PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Zone League 3 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

boz-monaut
03-01-2014, 09:00 AM
2014 Zone League 3 Thread

controlzone
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Do we know which teams will be playing in L3 this year?

sharky21
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Do we know which teams will be playing in L3 this year?

The last email I received with the teams had league 3 as a 9 team comp and the teams where: Tenambit Sharks FC, Kurri Kurri, Dungog, Dudley, Hunter Simba, Toronto, Mayfield, RAAF and Cooks Hill. There was a rumour of Bellbird re-joining but have not heard much since. Hoping a tenth team joins to get rid of the bye

boz-monaut
04-01-2014, 11:59 AM
confirming the teams in the competition - I cut and pasted this from the draw sent to clubs on 3 December

Cooks Hill UFC
Toronto Awaba JSC
Kurri Kurri SSC
BYE
RAAF Williamtown FC
Dungog SC
Dudley Redhead UFC
Hunter Simba FC
Tenambit Sharks FC
Mayfield United JFC

Drunken ranger
05-01-2014, 07:30 PM
What ever happen to lochinvar???? Bellbird would be great to see back in there always a strong club to play against and there crowd was always in fine form

She Devil
06-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Toronto Awaba invites all intending and existing players to Finnan Oval on Sunday 19th Jan at 11am for a run/trial for our 2014 Season... If want any information or wanting to play and unable to attend please contact Rachel: 0499153918 or email: tajfc@live.com.au

sharky21
08-01-2014, 09:30 AM
What ever happen to lochinvar???? Bellbird would be great to see back in there always a strong club to play against and there crowd was always in fine form

Have heard Lochinvar will not have a team to play in league 3. I would also like to see bellbird come back in not just for the on field contest but due to our coach from the last 2 seasons heading there to coach would love to get one over them. But not sure they will have the numbers to enter again. ( hopefully I am wrong)

hawk
08-01-2014, 03:42 PM
confirming the teams in the competition - I cut and pasted this from the draw sent to clubs on 3 December

Cooks Hill UFC
Toronto Awaba JSC
Kurri Kurri SSC
BYE
RAAF Williamtown FC
Dungog SC
Dudley Redhead UFC
Hunter Simba FC
Tenambit Sharks FC
Mayfield United JFC

:)

anfield
13-01-2014, 12:53 PM
It is dissapointing that there is a bye and only 9 teams in id3. Unfortuneatly there is nothing that can be done about it. Ideally it would be great if a strong club that has multiple all age teams give id's a crack. Clubs like hamilton azzurri, argenton or adamstown jnrs to name a few. We (dudley) are moving from all age to ids this season. Having played both divisionally and all age before, the club experience is one that can only be gained playing ids. Bring on season 2014.

Retro Jet
15-01-2014, 01:39 AM
Cooks Hill United FC invite any interested players for 2014 Zone League 3 to trial for the upcoming season.
First training session to be held 6pm on Thursday, 23rd January at National Park Sportsground No.4 (Union St).
Contact person is Lee on the night.

ZPL will also be commencing at the same time as ZL3

hawk
15-01-2014, 01:51 PM
It is dissapointing that there is a bye and only 9 teams in id3. Unfortuneatly there is nothing that can be done about it. Ideally it would be great if a strong club that has multiple all age teams give id's a crack. Clubs like hamilton azzurri, argenton or adamstown jnrs to name a few. We (dudley) are moving from all age to ids this season. Having played both divisionally and all age before, the club experience is one that can only be gained playing ids. Bring on season 2014.

could drop a team. but i agree, get a couple of all ages in. hamo azzurri has 23 a/a teams

Charman
17-01-2014, 12:58 PM
From what I hear teams will be given until the final hour to fill the 10th spot, Bero were favourites but nothing has progressed. Wallsend I hear were also a possiblity.

sharky21
17-01-2014, 02:55 PM
From what I hear teams will be given until the final hour to fill the 10th spot, Bero were favourites but nothing has progressed. Wallsend I hear were also a possiblity.

What bero team? Seniors already have a league 1 & juniors already have a league 2.

Charman
20-01-2014, 01:47 PM
What bero team? Seniors already have a league 1 & juniors already have a league 2.

Yeah, sorry, meant Bellbird. Doh!

AVB
24-01-2014, 02:10 AM
Not enough banter on the forum yet!

anyone got predictions? or wanna talk your team up?

My predictions
Hunter Simba FC
Cooks Hill UFC
Tenambit Sharks FC
Dudley Redhead UFC

RAAF Williamtown FC
Mayfield United JFC
Toronto Awaba JSC
Kurri Kurri SSC
BYE
Dungog SC

let the banter commence...

russjaybee
24-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Rof...

sharky21
24-01-2014, 10:37 AM

My predictions
Hunter Simba FC
Cooks Hill UFC
Tenambit Sharks FC
Dudley Redhead UFC

RAAF Williamtown FC
Mayfield United JFC
Toronto Awaba JSC
Kurri Kurri SSC
BYE
Dungog SC

The last time I talked my team up we came last and dropped down to this league lol.
So I may pass but will say after our four sessions numbers turning up have been awesome and some new additions that look very useful so I'm happy with where we are headed under our new coach.

Ur predictions look good but knowing the coach out at Kurri I would expect them to be a bit higher up after a brief conversation and just knowing the type of bloke he is. Definitely one game I'm looking forward to.

ManUTDSupporter
24-01-2014, 07:47 PM

My predictions
Hunter Simba FC
Cooks Hill UFC
Tenambit Sharks FC
Dudley Redhead UFC

RAAF Williamtown FC
Mayfield United JFC
Toronto Awaba JSC
Kurri Kurri SSC
BYE
Dungog SC

What makes you select Dungog right down there?
I agree with kurri higher.

Thomas477
24-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Jeez, the bye seems to have a strong squad.

russjaybee
25-01-2014, 05:39 PM
BYE darkhorse of the comp imo

sharky21
29-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Anyone got trials organised yet? We at Tenambit have some lined up but not confirmed as of yet.

Roberju
29-01-2014, 08:25 PM
We (mayfield) have had one vs Simba, also have some more lined up but need to confirm, if anyone interested in hosting us let me know

sharky21
29-01-2014, 09:32 PM
We (mayfield) have had one vs Simba, also have some more lined up but need to confirm, if anyone interested in hosting us let me know
Yeah heard u guys had one already. Uv done well to be that organised to get the teams together to play. We are only upto our 6th session still working out who staying and who training for.fitness reasons. But we do now have one booked against Merewether Advance late Feb just before state cup.

anfield
30-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Interesting predictions.
I do agree with simba and cooks hill being in the top 4, no brainer.
I also think that tenambit will be in the top 4 and a real possibility of being top 2. They have come down from id2's, which judging on recent years is a much harder comp then id3's.

As for the rest, I think they will be competing for that 4th spot. Dungog and kurri will finish higher then predicted. I think they will be pushed by toronto, mayfield and the raaf.

As for us at dudley, we will see. The goal will be to be competitive and have a chance of making semis right up to last round in both grades. We do have some decent players. But so do everyone else.

Roberju
30-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah heard u guys had one already. Uv done well to be that organised to get the teams together to play. We are only upto our 6th session still working out who staying and who training for.fitness reasons. But we do now have one booked against Merewether Advance late Feb just before state cup.

Was great to get in early trial, but similar you really dont know what squad will look like to everyone paid. Would love more trials but we can't play on our ground due to softball. So if you guys or any other teams would be willing to host us, let me know and will get it organised.

pv4
30-01-2014, 11:57 AM
I also think that tenambit will be in the top 4 and a real possibility of being top 2. They have come down from id2's, which judging on recent years is a much harder comp then id3's.

Tenambit did struggle last season. They had one guy of good quality (a mid/striker), but the rest of the team didn't really stand out to me (in my limited exposure to them). Plus they were playing the wrong keeper in firsts for our night game IMO. But if they're able to keep their core group together, they can only be improving each year.

ZL2 was relatively strong all round though - I had Olympic picked for GF winners and they didn't even make the semis. But I have nothing to compare it with ZL3.

Also Toronto IDs has folded, I've been told by two of their players from last year.

anfield
30-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Toronto, have they confirmed that to association? I hope not, we are looking at them to be one of the teams we can take points off.

Tenambit will also get a boost in team morale playing in a weaker competition. They should hit the ground running.

sharky21
30-01-2014, 01:51 PM
We (tenambit) have kept most of our squad from last year and have added to the squad with new players and some returning players ( hopefully they all stay) and with a new coach we are starting this year fresh and forgetting about the last two.years of disappointment. Won't be as bold to make any predictions on how we travel as we are only in our 3rd week of training and as I said before unsure of who is staying. Looking forward to the competition this year playing some teams I haven't played before. I did keep an eye on this comp last year to gain some insight but new year all new ball game.

And PV4 I'm doing my best to get the nod between the sticks in first will have to wait and see if my form carrys over or last season was a fluke lol.

Mahk
30-01-2014, 11:18 PM
St Johns (the new team to Newcastle Football) could be making a ID 3 squad instead of 2 all age teams.

sharky21
31-01-2014, 07:43 AM
St Johns (the new team to Newcastle Football) could be making a ID 3 squad instead of 2 all age teams.

Hopefully they do and hopefully Toronto stay in to make it a ten team comp

pv4
31-01-2014, 08:04 AM
And PV4 I'm doing my best to get the nod between the sticks in first will have to wait and see if my form carrys over or last season was a fluke lol.

All the best with it pal. Like I said last season, you were the standout of the two IMO.

Toronto IDs players have been training with intention to sign with other clubs already. They won't be competing in ID3s this year.

Drunken ranger
31-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Toronto had players last year I think stocko might disagree there

Mahk
31-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Toronto players are welcome to join Hunter Simba. Might be a bit of a trek though...

anfield
03-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Has there been any official news on toronto as yet? Are they in or out? I find it strange that a team would pull the plug so close to the start of the season. What about St. Johns? Is there a serious chance of joining id3's? Who are they and where they from. I Know nothing.

sharky21
03-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm hearing rumours about teams dropping out or teams coming in left right and centre. A decision from these teams and the association needs to be made soon so that it don't bugger the rest of the teams around. It would be nice to know the full make up of the comp in advance of the comp starting. And hopefully no one drops out during the comp.

Mahk
03-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Has there been any official news on toronto as yet? Are they in or out? I find it strange that a team would pull the plug so close to the start of the season. What about St. Johns? Is there a serious chance of joining id3's? Who are they and where they from. I Know nothing.

St Johns is a new team, who left the Christian Churches Comp (because the CCC assoc. is terribly run, if run at all). They have intentions of having an ZL3 team in 2015 but are unsure about jumping into the 'deep' end with zone league in 2014.

Mahk
03-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Hunter Simba ZL3 hosting Merewether ZL2

9th March, No.2 Oval Maitland Rd Tighes Hill.

Reserves kickoff 2pm
1sts kickoff 3:35pm

Mahk
03-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Hunter Simba FC (Zone 3) is interested in hosting any trial games. Please contact me, Mark Piggott. Email: crazypiggott@hotmail.com, ATT trial games ("Crazy" is a Rugby nickname from Wanderers if anyone was wondering).

Our preferred setup is 2 games in a row (same day) in the same style as the league (Secondary team and Primary team aka reserves then 1sts). We can also play against two individual teams from different/same clubs.

Mahk
03-02-2014, 02:23 PM
If anyone is interested in joining Hunter Simba FC ZL3 for 2014, our training nights are Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:30pm till 8:30pm. Our preseason training is currently fitness and passing drills.

We also are interested in any juniors who are interested in joining H.Simba Juniors.

No.2 Oval
Maitland Rd
Tighes Hill

anfield
03-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I agree with sharky21. Teams/clubs are either in or out. They should be sorted well before now. Lets get on with football.

sharky21
05-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Well.at least it's not just this grade having team issues just read the plattsy have pulled out of ZPL and dropping to ZL2. They way I see it if another ZL2 team can not fill 3 teams to play in ZL1 (with a ZL1 team moving to ZPL) one team from ZL2 will have to drop back to our comp. ( hope that makes sense) be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks.

United
07-02-2014, 12:45 PM
I am associated with 2 clubs and I contacted Plattys a few weeks ago about trials. Said they didn't have a coach or players. I contacted Newcastle association who replied with they are still in. Yet everyone and their dog knows they were gone. The whole Zone leagues are a mess at the moment and I agree does need to be sorted out. The federations seem to be playing the out of mind out of sight game. Instead of actually contacting the clubs in trouble and finding out what is going on

supa
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
If plattsy knew a few weeks ago shouldn't it be their job to contact the federation? surely you don't think its the federations problem that plattsy or anyone for that matter is having trouble retaining/recruiting players, i doubt these issues have emerged overnight...

United
07-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Well Plattsy are officially gone from Zone as of today. Dropped back down to division 2. The writing was on the wall and really it wasn't difficult to know. I didn't mean it's the federations problem of retaining/recruiting players. But as far as sorting out what teams are in what division are their problems. Teams being allowed to hold positions in a division when clearly they are going to struggle is a bad idea. For 2 years now they have struggled to get players and particularly last year had been relying on all age players to back up. Morisset are another club I have heard are struggling big time. So what happens with them is another waiting game

fresh
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
anyone got a contact number for the new dudley redhead team?

ManUTDSupporter
07-02-2014, 06:31 PM
As far as i am concerned they shouldn't have three grades in league 1. Clubs are in certain grades for a reason, and should be up to the individual club to determine and notify the association of their progress and intentions.
Either way, I'm looking forward to another season.

anfield
07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Fresh, contact new dudley at the following Drufc.interdistrict@gmail.com

Its checked daily

ManUTDSupporter
10-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Final teams announced yet, for the season?
Hows the new teams looking?

Charman
13-02-2014, 11:00 AM
For a new team I am pretty happy with where we are at the moment (Dudley) MUCH work to be done though. First game will be very interesting.
Still working through 1st / reserve grade selections but getting close to announcing the side.

ManUTDSupporter
13-02-2014, 10:12 PM
whats everyone's rego costs, including pants, socks etc?
IMO Dungog last year had the best in a while, personal fitted playing shirt with name that you keep, shorts, socks, jacket and warm up shirt. (All high quality Adidas) $320

sharky21
14-02-2014, 12:37 PM
whats everyone's rego costs, including pants, socks etc?
IMO Dungog last year had the best in a while, personal fitted playing shirt with name that you keep, shorts, socks, jacket and warm up shirt. (All high quality Adidas) $320

Tenambit are $300 and you get a free hoodie. ( cheapest iv paid at the club for a long time) Would love to know how clubs afford to give out all the extra and not lose money as iv been told my club losing money just on our cheaper rego.

roundballsarebetter
14-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Tenambit are $300 and you get a free hoodie. ( cheapest iv paid at the club for a long time) Would love to know how clubs afford to give out all the extra and not lose money as iv been told my club losing money just on our cheaper rego.

Sponsorship. More sponsors is more money to spend toward rego

Roberju
14-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Mayfield $450 ($350 before Christmas) but get token payments for training, games, pub visits etc think I made back $350 last year. But I go the the pub a lot.

sharky21
14-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Mayfield $450 ($350 before Christmas) but get token payments for training, games, pub visits etc think I made back $350 last year. But I go the the pub a lot.
I like the idea of the token payment scheme. We thought about doing that with training to encourage players to attend. But the thought of paying $450 up front scares me. We also have personal player sponsors where you can go out and a company to pay your rego. There is obviously something in it for the company with the fact they get exposure at every home game when players name and who sponsors them is announced before kick off.

Mahk
14-02-2014, 03:57 PM
$250 at Simba. Socks and shorts provided.

ManUTDSupporter
16-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Any news on when the final teams will be announced.
Looks like 2 teams may be gone, hopefully it doesn't stay at 7!!!

Roberju
16-02-2014, 05:52 PM
Any news on when the final teams will be announced.
Looks like 2 teams may be gone, hopefully it doesn't stay at 7!!!

Who are the two teams? I thought it was just Toronto struggling for numbers.

ManUTDSupporter
16-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Who are the two teams? I thought it was just Toronto struggling for numbers.

unfortunately not, I know of another team worse off than Toronto. Won't mention the team until it is finalized and confirmed by them mate.
Either way, would like to think if Toronto goes too they won't leave it at 7

fresh
17-02-2014, 01:02 AM
put one of the 7 up to zl2. because morrisets going back to zl1 apperently? then leave 6 in zl3 but play each other 3 times? will then be the same amount of games as a 10 team comp. Then they can be proactive in organizing 4 new teams for next year.

Premy
17-02-2014, 09:59 AM
put one of the 7 up to zl2. because morrisets going back to zl1 apperently? then leave 6 in zl3 but play each other 3 times? will then be the same amount of games as a 10 team comp. Then they can be proactive in organizing 4 new teams for next year.
Morisset going up have been replaced by Plattsburgh dropping 2 division.

namwob99
17-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Morisset going up have been replaced by Plattsburgh dropping 2 division.
Lol people are really struggling to get their heads around the changes.

supa
17-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Lol people are really struggling to get their heads around the changes.
:sigh: insert joke about head size...:pissup:

United
17-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Should be an interesting Zone meeting on Wednesday night then

namwob99
19-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Toronto gone from new draw!!

ManUTDSupporter
19-02-2014, 09:28 PM
What's the new draw looking like?

sharky21
20-02-2014, 12:47 PM
So we are currently at 8. But still unsure of at least two teams I reckon.

Be good to hear something from all teams on how they travelling numbers wise.

We at Tenambit are at 24 fully registered players with the rest hopefully getting done tonight so safe to say we will have the numbers to compete in this grade this year

anfield
21-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Good draw for us at dudley. Play dungog and raaf twice at home. 2 out of 3 at home great. We only play simba and tenambit twice which could be a little plus to us I think. Especially considering simba apparently train 3 times a week. We only train once. If true how can you compete with that. Makes simba strong favourites I reckon.

Reds Forever
21-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Good draw for us at dudley. Play dungog and raaf twice at home. 2 out of 3 at home great. We only play simba and tenambit twice which could be a little plus to us I think. Especially considering simba apparently train 3 times a week. We only train once. If true how can you compete with that. Makes simba strong favourites I reckon.

Have not seen draw yet.

Can you advise how it is made up? How many teams? How many rounds?

Swanky
21-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Have not seen draw yet.

Can you advise how it is made up? How many teams? How many rounds?

Its weird 8 teams
18 rounds so you play 4 of the other 7 teams 3 times

anfield
22-02-2014, 04:10 PM
I dont mind the setup of competition. I suppose the big thing is games, 18 games perfect number. You dont want anymore then 18 as the competition can drag on, you wouldnt want any less then say 16.

By only having 8 teams you do have a greater chance of teams making semi finals. Everyone knows that being in a successful team is much more enjoyable, plus its much easier to get players back the following year to play. Im sure if toronto had been closer or made the finals last year then they would have been back stronger in 2014.

8 teams should also mean that there will be greater interest for most teams at the back end of the competition. Most 10 team competitions may have 2-3 teams that have little to play for in the last few rounds. Unable to make the semis or in other id comps safe from relegation. In these situations teams can somewhat fall apart, players make themselves unavailable etc. Results are all over the place.

The downside to the 8 team competition is the fairness. By not playing each team the same amount of time makes the comp a little uneven. But really, at least 3 of the 4 teams would have been there in an even comp anyway. The NRL has had that setup for years, the best teams will still finish at the top end of the comp.

Overall, I think 8 teams is a better way to go for all id divisons. It may even result in the creation of an extra divison (id4). Teams will chance divisons more frequent and will allow teams that finish towards the bottom end of divison year after year a quicker way to playing football against teams on more of their own level.

Its no suprise that most of the teams that have had doubts on numbers etc, are teams that struggled the year before in there respective competitions. Lets face it, everyone wants to be successful. No one wants to lose. Seedings could be allocated from last years competition standings to make the format more fairer. Teams promoted and relegated could have automatic seeded positions.

8 teams, im a fan
Now lets bring on the comp.

fresh
23-02-2014, 01:29 PM
what times do this grade normally play reserves and firsts?

sharky21
23-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Tenambit had our first trial against Merewether (Zl2) today res was 0-0 first was a 2-0 win to us. Four fresh starters for first as had a number of players unavailable.
Happy with the result looking forward to next test of Stockton in the state cup.

sharky21
23-02-2014, 03:38 PM
what times do this grade normally play reserves and firsts?
Res usually kick off @ 1:15 and first @ 3

ManUTDSupporter
23-02-2014, 03:44 PM
1:15 reserves
3:00 firsts

Trial:
Tenambit Sharks Zl3 v Merewether Advance Zl2
res: 0-0
1st: 2-0 Tenambit

Tenambit had only 4 fresh for firsts and rest backed up with people unavailable for this game.

Imyourhero
23-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Good pre season result for tenambit then.
Were Merewether at reasonable strength?

ManUTDSupporter
24-02-2014, 05:42 AM
Good pre season result for tenambit then.
Were Merewether at reasonable strength?

Don't know their players. They went in to firsts with a full fresh team that warmed up, compared to our 4. so I assume they had almost full number a there

AVB
24-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Don't know their players. They went in to firsts with a full fresh team that warmed up, compared to our 4. so I assume they had almost full number a there

Have you changed sides? didn't you play for Dungog last year?

russjaybee
24-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Good luck with Tenambit this year Hughsie, I'll have to try and make it to a game or two.

ManUTDSupporter
24-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Good luck with Tenambit this year Hughsie, I'll have to try and make it to a game or two.

Cheers Russ. You having a run this year?
Yeah AVB, needed to play a bit closer to home this season.

russjaybee
25-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Cheers Russ. You having a run this year?
Yeah AVB, needed to play a bit closer to home this season.

Yeah mate probably, not sure where yet though.

sharky21
27-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Just read in the herald the West Wallsend could find themselves in this division if they do not get 40 registered players by Tuesday. Which seems unlikely. Putting us back to 9 unless another team withdraws.

United
27-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Just read in the herald the West Wallsend could find themselves in this division if they do not get 40 registered players by Tuesday. Which seems unlikely. Putting us back to 9 unless another team withdraws.

Provided that those players would want to play in this league as well. They don't even have a coach at the moment. Would be difficult to expect all 26 players to stick around without a club

sharky21
27-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Provided that those players would want to play in this league as well. They don't even have a coach at the moment. Would be difficult to expect all 26 players to stick around without a club

That is true. You would expect a fair few to be offered spots in higher graded teams leaving them with the bare minimum and still finding themselves short of players even with only two teams to fill. ( which even if they kept the 26 is still not enough to reach the.required amount for.this grade). Would be a shame to see a club like them lost. Too many of the higher graded teams seem to be struggling in the last few years something possibly needs to change (i.e less age restrictions in the ZPL and newfm league maybe)

fresh
27-02-2014, 03:48 PM
^^ no age restrictions in zpl. newfm and nbn age restrictions are bullshit yes.

simple solution is zpl-zl3 all first and reserves. scrap the third grade in zl1 and zpl. Most clubs can find 2 teams. Many cant find the 3!

sharky21
27-02-2014, 04:28 PM

simple solution is zpl-zl3 all first and reserves. scrap the third grade in zl1 and zpl. Most clubs can find 2 teams. Many cant find the 3!
I agree with your idea I know when.we had to field three trams it was tough we ended up.with a heap of young guys who copped a bit of a touch up some games and turned them.off coming back the following year.

United
27-02-2014, 04:49 PM
I agree with your idea I know when.we had to field three trams it was tough we ended up.with a heap of young guys who copped a bit of a touch up some games and turned them.off coming back the following year.

I am on the board at a club in premier league and being a small club. Three teams is something we have never had a problem with and also need for survival. Having said that I understand how clubs struggle, Some even struggle for 2 grades and yet there are clubs that have between 10 and 20 all age teams. But are never ambitious enough to join the zone comp.

I agree losing Westy would be shame. I have played against them for decades and always had respect for the club.

Swanky
27-02-2014, 05:11 PM

I fully agree 2 grades in all divisions and you can have 2 teams if you can get 4 grades obviously cant be in the same division

TXK
27-02-2014, 09:19 PM

Personally I would like see all divisions have 1sts, Reserves and an U/18's.

pv4
27-02-2014, 09:50 PM

100% agreed

anfield
28-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I agree with most coments. It all goes back to Northern NSW and their efforts in organising top two divisions some 4-5 years ago.

Clubs like azzurri, lakes, thornton, dudley etc were stuffed around and dropped from respective competitions despite all being more then competitive. Age limitations dont work, if you are good enough you are old enough whether your 15 or 50.

These issues have plagued the top 2 divisons which have created flowing issues down the leagues. Got to get back to making competitions basic, losing too many players to all age soccer.

Get rid of age restrictions, 10 team nbn, every league after 8 team. Top 3 divisons (nbn, new fm, zpl) 3 grades. 2 grades in the rest. Promotion and relegation in all divisons. If you win you go up, no excuses.

anfield
28-02-2014, 12:07 PM
As for west wallsend. Probably way too strong for id3's even if they lost a lot of players.
4 divison drop, thats a big jump down.
Although it will be good to play at wembley again.

russjaybee
28-02-2014, 12:17 PM
100% agreed

If you enforced all divisions having 1sts Reserves and 18s then ZL3 probably would not exist, is that really worth it?
What's that achieving?

ManUTDSupporter
28-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Agree Russ. ZL3, ZL2, and ZL1 should only be two grades. To me, the quality step up is ZPL. ZPL should incorporate maybe an 18's.
I also cant see why It shouldn't be ZL2, ZL1 and ZPL,with a minimum 12 teams per comp. 2 get promoted, 2 go down. With a FFA cup style tournament during the year, ZL2-ZPL.

anfield
03-03-2014, 09:31 AM
12 teams would be way too many. It would be hard to keep morale up in club if by half way through competition you had no chance of making semis.

RANGER09
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Raymond Terrace 1st grade looking for a trial game Thursday night, your ground or ours. PM me if interested.
Thanks!

Jardelsimage
04-03-2014, 07:48 AM

there are not enough U18 players to make a good strong comp as there are not enough U23 players thus the change in the ZPL and this is because we have to many all age teams/comps etc
Zone league comps should be 10 teams 1st-res-3rds maybe take 3rds off in the lowest so clubs can start to build a club, if they promoted they then know they need another team.
To build a better Zone comp maybe all clubs with say 3 teams should be made to join Zone comps, this would nearly give you 5 divisions?????

sharky21
04-03-2014, 11:07 AM
So has anyone heard "officially" if Dungog are out? I'm of the understanding it's all but official considering the team the fielded for state cup was thrown together a few days beforehand. And I believe we should hear the decision on west Wallsend today as today is there deadline to meet their requirements.

Thomas477
04-03-2014, 11:45 AM
So has anyone heard "officially" if Dungog are out? I'm of the understanding it's all but official considering the team the fielded for state cup was thrown together a few days beforehand.

Care to explain?

RANGER09
04-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Raymond Terrace 1st grade looking for a trial game Thursday night, your ground or ours. PM me if interested.
Thanks!

Game now booked - Thanks!

sharky21
04-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Care to explain?
Dungog have been struggling for players for a while now ( so I have heard) and the state cup team that beat mayfield on pens at our ground was (from what I.understand) either an all age team or a mix with the over 35's. I may be way off the mark and will be happy to be corrected if wrong.

Thomas477
04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Dungog have been struggling for players for a while now ( so I have heard) and the state cup team that beat mayfield on pens at our ground was (from what I.understand) either an all age team or a mix with the over 35's. I may be way off the mark and will be happy to be corrected if wrong.

Ah, okay. I can confirm at least 1 of the players was their coach in 2012, and is returning from a broken leg. But out of interest, is there any rule that says they can't? As I understand it they can do the same in ZL as well?

sharky21
04-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Ah, okay. I can confirm at least 1 of the players was their coach in 2012, and is returning from a broken leg. But out of interest, is there any rule that says they can't? As I understand it they can do the same in ZL as well?
I'm a bit lost here? ( i am a goal keeper so bare with me) are you talking bout state cup? Cause what I ment by asking if they were out was are they out of ZL3 because they don't have the required numbers to fill the grade. I was just using the state cup game as an example of why I believe they will not participate in our comp this year.

Thomas477
04-03-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm a bit lost here? ( i am a goal keeper so bare with me) are you talking bout state cup? Cause what I ment by asking if they were out was are they out of ZL3 because they don't have the required numbers to fill the grade. I was just using the state cup game as an example of why I believe they will not participate in our comp this year.

I'm one too mate. I thought you saying that they were struggling for numbers over the weekend, not for the season :)

ManUTDSupporter
04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Dungog will not be apart of the 2014 season, I believe. The coach from 2012, is the club president too. Top bloke, worked hard to get the ZL3 team going. Just hard with it being so far away.
The team was some firsts and reserves from last year and some guys from all-age/haven't played for years. So they done well.
Hope the next state cup game isn't on Saturday the 15th :/

fresh
04-03-2014, 08:17 PM
so what now a 7 team comp? how will they work that?

ManUTDSupporter
04-03-2014, 10:07 PM
No disrespect to merewether, I believe they should put a hand up to come down. Based on our trial and the quality of teams like stocko, Bero and Terrace etc. It may be a very long year for them. Just my opinion

roundballsarebetter
04-03-2014, 10:31 PM
No disrespect to merewether, I believe they should put a hand up to come down. Based on our trial and the quality of teams like stocko, Bero and Terrace etc. It may be a very long year for them. Just my opinion

Haha why should teams come down and make higher divisions go with less teams just because the lowest division ( and standard) in newcastle football are coming short on clubs. Bad luck get better and get out. Unfortuantly for tenambit they got themselves in this situation and now must work hard and get out, to avoid problems like a 7 team comp ( or 8 depending what happens with w/wallsend).League three should feel themselves lucky that there has been 2 new teams this year

fresh
05-03-2014, 01:44 AM
lowest division? come on you forgot the 20 all age divisions but i see were your coming from. However didn't they already promote 2 from this league when it was only ment to be one? berefield and stocko? i could be wrong?

unpromote? or like manutd said drop a team that doesn't really care about going any further up the zone leagues!

United
07-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Dungog will not be apart of the 2014 season, I believe. The coach from 2012, is the club president too. Top bloke, worked hard to get the ZL3 team going. Just hard with it being so far away.
The team was some firsts and reserves from last year and some guys from all-age/haven't played for years. So they done well.
Hope the next state cup game isn't on Saturday the 15th :/

My mail is that Dungog will not be part of this seasons comp. Where things go from here I have no idea. They really should find some way. A 7 team comp is unrealistic

anfield
07-03-2014, 05:37 PM
My mail is the same. If dungog are in it will be in first grade only. Either way reserves will only have 7 teams. Not ideal at all.

If they pullout alltogether 7 teams in both grades will be a mess.

Come on dungog, lets go at least first grade. Maybe toronto or an all age team could fill reserves spot. In that sense both could play home games at respective home grounds and play away against same opposition and venue. Something.

sharky21
07-03-2014, 06:59 PM
My mail is the same. If dungog are in it will be in first grade only. Either way reserves will only have 7 teams. Not ideal at all.

If they pullout alltogether 7 teams in both grades will be a mess.

Come on dungog, lets go at least first grade. Maybe toronto or an all age team could fill reserves spot. In that sense both could play home games at respective home grounds and play away against same opposition and venue. Something.
I understand were you are coming from if the scenario of two different teams played acting as one. But it would not be fair on the team they are playing as alot of teams use players from res Grade to back up or fill spots on the bench so it wouldn't work if both teams where at different grounds. Plus in the case of my club we have the one coach for two grades.

ManUTDSupporter
07-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Dungog understand the unfairness of this and will most likely not be fielding a ZL3 team

Charman
08-03-2014, 07:45 AM
7 teams!!!! Everything needs to be done to avoid this. It appeared this comp was a desireable one to be a part of but without the new RAAF and Dudley teams the comp would have been 5 teams only.
Is Bellbird interested in a first grade only scenario if Dungog are not? Yeah yeah, that old chestnut.

anfield
08-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Understand clubs issues with spread teams. But surely, anything that gets 8 teams in both grades must be better then 7. Especially considering there will be an uneven number of byes. Some teams will get 2, others will get 3. Thats far from ideal.

between dungog, toronto or bellbird. Surely 2 of which could fill the gap. One in firsts and one in reserves. It also keeps them in zone football, can allways rebuild for following years.

Could even get one of the multiple all age clubs to join. Fave the fees for a year, to entice them. Hamilton azzurri, cardiff jnrs, edgeworth jnrs , uni and west wallsend jnrs to name a few

ManUTDSupporter
09-03-2014, 10:57 PM
All the best with competition to all involved. I unfortunately have destroyed my ankle again from last year and unfortunately will be out for the year.
Goes to show that disgusting and late challenges should be harshly punished,l. Because i know the kurri lad who did it to me ruined my football.

russjaybee
10-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Devo :(

sharky21
11-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Tenambit take on Zl1 Jesmond Rams tonight at home. Going to be a tough match made even tougher due to having to get a new centre back pairing to gel together after the unfortunate news of losing our new CB. I'd say tonight will be the toughest game for me in goals so far putting my current run of 2 clean sheets on the line.

anfield
11-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Mail is today is D-Day for dungog.

ManUTDSupporter
11-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Dungog isn't putting a team in, will be 7

boz-monaut
11-03-2014, 04:21 PM
this just in:

Afternoon,

It is regrettable to inform you that due to player registrations and commitments both Dungog FC (League 3) and Belmont Tingira (League 1) cannot meet their obligations to compete in their respective competitions. Both Clubs have put in extra effort to increase their player base and be viable this season, but to no avail.

The attached update has the BYE noted in the fixtures for both Clubs.

League One Clubs please check the day changes for Newcastle Suns – most match days are now Sunday.

Premier Division – Round One & Round 10 - Kahibah v Cooks Hill have been swapped due the Lake Macquarie Council maintenance of Kahibah Oval.

Cooks Hill please note there is no clash with League 3 @ Newcastle Athletics Field on 5th April due to the withdrawal of Dungog FC (now a BYE).

All changes are on the web.

Regards,

Russell Henry

Chief Executive Officer

Charman
11-03-2014, 05:04 PM
sorry to see Dungog go and it is apparent they have done all they could to remain in the comp. Saying that 7 team comp means we have 3 byes, most guys will be filthy they signed up for 18 and play 15 regular season. How are the bye points going to work?

russjaybee
11-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Shame but in reality Michael the president at Dungog has done brilliantly to get our ZL3 team running over the last few years and should be commended.

Plenty of players (including myself) have been travelling from afar to return and play with our mates and it's been a fantastic experience.

This year we really just do not have the numbers to field teams, particularly on Saturday's. We would struggle to even put together a reserves team.

Will continue to have interest in ZL3 and ZL2, following the teams we've played against. It's been a great comp with a good variety of teams and playing styles, never a dull game that's for sure.

Mahk
11-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Hamilton Azzuri needs to get their act together and submit a ZL3 squad. St Johns currently has 2 all age, but needs to be encouraged to join ZL3 this season (they plan to next season).

pv4
11-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Hamilton Azzuri needs to get their act together and submit a ZL3 squad.

I don't fully understand what the appeal for them to join seniors would be, though.

Unless they see themselves one day in the future being a NPL contender, why not stay in allage? They have a much higher chance of getting refs each week, rego is cheaper, and senior football politics isn't existent. Sounds like a dream tbh

Mahk
11-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Understand clubs issues with spread teams. But surely, anything that gets 8 teams in both grades must be better then 7. Especially considering there will be an uneven number of byes. Some teams will get 2, others will get 3. Thats far from ideal.

between dungog, toronto or bellbird. Surely 2 of which could fill the gap. One in firsts and one in reserves. It also keeps them in zone football, can allways rebuild for following years.

Could even get one of the multiple all age clubs to join. Fave the fees for a year, to entice them. Hamilton azzurri, cardiff jnrs, edgeworth jnrs , uni and west wallsend jnrs to name a few

Uni have a ZL2 squad already.

Hamilton Azzuri can easily field a ZL3 squad but choose not to for unknown reasons.

St Johns (the new club from Christian Churches comp) will be fielding a 2015 ZL3 squad but have chosen to submit two all age teams this year.

Can everyone please contact Hamiton Azzuri and St Johns, so we can have a 9 team comp at the very least?

boz-monaut
11-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Azzurri have neither the facilities nor the inclination to play ZL3

Mahk
11-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Azzurri have a field.. a field is the facilities for ZL3...

Mahk
11-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I don't fully understand what the appeal for them to join seniors would be, though.

Unless they see themselves one day in the future being a NPL contender, why not stay in allage? They have a much higher chance of getting refs each week, rego is cheaper, and senior football politics isn't existent. Sounds like a dream tbh

Can't understand why Newcastle football don't make Zone League cheaper rego than all age, to entice more clubs to play ZFL.

Or even make all age more expensive than what ZFL currently is...

boz-monaut
11-03-2014, 05:48 PM
a) you are incorrect on the facilities issue
b) what benefit would increasing All Age fees have other than to benefit Zone competitions?
c) having spoken to the entire committee of Azzurri (goes by the name of Dave) he just isn't keen and neither are anyone from the higher Azzurri teams

why not just get rid of ZL3 and go back to the Interdistrict system?

russjaybee
11-03-2014, 05:49 PM

Coming from All Age to ZL3 there are a number of reasons you would choose ZL3 over All Age, most of them actually football related

- More competitive
- More challenging (having 1sts + reserves)
- A obvious promotion path to follow to judge improvement

If you don't give a shit about bettering yourself or your team then go for All Age.
If you're actually interested in trying to take a group of players / club forward on a journey then ZL football is excellent.

russjaybee
11-03-2014, 05:50 PM
a)
c) having spoken to the entire committee of Azzurri (goes by the name of Dave) he just isn't keen and neither are anyone from the higher Azzurri teams

why not just get rid of ZL3 and go back to the Interdistrict system?

So did Dave actually give a reason for not being keen?

boz-monaut
11-03-2014, 07:19 PM
mostly because the teams aren't keen but also because of the facilities - how many of you have seen the sheds at Smith Park? do any of you realise they don't even have lights and can't train or play there midweek?

why would teams want to go up? it's a lot of screwing around for very little benefit

pv4
11-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Out of curiosity Boz, are Cooks Hill happy with going up to zl3?

boz-monaut
11-03-2014, 07:33 PM
yep - it works well for us having the two squads

and if the ZPL team goes up they'd like to progress up the ladder too

Thomas477
11-03-2014, 07:34 PM
St Johns currently has 2 all age, but needs to be encouraged to join ZL3 this season (they plan to next season).

Hullo, thats news to me and Halo. As far I was aware we were simply planning on playing all age next year as well. I'm the keeper for our first team btw.

As for us being in ZL3, last year we struggled to get a full team to our first team games (average of 9 players per game) even when playing on the same ground as our seconds. A lot of our seconds are either still under 18, or way above that and due to family commitments can't make the commitment to being a part of a more competitive side. Didn't see your earlier posts either.

It also does't help that atm we don't have a field with lights on it, and are currently playing out of Cook Park, whose sheds would probably be below Azzurri's. Hardly ZL material. If we can get Kurraka, than I don't see why not, but until then I seriously doubt it. We also don't have the depth of other clubs like Simba, or even Mayfield.

You going to be playing in the match in a few weeks?

Mahk
11-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Hullo, thats news to me and Halo. As far I was aware we were simply planning on playing all age next year as well. I'm the keeper for our first team btw.

As for us being in ZL3, last year we struggled to get a full team to our first team games (average of 9 players per game) even when playing on the same ground as our seconds. A lot of our seconds are either still under 18, or way above that and due to family commitments can't make the commitment to being a part of a more competitive side. Didn't see your earlier posts either.

It also does't help that atm we don't have a field with lights on it, and are currently playing out of Cook Park, whose sheds would probably be below Azzurri's. Hardly ZL material. If we can get Kurraka, than I don't see why not, but until then I seriously doubt it. We also don't have the depth of other clubs like Simba, or even Mayfield.

You going to be playing in the match in a few weeks?

Yeah was talking to a St Johns rep at Newcastle football back in late Jan / early Feb

I am currently injured.

fresh
12-03-2014, 12:50 AM
somebody inform me how some clubs can have 3 byes and some 2 byes.

how the hell is that points system going to work?

ManUTDSupporter
12-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Just play each other 3 times

anfield
12-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Extreamlly dissapointed where the competition stands. 7 teams , uneven number of byes.
Like said before, our guys signed up expecting 18 games not 15.

Dungog have left competition high and dry. Should have pulled out weeks ago, why leave it this late? We started organising our squad august last year, if by november we thought that we couldnt get numbers up we would have pulled out. Im sure the president has done an outstanding job and im dissapointed that he has put in alot of work for no result. Obviously some of the playing group has let him down.

Im not going to worry about printing up draw until 2 weeks before comp starts. Sick of re-printing draw.

Solution, lets all try find another team. I have already started. One all age club may be interested.

Swanky
12-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Extreamlly dissapointed where the competition stands. 7 teams , uneven number of byes.

Dungog have left competition high and dry. Should have pulled out weeks ago, why leave it this late? We started organising our squad august last year, if by november we thought that we couldnt get numbers up we would have pulled out. Im sure the president has done an outstanding job and im dissapointed that he has put in alot of work for no result. Obviously some of the playing group has let him down.

Im not going to worry about printing up draw until 2 weeks before comp starts. Sick of re-printing draw.

Solution, lets all try find another team. I have already started. One all age club may be interested.

To be fair they may make ZL3 3 rounds will stretch out the season but aleast all teams will get 18 games but will be 21 rounds so maybe no easter break or spare weekend and all washouts can be draws if 1st reset is washed out due to tight schedule

sharky21
12-03-2014, 10:48 AM
To be fair they may make ZL3 3 rounds will stretch out the season but aleast all teams will get 18 games but will be 21 rounds so maybe no easter break or spare weekend and all washouts can be draws if 1st reset is washed out due to tight schedule
Do this and don't play finals there is the 3 weeks you need to take it from 18 to 21

Leftback at Home
12-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Mid-Week rounds?

anfield
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
No more rounds, newcastle c & s cricket has 21 rounds. Sometimes it feels the comp goes on and on. Leave it at 18. Best option find another team.

ManUTDSupporter
12-03-2014, 01:26 PM

Dungog notified the association many weeks ago that they were struggling for numbers. Association gave them this amount of time to find players. Don't think anyone let him down, everyone just moved to newcastle and some just got over the travel. All the players would of loved to keep playing at Dungog, just not possible

reddevil17
16-03-2014, 10:38 PM
21 rnds midweek fixtures only way to go.

supa
17-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Dungog notified the association many weeks ago that they were struggling for numbers. Association gave them this amount of time to find players. Don't think anyone let him down, everyone just moved to newcastle and some just got over the travel. All the players would of loved to keep playing at Dungog, just not possible
where does that leave them for state cup? will they play on?

sharky21
17-03-2014, 09:03 AM
where does that leave them for state cup? will they play on?
The dungog that played in the state cup was not the team that was going to be apart of ZL3. Was a mixture of two teams if memory serves me right. Butting do believe they will play on.

sharky21
19-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen the email yet but.my manager has told me that Revision number 5 of the draw is out seeing this comp go to 21 rounds (common sense with 7 teams) which includes midweek games and finals (not common sense in my opinion scrap finals I say then.no need for midweek games) hopefully this is the final draw.

BP Super Dynamos
19-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone still has room in their squad for players. I'm currently clubless and looking for somewhere to have a kick

newie4eva
19-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone still has room in their squad for players. I'm currently clubless and looking for somewhere to have a kick

What area are you looking for and does it need to be ZL3 ?

halo se7en
19-03-2014, 05:49 PM

Hey BP… I just put up a wanted notice for players in the All Age thread. It's L division so might be too big of a drop. Otherwise, PM me and I can give you some more info.

BP Super Dynamos
19-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Cheers Halo, but I'm hoping to play grade again after a few years in all age

halo se7en
19-03-2014, 08:40 PM

No worries!

newie4eva
19-03-2014, 10:44 PM

I think Medowie are still looking for a couple in ZL2.

Buddha
22-03-2014, 02:48 PM
stockton too

anfield
23-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Trial results
1st grade Dudley id3 1 warners bay 1
Reserves dudley id3 0 warners bay 1.

Two good results considering warners bay are in id1's. Not sure makeup of two warners bay teams. I think 2 teams were made up of players from all 3 grades. Too hot for football. Good to play good spirited competitive game with no official ref, dont get as many as you should. Hats off to both teams and refs.

outsider
23-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Trial results
1st grade Dudley id3 1 warners bay 1
Reserves dudley id3 0 warners bay 1.

Two good results considering warners bay are in id1's. Not sure makeup of two warners bay teams. I think 2 teams were made up of players from all 3 grades. Too hot for football. Good to play good spirited competitive game with no official ref, dont get as many as you should. Hats off to both teams and refs.

Did anyone ask for referees?.Checked our appointments and no mention made of this game.There were heaps of State Cup games on plus competetion games so they have first call on referees

Retro Jet
23-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Who did Simba play today at Tigers Hill?
Saw games there on my way back from Beryl Humble.

Thomas477
23-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Who did Simba play today at Tigers Hill?
Saw games there on my way back from Beryl Humble.

On Saturday around 3pm? That was all age L grade according to newcastle ref appointments.

Wilso8948
24-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Was stocko. 4-3 win for stocko in first grade. We were short and started with only one regular first grade defender. Went down 3-0 by half time. Came back to win 4-3. Better defensive effort in the 2nd but both teams were pretty short and hot conditions didn't help. Think simba had 2/3 ring ins too. Still think they start favourites for this comp. didn't see all of reserves. Simba were up 1-0 when I left

anfield
24-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Outsider, Just to clear up original msg. We didnt apply for refs, game only organised on thursday night.

My point was that games can easily get out of control without official refs. Luckily both games and teams played with the correct spirit. Which that type of spirit doesnt happen enough.

sharky21
24-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Outsider, Just to clear up original msg. We didnt apply for refs, game only organised on thursday night.

My point was that games can easily get out of control without official refs. Luckily both games and teams played with the correct spirit. Which that type of spirit doesnt happen enough.
I didn't think you could play a trial game without an official ref. That's what we were told at start of year.

The roosta
24-03-2014, 09:55 AM
How could they say that though when your expected to play most comp games with out them lol

sharky21
24-03-2014, 10:59 AM
How could they say that though when your expected to play most comp gamkes with out them lol I asked the same question myself. But apparently the two refs association. ( All age and inter district) are working together this year and league 3 may receive some of the better refs from the all age comps. So I have heard will have to wait and see. Maybe outsider can shed more light on this??

outsider
24-03-2014, 02:59 PM
I asked the same question myself. But apparently the two refs association. ( All age and inter district) are working together this year and league 3 may receive some of the better refs from the all age comps. So I have heard will have to wait and see. Maybe outsider can shed more light on this??

ID referees are members of the senior referees branch which covers all Northern senior football where possible due to availability or our members.We have been using the junior branch referees when they are available for a few years now but their first call is to their association fixtures.They are also covering the federations junior games from under 12 to under 17.We are always grateful for any referees who we can use on ID games but can give no guarantees.

eggball convert
24-03-2014, 03:11 PM
I asked the same question myself. But apparently the two refs association. ( All age and inter district) are working together this year and league 3 may receive some of the better refs from the all age comps. So I have heard will have to wait and see. Maybe outsider can shed more light on this??

As outsider mentioned traditionally the junior branch refs fill in where possible for the ID games, the difference this year is ID3's will be firstly covered by the junior branch (actually only know about Newcastle Referees but would hope the other two as well). This doesn't at this stage mean ID3 will get the 'best' of the refs from the junior branch nor will it mean that all games in the Newcastle area will be covered by three officials (there are a few reasons for this so I won't go into it). It will mean you/we will most likely be covered more often by referees but there won't be any guarantees. As both a player and junior branch ref I would hope any officials we do get are respected regardless of them being from the senior or junior branches and we acknowledge they are doing the best job they can.

sharky21
24-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks for filling the blanks guys. I'm sure that teams in this grade will be appreciative of any refs we get this year regardless of what association they come from. We at Tenambit got a visit from Russell Henry and senior ref Rodney Allen ( hope I got the name right) telling us about the shortages in refs and the plan they have to try and recruit more. I myself was going to do it bit cannot make the.course. Hoping a few other teams got the same visit and players put there hand up to have a go. The more players becoming refs the better in my opinion.

eggball convert
24-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Thanks for filling the blanks guys. I'm sure that teams in this grade will be appreciative of any refs we get this year regardless of what association they come from. We at Tenambit got a visit from Russell Henry and senior ref Rodney Allen ( hope I got the name right) telling us about the shortages in refs and the plan they have to try and recruit more. I myself was going to do it bit cannot make the.course. Hoping a few other teams got the same visit and players put there hand up to have a go. The more players becoming refs the better in my opinion.

The course they are offering (this Saturday I believe) is to complete both level 4 and level 3 referee accreditation and is a great opportunity to get this level so quickly (usually takes at least a year to get to level 3) and although I'm a little jealous I had to go the long way as you say any initiatives to get more players/ others involved in clubs to be properly qualified referees can only be a good thing. Quantity leads to quality.

pv4
24-03-2014, 04:49 PM
ID referees are members of the senior referees branch which covers all Northern senior football where possible due to availability or our members.We have been using the junior branch referees when they are available for a few years now but their first call is to their association fixtures.They are also covering the federations junior games from under 12 to under 17.We are always grateful for any referees who we can use on ID games but can give no guarantees.

What I don't understand is last season at westlakes we had no refs for our ids game yet 3 for our all age game. All age were happy to let one, two or even three refs take ids instead and the refs said none of them were allowed to, but they would have been keen to if allowed. What's the go there?

Charman
24-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I have often wondered why Uni students are not targetted as it is pretty decent coin for a couple of games. Sorry not so much thread related but the topic is in discussion. I would do it and maybe i wil one day but playing res and coaching first means I best not spend any more time on football or I find a new home.

Buddha
24-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Simba and Stocko. Reserves finished 4-0. Scoreline very flattering, should probably have been more but good last ditch defending and good goalkeeping including penalty save helped keep it to a respectable score, simba won a penalty real early and was put away. After that Stocko held out for the rest of the game until the last 10 minutes.

outsider
24-03-2014, 06:20 PM
What I don't understand is last season at westlakes we had no refs for our ids game yet 3 for our all age game. All age were happy to let one, two or even three refs take ids instead and the refs said none of them were allowed to, but they would have been keen to if allowed. What's the go there?

They had probably been appointed to the all age game by Macquarie referees branch and had to do the game appointed to.Cannot just decide to go and do a senior game for more money-need to make themselves available to be appointed to senior games or carry out the game they have been allocated.Would be like players from a particular team just deciding to play for another team at the same ground-not allowed by association rules.

Drunken ranger
24-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Doesn't stop the simba boys from doing it lol

eggball convert
24-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Cannot just decide to go and do a senior game for more money-need to make themselves available to be appointed to senior games or carry out the game they have been allocated.

Agree with your point but it actually could have been less money. All age games are worth more than a ressies centre so the financial reward for doing the arguably harder game really isn't there which seems a bit out of place.
(edit: 1sts centre is actually a bit more than an all age a grade)

sharky21
26-03-2014, 11:15 AM
So with just over a week out from round one fixtures iv decided to break my own rule and have a prediction on the top four at least.

Top four no order
Tenambit ( because I'm biased)
Simba ( strong last year and I believe will be again this year)
Dudley (hearing good results from them)
Kurri ( my roughie for the four. Know the coach well i expect them to be more consistent then last year. Plus no doubt the players they just picked up from the old Swifts team will boost there squad)

Charman
26-03-2014, 12:10 PM
So with just over a week out from round one fixtures iv decided to break my own rule and have a prediction on the top four at least.

Top four no order
Tenambit ( because I'm biased)
Simba ( strong last year and I believe will be again this year)
Dudley (hearing good results from them)
Kurri ( my roughie for the four. Know the coach well i expect them to be more consistent then last year. Plus no doubt the players they just picked up from the old Swifts team will boost there squad)

I'm not bold enough to make predictions 1st yr in but I would be happy with that Sharky21! Cooks Hill? Must be highly considered.

sharky21
26-03-2014, 12:34 PM
I'm not bold enough to make predictions 1st yr in but I would be happy with that Sharky21! Cooks Hill? Must be highly considered.
Yeah I'm not counting anyone out just trying to get a bit of chat going leading up to round one. And seeing everyone else opinion.

Giges
26-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Cooks Hill
Simba
Tenambit
Kurri Kurri

Dudley
RAAF
Mayfield

outsider
26-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Agree with your point but it actually could have been less money. All age games are worth more than a ressies centre so the financial reward for doing the arguably harder game really isn't there which seems a bit out of place.
(edit: 1sts centre is actually a bit more than an all age a grade)

The main point is that they would have been appointed to the all age fixture and are required to do that appointment.End of story.

sharky21
26-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Cooks Hill
Simba
Tenambit
Kurri Kurri

Dudley
RAAF
Mayfield
1-7 predictions or just top 4 bottom 3?

anfield
27-03-2014, 12:40 PM
RAAF were only beaten 3-0 in state cup by UNI ZPL. Thats pretty impressive, they will be in the top 3 teams of ZPL.
So therefore RAAF may suprise. Dudley will finish top 4.

ManUTDSupporter
27-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Hard to judge based on trials and State cup. Never know when higher teams field their best team etc. I know I wouldn't if coaching Uni Zpl against RAAF.
Also, Tenambit 1st played terrace reserves and won 2-1. Mayfield played the same terrace reserves and beat terrace at least 5-1. Very hard to judge.
Kurri always dig deep.
Mayfield had too many players, so they could be very strong with so many numbers and only using second rate team in state cup.
Simba and cooks hill are always top 4 or 5, with no stocko or bero they should be top 3.

Drunken ranger
27-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Wrong 3-1 it was against the terrace I would Believe tenanbit were missing players but mayfield will surprise a few very different team to last year in the mayfield game we (terrace) played terrible they have git a few handy players there

ManUTDSupporter
27-03-2014, 10:50 PM
That cousin of mine said it was 5-1, need to have a word to him.
That's my point, cant really rely on trials or cup games for evidence.
Stocko lost in State cup rd1 to Tenambit, I believe they will be in the top half of ZL2 this year.

Giges
28-03-2014, 11:50 AM
1-7 predictions or just top 4 bottom 3?

That was my 1-7 prediction. But who knows??

I think Cooks Hill, Simba and Tenambit will have strong seasons but unfortunately for Mayfield I cant see them finishing too far from the bottom.
I know nothing about the other 3 sides

I guess we will all know more come August....

Buddha
28-03-2014, 09:55 PM
im telling you now, RAAF will be dark horses. You gotta remember they get blokes from everywhere and are quite handy

Roberju
29-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Anyone got trials this weekend?

reddevil17
30-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Mayfield today down 3-2 vs id2 champs charlestown but hey right us off early..... im happy as under dogs

reddevil17
30-03-2014, 08:38 PM
im telling you now, RAAF will be dark horses. You gotta remember they get blokes from everywhere and are quite handy

Raaf were rubbish in state cup as were zpl uni it was the worst fixture at the gardens. They are small unfit and appauling was description I was given

Reds Forever
30-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Raaf were rubbish in state cup as were zpl uni it was the worst fixture at the gardens. They are small unfit and appauling was description I was given

That coming from Mayfield who lost to Dungogs All age/over 35s.

State Cup first round is a bit hit and miss as it is most teams first match for the year.

Giges
31-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Mayfield today down 3-2 vs id2 champs charlestown but hey right us off early..... im happy as under dogs

Mayfield's State Cup result (losing to Dungog AA or 35's or whoever they were) along with their poor results in previous seasons is why I had them at the bottom
I've got no other info on them or nothing against them, it would be good to see them have a strong year for once.

Feel free to list your own predictions.

russjaybee
31-03-2014, 09:44 AM
I'll be keeping a keen eye on this comp :popcorn:

anfield
31-03-2014, 03:21 PM
One of our guys heard raaf training twice a week and bringing in all different types of coaches for different sessons. Fitness coaches etc, anyone that trains more then once a week would want to finish top 4.

sharky21
31-03-2014, 03:52 PM
anyone that trains more then once a week would want to finish top 4.
Really?? I figured that would be the norm for any team competing in this comp. Once a week sounds like all age kick about to me!!

sharky21
31-03-2014, 03:56 PM
id2 champs charlestown
You obviously mean Gf winners they finished 3rd 11 points off the id2 champs ( musswellbrook) and got into the top 4 by 1 point.

ManUTDSupporter
31-03-2014, 06:44 PM
arrrhh yes Russ, myself too. Only I will be getting the 'best seat' some weeks.

pv4
31-03-2014, 06:46 PM
You obviously mean Gf winners they finished 3rd 11 points off the id2 champs ( musswellbrook) and got into the top 4 by 1 point.

First = premiers
Grand final winners = champions

anfield
31-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Last time I checked none of our guys are getting paid to play. One ZPL team I know of only training once a week. Like I said, pressure on teams that train twice a week. You would want to make semis.

The roosta
01-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Hurry up Saturday

Leftback at Home
01-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Training once a week would be good - life has caught up with me & training is no longer an option, so sadly looks like football wont be either.

sharky21
01-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Last time I checked none of our guys are getting paid to play. One ZPL team I know of only training once a week. Like I said, pressure on teams that train twice a week. You would want to make semis.

Im not sure there is any added pressure on the teams who train twice a week. I think if you were to ask most clubs how many nights a week they trained most would answer two some even three. But really it does come down to what ever suits the players at our club, but yeah I don't think there is any added pressure.

Charman
01-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Training once a week would be good - life has caught up with me & training is no longer an option, so sadly looks like football wont be either.

We made the call to train once a week and average 26 guys out of 31 every session. Guys life commitments means they are happy with this setup. This means training is enjoyable and more importantly the games are eagerly anticipated. It is a fairly lengthy season and we see this as maintaining higher enthusiasm for the full season. This is how we have so many guys so keen, it is not ZPL it is ZPL3, big diff. We will see come comp time of course.

Leftback at Home
01-04-2014, 10:59 AM
My thoughts are that NBN should train 3x a week, Newfm & ZPL 2x, and the rest could get away with 1 (maybe 2). Life balance being the main reason, a long season with less then ideal recovery practices means less stress on injuries, better attendance with better attitudes towards training. Greater mental freashness for games & training. Lets face it at this level guys are not going to improve a great deal skill wise with extra sessions, nor will the get any fitter then if they treated themselves to a 30-45min cardio session during the week when the time suits them.

The roosta
01-04-2014, 01:07 PM
I do agree if you do a long pre season and train 2 nights a week then have to play a long season like the one we have now guys can loose interest especially if your getting beat week in week out
On the other hand I also see it though if you have a group of guys willing to put in the hard yards I think most weeks you will get the reward on the weekend
I think the 2 nights also helps the coaches decide on teams and allows players another night to show up incase of work
I guess everyone's pre season and training schedule will show in the coming weeks if teams are doing enough

anfield
01-04-2014, 01:41 PM
A few of our guys wanted to train only once a week, otherwise they would still be playing at a higher level. Hence the reason of playing id3's. I heard one team training 3 times a week, serious!

Keeping squad reasonably fresh before weekend games important, especially if you have guys in their 30's or 40's. As stated in a previous msg big different between Zpl and id3.

anfield
01-04-2014, 01:43 PM
No pressure. But if we trained 2 times a week, im sure expectations would be high. Would be dissapointing if you didnt perform

russjaybee
01-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Lol this is a silly topic in my opinion.

Every team is different, unless you know exactly where they stand at the start of the season how can you say whether there is pressure on a team or not? Consider a team made up of young players coming straight out of junior football with little to no experience at seniour level, even all age.

If they were training 2 times a week would you still say there is pressure for them to come top 4 etc?

Training twice a week might be the difference between coming last and being whipping boys and coming 5th/6th and being competitive in preparation for next year. In the end all teams are different and some may just be out for a social kick around at a level higher than AA, others may actually want to progress their team and move them forward.

People that say "oh you train 2 or 3 times a week, you have pressure to succeed then" are often the same ones that fall back on to the fact they only train once a week as an excuse for poor performances.
At this level if you're training multiple times a week your "success" should be based on improvement, not necessarily whether you win the comp.

The roosta
02-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Hopefully the predicted rain stays away or rnd 1 will be a 4th Wednesday night game

The roosta
04-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Any predictions for the first round

sharky21
04-04-2014, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=The roosta;73981]Any predictions for the first round[/QUOTE
Cooks Hill V Bye
Simba V Mayfield
Raaf V Dudley Draw
Kurri V Tenambit

The roosta
04-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Cooks hill
Simba by 3
Raaf by 1
Kurri by 2

sharky21
04-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Kurri V Tenambit OFF not how I wanted to start the season with a catch up game away

hawk
04-04-2014, 09:30 PM
I do agree if you do a long pre season and train 2 nights a week then have to play a long season like the one we have now guys can loose interest especially if your getting beat week in week out
On the other hand I also see it though if you have a group of guys willing to put in the hard yards I think most weeks you will get the reward on the weekend
I think the 2 nights also helps the coaches decide on teams and allows players another night to show up incase of work
I guess everyone's pre season and training schedule will show in the coming weeks if teams are doing enough

some players need to get their ass down to training at least twice a week. you know who they are, the inexperienced, ones who cant use both feet, the lazy's :deadhorse::roflz:

Buddha
05-04-2014, 11:04 AM
One of our guys heard raaf training twice a week and bringing in all different types of coaches for different sessons. Fitness coaches etc, anyone that trains more then once a week would want to finish top 4.

No need to bring a fitness coach when we have them on base! ;)

sharky21
05-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Are all other games still going ahead?

anfield
05-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Raaf v dudley
1st grade 0-0
Reserves 1-1
Very impressed with raaf, great performance by us (dudley) in both grades considering we had 8 out.

sharky21
05-04-2014, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=The roosta;73981]Any predictions for the first round[/QUOTE
Cooks Hill V Bye
Simba V Mayfield
Raaf V Dudley Draw
Kurri V Tenambit
So far so good for my tips for round 1 just need my team to win catch up game

Thomas477
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Thought you might have some trouble with the cooks hill game sharkey.

eggball convert
05-04-2014, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=sharky21;73987]
So far so good for my tips for round 1 just need my team to win catch up game

Do some reconnaissance at the TAFE today or heard the score from a contact? It was simba 1-0 if anyone was wondering, plenty of positives for mayfield though.

Mahk
06-04-2014, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=sharky21;74150]

Do some reconnaissance at the TAFE today or heard the score from a contact? It was simba 1-0 if anyone was wondering, plenty of positives for mayfield though.

Almost was 1-1... that shot that bounced sideways of the post...

I can see Mayfield being promoted. That the best I've seen Simba play all pre-season. Those Mayfield players should be feeling proud, well at least the 1st graders :D

Simba cannot score unless its on the counter attack. Mayfield 1st grade constructed a brick wall that Simba could not get through. When Simba did score, it was on the counter and I think mayfield keeper was feeling tired (2 games) because he chose not to dive...

Reserve grade:
Simba 4 or 5 (in the first half) - 0 Mayfield

sharky21
06-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Thought you might have some trouble with the cooks hill game sharkey.
was a tough one to call the bye are a tough opponent. I always seem to end up with a headache the day after playing them.

sharky21
06-04-2014, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=sharky21;74150]

Do some reconnaissance at the TAFE today or heard the score from a contact? It was simba 1-0 if anyone was wondering, plenty of positives for mayfield though. I was planning on heading out to watch but my 5 year old put her foot down. So I heard it on the grape vine this week.

Deck
09-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Predictions for this weekend???

Kurri kurri have the bye.
Tenambit vs Mayfield
Dudley vs Cooks Hill
RAAF vs Simba

Buddha
09-04-2014, 09:27 PM

Tenambit vs Mayfield
Dudley vs Cooks Hill
RAAF vs Simba
In bold

sharky21
09-04-2014, 10:32 PM

Tenambit vs Mayfield
Dudley vs Cooks Hill
RAAF vs Simba

Tenambit V Mayfield
Dudley V Cooks Hill Draw
Raaf V Simba

eggball convert
10-04-2014, 01:30 AM

Tenambit vs Mayfield
Dudley vs Cooks Hill
RAAF vs Simba

Kurri
Mayfield
Cooks Hill
Draw

The roosta
10-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Bye
Tenambit
Cooks hill
Simba

controlzone
10-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Mayfield
Cooks hill
Simba

onlooker
10-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Tenambit
Cooks Hill
Draw

Mahk
10-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Bye
Tenambit
Cooks Hill
Simba

Charman
11-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Mayfield
Dudley
RAAF

anfield
11-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Looks like not many give us (dudley)a chance.
Tenambit by at least 2.
Raaf by 1.

The roosta
11-04-2014, 03:28 PM
I only picked cooks hill based off last year they were a fair side and don't know to much about you guys or the raaf but good luck and hopefully the new teams add some more competition in this league

sharky21
12-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Tenambit V Mayfield
Res 2-0 Tenambit
First 3-2 Tenambit

anfield
12-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Dudley v cooks hill
First grade dudley 0 cooks hill 2
Reggies dudley 0 cooks hill 7

Buddha
13-04-2014, 09:18 AM
RAAF v Simba

Raaf 1-0 Ressies
Raaf 4-1 1sts

anfield
13-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Looks like cooks hill, raaf and tenambit out of the blocks early on. Having played both raaf and cooks hill already, both have been impressive.
I can see why many tipped cooks hill. If they put the same team on park as they did yesterday, Then they will be hard to beat. Even to take points off. Cooks hill reggies looked class too.

Mahk
13-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Tenambit scored a last minute accidental goal, that was a bad cross turn goal.

sharky21
13-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Tenambit scored a last minute accidental goal, that was a bad cross turn goal.
Yep didn't play anywhere near as good as we could and should play and yes the.third goal was a cross come shot. But Hay a wins a win still 3 points in the bag. The thing to remember is we will get better alot better.

The roosta
22-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Round 1 catch up game tonight
Kurri v tenambit
Should be a good test as its our first game together for the year every trial we had sorted was washed out so were keen as hell for a game
I'm picking kurri to win 2 - 1

Drunken ranger
22-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Round 1 catch up game tonight
Kurri v tenambit
Should be a good test as its our first game together for the year every trial we had sorted was washed out so were keen as hell for a game
I'm picking kurri to win 2 - 1

I think tenambit might just have it over you's ATM especially if you's haven't played together yet

Deck
22-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Kurri vs Tenambit will definitely be a quality match.
I predict Tenambit by 2.

What's everyone's predictions for round 3?

Kurri Kurri vs mayfield
Cooks hill vs Simba
RAAF vs Tenambit

sharky21
22-04-2014, 11:03 PM
Kurri V Tenambit
Res
1-1
First
2-2
Half time 1-1 tenambit down to ten men early in second half cracking freekick cleaning the cobwebs out of the top corner. Then it was history repeating with tenambit grabbing a late goal.(thankfully not as late as last time).
Great show of respect at the start of both games for the miners who lost there life with a minute silence.

Also hope old mate with the bung shoulder is ok.

The roosta
23-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Was a good game last night both teams having a go at each other played at a good pace as well
Both teams unlucky not to pinch a few more goals during the game our keeper again saving us with some awesome saves especially in the second half
Pretty happy with how we played considering it was our first game together still a few more players to come in as well
Hopefully we put it together again on Saturday
And was a good show of respect at the start with the minute silence

The roosta
24-04-2014, 01:21 PM
This weekends predictions
Kurri v mayfield - kurri
Cooks hill v Simba. - cooks hill
Raaf v tenambit - draw

onlooker
24-04-2014, 03:03 PM
This weekends predictions
Kurri v mayfield - kurri
Cooks hill v Simba. - cooks hill
Raaf v tenambit - draw

Im going to predict a round of draws for this week.

The roosta
26-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Anyone get a game today

Sharkattack
26-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Well done to Toronto on not getting a team this year.

Hotline
26-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Well done to Toronto on not getting a team this year. .

Strong words Sharkattack. Any reason for making the post now?

Retro Jet
26-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Cooks Hill v Simba
Athfield
1st C/Hill 2 v Simba 1
Res C/Hill 1 v Simba 2