ManUTDSupporter
16-01-2014, 08:13 PM
When does the state cup start?

Zico
16-01-2014, 08:18 PM
So they are going to continue with this poor 2 sided draw crap :banghead:

ManUTDSupporter
16-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I am personally a fan Zico. The ones who come out the other side, would be the only ones who have a slight chance against the state leagurs teams etc.

oneeye
16-01-2014, 08:28 PM
When does the state cup start?
1st & 2nd march

MFKS
16-01-2014, 08:35 PM
This now tied into the alleged FFA Cup reportedly starting this winter??

pv4
16-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Why can't they go back to random draw where id teams can draw nbn teams?

Zico
17-01-2014, 09:47 AM
NNSWF have fallen for the political correct bullshit that is all to common these days. We are dealing with grown men for **** sake not children. If your side isn't good enough to make it to the next round against a side you are drawn against then you don't deserve to be there.

boz-monaut
17-01-2014, 10:40 AM
more to do with clubs using it as a pre-season thing than anything else

ideally you'd have an FA Cup style first few rounds for lower divisions, with the higher grades coming in later - that just isn't possible as zone league teams aren't sorted before the state competitions start

it's amateur football after all, so let's just have a bit of fun with a knock out tournament before jumping on our high horses

cobra23
17-01-2014, 10:46 AM
well i think this year will be a lot different to previous, teams will not be throwing games anymore as there is a a spot for the new ffa cup
up for grabs.

Zico
17-01-2014, 04:11 PM
well i think this year will be a lot different to previous, teams will not be throwing games anymore as there is a a spot for the new ffa cup
up for grabs.
I agree it's a farce. The spot in the FFA Cup thats up for grabs means that the Fed should have done a full and complete draw.

pv4
17-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Anyway there's not enough conspiracy theories shooting around because magic got a dream draw

TXK
17-01-2014, 10:05 PM
NNSWF have fallen for the political correct bullshit that is all to common these days. We are dealing with grown men for **** sake not children. If your side isn't good enough to make it to the next round against a side you are drawn against then you don't deserve to be there.

Mate couldn't agree more. When the comp started in 2010 Muswellbrook were in the old ID3. First round we drew Suns two divisions above and beat them 4-2. In the Second Round we got drawn against Weston who at the time were top of NBN and had just flogged Olympic the week before. Top of NBN vs. top of ID3, complete mismatch. We couldn't possibly be keener than we were for the match. After keeping them scoreless for. 30 mins we eventually lost 4-0 against a Weston team that fielded majority 1st Graders which surprised us, the boys got to play against quality players and to be honest it felt like a win on the night that we didn't get embarrassed. We obviously weren't good enough to beat them and never would have, but it was a great experience that the majority of the boys would never have gotten without the cup. Weston walked away with no injuries, we walked away feeling pretty good and not depressed, no hard done at all.

I guess the moral in that story is that we didn't feel cheated or hard done by drawing Weston, we embraced it and we gave them a harder run than anyone expected given our respective levels.

curious_fan
17-01-2014, 10:16 PM

The draws must be separated as Northern have a promised a guaranteed makeup of 1 team from the northern zones, one for Hunter ID Zones and two from their own competitions.

If the draws were mixed then it is unlikely they would obtain such a mix.

MFKS
17-01-2014, 11:33 PM
When he is not even seen pulling team out of the barrell but seems to be picking up sheets with club names on them it makes me think the thing is fixed

Bremsstrahlung
18-01-2014, 02:57 AM
When he is not even seen pulling team out of the barrell but seems to be picking up sheets with club names on them it makes me think the thing is fixed

This.

Why even video it this way...

goaliepersempre
18-01-2014, 04:37 AM
What a load of crap draw video... FFS

And yes this isn't a cup competition it is stupid and not what football cups are about...

Australia getting to PC farken

namwob99
21-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Anyone know when they're releasing the fixtures?

slobsy
21-01-2014, 11:37 AM
They should buy the old oz lotto machine.

sharky21
21-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Anyone know when they're releasing the fixtures?
Not sure but I do know they have been in contact with clubs to host games as tenambit will be hostin. 3 games this year in th. Opening round

ForeverRed
21-01-2014, 05:41 PM
draws out, on nnswf web site, critical of starting times, still a bit warm in March for 11 am kick off

Reds Forever
21-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Link to draws for State Cup.

http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2014&tx_ttnews[month]=01&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3135&cHash=3611034fc506c027097946c508b597b8

supa
23-01-2014, 10:39 AM
anyone keen to have a stab at picking the first round? obviously with 4 divisions in the ZL many will be just stabs in the dark (the best kind)...

Mayfield United v Westlakes - no clue really..higher division safe choice
Belmont Tingira v Uni ZL2 - on penalties?
Morriset v Nelson Bay - too much quality if they retained most of their squad

Kotara Sth v Beresfield FC - unless kotara put out the best they have to offer, it will be tight :yap:
New Lambton Eagles v Simba - simba would be difficult to play, strong coming forward, defence may let them down against quality like NL
Cooks Hill ZL3 v Barnsley - too strong
Cooks Hill ZPL v CCB - no idea again..safety first

Dudley Redhead Utd ZL3 v Medowie FC - uneducated guess?
Merewether Advance v Muswellbrook - if they travel well
Garden Suburb v Dudley Redhead SFC - good pickups for burbs from what I've heard (more than likely wrong)

Uni ZPL v RAAF - another safety pick...
Platsburgg v Swansea - plattsy were good last year, but so were swansea
Wallsend v Cardiff - another club that 'seems' to have recruited well

Dungog v Mayfield Utd JFC ZL3 - i actually have no idea...at all
Jesmond FC v Hamilton Olympic - the move to ZL1 should see them pickup a few, Olympic were blasted in Rd 1 last year
Tenambit v Stockton - too strong, sorry blacky...:arse:

Kurri Kurri v Raymond Terrace - terrace have allegedly lost a few, kurri play with a fair bit of :sparring: will be tight
Toronto Awaba JFC v Newcastle Suns - if anybody seen Rd 1 last year and how well prepared the suns were when they played Barnsley...yeah, goals...lots of goals:popcorn:
Beresfield United ZL1 v Warners Bay - gotta pick one with your heart right? wishful thinking may have also played a part... :whistling:

I'm not going to bother with the State League/ NewFM cause really I know nothing about those comps and how well prepared the sides are... like some of these predictions, they'd just be guesses! hopefully nobody is offended I didn't pick their club to win, my opinion doesn't really mean shit...haha

Good Luck EVERYBODY!!!

sharky21
20-02-2014, 09:33 AM
So with Toronto no longer playing in ZL3 are the sun's given a free pass to the next round or will the team given the bye ( can't for the life of me remember who it was) take there spot and face the sun's??

Nou Camp
20-02-2014, 09:54 AM
So with Toronto no longer playing in ZL3 are the sun's given a free pass to the next round or will the team given the bye ( can't for the life of me remember who it was) take there spot and face the sun's??

i was thinking the same thing but we havent heard anything from the feds
we are preparing the game just the same regardless

i think Kahibah was the team with the bye

pv4
20-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I spoke to 2 guys from Toronto's Over35s team "The Slugs" on the weekend and apparently they have been asked to take Toronto ID3s position in the State Cup. So Suns will be playing against the O35s team of Toronto.

sharky21
20-02-2014, 12:42 PM
I spoke to 2 guys from Toronto's Over35s team "The Slugs" on the weekend and apparently they have been asked to take Toronto ID3s position in the State Cup. So Suns will be playing against the O35s team of Toronto.
If that is the case that is just down right ridiculous. Why do that when there is a team not playing due to a bye. If it has something to do with numbers then either send sun's thru or luck of the draw in round two who gets the bye.

wannabe
20-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Tips
Magic 6-2 Thornton
Weston 3-2 Adamstown
Olympic 5-0 Singleton
Lamb ton 4-1 Belswans
Southy 1-2 Maitland
Azzurri 3-1 Lakes
Cessnock 0-2 Toronto
Edgy 6-1 Westy

Imyourhero
20-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Tips
Magic 6-2 Thornton
Weston 3-2 Adamstown
Olympic 5-0 Singleton
Lamb ton 4-1 Belswans
Southy 1-2 Maitland
Azzurri 3-1 Lakes
Cessnock 0-2 Toronto
Edgy 6-1 Westy

Tipping scores is hard however id say i agree with all the winners you've tipped.

The General
20-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Tips
Magic 6-2 Thornton
Weston 3-2 Adamstown
Olympic 5-0 Singleton
Lamb ton 4-1 Belswans
Southy 1-2 Maitland
Azzurri 3-1 Lakes
Cessnock 0-2 Toronto
Edgy 6-1 Westy

I agree...the tips will be close. I think Magic and Olympic will go close to reaching double digits if they play anywhere near their full strength sides in their favourable draws. Edgy could rack up a score against Westy if they have enough players to play. Has anyone heard where Westy are at? I heard they are in huge crisis with Greg Smith leaving? I also believe Maitland will be too strong for Southy as will Azzuri be for Lakes. Looking forward to watching some competitive matches.

wannabe
20-02-2014, 08:34 PM
I agree...the tips will be close. I think Magic and Olympic will go close to reaching double digits if they play anywhere near their full strength sides in their favourable draws. Edgy could rack up a score against Westy if they have enough players to play. Has anyone heard where Westy are at? I heard they are in huge crisis with Greg Smith leaving? I also believe Maitland will be too strong for Southy as will Azzuri be for Lakes. Looking forward to watching some competitive matches.
Maybe if Greg Smith retained players that were at the club or actively recruited players to the club they wouldn't be in this situation and now he is leaving. Laughable, isn't a key part of a coaches job the retention and recruitment of players ? Other peoples thoughts

GazFish35
20-02-2014, 08:38 PM

I couldn't help but think the same thing.
Was stupid to not show the "hat" that they were being "drawn" from. Only opens them up to accusations of doing the dodgy.

wannabe
20-02-2014, 08:41 PM
I couldn't help but think the same thing.
Was stupid to not show the "hat" that they were being "drawn" from. Only opens them up to accusations of doing the dodgy.
Biggest rort of a draw I have ever witnessed,it looks like the team names are face up on a table and he actually looks sometimes to be scanning the names to decide who to pick out to play the first team chosen in a match. Very poor

Dolphin Messenger
20-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Biggest rort of a draw I have ever witnessed,it looks like the team names are face up on a table and he actually looks sometimes to be scanning the names to decide who to pick out to play the first team chosen in a match. Very poor

Nelson Bay vs Morisset same as the round 1 draw as last year. what are the chances of drawing the same teams for round 1 out 2 years in a row? in the inter district pool group (34 teams)

RANGER09
20-02-2014, 09:46 PM
i was thinking the same thing but we havent heard anything from the feds
we are preparing the game just the same regardless

i think Kahibah was the team with the bye

Would be good game to watch if fed matches them up Suns vs Kahibah, would rather watch that than an over 35 team

GazFish35
20-02-2014, 09:46 PM
1 in 34

pv4
20-02-2014, 09:53 PM
1 in 34

It may be late and I may be tired but I am under the impression getting the same draw 2 years in a row is more along the lines of 1/(34*34)

GazFish35
20-02-2014, 10:49 PM
If you nominate the team before the first draw, yes. As it's that 1 team from 34 the first time and again the second time

If you're simply looking at the odds if getting the same team as last year, it's only 1/34 as it doesn't matter who you had last year so long as you got them this year. 34/34*1/34

Though if there's 34 teams in the pool, you can't get drawn against you're sled, so it's actually 1/33

The odds of Rolling 2 sixes in a row, is not the same as rolling any number, and then rolling that same number again.

Dolphin Messenger
21-02-2014, 01:00 AM
ok professors thanks for the maths lesson. This is pointing out the process of how the draw is conducted and asking questions if drawn out of a hat how the individual has pulled out a 3% outcome? by the look at the draw the hat has been fixed and i am calling Shenanigans. A solution to clear how random the draw actually is have a better view of how the draw is conducted when filming for the next round

Jardelsimage
21-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Nelson Bay vs Morisset same as the round 1 draw as last year. what are the chances of drawing the same teams for round 1 out 2 years in a row? in the inter district pool group (34 teams)

Wallsend v Cardiff same as last years 1st round, hat drawn my arse :wtf:

Zico
21-02-2014, 09:14 AM
The entire cup is a joke the way NNSWF run it.

The Magician
21-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Co-incidences occur in life... We all should be happy we have the opportunity to participate in this event. When coincidences occur in the champions league or UEFA cup teams just get on with it, and anyways what does it say for the organisation of our clubs and competitions when teams are still being promoted and relegated leading up to the start of the season, and we are worried about coincidences in state cup draws.

I'm sure the ICAC or CAS (Court for Arbitration of Sport) would like to hear our grievances on this matter.

Dolphin Messenger
21-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes you would say that magician because your team didn't get drawn against a heavyweight in the 1st round. Why try to act like the draw is random and picked out of a hat when it is clearly not. They are better off pointing to a white board and selecting the teams for round 2 to show how the draw is being conducted

NewFM 2014
21-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Hard to go with tips as bit early but just for fun here goes:

Magic 12-0 Thornton
Weston 2-2 Adamstown - Weston win on penalties
Olympic 7-0 Singleton
Lamb ton 6-1 Belswans
Southy 3-3 Maitland - Southy win on penalties
Azzurri 4-3 Lakes
Cessnock 3-1 Toronto
Edgy 8-0 Westy

Did Valo get the lucky draw and into next round ?

supa
21-02-2014, 01:46 PM

Magic 12-0 Thornton
Olympic 7-0 Singleton
Lamb ton 6-1 Belswans
Azzurri 4-3 Lakes
Cessnock 3-1 Toronto
Edgy 8-0 Westy

thats being generous to singo mate..:arse:

NewFM 2014
21-02-2014, 01:50 PM
thats being generous to singo mate..:arse:

Really !! You think Hamilton 22s would beat singo by more than 7 ? Wow

supa
21-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Really !! You think Hamilton 22s would beat singo by more than 7 ? Wow
is it a 22's cup now?

NewFM 2014
21-02-2014, 02:09 PM
is it a 22's cup now?

Its the State Cup there are no age restrictions in it so it can be what ever age you want it to be I believe.

supa
21-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Its the State Cup there are no age restrictions in it so it can be what ever age you want it to be I believe.
why hamilton 22's then?? nothing personally against singleton i just feel they struggle to be competitive against teams in their own division let alone NBN.. I'll be surprised if the scoreline isn't a blow out

Imyourhero
21-02-2014, 03:02 PM
He's trying to say that Hamilton will play a team with a few 22s considering its only singo.

plague
21-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Though if there's 34 teams in the pool, you can't get drawn against you're sled, so it's actually 1/33

The odds of Rolling 2 sixes in a row, is not the same as rolling any number, and then rolling that same number again.

both scenarios are actually 50:50. there are only 2 outcomes, yes or no.

supa
21-02-2014, 04:26 PM
He's trying to say that Hamilton will play a team with a few 22s considering its only singo.
I see that.. good luck to singleton either way

sancho_theswan
21-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I'm as concerned with the whole structure of the "CUP" competition as with any aspect of a "false" draw conspiracy!
My thoughts:
the number of teams going thru to the finals series, considering quality and numbers participating????
maybe should be:
Northern Group - 3 teams.
NPL/NEWFM - 3 teams.
I/D Group - 2 teams.

OR

If those I/D guys are willing to put their teams where there mouths are then….
make the whole "southern competition" compulsory entry with registration and have a "proper" knockout draw with:
Northern Group - 2 teams.
Southern Group - 6 teams.

Thoughts????…. let 'em roll!

Premy
21-02-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm as concerned with the whole structure of the "CUP" competition as with any aspect of a "false" draw conspiracy!
My thoughts:
the number of teams going thru to the finals series, considering quality and numbers participating????
maybe should be:
Northern Group - 3 teams.
NPL/NEWFM - 3 teams.
I/D Group - 2 teams.

OR

If those I/D guys are willing to put their teams where there mouths are then….
make the whole "southern competition" compulsory entry with registration and have a "proper" knockout draw with:
Northern Group - 2 teams.
Southern Group - 6 teams.

Thoughts????…. let 'em roll!

Think you'll find Sancho that most ZL sides want a open Cup with the NPL sides to be seeded and come in at a later round.

sancho_theswan
21-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Think you'll find Sancho that most ZL sides want a open Cup with the NPL sides to be seeded and come in at a later round.

I think you'll find "premy" that the reason the original concept for the southern pool was changed in the first place was because of limited entries by "ZL" clubs. Make it compulsory for all clubs and revert to the original "knockout" competition with the "finals" weekend reflective of the quality and numbers of teams from each pool!

Swanky
21-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I personally think that all of NNSW should be in the same hat and names drawn out. If round can be broken into north and south then round 2 all thrown in together and if you draw ballina in ballina so be it nice pre season trip. Round 1-3 to be played in March .
1st WE MARCH Round 1 ZL 39 teams North 22 teams separated
2nd WE MARCH Round 2 ZL 20 teams and North 11 and NewFM 10 teams (31 Total 22 progress so really only 9 games get drawn and other 13 teams receive a bye) This allows the last 32 to be a full knockout
4th WE MARCH Round 3 NPL 10 + 22 from Round 2 (ZL, North, NEWFM)
Round 4 last 16 Easter
Round 5 Quarter Finals Easter
Round 6 Semi Finals State Cup Weekend
Round 7 Final TBA

Zico
21-02-2014, 07:32 PM

Magic 12-0 Thornton
Olympic 7-0 Singleton
Lamb ton 6-1 Belswans
Azzurri 4-3 Lakes
Cessnock 3-1 Toronto
Edgy 8-0 Westy

Weston have lost every penalty shoot since the days against Adamstown in the hard fought Grand Finals from the 80's and early 90's so you may be onto something. From what I've heard about Singleton it will be double figures. Thats if they can get enough players to fill a side.

Premy
21-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I personally think that all of NNSW should be in the same hat and names drawn out. If round can be broken into north and south then round 2 all thrown in together and if you draw ballina in ballina so be it nice pre season trip. Round 1-3 to be played in March .
1st WE MARCH Round 1 ZL 39 teams North 22 teams separated
2nd WE MARCH Round 2 ZL 20 teams and North 11 and NewFM 10 teams (31 Total 22 progress so really only 9 games get drawn and other 13 teams receive a bye) This allows the last 32 to be a full knockout
4th WE MARCH Round 3 NPL 10 + 22 from Round 2 (ZL, North, NEWFM)
Round 4 last 16 Easter
Round 5 Quarter Finals Easter
Round 6 Semi Finals State Cup Weekend
Round 7 Final TBA

Send it to Northern Swanky I would love that format.

Premy
21-02-2014, 08:07 PM
I think you'll find "premy" that the reason the original concept for the southern pool was changed in the first place was because of limited entries by "ZL" clubs. Make it compulsory for all clubs and revert to the original "knockout" competition with the "finals" weekend reflective of the quality and numbers of teams from each pool!

Fair point...Maybe its just the people I converse with that feel that way, personally I would like it to be NPL clubs seeded much like what Swanky suggested above.

Jardelsimage
22-02-2014, 07:46 PM

it is compulsory for all ZL teams to enter isn't it?
swankys draw is just about spot on, don't send it to northern thou someone might steal it

Zeus
24-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Should be exactly the same as the FA cup.
I mean whats the point in the current structure?
Having an NBN league team and possibly a Zone league 2 team in the semi finals.
I would rather see big scores in the early rounds and close finals, rather than close games in the early rounds and big scores in the finals.
Doesn't make sense to me?

newyjet
25-02-2014, 10:41 PM
my predictions

MAYFIELD (ZPL) v Wlakes
Dudley (ZL3) v MEDOWIE
KOTARA v Bero (ZL3)
MEREWETHER v Muswellbrook
Belmont v UNI (ZL2)
NEW LAMBTON v simba
Morisset v N BAY
Gardo v DUDLEY (ZPL)
Cooks Hill (ZL3) v BARSNLEY
COOKS HILL (ZPL) vCharle
DUNGOG v Mayfield (ZL3)
Plattsy v SWANSEA
JESMOND v Hamo Oly
Tenambit v STOCKTON
WALLSEND v Cardiff
UNI (ZPL) v Raaf

RANGER09
25-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Bero Zl1 v Warner's bay ZPL - Bay
Suns v Toronto ZL3 - Suns
Kurri v Terrace. - Terrace

fresh
25-02-2014, 11:02 PM
MAYFIELD (ZPL) v Wlakes Mayfield
Dudley (ZL3) v MEDOWIE dudley
KOTARA v Bero (ZL3) kotara
MEREWETHER v Muswellbrook muswellbrook
Belmont v UNI (ZL2) belmont
NEW LAMBTON v simba new lambton
Morisset v N BAY n bay
Gardo v DUDLEY (ZPL) dudley
Cooks Hill (ZL3) v BARSNLEY barnsley
COOKS HILL (ZPL) vCharle cooks
DUNGOG v Mayfield (ZL3) mayfield
Plattsy v SWANSEA swansea
JESMOND v Hamo Oly jesmond
Tenambit v STOCKTON stockton
WALLSEND v Cardiff walsend
UNI (ZPL) v Raaf uni

fresh
25-02-2014, 11:05 PM
same as ranger for the last 3 also

The Postman
25-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Rockwell Automation Park (Bear Park)
Sunday 2nd March
11.00 - Broadmeadow v Thornton
12.30 - Lambton v Belmont
2.00 - Hamilton v Singleton
3.30 - Weston v Adamstown

Lisle Carr Oval
Sunday 2nd March
12.30 - South Cardiff v Maitland
2.00 - Cessnock v Toronto
3.30 - Charlestown v Lake Macquarie

Zeus
26-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Sunday 2nd March

Lisle Carr Oval
Sunday 2nd March

HAHA Go the Mighty Belswans!!

Zeus
26-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Do you get extra points for a clean sweep?

Sunday 2nd March

Lisle Carr Oval
Sunday 2nd March

The Postman
26-02-2014, 03:50 PM
HAHA Go the Mighty Belswans!!

Surely have to be at least 1 upset in the early rounds, very unlikely later on.

NewFM 2014
26-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Surely have to be at least 1 upset in the early rounds, very unlikely later on.

Would Maitland beating Southy not be classed as an upset ? Granted i am the only one that has so far went for Southy by the looks of things but from what Zeus said on an other thread Jaffas won convincingly at Maitland last night and people saying Southy looking quite good ?

I also think Cessnock will beat Toronto.

Nelson Bay Road
26-02-2014, 04:06 PM
is everyone who is playing saturday having depleted squads due to cricket??
I would think we wouldnt be the only club in that boat??

RANGER09
26-02-2014, 07:31 PM
is everyone who is playing saturday having depleted squads due to cricket??
I would think we wouldnt be the only club in that boat??

Shame it's not on Sunday with our game

ManUTDSupporter
26-02-2014, 08:05 PM
MAYFIELD (ZPL) v Wlakes
Dudley (ZL3) v MEDOWIE
Kotara v BERO (ZL2)
Merewether v MUSWELLBROOK
BELMONT v Uni (ZL2)
NEW LAMBTON v simba
Morisset v N BAY
GARDO v Dudley (ZPL)
Cooks Hill (ZL3) v BARSNLEY
COOKS HILL (ZPL) v Charlie
Dungog v MAYFIELD (ZL3)
Plattsy v SWANSEA
TENAMBIT v Stockton
WALLSEND v Cardiff
UNI (ZPL) v Raaf
Bero (ZL1) v WARNERS BAY
SUNS v Toronto (ZL3)
TERRACE v Kurri

The Postman
27-02-2014, 12:56 AM
Would Maitland beating Southy not be classed as an upset ? Granted i am the only one that has so far went for Southy by the looks of things but from what Zeus said on an other thread Jaffas won convincingly at Maitland last night and people saying Southy looking quite good ?

I also think Cessnock will beat Toronto.

Perhaps could change my tip with Southy beating Toronto 5-0 last night, although I've heard about the Lambton all stars, Wheelhouse, McPherson, Remo, Fajs, couple of guys from Sydney at the back, lots of quality across the park, so beating Maitland isn't that much of a surprise. Which leads me back to the Southy/Maitland game, a team that will probably be mid-table NBN vs a team that could right along side them next year, will take the so called outsiders Maitland.

I think all the games at Lisle Carr will be close, really could go either way on all 3 games.

leftrightout
27-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Hamilton v Singleton

This one has the potential to be mighty embarassing! Ill call it and say Hamilton will hit double figures... which is very impressive/embarassing considering state cup is only 35 min halves (is that right?)

sharky21
27-02-2014, 09:43 AM
MAYFIELD Vs Wlakes
Dudley Vs MEDOWIE
KOTARA vs Bero (Zl2)
Merewether Vs MBROOK
BELMONT Vs Uni (Zl2)
NEW LAMBTON Vs Simba
MORISSET Vs Nbay
GARDEN Vs Dudley (ZPL) (on pens)
Cooks Hill (ZL3) Vs BARNSLEY
COOKS HILL (ZPL) Vs Charlestown
Dungog Vs MAYFIELD (ZL3)
Plattys Vs SWANSEA
TENAMBIT Vs Stockton
WALLSEND Vs Cardiff
UNI (ZPL) Vs Raaf
Bero (Zl1) Vs WBAY ( on pens)
SUN'S Vs Toronto (apparently over 35's or bye either way they.will progess)
TERRACE Vs Kurri

ForeverRed
27-02-2014, 10:24 AM
I know suburbs will be missing a few this weekend

Bon
27-02-2014, 10:31 AM

We will??

RANGER09
27-02-2014, 10:34 AM
We will??

Be aware of ring ins at training tonight Bon :)

Bon
27-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Be aware of ring ins at training tonight Bon :)

You coming up for a kick, mate? :pissup:

RANGER09
27-02-2014, 10:58 AM
You coming up for a kick, mate? :pissup:

Not tonight :) we have trial game oragnised at home. you still having a run again this year?

Bon
27-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Not tonight :) we have trial game oragnised at home. you still having a run again this year?

Oh nice, who is that against?
Of course I'm still having a run (although trying to keep the "run" part of the game to a minimum.. haha)..

Nave
27-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Shame it's not on Sunday with our game

Had they played games on sunday, more ovals would have been available as well with no cricket on them

RANGER09
27-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Oh nice, who is that against?
Of course I'm still having a run (although trying to keep the "run" part of the game to a minimum.. haha)..

Our reserves are playing Bero ZL2 ressies. Save those runs for those corner balls :)

Guiltykeep
27-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Who will be missing??
The squad looks pretty strong for this game

ForeverRed
28-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Can't see to many games going ahead with all this rain

Fridge
28-02-2014, 10:07 AM
State Cup games at Suburbs are off tomoz.

roundballsarebetter
28-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Is there a backup weekend for the 1st round??

leftrightout
28-02-2014, 10:12 AM

Will Cooks hill games will be on? Surely athletics park would be hard to wash out?

Thomas477
28-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Whitebridge has been canned too according to NNSWF Facebook page.

Fridge
28-02-2014, 11:20 AM

I would probably say mid week games.

Nou Camp
28-02-2014, 11:35 AM
who wouldve thought it would rain on show weekend....

Swanky
28-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Interesting to see NPL ground Lisle Carr Oval called of Friday Morning for Sunday game hope the sun don't come out this afternoon and all day tomorrow

RANGER09
28-02-2014, 01:50 PM

cant see any reason why next weekend 8th & 9th March couldnt be utilised, rd2 15th & 16th March & 3 22nd & 23rd would not be put out then. might affect a few trial games tho.

ForeverRed
28-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Interesting to see NPL ground Lisle Carr Oval called of Friday Morning for Sunday game hope the sun don't come out this afternoon and all day tomorrow
I find this surprising, lots of clubs put their hand up to host matches, now they call it off 48 hours before hand

Zico
28-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I find this surprising, lots of clubs put their hand up to host matches, now they call it off 48 hours before hand
Show them how to fix their drainage ForeverRed :roflz:

q-money
28-02-2014, 02:45 PM
:rof:

prawnhead
28-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Show them how to fix their drainage ForeverRed :roflz:

Not enough chickens...just jokes FR :tongue:

ForeverRed
28-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Not enough chickens...just jokes FR :tongue:
????

Nelson Bay Road
28-02-2014, 03:05 PM
we have just been notified that west wallsend is off...

games would be on if we were playing at the bay... field is fine considering the rain

NewFM 2014
01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
So any games going to beat the weather this weekend ?

namwob99
01-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Any news on Athletics Field boz?

namwob99
01-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Any news on Athletics Field boz?
Never mind, just got a phone call saying they're definitely on.

Imyourhero
01-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Games at weston still on @ this stage

Retro Jet
01-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Just home from work.

Games still on although 3pm: Cookers ZL3 v Barnsley postponed.
NNSW contacted Charlestown ZL2 to change Cookers ZPL v C'town ZL2 @ 4:30pm forward to the 3pm time slot.

Just off the phone to a bod at the gnd: Kotara up 1 or 2 v Beresfield.
New Lambton v Simba 1:30pm
C/Hill ZPL v C'town ZL2 3pm.

Hot food and drinks available...no alcohol until 22/3/14
Me's leaving for Athfield now....

Happy
01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Kotara 2 v 1 Bero ZL2
I think Bero will do well in league 2.

ManUTDSupporter
01-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Results?

Retro Jet
01-03-2014, 06:58 PM
State Cup: Round 1
Athfield

12pm Kotarta Sth 2 def Beresfield (ZL3) 1
1:30pm New Lambton Eagles FC 7 def Hunter Simba FC 0
3pm Cooks Hill United ZL3 v Barnsley: Postponed
4pm Cooks Hill United ZPL 0 (5) def Charlestown City Blues FC 0 (3)

Jardelsimage
01-03-2014, 07:16 PM
why was the 3pm game postponed????

ForeverRed
01-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Big result for Charlestown , so much for ZPL sides being better then newfm teams

namwob99
01-03-2014, 08:22 PM
State Cup: Round 1
Athfield

12pm Kotarta Sth 2 def Beresfield (ZL3) 1
1:30pm New Lambton Eagles FC 7 def Hunter Simba FC 0
3pm Cooks Hill United ZL3 v Barnsley: Postponed
4pm Cooks Hill United ZPL 0 (5) def Charlestown City Blues FC 0 (3)
Massive kudos to the ground there. Wow!! Could barely tell there was any rain around.

We (Beresfield) aren't too disappointed with our result, I hate losing but we thought we held our own and conceded 2 goals that IMO thought we shouldn't have. Dissapointing but that's how it goes.

New Lambton looked pretty impressive against Simba. Charlestown looked good. Set up well and were really competitive. Also had their fair share of chances. Was that Cooks Hill at full strength?

Good day!!

Bon
01-03-2014, 10:43 PM
I heard that the refereeing in the Kotara Vs Bero game was abominable..

Retro Jet
02-03-2014, 01:22 AM
I heard that the refereeing in the Kotara Vs Bero game was abominable..

I see what you did there :lol:

ManUTDSupporter
02-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Tenambit is on today I am told

Elude
02-03-2014, 08:18 AM
All games at Weston Postponed today.

Jardelsimage
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
I completely disagree.

Simba dominated the first half and conceded an unlucky goal from a silly defensive mistake.

The 2nd half however.... The players decided to utterly ignore the sound tactical advice I gave them, refuse to listen to logic and reason, and they thought they could organise themselves better. They were tactically foolish, (they are tactically oblivious) and eventually panicked and fell apart. Typical...

New Lambton didn't play well for a premier league team.... Their first half was pathetic. Their second half was slightly better but Simba played EXTREMELY terrible the second half, hence why they conceded 6 goals. I mean, when you are meant to defend WHY THE **** is there 4 or 5 of our players IN AN OFFSIDE POSITION....

I do have to comment that lambton's striker has a good shot on him.

Is there any clubs looking for a manager for zone league?

that's the best match report i have ever seen.....Eagles how can you play so bad and only win by 6?????

maybe you need to tell them that in private, instead of blasting them on a public forum, super coach

supa
02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
that's the best match report i have ever seen.....Eagles how can you play so bad and only win by 6?????

maybe you need to tell them that instead of blasting them on a public forum, super coach
it was 7.. they played terrible and only scored 7 :wink:

supa
02-03-2014, 08:32 AM
kurri v terrace
toronto v suns
bero v warners bay

at bero today have all been potsponed.

sharky21
02-03-2014, 08:50 AM
All games at Beryl Humble (Tenambit) are ON!!

roundballsarebetter
02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
All games at Beryl Humble (Tenambit) are ON!!

Pretty bad that Pasadena gets called of and even beryl humble goes ahead

sancho_theswan
02-03-2014, 09:48 AM
I completely disagree.

Is there any clubs looking for a manager for zone league?

Hmmm…. Westy??????? Na!

sancho_theswan
02-03-2014, 09:52 AM
I've been on the Northern website. Staring at the comment "watch this space" for postponed fixtures……..
do I assume that all games at Weston are STILL ON??????

Drunken ranger
02-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Who's playing today at beryl humble

ManUTDSupporter
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Dungog v Mayfield (ZL3)
Jesmond v Hamo
Tenambit v Stockton

Swanky
02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
I've been on the Northern website. Staring at the comment "watch this space" for postponed fixtures……..
do I assume that all games at Weston are STILL ON??????

Weston is OFF

supa
02-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Pretty bad that Pasadena gets called of and even beryl humble goes ahead
beryl has drainage.. pasadena does not.. makes sense really

ManUTDSupporter
02-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Just watched Dungog v Mayfield
2-2
(8-7)approx on dotties to Dungog

ManUTDSupporter
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Jesmond 1 - 1 Olympic (Jeso on dotties)
Tenambit 2 - 0 Stockton

Ninja
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Rant

I don't think there is a player in any of the leagues that would respect the judgement of a coach that is likely to blow up about them like this.

I don't think another club will have you after that.

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
02-03-2014, 06:38 PM
First of all a big thanks to Tenambit who do know how to host a day. Everything (that was in their control) ran smoothly and was done professionally. They seem to have helpers everywhere. Pitch looking the goods too. Hopefully they can get their football sorted after a couple of relegations. Good luck lads!
Jeso v Olympic was a win for us on penalties. Well done to our keeper.
No score at the break in bit of a dire first half. We cleared one off the line to deny Olympic and we missed the target on a runaway which were the halves 2 best chances.
Olympic scored pretty early in second half after taking advantage of a mistake and slotting whilst 1 on 1 with our keeper. From there on we never looked like conceding again and scored from a free kick, hit the crossbar and started to play some better football. We were further helped when a young bloke that had a pretty tough day ended up getting injured and they finished with 10. Hope he's ok.
Pretty good effort with only 3 starters today from last years semi final. Still trying to gel and there were some good signs. Looking forward to round 2.

roundballsarebetter
02-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Jesmond 1 - 1 Olympic (Jeso on dotties)
Tenambit 2 - 0 Stockton

Good result for tenambit, hopefully the start of good things for them

controlzone
02-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Anyone got a match report from the shark derby?

ManUTDSupporter
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
The boys played well. My first year at Tenambit and today's game was very enjoyable.
We never let Stockton create decent chances and play the Stockton style from last year. Held our structure well.
Some fiery challenges but nothing too serious, except for one when Tenambit were up 1-0 midway through the second half. Studs in and it seen a straight red given to the Stockton guy.
I believe the stockton keeper got a second yellow after the final whistle for mouthing off too.

Drunken ranger
02-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Lol I wonder if either where Buddha or a person of interest

Buddha
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
The red card was me and honestly thought it was a yellow and A lot of players including the tenambit players thought it was very harsh, no malice in it whatsoever just mistimed.

ManUTDSupporter
02-03-2014, 09:07 PM
haha seen plenty of them challenges with the same colour card, also seen some given yellow.
either way no one could blame the ref for the red, as I could go either way depending on the ref. Studs in never end well

Reds Forever
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
The red card was me and honestly thought it was a yellow and A lot of players including the tenambit players thought it was very harsh, no malice in it whatsoever just mistimed.

Being a Tenambit player. I thought red card to you was harsh. Hopefully you don't miss too many games due to it.

All the best for all teams in round 2.

Wilso8948
03-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Was a yellow at best. Was 50/50 ball and clash of feet. There was contact but was his first foul of the game. Poor decision but tenambit already had us frustrated. Too many sloppy turn overs from us and didn't create much in the final third. There was really no open play scoring opportunities the whole match from either side. Goals came from well taken set pieces. Pitch was in great condition considering the rain

pudy
03-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Any word when replays will be?

sharky21
03-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Would like.to thank the Stocko boys on a great game yesterday. Was really hard fought and I don't think anything really got out of hand. Won't make comment on the red card as being the goal keeper I was more the half the field length away. I agree with you Wilso there wasn't to many clear cut chances during the game but I still never could relax during the whole game.
You Stocko boys knock the ball around well and had us moving all over the park. Which makes me even more prouder of they way my.lads held there structure to deny you clear chances. In the previous two years we would have crumbled. Good luck in ZL2 this year you should do well.

Newsfeed
04-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Weston 2 Adamstown 0

Moley
05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Did anyone else watch the Weston vs Buds game last night?
Buds had a player harshly sent off but even before this they were very poor.
I can see it being a long season for them, they had a much better team last season.

ForeverRed
05-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Tuesday march 11
6.30, south Cardiff v maitland
8pm olympic v singleton
@ Ulinga

The Manager
06-03-2014, 03:09 PM
Tuesday march 11
6.30, south Cardiff v maitland
8pm olympic v singleton
@ Ulinga

Had a look at Ulinga this morning. The drainage must be working exceptionally well, the pitch looks as good as I have seen it for some time. There was not a chicken in sight.

The Magician
06-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Magic Vs Thornton 9-1 to the Magic...

Thornton reduced to 10 men after an excellent save off the line... only problem was the defensive midfielder making the diving save...

MFKS
06-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Had a look at Ulinga this morning. The drainage must be working exceptionally well, the pitch looks as good as I have seen it for some time. There was not a chicken in sight.

:roflz:

sharky21
07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
So at what stage do all the teams get put into the same draw??

leftrightout
07-03-2014, 12:01 PM
olympic vs singo score?

cobra23
07-03-2014, 12:03 PM

They dont,

2 from NPL/NEWFM pool and 2 from the rest go to coffs.
to compete against 4 from northern pool teams..

leftrightout
07-03-2014, 12:05 PM
olympic vs singo score?

Just realised they havent played yet... my bad!

ForeverRed
07-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Quarter final time

sharky21
07-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Well that's good to know. Don't think il need to worry bout them then just stick to seeing which ZPL team we draw in round 2.

ForeverRed
07-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Azzurri 4 lakes 1 played last night

NewFM 2014
07-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know if second round been drawn yet or when it will be drawn ?

Any state cup games this weekend to go see ?

Zeus
07-03-2014, 02:36 PM

I don't think the 2nd round will be draw until the first round fixtures are played.

sharky21
07-03-2014, 02:37 PM

I would assume it will be done straight after the final make up games which will be played on the 16th I believe.

NewFM 2014
07-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Sharky are you sure ? the 15th and 16th is meant to be the days the next round is played I think ?

RANGER09
07-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Sharky are you sure ? the 15th and 16th is meant to be the days the next round is played I think ?

They must be resheduling rd's 2&3 as we (Terrace) play rd 1 washout on 16th at Pasedena

boz-monaut
07-03-2014, 05:02 PM
the rescheduling email just came through:

16/03/2014 Cooks Hill Utd FC (ZL3) v Barnsley Utd Auston Oval (Dora Street, Morisset) 11:00am
16/03/2014 Mayfield Utd SFC (ZPL) v Westlakes Wildcats FC Auston Oval (Dora Street, Morisset) 12:30pm
16/03/2014 Belmont Tingira FC v University Mens FC (ZL2) Auston Oval (Dora Street, Morisset) 2:00pm
16/03/2014 Morisset Utd FC v Nelson Bay FC Auston Oval (Dora Street, Morisset) 3:30pm
16/03/2014 Dudley Redhead Utd (ZL3) v Medowie FC Lydon Oval (Ocean Street, Dudley) 11:30am
16/03/2014 Merewether Advance SFC v Muswellbrook FC Lydon Oval (Ocean Street, Dudley) 1:00pm
16/03/2014 Garden Suburb FC v Dudley Redhead SFC (ZPL) Lydon Oval (Ocean Street, Dudley) 2:30pm
16/03/2014 University Mens FC (ZPL) v RAAF Williamtown The Gardens (Sandgate Road, Birmingham Gardens) 11:30am
16/03/2014 Plattsburg Maryland FC v Swansea FC The Gardens (Sandgate Road, Birmingham Gardens) 1:00pm
16/03/2014 Wallsend FC v Cardiff City FC The Gardens (Sandgate Road, Birmingham Gardens) 2:30pm
16/03/2014 Kurri Kurri SC v Raymond Terrace SC Pasadena Oval (Pasadena Crescent, Beresfield) 11:30am
16/03/2014 Toronto Awaba JSC v Newcastle Suns FC Pasadena Oval (Pasadena Crescent, Beresfield) 1:00pm
16/03/2014 Beresfield Utd SSC (ZL1) v Warners Bay FC Pasadena Oval (Pasadena Crescent, Beresfield) 2:30pm

oh format yourself...

sharky21
07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Sharky are you sure ? the 15th and 16th is meant to be the days the next round is played I think ? I believe the second round is now pushed back a week.

boz-monaut
07-03-2014, 05:18 PM
this - from four days ago

Hi all,

As you’re aware there were a large number of postponed State Cup fixtures over the weekend due to the recent wet weather. NNSWF understands this is a busy time of year for all clubs as pre-season activities have been scheduled around our State Cup dates. As a result, NNSWF has determined that the washed out fixtures from Round 1 of the State Cup will now take place on Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th March (the weekend that was originally scheduled for Round 2 fixtures). This will affect the remaining rounds of the competition so please take note of the new dates below:

Round 1 – Saturday 1st/Sunday 2nd March and Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th March

Round 2 – Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd March

Round 3 – Wednesday 16th April

Round 4 – Wednesday 7th May

Round 5 – Wednesday 28th May

Apart from the additional date of Wednesday 16th April, the above dates were already locked in for State Cup fixtures so effectively the main changes are the round numbers.

Could each club that was meant to host Round 1 washouts please confirm ground availability for either Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th March as soon as possible.

Once all venues and kick off times have been confirmed I will distribute a revised copy of the draw.

Thanks,

Sophie

Sophie Milton

Football Operations Coordinator

ForeverRed
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I think NPL and new fm are still playing second round next weekend

NewFM 2014
07-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't understand how the second round can take place weekend 21st and 22 nd march as this is when newfm starts ?

What about valentines first game in comp and Maitland for that point if the beat south Cardiff

ForeverRed
07-03-2014, 08:02 PM
I don't understand how the second round can take place weekend 21st and 22 nd march as this is when newfm starts ?

What about valentines first game in comp and Maitland for that point if the beat south Cardiff
Second round is the 15/16

boz-monaut
07-03-2014, 08:32 PM
the second round to be played on 22/23 March is for Interdistrict teams, not NEW FM teams

their second round is 15/16 March

NewFM 2014
07-03-2014, 09:37 PM
the second round to be played on 22/23 March is for Interdistrict teams, not NEW FM teams

their second round is 15/16 March

That makes sense - thank you

howardyou
08-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Wow. Looks like NNSW actually thought this all through. Kudos to them.

Clubs would have been pissed to lose a trial that had been set up for weeks.

Zeus
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Can anybody list all the Newfm and NPL teams that have made it to round 2 and who is yet to play each other?

ForeverRed
09-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Go to nnswf wev site, all fixtures and results

sancho_theswan
09-03-2014, 08:45 PM
At Blacksmiths Oval this afternoon….

BelSwans v's Jaffas (1-3).

Zeus
10-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Go to nnswf wev site, all fixtures and results

Thanks

leftrightout
10-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Anyone know when the reschedules games are going to be played? It would have to be this weekend wouldnt it?

boz-monaut
10-03-2014, 03:44 PM
yes everyone knows when these rescheduled games are to be held

Imyourhero
10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Anyone know when the reschedules games are going to be played? It would have to be this weekend wouldnt it?
Just read through last few pages mate.

ForeverRed
11-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Tonight at Ulinga
Gunners v maitland 6.30
Olympic v singleton 8 pm

leftrightout
11-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Just read through last few pages mate.

Yeah that might help!

leftrightout
11-03-2014, 12:31 PM
yes everyone knows when these rescheduled games are to be held

Good for them, just checking!

wannabe
11-03-2014, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;70544]Tonight at Ulinga
Gunners v maitland 6.30
Olympic v singleton 8 pm[/QUOT

maitland 2-1
Olympic 9-0

Zico
11-03-2014, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverRed;70544]Tonight at Ulinga
Gunners v maitland 6.30
Olympic v singleton 8 pm[/QUOT

maitland 2-1
Olympic 9-0

Southy 5-4 Maitland in a Penalty shootout
Olympic 15 - 0 Singleton

NewFM 2014
11-03-2014, 03:30 PM
I went and watched Maitland V Hamilton at the weekend.

If Maitland play like they did 1st half then Southy will win

If Maitland play like they did 2nd Half Maitland will win.

LINGERA
11-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I went and watched Maitland V Hamilton at the weekend.

If Maitland play like they did 1st half then Southy will win

If Maitland play like they did 2nd Half Maitland will win.

Unquestionable logic

namwob99
11-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Olympic hit double figures yet? Half an hour in!!

Imyourhero
11-03-2014, 09:21 PM
any results for tonight?

Beast
11-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Southy on penalties 6-5 I think. was 1 all at full time. player from each side shown the red

RANGER09
11-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Can anyone confirm 35min halves , normal rules, 3 subs etc for this comp. cheers.

RANGER09
11-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Can anyone confirm 35min halves , normal rules, 3 subs etc for this comp. cheers.

All good found info on NNSW web site.

Swanky
11-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Olympic 6-1 Singleton (2-1) half time

The General
11-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Southy on penalties 6-5 I think. was 1 all at full time. player from each side shown the red

I'm actually surprised but I expected a Maitland win. Credit to Southy though. I went and watched and thought Southy we great value up until the send off. They seemed to play much different to last year. Johnson looked good at the back and Wallace looked good upfront.

Singleton and Hamilton was a poor game. Olympic were convincing winners and never got out of first gear

pv4
12-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Am I right in saying going into Round 2 there will only be one NEWFM team, being the winner of Cessnock v Awaba?

Gaz - what are the odds of Magic drawing a NEWFM team in Round1 and then the only NEWFM team in Round 2? :rof: about 7%?

cobra23
12-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Am I right in saying going into Round 2 there will only be one NEWFM team, being the winner of Cessnock v Awaba?

Gaz - what are the odds of Magic drawing a NEWFM team in Round1 and then the only NEWFM team in Round 2? :rof: about 7%?

There will be two teams left from newfm, the winner from cessnock and toronto, and phoenix they had the bye..

chocolate soldier
12-03-2014, 09:56 AM
when does the rd 2 draw come out??

Imyourhero
12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
id say soon as cessnock play stags

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Comes out today, a spot will be left for the winner of cessnock v stags

Bremsstrahlung
12-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Comes out today, a spot will be left for the winner of cessnock v stags

Love the new strip FR.

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 11:45 AM
second round draw, edgeworth v bye,
jaffas v toronto/cessnock, sunday 11.30 blacksmiths oval, valentine v weston sunday 1pm johnston park, westy, magic v azzurri sunday 2pm the gardens

olympic v south cardiff sunday2pm lydon oval dudley

interesting how the grand final holders always get the rub of the draw, magic now edgeworth,

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 11:46 AM
second round draw, edgeworth v bye,
jaffas v toronto/cessnock, sunday 11.30 blacksmiths oval, valentine v weston sunday 1pm johnston park, westy, magic v azzurri sunday 2pm the gardens

interesting how the grand final holders always get the rub of the draw, magic now edgeworth,
sorry jaffas should read 11.30 johnston park westy

cobra23
12-03-2014, 11:59 AM
second round draw, edgeworth v bye, jaffas v toronto/cessnock, sunday 11.30 blacksmiths oval, valentine v weston sunday 1pm johnston park, westy, magic v azzurri sunday 2pm the gardens

How The Fu#K does edgy have 2 byes in a row....

pv4
12-03-2014, 12:03 PM
How The Fu#K does edgy have 2 byes in a row....

Edgy drew Westy last round. Who pulled out. So they didn't exactly draw the bye last round.

NewFM 2014
12-03-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm actually surprised but I expected a Maitland win. Credit to Southy though. I went and watched and thought Southy we great value up until the send off. They seemed to play much different to last year. Johnson looked good at the back and Wallace looked good upfront.

Singleton and Hamilton was a poor game. Olympic were convincing winners and never got out of first gear

Would agree with you General that up until half time Southy looked better than last year and they seem to have a good striker in Wallace although not sure how good you can be suspended and he will need to cut that rubbish out.

That said , Maitland for me dominated second half and looked likely to win had the game gone a bit longer.

How ref never gave Southy a penalty was incredible as I was right in line with it and it was a stone wall penalty.

Another bye for Edgy ... will they be first team in history to win a cup without kicking a ball Ha Ha

ForeverRed
12-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Love the new strip FR.

thanks, a sponsor on the front would make it even better

RANGER09
12-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Would agree with you General that up until half time Southy looked better than last year and they seem to have a good striker in Wallace although not sure how good you can be suspended and he will need to cut that rubbish out.

That said , Maitland for me dominated second half and looked likely to win had the game gone a bit longer.

How ref never gave Southy a penalty was incredible as I was right in line with it and it was a stone wall penalty.

Another bye for Edgy ... will they be first team in history to win a cup without kicking a ball Ha Ha

Redraw! - pull teams out of the hat again for rd 2!

NewFM 2014
12-03-2014, 01:54 PM
I think a really good draw for Valo and gives chance for progress into next round for NewFM side.

The General
12-03-2014, 08:18 PM

Agree with the penalty call. It Was pathetic.I actually thought Southy could have scored 4 after they conceded. I wrote them off earlier, but they may suprise me this year. Was anyone surprised with how Maitland played? They seemed to just boot it up the park. I was slightly disappointed.

wannabe
12-03-2014, 08:30 PM
tips
edgy
Olympic
valo
Charlestown
jaffas

NewFM 2014
13-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Agree with the penalty call. It Was pathetic.I actually thought Southy could have scored 4 after they conceded. I wrote them off earlier, but they may suprise me this year. Was anyone surprised with how Maitland played? They seemed to just boot it up the park. I was slightly disappointed.

I actually thought it was a good open game and thought neither team booted the ball up the park , funny how people see a game differently... As for 4 goals , i struggle to remember there even being 4 shots clear shots at goal and that is inclusive of the two goals.

hopefully Valo can keep NewFM flag flying high in state cup as I think they can potentially knock of Weston.

namwob99
13-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Big fan of the NPL/newfm clubs playing at zone league grounds this weekend.

cobra23
13-03-2014, 09:36 AM
thanks, a sponsor on the front would make it even better

go and ask STEGGLES They will jump at it..
ha ha

Zico
13-03-2014, 09:38 AM
go and ask STEGGLES They will jump at it..
ha ha
:roflz:

Zico
13-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Big fan of the NPL/newfm clubs playing at zone league grounds this weekend.
What a joke!!! If it was a comp that your Zone League teams competed in on the same level as NPL/NEWFM then I wouldn't have an issue but you want to get a piggy back into the final stages of the comp along with the benifit of hosting the better sides? I've said it before and I'll say it again, this comp is a farce!

JCBT
13-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I like Westy and hope the survive but the fact that they have a round in this comp is wrong in my opinion.
They couldn't field a side to compete in the comp so why take an opportunity off a club that are competing and give them the chance to raise some coin? I'll go out on a limb and say that the fed will hand Westy the NEWFM Grand Final also.

pv4
13-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Don't mind that they're giving a round to Westy tbh.

I have a lot of sympathy for the situation they're in currently, without knowing too much detail about how they got there. They're still one of the older clubs in Newcastle (and I assume Australia) and I think for the sake of hosting a few cup games to get some canteen revenue etc, I'm happy for the fed to give them that kind of helping hand. Also, the facilities aren't the worst in Newcastle and the field is decent (although the grass is a bit long & heavy this year).

ForeverRed
13-03-2014, 09:59 AM
All clubs were given an opportunity to host games, not many put there hand up due to youth league committments

ramsbelong@jesmondpark
13-03-2014, 01:58 PM
I must agree with Zico re: the State Cup, not necessarily the criticism of hosting clubs as I think any club could apply to host and why not. They take the NRL to inferior bush grounds so if blokes on $600 000 a year can suck it up then so can the best of Newcastle Park Footballers.

As a club newly promoted to ZL1 I guess the thought of playing one of the big guns can be seen as daunting by some, but I believe most would see it as an opportunity. We at Jesmond would.

I think it was 2010 we drew Weston straight up. We embraced the occasion and after 25-30 mins it was 0-0, we had defended with all we had and even went close to going up 1-0. They ended up putting double figures past us from memory, but we played it in the right spirit and were beaten by a far superior team who I think went on to win a trophy that year. Where's the harm in that? So our place in Newcastle Football was confirmed and we move on!

Maybe the correct mix is to exclude NBN and 2HD teams from round 1 and introduce 2HD round 2 and round 2 or 3 NBN jump in, similar to the FA Cup. At present if a zone league team has a good run against relatively similar opposition we have to look forward to not only playing a team from a superior level, but one of the stronger ones that have beaten their rivals already.

Anyway, it's a bit of fun and a brilliant idea that juts needs tweaking. Good luck all.

RANGER09
13-03-2014, 09:47 PM
As most ZL clubs probably only started training 4 weeks before 1st state cup round, would be more beneficial to start it a few rounds into the regular season to give teams time to get their match fitness up, team strategies etc I like the idea you put up ramsbelong@jesmondpark as the new fm and NBN sides would definitely see better quality opposition.

curious_fan
15-03-2014, 09:20 PM
I like Westy and hope the survive but the fact that they have a round in this comp is wrong in my opinion.
They couldn't field a side to compete in the comp so why take an opportunity off a club that are competing and give them the chance to raise some coin? I'll go out on a limb and say that the fed will hand Westy the NEWFM Grand Final also.

I can tell you that it was an approach to the club to host the games not a request. And after seeing the field today (barring excessive rain tonight) no club will be disappointed with the surface they are being provided.

Any complaints about some wear in the South Western corner should be directed to the NPL coaches who decided to play spend the entire day in one corner of the field rather than move around occasionally. No accounting for some I guess.

I think as with the NPL the venue for NewFM would already be decided. Last year Wembley did host a Zone League GF and will offer to do so again.

The club is being transparent as possible with the club members and isn't hiding they are looking at a number of avenues to increase the grounds profile.

curious_fan
15-03-2014, 09:31 PM
As most ZL clubs probably only started training 4 weeks before 1st state cup round, would be more beneficial to start it a few rounds into the regular season to give teams time to get their match fitness up, team strategies etc I like the idea you put up ramsbelong@jesmondpark as the new fm and NBN sides would definitely see better quality opposition.

State Cup was heavily dictated by the dates set by FFA as to when Federations have to nominate their side/s for the next round that expands to include A-League clubs. Northern had that date and worked backwards trying not to disrupt the competitions. NewFm round one is next Saturday so I think they have done well only having the one interruption during the competition for State Cup.

NPL/NewFm do not play ZL as one of the considerations that was given to encourage ZL teams to enter when it was opened up to those divisions. The fact that 1 of the 4 semi final spots was guaranteed to ZL sides so the only way to ensure that guarantee is to isolate the teams from competing prior to the semi finals.

wannabe
15-03-2014, 09:49 PM
State Cup was heavily dictated by the dates set by FFA as to when Federations have to nominate their side/s for the next round that expands to include A-League clubs. Northern had that date and worked backwards trying not to disrupt the competitions. NewFm round one is next Saturday so I think they have done well only having the one interruption during the competition for State Cup.

NPL/NewFm do not play ZL as one of the considerations that was given to encourage ZL teams to enter when it was opened up to those divisions. The fact that 1 of the 4 semi final spots was guaranteed to ZL sides so the only way to ensure that guarantee is to isolate the teams from competing prior to the semi finals.
what an absolute JOKE.how in a knockout comp can you guarantee a certain section a semi final spot. it has and always will be a fixed draw. especially now with it being a nationwide comp,northern need to do away with this shit.

Zico
16-03-2014, 09:51 AM
what an absolute JOKE.how in a knockout comp can you guarantee a certain section a semi final spot. it has and always will be a fixed draw. especially now with it being a nationwide comp,northern need to do away with this shit.
+1

Thomas477
16-03-2014, 10:18 AM

How is it different to what the FFA Cup is doing? The FFA Cup guarantees at least one non-professional club a spot in the semis. Tbh, I have no issue with it.

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Are they charging admission this year?

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Also, just went and watched the "Draw" video on NNSW website. Why the hell do they even film it? It's literally a woman picking up names off the table. The whole reason people film draws is so people can see the that it is indeed random. Better off just posting the draw than having evidence that there wasn't even a random draw.

roundballsarebetter
16-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Terrace v kurri
Terrace 5.2. Margin could of been alot larger if not for poor finishing and some silly defensive errors from Raymond Terrace. Kurri competed for awhile then ran out of puff.

newie4eva
16-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Any score updates from NPL/NewFM games ?

ForeverRed
16-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Weston 5 . 1 over phoenix, game wasn't finished when I heard that score.
Southy 1 nil over olympic half time

ForeverRed
16-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Magic 2 . 1 over Azzurri half time

boz-monaut
16-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Cooks Hill ZL3 lost 4-0 to Barnsley today

leftrightout
16-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Any news from Dudley? Interested in the new Dudley team result.

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Any news from Dudley? Interested in the new Dudley team result.

KO at 3:30

ForeverRed
16-03-2014, 03:39 PM
Jaffna 4 nil over cessnock
Weston 5.1 over phoenix
Magic 3.1 over Azzurri
Gunners 1 nil over olympic

pv4
16-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Mayfield ZPL 5 - Westlakes 2

leftrightout
16-03-2014, 04:05 PM
KO at 3:30

Dudley ZL3?

Bremsstrahlung
16-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Dudley ZL3?
My bad, I'm not sure.

ForeverRed
16-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Zpl

Nelson Bay Road
16-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Nelson bay defeated morisset 2-1 at morisset..

Charman
16-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Dudley ZL3?
Congratulations to Medowie on winning in pens today after a well fought 0-0 draw. Game was played in good spirit. We at Dudley ZL3 will take plenty of positives from that result. Well done to my guys, did us proud today.

supa
16-03-2014, 05:28 PM
results from pasadena today..

raymond terrace 5 - 2 Kurri

newcastle suns 5 - 0 Toronto

Beresfield 3 - 1 Warners Bay

Guiltykeep
16-03-2014, 06:18 PM
From Dudley
Medowie on pens
Musselbrook 3-1 mereweather
Southy 1-0 Olympic
Dudley 6-2 suburbs

Jardelsimage
16-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Wallsend-2 v Cardiff-2
pens 10-11 tigers go throu.
magic beat Azzuri in the game before 3-1

Drunken ranger
16-03-2014, 07:06 PM
Who medowie beat

supa
16-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Who medowie beat
dudley ZL3

RANGER09
16-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Anyone know when rd2 is drawn?(for inter district clubs)
Bit of a surprise seeing red devils getting stitched up by the tigers especially seeing tigers were dined on by the kingfishers 5~0

Drunken ranger
16-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Tah supa

Jardelsimage
16-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Anyone know when rd2 is drawn?
Bit of a surprise seeing red devils getting stitched up by the tigers especially seeing tigers were dined on by the kingfishers 5~0
70 minutes gents, 70 mins.............gotta play the game out........go the tiggers...........
seriously thou good effort by the Tiggers, after dropping the bundle last week.... that's football....

The General
16-03-2014, 08:36 PM
70 minutes gents, 70 mins.............gotta play the game out........go the tiggers...........
seriously thou good effort by the Tiggers, after dropping the bundle last week.... that's football....

Was gripping stuff in the shootout!
Magic a class above Charleatown I thought. Anyone see the Olympic Southy game? Heard South Cardiff were good. Another decent result there.

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Gunners were missing, mick Stafford, Daniel Johnston and mat grey through injury plus brad Walters came off after 10 minutes which made it an even better result, young blokes did well

RANGER09
17-03-2014, 09:17 AM
With 20 teams still to go in Zone League, how the mix of rd2 is sorted will be anyones guess, we have 9 ZPL teams, 5 x ZL1 , 3 x ZL2 & 3 x ZL3,
Would be interseting to see if ZL2 & 3 are drawn against each other and have ZPL & ZL1 play each other as well.
thoughts anyone?

sharky21
17-03-2014, 09:59 AM
With 20 teams still to go in Zone League, how the mix of rd2 is sorted will be anyones guess, we have 9 ZPL teams, 5 x ZL1 , 3 x ZL2 & 3 x ZL3,
Would be interseting to see if ZL2 & 3 are drawn against each other and have ZPL & ZL1 play each other as well.
thoughts anyone?
I can only assume the third ZL3 team thru is RAAF. Along with tenambit and dungog ( well there mixed team) I.must have missed there result any idea what it was and who they played?
I wouldn't be surprised to see my team ( tenambit) be drawn against Bero to be honest.

RANGER09
17-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I can only assume the third ZL3 team thru is RAAF. Along with tenambit and dungog ( well there mixed team) I.must have missed there result any idea what it was and who they played?
I wouldn't be surprised to see my team ( tenambit) be drawn against Bero to be honest.

oops my bad - i have Medowie listed as ZL3 not ZL2 :)

supa
17-03-2014, 10:13 AM
:pissup:

RAAf played UNI ZPL...

Nou Camp
17-03-2014, 10:41 AM
thoughts anyone?

surely it would have to be random luck of the draw?????