PDA

View Full Version : The Music Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

The Dunster
31-07-2019, 05:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HquRIGE6zDA

Standing on the shoulders of giants and all that.....

You could not give away a Gibson Les Paul or a Marshall amp before this recording came out in 1966 - then everyone wanted one.

Jetmaster
31-07-2019, 05:32 PM
True story - my son came home one day earlier in the year and announced he had tickets to see John Mayall.

I start falling over myself wanting one, in disbelief the old legend would do a show.

I ask where and he says Qudos, with me thinking surely Lizotte's would host an 85 year old legend.

I ask again and hear...."John Mayer" - my bloody old man hearing!!

The Dunster
31-07-2019, 06:04 PM
John Mayer is a great guitarist - but his music and fan base [no offence] is not for me.

Macca
01-08-2019, 08:14 AM
John Mayer is a great guitarist - but his music and fan base [no offence] is not for me.

I haven't listened to most of his recent stuff and don't have much inclination to - but if you haven't heard it you should check out the Live in LA recorded show which is up in full on youtube. I came to like a fair few of the songs from that set (although a lot of the album versions I'm not as into)

plague
01-08-2019, 08:37 AM
If John Mayer released a spoken word album of stories about all the hot sorts hes smashed the back end out of it would be the biggest selling album in history and id buy 3 copies.

Bon
01-08-2019, 09:06 AM
yew Open Air Gränichen this weekend.. little festival here in switzerland about 3500 people per day...

with the best bar to work at - Antifaschistisches Pfeffistübli (shot of choice - pepperment schnapps)
-Enter Shikari
-Skindred
-Thy art is Murder
-Caliban
-Sick of It All
-ZSK
-Less than Jake
-Ignite
-After Burial
-Siberian Meat Grinder
-Vale Tudo

To name a few.

https://www.openairgraenichen.ch/

Good stuff mate!
You working or partying there?

Can't believe how well Thy Art Is Murder are doing these days.. Absolutely crushing it over in Europe and US..

Sick Of It All would be my pick of all the bands to go and see..

Grimario
01-08-2019, 11:59 AM

My favourite track of his is Comfortable from his debut EP. Just him, a guitar and some well done lyrics, reminiscing about a lost love.

Life of the party
And she swears that she's artsy
But you could distinguish Miles from Coltrain
and

She thinks I can't see the smile that she's faking
The poses for pictures that aren't being taken

I think his lyrics don't get the appreciation they sometimes deserve, lost in the cheesy pop that made him huge. I've very much drifted away from him over the last 10 or so years though. The whole writing battle love and break up ballads after his split with Taylor Swift, the voice box issues and then the country twang in the stuff after that is not my thing.

furns
02-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Meanwhile............ :rolleyes:

In real music news Tool finally join the present and their back catalogue (the major stuff anyway) will be available on streaming this Saturday.
New album out Aug 30th and is titled Fear Inoculum. Fingers crossed it's worth the 13 year wait ffs

Bon
05-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Meanwhile............ :rolleyes:

In real music news Tool finally join the present and their back catalogue (the major stuff anyway) will be available on streaming this Saturday.
New album out Aug 30th and is titled Fear Inoculum. Fingers crossed it's worth the 13 year wait ffs

Yeah... I'm excited but cautious at the same time.. (I haven't listened to any of the leaked live songs yet, trying to save it for the whole album at once..)
I wasn't a huge fan of 10000 Days.. While i would still consider it ok, it felt like it was just a bit of a drawn out artsy mess, songs being made unnecessarily long just cause they could be..
13 years is a long time to wait between new music, and I am afraid that its just not going to live up to the hype.. (I have no doubt it will still be classified as amazing though, as there are enough die-hard Tool/Maynard fans that will take anything that is offered and declare it as gospel - sort of like Mike Patton fans)

In summary, I'm hoping for another Undertow, not another album of 11 minute songs of the same note played artistically....
Also, I'm pretty excited, I've got Aenema arriving on vinyl this week... :woo:

goaliepersempre
05-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Good stuff mate!
You working or partying there?

Can't believe how well Thy Art Is Murder are doing these days.. Absolutely crushing it over in Europe and US..

A bit of both haha... a group of mates are always working at a bar there, part of the committee etc president is a good mate etc Everyone are volunteers, - payment = free beer.

Yeah thy art is murder were the last band to play on Saturday night... pretty big performance.

Sick of it All on friday were real good. German Left wing Punk bad ZSK drew a big crowd, (Smoke and Flares in the crowd haha)

Crazy Weekend... Absolutley dead now...

idontwannaplaywithhowey
05-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Would kill it on a small stage ( or tent stage) at a festy... amazing energy those gents...

sammydog
05-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Yeah... I'm excited but cautious at the same time.. (I haven't listened to any of the leaked live songs yet, trying to save it for the whole album at once..)
I wasn't a huge fan of 10000 Days.. While i would still consider it ok, it felt like it was just a bit of a drawn out artsy mess, songs being made unnecessarily long just cause they could be..
13 years is a long time to wait between new music, and I am afraid that its just not going to live up to the hype.. (I have no doubt it will still be classified as amazing though, as there are enough die-hard Tool/Maynard fans that will take anything that is offered and declare it as gospel - sort of like Mike Patton fans)

In summary, I'm hoping for another Undertow, not another album of 11 minute songs of the same note played artistically....

Tool for me peaked during the Aenima tour in 96/97. Over flowing bar on the hill show, possibly one of the greatest gigs Ive ever been to. Still got the poster and set list.

All down hill from there as the venues got bigger.

Was on a dive trip on the barrier reef a few weeks later and the sound guy was on the boat with us. He was saying tool were pissed at the venue when they turned up for soundcheck asking who booked them to play a cafeteria. By the end of the show they were set to do an encore which they never do.........the freaking bass amp blew and they didn't come back on.

furns
08-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Title track from Fear Inoculum now available for purchase/streaming. Havent listened yet, Im in a similar boat to Bon - not sure if I want to listen until the whole album is available.

goaliepersempre
08-08-2019, 04:09 PM
https://www.openairgraenichen.ch/fotos-2019/

Fotos from the festival...

Frodo
09-08-2019, 10:45 AM

Title track is 11 mins long and definitely feels like it. Would be an amazing 6 min song.

As for you comments about die hard fans, our mate Ham is drilling it down the boys throat as if it's the second coming.

Bon
09-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Title track is 11 mins long and definitely feels like it. Would be an amazing 6 min song.

As for you comments about die hard fans, our mate Ham is drilling it down the boys throat as if it's the second coming.

Old Hamwise Gamgee.. Hahaha.. I knew he would be frothing up like a blue-swimmer out of water..

I gave 10000 Days another listening in the work truck yesterday (probably been 10 years since I last listened) and was trying to put my finger on what exactly it is about it that I didn't love back in the day..
Yes, there are long songs, but it actually wasn't as average as I was remembering.. The bass was brilliant, and Danny Carey is insane on the percussion..
It's not necessarily a bad thing, but a LOT of the songs sounded the same and a lot seemed to start and finish very similarly..
But that wasn't my issue..

I came to the conclusion that its Maynard's vocals..
There is a lot of melody in there (once again, not necessarily a bad thing), but it just reminds me of his A Perfect Circle stuff and is totally different than most of the early Tool albums' vocals..
It didn't feel like there was much feeling or passion in it, like the old stuff..

The Dunster
09-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Yesterday I listened to Ladies of the Canyon - Joni Mitchell. She really pushed the bar with her songs and guitar tunings.

Tool fans probably know this but she was a massive influence on Maynard Keenan and a host of others famous artists as well.

The Dunster
13-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Content aside does the piss poor quality of recordings over the last 30 years or so bother people ?

Iron Maiden re-released their studio albums and they are essentially unlistenable.

No wonder CD is dead when record companies refuse to maximise its potential.

plague
13-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Iron Maiden re-released their studio albums and they are essentially unlistenable.

wait, there was a time when Iron Maiden was considered 'listenable'?

The Dunster
13-08-2019, 03:17 PM
wait, there was a time when Iron Maiden was considered 'listenable'?

Their recordings were always great - even if you didn't like the content - the mixes and mastering was always top notch.

plague
13-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Their recordings were always great - even if you didn't like the content - the mixes and mastering was always top notch.

you can twist and turn the knobs and dials all you like but to my ears that shit is always gonna sound like to cats ****ing.

Bon
13-08-2019, 03:52 PM
you can twist and turn the knobs and dials all you like but to my ears that shit is always gonna sound like to cats ****ing.

Blasphemy!!!!
I'm with Dunster on this one.. (obviously)

The Dunster
13-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Blasphemy!!!!
I'm with Dunster on this one.. (obviously)

I saw them at the Hordern Pavillion in 1985 [$20 a ticket]- about a week or so after I saw Queen [$25] at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

Maiden also played The Civic in Newcastle on the following night but unfortunately I didn't make it back in time.

Bon
13-08-2019, 05:06 PM
I saw them at the Hordern Pavillion in 1985 [$20 a ticket]- about a week or so after I saw Queen [$25] at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

Maiden also played The Civic in Newcastle on the following night but unfortunately I didn't make it back in time.

Oh man... In their prime!!!
I only got to see Maiden at Acer Arena (I think it was still called then) back in 2008... Still, they put on a bloody good show, Dicko was running everywhere like a madman..

The Dunster
21-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Just put on Alchemy Dire Straits. Could be the best live album ever released - it's definitely the best thing Dire Straits ever did.

Other live albums that come to mind are:

Slade Alive
Deep Purple Made in Japan
The Who Live at Leeds
Kiss Alive

Jetmaster
21-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Just put on Alchemy Dire Straits. Could be the best live album ever released - it's definitely the best thing Dire Straits ever did.

Other live albums that come to mind are:

Slade Alive
Deep Purple Made in Japan
The Who Live at Leeds
Kiss Alive

Brilliant selection - don't have Kiss Alive but know how derivative it is of the Slade version mentioned up top, the only one of those bands I regretfully have not seen live despite owning their complete catalogue.

The Dunster
22-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Slade are probably the most successful British band that pretty much nobody under 50 has heard of.
17 top 20 singles and six number ones in the UK when the Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Kinks, and a host of others were all at their peak.
They pretty much started Glam Rock and both Punk and Grunge are heavily in debt to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QlsqyxUkro

Grimario
22-08-2019, 06:00 PM
You lot are more universal in your music than me...

What the **** is the appeal with Belle & Sebastian? Is it because they are inoffensive and barely music?

Jetmaster
22-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Slade were the biggest band in this country for a short period 1972/3. Top 2 or 3 singles and albums when they toured. Check out live at Randwick Racecourse on Youtube to gauge how big.
Their greatest songs are well known and their Christmas song is in the top 3 of all time. Great songwriting team with incredible variety, even acted in their own movie.
All coming through the amazing voice of Noddy Holder...the greatest of the rock screamers, it was no wonder ACDC wanted him before Brian. Just check out the start of any live version of "Get Down Get With It".

The Dunster
22-08-2019, 07:19 PM
You lot are more universal in your music than me...

What the **** is the appeal with Belle & Sebastian? Is it because they are inoffensive and barely music?

It's sad bastard music for the emos and the cutters.

Grimario
22-08-2019, 07:41 PM
It's sad bastard music for the emos and the cutters.

I like sad music. It just sounds like nothing music. People talking in a tuneful voice, not actually singing. Boring, unobtrusive music. Bland as ****. Nothing emo sounding in the album I was forced to listen to... just big **** off boringness.

In good music... I have been revisiting Ayreon. What a convoluted master piece that collection of work is.

plague
22-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Taylor Swift breaking up with boyfriends and listening to Mazzy Star records, comes up with another good piece of pop music.

The Dunster
23-08-2019, 10:32 AM
In good music... I have been revisiting Ayreon. What a convoluted master piece that collection of work is.

Genesis - Selling England By the Pound

Pretty sure you will like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmf6dbX-8rg

Grimario
23-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Bit of a Jethro Tull vibe to it.

Bon
23-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Awesome..

Actually, I saw that Martin Barre is playing at the Small Ballroom on Nov 21.. Celebrating 50 years of Jethro Tull..

Grimario
23-08-2019, 11:34 AM
Devy is playing Seymour Centre in 3 weeks. An Evening With... style solo show before he embarks on his world wide tour.

Am pumped. Excellent birthday present to me.

Grimario
23-08-2019, 11:52 AM

Not just a bit of a vibe... little bit in The Battle of Epping Forest that sounds like it's lifted straight from Thick as a Brick.

The Dunster
23-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Not just a bit of a vibe... little bit in The Battle of Epping Forest that sounds like it's lifted straight from Thick as a Brick.

Wouldn't be the first band to lift something from Jethro Tull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgO7MamJnqM

Grimario
23-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't be the first band to lift something from Jethro Tull.

Anderson answered an interview question on that which is pretty much the concept for an Arjen Anthony Lucassen song.

]
It's difficult to find a chord sequence that hasn't been used, and hasn't been the focus of lots of pieces of music. It's harmonic progression is almost a mathematical certainty you're gonna crop up with the same thing sooner or later if you sit strumming a few chords on a guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx3by7ZaaZA

The Dunster
23-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Anderson answered an interview question on that which is pretty much the concept for an Arjen Anthony Lucassen song.

]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx3by7ZaaZA

Umm. The Eagles played on the same bill as Tull when they were playing this song. Hotel California came later.
Anyone that plays knows Felder lifted this riff for Hotel California - it's blatant.
The recorded / famous version of Hotel California you know is in B Minor - but the original demo of Hotel California is in E Minor the same as this Tull song.
It's not a simple case of a chord progression - it's modal as well.
Unfortunately, the truth in these matters gets buried by who ever has the most money for legal representation.

Grimario
23-08-2019, 12:56 PM
I would have thought Ian Anderson talking about it would be a pretty decent comment on it, but I guess not.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jethro-tull-hotel-california/

The Dunster
23-08-2019, 01:14 PM
I would have thought Ian Anderson talking about it would be a pretty decent comment on it, but I guess not.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jethro-tull-hotel-california/

Anderson has been making that speech for 40 years. It can be either taken as him not thinking Felder copied them or that he thinks they did but doesn't want to go down that road - so just has a poke at it being a "tribute".

The only issue really is that Felder was not with the Eagles when they toured with Tull - but he could have been in the audience.
Felder has also said he's never listened to Jethro Tull - and only knows of them as a band with a guy on flute.

I don't believe him.

Jetmaster
24-08-2019, 11:56 AM
You can never pin down who is telling the truth in these plagiarism rumours. I'm sure some do a blatant ripoff, but there would be some where the sound comes from the subconscious and they think they came up with the tune. McCartney thought for days he had heard "Yesterday" somewhere before and was worried about copyright.

It is the ridiculous ones that make the news - "My Sweet Lord" , "Down Under". "Last Christmas". But there are some truly obvious ripoffs where nothing gets done.

Bon
02-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Ok, so now that the new Tool album is officially out..
What's peoples thoughts?

I still haven't listened to ANY of it yet.. Trying to find the time to sit down and listen properly..
I have read/heard a LOT of mixed reviews though..

sammydog
02-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Ok, so now that the new Tool album is officially out..
What's peoples thoughts?

I still haven't listened to ANY of it yet.. Trying to find the time to sit down and listen properly..
I have read/heard a LOT of mixed reviews though..

I love Tool, but after my first listen it not hearing the hype.

It's a really well produced album, but its not really anything thats massively different to what they have already put out. Long story short, its a Tool album and they haven't changed.

I reserve the right to change my mind on this review once I have listened with headphones and given it a few more spins. Could be the album is a slow burner.......which is normally for me are the albums I keep going back to.

Grimario
02-09-2019, 01:39 PM
It sounds like Tool. It's completely undifferent to everything else they have done, is unmistakably them and if it hadn't taken 13 years to come out and been behind this massive wave of hype, the overwhelming response would be "this is like all your other shit".

One of the ambient sounding tracks legit sounds like the noise strips on the side of the freeway. We were driving up to Muswellbrook on the weekend and I didn't realise that was the music... thought my mate had fallen asleep at the wheel and was veering off the road.

furns
02-09-2019, 06:22 PM
The more I listen the more I like it, personally. Its definately more Lateralus/10,000 than Aenima/Undertow though so if you're looking for the latter experience you'll be disappointed.

pv4
10-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Apart from hearing a snippet of a 20min instrumental in my past, I've never listened to Tool before.

But I just listened to their new album and enjoyed it.

One of my favourite musicians is Ian Kenny, and I was surprised how similar Tool's singer sounded to him at times. I can def vibe when Kenny has his way in Birds of Tokyo or moreso Karnivool where his inspiration comes from.

I'm sure Tool fans will despise me saying this but I got a lot of good vibes from this new album from other albums I like such as a lot of Karnivool, I vibed a fair bit of the more raw Muse stuff, and I even picked up a massive Frogstomp vibe which is still one of my favourite albums of all time not just musically but also contextually.

tl;dr after never listening to Tool before I was surprised how much I enjoyed the new album. One part of one track can only be described as they were euthanizing pigeons :rof: but I did love how much fun they seemed to have at times experimenting with sounds.

plague
10-09-2019, 12:42 PM
I'm sure Tool fans will despise me saying this but I got a lot of good vibes from this new album from other albums I like such as a lot of Karnivool, I vibed a fair bit of the more raw Muse stuff, and I even picked up a massive Frogstomp vibe which is still one of my favourite albums of all time not just musically but also contextually.

MFKS is at home fuming he didnt come up with a paragraph so ****ingly brilliant.
well played.

The Dunster
10-09-2019, 01:08 PM
Tool are excellent musicians and that hasn't changed. But once the cheques start rolling in it's very hard to write the same type and quality of songs that made you famous in the first place.
Rolling Stones as an example really have nothing of note written after 1972 - but on stage they can still hold their own even now.
Tool are no different, their best work will always be live in front of an audience now rather than in a studio.

But as a business who knows. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin somehow managed to still sell albums after 1975 - so anything is possible I guess.

The Dunster
10-09-2019, 01:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JD6ejmlpa8

I have no issue admitting I think this is brilliant.

baldrick
10-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Someone should let Dunster know his account has been hacked

redwah
10-09-2019, 08:42 PM
Someone should let Dunster know his account has been hacked

Was it you. You have this on permanent repeat in your office....well at least there’s a noise that equally annoying :yap::wink:

Grimario
11-09-2019, 04:54 PM
DEVY in two days. Some reports/reviews/blogs from other shows around the country suggest I am in for a 3.5 hour treat.

Bon
11-09-2019, 04:57 PM
DEVY in two days. Some reports/reviews/blogs from other shows around the country suggest I am in for a 3.5 hour treat.

Wow... That is impressive!!
Which venue?
(I know he has the new album out, but does he only play songs from that particular band or does he do songs from some of his other ones too?)

The Dunster
11-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Enmore Theatre would be my guess.

Edit: York Theatre University of Sydney.

Grim will have a blast. Should be a great show.

Grimario
11-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Enmore Theatre would be my guess.
You guessed wrong. He was there last time when it was the full Devin Townsend Project tour for Transcendence but this time it's at the Seymour Centre.

Wow... That is impressive!!
Which venue?
(I know he has the new album out, but does he only play songs from that particular band or does he do songs from some of his other ones too?)

He's on his An Evening With... tour at the moment. It's just him and a guitar, apparently. He did a mini-acoustic set at the Enmore show in 2017 and that was ace. 3 and a bit hours of that sounds excellent.

He is planning an album tour for Empath kicking off with European league in November and December. Not 100% sure on the details but I am pretty sure he is doing a full band entire discography tour... basically headlining and supporting his own mini music festival with solo, DTP, DTB and SYL stuff.

Grimario
12-09-2019, 02:43 PM
Could probably go in the celeb death thread but Daniel Johnston being dead is probably more musically relevant than Roger Moore dying for the 007th time.

Grimario
13-09-2019, 05:37 PM
This is probably the song that first got me into Devy. And even then, it wasn't till years later that I really GOT him.

I hope he plays it tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvyE2uUEkXI

Skirt Boy
13-09-2019, 06:07 PM

I have multiple issues.

1. Why would multi-millionaires, one of whom is shacked up with Beckham be living in council flats?
2. They didn't really have each other did they?
3. Why would such a successful band that makes millions selling to kids be singing to a crowd of ten at the local pensioner meeting?

Seriously this is like music videos of supposed hard rockers jamming hard............But they forget to have the guitars and amps hooked to power..............

The Dunster
13-09-2019, 06:21 PM
I have multiple issues.

1. Why would multi-millionaires, one of whom is shacked up with Beckham be living in council flats?
2. They didn't really have each other did they?
3. Why would such a successful band that makes millions selling to kids be singing to a crowd of ten at the local pensioner meeting?

Seriously this is like music videos of supposed hard rockers jamming hard............But they forget to have the guitars and amps hooked to power..............

ffs. Next you will be saying Citizen Kane is a better movie than Spice World.

Grimario
14-09-2019, 12:14 AM
Well, that was ****ing awesome.

The Dunster
14-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Well, that was ****ing awesome.

He's a great musician and in a small setting like that it would be hard to beat.
Was it all acoustic or was there a bit of electric guitar as well?

Grimario
14-09-2019, 03:53 PM
He's a great musician and in a small setting like that it would be hard to beat.
Was it all acoustic or was there a bit of electric guitar as well?

All acoustic. Did a few SYL songs that were amazing and almost unrecognisable. About 2 hours singing, 40 minutes talking and questions.

Grimario
14-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Someone filmed a few from last night. Cheers MJ, happy 40th for 11 days from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5sZoAFRVTA

Grimario
14-09-2019, 09:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aywR3Xw1zk0

Bon
16-09-2019, 04:22 PM
Unreal man!!!
You have decent seats??
Anyone throw any ridiculous/idiotic questions at him? haha

Bon
16-09-2019, 04:26 PM
I know this is far from metal, but I can't stop listening to the new Ghost track..
(As part of their usual storyline stuff, its basically reflecting on how Papa and Sister were back in the 60's - to go with an EP they are releasing soon that has that sound/vibe)
While the clip is a massive piss-take and is funny, can't deny that Tobias Forge knows how to write a bloody catchy song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyxrzUe_TDM

Grimario
16-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Unreal man!!!
You have decent seats??
Anyone throw any ridiculous/idiotic questions at him? haha

Dunno if you have ever been to the Seymour Centre but the York Theatre is basically a small university lecture hall. 700 people or so, not a bad seat in there. We were 6 rows back, just off to his right. Maybe 3 seats behind the person filming this. Was awesome.

And not really. Some serious stuff about death and loss and mid life crisis, lots of stuff about inspiration for albums or songs or influences and shit like that.

Jetmaster
16-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Love that the Who are releasing their new (and probably final) album on cassette.

https://dvfnvgxhycwzf.cloudfront.net/media/SharedImage/image600/.fl7_am0W/SharedImage-94667.jpg?t=ee880d5069fe18bd428b

My first Who album - Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy was a cassette so it has turned full circle.

Dunno if you have ever been to the Seymour Centre but the York Theatre is basically a small university lecture hall. 700 people or so, not a bad seat in there. We were 6 rows back, just off to his right. Maybe 3 seats behind the person filming this. Was awesome.

Saw David Baddiel there last year, great little intimate theatre!

The Dunster
17-09-2019, 12:24 AM
Love that the Who are releasing their new (and probably final) album on cassette.

https://dvfnvgxhycwzf.cloudfront.net/media/SharedImage/image600/.fl7_am0W/SharedImage-94667.jpg?t=ee880d5069fe18bd428b

My first Who album - Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy was a cassette so it has turned full circle.

Roger thinks its their best album since Quadrophenia. Although he said similar things about Endless Wire which was a good though not great album.

I own several hundred Who records and Sellout, Quick One, and Tommy, and Leeds are probably the most played. I like Quadrophenia as well - but it can be tough to get through at times. Who's Next has some great songs on it - but it just doesn't have the magic for me like some of the others do.

My Fav Song. Sparks / Amazing Journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2IN8wYqQ6E

Jetmaster
17-09-2019, 08:56 AM
I expect this one to be of similar ilk to Endless Wire - fine and listenable but nothing spectacular. Pete Townshend is too good a songwriter for it to be crap.

Roger has recently done some good stuff with Wilko Johnson and his own solo album so he should be sounding ok. Loved the old quirky stuff though, like Dogs, Dogs Part 2, Waspman, Now I'm a Farmer and I still flog Who's Next to bits....especially on the vinyl. Always preferred Quadrophenia the movie to the hard slog of the album, especially the directors cut.

Do seriously miss the greatest bass player of all time though...the look of disdain when Townshend does his famous knee slide....priceless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dsyo2Ox-0

The Dunster
17-09-2019, 09:29 AM
I expect this one to be of similar ilk to Endless Wire - fine and listenable but nothing spectacular. Pete Townshend is too good a songwriter for it to be crap.

Roger has recently done some good stuff with Wilko Johnson and his own solo album so he should be sounding ok. Loved the old quirky stuff though, like Dogs, Dogs Part 2, Waspman, Now I'm a Farmer and I still flog Who's Next to bits....especially on the vinyl. Always preferred Quadrophenia the movie to the hard slog of the album, especially the directors cut.

Do seriously miss the greatest bass player of all time though...the look of disdain when Townshend does his famous knee slide....priceless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80dsyo2Ox-0

Did you know that's probably the last time the band actually played together with Keith and John in front of an audience? They needed footage for the movie so they got the band together, invited some people along and made this recording. Prior to this the band had not toured since late 1976.

Jetmaster
17-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Indeed - an extra gig at Shepperton Studios because the Kilburn gig they meant to use wasn't up to speed.

And they freeze Keith at the end of "Kids" after jumping over his kit as it was the last time he played with the Who....sniff, sniff, bwaaaahhhhhh!!!!

pv4
19-09-2019, 05:40 AM
This seemed the best place to put this. Apologies Couscous in advance if you believe thread placement is not ideal.

For anyone into Novocastrian history, today is the 40 year anniversary of the Star Hotel Riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_TZ_obB4o

The Dunster
19-09-2019, 09:49 AM
For those playing at home The Heroes were a band with a mostly young female following.
The Star was a shithole that nobody with any class or appreciation for good music would even consider going to.
The big fat cop put his foot through the Drummers kick/bass drum - then it all turned to shit. It might have been an accident - but then again it might not have been.
Interesting that the band never mention this anymore.
Oh and Cold Chisel never played at The Star.

Couscous
19-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Is this the place to talk about Daniel Johns suing the Sunday Telegraph?

The Dunster
20-09-2019, 02:44 PM

it's a ridiculous story - good on him for taking legal action against them.

Frodo
20-09-2019, 05:52 PM
If he was struggling for money anytime recently, he won't be very soon. Easy money for his lawyer.

Frodo
20-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Got my tickets to Unify Gathering 2020, hopefully it's the same fun as last year.

Lineup looks good enough to enjoy, looking forward to seeing some up and coming Aussie bands like that year.

UNIFY GATHERING 2020:
Architects and The Ghost Inside

Joining Northlane, Polaris, Silverstein, Tonight Alive & Friends, Make Them Suffer, Stray From the Path, Dear Seattle, Void Of Vision, Antagonist AD, Knocked Loose, Tired Lion, Kublai Khan TX, The Beautiful Monument, Eat Your Heart Out, Between You And Me, The Brave, Diamond Construct, Columbus, Tapestry, Sleep Talk, Caged Existence, Something Something Explosion

Also, can't wait to see Architects again. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

StannyCFCJET
20-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Got my tickets to Unify Gathering 2020, hopefully it's the same fun as last year.

Lineup looks good enough to enjoy, looking forward to seeing some up and coming Aussie bands like that year.

Also, can't wait to see Architects again. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

I wanna go but doing good things instead. Highly recommend Tonight Alive for their awesome live shows

Frodo
21-09-2019, 12:52 PM
I wanna go but doing good things instead. Highly recommend Tonight Alive for their awesome live shows

That sounded like you just had something better do.

But, the good things lineup has some very very bad bands on it. I couldn't justify giving money knowing that the Veronicas, A simple Plan and Skeggs would profit from it. I'll go see ADTR and Dance Gavin Dance side shows maybe and save my ears from the long distance sounds of... I can't even think of a Veronicas song to make a joke here and I'm not going to google it. My search history is pretty disgusting but I can't let it stoop down that low.

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Not many bands enjoy playing festivals so I'm not sure any of them would be doing their best work at them. It's more about the dollars or a lack of opportunities for them elsewhere.

Grimario
21-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Genuinely never heard of any of these bands in the last few posts.

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Genuinely never heard of any of these bands in the last few posts.

I've heard of the Veronicas :0) - Couldn't name any songs though.

StannyCFCJET
21-09-2019, 01:54 PM
That sounded like you just had something better do.

But, the good things lineup has some very very bad bands on it. I couldn't justify giving money knowing that the Veronicas, A simple Plan and Skeggs would profit from it. I'll go see ADTR and Dance Gavin Dance side shows maybe and save my ears from the long distance sounds of... I can't even think of a Veronicas song to make a joke here and I'm not going to google it. My search history is pretty disgusting but I can't let it stoop down that low.

Veronicas are going to gather a massive crowd and go off, Simple Plan for all their faults are sensational live but the best band on the billing is playing first up, The Beautiful Momument, an all Girl metal/alt band

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 02:10 PM
The Beautiful Momument, an all Girl metal/alt band

They are a mainstream pop band Stanny. Have a bit of a college indy type vibe to them sure - but it's a long way from metal / alt.

StannyCFCJET
21-09-2019, 02:13 PM
They are a mainstream pop band Stanny. Have a bit of a college indy type vibe to them sure - but it's a long way from metal / alt.

mainstream pop? What are you smoking? Also what the hell is college indy?

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4_Ommfvv0

Where has all the fun in music gone ?

Frodo
21-09-2019, 02:25 PM

I've heard a couple of songs. They are in the same vein as Tonight Alive, Paramore etc. Definitely more pop than metal/alt.

I saw Tonight Alive play with ADTR in 2016 and felt bad for them. They definitely did fit well with the crowd and bombed fairly hard.

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 02:30 PM

They are less metal than the Beatles ffs Stanny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWW2SzoAXMo

Frodo
21-09-2019, 02:32 PM
They are less metal than the Beatles ffs Stanny.

Let's not go down the "is it metal" rabbit hole. We'll be here for months and miss all the shitty football we have to look forward to.

StannyCFCJET
21-09-2019, 02:42 PM
I've heard a couple of songs. They are in the same vein as Tonight Alive, Paramore etc. Definitely more pop than metal/alt.

I saw Tonight Alive play with ADTR in 2016 and felt bad for them. They definitely did fit well with the crowd and bombed fairly hard.

In sydney? cause I was there and thought TA were superb just not much of the crowd knew them which is a shame

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 02:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsR-IaS2BgU

THese blokes were great.

Frodo
21-09-2019, 03:12 PM
THese blokes were great.

Sometimes its great that music goes through phases.

And that those phases end, haha.

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Sometimes its great that music goes through phases.

And that those phases end, haha.

Post a clip of something you would class as fun music

Frodo
21-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Post a clip of something you would class as fun music

https://youtu.be/FBHEF1nxbi0

Does that count?

The Dunster
21-09-2019, 05:23 PM
it's not easy when sad bastard music is all anyone listens to these days I guess.

Although, I bought the Joy Division albums when they came out so I won't be throwing any stones either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

Skirt Boy
21-09-2019, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkFMJ4-ai1I

The Dunster
22-09-2019, 10:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXmnmvDl-ao

The guitar riff is brilliant.

furns
22-09-2019, 03:45 PM
https://youtu.be/aYDfwUJzYQg

Ill just leave this here

The Dunster
22-09-2019, 04:35 PM
I need some Primus albums.

Jetmaster
28-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Just listening to the new Abbey Road remasters...a bit more oomph in the drums and vocal clarity.

Haven't listened to the demos yet and don't know if I will ever hear the 5.1 mix.

https://www.thebeatles.com/album/abbey-road

The Dunster
28-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Just listening to the new Abbey Road remasters...a bit more oomph in the drums and vocal clarity.

Haven't listened to the demos yet and don't know if I will ever hear the 5.1 mix.

https://www.thebeatles.com/album/abbey-road

I don't like the 2009 Stereo remasters. They are too compressed and somewhat unbalanced.
I like the 2009 mono set [no Abbey Road of course]
I enjoy Abbey Road - but it's the slick editing that makes it more so than the songs and performances.
Sgt Pepper in mono is pretty much perfect - not a fan of the stereo version
I like the Naked Let it Be.
I like the 1990 rerelease of the EP's on CD - they sound great.

Do you have the three Anthology albums ? I think they are probably my favourites.

Jetmaster
29-09-2019, 10:59 AM
The Anthology albums are superb. There can't be too much demo stuff left. There is a 50th anniversary Let It Be in the pipeline and it will be interesting to see if they go down the orchestral route or not, probably do both. Hopefully knock the movie into shape too.

You mention the editing but the demos also show the band playing Side 2 in one take, showing that as a combo it still worked.

I have the Pepper 50th pack and it has the mono, the previous stereo, and a new one by Giles Martin which is much better than the previous.

Sadly talked to some 20 somethings last night who didn't know who John Lennon was.....as my earliest memory is wailing "She Loves You" in front of an old wireless I must be gettin' old!

The Dunster
01-10-2019, 08:59 AM
Do you have one of these to play your beatles records ?
https://www.audiodestination.co.uk/image/cache/catalog/data/Project/Project%20Turntables/Yellow%20Sub/thebeatlesyellowsubmarine-800x700.jpg

The Dunster
01-10-2019, 09:27 AM
I've heard the 2019 Abbey Road on CD. It's horrible. It's compressed and brickwalled within an inch of its life.
No wonder CD is a dead medium when they release shit like this year after year.

Jetmaster
01-10-2019, 01:11 PM
I've heard the 2019 Abbey Road on CD. It's horrible. It's compressed and brickwalled within an inch of its life.
No wonder CD is a dead medium when they release shit like this year after year.

We may need to hear the vinyl.....not on todays dinky turntables but a real one - my Kenwood system with proper speakers - all bought from Brian Bambach in 1981.

Grimario
25-10-2019, 10:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQaETtF_dzQ

Seriously reckon Devy has outdone himself on Empath, easily my album of the year, crushing Opeth and Dream Theater and whatever other stuff came out that isn't worth remembering.

PS this is also the track that Chad Kroeger does some back up vocals on.

Bon
25-10-2019, 10:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQaETtF_dzQ

Seriously reckon Devy has outdone himself on Empath, easily my album of the year, crushing Opeth and Dream Theater and whatever other stuff came out that isn't worth remembering.

PS this is also the track that Chad Kroeger does some back up vocals on.

I've left my headphones at home today..
Will give it a listen when I can, BUT, what's that poodle-haired scrote doing on the Devy album??

Grimario
25-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Will give it a listen when I can, BUT, what's that poodle-haired scrote doing on the Devy album??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQVhzK0kI

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/05/devin-townsend-nickelback-chad-kroeger-scientist/

“We met by chance, and ended up forming a friendly acquaintance,” Townsend tells us. “One thing that I would say about Chad that I think will eventually be known about him, is that he is a functioning genius, in my estimation. I think that people don’t realize how clever that guy is. And his success in a lot of ways, I believe — although what he’s writing is coming from a place of what he wants to write — I think is his ability to analyze the public and musical structures, and the ways that people react emotionally on a commercial level is such that he is almost more like a scientist than he is a rock musician.”

He continues, “And I’m fascinated by people who are clever, and specifically, when the cleverness of them is something that I can make mental notes, and refer back to my own work with. It was a godsend for me be fortunate to interact with him for a few days, because just by watching him function and by being able to ask somebody with that sort of pedigree questions that had been plaguing me about my own career, it allowed me to make decisions on Empath that I don’t know if I would have made had I not made his acquaintance.”

Bon
25-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Very interesting..
Allegedly he was best mates with Vinny and Dimebag from Pantera...
As an angry young elitist metal head (back in the day), I could never understand why.. I guess this sheds some light on it..

The Dunster
25-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Very interesting..
Allegedly he was best mates with Vinny and Dimebag from Pantera...
As an angry young elitist metal head (back in the day), I could never understand why.. I guess this sheds some light on it..

The Abbott brothers are Texan and almost ten years older so it would seem unlikely.

plague
25-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Dimebag from Pantera...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/GJVpbMjfT2Ftm/200.webp?cid=790b76111d03d58d8353a127c5f997131970d 5aedae08e39&rid=200.webp

Bon
25-10-2019, 12:58 PM
The Abbott brothers are Texan and almost ten years older so it would seem unlikely.

Not to mention that they made some kick ass music, and old-mate..... didnt..
But, I just had a quick look and it seems there is some truth to them being very close mates..

The Dunster
25-10-2019, 04:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6wZvfjZcM

One of the greatest guitarists of all time. I love Iron Maiden and Sabbath but this band took it to another level.

The Dunster
25-10-2019, 04:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-V8kYT1pvE

Bon
28-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Ohhhhhhhh yeah Dunster...
Now we are talking..

Did you ever see them live?

Frodo
28-10-2019, 10:00 AM
One of my brothers mates offered to take my 15 yr old arse to see them in '01, but my parents (after consulting my dick of a bro) vetoed the idea. Still hurt to this day that I missed out.

He did come home with a black eye and another had a busted hand or something. The death would have been worthwhile in my opinion tho.

Bon
28-10-2019, 10:06 AM
One of my brothers mates offered to take my 15 yr old arse to see them in '01, but my parents (after consulting my dick of a bro) vetoed the idea. Still hurt to this day that I missed out.

He did come home with a black eye and another had a busted hand or something. The death would have been worthwhile in my opinion tho.

I was at that show in the Hordern...
Musically, fvcking amazing... Phil however... The bloke was maggot drunk, could barely stand up let alone sing, and he kept ranting racist sh!t (I believe he even said "white power" once or twice, much to everyones disgust)...

sammydog
28-10-2019, 10:51 PM
Now we are talking..

Saw them twice in Newcastle.

1994 with Powderfinger and Silverchair. $39.90 a ticket. Far Beyond Driven tour.

1996 with Biohazard and Shihad. $46.90 a ticket and I came home with dimebags pick. That was the Great Southern Trendkill tour.

Was sure I saw them a third time somewhere but can’t think where.

The Dunster
28-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Now we are talking..

Unfortunately I didn't - but can remember people living in Merewether at the time were complaining about the noise of the 1994 concert from Newcastle Entertainment Centre.

Bon
29-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Saw them twice in Newcastle.

1994 with Powderfinger and Silverchair. $39.90 a ticket. Far Beyond Driven tour.

1996 with Biohazard and Shihad. $46.90 a ticket and I came home with dimebags pick. That was the Great Southern Trendkill tour.

Was sure I saw them a third time somewhere but can’t think where.

Bloody hell...
I would have loved to have seen them in that era... You woulda been what, about 30 then? :gent:

Bon
29-10-2019, 11:15 AM
I hate to change the subject away from Pantera...
BUT
I finally listened to the new Tool album last night...

I've only been through it once, but my initial feelings were that it was pretty good..
Musically, its brilliant.. The drums sound amazing, the bass tone...... fvck me, its so good.. Guitar - you know its them..
But the vocals.. Maynard, wtf are you doing!!! Where is the feeling? Anything? He seemed more concerned with getting A Perfect Circle melodies in there, than he did with actually having any substance to it..

I don't know.. I'll definitely be giving it more runs as I have heard its a grower..

The Dunster
29-10-2019, 01:44 PM
I hate to change the subject away from Pantera...
BUT
I finally listened to the new Tool album last night...

I've only been through it once, but my initial feelings were that it was pretty good..
Musically, its brilliant.. The drums sound amazing, the bass tone...... fvck me, its so good.. Guitar - you know its them..
But the vocals.. Maynard, wtf are you doing!!! Where is the feeling? Anything? He seemed more concerned with getting A Perfect Circle melodies in there, than he did with actually having any substance to it..

I don't know.. I'll definitely be giving it more runs as I have heard its a grower..

When you have a net worth of $60 million dollars it's not as easy to relate to your audience or indeed have the same passion for the music you once did.
Like so many other bands they should have pulled the pin artistically many years ago - but with so much cash on offer and it being a means to maintain the acquired lifestyle it's not so easy to knock it back.

At least they haven't continued 46 years too long like the Rolling Stones.

Bon
29-10-2019, 01:51 PM
When you have a net worth of $60 million dollars it's not as easy to relate to your audience or indeed have the same passion for the music you once did.
Like so many other bands they should have pulled the pin artistically many years ago - but with so much cash on offer and it being a means to maintain the acquired lifestyle it's not so easy to knock it back.

At least they haven't continued 46 years too long like the Rolling Stones.

Yeah, very true..
I was reading that this was the reason that Zack de la Rocha didn't go back to RATM..
Apparently he said he just didn't have that same anger and passion that he had back in the day, and that it wouldn't be true to himself, the band, or the fans if he went back in and just phoned in the shows..
Which I feel is admirable, but from a selfish point of view, a bit sad too..

goaliepersempre
29-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Last Thursday - Hilltop Hoods in Zurich for last show of european tour... was good fun...

Then was off to Berlin for the weekend.....

Prinz Pi / Prinz Porno - German Hiphop/Rap... was a good night... €3 beers and €7 spirits... goodtimes

Bon
06-11-2019, 11:28 AM
Download 2020 festival announced...
Pretty damn underwhelming to be honest..
Clutch, Testament and In Flames.. Maybe for some Carcass (I'm assuming that's what the generic metal logo says? haha)

https://www.downloadfestival.com.au/sites/default/files/posters/2019-11/DF_a2%20national%20poster.jpg

russjaybee
06-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Anyone else go see The Chemical Bros in Sydney?
I went on Sat night and it was bloody awesome!

Then was off to Berlin for the weekend.....

Prinz Pi / Prinz Porno - German Hiphop/Rap... was a good night... €3 beers and €7 spirits... goodtimes

Berlin for some German hiphop sounds like an awesome time!
Was it at a good venue?

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Download 2020 festival announced...
Pretty damn underwhelming to be honest..
Clutch, Testament and In Flames.. Maybe for some Carcass (I'm assuming that's what the generic metal logo says? haha)

https://www.downloadfestival.com.au/sites/default/files/posters/2019-11/DF_a2%20national%20poster.jpg

Nah that line up is pumping. Tickets will well out instantly just for MCR

Bon
06-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Nah that line up is pumping. Tickets will well out instantly just for MCR

Exactly.... That shows me exactly who it is aimed at..

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Exactly.... That shows me exactly who it is aimed at..

Have you ever given them a listen? If you have and didn't like it then fair enough

Grimario
06-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Testament, In Flames and Lacuna Coil would be awesome. Meh to everything else.

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 12:38 PM
Hands like Houses are a good Aussie band

Bon
06-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Have you ever given them a listen? If you have and didn't like it then fair enough

Yeah of course I've listened to them before.. I'm not just hating on them for their eye makeup or fringes.. haha..
It was awful.. But that's just me..

I understand that the UK Download and our Aussie one are two totally different beasts...
But have a look at their lineup from last year.. Then have another look at ours. (Yes, I know we are a long way for bands to visit, ours isn't three days, etc etc)

https://i1.wp.com/www.patchchordnews.com/wp-content/uploads/DL2019_5288_WEB-POSTER_KRFBWinner_1000px-900x1260.jpg?resize=900%2C1260

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Yeah of course I've listened to them before.. I'm not just hating on them for their eye makeup or fringes.. haha..
It was awful.. But that's just me..

I understand that the UK Download and our Aussie one are two totally different beasts...
But have a look at their lineup from last year.. Then have another look at ours. (Yes, I know we are a long way for bands to visit, ours isn't three days, etc etc)

https://i1.wp.com/www.patchchordnews.com/wp-content/uploads/DL2019_5288_WEB-POSTER_KRFBWinner_1000px-900x1260.jpg?resize=900%2C1260

Your last points in brackets is why you can't compare them.

Bon
06-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Your last points in brackets is why you can't compare them.

But the point is, look who each one is aimed at..
Straya - Emo's and poppy sugar-sweet kids (to simplify it, hahaha) + a few other bands for everyone else..
The UK - EVERYONE.. There is metal, thrash, pop-punk, ska, grunge, tech-metal, industrial, rock, zef...

I realise people are going mental for MCR reforming and coming out.. Thats fine.. I was simply saying that the whole lineup so far is pretty underwhelming from my point of view..

The Dunster
06-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Did everyone on the UK Download 2019 listing above appear ? Or was that the best case scenario before the usual in fighting between bands at festivals about who gets to go on at prime times and who draws the short straw to play during the day or the graveyard shift ? best time is always just on sunset.

I've never understood why anyone would want to attend these types of events regardless of who was playing - acoustics are horrible, bands never want to be there, and you have to deal with mongs, seccos , and cops.

I'd much rather see a band in a format like Grimario did with Devin Townsend.

Bon
06-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Did everyone on the UK Download 2019 listing above appear ? Or was that the best case scenario before the usual in fighting between bands at festivals about who gets to go on at prime times and who plays during the day or the graveyard shift ? best time is always just on sunset.

No idea mate..
I'm sure heaps of that sort of egotistical "we should be at a better time than them" stuff goes on..

Bon
06-11-2019, 01:02 PM
I've never understood why anyone would want to attend these types of events regardless of who was playing - acoustics are horrible, bands never want to be there, and you have to deal with mongs, seccos , and cops.

I'd much rather see a band in a format like Grimario did with Devin Townsend.

Haha..
This is how I know I'm old, cause I agree with you on this..
My festival days are long over.. I used to absolutely love it back as a young shiner. Eventually it felt like the lines got bigger, the toilets dirtier, the bands shittier, the mongs mongier.. etc etc

plague
06-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Yeah but that UK lineup doesn't have Dregg now innit?

Also, Jimmy Eat World as some sort of headliner? Umm ok?

The Dunster
06-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Yeah but that UK lineup doesn't have Dregg now innit?

I was more surprised that Smashing Pumpkins weren't top billing for the event - can't think of a better mainstream band over the last thirty years to be honest.

Oh and before they start whining the Nirvana fans can piss off - not in the same league as Pumpkins thank you very much.

Criteria for greatness for any band is a Double Album without filler - few bands today can manage one side of decent material - the greats could do four without a problem.

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Plenty of good non double albums without filler

Bon
06-11-2019, 03:34 PM
I was more surprised that Smashing Pumpkins weren't top billing for the event - can't think of a better mainstream band over the last thirty years to be honest.

Oh and before they start whining the Nirvana fans can piss off - not in the same league as Pumpkins thank you very much.

Criteria for greatness for any band is a Double Album without filler - few bands today can manage one side of decent material - the greats could do four without a problem.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (which I assume you are referring to) was the first album I ever bought.. Absolute classic..
Actually, I'm trying to think of the last time that a band did a double album???? Cause that's the only one of recent times that immediately springs to mind?

Frodo
06-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Bloody old farts. I've had plenty of great experiences at festivals. Mind you, I don't drink at them which takes away half the pain. Lots of bands that I've seen at festivals that I never had the chance to see solo, that's what makes them great IMO.

Bon
06-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Bloody old farts. I've had plenty of great experiences at festivals. Mind you, I don't drink at them which takes away half the pain. Lots of bands that I've seen at festivals that I never had the chance to see solo, that's what makes them great IMO.

I never said I didn't have great times at festivals.. Just that my days of such things are over. (in theory).. haha..
I had some bloody awesome times..
I remember sitting in a circle and taking turns honking on a peacey outside on the grass just before running in to see Fatboy Slim at the '99 BDO.. Cops just watching and laughing - so long as people weren't fighting or being violent, they didn't give a sh!t..
(Actually, i seem to remember running in to you at one of the Soundwaves at Eastern Creek back in the day, with the Fuller boys, Abba was there too?? Musta been around 2010)

Nothing compares to the intimacy and pure feeling/energy in a small venue show. Fvck stadium shows right up the jacksie..
I understand HUGE bands (ie Bon Jovi, Metallica, etc) only play stadium shows these days and thats the only way you will really get to see them, fair enough, but if you had to choose...

Frodo
06-11-2019, 04:05 PM

Someone didn't listen to punk rock in the mid to late 90s. Jimmy are hugely influential. They were one of the first, and definitely one of the biggest, bands who came out of the house party scene and got a record deal. Plus Bleed American should be on every punk rockers top 10 of all time.

Bon
06-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Someone didn't listen to punk rock in the mid to late 90s. Jimmy are hugely influential. They were one of the first, and definitely one of the biggest, bands who came out of the house party scene and got a record deal. Plus Bleed American should be on every punk rockers top 10 of all time.

They are one hit wonders..
Come at me.. :gent:

Frodo
06-11-2019, 04:13 PM
I never said I didn't have great times at festivals.. Just that my days of such things are over. (in theory).. haha..
I had some bloody awesome times..
I remember sitting in a circle and taking turns honking on a peacey outside on the grass just before running in to see Fatboy Slim at the '99 BDO.. Cops just watching and laughing - so long as people weren't fighting or being violent, they didn't give a sh!t..
(Actually, i seem to remember running in to you at one of the Soundwaves at Eastern Creek back in the day, with the Fuller boys, Abba was there too?? Musta been around 2010)

Nothing compares to the intimacy and pure feeling/energy in a small venue show. Fvck stadium shows right up the jacksie..
I understand HUGE bands (ie Bon Jovi, Metallica, etc) only play stadium shows these days and thats the only way you will really get to see them, fair enough, but if you had to choose...

Small venue's are always better, but most bands that come out here are playing larger than necessary venue's in order to make their money in one night, instead of 2 smaller shows that sound better.

Festivals lack intimacy, but make up for it in intensity. I'm pretty sure I've died in a few mosh pits at soundwaves/BDOs back in the day (before you had to sell a kidney for tickets and half the punters stayed outside the main stage area just to get pissed rather than actually witness any live music).

But all festivals get too big for themselves after a short while and become bloated expensive shit shows.

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 04:17 PM

The Sweetness. Mic Drop

Frodo
06-11-2019, 04:17 PM

I've seen them twice, one of those shows was one of my favourite of all time. An entire Enmore theatre singing over Jim from the first song to the last.

Plus, 26 years on and still releasing new albums is impressive.

plague
06-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Jimmy Eat World, Dashboard Confessional and Dave Matthews Band are just some examples of bands that i saw a lot of people wearing the t-shirts but never came across the actual music.
Pretty sure ive not missed out on anything, especially as pretty much all these people went on to embrace hashtags and re-tweet the most woke shit that comes across their timelines.

i dont get along well with these type of people.

but because i like you Frodo, the Jimmy Eat World spotify playlist is now banging at work. Will report back with my findings at a later timeslot.

Cheers,
Plague.

Bon
06-11-2019, 04:32 PM
but because i like you Frodo, the Jimmy Eat World spotify playlist is now banging at work. Will report back with my findings at a later timeslot.

Is it "The Middle" on repeat?

plague
06-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Plus, 26 years on and still releasing new albums is impressive.

Pffffft!!!!
Wayne Newton went 29 years releasing albums.
Had his first hit in 1963.
Did approx 143 gigs in 2019 (so far).

https://media0.giphy.com/media/14km2MbYuMGugU/200.webp?cid=790b76116051699a34015d7c7d5d3a29601a6 c11ea272c32&rid=200.webp

BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING!!!!!!!!!

The Dunster
06-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Plenty of good non double albums without filler

Example ?

The Dunster
06-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Pffffft!!!!
Wayne Newton went 29 years releasing albums.
Had his first hit in 1963.
Did approx 143 gigs in 2019 (so far).

https://media0.giphy.com/media/14km2MbYuMGugU/200.webp?cid=790b76116051699a34015d7c7d5d3a29601a6 c11ea272c32&rid=200.webp

BOW DOWN TO YOUR KING!!!!!!!!!

pfft Wayne Newton - what about the original Keyboard player from Steely Dan sitting next to Beverly D'Angelo.

plague
06-11-2019, 04:39 PM
Is it "The Middle" on repeat?

yeah im bored already.

NEW STRATEGY!!!!

Put on Bleed American start to finish.
Here we go.

Bon
06-11-2019, 04:43 PM
pfft Wayne Newton - what about the original Keyboard player from Steely Dan sitting next to Beverly D'Angelo.

:lulzturtle:

plague
06-11-2019, 04:47 PM

i have no idea what youre talking about but at least these people do.........
https://media0.giphy.com/media/BzwBs4sqBGdFu/200.webp?cid=790b7611c841af16d8d6a20823dc17f6f6dcd d4f9fe3d83b&rid=200.webp
https://media0.giphy.com/media/r52xR8XLhq1Zm/200.webp?cid=790b7611c841af16d8d6a20823dc17f6f6dcd d4f9fe3d83b&rid=200.webp
https://media0.giphy.com/media/dZLXKUK4sgDWo/giphy.webp?cid=790b76113f509c5f15900cda8d4050902c3 0510874d41523&rid=giphy.webp

Bon
06-11-2019, 04:48 PM
i have no idea what youre talking about

Thats because you are giving Jimmy Eat World a go, instead of giving Steely Dan a go...

Bon
06-11-2019, 04:51 PM
On a bit of a subject change, even if you don't like their music, this is a pretty entertaining video.. Reminds me a bit of the Charlie Murphy and Prince skit..
(Swearing, and blurred out testes.. Don't watch at work..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqa8p1xbjds

StannyCFCJET
06-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Example ?

Ok well IMO. The 3 blink records Enema TOYPAJ and untitiled. Green Day Dookie and American Idiot. That's just on the top of my head. I could name more but everyone has different opinions on what is good. But my point is it doesn't take a double album to make something great.

Grimario
09-11-2019, 03:43 PM
All of those albums are trash. Those bands are all trash as well. You have shit taste in music, Stanny.

Train of Thought is a flawless album though. 16 year anniversary on Monday and still brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvYuTc2zW5c

StannyCFCJET
09-11-2019, 03:53 PM
All of those albums are trash. Those bands are all trash as well. You have shit taste in music, Stanny.

Train of Thought is a flawless album though. 16 year anniversary on Monday and still brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvYuTc2zW5c

Agree to disagree. But thats the beauty of music, There is something for everyone

plague
09-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Dream Theatre are about as far from good music as you can get. Indulgent drivel,, created in the knowledge that the more scales you know, the better you are.

Set it all on fire with gasoline and I'll begin to be happy.

All my opinion though.
Go get it if that's your thing.

Grimario
10-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Dream Theatre are about as far from good music as you can get. Indulgent drivel,, created in the knowledge that the more scales you know, the better you are.

It's musical masturbation.

Frodo
10-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Without the payoff.

traffic light
12-11-2019, 09:58 PM
hocus pocus - Focus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89eT1IXcEMw

yeah, i thought this was just a "look this way" saying. I know why now. Its a trip.

Surely no rules to music in '73. You can just skip to 1.39 and marvel at the skills. I dare ya.

plague
12-11-2019, 11:01 PM

yeah i absolutely agree with you, im just not sure it means the same thing to us.

Bon
13-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Tickets have just gone on sale for Iron Maiden in Sydney on 7th May next year!!!!
They are being supported by Killswitch Engage..

sammydog
13-11-2019, 05:34 PM
Tickets have just gone on sale for Iron Maiden in Sydney on 7th May next year!!!!

Iron Maidens are playing the cambridge next year, well worth a look if you are into Iron Maiden.

plague
13-11-2019, 06:22 PM

quick question:

are you lot getting excited about bands like Iron Maiden from that era, or are they something you've gotten into recently and are keen on going to see for the first time?

Bon
14-11-2019, 09:02 AM
quick question:

are you lot getting excited about bands like Iron Maiden from that era, or are they something you've gotten into recently and are keen on going to see for the first time?

Nah, I've seen Maiden before.. (and KsE I've seen about 5 times)
Obviously its not quite the same show as they would have been doing back in the 80's, but man they can play... And even though Dicko is probably mid 60's or something now, the bloke has enormous energy on stage..
Also, Steve Harris can play bass.. Loves a good gallop..

Back to your question though, that other tour going on soon, Whitesnake with Scorpions.. That would be one that I would put down to "I'm not a ridiculous fan, but I'd love to see them live once just for the classics"..

The Dunster
14-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Back to your question though, that other tour going on soon, Whitesnake with Scorpions.. That would be one that I would put down to "I'm not a ridiculous fan, but I'd love to see them live once just for the classics"..

It's not really Whitesnake though - it's just David Coverdale. I'd much prefer to see Bernie Marsden on his own as he does most of the songs better than Coverdale anyway.
The classic Whitesnake lineup is Coverdale, Marsden, Mick Moody, Jon Lord, Neil Murray, and Ian Paice - Lord is gone but if Don Airey came back for a show it would still be a great Whitesnake Lineup.

The Dunster
14-11-2019, 11:07 AM

Set it all on fire with gasoline and I'll begin to be happy.

All my opinion though.
Go get it if that's your thing.

I'm all for trashing performers who are little more than marketing pawns - but to trash a band of hard working [you really have no clue how much work is involved] musicians like Petrucci and friends is pretty poor form.

This band could have sold out and made a fortune - but they instead have chosen their own path.

plague
14-11-2019, 01:02 PM
I'm all for trashing performers who are little more than marketing pawns - but to trash a band of hard working [you really have no clue how much work is involved] musicians like Petrucci and friends is pretty poor form.

This band could have sold out and made a fortune - but they instead have chosen their own path.

im all for trashing bands except the ones i like.........ok im using your logic so i think Dream Theatre is hot garbage.
i have no idea how hard arts students, hairdressers and gypo players work to get where they are either, nor do i give a shit.

you can be a technical genius but if theres nothing that stirs me then im not digging it. Your boy can have a 35 min solo for all i care but if someone comes along with a killer melody and 3 chords then who cares.

to me, music is either a banger or not a banger.
anything outside of that im not at all interested in.

Bon
14-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Well, Kiss are supposed to be playing here in a week or so and they've just cancelled..
Apparently Paul Stanley has the flu..
Gonna be a lot of p!ssed off Supercars fans..

Frodo
14-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Well, Kiss are supposed to be playing here in a week or so and they've just cancelled..

I bet it was the same fans who bought tickets to the cancelled Metallica shows as well.

sammydog
14-11-2019, 04:49 PM

I had tickets to the Sydney show. Id rather them cancel than play half arsed.

I get a full refund, Super cars tickets are only a partial refund. Ive seen a heap of pissed off people. They should have just gone with the Screaming Jets and found a second band.

plague
14-11-2019, 04:52 PM
They should have just gone with the Screaming Jets and found a second band.

surely Supercars have their 'In case of Emergency' Jimmy Barnes glass casing somewhere lying round right?

sammydog
14-11-2019, 05:04 PM
surely Supercars have their 'In case of Emergency' Jimmy Barnes glass casing somewhere lying round right?

I cant believe there isn't another popular Australian band that wouldn't jump at the chance to fill the slot. the promotor would have to be better connected than that.

Even get two other acts and have three 80's/90's Australian artists. I dont think you would generate near the complaints from punters.

They would probably make more from it as well as they wouldn't be paid as much as Kiss to play.

The Dunster
14-11-2019, 05:12 PM
I cant believe there isn't another popular Australian band that wouldn't jump at the chance to fill the slot. the promotor would have to be better connected than that.

Even get two other acts and have three 80's/90's Australian artists. I dont think you would generate near the complaints from punters.

They would probably make more from it as well as they wouldn't be paid as much as Kiss to play.

The promoter will probably make more via an insurance payout than if the band actually showed up.

Getting another band in as a replacement doesn't really make any sense from a financial standpoint.

plague
14-11-2019, 05:19 PM
The promoter will probably make more via an insurance payout than if the band actually showed up.

Getting another band in as a replacement doesn't really make any sense from a financial standpoint.

yeah it wouldnt be the first time in history a band 'got the flu' right at the same time as ticket sales/interest was non existent.

Bon
15-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Tool have just announced they are coming out in Feb 2020...
Looks like pre-sale tickets are out next Wednesday..

Negative Police
15-11-2019, 01:40 PM

All they need to do is get the cover band PISS. Do some Kiss covers with some makeup, scull some cans on stage and the fans will go ape.

get dick johnson do a nudie run and fans will melt.

StannyCFCJET
21-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Music festival clashes suck soo much.

plague
25-11-2019, 11:24 AM
ive found it quite interesting that our local state funded bastion of all things pure and real, who wouldnt mention Bruno Mars' name or let Taylor Swift be in their little popularity contest, has been plugging the hell out of and playing a song that was specifically written for a video game.

its like the intersection of commerce and art is at a very particular point and our almighty pious lords of taste have found it and are able to move it to right where they need it to be.Every.Single.Time.

its an amazing skill.

Bon
25-11-2019, 11:37 AM
ive found it quite interesting that our local state funded bastion of all things pure and real, who wouldnt mention Bruno Mars' name or let Taylor Swift be in their little popularity contest, has been plugging the hell out of and playing a song that was specifically written for a video game.

its like the intersection of commerce and art is at a very particular point and our almighty pious lords of taste have found it and are able to move it to right where they need it to be.Every.Single.Time.

its an amazing skill.

I have absolutely no idea which song that you mean, as I don't listen to the station that I assume you are alluding to.. haha
At the risk of sounding like I'm from the Dunster era, that station has been utter George-esque trash for a looooooong time..

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 11:52 AM

its an amazing skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2lGJMrUUHw

What song Plague ? I assume the station is triple J

Macca
25-11-2019, 11:56 AM

its an amazing skill.

Not sure of the Bruno mars thing you refer to, you'll have to enlighten me.

Also not sure what the problem with a song written for a video game is? Plenty of songs written for movies have stood up on their own feet. Is it that you don't like games, don't like the song? Interesting take.

boz-monaut
25-11-2019, 01:28 PM
yeah what's wrong with a song specifically written for something like a video game

No Sex for Ben by The Rapture was written for Grand Theft Auto and it is a song universally loved by everyone who's name isn't Ben

plague
25-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Also not sure what the problem with a song written for a video game is? Plenty of songs written for movies have stood up on their own feet. Is it that you don't like games, don't like the song? Interesting take.

I dont have a problem with the video game song. i like the song and i like the band. the problem is that the people in charge of telling us whats cool and what isnt decided that that sort of commercialism is ok. Much like the former contest winner selling his winning song as an insurance jingle 12 months later.
but those arrogant ****s think someone like Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift is ripe for ridicule because of their mainstream popularity.

and even though it isnt that big of a deal anymore because of the dwindling influence of that particular outlet, the fact they still spend a good portion of their day preaching tolerance and equality between fart sniffs always gives me a giggle. that is, until they finish preaching just long enough to go take that commercial station money and all of a sudden consumerism is good and old Rupert is just an aussie larrikin trying to make a dollar right?????

Frodo
25-11-2019, 02:05 PM
I dont have a problem with the video game song. i like the song and i like the band. the problem is that the people in charge of telling us whats cool and what isnt decided that that sort of commercialism is ok. Much like the former contest winner selling his winning song as an insurance jingle 12 months later.
but those arrogant ****s think someone like Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift is ripe for ridicule because of their mainstream popularity.

and even though it isnt that big of a deal anymore because of the dwindling influence of that particular outlet, the fact they still spend a good portion of their day preaching tolerance and equality between fart sniffs always gives me a giggle. that is, until they finish preaching just long enough to go take that commercial station money and all of a sudden consumerism is good and old Rupert is just an aussie larrikin trying to make a dollar right?????

Is this is some legit Boomer whinging right here? Cause I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this.

Are you unhappy with JJJ?

Are you unhappy with pop music?

Did SD not invite you to a pool party and now you're taking it out on some song that you haven't even mentioned yet? I'm sure there are 10-20 songs right now on the airwaves that are popular from video games so you'll have to be more specific, please.

plague
25-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Is this is some legit Boomer whinging right here? Cause I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this.

Are you unhappy with JJJ?

Are you unhappy with pop music?

Please dont be that 'ok boomer' guy.
'ok boomer' guy is sadder than any actual boomer on the planet right now.
OK boomer guy is just the Bud Light 'wassup' guy except waaaaaay more elitist.
im not a boomer, im 12 years old.

i like music, i grew up on Triple J music and cant even count how many bands they steered me into.
as ive said before, to me, music is either a banger, or not a banger.
just seems that these days, your art is subjected to a filter of whether its 'appropriate' to play. in those days it used to be language and adult content, today its your stance on the latest moral issues facing the planet. trust me, theres a DJ in a basement somewhere coming up with the 'OK Boomer' remix and its gonna get flogged to death.

i just dont like anything being wrapped up in my art other than if its actually any good or not.

i mean, Nick Cave played them 20 odd years ago and they still havent worked out the joke was on them.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Please dont be that 'ok boomer' guy.
'ok boomer' guy is sadder than any actual boomer on the planet right now.
OK boomer guy is just the Bud Light 'wassup' guy except waaaaaay more elitist.
im not a boomer, im 12 years old.

i like music, i grew up on Triple J music and cant even count how many bands they steered me into.
as ive said before, to me, music is either a banger, or not a banger.
just seems that these days, your art is subjected to a filter of whether its 'appropriate' to play. in those days it used to be language and adult content, today its your stance on the latest moral issues facing the planet. trust me, theres a DJ in a basement somewhere coming up with the 'OK Boomer' remix and its gonna get flogged to death.

i just dont like anything being wrapped up in my art other than if its actually any good or not.

i mean, Nick Cave played them 20 odd years ago and they still havent worked out the joke was on them.

Firstly, if you don't find OK Boomer funny then you just don't understand humour at its core. Plain and simple.

Secondly, if you listen to JJJ then you would know how much "commercial" music is on the airwaves and has been since the 90s. If a popstar can make good music, JJJ will play them. Taylor and Bruno just don't make music that JJJ listeners want to hear. There's no gatekeeping. The last time an non commercial band won JJJ hottest 100 was Augie March, which I can it assume was paid for by somebody cause that song was/is horrible to listen to.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 03:03 PM
just seems that these days, your art is subjected to a filter of whether its 'appropriate' to play. in those days it used to be language and adult content, today its your stance on the latest moral issues facing the planet.

Also... What????
I wish you could see my head slowly shaking from side to side trying to fathom where this came from.

Bon
25-11-2019, 03:24 PM
I read it as plague questioning the decision process over 'what crap is too crap to play on JJJ, and what crap is fine to play on the allegedly trendy station'... and where does one draw the line?

Or am i totally wrong?

plague
25-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Firstly, if you don't find OK Boomer funny then you just don't understand humour at its core. Plain and simple.

ok im not going to tell you what is and isnt funny, but just so you know, the dude saying "ok boomer" is the mirror image to the dude saying "ok snowflake".

if you think one is funny, then your spiderman twin likes the other.

also, i will admit to not listening to much JJJ last year and on the book of Griff i swear i had never ever heard that song that won the Hottest 100 last year.

FWIW i think that song is awful.

but yeah, thats my point too, commercial music is all over the station and wins all the time. why not just let one more song in?

again though, Nick Cave took the OG Taylor Swift and made her cool overnight. Back then JJJ people were saying the same thing about Kylie Minogue that they were about Swift now. But the second one of their idols capes up then they all get in a pickle.
it was funny then and its funny now.

i have an issue with the hypocrisy of music snobs the same way i have a problem with gypos donning a Jets scarf the second they start getting them cheques.

its becoming clear im the only one with any damn morals around here. if you lot all gave your life over to Griff you may one day be just as enlightened.

Hail Griff.

GRIFF!!!!!!!

plague
25-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Also... What????
I wish you could see my head slowly shaking from side to side trying to fathom where this came from.

look at Kanye West.

no one was protesting his music, or calling for boycotts, or petitioning Adidas, or getting on change.org to kick him out of where ever the hell he was before he wore that damn red hat.

his music didnt change, but geez, peoples opinion of him did. they pulled hammys backpeddling on the bloke.
also, the red hat brigade that all of a sudden found him to be a spokes person for black america didnt have the same opinion of him when he said very similar thoughts on that telethon with Austin Powers that time. whoo buy, has his demo changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

so you tell me why people changed on him. was it his art, or not? and thats my point.

plague
25-11-2019, 03:44 PM
I read it as plague questioning the decision process over 'what crap is too crap to play on JJJ, and what crap is fine to play on the allegedly trendy station'... and where does one draw the line?

Or am i totally wrong?

yes, and to extend on that, how peoples opinion of art changes depending on their opinion of the artist. thats what i dont like.

look at how many think pieces were written and rosary beads were clutched when the Joker movie used a Gary Glitter song.
even though the main charge (that he was somehow going to make money off it) was debunked, the director still had to answer questions on what was such a stupid issue.

plague
25-11-2019, 03:47 PM
serious though just as an aside, please watch that video of Kanye and Mike Meyers. Watch Mikes face as Kanye goes off the script. When he delivers the immortal line, the look on Mikes face and the speed at which they cut away was brilliant.
No one was ready for that. it was fantastic.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 04:09 PM
look at Kanye West.

no one was protesting his music, or calling for boycotts, or petitioning Adidas, or getting on change.org to kick him out of where ever the hell he was before he wore that damn red hat.

his music didnt change, but geez, peoples opinion of him did. they pulled hammys backpeddling on the bloke.
also, the red hat brigade that all of a sudden found him to be a spokes person for black america didnt have the same opinion of him when he said very similar thoughts on that telethon with Austin Powers that time. whoo buy, has his demo changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

so you tell me why people changed on him. was it his art, or not? and thats my point.

But his music did change. He went from being at the forefront of a new era of Hip Hop (up to Graduation in 2007) and then he tried something new on 808s and Heartbreak which some older fans didn't like but still had some success. Once he released "My Dark Twisted Fantasy" in 2010 he had basically given up on making Hip Hop. He just wanted to make commercial songs to peddle to kids and money spenders.

That was 2 yrs before he got with Kim and many years before the red hat thing.

His music sucks now yet he and his fans claim that he is still a big name in Hip Hop. Nowadays he's hated by everyone and deservedly gets called out when he does something purely to stay relevant like the red hat thing or claiming to be the new saviour like he has just started to do. I mean, he's an evangelist now and even goes onto the televangelist shows and preaches to white people. The Kanye who wrote College Dropout wouldn't be doing that shit.

The petition to get him off the headliner spot at Glastonbury was because it is a rock concert and they demanded a rock band have headlining spot. That was 3 years before the red hat and "slavery wasn't real" scandals.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 04:10 PM
serious though just as an aside, please watch that video of Kanye and Mike Meyers. Watch Mikes face as Kanye goes off the script. When he delivers the immortal line, the look on Mikes face and the speed at which they cut away was brilliant.
No one was ready for that. it was fantastic.

I remember it at the time. Kanye wasn't what he is now so people weren't prepared for stupidity to spray out of his mouth at any moment.

Bon
25-11-2019, 04:15 PM
If you haven't had your daily dose of internet AIDS, please take the time to watch this banger..
Apparently Kim was so distraught with peoples reactions to her part in this "art" and couldn't work out why everyone was laughing at her..
My personal favorite is how the second-coming genius rhymes reputation with reputation 4 times in a row.. Beyond fathomable to our simple minds..
(Oh yeah, even though there is no nudity, probably best not to watch at work)

And yes, the Seth Rogan/James Franco version is great..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwjVVSNOtY

Bon
25-11-2019, 04:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwjVVSNOtY

hahaha.. Great movie..

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 04:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECyX8A3iP0

Frodo
25-11-2019, 04:33 PM
ok im not going to tell you what is and isnt funny, but just so you know, the dude saying "ok boomer" is the mirror image to the dude saying "ok snowflake".

if you think one is funny, then your spiderman twin likes the other.

I feel like you don't find it funny as you haven't really gotten the joke. Ok Boomer isn't telling meant to be an insult (yes, it's insulting in an overall context but not a straight insult).

Ok Boomer basically means that the person you are speaking to isn't going to listen reasoning as they have already formed an opinion based on no facts.

Ok Boomer actually stands for "Whatever".

My point earlier was when I thought you were complaining about JJJ without listening to it. Based on the notion that they didn't play commerical music solely based on who wrote it. Which I think is incorrect.

For examples Rhianna, Beyonce, INXS, MJ, Queen, Jay Z, Puff Daddy, Prince, Tupac, etc have all been aired on JJJ. They just made songs that the listeners liked. Bruno Mars has also featured on plenty of tracks that JJJ have played (but only as a feature rather than his own work). Taylor Swift may have never made the cut.

Also also (in case anyone missed it) Taylor Swift wasn't allowed to enter into the Hottest 100 because she was using paid advertising from KFC to get votes from people, they used a voting bot which let people bypass all the registration stuff and only had a click once to submit a vote (you could also vote as many times as you want) and also because the record company had been throwing it's weight around on other stations promoting it.

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 04:38 PM
If you want to learn about music study Rachmaninoff.
If you want to learn about marketing study Taylor Swift.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 04:42 PM
If you haven't had your daily dose of internet AIDS, please take the time to watch this banger..
Apparently Kim was so distraught with peoples reactions to her part in this "art" and couldn't work out why everyone was laughing at her..
My personal favorite is how the second-coming genius rhymes reputation with reputation 4 times in a row.. Beyond fathomable to our simple minds..
(Oh yeah, even though there is no nudity, probably best not to watch at work)

And yes, the Seth Rogan/James Franco version is great..

I know hip hop isn't everyone's cup of tea. But this is what Kanye used to sound like when he was just blowing up for comparison.

https://youtu.be/Q1ViJEYNki4

plague
25-11-2019, 04:50 PM
I feel like you don't find it funny as you haven't really gotten the joke. Ok Boomer isn't telling meant to be an insult (yes, it's insulting in an overall context but not a straight insult).

Ok Boomer basically means that the person you are speaking to isn't going to listen reasoning as they have already formed an opinion based on no facts.

Ok Boomer actually stands for "Whatever".

My point earlier was when I thought you were complaining about JJJ without listening to it. Based on the notion that they didn't play commerical music solely based on who wrote it. Which I think is incorrect.

For examples Rhianna, Beyonce, INXS, MJ, Queen, Jay Z, Puff Daddy, Prince, Tupac, etc have all been aired on JJJ. They just made songs that the listeners liked. Bruno Mars has also featured on plenty of tracks that JJJ have played (but only as a feature rather than his own work). Taylor Swift may have never made the cut.

Also also (in case anyone missed it) Taylor Swift wasn't allowed to enter into the Hottest 100 because she was using paid advertising from KFC to get votes from people, they used a voting bot which let people bypass all the registration stuff and only had a click once to submit a vote (you could also vote as many times as you want) and also because the record company had been throwing it's weight around on other stations promoting it.

oh i get the OK boomer stuff. i just dont find it funny. maybe because im neither a boomer, nor someone who cares about someone calling them names. when politicians start using it, you know its super lame and time to move on.
i dont care what JJJ plays, i just prefer them to play their music rather then needing to rationalise it.

The revisionist reasons for booting Swift off the Hottest 100 were laughable. They were better off just saying, "we think she sucks" and owning it. the relentless back peddling made them look like the biggest pack of softcocks. it was lawyer speak and all done after the fact. if they were honest and just said they dont like her music and they are changing the rules because its their comp id have admired it more.

mind you, this is the same organisation thats biggest and most successful promotion ever was the original 'bang the drum' campaign. These guys pulled off one of the most successful and original guerilla marketing campaigns we've seen. it was amazing how they did it. but when they 'got got' themselves, the sneering belittling bullshit that they came out with was so lame it made them all forget where they came from.
it was just a sad chapter and could have been handled better. the move there was just to put it straight in the hands of the Chaser guys and dont let management open their mouths. it would have been good content. it all ended up pretty sad.

also, on this:

lets be real here, the definition is that the person isnt going to listen to 'your' reasoning as they have already formed an opinion based on facts different to what 'you believe' to be facts. its meant as an insult, in the same way getting called a 'social justice warrior' or a 'snowflake' is supposed to be an insult. none of them are particularly funny or clever imho.

plague
25-11-2019, 05:04 PM
From 2015, the paper of record for all important people and issues, the Guardian:

In fact, on the eve of his appearance at Glastonbury, he’s arguably the most critically beloved pop artist of the 21st century so far. From the release of his debut, The College Dropout, in 2004 (which Rolling Stone called one of the 10 best albums of the decade, in any genre) to his most recent work, Yeezus (which the Guardian and many others called the best album of 2013), practically no one has been as beloved, by critics and fans alike, for so long.

y'all sure his music sucked long long before the Trump thing?

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 05:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mai36wCbjSw

plague
25-11-2019, 05:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mai36wCbjSw

thats Almost Famous right?

ive never seen that, and for someone that watches a lot of movies, ive never, for one second thought "geez i should watch that".

pretty sure Jerry Maguire scared me off any future time spent watching Cameron Crowe efforts.

plague
25-11-2019, 05:33 PM
although i saw Vanilla Sky once, was that good? cant remember if it was any good or not. it was weird though yeah?

Frodo
25-11-2019, 05:58 PM
From 2015, the paper of record for all important people and issues, the Guardian:

y'all sure his music sucked long long before the Trump thing?

Lol, an organisation that gets paid to promote things said he was great and you think that's a worthwhile way to argue that he wasn't disliked by one community (i.e the hip hop community)? You aren't even trying these days.

He still sold plenty of records since he changed direction and still has a huge following. But that doesn't distract from those people from within the hip hop community hating on him. Those are the people you said only did so because of his acts rather than his music. Becky and Chad buying his records doesn't mean much long term. You're mistaking sales for respect. And yeah, I know which one most people care about but it doesn't change my point.

Look at post Newstead Metallica. As if anything since Trujillo joined is going to compare to their old stuff. Yet they still sell out shows that they don't show up for.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 06:09 PM
The revisionist reasons for booting Swift off the Hottest 100 were laughable. They were better off just saying, "we think she sucks" and owning it. the relentless back peddling made them look like the biggest pack of softcocks. it was lawyer speak and all done after the fact. if they were honest and just said they dont like her music and they are changing the rules because its their comp id have admired it more.

You mean the one time they spoke about it, an hour before the countdown kicked off, linking a website that explained it all? All the back peddling.... Like... So much back peddling. And lawyer speak..... Wow!!

They didn't change the rules, they added rules because up to that point no idiot had tried to ruin it. And luckily, since then no other idiots have tried.

She had polled at #76 even if she was allowed. So even with dodgy voting and a promotion campaign she couldn't break the top 50, so the entire thing was completely pointless.

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 06:10 PM
thats Almost Famous right?

ive never seen that, and for someone that watches a lot of movies, ive never, for one second thought "geez i should watch that".

pretty sure Jerry Maguire scared me off any future time spent watching Cameron Crowe efforts.

Jerry Maguire is horrible. It has a few good lines but overall pretty poor compared to his other films.

Almost Famous is about Cameron Crowe working with Rolling Stone Magazine when he was a 16 year old kid still at high school - he got to go on tour with the Allman Brothers and the movie is pretty much about what happened to him on the tour. It's a great movie and insight into a band going on tour and the perks and cons of life on the road.

His best film though is Fast Times at Ridgemont High [Wrote not directed] - if you haven't seen that get it immediately - it's probably launched more careers than any movie in history.

plague
25-11-2019, 06:11 PM
She had polled at #76 even if she was allowed. So even with dodgy voting and a promotion campaign she couldn't break the top 50, so the entire thing was completely pointless.

i thought it was confirmed she would have got #12? ima go check that.

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 06:23 PM
although i saw Vanilla Sky once, was that good? cant remember if it was any good or not. it was weird though yeah?

I'd already seen Abre los Ojos several times before Vanilla Sky so it was always going to be a let down for me. But it wasn't the bomb the media made it out to be either.

plague
25-11-2019, 06:24 PM
You're mistaking sales for respect. And yeah, I know which one most people care about but it doesn't change my point.

well of course respect cant be measured. but respect for ones music can absolutely be changed by factors other than the songs themselves.
Also, my point more was that as his 'respect' dissolved in one section of the community it all of a sudden rose in another, and i still maintain it wasnt all about the music.

look at Michael Jackson, universally respected, but now his legacy is absolutely trashed (amid non-proven allegations btw).
look at damn Elvis, everyone was fine with him until people started pointing out that he stole his act from black folk.
we'll disagree on Kanye and thats cool. i still respect you and will def buy your new Emery dis-track that no doubt is in the works.

plague
25-11-2019, 06:32 PM
i thought it was confirmed she would have got #12? ima go check that.

SMH and News limited were reporting it would have finished 12th. they dont back it up with anything so take that however we wish i guess.

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 06:50 PM
well of course respect cant be measured. but respect for ones music can absolutely be changed by factors other than the songs themselves.
Also, my point more was that as his 'respect' dissolved in one section of the community it all of a sudden rose in another, and i still maintain it wasnt all about the music.

look at Michael Jackson, universally respected, but now his legacy is absolutely trashed (amid non-proven allegations btw).
look at damn Elvis, everyone was fine with him until people started pointing out that he stole his act from black folk.
we'll disagree on Kanye and thats cool. i still respect you and will def buy your new Emery dis-track that no doubt is in the works.

Michael Jackson released five piss poor solo albums before Off the Wall - without Quincy Jones and some of the best musicians on the planet he was little more than a dancer who could sing a bit.
The respect was with his brothers who were / are highly accomplished musicians [Jermaine Jackson is one of the best bass players on the planet].

Pretty true about Elvis - Elvis was pretty much a joke once he left Sun Records. The respect musically was really for people like Chet and Scotty who's musicianship put him on the map. Once the Beatles arrived he was finished - if not before. Great showman - but still no Sammy Davis Jr.

Frodo
25-11-2019, 07:08 PM
SMH and News limited were reporting it would have finished 12th. they dont back it up with anything so take that however we wish i guess.

My reference was one of the "leaked list" ones. So it's not a respectable reference either. But I think that even at 12, I don't think it did well enough given the money spent on getting it in there in the first place. That said, I'm happy to stop arguing/being a dick about the whole thing.

I also don't love JJJ anymore. But that's on me and not them.

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 07:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHdU5sHigYQ

This used to be mainstream in the late 50's early 60's before The Beatles arrived. In 1959 Rock and Roll was pretty much dead or drawing its last breath aside from the odd few tracks - by 1960 Rock and Roll was well and truly gone.

To think the 50's was all Chuck Berry, Elvis, Bill Haley, Eddie Cochran, and Buddy Holly is simply wrong.

plague
25-11-2019, 08:56 PM
My reference was one of the "leaked list" ones. So it's not a respectable reference either. But I think that even at 12, I don't think it did well enough given the money spent on getting it in there in the first place. That said, I'm happy to stop arguing/being a dick about the whole thing.

I also don't love JJJ anymore. But that's on me and not them.

oh i dont think anyones being a dick here. i love these types of conversations as it generally makes me reflect with a little more accuracy and end up in rabbit holes of stupidity: speaking of which.

I was looking through the history of the American Music Awards. it seemed to be a bit more 'representative' of most factors of the music industry. It took in sales, airplay, industry opinion and fan votes (in different structures across its history).

Anyway they were on today (yesterday?) and they gave out the 'Artist of the decade'. It went to Taylor Swift. So i went back and looked at who the other 'artist of the decade' winner were. (some were done at the time the others retrospectively). Check out this list.

50's - Elvis.
60's - The Beatles.
70's - Stevie Wonder.
80's - Michael Jackson.
90's - Garth Brooks.
(for some reason it wasnt awarded in the 00's.
10's - Taylor Swift.

So Garth Brooks looked like a bit of an anomaly. Until i read a bit further.
All time, 5 of the top 10 AMA winners are country artists. Kenny Rodgers and Reba McEntire have both won more than Beyonce. would never have picked that.

It prob shows just how big Country is (and always has been) in America, its such a minor category here but its massive over there. It also shows that stereotypical 'red neck' impression people have of middle america is a ****ing huge base to ignore.
It also puts artists in our generation into perspective.
Alabama are 3rd all time for wins, can you even begin to imagine how that would go with Twitter around?

The Dunster
25-11-2019, 11:55 PM
oh i dont think anyones being a dick here. i love these types of conversations as it generally makes me reflect with a little more accuracy and end up in rabbit holes of stupidity: speaking of which.

I was looking through the history of the American Music Awards. it seemed to be a bit more 'representative' of most factors of the music industry. It took in sales, airplay, industry opinion and fan votes (in different structures across its history).

Anyway they were on today (yesterday?) and they gave out the 'Artist of the decade'. It went to Taylor Swift. So i went back and looked at who the other 'artist of the decade' winner were. (some were done at the time the others retrospectively). Check out this list.

50's - Elvis.
60's - The Beatles.
70's - Stevie Wonder.
80's - Michael Jackson.
90's - Garth Brooks.
(for some reason it wasnt awarded in the 00's.
10's - Taylor Swift.

So Garth Brooks looked like a bit of an anomaly. Until i read a bit further.
All time, 5 of the top 10 AMA winners are country artists. Kenny Rodgers and Reba McEntire have both won more than Beyonce. would never have picked that.

It prob shows just how big Country is (and always has been) in America, its such a minor category here but its massive over there. It also shows that stereotypical 'red neck' impression people have of middle america is a ****ing huge base to ignore.
It also puts artists in our generation into perspective.
Alabama are 3rd all time for wins, can you even begin to imagine how that would go with Twitter around?

Record sales and industry awards tell us about the business and the marketing side of the industry. It tells us very little about the artistic side of music which to many of us is all that matters.

The Beatles and Stevie Wonder are really the only musical giants on that list - the rest had commercial success but weren't really innovators in the sense that they formed genres of music and supplied a blueprint for others to follow.

With respect to Alabama - listen to an album Plague then try and get the tunes out of your head - it's very catchy / addictive/with brilliant harmonies and musicianship. Wonderful band and deserving of their commercial success.

I'm a big fan of country music - but mainly the traditional and bluegrass is more my thing than the Nashville sound that's commercially successful.

The Dunster
26-11-2019, 12:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDRfrVMrV6Q

Brad Paisley is very good.

The Dunster
26-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Best Chicken picker in the business Johnny Hiland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu2WNFlVr9c

The Dunster
26-11-2019, 12:27 AM
Ted Greene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZENkj7C7Bw

The Dunster
26-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Louis, Ella, and Oscar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxrws7omOHQ

The Dunster
26-11-2019, 01:16 AM
Dennis Brain - the benchmark of horn players - and the only reason anyone even plays one today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1RJieFxPM

StannyCFCJET
07-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Good things should be a good thing today

The Dunster
07-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Good things should be a good thing today

If the music is half as good as the website graphics / cartoons it should be well worth the price of entry Stanny.

https://www.goodthingsfestival.com.au/

https://www.goodthingsfestival.com.au/carfive.svg

https://www.goodthingsfestival.com.au/cartwo.svg

StannyCFCJET
07-12-2019, 10:54 PM
It was indeed a good thing

StannyCFCJET
14-01-2020, 08:38 PM
New Trophy Eyes was interesting

Grimario
14-01-2020, 09:26 PM
Anyone see Mac DeMarco last Friday down in Sydney? No, me neither. Had never heard of him till someone left work early to go down to the show. All I know is that he did a shoey, is Canadian, sounds like Jack Johnson on guitar and John Lennon on vocals.

Frodo
15-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Still down in Victoria after Unify Gathering 2020. Had a ball and can't wait for next year.

Rocked up on Friday at about 11am and went through the checks at the gate for glass bottles, etc, and found my way to my campsite, as soon as I arrive everyone is informed of a huge storm with 50km/he winds on its way. Told to remove gazebos, pull down tents if possible, stay in your car if needed and not setup camp until after 4pm. Decided to bring down a small caravan this year instead of the tent and thank **** that I did. At about 3pm, with the band's/show on hold, the wind and rain hit. There were tents flying round like kites, gazebos smashed, and plenty of miserable punk kids hiding under tiny little tarps trying to keep as dry as they could.

They finally got some bands on at about 6pm, on a smaller quickly assembled (but covered) stage. Once the rain stopped everyone began drinking themselves warm/dry and went to see about half the bands that were scheduled to go on.

Best part was that they managed to clear the main stage of rain in about 2hrs so the mighty Architects could play at 11pm on the main stage (the only band who played main stage that day). Sound was a little iffy if you were too far away but once you were up close they absolutely tore the place part apart. There's a reason they win so many "live band of the year" awards. Great set.

After a few hours sleep we wake up to the news that the rain has gone and they will be ensuring that every band on the bill will be squeezed into today's schedule. So gates open earlier than normal, band play later and the small stage will host a few bands through the day too.

Awesome efforts by the organisers to get everyone on.

The Ghost Inside were awesome considering their 4 year break and recovery from their bus crash. Sounded superb and went harder than their bodies probably wanted them to.

Northlane were absolutely garbage, over half their set is them dancing around with and electronic overlay taking care of the music. One of the worst bands I've ever witnessed.

Void of Vision went of, Polaris went off, the Beautiful Monuments went off, Between You and Me did a a proper pop-punk show with crowd surfing and sing alongs in equal measure. Young kids in Weighbridge, one of the earliest bands on, absolutely tore it up too. They could be the next Thornhill.

You rock up, bring whatever alcohol you want in can form, set up you're own site and have as much fun as you can over 3/4 days listening to all sorts of punk and hardcore music. There's nothing I don't like about this place.

Macca
15-01-2020, 11:25 AM
Anyone see Mac DeMarco last Friday down in Sydney? No, me neither. Had never heard of him till someone left work early to go down to the show. All I know is that he did a shoey, is Canadian, sounds like Jack Johnson on guitar and John Lennon on vocals.

He has a lot of quite chilled out songs I think, I don't mind listening to him.

I was quite into this song a few years ago when it came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRIAew8eXc

StannyCFCJET
15-01-2020, 02:52 PM
Still down in Victoria after Unify Gathering 2020. Had a ball and can't wait for next year.

Rocked up on Friday at about 11am and went through the checks at the gate for glass bottles, etc, and found my way to my campsite, as soon as I arrive everyone is informed of a huge storm with 50km/he winds on its way. Told to remove gazebos, pull down tents if possible, stay in your car if needed and not setup camp until after 4pm. Decided to bring down a small caravan this year instead of the tent and thank **** that I did. At about 3pm, with the band's/show on hold, the wind and rain hit. There were tents flying round like kites, gazebos smashed, and plenty of miserable punk kids hiding under tiny little tarps trying to keep as dry as they could.

They finally got some bands on at about 6pm, on a smaller quickly assembled (but covered) stage. Once the rain stopped everyone began drinking themselves warm/dry and went to see about half the bands that were scheduled to go on.

Best part was that they managed to clear the main stage of rain in about 2hrs so the mighty Architects could play at 11pm on the main stage (the only band who played main stage that day). Sound was a little iffy if you were too far away but once you were up close they absolutely tore the place part apart. There's a reason they win so many "live band of the year" awards. Great set.

After a few hours sleep we wake up to the news that the rain has gone and they will be ensuring that every band on the bill will be squeezed into today's schedule. So gates open earlier than normal, band play later and the small stage will host a few bands through the day too.

Awesome efforts by the organisers to get everyone on.

The Ghost Inside were awesome considering their 4 year break and recovery from their bus crash. Sounded superb and went harder than their bodies probably wanted them to.

Northlane were absolutely garbage, over half their set is them dancing around with and electronic overlay taking care of the music. One of the worst bands I've ever witnessed.

Void of Vision went of, Polaris went off, the Beautiful Monuments went off, Between You and Me did a a proper pop-punk show with crowd surfing and sing alongs in equal measure. Young kids in Weighbridge, one of the earliest bands on, absolutely tore it up too. They could be the next Thornhill.

You rock up, bring whatever alcohol you want in can form, set up you're own site and have as much fun as you can over 3/4 days listening to all sorts of punk and hardcore music. There's nothing I don't like about this place.

**** that's insane. I wanted to go so badly but didn't have a group keen to come. Sounds like you saw some awesome bands. The Beautiful Monument are awesome and great everytime live and Polaris has me super hyped for their new album.

Frodo
15-01-2020, 02:58 PM
**** that's insane. I wanted to go so badly but didn't have a group keen to come. Sounds like you saw some awesome bands. The Beautiful Monument are awesome and great everytime live and Polaris has me super hyped for their new album.

Go down by yourself or make some better friends. Everyone is camped so close to each other that you'll be forced to make friends either way.

The Dunster
16-01-2020, 12:55 AM
He has a lot of quite chilled out songs I think, I don't mind listening to him.

I was quite into this song a few years ago when it came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRIAew8eXc

This could be the worst guitar tone I have ever heard. Songs not bad though.

StannyCFCJET
16-01-2020, 10:04 AM
New Trophy Eyes. I dig especially the sax

The Dunster
28-01-2020, 10:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmfudW7rbG0

It's a shit song but I love it.

Jetmaster
28-01-2020, 02:56 PM
So many memories of Kung Fu mania in the 70's.

Bringing star knives and homemade nanchuks to school. Fake gang fights in the grounds.

Watching the Kung Fu series on TV and seeing Bruce Lee movies at the flicks.

StannyCFCJET
11-02-2020, 01:45 PM
Surely the GTM lineup is a joke

Bon
11-02-2020, 04:00 PM
surely the gtm lineup is a joke

gtm?

StannyCFCJET
11-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Grooving the moo

Grimario
11-02-2020, 07:57 PM
Anyone got a spare wad of cash and want to take me to An Evening With Dream Theater in April? Last year's album tour + Scenes from a Memory in its entirety.

The Dunster
12-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Grooving the moo

These types of events aren't about the music Stanny. If it's about the music you are better off going to a smaller / indoor venue.