PDA

View Full Version : Deans Out

MFKS
09-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I thought this bloke had been appointed the NYL Coach after GVE got the arse??

Bloke never coached them in their first game after his appointment as he was at Gosford with the HAL side and the Yoofs were in WA.

Last night it was not him pulling the strings on the sideline but Pascoe.

What the **** is going on??

What does this bloke actually ****ing do??

DEANS OUT

Hunter403
09-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Watched Zad go the sideline for instructions and he got them from Deans.

Thomas477
09-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Thought there was a thread on this, but whatever, I'm on the bandwagon.

howardyou
09-02-2014, 10:30 PM
I did notice a certain lack of clipboard since Zaney has taken over. Impressive.

joel31
09-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Something has to give. Deans out

MFKS
11-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Now that Milicic has left WSW Poppa needs a new assistant.

Know the perfect bloke for him

All that needs to be said is DEANS IN

Jeterpool
10-01-2020, 11:03 PM
Thread had been in hiatus for near 6 years.

Bump

The Dunster
11-01-2020, 03:12 PM
Let the carnage begin.

MFKS
12-01-2020, 10:01 PM
We were 1 point from top spot on the ladder when he arrived

We now 4 points from top spot

Dean's has got to go

Jeterpool
20-01-2020, 08:45 AM
Loss at the weekend has seen him lose his title as Jets manager with highest win percentage. That title now belongs to Ernie Merrick :lulz:

Ghost of Plague
10-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Blokes done nothing, no new players.
Fails to hail Griff.
Disc-race.

Discuss.

mic22
10-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Damn, this is harder than usual, the new coach is also the old coach...

Ghost of Plague
10-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Damn, this is harder than usual, the new coach is also the old coach...

Thats the point though.
Deans had gotten us off the bottom of the table and stared playing some ok football (considering how thin the squad is).
Yet the suits go and replace him with this Deans bloke who has to start all over again with his structure and tactics.
Its def fonna kill any momentum we had.
Baffling decision.

boz-monaut
10-02-2021, 01:52 PM
threads merged

Bremsstrahlung
10-02-2021, 02:54 PM
What a timeless thread. Started in 2014 and here we are

Hunter403
10-02-2021, 03:53 PM

Well he has certainly had a long appenticeship. Hope he is up to the job on a full time basis.

Retro Jet
10-02-2021, 04:34 PM
I guess this is now probably more about who is NOT head coach than who it is...

Retro Jet
10-02-2021, 04:37 PM

Now that Milicic has left WSW Poppa needs a new assistant.

Know the perfect bloke for him

All that needs to be said is DEANS IN

Yeah Brem...and look who the last person to post in it was :rof:

The Hacker
10-02-2021, 05:58 PM

The Member with the 1st post was ahead of his time. A modern day visionary

turbojetfireV8
10-02-2021, 08:02 PM
not really a Deans out comment, but I am not convinced as a coach he will have the ability to draw players to the club unless he pulls something spectacular out of the hat and we really punch well above our weight this season - at present I'm not confident we can do that, hate to say it but if we stay at 8th till season's end that may be an achievement in itself, I think we could punch well above our weight with the right tactics not unlike the end of last season, but can Deans get us to that level, does he have the smarts to get the team playing to that level?

Mark325
10-02-2021, 09:09 PM
I was happy to have Deans on for the remainder of this season, but giving him next year as well has me a lil concerned

StannyCFCJET
10-02-2021, 09:26 PM
I was happy to have Deans on for the remainder of this season, but giving him next year as well has me a lil concerned

He's earned a chance at a full season as head coach

The Dunster
11-02-2021, 01:31 PM
We have never had a coach who could bring quality players to the club for unders so it's unfair to expect it of Deans.

Like in the past we will need to roll the dice on players not getting starting 11 opportunities elsewhere looking for game time to showcase their talent.

We are lucky to have a club.

turbojetfireV8
15-05-2021, 12:16 AM
My brother found this the other day for $5 at cash converters and brought it over - after reading the intro for the instructions was wondering if I should lend it to Deansy so he can practise?? :popcorn:

Couscous
22-05-2021, 09:55 AM
I'm quite angry about this season and the club.

We had an experienced coach, GVE, willing to lead the team for a year or until we found a new owner. It wasn't a case of being "locked in" to GVE; he was happy to take the reins to help out until needed.

GVE has excellent ties with some of Australia's best young players, whom he planned to bring in. They trusted him and he would have given them time.

Instead, the club opted for an inexperienced underperformer and shuffled off several starting players without bringing in anyone. WTAF.

And WTAF is wrong with those of you who supported the club's decision to do this.

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2021, 10:05 AM

We had an experienced coach, GVE, willing to lead the team for a year or until we found a new owner. It wasn't a case of being "locked in" to GVE; he was happy to take the reins to help out until needed.

GVE has excellent ties with some of Australia's best young players, whom he planned to bring in. They trusted him and he would have given them time.

Instead, the club opted for an inexperienced underperformer and shuffled off several starting players without bringing in anyone. WTAF.

And WTAF is wrong with those of you whom supported the club's decision to do this.

We shuffled those senior players so the club would have money to keep its doors open

Thomas477
22-05-2021, 11:05 AM

And WTAF is wrong with those of you who supported the club's decision to do this.

Settle down Gary.

I agree that the decision to sign Deans for multiple years was a mistake, and while I wasn’t a fan of him being appointed I was willing to give him a go. However, that expired about 15 games back. Yes the cattle aren’t great, but he’s signed a third of them, and been involved with the club for long enough to know the other 2 thirds. The players also aren’t to blame for Deans keeping on trying to same tactics and being found out week after week.

Deans needs to go, and so do half the players. To be a professional player and not be able to deliver a decent cross, or jog half arsed back as the opposition is countering at speed is inexcusable.

This next 6 months will determine if we have a club, if they don’t manage to turn things around, that’s it. End of discussion.

22-05-2021, 11:40 AM

Hang on a minute, Do you have better knowledge than that was reported at the time ?. According to media reports at the time GVE was seeking a 3yr deal. Either your info is wrong or the reporting around the appointment was.

22-05-2021, 11:43 AM
I must refute the claims Deans does not change anything. I did see Boogs hoof it from the kick off last night as opposed to NTS, Surely that counts ?.

Deans out, Simply not working out with him at the helm. You listening Mattiske ???????.

turbojetfireV8
31-05-2021, 11:48 PM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-31/matildas-rhali-dobson-soccer-pitch-roposal-matt-stonham/100169730

watched the vid for this show tonight - so Deansy told Rhali Dobson she was surplus to requirements when she was arguably the W Jets best player, all cos she wasn't afraid to speak her mind? great message to the players, be a yes-(wo)man or find another team, no wonder the men's team is turning to shit under him...

01-06-2021, 10:04 AM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-31/matildas-rhali-dobson-soccer-pitch-roposal-matt-stonham/100169730

watched the vid for this show tonight - so Deansy told Rhali Dobson she was surplus to requirements when she was arguably the W Jets best player, all cos she wasn't afraid to speak her mind? great message to the players, be a yes-(wo)man or find another team, no wonder the men's team is turning to shit under him...

Couldn't agree more, Have always had more than a passing interest in the W game and recall at the time what a strange decision to let her go. One of the better players the W team always had on, her work rate second to none and i reckon the number of wide players the W team has had over the years who get up and down the line quicker than her you could count on one hand.

Anyways she got the last lough on the so called better judge.

outsider
03-06-2021, 05:06 PM
Deans gorn at end of season confirmed

The Dunster
03-06-2021, 05:54 PM

I like Dobson as a player but she's no Katie Stengel who banged in ten goals the season Dobson was not resigned.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest the decision to mover her on was anything other than a team / tactical one.

The team actually improved from 5th to 3rd and brought in a lot of new players both decensively and attack wise. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Newcastle_Jets_W-League_season

Someone had to make way and unfortunately it was Dobson.

Not a case of her being no good - just about finite funds and places available and the club choosing a different mix.

Couscous
03-06-2021, 09:28 PM
Our coach is returning. Thank Christ.

Renew your memberships!

turbojetfireV8
03-06-2021, 09:58 PM
I like Dobson as a player but she's no Katie Stengel who banged in ten goals the season Dobson was not resigned.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest the decision to mover her on was anything other than a team / tactical one.

The team actually improved from 5th to 3rd and brought in a lot of new players both decensively and attack wise. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Newcastle_Jets_W-League_season

Someone had to make way and unfortunately it was Dobson.

Not a case of her being no good - just about finite funds and places available and the club choosing a different mix.

It was Dobson herself on the TV version who mentioned why she was moved on, so no I don't think it was just to make way for Stengel (who may have scored goals but wasn't as athletic as Dobson)

Jeterpool
03-06-2021, 10:24 PM
It was Dobson herself on the TV version who mentioned why she was moved on, so no I don't think it was just to make way for Stengel (who may have scored goals but wasn't as athletic as Dobson)

Stengel replaced Jen Hoy, I recall

Jeterpool
04-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Reading the various reports about Deans' decision I took note that he informed the club 3 weeks ago of his decision. That shouldn't be missed because it hasn't distracted the club from a potential media circus and allowed behind-the-scenes questions to head-hunted candidates to occur.

While we think this is Day 1 of the search, it's more likely that it's 3 weeks in.

Jim
04-06-2021, 05:29 PM
Reading the various reports about Deans' decision I took note that he informed the club 3 weeks ago of his decision. That shouldn't be missed because it hasn't distracted the club from a potential media circus and allowed behind-the-scenes questions to head-hunted candidates to occur.

While we think this is Day 1 of the search, it's more likely that it's 3 weeks in.

doesnt matter. We'll appoint someone after there's no decent recruits left.