PDA

View Full Version : Brown = discuss

Thomas477
10-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Honestly, the bloke is not the same as Gold Coast.

I've had enough, he's had enough game time to improve and he hasn't, the bloke is a liability on huge field.

Thoughts?

joel31
10-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Agreed. I was keen to give him time after his Gold Coast performances but I doubt he still has the ability after his injuries. We should let him go. Wastes chances. Not quick enough. Often poor linking up

sammydog
10-01-2014, 10:21 PM
I blame GVE for destroying the guy.

Rushed him back from injury last season. Put him straight in the starting line up when he should have been able to refine his confidence in the youth set up for a few matches.

Unsurprisingly he wasn't 100% when he came back, GVE kept playing him, the crowd turned and he never recovered.

Man management wise, dragging the guy straight after his missed shot is only going to hurt him more. Add to that the cheers he got for being subbed off, don't expect him to improve.

I agree he was not great tonight, but I put it down to GVE ****ing his head.

Thomas477
10-01-2014, 10:27 PM
I don't think the miss was the primary point, it was the 50 minutes of utter crap before that that sealed Brown's fate. The fact that he put a sitter into orbit was simply the tipping point. I don't blame GvE for that at all, I would have done the same thing tbh.

namwob99
10-01-2014, 10:28 PM
I blame GVE for destroying the guy.

Rushed him back from injury last season. Put him straight in the starting line up when he should have been able to refine his confidence in the youth set up for a few matches.

Unsurprisingly he wasn't 100% when he came back, GVE kept playing him, the crowd turned and he never recovered.

Man management wise, dragging the guy straight after his missed shot is only going to hurt him more. Add to that the cheers he got for being subbed off, don't expect him to improve.

I agree he was not great tonight, but I put it down to GVE ****ing his head.

Should still be able to make a 2m pass and not lose the ball every time he touched it.

Tommyjet
10-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I've had enough of tosses in the stands yelling out 'Get him off'. Blokes had his confidence shattered by injuries, incompetent manager and plastic pathetic 'fans'

10-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Someone should tell him when playing at home we are the ones in the red and blue shirts.

pv4
10-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Who do you replace him with at right mid?

Virgil was no better tonight v Victory when he replaced Brown

q-money
10-01-2014, 10:36 PM
they were all honking

Pico
10-01-2014, 10:44 PM

This

Hope he leaves us at the end of the year then smashes goals past us at wherever he eventually ends up with an actual coach.

Nothing reinforces the fact we are scrapping the base salary spend when we have no cover for rightback, no dedicated left back nor any att mids of any note.

Guess we have just decided to corner the market on fit young versatile players who can play across the pitch suitably, bunch of enthusiastic versatile bench players.

can't wait for the inevitable gve dumping and then "rebuilding phase" with the new coach, reckon the problem with this club is we employ too many demolition experts and carpenters, might be an idea to get some footballers & coaches one day.

pv4
10-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I bow down to that post pico

Thought I might add if its a fight between brown and Virgili to start at right mid, at least brown has the excuse of his injury for his form :rof:

sammydog
10-01-2014, 10:54 PM
This

Hope he leaves us at the end of the year then smashes goals past us at wherever he eventually ends up with an actual coach.

Nothing reinforces the fact we are scrapping the base salary spend when we have no cover for rightback, no dedicated left back nor any att mids of any note.

Guess we have just decided to corner the market on fit young versatile players who can play across the pitch suitably, bunch of enthusiastic versatile bench players.

can't wait for the inevitable gve dumping and then "rebuilding phase" with the new coach, reckon the problem with this club is we employ too many demolition experts and carpenters, might be an idea to get some footballers & coaches one day.

No, we have cornered the market in players who won't challenge the all mighty GVE.

Brown still has the talent, GVE has done his best to destroy it.

stopper2
10-01-2014, 11:00 PM

Kidding mate....Virgili got a few good crosses in and actually caused some problems for their LB

Pico
10-01-2014, 11:01 PM
No, we have cornered the market in players who won't challenge the all mighty GVE.

Brown still has the talent, GVE has done his best to destroy it.

I agree he's got the talent but really with the way his time has gone here I honestly can't see brown sticking around he's enemy number one around hunter stadium, I swear he killed the western stands kittens with the abuse he cops from them and that's every game, every substitution, starting or from the bench. Can only imagine the hand wringing, letter writing, newcastle shame if the squadron was to try and pull that sort of treatment on a player.

pv4
10-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Kidding mate....Virgili got a few good crosses in and actually caused some problems for their LB

Proof please

I saw one good cross to Goodwin, and a squillion (yep) to no one. Mostly I thought the trouble the LB (who was a rookie at lb I might add) had with virgili was what to do with the ball when he walked it away from him.

sammydog
10-01-2014, 11:08 PM
I agree he's got the talent but really with the way his time has gone here I honestly can't see brown sticking around he's enemy number one around hunter stadium, I swear he killed the western stands kittens with the abuse he cops from them and that's every game, every substitution, starting or from the bench. Can only imagine the hand wringing, letter writing, newcastle shame if the squadron was to try and pull that sort of treatment on a player.

I sit in the western stand and cringe at the shit he cops.

He will go somewhere else at the end of the season and probably go on to have the best season of his career.

militiamon
10-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Agree with the criticism of the Brown criticism at the game*.

Unless the player directly disgraces the club (by signing with for a rival, destabilising the club, attacking the fans) then I would never boo or yell insults at them, it's utterly stupid. Let out your frustrations all you want afterwards, but for 90 minutes you can save it.

* Being in The Squadron all game I didn't actually hear anything like this.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2014, 11:18 PM
I feel his current form will make it hard for him to make the squad for the World Cup.

Thomas477
10-01-2014, 11:23 PM
TBH, Virgilli didn't look interested either.

Hoole goes alright, but behind him we have two incompetent players.

MFKS
10-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Agree with the criticism of the Brown criticism at the game*.

Unless the player directly disgraces the club (by signing with for a rival, destabilising the club, attacking the fans) then I would never boo or yell insults at them, it's utterly stupid. Let out your frustrations all you want afterwards, but for 90 minutes you can save it.

* Being in The Squadron all game I didn't actually hear anything like this.

It was a ****ing disgrace the applause that greeted his substitution. Usually you get applause like that for a great performace not a sarcastic applause cause they were glad GVE had hooked him.

What was even more disgraceful was that GVE once again Jesse Pintoed some ****. Brown made the mistake missing the sitter and the **** dragged him moments later. Poor ****ing form . Done the same to Oxborrow last season.

Wish this ****wit would show some faith in his ****ing players not hook them when they **** up

sammydog
10-01-2014, 11:30 PM
It was a ****ing disgrace the applause that greeted his substitution. Usually you get applause like that for a great performace not a sarcastic applause cause they were glad GVE had hooked him.

What was even more disgraceful was that GVE once again Jesse Pintoed some ****. Brown made the mistake missing the sitter and the **** dragged him moments later. Poor ****ing form . Done the same to Oxborrow last season.

Wish this ****wit would show some faith in his ****ing players not hook them when they **** up

Exactly.

And we wonder why players aren't performing when the idiot in charge pulls crap like this.

Did brown have a good game.......not really, but he didn't deserve the shit from the crowd that he also copped last season, and he didn't deserve the treatment from GVE.

furns
11-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Brown has been playing injured and in pain since he joined.
This season is the first time he has been free of all that, and hasnt been able to get into the matchday squad due to the form of Hoole and signing Burns.

It will take a run of games for him to get his mojo back - give the kid a break ffs and support him on the pitch. That applause when he was subbed was an effing joke. Build the kid up with confidence and crowd support and he might come good - he aint getting any confidence back when he has the stadium on his back every time he misplaces a pass.
He wasnt the only player doing that.

militiamon
11-01-2014, 12:49 AM
New thread title, haha.

russjaybee
11-01-2014, 02:32 AM
I didn't notice him being particularly bad tonight to be honest.

I also cannot understand the booing or harassing of our own players by the crowd. What the **** does that achieve exactly? MAYBE if a player is clearly dissecting the club (by not putting in etc) but not one of our players out there working his arse off during a game we need to win. Even if he wasn't up to scratch it's not his fault, the manager made the decision to sign the player, he judged his skills. I would never boo a player that is still at least trying to play for the club.

Having said all that, I'd still be tempted to start Hoole and Goodwin.

WolfMan
11-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Exactly.

And we wonder why players aren't performing when the idiot in charge pulls crap like this.

Did brown have a good game.......not really, but he didn't deserve the shit from the crowd that he also copped last season, and he didn't deserve the treatment from GVE.

I think you may be reading too much into this. How long does GVE usually warm subs up for prior to making a change? The answer is around 10 minutes.

I haven't watched the match on TV yet, but my assumption would be that Brown was always going to be hooked for Virgilli. The timing of it just after Brown's scuffed shot was nothing more than a coincidence.

Echo the sentiments RE: sarcastic applause. Support the entire team FFS. Hell, I don't think Bridges should be anywhere near the squad, but I still sing along to "1 Michael Bridges" with great gusto.

Dainnan
11-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I was embarrassed to be a Jets fan in the Western grandstand last night listening to the abuse Brown was copping, the jeers and boos every time he touched the ball and as previously said by others the ridiculous sarcastic cheering when subbed.

Overall Brown didn't play that well but I thought he was involved in some of the better Jets passing moves in the first half.

He had some pretty bad touches and attempted passes at the start of the game and the "supporters" sitting behind me didn't get off his back all night after that. I think part of the problem was that he and Pepper didn't communicate. I also noticed a couple of headers he got in Heskey's way for, so I assume the communication problem was at Brown's end. If he gets some consistent time in the team, that might improve though.

And even if he's the shittest player that's ever played for the jets (he's clearly not- some fans have really short memories), you support him while he's on the field playing for the team and clearly trying.

stopper2
11-01-2014, 10:05 AM
I was embarrassed to be a Jets fan in the Western grandstand last night listening to the abuse Brown was copping, the jeers and boos every time he touched the ball and as previously said by others the ridiculous sarcastic cheering when subbed.

Overall Brown didn't play that well but I thought he was involved in some of the better Jets passing moves in the first half.

He had some pretty bad touches and attempted passes at the start of the game and the "supporters" sitting behind me didn't get off his back all night after that. I think part of the problem was that he and Pepper didn't communicate. I also noticed a couple of headers he got in Heskey's way for, so I assume the communication problem was at Brown's end. If he gets some consistent time in the team, that might improve though.

And even if he's the shittest player that's ever played for the jets (he's clearly not- some fans have really short memories), you support him while he's on the field playing for the team and clearly trying.

They're probably the same "supporters" who go into a fapfeast when Bridges does a step-over or one of his show-pony tricks!

Dainnan
11-01-2014, 10:13 AM
I get the same impression.

That said Bridges was better than usual last night. I counted, I think he attempted 11 passes and completed 7, he had a shot, he only needlessly lost the ball through overplaying it on a couple of occasions.

Thomas477
11-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Was he trying? He didn't seem to care for the majority of the game tbh. As for getting consistent game time. He's had 28 games to gel with the squad. How long can we continue to carry him? If he's looking for form, there's the NYL, HAL isn't the place for it.

The Dunster
11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
I remember seeing James Brown play a NYL games at Adamstown for GCU against the Jets a few years back. He was far and away the most dominant player on the pitch. He made Ali Abbas look very ordinary on several occasions and was strong both in attack and defence.

Confidence. That's all he needs but with the GVE at the wheel I don't like his chances.

He was good once and he can be again, it just might take a change of club or manager to get him there.

joel31
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
I remember seeing James Brown play a NYL games at Adamstown for GCU against the Jets a few years back. He was far and away the most dominant player on the pitch. He made Ali Abbas look very ordinary on several occasions and was strong both in attack and defence.

Confidence. That's all he needs but with the GVE at the wheel I don't like his chances.

He was good once and he can be again, it just might take a change of club or manager to get him there.
He was excellent at Gold Coast scored incredible goals. I think he would've partially lost his ability to do that when he was injured and has no confidence to try the magical again thanks to our coach and fans

Jeterpool
11-01-2014, 12:32 PM

To be fair I don't think it was just the Western Stand sarcastically cheering him last night, but I do agree that it's not right.

I admit I was giving him a bit last night to those around me (not yelling at the player), however that was after the needless pass he gave away that almost resulted in a goal (where they broke on the counter and birraz came out the save from Kosta). However I thought he started fine. Sure he gave away a pass early on but he chased and chased and won it back for us. That effort was VERY pleasing to see. Someone around me was on his back straight away before the kickoff which I thought was harsh so I actually made a point of saying when he did something well.

Look back at the match thread and you'll see I even picked him to start in my side. I think he will start again next week too.

I really think James is a confidence player. He needs a run of games and to get an assist and/or a goal. He buries that chance last night and his confidence rises. Someone else posted that GvE has got into his head and rushed him back. I couldn't agree more. It was even worse that he yanked him after that miss so early in the second half. Why do it 4 mins in? Mind you after what GvE did to Jesse Pinto nothing will surprise me.

The questions are - can we afford to carry a player who needs (maybe) a run of games to get his form back at this stage of the season? And is this club the best suited for James at the moment? I say to the later, if we change coach it could be. If we don't then I think James needs to move on.

And you're right. He by FAR isn't the worst player to ever play for us. Guy Bates, Jorge Drovandi, Zhang Shou anyone?

Good post, also.

Hunter403
11-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Brown might not have been the only player misplacing a pass last night but he did it consistently. His first touch was the worst out there and his inability to get his body between the ball and the defender cost him possession numerous times. His missed shot on goal was followed 30 seconds later by MV equalising. No, not blaming him, but if he had scored (and he should of from there) we are 2 up and MV are gone. He clearly isn't up to standard. The reason is unimportant. While he is not up to standard he should be in the yourth team. The fact that he is in the senior team and is not cutting it, thus 'ruining his confidence' and getting up the nose of parts of the crowd is not his fault. It is Van Egmonds. Without doubt he is not the player he was and until he is, he has no place in the senior team. Same goes for Virgilli who looked unfit and stopped running in the last quarter of the game.

Jeterpool
11-01-2014, 05:51 PM
While he is not up to standard he should be in the yourth team.

I was thinking this myself

GazFish35
11-01-2014, 06:00 PM
He's a victim of high expectation.
He burst onto the scene at gcu and has never really captured that again.

Good squaddie, just not the stand out he was hoped to be.... Still injuries can take a long time to recover from.

hawk
11-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Brown might not have been the only player misplacing a pass last night .

who was the goose that completely missed a header in front of goal from the right cross at the northern end?

Jeterpool
11-01-2014, 06:11 PM
who was the goose that completely missed a header in front of goal from the right cross at the northern end?

Goodwin

Tommyjet
11-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Seriously I saw just as many good things from brown last night as bad things( admitly u want better than 50/50). Those haters with blinkers on saw no positives. Those same haters are wat makes the jets faithful the dumbest football fan base in the a league. Fact

My2BobsWorth
11-01-2014, 06:41 PM

He's had one and a half seasons and did fark all, get over it, you were wrong

MFKS
11-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Seriously I saw just as many good things from brown last night as bad things( admitly u want better than 50/50). Those haters with blinkers on saw no positives. Those same haters are wat makes the jets faithful the dumbest football fan base in the a league. Fact

FFS I think we all know the Gypos have that title wrapped up before the game game even kicks off

militiamon
11-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Had to double check the title of the thread, thought this might have been "Bridges Time To Go" after reading this post.

MFKS
11-01-2014, 06:46 PM

Bridges has had 2 and a half seasons since his retirement comeback and he has done FARK ALL, :rof:Time to get over it,:rof: as you are wrong:rof:

My2BobsWorth
11-01-2014, 07:41 PM
This is the Brown thread idiots, grow up

Sam
11-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Mmm I think hes had enough time to "prove himself", send him back to youth league to practice. He sounds like he could have potential, just not in the a league.

seldom
12-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Last time I looked shit was Brown

Jeterpool
16-01-2014, 08:51 AM
OK, I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a bit more of James Brown in the next few weeks.

If, and only if, he gets an extended run in the team do I think we will see if he has what it takes.

I'm willing to give him a clean slate and watch him with un-biased eyes. GvE's plea really had nothing to do with this. It's something I decided to do last weekend when I saw he was starting.

Truth be told, Gary's pleas almost made me decide against it.

Tommyjet
16-01-2014, 11:11 AM
OK, I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a bit more of James Brown in the next few weeks.

If, and only if, he gets an extended run in the team do I think we will see if he has what it takes.

I'm willing to give him a clean slate and watch him with un-biased eyes. GvE's plea really had nothing to do with this. It's something I decided to do last weekend when I saw he was starting.

Truth be told, Gary's please almost made me decide against it.
I agree. I actually would like to see him in behind the striker playing one or two touch and having less time to think. I reckon on the right he gets isolated too easily and without any confidence turns it over more often. Needs more team mates around him basically, less crowd

sanchez
16-01-2014, 10:54 PM
I always thought of Brown as more of a shot-put than a discuss.

seldom
17-01-2014, 12:38 AM
:lulz:
I always thought of Brown as more of a shot-put than a discuss.

:lulz::lulz:.....:lulz:

Thomas477
17-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Been watching for 2 minutes and he's already lost the ball. FFS.

Jeterpool
17-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Been watching for 2 minutes and he's already lost the ball. FFS.

He was one of our better players tonight. Judge in the whole appearance and not a single sample. I could say Birraz was crap because he let in 3 but he was one if our better players

sanchez
17-01-2014, 09:33 PM
He was one of our better players tonight. Judge in the whole appearance and not a single sample. I could say Birraz was crap because he let in 3 but he was one if our better players

That's not really anything to be overly proud of...the best of an awful bunch.

Jeterpool
17-01-2014, 09:35 PM

True. But he played better

Tommyjet
17-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Yeah showed signs of confidence, couple of decent efforts on goal. Still turns back too much but so does the whole team really

Hunter403
17-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Better tonight but I am not sure if it was just because his team mates were so crap.

sanchez
17-01-2014, 10:23 PM

I actually thought this was the Bridges out thread...

I agree Brown starting to show glimpses of his potential. It was always going to be a tough road back. My fear is though, one more injury and it's lights out on his career.

la bazzle
17-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Wasn't too bad ey

hawk
17-01-2014, 11:08 PM
ay, way not bad

skippy
19-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Well if the crowd booed him last week and he was one of the better performers this week, means he should get booed more often.

Jeterpool
19-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Well if the crowd booed him last week and he was one of the better performers this week, means he should get booed more often.

Interesting logic.

I thought Gary's logic of defending him and then benching him was also interesting.

Lichael Richards
19-01-2014, 08:41 PM
had 3 decent shots, good stuff

Jetmaster
20-01-2014, 10:23 AM
More than anybody, will respond to a new coach.

Expect significant improvement.

Bon
20-01-2014, 10:25 AM
More than anybody, will respond to a new coach.

Expect significant improvement.

I agree..
I expect the same sort of lift from Goody and Pepper too.. (with Peps preferably not in a fullback position)..

russjaybee
20-01-2014, 10:50 AM
I remember when Pepper first got his run in the team and I'm pretty sure we had him and kanta playing CM, think it was a home game. He played great guns. Pity neither of them seem to have much desire to actually get forward and score goals, what's happened to young CM's these days?

MFKS
23-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Bloke scored 3 in the Yoof today.

Rushed back to HAL side

Thomas477
23-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Would prefer to see Kale before Brown.

MFKS
23-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Would prefer to see Kale before Brown.

So would I but lets face reality no one knows what they are doing

hawk
23-02-2014, 09:48 PM
how now brown cow, moo

stopper2
23-02-2014, 10:16 PM
When Brown was coming back from injury earlier in the season it would have been more beneficial for him to spend a month or so in Youth to regain his touch and confidence, instead GVE week after week persevered with him till his confidence was clearly shot. Been playing back in Youth now for a few weeks and gets a hat-trick. Probably too little too little however to save his career at this club....and the muppets running this club give GVE the Emerging Jets Head coach role???WTF

23-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Nothing to discuss, When is his contract up ?.

Tommyjet
24-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Will end up at another club and be carving the league within the next couple of years