PDA

View Full Version : Jets Youth withdraw from NBN

pv4
21-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Have had "confirmed" word that Jets Youth will be withdrawing from NBN this season, with Maitland from NEWFM to replace them (with no news on whether NEWFM will have a bye or a replacement). Anyone hearing similar?

Drunken ranger
21-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Wow really what's hapoened

chocolate soldier
21-01-2014, 12:38 PM
confirmed from where??

Cunning stunts
21-01-2014, 12:41 PM
i just asked someone high in maitland they said not true ? but that still doesnt mean its not happing

outsider
21-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Have had "confirmed" word that Jets Youth will be withdrawing from NBN this season, with Maitland from NEWFM to replace them (with no news on whether NEWFM will have a bye or a replacement). Anyone hearing similar?

Not sure if that can happen.I thought that it was a requirement of FFA that they had to be a part of the local State League.Wasnt that what all the fuss was about when the clubs were told that a few years ago.

cobra23
21-01-2014, 01:33 PM
not sure if that can happen.i thought that it was a requirement of ffa that they had to be a part of the local state league.wasnt that what all the fuss was about when the clubs were told that a few years ago.

deans out !!!

boz-monaut
21-01-2014, 01:55 PM
nice use of "confirmed"

Deans "confirmed" out

MFKS
21-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Umm Didn't Middleby tell GVE to apply for the gig as Emerging Jets head on honcho after firing his arse yesterday??
Be a bit stupid employing GVE as the head of emerging Jets if they have no one to play.

Who will the emerging Jets be playing if they ain't playing in this comp??
Maybe they are off to the NSWPL???

If this is about money I find this hard to believe they don't pay the kids anyway and get a handout from the FFA for the Emerging Jets program

I am confused??

How reliable is the source West Lakes Gypo??
Can you divulge any more info about what qualifies them for what they "KNOW"???

NewFM 2014
21-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I would be amazed if jets pull the pin on state league as they get great benefit of this for many reasons and scales from experience of competitive football for the youngsters to valuable game time for experienced players coming back from injuries etc.

I also doubt it is a money issue as it can't cost jets much to take part ?

Also regarding replacement IF this is true I would be surprised to see Maitland promoted ? Do they meet ALL criteria set out ?

Either valo back up or NBN run with 9 team comp again in my opinion

prawnhead
21-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Umm Didn't Middleby tell GVE to apply for the gig as Emerging Jets head on honcho after firing his arse yesterday??
Be a bit stupid employing GVE as the head of emerging Jets if they have no one to play.

Who will the emerging Jets be playing if they ain't playing in this comp??
Maybe they are off to the NSWPL???

If this is about money I find this hard to believe they don't pay the kids anyway and get a handout from the FFA for the Emerging Jets program

I am confused??

How reliable is the source West Lakes Gypo??
Can you divulge any more info about what qualifies them for what they "KNOW"???

If it is true this is how it may have played out.

Palmer is really pushing GVE's barrow re the Emerging Jets Technical Director role at the moment. However, the other 2 stakeholders involved in the appointment (ie NNSW Football and FFA) do not want him. And that's a fact.

When Palmer and his crew don't get their way they are known for pretty big dummy spits. Ie - well if who we think should get the job doesn't get it then we are taking our bat and ball and @#$%'ing off.

A bit like that 'handing back the A League license' thing a while back.

Could be wrong though

seldom
21-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Either scoop of the year or hook, line and sinker of the year......well in

front2
21-01-2014, 10:39 PM
As previously stated in other places, the current NYL squad are at the start of a 2-3 year process. So all is good I guess.

AcK0
21-01-2014, 11:39 PM
If it is true this is how it may have played out.

Palmer is really pushing GVE's barrow re the Emerging Jets Technical Director role at the moment. However, the other 2 stakeholders involved in the appointment (ie NNSW Football and FFA) do not want him. And that's a fact.

How did you come to that conclusion?

ForeverRed
22-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Legally this can't happen, measures were put in place to stop this from happening

Newy
22-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Pv4 is full of shit

MFKS
22-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Legally this can't happen, measures were put in place to stop this from happening

Care to expand on this FR???

russjaybee
22-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Also "legally this can't happen" is a bit of a silly statement. If there were legal precautions put in place to protect against this it just means the repercussions of pulling out are going to be higher. Doesn't mean it's not possible.

pv4
22-01-2014, 01:31 PM
I wrote it as "confirmed" because the source(s) I heard it from told me it was confirmed. You will then see I asked if anyone had heard similar, to confirm it or not.

As for legal issues, NPL criteria, all that stuff - I don't know. Everything I know is in the OP. I personally hope it doesn't happen as I love the opportunity it gives the Jets club in general, but I'm just saying what I've been told.

If it doesn't happen, or was never in plans to happen, I'm not so much full of shit as opposed to my sources were just misinformed.

MFKS
22-01-2014, 01:37 PM
I wrote it as "confirmed" because the source(s) I heard it from told me it was confirmed. You will then see I asked if anyone had heard similar, to confirm it or not.

As for legal issues, NPL criteria, all that stuff - I don't know. Everything I know is in the OP. I personally hope it doesn't happen as I love the opportunity it gives the Jets club in general, but I'm just saying what I've been told.

If it doesn't happen, or was never in plans to happen, I'm not so much full of shit as opposed to my sources were just misinformed.

Great Copout in case your rumour goes Pear shape

Well in WLG

russjaybee
22-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Solid back-tracking

:P

sh10
22-01-2014, 04:21 PM
I thought PV4 was just being sarcastic

cobra23
23-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Have had a " confirmed " word that PATRICK VIERA is coming to play in the state league this year.
If im wrong dont blame me, blame the bloke that told me... ha ha

pv4
23-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Have had a " confirmed " word that PATRICK VIERA is coming to play in the state league this year.
If im wrong dont blame me, blame the bloke that told me... ha ha

You spelt Vieira wrong (sup Militia).

I really hope this rumour holds true now - just so each & every one of you can apologize to me :rof:

LINGERA
23-01-2014, 02:03 PM
You spelt Vieira wrong (sup Militia).

I really hope this rumour holds true now - just so each & every one of you can apologize to me :rof:

you are missing the point pv4, regardless of whether or not it holds true, when you confirm somthing it shouldnt need to be.... confirmed.

what you should have said is, I really hope someone confirms my confirmation.

NewFM 2014
23-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I think PV4 was only passing on what he had heard TBH.

The 1st mistake he / she made was trying to stake claim to information that he/she really had no confirmation on and thus wanted credit just incase it happened to come off and then he/she would be seen to have the "contacts" so to speak.

The 2nd mistake was then to try to distance him/her from something that he/she "confirmed" and lay blame to the same "contact" he/she was was hoping to claim the scoop from.

And finally his/her 3rd mistake was to then state that they "hope" that something they "confirmed" earlier comes off so as they can then get "apologies" from everyone for something they are not saying they ever "confirmed"....

All in all a very funny post LOL

pv4
23-01-2014, 03:23 PM
you are missing the point pv4, regardless of whether or not it holds true, when you confirm somthing it shouldnt need to be.... confirmed.

what you should have said is, I really hope someone confirms my confirmation.

I personally never said it was confirmed - I still haven't said that. You'll find that putting something in "___" means you're quoting something. If I wanted to personally confirm it or claim it as my own, I wouldn't have used quotation marks.

I said I've had word (aka I've heard a rumour), that the source told me was 100% confirmed (hence the "confirmed") of the situation. I then said "Anyone hearing similar?" to ask for confirmation (or, as you would put it, I really hope someone confirms this).

What my OP said is no different to me writing "I've heard a rumour that Jerks Youth won't be in NBN and Maitland will replace them. Where I've heard the rumour from is of the belief that it is confirmed. Has anyone else heard this, or can confirm this?"

You missed the point, LINGERA.

http://anglicanmemes.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/tumblr_mn4p7ckqcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif

NewFM 2014
23-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I personally never said it was confirmed - I still haven't said that. You'll find that putting something in "___" means you're quoting something. If I wanted to personally confirm it or claim it as my own, I wouldn't have used quotation marks.

I said I've had word (aka I've heard a rumour), that the source told me was 100% confirmed (hence the "confirmed") of the situation. I then said "Anyone hearing similar?" to ask for confirmation (or, as you would put it, I really hope someone confirms this).

What my OP said is no different to me writing "I've heard a rumour that Jerks Youth won't be in NBN and Maitland will replace them. Where I've heard the rumour from is of the belief that it is confirmed. Has anyone else heard this, or can confirm this?"

You missed the point, LINGERA.

http://anglicanmemes.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/tumblr_mn4p7ckqcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif

Stop biting PV4 ... dont stress , it only a bit fun and they are cleary winding you up :-)

De-Champ
23-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I think PV4 was only passing on what he had heard TBH.

The 1st mistake he / she made was trying to stake claim to information that he/she really had no confirmation on and thus wanted credit just incase it happened to come off and then he/she would be seen to have the "contacts" so to speak.

The 2nd mistake was then to try to distance him/her from something that he/she "confirmed" and lay blame to the same "contact" he/she was was hoping to claim the scoop from.

And finally his/her 3rd mistake was to then state that they "hope" that something they "confirmed" earlier comes off so as they can then get "apologies" from everyone for something they are not saying they ever "confirmed"....

All in all a very funny post LOL

i got all this except the part after I think....

NewFM 2014
23-01-2014, 04:19 PM
i got all this except the part after I think....

I think being my thoughts on it all !!

sharky21
23-01-2014, 04:43 PM
:popcorn:

Bremsstrahlung
23-01-2014, 06:45 PM
:whistling::deadhorse::deadhorse:

MFKS
23-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Northern NSW Football releases amended Talented Player Pathways
January 23, 2014

Northern NSW Football’s Strategic Plan identifies the importance of clear and consistent Talented Player Pathways (TPP) for males and females throughout Northern NSW. The amended TPP’s reflect the recent implementation of the National Premier Leagues, Skill Acquisition and Game Training Programs. The release of the second edition of the National Curriculum, Regional High Performance Programs and Women’s Premier League strategic plans have also shaped the amended pathways.

“It is crucial that talented players regardless of where they play throughout Northern NSW are aware of the preferred pathway and what programs and teams they should be striving to be selected in” said NNSWF’s Technical Director, David Smith.

NNSWF has released a series of graphical representations of the various TPP’s to assist talented players and their parents to navigate their development. The following TPP’s cater for male, female, junior, youth and senior players throughout Northern NSW.

- Hunter Region – Youth & Junior – Male

- Hunter Region – Senior, Youth & Junior – Female

- Hunter Region – Senior & Youth – Male

- Regional NNSW – Youth & Junior – Male

- Regional NNSW – Senior & Youth - Female

The graphical representations aim to provide a clear, logical sequence of how male and female players can progress through the relevant talented player programs and representative teams in the Hunter and Regional areas of NNSW. The TPP’s also provide players who are not selected to set their “sights” on the next opportunity to be identified.

‘ The TPP’s are essentially guides for talented players,’ NNSWF Technical Director David Smith said. ‘For example, the TPP’s articulate how a 14 year old boy participating in Northern Inland Football’s Game Training Program in Tamworth can be selected to represent NNSWF Country at the National Youth Championships and potentially be selected to transition into the Emerging Jets 15s or even identified by FFA’s Technical Team for higher honours.”

‘For players aspiring to National level, the TPP’s provide a clear connection between the programs provided by Northern NSW Football for our elite male and female players.’ Smith said.

‘The amended TPP’s will assist NNSWF, Zones and clubs to better manage the expectations of young players and their parents.’ Smith concluded.

For Further Information: David Smith, Technical Director, Northern NSW Football Ph. 4964 0715.

Obviously no one told these guys

seldom
23-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I can now confirm PV4 is correct...just waiting on confirmation

LINGERA
24-01-2014, 12:11 PM
your arguement would have been valid if you had of used the Harvard referencing and citation style. e.g "Confirmed" (Some Moron 2014, Conversation 3, dribble 15)

sh10
24-01-2014, 12:34 PM
:lol:

MFKS
05-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Being the season starts in what 2 months anymore news on Pv4's scoop or is it an elaborate plot to slow us down from abusing him for the Sheep quiz answers??

You would think if it was gonna transpire the Jets would at least give NNSW ample opportunity to sort their comp out and not leave it to the last minute

Thomas477
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
You are giving Middleby a lot of credit there MFKS.

russjaybee
06-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm readying my pitchfork, pv4 is leading us all up the garden path.

Thomas477
09-02-2014, 02:04 PM
So, anything come of this?

The General
10-02-2014, 12:11 PM
So, anything come of this?

Its bollocks! Jets are playing...

MFKS
10-02-2014, 12:13 PM

All a ploy to distract from the Sheep Quiz abuse :roflz:

outsider
10-02-2014, 06:18 PM

I said before that it is a FFA requirement that they play in the highest level of local football and nothing has changed AFAIK.Nothing from either the jets and the local fed been said so far.
Probably just waiting to demote all the pretenders from the senior team to where some of them belong.

joel31
10-02-2014, 06:26 PM
All a ploy to distract from the Sheep Quiz abuse :roflz:
my thoughts exactly

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 10:22 AM
NBN … those were the days!