PDA

View Full Version : Four months in limbo aka David Carney

Premy
04-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Feel free to change Thread Title if Mr Bon doesn't like it.

parksey
05-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Good title

q-money
05-02-2014, 12:55 AM
i'm a big fan he reminds me of hamma

pudy
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Hope I'm mistaken but he looks like he's injured himself at training today

pv4
05-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Big fan of the thread title

sh10
05-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Hope I'm mistaken but he looks like he's injured himself at training today

Leant in for a pash and knocked his head?

Bon
06-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Oh, I see whats going on here.. hahaha..

Premy
06-02-2014, 01:42 PM
576Hamma can confirm this is bon and his missus.

Bon
06-02-2014, 01:49 PM

:lulz:

hawk
06-02-2014, 02:54 PM

Bon and hammer close buddies? free country, ok

dink
06-02-2014, 04:08 PM
I came in here to read a thread about David Carney?
First ten posts and two of them were about David Carney.
The rest either about Bon or the title of thread.
If your ganna change the title take the "David Carney" bit out.

Bon
06-02-2014, 04:38 PM

You seem surprised that this sort of idiocy is going on in the forum, Dink??

plague
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM
I always kind of wished there was only one thread on the fox and everyone could just steer in whichever direction.

Mayhem.

Grimario
06-02-2014, 04:46 PM

Surely you realise that that's pretty much what the foz is, right?

dink, the clown. Just missing the O.

Kind of like Bon's missus ever since she left Carney, so I hear.

Bon
06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Surely you realise that that's pretty much what the foz is, right?

dink, the clown. Just missing the O.

:what:

sh10
06-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Just missing the O.

:lol:

dink
07-02-2014, 06:16 PM
You seem surprised that this sort of idiocy is going on in the forum, Dink??

Sorry I should have used the sarcasm typeface.

On the plus side there is still only 2 posts on David Carney in this thread.

Beeen
07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
3. David Carney is a walloper

MFKS
18-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets winger David Carney believes he is close to finding his best form after making his first starting appearance for the Jets in Saturday’s F3 Derby against the Central Coast Mariners at Bluetongue Stadium.

Carney said he felt the hit out against the Mariners would hold him in good stead for the remaining four matches of the season, starting on Saturday against Wellington Phoenix at Hunter Stadium.

“I felt alright during the game. I got through 80 minutes, which surprised me, but I’m glad to get that under my belt,” Carney said.

“I was a bit tight today and I think two days after (a game) is always a hard one, but I got through training fine and hopefully come the end of the week I’ll be fresh for Wellington.

“After that 80 minutes on the weekend, I think he next game hopefully you’ll see the better out of me.

“I’m experienced enough now to know my body and know when to push and when not to push, so hopefully come the finals few weeks of the season I can hit form.”

Carney said he felt he built chemistry with his teammates in the front third - Joel Griffiths, Emile Heskey and Adam Taggart – throughout the contest.

“Joel’s an experienced player, he’s been there, done that and he’s started hitting form recently,” Carney said.

“Particularly in the second half I think we started combining really well, it was just unfortunate we couldn’t get that goal.

“I wanted to keep the width, but as the game went on I wanted to get on the ball more, so I started coming inside to make that extra man.

“I wanted to make sure it was the right time, otherwise you can get caught out.

“I think we did that quite well, we linked up and got into the box a few times, but like I said, it was just unfortunate we didn’t get the goal.”

Despite the result against the Mariners, Carney was optimistic the Jets could draw on the positives from that performance to secure a positive result against Wellington Phoenix at Hunter Stadium on Saturday.

“It wasn’t good the way we lost and it was unfortunate with the way we conceded a couple of the goals, but I thought the reaction was great,” Carney said.

“As for the performance I thought we were much better than them, which we can take confidence out of coming into the final games.

“Especially in the second half, I thought for a good 20 or 30 minutes, we dominated them and played really well.

“We played with a lot of aggression and a lot of pace and I thought we were on top for most of the game.”

Carney said he the Jets’ focused remained firmly on working their way back into the top six and qualifying for the Hyundai A-League Finals Series.

“You need a bit of experience now with four games left to get into the playoffs, but it’s all in our hands and that’s the good thing about it,” Carney said.

“If we can win two and get a draw, I think that will be enough to get us through.

“I’m confident in the boys that we can do that, we’ve got a great team spirit, there’s a great energy about the lads and hopefully fingers crossed we can get a win this week and go on a bit of a run again.”

Other than the blokes free kicks thought the bloke was good value the other night. Sure a little off in quality with a chance but that will come with fitness/games. Would like to see us sign him long term as he would be a great asset at HAL level

Premy
18-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Other than the blokes free kicks thought the bloke was good value the other night. Sure a little off in quality with a chance but that will come with fitness/games. Would like to see us sign him long term as he would be a great asset at HAL level
If you had the chance to get Burns back next season or sign Carney who would you prefer?

Or let Goodwin go and have both Burns and Carney?

MFKS
18-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Carney no need to think about that

Carney when fit and playing will always be one of the best Aussie players in the HAL.

Burns has work to do on his game as we seen with the great runs but wasteful balls in'

Though the prospect of both would be good assuming we can free up the wasted money on Brown Gibbs and Bridges

Jeterpool
18-03-2014, 01:02 PM
I would take Burns and Carney at this stage.

WE are really missing Burns. He was coming good just at the end of is stint.

Has he been featuring for Incheon?

leftrightout
18-03-2014, 01:17 PM
I would take Burns and Carney at this stage.

WE are really missing Burns. He was coming good just at the end of is stint.

Yeh agree, i would definitely take burns back in a flash. I think we have missed him since he has gone!

Grimario
18-03-2014, 01:30 PM

I can't find mention of him anywhere so I am guessing not.

They've only recently started the season but he hasn't appeared on the bench in either of the opening 2 games.

Premy
18-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Or let Goodwin go and have both Burns and Carney?Scratch that I just remembered this
http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/newcastle-jets-news-display/Jets-resign-Goodwin/86251/5

hawk
25-12-2014, 01:26 AM
couldve jumped ship but didnt so kudos form me. still doing more than most in attack. Best stay away from defence.

would he have got game time with the smurfs?

MFKS
21-05-2015, 10:03 AM
Carney on FoX Sports this morning talking about Muppet and Jets

Got this Gem

First Muppet stopped Carney from leaving the Jets (SydneyFC) as he wanted him here in Newy then two weeks later he sacks him and wants nothing to do with him.

Knee Jerk Reaction:wtf:

idontwannaplaywithhowey
21-05-2015, 10:46 AM
I saw him on there a couple of days ago too. IN hindsight it certainly seems as though he had a whiff of something happening and the opportunity to stick around. Hopefully the FFA takeover means no more Stubbins (and Carney back).

borat
21-05-2015, 11:33 AM
Carney on FoX Sports this morning talking about Muppet and Jets

Got this Gem

First Muppet stopped Carney from leaving the Jets (SydneyFC) as he wanted him here in Newy then two weeks later he sacks him and wants nothing to do with him.

Knee Jerk Reaction:wtf:

I saw that. Although its completely the opposite to what Carney said at the time.

Jeterpool
03-02-2016, 11:41 AM
David Carney:

38 appearances for the Jets - 37 A-League and 1 FFA cup
Scored 4 goals and provided 11 assists (1 goal & 1 assist FFA Cup, 3 goals and 10 assists in A-League)
All goals were scored in the current season
W-D-L record with the Jets for Carney was 8-10-20
Carney made 7 appearances under Clayton Zane and 15 under both Phil Stubbins and Scott Miller.
Carney made his debut against Sydney FC, the club he has signed for.
Carney started in 35 of his 38 appearances for the club.

The Dunster
03-02-2016, 11:47 AM
David Carney:

38 appearances for the Jets - 37 A-League and 1 FFA cup
Scored 4 goals and provided 11 assists (1 goal & 1 assist FFA Cup, 3 goals and 10 assists in A-League)
All goals were scored in the current season
W-D-L record with the Jets for Carney was 8-10-20
Carney made 7 appearances under Clayton Zane and 15 under both Phil Stubbins and Scott Miller.
Carney made his debut against Sydney FC, the club he has signed for.
Carney started in 35 of his 38 appearances for the club.

So basically his goal scoring record for the Jets in A-league fixtures is exactly the same as Kew Jaliens - a defender,

Glad to see the back of him to be honest. No end product or defence.

MFKS
03-02-2016, 11:56 AM
So basically his goal scoring record for the Jets in A-league fixtures is exactly the same as Kew Jaliens - a defender,

Glad to see the back of him to be honest. No end product.

Yep and ****s were moaning about us losing at the weekend and Miller not playing him.

Whinging that his non selection means we have no one who can score.

He don't score much anyway

StannyCFCJET
03-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Yep and ****s were moaning about us losing at the weekend and Miller not playing him.

Whinging that his non selection means we have no one who can score.

He don't score much anyway

He may not score i hate him but who else is actually creating anything??

redwah
03-02-2016, 01:31 PM

Glad to see the back of him to be honest. No end product or defence.

I wonder if a stat can be found for how many we conceded down his side of the park because his laziness in defence was outstanding.....

Jeterpool
03-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Call opta

halo se7en
03-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Carney:

"Sydney FC is a huge club and we have a great chance of winning silverware this season."

:rof: Because you've contributed so much to their season already.

Roundball Enthusiast
03-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Carney:

"Sydney FC is a huge club and we have a great chance of winning silverware this season."

:rof: Because you've contributed so much to their season already.

Yeah, so huge. 3k more members this season with easily 4-5 times the population :D :D

halo se7en
03-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Now he's gone and bagged his teammates. Even though it's probably true, he's just showing himself up to be the arrogant **** that he is.

StannyCFCJET
03-02-2016, 07:51 PM
i wonder if a stat can be found for how many we conceded down his side of the park because his laziness in defence was outstanding.....

this xxxxxx 100

hawk
04-02-2016, 10:03 PM
so now gone?..... cnt

MFKS
04-02-2016, 10:14 PM
so now gone?..... cnt

You just be thankful they didn't get Hoole back

You would have had an epic meltdown if that had of eventuated

hawk
05-02-2016, 12:02 AM
You just be thankful they didn't get Hoole back

You would have had an epic meltdown if that had of eventuated

probs, but if he (still cnt) came back and bossed I could turn the coat. Play for the badge will support. good novo ay.

Jeterpool
05-02-2016, 03:03 PM
I was having a look on his Wiki page and Dave Carney has only made 154 professional league appearances in 14 years!

His most is 38 appearances for Sydney followed by 37 for us.

Grimario
05-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Going to go boo him tonight.

lquiquer
05-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Give it to him big time Grim......:thumbsup:

Grimario
05-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Interesting fact.

Devon isn't a thing down here so calling him Devon Head will just get me strange looks.

The Adelaide alternative is called Fritz, so I think Fritz Face will do just fine.

hawk
05-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Interesting fact.

Devon isn't a thing down here so calling him Devon Head will just get me strange looks.

The Adelaide alternative is called Fritz, so I think Fritz Face will do just fine.

devon is fkd but fritz is kvntage lolz

Wilso8948
05-02-2016, 05:27 PM
How's the irony.. Was booted from Allianz for booing carney and calling him a Devon head with all the Sydney supporters laughing along.. Now they're stuck with the ranga

boz-monaut
05-02-2016, 05:56 PM
call him fritz head so the locals with understand

or just call him ****, I'm pretty sure everyone uses that word for him

Jetmaster
05-02-2016, 08:10 PM
So....Boogs glad he's gone for starters according to NBN!

StannyCFCJET
05-02-2016, 10:05 PM
So....Boogs glad he's gone for starters according to NBN!

yeah loved the socceroos oh i mean sydney comment. Seems clear there was some friction in the dressinng room

MFKS
07-02-2016, 07:58 PM
Look a much better side without this ****ing pretender.

EAD Fritz

steve136
07-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Look a much better side without this ****ing pretender.

EAD Fritz

Amen. Good to see us with 10 blokes out there that can actually break into a f*cking run.

Good riddance.

belchardo
07-02-2016, 08:02 PM
11 men defending and look what happens!

MFKS
07-02-2016, 08:12 PM
I suppose the question of who Fritz upset in the squad has been answered

All of them

baldrick
07-02-2016, 09:17 PM
David Carney who ?

Bon
08-02-2016, 09:29 AM
:brrr:

Couscous
19-02-2016, 01:42 AM
Nice to hear David sounding so happy and upbeat these days. Listen to the latest Daily Football Show podcast to hear his thoughts on how wonderful a club is SFC.

leftrightout
19-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Nice to hear David sounding so happy and upbeat these days. Listen to the latest Daily Football Show podcast to hear his thoughts on how wonderful a club is SFC.

Hows sydneys results since he turned up compared to Jets since he left?

hawk
19-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Hows sydneys results since he turned up compared to Jets since he left?

exactly how we wanted it. Carn still giving

Bon
19-02-2016, 09:33 AM
exactly how we wanted it. Carn still giving

I'll tell you what, if Sydney keep going and drop out of the 6.. I'm going to lose my sh!t...

q-money
19-02-2016, 10:45 AM
agent carney, your work is done, return home to newy

GazFish35
19-02-2016, 11:35 AM
best bit was

Host: results not going to so well, lacking goals etc etc blah blah blah

David: when we gell, blah blah blah

Host: To be fair david, its round20

Jetmaster
19-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Looking forward to much ACL mirth.

Local Rules
19-02-2016, 12:51 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3736743/sydney-fc-coach-graham-arnold-working-harder-than-ever-to-pull-club-out-of-nosedive/?cs=2439

Note the comment from Arnold about players not tracking back. Carney only been there for a few weeks and already having an impact.

Bon
19-02-2016, 12:56 PM
:lulzturtle:

Jetmaster
19-02-2016, 02:18 PM
What a fool - he sounds like some business managers who think that to improve things you just work longer hours because it is up to them.

And like employees in that situation, SFC look like their morale is shot because they are being bullied into a system they don't want to play.

If Arnie let's his players off the leash they will play to their potential - it's sounding like GVE all over again.

Bon
19-02-2016, 02:44 PM
It just screams of "but I'm doing ok.. Look how late I'm working, I'm trying everything I can.. Please don't sack me"

plague
19-02-2016, 03:57 PM
and yet they are still 1000 points in front of the Jets.
Man it's great having zero expectations isn't it.

q-money
19-02-2016, 03:59 PM
plague aka graham arnold

plague
19-02-2016, 05:08 PM
plague aka graham arnold

that post was the refs fault

Jetmaster
19-02-2016, 08:00 PM
and yet they are still 1000 points in front of the Jets.

Ummm...no.

hawk
20-02-2016, 03:02 PM
that post was the refs fault

booooooooooo refereeeeeee. spose thats racist

MFKS
20-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Bloke is a flog.

Even in Thailand the locals are glad he gone from Newy

joel31
22-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Carney not to travel for ACL clash. So hes enjoying playing with higher quality teammates I see

Local Rules
23-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Carney not to travel for ACL clash. So hes enjoying playing with higher quality teammates I see

Arnold said he was older player and still needed to drop some kilos before being considered. Must have been the Latte's he was sucking down in Darby St instead of running his arse off.

redwah
23-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Arnold said he was older player and still needed to drop some kilos before being considered. Must have been the Latte's he was sucking down in Darby St instead of running his arse off.

He'll be begging to come back here where people (fox commentators especially) thought he was our best player.....all while doing very little running and even less tracking back.....**** him....he's a disgrace to Rangas everywhere!

Roundball Enthusiast
23-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Need Jeterpool to come in here with some stats of Sydney vs Newy performance since the fat **** left this place.

Football has been quality since he left. I almost went to the game Saturday, but I wanted us to win, so I stayed away.

Jeterpool
23-02-2016, 06:39 PM
See what I can do

stopper2
23-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Need Jeterpool to come in here with some stats of Sydney vs Newy performance since the fat **** left this place.

Football has been quality since he left. I almost went to the game Saturday, but I wanted us to win, so I stayed away.

Seen a snapshot of the last 5 rounds with Perth on a perfect 15, Jets in the middle with 7 points and Shitney on the bottom with 2!!!:grin:

Jeterpool
23-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Seen a snapshot of the last 5 rounds with Perth on a perfect 15, Jets in the middle with 7 points and Shitney on the bottom with 2!!!:grin:

I hope you apply for the summer program. Only problem is the graduate stats position reports to the junior vice president of stats...bodynovo

MFKS
24-02-2016, 01:08 PM
So Fritz is the anti christ??

Bon
24-02-2016, 01:12 PM
So Fritzl is the anti christ??

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/02293/01_DCHULK_2293834a.jpg

stopper2
24-02-2016, 05:39 PM
I hope you apply for the summer program. Only problem is the graduate stats position reports to the junior vice president of stats...bodynovo

Ha ha nice one Dave!

stopper2
24-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Anyone see the irony in that a factor in Carney signing for SFC was the carrot of playing ACL....and first game in, he is not even in the squad...blaaahhhhh :lol:

Here he was thinking...I get to showcase myself in the ACL and hopefully earn one last big paycheck with an Asian club....then the coach tells him that he needs to lose some kilos and would prefer younger players for the Urrawa Reds match!!!

Bon
25-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Anyone see the irony in that a factor in Carney signing for SFC was the carrot of playing ACL....and first game in, he is not even in the squad...blaaahhhhh :lol:

Here he was thinking...I get to showcase myself in the ACL and hopefully earn one last big paycheck with an Asian club....then the coach tells him that he needs to lose some kilos and would prefer younger players for the Urrawa Reds match!!!

Loving it..

StannyCFCJET
25-02-2016, 09:45 AM

He wont lose the kilos cause he barley runs around hahahaha

borat
25-02-2016, 03:40 PM
See I could see the logic in SFC signing Dave and us letting him go as a win win.

Sydney are seriously lacking creative talent. Holosko is a good player and has great engines but isn't going to be scoring regularly plus Smeltz has been dire. Without Ninkovic and Brosque they have little in attack. I can see why Arnie's thought Dave would add a spark that they would need to have any hope of cracking defences in the ACL.

We on the other hand were getting over run every week. Our front 3 barely moved and Dave was the worst of all, just infront of Triffunovic.

So I can see why on paper it made sense to both teams, but we certainly seem to be getting the better of the deal

plague
25-02-2016, 05:36 PM
so am i right in remembering that Carney used to wear #23 in his first stint?

and now he's gone all the way back there and has to watch Rhyan Grant run around in it.

the horror.

halo se7en
26-02-2016, 12:25 AM
See I could see the logic in SFC signing Dave and us letting him go as a win win.

Sydney are seriously lacking creative talent. Holosko is a good player and has great engines but isn't going to be scoring regularly plus Smeltz has been dire. Without Ninkovic and Brosque they have little in attack. I can see why Arnie's thought Dave would add a spark that they would need to have any hope of cracking defences in the ACL.

We on the other hand were getting over run every week. Our front 3 barely moved and Dave was the worst of all, just infront of Triffunovic.

So I can see why on paper it made sense to both teams, but we certainly seem to be getting the better of the deal

Absolutely. I know it's only four games in but we haven't missed him one bit, winning 2, drawing 1, scoring 7 goals in the process, and Sydney are yet to win in 5(?).

Beeen
26-02-2016, 08:31 AM
I bet he misses taking his boat out on the lake and gettin baked. Bad luck David

Jeterpool
26-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Absolutely. I know it's only four games in but we haven't missed him one bit, winning 2, drawing 1, scoring 7 goals in the process, and Sydney are yet to win in 5(?).

He wasn't there for Adelaide either. We lost that.

Bon
26-02-2016, 09:24 AM
I bet he misses taking his boat out on the lake and gettin baked. Bad luck David

Orchy sales in Newy have plummetted..

halo se7en
26-02-2016, 02:16 PM
He wasn't there for Adelaide either. We lost that.

He was still part of the club, and presumably in a grumpy mood as we left in Newcastle - so I'm not counting that :rof:

Jetmaster
26-02-2016, 02:21 PM
He was still part of the club, and presumably in a grumpy mood as we left in Newcastle - so I'm not counting that :rof:

It was the week after the 6-1 and SUG and Nobby came off the bench, the improvement was obvious.

hawk
28-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Orchy sales in Newy have plummetted..
passio nectar mmmm

Bon
07-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Couldn't even get on the bench for their fisting ala Bruno on the weekend..

lil_masi
07-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Couldn't even get on the bench for their fisting ala Bruno on the weekend..

He was suspended though

Jeterpool
07-03-2016, 01:38 PM
He was suspended though

Don't bring facts into it

Bon
07-03-2016, 01:54 PM
He was suspended though

God damnit.. Don't take this away from me..