PDA

View Full Version : The need of Boutique Stadiums.

Premy
17-02-2014, 10:07 PM
News coming across the ditch that by 2016-17 Wellington could be playing in a 12,000 seat Boutique Stadium.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/sport/phoenix/9731288/Petone-stadium-plans-unveiled

Premy
17-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Adelaide plans to have 25,000 seats with a roof.
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/coopers-stadium-75m-upgrade-plan-includes-covered-roof-link-to-adelaide-oval-host-rugby-and-commonwealth-games/story-fni6uo1m-1226828298953

This looks more like political jargon but with a election coming up.

Premy
17-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I really think Roar need to downs size too. 15k in a 52k stadium looks terrible

hawk
17-02-2014, 10:27 PM
and put seats behind goals, master stroke

GazFish35
17-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Adelaide plan is just to hide more barrels.

Premy
17-02-2014, 10:33 PM
and put seats behind goals, master stroke
Or standing rail seats? One can dream right.

Blackmac79
17-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Rail seats!

sammydog
17-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Cons biggest mistake was not buying Birmingham Gardens when he has the chance. To potential their was huge.

And as a bonus the pitch was awesome.

howardyou
18-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Cons biggest mistake was not buying Birmingham Gardens when he has the chance. To potential their was huge.

That was massive waste of a perfect football ground (Sounds like my Dad talking about Crystal Palace).
It needed up-sizing but would have saved a small fortune in the A-League early years.
I played for Wallsend when the Breakers were still there. Best surface I have ever kicked a ball on and probably the best in the country at the time. Great Atmosphere too.

GazFish35
18-02-2014, 10:44 AM
loved it when the fog rolled in.

plague
18-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Just bulldoze all of national park and put a nice little 12-15k all seater.
Sure, we'd have to kill all the residents in the area to get approval and name it Morley/Boz stadium to keep the Cooks Hill lads happy but apart from that it's a perfect plan.

Superdylan
18-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Hunter stadium is a fine size we should have about 15,000 there on Saturday. Maybe they should stop selling tickets on the top level of the eastern grandstand and everyone would be alot closer like season 3.

Having said that I'd like to see us take one game regional per season against a team that will bring low away numbers eg Perth glory, Adelaide united. Imagine playing a game at cessnock stadium I reacon we could fill that stadium up.

Premy
18-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Sure, we'd have to kill all the residents in the area to get approval and name it Morley/Boz stadium to keep the Cooks Hill lads happy but apart from that it's a perfect plan.
I've actually thought about this for some time although 18-20k would be needed. If you were to move the tennis and croquet courts/greens next to lowlands bowling club you could build a 18k enclosed all seat ground there and have a newy sporting hub with the Athletics Track, No1 and No2 all there. I know it will never happen but.

Hunter stadium is a fine size we should have about 15,000 there on Saturday. Maybe they should stop selling tickets on the top level of the eastern grandstand and everyone would be alot closer like season 3.

Having said that I'd like to see us take one game regional per season against a team that will bring low away numbers eg Perth glory, Adelaide united. Imagine playing a game at cessnock stadium I reacon we could fill that stadium up.
Actually I think Turton Rd is to big if we get 15k this weekend thats still less then half capacity. When the hills are enclosed it will be 40k+ and 15k in a 40k stadium will look terrible look at SFS.

Jetmaster
18-02-2014, 11:50 AM
We need to aim high....the club has proven in the past that if it gets it shit together on the field it will get regular crowds of 15-20,000. We need to keep the presence there to encourage more big games as well.

Just close the Eastern top deck, seating behind the goals and a new pitch - it'll be fine.

plague
18-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Just close the Eastern top deck, seating behind the goals and a new pitch - it'll be fine.

Yeah, close down the spot where the view is one of the best in the whole league (5.30 games aside naturally).

Premy
18-02-2014, 12:18 PM
We need to aim high....the club has proven in the past that if it gets it shit together on the field it will get regular crowds of 15-20,000. We need to keep the presence there to encourage more big games as well.

I would prefer to sell out and make demand for tickets. "If" there is a chance of getting over 20k (SFC, WSW, CCM & Finals) then move the game to Turton Rd.

Pico
18-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Actually I think Turton Rd is to big if we get 15k this weekend thats still less then half capacity. When the hills are enclosed it will be 40k+ and 15k in a 40k stadium will look terrible look at SFS.

Why would there automatically be 40k if the ends were done. All they need to do is replace the seats at the front with one single tier of stand running back to the top of the hill. Basically just extend the lower half of bay 60 around. There is no demand for additional seating at hunter stadium for either code. The ends should be designed to be able to accommodate rear extension of the single tier design. The score board should stay where it is until then when it should be moved into the corners (South eastern) similar to skilled park. The existing walkway should be maintained to reduce costs and that should be where they stop the new stand. I wouldn’t necessarily even worry about a roof, that would form part of the stage 2 extension. Could always do what they do in the us, design & build the roof but don’t fit out the top deck or have any stairs available, looks a little silly but saves the cost of the second tier until its actually needed.

belchardo
18-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Why would there automatically be 40k if the ends were done. All they need to do is replace the seats at the front with one single tier of stand running back to the top of the hill. Basically just extend the lower half of bay 60 around. There is no demand for additional seating at hunter stadium for either code. The ends should be designed to be able to accommodate rear extension of the single tier design. The score board should stay where it is until then when it should be moved into the corners (South eastern) similar to skilled park. The existing walkway should be maintained to reduce costs and that should be where they stop the new stand. I wouldn’t necessarily even worry about a roof, that would form part of the stage 2 extension. Could always do what they do in the us, design & build the roof but don’t fit out the top deck or have any stairs available, looks a little silly but saves the cost of the second tier until its actually needed.

stop talking sense.

Nou Camp
18-02-2014, 12:50 PM
council were in contact with magic about building a 10,000 stadium at their ground, which isnt big enough

Premy
18-02-2014, 12:53 PM
It's still going to lift the Capacity above 33k something we get no where near filling.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I agree with you. I just feel its to big for us.

russjaybee
18-02-2014, 01:14 PM
It's better to continuously fill a 15k stadium (limitted supply increases demand) than to have a 30k stadium that averages ~10k crowds.

It's only rare occasions we would ever be able to go beyond 15k.
When you consider the extra operating costs etc it's much better to go boutique.

If only Birmingham Gardens was possible, I could walk to the games.

hawk
18-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Or standing rail seats? One can dream right.

you bet

beautiful

MFKS
18-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Nah I think the circus at HSG need to have a good look at their Membership options next year.

As far as I am concerned the bottom half of the eastern stand should be general admission for Jets fans. Ie Don't charge so much for the seats that make it look like we have a crowd on TV and as far as I am concerned if they are that way inclined to sit in the sun why fleece them for this!!!

The Eastern Stand upper should be closed point blank and get these people over to fill the Western Stand up completely. If we get a 23k plus crowd on the cards then open the Eastern Stand Upper but not until we get a mid 20k crowd.
Plague the view from the Western Upper is as good as the Eastern except there ain't any sun

Retro Jet
18-02-2014, 04:39 PM

That was massive waste of a perfect football ground (Sounds like my Dad talking about Crystal Palace).
It needed up-sizing but would have saved a small fortune in the A-League early years.
I played for Wallsend when the Breakers were still there. Best surface I have ever kicked a ball on and probably the best in the country at the time. Great Atmosphere too.

And now the person concerned who helped produce said surface is helping Cookers 'polish that turd' of a field at N'cle West. (Athfield)
Getting better every year.

A bit late in on this thread but I've long maintained that Birmingham Gardens would have made a great A-League training venue + percect for NYL & W-League games. :sigh:

Pico
18-02-2014, 08:52 PM
It's still going to lift the Capacity above 33k something we get no where near filling.

Edit: Don't get me wrong I agree with you. I just feel its to big for us.

Disagree, once you take the space required for modern entry and exit points for large masses of people (how does the FFA and police justify putting active support lives at risk by blocking of exits with their tarps I'll never know) and the fact you can never seat as many people as you can have standing I believe it could come out less or the same, especially when you remove the entire walkway as a standing option as the new single tier would obstruct the view, unless we went all Bundesliga and installed the urinals facing the pitch that's how you design stadia! Might also help remove the portaloo situation at the southern end too. If you wanted to get really adventurous you could actually build the toilets into the rear of the stand, ala bundesliga, and over the top create a deck out from existing corporate boxes to create a nice little function box to be hired out on match days.

http://bundesliga.theoffside.com/files/2011/08/mac_pissoir_DW_Ver_1432614p.jpg

Useless speculation though, we can't even get the worst pitch in the country repaired properly so no expansion/renovation for hunter stadium let alone a new stadium to undercut the current one is going to happen. Best bet would be lock out any ticket sales for memberships in the eastern top level.

belchardo
21-02-2014, 04:03 PM
always had my suspicions about you Mike, sorry, premy...

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/02/21/does-the-a-league-need-more-boutique-stadia/

Premy
21-02-2014, 04:28 PM
always had my suspicions about you Mike, sorry, premy...

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/02/21/does-the-a-league-need-more-boutique-stadia/
I seen this earlier today I was actually going to ask Mike if he was a reader of the foz.
I always new the Herald got the content from the Foz now The Roar to.

Premy
23-03-2014, 02:28 PM
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-red-and-black-bloc-could-see-capacity-doubled-with-stadium-upgrade/story-fnk6pqot-1226862113582

Now get it done on the Southern Hill before the Asian Cup too.

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Safe standing ftw.

Premy
05-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Thought I would move the conversation to here as it's more suited to this thread.

Firstly I have no problem with Magic Park being used for the FFA Cup game.

I'm talking long term.
Anyone that thinks we are going to get regular crowds of 20,000 are kidding themselves. Sure we'll get large crowds for WSW once or twice a year but our club should be about catering to our fans not a few thousand westies from Sydney. The only time we'll get 20,000 plus is in the finals when the fair weathers come out to play and FFA can host those games at Hunter Stadium.

Studies show that Boutique Stadiums in the heart of the CBD create a better match day experience and along with a smaller capacity provides a demand for tickets leading to higher ticket sales. Yes Newcastles public transportation is lacking however this is a long term plan and one would hope the lightrail is sorted well beforehand. No2 already has seating for 5,000 on the western side, it wouldn,t take major work to lift No2 full capacity to 15/16,000.

Walk within 1.5km from Hunter Stadium what can you get to? West LEAGUES Club, Sunnyside, Tenzo, Premier, General Roberts and a handful of restaurants.
Walk within 1.5km from National Park what can you get to? Darby Street, The Junction, Cooks Hill Hotel Crickets Arms and The Oriental, Hunter St, Honey Suckle and hell Beaumont St isn't that far away, more than a few options of restaurants in the area. I know which one I would prefer, a big reason why Gold Coast didn't work was because Robina is in the middle of nowhere.

All it would take is for a bit of foresight and future planing from some with a vision and Newcastle could become a great sporting destination. NSW/ACT AFL and Cricket NSW have been pushing for No1 to be redeveloped and have also offered to partly fund it. Get NSW Rugby, NNSW Football, Athletics Australia, Destination NSW, State Transit, NCC, State and Federal Government and various local Businesses to work together to redevelope the whole area. It's about future planing you never know maybe one NSW Government and Newcastle could bid to host the Commonwealth Games.
Yeah I'll admit a lot of this is pipedream stuff however I would much rather see the Jets play in front of a packed house of 15,000 every week then see 9,000 show up to Hunter Stadium every week.

stopper2
05-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Thought I would move the conversation to here as it's more suited to this thread.

Firstly I have no problem with Magic Park being used for the FFA Cup game.

I'm talking long term.
Anyone that thinks we are going to get regular crowds of 20,000 are kidding themselves. Sure we'll get large crowds for WSW once or twice a year but our club should be about catering to our fans not a few thousand westies from Sydney. The only time we'll get 20,000 plus is in the finals when the fair weathers come out to play and FFA can host those games at Hunter Stadium.

Studies show that Boutique Stadiums in the heart of the CBD create a better match day experience and along with a smaller capacity provides a demand for tickets leading to higher ticket sales. Yes Newcastles public transportation is lacking however this is a long term plan and one would hope the lightrail is sorted well beforehand. No2 already has seating for 5,000 on the western side, it wouldn,t take major work to lift No2 full capacity to 15/16,000.

Walk within 1.5km from Hunter Stadium what can you get to? West LEAGUES Club, Sunnyside, Tenzo, Premier, General Roberts and a handful of restaurants.
Walk within 1.5km from National Park what can you get to? Darby Street, The Junction, Cooks Hill Hotel Crickets Arms and The Oriental, Hunter St, Honey Suckle and hell Beaumont St isn't that far away, more than a few options of restaurants in the area. I know which one I would prefer, a big reason why Gold Coast didn't work was because Robina is in the middle of nowhere.

All it would take is for a bit of foresight and future planing from some with a vision and Newcastle could become a great sporting destination. NSW/ACT AFL and Cricket NSW have been pushing for No1 to be redeveloped and have also offered to partly fund it. Get NSW Rugby, NNSW Football, Athletics Australia, Destination NSW, State Transit, NCC, State and Federal Government and various local Businesses to work together to redevelope the whole area. It's about future planing you never know maybe one NSW Government and Newcastle could bid to host the Commonwealth Games.
Yeah I'll admit a lot of this is pipedream stuff however I would much rather see the Jets play in front of a packed house of 15,000 every week then see 9,000 show up to Hunter Stadium every week.

Disagree mate, we had that period of about 18 months between 2006 and 2008 where we quite often drew crowds of over 14,000 sometimes up to 17-18,000 with a NYD match against SFC drawing 20,000.
I still think the potential is there if things are set up properly under the new Ledman Group management, with a strong competitive team playing entertaining football like in '06/07 that crowds of 20,000 plus nowadays is well within this club's means.
The fact is that the NSW government lobbied the Federal government for funds to build the western stand with the two-pronged attack of the Knights and the Jets using the stadium all year round as the big selling point to get funds. For the Jets to turn around now and say we don't won't to use Hunter Stadium but want funds to build or upgrade a smaller stadium to play in.....um, how do you think that would go down?
Give it time, I say in the not too distant future (maybe 3 years) we will be getting bigger crowds then the Knights.....and no, I'm not kidding myself!!!

WolfMan
05-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm going to plead ignorance here - when you say studies show... What studies?

Honest question, would love to read these studies

stopper2
05-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Plus, Broadmeadow is very central, pretty much only 15-20 minutes from many areas in and around Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
You go in closer to the CBD and it starts turning into a good half hour drive for many supporters. I know the Newcatle CBD is nothing compared to Sydneys but you here quite often of SFC supporters complain about having travel into the CBD for matchday, much smaller scale for Newcastle but nonetheless would still be a similar issue for transport and parking.

GazFish35
05-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Plus, Broadmeadow is very central, pretty much only 15-20 minutes from many areas in and around Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
You go in closer to the CBD and it starts turning into a good half hour drive for many supporters. I know the Newcatle CBD is nothing compared to Sydneys but you here quite often of SFC supporters complain about having travel into the CBD for matchday, much smaller scale for Newcastle but nonetheless would still be a similar issue for transport and parking.

If 30 minutes is too much we're in trouble.

Parramatta works for WSW because it's so close to church street.
Something in Newy, closer to where there is already food and drink would be great.

Long term building something "boutique" that the club/code actually owns means we'd be eventually out from under the control of paying rent.... And a smaller stadium we control might in the long term help generate money.

MFKS
05-07-2016, 09:58 PM

Something in Newy, closer to where there is already food and drink would be great.

Long term building something "boutique" that the club/code actually owns means we'd be eventually out from under the control of paying rent.... And a smaller stadium we control might in the long term help generate money.

Getting a boutique ground would be great. Problem is location

Your gonna have your work cut out getting it in the CBD to be a success. The CBD has been a cluster**** for 30 years that councils governments developers can't even fix.

The light rail myth won't achieve anything either.

Putting a ground around National Park is a dud idea. Parking is a ****ing nightmare
Anyone who says you can use public transport is deluded.

People in this country don't use public transport unless it is door to door.
Interchanging trains buses etc sees nothing but excessive moaning

First issue will be this light rail stops gonna be 400-500 metres from No2
Second issue is when most of Newy isn't serviced by trains how the **** do we get to the light rail from the suburbs??

Any boutique ground has to have ample parking nearby as people just don't do public transport in Newy

Premy
05-07-2016, 10:22 PM
I'm going to plead ignorance here - when you say studies show... What studies?

Honest question, would love to read these studies

I've not read any of the studies honestly but I've read many reports quoting said studies

MFKS
05-07-2016, 10:27 PM
I've not read any of the studies honestly but I've read many reports quoting said studies

Your not a politician are you??

Sounds like a politicians answer

Premy
05-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Actually depending on where you are traveling from the difference in time to get to National Park instead of Hunter Stadium is less than 2 minutes and no greater than 6 minutes.

I won't disagree with the Public Transportation or Parking problems that come with a proposed venue at National Park. However how is that any different to the same problems faced when trying to get Public Transportation or Parking at Hunter Stadium?

To me the benefits far out weigh the negatives when the negatives are the exact same negatives Hunter Stadium faces.

Stopper regarding the crowds, I certainly remember the regular 14,000 strong crowds and I acknowledge the sporadic 20,000 crowds. Yet those higher figures are few and far between to warrant consistency and are often boosted by away support (who shouldn't be taken into consideration as it's no regular and not who we should be catering to) or they are spectacle goers attending a final which can be planned in short notice to play at Hunter Stadium.

Premy
05-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Your not a politician are you??

Sounds like a politicians answer

Honesty in politics? you're not paying attention :lol:

sammydog
05-07-2016, 11:59 PM
You can't get a park near National Park on a Saturday for kids football, I would hate to try and get near the place if there was 15,000 people trying to get in there.

Parking at Hunter Stadium may not be great (although in the last few seasons its been pretty good), but moving into somewhere like National Park would be an absolute nightmare. Getting anywhere on public transport is a pain in the arse in Newcastle, so I think you would see people put off in a big way if you cant get near it in a car.

You may as well renovate Birmingham Gardens.

Superdylan
06-07-2016, 08:09 AM
I think we need to always stay at hunter stadium. Its a very central area. It shares alot of good memories. Magic park should always be our second home ground which I'm glad it's being used again for the FFA cup.

With the new ownership you never know what could happen.

Next to no chance of getting funding for a boutique ground. The state government has alot more priorities with stadium then helping Newcastle out again although it would be nice to get more seats on the southern end.

What we need to be doing as a club is playing a yearly regional game and I'm glad we are doing it next season away at coffs harbour.

Jeterpool
06-07-2016, 09:50 AM
If people are concerned about transport and parking and the whole "door to door" nature of Newcastle, an option is to provide the shuttle buses as we did for the Asian Cup. That worked pretty well.

And if transport is a concern, I'd actually explore options for a boutique stadium towards Glendale. When the interchange is finished, with the expanding population out that way, the proximity to the end of the freeway it's ideal for allowing multiple options for parking, public transport and travelling fans (by that I mean Cessnock, Singleton, Toronto and the North Coast). This could also support a football academy being incorporated in the surrounding area.

We are a long way off justifying this sort of expenditure in my opinion

Jetmaster
06-07-2016, 09:52 AM
For now this is a pointless argument - the obvious question is where does the money come from?

The CBD is 10 years from being finished, the light rail is a totally stuffed up concept that will change a number of times before it comes to fruition.

Hunter Stadium is still - not finished! Any funding from the government (after the refurbishing of Sydney stadia) will surely go there. The grass hills have to go to truly make it international class. HS should probably be downgraded to 25,000 capacity anyway, chop the tops of both stands, put them behind the goals and put a roof right round it! Government funding of any type will be scarce with the area being safe ALP now with two incumbent Coalition governments.

And finally, think of around the country - there is only one boutique football ground in the A-League and that is at Hindmarsh. And that is only of that standard because of Olympics funding - have a look at it before then. Perth and AAMI are close but both have rugby code tenants. Gosford was built for NRL. Again - where does the money come from?

Local Rules
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM
If people are concerned about transport and parking and the whole "door to door" nature of Newcastle, an option is to provide the shuttle buses as we did for the Asian Cup. That worked pretty well.

And if transport is a concern, I'd actually explore options for a boutique stadium towards Glendale. When the interchange is finished, with the expanding population out that way, the proximity to the end of the freeway it's ideal for allowing multiple options for parking, public transport and travelling fans (by that I mean Cessnock, Singleton, Toronto and the North Coast). This could also support a football academy being incorporated in the surrounding area.

We are a long way off justifying this sort of expenditure in my opinion

And again we come back to NNSWFF not fully capitalising on the building of their centre and having the vision to work with the Jets to make that the second ground away from Hunter Stadium.

sammydog
06-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Govt would never fund it as they own the only other major stadium in the area. Why build a facility that would decrease usage at another facility they already own.

Which means the only real funding would come from an owner. Given the franchise nature of the A-League and the ability for licences (and clubs) to be pulled, who would invest the sort of capital required to build a stadium.

stopper2
06-07-2016, 10:34 PM

Actually now that it's been raised, it would be interesting to see the demographics of the Jets' membership; how many we get from "outer-lying" areas such as Maitland, Cessnock, Nelson Bay and the West Lakes area etc. and even further. Think I read somewhere a little while back of a supporter who travels from Port Macquarie(?) to attend home games.
Curious if anyone on travels a decent distance to attend home games?

boz-monaut
06-07-2016, 10:51 PM
anyone really interested in this sort of thing should read the report A BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESSFUL STADIUM DEVELOPMENT by KPMG

you can find it various places by Googling but you often have to register to download

alternatively I could email if you ask nicely

Jetmaster
07-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Actually now that it's been raised, it would be interesting to see the demographics of the Jets' membership; how many we get from "outer-lying" areas such as Maitland, Cessnock, Nelson Bay and the West Lakes area etc. and even further. Think I read somewhere a little while back of a supporter who travels from Port Macquarie(?) to attend home games.
Curious if anyone on travels a decent distance to attend home games?

Alot out west - amazing how busy the New England Highway gets after games and the Maccas at Hexham and Thornton are always full of Jets fans.

skippy
07-07-2016, 11:35 AM
anyone really interested in this sort of thing should read the report A BLUEPRINT FOR SUCCESSFUL STADIUM DEVELOPMENT by KPMG

you can find it various places by Googling but you often have to register to download

alternatively I could email if you ask nicely

Or google pdf: a blueprint for successful stadium development, works quite well for a lot of articles and studies people try and make you pay for.

Jeterpool
07-07-2016, 01:24 PM
Has a boutique stadium opportunity opened up?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/nsw-greyhound-racing-industry-to-be-shut-down-from-2017/news-story/deecdec3239d259d9d870b93ebd0a961

MFKS
07-07-2016, 01:28 PM
It should be cheap

Parking is a cluster**** though
Public transport non existent

Wilso8948
07-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Awesome food choices around there though. The 7/11 down the road does a wicked pluto pup. Imagine the game day atmosphere!

MFKS
07-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Awesome food choices around there though. The 7/11 down the road does a wicked pluto pup. Imagine the game day atmosphere!
7-11 in this country is just shit.

Other places on the planet 7-11 is awesome

Where else can you buy donuts hamburgers condoms beer ice noodles and dishwashing liquid in the same shop for dirt cheap prices??

sammydog
07-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Has a boutique stadium opportunity opened up?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sports/nsw-greyhound-racing-industry-to-be-shut-down-from-2017/news-story/deecdec3239d259d9d870b93ebd0a961

It would be awesome, but even in the Breakers years the place was a nightmare to get to if you didn't have a car, and if you did parking was shite.

Didn't Con have the chance to take that place over and decided against it.

Jetmaster
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM
There is a truckload of land on the western side but its all swamp....

GazFish35
07-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Jesmond shops for a feed then walk!

Superdylan
07-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Going back to breakers ground would be going back in time. The public transport out there would be an utter disaster.

plague
07-07-2016, 11:58 PM
cans on the hill.
eaten alive by mozzies the size of sparrows.

proper football.

get it done Middleby.

GazFish35
08-07-2016, 08:01 AM
between a grave yard and a junk yard.
Quite symbolic really.

turbojetfireV8
22-07-2016, 10:30 PM
small stadium = AIDS IMHO
I wanna see us push to get attendances up to c.20K mark for at least half our home games - how's that gonna work at a tiny stadium like Birmingham Gardens? And if you truly want that tiny a stadium why not just push Magic out of their ground and take it over, would be as small as BG and a lot easier to get to, you could decrease our gates to less than 3K easy if that is what you are really asking for by trying to move from a reasonable one to a sardine can sized one...

RAM
25-07-2016, 11:20 AM
I have a spare $100M, where do you want me to build it?

Grimario
25-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Armidale. Invest in your local community.

furns
07-10-2016, 07:37 PM
New season, new opportunities for the RBB to embarrass themselves

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=861098573991895&substory_index=0&id=265593933542365&__tn__=%2As

Classic RBB