PDA

View Full Version : Gallaway

pv4
10-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Discuss.

weston
10-01-2014, 10:00 PM
A+ for his effort most times.

Though thats where all the praise stops.

boz-monaut
10-01-2014, 10:35 PM
should have been stillborn

- Sanchez 2010

Schultz
10-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Lolz beautiful comment.

Thomas477
10-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Gallaway is miles ahead of Brown tbh.

joel31
10-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Tries hard but has lack of positional and spatial awareness.

Tommyjet
10-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Best game in a while for him

stopper2
10-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Why would anyone be bagging out one of our defenders after a totally inept and unimaginative performance from our attackers. Both Gallaway and Pepper were good tonight and done their respective jobs for the team as fullbacks.

la bazzle
11-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Gallaway is a stinker. How he is in our starting line up every week shows our lack of depth and honestly he stinks.

Thread of the year pv4 may not be gypo after all

Jetmaster
11-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Why would anyone be bagging out one of our defenders after a totally inept and unimaginative performance from our attackers. Both Gallaway and Pepper were good tonight and done their respective jobs for the team as fullbacks.

Neither Pepper nor Galloway are A-League quality fullbacks....they lack any attacking capability and never look confident.

furns
11-01-2014, 01:38 AM
you want to post a rant thread - by all means.

Dont equate a person to aids - ever. We are trying to entice people to join this foz, posting that sort of crap just turns people away.

la bazzle
11-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Personally I was enticed and turned towards

boz-monaut
11-01-2014, 07:58 AM
wondered why the thread title had been changed overnight

assumed it was to avoid offending anyone with the AIDS

plague
11-01-2014, 08:26 AM
wondered why the thread title had been changed overnight

assumed it was to avoid offending anyone with the AIDS

Why would we care what Hutcho thinks?

(Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week).

Nelson Bay Road
11-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Gallaway couldn't cross a ball to save himself.. He bombs forward gets in a position to whip a ball in and most times kicks it into his defender

pv4
11-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Personally I was enticed and turned towards

:cool:

la bazzle
11-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Don't even care about gallagay anymore, Griffs back!!

Newy
11-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Agree with La Bazzle...

Galloway a stinker....

But grif will now score more goals then that stinker costs us...

pv4
11-01-2014, 11:33 PM
He stinks

Griff doesn't

Carn griff

11-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Tries hard enough but constantly runs himself into dead ends and in defence he may as well be on a different continent to his opponent.

pv4
12-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Can we at least change the thread title to "gallaway stinks". Its a negative thread, for negative thoughts to be released. Maybe new members would like to join us in venting about gallaways stinkiness

stopper2
12-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Can we at least change the thread title to "gallaway stinks". Its a negative thread, for negative thoughts to be released. Maybe new members would like to join us in venting about gallaways stinkiness

Here we go again, bag out the young players still finding their feet at this level who are probably on what maybe 80k.
Lets be honest here....are we getting our moneys worth from our marquee?....DEFINITELY NO!!! But no on has the balls to come out and say it because it's much easier to just pick on the usual scapegoats like Gallaway and Pepper...like years ago when Wheelhouse and Hoffman were bagged out continuously.

plague
12-01-2014, 12:31 AM
He will instantly get better just by being in the presence of The Griff.
You just wait and see.

la bazzle
12-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Agreed.... Needs stinks in title

Aidsface
12-01-2014, 12:35 AM
you want to post a rant thread - by all means.

Dont equate a person to aids - ever. We are trying to entice people to join this foz, posting that sort of crap just turns people away.

I agree.

la bazzle
12-01-2014, 12:35 AM
My life is complete

MFKS
12-01-2014, 12:39 AM
He will instantly get better just by being in the presence of The Griff.
You just wait and see.

Does that also apply to Deans Middleby and GVE???

If so Griff will have his work cut out carrying all these dead weights whilst still retaining his awesomeness

seldom
12-01-2014, 01:55 AM
what he lacks in talent he makes up for in presentation

hawk
12-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Tries hard enough but constantly runs himself into dead ends and in defence he may as well be on a different continent to his opponent.

this

goaliepersempre
12-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Rubbish

sanchez
12-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Go away, Gallaway

Nou Camp
13-01-2014, 12:50 PM
if gallaway has this negative thred where is peppers?? he honks the most out of anyone in the team
has cost us way too many goals this year

MFKS
13-01-2014, 12:53 PM
if gallaway has this negative thred where is peppers?? he honks the most out of anyone in the team
has cost us way too many goals this year

Coz Peppz is a born and bred Newy Lad. More slack cut.

Not his fault also our dickhead of a coach insists on trying to make him into a full back when he shows no idea on how to play the position

russjaybee
13-01-2014, 01:02 PM
There should be any "out" threads for players, just threads for them that have all opinions on them.

This isn't a negative thread Nou Camp, it's clearly just labelled "Gallaway", the topic is the player. If all the posts are negative then it's probably because most people on here do not rate him.

If you don't like Pepper then you should post that in his thread, if he doesn't have one then create one.

joel31
13-01-2014, 01:04 PM
There should be any "out" threads for players, just threads for them that have all opinions on them.

This isn't a negative thread Nou Camp, it's clearly just labelled "Gallaway", the topic is the player. If all the posts are negative then it's probably because most people on here do not rate him.

If you don't like Pepper then you should post that in his thread, if he doesn't have one then create one.
The thread was originally named "Gallaway = Aids" until Furns changed it

Grimario
13-01-2014, 01:06 PM

Not his fault also our dickhead of a coach insists on trying to make him into a full back when he shows no idea on how to play the position

Sammy G, born and bred NNSW lad, which we are supposed to be utilising to it's fullest potential.

Nou Camp
13-01-2014, 01:29 PM

question..
would you rather make the finals with no or little local players or
not make the finals with majority local players?

i would consider gallaway local
from coffs which is NNSW and moved here when he was like 14/15 (something like that)

pv4
13-01-2014, 01:31 PM
The thread was originally named "Gallaway = Aids" until Furns changed it

Proof?

furns
13-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Proof?He is correct.
I am seriously considering combining the multiples into single player threads rather than having 500 threads on the same player.

Constantly bagging out our own players, just doesnt sit right with me. Be constructive, "he is shite" is not a valid reason ffs
Very few of you get to meet the players, some of them do read the internet and can actually hear you during the games. Not all of them have Tarek's thick skin to battle it until the boo-boys see the error of their ways.

Oh and by the way, no-one is right or wrong. Football is a game of opinions.
Unless you're MFKS. Then you're just talking bollocks ;)

Grimario
13-01-2014, 01:58 PM
furns = shit

Get that thread started, please. I don't do threads anymore, not ever since DG died.

MFKS
13-01-2014, 02:05 PM
question..
would you rather make the finals with no or little local players or
not make the finals with majority local players?

i would consider gallaway local
from coffs which is NNSW and moved here when he was like 14/15 (something like that)

As I said Peppz is a Newy Born and Bred Lad. Sammy maybe from our Catchment area but he wasn't born and raised in Newy let alone some other far flung part of the Hunter like the West Lakes area :trolls:

I would actually prefer to make the FINALS point blank for a change and couldn't give a **** where the players come from and would happily accept 11 Gypo born and raised players if it meant we had a very good side.

We spent years not making the finals with Locals in the Breakers days so I have been there done that

plague
13-01-2014, 02:07 PM
He is correct.
I am seriously considering combining the multiples into single player threads rather than having 500 threads on the same player.

Constantly bagging out our own players, just doesnt sit right with me. Be constructive, "he is shite" is not a valid reason ffs
Very few of you get to meet the players, some of them do read the internet and can actually hear you during the games. Not all of them have Tarek's thick skin to battle it until the boo-boys see the error of their ways.

Oh and by the way, no-one is right or wrong. Football is a game of opinions.
Unless you're MFKS. Then you're just talking bollocks ;)

Wait, what?
We can bag players on here?
Jeez, I might need to give Middleby and ForeverRed a break then.

howardyou
13-01-2014, 02:13 PM
I like him. But needs a bit more maturity which will come. A bit too gung-ho with no forward thinking it seems just now. But gives 110% and defends okay enough. I like him more than D'Apuzzo.

Jeterpool
13-01-2014, 02:33 PM

Sounds like a sensible move

Jeterpool
13-01-2014, 02:44 PM
I like him. But needs a bit more maturity which will come. A bit too gung-ho with no forward thinking it seems just now. But gives 110% and defends okay enough. I like him more than D'Apuzzo.

So do I.

I think half of Sam's issues are caused by the fact he's pushed so high up the field, so if we turn it over he appears out of position.

I might be wrong, but it's just a theory.

MFKS
13-01-2014, 03:01 PM
So do I.

I think half of Sam's issues are caused by the fact he's pushed so high up the field, so if we turn it over he appears out of position.

I might be wrong, but it's just a theory.

The other half of his issues are when he gets the ball up the park he has NFI what to do with it. Would rather he tried to beat his man everytime and coughed it up 95% of the time than the devoid of ideas approach he employs

Jeterpool
13-01-2014, 03:07 PM
The other half of his issues are when he gets the ball up the park he has NFI what to do with it. Would rather he tried to beat his man everytime and coughed it up 95% of the time than the devoid of ideas approach he employs

Once he beats his man he's looking for the cross or the cutback (generally when he's on the fly) from what i recall of his general play.

In fairness he's a full back. His job when he's cornered isn't to put through the killer pass.However, as someone mentioned, his blind alley running is something he could work on. That could reduce the number of times he gets himself cornered and allow him to do something else, like take the player on as you suggest.

parksey
13-01-2014, 03:14 PM
i think he's been fine this season. we are actually defending quite well as a unit.

Nou Camp
13-01-2014, 03:21 PM
As I said Peppz is a Newy Born and Bred Lad. Sammy maybe from our Catchment area but he wasn't born and raised in Newy let alone some other far flung part of the Hunter like the West Lakes area :trolls:

I would actually prefer to make the FINALS point blank for a change and couldn't give a **** where the players come from and would happily accept 11 Gypo born and raised players if it meant we had a very good side.

We spent years not making the finals with Locals in the Breakers days so I have been there done that

well then you shouldnt cut peps more slack for being local lad if you want to make finals, everyone is just as accountable

MFKS
13-01-2014, 05:03 PM
well then you shouldnt cut peps more slack for being local lad if you want to make finals, everyone is just as accountable

Since when do I go easy on Pepper??

Start a Pepper thread so we can tear into him if you want

Ask Militia I am damning critical of the useless makeshift fullbacks we try to employ.

Sammy is more of a fullback than Pepper is and will ever be.

We need to actually sign proper fullbacks to play the role correctly and not persist with makeshifts trying to learn a dedicated important role whilst in the heat of the National Comp.

As for tearing into locals Middleby Kanta BK Mitchell have all copped a bagging from me

cobra23
14-01-2014, 02:11 PM
lets bring back alan picton

joel31
15-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Yet u said Rogic and Jedinak are crap

MFKS
15-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Yet u said Rogic and Jedinak are crap

Jedinak is crap. Don't recall saying much on Rogic though

joel31
15-01-2014, 12:09 PM
:angry:PV4 you are so full of shit. :wtf:

Birraz has much better distribution, is a better keeper, has better hair, and doesn't sound like a transvestite when being interviewed. So as far as I am concerned Birraz is a better keeper than Mat ****ing Ryan

Wilkinson is a ****ing useless hack. Taylor Reagan is a better player than him. Poor bloke is just being held back by Gary

Jedinak is a complete ****ing hack. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't ****ing play can't tackle. Seriously how the **** is this bloke playing in the EPL when he is barely an NBN Level player. Feel the Aussie midfield was completely ****ed last night and it started with the **** Jedinak and the other useless **** Milligan. Zadkovich is 5 times the player Jedinak is

As for Rogic the bloke is a deadset waste of space. Fancy not being good enough to get into a team behind some bloke who is like 33 years old and slow and about to be retired by FIFA. Bloke has no ****ing end product other than to dive on the floor ADP style cause he has NFI what to do when a decision needs to be made.

Bloke wouldn't even get a start at the Jets behind the Beard.

FFS Stop using the forum as a place to Fap over ****ing Gypo scum
From the Socceroos friendlies thread

MFKS
15-01-2014, 12:16 PM
From the Socceroos friendlies thread

Sarcasm detection obviously not your strong point??

WolfMan
15-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Hahaha incredible. If that's sarcasm, then I'm not here

russjaybee
15-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Sarcasm detection obviously not your strong point??

I'm calling you out on this. If you say the paragraph about Rogic is sarcasm then it could be assumed that the paragraph about Jedinak is also sarcastic as it is basically in the exact same tone.

Therefore you love Jedinak and Rogic or you hate them both.

MFKS
18-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Bloke was ****ing abysmal last night.

Highlight for me was when he got the ball about 30 yards out in some space. Instead of playing it onto Goodwin who was 20 yards up the park and in acres of space to launch the attack, Sammy set off on a run. Had at least 8 touches which all could/SHOULD have seen him pass it before coughing it up. Heart countered Sammy copped a right bollocking from Kew when he refused to get back.

What was poor last night is that GVE didn't Jesse Pinto him after 30 mins

Tommyjet
18-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Keep as squaddie, too inconsistent to be regular first 11, sign a left back asap

MFKS
26-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Not blaming this bloke for result but can some **** explain to me why tonight twice the ball was crossed in by the Gypos and this **** actually got out of the way of it (instead of clearing it) and let it run across the face of ****ing goal. Luckily there was no **** there. Not that he had any ****ing idea anyway.

Rest of the time i thought he was his usual level of shite

hawk
26-01-2014, 01:22 AM
gallo is a great salesman. wd

Hunter403
26-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Galloway is an oxygen thief

pv4
12-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Wonder what Stubbins thinks of Gallaway.

Discuss.

MFKS
12-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Wonder what Stubbins thinks of Gallaway.

Discuss.

Hopefully Stubbins thinks Gallaway is a shit **** and sells him to the ****ing Coasty Scum

hawk
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
:lulz:

MFKS
05-08-2014, 11:02 PM
So is the reason we signed Sam Gallagher so we would have a new bloke to hammer and leave Sammy alone??

FFS Galloway now ain't the worst player in the squad

la bazzle
06-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Disagree. Gallaway still stinks

furns
06-08-2014, 01:57 AM
I loved how la baz moved to the stand as soon as I said Gallaway was playing so he could yell at him when he came out for kickoff

Its why I missed football

la bazzle
27-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Soooo... How is this bloke still around ffs?? Gives away 2 pens just generally stinks up a storm. How is this creature still starting? I only got my membership when he was benched ffs

plague
28-08-2014, 09:51 AM
I had never heard of Jonny Steele before we signed him, I don't know what position he plays, or even what colour skin he has. I have no knowledge of Jonny Steele whatsoever yet I can categorically say with absolute certainty that Jonny Steel is easily 900 times a better player than Gallaway.
That's how bad Gallaway is.

#stubbinsout

leftrightout
28-08-2014, 09:55 AM
I had never heard of Jonny Steele before we signed him, I don't know what position he plays, or even what colour skin he has. I have no knowledge of Jonny Steele whatsoever yet I can categorically say with absolute certainty that Jonny Steel is easily 900 times a better player than Gallaway.
That's how bad Gallaway is.

#stubbinsout

Can't even put Gallaway in the category of #thingsbetterthanmanutd

pv4
31-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Is it coincidence that Gallaway's first appearance of the season aligned with our first major leakage of goals?

Before Gallaway came into the side, we had leaked a goal a game courtesy of a last-minute goal to CCM and a David Villa goal in Melbourne. Gallaway enters the team, tbf as a substitute, and the team concedes 4 goals.

Discuss.

MFKS
31-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Is it coincidence that Gallaway's first appearance of the season aligned with our first major leakage of goals?

Before Gallaway came into the side, we had leaked a goal a game courtesy of a last-minute goal to CCM and a David Villa goal in Melbourne. Gallaway enters the team, tbf as a substitute, and the team concedes 4 goals.

Discuss.

So you wish to get the entire Foz talking about this bloke just to distract us all from the fact you haven't put the Sheep Quiz questions up yet???

Your not fooling anyone Gypo :sparring:

Bremsstrahlung
29-11-2014, 11:46 PM

Bremsstrahlung
29-11-2014, 11:47 PM
http://instagram.com/p/vNrYRRkLqK/?modal=true

MFKS
30-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Is it just me or does that bloke have a striking resemblance to Josh Mitchell??

Bremsstrahlung
30-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Indeed. I'd say it's certainly josh Mitchell.

joel31
30-11-2014, 08:07 PM
A real insult to Mitchell

Jeterpool
30-11-2014, 09:02 PM
He effectively shut down a number of attacks today. Shame they were ours

MFKS
30-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Might be an idea to actually play him as a CD where the **** doesn't have to ****ing attack.

As a full back he is solid defensively but absolute shite in attack.

la bazzle
30-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Might be an idea to actually play him as a CD where the **** doesn't have to ****ing attack.

As a full back he is solid defensively but absolute shite in attack.

You're deluded mate, the blokes shite in all aspects of the game

pv4
30-11-2014, 10:08 PM

:rof:

Buddha
30-11-2014, 10:08 PM
He gets paid to do be ****ing dreadful right? I'll do what he does for free.

Win/Win situation really, get rid of Gallaway and dont have to pay any money

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
I swear to god, at one stage yesterday he was running the ball forward and you could see it in the way he was running he had absolutely no idea what to do with the thing. The opposition didn't even try to shut him down, they just let him try to cross it in the end because they know they would get it straight back.

Grimario
01-12-2014, 10:16 AM
I swear to god, at one stage yesterday he was running the ball forward and you could see it in the way he was running he had absolutely no idea what to do with the thing. The opposition didn't even try to shut him down, they just let him try to cross it in the end because they know they would get it straight back.

Put your name and contact details with this kind of abuse, please.

idontwannaplaywithhowey
01-12-2014, 10:23 AM
You're deluded mate, the blokes shite in all aspects of the game

I would have to agree. I don't think he is great going forward, but his awareness defensively also leaves a lot to be desired. IT probably didn't help yesterday that our central midfield was pretty much non existent defensively, so he would understandably have been caught in 2 minds on a pretty regular basis.

BodyNovo
01-12-2014, 10:42 AM
i don't deny the bloke doesn't give 100% its just he is absoulte honking going forward.

defensively hes ok nothing special but

lquiquer
01-12-2014, 11:08 AM
What does Stubbins sees in him that we don't?..... And also: How many throws he takes and the ball goes straight to the opposition?

Grimario
01-12-2014, 11:13 AM
What does Stubbins sees in him that we don't?..... And also: How many throws he takes and the ball goes straight to the opposition?

That's one of the things that has ALWAYS confused me. It's not like you go "shit, this bloke can kick with his left peg, no one else can so lets put him at left back". He's a right footer, FFS!

lquiquer
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Can Cowburn play on the left?

Jeterpool
01-12-2014, 11:37 AM

He's a left back and we needed to recruit in that position but we didn't.

We had Goodwin, but he was released. We tried Gallagher but that sort of worked until he got smashed against the Roar. Carney was there but didn't offer the legs coming back and tended to go AWOL upfield.

Option is to put Carney back there again, put Hoole on his side so someone has some legs to help him out. Jeronimo could switch right, where he played well in the pre-season and supported by Neville.

Buddha
01-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Bring back Corbo

joel31
01-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Coz Gallagher is an average left back, Carney can't defend, Steele is gone, Jaliens was atrocious when he played full back. He is left with Gallaway

01-12-2014, 01:11 PM

About the same number of goal kicks Birraz put out of the ground v Roar.

Useless and only good for carrying the ball bags and peeling oranges me thinks. You know you have a average squad when this bloke can get a start.

Grimario
01-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Coz Gallagher is an average left back, Carney can't defend, Steele is gone, Jaliens was atrocious when he played full back. He is left with Gallaway

3-4-1-2, bam.

BK/Biraz
Jaliens - Kanta - Madaschi
Neville - Celeski - Someone - Carney
Flores
Griff - Montano

Bremsstrahlung
01-12-2014, 01:16 PM
So I spent fair chunk of the first half misreading gallaway as Gallagher for some reason and thinking, wow this guy is honking. Sense was made when I realised it was actually gallaway.

leftrightout
01-12-2014, 02:33 PM
3-4-1-2, bam.

BK/Biraz
Jaliens - Kanta - Madaschi
Neville - Celeski - Someone - Carney
Flores
Griff - Montano

That isnt going to happen... remember we have a manager who said "it probably wasnt a good idea trying to win the game" when playing at home against a team yet to win a game. He is more likely to play 5 at the back to "sure things up a bit"

Pico
01-12-2014, 09:12 PM
What I don't understand is how many years have we lacked a good LB, when exactly is it going to click with coaches, admins, scouts :roflz: and we use one of our visa spots to fix a known trouble position.

Also who is our youth league left back, can't be any worse and if they can't cut it in the HAL then cut them too and start recruiting properly, enough with gifting contracts, earn it or **** off.

Grimario
01-12-2014, 09:36 PM
That isnt going to happen... remember we have a manager who said "it probably wasnt a good idea trying to win the game" when playing at home against a team yet to win a game. He is more likely to play 5 at the back to "sure things up a bit"

I'm sure the blurb when Nubbins signed was "we are really excited with his attacking intent". What a farce that has turned out to be.

pv4
02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
How was that shot cross that basically hit Lambton High School on the full

Jeterpool
02-12-2014, 10:40 PM

It's still going. Along with Charlie Adam's spot kick in the league cup final when he played for liverpool.

lquiquer
02-12-2014, 10:47 PM

Is Samy Zads secret's son?

Thomas477
02-12-2014, 11:33 PM
It's still going. Along with Charlie Adam's spot kick in the league cup final when he played for liverpool.

Still not catching Ramos' penalty though.

parksey
02-12-2014, 11:41 PM
Not Cowburn- please
it goes from bad to worse with that suggesstion,( just because his oldman played KB, doesnt mean he is automatic star- NPL at best for him, maybe Weston with his brother) Gallaway, Madaschi and KEW are really shite.
Welsh, is a donkey as well.
Hooley should be starting every game
when Hooley plays under 20mins, and everyone gives him player points- shouldnt that be obvious.

i have no respect for anyone who says that kew is not a good defender. madaschi looked pretty solid to me too.

cowburn looked fine in his debut last week in my opinion

WolfMan
03-12-2014, 08:27 AM

There was no hiding my disgust for this event. It's not a once-off, he does it every damn time. If you can't get that ball into an attacking area, you should be in the stands with the rest of us.

Jeterpool
03-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Still not catching Ramos' penalty though.

:grin:

pv4
03-12-2014, 09:24 AM
i have no respect for anyone who says that kew is not a good defender. madaschi looked pretty solid to me too.

Well said porksey

leftrightout
03-12-2014, 09:30 AM
There was no hiding my disgust for this event. It's not a once-off, he does it every damn time. If you can't get that ball into an attacking area, you should be in the stands with the rest of us.

My problem with it is when he does it he puts his hand up to say sorry and his teams mate sort of clap him as in "good try anyway"
When i played i would get blown up for something as bad as that and i didnt play anywhere near the level of A-league (but maybe it was the level of the jets)

pv4
03-12-2014, 09:35 AM
My problem with it is when he does it he puts his hand up to say sorry and his teams mate sort of clap him as in "good try anyway"
When i played i would get blown up for something as bad as that and i didnt play anywhere near the level of A-league (but maybe it was the level of the jets)

Disagree. Fair play to his teammates for trying to pull him through etc. The problem lies in the coaching and management, for setting up a team that relies on a player like him, and for picking him to play.

leftrightout
03-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Disagree. Fair play to his teammates for trying to pull him through etc. The problem lies in the coaching and management, for setting up a team that relies on a player like him, and for picking him to play.

Everyone needs a kick up the arse, "Good try, its not your fault" is one of the main problems here. The fact is he is selected, is playing and is meant to be a professional at his job. It is simply not good enough and he deserves to be told that.

Bon
03-12-2014, 10:20 AM

I agree..
Kew has been one of our best players all season (forgetting the Brisbane game)..
The defense does get exposed a lot, but thats generally because there is bugger all midfield in front of it, or a lack of players getting back to cover after making some shithouse attempted pass..

Boss
03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
The thing that boggles my mind is how Gallaway has survived the tenures of multiple head coaches...culina, gve, stubbins. I lose faith immediately in the head coach and the rest of the staff when I see him on the team sheet. I believe that they must lay higher importance on being able to tackle and jump in the air (engines if you will) rather than actually being able to control and pass a ball let alone have any awareness of what is going on around them. It's ****ed up. Gallaway should never have been given a contract and the fact he still has one is absolutely ludicrous although he's not the only one, he's just the worst.
If we can all see it, how can management be so blind? Jets will never make the finals until someone steps in and stops this shit.

pv4
03-12-2014, 12:15 PM
I believe that they must lay higher importance on being able to tackle and jump in the air (engines if you will) rather than actually being able to control and pass a ball let alone have any awareness of what is going on around them.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Athletically, he's good. He is OK with tackles but I feel is becoming more and more rash - twice this year I thought he should have been sent off, even last game v CCM I thought he was incredibly rash even after receiving his first yellow. His defensive headers are good - he's not afraid to get physical and jump over his man.

But outside of those traits - I fail to see positives. It's rare he even proves me wrong. When his passes actually find his own teams feet, they're usually on the wrong side of the receiving man (defender on that side) and/or are a complete hospital pass. His crossing is diabolical. And every time he manages to get in a good attacking position, usually all the good that came from it is completely erased once he clears it out for an opposition goalkick. I don't have the stats on me, nor sure they would even exist, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he is the main contributor to opposition goal kicks in the entire squad.

03-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Goes good on the Beep test, thats about it. No football ability whatsoever. He is in good company on that front though.

parksey
03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
exactly
i have no respect with anyone who has ronaldo as there avatar?
my opinion aswell, all defenders bar neville are shite, have played shite and will continue to be shite

ronaldo has brought more happiness to the world than mother theresa ever did, the old bat.

MFKS
03-12-2014, 03:20 PM
ronaldo has brought more happiness to the world than mother theresa ever did, the old bat.

Yeah but your Ronaldo isn't even the best Ronaldo in the history of the game:sup:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/BlueSenturion2/ronaldowallcopy.jpg

Fat Ronny is still the King

lquiquer
03-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Why r we talking about Ronaldos in this thread when Gallaway is definitely NO Ronaldo :lulz:

The Dunster
03-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Palmer, Middleby, Stubbins, and Bridges should be the focus not some kid who's on minimum salary.

Assuming Gallaway is on the lowest rate of pay in the league then it would seem fair if he has the least ability of players in the league.

What are people complaining about ? Fair enough if he was on $200k a season, but at the meagre wage he'd be on it's a tad unfair.

IF Gallaway did everything people here expected of him he certainly wouldn't be playing for a club like the Jets.

Boss
03-12-2014, 06:43 PM
We are complaining that we have players on minimum wage who can't cross a ball starting in our a-league team. We are blaming the coaches and the staff and all those who came before them that have allowed this rot to go on for so long. We expect our players to be good enough to play in the a league, which he isn't. how this has taken so long for the coaches to see is embarrassing. Don't understand that you think Gallaway would go to a higher league if he could pass a football.

03-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Perhaps we should give him a pay increase before next weekend then so he can improve out of sight if its just the money holding him back.

Footyhead
03-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know Galloway's twitter? He'd be proud of such an active thread devoted to how shit he is lol.

MFKS
03-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Does anyone know Galloway's twitter? He'd be proud of such an active thread devoted to how shit he is lol.

To be perfectly fair though this thread though doesn't really get the posts it deserves.

People just can't be asked discussing how shit he is as often as they could as sometimes it just doesn't need to be said

Grimario
03-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Gallaway, ffs. It's even the ****ing name of the thread.

Footyhead
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
"Nuff said" then, to quote The Thing

Blackmac79
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Gallaway is better than:

Carney
Biraz
Caravella
Gallagher
Welsh
cooper
Steel
Virgilli
Lundy

Grimario
04-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Gallaway is better than:

Carney
Biraz
Caravella
Gallagher
Welsh
cooper
Steel
Virgilli
Lundy

As a defensive left back, I assume that means?

I would almost say he is better than Virgilli regardless of position.

lquiquer
06-12-2014, 05:06 PM
No Gallaway..........

Jeterpool
06-12-2014, 05:07 PM
No Gallaway..........

In today's lineup?

lquiquer
06-12-2014, 05:21 PM
In today's lineup?

Not even on the bench

hawk
06-12-2014, 08:40 PM
our players dont have a chance of success. stubbins will see to that

MFKS
01-01-2015, 07:38 AM
OUT-of-favour defender Sam Gallaway may have played his last game for the Newcastle Jets after attracting interest from Western Sydney Wanderers.

Gallaway is understood to be close to finalising a mid-season move during the January transfer window, possibly in an exchange deal involving Wanderers defender Daniel Mullen.

Gallaway, 22, has made only four appearances for the Jets this season - twice in the starting line-up - and has not been required since the 1-all draw with Central Coast in round eight.

It has been a frustrating hiatus for the Coffs Harbour United junior, who was named youth team player of the year for the 2010-11 season.

Gallaway became a regular as Newcastle's left back last season, playing in 24 of a possible 27 games.

Including his A-League debut against Gold Coast in January 2011, Gallaway has played in 44 top-grade games for Newcastle.

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby declined to comment on Wednesday when asked about the prospect of Gallaway seeking a release that would allow him to join Wanderers for the second half of this season.

"In the best interests of the player and for us as a club, if a player is going to go to another club, until something is signed off and confirmed I'm not going to speculate," Middleby said.

Like Gallaway, Mullen has played in only four games this season and was first linked to the Jets two weeks ago. The 25-year-old defender debuted at Adelaide in 2008 and has played in 71 A-League games for the Reds, Melbourne Victory and Wanderers.

See your ad here
While Middleby declined to shed light on Gallaway's situation, he denied reports that goalkeeper Mark Birighitti was poised to sign with Italian Serie C club Unione Venezia.

"I've been asked that question all day," he said. "I've heard nothing about that from him or his representative."

After the departure of Irish import Jonny Steele, the Jets have a vacancy on their roster and coach Phil Stubbins said on Saturday they would "be looking for a player or two" to bolster their struggling squad.

Middleby confirmed that Newcastle officials had started their retention and recruitment planning for next season, although he admitted there were "hurdles and things to take into consideration" - namely uncertainty surrounding the club's ownership.

Young Socceroos winger Andrew Hoole is among a host of players coming off contract and he told the Newcastle Herald on Wednesday that he was yet to kick off negotiations with the club.

Asked if he had talked to Jets officials about his future, Hoole replied: "There's been nothing at this stage. I'm not too worried about the contract. I'm just trying to concentrate on football, game by game."

A Newcastle junior, 21-year-old Hoole would appear a player the Jets simply have to re-sign.

"I won't talk about individuals, but we have identified players who are priorities and important for the club going forward," Middleby said.

Meanwhile, Middleby said he was unaware of a rumoured incident in the dressing room after Newcastle's 5-2 thrashing by Melbourne City on Tuesday.

Sources have told the Herald two players became involved in a verbal slanging match and had to be separated by their teammates.

"I haven't been informed of anything," Middleby said. "But even if I had heard of something happening, if it was in the change room and behind closed doors, then I wouldn't comment on that. If there was a run-in at training, in the public eye, it would be different."

**** Yeah :lulzturtle:

2015 Could well be the best year ever

Hunter403
01-01-2015, 08:13 AM
He will likely go on to play for the Socceroos knowing our history with departed players. Still, glad this Muppet is going.

baldrick
01-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Another player who will leave us, improve 1000% and then carve up the league

redwah
01-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Another player who will leave us, improve 1000% and then carve up the league

Even a 1000% improvement will mean he's still shit.

lquiquer
01-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Popovic gone :wacko: ??!!!!

Couscous
01-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Wot

boz-monaut
01-01-2015, 10:16 AM
assuming he means gone crazy - not sacked or to Palace

lquiquer
01-01-2015, 11:09 AM
assuming he means gone crazy - not sacked or to Palace

Yep

borat
01-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Credit where it's due. If Middleby pulls off the Galloway for Mullen switcheroo he is a genius

Grimario
01-01-2015, 01:13 PM
While Middleby declined to shed light on Gallaway's situation, he denied reports that goalkeeper Mark Birighitti was poised to sign with Italian Serie C club Unione Venezia.

"I've been asked that question all day," he said. "I've heard nothing about that from him or his representative."
:gent:

Still can't believe this is in newspapers.

plague
01-01-2015, 01:22 PM
:gent:

Still can't believe this is in newspapers.

got to be in the top 10 moments in Foz history yeah?

Mark325
01-01-2015, 01:46 PM
At least with every other player we've lost who in turn actually performs well in the league, all of them showed some level of potential whereas not once in his tenure at this club has gallaway shown anything even close too resembling an a-league level player

Grimario
01-01-2015, 01:46 PM
got to be in the top 10 moments in Foz history yeah?

One off hand remark based on looking at clubs in Serie C and choosing a name at random... if I had bothered to scroll down Wikipedia further, he could well be linked to Santarcangelo Calcio or Vigor Lamezia

MFKS
01-01-2015, 01:53 PM
One off hand remark based on looking at clubs in Serie C and choosing a name at random... if I had bothered to scroll down Wikipedia further, he could well be linked to Santarcangelo Calcio or Vigor Lamezia

Well Done. :thumbsup:

You should actually bide your time and then when no one is suspecting try again and see what else you can get these gullible fools to buy.

Grimario
01-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Best bit would be if it is actually true... and I just randomly picked one of the 60 teams in the list!

The Dunster
01-01-2015, 02:07 PM
At least with every other player we've lost who in turn actually performs well in the league, all of them showed some level of potential whereas not once in his tenure at this club has gallaway shown anything even close too resembling an a-league level player

Interesting post considering the current Asian Champions have added him to their list.
Even more interesting when Stubbins is the one that decided he was not required.

With fans like yourself I think the current situation at the Jets is simply a case of the fans getting the team they deserve.

Enjoy the abortion.

MFKS
01-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Interesting post considering the current Asian Champions have added him to their list.
Even more interesting when Stubbins is the one that decided he was not required.

With fans like yourself I think the current situation at the Jets is simply a case of the fans getting the team they deserve.

Enjoy the abortion.

Yep right so it is the 10k of Members Fault we are shit??

It is also the 9k and a bit who turned up Tuesday who deserved to sit through the shite we did on Tuesday??

Yep the Supporters are responsible and deserving of the mediocrity and crap dished up for the last 5 years??

That would have to be the biggest pile of shit ever written in the history of the foz

Those at our club should to be thankful we are as patient and supporting as we are.
Those at the club should be thankful we are not harassing abusing them 24-7 in the streets.
Those at the club should to be thankful we haven't even really started protesting at the shite we endure
Those at the club should be thankful we will turn up next game

Those who choose to degenerate the efforts/opinions of the fans during this time I have two words for you

**** YOU

hawk
01-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Enjoy the abortion.

the current champions who havent won a domestic game and below us have made a great choice.....to remain there

hawk
01-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I have two words for you

**** YOU

love?

GazFish35
01-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Those who choose to degenerate the efforts/opinions of the fans during this time I have two words for you

**** YOU

Member,

Knock off the macho aggressive rubbish.
Play the ball not the man.

Chill out, or sit out.

plague
01-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Yep right so it is the 10k of Members Fault we are shit??

Well it's certainly not Middlebys, or the coach, or the players, or the turf, so it must be ours.

Process of elimination innit?

MFKS
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Member,

Knock off the macho aggressive rubbish.
Play the ball not the man.

Chill out, or sit out.

Just standing up for the little guy. :sup:
Man of the people and all that shit!!!

I agree I may be playing the man a bit but the first bit of playing the man came from the person I was replying to who chose to belittle another poster for having an opinion
with his condescending remark of

With fans like yourself I think the current situation at the Jets is simply a case of the fans getting the team they deserve

The bloke who made the OP is entitled to express his thoughts on Gallaway without being belittled

As far as I am concerned none of our fans who are suffering through this shit need to be belittled for their opinion on how to fix things or which players they rate don't rate.

Disagree all you like with the best way forward from the mess we are in or which players need to stay go bring in etc but don't be putting shit on one another.

I will now get back to playing the ball:thumbsup:

Mark325
01-01-2015, 07:06 PM

Enjoy the abortion.

The original title of this thread was 'Gallaway = Aids'

Those same asian champions are below us on the a-league ladder

Sounds pretty hypocritical too attack only me and not these same boys for deserving the shit at this club:

Go away, Gallaway

Gallaway is a stinker. How he is in our starting line up every week shows our lack of depth and honestly he stinks./QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jetmaster;59412]Neither Pepper nor Galloway are A-League quality fullbacks

in defence he may as well be on a different continent to his opponent.

I swear to god, at one stage yesterday he was running the ball forward and you could see it in the way he was running he had absolutely no idea what to do with the thing.

Considering there are other threads for players out, stubbins out, middleby out and people asking for damn near everyone else too be sacked I see no reason why I have been picked out as a fan who deserves this shit club when I do rock up each week too watch this shit and have been for 5 or so seasons now. apologies for voicing an opinion, I'll make sure too never do it again because if it isn't in line with your ideals then I am shit

Enjoy being a ****wit dickhead

MFKS
01-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Sounds pretty hypocritical too attack only me and not these same boys for deserving the shit at this club:

[QUOTE=la bazzle;59402]Gallaway is a stinker. How he is in our starting line up every week shows our lack of depth and honestly he stinks./QUOTE]

Considering there are other threads for players out, stubbins out, middleby out and people asking for damn near everyone else too be sacked I see no reason why I have been picked out as a fan who deserves this shit club when I do rock up each week too watch this shit and have been for 5 or so seasons now. apologies for voicing an opinion, I'll make sure too never do it again because if it isn't in line with your ideals then I am shit

Well said with an eloquence I could not muster

Keep voicing your opinion it is more than welcome here in spite of the unwarranted response you got.

:thumbsup:

plague
01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
this thread right now
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--XwFKvxNL--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/kflmsd8thoz02uz8fzrg.gif
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--AeAWlHsb--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/m6e4vifvoneiffkvlnkk.gif

GazFish35
01-01-2015, 08:29 PM
A reminder to all to pull your heads in.

The Dunster
01-01-2015, 09:54 PM
My post has well and truly been ratified by the responses. What was originally an assertion on my part appears to be well backed by evidence now.

Thanks for playing.

q-money
01-01-2015, 10:10 PM
how's the fozza back to it's best

The Dunster
01-01-2015, 10:14 PM
The worse the team performs the better the foz performs. Love this place.

borat
01-01-2015, 10:16 PM

Gallaway is a stinker. How he is in our starting line up every week shows our lack of depth and honestly he stinks.

So your argument being that you are no better or worse than the rest of these comments?

That's outstanding logic right there. How about any sort of critical thinking?

Galloway is really no better or worse than the squaddies that are required in every A-league roster. The difference is the quality and balance of our squad is soo poor he has been a starting player as opposed to the backup he should be.

I am personally happy that we are swapping for Mullen because he can play multiple positions and will be a good addition but doesn't mean the Galloway hasn't busted his arse for the Jets and thrust into starting games he never should have been.

la bazzle
01-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Lol best news

hawk
01-01-2015, 10:26 PM
My post has well and truly been ratified by the responses. What was originally an assertion on my part appears to be well backed by evidence now.

Thanks for playing.

going to another team evidence? lol. Hoffman went to Heart but doesnt stop him being and aleague imposter.

Maybe he can improve to be a decent aleague back. he still has a few years up his sleeve.

The Dunster
01-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Should we start the Mullen Out thread now or wait until he actually arrives ?

hawk
01-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Do it now

plague
01-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Should we start the Mullen Out thread now or wait until he actually arrives ?
I just figured it was implied.

Mark325
01-01-2015, 10:55 PM
So your argument being that you are no better or worse than the rest of these comments?

That's outstanding logic right there. How about any sort of critical thinking?

Galloway is really no better or worse than the squaddies that are required in every A-league roster. The difference is the quality and balance of our squad is soo poor he has been a starting player as opposed to the backup he should be.

I am personally happy that we are swapping for Mullen because he can play multiple positions and will be a good addition but doesn't mean the Galloway hasn't busted his arse for the Jets and thrust into starting games he never should have been.

I personally felt that the comment by dunster was directly aimed at me as what I said was quoted, hence why I felt it was hypocritical that I was hit with 'I deserve a shit club' when other people have similarly bagged out gallaway and none of them have been quoted as deserving a shit club. I then bring up that there are people asking for the coach, the ceo and other players too leave the squad but none of them are told they deserve a shit team because they're asking these things.

My original comment, though not directly aimed at anyone was more looking at the people saying now watch him do so much better at another club etc, which is why I pointed out that a lot of the players who do that, such as Goodwin at least showed they had the potential too be quality players and that it was wasted here, where gallaway has not shown that in his time here. Yes, he is no better then those guys but if he is on the pitch, regardless of who's fault it is that he is on the pitch, he is open to criticism.

Sure he has busted his ass, but anyone on here would equally bust there ass.

Buddha
02-01-2015, 01:10 AM
**** I hope we win another game soon, how bad is it that we have to argue about Gallaway

Jeterpool
02-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Gallaway is out of contract at seasons end. Perhaps this rumour is occurring because he's already been told he's not going to be retained?

Perhaps gallway has instigated this too. He wants to go to a new club for a fresh start?

pv4
13-01-2015, 10:16 AM
We done it boys!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/article/jets-release-sam-gallaway/1obz3z7ubukw1kqm0u3v23pdw

weston
13-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Can't wait for him to score a Hatty against us for someone else

joel31
13-01-2015, 10:37 AM
the beginnings of a great day

Frodo
13-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Now that we've got all that crap out of our system i have 2 questions?

Do we think we will need to replace him?
and if so, who do we think we can get?

What's happening with Jurman at Sydney? He can play left back or centre back, similar to Gallagher but seems to be a higher quality player. If we have to let Carney go maybe we should look to get one of their players in return?

Grimario
13-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Of course we don't need to replace him. Welsh and Gallagher are capable of being awful in the backline so we have Gallaway's spot sorted for the time being.

pv4
13-01-2015, 01:22 PM
What's happening with Jurman at Sydney? He can play left back or centre back, similar to Gallagher but seems to be a higher quality player. If we have to let Carney go maybe we should look to get one of their players in return?

I'm not as confident on Jurman. He's more of a CB than a LB in my eyes, and I haven't seen enough of him to be encouraged by yet. In saying that though, he's had experience in some decent teams.

In my head I'm trying to work out where best postion-wise to utilize Gallaway's squad spot if we were to get a replacement player, and I can't make my mind up. We have too many issues.

BodyNovo
13-01-2015, 01:23 PM
we had an LB

he's name was craig goodwin

never been a big fan, but you don't cut people when theirs no replacement.

Jeterpool
13-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Sam Gallaway

44 appearances for the Jets, including 42 start and 2 as a substitute. He was substituted 7 times.
Gallaway is the 28th most capped Jets player having made his debut in Season 6 after being handed his debut by Branko Culina.
Gallaway provided 1 assist during his time for a Ruben Zadkovic goal in Season 8 against the Western Sydney Wanderers. He didn’t score during his time with the club.
Gallaway received 8 bookings and one red (second yellow).
Gallaway has often been confused on the forum with one Galloway from Melbourne Victory.
Gallaway has a reputation for punching above his weight as evidenced by the picture of his missus in the red dress. This may be what he will be best remembered for. (can't locate that pic - need some help)

GazFish35
13-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Tinks to announce he's found a new understanding of the game, and will trot out as left back against adelaide.

Beeen
13-01-2015, 01:35 PM
At least he'll be able to get past opposing players albeit belly to belly/shoulder/face/whatever

joel31
13-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Sam Gallaway

44 appearances for the Jets, including 42 start and 2 as a substitute. He was substituted 7 times.
Gallaway is the 28th most capped Jets player having made his debut in Season 6 after being handed his debut by Branko Culina.
Gallaway provided 1 assist during his time for a Ruben Zadkovic goal in Season 8 against the Western Sydney Wanderers. He didn’t score during his time with the club.
Gallaway received 8 bookings and one red (second yellow).
Gallaway has often been confused on the forum with one Galloway from Melbourne Victory.
Gallaway has a reputation for punching above his weight as evidenced by the picture of his missus in the red dress. This may be what he will be best remembered for. (can't locate that pic - need some help)

How sad is that?

Jeterpool
13-01-2015, 01:39 PM
He'll face up to Ferreira and drop a shoulder on him or give him a high shot

Jetmaster
13-01-2015, 01:43 PM
So we get rid of Goodwin, Steele, Gallaway and possibly Carney.....who is left to play left ffs???

GazFish35
13-01-2015, 01:54 PM
So we get rid of Goodwin, Steele, Gallaway and possibly Carney.....who is left to play left ffs???

Middleby out.

Grimario
13-01-2015, 01:55 PM

Gallagher, Welsh, Hoole and Neville... duh.

Frodo
13-01-2015, 01:57 PM
We don't need anyone in attack and we seem to have at least 7-8 midfielders by my count, (depending on what you count Pepper and Welsh as) but i can only really count 5 Defenders. (Kew, Dash, Neville, Reegs and Gallagher) So i guess we could use more bodies back there instead of anywhere else. Mullen would cover CB, RB and DM potentially.

I have a feeling one of the CB's at Sydney has pushed up into DM as well, but that probably wasn't Jurman.

plague
13-01-2015, 02:34 PM
He'll face up to Ferreira and drop a shoulder on him or give him a high shot

What? Do we still have to play more games?
I thought the season was finished.
I was really enjoying the break from these assholes.

MFKS
13-01-2015, 05:33 PM
What? Do we still have to play more games?
I thought the season was finished.
I was really enjoying the break from these assholes.

Fully agree Plague.

Was actually a wonderful feeling to leave Stade de Newy last night not wanting to slice my wrists after a game of football.

This undefeated patch we have been on in 2015 is the best thing to happen to the Jets since Griff came back

la bazzle
13-01-2015, 06:38 PM
After years of hard work I just don't know how to feel. Sure I'm happy. But theres a hole in my heart where my hatred for him was. Lucky the rest are shit too

plague
13-01-2015, 09:43 PM
After years of hard work I just don't know how to feel. Sure I'm happy. But theres a hole in my heart where my hatred for him was. Lucky the rest are shit too

Any chance you can turn your attention to Leckie next?

Jetmaster
14-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Any chance you can turn your attention to Leckie next?

Will sign any "Leckie Out" petition, can run and slip the odd pass but can't score goals to save himself - bring in Burns.