PDA

View Full Version : Superdylans swimming pool thread

Superdylan
13-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Being in the middle of summer with fairly warm weather just wondering who off this forum has a swimming pool and what type

Upload pictures etc

q-money
13-01-2014, 12:56 PM
lol!

one of your best SD

furns
13-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I believe this completes the foz. May as well shut it down now.

BodyNovo
13-01-2014, 01:05 PM
****ing hell Dylan

You had me at the jokes you were telling yesterday.

This will do me

The Dunster
13-01-2014, 01:12 PM
http://www.theamazingpics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Most-Awesome-Home-Swimming-Pool-in-The-World.jpg

Thread of the year.

russjaybee
13-01-2014, 01:44 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3800000/S6E1-Bart-Of-Darkness-the-simpsons-3834236-720-576.jpg

selassie
13-01-2014, 02:43 PM
i wish i had the money.

dylan, what swimming pool do you have?

Superdylan
13-01-2014, 03:11 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=508&d=1389586159

Bit smaller & shallower then most pools but does the job.

Also self cleaning.

russjaybee
13-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Strong pool game SD.

I've got a pool from Bunnings out back breeding mosquitoes. If anyone is keen for Dengue Fever or Malaria then I've got the sweet hook ups.

BodyNovo
13-01-2014, 03:52 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=508&d=1389586159

Also self cleaning.

wins his own thread

Schultz
13-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I have a sump in the grass.
You can probably put in feet in.

hausmann
13-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Great thread SD.

Superdylan
13-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Hehe family pool I should say, still live at home lads but we got it last year.

Hamma12
13-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Being in the middle of summer with fairly warm weather just wondering who off this forum has a swimming pool and what type

Upload pictures etc

Some of your best work SD.
Thread of the century.

Mitchy
13-01-2014, 08:57 PM
5 stars

pv4
13-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Also self cleaning.

SD tell me about them pool chairs mate. They look amazing plus look comfy. How does the texture of the material go against the bare skin?

pv4
13-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Also I bet that football gets a bit of a workout. What kind of pool games are a hit at the SD household?

stretch
13-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Got a pool yet PV4? One in the works? With all your renovations I'd expect nothing less than water slides, water fountains, and waterfalls.

parksey
13-01-2014, 11:01 PM
^^ check out this genius with the oxford comma. sort your shit out, mate.

parksey
13-01-2014, 11:02 PM
nice pool, sd.

militiamon
14-01-2014, 12:51 AM
^^ check out this genius with the oxford comma. sort your shit out, mate.

:brr:

Superdylan
14-01-2014, 12:35 PM
SD tell me about them pool chairs mate. They look amazing plus look comfy. How does the texture of the material go against the bare skin?

Their fairly conformable, but I don't use them much

Also I bet that football gets a bit of a workout. What kind of pool games are a hit at the SD household?
Not much

Got a pool yet PV4? One in the works? With all your renovations I'd expect nothing less than water slides, water fountains, and waterfalls.

Ffs :blush::wub:

sanchez
15-01-2014, 11:36 PM
f*ck me, I knew I came back for a reason

Dyl, you deadset flipping legend. What a thread.

I'm in f*cking tears.

pv4
16-01-2014, 07:25 AM

:rof: from my house you could nearly throw a stone into the lake. I have a natural, low-maintenance swimming pool.

Their fairly conformable, but I don't use them much

You don't get some sweet sun-tanning time on those boys?

You don't play pool games?! What's the point then!?

sanchez
16-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Hey Dyl, the missus and I are in the process of building a new la casa.

We have enough room for a pool on our block (if the funds permit) and I was seeking your advice on what pool shape and type would be recommended?

I was investigating a plunge pool and prefer conrete and tiled, but it's a bit more pricey than the fibreglass I hear?

Also, shape...would you recommend a roundish model, the bean shape or maybe even the adventurous kidney shape?

Such a dilemma. Get back to me when you get a chance bro.

Your biggest fan. Sanch.

Superdylan
16-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey Dyl, the missus and I are in the process of building a new la casa.

We have enough room for a pool on our block (if the funds permit) and I was seeking your advice on what pool shape and type would be recommended?

I was investigating a plunge pool and prefer conrete and tiled, but it's a bit more pricey than the fibreglass I hear?

Also, shape...would you recommend a roundish model, the bean shape or maybe even the adventurous kidney shape?

Such a dilemma. Get back to me when you get a chance bro.

Your biggest fan. Sanch.

Lol I don't work for blue haven mate.

However I will admit curved pools give a swimming pool more character, especially with a nice garden surrounding one side.

Fiberglass is good my family pool is a fiberglass one only issue is sometimes it can create hollow interior in the dirt areas filling the pool which we have kinda noticed. Hopefully this won't cause too much unevenness down the track.

sanchez
16-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Lol I don't work for blue haven mate.

However I will admit curved pools give a swimming pool more character, especially with a nice garden surrounding one side.

Fiberglass is good my family pool is a fiberglass one only issue is sometimes it can create hollow interior in the dirt areas filling the pool. This may cause unevenness down the track, which I hope doesn't happen to ours.

Cheers for the help man. You really should work for blue haven though, I think you've got something special when it comes to pools.

What kind of active cleaning device do you use...barracuda?

Also, you recommend salt, chlorine or neutral?

Superdylan
16-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Cheers for the help man. You really should work for blue haven though, I think you've got something special when it comes to pools.

What kind of active cleaning device do you use...barracuda?

Also, you recommend salt, chlorine or neutral?

Ours is a salt chlorine which we only have to use once a year apparently. Not sure with our active cleaning device we have it running overnight though which is good.

sanchez
16-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Ours is a salt chlorine which we only have to use once a year apparently. Not sure with our active cleaning device we have it running overnight though which is good.

Do you find the impact on your electricity bills managable in the warmer periods? I was thinking of having dedicated solar panels for the pool only, but just can't figure out if the cost would be recouped in a reasonable timeframe! lol...sucks balls this pool stuff, hey Dylberry.

Superdylan
16-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Do you find the impact on your electricity bills managable in the warmer periods? I was thinking of having dedicated solar panels for the pool only, but just can't figure out if the cost would be recouped in a reasonable timeframe! lol...sucks balls this pool stuff, hey Dylberry.

This I can't answer champ.

q-money
16-01-2014, 11:37 PM
SD providing the serious knowhow in this thread

seldom
17-01-2014, 12:20 AM
could do with a few more steps

the_butcher
17-01-2014, 12:38 AM
Wow, haven't been on the foz for a long time & this is literally the first thread I read. "Lol I don't work for blue haven mate" was probs my favourite bit.

I like pools too dyl. Keep up the good work.

parksey
17-01-2014, 12:50 AM
there's some glorious conversation in this thread

Schultz
17-01-2014, 08:14 AM

The active cleaning is great. Means you can get up in the morning and jump straight in without worrying about leaves, sticks and bugs etc

GazFish35
17-01-2014, 09:03 AM
What's your thoughts on lap pools dyl.

Like sanch, we are looking to build and we have a sloping block, I am thinking of a building a lap pool that's sticks out of the hill....

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/15/c9/19/15c919fc15725a1bffc8612cde81ed66.jpg

russjaybee
17-01-2014, 09:32 AM
One of the most useful threads I've seen in a long time.

Superdylan
17-01-2014, 11:48 AM
What's your thoughts on lap pools dyl.

Like sanch, we are looking to build and we have a sloping block, I am thinking of a building a lap pool that's sticks out of the hill....

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/15/c9/19/15c919fc15725a1bffc8612cde81ed66.jpg

Funny enough I've been doing 5 metre laps in my pool lately, freestyle, breastroke etc

Great way to keep fitness levels up fish.

BodyNovo
17-01-2014, 11:54 AM
sd the peter sterling of the foz

skippy
17-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Funny enough I've been doing 5 metre laps in my pool lately, freestyle, breastroke etc

Great way to keep fitness levels up fish.

How many of these 5 metre laps would you recommend to increase aerobic fitness?

Also I only have a 3 metre blow up pool, how many laps of these are equivalent to a 5 metre lap?

sh10
17-01-2014, 02:03 PM
"Lol I don't work for blue haven mate" was probs my favourite bit.

+1

Bon
17-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I had to inspect the picture more closely, but I didn't realise SD was such a pimp!!!

Yep, I'm so ****ing bored on my day off.. I actually spent half an hour trying to find a picture of SD that I could paint in there with the ladies, but had absolutely nothing.. hahahahaha
Back to watching the cricket then..

russjaybee
17-01-2014, 04:21 PM
NF.net Cribs - S01E01 - SuperDizzla Gets Wet

sanchez
17-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Rightio Dylinger, I've been asking myself this one for days. Hoping you can help me out.

What decor, by the way of inflatable pool toys do you recommend? Also, know of any cheap suppliers? I hear clarke rubber have the goods, but whip you with the price.

bloody just one dilemma after another...don't know how you're so cool about it all big dyl.

Bremsstrahlung
18-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Predicting some early winners for the Foz awards of 2014.

Lichael Richards
19-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Nice pool dinga linga. Do you like boats and hoes?

sanchez
20-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Everytime I see there has been a new post in this thread it's like Griffmas.

sanchez
20-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Dyl, do you recommend self-testing kits for pH balances, or get the experts in to get it done properz?

Superdylan
21-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Rightio Dylinger, I've been asking myself this one for days. Hoping you can help me out.

What decor, by the way of inflatable pool toys do you recommend? Also, know of any cheap suppliers? I hear clarke rubber have the goods, but whip you with the price.

bloody just one dilemma after another...don't know how you're so cool about it all big dyl.

Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

sanchez
21-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Mate I've actually had big issues with plastic pool toys they can get wrecked quite easily. Best to get ones that are solid, like the beanbag seat for pools.

that's straight to the pool room dyl...gee whiz

Swimmerdylan
21-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Good thread.

Premy
21-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Lolzhttp://www.corruptionx.com/images/smilies/penis.gif

hawk
21-01-2014, 11:07 PM

apparently theres a pre-coast pool party at your joint on friday arv. Should we bring solid toys not blow ups?

sammydog
21-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Solid toys never let you down.

q-money
21-01-2014, 11:20 PM
this thread

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/07/13/1225891/350500-lleyton-hewitt.jpg

parksey
21-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Good thread.

http://trusoulradio.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mj-laughing1.gif

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/anchorman-teamjump.gif

selassie
22-01-2014, 09:28 AM
is there anything superdyl does not know?

hey dylan, what do you think of ocean baths? are they good for cooling off or are backyard pools better? personally, i prefer salt water to chlorinated water.

pv4
22-01-2014, 09:33 AM
hey dylan, what do you think of ocean baths? are they good for cooling off or are backyard pools better? personally, i prefer salt water to chlorinated water.

I too am interested in this SD. How do you find the swimming experience in Lake Macquarie when you go there for Xmas times as opposed to the pool?

Another question - thoughts on outdoor showers? Aldi was selling them around Xmas time. Do you think the water pressure would be enough to get all the chlorine off you? Is it sometimes too tricky to get from the pool to the shower without getting indoors wet? Does the SD household have strict no-water in the house, so dry yourself before coming in?

MFKS
22-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I too am interested in this SD. How do you find the swimming experience in Lake Macquarie when you go there for Xmas times as opposed to the pool?

Another question - thoughts on outdoor showers? Aldi was selling them around Xmas time. Do you think the water pressure would be enough to get all the chlorine off you? Is it sometimes too tricky to get from the pool to the shower without getting indoors wet? Does the SD household have strict no-water in the house, so dry yourself before coming in?

Stop Harassing people on the Foz with pool related questions or posting unsubstantiated rumours in the Local Foz.

Sheep Quiz is due West Lakes Gypo
Get to WORK

Bon
22-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Stop Harassing people on the Foz with pool related questions or posting unsubstantiated rumours in the Local Foz.

Sheep Quiz is due West Lakes Gypo
Get to WORK

:lulz:

pv4
24-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Sd - any chance you could answer the most recent questions?

sanchez
24-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Dyl, with the forecasted rain this long weekend are you disappointed you will likely not be using your pool?

I for one am sad for you.

pv4
27-01-2014, 04:53 PM
plz respond dyl

Superdylan
28-01-2014, 04:00 PM
plz respond dyl

No more questions to be asked

The thread has had it's fun, now to make another funny related page.

pv4
28-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Nah let's keep this one running. Answer our questions plz dyl

parksey
28-01-2014, 05:32 PM
y u do dis?

Bon
28-01-2014, 05:35 PM
No more questions to be asked

The thread has had it's fun, now to make another funny related page.

Yeah, when I bumped in to SD down at the game, he seemed less than impressed with how this thread had been going..

selassie
29-01-2014, 10:24 AM
bcos none of u are posting pics of ur pools.

sanchez
01-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Dyl, I don't know if you recall our conversation at last week's game....but did you get around to handing your resume in at Bluehaven?

Jeterpool
17-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Dyl, I don't know if you recall our conversation at last week's game....but did you get around to handing your resume in at Bluehaven?

Superdylan, longtime reader, first time poster.

Mrs Jeterpool and I have waited to know the answer for weeks. This is deadset like the announcement of winners on the Block.

Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on the pool they put in the unit on the Block's latest series? What value, in dollars, do you feel it will add to the property?

Are there any thoughts of expanding your area of expertise to bathrooms?

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Superdylan, longtime reader, first time poster.

Mrs Jeterpool and I have waited to know the answer for weeks. This is deadset like the announcement of winners on the Block.

Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on the pool they put in the unit on the Block's latest series? What value, in dollars, do you feel it will add to the property?

Are there any thoughts of expanding your area of expertise to bathrooms?

Pools in bathrooms are dumb. I'd much rather be swimming in the hot sun then stuck in a room.

Btw I rarely watch the block.

Buddha
17-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Hi dyl, first time poster, what type of pool do you reccommend i use to attract bitches and dem honeyz?

sammydog
17-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Pools in bathrooms are dumb. I'd much rather be swimming in the hot sun then stuck in a room.

So, are you saying that my plans to put a shade cloth structure over my pool is misguided? Damn it, and I had bought the materials and everything.

Superdylan
17-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi dyl, first time poster, what type of pool do you reccommend i use to attract bitches and dem honeyz?

Stay at birdie numms numms backpacker bar on a brissy away trip :D

Jeterpool
18-02-2014, 08:13 AM

Btw I rarely watch the block.

Thanks Dyl :)

lquiquer
30-07-2014, 08:58 PM
SD ...... The Yanks beat u to it!!!!.... I Want to renew my membership in the pool....bay 60 in the pool...798

MFKS
31-07-2014, 08:30 AM
SD ...... The Yanks beat u to it!!!!.... I Want to renew my membership in the pool....bay 60 in the pool...798\

Brazillians done it better

Could go for a swim at Copabcabana Beach and between getting smashed by the waves watch the WC on the big screen while a coupe of thousand stunners in clothing that covered **** all skin were also in your view

Bon
31-07-2014, 08:36 AM
\

Brazillians done it better

Could go for a swim at Copabcabana Beach and between getting smashed by the waves watch the WC on the big screen while a coupe of thousand stunners in clothing that covered **** all skin were also in your view

I know SD would just be shaking his head at you right now Member, being chest deep in chlorine and knuckles deep in other things, he would be too busy to respond and point out the fact that Copacabana Beach (whilst sounding amazing) is NOT a pool...

turbo
05-08-2014, 02:18 PM
It's hot as **** here this summer so most people I know are shelling out thirty notes or so on one of these bad boys.

http://www.sevylor-europe.com/trade/images/Product/medium/88.jpg

sanchez
09-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Hey Big D, this cold weather would surely be hampering your aquatic experiences of late I take it?

Superdylan
10-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Hey Big D, this cold weather would surely be hampering your aquatic experiences of late I take it?

Yep, over it bring back summer.

pv4
26-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Thought this would be the best place to get some advice..

If a person was to tip 2 buckets of ice on their head, most of the water and ice inside the bucket then landing in the pool they are standing next to, will that drastically affect the pool temperature? How long should the pool be off limits to again regain regular temperature after such an act?

Also how much does drinking alcohol affect a persons ability, and safety, to swim? Just say I find a vodka bottle in my fridge, and take a shot or two from it, should I not swim for a certain amount of time? What is the limit of alcohol that should be safe to swim?

Thanks in advance for all your help SD m8. Hopefully you'll have some insight into these questions.

Bon
26-09-2014, 09:33 AM

If a person was to tip 2 buckets of ice on their head, most of the water and ice inside the bucket then landing in the pool they are standing next to, will that drastically affect the pool temperature? How long should the pool be off limits to again regain regular temperature after such an act?

Also how much does drinking alcohol affect a persons ability, and safety, to swim? Just say I find a vodka bottle in my fridge, and take a shot or two from it, should I not swim for a certain amount of time? What is the limit of alcohol that should be safe to swim?

Thanks in advance for all your help SD m8. Hopefully you'll have some insight into these questions.

I see what you did there.. :wub:

Jeterpool
26-09-2014, 09:54 AM

Good question. I also heard on Doctor Karl the other day some bloke thought he had a leak in his pool. He was advised to place a bucket of water, filled to the pool water level, on the pool step to determine if there was a drop. The concern, however, was if there was a difference in the evaporation rate of the bucket and the pool.

Thoughts?

BodyNovo
26-09-2014, 02:56 PM

thats enough internet for one day

Superdylan
26-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Ffs mitch

I see what you did there.. :wub:

Haha yep

thats enough internet for one day

I agree bodi

Premy
26-09-2014, 05:03 PM

Vodka in pool = amazing times
I once went threw 4 bottles of vodka with a Irish stranger the day after a full moon served by a nice Thai lady all day, the night was a blur but I'm told I had fun.

pv4
22-01-2015, 09:08 AM
SD you never told me you delved into music m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzVB3zHeh4U&x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374#t=77

MFKS
30-01-2015, 11:33 PM
SD noticed some kick arse photos on my FB feed of you enjoying activities in a pool. No explanation to where and what you were doing

Care to elaborate???

MFKS
13-03-2015, 08:33 PM
http://www.clevelander.com/eGallery/upload/Clevelander/Clevelander/sport.jpg

SD how would this go at Stade de Newy

Jeterpool
13-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Would that be you in the pool in the back right member? Suspiciously staying under the water?

Jeterpool
14-12-2016, 01:06 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/14/not-too-deep-at-midwicket-gabba-makes-a-splash-with-a-pool-at-the-test

Great to see Cricket Australia reading the Foz.

It can be done people.

We got the Squadron behind the stadium, this has to be the next front.

Premy
01-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Its actually happening:lulzturtle::brrr:

boz-monaut
09-01-2019, 09:56 PM
Premy seems to have unleashed a whole bunch of spammers onto this thread

if we get any more I may have to delete this thread

plague
09-01-2019, 10:14 PM
Premy seems to have unleashed a whole bunch of spammers onto this thread

if we get any more I may have to delete this thread

to be fair one of them did a ripping Captain Obvious impression.

Couscous
11-06-2019, 03:47 PM
So the Herald published a titillating article (https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6207886/sex-on-the-deck-at-beach-rental-has-neighbours-seeing-red) about AirBnBers getting loose in Merewether, copulating a lot and upsetting the neighbours. The council and the courts got involved.

I just want to know why Jo McCarthy published an entire book on this issue. I fell asleep a couple of times, went back to my Dostoevsky to break it up a little, then finally returned and finished the article during a marathon reading session.

(This article is in the correct thread because some of the debauched behaviour took place in a spa, which is a type of pool.)

boz-monaut
11-06-2019, 04:14 PM
because Joanne McCarthy can publish whatever she wants - she's a goddamned national treasure

you can do that when you've written a one page memo to a prime minister that led to a royal commission that locked up countless paedophiles including th higher ranked nonce in the Catholic Church

pv4
11-06-2019, 04:20 PM
(This article is in the correct thread because some of the debauched behaviour took place in a spa, which is a type of pool.)

You have definitely got me thinking about the classification of a spa vs pool. I would be interested to hear what Dyl's thoughts on spas and jaccuzis are, and what best flora to surround them with.

Couscous
11-06-2019, 04:54 PM
because Joanne McCarthy can publish whatever she wants - she's a goddamned national treasure

All I'm saying is I would have preferred a one-page memo on the naughty renters to a 19th-century-literary-style Novocastrian epic on the foibles of the shared economy.

boz-monaut
11-06-2019, 05:10 PM
did you read the even longer article on this in Saturday's paper?

this story has everything - it involves one of Newcastle's richest streets, home to well known celebrities, involves public nudity and drug use, it shows how powerless even wealthy and well connected people are in the face of this sort of gig economy bullshit and allows you to relate to how shit this would be if it was your neighbours pulling this sort of stunt - I personally can't get enough of the story

Skirt Boy
11-06-2019, 10:44 PM
This is amusing.

The fights and late boozing yeah that's a shitty thing to deal with.

People nude and what not? Private property. Neighbours shouldn't be looking in.