PDA

View Full Version : The Music Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Bon
29-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Thought I had better get this badboy started up again..

Absolutely lost it at work just then reading a review of the new Periphery album that is due out in a few days.. (Language warning for sensitive people and old shnennos)

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/50591/Periphery-Periphery-II:-This-Time-Its-Personal/

It's got to be one of the better troll reviews that I've read in a while.. hahaha

parksey
29-06-2012, 10:58 AM
have you heard the new gojira album yet, bon?

Bon
29-06-2012, 11:01 AM
have you heard the new gojira album yet, bon?

I've only heard one song off it. Was pretty awesome. What do you make of it?
Cheers for the reminder, I'll have to get it when I get home.

parksey
29-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I haven't got it yet, but I've heard that single they put out a few weeks ago which was pretty great. I'll buy it soon.

parksey
29-06-2012, 01:04 PM
also whoa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BCc7P3YEKc

Damo Lovelock
29-06-2012, 03:42 PM
New Dirty Projectors album. Good shit.

hawk
29-06-2012, 10:24 PM
insert insane obscure band name here and gloat about how new they are.

Rocknerd
03-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Mighty Mighty Bosstonnes had a Planned one off show at the Metro this Thursday, but cancelled as the Jakatta Music Festival was cancelled and the MMB couldn't cover costs with the one off show and didn't have time to book more between Friday and their arrival.

They stated that they'll be back soon though. Can't wait I was pissed that they cancelled.

parksey
03-07-2012, 11:11 PM
New Dinosaur Jr. due out in September. Their new song "Watch the Corners" is out now and it's bloody awesome.

Rocknerd
04-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Anyone into Grunge should checkout Clutch, they're freaking rockin' my world at the momment. I found out about them through the use of their song the Regulator which features in the Walking Dead Episode 8 Nebraska right at the end where Rick, Glenn and Hershall are having a stand off with the "intruders" at the bar.

they're heavy and grindingly awesome.

Bon
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Anyone into Grunge should checkout Clutch, they're freaking rockin' my world at the momment. I found out about them through the use of their song the Regulator which features in the Walking Dead Episode 8 Nebraska right at the end where Rick, Glenn and Hershall are having a stand off with the "intruders" at the bar.

they're heavy and grindingly awesome.

Ahhhhh Rocknerd.. Now we are talking!!!
Clutch are immense.. I started listening to them back in highschool (around 1995 when self-titled came out!!).. Have been lucky enough to see them live twice too..
Which of their albums have you got?

q-money
04-07-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM79YadYM

...you can tell its not them playing by the drumming... its way out of Ulrich's league

Rocknerd
04-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Ahhhhh Rocknerd.. Now we are talking!!!
Clutch are immense.. I started listening to them back in highschool (around 1995 when self-titled came out!!).. Have been lucky enough to see them live twice too..
Which of their albums have you got?

Tyrant Blast re-issue with bonus disc.

There are few bands that I can only listen to with the volume turned way up, but these guys are one of them! you can't truely appreciate the music unless it is well over 11!

Bon
04-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Tyrant Blast re-issue with bonus disc.

There are few bands that I can only listen to with the volume turned way up, but these guys are one of them! you can't truely appreciate the music unless it is well over 11!

Nice!! Yeah Blast Tyrant is a pretty sweet album, some real fat, bluesy riffs on it.. Gets quite catchy in parts too! Ghost is brilliant..
If you can, get your hands on Elephant Riders (The production is less, but that sort of raw vibe adds to really just make it hard-as-fvck..), Pure Rock Fury is exactly as the album name suggests.
Bugger it, if you can, get ALL of their albums.. Each one has something different to offer.

Next time they are out in Aus, make sure you try to get out to see them too. The drummer is ridiculous, hits the skins so hard it looks like he is trying to destroy the bloody things, totally gets in to it while the guitarist and bassist are happy to stand back and let the drummer/singer get the attention..

pv4
09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLp63WBV-Ic

Bon
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Hahaha That clip is nuts.. Rammstein are brilliant..
You seen em live out here, PV4?

pv4
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Hahaha That clip is nuts.. Rammstein are brilliant..
You seen em live out here, PV4?

never seen them live. the two things i've always wanted to do most in my life before i got too old was play football alongside sean matthews & watch rammstein live - one i've done, the other i haven't. do they have plans to return to australia do you know?

Bon
09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
I saw them at BDO back in 2001, unbelievable show..
As far as I know, they are on a bit of a break at the moment but they do that from time to time. (Pretty amazing that after being together for about 20 years that it is still the same 6 blokes, no lineup changes ever)..

Grimario
09-07-2012, 10:36 AM
In about 15 minutes time, my wife heads off to work and I can unleash some non-wife friendly tunes from the speakers.

I'm sure I posted about it pre-crash but I am really digging Lost in The New Real - Arjen Lucassen right now. Utter brilliance and the cover of Welcome to the Machine in the second CD is quite possible the best cover in the history of music.

Rocknerd
09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Picked up the latest Offspring album on the Weekend, pretty good, standard Offspring album loud, a little political, a little pop fun and the same sound that makes the offspring who they are.

It is not SMASH, but worth a listen, unless you're a pretty big fan I would suggest borrowing it from your mate who is and ripping it. (i do not endorse illigal download, or digital download for that matter)

Grimario
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
You don't endorse illegal downloads but you recommend someone borrows it and rips it themselves? How are the two different? :insertwtfsmiley:

q-money
09-07-2012, 03:00 PM
offspring are terrible

Rocknerd
09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
You don't endorse illegal downloads but you recommend someone borrows it and rips it themselves? How are the two different? :insertwtfsmiley:

At least someone paid for it that you know rather than some random person you and 50,000 other people got it from.

Ripped off a mate, 1 copy

illegal download 50,000

Pretty big difference if you ask me.

@ q- said the dub-step fan.

pv4
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
can't we just dubstep an offspring song & we'll all get along?

Grimario
09-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, but what if I have 10 mates who borrow the CD and rip it? What if I bring it in to work and 200 people on my floor rip it? Is it ok because it's not downloaded online?

That's like saying murdering one person is ok but murdering 50,000 is bad.

q-money
09-07-2012, 03:10 PM
home taping is killing music

Grimario
09-07-2012, 03:11 PM
dub step is killing music, qman.

Also, need some smiley faces in here, can't portray humour without good variety :(

Rocknerd
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, but what if I have 10 mates who borrow the CD and rip it? What if I bring it in to work and 200 people on my floor rip it? Is it ok because it's not downloaded online?

If killing that one person saves 50,000 I'd say it's okay.

but all in all I said i don't endorse it, I never said don't do it. do what you have to do, just don't ask me to agree with it. Also just so we're clear, I don't lend albums to people either because they rarely treat them with respect or return them in due time. But I have ripped over 100 of my albums and given them to friends to do as they will. many of them most likely added them to file sharing networks, but what I don't know wont hurt me.

Bon
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Being someone who plays an instrument, I have never understood the whole DJ'ing thing.. (Although, according to bandmates, it is debatable over wether or not the bass is an instrument or actually "the equivalent of the electronic triangle", haha..)

Deadmau5 had this to say:
http://deadmau5.tumblr.com/post/25690507284/we-all-hit-play

Rocknerd
09-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Being someone who plays an instrument, I have never understood the whole DJ'ing thing.. (Although, according to bandmates, it is debatable over wether or not the bass is an instrument or actually "the equivalent of the electronic triangle", haha..)

being the first to take the piss out of bass players i'll defend you here, Bass when played correctly is as integral, if not the most essential instrument within a band. Just look at the alt rock scene of the 90's and any modern alt rock and you'll see plenty of examples that show the bass to be as rockin' as any other instrument. Particularly in funk and ska

pv4
09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-qcVbD4dRk

only real bass riff that pops up in my head that makes me think "man, that bass was awesome".

The Dunster
09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Bass riffs ? Seriously have you not heard of The Ox (John Entwhistle).

He essentially wrote the book on how bass was played in rock bands.

My Generation, THe Real Me, I can see for Miles..... too many riffs to list to list.

parksey
09-07-2012, 04:17 PM
@ q- said the dub-step fan.

do you even know what dubstep is?

also, musicians make most of their money through touring so, as long as they put on a good show, they don't really have to worry about illegal downloads.

awesome bass riffs:

at the drive-in - quarantined
interpol - evil
tool - schism
soundgarden - slaves & bulldozers

dubious that someone can only think of one song that has a memorable bass line.

someone needs to fix it so we can post more than one video at a time ffs.

parksey
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
ratm had one of the best rhythm sections of all time by the way. people always talk about morello's guitar, but they groove is what makes their songs so great.

The Dunster
09-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Forget downloads killing music. The Harvard MBA's have been killing music and movies since 1975.

q-money
09-07-2012, 04:51 PM

deadmau5 is a weird one, easily trolled, yet excellent at trolling blokes. he is right about his show though, it's all visuals and not much substance. i don't think his crowds give a shit though, it's not like they've come to see bach or brahmsy or something.

as a bloke who plays records to other blokes in nightclubs, i'd agree with him that DJing is not the world's greatest skill. being able to do it in front of a crowd is another thing though.

i'd assume playing a real life musical instrument (something i can't do, except in my bedroom lololol) in front of a bunch of carnts would be pants shittingly scary. i've probably played a hundred gigs and i still shit myself when i get onto a big system, it's great when everything works - but you look like a bell-end if things **** up, especially at a billion decibels.

onto the next point, kind of makes me laugh when people get all uppity about "the art of DJ'ing"...unless you've got game it's probably best to shut your mouth. it's not like dj's cure cancer or anything, they're just some **** that can count to 4 and wasted a shitload of money on some records.

i mean there's a lot of kids out there that probably wouldn't know the first thing about playing actual real life vinyl, but could kill me on a pair of CDJs or on ableton or using traktor or whatever. but how many times is this ever going to happen? i'm comfortable that i have far superior taste to your average dubstep dave or drum and bass dean, but they probably don't give a ****.

on that note, i played a really good gig on saturday night that was purely mid-2000's drum and bass, the shit i used to go out and party to back in the day etc, was killer. crowd knew what they were on about, going mental for tunes that they hadn't heard in years, place going orf. i clanged a bit but people were enjoying it, and in the end isn't that what it's all about?

also...offspring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrPosTPSXxw

parksey
09-07-2012, 05:44 PM
i do like like "gone away" by offspring

evolution
09-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Anyone saying The Offspring is bad can go eat the biggest bag of dicks on the planet. Apart from two songs (which are the two worst songs they have ever recorded) the new album is ace, probably the best since Ixnay on the Hombre.

Also, new album from The Darkness next month... fap fap fap!

plague
09-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Bass when played correctly is as integral, if not the most essential instrument within a band. Just look at the alt rock scene of the 90's and any modern alt rock and you'll see plenty of examples that show the bass to be as rockin' as any other instrument.

Les Claypool is probably the most amazing musician I've ever seen live.

plague
09-07-2012, 10:36 PM

but what if that one person was Dexter Holland?

The Dunster
10-07-2012, 02:51 AM
As far as musicians go there is Jascha Heifetz and then daylight.

I cannot think of anyone else in the history of music that has been so dominant with respect to technique - regardless of their chosen instrument.

He makes Eddie Van Halen look like barney the Dinosaur.

pv4
10-07-2012, 07:14 AM
@q - have you ever dropped the weather report into one of your mixes?

pv4
10-07-2012, 07:14 AM
also @parksey - sorry i no music genius.

Bon
10-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow.. There is too much that has been said since I last logged on, and too little time to respond to it all!!! Brilliant innit..

being the first to take the piss out of bass players i'll defend you here, Bass when played correctly is as integral, if not the most essential instrument within a band. Just look at the alt rock scene of the 90's and any modern alt rock and you'll see plenty of examples that show the bass to be as rockin' as any other instrument. Particularly in funk and ska

Definitely mate.. Bass is always very overlooked..

Les Claypool is probably the most amazing musician I've ever seen live.

Les is a god.. Simple as that. Where did you see him play Plague?? I finally got to see him down at the Enmore last year, the bloke is an absolute freak.. For anyone out there that hasnt listened to Primus before, go and check it out..

@q - have you ever dropped the weather report into one of your mixes?

Thanks, Howard TJ Moon.. Time for a bit of a slap bass odyssey?.. :cool:

pv4
10-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Howard TJ Moon.. Time for a bit of a slap bass odyssey?.. :cool:

they call me monsoon moon - i'm coming at ya like a beam, like a ray, like a buzzard

:cool:

plague
10-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Les is a god.. Simple as that. Where did you see him play Plague?? I finally got to see him down at the Enmore last year, the bloke is an absolute freak.

Saw Primus at the BDO way back in the day. Think it was the 3rd or 4th one. Had never really heard of them but back in those days going to the BDO was about seeing new bands. Bands like Helmet, Rocket from the Crypt etc were pretty cool 'discoveries' that I had never really heard of before seeing them live. I think Soundgarden was on main stage and Primus were in the Hordern at the same time. Thought id give them a go and man was I blown away. Cant say im a huge follower of their music but that gig was sooooooo rockin.
Saw them a few years later at some concert at Eastern Creek (alternative nation or something?) and they were great as well but nothing will compare with how amazing that first show was. Im a bit of a music head and appreciate people that are talented regardless of whether Im a fan of their music or not.

Bon
12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Saw Primus at the BDO way back in the day. Think it was the 3rd or 4th one. Had never really heard of them but back in those days going to the BDO was about seeing new bands. Bands like Helmet, Rocket from the Crypt etc were pretty cool 'discoveries' that I had never really heard of before seeing them live. I think Soundgarden was on main stage and Primus were in the Hordern at the same time. Thought id give them a go and man was I blown away. Cant say im a huge follower of their music but that gig was sooooooo rockin.
Saw them a few years later at some concert at Eastern Creek (alternative nation or something?) and they were great as well but nothing will compare with how amazing that first show was. Im a bit of a music head and appreciate people that are talented regardless of whether Im a fan of their music or not.

Yeah I am a bit the same.. I can listen to music that I may not actually like BUT I can respect it for how technically hard it is to play..

As for seeing Primus back in the day, I am soooo jealous.. I remember when they played an Over 18s show at Newy Uni, a week before I turned 18. A bunch of my mates scaled the wall and got in, but I'm a little bit harder to hide in a crowd.. Real dirty that I missed it..

I'm starting to get pretty excited about seeing The Tea Party down at the Hordern next weekend.. I've been listening to them since about '95 and missed them every time they have been out..
Poor form on my part..

Bon
27-07-2012, 10:04 AM
Just read that the 90's supergroup Mad Season will be reforming..
Obviously Layne Staley (my hero) won't be a part of it, he is replaced by Screaming Trees singer Mark Lannegan..
It won't be the same without Layne, but I couldn't think of a better person to be trying to fill his shoes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryu-iQDI8oU

parksey
27-07-2012, 11:37 AM
What's the point of doing it without Layne?

Bon
27-07-2012, 11:51 AM
What's the point of doing it without Layne?

This is true.. Pretty sure they are writing new material, still wont be the same..

furns
27-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Worked for Alice In Chains....... kinda

parksey
27-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Worked for Alice In Chains....... kinda

I think it's a bit different though, as Cantrell was always the key member of that band. Mad Season was pretty much a bunch of friends making an album on the side.

q-money
27-07-2012, 02:37 PM
been listening to municipal waste - the fatal feast

100% of songs about boozing, toxic mutants, nuclear monsters or thrash metal (y)

Rocknerd
27-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Just picked up 2 tragically Hip albums from the Salvos whilst looking for secondhand clobber, $4 for the pair. not a bad find if you're into Canadian Alt rock.

Someone should really get a Not Kits thread going again. I've lost touch with what obscure things I should keep an eye out for.

Bon
27-07-2012, 11:09 PM
been listening to municipal waste - the fatal feast

100% of songs about boozing, toxic mutants, nuclear monsters or thrash metal (y)

Holy shit.. Q... I did NOT expect you to be listening to Municipal Waste.. They are awesome!!!
Just unreal Turps Thrash..

parksey
27-07-2012, 11:39 PM
not a bad find if you're into Canadian Alt rock.

I didn't know this was a genre.

pv4
28-07-2012, 05:32 AM
I didn't know this was a genre.

i think it was created to accomodate the bare naked ladies in the music world.

Rocknerd
30-07-2012, 11:12 AM
i think it was created to accomodate the bare naked ladies in the music world.

Them, Real Big Sea, Alanis Morisette and the Cowboy Junkies. Avril Lavigne tried to tag herself as Alt Canadian but she got told to piss of to the mainstream pop genres.

Marcus
03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Mad jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWQTLs00VzU

skippy
08-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Soundwave >>>>>>>>>>>. Big Day Out

russjaybee
08-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Is Soundwave a festival for retired bands that run out of cash or something?

Rocknerd
08-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Metallica, Linkin Park, Blink-182, A Perfect Circle, the Offspring, Paramore, Garbage, Tomahawk, Stone Sour, Ghost, Sum 41, Dragonforce, Flogging Molly, Duff Mckagans Loaded, Motion City Soundtrack, Lawrence Arms, Kingdom of Sorrow, Fozzy, Cancer Bats, Madball, Vision of Disorder, While She Sleeps, Periphery, Kyuss Lives!, Shai Halud, of Mice & Men, Miss May I, Woe Is Me, the Wonder Years, Pierce the Veil, Six Feet Under, Red Fang, Chunk! No Captain Chunk!

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/us-rockers-metallica-to-headline-soundwave/story-e6frfn09-1226445679435#ixzz22uRc2MhO

definently some bands worth going for. but a lot that I either don't know yet or are a bit to screamo for my liking. Most may be old, but nostalgia is a great way to sell concert tickets.

pistolpete
08-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Sum41 are shit? Last time I went to Soundwave everyone was jizzing over them. They are bad enough on the wireless but terrible live. Am I missing something?

Interesting to see Blink 182 on the lineup. Didn't think Travis was keen on flying? Money must be tight.

Would be keen to see Linkin Park. Not a massive fan but i think it would be a decent show. Probably just look at a few sideshows as the crowd at these things annoys the hell out of me. I think I am just getting too old for this shit.

Bon
08-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Lineup is pretty good so far, although a lot more mainstream crap too.. (ie Blink 182, Sum 41, etc..)
I am pumped up to see Metallica again (word has it that they will be playing the Black album in its entirety), I didnt even realise A Perfect Circle still existed but will be worth seeing again.. Tomahawk, Ghost, Shai Hulud, Kyuss Lives are awesome..
The two bands that I will definitely be getting there to see are Vision Of Disorder and Periphery.. VoD are one of my "If I can see them live at least once in my life, I'll die a happy bloke" bands.. When I read they were coming out, it was stiffy-time.. :fap:

Apart from having VoD in there, at the moment I still think last years lineup was better.. More announcements to come!!!

furns
08-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I would go to see Linkin Park but knowing my luck they will play all their latest mainstream shit instead of when they were actually good ie Hybrid Theory.

skippy
08-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Sum41 are shit? Last time I went to Soundwave everyone was jizzing over them. They are bad enough on the wireless but terrible live. Am I missing something?

no

Rocknerd
10-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Sum 41 are probably shit but they had that one good song that was almost an anthem of the late 90's that's fun to sing along to . Nostalgia isn't a bad thing, I just hope there's some more cooler than cool bands released in the next line up (I'm sure there'll be a second line up announced next month).

q-money
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
sum41 are terrible, no redeeming features whatsoever

pistolpete
10-08-2012, 03:46 PM
sum41 are terrible, no redeeming features whatsoever

what he said

boz-monaut
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
I quite like them actually

pistolpete
10-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I quite like them actually

Good for you

parksey
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I would go to see Linkin Park but knowing my luck they will play all their latest mainstream shit instead of when they were actually good ie Hybrid Theory.

lol

slobsy
10-08-2012, 05:03 PM
lol

lololololololol

plague
10-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Sum41 played with Unwritten Law one night at the Workers a few years ago.
Thought they were OK.

If anyone else was at the Anthrax gig at the Palais a LOT of years ago you would be heading straight to see them at Soundwave.
Freaking awesome night.
Get on it lads.

Schultz
10-08-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRYdgytyX1g

Schultz
10-08-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBKGZiknr2U

Bon
11-08-2012, 11:36 AM
If anyone else was at the Anthrax gig at the Palais a LOT of years ago you would be heading straight to see them at Soundwave.
Freaking awesome night.
Get on it lads.

Wow, how long ago was it when they were at the Palais??
I'll be going to check them out again at Soundwave for sure..

parksey
11-08-2012, 11:44 AM
My Bloody Valentine coming to Aus for the All Tomorrow's Parties thing which is on Melbourne. Hopefully this means sideshows.

plague
11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Wow, how long ago was it when they were at the Palais??
I'll be going to check them out again at Soundwave for sure..

From memory it was about '96. Was blown away by not only how heavy they were, but the musicianship from the whole band was phenomenal. So tight, they were every bit in tune with each other as live bands like Primus and RATM. Just a great live band. How that will go on a big stage/outdoor I don't know but jeez, if there's better then you're in for a good day.

And Scotty Ian high fived me which was ****ing awesome.

Bon
13-08-2012, 02:10 PM
From memory it was about '96. Was blown away by not only how heavy they were, but the musicianship from the whole band was phenomenal. So tight, they were every bit in tune with each other as live bands like Primus and RATM. Just a great live band. How that will go on a big stage/outdoor I don't know but jeez, if there's better then you're in for a good day.

And Scotty Ian high fived me which was ****ing awesome.

Yeah I saw them at Soundwave a few years back, they were pretty damn awesome on the big stage. (Although in fairness, I had eaten some "cookies", so pretty much everything was awesome at the time..)
I think I would prefer to see them on a smaller, more intimate stage..

As for Vision Of Disorder coming out, as long as I get to see them live, I wouldnt mind if I didn't see any other band that day.
I grew up listening to them, like, you know when you first start discovering all the good things in life (women, booze, partying, etc).. This band were the soundtrack with my mates for that time in my life.. If that makes any sense? They broke up in early 2002, and reformed in the last couple of years.. Didn't think I'd ever get to see em, so I'm pretty damn excited..

parksey
14-08-2012, 10:34 PM
https://handsometours.ticketscout.com.au/gigs/795

Thurston Moore touring in October.

Bon
15-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Soundwave presale members tickets go on sale at 9am this morning..

Bon
17-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Just found out that Between The Buried And Me are coming over in November and touring with Animals As Leaders.. Its going to be a pretty immense show, BTBAM are easily one of the best bands that I've seen live when it comes to technicality and sound.. Just perfect..

When I was checking out the venue for this show, turns out it is at The Metro in Sydney.. Also discovered these other shows coming up at the Metro too!!
Oct 6 - Cannibal Corpse
Oct 28 - Shellac
Nov 1 - At The Gates

Brilliant stuff..

the blue manc
17-08-2012, 04:26 PM
slayer are also playing soundwave. just need megadeth now for the big 4.

Bon
18-08-2012, 09:36 AM
slayer are also playing soundwave. just need megadeth now for the big 4.

Yeah I just saw that.. Apart from Slayer, Cypress Hill and Sick Of It All, I'm not overly impressed with the second announcement..

pv4
22-08-2012, 10:31 AM
after jack black was on tom & alex's morning show on the j's the other week i went & bought Tenacious D - Rise of the Fenix. classic tenacious d - hilarious songs all round.

goaliepersempre
24-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Soundwave ticket :) pretty keen, although there will be the impending day of timetable clashes :/

A.J.
24-08-2012, 01:27 PM
The new album from The Smith Street Band, Sunshine and Technology is great. Awesome band out of Melbourne.

Also, holy shit, Refused tour!

Bon
24-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Also, holy shit, Refused tour!

You beat me to it!!! I was just about to post this..
Bloody hell, we have some awesome shows coming out before the end of the year..
Steel Panther, At The Gates, Refused, Between The Buried And Me, Animals As Leaders, High On Fire, Cannibal Corpse, Shellac, Turbonegro, Fear Factory, Architects, Radiohead, Psycroptic, Sunn O)))...

parksey
26-08-2012, 04:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnHczU3fC_w&feature=player_embedded

Bon
06-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Was just reading that The Mark Of Cain will be releasing a new album around the start of 2013, with a national tour to go with it..
Takes me back to my uni days.. hahaha

Marcus
13-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Was just reading that The Mark Of Cain will be releasing a new album around the start of 2013, with a national tour to go with it..

Lol I just started writing "takes me back" then realised you did too... uni bar. Good shows.

In other Australian music news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7lpftvYDMA

PWD. Still killing it.

plague
16-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Went and saw Julia Stone the other night (birthday gift for the missus).
Not exactly my kind of music

But

Holy shit she is amazing.

parksey
21-09-2012, 11:36 PM
new deftones song. they never disappoint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K_kyuVmMh8

pistolpete
22-09-2012, 07:33 AM

Loved those guys

Rocknerd
26-09-2012, 04:56 PM
New NOFX album is pretty Good, great solid sound and still taking potshots at terrorists!

Bon
02-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Anyone else heading down to see Steel Panther play at Luna Park this Friday night? Third time for me, going to be epic..
Even if you aren't in to that sort of music, they are one of the best on stage performances going around..
Plus a good trip to hit up the casino will be in order after the show.. :pissup:

parksey
02-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Should I go see Thurston Moore or go to the Victory game on the 16th?

slobsy
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM

The Mark of Cain, **** yes!

Regurgitator playing Tu Plang at the cambo the other night was pretty awesome.

I didn't bother sticking around for unit though.

slobsy
02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Should I go see Thurston Moore or go to the Victory game on the 16th?

Thurston Moore

Soccer is shit

Bon
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I have no idea who Thurston Moore is.. But I initially read it as "Thirsty Merc" and was about to blow up..

slobsy
02-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I have no idea who Thurston Moore is.. But I initially read it as "Thirsty Merc" and was about to blow up..

****ing lol!

pistolpete
02-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Regurgitator playing Tu Plang at the cambo the other night was pretty awesome.

Haven't seen them for years. Apparently they have been sucking alot of cock

parksey
02-10-2012, 03:21 PM

Guitarist/singer from Sonic Youth.

parksey
05-10-2012, 07:30 PM
First single from Deftones' upcoming album, KOI NO YOKAN, which is out next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgNBxNvAJg&feature=player_embedded

Bon
10-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, they just keep taking it to the next level.. Between The Buried And Me just released their latest album, along with this video clip for one of the songs..
Even if you don't like the style of music, at least watch the clip (or in particular, take some mind-altering substances and THEN watch the clip, hahaha.. Hectic stuff)
Can't wait to see them again in Nov..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Q9DknFFuM

Rocknerd
11-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Haven't seen them for years. Apparently they have been sucking alot of cock

one has to, to get where they are, especially when they've not release a decent album in years!

On a serious note though, Picked up Slightly Stoopids The longerst barrel ride including bonus disc of original self-titled album up for $11 on Ebay a few weeks ago. I've mentioned them before, but if you're in to Ska, punk, ska-core, ska-punk or generally like music by stoners then check them out.

They're like Sublime, just without the notorious fame brought about by your lead singer killing himdelf due to drug addiction.

slobsy
12-10-2012, 09:14 AM
one has to, to get where they are, especially when they've not release a decent album in years!

frankly, you all can suck my cock, Tu Plang is one of the greatest Australian albums of the era, i dont give a **** what they've done since.
Place went off, was just like the days of old, except the drugs aren't as good now.
Kick you in the face

Bon
12-10-2012, 09:42 AM
frankly, you all can suck my cock, Tu Plang is one of the greatest Australian albums of the era, i dont give a **** what they've done since.
Place went off, was just like the days of old, except the drugs aren't as good now.
Kick you in the face

Tell us what you really think, Slobs.. :gent:

furns
12-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Kick you in the face
agree

Rocknerd
12-10-2012, 11:08 AM
No one is saying their early stuff is crap, just their later stuff. you know around T-Rex and the like in 2001 onward.

Bon
25-10-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Of99B4fQ9tY

Flula doing his "auto-tunes" version of Gangnam Style.. Pretty damn clever.. haha

Rocknerd
31-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Dropkick Murphys new album to be released on 11/01/2013 in Australia. can't freaking wait!

sammydog
31-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Can't believe there has been no mention in here of the new KISS album. Actually, its not too bad.

Bon
02-11-2012, 11:46 AM
The new The Mark Of Cain album "Songs Of The Third And Fifth" comes out today.. Will definitely be giving it a listen to this arvo..

Also, tickets went on sale this morning for Black Sabbath coming out in April next year!!! (With almost the original lineup, Ozzy, Geezer and Iommi.. Only Bill Ward missing)..

Marcus
02-11-2012, 01:17 PM
New Parkway Drive is brutally ****ing awesome!

Football choon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OtXHehLfXI&feature=related

Marcus
02-11-2012, 01:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbZ5T4FQsuI&feature=related

slobsy
02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
The new The Mark Of Cain album "Songs Of The Third And Fifth" comes out today.. Will definitely be giving it a listen to this arvo..

sick, will have to check it out.

pv4
14-11-2012, 12:30 PM
*warning - don't watch if rebecca black (it's friday, friday, gotta get down on friday) makes you want to abort any child entering this world*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZSBq8geuJk0

i genuinely can't figure out if it's a gag/parody of friday, or it's serious.

parksey
14-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Lotus Flower
Airbag
Bloom
The Daily Mail
Myxomatosis
Bodysnatchers
The Gloaming
Separator
How to Disappear Completely
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Reckoner
There There
The National Anthem
Feral
Paranoid Android

Encore:
Give Up the Ghost
Kid A
Identikit
I Might Be Wrong
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Encore 2:
15 Step
True Love Waits
Everything in Its Right Place

Encore 3:
Idioteque

setlist from Radiohead last night. Such a good night.

sh10
14-11-2012, 03:54 PM
No creep? Did you demand a refund?

parksey
14-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Couldn't care less about Creep really.

WolfMan
14-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Quick question - do pre-arranged encores annoy you? They piss me right off, incidentally. If you are gonna play 20 songs, play them. Don't play 12, then another 6 and then 2 more to try and make us feel like we got more than we paid for.

I'm not directing this at any band in particular, just seems to be the trend over the last 10 years or so.

parksey
14-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Quick question - do pre-arranged encores annoy you? They piss me right off, incidentally. If you are gonna play 20 songs, play them. Don't play 12, then another 6 and then 2 more to try and make us feel like we got more than we paid for.

I'm not directing this at any band in particular, just seems to be the trend over the last 10 years or so.

In a way it's stupid, but if you just think of it as a chance for the band to take a short break before they finish the set off it makes sense.

plague
15-11-2012, 12:16 AM
No creep? Did you demand a refund?

No Khe San?

pv4
15-11-2012, 05:21 AM

are you max lavergne from jjj in disguise?

Rocknerd
15-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Dropkick Murphys with the Swinging Utters tix went on sale today! **** being poor! I can't buy any now and will have to wait until next year to try and buy some of some scalper on the net!

parksey
16-11-2012, 12:11 PM
just bought myself a ticket for dinosaur jr. at the hi-fi in march.

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Wow Last night Wow............

Bon
19-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Wow Last night Wow............

What was last night?

pv4
19-11-2012, 09:09 AM
he was in para, para, paradise. and it was all yellow.

Bon
19-11-2012, 09:29 AM
he was in para, para, paradise. and it was all yellow.

Oh...
How many shows were they playing in the one area?

pv4
19-11-2012, 09:36 AM
seemingly they're doing a show or two every day. my niece went down to melbz on mon-wed to see them, i think they've been doing a few sydney shows (think my mate sent me a pic of him @ allianz stadium watching them?). i think the mrs said she saw them on weekend morning sunrise (is that what it's called? they're all the same show to me) on sat/sun @ the opera house.

they get around

Bon
19-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, Thursday morning they were on Sunrise at the Opera house.. (touted by the show as the "World's Biggest Band".. hahaha)

Bon
19-11-2012, 09:59 AM
On another note.. I was in Sydney on Sat night to see Between The Buried And Me play at the Metro.. (With Animals As Leaders as main support)..
Unbelievably good show, however once again the sound at the Metro was just overly loud and muddy.. For two bands that are extremely technical with a lot of things going on in songs, probably not the best venue for it.

Can confirm that Five Star Kebabs is blatant false-advertising.. 2 Star at best..

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Played 2 shows in Melbz, (i think) def 2 shows in Syd (sat and sun)

Saw they set up for a little show at the opera house on the wednesday. Played a couple of songs I think.

I have a wide music taste, from classical music, to hardstyle (defqon 1 etc festivals) to general rock bands etc etc etc but the coldplay gigs I have been to have been amazing...

parksey
19-11-2012, 02:56 PM
they were pretty awesome hey. would have liked a longer set, though.

and they pretty much are the biggest band in the world.

goaliepersempre
19-11-2012, 03:13 PM
they were pretty awesome hey. would have liked a longer set, though.

and they pretty much are the biggest band in the world.

Did you go last night? was awesome with the wind and the butterfly and heart confetti pretty much filling up the entire stadium and the beach balls flying and floating in the air. Such a great show. :)

even from people who before hand where not fans where amazed at the show.

parksey
19-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Did you go last night? was awesome with the wind and the butterfly and heart confetti pretty much filling up the entire stadium and the beach balls flying and floating in the air. Such a great show. :)

even from people who before hand where not fans where amazed at the show.

yeah I was there last night. the visuals and crowd interaction were top notch, everyone was involved; I've never really been to a show like that before. I think it would be pretty hard for anyone not to have enjoyed the concert even if they aren't fans of the band.

Bon
07-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Anyone get down to Sydney last night to see Turbonegro play??
I wish I had..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQlfa1q97o

Bon
19-12-2012, 10:40 AM
New song by Alice In Chains has dropped today:
Only listened to it a couple of times, but not sure I'm too convinced by it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tmbv9ePGQo

parksey
19-12-2012, 11:02 AM
i'm gonna live review this song:

straight up, pretty gnarly riff

parksey
19-12-2012, 11:02 AM
vocals are classic cantrell which i'm digging

parksey
19-12-2012, 11:04 AM
chorus :/

parksey
19-12-2012, 11:21 AM
kinda peters out in the end

Bon
19-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah, it starts off pretty tough, but then just seems to repeat the same stuff over and over..
Something I found them doing a little too much on the last album.. Like, they could cut the song in half and it would still have the same stuff in it, just more impact..

Bon
11-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Ahhhh.. Love this time of year for concerts..
Obviously BDO and Soundwave are coming up, but the sideshows are all looking pretty damn tops..

Just got tickets for Earth Crisis on Feb 1, and the sidewave show for Vision Of Disorder, Sick Of It All and Madball on Feb 26..
(Contemplating flying to Melbs for the show the next night too, grew up listening to Vision Of Disorder and have been waiting a loooooooong time for them to come back out)

Bon
11-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the Music or Comedy thread..
But if you want a good laugh, the guitarist for the religo band For Today has come out on Twitter saying how much homosexuality is a sin..
They are being flamed soooooooooooooo hard right now.. The comments section on the page is going off..
http://www.theprp.com/2013/01/10/news/for-today-guitarist-mike-reynolds-dont-be-deceived-homosexuality-is-a-sin/

parksey
15-01-2013, 11:37 AM
finally listening to the bonus discs from the mellon collie remaster. holy shit so much good stuff here; x.y.u (take 11) is currently burning my face off.

q-money
15-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the Music or Comedy thread..
But if you want a good laugh, the guitarist for the religo band For Today has come out on Twitter saying how much homosexuality is a sin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7I5UaB7mx4

speaking of the pet shop boys, that was one of the greatest shows i have ever seen at V festival back in the day, every other bloke was seeing the pixies "for the last ever time" (until they played a squillion shows over the next few years).

top class woo-woos

parksey
15-01-2013, 11:54 AM
oh i get it

parksey
15-01-2013, 11:56 AM
have never really listened to the pet shop boys.

did get our latest dog from them, though.

q-money
15-01-2013, 12:08 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/20zv0wh.gif

parksey
15-01-2013, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_st5-WNLg

parksey
15-01-2013, 12:25 PM
you going to see foals, q-mo?

q-money
15-01-2013, 12:27 PM
nuh, i didn't even know they were out, there will be heinous amounts of jb there, we should send sla

next thing i'm going to will be EL-P at the oxford arts, he was mad last time, place went farken off

parksey
15-01-2013, 12:31 PM
you fool. they're playing bdo and have their sideshow on the 23rd in Sydney I think. I'm going to bdo so I'll see them there.

also going to laneway and got myself a ticket to the xx for their april show.

el-p - the white eminem.

q-money
15-01-2013, 12:35 PM
el-p - the white eminem.
i see wut you did there

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh8z8JY9dazBuK7mBg

:rof: at the comments

http://i.imgur.com/RmJM3.png

goaliepersempre
15-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I saw ELP and thought Emerson Lake and Palmer opps :sigh:

parksey
15-01-2013, 12:42 PM
haha i can't watch the vid at the moment because my net is dying

SeeS - the black macklemore

goaliepersempre
21-01-2013, 03:13 PM
https://www.proticket.com.au/event.asp?eventid=2323

thoughts of Guns and Roses in town at Turton Rd?

furns
21-01-2013, 03:26 PM
They are going to ruin the pitch - again

parksey
22-01-2013, 11:57 PM
attn: q-mo - new foals album has leaked

was a bit underwhelmed on first listen but it gets better with each spin. some killer tracks on here. not as good at total life forever, though, not yet at least.

plague
26-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Haha. Triple J listeners have voted this generations "Pretty Fly (for white guy)" as number 1 in the hottest 100.
Enjoy sniffing your own farts on that one hippies.

militiamon
26-01-2013, 10:38 PM
uno dos tres cuatro cinco cinco seis

hawk
26-01-2013, 10:57 PM
speaking of the pet shop boys, that was one of the greatest shows i have ever seen at V festival back in the day, every other bloke was seeing the pixies "for the last ever time" (until they played a squillion shows over the next few years).

PSB>electronic

parksey
27-01-2013, 01:51 AM
burying the hatchet of another shit hottest 100 with rage against the machine and mellon collie

good to see grimes, frank ocean and tame impala get a few songs each but overall pretty shit once again

alt-j are the most overrated band since the strokes

parksey
27-01-2013, 01:54 AM
but the strokes are actually good

parksey
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
new mbv album finally released over night. have only heard snippets but it sounds pretty nice.

q-money
04-02-2013, 05:01 PM
PSB>electronic

what are you on pal

parksey
04-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Something, q, mbv

Bon
07-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Just announced today that Tool are coming back out to Aus in April/May (will play in Sydney on 3rd of May).. Tickets go on sale on the 19th of Feb..

Also it would appear that the Soundwave timetable has been released overnight.. A lot of people getting all menstrual on social media (or maybe just friends of mine that are whiney bitches, hahah) about clashes of times..

http://media.musicfeeds.com.au/files/64cb0600b6e0975fc72b1815cfdab73a.jpg

parksey
07-02-2013, 09:23 AM
why are tool touring again? sell outs.

Bon
07-02-2013, 09:25 AM
why are tool touring again? sell outs.

I'm going to assume they will be playing the odd song off the new album that will be due out later this year.. Nice way of whetting the apetite and getting people pumped to fork out cheddar for the album..

parksey
07-02-2013, 09:31 AM
haha as if. the new album will never come out.

Bon
07-02-2013, 09:33 AM
haha as if. the new album will never come out.

Hahahaha True..
I wasn't that huge on their last album or two.. Some awesome stuff, but way too much art-faggery and ambient wank-offs..
Will still be an immense show..

the blue manc
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
no clashes for me. six feet under,killswitch,ghost,anthrax,tomahawk,slayer and tallica thanks very much.

Bon
09-02-2013, 06:24 PM
no clashes for me. six feet under,killswitch,ghost,anthrax,tomahawk,slayer and tallica thanks very much.

Ahhh good stuff man..
Yeah I don't have any clashes either.. I think its mainly people blowing up about the three "big" bands being on at the same time.. What do they expect though?

parksey
14-02-2013, 12:33 AM
any hip hop fans out there keeping up to date with the new wave of guys coming through?

big fan of kendrick and asap rocky at the moment. drake is surprisingly good and joey bada$$ is promising.

Bon
14-02-2013, 08:18 AM
any hip hop fans out there keeping up to date with the new wave of guys coming through?

big fan of kendrick and asap rocky at the moment. drake is surprisingly good and joey bada$$ is promising.

I thought we were mates, Parksey..

q-money
14-02-2013, 11:31 AM

rate kendrick, drake i can take or leave, not sold on asap

joey bada$$ has absolutely killer track selection, kid can pick a beat, good rapper to

nas, 2 chainz (oh dis gon be gud) and badass will be out in april at movement, think i'll stump for it

nas is brilliant live

t.i. is still making one decent track an album, trae tha truth's blackprint mixtape is dope if you're into h-town rap, will go for some digz and report back

q-money
14-02-2013, 11:34 AM
oh yeah, park dog, go cop EL-P - cancer for cure and killer mike - R.A.P music

should be listened to together (not at the same time lol)

Bon
14-02-2013, 12:14 PM
A few tense moments with the Ticketek site going batshit, but sorted out my pre-sale tickets for Tool just then..

parksey
14-02-2013, 01:18 PM
oh yeah, park dog, go cop EL-P - cancer for cure and killer mike - R.A.P music

should be listened to together (not at the same time lol)

saw a bit of el-p at laneway and he was pretty good. will check these out.

parksey
14-02-2013, 01:19 PM
do you have long.live.asap, q?

Schultz
14-02-2013, 07:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvSfeanNFIM

Beeen
14-02-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs

Anyone going next month? :yay:

Swifts
14-02-2013, 08:51 PM
do you have long.live.asap, q?

just picked up long live asap for $15, bargain.

parksey
14-02-2013, 11:41 PM
just picked up long live asap for $15, bargain.

yeah, from jb right? top album. title track, pmw and ghetto symphony are my stand outs.

picked up foals new one for $10 at jb tonight. had heard the leak but it's good to have a better quality version; really enjoying this one.

Swifts
15-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Nah got it from Sanity for $15 which was a surprise. I wasn't really planning on buying anything, just saw it for a decent price and picked it up.

slobsy
15-02-2013, 02:59 PM
suggest Action Bronson - Rare Chandeliers or Bon Appetit...Bitch!

slobsy
15-02-2013, 03:00 PM
EL-P - cancer for cure

this is good

Rocknerd
15-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Anyone else got the New Dropkick Murphys album? Pretty rockin' kicks all colours of shit out of my stereo. Don't miss them come April!

parksey
20-02-2013, 11:24 PM
asap rocky coming to the enmore in sydney in june (iirc). might have to go to that one.

got PMW blasting right now :smoke:

Rocknerd
22-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Whose coming to soundwave? I got offered a ticket today so am going to get my thrash on!

pv4
22-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Anyone else got the New Dropkick Murphys album? Pretty rockin' kicks all colours of shit out of my stereo. Don't miss them come April!

ha

haven't thought of these guys in years

i used to have one album, i think it was called blackout. absolutely loved it, used to blast it all the time. my old man used to love them too.

where is their gig, and how much are tickets?

also, what albums do you recommend i listen to, having not listened to anything from them except that one i got in the early 2000s?

Bon
22-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Whose coming to soundwave? I got offered a ticket today so am going to get my thrash on!

Yeah mate, I'll be down there!!

Rocknerd
22-02-2013, 11:08 AM
ha

haven't thought of these guys in years

i used to have one album, i think it was called blackout. absolutely loved it, used to blast it all the time. my old man used to love them too.

where is their gig, and how much are tickets?

also, what albums do you recommend i listen to, having not listened to anything from them except that one i got in the early 2000s?

Gigs at either the big top at Luna Park Sydney or Panthers in Newy, Supported by the Swinging Udders! All of there shit is good Tix are close to $80 after booking fee and postal charges, my top 5 would be

1. Sing loud, Sing Proud- Forever, Good RatsCaps and Bottles, The Wild Rover (traditional) and the Spicy McHaggis Jig
2. Meanest of Times- Much more a return to the Hardcore styles of their first album (F)lanigans ball, God Willing
3. Signed and Sealed in Blood- Latest album, It's just fun punk/hardcore having fun like nothing else best played louder than loud
4. Going out in Style- a sort of obituary album to a mythical boston Legend includes some vocals in title track by Chris Cheney and Fat Mike, Peg'o my heart is a duet with Bruce Springstein.
5. The Gang's all here- Devil's Brigade, First album with new lead singer Al Barr after Mike left to become a firey before then going on to form the Street Dogs.

As I said, it's all good. Blackout is a good album, Black velvet band, the dirt Glass and Kiss Me I'm Shit faced are all great songs.

Rocknerd
22-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Yeah mate, I'll be down there!!

Who are you going to see? I only know half of the bands (haven't had time to keep up with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way) I hear Madball are good?

q-money
22-02-2013, 11:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1yyCb9cBYU

newy

Bon
22-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Who are you going to see? I only know half of the bands (haven't had time to keep up with 2 kids and a 3rd on the way) I hear Madball are good?

I'm all about Vision Of Disorder.. Grew up listening to those badboys and have been waiting since 1997 to see them live..
Other then that I'll be hitting up Killswitch Engage, Ghost, Periphery, Cypress Hill, Tomahawk, Slayer and of course Metallica..
In theory.. hahaha

Bon
26-02-2013, 11:50 AM
How did you go at Soundwave, Rocknerd??
Who did you see? Highlights? Lowlights?

Rocknerd
26-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I went well, but my knees took a flogging. My day was full of drama musically speaking though, Missed the sharks because there gear din't arrive, Vandals were Awesome, though their set was cut because of the stage 2 dramas, Flogging Molly were great but again a cut down set, then we headed out for a bite and a beer, couaght some of Stone sour but the sound was quite distorted from the side (1b) seats so couldn't really enjoy it.
Cypress Hill were great, my favourite quote this weekend was if Metal festivals ever stop booking them we'll need to start going to Music festivals. Then over to Sick Of it all and that was crazy good, about 20 lads slam dancing, Circle work and the great divide. Missed the sharks again due to set list changes but already being at Sick of it all.
then met up with my friends again for Blinks (meh) and Offspring who were great, but man is Dexter looking old, He looks easily 10 years older than Noodles.

Lowlight was definently Myself Indulgence, What a wanker. Plus they use backing tracks rather than a synth player so are traped into playing their music straight. Lead singer is a massive douche and his jokes left me wanting to stomp on his face.

Also ran into heaps of random people

the blue manc
27-02-2013, 04:12 PM
my Soundwave was pretty rocking first up Anthrax they still got it. put on a good show,then i was off to see Kingdom of Sorrow on stage 3. **** they killed it. the singer from Hatebreed and the guitarist from crowbar/down.then the mighty Slayer slaughtered everyone with a brutal set. up next swedish doom metal Ghost another good one then off to see the mighty Tallica. i've seen these guys about six time and the still blow me away.they still put on a great show

parksey
02-03-2013, 04:19 PM
anyone heard the new bowie album yet? pretty bloody good. not sure why his vocals are buried so low in the mix because they sound as good as they have in years.

might just be a bad rip.

sammydog
02-03-2013, 04:24 PM
my Soundwave was pretty rocking first up Anthrax they still got it. put on a good show,

What was the setlist like for anthrax, much of a mix of the new album and early stuff, are they playing any of the John Bush era tunes? Gutted I couldn't make it for their sideshow.

The Dunster
02-03-2013, 06:49 PM
anyone heard the new bowie album yet? pretty bloody good. not sure why his vocals are buried so low in the mix because they sound as good as they have in years.

might just be a bad rip.

What past Bowie album does it remind you of ?

parksey
03-03-2013, 02:55 PM
What past Bowie album does it remind you of ?

i'm not really sure. it's kinda like scary monsters or diamond dogs.

The Dunster
03-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Cheers. I'll check it out.

parksey
03-03-2013, 10:13 PM
gave the new nick cave a listen before and it was pretty good too. loved jubilee st and mermaid.

got the next day on again now and really enjoying it. it doesn't come out until the 13th of march, dunst, so i'm just listening to a average quality rip from the itunes stream.

plague
05-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I happened to be stuck in a situation today when a Creed song came on the radio.
Creed were Nickleback before Nickleback were Nickleback.

**** those bands.

parksey
07-03-2013, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q_NBHpa9N8

really takes flight around 2:30

parksey
07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
also, q-mun, james blake is playing an intimate set at verbrugghen hall on the 22nd of this month. tix on sale monday.

Bon
14-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Just saw that Jello Biafra will be coming back out to Aus and playing at the Metro in Sydney on 18th of May..
Supported by Hard-Ons and Zeahorse..

plague
14-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Supported by Hard-Ons[/B]..

WHOA!!!!

First time I saw Hard Ons was when they did BDO with Jerry A from Poison Idea on lead vocals.

Dudes always tell me they did a similar thing with Henry Rollins as well.

Good times.

parksey
14-03-2013, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doO9xLAjsfw

thank me later

Rocknerd
19-03-2013, 01:09 PM
http://music.slightlystoopid.com/

Free album download of one of my favourite bands. If you love Sublime, you'll dig these guys, they were originally signed (in high school(pun intended))by Bradly Nowell own record label Skunk Records

Bon
28-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I've been cranking out some Austrian Death Machine over the last week or so.. Its a parody "band" about Arnold Schwarzenegger, and every song is about his classic one liners from his films..
Its the singer from As I Lay Dying who plays all instruments on the songs (except for solos, he gets guests from other bands to do them, ie Killswitch Engage, Darkest Hour, Unearth, Human Abstract)..
Great songs like "Get To Da Choppa", "It's Not A Tumor", "If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It", Who Is Your Daddy, And What Does He Do", etc..
Hilarious stuff, and some pretty meaty riffs..

parksey
08-04-2013, 09:58 PM
new james blake album is tremendous

Grimario
16-04-2013, 06:15 PM
New Alice in Chains song, Stone. The riff is just ****ing delicious, I tells ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZvJ83tblz3M#!

Bon
16-04-2013, 08:49 PM
New Alice in Chains song, Stone. The riff is just ****ing delicious, I tells ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZvJ83tblz3M#!

Yeah Grim!!!!
Pretty sweet song, I'm going to have to pump it a few more times though..

parksey
16-04-2013, 10:53 PM
jesus, that's some riff

Bon
29-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Anyone else got tickets to go and see Tool play in Sydney this Fri night?

sammydog
29-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Anyone else got tickets to go and see Tool play in Sydney this Fri night?

Nope, but still got the poster and setlist from the show at the Bar On The Hill in the 90's.

the blue manc
29-04-2013, 07:24 PM
picked up the new Ghost the other day. pretty sweet album

Bon
29-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Nope, but still got the poster and setlist from the show at the Bar On The Hill in the 90's.

Ahhhh now THAT would have been a show to get to.. Didnt it absolutely belt down with rain that night and cause power problems or something?

picked up the new Ghost the other day. pretty sweet album

Ghost are awesome!! I was heaps disappointed that I missed them at Soundwave..

sammydog
29-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Ahhhh now THAT would have been a show to get to.. Didnt it absolutely belt down with rain that night and cause power problems or something?

Sure did, water dripped into the bass amp and shut shut it down if I remember correctly.

The week after the show I was on a dive trip in the barrier reef. The roadie who was supposed to run the video screen (which they couldn't set up because there was no space) said the band freaked when they found out they were playing what looked like a small cafeteria when they turned up. It turned out being the best show of the tour from their perspective and at the time they didn't play encores. At the Bar On The Hill they actually decided to play one given how awesome the night was, but the rain put an end to it when the bass amp fried.

Never seen so many people wedged into the place though. Awesome night and seeing tool at big venues after that just hasn't been the same.

Bon
30-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Sure did, water dripped into the bass amp and shut shut it down if I remember correctly.

The week after the show I was on a dive trip in the barrier reef. The roadie who was supposed to run the video screen (which they couldn't set up because there was no space) said the band freaked when they found out they were playing what looked like a small cafeteria when they turned up. It turned out being the best show of the tour from their perspective and at the time they didn't play encores. At the Bar On The Hill they actually decided to play one given how awesome the night was, but the rain put an end to it when the bass amp fried.

Never seen so many people wedged into the place though. Awesome night and seeing tool at big venues after that just hasn't been the same.

Ahhhh mate.. That is brilliant..
And look at that setlist.. If only we could still have that sort of set played now..
Don't get me wrong, I like their new albums but it just doesnt compare to Opiate/Undertow/Aenema.. Those were the days..

stretch
12-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Digital Mystikz - Anti-War Dub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOIXdC4rgA

q-money
12-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Digital Mystikz - Anti-War Dub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mOIXdC4rgA

geeeeeeeeeeez big stretch coming through with the absolute heavyweight sounds

classic dubstep, DMZ (y)

have seen this tune smash many a dance to this day

parksey
13-05-2013, 12:05 AM
cop this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1aj_godWE

Bon
14-05-2013, 09:27 AM
The Dillinger Escape Plan have a new album that comes out today..
Still one of the best bands I've seen live, just so much energy and aggression.. Greg Puciato (the singer) is an absolute nutbag.. Loves his pornstar g/f too.. hahhahaha
Ignore the middle section of this video when they get a bloated Chino Moreno (Deftones) out to sing along too.. First few minutes and last few minutes are just intense..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4VUI0AHPRM&feature=share

My2BobsWorth
25-05-2013, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAHZBjMv_6k

Grimario
27-05-2013, 02:06 PM
New Matthew Good track, whoo. Still 4 months till new album, ergh.

http://youtu.be/9_S-Ajjk0PQ

My2BobsWorth
30-05-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

I'm interested in different guitar styles

pv4
03-06-2013, 06:17 AM
did erryone get their hottest 100 votes in? post your lists up here if you did. where did y'all say you wanted to get jetted out to if you won the prize?

for my list i went with the songs i've had amazing memories linked with (whether it was live, or moments with friends, or whatever), rather than the outright best 20 i remember.

arctic monkeys - i bet you look good on the dancefloor
art vs science - magic fountain
birds of tokyo - silhouettic
daft punk - harder, better, faster, stronger
eminem - without me
foster the people - pumped up kicks
franz ferdinand - take me out
fun - some nights
grinderman - palaces of montezuma
kanye west - nigga$ in paris
kendrick lamar - swimming pools (drank)
outkast - hey ya!
philadelphia grand jury - i don't want to party (party)
queens of the stone age - no one knows
shaggy - it wasn't me
snoop dogg - drop it like it's hot
system of a down - radio video
the living end - prisoner of society
the prodigy - smack my bitch up
the wombats - let's dance to joy division

parksey
03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
couldn't really narrow it down so i didn't bother.

ps: *jay-z & kanye west - nigga$ in paris

russjaybee
03-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Diggin' these new albums

Rudimental - Home
Major Lazer - Free the Universe
The Tongue - Surrender to Victory

Rudimental's album is top notch.

sammydog
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Bit of a blast from the pst, but I just picked up The Porkers, Live at Nakanoshima

goaliepersempre
09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
some faith has been given to hottest 100 of last 20 years lol.. although not over yet....

russjaybee
09-06-2013, 10:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdpAVIHgo

pv4
13-06-2013, 04:32 AM
have been really digging yacht club djs new(ish) mixtape recently.

https://soundcloud.com/yachtclubdjsmusic

that drop @ 2:20 <3

Rocknerd
03-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Man! I haven't been in here for a while!

Australian Vans warped tour 2013 1st line up announcement happening 10/07/2013! hopefully it'll be a decent line up with plenty of new and old.

Wish list

FIDLAR
DKM's (unlikely)
Bad Religion
NOFX
Swinging Utters
ME First
Lagwagon
Tiger Army
Sick of it All
Slightly Stoopid
Teenage Bottle Rocket
Billy Talent
RDGLDGRN

Aussie acts
28 Days (they're touring the Anniversary Upside on the down and that album rocked!)
Frenzal
The Rumjacks
Melb Ska Orchestra
The Ramshackle Army
Sydney City Trash
Graveyard Train

sammydog
03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
It needs The Porkers included on your lineup.

Rocknerd
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
The Porker s are just Pete Porker these days. but hey if any of them are willing to get back together I'd be up for that. Love me some Porkers.

Also needs more Bosstones.

russjaybee
05-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Been digging Twelve Foot Ninja over the last couple of weeks, not my usual cup of tea but really fkn loving it. Video clips are a laugh too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ST85Sui43Q

Rocknerd
15-07-2013, 03:47 PM
So Vans Warped tour has become a farce, mostly melodic hardcore (less hard more scream if you ask me) or power pop bands. So disappointed. I'll have to look at the later releases but if they're going to walk out this trash I'l stick to soundwave.

slobsy
23-07-2013, 08:32 PM
The Hieroglyphics new album streaming here

http://www.spin.com/articles/hieroglyphics-the-kitchen-album-stream-sleeprockers/

suggest you check it

q-money
24-07-2013, 12:01 AM
how's fat as butter ay?

jeez they are taking the piss

booka shade the only thing worth going for, gym class heroes fmd what a bunch of fart merchants

slobsy
24-07-2013, 01:37 AM
how's fat as butter ay?

jeez they are taking the piss

booka shade the only thing worth going for, gym class heroes fmd what a bunch of fart merchants

I've never even heard of these cunce ay

wheres cube?