PDA

View Full Version : Player wishlist for 2014/15

Premy
19-01-2014, 09:27 PM
If you're like me and prepared to put this season down as a right of already. starting to think about next season and if you could choose 5 realistic signings who would you sign for next season?

Mine would be
-Joel Griffiths
-Ljubo Milicevic
-Josh Kennedy
-Brad Smith
-Someone who can control the midfield.

halo se7en
19-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Good ones.

pv4
19-01-2014, 09:49 PM
-------------------------biraz-----------------------
Neville--Chapman--Reegz--New LB
-----------------------Kanta----------------------
---------Zadkid---------Brillante------------
-Griff------------New striker-----Goodwin (give him more time)

Thoughts for new players..
LB: Davidson, Jamieson, ?
Striker: Josh Kennedy, Scott McDonald, Berisha

Pierre Essers
19-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Brad Smith seems unlikely to play for Australia let alone play in the A League...on the verge of playing games for Liverpool and to come back and play for the 7/8th best team in Oz.

Jamieson is probably more realistic option, and wants to come back East.

If you're like me and prepared to put this season down as a right of already. starting to think about next season and if you could choose 5 realistic signings who would you sign for next season?

Mine would be
-Joel Griffiths
-Ljubo Milicevic
-Josh Kennedy
-Brad Smith
-Someone who can control the midfield.

lquiquer
19-01-2014, 09:56 PM
-------------------------biraz-----------------------
Neville--Chapman--Reegz--New LB
-----------------------Kanta----------------------
---------Zadkid---------Brillante------------
-Griff------------New striker-----Goodwin (give him more time)

Thoughts for new players..
LB: Davidson, Jamieson, ?
Striker: Josh Kennedy, Scott McDonald, Berisha

Take second goal last Friday out of the equation and what's wrong with Kew?.. Play him at left back, isn't it where he played for holland?

pv4
19-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Kew played RB for Netherlands. We need a left footer there.

Kew will have aged too much by then imo. Plus I love chapman and am reegzs biggest fanboi after labaz

lquiquer
19-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Kew played RB for Netherlands. We need a left footer there.

Kew will have aged too much by then imo. Plus I love chapman and am reegzs biggest fanboi after labaz

Correct me if wrong... Aren't Kew and Mitchell left footed and chapman and Regan right footed?

Premy
19-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Brad Smith seems unlikely to play for Australia let alone play in the A League...on the verge of playing games for Liverpool and to come back and play for the 7/8th best team in Oz.

Jamieson is probably more realistic option, and wants to come back East.
I think a loan deal would be in the best interest of all 3 parties.

So who would you sign?

pv4
19-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Mitchell is left footed. Rest are right.

I'm talking about needing a left footer to play overlapping left back here, not left sided centre back

Pierre Essers
19-01-2014, 10:20 PM
I don't think swapping for Melwood for Ray Watt is in his best interests...

Seriously our biggest need is an incisive mid who breaks the lines. Also someone who is ok with dead ball situations...
Meaning throw the bank at Guy Finkler...

So who would you sign?

Thomas477
19-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Strangely, it's the same wish list as last year.

Griff
Good LB
Top #10
Griff
Berisha
Griff
Top LW

But it depends on the coach. If we play a system without wingers, we don't need any etc.

The Dunster
19-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Guy Finkler has been with more clubs than you can poke a stick at. The reason is he's lazy and unfit.

Tommyjet
20-01-2014, 05:29 AM

So who would you sign?
Brad smith is very close to at least a permenate spot on liverpools bench. They rate him extremely highly there, if he was getting loaned a number of premier league clubs would be in for him.

leftrightout
20-01-2014, 07:18 AM
I don't think swapping for Melwood for Ray Watt is in his best interests...

Seriously our biggest need is an incisive mid who breaks the lines. Also someone who is ok with dead ball situations...
Meaning throw the bank at Guy Finkler...

Yep Finkler is my choice as well... Number 10 can afford to be slightly lazy.
I would prefer to have a slightly lazy but creative number 10 who scores the odd goal, good on dead ball and sets goals up than any of these guys we have played there over the past how many years for the jets who are "hard workers" but do sweet FA with the ball!
Carlos Hernandez is terribly lazy, he still rips teams apart!

Jeterpool
20-01-2014, 07:25 AM
I think we all might be jumping the gun a little here looking at players.

It depends on the system any prospective new coach wishes to employ. It may be different to what we are currently doing.

Either way a left back is a must. Sam G can provide cover for either side.

Jeterpool
20-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Here is the list i posted some months ago of players available.

Adelaide United (7 players)

Jake Barker-Daish, Daniel Bowles, Nigel Boogaard, Marcelo Carrusca, Antony Golec, Jon McKain, Steven Lustica.

Brisbane Roar (5)

Matt Acton, Besart Berisha, Diogo Ferreira, Dimi Petratos, Shane Stefanutto

Central Coast (9)

Zach Anderson, Marcos Flores (owned by Victory), Brent Griffiths, Daniel McBreen, Justin Pasfield, Liam Reddy, Trent Sainsbury, Matt Simon, Mile Sterjovski

Melbourne Heart (13)

Orlando Engelaar, Patrick Gerhardt, Jason Hoffman, Harry Kewell, Patrick Kisnorbo, Golgol ,Mebrahtu, Michael Mifsud, Dylan Macallister, Sam Mitchinson, Tando Velaphi, David Vrankovic, Jeremy Walker, David Williams

Melbourne Victory (7)

Jonathan Bru, Pablo Contreras, Gui Finkler, James Jeggo, Adrian Leijer, Archie Thompson, Adama Traore

Newcastle Jets (14)

Michael Bridges, James Brown, Connor Chapman, Joey Gibbs, Craig Goodwin, Emile Heskey, Kew Jaliens, Ben Kantarovski, Scott Neville, Jacob Pepper, John Solari, Adam Taggart

Perth Glory (12)

Jacob Burns, Jack Clisby, Travis Dodd, Chris Harold, Ndumba Makeche, Steve McGarry, Brandon O'Neill, Steve Pantelidis, Sidnei Sciola, Shane Smeltz, Michael Thwaite, Adrian Zahra

Sydney FC (15)

Ali Abbas, Tiago Calvano, Joel Chianese, Alessandro Del Piero, Slobodan Despotovic, Brett Emerton, Richard Garcia, Vedran Janjetovic, Matt Jurman, Mitch Mallia, Terry McFlynn,

Ivan Necevski, Nikola Petkovic, Blake Powell, Marc Warren

Wellington Phoenix (11)

Luke Adams, Leo Bertos, Michael Boxall, Josh Brindell-South, Carlos Hernandez, Stein Huysegems, Paul Ifill, Lewis Italiano, Vince Lia, Manny Muscat, Albert Riera

Western Sydney (15)

Michael Beauchamp, Shannon Cole, Ante Covic, Adam D'Apuzzo, Labinot Haliti, Youssouf Hersi, Dean Heffernan, Aaron Mooy, Shinji Ono, Jerome Polenz, Brendon Santalab

Matthew Spiranovic, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Jason Trifiro, Jerrad Tyson

Now the list is old an a number of players have since signed extensions, but it'll give you some idea.

Beeen
20-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Manny Muscat, Marc Warren, Ali Abbas, Steve Pantelidis, Dylan Mcallister, Jacob Burns, Mateo Corbo

pv4
20-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Traore has been one of, if not the standout players of this season (and many other seasons). While I can't see him hanging around in Australia now his citizenship debacle is over, if he did stay in Aust I would LOVE to see him at the Jerks. But it's an unrealistic option IMO.

russjaybee
20-01-2014, 09:33 AM
pv4 you don't rate Taggart then?

NewyTy
20-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I read some rumours that Dimitar Berbatov could be coming to the A-League and the Jets are one club rumoured. Personally I think it's a bit far-fetched but would probably do well as a replacement for Heskey (if he leaves). Anyway here's the link http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/38570-fulham-arsenal-target-open-to-australia-switch.php#.Ut0KN9J9Lcc

sanchez
20-01-2014, 11:10 PM
lol, if Berbatov joins the a-league, let alone the Jets, I'll bite my own dick.

Tommyjet
21-01-2014, 05:30 AM
Berbatov has a very dicey temperament, he would provide entertainment both on and off the pitch

Jeterpool
21-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Berbatov has a very dicey temperament, he would provide entertainment both on and off the pitch

Imagine him and GvE going head to head...you'd get a bigger crowd at training just to watch the blow ups and sulking.

cobra23
21-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Imagine him and GvE going head to head...you'd get a bigger crowd at training just to watch the blow ups and sulking.

who's GVE ????

russjaybee
21-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Keep up Jeterpool.

Berbatov, tell him he's dreaming.

But in all honestly, what is it, 2 mil they want for him? Not to mention his ludicrous wages considering other names touted have been Arsenal...

Jeterpool
21-01-2014, 09:51 AM
Keep up Jeterpool.

Berbatov, tell him he's dreaming.

But in all honestly, what is it, 2 mil they want for him? Not to mention his ludicrous wages considering other names touted have been Arsenal...

My bad :blush:

hawk
22-01-2014, 08:47 PM
well there goes berish, fk victory

Tommyjet
22-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Finkler in behind taggs and griff

seldom
22-01-2014, 10:33 PM
well there goes berish, fk victory

middleby out !

leftrightout
23-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Finkler in behind taggs and griff

Yep!:fap:

pv4
23-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Bring back Jobe

leftrightout
23-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Bring back Jobe

So we can be more mediocre than ever?

militiamon
23-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Bring back Jobe

One of your best calls. Makes perfect sense.

Will bump the Jobe thread.

plague
23-01-2014, 09:41 PM
So we can be more mediocre than ever?

Coz we've really come on in leaps and bounds since he left.

sanchez
24-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Clear Griff. That's all we ask.

pv4
24-01-2014, 07:06 AM
One of your best calls. Makes perfect sense.

Will bump the Jobe thread.

:cool: 2283 fo life yo

leftrightout
24-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Coz we've really come on in leaps and bounds since he left.

Haha well true, but do you want to continue it?
New coach coming in we finally have a chance for something different!

Tommyjet
29-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Apparently carrusca and finkler are having trouble signing new deals at their respective clubs. One of these 2 is exactly what we need in a 'no. 10'

sh10
29-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Finkler marquee - do it

joel31
29-01-2014, 06:01 PM
I'd take either

Premy
29-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Apparently carrusca and finkler are having trouble signing new deals at their respective clubs. So is Joe Cole

Tommyjet
29-01-2014, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Premy;63734]So is Joe Cole[/QUOTE
Careful James gardiner will read that and start a wild rumour

leftrightout
29-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Apparently carrusca and finkler are having trouble signing new deals at their respective clubs. One of these 2 is exactly what we need in a 'no. 10'

No doubt Sydney will somehow sin them both! I honestly believe they are both in the top 3 number 10s along with broich in the comp. I've made it known previously I would love Finkler at the jets, The kind of player we need!

belchardo
29-01-2014, 08:14 PM
No doubt Sydney will somehow sin them both! I honestly believe they are both in the top 3 number 10s along with broich in the comp. I've made it known previously I would love Finkler at the jets, The kind of player we need!

funny you should mention that given they've just released calvano...

joel31
29-01-2014, 08:26 PM
funny you should mention that given they've just released calvano...
To sign Bosnar

MFKS
29-01-2014, 08:31 PM
But that is the type of thing a forward thinking club does at this time of year. Purges their shit players to elsewhere to bring someone in who may contribute for the rest of the season/into the future

We dead set have plenty we could do without. Bridges ..... Brown...... Gallaway..... Mitchell..... etc etc

Make it happen Middleby

Thomas477
29-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Make it happen Middleby

:roflz:

militiamon
29-01-2014, 10:07 PM

I'd take either

Yep. Always thought that Carrusca is the best player in the league that flies under the radar.

Would mean the end of my ingenious "Carrusca - hijo de puta" chant though.

chocolate soldier
30-01-2014, 08:51 AM
why not sign joey barton??? he is a boss, but hell he would dominate the midfield and bring in some quality media attention

pv4
30-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Would mean the end of my ingenious "Carrusca - hijo de puta" chant though.

:rof: muy bien mi amigo