PDA

View Full Version : 2014 State League Trial games

wannabe
30-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Anyone know of any trial games coming up. Valo v Olympic ,sun Feb 9 at valo junior ground. All 3 grades

Mahk
30-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Hunter Simba FC (Zone 3) is interested in hosting any trial games. Please contact me, Mark Piggott. Email: crazypiggott@hotmail.com, ATT trial games ("Crazy" is a Rugby nickname from Wanderers if anyone was wondering).

Our preferred setup is 2 games in a row (same day) in the same style as the league (Secondary team and Primary team aka reserves then 1sts). We can also play against two individual teams from different/same clubs.

ForeverRed
31-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Peter gallagher shield, Gunners v wallsend, Sunday 2nd feb the gardens
Gunners v magic sun feb 9, wanderers

seldom
31-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Peter gallagher shield, Gunners v wallsend, Sunday 2nd feb the gardens
Gunners v magic sun feb 9, wanderers

Times please FR

ForeverRed
31-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Times please FR

11, 1 & 3

seldom
01-02-2014, 02:03 AM
cheers

ForeverRed
02-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Wallsend have won the first Peter Gallagher shield played for by south Cardiff and wallsend, 19s was a draw Southy won reserves and wallsend won first grade, great day out with games played in good spirit, Peter would have been proud.

wannabe
02-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Wallsend have won the first Peter Gallagher shield played for by south Cardiff and wallsend, 19s was a draw Southy won reserves and wallsend won first grade, great day out with games played in good spirit, Peter would have been proud.

Any scores forever red

Jardelsimage
02-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Any scores forever red
did they play southy 1st grade or 23's???????

wannabe
02-02-2014, 08:10 PM
did they play southy 1st grade or 23's???????

Just heard wallsend won 3-2. Sought had a few out apparently,no gazzard, waters,wilesmith but still had plenty of 1st grade players playing including both Johnson brothers and Mitch wallace. Only a trial but apparently walls end did well especially plating last 25 with 10 men after a send off

amishpanda
02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Wallsend 3rds v Southy U19's
2 - 2.
Southy botched a few easy chances, and on most other days would have taken it.

Wallsend res v Southy U22's
1 - 4
Southy ran away with it in the second half.

Wallsend 1st v Southy 1st(ish)
3 - 2
Couple of decent goals in the fixture. Wallsend down to 10 after 70th minute.

Drunken ranger
02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
How many did lumberjack score

amishpanda
02-02-2014, 08:33 PM
He and bobby went close a number of times, but neither could quite get one away.

ForeverRed
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM
The day was to celebrate a champion bloke, scores and who played are insignificant , yeah the gunners lost but it was a nothing game result wise, like I said , gal would have been proud

seldom
03-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Dont normally get send offs in these type of games...must have been bad ?

amishpanda
03-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Not bad really. Silly.
Ref called a few howlers, both ways mind you, and he took particular offence and went off his tree.

eggball convert
03-02-2014, 07:28 AM
There certainly were some bombs scored in the '1st' grade game. That send off was for inappropriate language towards another player, has no place in a normal game let alone a charity match. And yes the ref maybe made a few mistakes hehe

Eleganceisirrelevant
03-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Very harsh to say it has no place in the game when that was going on a lot more than most think during that football match, more a matter of the moment and the excitement got to a few people I think.

All in all good results for wallsend and they will be strong this year, and was an amazing day for a great man!

Thankyou heaps to all the Southy boys for coming back to the lemon grove that means more than most would know .

eggball convert
03-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Very harsh to say it has no place in the game when that was going on a lot more than most think during that football match, more a matter of the moment and the excitement got to a few people I think.

There was plenty of banter (swearing) between both opposition players and team mates but the incident in question was not a simple case of swearing at another player.

amishpanda
03-02-2014, 01:01 PM
There was plenty of banter (swearing) between both opposition players and team mates but the incident in question was not a simple case of swearing at another player.

Probably, but it was an isolated incident amongst what was otherwise a successful day, in respect of a good dude and for a good cause.

In line with what FR has said, I think we can leave it at that lads.

Imyourhero
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Heard Weston vs Gladesville Spirit fc yesterday.
18s 1-1
22s 1-1
1sts 2-1 Weston

Mahk
03-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Hunter Simba ZL3 hosting Merewether ZL2

9th March, No.2 Oval Maitland Rd Tighes Hill.

Reserves kickoff 2pm
1sts kickoff 3:35pm

lafootball
04-02-2014, 05:41 PM
A great day was had on Sunday for the first Gallagher Shield. Big thanks to South Cardiff for getting involved, I'm sure next year will be successful at your home ground. Lot's of money was raised and we remembered a great bloke in Peter Gallagher.

NewFM 2014
06-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Anyone know of any other trial games taking place over next few days ? would not mind taking in a game or two this weekend.

Premy
06-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Anyone know of any other games taking place over next few days ? would not mind taking in a game or two this weekend.
5pm Hunter Stadium give it a try.

Sideline
06-02-2014, 05:23 PM
i heard Adamstown are playing thornton tonight at 6pm Adamstown oval

Imyourhero
06-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Maitland vs Singleton Saturday @ Cooks Square however unaware of times.

ForeverRed
06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
South Cardiff v Broadmeadow, Sunday at Broadmeadow, 3 grades 10.30 start

wannabe
06-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Valo v Olympic Sunday at call junior grounds..19s@12pm. 22s @1.30pm . 1st grade @3.15pm

late_to_the_game
06-02-2014, 09:10 PM
i heard Adamstown are playing thornton tonight at 6pm Adamstown oval

Adamstown won 3-0 (I was told, only saw the last ten minutes)

seldom
06-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Adamstown won 3-0 (I was told, only saw the last ten minutes)

late to the game ?

TXK
06-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Adamstown vs. Thornton
1st: 3-1 Buds
22's: 3-0 Buds

NewFM 2014
07-02-2014, 09:54 AM
5pm Hunter Stadium give it a try.

WHY !! what state league trial game is taking place there ? given my question was placed on a state league forum and not a jets one ... funny guy - Boom Boom :-)

Premy
07-02-2014, 10:32 AM
would not mind taking in a game or two this weekend.You say you wouldn't mind taking in a game I offered you a option. Not trying to be one bit funny.

NewFM 2014
07-02-2014, 10:49 AM
You say you wouldn't mind taking in a game I offered you a option. Not trying to be one bit funny.

Cool , sure you were'nt ... :-) Thanks for the update that Jets are at home this weekend.

fresh
08-02-2014, 03:07 PM
2-1 maitland vs kahibah

1-1 maitland Kahibah.

No idea what sqauds were in each game

JCBT
08-02-2014, 05:59 PM
2-1 maitland vs kahibah

1-1 maitland Kahibah.

No idea what sqauds were in each game
Not much of an indication as Maitland had a number of the senior squad unavailable. It does show that Kahiba should be a strong club in their division as they have only been training for a week.

boz-monaut
08-02-2014, 06:57 PM
West Wallsend played Cooks Hill United today

Scores were
3rd WW 1 CHU 5
Res WW 2 CHU 4
1st WW 0 CHU 3

namwob99
08-02-2014, 07:25 PM
West Wallsend played Cooks Hill United today

Scores were
3rd WW 1 CHU 5
Res WW 2 CHU 4
1st WW 0 CHU 3

How do you read this? Good result for cookers or embarrassing for westy?

EH9
08-02-2014, 08:33 PM

Both

fresh
08-02-2014, 09:21 PM

how are people even suprised about this.

Nbn > zpl > newfm is the current order of leagues. People have them mixed up.

ForeverRed
08-02-2014, 09:32 PM
It's the 8th February, no one really cares for results,

namwob99
08-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Lol yeah right.

Playitonthedeck
08-02-2014, 09:56 PM
This is true but must be some worrying signs for westy being touched up so heavy early on? Have they lost a lot of there squad does any one know

seldom
09-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Actually thought trials were for working on shape and a bit of fitness didnt realise so much was at stake

ForeverRed
09-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Gunners 2 magic 3, 19s draw, 22s 3.1 gunners, no report didn't go

magician
09-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Olympic 5 valo 0
Hodgo 2,swan 2, monie

wannabe
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM
OLYMPIC v VALENTINE
1st 5-0
22s 2-0
19s 0-0
Good games played in sweltering conditions

MFKS
09-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Anything on next weekend??

late_to_the_game
09-02-2014, 10:50 PM
OLYMPIC v VALENTINE
1st 5-0
22s 2-0
19s 0-0
Good games played in sweltering conditions

Valentine U19's keeper man of the match!

Imyourhero
10-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Anything on next weekend??

I believe Olympic play Weston on Saturday, unsure of times though.

Beast
10-02-2014, 09:17 AM
West Wallsend play Southy, think this is on Saturday

NewFM 2014
10-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Hamilton looked real slick - did not see the whole game but what I did see it could be a good year for Olympic.

Looked like they had a very young team as well. Not sure how to judge Valo on the performance but looks like retained most of teh squad from last year which is positive.

The General
10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Hamilton looked real slick - did not see the whole game but what I did see it could be a good year for Olympic.

Looked like they had a very young team as well. Not sure how to judge Valo on the performance but looks like retained most of teh squad from last year which is positive.

I was at the game as well and was really impressed with the performance of Hamilton - even though it is early. I think Valo will do much better in the New FM, its not going to be the walk in the park for Maitland some people are expecting. Any reports on the Magic v South Cardiff game. I heard Southy Cardiff looked quite good against a decent magic outfit.

NewFM 2014
10-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I was at the game as well and was really impressed with the performance of Hamilton - even though it is early. I think Valo will do much better in the New FM, its not going to be the walk in the park for Maitland some people are expecting. Any reports on the Magic v South Cardiff game. I heard Southy Cardiff looked quite good against a decent magic outfit.

Agreed General - Hamilton impressive , is still pre season mind. I think Valo will be favourites for new fm. All that NBN experience will be vital . Who do Maitland have with that type of experience ?

Not saying Valo will win it just that i think they are favourites.

Anyone watch Magic yesterday - heard they looked good also.

The Magician
10-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Magic Vs South Cardiff

First Grade 3-2 Win to Magic... Tough conditions, a very hot day at Magic Park... Southy without Brad Waters. Magic started game with Jon Griff, Piddo, Pettit, bowlo on bench for first half... Southy Scored first; penalty. Magic replied though another penalty, jarrad johnson playing central defence industrial in his challenge on Rhys Tippet. 1-1. Some good play from both sides let down by some sloppy passing in the final third. Southy threatened on the counter, safe to say for the majority of the game Magic were in control an camped in Southy's half. Southy played well in the final 25 minutes unlucky to bag a few more. Casciaroli Header makes it 2-1, Southy reply 2-2. Lawrence Foteff scores late on the counter curling it around the advancing keeper with the outside of his foot to cap off some slick passing. 3-2... Full Time... Ice bath readied

Man of match- Hakan Canli, was excellent out wide and up front, Southy keeper did well also to deny a blow out to Magic. Great game played by both teams.

U22's- 2-1 to Southy.
U19's- 1-0 to Magic, poor finishing from Magic should have made the result 6+ to Magic

Beast
10-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Magic Vs South Cardiff

U19's- 1-0 to Magic, poor finishing from Magic should have made the result 6+ to Magic

Watched most of this game while the family were at the camping show. Not sure about your 6+ possible score line didn't think magic had that many realistic shots (but every one sees a game differently). Magic clearly the better team before the drinks break. Only goal was a ricochet in the 6 yard box could of gone any where. With chances missed by both teams, one attempt by southy looked like a choke one on one with the keeper, i was at the other end of the feild so maybe the defender was closer than it looked but thought most players would of put that away. Shot went straight to the keeper, waist height. After the break thought is was a fairly even match. Southys finishing was poorer than magic, although southy did seem to be having plenty of room down the left. While magic passed it up the middle with ease at times. In my opinion magic were the better team. Didn't get to see much of the 22's as i was summoned for collection.

The General
10-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Magic Vs South Cardiff

First Grade 3-2 Win to Magic... Tough conditions, a very hot day at Magic Park... Southy without Brad Waters. Magic started game with Jon Griff, Piddo, Pettit, bowlo on bench for first half... Southy Scored first; penalty. Magic replied though another penalty, jarrad johnson playing central defence industrial in his challenge on Rhys Tippet. 1-1. Some good play from both sides let down by some sloppy passing in the final third. Southy threatened on the counter, safe to say for the majority of the game Magic were in control an camped in Southy's half. Southy played well in the final 25 minutes unlucky to bag a few more. Casciaroli Header makes it 2-1, Southy reply 2-2. Lawrence Foteff scores late on the counter curling it around the advancing keeper with the outside of his foot to cap off some slick passing. 3-2... Full Time... Ice bath readied

Man of match- Hakan Canli, was excellent out wide and up front, Southy keeper did well also to deny a blow out to Magic. Great game played by both teams.

U22's- 2-1 to Southy.

Someone from Olympic mentioned that Murray Fletcher and Kale Bradbury were coming into the Magic squad yesterday. Is this true Magician? With the bench you have there for the first half, who misses out? Chapman has a nice selection headache, 17 high quality first graders at his disposal

magician
10-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Who did Olympic have playing for them

wannabe
10-02-2014, 07:06 PM

Looked like they had a very young team as well. Not sure how to judge Valo on the performance but looks like retained most of teh squad from last year which is positive.lol at this,I would doubt any side with hodgson ,swancott,monie and Poole would ever be referred to as a very young team

NewFM 2014
11-02-2014, 09:24 AM
lol at this,I would doubt any side with hodgson ,swancott,monie and Poole would ever be referred to as a very young team

Fair point - i take that ha ha .... What I guess i meant was that they were playing a lot of young kids as well as these players and thats healthy for a club ...

Hodgo was flying to be fair to him.

cobra23
11-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Someone from Olympic mentioned that Murray Fletcher and Kale Bradbury were coming into the Magic squad yesterday. Is this true Magician? With the bench you have there for the first half, who misses out? Chapman has a nice selection headache, 17 high quality first graders at his disposal

Murray fletcher is back with magic from 2 years overseas, he apparently has a hammy strain so wont be playing for a while,

Kale bradbury will in my opinion not be playing in this league again, will be playing at a higher level

cobra23
11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Fair point - i take that ha ha .... What I guess i meant was that they were playing a lot of young kids as well as these players and thats healthy for a club ...

Hodgo was flying to be fair to him.

what hodgo going around again,
he has been retiring every year for the last 5 years. ha ha

Bremsstrahlung
11-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Kale bradbury will in my opinion not be playing in this league again, will be playing at a higher level

To be fair, if he doesn't get a look in with the senior team this year, and wants to progress further, a move to another club would probably be on the cards. Which would be a big loss, cause frankly, Coming through the NBN 19s/23s/1st grade, imo he was a better player than Hoole + Pepper.

The General
11-02-2014, 11:26 AM
To be fair, if he doesn't get a look in with the senior team this year, and wants to progress further, a move to another club would probably be on the cards. Which would be a big loss, cause frankly, Coming through the NBN 19s/23s/1st grade, imo he was a better player than Hoole + Pepper.

The person I spoke to was very confident of him going back to Magic. Maybe the magician could confirm. Time will tell either way

cobra23
11-02-2014, 01:02 PM
The person I spoke to was very confident of him going back to Magic. Maybe the magician could confirm. Time will tell either way

mate, believe me.
the magician will not tell you any different....
i am a lot closer to this topic than you think

NewFM 2014
11-02-2014, 01:08 PM
mate, believe me.

Lovely player is Kale and although Magic are a great club and would look after him very well , when he leaves Jets you would hope he will have a shot at perhaps Sydney NPL before settling for state league Newcastle again. Perhaps even get a decent agent to shop him about the other clubs in A League ?

The General
11-02-2014, 01:53 PM
mate, believe me.

Point taken

Flint_tropics
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Heard lakes play phoenix this weekend , does anybody know dates and time ?

NewyTy
12-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Broadmeadow v Maitland at Cooks Square Park on Thursday night. U/22's at 6 and 1st grade at 7:30PM. Saw it on Magic's facebook page.

The General
13-02-2014, 12:22 PM
West Wallsend play Southy, think this is on Saturday

What time are these games on Saturday? I might take the kids out for a look...

ForeverRed
13-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Westy be south has been called off last night, no reasons given from westy, I suggest clubs organise to play other teams and stay away from westy, debacle

TXK
13-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Rosebuds vs Edgeworth tonight at A'Town Oval.

Firsts kick-off 6.00pm, 22's after...

Playitonthedeck
13-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Forever red speaking to a mate out there what he says club in all sorts seem to be sinking quicker than concrete could be long year

RANGER09
13-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Forever red speaking to a mate out there what he says club in all sorts seem to be sinking quicker than concrete could be long year

Seems to be an issue for quite a few clubs this season, will be interesting to hear whats happening there.

Playitonthedeck
13-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Seems to be an issue for quite a few clubs this season, will be interesting to hear whats happening there.
Yeah seems to be going down hill quick any one know who's running the club now think the devetaks bailed could see what is coming I guess

wannabe
13-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Any scores from edgy buds or Maitland magic

TXK
13-02-2014, 09:44 PM

1st Grade:
Buds - 3
Edgy - 1

22's;
Buds - 0
Edgy - 1

The General
13-02-2014, 10:07 PM

1st grade - Magic 2 Maitland 1
22's - Maitland 1 Magic 0

JCBT
13-02-2014, 10:52 PM
1st grade - Magic 2 Maitland 1
22's - Maitland 1 Magic 0
Very good game with little separating both sides.
Apparently Magic were very close to full strength and it was Maitland's first game together playing with majority of first graders.
Peter Haynes was clinical in front of goal again but Maitland had more than enough chances to win the game.

pv4
14-02-2014, 09:23 AM
1st Grade:
Buds - 3
Edgy - 1

Nice. Any idea on how full-strength each side was? Who is playing for Edgy nowadays?

cobra23
14-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Watched magic v maitland last night,
Pretty decent game considering how early the year is.
Maitland for what i saw last night will definetly be in NPL next year, im even tipping a an underfeated season!!!
magic had about 5 out but still had classy players to fill in.

NewFM 2014
14-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Maitland for what i saw last night will definetly be in NPL next year, im even tipping a an underfeated season!!!

Great result for buds last night and very confident performance - spoke with someone about Maitland and they said they dominated long spells of the game.

Cobra are you part of the Maitland set up as thats a big call saying an undeafeted season. I was speaking with someone from Maitland at weekend and he said although things going well still loads to do and not a wealth of 1st grade quality if any injuries.

Valo will be strong favourites given wealth of NBN experience in their team.

Perhaps Northern might consider two up this year and no relagation and extend the NBN to 12 teams - might give it a fresh look ?

Football lover
14-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Edgy Played half a ressies side half sides trialist aswell and half the sides where changed edgy had bray smith Pritchard Luke walker Bren hamil cam Hughes on bench for 2nd half don't read into it at all edgy will be strong rumours Karl Dodd will sign in a week or 2 aswell

Football lover
14-02-2014, 11:53 AM
I no this as I play for the club ������

Football lover
14-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Herd westy is a shamble absolute shamble tough times for the bluebells

TXK
14-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Edgy Played half a ressies side half sides trialist aswell and half the sides where changed edgy had bray smith Pritchard Luke walker Bren hamil cam Hughes on bench for 2nd half don't read into it at all edgy will be strong rumours Karl Dodd will sign in a week or 2 aswell

Both clubs were pretty well in the same boat. Buds changed half the team as well and had several players on trial play in both halves.

Good hit out for both clubs at this stage.

Football lover
14-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Exactly no points on offer more about just getting miles in the legs edgy will be strong

Playitonthedeck
14-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Herd westy is a shamble absolute shamble tough times for the bluebells
Getting the feeling that they may go through a similar period wallsend did a few years ago shame for good club hopefully they can muster up something

NewFM 2014
14-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Getting the feeling that they may go through a similar period wallsend did a few years ago shame for good club hopefully they can muster up something

Yep heard likewise. Real shame , great club with proud history and I hope they recover. Just makes NewFM even weaker which is no good for the league.

Unless someone like Belwans can get some consistency like they did tail end of last year then it is going to be yet another two horse race in NewFM.

Been said before but really need to look at restructure of NewFM.

Who is playing trials from NBN this weekend ?

cobra23
14-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Great result for buds last night and very confident performance - spoke with someone about Maitland and they said they dominated long spells of the game.

Cobra are you part of the Maitland set up as thats a big call saying an undeafeted season. I was speaking with someone from Maitland at weekend and he said although things going well still loads to do and not a wealth of 1st grade quality if any injuries.

Valo will be strong favourites given wealth of NBN experience in their team.

Perhaps Northern might consider two up this year and no relagation and extend the NBN to 12 teams - might give it a fresh look ?

Na mate, not part of maitland setup.
and yes i will stand by my BIG call... maitland matched a pretty strong magic line up last night..
And if you read my posts i pretty much like to watch magic play as they are the bench mark in northern nsw..
dont take this to heart, but my opinion i hope i dont see valo go up next year, setup,facilitys and club are a shambles..

Zico
14-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Who was out Cobra23? I was told Tippet wasn't playing but who else didn't make the game?

NewFM 2014
14-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Na mate, not part of maitland setup.
and yes i will stand by my BIG call... maitland matched a pretty strong magic line up last night..
And if you read my posts i pretty much like to watch magic play as they are the bench mark in northern nsw..
dont take this to heart, but my opinion i hope i dont see valo go up next year, setup,facilitys and club are a shambles..

No offence taken mate , all good , should be a good battle between Valo and Maitland.

NewFM 2014
14-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Who was out Cobra23? I was told Tippet wasn't playing but who else didn't make the game?

And also can you name the Maitland team if any please ? I thought they would have all gone to Buds ?

NewFM 2014
14-02-2014, 02:51 PM
sorry to repeat myself but any NBN teams playing local this weekend ?

cobra23
14-02-2014, 03:00 PM
scott pettit , rhys tippett , josh piddington , ben higgins , muzza fletcher

cobra23
14-02-2014, 03:16 PM
And also can you name the Maitland team if any please ? I thought they would have all gone to Buds ?

The players that i know of were.
gk - ben kelly
RB - josh castillo
cB - toohey
LB - corey fletcher
MIDS - sparrow (formerly weston)
CF - ben martin
CF - Roger Dowdell

The rest i dont know there names, but decent players

Moley
14-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Does anyone know of any NBN teams that are playing this weekend?

Imyourhero
14-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Believe weston play olympic tomorrow @ weston

magician
15-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Believe weston play olympic tomorrow @ weston

430 kickoff for 1st grade

ForeverRed
15-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Only organised yesterday, Southy v Thornton at tomago all 3 grades, 19s start at 1pm

ForeverRed
15-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Today

ForeverRed
15-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Gunners v Thornton, 19s gunners 7.1, 22s gunners 2.1, firsts gunners 6.2

Elude
15-02-2014, 11:01 PM
19s was 6-1 to southy and firsts was 6-3 to southy.

Imyourhero
16-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know the score from Weston v Olympic?

The General
16-02-2014, 05:50 PM

Weston 2 v Olympic 2. (Both sides missing numbers)

Valentine 3 v Lakes 3 (Lakes looked to be close to full strength. Valo led 3-0 - Lakes came back well and looked a lot fitter. If that's Lakes best squad, I think they could be in for a long year)

wannabe
16-02-2014, 06:42 PM

WESTON v OLYMPIC
19s 0-0
23s 1-2
1st 2-2
Weston missing mick Ryan and Robbie Turnbull. Olympic missing mason Campbell,Clayton Poole,pat brown and Cody Lucas. Draw a fair result I thought,monie missed a pen for Olympic with about 15 to go,but I thought Weston looked a bit fitter and sharper. Grass on pitch was extremely long ( which is expected this time of year) but ground looks best I have seen it in recent mrmory,.good solid hit out for both sides

TXK
19-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Last night Belswans vs Adamstown:

1sts
Swans - 0
Buds - 4

22's
Swans - 0
Buds - 3

The Magician
19-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Magic Vs Bulli- Magic Park Saturday 1:30pm First Grade

ForeverRed
19-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Gunners v Toronto, tonight, Toronto, 22s and firsts, 6 pm start

Bremsstrahlung
19-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Gunners v Toronto, tonight, Toronto, 22s and firsts, 6 pm start

Will be interesting. Ex-Southy lower grade coaches. Both like to play out and knock the ball around (theoretically - what the players do is another thing).

wannabe
19-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Adamstown v Olympic this sat at adamstown
19s 11am
22s 12.45pm
1st 2.30pm

21-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Magic Vs Bulli- Magic Park Saturday 1:30pm First Grade

Looking forward to this one, got a couple of Nephews running around for Bulli that i don't get to see play that often.

Bulli Ist Grade have a game in the Gong tonight then on bus at 6.00am Sat morning i believe and then the players are heading over to the Jets game to cheer on Rubes carve up the smurfs.

wannabe
22-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Olympic 4-2 Adamstown
Valo 1-0 Jaffas

wannabe
22-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Looking forward to this one, got a couple of Nephews running around for Bulli that i don't get to see play that often.

Bulli Ist Grade have a game in the Gong tonight then on bus at 6.00am Sat morning i believe and then the players are heading over to the Jets game to cheer on Rubes carve up the smurfs.
Any scores ?

22-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Bulli Youth 4 Magic 22's 0
Bulli Ist Grade 2 Magic 0

Not a bad effort from both Bulli sides, Youth played Thur night and as previously mentioned the 1sts played the night before in W/gong.

Zeus
24-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Magic would be disappointed?
Especially if Bulli played the night before as well?
Didn't see the game though.

Saw Adamstown vs Olympic, thought Adamstown looked very good, I wouldn't be writing them off like every one says.
Not sure about Abe Wheelhouse at Centre back though, George Bland next t him will do well.

The Magician
24-02-2014, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=Zeus;68270]Magic would be disappointed?

Disappointed, no? frustrated we didnt convert our chances and let a soft goal in 20 seconds after the start of the second half. Plus considering the second half was played with Casa, Haynes, and Tippet as the defenders, Magic without, Pettit, Bowling, Griffiths, Piddington, Higgins, Kantarovski (2nd Half), the Resies players that come in stepped up well.

Zeus
24-02-2014, 11:35 AM
That's a good effort then Magician
You never know whats involved in trial games or what players are there.
Can never take results from trial games as most coaches will use it to trial new players or players in different positions or see if some young guys can make the step up in to 1sts whilst the result doesn't matter.
I saw Jaffas play Valo and there finishing was poor too. I guess that's what you get this time of the year!
Have Magic played any other trials?

magician
26-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Olympic 5 lakes 1

ForeverRed
26-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Gunners 5 stags 0

wannabe
26-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Any reports magician or foreverred

Imyourhero
26-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Did edgy play weston tonight?

ForeverRed
26-02-2014, 09:23 PM
nah, didnt venture out

Football lover
26-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Did edgy play weston tonight?

Yeh was a draw can't remember score

Football lover
26-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Somebody tell me result of Lambton and maitland? Herd they played ?

Imyourhero
26-02-2014, 11:54 PM
3-1 to lambton

thebeautifulgame
27-02-2014, 02:24 PM
I just spoke to 1of the jaffas boys I know about their game vs maitland on Tuesday night and he said it was a very tough hit out.. he said maitland played well in first half but seemed to run out of steam in 2nd and jaffas class stood out after that .. jaffas played pretty full strength side except Michael sessions was out
he said j Maj scored 2 bombs 1 freek kick and 1 35yard chip over ben Kelly and remington got the other
good hit out for both sides by the sounds of it
good luck to both sides in their respective comps

Zeus
18-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Any trial games planned for this weekend?

ForeverRed
18-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Gunners v bel swans Wednesday night at blacksmiths

Zeus
19-03-2014, 02:37 PM
Gunners v bel swans Wednesday night at blacksmiths

Thanks

ForeverRed
19-03-2014, 09:22 PM
5 nil gunners v belswans 0

The General
20-03-2014, 08:29 AM
5 nil gunners v belswans 0

Any details Sancho?

TXK
20-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Adamstown vs. Jaffas
1sts: 0-0
22's: 3-2 Buds

RANGER09
20-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Adamstown vs. Jaffas
1sts: 0-0
22's: 3-2 Buds

Getting some good results there with the 22's, keep up the good work!

pv4
21-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Getting some good results there with the 22's, keep up the good work!

Well coached

ForeverRed
21-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Who is the 22s coach at the buds

RANGER09
21-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Who is the 22s coach at the buds

Last coached Muswellbrook.

The Magician
22-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Magic Vs Lakes.... Magic Park Sunday, not sure on times

wannabe
22-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Olympic v Edgeworth today
19s 3pm
22s 4.45pm
1st 6.30pm

De-Champ
22-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Olympic v Edgeworth today
19s 3pm
22s 4.45pm
1st 6.30pm
Why would they play a trial game when the jets are playing at the same time?

Thomas477
22-03-2014, 11:33 PM

I have a mate in the 22s wondering the same thing.

Premy
23-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Poor form from Olympic and Edgy, people whine when Northern do it but when Clubs do it nothing?

To me this just opens the door for Northern to schedule games on same time as Jets and point to this game as a example.

The General
23-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Poor form from Olympic and Edgy, people whine when Northern do it but when Clubs do it nothing?

To me this just opens the door for Northern to schedule games on same time as Jets and point to this game as a example.

Couldn't agree more...

For anyone interested, I heard the game finished 2-2.

Imyourhero
23-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Any scores for the other grades?

ForeverRed
23-03-2014, 11:21 AM
First comp game, olympic v south Cardiff . 6. 30, jets play victory at home at 5.30, ridiculous scheduling

immersion
23-03-2014, 11:26 AM
First comp game, olympic v south Cardiff . 6. 30, jets play victory at home at 5.30, ridiculous scheduling

Your right the FFA should strongly consider rescheduling the Jets Vs Victory match.

Zeus
23-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Your right the FFA should strongly consider rescheduling the Jets Vs Victory match.

Pretty sure Forever Red means ridiculous on NNSW Football part, not the FFA!!!!!!!!!!

Premy
23-03-2014, 11:50 AM
:banghead:

immersion
23-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Pretty sure Forever Red means ridiculous on NNSW Football part, not the FFA!!!!!!!!!!

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/70957.jpg

That pic sums up everything perfectly.

Premy
23-03-2014, 12:59 PM

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/70957.jpg

That pic sums up everything perfectly.
Yep some people don't get sarcasm

wannabe
23-03-2014, 03:16 PM

Olympic have applied to northern to have the kick off moved forward to a 2 pm kick off to avoid clashing with the Jets

ForeverRed
23-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Nice, thanks

MFKS
23-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Olympic have applied to northern to have the kick off moved forward to a 2 pm kick off to avoid clashing with the Jets

Being how short sighted Northern can be at times whats the price paying this gets knocked on the head and KO time remains???

The General
23-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Lakes 3 v Magic 2
Suprising Result. Magic were not very good at all. Lakes gave a good account of themselves though. Chapman is under the pump IMO. I have seen them 3 times during preseason and have not been impressed yet.

wannabe
23-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Lakes 3 v Magic 2
Suprising Result. Magic were not very good at all. Lakes gave a good account of themselves though. Chapman is under the pump IMO. I have seen them 3 times during preseason and have not been impressed yet.
Surprising post General. Last week you posted that Magic were a class above Charlestown in the state cup and now your saying you have seen them 3 times and have not been impressed and chapman is under the pump.

Premy
23-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Even more of a Disgrace from Olympic then. Plan a Trial same time as a Jets game, then ask Northern to reschedule a league game because it clashes with a Jets game :banghead:

The General
23-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Surprising post General. Last week you posted that Magic were a class above Charlestown in the state cup and now your saying you have seen them 3 times and have not been impressed and chapman is under the pump.
Valid point. They were a class above Charlestown. I should have been more specific, my apologies. I've seen them play quite badly 3 times. Today the worst I have seen all preseason. I think they have the talent but they seem to be all over the place. I think I was expecting more from Magic, particularly this close to the season starting... That's probably why I feel Chapman is under pressure. I have seen one decent performance in 4. With that squad, I think they could be better.

Imyourhero
23-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Think come actual season games you'll see the boys pull themselves together. When it comes to this competition pre season results are always all over the shop.

The General
23-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Think come actual season games you'll see the boys pull themselves together. When it comes to this competition pre season results are always all over the shop.

That would not suprise me at all. I guess we will see come round 5 where each club is really at.

seldom
24-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Why would a coach be under the pump in preseason ?

The Baby Piglet
24-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Lakes 3 v Magic 2

Are you suggesting general that chapman may do a David Moyes to magic ???

The Baby Piglet
26-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Did anyone see the edgy v southy game last night..... If so any details of the match ???

ForeverRed
26-03-2014, 10:28 AM
4 nil edgy, to good, will be right in it come season end

immersion
26-03-2014, 11:14 AM
4 nil edgy, to good, will be right in it come season end

I dont pay to much attention to frriendly matches. Teams perform much differently in the season.

Were boths teams at full strength?

ForeverRed
26-03-2014, 11:28 AM
No

Zeus
30-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Are there any NPL teams involved in trial games today?

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 11:48 AM
Trials game results are interesting but you should never read too much into them.