PDA

View Full Version : 2015 NPL Youth

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

RevhedfRed
02-05-2015, 11:29 AM
I have a better option, how about some of you know it alls join your clubs committee and then you will realise how big a task and heavy burden on members it is to replay fixtures over 2 or 4 nights and then in some cases have the pitch back in good order for the weekend, trust me, it's not easy
I'm heading down to the ground now with a mop and bucket. Will have all council grounds back up and running in no time. Any spare squeegees can be dropped off at your local pitch.

whataday
03-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Are there any games in this on today?

NewyTy
09-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Today's Results:
Edgeworth v Charlestown (13's: 3-0, 14's: 1-1, 15's: 0-3, 17's: 1-4)
Emerging Jets v Adamstown (13's: 6-3, 14's: 3-6, 15's: 1-2, 17's: 4-0)
Hamilton v Weston (13's: 4-1, 14's: 2-0, 15's: 3-2, 17's: 1-0)

late_to_the_game
09-05-2015, 10:10 PM
First loss for Weston 17s. If Magic have a good day tomorrow they will go equal top.

hamburgler
11-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Magic v Sth Cardiff aggregate score 23-1 to Magic across 4 age groups. Are Magic that good, or are Southy terrible??

GO AWAY
11-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Magic v Sth Cardiff aggregate score 23-1 to Magic across 4 age groups. Are Magic that good, or are Southy terrible??

Southy dont care for their elite juniors, its only development and shouldnt be playing for points, ask FR........

Quare Caeruleum
11-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Veni, vidi, vici - (Julius Salad)

The Northern Defender
11-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Wasn't a good day to be a Jaffa yesterday either.
Northern doing technical reports on the matches does anyone know if these are ever made available? Terrible weather but despite this all sides did their best to play good football.

Why Blue
11-05-2015, 03:43 PM
Veni, vidi, vici - (Julius Salad)

Yes I think it is fair to say that
Certainly based on the results !!!!!

mother theresa
11-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Wasn't a good day to be a Jaffa yesterday either.
Northern doing technical reports on the matches does anyone know if these are ever made available? Terrible weather but despite this all sides did their best to play good football.

any NPL Youth results for jaffas.
as usual, jaffas the only club that enters results 2 days later, havent they got a paid administrator?

The Northern Defender
12-05-2015, 09:19 AM
any NPL Youth results for jaffas.
as usual, jaffas the only club that enters results 2 days later, havent they got a paid administrator?

13s 5-1, 14s 5-0, 15s 3-1 & 17s 5-2. All FMNC wins.
Not sure why Jaffas are so late putting up results but I guess apart from the "paid administrator" everyone else are just volunteers.

hamburgler
12-05-2015, 11:13 PM
How can Adamstown and Olympic replay washed out games midweek, when the competition rules have that stupid 6 point game stipulation. Have northern softened? Do the rules allow it, or are they making it up on the run? Presumably then all teams will get to replay washouts. Here's hoping!

late_to_the_game
12-05-2015, 11:37 PM
My understanding is that if the home club want to host the games, and the opposition agree to replay then it can happen. It did happen last year as well with some games changing days on the weekend or to a later catchup weekend. If it can't/does not want to be done then 6 point rule.
I think this is a good compromise.

early_to_the_match
13-05-2015, 12:40 AM
I believe Buds and Olympic drew 2-2 in 15s tonight.

hamburgler
13-05-2015, 10:32 PM
My understanding is that if the home club want to host the games, and the opposition agree to replay then it can happen. It did happen last year as well with some games changing days on the weekend or to a later catchup weekend. If it can't/does not want to be done then 6 point rule.
I think this is a good compromise.
Are you kidding? For a game to be replayed both sides have to agree to it. Either the regs should say ALL games are 6 point games in the second round (which I don't agree with), or ALL games are replayed. Anything but either of these two scenarios will potentially create behaviour by some clubs who either get the right outcome by playing or not playing games. Surely all or none, prefer all be replayed.

late_to_the_game
14-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Discussion about this in today's Herald.

Bremsstrahlung
14-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Home team should be able to choose if they want to reschedule the game.
If the away team don't want to, they forfeit.
If the home team does not, the away team should have the option to propose a venue.
If the home team rejects the new venue, they forfeit.
If both sides don't want to play, 6 point game it is.

Quare Caeruleum
14-05-2015, 08:24 AM
"Non sunt entia multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - (Occam's Razor)

Quare Caeruleum
18-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Why Blue, I see your CCB 15's are rapidly rising up the ladder. With Olympic leading and you guys having a game in hand could it be a repeat of last years GF?
Aut vincere, aut mori

Why Blue
18-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Why Blue, I see your CCB 15's are rapidly rising up the ladder. With Olympic leading and you guys having a game in hand could it be a repeat of last years GF?
Aut vincere, aut mori

QC. I hope no one dies !!!!!
But yes a few wins and boys are climbing the ladder, but far from convincing. Game yesterday against Southy was the classic definition of " winning ugly "

Still a lot of work to do up front, in the mid and at the back..... Once we get that sorted we might be able to contest against the big two

But we have some time yet !!!

to be fair our defence is pretty solid..................

Why Blue
20-05-2015, 07:09 PM
So, who is off to Emerging Dundee United training tonight ???

Why Blue
21-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Wondering if you all listened to interview this am on radio with David Eland talking about how the Jets under the Tinkler regime have become disassociated with the local community

I wonder if David & NNSWF have ever considered the impact of the Emerging Jets on the support of the Jets
Sure it has probably cemented the relations with those associated with the program but I believe it has had a negitive effect on kids/parents that are not associated with it
Look at NPL Youth for example, every other team wants to beat the Jets ...... I think the Emerging Jets creates an us & them attitude and this cannot be healthy for community support

Also David's comments that the EJ program will be a valuable asset in any potential sale of the Jets ??? How ?? The Jets have had nothing to do with EJ program for 12 mths now
Program is funded by NNSWF, FFA and Parents
Maybe parents might get some $$$ back from the sale if their kids are so valuable ???

Quare Caeruleum
24-05-2015, 04:19 PM
Any games played this weekend? If so do we have any results?

Why Blue
25-05-2015, 09:50 AM

" tu gravis "

Why Blue
25-05-2015, 09:54 AM

maybe there is merit in the EJ's program ????

over the last month most clubs have had washouts, disrupted training etc

Not the EJ's training as per usual, nice full field, games..........well if they are away and get washed out, no probs we will just have an interclub back at speers point.

Got to be good for the kids.

And maybe better value !!!!!!

Quare Caeruleum
25-05-2015, 10:42 AM
" tu gravis "
Not really. Just hadn't heard much and wanted to catch up on some gossip.
Will be very disappointed if games don't get rescheduled. Second round matches can't be double points from first round results although some teams would like that.
Clubs need to "pull digito de" and get midweek games for all washed out matches. Any clubs not prepared to play can forfeit points.

Why Blue
25-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Not really. Just hadn't heard much and wanted to catch up on some gossip.
Will be very disappointed if games don't get rescheduled. Second round matches can't be double points from first round results although some teams would like that.
Clubs need to "pull digito de" and get midweek games for all washed out matches. Any clubs not prepared to play can forfeit points.

agreed...................bloody ridicules..........

late_to_the_game
25-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Interesting to see if Maitand try and reschedule their U17 game with the EJets. It was a double points game for them after the first was called off for being too hot. I think the Maitland team might take the two points on offer by not playing!

Just noticed it would be their first points....

Why Blue
28-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Expect to see some player movement soon. A 15s Emerging Jet and midfielder from another leading NPL club plan to jump ship and head to the same strong club.

and now he's gone back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild Brew
29-05-2015, 07:03 PM
and now he's gone back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No. Just visiting. A bit like Baby Blue.

Why Blue
31-05-2015, 03:34 PM
No. Just visiting. A bit like Baby Blue.

Baby blue.......lol he's bigger than me

Visitation rights withdrawn for bb he is just a clubbie

Babybillie on the other hand is EJ royalty and now rightly crowned again

late_to_the_game
31-05-2015, 08:01 PM
Time for me to eat a little humble pie (see my post about last time we played) Southy slightly on top against Adamstown three draws and a win over our (perviously) unbeaten 14s.....

ForeverRed
31-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Long way to go but we improve each week

Wild Brew
31-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Baby blue.......lol he's bigger than me

Visitation rights withdrawn for bb he is just a clubbie

Babybillie on the other hand is EJ royalty and now rightly crowned again
Played this weekend with his club side. Definitely just training for a one off event.
Visitation rights for BB are no great loss and I'm sure not permanent. Would be better off staying with his club as long as they stay in the NPL.

King
04-06-2015, 12:09 AM
Wondering if you all listened to interview this am on radio with David Eland talking about how the Jets under the Tinkler regime have become disassociated with the local community

I wonder if David & NNSWF have ever considered the impact of the Emerging Jets on the support of the Jets
Sure it has probably cemented the relations with those associated with the program but I believe it has had a negitive effect on kids/parents that are not associated with it
Look at NPL Youth for example, every other team wants to beat the Jets ...... I think the Emerging Jets creates an us & them attitude and this cannot be healthy for community support

Also David's comments that the EJ program will be a valuable asset in any potential sale of the Jets ??? How ?? The Jets have had nothing to do with EJ program for 12 mths now
Program is funded by NNSWF, FFA and Parents
Maybe parents might get some $$$ back from the sale if their kids are so valuable ???
David Eland and his cronies of overpaid middle management couldnt give a toss about NPL development from 13- 19Yrs.
The E Jets program is already under serious review by Michael Browne who actually knows what he is doing.
Maybe Eland should focus on getting rid of dinosaurs like his Ops Manager first and then bring in a real ops team to oversee development thay Browne should oversee.

football_macigian23
05-06-2015, 09:01 PM
not sure if this is the right place for this or not.. but have heard magic juniors have west hams oceania academy coming to newcastle? anyone heard anything about it?? is it all just for money or what?

NewyTy
06-06-2015, 12:21 AM
not sure if this is the right place for this or not.. but have heard magic juniors have west hams oceania academy coming to newcastle? anyone heard anything about it?? is it all just for money or what?

Saw it on Magic's Facebook page. Bit expensive at $150 bucks considering most players attending would have already forked out hundred's as it is to play in NPL Youth or whatever. Could be a good opportunity though to learn a few things from an EPL academy. Think I read only one coach was coming to Magic Park and I'm not sure how much one coach can do with that many kids in such a short time (hour and a half). Still a decent chance to learn a new thing or two but as I mentioned it is a tad expensive. Good on Magic though for opening it up to all juniors and not just their own.

The Northern Defender
15-06-2015, 09:46 AM
All gone quiet boys! I wasn't able to get to any games on the weekend so lets hear your info on what went on.
Particularly interested in hearing from you Blue/Blew boys.

Y Bloo?
15-06-2015, 11:33 AM
In the 15s the top 4 sides all won leaving Adamstown and the Jets with some work to make the finals. Weston continue to be the dark horse and CCB'S have strung some wins together after an early season lapse. Magic had another big win and must have a solid for/against record. Hamilton also continue to win but overall it's Magic slightly the more impressive. These top sides play each other over the next few weeks so the real contenders should stand up and be counted. Heard that some washout games rescheduled for next weekend with some teams playing on both Saturday and Sunday.

The Northern Defender
15-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Thanks Bloo. I have also heard about catch up games so these results should make things a lot clearer and also at least allow the kids the chance to play football.

Why Blue
15-06-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm thinking the top 4 in 15's pretty well done and probably in order, fair enough as well the 4 better performing teams

Agree that Weston are the dark horses, big strong and fast and can play football, but I have said all year that Magic would be hard to beat and haven't seen anything to change my mind. But as last year showed, get to the last 4 and then it's only 2 wins to a premiership

Yep CCB have double header this weekend, Buds on sat and Magic on Sunday
But with three drops of rain having fallen at Lisle Carr already, I would have serious doubts about playing

Quare Caeruleum
15-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Mirari solebam istum in his ipsis rebus aliquem sensum haber - Cicero
(I was amazed that he had any sense in these very matters)
Not you Why, - Y!
Thought I would put in English. Messages can lose something in loose translations.

TimeAddedOn
15-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Maitland play Jets Saturday (all except the 17's, Jets team have something else on) and Jaffas Sunday. All at Cooks Square. Given current weather forecast I expect these will all be cancelled again.

Old Boy
16-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Maitland play Jets Saturday (all except the 17's, Jets team have something else on) and Jaffas Sunday. All at Cooks Square. Given current weather forecast I expect these will all be cancelled again.

What is the situation with the EJs having something else on? Is it because it was originally a spare weekend?

Why Blue
16-06-2015, 03:02 PM
What is the situation with the EJs having something else on? Is it because it was originally a spare weekend?

EJ 15's playing in Nike Cup in Sydney

TimeAddedOn
16-06-2015, 06:15 PM
EJ 15's playing in Nike Cup in Sydney

Yep, already committed I would guess given this was originally a spare weekend.

There has been no word if this will be scheduled again or these 2 teams just won't meet this year.

Why Blue
16-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Yep, already committed I would guess given this was originally a spare weekend.

There has been no word if this will be scheduled again or these 2 teams just won't meet this year.

Here's a thought , given that the EJ program is for development only, not points, the EJ 15's forfit this game, bonus is that maitland 17's would get their first win...........quite possibly the only win for the future if Miatland football

late_to_the_game
16-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Assuming the game went as expected, the EJs would go top of the table.....it is a double point game.

Why Blue
16-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Assuming the game went as expected, the EJs would go top of the table.....it is a double point game.

Should not matter, EJ program is for development, points and where they finish on ladder is irrelevant
Jets are the ones unable to play as they are playing in an alternate competition, their choice.
Maitland should call forfeit and EJ's should not contest

big jim
23-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Have been reading this thread/forum for a little while now but this is my first post
My interest is in the NPL youth and like a few on here the 15's in particular

last weekends Manchester United cup that was held in Sydney and represented locally by Emerging Jets 15's and Olympic 15's
Emerging Jets performed in my opinion poorly they won one, against side that eventually came last ( 10th ) Drew one and lost two
That put them in a play off against Olympic for 7th & 8th which EJ's won 2-0, not good enough from the area's elite, in my opinion
Maybe it's time to get serious with a few selections, look deeper into the NPL were kids are developing
The current policy of keeping under performing players does not seem to be working very well as this side has constantly under performed at last two nationals and again on the weekend
Maybe they need to look at why they need to recall a player who left the program, only two weeks before or why they carry a player who has been injured for the last two seasons and has kept a development position from another prospect or a couple of forwards who after years in the program still can't hit the net

Maybe I'm harsh but the one constant is these kids keep going to these tournaments and keep hugging the bottom of the ladder, this year they injected a little new blood but again poor results, so again maybe the wrong kids, maybe stop relying on club coach input ( that can be biased ) and actually get out to few games and watch the kids play

Why Blue
23-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Have been reading this thread/forum for a little while now but this is my first post

last weekends Manchester United cup that was held in Sydney and represented locally by Emerging Jets 15's and Olympic 15's
Emerging Jets performed in my opinion poorly they won one, against side that eventually came last ( 10th ) Drew one and lost two
That put them in a play off against Olympic for 7th & 8th which EJ's won 2-0, not good enough from the area's elite, in my opinion
Maybe it's time to get serious with a few selections, look deeper into the NPL were kids are developing
The current policy of keeping under performing players does not seem to be working very well as this side has constantly under performed at last two nationals and again on the weekend
Maybe they need to look at why they need to recall a player who left the program, only two weeks before or why they carry a player who has been injured for the last two seasons and has kept a development position from another prospect or a couple of forwards who after years in the program still can't hit the net

Maybe I'm harsh but the one constant is these kids keep going to these tournaments and keep hugging the bottom of the ladder, this year they injected a little new blood but again poor results, so again maybe the wrong kids, maybe stop relying on club coach input ( that can be biased ) and actually get out to few games and watch the kids play

BJ I agree with a lot of what you have to say
Particulary the comment about looking deeper into NPL youth
As I have said numerous times the 15 NPL comp is stronger this year with a few kids really starting to develop strongly
There are also some kids that have looked good over the years that are struggling a little this year...... Maybe same as E Jets ??

mother theresa
23-06-2015, 03:46 PM

Big Jim the most intelligent post to date on the NPL Youth forum
I vote for you as Technical Director, and YES its the standard for the emerging try hards finishing 3rd last at every tournament, a bit embarrassing i think, it will only be time, before any team from NNSW wont be invited if that is the worst we continue to send and represent NNSW.
PS read the wandarers forum on the event, massive issues raised from other states ,why the State teams are entered in a NPL Cup, and QLD, WA and VIC not there.

q-money
23-06-2015, 04:32 PM
the FNSW institute squad that won it is coached by milan blagojevic, if i'm not mistaken?

is it a case of the kids not being up to standard compared to the higher intensity/higher quality programs or is it the coaching they are receiving? or purely the length of time they have spent in the academy programs? having seen neither play and only read about it i'm interested to know, not casting any aspersions on anyone etc

q-money
23-06-2015, 04:37 PM
*i also read that the EJ's had a scoreless draw with FNSWI - anyone see the game?

Quare Caeruleum
23-06-2015, 06:09 PM
It seems that despite all the extra training, supposedly better coaching and constantly playing stronger opposition, it doesn't guarantee a players ability to maintain standards. Especially when being berated for minor mistakes and individual flare quashed from all but a chosen few.

Why Blue
23-06-2015, 08:31 PM
It seems that despite all the extra training, supposedly better coaching and constantly playing stronger opposition, it doesn't guarantee a players ability to maintain standards. Especially when being berated for minor mistakes and individual flare quashed from all but a chosen few.

Chosen few ?????

QC surely your not implying that there is favourites with in our elite program ????

For me the biggest worry is that we as an area seem not to be competitive ??? NNSWF draws from a large base of players
I have always maintained that perhaps NNSWF would be better of casting a wider net and development should be pushed thru the NPL program, seems Olympic are only 2 goals behind, imagine if they got more coaching, better facilities, the luxury of training at a constant facility, I bet the EJ's had a much smoother training schedule over the last few weeks, tougher opposition week in week out, how long till they reversed that score ???

Maybe current EJ squads are the best kids available ??? Who knows but given the constant under performing of the squad maybe it's time for some changes, give some new kids a go.......

mother theresa
23-06-2015, 08:32 PM
the FNSW institute squad that won it is coached by milan blagojevic, if i'm not mistaken?

is it a case of the kids not being up to standard compared to the higher intensity/higher quality programs or is it the coaching they are receiving? or purely the length of time they have spent in the academy programs? having seen neither play and only read about it i'm interested to know, not casting any aspersions on anyone etc

q-money, just reading the wanderers page on the NMU Cup, there is 24 interesting comments posted, regarding the fact the cup was organised as a FFA cup style, for the under 15 NPL teams in Oceania, what has obviously happened, is opportunity to justify the existence of such programs, and what they can offer over NPL, there was no lead up qualifier, no representation from all states, only a select few. Apparently the NPL team from NZ, had to go through a qualification tournament to progress, as for the NPL teams, they were 1st in the 14's 2014 NPL competition, however the 5 state teams???????? appear given a special pass, which is causing the uproar, and then to attend, and under perform, except FNSW.
As per the 24 posts, it shows, how things can be over ridden to suit some, rather than offering a opportunity for other 15's players in NPL across the country.
I think its poor, and again demonstrates the flaws, and ability to progress in the game.

Why Blue
23-06-2015, 08:43 PM
MT were is this forum with comments you talk about ???

mother theresa
23-06-2015, 08:54 PM
MT were is this forum with comments you talk about ???
http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/community/manchester-united-premier-cup-pacific-finals

big jim
23-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Haha mother man, last thing these kids need is me as td
They seem confused enough already

But seriously the crap that goes on around these EJ teams compared to results they post, hardly seems that the program shines

Don't forget Newcastle Football's recent success at state championships

Wrong kids, playing in wrong positions, look at kid they bought in this year that had apparently played mid all his life now centre back and seriously struggling, kid might be able to play but not a back
Agree with quare as well, let the kids show some flare they do seem scared

Quare Caeruleum
23-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Chosen few ?????

QC surely your not implying that there is favourites with in our elite program ????

For me the biggest worry is that we as an area seem not to be competitive ??? NNSWF draws from a large base of players
I have always maintained that perhaps NNSWF would be better of casting a wider net and development should be pushed thru the NPL program, seems Olympic are only 2 goals behind, imagine if they got more coaching, better facilities, the luxury of training at a constant facility, I bet the EJ's had a much smoother training schedule over the last few weeks, tougher opposition week in week out, how long till they reversed that score ???

Maybe current EJ squads are the best kids available ??? Who knows but given the constant under performing of the squad maybe it's time for some changes, give some new kids a go.......

Probably the majority of kids do deserve their spot, but from what I have seen you could select at least 2 teams from the NPL teams that, without even the extra training, experience and competition, would easily match the current EJ 15s. But is that enough given this age group was once thought to be one of the strongest in NNSWF history.
Have we ever had the quality of coaching to truly develop these players and see them competitive with other states? Imagine how they would perform against international academies.
"Dum spiro, spero" - Cicero

Thomas477
24-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Saturday at Adamstown should be interesting....

Why Blue
24-06-2015, 06:46 AM
Saturday at Adamstown should be interesting....

Why ????

Why Blue
24-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Probably the majority of kids do deserve their spot, but from what I have seen you could select at least 2 teams from the NPL teams that, without even the extra training, experience and competition, would easily match the current EJ 15s. But is that enough given this age group was once thought to be one of the strongest in NNSWF history.
Have we ever had the quality of coaching to truly develop these players and see them competitive with other states? Imagine how they would perform against international academies.
"Dum spiro, spero" - Cicero

Agree that there are plenty of kids who can push the existing EJ squad
Also agree that may not be enough !!! Given the whole discussion is about how poorly existing squad performs once exposed to higher quality
But does that mean we don't try ???

Sure there are some quality players in existing squad, but also some who seem to be at the end if their development
On the other hand I have seen some 15 NPL kids really come on this year, really developed their games, give them a go , how can it hurt ????

italian stallion
24-06-2015, 06:45 PM
hey mother your back, but you have not answered any questions.what do you do to help football besides complain on this forum.you mentioned before you supposedly had a uefa pro license.

mother theresa
24-06-2015, 11:05 PM
hey mother your back, but you have not answered any questions.what do you do to help football besides complain on this forum.you mentioned before you supposedly had a uefa pro license.

IS- what do you want to know?
here we go..
lose the plot at all games
hate losing
long ball is my passion as well as my coaching mantra
have i helped football in any way- NO!
How did i go?
where do i coach at your club..

Footyhead
24-06-2015, 11:22 PM

I don't know MT and not backing him up, but your 20 posts have contributed nothing to any thread, only to goad someone. What have YOU done to help football?

italian stallion
24-06-2015, 11:36 PM
just what I thought mother.well footyhead I support my sons under 8s team.also been involved in the game for over 30 years in various ways what about you

mother theresa
24-06-2015, 11:49 PM
just what I thought mother.well footyhead I support my sons under 8s team.also been involved in the game for over 30 years in various ways what about you

excellent Mr Stallone!
you are now qualified to run for FIFA President.

Footyhead
24-06-2015, 11:53 PM

My kids' been playing since 2006, so only a little involvement but with various clubs including azurri, as some like to call them

mother theresa
24-06-2015, 11:53 PM
Perusing the Nike Manchester United Cup thread, really starting to heat up the discussion of manipulating entry to the Cup, interesting read.
http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/community/manchester-united-premier-cup-pacific-finals

mother theresa
24-06-2015, 11:55 PM
My kids' been playing since 2006, so only a little involvement but with various clubs including azurri, as some like to call them

Footyhead- theres no need to justify yourself to IS, regarding your football involvement

Footyhead
24-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Perusing the Nike Manchester United Cup thread, really starting to heat up the discussion of manipulating entry to the Cup, interesting read.

Yes it is, wonder if anything will come out of it

mother theresa
24-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Yes it is, wonder if anything will come out of it

i believe this could expose particular people, and potentially prevent the State teams from entering in future.
Interesting- that the NZ teams had to go through playing for qualifications, just like Heidelberg beating FFV 2 out 3 occasions.

Footyhead
25-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Footyhead- theres no need to justify yourself to IS, regarding your football involvement

I didn't take his question as justifying myself, only asking what my involvement is which I'm happy to oblige. There is nothing I have to justify myself for on this forum, yet some others use it for a "how big is your dick" competition

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Love the old "what have you done for football line"
Don't ever assume that you are the only one doing something and don't ever assume you are doing more than someone else
Some are club president some Cook BBQ , some coach others help the coach by not coaching.

Let's talk NPL youth here and leave the big dick stuff for first grade

italian stallion
25-06-2015, 10:03 AM
well footyhead for starters the correct spelling is azzurri.my dick is average size.this forum is full of people that whinge and yet do nothing about,how brave,try and help or shut up.maybe try and get of the house and off the computer.

q-money
25-06-2015, 10:34 AM
cool your emerging jets boys, and as WB says - talk about NPL youth

save who's got the most enormous/most average dong for private message

prawnhead
25-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Don't ever assume that you are the only one doing something and don't ever assume you are doing more than someone else
Some are club president some Cook BBQ , some coach others help the coach by not coaching.

Here here WB.

mother theresa
25-06-2015, 11:18 AM
well footyhead for starters the correct spelling is azzurri.my dick is average size.this forum is full of people that whinge and yet do nothing about,how brave,try and help or shut up.maybe try and get of the house and off the computer.

Mr Stallone
a little confused, not sure what your message means?
how brave,try and help or shut up.maybe try and get of the house and off the computer

mother theresa
25-06-2015, 11:19 AM

agree WB, never been interested in anyone's dick- im a nun and a holly person!!!!

predictions in NPL youth this weekend
13's, 14's,15's and 17's ?

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 12:29 PM
agree WB, never been interested in anyone's dick- im a nun and a holly person!!!!

Yep
CCB 13 to win
CCB14 to go down
CCB 15 to win
CCB 17 draw
I think the bye will be too strong for the 14's

Footyhead
25-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Yep
CCB 13 to win
CCB14 to go down
CCB 15 to win
CCB 17 draw
I think the bye will be too strong for the 14's

Why so harsh on the 14s... they're doing OK ?

NewyTy
25-06-2015, 01:51 PM

I did a big NPL Youth preview on my website yesterday. See how the tips go.

http://www.newysports.com/2015/06/preview-nnsw-npl-youth-round-16.html

mother theresa
25-06-2015, 03:03 PM

well done Newyty
excellent overview on games, interesting that you have more of a realistic concept of the NPL Youth competition then the governing body.
again, fantastic preview and site

NewyTy
25-06-2015, 03:18 PM
well done Newyty
excellent overview on games, interesting that you have more of a realistic concept of the NPL Youth competition then the governing body.
again, fantastic preview and site

Cheers. Northern could do a lot of things better across the board. I'm still not sure what the deal is with possible double point games in this comp and whether they'll happen or not. Northern should be giving this comp more attention as these youngsters will be playing first grade soon enough. Putting results up on the Northern facebook page and stuff would be a good start, maybe even some photos each week or something. Thanks for the kind words.

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Why so harsh on the 14s... they're doing OK ?

Just how I see it
Not a fan of how they play

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 06:52 PM

How good is that , great work newyty
I will be a regular reader

And thanks for coverage of NPL youth
Boys will appreciate the interest

My 15's tips .....
Magic. 3 v Olympic 1
Edgy. 3 v EJ 1
Weston 4 v maitland 0
Buds 1 v MNC 4
Southy v Jaffa's who cares seriously

NewyTy
25-06-2015, 07:03 PM

My 15's tips .....
Magic. 3 v Olympic 1
Edgy. 3 v EJ 1
Weston 4 v maitland 0
Buds 1 v MNC 4

Thanks mate. Have been doing NPL and New-FM all year and only just started NPL Youth, along with Zone comps so have a bit to learn about the comp. I try not to go too harsh on the younger grades like I would with NPL seniors or even New-FM. Although I'm sure all the players from 13's and up are used to criticism if they perform badly considering it's such a high level but I've got better things to do than bag out a bunch of 13 year olds for a 6-0 loss or whatever.

I mainly started the NPL Youth stuff as I thought the boys would take a keen interest in what I write each week and a lot of the time my results are up faster than Northern's with the New-FM lower grades. Will have to try and catch some games soon. Will definitely try and make grand final day at the very least. And yep, previewing Southy v Jaffas in all four grades was tough. Try to be nice but 10th v 11th is never an easier one to try and muster up some words on, even in the other comps.

ForeverRed
25-06-2015, 07:12 PM

My 15's tips .....
Magic. 3 v Olympic 1
Edgy. 3 v EJ 1
Weston 4 v maitland 0
Buds 1 v MNC 4

if you cant say anything nice on a youth forum then your surely a trophy hunter

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks mate. Have been doing NPL and New-FM all year and only just started NPL Youth, along with Zone comps so have a bit to learn about the comp. I try not to go too harsh on the younger grades like I would with NPL seniors or even New-FM. Although I'm sure all the players from 13's and up are used to criticism if they perform badly considering it's such a high level but I've got better things to do than bag out a bunch of 13 year olds for a 6-0 loss or whatever.

I mainly started the NPL Youth stuff as I thought the boys would take a keen interest in what I write each week and a lot of the time my results are up faster than Northern's with the New-FM lower grades. Will have to try and catch some games soon. Will definitely try and make grand final day at the very least. And yep, previewing Southy v Jaffas in all four grades was tough. Try to be nice but 10th v 11th is never an easier one to try and muster up some words on, even in the other comps.

Well I'm sure the youth players will appreciate the thought that someone is paying attention
And I think your comments are fair
Maybe fairer than mine as I seem to have offended again
But hey if it waddles and quacks it's a duck !!!!!!!

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 07:19 PM

Who cares ...... Seriously !!!!!

NewyTy
25-06-2015, 07:25 PM
You'll find that being on forums always leads to constant back and forths with people. At the end of the day we should let the battle between clubs be settled out on the field and not via keyboard. But still, forum wouldn't be what it is today without the banter. And yeah I try to make my previews fair and two-sided and try not to offend too many people.

Why Blue
25-06-2015, 07:29 PM

Ok you deserve a better answer

Trophy hunting is not my thing
I am all for development of youth, you may have noticed I try to blow the NPL youth trumpet a lot and very recently been talking about the improvement in youth comp this year and good it is to see that

seriously I don't know what southy or Jaffa's are doing with their youth but it is NOT development

mother theresa
25-06-2015, 10:35 PM
Ok you deserve a better answer

Trophy hunting is not my thing
I am all for development of youth, you may have noticed I try to blow the NPL youth trumpet a lot and very recently been talking about the improvement in youth comp this year and good it is to see that

seriously I don't know what southy or Jaffa's are doing with their youth but it is NOT development

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
the trophy debate has reared its ugly head again.
i wonder from who?

mother theresa
25-06-2015, 10:41 PM
odds at William Hill $1.05 that....
All NPL Youth games off this weekend, next weekend and who knows possibly every other weekend
Some clubs would at present be pushing 4-6 catch up games, with 2-3 double pointers.
Now with a $11 million black hole created for the football community, and not to mention the $100's forked out to play... no offers to try and assist in rescheduling games at the community facility?
would we expect any different?:deadhorse:
The idea of a solution would be NNSW to make sure EJets play all there games, take the lead,call the remaining season off, present them with the premiership and preserve the grass for cricket.

Footyhead
25-06-2015, 10:48 PM

Fantastic work Ty, thank you for your efforts. Have you posted it on the other comp threads? Deserves a wider audience

NewyTy
25-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Fantastic work Ty, thank you for your efforts. Have you posted it on the other comp threads? Deserves a wider audience

I've linked it on New-FM and NPL threads in the past with the respective links for those previews. Got a big following (1300 likes on facebook and several clubs sharing it on their sites/programs and what not.) Amazing how fast it's taken off and I may be getting some temp work with Northern to do their official NPL stuff for a few weeks next month. It's fairly time-consuming but happy to do it and provide an up to date, in-dept service to local football.

Why Blue
26-06-2015, 09:55 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
the trophy debate has reared its ugly head again.
i wonder from who?

This is like the what do you do for football comeback

Seems a std reply from under performing clubs, if you succeed you are a trophy hunter if your team is performing poorly you are developing

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Do you think that the results of various teams have more to do with the calibre of player each team has or their development?
I'd say it has a wholeeeeee lot more to do with the calibre of player than coach, facilities, development program or anything else.
If you put southy/Jaffas team and give them azzurri's (because there seems to be a lot of azzurri people here) coach, facilities and development program do you think they would be in top 4?
I think you'd all agree the purpose of the NPL Youth setup is to assist in the development of our juniors into possible NYL Jets/NPL teams. If you win trophies in the mean time, good on you, good experience for the players. But I am curious how you can make comments regarding southy/Jaffas and their development based purely on results. It's no secret a club like southy does not have the prestige and reputation associated with them that Magic or Olympic does. So as a result, these prestigious clubs tend to attract a higher calibre of player, correct? Leaving clubs like southy/Jaffas with what is left, to put it bluntly. So is it more of a question about recruitment or development? So say magics players are 7/10 and throughout the course of the season these players develop to 8/10 players. The. Take southy/Jaffas who got the bottom of the talent pool whose players begin as 5/10 players. if they progress to be 6.5/10 players, does this make southy/Jaffas better or worse than magic for development? Even though their 6.5/10 players are worse then magics 8/10, they developed more? Which is highly likely as development is exponential.

mother theresa
26-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Do you think that the results of various teams have more to do with the calibre of player each team has or their development?
I'd say it has a wholeeeeee lot more to do with the calibre of player than coach, facilities, development program or anything else.
If you put southy/Jaffas team and give them azzurri's (because there seems to be a lot of azzurri people here) coach, facilities and development program do you think they would be in top 4?
I think you'd all agree the purpose of the NPL Youth setup is to assist in the development of our juniors into possible NYL Jets/NPL teams. If you win trophies in the mean time, good on you, good experience for the players. But I am curious how you can make comments regarding southy/Jaffas and their development based purely on results. It's no secret a club like southy does not have the prestige and reputation associated with them that Magic or Olympic does. So as a result, these prestigious clubs tend to attract a higher calibre of player, correct? Leaving clubs like southy/Jaffas with what is left, to put it bluntly. So is it more of a question about recruitment or development? So say magics players are 7/10 and throughout the course of the season these players develop to 8/10 players. The. Take southy/Jaffas who got the bottom of the talent pool whose players begin as 5/10 players. if they progress to be 6.5/10 players, does this make southy/Jaffas better or worse than magic for development? Even though their 6.5/10 players are worse then magics 8/10, they developed more? Which is highly likely as development is exponential.

agree with your comments, however disagree with the continual reference point raised about attracting or stealing players to Olympic or Magic, i believe this is garbage.
look at Olympic, Magic,CCB, FMNC, Buds ( in some ages) and Weston- these teams would have atleast 75% of there own players( either jnrs or whom have been there for 3+ years), this year it seems, the teams mentioned picked up 3-5 players, and lost probably the same.
On the other end of the spectrum Sthy, Edgy, Jaffas change there sides every year, look at previous year team list and compare.
Signing Jim Foley to clipboard your players, throughout the season, only works so much, the tip is-focus on your own home growns, and others will also want to be aprt of.

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2015, 06:55 PM
agree with your comments, however disagree with the continual reference point raised about attracting or stealing players to Olympic or Magic, i believe this is garbage.
look at Olympic, Magic,CCB, FMNC, Buds ( in some ages) and Weston- these teams would have atleast 75% of there own players( either jnrs or whom have been there for 3+ years), this year it seems, the teams mentioned picked up 3-5 players, and lost probably the same.
On the other end of the spectrum Sthy, Edgy, Jaffas change there sides every year, look at previous year team list and compare.
Signing Jim Foley to clipboard your players, throughout the season, only works so much, the tip is-focus on your own home growns, and others will also want to be aprt of.

That's fair. I don't disagree with that. As the whole NPL from 13,14s are new ages it's a bit hard to gauge.
Hamilton, magic, Weston, valentine, lakes, Maitland and Recently charlestown have always had an A grade team in the previous interdistrict competitions. One thing to take into consideration re southy, previously lakes, and probably edgy and maybe Jaffas is that they aren't very well connected to their junior club, essentially they are separate entities. I'd their NPL club is very separate to their junior interdistrict club of the same Name. So when the transition to NPL Youth 13,14,15,17s happened, those clubs could just virtually take their interdistrict 12,13s,14 and pick their best from the previous years 15s in conjunction with trials and academy players and they didn't really have to do much.
Whereas southy for instance, their South Cardiff juniors may have had the odd A grade team but I daresay not all that many, so their 13,14,15 and 17s teams were probably built from scratch with players who are new to the whole "semi professional" aspect of the league and importance of club morale.

Lakes and azzurri were dropped for inadequate junior bases (none), thus azzurri "merged" with Charlestown and lakes introduced their academy style setup, both in hindsight have been a success.
Hopefully, southy, Jaffas and whoever else is lacking, are working on something. I guess my point is that there are reasons for the poor results and in some cases is not through the clubs lack of trying.

Why Blue
26-06-2015, 07:10 PM
The reality is that all clubs will take players and coach's from any where if they can !!!!!. It happens. I know Southy were still calling kids from last years lake macquarie U/14's in feb/march wanting them to play at southy this year, that's what is annoying when ppl claim that successful teams are trophy hunters :wtf:.....Southy tried as hard as most other teams to attract the highest quality available..........they just didnt get it

Im not judging any clubs performance purely on results, I am judging on their ability to run a well organised youth program, with quality coach's and quality players.
As previously stated, to be blunt, Southy get what is left............not because of who they recruit but because there is not a lot of quality wanting to play there.
And before any one shouts me down..............lets do a reality check........lets ask 100 existing NPL youth players there least preferred club to play at..........

Another huge issue for Southy and CCB and maybe a few others is 1st grade...........your first grade perform and you will attract quality youth. Thats one part, the next is to provide a quality coaching and quality TD to run a quality youth program..............now im not saying any one club has got it 100% at the moment, some are work in progress and clearly some are not !!!!!!!!!!

Thomas477
26-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Actually, Jaffas are one club, but with a junior and senior sub committee. There is communication between them.

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2015, 10:26 PM
Actually, Jaffas are one club, but with a junior and senior sub committee. There is communication between them.

Orrighty, I got no excuse for them then.

Thomas477
26-06-2015, 10:37 PM
And there is actually someone from the "seniors" side of things, coaching u/10s to u/12s, trying to develope players to make the grade for NPL 13s. In the u/14s and u/15s, both top teams are in A grade, as are 2 u/16 teams, and the 17/1s, so there is plenty of talent being developed on the junior side at least, but it's a jump from A grade to NPL.

And let's be honest, we're only in the 2nd year of the NPL as is, maybe the other clubs are trying to get their production line right, which means that the older age groups has a bit more tooing and froing because there they haven't been involved with the. Lund for as long, but if someone who's been with a club since u/10s then goes to NPL 13s, then there's going to be that extra bit of loyalty to stay, instead of jumping around.

mother theresa
26-06-2015, 10:52 PM
And there is actually someone from the "seniors" side of things, coaching u/10s to u/12s, trying to develope players to make the grade for NPL 13s. In the u/14s and u/15s, both top teams are in A grade, as are 2 u/16 teams, and the 17/1s, so there is plenty of talent being developed on the junior side at least, but it's a jump from A grade to NPL.

And let's be honest, we're only in the 2nd year of the NPL as is, maybe the other clubs are trying to get their production line right, which means that the older age groups has a bit more tooing and froing because there they haven't been involved with the. Lund for as long, but if someone who's been with a club since u/10s then goes to NPL 13s, then there's going to be that extra bit of loyalty to stay, instead of jumping around.

100% correct
however- when the likes of JF, RH and friends become part of the equation, all the loyalty, work and development goes out the window.
clubs can only drive this, and results, quality players and trophies will come.

late_to_the_game
27-06-2015, 12:41 AM

My 15's tips .....
Magic. 3 v Olympic 1
Edgy. 3 v EJ 1
Weston 4 v maitland 0
Buds 1 v MNC 4

If you had seen the last Buds vs FMNC game I think you would have that score the other way around - unless FMNC have improved a lot or you are factoring in the Saturday game v CCB for the buds.

early_to_the_match
27-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Both Buds and FMNC are very ordinary, but the coast probably have more fight in them.
I heard Edgy Jets called off with all games declared scoreless draws.

mother theresa
27-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Any games or results today??

NewyTy
27-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Any games or results today??

Edgy v Emerging Jets was called off but other games were on. Heard Adamstown v Mid North Coast is off tomorrow as well.

Broadmeadow v Hamilton
13's: 6-0 Magic
14's: 4-1 Magic
15's: 2-2 Draw
17's: 2-0 Hamilton

Weston v Maitland
13's: 2-1 Weston
14's: 5-0 Weston
15's: 5-2 Weston
17's: 3-1 Weston

big jim
29-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Talk of at get together of all squadron leaders at Speers point hanger
Shame one was not there

Why Blue
30-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Talk of at get together of all squadron leaders at Speers point hanger
Shame one was not there

Hopefully just just a gathering of the minds to work out how to strengthen the E J program

Why Blue
30-06-2015, 10:54 AM
How about a big shout out to the powers at Olympic & Magic for moving the youth fixtures to Blacksmiths, well done !!!!

sancho_theswan
30-06-2015, 02:17 PM
How about a big shout out to the powers at Olympic & Magic for moving the youth fixtures to Blacksmiths, well done !!!!

Yep wouldn't of happened unless Belswans gave the ok. I think the biggest shout out should go the guy down at Blacksmiths who spends many hours each week working on the ground (I think his name is Tony). To have that ground playable for Saturday after it was a swimming pool on Thursday night is a credit to his level of commitment and dedication.

Why Blue
30-06-2015, 05:21 PM
Yep wouldn't of happened unless Belswans gave the ok. I think the biggest shout out should go the guy down at Blacksmiths who spends many hours each week working on the ground (I think his name is Tony). To have that ground playable for Saturday after it was a swimming pool on Thursday night is a credit to his level of commitment and dedication.

Yes of course hats off to bel swans

But was more applauding the initiative of the clubs for looking at alternate venues rather than just canning another youth fixture

ForeverRed
30-06-2015, 05:46 PM
gunners played at ulinga, big cheers to grounds men, its amazing how a little drainage helps

NewyTy
30-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Can anyone confirm if this weekend's game are for double points. The Emerging Jets played Hamo back in Round 6 but all other games were washed out so not sure what the deal is this weekend. The comp is just a mess with the washouts and stuff, hard to keep track of points and games played. For those who don't know, Edgeworth play South Cardiff tonight and tomorrow night in all four grades.

Why Blue
30-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Can anyone confirm if this weekend's game are for double points. The Emerging Jets played Hamo back in Round 6 but all other games were washed out so not sure what the deal is this weekend. The comp is just a mess with the washouts and stuff, hard to keep track of points and games played. For those who don't know, Edgeworth play South Cardiff tonight and tomorrow night in all four grades.

I know CCB v Jaffa's is 6 points this weekend

also CCB v Buds 2nd round game has been declared 0-0 draw for all grades

NewyTy
30-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I know CCB v Jaffa's is 6 points this weekend

also CCB v Buds 2nd round game has been declared 0-0 draw for all grades

I think the whole system needs reviewing in the off-season. Either all games are caught up or none at all. It's a mess the way it is now with six-pointers and some games being on, then the 0-0 being ruled. Crazy system they've got in place.

ForeverRed
30-06-2015, 10:20 PM
U13 2.1 edgy, u15 1 nil Southy

ForeverRed
30-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Sorry, should have read u14 not 13

NewyTy
30-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Sorry, should have read u14 not 13

Thanks. Decent result in 15s looking at the ladder. Lifts them over Edgy

big jim
06-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Well all a quick wrap up before I must go

15's Magic to win, everything, money well spent on those ex EJ players, a great display of development

Southy to be relegated and in doing so saving a group of young men from further pain

Is that a dome I hear

ForeverRed
06-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Big Jim seems to be rather childish is his reviews,

Why Blue
06-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Hey Newyty
Thanks for table update at least you can get all results posted
Agree with your comments about double points but think you will find that match results count twice
So in example you used Edgy result will be recorded for both rounds so result is recorded twice
Also CCB 15's have had only 6 goals against not 16 on your table

But well done thx

NewyTy
06-07-2015, 07:58 PM
Hey Newyty
Thanks for table update at least you can get all results posted
Agree with your comments about double points but think you will find that match results count twice
So in example you used Edgy result will be recorded for both rounds so result is recorded twice
Also CCB 15's have had only 6 goals against not 16 on your table

But well done thx

Will change table now before I forget. It's confusing though because on Sportingpulse some teams had three points added and some had six. Will correct the CCB 15's goal difference when I get a chance to. New computer and the keyboard's bigger so finger must have slipped or something. haha

Why Blue
06-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Will change table now before I forget. It's confusing though because on Sportingpulse some teams had three points added and some had six. Will correct the CCB 15's goal difference when I get a chance to. New computer and the keyboard's bigger so finger must have slipped or something. haha

Yeah I blame keyboard for a lit of things.... Lol

I think sporting pulse is up to date now with six point games ??? But I know they haven't put the CCB v Buds round that has been officially called a wash out so is a 0-0 draw
Bloody hard hey, keep up the good work
Look forward to the reviews....... No pressure !!!!

NewyTy
06-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Yeah I blame keyboard for a lit of things.... Lol

I think sporting pulse is up to date now with six point games ??? But I know they haven't put the CCB v Buds round that has been officially called a wash out so is a 0-0 draw
Bloody hard hey, keep up the good work
Look forward to the reviews....... No pressure !!!!

No NPL Youth reviews this week but will get back to doing previews/reviews for the next round. Will take a while to undo all the ladder changes and then redo them. Not a brilliant computer mind so all my ladders are manually done. Youth comps been the hardest to keep up with of them all. And yeah I've got the CCB v Buds as a 0-0 draw in all grades.

Why Blue
13-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Sorry to do this to you newyty but CCB v Buds youth round is now rescheduled for this weekend( Sunday ) at Adamstown
So no draw ..... Looks like we are playing for points !!!!!

NewyTy
13-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Sorry to do this to you newyty but CCB v Buds youth round is now rescheduled for this weekend( Sunday ) at Adamstown

I've decided to just do tips and have the ladders show what it says on the Northern site. Hard enough keeping track of the New-FM and NPL schedules. To declare it 0-0 and now actually re-schedule it is an absolute joke. Northern have no idea how to run the show. Good luck anyway, I'm sure the boys are happy to just get out on the park but for those keeping track of results and stuff it's mayhem!

early_to_the_match
13-07-2015, 11:37 PM
The worry is that some clubs might choose to take the draw or play for points depending on where their team stands on the ladder and/or who they are playing. Expect this problem to grow as we get closer to the finals and teams "choose" to become unavailable for rescheduled games.

late_to_the_game
13-07-2015, 11:44 PM

This will be the third attempt to replay these games, so fingers crossed. Problem for the 17s is that as it is our bye weekend, many players have made plans to watch some other teams on the weekend. Like Liverpool. Have to borrow a few 19s ;-)

Why Blue
14-07-2015, 01:40 PM
This will be the third attempt to replay these games, so fingers crossed. Problem for the 17s is that as it is our bye weekend, many players have made plans to watch some other teams on the weekend. Like Liverpool. Have to borrow a few 19s ;-)

Yep this is third go at it and thanks to the clubs for their continued efforts
17's for both are pretty much out of running but I suspect that CCB were keen for 15's although a win for buds would help them
And I think buds would have been keen for 14's with a win for them being helpful in their minor premiership race

But hey who cares let the kids play !!!!

big jim
22-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Big Jim seems to be rather childish is his reviews,

Childish but truthful foreverman but then could anything be more childish than the current power play over at EJ headquarters Mr VE being shafted by Mr B
Maybe one day the kids will be put before ego's

Footyhead
22-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Childish but truthful foreverman but then could anything be more childish than the current power play over at EJ headquarters Mr VE being shafted by Mr B

Mr B being ?

early_to_the_match
23-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Mr B being ?
Mr Michael Brown no doubt. NNSWF TD. Englishman who prior to this appointment was in Qatar working with their Aspire youth development academy. I believe he was responsible for getting u10, u11 & u12 Emerging Jets teams a trip to Qatar earlier this year to compete in a tournament.

Why Blue
24-07-2015, 08:45 AM
BJ funny reading your post, it's not about the kids.............it's about winning. Let's get some big tall kids that run fast and kick far !!!!!

big jim
25-07-2015, 09:03 AM
BJ funny reading your post, it's not about the kids.............it's about winning. Let's get some big tall kids that run fast and kick far !!!!!

But blue man they need big kickers, got to get it over the mighty midget mid field

mother theresa
26-07-2015, 09:38 PM
But blue man they need big kickers, got to get it over the mighty midget mid field

EJets :deadhorse:
Another tournament, and $1000's expected to be forked out by parents for the NNSW F admin team 's annual junket,to watch there super sides try and make the numbers.
The saitama EJet warriors or aka i get a tracksuit with the jets logo on it for $1800, team... finish 20th out of 23 teams apparently.
OUTSTANDING! well done kiddies and coaching team.
1 thing we definitely get from the EJets is consistency- consistently shiite, they have the ability to finish at the tail end of all tournaments.
Parents i hope the sushi was better than westfields!:roflz:

hamburgler
26-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Another tournament, and $1000's expected to be forked out by parents for the NNSW F admin team 's annual junket,to watch there super sides try and make the numbers.
The saitama EJet warriors or aka i get a tracksuit with the jets logo on it for $1800, team... finish 20th out of 23 teams apparently.
1 thing we definitely get from the EJets is consistency- consistently shiite, they have the ability to finish at the tail end of all tournaments.

You are hilarious MT.

Why Blue
26-07-2015, 10:19 PM

MT..... Japanese sushi is outstanding

Why Blue
07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
All the best for boys playing their final round of NPL Youth this weekend, has been a great year of football
Looks like most top 4's are settled with EJ's & Weston playing for positions in 13& 17

Sensational game Tuesday night in 15's with magic getting up 1-0 over CCB in a match that the winner should go on to be minor premiers, well done to both teams in what was probably the best youth game I have ever had the pleasure to watch.

hamburgler
07-08-2015, 12:10 PM
All the best for boys playing their final round of NPL Youth this weekend, has been a great year of football
Looks like most top 4's are settled with EJ's & Weston playing for positions in 13& 17

Sensational game Tuesday night in 15's with magic getting up 1-0 over CCB in a match that the winner should go on to be minor premiers, well done to both teams in what was probably the best youth game I have ever had the pleasure to watch.

Fight for minor premiership in 3 of the NPL Youth grades is still very much alive. 13s between FMNC & Magic, and could come down to goal difference. 15s & 17s - if Magic win against Adamstown they are minor premiers in both age groups. Congrats to FMNC for claiming the minor premiership in 14s.

Why Blue
07-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Fight for minor premiership in 3 of the NPL Youth grades is still very much alive. 13s between FMNC & Magic, and could come down to goal difference. 15s & 17s - if Magic win against Adamstown they are minor premiers in both age groups. Congrats to FMNC for claiming the minor premiership in 14s.

Very much alive ????
Magic should by all rights win their games in 13,15 & 17

Suppose stranger things can happen
But I think things will stay as they are

hamburgler
07-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Very much alive ????
Magic should by all rights win their games in 13,15 & 17

Suppose stranger things can happen
But I think things will stay as they are

My point WB was that the final game of the season decides 3 of the 4 youth premierships.

Agree Magic should win all 3 grades but you never know!

big jim
17-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Did anyone else that wonderful piece of player development in under 14's at darling street on Saturday
Emerging Jets sub of keeper in final minute going to pen shoot out, poor kid left the field crying. Lucky it's not about winning

Well done to all winner from the weekend and best of luck for GF's

Under 15's 3 v 4 in GF,they were the better teams on the day and both deserve their spots

Bremsstrahlung
17-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Did they win the shootout?

big jim
17-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Did they win the shootout?

Nope
But wasn't keepers fault, pen takers have to hit between posts
Maybe should have subbed a few shot takers as well ?

big jim
19-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Havin a good laugh at magic parent having a winge in NPL thread
Talk of mass exodus lol

As if magic care, there will be plenty of wannabe parents lining up to take his and others places

And of course there are the discarded EJ players, but how many ?

hamburgler
20-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Havin a good laugh at magic parent having a winge in NPL thread
Talk of mass exodus lol

As if magic care, there will be plenty of wannabe parents lining up to take his and others places

And of course there are the discarded EJ players, but how many ?

But they are in 2 grand finals this weekend BJ, isn't that the measure of a successful season?

Why Blue
21-08-2015, 08:48 AM
But they are in 2 grand finals this weekend BJ, isn't that the measure of a successful season?

Yep no doubt Magic have had a great year in NPL Youth and I don't think it will matter how many kids leave......there will be plenty happy to replace them
From my observations in 15's Magic had several quality players but never really looked like a "team" lot of individual play

Anyway good luck to all kids involved in Grand Finals this Sunday,looking forwRd to some great football

early_to_the_match
21-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Yep no doubt Magic have had a great year in NPL Youth and I don't think it will matter how many kids leave......there will be plenty happy to replace them
From my observations in 15's Magic had several quality players but never really looked like a "team" lot of individual play

Anyway good luck to all kids involved in Grand Finals this Sunday,looking forwRd to some great football

They must have looked alright WB when they beat your 15s 4-1 with only 10 boys. Maybe the concerns about the coaching were true and explains their end of season meltdown.
But good luck on Sunday and hopefully the Blues can go back to back.

Why Blue
21-08-2015, 12:14 PM
They must have looked alright WB when they beat your 15s 4-1 with only 10 boys. Maybe the concerns about the coaching were true and explains their end of season meltdown.
But good luck on Sunday and hopefully the Blues can go back to back.

Does the 4-1 with 10 exemplify what I'm saying ?? Then to go down 4-2 a few weeks later ??? What happened

I've said all year that Magic 15's were team to beat, comp was theirs to lose
And they did. But I have also said for two years now that CCB 15's have had the best coach in the NPL, shame he is moving on, but gives the boys some extra motivation

early_to_the_match
21-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Does the 4-1 with 10 exemplify what I'm saying ?? Then to go down 4-2 a few weeks later ??? What happened

And they did. But I have also said for two years now that CCB 15's have had the best coach in the NPL, shame he is moving on, but gives the boys some extra motivation

Big difference between losing 1 game and "never really looked like a 'team'". 2 losses and both at home, behind on the table and miles behind on for and against. Magic must have had something, but as both teams seem to agree the coaching was strange if not pathetic from one.

Why Blue
21-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Big difference between losing 1 game and "never really looked like a 'team'". 2 losses and both at home, behind on the table and miles behind on for and against. Magic must have had something, but as both teams seem to agree the coaching was strange if not pathetic from one.

Just an observation !!!

So I take you will be early to the match at another club ........

early_to_the_match
21-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Not my team so no change for me. Did see them at their best and it was pretty special. A shame to see any team loose so much confidence.

NewyTy
21-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I've done a special preview for this weekend's Youth GF's. Weird to not see an Olympic team in any of the grades. An even spread of a few different clubs across the day.

My Tips:
Under 13's: Mid North Coast 3-1 Edgeworth
Under 14's: Adamstown 2-2 Broadmeadow (Magic on Pens)
Under 15's: Charlestown 2-0 Weston
Under 17's: Broadmeadow 1-1 Emerging Jets (Magic on Pens)

Link to my preview:

http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/preview-npl-youth-grand-final-day.html

early_to_the_match
21-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks NT. Like all your efforts throughout the year and would like to see those predictions come true.

NewyTy
21-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Thanks NT. Like all your efforts throughout the year and would like to see those predictions come true.

Thanks, would have kept more info about the Youth but hard to stay up to date with the constant washouts and that. Would like to add that comp to my weekly work if I can find the time.

Why Blue
22-08-2015, 07:25 AM
I've done a special preview for this weekend's Youth GF's. Weird to not see an Olympic team in any of the grades. An even spread of a few different clubs across the day.

My Tips:
Under 13's: Mid North Coast 3-1 Edgeworth
Under 14's: Adamstown 2-2 Broadmeadow (Magic on Pens)
Under 15's: Charlestown 2-0 Weston
Under 17's: Broadmeadow 1-1 Emerging Jets (Magic on Pens)

Link to my preview:

http://www.newysports.com/2015/08/preview-npl-youth-grand-final-day.html

Nice work NT
Thanks for coverage and look forward to next year

I like your predictions, but not sure magic will pens in 17's.......would like to see EJ15s do them, they are a much improved team under CZ but just think Magic 17 have been strong all year.........but stranger things have happened !!!!!!

And will take 2-0 for CCB v Weston both teams have improved considerably since they last played so should be a great game
Looking forward to a great day of footy

Footyhead
22-08-2015, 10:50 PM

Good luck to the boys WB

Why Blue
23-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Good luck to the boys WB

Thanks FH
Just gets down to 70mins now
They are well prepared, will see who wants it more !!!

ForeverRed
23-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Any scores from the grand finals

late_to_the_game
23-08-2015, 08:03 PM
14's Magic 1-0 over Adamstown.

NewyTy
23-08-2015, 09:21 PM
17's was Emerging Jets 15's beating Magic 2-0
15's was Charlestown City winning over Weston on penalties
13's was Mid North Coast 4-0 over Edgeworth

big jim
31-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Well another year over and belated congrats to winners

So now we move into 2016
Clubs madly trying to secure the kids they want, most holding inter club trials plus a few from other clubs naughty fella's
CCB losing their highly successful 15's coach to jets I hear, maybe changes there, Why Blue might chip in
Magic telling all that coach would be moved on but then retained, what will happen there.
Anyway. Always an interesting time of year

Go Weston

Why Blue
31-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Well another year over and belated congrats to
winners

So now we move into 2016
Clubs madly trying to secure the kids they want, most holding inter club trials plus a few from other clubs naughty fella's
CCB losing their highly successful 15's coach to jets I hear, maybe changes there, Why Blue might chip in
Magic telling all that coach would be moved on but then retained, what will happen there.
Anyway. Always an interesting time of year

Go Weston

Yes BJ CCB 15's coach is moving on
Will be missed, leaves a big hole
I'm not too sure what will happen, have heard plenty but will see

And sorry about the Weston bit lol

hamburgler
31-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Yes BJ CCB 15's coach is moving on
Will be missed, leaves a big hole
I'm not too sure what will happen, have heard plenty but will see

And sorry about the Weston bit lol

Where is the young fella going to WB?

Doggydingo
03-09-2015, 11:22 AM
I thought trials were not suppose to start until later in the year.

football_macigian23
03-09-2015, 12:07 PM

They aren't but teams are doing trials now

big jim
03-09-2015, 12:28 PM

lol

I would think by now most clubs have the kids they want, including kids from other clubs

All over red rover

TimeAddedOn
03-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Supposedly Clubs are not to hold trials until after Emerging Jets have held their trials. Which I heard was late Sept early Oct.

GO AWAY
03-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Where is the young fella going to WB?

I heard he went to the jets, correct me if im wrong, but has CCB won three GF in a row in the U15 NPL age group ??

big jim
03-09-2015, 04:54 PM
I heard he went to the jets, correct me if im wrong, but has CCB won three GF in a row in the U15 NPL age group ??

Congrats for winning the GF, now how many players can we pinch
Any idea how many other CCB players to jets ??

CCB can't have won three in a row in 15's NPL as comp is only 2nd year in
And I think Weston won 15 NPL last year

football_macigian23
03-09-2015, 08:45 PM
lol

I would think by now most clubs have the kids they want, including kids from other clubs

All over red rover

Yep - most clubs have already picked their sides

big jim
04-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Well isn't this another fine mess. Clubs holding trials, players training with Emerging Jets for selection, current Emerging Jets trialling with clubs, cause they don't know their future

Clubs wanting $$$ to secure positions

All this before trials start in oct

All very funny

ForeverRed
04-09-2015, 06:26 PM
an email from nnswf yesterday should put a stop to all this

Zico
04-09-2015, 06:31 PM
The best clubs throughout the world scout to ensure they get the best available talent at the earliest opportunity. Only a poorly run club would stick to this rule and jeopardize the future development of the clubs playing ranks.
The fact that NNSWF even think they can dictate to clubs when and how they can conduct their trials / selections for the coming season is laughable at best and highlights the arrogance of the people involved at Speers Point.
On another note, the Jets charging kids to trial is a disgrace. NNSWF/FFA or whoever it is to blame need a dose of reality and realize we should be encouraging our best talent to stay in the game via many ways but a big help would be making the elite pathway as cheap as possible so the best kids have the opportunity to advance instead of only the kids who have parents who can afford it.

hamburgler
04-09-2015, 06:37 PM
The best clubs throughout the world scout to ensure they get the best available talent at the earliest opportunity. Only a poorly run club would stick to this rule and jeopardize the future development of the clubs playing ranks.
The fact that NNSWF even think they can dictate to clubs when and how they can conduct their trials / selections for the coming season is laughable at best and highlights the arrogance of the people involved at Speers Point.
On another note, the Jets charging kids to trial is a disgrace. NNSWF/FFA or whoever it is to blame need a dose of reality and realize we should be encouraging our best talent to stay in the game via many ways but a big help would be making the elite pathway as cheap as possible so the best kids have the opportunity to advance instead of only the kids who have parents who can afford it.

Great post Zico, could not agree more

Why Blue
08-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Are you serious ??? Paying to trial at EJ's !!!!!
I have long said the EJ program should be free and whilst that may not be possible every effort should be being made to contain costs to an absolute minimum, so the program isn't just for those that can afford it !!!!

But then again there is no end to the line up of egotistical parents who seem happy to pay extrodinary amounts of money to progress thier next champion, surely some of the parents in the older age groups are starting to realise their child is NOT the next best thing, they have already been identified and sent to AIS the rest are just contributing to squad numbers and sharing the financial load, but thank god they do ........

And of course lets not forget that NNSWF have other development program's like the W Leage Jets to fund !!!!!

Surely it's time for some sense at Speers Point !!!!!

q-money
08-09-2015, 08:12 PM
get your kids to play tennis, the payoff is much better

Why Blue
08-09-2015, 08:15 PM
get your kids to play tennis, the payoff is much better
Golf..........longer playing career and apparently a bit of fun off the course !!!!!

football_macigian23
08-09-2015, 08:25 PM

Definitely hasn't put a stop to it.. I know of a couple teams trialing tonight

Why Blue
08-09-2015, 08:35 PM

Why would clubs stop ??? They need to do the best thing by themselves and attract the most suitable players available to enhance their squads

Sit back and listen to Northern why other clubs secure those kids !!!!!

Also shows the complete irrelevance if NNSWF .........

Jardelsimage
08-09-2015, 08:49 PM
As the emerging jets are meant to be the next step to reaching the aleague or wleague, my thoughts are that if your picked to play in these comps you should not be charged a thing.
It would make sense to then attract the best players on ability alone, not who has a cashed up parent who can pay the fees they want.
I was told approx. $1400, could be wrong to play EJ if this is true, x that by 17-18 players = about 25K, x that by at least 4 sides in the NPL comp, + there is another U/11's comp that seems to have 3 jets sides, red, blue and gold.
Rough calcs 100K plus, girls sides?? to go on top of that could be 150K
Do NPL jets get paid, I assume they would, if so are our so called elite youth funding the NPL team?
as said earlier would it not be in the best interest of the Jets to basically pay them(no charges) to play for them...

Goatscheese
08-09-2015, 10:01 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think the clubs are going to follow some pesky regulations set by Northern.

Goatscheese
08-09-2015, 10:06 PM

There is a difference between approaching players and asking them to come trail and offering them a spot before trails. Even bigger difference between offering a kid a spot and actually holding trails. Though I do agree with you it's arrogant for Northern to think clubs will follow their so-called rules esepically since Northern can't/won't penalise clubs that break any of their regulations.

And it isn't something like $50 either it's a lot of money to go and trail where you MIGHT get selected. Northern are turning this sport into an elite sport and I don't mean in terms of talent I mean in terms of deep pockets. Where if you are rich enough and/or silly enough your kid will get in while the more talented players will fall away.

big jim
09-09-2015, 04:12 PM
There is a difference between approaching players and asking them to come trail and offering them a spot before trails. Even bigger difference between offering a kid a spot and actually holding trails. Though I do agree with you it's arrogant for Northern to think clubs will follow their so-called rules esepically since Northern can't/won't penalise clubs that break any of their regulations.

And it isn't something like $50 either it's a lot of money to go and trail where you MIGHT get selected. Northern are turning this sport into an elite sport and I don't mean in terms of talent I mean in terms of deep pockets. Where if you are rich enough and/or silly enough your kid will get in while the more talented players will fall away.

Yeah great post

I think most clubs are approaching and asking to come and "have a run with us" so probably within guidelines
But I do know of clubs wanting $$$ now to secure spots

And too late the EJ program has already turned into an elite program well above what most average people could pay, program fee's are just the start. For gods sake who can afford a bacon & egg roll and coffee at Speers Point ??

The Magician
09-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah great post

I think most clubs are approaching and asking to come and "have a run with us" so probably within guidelines
But I do know of clubs wanting $$$ now to secure spots

And too late the EJ program has already turned into an elite program well above what most average people could pay, program fee's are just the start. For gods sake who can afford a bacon & egg roll and coffee at Speers Point ??

If your club is asking for $$$ now that means that they ain't got any money to pay the first grade players before presentation night.

Dontknowmuch
09-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Thats funny, but could be very true. But I think the ,main reason is so they wont go anywhere else because they have already paid.

big jim
09-09-2015, 05:13 PM
If your club is asking for $$$ now that means that they ain't got any money to pay the first grade players before presentation night.

No way mr magician club told me that $$$ was to secure my sons spot in 2016 squad

But never fear I didn't pay and told them that his acceptance should be enough, given that NNSWF condone asking for money up front

Haven't been hassled since

But I so know that a lot of parents did pay

big jim
09-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Thats funny, but could be very true. But I think the ,main reason is so they wont go anywhere else because they have already paid.

Nah sorry

As per previous post I know of a lot of parents who handed over $$$
Most will try for other clubs and blow the $$$ if they feel the other club is a better option

football_macigian23
09-09-2015, 05:31 PM

It's definitely to help pay their first grade players.. Most parents will pay!

football_macigian23
09-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Any coaching changes happening?? Have heard Magic 14s and 15s coaches leaving?? :wtf:

Dontknowmuch
09-09-2015, 05:45 PM
How much are they expected to pay? The full rego amount? How much is the full rego for NPL Youth kids and what do they get for there money? A typical Inderstrict kid pays about $200 a season, I believe.

football_macigian23
09-09-2015, 05:56 PM
How much are they expected to pay? The full rego amount? How much is the full rego for NPL Youth kids and what do they get for there money? A typical Inderstrict kid pays about $200 a season, I believe.

I don't think any ask for full rego payment but they are expected to pay a fair chunk.. Most clubs are around the $7-800 mark I believe.. Could be wrong though

They get 'proper' coaching, training kit, match kit all that kind of gear and they help pay for the first graders

Goatscheese
09-09-2015, 06:08 PM

It's ridiculous, not sure if it is Northern greed or if they need to get the money so they can pay back the amount spent on the undersized facility they bought there. Even hiring a 5-a-side field for an hour is more than what it is worth. Not to mention the cost of entering a team in their Football 5 comps and if you do manage to win you only get your money back, certainly not worth participating.

Goatscheese
09-09-2015, 06:10 PM

Also a way of securing the players if they pay a deposit now less likely for them to look at other clubs.

Though I do know CCB tried this not long ago making players pay this year for next year and were told off by Northern for it. The reason for it was as you say to pay the first grade players at Presentation night.

Goatscheese
09-09-2015, 06:12 PM

CCB last year were charging around $1000 for their U14 players to play. Sure you get all this gear but **** big question is if it is worth it.

ForeverRed
09-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Correct

early_to_the_match
09-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Any coaching changes happening?? Have heard Magic 14s and 15s coaches leaving?? :wtf:
Heard it's either the coach or the players. Interesting to see what happens.

Why Blue
09-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Heard it's either the coach or the players. Interesting to see what happens.

I was talking with a parent very recently who was taking his son to Magic 17's trial and was certain that this years 15 coach was signed for next years 17's something this parent was happy with !!!

Why Blue
09-09-2015, 07:35 PM
CCB last year were charging around $1000 for their U14 players to play. Sure you get all this gear but **** big question is if it is worth it.

Maybe your $1k included a bloody lot of additional kit ???
I paid $600 for 15's. or maybe you paid more for your coach haha

Thomas477
10-09-2015, 12:02 AM

Jaffas juniors pay about $220 plus game fees, which may add about $120, so that's $340 without kit, top quality training balls, top quality training ground, qualified coaches, gear, higher paid referees etc.

Goatscheese
10-09-2015, 01:21 AM

You were at CCB? Yes there was a lot of gear that was provided with it though.

Why Blue
10-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Jaffas juniors pay about $220 plus game fees, which may add about $120, so that's $340 without kit, top quality training balls, top quality training ground, qualified coaches, gear, higher paid referees etc.

Note to Jaffa's marketing dept.......next time provide link to online rego 😄😄

Why Blue
10-09-2015, 08:44 AM
You were at CCB? Yes there was a lot of gear that was provided with it though.

Yes was at CCB last two years and that is were I saved some $$$ didn't need to buy a lot of kit again
Sounds like you must have bought the lot

early_to_the_match
10-09-2015, 12:50 PM
I was talking with a parent very recently who was taking his son to Magic 17's trial and was certain that this years 15 coach was signed for next years 17's something this parent was happy with !!!
Always enjoy a sh#t stirring comedian.

Why Blue
10-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Always enjoy a sh#t stirring comedian.

Me too !!!! But not on this
I have no idea what will happen, just saying what I heard 😉

Why Blue
21-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Interested in others opinion
Read last week from both new coaches at Jets Youth & Jets WPL that they will be looking to import, from other area's and possibly overseas some players to strengthen their respective teams
Why do we have an emerging jets program if these kids aren't going to be promoted into these teams ????
Or look in the NPL clubs ???plenty of 16,17& 18 yo kids playing senior NPL football, clubs give these younger kids a chance because they see some future in them but these kids are outside of the elite program so obviously invisible !!!

I personally know of one 16yo who had just signed with an NPL club looking at 22's with progression to 1st grade.... Is he not an option to Jets Youth ??? If not why not ????

Or maybe he is smart and securing positions at a club whilst the "elite" keep paying big bucks only to have imports brought in over them at the end ( youth ) and with no real connection to a club ???

Or should we as an area demand that EJ's must provide player path to youth ???

Really cheeses me off that NNSWF pay money for players
Money that is not theirs it's money we pay in our rego
Money that parents of U6 & 7 pay expecting the game to develop thier kids ???

Any thoughs

The Northern Defender
21-09-2015, 03:15 PM
I think that this has always been the case Blue and will continue to be. Is it right or wrong?
Maybe it is but I guess that not all EJs will make it into the Youth anyway but you would hope that some will, but as a Jets fan you obviously also want the best of whatever youth you can get coming through your system. Obviously the coaches must feel the sides need strengthening?

Your comments about the elite program echo my own views and it is definitely frustrating that some kids and their parents will be paying this money and most will not play for the Jets senior side. Surely the parents should realise this?

I think that unless the 16yo is already part of the NTC group as well as one of the "ultra elite" he is smart to get off this bandwagon and look at other options.

Just my thoughts anyway FWIW.

The Magician
22-09-2015, 02:12 PM
Emerging Jets only take players from Magic... if your local and want to play jets and not already in the system... Start at Magic...

Lets go around the clubs... how many of your players have made the step up to the Jets after this season...

Magic- 5

Dontknowmuch
22-09-2015, 03:42 PM
You dont have to be at The Ejets or any other elite program to become a good player. Actually you will find that most kids from elite programs by the age of 18 when they are finally discarded after paying huges fees for years will actually be a lot worse off than those who have not come thru an 'elite program'.

The program is set up for the parents. Firstly to extract money from them and secondly so they can put high expectations on their child which will cause them to pay more money to help the child reach the parents expectations. Its no good for young kids. Don't worry about what club you are at if you are good enough you will make it when the time is right for you. Just like the Jets youth are doing now.

big jim
22-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Emerging Jets only take players from Magic... if your local and want to play jets and not already in the system... Start at Magic...

Lets go around the clubs... how many of your players have made the step up to the Jets after this season...

Magic- 5

Well why do the other clubs exist ???

Magic, feeder club to Emerging Jets

Well I suppose when you winge often enough, like a 4yo and lollies

All clubs need to lift their games and be like magic

And I suppose Emerging Jets should be your goal as a magic NPL youth player
They don't promote them thru to first grade

Goatscheese
22-09-2015, 08:26 PM

It helps to have people in the right places, with Northern it's not about how good you are it's about hw good you know the right people.

Unless you're Maco

Doggydingo
23-09-2015, 01:51 PM

Magic- 5
How many from magic 15's got in?? Heard they had some coaching dramas

Doggydingo
23-09-2015, 01:55 PM

Funny and so true!

The Magician
23-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Well if your 18/19 playing and regularly playing Magic first grade you get snapped up by the jets, and the comment "they dont promote" is far from the truth... our best get taken before they can establish themselves as regulars, or have just established themselves in our first grade team... Examples- Ben Kantarovski, Andrew Hoole, Michael Kantarovski, Jayden Barber, Kale Bradbery, Alex Kantarovski, Simon Mooney... Ok two of those are stand outs and i hope to see them in the A-league forever and a day... Now theres good young kids at Edgy, why don't they get given a go at jets? Maybe Clayton does not want to upset Damien's squad dynamic? Why are they not being invited to train? Why do other clubs exist? But lets look towards Magic!!!

If they are still playing first grade whats the difference if they train 3 times a week with the jets, train friday nights with their respective clubs and play with their club on the weekend versus the jets. Obviously they will play under the jets for the NYL if they are eligible. Game day only counts for 20-25% of their development during the winter season. I'm sure the clubs would even support the Jets directing which position they prefer for the player to be played. Reality (and history) dictates that, in the end the Jets are just going to dump the locals for Sydney's rejects anyways (as what happens every NYL season), locals in the stands in their tracksuits as the city slickers ply their trade in the critical positions, so why further punish the local clubs.

Now considering no player in the last 3 years has been taken into the Jets system from clubs other than Magic i don't expect you all to empathise. Therefore i challenge the Jets to give anyone 18-20 playing first grade at clubs other than Magic a go and ignore Sydney, rant over.

namwob99
23-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Why do people always say rant over at the end? Just use a full stop and people will know it's over.

Why Blue
23-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Now considering no player in the last 3 years has been taken into the Jets system from clubs other than Magic i don't expect you all to empathise. Therefore i challenge the Jets to give anyone 18-20 playing first grade at clubs other than Magic a go and ignore Sydney, rant over.

Mate you need to get of magic park !!!! No other club has had a kid go emerging jets in last 3 yrs ????? Are you serious

Go away and check your facts......ppl might take you a bit more serious then

And to make it a bit easier for you look at Adamstown , Olympic, CCB & edgy off the top of my head

Maybe a more factual statement might have been....... Magic, no other club has taken so may EJ discards in the last three years..............

The Magician
23-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Have you got examples of players from U19's, U22's, or first grade players going to emerging jets/ jets youth from Adamstown, olympic, ccb, or edgy?

Why Blue
23-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Have you got examples of players from U19's, U22's, or first grade players going to emerging jets/ jets youth from Adamstown, olympic, ccb, or edgy?

Hmmmm mate this is NPL Youth ???

I personally know bugger all about seniors as it really doesn't interest me yet maybe one day

Also your initial post said that emerging jets only take players from Magic ??? Emerging Jets can't take players from 19's or 22's

Look outside magic park buddy........a whole different world exists !!!!!

big jim
24-09-2015, 06:18 PM

Magic- 5

Hey blue you were niave in your question about should Jets youth take kids from EJ program

You obviously forgot about the regions premier elite junior football program, the magic stars

Thank goodness we have magic hey

Bremsstrahlung
25-09-2015, 03:07 AM

Mason Campbell.
Taylor Regan.
Dino Faj

early_to_the_match
25-09-2015, 08:24 AM
From what I've heard, a lot of kids from Magic will be going to other programs next year and its not the jets. Next years 15s and 17s will apparently have lots of new faces, if they can make up the numbers.

Why Blue
25-09-2015, 08:29 AM
From what I've heard, a lot of kids from Magic will be going to other programs next year and its not the jets. Next years 15s and 17s will apparently have lots of new faces, if they can make up the numbers.

I'm guessing that other program will wear orange ????

Y Bloo?
25-09-2015, 08:33 AM
I heard a name change to South Broadmeadow Magic.

Sacre Bleu
25-09-2015, 08:39 AM
Is this all about the coach selections?

I'm guessing that other program will wear orange ????

hamburgler
25-09-2015, 09:50 AM

I heard the same thing - heard only half a dozen from the 15s are returning next year

Why Blue
25-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Is this all about the coach selections?

Yep agreed
So who are coaches at Valo next year

football_macigian23
25-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Don't think they've announced anything? Neil Orr is the TD - Mick Hugo coaching there somewhere?

Why Blue
25-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Yep nothing on Valo web site
I was asked a while back on a cold Friday night at crodace bay what my young bloke was doing 2016 to which I replied it all depends on coaching and asked that when coach was known to let me know
Have not heard anything since so can only assume no coach appointed OR coach and team being bought in as a selective group

Rumours suggest the 2nd as does common sence as all teams are done by now.

So who are Valo coach's ????

mother theresa
25-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Yep nothing on Valo web site
I was asked a while back on a cold Friday night at crodace bay what my young bloke was doing 2016 to which I replied it all depends on coaching and asked that when coach was known to let me know
Have not heard anything since so can only assume no coach appointed OR coach and team being bought in as a selective group

Rumours suggest the 2nd as does common sence as all teams are done by now.

So who are Valo coach's ????

phil stubbins:rof:

GO AWAY
25-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Azzuri 22s coach, some well credentialled coach from the central coast, name escapes me, hope this helps haha

Why Blue
25-09-2015, 04:39 PM
phil stubbins:rof:

MT. Welcome back

You can do better than that...... No parent is gonna let him coach their kid

Why Blue
25-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Azzuri 22s coach, some well credentialled coach from the central coast, name escapes me, hope this helps haha

Graham Hills ?????

GO AWAY
25-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Graham Hills ?????

No, he was this years, talking about next year

Old Boy
29-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Anybody know if Weston or Maitland have also already picked their sides before the "official trials" in a couple of weeks?

Why Blue
29-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Anybody know if Weston or Maitland have also already picked their sides before the "official trials" in a couple of weeks?

I would suggest so !!!!!

He who hesitates is lost !!!

I believe a few magic boys going to maitland or so I heard
All will be revealed next week

Old Boy
29-09-2015, 09:55 PM
I would suggest so !!!!!

Do you know which age group the Magic boys going into?

Why Blue
30-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Do you know which age group the Magic boys going into?

This years 15's and makes sense that maitland would be looking to strengthen thier 17 & 19's as they were poor this year and are critical age groups for senior development

Reality is that clubs have done their best to secure improvements to their teams
Trials are formality and timing is simply to keep NNSWF happy
Kids have been " training " with clubs since before season ended

big jim
30-09-2015, 09:22 AM
I would suggest so !!!!!

I pre registered my son on one clubs web site, got a call that night from that club, quick discussion led to an offer of position, later confirmed , but he had to attend "trial"

So would agree that most clubs and teams are pretty much picked

hamburgler
30-09-2015, 10:29 AM
I pre registered my son on one clubs web site, got a call that night from that club, quick discussion led to an offer of position, later confirmed , but he had to attend "trial"

So would agree that most clubs and teams are pretty much picked

Similar story with my son.

The whole hands-off till October approach by Northern is a crock!

ForeverRed
30-09-2015, 11:26 AM
All because clubs need your money now to pay their players, your kids no better then any other they only want your coin

30-09-2015, 12:01 PM
All because clubs need your money now to pay their players, your kids no better then any other they only want your coin

Isn't that the truth, Every second team and kid we now use words like Academy , Development and Elite to describe just so they and there ( my kids the best parents ) can be milked for silly coin. Tis truly got out of hand.

We have so many of these now so called elites and programmes running that the truly talented ones are getting lost in the crowd.

Living the dream eh, Just who is living it for who ?.

hamburgler
30-09-2015, 12:14 PM

You are a clown!

I am under no illusion as to my son's ability, unlike many in this town (especially those in the E.Jets system). I made no comment about his ability and how the f**k would you know how good he is???

And the club my son has chosen to go to, will be seeking payment in January, not now.

Why Blue
30-09-2015, 12:28 PM
You are a clown!

I am under no illusion as to my son's ability, unlike many in this town (especially those in the E.Jets system). I made no comment about his ability and how the f**k would you know how good he is???

And the club my son has chosen to go to, will be seeking payment in January, not now.

X2

Club chosen by my son has not even mentioned $$$

I know CCB asked for money and I'm sure plenty paid but don't assume every one is the same

No mention was made of paying $$ to secure positions in any post

Why do you come in swinging blaming patents for being precious ???
Truth is all clubs are offering positions before trials any player or even parent acting on behalf of their child is looking to secure those positions now..... before trials

big jim
30-09-2015, 02:22 PM

Mate I will await your apology
Tell me were I indicated my son was the next Cahill
Tell me were I said I paid money
Tell me were I said my kid was better than any other

Read first please

Why so bitter ?

cobra23
30-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Mate I will await your apology
Tell me were I indicated my son was the next Cahill
Tell me were I said I paid money
Tell me were I said my kid was better than any other

Read first please

Why so bitter ?

Dont worry about forevered,
Thats what southy do so they can make sure they have enough chicken food to feed there first grade chickens (i meant players.)
But you will not have to worry about playing and stepping in chicken poo next season.. unless your kids team will be playing newfm.