ForeverRed
04-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Kahibah must have a lot of players to be in it twice

zzzzzzzzzz
04-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Belmont Tingira FC

boz-monaut
04-01-2014, 01:45 PM
whoops - I just cut unt pasted the first two rounds assuming each team would be home then away - here's the correct list

Garden Suburb FC
Nelson Bay FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Senior FC
Muswellbrook FC
Newcastle Suns FC
Jesmond FC
Beresfield USSC
Belmont Tingira FC
Warners Bay FC

sharky21
04-01-2014, 02:35 PM
whoops - I just cut unt pasted the first two rounds assuming each team would be home then away - here's the correct list

Garden Suburb FC
Nelson Bay FC
Kahibah FC
Kotara South Senior FC
Muswellbrook FC
Newcastle Suns FC
Jesmond FC
Beresfield USSC
Belmont Tingira FC
Warners Bay FC
Just to throw a scanner in the works heard muswellbrook have passed on promotion and are staying in league 2. With from what I know Raymond Terrace dropping them selves and morriset coming last and struggling for players who will fill the spot in league 1?

boz-monaut
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I'll keep posting the official team list once they update it

Nou Camp
08-01-2014, 12:10 PM
hopefully it stays a competitive 10 team comp

any major signings?

rijid
08-01-2014, 04:50 PM
I agree, no one wants a bye. Third place in ZL2(2013) was Charlestown I think

rijid
08-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Welcome to Shane Nilsson - appointed Head Coach to our Belmont Tingira FC Teams
Trials for our ZL1 teams on Sunday January 19th from 4:30 – 6:00pm at Baxter Field, Marks Point and on Thursday 23rd between 6:30 and 8:00pm
All trials/training will be at Baxter Field, Marks Point and all new players are requested to be at their first session 15 mins early to register.
Prospective new players, please contact Shane on 0407 638 807 or by email - shane.nilsson@vefc.com.au

pv4
09-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I agree, no one wants a bye. Third place in ZL2(2013) was Charlestown I think

Yep Charlestown third, Westlakes fourth. Both being the only clubs to have both grades make the finals.

A bit of confusion over Charlestown currently though - word before Xmas was they folded.

Beppe
09-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Yep Charlestown third, Westlakes fourth. Both being the only clubs to have both grades make the finals.

A bit of confusion over Charlestown currently though - word before Xmas was they folded.

If offered, would westlakes be open to promotion into ZL1? Can they field 3 teams?

pv4
09-01-2014, 11:44 AM
If offered, would westlakes be open to promotion into ZL1? Can they field 3 teams?

No idea anymore tbh. If you had asked me this in the last 2-3 years I'd say yes because Westlakes have had 2 grades plus an all age team, plus a few people with "guarentees" they'd come play (various grades - all playing at various clubs around Newcastle) if the club was put into ID1s.

Realistically they should have been offered promotion ahead of Belmont for last season as it should have been 1st + GF winners just like A-League clubs getting into the ACL (what went on there, NNSW/feds?).

But not sure on their squad numbers for this year - haven't heard a heap on ins/outs.

Nou Camp
13-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Newcastle Suns pre season training will begin 14/01/2014 at connolly park carro at 6pm
New players always welcome
bit of a different set up this year with 2 head coaches
very attacking first grade squad for 2014 so far

Fridge
21-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Garden Suburb FC training commences Tuesday 21st Jan 6.00pm at Garden Suburb fields. Will continue every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the season.
New players welcome.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
22-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Jesmond Rams pre season begins tomorrow night at Heaton Park, 6pm. Second session next Thursday before reverting to Tue/Thu in Feb. As going from 2 teams to 3, looking to add quality and quantity so encourage anyone looking for a new club to come along. Coach Mick Coates available on 0412 449 333.

Incognito mosquito
24-01-2014, 01:56 PM
For those who may be interested,

Westlakes wildcats had been offered and have accepted to be promoted into the zfl1 competition to replace Musswelbrook. It has been confirmed this afternoon that we have been promoted. It will be a tough new challenge for us but one we look forward to.

Any undecided players are more than welcome to come to pre season which starts on Tuesday the 28th 6pm at rathmines oval

Good luck to all this season

fazman
24-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Westlakes Wildcats Football Club ihas been confirmed that we have been promoted into the ZFL1 competition for 2014 we would like to welcome all current and new players to attend first training session on 28th jan at 6:30 at rathmines oval, we encourage all people to come down and have a run, we have a strong culture and a good bunch of guys, all welcome!

contact committee member matt on 0403091102 for enquires

newyjet
26-01-2014, 08:25 PM
does anyone know when kahibah start and where

newyjet
26-01-2014, 08:26 PM
start training*

Nou Camp
28-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Kahibah dont really come on here much, you may want to contact the club directly

KSSFC
28-01-2014, 11:48 AM
KOTARA SOUTH SENIOR FOOTBALL CLUB - Pre Season Begins Tonight

KSSFC
28-01-2014, 11:52 AM
KOTARA SOUTH SENIOR FOOTBALL CLUB - Pre Season Begins Tonight

To all new prospective players, pre-season training begins tonight at Lugar Park, Kotara at 6:00pm. All are welcome.

Eleganceisirrelevant
03-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Thoughts and prediction for this years season??

I'm tipping only 4 teams to seriously compete, I would say Wallsend, Cooks Hill, New Lambton and Barnsley.
?!?!?

Bon
03-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Thoughts and prediction for this years season??

I'm tipping only 4 teams to seriously compete, I would say Wallsend, Cooks Hill, New Lambton and Barnsley.
?!?!?

Thats ZPL mate..

Eleganceisirrelevant
03-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Argghhh sorry lads.

fresh
04-02-2014, 01:15 AM
does anyone no anything about the squads for this league? Suburbs the favourites again or ?

Beppe
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Not much being mentioned in this forum. Here is my predictions. Basing this on previous season and potential to gain good players

1. Suburbs - great squad depth, should walk it in
2. Nelson Bay - will be a quality side again unless they lose some of the RAAF boys to the RAAF team
3. Suns - new coach, should be a good squad
4. Kahibah - great coaching staff, will pick up some good players, could easily finisher much higher
5. Kotara - always close, could sneak in
6. Bero - hot and cold last year, have some quality players, if they keep them and add to it they can push top 4
7. Jesmond - Could be a dark horse (or ram)
8. Warners Bay - Not aware of the situation at the bay, so won't put them higher
9. Belmont - didn't have the quality last year, but some good attacking players
10. Westlakes - basing this purely on them coming up last minute and possible squad depth problems.

fresh
04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
heard suburbs lost a few of there best.
suns have bin talking up there signings.
heard same about kahibahs coaches what is the coaches history?

Roberju
04-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Anyone looking for trials and would be able to host us, mayfield (Zone 3) 1st and res - Please contact Alan: Delizzottia@onesteel.com or mick: 0403 242 933. would love a game since we can't use our field until April.

Eleganceisirrelevant
04-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Suburbs have lost quite a few as there were three of there best players running around in the charity shield played on Sunday!

gny
05-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Suburbs can afford to lose a few players there depth was awesome last season,

Premy
05-02-2014, 06:40 AM
1. Suburbs - great squad depth,should walk it in
I can assure you this is not the attitude taken by Suburb, We have been working hard in the pre-season and look forward to another strong year. We've lost a few quality players that's no secret but we've picked up a few handy players as well. To suggest we'll walk it in is laughable same was said last year from people outside our club, we know it's a strong competition. Looking forward to another year of football can't wait for the season to start good luck to all involved.

Beppe
05-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Premy, I just like the way your club goes about business and think you guys will be right up there in all grades again.

Fresh, Kahibah have Chris Turner (i think thats his name) who used to coach Lake Macquarie 1st grade. THey also have Clint Gosling as GK coach who used to be with Olympic NBN league as well as the Jets. They also have Andre Gumprecht running his coaching classes with the juniors and will play his part with the seniors.

Premy
05-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the complements Beppe and by no means was I trying to have a shot at you if it came across like that I apologize.
Its just last year similar things were said and we all know how last season finished up. Sure we're confident of having a good season and expect to be right in the mix but we'll treat all Clubs and the players of those Clubs with the respect they deserve.

I won't be so bold to make predictions but I will offer my insight to all Clubs.

Belmont: Seemed to struggle with numbers a little bit last year and with a young squad lacked some consistency if they add a little bit of quality they might sneak into the top 4 as they proved in a few games last year that they can match it in this division.

Beresfield: From what I've heard they have recruited strongly with some good experienced players, question is how many games will these players with ageing bodies be able to get threw. Should be strong at home as we all know how difficult it can be to go to Pasedena and get results.

Jesmond: I haven't seen or heard to much about them so I can't say much about them. Memory is a bit fuzzy it could of been 2013 or 2012 we played them in the cup with a near full strength side and they matched it with us in parts. Might struggle for numbers going from 2 to 3 teams.

Kahibah: Everyone is going on about their Coach but he can only do so much the players need to perform, they had some quality players last year but they lacked depth. If they can address that I would expect them to be in finals contention.

Kotara: You always know its going to be a tough game against them and you have to be on your game. Couple of new blokes last year if they kept them and they get more familiar with each other I expect them to be right in the mix for the title.

Nelson Bay: Surprised a few last year, I haven't heard if they had kept the group they had last year but if they have I would expect much the same. Title contenders.

Suns: From what I've been told is they're turning blokes away, always a good situation to be in, much like Beresfield there squad isn't getting any younger. Always a hard game and one I always look forward to against top blokes.

Wanersbay: Really not sure how their going to go didn't see any of their games last year and most of their squad that got them to ZPL has moved on. Real unknown quantity to me.

Westlakes: Much like Jesmond they might find it hard going from 2 teams to 3. Been one of the more consistent sides of ZL2 of the last few years so they should hold their own in 1st grade. Expect PV4 to tell us that they were the better team on the day but still got beat. :sup::sparring:

Fridge
05-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Just heard Plattsy have pulled the pin ZPL dropping back to ZL2. Association are trying to replace them with a ZL1 team. Be interesting to see if anyone takes up the offer.

Nou Camp
05-02-2014, 04:45 PM
Suns: From what I've been told is they're turning blokes away, always a good situation to be in, much like Beresfield there squad isn't getting any younger. Always a hard game and one I always look forward to against top blokes.

dont think we have turned anyone yet, only let people of the competition for places will be tough this year especially in the front third. May be putting in an all age team for 2014 if numbers continue (but in saying that by round 5 people will be backing up)
will thankfully be a much younger squad this year that will hopefully push for title all the way.
Premy have already circled the the games against suburbs on the draw, shame its round 1 and 10, wouldve preferred yous closer to the end of the season just to add that little bit of extra value...

seems like everyone has strengthened this year so should be a good competition, hopefully we have refs to ref the games, not hearing good things about numbers but then again its the same story every year

can we start the comp this weekend, cant wait 8 weeks

fresh
05-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Just heard Plattsy have pulled the pin ZPL dropping back to ZL2. Association are trying to replace them with a ZL1 team. Be interesting to see if anyone takes up the offer.

thatll leave zl1 with a bye i bet. No more teams that have the numbers to jump up?

and why isnt your team planning on taking that? Based on last seasons results and the depth suburbs deserves to be in zpl !

Fridge
06-02-2014, 08:19 AM
thatll leave zl1 with a bye i bet. No more teams that have the numbers to jump up?

and why isnt your team planning on taking that? Based on last seasons results and the depth suburbs deserves to be in zpl !

Suburb have been asked in years past to go up and we have declined on all occasions as we have done so this year also. We have a unwritten law under the current board and coaches that if we were to get promotion it would only be so if we win our way. A bit frustrating over last couple of years to miss out by a point.

Drunken ranger
06-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Burbs would easily compete in ZPL but I agree with your policy there's a lot of teams getting walks nowadays

pv4
06-02-2014, 09:13 AM
Suburb have been asked in years past to go up and we have declined on all occasions as we have done so this year also. We have a unwritten law under the current board and coaches that if we were to get promotion it would only be so if we win our way. A bit frustrating over last couple of years to miss out by a point.

That's a really interesting way of looking at it. Who and why started that policy? I can see the good side and also the bad side of it

leftrightout
06-02-2014, 10:13 AM

I love that attitude and it really shows with the way your club plays and has always played. Suburbs always been strong with a fighting attitude but alot of quality to go with it.
Keep patient, i have no doubt your are not too far away from a well deserved promotion!

Nou Camp
06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
A team that gets promoted from ZL2 who needs players could approach a half decent all age team and make a deal with them to play their 3rd grade and slowly intergrate into the club, theres so many all age divisions surely theres a team out there to fill the void if players.... just thinking out loud here
better than having byes??

sharky21
06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
A team that gets promoted from ZL2 who needs players could approach a half decent all age team and make a deal with them to play their 3rd grade and slowly intergrate into the club, theres so many all age divisions surely theres a team out there to fill the void if players.... just thinking out loud here
better than having byes??

The only problem with another team coming up from ZL2 is you already have 2nd and 4th from last season. Any other team to come up would just be making up.numbers. Which may already be the case.

Drunken ranger
06-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Yes you maybe correct in saying they just there in making up the numbers but who would step up from zl2 if a team offers to replace plattys out zl1

Premy
06-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Yes you maybe correct in saying they just there in making up the numbers but who would step up from zl2 if a team offers to replace plattys out zl1

Plattsburgh won't be in ZL1 they cant field 3 teams thats why they dropped out of ZPL.

Drunken ranger
06-02-2014, 07:28 PM
I mean a team from zl1 to replace plattys

Fridge
07-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Just received this from the Zone boss man

Morning

So far the 2014 preseason has faced a “few speed bumps”, fixtures are still be finalised, be patient, divisions have been reorganised due to Clubs difficulty to participate in a particular division (criteria based); thanks to those clubs for the early update and all the best for the restructure within your club.

Now to the best kept secret in ZFL…….not.

First of all to the Committee at Plattsburg, appreciate the honesty of your decision and all the best for your particular restructure over the next few seasons.

Yes Plattsburg have now officially withdrawn from Premier Division and will be regarded to League Two.
On the subject of their replacement on behalf of the Joint Zone Panel I forward the following.
After due process and procedure to select another club to enter Premier League; contacting the top four clubs from 2013 League One season and offer them the opportunity, failing that there was an acceptance from that group we consider all other Clubs from the 2013 League One competition, irrespective of ladder position.

Congratulations to Kahibah FC for their selection into the 2014 Zone Football Premier League.

The fixtures for Premier and other Divisions affected by this move will be a focus to complete over the next few days, the adjustments will be distributed at the earliest. Adjustments to the other League lists will be forthcoming after further communications.

Nelson Bay Road
07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
just received above mentioned email as well...

please dont tell me their will be a bye in ZL1??

roundballsarebetter
07-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Looks like zl1 will have the bye no teams in zl2 that can go up since they have already promoted 4th from last years comp.

Bon
07-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Looks like zl1 will have the bye no teams in zl2 that can go up since they have already promoted 4th from last years comp.

What about Mo-town? I know they just came down from ZL1 and are in a rebuilding phase, but would/could they still look to go back up?

RANGER09
07-02-2014, 03:13 PM
just received above mentioned email as well...

please dont tell me their will be a bye in ZL1??

We're you guys offered the chance to go up to ZPL?
Suburbs would have been logical choice but understand we're their coming from.
But Kahibah? Struggled last year, have new coach and support staff, numbers must be good this year?

fresh
07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
kahibah will struggle hard unless they recruit big

Bon
07-02-2014, 03:27 PM
kahibah will struggle hard unless they recruit big

From what I've heard, they have had a decent recruitment of players following their influx of coaching staff..

Newy
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
a second string Maitland (new fm ) side is playing against Kahibah this Saturday... first game 10.30am second game 12 noon at cooks square

Potters
08-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Morisset United FC are seeking a quality goal keeper to add to our squad.. Players also welome to trian and trial with our club as we rebuild and look to establish ourselves in the zone leagues again.. Training is 630 Tuesday, Thursday & 1030 Sundays at Auston oval Morisset..

Bon
08-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Morisset United FC are seeking a quality goal keeper to add to our squad.. Players also welome to trian and trial with our club as we rebuild and look to establish ourselves in the zone leagues again.. Training is 630 Tuesday, Thursday & 1030 Sundays at Auston oval Morisset..

Welcome to the foz, Puddin'..

Potters
08-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Cheers Bon, looks like we could possibly be playing you lads this season too ;)

Bon
08-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Cheers Bon, looks like we could possibly be playing you lads this season too ;)

As I said to you yesterday, I'll be keeping my junk well guarded from your flappy chicken wings.. hahaha

fazman
08-02-2014, 11:50 AM
All players still welcome to attend training for westlakes wildcats FC, training will continue at 6:30 Tuesday, come out have a run if interested!

Potters
11-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Morisset promoted replacing kahibah

After training session tonight *pending committee approval :/

supa
11-02-2014, 04:08 PM

this is awesome, well done to morri for taking up the challenge! no bye in ZL1! :yay:

Nou Camp
11-02-2014, 04:55 PM
this is awesome, well done to morri for taking up the challenge! no bye in ZL1! :yay:

Agreed!! thank you Morisset

Flint_tropics
11-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Heard suburbs have recruited some nbn players ? can anyone confirm and if so who ?

Premy
11-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Heard suburbs have recruited some nbn players ? can anyone confirm and if so who ?
Ethan Robb and Stuart Pratt have been training with us although this has been mentioned earlier on the Foz. Unless you know something I don't then good scoop.

hawk
12-02-2014, 01:10 PM

After training session tonight *pending committee approval :/

good to hear but I hope they are competitive.

Nave
12-02-2014, 03:10 PM
good to hear but I hope they are competitive.

If we can field the three sides, i believe we will be more competitive than last season, we've had a number of players return to the club with the hope of restoring a winning culture to the club which has been absent since our clubs mass exodus a few season ago

Swanky
12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
I hope you can field 3 teams or what is the use of going up

Potters
12-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Confirmation of promotion for morisset of the coach just then.. We will be able to field 3 teams we already have around 35 registered with a few more still trailing.. As for being competitive we are not going to claim to be world beaters but we will be looking to hold our own or we would have just stayed in zpl2 guess we will find out come season time

Flint_tropics
13-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Ethan Robb and Stuart Pratt have been training with us although this has been mentioned earlier on the Foz. Unless you know something I don't then good scoop.

Someone told me that tye ansell was playing for use :S usually wherever he goes a couple of players seem to follow him. would of been good pick up with stuart pratt and ethan robb already there.

Guiltykeep
13-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Someone told me that tye ansell was playing for use :S usually wherever he goes a couple of players seem to follow him. would of been good pick up with stuart pratt and ethan robb already there.
Tye trained last week from what I've been told hopefully he stays and plays

fresh
13-02-2014, 10:54 PM
any teams in this league still need players got a mate looking

Potters
14-02-2014, 05:38 AM
Morisset is, ESP another quality keeper

true waterboy
14-02-2014, 11:55 AM
westlakes is still finalising squad if you mate is ok with wearing purple

LINGERA
14-02-2014, 04:50 PM
westlakes is still finalising squad if you mate is ok with wearing purple

and losing games through varies forms of bad luck and poor refereeing.

gny
14-02-2014, 05:47 PM
and losing games through varies forms of bad luck and poor refereeing.
Hahahahahahahahaha

Dolphin Messenger
14-02-2014, 10:13 PM
during the week there was uproar at Nelson Bay FC training with players and managers not being giving the opportunity to play in the ZPL due to the president denying the promotion without consultation to the senior board there was disappointment with the say no ask questions later response

RANGER09
14-02-2014, 10:57 PM
during the week there was uproar at Nelson Bay FC training with players and managers not being giving the opportunity to play in the ZPL due to the president denying the promotion without consultation to the senior board there was disappointment with the say no ask questions later response

Bugger! I would have thought you guys after merging with the juniors would jump at the chance, looked to have quite a few young guys coming thru 3rd grade last year. How's things looking so far this year number wise?

roundballsarebetter
14-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Im sure the bay would love to see this written on a public forum.

Dolphin Messenger
14-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Bugger! I would have thought you guys after merging with the juniors would jump at the chance, looked to have quite a few young guys coming thru 3rd grade last year. How's things looking so far this year number wise?

Numbers are strong Ranger, the club is in the process of signing joel wood for a short stint appearance

Happy
15-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Any trail matches this weekend?

The Magician
15-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Suns Vs Cooks Hill= 1-0 Suns, great play in perfect football conditions at a surprisingly good Athletics field.

supa
15-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Any trail matches this weekend?

Bero v. Cessnock (newfm) still on at Pasadena sunday 3pm... still on at this stage too

pv4
16-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Stags NEWFM vs Morisset yesterday

Reserves 8-0
Firsts 6-2

supa
16-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Bero v. Cessnock (newfm) still on at Pasadena sunday 3pm... still on at this stage too
2 all draw, pitch was super heavy

Sideline
16-02-2014, 06:25 PM
good result there for bero boys any 100% confirmations on signings ? i have listed a few hear says previously

supa
16-02-2014, 06:43 PM
brady randall, nathan sczmynec and mathew gabriel didnt play today either..

Nou Camp
17-02-2014, 09:21 AM
all games from suns vs cooks hill on sat
1sts 1-0 suns
res 3-1 cooks hill
3rds 2-2
not bad results for us with still a few people to come back into all 3 grades

oneeye
17-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Heard Jesmond had a trial on the weekend. Anyone know how they went?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
17-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Heard Jesmond had a trial on the weekend. Anyone know how they went?

Played New Lambton..
NL 3-2 in 3rds
NL 6 (or 7)-0 in Reggies
NL 4-1 in firsts

Pissing down rain and first trials for both teams I think.

supa
17-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Played New Lambton..
NL 3-2 in 3rds
NL 6 (or 7)-0 in Reggies
NL 4-1 in firsts

Pissing down rain and first trials for both teams I think.

good effort for their third grade being a new team, hopefully handle the step up to three grades well.

supa
17-02-2014, 12:39 PM
good result there for bero boys any 100% confirmations on signings ? i have listed a few hear says previously

sorry mate couldnt find the post? can confirm ADP has had enough at Sydney FC and will be in the purple and white stripes this year... :lol: (just to clarify for that is a JOKE..we don't sell his favourite wine from our beer tent, dealbreaker..)

Sideline
17-02-2014, 04:52 PM
its ok supa just found it in another thread my posting skills are poor so hope you can make sence of this paste

Sideline
my sources say yes bar the keeper at this stage
14-01-2014, 09:24 PMsupa
all of the above signings definites??
12-01-2014, 11:46 AMSideline
^^ can confirm hearing the above names have also heard luke lawles as a possibility and local brothers nath and shannon returning to the mix.
12-01-2014, 08:12 AMDrunken ranger
Who's humble I though Robbie true was going westy ???? Brady Randall is a handy player
11-01-2014, 08:54 PMForeverRed
Bero have signed Brady Randall, humble, robbie true & Danny burt to name a few
11-01-2014, 08:40 PMSideline
Have heard of beresfield picking up quite a few handy players
will have all names once i speak with my source again

supa
17-02-2014, 06:39 PM
brady - yes
burty - yes
humble - no
lawless - no
robbie - no
shannon sczmynec - no

Happy
23-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Is there a draw out yet?

Nou Camp
24-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Round Match Date Match Time Team 1 Team 2 Venue Name

1 6/04/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Lance York Oval
1 5/04/2014 5:30PM Nelson Bay FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1
1 6/04/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Beresfield USSC @ Dora Creek Oval
1 6/04/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Jesmond FC @ Nesbitt Park
1 5/04/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Warners Bay FC @ Rathmines Oval No 1

2 12/04/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Connolly Park
2 12/04/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Garden Suburb FC @ Jesmond Park
2 13/04/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Pasadena Oval
2 13/04/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Dora Creek Oval
2 13/04/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Nelson Bay FC @ John Street Oval 1

19/04/2014 SPARE WEEKEND
20/04/2014 SPARE WEEKEND

3 27/04/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Beresfield USSC @ Lance York Oval
3 26/04/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Jesmond FC @ Connolly Park
3 27/04/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Warners Bay FC @ Dora Creek Oval
3 27/04/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Nesbitt Park
3 26/04/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Nelson Bay FC @ Rathmines Oval No 1

4 3/05/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Jesmond Park
4 4/05/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Pasadena Oval
4 4/05/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Garden Suburb FC @ Baxter Field
4 4/05/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ John Street Oval 1
4 3/05/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Morisset UFC @ Tomaree Complex No 1

5 11/05/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Warners Bay FC @ Lance York Oval
5 10/05/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Connolly Park
5 10/05/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Beresfield USSC @ Jesmond Park
5 11/05/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Nelson Bay FC @ Nesbitt Park
5 10/05/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Morisset UFC @ Rathmines Oval No 1

6 18/05/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Pasadena Oval
6 18/05/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Jesmond FC @ Baxter Field
6 18/05/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ John Street Oval 1
6 17/05/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Garden Suburb FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1
6 18/05/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Dora Creek Oval

7 25/05/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Morisset UFC @ Lance York Oval
7 24/05/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Nelson Bay FC @ Connolly Park
7 24/05/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Warners Bay FC @ Jesmond Park
7 25/05/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Beresfield USSC @ Baxter Oval
7 24/05/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Rathmines Oval No 1

8 31/05/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Rathmines Oval No 1
8 1/06/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Beresfield USSC @ John Street Oval 1
8 31/05/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Jesmond FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1
8 1/06/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Dora Creek Oval
8 1/06/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Garden Suburb FC @ Nesbitt Park

9 8/06/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Lance York Oval
9 7/06/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Connolly Park
9 7/06/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Morisset UFC @ Jesmond Park
9 8/06/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Nelson Bay FC @ Pasadena Oval
9 8/06/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Warners Bay FC @ Baxter Field

10 14/06/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Garden Suburb FC @ Connolly Park
10 15/06/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Nelson Bay FC @ Baxter Field
10 15/06/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Morisset UFC @ Pasadena Oval
10 14/06/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Jesmond Park
10 15/06/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ John Street Oval 1

11 21/06/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Rathmines Oval No 1
11 22/06/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Jesmond FC @ Lance York Oval
11 22/06/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Beresfield USSC @ Nesbitt Park
11 22/06/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Morisset UFC @ Baxter Oval
11 22/06/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Warners Bay FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1

12 29/06/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Garden Suburb FC @ Pasadena Oval
12 28/06/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Jesmond Park
12 29/06/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Morisset UFC @ John Street Oval 1
12 29/06/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Baxter Field
12 28/06/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1

13 5/07/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Jesmond FC @ Rathmines Oval No 1
13 5/07/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Beresfield USSC @ Connolly Park
13 6/07/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Lance York Oval
13 6/07/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Warners Bay FC @ Nesbitt Park
13 6/07/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Nelson Bay FC @ Dora Creek Oval

14 13/07/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Garden Suburb FC @ John Street Oval 1
14 13/07/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Baxter Field
14 13/07/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Jesmond FC @ Pasadena Oval
14 12/07/2014 5:30PM Nelson Bay FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1
14 13/07/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Dora Creek Oval

15 19/07/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Beresfield USSC @ Rathmines Oval No 1
15 19/07/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Jesmond Park
15 19/07/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Warners Bay FC @ Connolly Park
15 20/07/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Nelson Bay FC @ Lance York Oval
15 20/07/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Morisset UFC @ Nesbitt Park

16 27/07/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Garden Suburb FC @ Dora Creek Oval
16 27/07/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Tomaree Complex No 1
16 27/07/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Jesmond FC @ John Street Oval 1
16 27/07/2014 3:00PM Beresfield FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ Pasadena Oval
16 27/07/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Nesbitt Park

2/08/2014 SPARE WEEKEND
3/08/2014 SPARE WEEKEND

17 10/08/2014 3:00PM Belmont Tingira FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC @ Baxter Field
17 10/08/2014 3:00PM Beresfield USSC v Warners Bay FC @ Pasadena Oval
17 9/08/2014 3:00PM Jesmond FC v Nelson Bay FC @ Jesmond Park
17 9/08/2014 3:00PM Newcastle Suns FC v Morisset UFC @ Connolly Park
17 10/08/2014 3:00PM Garden Suburb FC v Kotara South Senior FC @ Lance York Oval

18 16/08/2014 3:00PM Westlakes Wildcats FC v Garden Suburb FC @ Rathmines Oval No. 1
18 17/08/2014 3:00PM Kotara South Senior FC v Newcastle Suns FC @ Nesbitt Park
18 17/08/2014 3:00PM Morisset UFC v Jesmond FC @ Dora Creek Oval
18 16/08/2014 3:00PM Nelson Bay FC v Beresfield USSC @ Tomaree Complex No 1
18 17/08/2014 3:00PM Warners Bay FC v Belmont Tingira FC @ John Street Oval 1

SEMI WEEK 1
23/08/2014 4 v 1 TBA
24/08/2014 3 v 2 TBA

SEMI WEEK 2
30/08/2014 2 v 3 TBA
31/08/2014 1 v 4 TBA

GRAND FINAL
7/09/2014 TBA TBA TBA

Nave
24-02-2014, 05:17 PM
First 3 games at home for Morry, well done drawmaster

Premy
24-02-2014, 06:42 PM
First 3 games at home for Morry, well done drawmaster
Bit of a shame we have to wait till Rd7 to get this so called ass handing to us from you guys.:sparring:

Nave
24-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Bit of a shame we have to wait till Rd7 to get this so called ass handing to us from you guys.:sparring:

Haha, whose talking up an ass handing?

Premy
24-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Haha, whose talking up an ass handing?
Not sure of names, some provocative text being flying around apparently which is all fair in love and war. Haha
Actually looking forward to meeting a few of your lads sound like top blokes.
that FB post last week about Rabs was genius, I had a good laugh.

Potters
25-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Id highly doubt any of our boys have been talking up a ass handing maybe a ass handling sounds more likely... We know we're in a rebuilding phase and hope to be competitive against all teams but won't be claiming to be world beaters.. Defiantly been some light hearted ribbing aimed at the ex mo town boys, glad you enjoyed it mate be grateful you have that step over in your midst ;)

newyjet
25-02-2014, 10:13 PM
predictions anyone
ill start

1. Suns
2. N Bay
3. Kotara
4. Bero
5. W Bay
6. Jesso
7. Gardo
8. Wlakes
9. Motown
10. Belmont

could be wrong well find out at the end of the year :)

fresh
25-02-2014, 10:18 PM
why gardern suburbs so far down whats happened to them?

predictions anyone
ill start

1. Suns
2. N Bay
3. Kotara
4. Bero
5. W Bay
6. Jesso
7. Gardo
8. Wlakes
9. Motown
10. Belmont

supa
25-02-2014, 11:33 PM
I've read previously on the player movement thread or maybe in this one a few went to wallsend? confirmation???

fresh
25-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I've read previously on the player movement thread or maybe in this one a few went to wallsend? confirmation???

wallsend were already a good squad last year.. scored over 100 goals or something i heard in first grade.

then i hear they got the 2 main strikers from terrace sounded like there own were doing fine!

and a few of gardern suburbs good players?

theres not enough room in a squad lol all the rumours cant be true.

Premy
26-02-2014, 12:11 AM
3 players from Suburb went to Wallsend 1 that Started most games in 1st the other 2 were Res/Fringe 1st grade(with all due respect to said blokes). Like most Clubs we've had a few leave but we've replaced them pretty well, I'm actually quite excited for the season to start with a few new quality young blokes there is a real fresh feel about the Club.

supa
26-02-2014, 01:06 AM
wallsend were already a good squad last year.. scored over 100 goals or something i heard in first grade.

then i hear they got the 2 main strikers from terrace sounded like there own were doing fine!

and a few of gardern suburbs good players?

theres not enough room in a squad lol all the rumours cant be true.

wallsend are looking pretty ambitious..plenty of room in the squad if the players are happy to work hard for spots in first grade..

3 players from Suburb went to Wallsend 1 that Started most games in 1st the other 2 were Res/Fringe 1st grade(with all due respect to said blokes). Like most Clubs we've had a few leave but we've replaced them pretty well, I'm actually quite excited for the season to start with a few new quality young blokes there is a real fresh feel about the Club.

cheers mate i thought that was the case, should be looking to do well across the grades again.

Nou Camp
26-02-2014, 11:35 AM
anyone else having troubles getting trial games due to unavailability of grounds coz of cricket season???

we were hoping to play new lambton next weekend but nothing is available

newyjet
26-02-2014, 09:31 PM

i don't no just going for a stir honestly lol i don't no nothing bout this league

Dolphin Messenger
06-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Nelson Bay having a run against the Terrace tonight @ 630pm over @ Raymond Terrace first hit out for the year

namwob99
06-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Nelson Bay having a run against the Terrace tonight @ 630pm over @ Raymond Terrace first hit out for the year
Score?

Dolphin Messenger
06-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Score?

1-0 Raymond Terrace
Terrace team look good all over the park they will be title contenders for ZL2 this year. Missing in action for Nelson Bay was our new signing Herman Von Doozle Donk. Adam Strath suffered a knee injury early in the game.
The game was an even contest in the first half with a few close range shots missing the target. In the second half Terrace got hold of possession and dominated with the shot count 10-1 to the Terrace and managed to get through with 15 to go.
It was a good run for our young players out there getting some experience. Both teams after the game helped towards the after season trip fund

Drunken ranger
06-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Honestly good to see the bay boys and was a tight & scrappy game from what I can remember from the sideline I think I need to drink less tinnies and do some more training lol good luck to the bag boys for the year

RANGER09
06-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Honestly good to see the bay boys and was a tight & scrappy game from what I can remember from the sideline I think I need to drink less tinnies and do some more training lol good luck to the bag boys for the year

You need to edit you post drunken bum, not bag boys lol
Thanks to the Bay boys for the run tonight we def needed it, was good effort by both sides and good on you boys for staying back afterwards for a few refreshments!

RANGER09
06-03-2014, 10:20 PM
1-0 Raymond Terrace
Terrace team look good all over the park they will be title contenders for ZL2 this year. Missing in action for Nelson Bay was our new signing Herman Von Doozle Donk. Adam Strath suffered a knee injury early in the game.
The game was an even contest in the first half with a few close range shots missing the target. In the second half Terrace got hold of possession and dominated with the shot count 10-1 to the Terrace and managed to get through with 15 to go.
It was a good run for our young players out there getting some experience. Both teams after the game helped towards the after season trip fund

I love that name :) is that a gee up?

Dolphin Messenger
06-03-2014, 10:24 PM
I love that name :) is that a gee up?

no, we just found out in the warm up

Gary
07-03-2014, 10:14 AM
1. Suns
2. Suburbs
3. The Bay
4. Bero
5. Kotara Sth
6. Jesmond
7. Warners bay
8. West Lakes
9. Belmont
10. Motown

Without a doubt the tightest title race in years in ZL1 between the top 4 teams. Suns & suburbs are my picks to be the teams to beat. Kotara are my darkhorse for this year ,if they find the consistency they've struggled to acquire in previous seasons,and make the semis I think they could be very hard to beat

RANGER09
07-03-2014, 11:58 AM
no, we just found out in the warm up

is he friends with Hiratio_Hufanagl :grin:

Dolphin Messenger
07-03-2014, 07:14 PM
is he friends with Hiratio_Hufanagl :grin:
No. He moved over here because his parents are working in Nelson Bay.
Von Dozzle played in the Ajax youth team last year and we all are eagerly waiting his debut for the club

Stephen McTowelie
07-03-2014, 07:29 PM
No. He moved over here because his parents are working in Nelson Bay Von Dozzle played in the Ajax youth team last year and we all are eagerly waiting his debut for the club
He is a Dutch import, but he never played for Ajax youth team. But yes, the name is real. Herman Von Doosledonk. He went missing during shooting practice last week, we found him in the car park eating flowers

Guiltykeep
09-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Suburbs vs Cardiff City
3rds 3-0 Cardiff
Res 3-2 Cardiff
1st 5-0 suburbs

Happy
09-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Suburbs vs Cardiff City
3rds 3-0 Cardiff
Res 3-2 Cardiff
1st 5-0 suburbsgood result!

supa
09-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Bero v Singleton
3rds 7-1 bero
res 2-1 bero
1st 3-2 bero

namwob99
09-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Bero v Singleton
3rds 7-1 bero
res 2-1 bero
1st 3-2 bero

Another quality result for Newfm!!

wannabe
09-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Another quality result for Newfm!!

Olympic v singo could get scary on tues night score wise

Nou Camp
10-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Suns v New Lambton Eagles Yesterday
Thirds 3-0 Eagles
Ressies 6-1 Eagles
Firsts - 4-2 Eagles

poor day for us really but we had about 20 players out for various reasons and a lot of trialists that wont make the 50 man cut off

Spectator
10-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Suns v New Lambton Eagles Yesterday
Thirds 3-0 Eagles
Ressies 6-1 Eagles
Firsts - 4-2 Eagles

poor day for us really but we had about 20 players out for various reasons and a lot of trialists that wont make the 50 man cut off

Thirds was just scrappy by both sides.
Eagle reserve grade were just to sharp they are quality side.
First - Was scrappy by both sides to start with but the eagles stepped it up in the second half with some quality finishing.

Nave
10-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Motown v Swansea Yesterday
Thirds 1-2 Swansea
Reserves 3-1 Motwon
Firsts 2-3 Swansea

I believe they are the correct scores

Happy
10-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Kotara v Dudley
3rds 2-2
Res 3-1
1st 0-2

United
11-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Bearer of bad news fellas. Belmont have withdrawn from your Comp.

predictions anyone
ill start

1. Suns
2. N Bay
3. Kotara
4. Bero
5. W Bay
6. Jesso
7. Gardo
8. Wlakes
9. Motown
10. Belmont

Swanky
11-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Bearer of bad news fellas. Belmont have withdrawn from your Comp.

Wow a lot of teams have pulled out this season or asked to drop grades

United
11-03-2014, 03:50 PM
If any club is looking for a trial on the 30th March? We Dudley Zone Premier were due to play Belmont in this division. But I was just notified they have dropped out of ID1's and will not be able to play us. Will be at our ground Lydon. If you are interested you can ring me on 0417431002. We had refs organised for this game. Cheers

United
11-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Gone to all age

boz-monaut
11-03-2014, 04:21 PM
this just in:

Afternoon,

It is regrettable to inform you that due to player registrations and commitments both Dungog FC (League 3) and Belmont Tingira (League 1) cannot meet their obligations to compete in their respective competitions. Both Clubs have put in extra effort to increase their player base and be viable this season, but to no avail.

The attached update has the BYE noted in the fixtures for both Clubs.

League One Clubs please check the day changes for Newcastle Suns – most match days are now Sunday.

Premier Division – Round One & Round 10 - Kahibah v Cooks Hill have been swapped due the Lake Macquarie Council maintenance of Kahibah Oval.

Cooks Hill please note there is no clash with League 3 @ Newcastle Athletics Field on 5th April due to the withdrawal of Dungog FC (now a BYE).

All changes are on the web.

Regards,

Russell Henry

Chief Executive Officer

Drunken ranger
11-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Go the mighty titans

Dolphin Messenger
11-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Damn No Round 1 530pm game and No Von Doosledonk's Debut a big crowd expected for the hype going around town. Bring Back The Terrace!!!

Warners Bay get the rough stick of the draw always playing the fresh team each week

hawk
11-03-2014, 08:39 PM
It is regrettable to inform you that due to player registrations and commitments both Dungog FC (League 3) and Belmont Tingira (League 1) cannot meet their obligations to compete in their respective competitions. Both Clubs have put in extra effort to increase their player base and be viable this season, but to no avail.

disappointing but what can ya do at short notice

RANGER09
11-03-2014, 09:26 PM
So Belmont didn't even have numbers or offer to go ZL3?

fresh
12-03-2014, 01:00 AM
as far as i know they did . lol at zl3 some teams with 15 games some with 16. hows that guna work?

Happy
14-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Can't help but wonder if Garden Suburb and Nelson Bay regret not moving to ZPL.
Kahibah may also regret moving up after losing to Olympic ZL2

Premy
14-03-2014, 10:20 AM
No regret from Suburb. As has been said before there's a general consensus in that we want to earn promotion not have it handed to us.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
14-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Re: promotion. We at Jesmond were faced with a similar question when were faced with the option to be promoted when Muswellbrook didn't take it..... I actually respect the Garden Suburb stance however we considered a few points which ultimately made the decision a no brainer for our club.

1. There more often that not seems to be one club who puts it together for one season (for any number of reasons) and ultimately wins premierships at the expense of someone who is continually there or thereabouts. There are plenty of examples, some very recent.

2. We felt not accepting promotion showed somewhat of a lack of ambition. Although we are a very tight club with loyal players, we felt this could cause unrest. (This is further validated by an influx of quality players whom would not have come if it were not for promotion)

3. Our players are mostly young and keen to improve with a few old heads with their careers screaming for an 11 30 kick off (myself included)

4. If we're not ready for ZL1 and the worse was to happen and we got relegated, we're in exactly the same spot anyway (we realise the negative side of this). Garden Suburb from the little I've seen and the lot that I've heard certainly have the quality.

Lastly - If you are the best option for promotion and decline, doesn't it mean you belong in the higher division and hence winning the one you're in actually becomes less of an achievement?

Anyway, not either trying to justify our stance or disrespect Garden Suburbs - just keen to put thoughts for any discussion that's all (if anyone cares haha)

Premy
14-03-2014, 12:48 PM
All very valid points and by no way at Suburb do we begrudge Clubs that take the option given to them.

Spook
14-03-2014, 02:52 PM
It sounds to me that the people asking why garden suburb didn't accept promotion are scared to play them. Just accept there still in this comp cause can't change nothing now!

Happy
14-03-2014, 03:10 PM
The only reason I asked was because of Bel-Ting pulling the pin. If we were scared of playing suburb we would've lost to them in round 18 2012.

newie4eva
14-03-2014, 03:11 PM
No regret from Suburb. As has been said before there's a general consensus in that we want to earn promotion not have it handed to us.

Love this attitude, also the party these boys will have when they finally win promotion will make it worth it alone :grin: nothing better than winning something with a group of good mates

Drunken ranger
14-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Bon's already got the kegs booked for there party

Dolphin Messenger
14-03-2014, 04:23 PM

The move was not in control of the senior board of the club. The decision was made by the president of the club

rijid
16-03-2014, 10:25 AM
The only reason I asked was because of Bel-Ting pulling the pin. If we were scared of playing suburb we would've lost to them in round 18 2012.

Gentlemen, I agree with all that Jesmond said. The aim (or it should be the aim) of all clubs is to play at the highest level possible. Winning trophies is just a side issue.

Belmont Tingira took that option at the end of 2012 (we only lost the MP on goal difference) and it almost paid off. The issue we had was that we lost almost all of our two lower grades. First grade would have been stronger than 2013.

Very sad to not be competing with you guys this year and good luck to all.

See you all when we recover.

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
16-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Charlestown (ZL2) are looking for a trial game on the 29th March, 1st grade and reserve grade. PM me to discuss. cheers.

RANGER09
19-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Raymond Terrace ZL2 1st & Res grade looking for a trial game Thursday night 27th March , your ground or ours, PM me if interested.

Game now booked, thanks!

Happy
23-03-2014, 09:03 AM
1. Gardo
2. Kotara
3. N bay
4. Suns
5. Bero
6. Jesso
7. W Bay
8. Wlakes
9. Motown
10. Bye

Premy
23-03-2014, 10:25 AM
1. Gardo
2. Kotara
3. N bay
4. Suns
5. Bero
6. Jesso
7. W Bay
8. Wlakes
9. Motown
10. Bye

Put a pineapple on Bye to do the Minor Major double.

Premy
23-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Trial @ Mayfield Park today.
Peter Bradshaw Cup
Mayfield V Garden Suburb
3rds- 11:30am
Res- 1:15pm
1st- 3:00pm

Nave
23-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Darren Perry Memorial Shield
Morisset v Westlakes
Thirds 4-2 (Motown)
Reserves 4-2 (Motown)
Firsts 6-0 (Motown)

Drunken ranger
24-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Wow some good results for Motown or west lakes just got done by bad refereeing ????

Potters
24-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I don't think the score line does west lakes justice at all they had quiet a few chances in firsts which just wouldn't go in for them, and the lower grades were tight till the end with finishing again falling in motowns favour.. Good hit out in hot conditions

pv4
24-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Wow some good results for Motown or west lakes just got done by bad refereeing ????

:rof: robbed, mate. Surely

Nave
24-03-2014, 12:30 PM

I refereed thirds, hope there was no issues, i thought i did a decent job haha

true waterboy
24-03-2014, 08:06 PM

Motown will be competitive this year. score lines blew out a little in all grades and in firsts we couldn't even score an open goal, but morriset were impressive and i thought they were just as impressive in state cup.

was a good day tho, i played in all three games which was good cause i knew a few of their boys in each grade.

Drunken ranger
24-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Now now waterboy are you clutching at straws and praising a"better team" like OMG are westlakes becoming civil and learning how to accept defeat

Dolphin Messenger
24-03-2014, 10:36 PM
Trial @ Mayfield Park today.
Peter Bradshaw Cup
Mayfield V Garden Suburb
3rds- 11:30am
Res- 1:15pm
1st- 3:00pm

Did the Mayfield 1sts team back up from the state cup on the same day to play ur 1sts?

Happy
25-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Put a pineapple on Bye to do the Minor Major double.

I hear there might be a salary cap issue

johnc
25-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Did the Mayfield 1sts team back up from the state cup on the same day to play ur 1sts?

No, it was reserves. (3rd played res, AA played 3rds)

Dolphin Messenger
27-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Tonight
Nelson Bay vs Medowie

Shayne
27-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Tonight
Nelson Bay vs Medowie

Results?

How'd the field hold up?

Thomas477
27-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Results?

How'd the field hold up?

If it was at tomaree, it'll still be bone dry. Gotta love having the field on a sandy base.

Dolphin Messenger
27-03-2014, 11:18 PM
1sts 4-4
Res ?
Medowie went in to HT 3-0 up they dominated our team the first half and were still in fine form from the weekend. we got it back to 4-3 due to the fact half the first team backed up and we played all our 3 grades over 2 games and they slotted a nice finish with 5mins to go. the game was played on a slippery field.

a-gunners
28-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Dudley vs jesmond at dudley last night. Dudley 2.1 pretty tight 0 all at ht dudley scored 1 early in 2nd half then scored another bout the 65th minute after a defensive error then jeso pulled one back

gk1985
28-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Last chance CONTACT ME ASAP if you are looking for a game!

Newcastle University FC

We are currently looking for a GOAL KEEPER to join our ZPL squad after a couple players have pulled the pin last minute. If you are a goal keeper or know of someone who would be interested in having a run this season either contact myself or come along to training. Be quick about it, its getting close to our cut off date.

Contact
Email: joshua.piotrowski@uon.edu.au
Ph: 0422284293

Training details
Tuesday: 7pm, oval no.3 behind the forum at the uni
Thursday: 7pm, oval no.2 next to the forum at the uni

any other details can be found on our website.
http://www.newcastleunifc.com

Happy
29-03-2014, 12:02 PM
trial game at Lugar Park Kotara
Kotara 3 vs Kotara 2

supa
30-03-2014, 06:21 PM
7 days is too long for this season to start.... bring on the FOOTBALL!!!

The General
30-03-2014, 10:30 PM
trial game at Lugar Park Kotara
Kotara 3 vs Kotara 2

Good result for Kotara

Nou Camp
01-04-2014, 04:18 PM
this thread seems to be a lot quieter than last year
is everyone keeping their cards close to their chests?

The Magician
01-04-2014, 05:47 PM
this thread seems to be a lot quieter than last year
is everyone keeping their cards close to their chests?

Nah everyone is taking it easy on the net, watching their data usage, as REGO's have gone up this year.

Beppe
02-04-2014, 09:22 AM
Any good signings people want to boast about. I have read on here that Garden Suburbs have signed some former South Cardiff players.
Any one else?

Happy
02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Any good signings people want to boast about. I have read on here that Garden Suburbs have signed some former South Cardiff players.
Any one else?
I think all clubs have lost some gained some. Round 1 should be very interesting, some massive games so early.

Happy
02-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Any round 1 predictions?

namwob99
02-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Kotara and Beresfield to win. The other 2 are a toss of the coin. Bay to beat the bye.

Guiltykeep
02-04-2014, 12:41 PM
From a picture I saw of the bero state cup team they have a few young guys who played 23s nbn last year

pv4
02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Burbs to win every game of the year but the GF which Westlakes will win on pens.

Yeeehaaa

supa
02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
kotara v jesmond - tigers will be too strong for the new boys especially at home, jesso has a guy at the front thats nearly as quick as namwob so should be interesting if he gets some breaks
westlakes v warners bay - bay should roll them, they played well in patches in state cup against bero..don't know enough about WL yet
nelson bay to smash the bye 3-0
morriset v beresfield - should account for mori if we travel well, they've had some great trial results but, so should be close
garden suburbs v suns - match of the round! will be an awesome game, burbs are quality and suns always put on a show..burbs by one

pv4
02-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Seriously I think Mori & Burbs will be the teams to beat this year.

supa
02-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Seriously I think Mori & Burbs will be the teams to beat this year.
big changes seem to have been made out there by the sounds of it!

namwob99
02-04-2014, 01:12 PM
jesso has a guy at the front thats nearly as quick as namwob so should be interesting if he gets some breaks

Must be quick.

Ps I don't think you'd beat me by much.

supa
02-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Must be quick.

Ps I don't think you'd beat me by much.
i don't think i'd beat you at all... maybe to the bar

Nelson Bay Road
02-04-2014, 02:07 PM
i think the bye will give the Bay a run for their money...

morisset were a lot better than last year in state cup fixture we played them... will not surprise me if they turn some heads this season...

Nou Camp
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
im thinking the bye will claim the most scalps with some very sore heads on sunday mornings :pissup:

Dolphin Messenger
02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Kotara have John Bennis he was a standout in our state cup match against the tigers

C'mon man
02-04-2014, 08:13 PM
and his brother jimmy both quality

namwob99
02-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Kotara have John Bennis he was a standout in our state cup match against the tigers
Yeah sat there in rd 1 thinking I know that bloke from somewhere. Dawned on me about ht. Still quality.

Happy
03-04-2014, 06:49 AM

It's a good thing when players go back to their original club and bring their experience with them.

supa
04-04-2014, 09:10 AM
anyone from morri on here often? big questions.. does dora creek have a bar? and after match watering hole? hydration is the key to success!

Bon
04-04-2014, 09:40 AM
anyone from morri on here often? big questions.. does dora creek have a bar? and after match watering hole? hydration is the key to success!

Dozza Workies does indeed have a large bar, with plenty of pokies, viewing access to the field, and a Chinese restaurant... (Just stay away from Pelican Pete, that smarmy rapist will take your money all day)
One of the best places in the comp to watch a game..

Potters
04-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Yeah Bon pretty much hit it on the head.. Plenty of beer available which comes in handy for us after games haha Bon dont start me on Pelican Pete you were always convinced he would pay out... Never did the greedy prick

Nave
04-04-2014, 12:11 PM

Did you not play against us at Dora last season?

namwob99
04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't think he makes many games. Too busy making millions on the weekend.

supa
05-04-2014, 05:24 AM
Dozza Workies does indeed have a large bar, with plenty of pokies, viewing access to the field, and a Chinese restaurant... (Just stay away from Pelican Pete, that smarmy rapist will take your money all day)
One of the best places in the comp to watch a game..
awesome review! cheers :pissup:

I was working that weekend.. few of the new boys asked and I couldn't remember..

supa
05-04-2014, 05:25 AM
I don't think he makes many games. Too busy making millions on the weekend.

make time to sink some coronas next weekend?

NWM
05-04-2014, 11:46 AM
What's the odds of games going ahead?

Happy
05-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Kotara vs Jesmond
3rd 3-2
2nd 3-1
1st 1- 2

fazman
05-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Westlakes vs warners bay
3rd grade 3-2 warners bay
Res grade 2-0 warners bay
1st grade 4-4 draw

Thank you to all who came out to rathmines for a good day of football

hawk
05-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Westlakes vs warners bay
3rd grade 3-2 warners bay
Res grade 2-0 warners bay
1st grade 4-4 draw

Thank you to all who came out to rathmines for a good day of football

8 goal thriller. 4-0 at any stage?

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
06-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Good opening day for Jesmond in zl1. I didn't see much of the lower grades but the general consensus was that we we were very competitive in 2 of the 3 grades and the scorelines validate this. Reserves went ok too considering the 10 players we had out probably impacted them most.
1st grade was certainly a step up from what we've experienced in zl2. We will need to be on our game every week especially against what has been suggested on here as the big guns in Suburbs and Suns.
A good win but we're certainly not getting carried away. Excited to be in this comp though!

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
06-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Quick question.... How many players do clubs have registered?

fazman
06-04-2014, 09:08 AM
8 goal thriller. 4-0 at any stage?

Went goal for goal most the time
Cats scored mid way through first half and warners bay got one back 5 mins later, cats then got a second and within a minute it was 2-2, warners bay then got a screamer for their third, half time was 3-2, second half cats got one back and in the last 10 minutes the bay got a pen, in the last minute the cats also got a pen to level it up. Ref did a great job no one could really complain with the calls they made, was a good game!

onlooker
06-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Mid way thru 2nd half Morri 1 V Bero 3
Alot of controversy over the morri goal as the ref blew the whistle for a free kick striker still took a shot after the whistle was blown the ball dribbled to the keeper who wasn't too interested in stopping the because of the free kick ball rolls into the net and ref pays the goal. Also ref missed a blatant hand ball by Bero in the box in first half.

hawk
06-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Surbs v Suns
1st 1-2 Suns
Res 4-3 Subs
3rds 5-1 Subs - cheers keep

Fairly heavy pitch, both teams scrapped well, chances hard to come by.

half time 0-1. both converted a pen in the 2nd half

Guiltykeep
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Surbs v Suns
1st 1-2
Res Subs up?
3rds 1-1

Fairly heavy pitch, both teams scrapped well, chances hard to come by.

half time 0-1. both converted a pen in the 2nd half

3rds 5-1 burbs
Think ressies was 4-3 to burbs

Happy
06-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Mid way thru 2nd half Morri 1 V Bero 3
Alot of controversy over the morri goal as the ref blew the whistle for a free kick striker still took a shot after the whistle was blown the ball dribbled to the keeper who wasn't too interested in stopping the because of the free kick ball rolls into the net and ref pays the goal. Also ref missed a blatant hand ball by Bero in the box in first half.
How did it finish? What about lower grades?

onlooker
06-04-2014, 06:37 PM
How did it finish? What about lower grades?

finished Bero 3-1 winners

Res 2-2
3rds 3-2 Bero only going off score board if it was correct only saw first grade

Nou Camp
09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Suns vs Westlakes scheduled for this Sunday has been moved to Saturday

onlooker
10-04-2014, 02:31 PM
My tips for round 2
SUN'S V Westlakes
Jesmond V SUBURBS
Bero V Kotara Draw
Warners Bay V Nelson Bay Draw

Premy
11-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Anyone know why Jesmond are not on the table in 1st grade on Sporting Pulse?

Happy
11-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Anyone know why Jesmond are not on the table in 1st grade on Sporting Pulse?

And bye is!

C'mon man
11-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Bero v Kotara tomorrow @ Bero....... OLD BOYS DAY....... NO REFS......... WTF ASSOCIATION!!!

Happy
11-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Can't be any worse than the refs we had there last year.

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Bero v Kotara tomorrow @ Bero....... OLD BOYS DAY....... NO REFS......... WTF ASSOCIATION!!!

It's not just NNSWF, Newcastle referees have the same problem ATM, there's still a lot of games with no refs.

It's hardly the associations fault if there aren't enough referees. Maybe Bero could volunteer a few people to join the association to help with numbers?

C'mon man
11-04-2014, 06:45 PM
I understand there is a shortage with referees no doubt...... but we as players pay decent money to play every year and I know we aren't in the higher tier of competition but that is no excuse.
Competitions with three grades playing need to have 3 refs there!! its a hard job and I know they cop some flak but it is better to have 3 refs at a senior fixture rather than the juniors having a middle man and 2 linesman when some of those refs could be at ID games or higher. There needs to be some common sense!!
I don't know the political bullshit between juniors and senior football but to have no refs at a competitive fixture at a senior level is a disgrace.....been happening for too long

outsider
11-04-2014, 08:06 PM

Referee has been appointed for first grade

outsider
11-04-2014, 08:14 PM
I understand there is a shortage with referees no doubt...... but we as players pay decent money to play every year and I know we aren't in the higher tier of competition but that is no excuse.
Competitions with three grades playing need to have 3 refs there!! its a hard job and I know they cop some flak but it is better to have 3 refs at a senior fixture rather than the juniors having a middle man and 2 linesman when some of those refs could be at ID games or higher. There needs to be some common sense!!
I don't know the political bullshit between juniors and senior football but to have no refs at a competitive fixture at a senior level is a disgrace.....been happening for too long

It is not a matter of political bullshit.Referees usually start at the junior association level and move to senior level by choice.Many are happy at the junior level as they do not have to put up with all the abuse and other bullshit thrown at them by players and spectators.You only have to look at some of the comments on this forum as an example.The referees who choose to referee senior football are appointed as decided by the co ordinator.Referees policy is to appoint a minimum of two referees to a ground so I am surprised to see only one referee appointed to Bero on Saturday.We have had about 14 new referees join this year from a course run for club players-maybe Bero didn't have anyone available or interested.Maybe Danny could fill in.

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 10:12 PM
It is not a matter of political bullshit.Referees usually start at the junior association level and move to senior level by choice.Many are happy at the junior level as they do not have to put up with all the abuse and other bullshit thrown at them by players and spectators.You only have to look at some of the comments on this forum as an example.The referees who choose to referee senior football are appointed as decided by the co ordinator.Referees policy is to appoint a minimum of two referees to a ground so I am surprised to see only one referee appointed to Bero on Saturday.We have had about 14 new referees join this year from a course run for club players-maybe Bero didn't have anyone available or interested.Maybe Danny could fill in.

This. Also you have to realise that the majority of the referees who ref junior games play themselves. For example, I am a ref with Newcastle Football Referees and I play all age. I know of at least 10 others who play as well as ref. Even some state league refs play as well as ref. You may get some junior refs for the lower tiers, such as ZL3 due to a lack of numbers, but that isn't our responsibility. Why should games that are required to be refereed by Newcastle Refs not have a ref because they're reffing a comp outside their jurisdiction?

Plus, would you really want 15 year olds running the lines? That's just asking for trouble.

Just need to realise that just because you play in a higher comp, doesn't always mean you get 3 refs to each game. You should, if numbers permit, but there's a lot more going on in the background than you realise. As I said though, if Bero are so concerned with referee numbers, they could always send a few more of their blokes to do the courses........

It is good though that this is a peaceful discussion, not hurling abuse in the typical local foz norm :lulz:

namwob99
11-04-2014, 10:26 PM
I really think that all the frustration is stemming from the fact that the zone leagues are in no-mans land. Junior refs ref junior games, senior refs to senior games and zone league are left with anyone that's spare for 11:30, 1:15 and 3. Which doesn't seem to be too many.

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I really think that all the frustration is stemming from the fact that the zone leagues are in no-mans land. Junior refs ref junior games, senior refs to senior games and zone league are left with anyone that's spare for 11:30, 1:15 and 3. Which doesn't seem to be too many.

Actually they aren't, the Zone Leagues are covered by State League, not the varying district referees. Really, this is a problem caused by the lack of numbers in the State league refs, whether as a direct result of a lack of movement up from the district associations, or from a lack of referees overall.

Leftback at Home
11-04-2014, 11:08 PM
I'd Ref if I could just do the one game as for me it is too much of a commitment to be there from 1100-1700 plus I was otherwise engaged on the day of the one day course & I certainly have no desire to ref juniors as I would be bored to tears

outsider
11-04-2014, 11:30 PM
I'd Ref if I could just do the one game as for me it is too much of a commitment to be there from 1100-1700 plus I was otherwise engaged on the day of the one day course & I certainly have no desire to ref juniors as I would be bored to tears

Unfortunately not many senior grounds have only one game.Junior football goes up to all age so you would probably not get bored with that.You can do an initial referee course on line which is a good place to start and take it from there.If you are involved with a club you can run lines when necessary and maybe even one of the games if the ground is short of referees.Refereeing does require commitment from our members-if they weren't available for the 3 games then imagine how many games would go without referees-and many referee two days every weekend.Players could always make themselves available on the day they don't play which would help boost numbers.

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 11:43 PM

As outsider said, juniors would be ideal for you. You can set your availability, and they have games on Fri-Sun, which allows for a lot of flexibility. I have 1 game tomorrow, then another on Sunday.

Here's the link to Newcastle Referees, which would be a great starting point if you are interested.
http://www.newcastlefootballreferees.com.au/

Leftback at Home
12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Thanks. I have been out of town the last two years when the courses were on, so it might have to be next year. It's good to know there is more freedom in nominating in juniors/A-Age but I like a challenge which is why I would prefer State League/Zone + I see people's comments about them being short of numbers, but like I said the time commitment is the issue as I just can't give up a full day.

Happy
12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
At the end of the day all we need is a ball and some goals. Refs would be nice but I'm sure whoever does the job will be fair as long as they are not 15 beers in at 11:30.

C'mon man
12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Beresfield v Kotara @ Pasadena
3rd
Kotara 5-2
Res
Kotara 5-0
1st
Bero 3-1
not the greatest start by kotara this year but the quality is there.... bero deserved the points and have improved from last year! nice free kick for their 2nd goal

C'mon man
12-04-2014, 05:42 PM
oh by the way we had one ref

Happy
12-04-2014, 05:46 PM
oh by the way we had one ref
I think we heard that already.

ForeverRed
12-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Anyone heading to jesmond this season please don't take your wife or kids, never seen such a disgraceful rude bunch of hicks in all my life, total embarrassment to football, I 'd hate see what happens when they lose, swearing aloud from supporters, sexual imitations from their bench, finger gestures to the crowd, all for what, it's a game of footy, something to do on a Saturday arvo, never again,

roundballsarebetter
12-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Anyone heading to jesmond this season please don't take your wife or kids, never seen such a disgraceful rude bunch of hicks in all my life, total embarrassment to football, I 'd hate see what happens when they lose, swearing aloud from supporters, sexual imitations from their bench, finger gestures to the crowd, all for what, it's a game of footy, something to do on a Saturday arvo, never again,

Sounds like a post from a losing supporter.Tell me how bad was the referee??

Thomas477
12-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a post from a losing supporter.Tell me how bad was the referee??

Unless FR has another team he supports as passionately as the gunners, I doubt it.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
12-04-2014, 07:19 PM
ForeveRed ill give you the satisfaction of the bite that I'd suspect you're after....

First of all, seems you forgot the scores so ill start there. 3rds 3 0 to Suburbs in a game that I didn't see but I'm told you were much better as the score indicates. Reggies from the half I saw seemed to be shaded by Suburbs but Jesmond took a chance to win 1 0. 1st grade a 3 1 win to Jeso in a game when our keeper did not make a save and only work was dealing with some corners etc. Credit for your goal though which was a beauty of a near stick header from a corner that went in off the back stick.

The 100% truth is we were told by your own club mates that you'd get on here and carry on and you haven't disappointed. Both clubs got caught up in the banter and if you're saying your club didn't swear or carry on your delusional. A lady from Garden Suburb indicated that your crowd were probably the worse.

Anyway, a big congratulations on the mass away support you get. Very impressive! From today we'll take canteen takings that us hicks from Jesmond have not seen in years, 3 reggies points and 3 first grade points.

You guys can take 3 points for your comprehensive win in 3rds, you personally can take away something to winge about and also we'd like to offer you an invitation to re-visit. That's of course if, as newcomers, we avoid relegation back to ZL2 or you 'earn' the promotion you knocked back going into this year.

On a side note ill refrain from elaborating on the last man tackle that didn't see red (no bearing on game as went off anyway) and the elbow that the ref saw, commented on but chose not to discipline.

Looking forward to next round.

Premy
12-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Firstly if you're happy with your decision to take promotion after finishing second then that's that. We're happy about our decision to not take promotion for finishing 2nd, end off.

Second FR was a spectator not involved with our Club.

Third to the game. Your first goal was a defection of the wall on a freekick that should not have been a freekick in the first place as your player had a high foot on 3 occasion leading up to the foul.
Second goal was well taken counter attack after the game had open up due to your goal advantage full credit there was a well taken and well worked counter.
Third goal came when we had 10 men on the park due to 3 blokes getting injured (2 of which came from late tackles that went unpunished) and we had no subs left, then a player in a offside position that didn't get called by a Jesmond Club linesman (same bloke that wasn't on the line when a corner that may or may not have gone in was cleated of the line and then ran down to the corner after your players told him to put his flag up, luckily the ref seen sense there) chased down a clearance to go one on one with keeper.
No team really dominated and you guys done well to take the few chances of the game, both teams got favorable calls from the ref both got some dodgy ones to(don't expect that to change all year their humans and make mistakes like the rest of us).

Forth yes there was some foul language from both clubs, big difference between the two clubs but Blues language and gestures were coming from the crowd, Reds language and gestures were coming from the crowd, bench and manager.

In the end winner's are grinner's and Jesmond I bet are grinning, might need to learn a bit about winning with grace but.

C'mon man
12-04-2014, 10:28 PM
haha luv it....

Thomas477
12-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Missed this :wub:

Jesmond_sweeper
12-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Firstly if you're happy with your decision to take promotion after finishing second then that's that. We're happy about our decision to not take promotion for finishing 2nd, end off.

Second FR was a spectator not involved with our Club.

Third to the game. Your first goal was a defection of the wall on a freekick that should not have been a freekick in the first place as your player had a high foot on 3 occasion leading up to the foul.
Second goal was well taken counter attack after the game had open up due to your goal advantage full credit there was a well taken and well worked counter.
Third goal came when we had 10 men on the park due to 3 blokes getting injured (2 of which came from late tackles that went unpunished) and we had no subs left, then a player in a offside position that didn't get called by a Jesmond Club linesman (same bloke that wasn't on the line when a corner that may or may not have gone in was cleated of the line and then ran down to the corner after your players told him to put his flag up, luckily the ref seen sense there) chased down a clearance to go one on one with keeper.
No team really dominated and you guys done well to take the few chances of the game, both teams got favorable calls from the ref both got some dodgy ones to(don't expect that to change all year their humans and make mistakes like the rest of us).

Forth yes there was some foul language from both clubs, big difference between the two clubs but Blues language and gestures were coming from the crowd, Reds language and gestures were coming from the crowd, bench and manager.

In the end winner's are grinner's and Jesmond I bet are grinning, might need to learn a bit about winning with grace but.

Winning with grace? I dont believe anyone from our team or supporters really carried on anywhere near as bad as the bloke in the orange shirt who I'm only guessing is forever red. He even called me shit which made me quiet sad.
On the field we were chatting and having a laugh and i thought the game was played in the correct spirit. Some may say differently but thats why opinions are free.
As for bad tackles etc i rekon both teams seen some interesting decisions which is all part of the game. Agree no one dominated and was pretty even.
P.s what the hell do you guys feed Bon? He is getting bigger!

Happy
13-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Never had any dramas with gardo even though it's a derby great club great blokes.

Premy
13-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Winning with grace? I dont believe anyone from our team or supporters really carried on anywhere near as bad as the bloke in the orange shirt who I'm only guessing is forever red. He even called me shit which made me quiet sad.
On the field we were chatting and having a laugh and i thought the game was played in the correct spirit. Some may say differently but thats why opinions are free.
As for bad tackles etc i rekon both teams seen some interesting decisions which is all part of the game. Agree no one dominated and was pretty even.
P.s what the hell do you guys feed Bon? He is getting bigger!

I pretty much agree with you on most of this on the field it was a hard fought contest in the right spirit with a couple of loose tackles from both side's.

Your suspicions about FR are incorrect but.
Certain comments from your bench and manager is where I'm leading to winning with grace. Let the supporters banter with each other that stuff is trivial and fine but when the manager is gloating in front of the supporters and making certain comments regarding promotion policy stinks of arrogance.

Flint_tropics
13-04-2014, 02:20 AM
As a general football fan I'm going to have to agree with forever red and premy here . The suburbs fans where in good nature and spirit . As for the jesmond fans I can not say the same . Yes you won the game but the way the bench and some of the supporters carried on was disgusting . The ref was not the best and yes some decisions were abit suspect both ways. Jesmond just had the bounce of the ball on the day . As for the suburbs should have got a red card yes I agree he was last man but where I was standing from he went down with his injury and fell into the player , he was on the ground in pain and up the fans saying he was faking it to get out of a red card that is a disgrace . The poor bloke has done something serious to his knee or ankle or whatever and use stand there bagging him out . Funny use didn't abuse him as his was carried off . I think some jesmond players , officials and supporters have to take a real hard look at them selfs .

Jesmond_sweeper
13-04-2014, 08:56 AM
We best be buying some mirrors then....
Playing i dont really hear exactly what the crowd says and i suspect that when the burbs crowd was yelling out at the jeso blokes they weren't wishing them all the best and saying "hope you have a good game"
Walking off at half time however i did hear some of the "language" directed from burbs fans, abuse and he said she saids. Thats football, I'd prefer it like that then being able to hear a pin drop. To be on here and say it was all one way i think you may need to borrow some of the mirrors we will be buying.
Crowds will be crowds and i really hope the bloke who got injured isnt out long as no one likes to see guys miss weeks for whatever reason.
The way i see it storm in a tea cup really, but again thats why opinions are free.

Premy
13-04-2014, 09:23 AM
We best be buying some mirrors then....
Playing i dont really hear exactly what the crowd says and i suspect that when the burbs crowd was yelling out at the jeso blokes they weren't wishing them all the best and saying "hope you have a good game"
Walking off at half time however i did hear some of the "language" directed from burbs fans, abuse and he said she saids. Thats football, I'd prefer it like that then being able to hear a pin drop. To be on here and say it was all one way i think you may need to borrow some of the mirrors we will be buying.
Crowds will be crowds and i really hope the bloke who got injured isnt out long as no one likes to see guys miss weeks for whatever reason.
The way i see it storm in a tea cup really, but again thats why opinions are free.
Yes it is all a bit of a storm in a teacup, it's expected and tolerated from the crowd, I think you're still missing the point, it's another thing when it's coming from the bench and the Manager.

Jesmond_sweeper
13-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Yes it is all a bit of a storm in a teacup, it's expected and tolerated from the crowd, I think you're still missing the point, it's another thing when it's coming from the bench and the Manager.

Fair point, i didnt see or hear any of it so not going to defend or try to explain. There was no talk at the end of game or at the sponsors about it.

Premy
13-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Fair point, i didnt see or hear any of it so not going to defend or try to explain. There was no talk at the end of game or at the sponsors about it.
Let's agree that all this has been blown well out of proportion, was a good day yesterday enjoyed the contest good luck for the rest of the year. You guys have proved you belong in this division and don't need to justify why you took promotion. Looking forward to the rest of the year and next round when we host you at the nest, hopefully the result will be different next time.

Jesmond_sweeper
13-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Let's agree that all this has been blown well out of proportion, was a good day yesterday enjoyed the contest good luck for the rest of the year. You guys have proved you belong in this division and don't need to justify why you took promotion. Looking forward to the rest of the year and next round when we host you at the nest, hopefully the result will be different next time.

Yes very true, was a good day and again i like a vocal crowd, can provide some quality funnies that i then use and claim as my own.
I will 100% disagree with the last point you made, I'd enjoy the same result again.....
Good luck to you guys for rest of the year, is a long season and i hope the injured bloke isn't sidelined for to long.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
13-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Firstly ill stick my hand up and apologise for assuming that redforever is a part of Suburbs. He obviously enjoys filling his Satdy avo with random 4th division football which is his choice.
I'm part of the bench in question as coach, we had no manager. If you're referring to my actions I never once swore and yes did react to that one bloke in crowd who had a crack at me personally. When went up 2 0 I simply turned around and he was doing a silly dance for some reason. I mimicked that dance back at him for a split second. That's it. Hardly something to have your character scrutinised by but if so then so be it.
Back to that fellow, overall I thought he was quite funny and added atmosphere. He had a great day and good on him. Credit too that even at 0-1 and 0-2 he still was serving it up. At 1-2 he was in fine form but 1-3 did take the wind out of he and the rest of the supporters sails.
There is zero hard feelings from me and what has been neglected to have been mentioned is that the coaches, players and coaches & players all shook hands after 90 mins and wished each other the best for rest of season. Hopefully both clubs get the chocolates more often than not.

pv4
13-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Can we stop bickering and get back to productive conversation..

How bad is the playing field at Jesmond Park ffs