PDA

View Full Version : 2014 State Cup

Pages : 1 [2]

RANGER09
17-03-2014, 11:55 AM
surely it would have to be random luck of the draw?????

one would think so but you never know, how did your guys go in the heat yesterday? was ordinary kicking off at 11.30am

Drunken ranger
17-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Suns smashed Toronto 5-0

United
17-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Anyone know when rd2 is drawn?(for inter district clubs)
Bit of a surprise seeing red devils getting stitched up by the tigers especially seeing tigers were dined on by the kingfishers 5~0

Well if Wallsend get off their backsides and submit the results. We would all have known by now. Just because they got beat doesn't mean they should avoid doing their job.

RANGER09
17-03-2014, 01:28 PM
any scores for Swansea v Plattsy & Uni v RAAF?

all good scores up now on NNSW website

Swansea won 5-0
Uni won 3-0

Zeus
17-03-2014, 01:31 PM
How does it work from here?
When do ZPL teams and NBN play each other?

So If I have it right its;

Magic
Sth Cardiff
Jaffas
Edge
Weston

I assume they all still play each other and one bye?
That will leave 3 teams from NBN/Newfm.

What happens then?

The Magician
17-03-2014, 01:35 PM
How does it work from here?
When do ZPL teams and NBN play each other?

So If I have it right its;

Magic
Sth Cardiff
Jaffas
Edge
Weston

I assume they all still play each other and one bye?
That will leave 3 teams from NBN/Newfm.

What happens then?

The pools only join in Coffs Harbour... from the NPL team 1 team will receive the bye and next round their will be 2 matches. the winners of each plus the team who receives the bye will travel to Coffs.

Zeus
17-03-2014, 01:42 PM
The pools only join in Coffs Harbour... from the NPL team 1 team will receive the bye and next round their will be 2 matches. the winners of each plus the team who receives the bye will travel to Coffs.
Thanks The Magician.
So essentially 3 NBN league teams will go to coffs harbour.
Then what is the format there?
3 NBN teams, 1 ZPL team what about the other groups?

oneeye
17-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks The Magician.

Last year I think
One team in next draw gets a bye other 4 play to leave 3
then a team gets a bye straight through from final 3 teams the other two play off for the other spot.

cobra23
17-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks The Magician.

round 3, 5 teams left,
1 bye plus 2 matches = 3 teams left after this round. \

round 4 , 3 teams left
1 bye plus 1 match , the bye will go straght to coffs, the winner of the match will join them.

that will be 2 teams from npl/newfm

cobra23
17-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Last year I think
One team in next draw gets a bye other 4 play to leave 3
then a team gets a bye straight through from final 3 teams the other two play off for the other spot.

You beat me to it!!! ha ha

Zeus
17-03-2014, 04:11 PM
You beat me to it!!! ha ha

Thanks that makes sense.

supa
17-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Draw for Zone league has been released....

New Lambton Eagles v UNI ZL2
Nelson Bay v Kotara Sth
Kahibah v Raymond Terrace
Tenambit v Swansea
Muswellbrook v Cooks Hill ZPL
Cardiff City v Mayfield ZPL
Barnsley v Newcastle Suns
UNI ZPL v Dudley Redhead ZPL
Medowie v Beresfield United ZL1
Dungog v Jesmond

boz-monaut
17-03-2014, 05:16 PM
where is this from? hasn't been emailed to clubs or put up on the Northern website

Dolphin Messenger
17-03-2014, 05:18 PM
youtube

Zico
17-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I just watched the draw on Facebook and saw the the Mighty Magic have the bye again. Listen to all the whingers harp on about a rigged draw again. Gary Fisher did the draw with the box being visable this time.

namwob99
17-03-2014, 05:22 PM
where is this from? hasn't been emailed to clubs or put up on the Northern website
YouTube!!

Dolphin Messenger
17-03-2014, 05:23 PM
I just watched the draw on Facebook and saw the the Mighty Magic have the bye again. Listen to all the whingers harp on about a rigged draw again. Gary Fisher did the draw with the box being visable this time.

The conspiracy theory is the card was perfectly placed at the bottom to be picked last

Zico
17-03-2014, 05:28 PM
The conspiracy theory is the card was perfectly placed at the bottom to be picked last
I was waiting for that one

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 05:39 PM
If it was in the box at all

sharky21
17-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Nelson Bay v Kotara Sth
Tenambit v Swansea
Dungog v Jesmond
Surely your not backing against us again supa??? Haha. I might have to hire a bus to park in front of goals to help me haha.

Nou Camp
17-03-2014, 05:48 PM

Nelson Bay v Kotara Sth
Tenambit v Swansea
Dungog v Jesmond

what happened to the bye?

RANGER09
17-03-2014, 05:50 PM
what happened to the bye?

If Dungog field a team then no bye I guess, draw was a lot better on YouTube this time around!
Anyone know venues yet?

Imyourhero
17-03-2014, 05:52 PM
draw was a lot better on YouTube this time around!

They listen to the Foz!! Troll on lads!!

supa
17-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Surely your not backing against us again supa??? Haha. I might have to hire a bus to park in front of goals to help me haha.
feel free to prove me wrong again mr black

sharky21
17-03-2014, 06:06 PM
feel free to prove me wrong again mr black Will be doing our best to cause an upset.

sharky21
17-03-2014, 06:11 PM
If Dungog field a team then no bye I guess, draw was a lot better on YouTube this time around!
Anyone know venues yet?
I would say dungog will field a team again it wasn't there ZL3 team they fielded in round 1 was an all age team I believe.
And as for venues. I believe we at Tenambit are once again hosting games.

fresh
17-03-2014, 06:27 PM
uni zpl vs dudley redhead zpl. Bit early for that. Thats the unluckiest draw of the round!

barnsley vs suns

cardiff verse mayfield. apart from that theres a few average sides gurenteed to progress through another round.

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Weston v south Cardiff, edgeworth v lambton
Magic v bye
Web says 26/27 April
Not sure if thats right

The Manager
17-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Magic v bye
Web says 26/27 April
Not sure if thats right

Southern Pool (NPL/NEWFM Clubs)
Round 1 – Saturday 1st / Sunday 2nd March
Round 2 – Saturday 15th / Sunday 16th March
Round 3 – Wednesday 30th April
Round 4 – Wednesday 21st May

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Cheers

leftrightout
17-03-2014, 09:18 PM
uni zpl vs dudley redhead zpl. Bit early for that. Thats the unluckiest draw of the round!

barnsley vs suns

cardiff verse mayfield. apart from that theres a few average sides gurenteed to progress through another round.

Yeah a few tough draws there. I will pick Dudley to get up over uni. Dudley's result against suburbs was a big one.
You would still think Barnsley will have too much class for suns unless they have picked up a few more good quality players this year?
I also think Cardiff will get over mayfield.

terryk
17-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Magic v bye
Web says 26/27 April
Not sure if thats right

My winners are Weston, Edgeworth, and the BYE. LOL...

Reds Forever
17-03-2014, 10:36 PM
My winners are Weston, Edgeworth, and the BYE. LOL...

Would love to see the bye removed from the nbn/new fm part of state cup. Offer a spot to the minor or major premiers from Zpl and give them a chance to play with the big boys.

RANGER09
17-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Would love to see the bye removed from the nbn/new fm part of state cup. Offer a spot to the minor or major premiers from Zpl and give them a chance to play with the big boys.

Why can't jets youth compete? And all ZPL teams get their shot don't they?

Retro Jet
17-03-2014, 10:53 PM

barnsley vs suns

Really? Well try Cookers (ZPL) 2012 draw on for size:
Rnd 1 Dudley, Rnd 2 Cardiff, Rnd 3 Plattsburg and out v New Lambton Rnd 4.
The tin hats got a real good run on the Foz that year lol

Premy
18-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Why can't jets youth compete?Because this is part of the FFA Cup Qualification and the Jets come in later in the Competition. Bit like asking why can't Edgy's 17's take the spot of the Bye.

jets04
18-03-2014, 12:37 AM

This wouldn't solve the issue as then you would still end up with 9 teams in round 2 and hence the need for a bye. Not to mention the fact that no ZPL team is going to see decreasing their chances of progressing in the competition as a good thing.

Although the bye is a bit of a joke it is a lot better than the lucky loser which has previously been used, seems NNSW are trying to continually improve this competition.

The easiest solution which I can see is have a qualifying round before round one, like they do in the English FA cup. Have the bottom 2 teams from NEWFM from the previous year play off, therefore leaving 16 teams at the round one stage and no byes need.

fresh
18-03-2014, 03:07 AM
normal tournament style draws. comp of 16 for newfm/nbn like you said. and a knockout round of 32 for interdisterict. 1 or 2 teams may have to play of to even make it to the round of 16 or 32 to begin with. But least from then its a straight knockout. Get rid of this constant unfair bye crap right near the end.

fresh
18-03-2014, 03:13 AM

jumping into there section of the state league draw?. Why would they want to bother. Im a zone league supporter but lets face it . Thats a way harder path to coffs harbour.

and I get that they want to encourage more clubs to participate and not get flogged by nbn teams strate up.But Why dont you play nbn/newfm down to 4 teams. zone league down to 4 teams. Then play a zl vs a nbn side off for the 4 spots in coffs. Gives the interdisterict a few games against there own teams before facing the nbn sides? But that way 4 nbn sides still have a way to progress.

Swanky
18-03-2014, 11:34 AM
23/03/2014 Kahibah FC v Raymond Terrace SC Tomaree Sporting Complex (Nelson Bay Road, Nelson Bay)11:30am
23/03/2014 Dungog SC v Jesmond FC Tomaree Sporting Complex (Nelson Bay Road, Nelson Bay)1:00pm
23/03/2014 Nelson Bay FC v Kotara South SFC Tomaree Sporting Complex (Nelson Bay Road, Nelson Bay)2:30pm

23/03/2014 Cardiff City FC v Mayfield Utd SFC (ZPL) Beryl Humble Sports Complex (Metford Road, Tenambit)11:30am
23/03/2014 Muswellbrook FC v Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL) Beryl Humble Sports Complex (Metford Road, Tenambit)1:00pm
23/03/2014 Tenambit Sharks FC v Swansea FC Beryl Humble Sports Complex (Metford Road, Tenambit)2:30pm

23/03/2014 New Lambton Eagles FC v University Mens FC (ZL2) Yulong Oval (Kirrang Drive, Medowie)11:00am
23/03/2014 University Mens FC (ZPL) v Dudley Redhead SFC (ZPL) Yulong Oval (Kirrang Drive, Medowie)12:30pm
23/03/2014 Barnsley Utd v Newcastle Suns FC Yulong Oval (Kirrang Drive, Medowie)2:00pm
23/03/2014 Medowie FC v Beresfield Utd SSC (ZL1) Yulong Oval (Kirrang Drive, Medowie)3:30pm

Newsfeed
18-03-2014, 09:50 PM
NPL Draw - rd 3
Edgworth v Lambton 630pm
Weston v Sth Cardiff 800pm
Rockwell Automation Park, Weston
Wednesday 30th April

Happy
23-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Big day for id state cup! Any upsets?

Happy
23-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Kahibah v RAYMOND TERRACE
Dungog v JESMOND
Nelson Bay v KOTARA SOUTH
Cardiff City v MAYFIELD (ZPL)
Muswellbrook v COOKS HILL U(ZPL)
Tenambit Sharks v SWANSEA FC
NEW LAMBTON v University(ZL2)
UNI (ZPL) v Dudley (ZPL)
BARNSLEY v Newcastle Suns
Medowie FC v BERESFIELD (ZL1)

Premy
23-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Big day for id state cup! Any upsets?Will be very interested in how your game ends up today.

Happy
23-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Will be very interested in how your game ends up today.
I agree

boz-monaut
23-03-2014, 03:38 PM
result just in from Tenambit

Cooks Hill ZPL 4 Muswellbrook 0

Happy
23-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Kahibah def ray terrace (pens)
Jesso def Dungog
Kotara def N Bay (pens)

Retro Jet
23-03-2014, 05:48 PM
result just in from Tenambit

Cooks Hill ZPL 4 Muswellbrook 0

1st game:
Mayfield (ZPL) 4 v Cardiff 3

Left at HT in the Tenambit v Swansea game. It was 1-2.

sharky21
23-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Results from Beryl Humble Tenambit

Mayfield 4 Cardiff 3
Cooks Hill 4 Mussy 0
Swansea 4 Tenambit 1

Being the goal keeper for tenambit I don't believe the score was a true reflection of the game. We had our chances and held our own thru out the game. Not saying swansea didn't deserve the win. Just pleased with the way we played against a Zpl opposition and will be taking alot of positives from it.
Good luck to all those to make round 3

boz-monaut
23-03-2014, 06:08 PM
so the winners today:

Kahibah FC
Jesmond FC
Kotara South SFC
Mayfield Utd SFC (ZPL)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Swansea FC

plus the four winners from the games from Medowie

Happy
23-03-2014, 08:52 PM
so the winners today:

Kahibah FC
Jesmond FC
Kotara South SFC
Mayfield Utd SFC (ZPL)
Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL)
Swansea FC

plus the four winners from the games from Medowie
Can anyone shed some light on the Medowie results?

Bulldogs 1962
23-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the Medowie results?

New lambton
Uni ZPL
Barnsley

Didn't hang around for the last game

Reds Forever
23-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Kahibah beat suns.

Guiltykeep
23-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Barnsley played suns??

front2
23-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Results from Beryl Humble Tenambit

Mayfield 4 Cardiff 3
Cooks Hill 4 Mussy 0
Swansea 4 Tenambit 1

Being the goal keeper for tenambit I don't believe the score was a true reflection of the game. We had our chances and held our own thru out the game. Not saying swansea didn't deserve the win. Just pleased with the way we played against a Zpl opposition and will be taking alot of positives from it.
Good luck to all those to make round 3

Tenambit were right in the game until that colostomy fck up just before half time.

newie4eva
23-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Medowie ZL2 v Beresfield ZL1

Don't know the score but got this from Medowie FC Facebook

Medowie Football Club
2 hours ago
Congratulations to Medowie FC Zone League Team winning Round 2 of the State Cup today at Yulong Oval.

sharky21
23-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Tenambit were right in the game until that colostomy fck up just before half time.

True then we missed a guilt edge chance to go 2-2 in the second half. But that's football I guess.

boz-monaut
23-03-2014, 11:09 PM
so when is the next "omg like, so totally random" draw taking place?

TXK
23-03-2014, 11:15 PM
so when is the next "omg like, so totally random" draw taking place?

Hahaha yes! Love it!

sharky21
24-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Medowie ZL2 v Beresfield ZL1

Don't know the score but got this from Medowie FC Facebook

Medowie Football Club
2 hours ago
Congratulations to Medowie FC Zone League Team winning Round 2 of the State Cup today at Yulong Oval.

Medowie won 2-1 spoke to Bero coach this morning.

Drunken ranger
24-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Sharky21 what was les's opinion of the game

sharky21
24-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Sharky21 what was les's opinion of the game Only had a quick chat but yeah wasn't overly happy even said lucky not too have conceded more.

NewyTy
24-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Round 3 Interdistrict Draw video just got posted. Games on Wednesday 16th April

Medowie FC v Mayfield United (ZPL)
Barnsley United v New Lambton Eagles
Kahibah FC v Kotara South
Swansea FC v University FC
Jesmond FC v Cooks Hill United FC (ZPL)

leftrightout
24-03-2014, 04:52 PM

What happens after this round when there are 5 teams left?

NewyTy
24-03-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm not certain but I think one side will get the bye and then that team along with the two winners will go to Round 5. Then in Round 6, one team gets a bye while two play off to progress. Then the two remaining teams from Round 6 go to the Quarter Finals. As I said though I'm not certain this is how it'll play out.

Happy
24-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Some pretty good games there. Looking forward to the 16th.

leftrightout
24-03-2014, 05:51 PM
My completely uneducated picks.... ill go for kotara to spring an upset.

fresh
24-03-2014, 05:55 PM
My completely uneducated picks.... ill go for kotara to spring an upset.

mayf and cooks are definates there

barnsley should win

uni should win but swansea have got a team that could upset them.

kahibah / kotara is a coin toss.

Swanseafc
24-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Swansea in all seriousness were all over tenambit, think tenambit only got over half way maybe a handful of times in the 2nd half and maybe 1 shot, which wasn't on target. This coming from a Swansea player (lower grade) may sound a little biased but the goal they scored was a good shot from outside the 18, didn't really threaten other then on the odd counter attack. Also have heard whispers a few of the Swansea guys were seen in the taxi line out the front of the argyle at 3am that same morning..

Swanseafc
24-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I have been told from a neutral onlooker at Dudley/ Uni game that Uni were lucky to come away with the win?

Reds Forever
24-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Swansea in all seriousness were all over tenambit, think tenambit only got over half way maybe a handful of times in the 2nd half and maybe 1 shot, which wasn't on target. This coming from a Swansea player (lower grade) may sound a little biased but the goal they scored was a good shot from outside the 18, didn't really threaten other then on the odd counter attack. Also have heard whispers a few of the Swansea guys were seen in the taxi line out the front of the argyle at 3am that same morning..

Swansea deserved the victory but were hardly all over us. First half was Tenambits half with Swansea first goal coming from a free kick which snuck around wall and beat our defender on the goal line. We then hit the post half way through half and then bossed the half before we got back on level terms with a nice side foot shot from just outside the 18. However with break approaching one of our defenders played a ball in no mans land between our sweeper and GK. Pass went straight to striker who finished off beating GK who was retreating back after making himself available for the original pass.

Tenambit were slow coming out of the blocks at half time and let Swansea have some glimpses at goal which were not converted. We then missed a real sitter in front of goal, player 6 yard out with just keeper to beat. Put it just wide. Swansea then finished us off with 2 goals which any other day may have not gone Swansea's way. First a rebound off crossbar and second a deflected shot from outside the box that dipped over keeper.

Like I said, Swansea deserved the win as they did have that extra bit of class. But match was closely fought and by no means a cake walk like you suggested.

Swanseafc
24-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Bossed the half? Defensive error allowed your guy to shoot, which was a good one might I add, but other then that and 1 other shot, they were the only sights on goal.. 2nd half - with that much possession and field position a few are bound to go in, was only a matter of time.. Agree to disagree

Reds Forever
26-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Bossed the half? Defensive error allowed your guy to shoot, which was a good one might I add, but other then that and 1 other shot, they were the only sights on goal.. 2nd half - with that much possession and field position a few are bound to go in, was only a matter of time.. Agree to disagree

Will agree to disagree.

Like I said Swansea were deserved winners at the end of the game.

We were quite pleased of our efforts in the game and felt we really gave a good account of ourselves.

It is a shame that you as a Swansea player and supporter could not recognise this.

All the best for the remaining teams from Zone Leagues.

cobra23
26-03-2014, 04:02 PM
how many teams from northern progress through to the ffa cup from the state cup?

boz-monaut
26-03-2014, 04:34 PM
two

fresh
27-03-2014, 01:06 AM
i hope for northerns sake they put the 2 nbn sides on seperate sides of the draw in coffs.

Least have somewere near our best representation from northern that we could have.

Assuming they will send there full strength sides down there now and should go 1,2 unless the rigged draw makes them clash earlier

Happy
27-03-2014, 10:07 AM
i hope for northerns sake they put the 2 nbn sides on seperate sides of the draw in coffs.

Least have somewere near our best representation from northern that we could have.

Assuming they will send there full strength sides down there now and should go 1,2 unless the rigged draw makes them clash earlier

Wouldn't putting two NBN clubs on opposite sides of the draw make said draw "rigged"?

leftrightout
27-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Wouldn't putting two NBN clubs on opposite sides of the draw make said draw "rigged"?

The final 4 draw is the only legit one.... don't the captains draw it out of a hat at the end of the first day?

Happy
16-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Don't like the chances of us getting a kick tonight.

boz-monaut
16-04-2014, 11:36 AM
games at Barnsley have been called off

they're looking to play them next week (23rd)

gny
16-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Swansea still on?

Retro Jet
16-04-2014, 05:18 PM
games at Barnsley have been called off

they're looking to play them next week (23rd)

From NNSW

Hi all,
Please be advised tonight’s postponed State Cup fixtures have been rescheduled as follows:
Date: Wednesday 23rd April
Venue: Taylor Memorial Park, Barnsley
Times: Jesmond FC v Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZPL) – 6:30pm
Barnsley Utd v New Lambton Eagles FC – 8:00pm

Happy
16-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Kotara South 1
Kahibah 0

RANGER09
16-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Medowie v Mayfield ZPL played or washed out?

mefa1984
16-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Medowie vs Mayfield called off today.
Players have been told that the game will be played next week (23rd)

Retro Jet
17-04-2014, 01:30 AM
Kotara South 1
Kahibah 0

Did you stick around for Swansea v Uni? (assuming you were there)

dennis1
17-04-2014, 02:26 AM
swansea def uni 1-0

Retro Jet
24-04-2014, 12:20 AM
State Cup Round 3
Taylor Memorial Pk, Barnsley
6:30pm: Jesmond 2 v Cooks Hill 5

Sorry, don't know 8pm: Barnsley v New Lambton.

Reds Forever
24-04-2014, 12:23 AM
State Cup Round 3
Taylor Memorial Pk, Barnsley
6:30pm: Jesmond 2 v Cooks Hill 5

Sorry, don't know 8pm: Barnsley v New Lambton.

Heard NL won 5-2.

JCBT
24-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Heard NL won 5-2.
I heard 2 players were sent off?

howardyou
24-04-2014, 09:30 AM
I heard 2 players were sent off?

Yep one from each team. Both were rubbish. The Barnsley player should have received a yellow for a late challenge. Our red was a striker coming together with the last defender just outside the box. It was a foul, but definitely not an obvious goal scoring opportunity or serious foul play. Shouldn't have even been a card. All players on the ground were quite miffed at both red cards to be honest. But we played quite well and had the game sewn up 4-0 at half time. Barnsley to their credit never gave up and pinched a couple of late goals.

gny
24-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Medowie 1 mayfield zpl 1 medowie won on pens
Horrible game mayfield dominated field position and possession but really struggled up front.

Premy
24-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Our red was a striker coming together with the last defender just outside the box. It was a foul
I wasn't there but you said it yourself, by the letter of the law last man foul is a send off, regardless if its reckless, aggressive or a goal scoring opportunity. Tell me how the last man committing a foul is not preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

Leftback at Home
24-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Foul occurs down by the corner post & the player fouled is being passive in an attempt to waste time?

pv4
24-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I wasn't there but you said it yourself, by the letter of the law last man foul is a send off, regardless if its reckless, aggressive or a goal scoring opportunity. Tell me how the last man committing a foul is not preventing a goal scoring opportunity.

The letter of the law doesn't mention last man anywhere. Letter of the law says it is a red card if a foul is committed that prevents a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Examples of a last man challenge not preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity (and hence not deserving a red card) are things like if the strikers touch/the ball is heading in a direction not to goal (either backwards or sideways), if in the context of the play there are other defenders who would have caught up to the striker/ball before a clear goal scoring opportunity was made, etc. Mostly, a last man challenge would deserve a red card because most of the time it would have denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. But not always.

I wasn't there either, so have no idea what was deserved in the above context.

namwob99
28-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Swansea vs New Lambton
Medowie vs Cooks Hill
Kotara South vs Bye

Drunken ranger
28-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Swansea vs New Lambton
Medowie vs Cooks Hill
Kotara South vs Bye
When and where are these games played

Retro Jet
29-04-2014, 06:16 PM
State Cup: Rnd 4
Wed, 7th May

Swansea v New Lambton - 7pm @ Chapman Oval, Swansea
Medowie v Cooks Hill - 7pm @ Yulong Oval, Medowie

The General
29-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Anyone going up to Weston to watch tomorrow night?
Should be some decent games. I'm tipping Lambton over Edgy and Weston over South Cardiff.

Imyourhero
29-04-2014, 10:00 PM
With the top 20 rule in effect should see both teams with relatively strong lineups even if they play the 'weaker players'. im tipping edgy over jaffas and weston over southy

Newsfeed
29-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Weston played a physical game on a heavy track Sunday and with suspensions think Southy may prevail. Edgy and Lambton should be a decent game if both are close to full strength.

ForeverRed
29-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Top 20 rule doesn't count in state cup, Southy have Mitch wallace out suspended and Jarryd Johnson injured, weston back up again Friday night against edgeworth, line ups could be interesting

Imyourhero
30-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Oh doesn't it? Thats interesting then, think i agree with it though. Anything could happen then i guess, i'm still sticking with original tips.

Beast
30-04-2014, 10:33 PM
3 - 2 southy according to Instagram, was 1 all at half time.

Guiltykeep
30-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Edgy 2-0 over lambton pretty sure
Southy 3-2 over Weston

So i presume Southy will get the bye next round
N edgy vs magic

ForeverRed
30-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Correct

The General
01-05-2014, 01:10 AM
Good night up at Weston.

Lambton played a decent squad in their loss to Edgy. Palozzi looks extremely unfit. Lambton created lots of chances but really lacked killer punch. They were far from impressive. Edgy looked good.

Southy deserved their win against Weston. Both teams played attractive football. Both clubs far from full strength. Would be nice for the Southy coach to get one over his former boss.

Premy
01-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Correct
Will the winner of Magic and Edgy be on the opposite side of the draw of Southy in Coffs?

fresh
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Will the winner of Magic and Edgy be on the opposite side of the draw of Southy in Coffs?

doubt it. but should be ' seeded' like i tennis draw!. I am unaware of the standard up in those regions but i'd assume if nbn sides decided to play proper squads they'd be the ones representing northern nsw in ffa cup.

Ninja-ON-XTC
03-05-2014, 02:56 PM
I was surprised we went a goal up before Mayfield did but it wasn't until they scored we ended up doing the ol jose mourinho park the bus manoeuvre and went to pens.

fresh
03-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I was surprised we went a goal up before Mayfield did but it wasn't until they scored we ended up doing the ol jose mourinho park the bus manoeuvre and went to pens.

nothen wrong with that mate. if your playing a superior side. A crack at a penalty shootout is what you'd rather!

Retro Jet
07-05-2014, 09:28 PM
State Cup: Sth Pool - Zone
Yulong Oval
Medowie 0 v Cooks Hill 1

Just off the phone to a bod that was there. Medowie player hand balled to save a goal. Resulting Pen slotted.
In the last few minutes I believe?

Happy
08-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Yulong Oval
Medowie 0 v Cooks Hill 1

Just off the phone to a bod that was there. Medowie player hand balled to save a goal. Resulting Pen slotted.
In the last few minutes I believe?

Other game?

idontwannaplaywithhowey
08-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Other game?

Swansea 0-New Lambton 0. New Lambton won on pens.

front2
09-05-2014, 11:11 PM
So it is the Bye v the Eagles and Cooks Hill v Kotara. Good result :)

Happy
10-05-2014, 01:05 AM
So it is the Bye v the Eagles and Cooks Hill v Kotara. Good result :)

For the bye!!

NewyTy
21-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Magic 2-0 over Edgeworth tonight. Not too sure but most of the Edgy players looked pretty young so it might have been a few of their U/22's.

Magic dominated early and scores twice and the rest of the match was split pretty even. Edgy had a few chances whilst magic hit the post from a free kick.

Late yellow card challenge outside the box which on another day would have been a red.

Tippett had another good game whilst Piddington was captain instead of Haynes who was at the ground in a moon boot. Could be out for a while.

Anyway hope Magic can make the FFA Cup. Would love to see an A-League team play at Wanderers Oval.

Thomas477
21-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Anyway hope Magic can make the FFA Cup. Would love to see an A-League team play at Wanderers Oval.

Umm, don't the jets generally play at least one friendly there every year in preseason?

NewyTy
22-05-2014, 12:43 AM
They didn't last year but they normally do. I'd rather see someone like Brisbane, Victory or WSW.

Retro Jet
27-05-2014, 06:14 PM
State Cup: Rnd 5
Cooks Hill United FC (ZPL) v Kotara Sth SFC
6:30pm
TIMERITE Pk

The last NNSW qualification game for Coffs Harbour will be played at 6:30pm Wed night.
Match changed from 7pm KO to allow people to watch that 'other code' that has some game on afterwards. :whistling:
We'll be opening the National Pk St gates near the Croquet greens due to the small amount of parking spaces available whilst the building
and renovations are on. Please don't try to drive in from Smith St.
Come along and cheer on the Cookers, Kotara or just enjoy as a neutral. Basic canteen will be running (Beers inc)

Retro Jet
28-05-2014, 11:18 PM
TIMERITE Pk
Cooks Hill 1 Kotara Sth 0

Premy
03-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Info from NNSW about the Finals
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2014&tx_ttnews[month]=06&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3523&cHash=9345e2fc545267bcafce3d720b169eec

Retro Jet
04-06-2014, 01:36 AM
Info from NNSW about the Finals
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2014&tx_ttnews[month]=06&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3523&cHash=9345e2fc545267bcafce3d720b169eec

Try this link maybe. Yours Premy took me to an U16 Girls comp from 2012!

EDIT: Dunno why mine works and yours didn't. Same script. Go figure!
Feekin' computers....

Beast
20-06-2014, 11:10 PM
anyone know if the state cup games are being shown on Bar TV

Retro Jet
21-06-2014, 04:30 PM
anyone know if the state cup games are being shown on Bar TV
Cookers managerial texts probably as good as it gets for local football...

Inverell Joeys 2 v Cooks Hill Utd 3 (FT)

Urunga 2 v Sth Cardiff 5 (10 to go I think when I last heard that score and Urunga had just scored their 2nd)

Thomas477
21-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Any word on the Eagles?

Retro Jet
21-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Playing now I think. So are Magic.
I'll post as soon as I receive a txt.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?a=ROUND&round=1&c=1-2398-0-289805-0&pool=1004

Looks like Northern are on the ball with posting results anyhow.

Disinterested Bystander
21-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Magic up 1-0, Eagles trailing 1-0 at ht per nnswf'snnswf's twitter

Retro Jet
21-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Magic 5 v Lismore 1 and Boambee 2 v New Lambton 0
Cookers v Southie and Magic v Boambee tomorrow.

Thomas477
21-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Looking like the final will be in Newy. Any idea where it will be held at? Would be great to see it at #2.

NewyTy
21-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Would love to see a Cooks Hill v Magic final. Don't know who I'd go for. FFA Cup spots on the line tomorrow.

namwob99
21-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Magic 5 v Lismore 1 and Boambee 2 v New Lambton 0
Cookers v Southie and Magic v Boambee tomorrow.

A famous nnswf 'random draw'?

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 09:17 PM
So the 2 winners make the FFA cup? Or is it the winner of State Cup + winner of NPL league

lquiquer
21-06-2014, 09:19 PM
So the 2 winners make the FFA cup? Or is it the winner of State Cup + winner of NPL league

2 winners of tomorrow's games

ForeverRed
21-06-2014, 09:20 PM
State cup finalists go on to represent NNSW

ForeverRed
21-06-2014, 09:22 PM
A famous nnswf 'random draw'?
The 4 remaining captains did the draw, nothing wrong with that

namwob99
21-06-2014, 09:32 PM
The 4 remaining captains did the draw, nothing wrong with that

Sounds good.

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 09:33 PM
State cup finalists go on to represent NNSW

2 winners of tomorrow's games

Thanks. COYG!

Retro Jet
21-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Is Hamma up there followig the Gunners??

Premy
22-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Are the finals only 70 mins long to?

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Southy 2-0 HT

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2014, 12:16 PM
3-0 southy, 5-1 magic

Retro Jet
22-06-2014, 12:43 PM
3-1 southy, 5-1 magic

Fixed: B Priest for Cookers. Congrats to South Cardiff & Magic.

The General
22-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Congrats to both clubs, teams and coaches! Should be a cracking final!

Bremsstrahlung
22-06-2014, 04:52 PM

Was a progress.....

Thomas477
22-06-2014, 05:28 PM
So the final will be in Newy now, yeah?

fresh
22-06-2014, 05:46 PM
more nbn teams need to be allowed in the final 8 playoff's now its for something serious FFA cup.

What if magic and southy end up on same side of the draw? Then we send one team that's no were near one of the best to represent NNSW.

ForeverRed
22-06-2014, 05:49 PM
It's a cup competition, you don't need to be the best to compete

wannabe
22-06-2014, 06:05 PM
It's a cup competition, you don't need to be the best to compete
No,but now it is an Australian wide comp and the 2 finalist go into the ffa cup against A league sides,nnsw need to fix this farce of a draw that currently exists. No disrespect to southy or magic,BOTH DESERVING FINALISTS and congratulation. But with all the fulltime staff up there cant we get a proper draw in place instead of the farcical byes and questionable draws. FFA have the draw from stage 1 thru to the final and why cant we do the same. Put from new-fm down to id3 in the first stage of it until we have 7 teams left and at this stage bring the 9 nbn clubs in so you have a round of 16. Isnt this how the oldest and best cup comp in the world is run. These are contrived results,how do the 4 Newcastle reps all not draw one another at coffs on the first day?

NewyTy
22-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Article up on The Herald's website about it. Looks like the final will be played midweek with date and location TBA. Chances are it'll be at Magic Park. Should be a cracker of a game.

Itoodontwanaplaywithhowey
22-06-2014, 07:29 PM
These are contrived results,how do the 4 Newcastle reps all not draw one another at coffs on the first day?

Four teams from Newcastle make up a southern pool, each team is then drawn against one of the four teams from the northern pool.

ForeverRed
24-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Believe it or not broadmeadow are hosting the state cup on Wednesday the 9th July,

terryk
24-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Believe it or not broadmeadow are hosting the state cup on Wednesday the 9th July,

Is there something untoward in that? Your comment shows some displeasure?

The Magician
25-06-2014, 12:09 AM

Unfortunately Frank Lowy was not on hand at NNSWF headquarters to pull the names out of the top of the cup, he was busy in South America for some reason, maybe opening another shopping centre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpShl6Pk9wY&feature=youtu.be

Thomas477
25-06-2014, 12:46 AM
I'll be honest, the fact that Magic, one of the teams involved in the final is hosting isn't a good look. Can't imagine Old Trafford hosting a FA Cup final involving United. I know Wanderers is one of the best fields in Newcastle, but surely any of the other grounds could have hosted, either Edgy or Adamstown spring to mind. It does fuel theories surrounding Magic.

Edit: Upon viewing the video, I still reckon they should have looked for a neutral venue.

ForeverRed
25-06-2014, 09:08 AM
The fact that magic have been handed grand finals, jets youth/ woman games over the past years I thought NNSWF may have gave south Cardiff the opportunity to host the final, lack of opportunity is a little annoying to say the least, I'm not having a shot at magic, good luck to them but NNSWF need to have a good hard look at themselves

Local Rules
25-06-2014, 09:41 AM
With these two teams involved, you can probably take out them playing at Weston (nobody wants to travel there), you have another six grounds that could be used for this game which would make it truly neutral. I wonder if Magic are splitting the gate fees with Southy or are they taking the gate plus canteen sales. Hope Southy take home the major prize as it will be the only way they might come out of this with some coin.

Lofty
25-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge!
Seriously, will all the haters please sit down. I really don't think either Southy or Magic would have wanted to host a mid week fixture between two other clubs for a State Cup final. All clubs host a minimum of 7 games a fortnight as it is!
The draw was random, both clubs knew the process and were happy to play the final down here in Newcastle either at Magic Park or Ulinga rather than up in Coffs on Sunday afternoon!

pv4
25-06-2014, 10:15 AM
I thought NNSWF may have gave south Cardiff the opportunity to host the final

They gave them a chance to host it, to be fair.

Should be at Lakes. Best ground for viewing in the league IMO.

Lofty
25-06-2014, 10:19 AM
They gave them a chance to host it, to be fair.

Should be at Lakes. Best ground for viewing in the league IMO.

No one would go!

Lakes have the chance to provide the BEST facility in Newcastle. It's unfortunate they haven't got the people or community who are willing to roll up their sleeves, raise money and help it reach its potential.

cobra23
25-06-2014, 10:37 AM
The fact that magic have been handed grand finals, jets youth/ woman games over the past years I thought NNSWF may have gave south Cardiff the opportunity to host the final, lack of opportunity is a little annoying to say the least, I'm not having a shot at magic, good luck to them but NNSWF need to have a good hard look at themselves

please forever, just stop whinging for once in your life...

i would rather watch or play at magic park than go to southy any day of the week..
im not having a personal attack on ya, but weigh up the pros and cons on both venues.. just come to terms or reality that ulinga is not what you think it is (in your head wembley)

if i was northern you have a to lean toward the best faclity in the league, why have a ground like that available and not use it..

ForeverRed
25-06-2014, 10:44 AM
please forever, just stop whinging for once in your life...

i would rather watch or play at magic park than go to southy any day of the week..
im not having a personal attack on ya, but weigh up the pros and cons on both venues.. just come to terms or reality that ulinga is not what you think it is (in your head wembley)

if i was northern you have a to lean toward the best faclity in the league, why have a ground like that available and not use it..
Your missing my point, there's a reason magic have the facility they have, by hosting final series etc etc, not totally this way but most.

Thomas477
25-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Your missing my point, there's a reason magic have the facility they have, by hosting final series etc etc, not totally this way but most.

I'll side with FR on this one. As I've said previously, if you share the money around, the entire league will profit and all clubs can improve their grounds, not just the the good grounds getting better.

Bremsstrahlung
25-06-2014, 11:12 AM
I agree with both sides.

On one hand, Magic have the best facility in the league. I'm sure nobody would argue with that. I can see why they get the Jets Youth and W-League fixtures.
But then you have to ask why they have such good facilities? Funds, hard working committee and their reputation/ability to gain sponsors.

All clubs have a hard working committee. There's no disputing that. With adequate funds, all clubs would be able to improve their facilities. I agree it is a waste to not use the facility, but at this stage, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. Would like to see it at a neutral ground, or gate takings split in some way with the opposition teams.

terryk
25-06-2014, 11:47 AM

Maybe because they dug deep into their pockets, rolled up their sleeves, spent every spare hour at the facility, door knocked their community and businesses for support, and built the facility BEFORE they got any GFs, Jets games, Jets Youth games, W-League, or anything else. Im just thinking out aloud here but if they built a chicken shed, had no hills for viewing, open and unfenced in places, waited on council to gift you hundreds of thousands if not millions, then i wonder if they would have right to even go down this road again. Lakes had it for years and years and did nothing to improve their facility, many other teams have had GFs and blown all the money on their teams. I say thank you to magic for lifting the standard of our venues locally as it is obvious that other teams are now not as reliant on council handouts and are making the effort to improve their facilities. In any case when magic were hosting those initial GFs i remember the crowds were very poor and part of the reason we have the spectacle of great GFs is because magic have the biggest following in the league, the venue is comfortable and organised on game day, the food and drinks are reasonably priced and there is no other venue within our game that compares or comes close to this facility. Not to mention that hosting all those GFs in the early days would have returned much less that anybody here really cares to consider. On the other hand any team playing magic in semis, and other teams playing semis where they keep all the gate takings form those games, as opposed to Northern taking all GF door takings then, you would realise that a semi would be much more profitable for a club that the hard work of a catering event on GF day. So if we put everything into perspective magic may have hosted the GFs for years but they certainly didn't build their facility from the profits. So when people are quick to bag them out they should take the time to improve their own facilities instead of whining and whinging on here about how hard done by they have been and every minute spent bagging out magic they could have built a descent grandstand and not a chook shed. And lets not forget that it was a 50% chance that South Cardiff or Magic could have got the game, and that one wonders if magic would have been on here bagging out the process if it were South Cardiff's name pulled from the cup. And no there is no point giving the game to a neutral club, and why should they. I remember a Cuip Final at South Cardiff only a couple years, the one that made it to the Herald with all those ugly scenes and drunken louts, and uncontrolled players, and i can't recall anybody carrying on then that the game was held at South Cardiff.

Lofty
25-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Maybe because they dug deep into their pockets, rolled up their sleeves, spent every spare hour at the facility, door knocked their community and businesses for support, and built the facility BEFORE they got any GFs, Jets games, Jets Youth games, W-League, or anything else. Im just thinking out aloud here but if they built a chicken shed, had no hills for viewing, open and unfenced in places, waited on council to gift you hundreds of thousands if not millions, then i wonder if they would have right to even go down this road again. Lakes had it for years and years and did nothing to improve their facility, many other teams have had GFs and blown all the money on their teams. I say thank you to magic for lifting the standard of our venues locally as it is obvious that other teams are now not as reliant on council handouts and are making the effort to improve their facilities. In any case when magic were hosting those initial GFs i remember the crowds were very poor and part of the reason we have the spectacle of great GFs is because magic have the biggest following in the league, the venue is comfortable and organised on game day, the food and drinks are reasonably priced and there is no other venue within our game that compares or comes close to this facility. Not to mention that hosting all those GFs in the early days would have returned much less that anybody here really cares to consider. On the other hand any team playing magic in semis, and other teams playing semis where they keep all the gate takings form those games, as opposed to Northern taking all GF door takings then, you would realise that a semi would be much more profitable for a club that the hard work of a catering event on GF day. So if we put everything into perspective magic may have hosted the GFs for years but they certainly didn't build their facility from the profits. So when people are quick to bag them out they should take the time to improve their own facilities instead of whining and whinging on here about how hard done by they have been and every minute spent bagging out magic they could have built a descent grandstand and not a chook shed. And lets not forget that it was a 50% chance that South Cardiff or Magic could have got the game, and that one wonders if magic would have been on here bagging out the process if it were South Cardiff's name pulled from the cup. And no there is no point giving the game to a neutral club, and why should they. I remember a Cuip Final at South Cardiff only a couple years, the one that made it to the Herald with all those ugly scenes and drunken louts, and uncontrolled players, and i can't recall anybody carrying on then that the game was held at South Cardiff.

Talk about hitting the nail on head! Couldn't agree with this more!!
Some people are so moronic to think that Magic have things handed to them. It all comes down to the hard work over the years that many volunteers have put into that club to make it what is today.

cobra23
25-06-2014, 11:58 AM
all this shit would not have been a topic if southy got drawn out of the cup...
and i was going to write more but just read what terry said and he summed up a lot more....

Lofty
25-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I'll side with FR on this one. As I've said previously, if you share the money around, the entire league will profit and all clubs can improve their grounds, not just the the good grounds getting better.

You're both missing the point. Read the post below, educate yourself and quit commenting on things you obviously have no idea about.

terryk
25-06-2014, 12:12 PM

So why should the clubs working hard out there engaging with their supporters and juniors and local businesses support the laggers? This sounds like some sort of communist utopia. So magic have 300 supporters at a game, lakes have 20 and we expect that the money magic raises from their supporters should fund lakes? Are you serious? So you and i work together and you work for 10 hours, and I just can't be bothered and work for 2 hours, at what stage would it be fair for us to both get paid for 10 hours work? Two cafes side by side, cafe 1 opens at 6am and closes at 11pm, and cafe 2 from 12noon to to 2pm, cafe 1 has tasty fresh food and roasted coffee, cafe 2 frozen pies and nescafe from a tin, now do i need to go on with this anymore? Initiative and hard work should be rewarded. Too many dole bludging clubs. And the big thing is promotion and relegation, this is the system that sorts out the clubs, not to mention the supporters that you will or won't attract. Does not add up.

I agree with both sides.

On one hand, Magic have the best facility in the league. I'm sure nobody would argue with that. I can see why they get the Jets Youth and W-League fixtures.
But then you have to ask why they have such good facilities? Funds, hard working committee and their reputation/ability to gain sponsors.

All clubs have a hard working committee. There's no disputing that. With adequate funds, all clubs would be able to improve their facilities. I agree it is a waste to not use the facility, but at this stage, the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer. Would like to see it at a neutral ground, or gate takings split in some way with the opposition teams.

What makes a club rich? Is it money? OR is it had work and and a big supporter base? You see no club is rich, we have hard working clubs with committees that connect with their supporters and businesses, and we have clubs that do nothing. Sure all committees work hard but working hard for one club may be drastically different measure for another. Is working hard turning up to meetings and games, or is working hard turning up to meetings and games, and then with every minute you have off your normal job spending it at your ground building grandstands and pathways and mowing and whatever else you do.
easy
I agree for the GF the Northern gate takings should be split by supporters home club, so if your a Weston fan and Jaffas and Jets are in the GF then you should be able to nominate Weston to get your entry proceeds. Easy. That way the clubs who really support these events will get a return.

ForeverRed
25-06-2014, 12:54 PM
This person totally 100% misses my point,

howardyou
25-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Here is an easy way to solve it.

All gate takings, food and beer sales are split.
Both clubs provide people to work in canteen / BBQ / Beer tent.

No bias shown.

Lofty
25-06-2014, 01:42 PM
This person totally 100% misses my point,

What is your point? He has covered pretty much everything! What do you honestly think the reason is the Magic have successfully hosted grand finals?

cobra23
25-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Here is an easy way to solve it.

All gate takings, food and beer sales are split.
Both clubs provide people to work in canteen / BBQ / Beer tent.

No bias shown.

There is no resolving jealosy, thats all forever is against magic..
its all the same garbage from his mouth each year.

Did you know that forever played the famous ONE EYED WILLIE from the movie GOONIES

Thomas477
25-06-2014, 02:15 PM
So why should the clubs working hard out there engaging with their supporters and juniors and local businesses support the laggers? This sounds like some sort of communist utopia. So magic have 300 supporters at a game, lakes have 20 and we expect that the money magic raises from their supporters should fund lakes? Are you serious? So you and i work together and you work for 10 hours, and I just can't be bothered and work for 2 hours, at what stage would it be fair for us to both get paid for 10 hours work? Two cafes side by side, cafe 1 opens at 6am and closes at 11pm, and cafe 2 from 12noon to to 2pm, cafe 1 has tasty fresh food and roasted coffee, cafe 2 frozen pies and nescafe from a tin, now do i need to go on with this anymore? Initiative and hard work should be rewarded. Too many dole bludging clubs. And the big thing is promotion and relegation, this is the system that sorts out the clubs, not to mention the supporters that you will or won't attract. Does not add up.

Wake up, I'm not saying that gate takings from every game should be pooled together, but the grand final definitely should, and potentially all finals as well, like the FFA does with the A-League. This will remove any bitching about Edgy or Magic getting to host the GF. Would also help some clubs to improve their grounds (such as hiring FR's drainage experts). How do you know other clubs aren't trying equally as hard to improve their grounds, but the sponsors can't afford to sponsor them as much as some of the other clubs. Especially if you look at how close Olympic and Adamstown are, and a bit further apart, Magic and Jaffas as well. Assuming that everyone who isn't involved with Magic or Edgy are dole-bludgers, because their ground isn't up to their standard is frankly ridiculous. How about you name the so called "dole bludging clubs", rather than being all vague? Actually back up your comments with facts.

Howardyou makes a good point, although I would suggest that any operational costs be taken out of the earnings, and the profits then split between the two clubs.

lukee_f :lol:

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
27-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Magic rigged draw again

Thomas477
27-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Magic rigged draw again

:lulz:

ForeverRed
27-06-2014, 04:45 PM
gunners are road tripping to melbourne, woo hoo

Lofty
27-06-2014, 05:18 PM
gunners are road tripping to melbourne, woo hoo

FFA favouring Magic too FR.. Something fishy going on hey :rolleyes:

ForeverRed
27-06-2014, 06:16 PM
FFA favouring Magic too FR.. Something fishy going on hey :rolleyes:
I know, the buggers, happy for a free trip to Melbourne though.

john
29-06-2014, 07:07 AM
South Cardiff representing NNSW football, deary me...wish the NBN teams tried a bit harder in this comp...

Premy
29-06-2014, 07:24 AM
South Cardiff representing NNSW football, deary me...wish the NBN teams tried a bit harder in this comp...I wish tossers like you didn't have the platform to voice their opinions at times but that's life I guess.

ForeverRed
29-06-2014, 01:28 PM
South Cardiff representing NNSW football, deary me...wish the NBN teams tried a bit harder in this comp...

They tried hard but weren't good enough

john
30-06-2014, 08:35 AM
They tried hard but weren't good enough

I think we all know thats not the case...

immersion
30-06-2014, 10:33 AM

The problem is some clubs find it a bit of a burden to actually play in it. With majority of teams having small playing rosters in terms of quality. Fatigue and injuries are not particularly worth it.

And of course you could say they should not simply enter. But how would that look to northern if a NPL team didnt enter? NNSW wouldn't be doing them any favors.

Southy deserve to be there because they have the results in the cup to back it up. Are they the best team in NNSW well the ladder would suggest not at this stage. But look at the FA Cup wigan last year and Hull this year. Do you think the FA are saying F!@# me Hull City representing english football? C'mon.

Lofty
30-06-2014, 11:32 AM
I think now that the FFA Cup is up and running, which I think will be a success. It should be enough to make all local clubs want to get there. For some clubs, reaching the FFA Cup and winning the State Cup will be a more realistic achievement rather than winning the league.

Hotline
30-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Schedule for the FFA round 32 released. Magic are hosting the first televised game of the competition. Excellent news imo.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/ffa-releases-official-times-for-the-ffa-cup-round-of-32/story-e6frf423-1226972716069

ForeverRed
30-06-2014, 10:52 PM
There having live crosses to the gunners fixture in Melbourne also, it's a win win for novacastrian football lovers

Anonymous
01-07-2014, 11:55 AM
John, your comments above reveal quite clearly how very little you know about football. South Cardiff's qualification into the FFA Cup is well deserved.

Bremsstrahlung
01-07-2014, 01:28 PM

I was of the opinion, that since magic and southy made the final/FFA cup they deserve it? Why don't they deserve to be there? Did they not win their respective games? So other teams that rested players, played their 23s or genuinely didn't care for it deserve it more? Interesting.

boz-monaut
01-07-2014, 02:50 PM
can we use this thread for the State Cup, of which there is still the small matter of the final, and take the FFA Cup talk to that thread?

I realise the two are related but we have an opportunity to mix local discussion in with national so we should make the most of it

ZONE LEAGUE ALL STAR
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
can we use this thread for the State Cup, of which there is still the small matter of the final, and take the FFA Cup talk to that thread?

I realise the two are related but we have an opportunity to mix local discussion in with national so we should make the most of it

wait... so do we take the opportunity to mix it up or do we take it else where?

boz-monaut
01-07-2014, 06:05 PM
FFA Cup discussion in the FFA Cup thread in the Jets and A-league forum

State Cup Final discussion here

Premy
08-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Final is tomorrow night.
Wednesday 9th July 7pm K/O.

cobra23
09-07-2014, 10:11 AM
the two teams that a in the worst form of the league at the moment... this game could be the turnaround for the winner.

ForeverRed
09-07-2014, 10:14 AM
More to do with injuries and suspension then form at the gunners

Premy
09-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Are Magic going to double dip and charge everyone $10 fo 70mins of football?

ForeverRed
09-07-2014, 01:00 PM
It's 90 minutes with a maximum of $5 entry

Premy
09-07-2014, 01:21 PM
It's 90 minutes with a maximum of $5 entry
Oh nice I thought state cup games were only 35min halves, didn't realize the final was 90min.

boz-monaut
09-07-2014, 01:52 PM
live stream of the final for those of us who are too far away to make the game

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=07&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=3635&cHash=14235f2986f9f94c82e06805f084d3af

Lofty
09-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Are Magic going to provide a good facility and event worth charging $5 entry? My guess would be yes! Better than going to Cardiff..

Premy
09-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Are Magic going to provide a good facility and event worth charging $5 entry? My guess would be yes! Better than going to Cardiff..

Hit a nerve did we.

Most Club don't charge for State Cup games. It's a mid-week game on a cold winter night, the canteen and beer sale's from this game and the FFA Cup strikers game should make a fair amount, one would be happy with that a let the people in for some free football, gold coin donation at most.

ForeverRed
09-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Sounds like someone needs a chill pill and a cuddle

ForeverRed
09-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Oh nice I thought state cup games were only 35min halves, didn't realize the final was 90min.
Sorry, it is 70 minutes , my mistake

cobra23
09-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Sorry, it is 70 minutes , my mistake

simple mistake forever, i thought the same thing then realized that the ffa cup is 90 mins ( the next phase)

ForeverRed
09-07-2014, 05:08 PM
simple mistake forever, i thought the same thing then realized that the ffa cup is 90 mins ( the next phase)
apparently it changed last year, previously the final was 90 minutes

Lofty
09-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Hit a nerve did we.

Most Club don't charge for State Cup games. It's a mid-week game on a cold winter night, the canteen and beer sale's from this game and the FFA Cup strikers game should make a fair amount, one would be happy with that a let the people in for some free football, gold coin donation at most.

No nerves were hit in this episode.
I'm not a part of magic and not going to the game. However, I think if they charged $5 for entry (I'm not sure if they are?) then it would be warranted.
Enjoy the game lads

Guiltykeep
09-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Word is blackout 5 mins before kickoff?? This has to be a tactical move

Newsfeed
09-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Word is blackout 5 mins before kickoff?? This has to be a tactical move

Correct - final being played next week

Swanky
09-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Well that is our premier ground game should be moved to Ulinga if they cant afford to pay there electricity bill

Beast
09-07-2014, 08:44 PM
just play double or nothin on Saturday

SHARMENS
09-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Well that was farrkkkeddddd broadmeadow should be making next week free entry for making us wait in the cold for 40 mins before saying go home ... WHAT A JOKE MAGIC IS!!!!

ForeverRed
09-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Unfortunate incident, these things happen, on again next Wednesday

Premy
09-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Luckily it happened this week and not in 3 weeks when the nation would of been watching.

cobra23
09-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Well that was farrkkkeddddd broadmeadow should be making next week free entry for making us wait in the cold for 40 mins before saying go home ... WHAT A JOKE MAGIC IS!!!!

it was the refs that made everyone wait you knob ... and yes i think its free entry next week

mefa1984
13-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone can provide the prices for Wednesday's Final???
Keen to go and watch the game.

Cheers

ForeverRed
13-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Free

mefa1984
14-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Free

Cheers mate

The General
14-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Any tips for the final? Sounds like Sundays game was good to watch. I might tip an upset and say South Cardiff to win by penalties...

ForeverRed
14-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Why would it be an upset general, just wondering

The General
14-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Why would it be an upset general, just wondering

Fair point ForeverRed. I think it's a final, just assumed Magic to be favourites (not having a go at Southy either). Either way, should be a cracker!

ForeverRed
14-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Fair point ForeverRed. I think it's a final, just assumed Magic to be favourites (not having a go at Southy either). Either way, should be a cracker!
Fair point, if the game was anything like Sundays game the crowds in for a cracker, end to end stuff with a little biffo, my kind of football.

The General
16-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Is this being shown online tonight? My daughter is crook, not sure I will get a leave pass? Can someone post a link if it is?

RedMexican
16-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Is it still on ?. Any news on if it has been called off yet ?.

Beast
16-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Beleive Bar TV are covering it again. Hope magic aren't going to wrap up the ground in cotton wool to save it for the jets/glory match.

RedMexican
16-07-2014, 12:28 PM
You would hope that they wouldnt.

But who knows. Hopefully its on keen to see some good footy

Premy
16-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Don't worry about the Jets V Glory
Magic play Brisbane Strikers in 2 weeks, the 1st ever match of the FFA Cup to be broadcast across Australia, I wouldn't blame them if they protect the ground for such a huge occasion.

Lofty
16-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Match still on tonight - confirmed from Magic FC

RedMexican
16-07-2014, 04:56 PM

Brillant!

Thomas477
16-07-2014, 08:00 PM

Has the bill been paid for the month?

Beast
16-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Field looking very average

16-07-2014, 09:37 PM
Magic won on pens

ForeverRed
16-07-2014, 09:54 PM
well done ref, stuffed up a good game, gunners dominated with 10 men in last 20, ground was ordinary to say the least, congrats magic

seldom
16-07-2014, 10:10 PM
who got sent ?

Guiltykeep
16-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Will agree the second yellow the Matt darr was soft as.. But Southy did dominate after the send off

Bremsstrahlung
16-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Agree with above.
Southy very average in first half.
Magic looked like they were gonna run riot.

2nd half was all southy. Especially after the send off. Keeper for southy made some good saves to deny magic but it was seemingly all southy after the send off. Unlucky not to get a winner.
Soft decision to send darr off. Petits palm to the face should've been a red if darr's challenge was a yellow even.

Cruel way to finish it.
The difference proved to be in the penalties.
Magic were mostly convincing pens, forcing good saves from Stafford.
Southys pens were shaky and bowling didn't really have to do too much.

Exciting finish for the neutral.

Premy
16-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Will agree the second yellow the Matt darr was soft as.. But Southy did dominate after the send off
1st yellow was a foul, yellow card debatable, pretty soft.
2nd yellow stonewall foul on Mat before his tackle, his tackle was more then likely a yellow due to him pulling the Magic player back but it shouldn't have got to that point. If anything the Magic player should've been booked.

Premy
16-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Magic's back line was very questionable in the air, Southy looked very dangerous from set pieces and to say Magic struggled to deal with them would be a complement.

Lofty
16-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Broadmeadow Magic - State Cup champions 2014!

The General
17-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Broadmeadow Magic - State Cup champions 2014!

Congratulations to Magic! Thought it was a fantastic game! ForeverRed, your guys were fantastic in that second half with 10 men - really positive to see them continue to push for a winner even though they were a man down.