PDA

View Full Version : FapFest 2014 - aka Kale Bradbery Thread

furns
26-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Thread for MFKS to fap about Kale and spread his agenda for Kale to get promoted from NYL to HAL

btw MFKS last name is Bradbery........

discuss

joel31
26-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Deserves a chance from the bench

militiamon
26-01-2014, 06:37 PM
http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/kale-benefits-1.jpeg

militiamon
26-01-2014, 06:43 PM
PS It seems like sacrilege to deny MFKS the opportunity to start this thread :'(

As The Official Arbiter of All Things Kale, I'm waiting on The Member's endorsement of this thread before I post anything further.

joel31
26-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Furns wheres the NSFW warning

MFKS
26-01-2014, 07:33 PM
FFS

Thread could really deliver but needs a better title. Mods fix this shit up.

I always knew the day would come that some C Bomb would steal my thunder and start a Kale Thread. I never picked Furns to be the man though. Always thought it would be some other C Bomb just to patronise me.

What has been a pretty miserable weekend has definitely been improved by news of Kales Crotch Level performance in Perth and the possibilities this thread could deliver.

FAO Furns is their sponsorship opportunities available for this thread??

militiamon
26-01-2014, 08:17 PM
What has been a pretty miserable weekend has definitely been improved by news of Kales Crotch Level performance in Perth and the possibilities this thread could deliver.

I was waiting for the official confirmation:

http://i.imgur.com/FDddOb4.png

militiamon
26-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Agree with the need for a better title. Current one is a disgrace.

RE sponsorship, how about Kleenex?

plague
26-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Shit thread.
Bloke is just Jesic with healthier knees and better selfies.
Kale out.
Middleby out.

MFKS
26-01-2014, 08:25 PM
The thing that makes me feel relieved about this thread being started by someone else is that it will look much better for me in court if I get brought up on stalking charges :whistling::lulzturtle:

My2BobsWorth
26-01-2014, 08:45 PM
The mod police are watching Furns and Fish

Jetmaster
26-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Kale rhymes with....

Bale
Dale
Whale
Nail
Shale
Tale
Quail
Mail
Male
Pale
Hail
Gale
Jail
Rail
Sail
Tale
Tail
Veil
Yale

FAIL......

Let's just get Griff in there first eh ??

Raw Boned Youngster
26-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah but he has lost it this year. Too late by a season.

plague
26-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Kale rhymes with....

Bale
Dale
Whale
Nail
Shale
Tale
Quail
Mail
Male
Pale
Hail
Gale
Jail
Rail
Sail
Tale
Tail
Veil
Yale

FAIL......

Let's just get Griff in there first eh ??

Can't believe you left out stale.
Like MFKS' argument.
Close thread.
Middleby out.

furns
26-01-2014, 09:30 PM
thread title changed

joel31
26-01-2014, 09:31 PM
thread title changed
Where's the NSFW warning

GazFish35
26-01-2014, 09:32 PM
The mod police are watching Furns and Fish

Why are they watching furns and I?

MFKS
26-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah but he has lost it this year. Too late by a season.

Last week Kale was CRAP>>Even I was laying the boot in

This week Kale spends with Griffo >>> Kale Hatty and Crotch Level performance

Now Griffs back to offer guidance to the bloke it is onwards and upwards

boz-monaut
26-01-2014, 09:42 PM
http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/kale-benefits-1.jpegthis is actually Tuscan Cabbage, not kale

GazFish35
26-01-2014, 10:00 PM
If /when he finally gets a call up, can we all wave Kale in the air instead of celery?

q-money
26-01-2014, 10:03 PM
this is actually Tuscan Cabbage, not kale

lol

northern_swan
26-01-2014, 10:20 PM
btw MFKS last name is Bradbery........

As is Mr Celerys. :fright:

boz-monaut
26-01-2014, 11:00 PM
MFKS = Mrs Celery

stopper2
26-01-2014, 11:23 PM
I would say in the last 2 years Kale has scored more goals in a Jets shirt than any other player by far. If you count his goals in NBN State League (2seasons) and NYL, it must be close to 50. No one in the club would even come close to that mark. Some food for thought Clayton.

joel31
26-01-2014, 11:26 PM
I would say in the last 2 years Kale has scored more goals in a Jets shirt than any other player by far. If you count his goals in NBN State League (2seasons) and NYL, it must be close to 50. No one in the club would even come close to that mark. Some food for thought Clayton.
Griff hasn't been at the club

joel31
26-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Theres a step up from the youth league no. I'm not sure whether Kale has that extra edge to take him from being a good player at that level and a good player at a higher level. I guess we won't know until we test him out

plague
26-01-2014, 11:30 PM
I think he's still a bit green.

MFKS
26-01-2014, 11:34 PM

Get your facts right it is well over 50 by now approaching 60 by my rough estimates

Got 20 or 21 in the NBN the season before and 14 in last seasons NBN
16 in last years NYL and has 8 this year

Imyourhero
26-01-2014, 11:35 PM
just give him a go ffs and let him end the argument, how hard is it to give the kid 20mins. Can't be any worse than virgili!

lquiquer
26-01-2014, 11:37 PM
just give him a go ffs and let him end the argument, how hard is it to give the kid 20mins. Can't be any worse than virgili!

Can't be worse than Heskey yesterday

MFKS
26-01-2014, 11:38 PM

More importantly it is safe to say he can't be any ****ing worse than Bridges either and we keep giving that washed up nobody a run:roflz:

joel31
26-01-2014, 11:42 PM
MFKS what time and date was he born and at what hospital

MFKS
26-01-2014, 11:44 PM
MFKS what time and date was he born and at what hospital

Look into some type of Astrology aspect its all in the stars and numbers shit are we???

pv4
26-01-2014, 11:46 PM
He was born at North Gosford Private Hospital

militiamon
26-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Let's see, do we keep bringing on the 35 year old bloke who has scored 4 goals in 3 seasons, is on the brink of retirement, and adds absolutely nothing extra to the team

or

do we give a shot to the 20 year old who has been scoring buckloads of goals for the youth team for the past few seasons (and was top scorer in the NYL iirc)?

Gee, tough decisions for Jets management, what a selection nightmare.

Plot twist - useless 35 year old also happens to be the assistant manager of the team. **** off!

MFKS
27-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Let's see, do we keep bringing on the 35 year old bloke who has scored 4 goals in 3 seasons, is on the brink of retirement, and adds absolutely nothing extra to the team

or

do we give a shot to the 20 year old who has been scoring buckloads of goals for the youth team for the past few seasons (and was top scorer in the NYL iirc)?

Plot twist - useless 35 year old also happens to be the assistant manager of the team. **** off!

Hey Militia.

Just typed Kale Bradbery into google and done an Image search. 36th entry from top counting left to right and then down is the Fapfest Metre.

World wide fame beckons

joel31
27-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Hey Militia.

Just typed Kale Bradbery into google and done an Image search. 36th entry from top counting left to right and then down is the Fapfest Metre.

World wide fame beckons
how many times a day do u google him?

MFKS
27-01-2014, 12:10 AM

First time ever

stopper2
27-01-2014, 04:03 PM

or

I just have a gut-feeling that Bridges will start this weeks home game against WSW. Seems this is the pay-off we had to have in order to get rid of GVE....more game-time from Bridges!
Just curious, anyone in the know on just how much influence Bridges has in the Jets/HSG hierarchy? After all there has been some mention of him in the media as taking over the coaching role eventually. Did Zane appoint him as his assistant or was that a management decision?

Retro Jet
27-01-2014, 04:31 PM

First time ever

Where's an emicon with a Pinocchio nose when you need one?

Give the kid a run?
+1

Superdylan
27-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Ffs this thread :lulzturtle::blush:

joel31
27-01-2014, 06:15 PM
I just have a gut-feeling that Bridges will start this weeks home game against WSW. Seems this is the pay-off we had to have in order to get rid of GVE....more game-time from Bridges!
Just curious, anyone in the know on just how much influence Bridges has in the Jets/HSG hierarchy? After all there has been some mention of him in the media as taking over the coaching role eventually. Did Zane appoint him as his assistant or was that a management decision?
we need Bridges Out standards

stopper2
27-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Get your facts right it is well over 50 by now approaching 60 by my rough estimates

Got 20 or 21 in the NBN the season before and 14 in last seasons NBN
16 in last years NYL and has 8 this year
So it's nearly 60 goals in how many games....say 80,90?
The lad is scoring at better than 1 goal every 2nd game at NYL and State League. In other words he is doing the job at that level....WTF wouldn't you give him a chance at the next level???

GazFish35
27-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Get on it then.
Easy to make.

MFKS
27-01-2014, 08:08 PM
So it's nearly 60 goals in how many games....say 80,90?
The lad is scoring at better than 1 goal every 2nd game at NYL and State League. In other words he is doing the job at that level....WTF wouldn't you give him a chance at the next level???

Kale would have had about 35 games in the NBN max over the last 2 years

Throw in another 30 games max in the NYL and your looking at a figure pf approx 65 games Maximum

60 goals/ 65 games at NYL and NBN level and the bloke can't get a ****ing run when we can't score goals???

Whole thing is completely ****ed up

MFKS
27-01-2014, 08:09 PM

Will prove quite popular. Should be able to get PV4 to buy some off you at the minimum

MFKS
28-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Grass roots movement to get Kale in the side is starting to gain momentum.

Random C Bombs in the Herald are even shouting for Kale. ( Don't post on there just read)

The Ripple will slowly become a ****ing Tidal Wave

Imyourhero
28-01-2014, 04:50 PM
I would like to pose some question to MFKS in regards to Kale as a player. Ignoring the goal scoring potential of Kale's what is it about him as a player that you believe gives him to possiblity of being an A league player. I personally have only seen Kale a handfull of times during his games in NBN, apart from his acceleration/speed i haven't had enough time to focus on him individiually and see his other skills. How is his positional sense? How well does he bring other teammates into the game via scoring opportunities? How is his attitude when things aren't going his way? What attritbutes would he definetly need to improve to handle the standards?

russjaybee
28-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I'm actually interested in knowing whether you MFKS genuinely rate this kid to go far or whether this is just another circle jerk.

Eg, if he has such quality, will he be picked up by another club etc? Do you know if there has been any interest?

MFKS
28-01-2014, 05:34 PM
I would like to pose some question to MFKS in regards to Kale as a player. Ignoring the goal scoring potential of Kale's what is it about him as a player that you believe gives him to possiblity of being an A league player. I personally have only seen Kale a handfull of times during his games in NBN, apart from his acceleration/speed i haven't had enough time to focus on him individiually and see his other skills. How is his positional sense? How well does he bring other teammates into the game via scoring opportunities? How is his attitude when things aren't going his way? What attritbutes would he definetly need to improve to handle the standards?

The kid is a natural goal scorer. Give him chances he will score. One of those blokes who has the gift of putting it in the net.

Positional play can always be improved particularly at his age but he knows how to get on the end of things. Feel he also could use his pace better by playing a bit more on the last shoulder trying to spring the offside trap. Have seen him score quite a few rounding the keeper

When he gets the ball at his feet he is pretty adept at turning picking out teammates with forward passes and has skills in this area that are definitely under valued.

Feel we will see even more from him in a 4-4-2 scenario. Playing with a striker close by will suit him much better than the 4-3-3 of GVE he has had for the last few years.

When things don't go his way he tends to lash out. Not exactly Muscat like violence but cynical at best
Pretty handy with some hacks in tackling bit like Hooleys display of petulance the other night that go him booked. Defensively he needs to improve a hell of a lot but most of this is an attitude thing.

Chasing defenders about to close them down isn't his forte and he looks like he is only doing it a lot of the time to keep the coach off his arse at FT. Also has a rather bad habit of ducking when the ball goes back to a keeper for a clearance kick instead of staying big and possibly wearing it for the team and picking up a rebound goal out of it. That also being said he isn't the biggest lad in the world so no point hoofing balls to him(other than feet) where he has to deal with a big centre defender cause he will win little in the air

The bloke will score goals at HAL level that I have no doubt. Maybe not at the frequency he gets them in Yoof teams. Wasting time on a 35 year old has been in Bridges is a crime. The bloke contributes little and rarely scores. Kale given Bridges opportunities would have a couple of goals to his name by now.

Given an opportunity and in the right environment the bloke can be no worse than the rest of the ****sticks who have been in the HAL side for the last 12-18 months.
Chapo Hoole Virgili Peppz Oxborrow Galloway were all playing in the same NBN side as him. Kale was more than comfortably one of the better players in the team at the time. These blokes have been then blessed by the opportunity from GVE to play HAL. Kale has been left to rot.

Play him in a 4-4-2 and have some faith in the bloke and he will succeed.

The Dunster
28-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I wonder who Bridges will drop to get Kale a game in A-league ?

My2BobsWorth
28-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Baaaaaaa Baaaaaaaa

stopper2
28-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Would just like to add on MFKS' assessment of Kale that he has exceptionally quick feet, because of this attribute he is very dangerous in the box nipping around bigger defenders.
Seen him first play as a 16 year old for Magic 17A's and he impressed me greatly then. The other thing is that he will be too old for the Youth team next season so it will be a travesty if the rest of this HAL season is played out and he doesn't at least get a couple of opportunities off the bench to gauge if he can handle the next level. Are they going to release him like Mason Campbell was last season without even giving him a chance?

militiamon
28-01-2014, 10:28 PM
I will add to what MFKS and stopper have said about Kale by simply saying this:

If we don't back a guy who has been top goal scorer for our youth team at both a local and national level for the past few seasons, then when are we ever going to back our home grown youth?
All opinions on his abilities aside, surely his record alone warrants at the very least a 10 - 15 minute cameo for the senior team.

I wonder who Bridges will drop to get Kale a game in A-league ?

lol, this just about sums it up

pv4
28-01-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm sold on the idea of giving Kale a run. Member For Kale Bradbery

MFKS
28-01-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm sold on the idea of giving Kale a run. Member For Kale Bradbery

That's whats gonna drive this thread and the incoming tidal wave of support for Kale's inclusion.

One C Bomb at a time to the cause will encourage me on this quest to get it that big so InZane has to pick him

pv4
28-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Can you change your username to "MFKB"?

MFKS
29-01-2014, 12:52 AM

Sacrifice I am prepared to make for the cause.

Mods how does one do this???

Jeterpool
29-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Member For Kale Starting?

russjaybee
29-01-2014, 10:24 AM
How did he not get a run off the bench when Tagz was overseas? ffs

Keen for a youngen to get a run, even for just 10 mins ffs

plague
29-01-2014, 02:17 PM
I stand united with the Member (and assorted cronies) in the fight to get Kale a run.

(Unless there is tear gas and gunfire then **** that buddy you're on your own).

stopper2
29-01-2014, 08:14 PM
I will add to what MFKS and stopper have said about Kale by simply saying this:

If we don't back a guy who has been top goal scorer for our youth team at both a local and national level for the past few seasons, then when are we ever going to back our home grown youth?
All opinions on his abilities aside, surely his record alone warrants at the very least a 10 - 15 minute cameo for the senior team.

lol, this just about sums it up

Exactly, militiamon pretty well sums up the situation.
Remember a few years back that donkey Jason Naidovski played a few games (8 for 1 goal) and Sean Rooney also played quite a few more games (29 for 3 goals). They were both around the same age Kale is now but were from Sydney.
Like you said a local lad scoring goals consistently and yet the spindoctors at this club will try and tell us that they want to promote local talent!

MFKS
30-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Good Day Clayton.

Firstly congratulations on your recent promotion

One thing that has really been troubling me to understand with what has been going on at the Jets in recent years is the lack of opportunities provided to young Kale Bradbery.

The kid by counts has scored 60 or so goals in about 60 or so games in the last 2 years at NBN and NYL level. The kid is obviously able to play and has been successful at these levels. In the first season the Jets played in the NBN level which you took over coaching half way through Kale scored 20 goals and was more than holding his own in the company of the likes of Virgili Hoole Gallaway Chapman Pepper. I find it absolutely baffling these players have since had many opportunities in the HAL and Kale has still been doing this business in the NBN and NYL sides and still can't get a look in

Considering his obvious ability at finishing chances and what can only be described as issues with goal scoring in the HAL side why has he had no opportunity?? Logic suggests he can't do any worse than the rest of our goal shy players

Also the club constantly spruiks the mantra of promoting youth and promoting locals and to me the lack of opportunities to young Kale flies in the face of this.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks MFKS

My question to Clacka on the Jets Insider

Can't ****ing wait for his response

The Dunster
30-01-2014, 02:10 AM
Petrovski was our leading goal scorer and yet he got the ass and Bridges stayed.

So if being the leading goal scorer at A-league level for the jets is not good enough to get you a start before Bridges - then I'd say a NYL player such as Kale, regardless of goals scored will have next to no chance.

MFKS
03-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Griff Out
Heskey Back issues

Kale IN

stopper2
03-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Griff Out
Heskey Back issues

Kale IN

+1

Thomas477
03-02-2014, 11:26 PM
Griff Out
Heskey Back issues

Kale IN

Honestly, why the **** not? Kale and Ward up front.

MFKS
03-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Honestly, why the **** not? Kale and Ward up front.

I suppose the obvious question is where is Son of Griff aka the bloke who scored both goals in last outing in this equation??

militiamon
03-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Hail Kale!

Retro Jet
04-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Good Day Clayton.

Firstly congratulations on your recent promotion

One thing that has really been troubling me to understand with what has been going on at the Jets in recent years is the lack of opportunities provided to young Kale Bradbery.

The kid by counts has scored 60 or so goals in about 60 or so games in the last 2 years at NBN and NYL level. The kid is obviously able to play and has been successful at these levels. In the first season the Jets played in the NBN level which you took over coaching half way through Kale scored 20 goals and was more than holding his own in the company of the likes of Virgili Hoole Gallaway Chapman Pepper. I find it absolutely baffling these players have since had many opportunities in the HAL and Kale has still been doing this business in the NBN and NYL sides and still can't get a look in

Considering his obvious ability at finishing chances and what can only be described as issues with goal scoring in the HAL side why has he had no opportunity?? Logic suggests he can't do any worse than the rest of our goal shy players

Also the club constantly spruiks the mantra of promoting youth and promoting locals and to me the lack of opportunities to young Kale flies in the face of this.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks MFKS

Won't get a look in. Probably screened by Bridges first...

seldom
04-02-2014, 01:22 AM
Was actually told last week by someone involved in the coaching staff that he was training with the 1sts and would be named in the squad ahead of Virgili. Unfortunately it wasnt Zane or Bridges. Surely he must be close to being named.

My2BobsWorth
04-02-2014, 05:48 PM

You'll get the standard response. Why would they give you information on a development player, you're a nobody

MFKS
04-02-2014, 06:29 PM
You'll get the standard response. Why would they give you information on a development player, you're a nobody

That is what I hope to get.

I would actually be more irritated if they actually didn't give me the standard straight bat dribble and actually honestly gave their opinion on Kales strengths and weaknesses. Discussing that on a public forum with supporters is a definite no no but with the Jets anything is possible.

Not that I wouldn't be interested in what they had to say though

Grimario
06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Thrown my weight behind Kale B on FB. Can't wait to see which Bridges loving trolls debate it.

MFKS
06-02-2014, 04:44 PM
Thrown my weight behind Kale B on FB. Can't wait to see which Bridges loving trolls debate it.

Thanks for the warning I won't fall for that trap AGAIN :whistling:

Grimario
06-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the warning I won't fall for that trap AGAIN :whistling:

No mate, I am fully behind your Kale for president movement or whatever it is. Last time I was really just trolling you and got a bite, was so happy :lulz:

MFKS
08-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Another game another well taken goal.

Didn't get the most ball tonight but thought the blokes workrate off the ball was very good. Done a hell of a lot of donkey work which isn't really his strong point. Type of thing that some may see as an area holding him up from the HAL

Love the flare being ripped after he scored.

No Kale No Pyro

Jeterpool
08-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Score?

MFKS
08-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Score?

4-2 Jets see NYL thread

militiamon
08-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Bridges and co. on notice tomorrow.
Bring the boy in.

BodyNovo
09-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Gibbs over kale FMD

How do we get this going

#freekale or #memberdemandskale

MFKS
09-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Gibbs over kale FMD

How do we get this going

This initiative to pick Kale is not just for myself but for anyone who wants in. Join the bandwagon

Pico
09-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Gibbs over kale FMD

How do we get this going

I'll be honest the first thing I thought was Gibbs over bridges, when you have the super sub, knocking down the door for game time, EPL super star No. 10 Bridges on the bench & coaching staff. clearly bridges strategy is keeping kale out and gibbs in so he can try and make himself look good.

MFKS
09-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I'll be honest the first thing I thought was Gibbs over bridges, when you have the super sub, knocking down the door for game time, EPL super star No. 10 Bridges on the bench & coaching staff. clearly bridges strategy is keeping kale out and gibbs in so he can try and make himself look good.

That's all good in theory but putting himself on tends to achieve nothing more than a solid shattering of that ****ing illusion.

BodyNovo
09-02-2014, 09:44 PM
#freekale

militiamon
09-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Give him a run ffs.
It's almost at the point where it's impossible for us to be worse.

MFKS
10-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Zane hinted at big changes in personnel in his after game presser.

Maybe the campaign is about to see the light of day

Hunter403
10-02-2014, 07:48 AM
You can fap on about Kale all you like it won't make any difference. We could have Rooney, Suarez or RVP and it would make no difference. How many time did Wellington present the ball to the feet of their forward men in good positions and how often do we do it? We are shite in the front 3rd. Our service to our strikers is pathetic. Imagine how many goals Taggert would have if he got reasonable service? By all means give Brabury a go but it will make no difference.

joel31
10-02-2014, 12:05 PM
What is Kale's workrate like? Is he the type of player who will be fired up and give 110% for newy?

Grimario
10-02-2014, 12:15 PM
What is Kale's workrate like? Is he the type of player who will be fired up and give 110% for newy?

I think the Honorable Member for Kale Starting has suggested that his workrate might be lacking at times, didn't do enough off the ball work... but then said he ran himself to exhaustion on the weekend with off the ball work, so that might be something that the naysayers point out about him not being able to make the step up.

Or something like that.

MFKS
10-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I think the Honorable Member for Kale Starting has suggested that his workrate might be lacking at times, didn't do enough off the ball work... but then said he ran himself to exhaustion on the weekend with off the ball work, so that might be something that the naysayers point out about him not being able to make the step up.

Or something like that.

I wouldn't say he ran himself to exhaustion at the weekend. Just noticed he stepped this aspect of the game up big time and put in a stellar effort well above his normal levels in this regard. Either someone at the club has said something to him or he is an avid reader of the Foz and has taken my opinion on board.

(IF SO TODAYS WISDOM TO KALE IS BE MORE LIKE GRIFF)

Why wouldn't he give 110% for Newy??

joel31
10-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Why wouldn't he give 110% for Newy??
most of the first team don't give a crap

MFKS
10-02-2014, 12:31 PM
most of the first team don't give a crap
That's another reason why he should be given a run.

Well in

cobra23
11-02-2014, 02:05 PM
MFKS

Quick alert, kale is getting mentions on the state league trials thread

MFKS
11-02-2014, 02:10 PM
MFKS

Quick alert, kale is getting mentions on the state league trials thread
Seen It

:trolls:

militiamon
16-02-2014, 01:50 PM
As per the youth league thread (and Kale bagging another goal and assist):

Good to see NBN last night actually show the goals and some highlights from this game. Kale looked to be in fine form, a goal plus an assist and also hit the woodwork.
Really is criminal that a has-been is taking up a spot on the bench for the A-League every week and coming in with no impact just to showcase a few tricks and flicks to fuel his own ego while our best Youth player's development is put on hold.

What a fxxxing disgrace if a local product who kills it at youth level for 3 years is not even given one kick of the football at a senior level. Good luck to any young strikers hoping to make it through our youth system, even if you score a squillion goals you have no chance of getting a look in over the 35 year old bloke who has done fxxx-all for us and is about to retire.

I don't really give a shit about this step up from youth league garbage, just play him you idiots.

seldom
16-02-2014, 02:32 PM
As per the youth league thread (and Kale bagging another goal and assist):

What a fxxxing disgrace if a local product who kills it at youth level for 3 years is not even given one kick of the football at a senior level. Good luck to any young strikers hoping to make it through our youth system, even if you score a squillion goals you have no chance of getting a look in over the 35 year old bloke who has done fxxx-all for us and is about to retire.

I don't really give a shit about this step up from youth league garbage, just play him you idiots.

Your deadset right...how do they know if he can step up if hes not given the chance.Would be a disc race if he goes to another club or worse still goes back to NBN without at least given the opportunity.

Deans out!
Bridges out!

Thomas477
16-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Last I looked there were 3 other spots available on huge bench. Gibbs seems to be more of a waste than Bridges is, plus he's a coastie!

Pico
16-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Gibbs has scored, bridges has… ?

stopper2
16-02-2014, 06:06 PM
On the Herald website article "Young Jets let Victory slip", Ivan_ovic let's rip with some good comments regarding Youth players being snubbed this season and in particular the treatment of Kale

Thomas477
16-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Gibbs has scored, bridges has… ?

Bridges has scored for us in the past as well. What has Gibbs done since then? Why is a coastie getting game time ahead of Kale?

Pico
16-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Bridges has scored for us in the past as well. What has Gibbs done since then? Why is a coastie getting game time ahead of Kale?

You're probably right we should drop the guy currently scoring for us and leave a bloke in the hope he might find some 3year old form.

Thomas477
16-02-2014, 07:26 PM
You're probably right we should drop the guy currently scoring for us and leave a bloke in the hope he might find some 3year old form.

What, instead of the 3 month old form?

Besides, we're up now, so we need bridges to raz in the corner :gent:

Pico
16-02-2014, 08:06 PM
I'll have to admit I do prefer current form over past form, its why it frustrates the hell out of me that someone like kale is ignored whilst bridges gets his spot every week.

Thomas477
16-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Gibbs has done nothing in the past few games. He was lazy out there today, and didn't offer anything last week.

My point is, Bridges offers a bit of creativity (when his passes go to feet), while what does Gibbs offer again?

Having a bench of BK, defender, midfielder, Kale, and Bridges offers more diversity than Gibbs and Kale would.

But it's a moot point with Hoole, God and Carney all available next week.

Hunter403
16-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Gibbs is out of his depth. So is Oxborrow. Christ, give Kale a go just to shut up his fan boys! They are even worse than Bridges fan boys and haters.

halo se7en
17-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Gibbs is out of his depth. So is Oxborrow. Christ, give Kale a go just to shut up his fan boys! They are even worse than Bridges fan boys and haters.

Doesn't that cover basically everyone?

russjaybee
17-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Believe it or not halo not everything is black and white :P

militiamon
17-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Doesn't that cover basically everyone?

There are also the worst people of all, the Bridges moderates.

stopper2
23-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Another step forward for Kale yesterday, great to see him at least warming up with the squad before the SFC game last night as a back-up I presume.
Surely when the NYL finishes up next week he should be getting some game-time, especially if the miss-firing in front of goal continues in the next couple of games.

MFKS
23-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Another step forward for Kale yesterday, great to see him at least warming up with the squad before the SFC game last night as a back-up I presume.
Surely when the NYL finishes up next week he should be getting some game-time, especially if the miss-firing in front of goal continues in the next couple of games.

I get to the game just on KO and miss that??

FFS

militiamon
23-02-2014, 10:51 PM
:yap:

BN was telling me after the game that he saw Kale warming up as well, and supposedly scored an absolute peach in the warm up. He hoped that you saw it MFKS, seems like you missed out :(

Kaolin!

http://www.perpis.com/images/dep_kaolin.jpg

hawk
23-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Kale would be best served staying away from the current mob

MFKS
01-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Righto who is responsible for banging Kale's drum in the Twitter Feed ???:sup: :lulzturtle:

Another Goal and the assist for Chapman with a great lay off from the 1-2 to create the chance

KALE IN FARKERS

Pico
01-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Kale in.......another a-league squad next season, can't see him getting a run here any time soon and he'll be too old for his usual youth/nbn slot, the club will have to find another regular goal scorer who's happy to never get a chance in the senior team but willing to play year round youth, must be plenty of those of around.

joel31
16-03-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2151774/lambton-squeeze-kale-bradbery-inside-points-cap/?cs=306
I think this mean hes gone for good

militiamon
16-03-2014, 08:07 PM
fxxxing disgrace

MFKS
16-03-2014, 10:03 PM
MIDDLEBY OUT
DEANS OUT
ZANE OUT
GVE OUT

****ing disgrace.

Can't afford to be trialling kids as we are trying to make the top 6 yet have been trialling kids for the last 2 years and one of the blokes doing the business doesn't ever get a look in.

These idiots running our club have NFI

Thomas477
16-03-2014, 10:23 PM
These idiots running our club have NFI

Paging captain obvious.

Pico
16-03-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm just glad the member is still posting after I read that the other day I held fears for possible self harm.

Thomas477
16-03-2014, 10:57 PM
There's also a positive to this, it's proof the Jaffas will be fitting under the cap.

hawk
16-03-2014, 10:58 PM
The pacy Bradbery went to the Jets from Broadmeadow, and Magic had hoped to regain the prolific scorer, but he signed with the Jaffas on Thursday and will start training with them on Tuesday.
ooh, foreverred will be loving this, mfks spewin and this is just another junior who has wasted his time trying to get into top squad.

judge
16-03-2014, 11:32 PM
ooh, foreverred will be loving this, mfks spewin and this is just another junior who has wasted his time trying to get into top squad.

believe you've misspelt this should be forever "der", questions the kids loyalty, what no one has ever left southy, some of the kids best moments have been at southy, "der" must have missed them, what has he done to deserve a decent contract at state league level, highest goal scorer for the jets, leading goal scorer state league & national youth league same season, before you slander a kid "der" maybe you should get the full story

hawk
16-03-2014, 11:52 PM
believe you've misspelt this should be forever "der", questions the kids loyalty, what no one has ever left southy, some of the kids best moments have been at southy, "der" must have missed them, what has he done to deserve a decent contract at state league level, highest goal scorer for the jets, leading goal scorer state league & national youth league same season, before you slander a kid "der" maybe you should get the full story

full story? whole situation is disappointing, seeing another newy hopeful not making it to the top league (not given a chance in this case). as for slander i didnt see it but your xtra chromo did. doyyyy. Also, i hope Kale scores a hatty in the gf then gets a top contract.

snake
17-03-2014, 12:52 AM
disc race, and yet places given to foreigners like oxbor, chap, birraz, gibblets etc

taggz and brillz excepted, as they are mad dogs

Grimario
17-03-2014, 08:00 AM
What's the point of waxing lyrical about an Emerging Jets program when the top performer in the youth league over the last few seasons can't even get a look in on the bench? A proper pathway for anyone in NNSW looks like Emerging Jets, Jets NYL + NBN then **** off to another A-League club because useless ****ing journeymen like Bridges or squad depth turds like Gibbs will surely be taking up any spots a local player might ever hope to be in.

**** the Jets, useless ****ing football club.

Forza Adelaide!

pv4
17-03-2014, 09:01 AM
We've got a HAL side that has got a golden boot hopeful, a world-known international marquee, and a god playing out of position. What chance does Kale have of getting his shot in the senior side right now? Also don't forget Gibbs has had about 2 appearances for 1 goal (is that right?), so even he would feel warranted a shot.

IMO as long as the Jerks look after Kale, keep tabs on him, etc - there's no rush to sign him up to the senior squad (when/if they're ready to do so). Whether he plays for the Jerks youth or Lambton, he's going to spend the entire HAL off season playing NBN. If he was signed to a Jerks senior contract, it'd probably be more difficult to sign him up for NBN. Letting Kale earn $500+ (whatever it is) a week at Jaffas as opposed to the $50 a week with the Youth would probably keep Kale pretty happy, and he knows it's up to him to retain his form to prove for next HAL season that he's worthy of a contract.

Grimario
17-03-2014, 09:06 AM
We know you love Gibbs but seriously, what does he offer that Kale couldn't? At least Kale isn't a gypo.

pv4
17-03-2014, 09:30 AM
We know you love Gibbs but seriously, what does he offer that Kale couldn't? At least Kale isn't a gypo.

Senior HAL experience

A HAL grand final winners medal

A current (I believe) ratio of a goal every 2 games for the senior team

A current HAL contract

(subjective) a better physicality/body for pro football

(subjective) more versatility in field position than Kale

Grimario
17-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Yep, massive 23 games of experience and has been honking in almost all of them.
Yep - so does Hearfield. What's your point exactly?
3 goals in 23 games senior games. Amazing.
Yep, should never have had one with us. Some local talent option we are.

He's your gypo mate, that's fine but to suggest that he is even remotely a better 7th choice option is ludicrous. Kale on peanuts >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gypo on books at all.

GazFish35
17-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Yep, massive 23 games of experience and has been honking in almost all of them.
Yep - so does Hearfield. What's your point exactly?
3 goals in 23 games senior games. Amazing.
Yep, should never have had one with us. Some local talent option we are.

He's your gypo mate, that's fine but to suggest that he is even remotely a better 7th choice option is ludicrous. Kale on peanuts >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gypo on books at all.

agreed.

all our squadies should be locals.

ffs all our squad should be locals except for Griff and Kew

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Sounds like your kales sister😄😄

plague
17-03-2014, 12:13 PM

"you're"

Grimario
17-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Is his sister Chinese? Thought maybe they named her Wombok.

judge
17-03-2014, 01:09 PM

next time you look out a car window mate I'll be the one on the other side

Grimario
17-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Are you the one at the traffic lights trying to wash my windscreen? If so, I hate you. It's a work car, I don't give a shit how filthy it is, stop trying to con $2 from me.

The Dunster
17-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Senior HAL experience

A HAL grand final winners medal

A current (I believe) ratio of a goal every 2 games for the senior team

A current HAL contract

(subjective) a better physicality/body for pro football

(subjective) more versatility in field position than Kale

I actually agree with PV4 on all points.
I wanted to hate Gibbs but after seeing him in action a few times in the NYL I realised he's actually pretty good.

Grimario
17-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Really???

How can we accuse the club of being a shambles if our own fans think an average gypo is a better squad option as a 5th (or even lower) choice option than a local product?

FFS.

russjaybee
17-03-2014, 01:54 PM
In my opinion it shouldn't necessarily matter that much where you come from, the better player in the squad should get the run. YES if the players are dead set equal then giving the local talent is the way to go, but in this case they are not.

Both of these options (Kale and Gibbs) should be in front of the likes of Bridges whom should not be getting anywhere near the squad these days. We already have one ageing Englishman in the forward pack.

Grimario
17-03-2014, 01:58 PM
When the club goes on about the Jets being a pathway for local footballers, it sure as hell should matter if you are local or not. Congrats Kale on completing your pathway to NBN football.

plague
17-03-2014, 02:03 PM
How can we accuse the club of being a shambles if our own fans think an average gypo is a better squad option as a 5th (or even lower) choice option than a local product?

It's pretty easy actually.
Just close your eyes and think of Middleby, the venom will flow from there.

Grimario
17-03-2014, 02:07 PM
It's pretty easy actually.
Just close your eyes and think of Middleby, the venom will flow from there.

:banghead:

Thought maybe being a local he might give a shit about the derby. Thought the same about Zane. Club is ****ed. Adelaide is more Newy with Boogard and Tarek in it and one of them isn't even Newy.

ForeverRed
17-03-2014, 02:50 PM
next time you look out a car window mate I'll be the one on the other side
Now I'm totally confused

MFKS
17-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Now the things I find most baffling about this is the Jets moves on this.

First up they tried getting Kale in as the "Mentor" role in the Jets NBN side. Why would you do that if you seen no future for him at the club??

Then when Northern knocked that idea back they purge him and then comment in the paper that at this time they have no interest in Kale??

Wouldn't it be the normal thing to release him and make no effort to keep him involved??

Seems rather inconsistent in their approach.

What I also find baffling is the coaching staff commenting on a Yoof team player being cut. 100 plus kids get cut each season from HAL Yoof teams and none of the ****ers have the club commenting on them. What the **** are these blokes doing commenting on the decision to release a player that they feel isn't good enough otherwise they would play him or give a contract??

The handling of this is bizarre even from the jokers who run our club.

On another note I would also like to point out that the same blokes who have made the decision to cut him are also the same blokes who as coaches have obviously failed in harnessing his talents to get him from the yoof team to the first team. The bloke has the talent/ability yet these clowns think he can't cut it yet pick a bloke by the name of Gallaway every week

GO FAAARRKKKING FIGURE

stopper2
18-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Quote from MFKS: "On another note I would also like to point out that the same blokes who have made the decision to cut him are also the same blokes who as coaches have obviously failed in harnessing his talents to get him from the yoof team to the first team. The bloke has the talent/ability yet these clowns think he can't cut it yet pick a bloke by the name of Gallaway every week"
^^^
100% correct!!!

Virgili wasn't quite 17 when he was given a run a few years back, we've had other players like Rooney, Naidovski and Pinto (who would forget that cameo), Hoffman and Brodie Mooy all been given some game-time while they were Youth players in the senior team. Some of these went on to sign senior contacts but have faded away, Virgili is still a fringe player while Hoffman seems to have had a break-out year with the Heart and finally established himself. In recent years we've seen the likes of Regan, Pepper, Gallaway and Hoole promoted from the Youth team and all go on to sign Senior contracts.
I am just completely baffled as to why Kale wasn't even given a run off the bench when I look at some of those names I have mentioned and recall just how average some of them were, even at Youth level yet were signed on for Senior contracts.
I am just completely baffled!

On another note I will also add that there is currently a lad in the Roar Youth side who was in the Northern NSWIS program for 2 years but was overlooked by Zane and Pascoe at the end of 2012. Interesting that Mulvey has not been afraid to give teenagers a run this season in the A-League and are still heading for the Premiers Plate while we are fearful of "experimenting" with young blood and we are still likely to miss the Top 6

plague
18-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Great post Stopper2.
Raises a good point about GVE's man management. Did Pinto or Mooy ever cock up as bad as Birazz did the other night (or on other occasions in the last few weeks?).
Yet Birazz will be given more chances whilst Mooy and Pinto were turfed, and kids like Kale can't even get a chance.

Remember, this is the same bloke that is going to be in charge of a whole generation of kids from our region.
Good luck with all that.

q-money
18-03-2014, 05:56 PM
I am just completely baffled as to why Kale wasn't even given a run off the bench when I look at some of those names I have mentioned and recall just how average some of them were, even at Youth level yet were signed on for Senior contracts.

da truth!

such a legit disc race.

hawk
18-03-2014, 07:06 PM
When the club goes on about the Jets being a pathway for local footballers, it sure as hell should matter if you are local or not. Congrats Kale on completing your pathway to NBN football.

fking lolz. thread and jets doing my head in. opinions flipping out in all directions. 5 star :rof:

militiamon
07-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Alright alright, now that the whole coaching rubbish has been sorted it's time to get the foz back on track.
Phil Stubbins, I hope you have pen and paper ready when you read this, because I'm about to drop some truth bombs :sparring:

Listen up, these are the facts:

- Taggart is a very good chance of leaving before he kicks a ball next season
- Heskey has gone :blush:
- Gibbs has gone :pissup:
- Bridges has retired :violin:
- Griff is off-contract :banghead:

If this all pans out we have exactly NO strikers on our books.
Not even a shitty one.

So this is the plan:

1. Re-sign Griff. F. F. S.
2. Sign up Kale as the youngster to replace Gibbs (he has scored a squillion goals for the youth team and it's a disgrace that he wasn't offered a senior contract)
3. Sign up 1-2 other gun strikers (take a gamble on a foreigner perhaps)

Got all that? Good.
Oh and could you maybe wear different shoes next time? I feel like they didn't go very well with your suit.

Thanks,
militia :popcorn:

MFKS
07-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Was he wearing those brown clogs he was wearing last night??

Thought they looked quite dapper for an old bloke:lol:

hawk
08-05-2014, 12:52 AM
Hoffman seems to have had a break-out year with the Heart and finally established himself.

http://teenmomtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16.jpg

joel31
09-05-2014, 05:37 PM
make it happen phil

militiamon
19-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Kale suppliers say rapid rise of vegetable's popularity is leading to worldwide shortage

One of the world's major kale seed suppliers says it has run out of every variety of the trendy vegetable.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-19/rapid-rise-of-kale-catches-seed-suppliers-out/5608948

Member, please explain yourself.

Jeterpool
19-07-2014, 02:14 PM

With Maj out injured too, this could be a problem.

MFKS
19-07-2014, 06:29 PM

My garden is in full bloom:lulz:

Grimario
19-07-2014, 07:11 PM
My garden is in full bloom:lulz:

Not surprised you've been planting kale seed everywhere.