PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Pre season fitness

wannabe
15-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Was chatting to an Edgeworth player today and was told that they are training 4 days a week,Tues Thurs Fri and Sunday. Peoples thoughts. Myself and the player both agreed this was asking too much of part time amateur footballers.

Leftback at Home
16-01-2014, 09:03 AM
They are playing State League so I think 4days is about right. I know some State League AFL players in SA train Mon, Tue, Thur with a game Sat & a recovery Sun. Also some of the Sydney Rugby clubs train 4days min. Below NBN might be asking too much but if these guys want to play at State League Level or beyond you need to make sacrafices.

pv4
16-01-2014, 09:11 AM
When Edgy win their first 5 games straight, I think the answer will be evident.

immersion
16-01-2014, 09:47 AM
When Edgy win their first 5 games straight, I think the answer will be evident.

Interesting thought considering the majority of their starts over the last couple of years have been horrible.

My opinion is that it is to much. people need to have a life. Playing in the state league is not a life, it is a hobby. That's my opinion.

Also this maybe edgeworth feeling insecure? With them losing 8 or so players this maybe there way of trying to combat the situation.

PV4 it will very interesting to see how they go this year you are right.

cobra23
17-01-2014, 10:54 AM
They will want to win those games as they play the bottom half teams from last year..

boz-monaut
17-01-2014, 01:36 PM
can you guys be a little more descriptive with the thread titles?

one more vague title like this and we might have to make it so only mods can start threads here

a little consideration in this forum goes a long way...

boz-monaut
17-01-2014, 07:18 PM
title edited

Zico
17-01-2014, 08:38 PM
can you guys be a little more descriptive with the thread titles?

one more vague title like this and we might have to make it so only mods can start threads here

a little consideration in this forum goes a long way...
Have a Snicker Boz, Your not yourself when your hungry!!!

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 10:27 AM
The elite players should be doing a lot of preseason fitness but NPL is only semiprofessional. Let’s keep it real here people.