hawk
15-06-2014, 08:20 PM
couple quick snaps at Wbay

748 749 750 752 751

Premy
15-06-2014, 08:31 PM
You got a score for us hawk?

Premy
15-06-2014, 08:35 PM

That looks painful

namwob99
15-06-2014, 08:35 PM
couple quick snaps at Wbay

Both kits are horrendous!!

Frodo
15-06-2014, 08:55 PM
That looks painful

Mate, I wish Bero tackled that politely today. Every other minute you'd hear from the crowd 'break his f%$cking neck'.

pv4
15-06-2014, 10:41 PM

:rof:

Macca
16-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Beresfield vs Morisset.
3rds- 1-1 (fair result of a tight contest)

Reserves 1-2 Morisset win. (Bero scored first and then Morisset slowly got themselves back into the game)

1sts 3-2 Bero. Well.... Morisset scored 2 in the 1st half and looked quite good. Scored a 3rd from a free kick only for the "ref" to call halftime as it travelled toward goal. In the 2nd half Bero scored from a penalty and then Morisset conceded 2 own goals. Then came the greatest thing I've ever seen on a football field happened. From a corner we managed to head the ball over the keeper towards goal. One of the Bero blokes hit it out with his hand, Morisset then headed the ball straight back into the net and after celebrating found out that the ref hadn't seen and called play on. Bero almost went up and scored. Not sure what we can do, The beresfield lads were pretty good about it but it wasn't their fault in anyway.

Sounds like Morisset's tough season continues, you've done well to take it to Bero, they've been the most impressive team we've played.

Warners Bay took all 9 points from Westlakes, not sure of third grade but I think 3-1 in reserves and 2-0 in first grade to the bay. Decent game in firsts, thought we had the better of the first half and a good chance early in the second but they came home strong and definitely had the better of the last half hour and got a couple goals for their efforts.

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
16-06-2014, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=hawk;82110]couple quick snaps at Wbay

Im not saying Kirt is skinny Captain America

But he is skinny Captain America

leftrightout
17-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Wow they really are bad!

Premy
18-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Postponed Fixture

Garden Suburb V Westlakes
@Lance York Oval
Tuesday 24th June
3rds 6:30pm
Res 8:10pm

Wednesday 25th June
1st 7:00pm

hawk
18-06-2014, 11:48 PM
i forgot to grill pv4 about this

pv4
19-06-2014, 02:48 AM
i forgot to grill pv4 about this

:rof: you think I'd let that happen on my watch?

Premy
21-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Westlakes V Suns results anyone?

ICEBERG10
22-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Westlakes V Suns results anyone?

3rd Grade Suns 1-0
Reserves Suns 3-1
1st Grade Suns 2-0

ForeverRed
22-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Suburbs all grades against jesmond, 3.2 firsts

hawk
22-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Kotara v Bero
1st 2-3
res 1-0
3rd 3-1

Dolphin Messenger
22-06-2014, 06:21 PM
Nelson Bay V Warners Bay
1sts
1-0 Nelson Bay
Nelson Bay scoring in the 2nd minute from a throw in set play jagged the goal and grinded out the win
Ressies
3-1 Nelson Bay
3rds
0-0

Spook
22-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Suburbs v Jesmond
3rds 3-0 I think
Res. 5-1
First 3-2

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
22-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Ordinary days for Rams, taking no points away from GS. Hard to take anything positive from lower grades, coming up against an established ZL1 club who obviously know how to field 3 competitive teams weekly.

1st grade was a different story and the difference in the game was probably 2 cracking free kicks. Both teams could have scored more. Could winge about some some minor calls but end of day sometimes they fall your way sometimes they don't. Credit to GS who have put together a side very dangerous when going forward.

Cheers for the hospitality, banter from crowd and loan of a few drink bottles. Hopefully we can get back on track and play some SF football, no doubt you'll be there.

gny
23-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Since the lumberjack has rocked up things have turned right around for gs, one man team?

Premy
23-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Since the lumberjack has rocked up things have turned right around for gs, one man team?
This statement doesn't even dignify a response, I don't even know why I gave it one.

Not sure if you're asking a serious question or if you're just trying to stir the pot. We had a good side before we added some more quality to the team we were just a bit unlucky in some games.

Premy
23-06-2014, 07:48 AM
As to the game yesterday it was summed up pretty well by rams, I will add both keepers had great games being tested numerous times.
IMO Garden Suburb were the better side and deserved the win Jesmond's second came from the penalty spot late in the game making it a tense finish after Suburb failed to put the game to bed with some good chances before the penalty.

Macca
23-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Nelson Bay V Warners Bay
1sts
1-0 Nelson Bay
Nelson Bay scoring in the 2nd minute from a throw in set play jagged the goal and grinded out the win
Ressies
3-1 Nelson Bay
3rds
0-0

Bloody Nelson Bay throw ins...

C'mon man
23-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Well what a game yesterday Kotara v Bero at Nesbitt
Shattered about the result but thrilling game to watch especially 2nd half where all the drama unfolded
Bero went up 1-0 for kotara to reply with a beautiful lob finish 1-1. then bero scored again with a mazy run and good finish only for kotara to come back again with an absolute cracker of a half-volley....dont think the keeper even saw it 2-2.
Then bero scored from a great free kick that hit the crossbar and the rebound was hit in by of all people .... Danny Burt.
Great game, phsyical, great passages of passing at times - two good sides.

As always we at kotara are making it hard for ourselves - will need a big finish to the year, we have done it before and will have to do it again - couldnt pick the final Top 4 at the minute so close

Stephen McTowelie
23-06-2014, 01:13 PM
It's nearly that time of year again where somebody throws out their best eleven of the competition. Any suggestions from anyone?

Premy
23-06-2014, 01:34 PM
This statement doesn't even dignify a response, I don't even know why I gave it one.

Not sure if you're asking a serious question or if you're just trying to stir the pot. We had a good side before we added some more quality to the team we were just a bit unlucky in some games.
Will also add to this that from the 11 starters for us yesterday 6 of those played in the GF last year, 1 played in the GF for reserve grade, 2 came from South Cardiff and the other 2 were Bobby and Lez.
To suggest that we're one man team is insulting to the 10 other players on the field many of whom have been at the club for several years. In the past 5 years those players have taken Garden Suburb to the Semi's every year, Won a Major Premiership, come 1 point short of a Minor Premiership twice and have held their own against clubs like Barnsley, Suns, Kotara, Cooks Hill, Morisset, Wallsend and Warners Bay.

Dolphin Messenger
23-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Garden Suburbs are no one man team but the lumberjack is a "Game Changer"

leftrightout
23-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Will also add to this that from the 11 starters for us yesterday 6 of those played in the GF last year, 1 played in the GF for reserve grade, 2 came from South Cardiff and the other 2 were Bobby and Lez.
To suggest that we're one man team is insulting to the 10 other players on the field many of whom have been at the club for several years. In the past 5 years those players have taken Garden Suburb to the Semi's every year, Won a Major Premiership, come 1 point short of a Minor Premiership twice and have held their own against clubs like Barnsley, Suns, Kotara, Cooks Hill, Morisset, Wallsend and Warners Bay.

To say you guys are a one man team is ridiculous. As someone who has watched Suburbs play over the last few years i have to say you have been so unlucky not to be promoted. I think you deserve your shot in ZPL and i hope you can achieve that this year.
Good luck!

hawk
23-06-2014, 05:27 PM
To say you guys are a one man team is ridiculous. As someone who has watched Suburbs play over the last few years i have to say you have been so unlucky not to be promoted. I think you deserve your shot in ZPL and i hope you can achieve that this year.
Good luck!

That'd be right, have been hangin for the Suburbs/Cardiff derby for yrs but numpty tigers are looking like going down, spar-ewin.

Beachedas
23-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Does anyone think Bero has what it takes to take the minor premiership out, I'd say this weekends game against Garden Suburb's will go a long way to determining how these two teams finish.

Premy
23-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Does anyone think Bero has what it takes to take the minor premiership out, I'd say this weekends game against Garden Suburb's will go a long way to determining how these two teams finish.
Beresfield are going to be hard to catch IMO, I feel we will need to take all of our remaining points available to catch them.