PDA

View Full Version : HAL 13/14 Rd21 - WSW (AKA the Inventors of the game) v Newy 2/3/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

Jeterpool
25-02-2014, 06:44 PM
matchday info

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/wsw-1.jpg VS http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z83/furns/JetsLogo.gif

2013/2014 Hyundai A-League
Season 9 Round 21
Western Sydney Wanderers FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC

When: Sunday 2nd March, 2014
Where: Parramatta Stadium, O’Connell St, Parramatta, NSW
Kickoff: 5pm AEDST (gates open 4pm)
Tickets: Ticketek Link (password required)
Prematch March: Meet @ Parramatta Station (Argyle St) march to stadium begins at 345pm
Watch: LIVE on Foxsports 1 and FoxSports 1HD
Listen: ABC Sydney 702 or ABC Grandstand Digital online
Tweet: @newyboys #WSWvNEW #NTUA

If you are unable to travel to the game in Parramatta, please come down to the District Park Tennis Club in Broadmeadow and watch the game LIVE. The Tenzo is now our permanent venue for both home AND away Newcastle Jets fixtures.

Jeterpool
25-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Round 21 Preview –Newcastle Jets v Western Sydney Wanderers FC

Overall – 5 games between the two teams.

Jets Wins – 1, Western Sydney Wanderers Wins – 3, Draws – 1

At Western Sydney – 2 games

Jets Wins – 1, Western Sydney Wanderers Wins – 1, Draws – 0

Last Result -

Jets 2 (Taggart 26, 90) – Western Sydney Wanderers 2 (Mooy 45,Beauchamp 65) at Hunter Stadium, Round 17.

Biggest Win

Jets 2 (R Griffiths 26, Heskey 37) – Western Sydney Wanderers 1 (Gibbs 15), Round 6, Season 8 at Pirtek Stadium, 10/11/2012.

Heaviest Defeat

Jets 0 – Western Sydney Wanderers 3 (Bridge 6, 33, Visconte 80), Round 27, Season 8 at Hunter Stadium, 29/03/2013.

Leading Scorers in fixture –

Jets – 2 (Adam Taggart)
Western Sydney Wanderers – 4 (Mark Bridge)

Coaches Head to Head – 1 match

Tony Popovic (0 win). Clayton Zane (0 wins). 1 draw

Newcastle Jets Coaching Records –

Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (1 wins, 0 draw and 3 losses = 20% win ratio)
Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses = 0% win ratio)

Average Away crowd – 9800

Key facts:

Mark Bridge has scored against the Jets 6 times since leaving. Four of those goals have been scored while playing for the Wanderers.
In 5 matches, only 3 Wanderers players have received bookings.
The Jets have never kept the Wanderers scoreless.
Ruben Zadkovic and Mark Birighitti are on the brink of suspension. Both players have been booked 4 times this season.
Every match (8) where Ante Covic has been in the opposition’s goals, the Jets have never kept a clean sheet.
Joel Griffiths is the only person to have been sent off in this fixture.
The Jets have received an average of 2.5 yellow cards per match this season.
The last match involving these two teams was full of controversy following the final whistle. Joel Griffiths was dismissed after the final whistle and Ante Covic clattered Adam Taggart in a challenge as the final whistle sounded. The Jets managed to snatch a late draw on that occasion.
4 of the Jets 6 wins this season have come away from home. However the Jets have only drawn once on the road this season and lost the other 5 matches.
The Jets are scoring an average of one goal per game this season.
When compared to this time last season, the Jets are in a very similar position. After 20 games, the Jets have the exact amount of points (23). The W-D-L result it the same (6-5-9). However we have scored 4 fewer goals this season (24 v 20) but have also conceded 6 fewer in turn (33 v 27).
Neither team has been awarded a penalty in this fixture.
The only time the Jets have been ahead at half time, they have gone on to win.

The Referee – TBA

Acknowledgements to the following websites for collating the various information which was subsequently analysed to produce this pre-game analysis.

www.worldfootball.net
www.ozfootball.net

joel31
25-02-2014, 06:59 PM
you forgot to mention that we've got a 100% win record against the Wanderers at Parramatta Stadium

Jeterpool
25-02-2014, 07:31 PM
you forgot to mention that we've got a 100% win record against the Wanderers at Parramatta Stadium

But we don't. We lost there last season. We played there twice.

furns
25-02-2014, 07:32 PM
actually you are wrong.
We won there in our first game against them.
We then lost at Campbelltown stadium.
We havent played there since.

MFKS
25-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Also like to point out the Current Coaches Head to Head has a typo.

Actually Played 1 Draw 1 ie Griffos home coming and the disgraceful decision by Ben Williams to send the Lord off for nothing

In Zane is actually undefeated against Poppa

GazFish35
25-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Everyone's a friggin expert.

Your statement about a controversial finish....... Everything you mention came after the game had finished. So the finish itself wasn't controversial. The aftermath was.

wtf, I love your stats.

Jeterpool
25-02-2014, 08:42 PM
actually you are wrong.
We won there in our first game against them.
We then lost at Campbelltown stadium.
We havent played there since.

I should upgrade the info to include stadiums and stop relying on memory and only going off "home" or "away"

Sorry people!

Jeterpool
25-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Also like to point out the Current Coaches Head to Head has a typo.

Actually Played 1 Draw 1 ie Griffos home coming and the disgraceful decision by Ben Williams to send the Lord off for nothing

In Zane is actually undefeated against Poppa

Fixed

Everyone's a friggin expert.

Your statement about a controversial finish....... Everything you mention came after the game had finished. So the finish itself wasn't controversial. The aftermath was.

wtf, I love your stats.

And fixed

I should stop trying to do this on my lunch break...getting torn to shreds today

MFKS
25-02-2014, 09:12 PM
I should stop trying to do this on my lunch break...getting torn to shreds today

No One cares that much if there are any errors in it.

Keep the good work Up and thanks for going to the effort to do it

Just pointing things out for posterity.

Jeterpool
25-02-2014, 09:18 PM
No One cares that much if there are any errors in it.

Keep the good work Up and thanks for going to the effort to do it

Just pointing things out for posterity.

It's all good. Cheers. And I don't mind doing it. I know there will be stuff I get wrong. The collective memory of the people on here is far better than any website stats I can find

MFKS
25-02-2014, 09:21 PM
On another note anyone have any idea on parking a car around the Stadium??

Have something on Sunday that will finish sometime between 12pm and 2:30pm (no ideas exactly) and if I can't get to the train station by 1:33pm(Broadmeadow) I won't be getting to the game by train on time and will have to take the chariot.

Last year did notice there was parking around the ground in the parks and what not but is that reserved for WSW Parramata Leagues Club interests or be available for the likes of us Newy riff raff???

Happy to pay if I have to but would prefer not to!!!

hawk
25-02-2014, 09:26 PM

Have something on Sunday that will finish sometime between 12pm and 2:30pm (no ideas exactly) and if I can't get to the train station by 1:33pm(Broadmeadow) I won't be getting to the game by train on time and will have to take the chariot.

Last year did notice there was parking around the ground in the parks and what not but is that reserved for WSW Parramata Leagues Club interests or be available for the likes of us Newy riff raff???

Park in next to the camels

lquiquer
25-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Westfield is an option.... Not too far, can't remember exact price but pretty sure not that dear

halo se7en
25-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Guaranteed win. Against all odds. Just enough to keep us within reach of the finals, then we'll get back home and lose.

GazFish35
25-02-2014, 10:26 PM
There's a few parking towers in and around church street member.

Erby pl parking is the one I find easiest.
You can enter through erby pl or off Philip street

leftrightout
25-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Every match (8) where Ante Covic has been in the opposition’s goals, the Jets have never kept a clean sheet.

Haha this is the best stat! Everytime their goal keeper plays we concede goals!

MFKS
25-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Guaranteed win. Against all odds. Just enough to keep us within reach of the finals, then we'll get back home and lose.

On a more important note.

Plague is your kid going??
Plague What result are you betting on???

GazFish35
25-02-2014, 11:40 PM
Lose 1-0 to a goal like this....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xTjtbn0CA

Griff to score hat trick but all goals disallowed. For no good reason

Jeterpool
26-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Haha this is the best stat! Everytime their goal keeper plays we concede goals!

:grin:

That's bait to see if Harper reads the Foz. It's right up his alley

steve136
26-02-2014, 08:00 AM
My starting line-up would be:

----------------------------Birraz----------------------------

Beard----------Reegz---------------Huge Aliens------------Carney

---------Hoole-------------Zads----------Goodwin----------------

---------------------Griffo--------------------------------

------------Taggz-------------Heskey---------------------

Is this defensively sound? Absolutely not. But to be honest, we're probably going to lose like we usually do anyway, so we might as well have a crack. And to be honest, is taking Caravella out really hurting our defence? It might actually help. And there will be about 100 less backwards passes during the game which can't hurt either.

And who knows, we might actually score a goal...

Blackmac79
26-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Need a left back....

leftrightout
26-02-2014, 08:21 AM
My starting line-up would be:

----------------------------Birraz----------------------------

Beard----------Reegz---------------Huge Aliens------------Carney

---------Hoole-------------Zads----------Goodwin----------------

---------------------Griffo--------------------------------

------------Taggz-------------Heskey---------------------

Is this defensively sound? Absolutely not. But to be honest, we're probably going to lose like we usually do anyway, so we might as well have a crack. And to be honest, is taking Caravella out really hurting our defence? It might actually help. And there will be about 100 less backwards passes during the game which can't hurt either.

And who knows, we might actually score a goal...

This formation would actually work quite well, in my opinion, if Kanta wasnt injured. Replace Zads and i really believe it could work.

We already concede too many goals, we may as well just try to score some and make it entertaining!

Hunter403
26-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Switch Heskey and Griff.

russjaybee
26-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Can we have the thread title with the correct team order, eg home team first? I read this thinking that it was Jets at home ffs. What is this? Amateur hour?

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Can we have the thread title with the correct team order, eg home team first? I read this thinking that it was Jets at home ffs. What is this? Amateur hour?

Well spotted.
Will fix it.

Premy
26-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Well spotted.
Will fix it.:roflz:

russjaybee
26-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Much more accurate thank you.

plague
26-02-2014, 04:44 PM
On a more important note.

Plague is your kid going??
Plague What result are you betting on???

Plague is on a bucks show in Sydney this Saturday night (kudos to the best man for scheduling it on Mardi Gras).

Plague Jnrs only task this weekend is to stay the **** away from dad so he can nurse his gigantic hangover.

As for gambling, I won't be conscious, won't watch, don't care.

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 04:47 PM
We might be a chance given they have a game tonight.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 04:50 PM
We might be a chance given they have a game tonight.
Delusional and optimistic at best.

We have no chance.

Griff aside we are crap

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Gallaway said the team was optomistic!

lquiquer
26-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Gallaway said the team was optomistic!

We don't want optimism we want points

leftrightout
26-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Wanderers just scored after 41 seconds against Ulsan... Imagine how quick they will score against us!

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh dear.
The circle jerk is set to continue.

hawk
26-02-2014, 08:49 PM
all makes sense. lose at home odds go up for next away game, have a go and collect. now who are the muppets? thats right sports bet and supporters who dont get on. stuff the trophy

BodyNovo
26-02-2014, 08:52 PM
we will win

and i will hate them more.

Blackmac79
27-02-2014, 07:58 AM
I think we will win and our players will go over and thank the RBB for their support through this tough period of time in our clubs history....

hawk
27-02-2014, 12:03 PM
we will win

and i will hate them more.
thread title is incorrect, invented fat pizza

I think we will win and our players will go over and thank the RBB for their support through this tough period of time in our clubs history....

rof

Superdylan
27-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Anyone know if there is any good places at parramatta Westfield to get a feed at lunchtime?

furns
27-02-2014, 12:34 PM
they have two food courts SD, you will be able to find something.

MFKS
27-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Anyone know if there is any good places at parramatta Westfield to get a feed at lunchtime?

Walk Up Church St.

Plenty of restaurants from all round the world to choose from

russjaybee
27-02-2014, 12:44 PM
We'll lose, we're heading for the spoon.

Superdylan
27-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Walk Up Church St.

Plenty of restaurants from all round the world to choose from

Haha hooters looks alright I will admit :grin:

furns
27-02-2014, 01:00 PM
That is in Rosehill - ie not walking distance.

GazFish35
27-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Get out of the shopping centres sd. Spread your wings.

Get a good feed at the ribs and rump..... When the RBB do there highly original march to the ground, stand up in sky blue and clap them.

You'll get a free knuckle sandwich for lunch.

WolfMan
27-02-2014, 05:54 PM

:roflz:

outsider
27-02-2014, 07:54 PM
referee Chris Beath

MFKS
27-02-2014, 08:06 PM
When did we have this prick last??

Feel he owes us for something??

halo se7en
27-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Guaranteed win, get on it punters! This is what my season has become :/

Retro Jet
28-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Get out of the shopping centres sd. Spread your wings.

Get a good feed at the ribs and rump..... When the RBB do there highly original march to the ground, stand up in sky blue and clap them.

You'll get a free knuckle sandwich for lunch.

Yeah, wot he said....except for the ribs n rump.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's we'd go watch Rosebuds/Breakers etc out at that sh!t of a complex at Edensor Pk and dare to venture into 'Vietnamatta' for a feed before the game.
It was the first time I ever saw and tried that green jelly drink. We all survived....the meals that is. The f/wit home supporters and security at the games were a different story.
Mind you the Duy Lianh Vegetarian Restaurant (http://www.duylinh-vegan-restaurant.com/) wasn't around in them daze....:sigh:

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 08:26 AM
There's a good eating brazilian bbq place on Philip street. Good entertainment.

By good eating, I mean simple, and by good entertainment I mean funny drag queen that'll love you sd.

Jeterpool
28-02-2014, 09:22 AM
The Referee – Chris Beath

The Jets have been refereed by Chris Beath 21 times, with a W-D-L record of 4-5-12. Our last 10 matches produced a record of 2-0-8.
The last match refereed by Beath was this season’s Round 12 clash with Adelaide. This was a 0-1 loss.
Beath on average hands out 4 cards per match and it is fairly evenly split between the two teams.
Two Jets players have been dismissed by Beath, but he has NEVER sent off an opposition player.
Beath has awarded the Jets one penalty in all matches he’s refereed, which was to Ryan Griffiths last season. He has awarded the opposition 3 penalties in comparison.
Adam D’Apuzzo has been booked 6 times in the past by Beath.
A Jets-Wanderers clash has never been refereed by Beath.

The Jets suffered a defeat last weekend against a Sydney side who managed to complete the regular season “Treble” against them for the second time in A-League history. The Jets can feel aggrieved because they generally had the better of play but were unable to take the opportunities they had.
With the information above, it is apparent the Jets don’t have a very good scoring record against the Wanderers and in matches where Chris Beath is referee, averaging approximately 1 goal per game. However, with the Wanderers playing mid-week in the Asian Champions League and fielding a strong team in this clash, the Jets will feel confident of taking advantage of tired legs late-on with the likes of James Virgili, Andrew Hoole and Craig Goodwin being able to run the defenders down the wings.
The Jets are capable of staying in touch with the top 6 after Wellington’s heavy defeat to Adelaide last night, so there is extra motivation, and the team will want to return to the winners circle.
The Wanderers lost their first venture into Asia on Wednesday but their recent form in the A-League is quite good (WDDWL), managing a 2-0 win in Perth last weekend.
It will be a tough encounter, and if the Jets can hold out early they may feel they can come away with a victory. However the Wanderers have never been held scoreless in the first half against the Jets, and with this I can see the Jets going down to the Wanderers 2-1.

furns
28-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Supporter coach had been cancelled due to lack of numbers.
100 tickets still available in away bay, make sure you are using password

lquiquer
28-02-2014, 01:29 PM
100 tickets still available in away bay, make sure you are using password

Really? How may they sold?

lquiquer
28-02-2014, 01:30 PM
^ many

furns
28-02-2014, 01:58 PM

MFKS
28-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Faaarrrkkk I hope this rain continues.

If so InZane can play the puddle for his long awaited return to Jets action.

Griff and Puddle in the starting line up :pissup:

We will win for sure

belchardo
28-02-2014, 04:16 PM
the puddle would stand more chance of appearing if there had already been a few rugby league games on the pitch in the last few weeks.

RedMexican
28-02-2014, 05:01 PM
we are paying $201.00 to win 5-0 so if your feeling optimistic or plain stupid haha

MFKS
28-02-2014, 05:32 PM
we are paying $201.00 to win 5-0 so if your feeling optimistic or plain stupid haha

What price on us to lose 5-0??
Got to be single figures hasn't it??

hawk
28-02-2014, 06:30 PM
What price on us to lose 5-0??
Got to be single figures hasn't it??

get way higher odds for a loss by 2

furns
01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
match details added to OP

Tommyjet
01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Apparently Reegs and chapman played youth today so that means Mitchell keeps his spot and kew comes in for Reegs. Not particularly happy about it

la bazzle
01-03-2014, 07:58 PM
No Regz, disgrace. #cutforregz

joel31
01-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Apparently Reegs and chapman played youth today so that means Mitchell keeps his spot and kew comes in for Reegs. Not particularly happy about it
did yoof win

furns
01-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Yep 2-1 apparently

Blackmac79
01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
If something happens tomorrow can someone please film it ( preferably in landscape). If I am going to have my head kicked in I would prefer it if the wanderers lost 3 points aswell.

Cheers

MFKS
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM

Reegz was pretty disappointing today. Done very little to push claim for inclusion. ****ed up a few times

Kanta also played the first 45 and was steady. Even had a shot at goal!!!

joel31
01-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Yep 2-1 apparently
they did so well this year but still most don't get a chance

GazFish35
01-03-2014, 09:42 PM
If something happens tomorrow can someone please film it ( preferably in landscape). If I am going to have my head kicked in I would prefer it if the wanderers lost 3 points aswell.

Cheers

Lol.
300 witnesses will all say "I saw nufink mate"

la bazzle
01-03-2014, 09:46 PM

good news

Tommyjet
01-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Reegz was pretty disappointing today. Done very little to push claim for inclusion. ****ed up a few times

Saw that on the news, not sure we can call kanta's a shot as it barely dribbled to the keeper but I did get a tingling feeling downstairs seeing kanta in full flight again.

Superdylan
01-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Can we take confetti 2moz, rub it into the rbb they can't use it :tongue:

MFKS
01-03-2014, 10:07 PM

Where the **** did you get that idea from SD:wink::whistling::wink::lol:

GazFish35
01-03-2014, 10:23 PM

Make your own SOUTHGATE banner SD.
If you get out alive we can have a pool party.

Beeen
02-03-2014, 02:02 AM
See you tomorrow SD, don't let us down.

Blackmac79
02-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Not sure if I should bring my Ukrainian flag and "Russia out now" sign or my Crimean flag and a "independence over oppression"

Help

halo se7en
02-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Just put a tenner on Jets 4-1. Can't lose!

belchardo
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
WSW: no flares, no fans.

Jeterpool
02-03-2014, 06:59 PM
First time we've kept them scoreless at half time

westjet
02-03-2014, 07:27 PM
taggart!!!!!!!

Jeterpool
02-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Niiiiiice

westjet
02-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Expect the RBB to do a silent protest next game because it deflected of one of their players so it shouldnt count. After all they invented the game!

belchardo
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Good ball from heskey too. Had a good game thus far. Griffiths pretty anonymous so far. Yellow card he got was bull.

Jeterpool
02-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Kew's goal came off his arm!

GazFish35
02-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Suck shit to idiots protesting against sanctions they were warned about months and months ago.

plague
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I should be this hungover more often.

roundballsarebetter
02-03-2014, 08:29 PM
We play so much better when we are set up to counter, f@&k the possession game of

halo se7en
02-03-2014, 08:35 PM
According to a-league app, we had 45% poss. and 10 shots to 9. Also committed 13 fouls to their 16. Proves we didn't just park the bus & soak it all up. WSW simply had nothing to throw at us for once

belchardo
02-03-2014, 08:42 PM
According to a-league app, we had 45% poss. and 10 shots to 9. Also committed 13 fouls to their 16. Proves we didn't just park the bus & soak it all up. WSW simply had nothing to throw at us for once

According to the commentators it was variously:
Tired legs
No crowd support
Heavy pitch

Nothing to do with us mucking in and getting the job done for once.

Heskey my motm

joel31
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Yes. such a good feeling

joel31
02-03-2014, 08:48 PM
for me this is better than beating the Gypos. As I currently live in Sydney (lived in Newy for first 13 years of my life) and a lot of my friends jumped on the Wanderers bandwagon.

joel31
02-03-2014, 08:50 PM
i thought it was an even game but we created better chances and took them
No atmosphere really put the Wanderers off their game

hawk
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
WSW: no flares, no fans.

that was one sh1t team w/ a load of sh1t fans. forza newy who were ok

hawk
02-03-2014, 10:12 PM
heskey playing no10! finally. put tagz through twice and better for 2nd ball options

Premy
02-03-2014, 10:28 PM
heskey playing no10! finally. put tagz through twice and better for 2nd ball options

Been saying this since day 1 of him signing:banghead:

q-money
02-03-2014, 10:32 PM
f*cken rofl did halo & plague clean up?

halo se7en
02-03-2014, 10:57 PM

$200 thanks to a multi with Brissy ;)

q-money
02-03-2014, 11:15 PM
my man :cool:

Beeen
02-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Chris Beath what a cawk. Shit house referee.

GazFish35
02-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Delusional and optimistic at best.

We have no chance.

Griff aside we are crap

Oh dear

Mitchy
03-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Hot blonde riot cop

Marry me

sammydog
03-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Loving the RBB implosion on twitter/facebook. Non active support seems to have turned on them big time. Will be interesting to see what the statement coming out today is.

Jeterpool
03-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Big credit to the players yesterday. They really stood up and played well. Caravella was everywhere and I thought everyone played their part in the match plan.

The fact we kept a clean sheet was awesome.

Credit where it is due, especially to Emile Heskey who I was critical of the week before. You really stepped up big man.

Let's back it up next week and shoot the Heart down!

BodyNovo
03-03-2014, 09:46 AM
caravella (y)

plague
03-03-2014, 10:08 AM

I couldn't see straight after a whopping Saturday night (dykes on bikes 'sup ladies!!!).
No state to place wagers.
Well in Halo.
Plague Jnr a big chance to go to game this weekend. Gamble accordingly.

lquiquer
03-03-2014, 10:22 AM
For future references Jeterpool, I think we r the only undefeated team at parramatta stadium:yay: and not only that but took 6 points out of a possible 6

Jetmaster
03-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Anyone starting to think the green strip makes us play better - we win more away than at home ?

Much like KB United resorted to the gold at home because it got them better results.

Grimario
03-03-2014, 10:28 AM
It's because our fans are shit, come on. Why would you want to play in front of our lot?

Jeterpool
03-03-2014, 10:42 AM
For future references Jeterpool, I think we r the only undefeated team at parramatta stadium:yay: and not only that but took 6 points out of a possible 6

Cheers :)

pudy
03-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Gutsy performance with our backs to the wall, and as Jeterpool said, huge credit to big Hesk who produced one of his best performances for the club. Very pleasing.

judge
03-03-2014, 12:42 PM
hard to get excited about the football that's been played over the last 3 years, although it's definitely improving, go to a Knights game when they're losing you can hear a pin drop
It's because our fans are shit, come on. Why would you want to play in front of our lot?

pv4
03-03-2014, 12:53 PM
No Bridges, no worries :whistling:

MFKS
03-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Actually it was a ****ing joyous occasion to see a side get their bit between the teeth, dig in and want to do the things that were needed to actually win.

Gallaway had a belter of a game and had Hersi in his pocket all game
Caravella played really well
Zads was back to his best
Heskey had his best game all season
Taggz was also busting his arse
Griffo worked his arse off for the side down the right flank

Hard to pick a MOM as many were deserving

Watched it last night when I got home and it was noticeable the ball movement speed was a lot quicker. Some one get coaching tips off the Foz??

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME WHY CAN'T WE SEE THIS MOST ****ING WEEKS???

I am though going to have a dig at them. The useless ****s still hate their ****ing fans.

Score away from home near the away fans and you can't be arsed celebrating in front of the away support?? :banghead:

Faarrrkkkking Dis Grace

Guerny
03-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Lols at the R&B bloc... First they smoke their own goals and loose their champions league match. Then they don't support their own team at home in protest and then lose.
G

hawk
03-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Gutsy performance with our backs to the wall, and as Jeterpool said, huge credit to big Hesk who produced one of his best performances for the club. Very pleasing.

did you just read the managers cliche book? marvellous words there:)

Superdylan
03-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Lol fun post game trip.

How was the train ride home for everyone? Didn't get back to Newcastle till 7:30am.

Highlights of the trip

. Sausage sanga at parra (best feed I've ever had inside a game)
. Ending up at a bar in darling harbour till nearly 2am
. Tags goal :wub:
. Full strength jim beam at parra stadium
. And the rbbs silent protest :lulzturtle:

Jeterpool
03-03-2014, 06:07 PM
did you just read the managers cliche book? marvellous words there:)

Yeah the manager quotes me regularly :lulz:

militiamon
03-03-2014, 07:23 PM
To follow on from SD, my personal highlights were as follows:

- Parramatta Swimming Centre outside the stadium (which SD mysteriously was missing for when we walked past it) :sup:
- RBB silent protest/self-implosion :blush:
- Winning (it's kind of been a bit underrated lately)
- The completely uninterrupted and uneventful walk back to the station after the match
- Body attempting to read the news in Spanish on the train home :rof:
- Singing all of the greatest Fassifern hits on the way home (Streets of Fassifern, The Famous Fassi FC, We will sure follow (Fassifern))

militiamon
03-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Lowlights:

- Not chatting with The Member at half-time. Was informed he was up the back, but went missing and only saw him later in the game. Sort it out mate.

MFKS
03-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah only got to the game right on kick off. Got the 1:33 train and got to Parramatta at 4:20 ish. Came out the wrong ****ing exit and trotted off down the street. Had a bad feeling straight away I was going the wrong way. Wandered down the corner to see if i could get bearings right and found nothing. Was then basically walking right round the block to come back to the exit from the station I should have taken!!! Got to the ground with about 10 mins to spare and then went to the wrong gate. Was made to go to the right gate and the dumb ****s told me to go in one direction which was the wrong way so I once again had to navigate the entire ground. The walk was also done with a full bladder so was a ****ing delight to find the pisser there and I missed the first 3mins

Half time was spent with the young fella catching up.

Superdylan
03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Unlucky MFKS least we caught up at the youth league on Saturday

militiamon
03-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Half time was spent with the young fella catching up.

Is he the anti-plague's son?

GazFish35
03-03-2014, 11:42 PM
All this RBB announcement shit on twitter is giving me a good laugh.

Not sure why it's created such a stir, we've been silent for years and noones cared.

Some pricks take their self sucking cock way too seriously.

hawk
04-03-2014, 01:10 AM
The club is intentionally trying to divide us, the fans, by pitting the active and non-active supporters against each other. This is a cheap publicity stunt to show that the club is doing something, and to satisfy the media and FFA alike,” the statement continued.
get orf tha gear ya paranoid twats.

militiamon
04-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Anyone who was at the game on Sunday will know how laughable their claims are about police and security heavy-handedness. Will confirm they actually did an excellent job in the end, and hats off to their head of security aka Musky.

MFKS
04-03-2014, 02:12 AM
Is he the anti-plague's son?
More use than Plagues son
Been to 2 games this year 1 win 1 draw and hasn t seen birrazs net breached

Lucky charm maybe!!!

Jeterpool
04-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Did I hear correctly that yellow card accumulation resets afte rthe weekend just passed?

MFKS
04-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Did I hear correctly that yellow card accumulation resets afte rthe weekend just passed?

Yep Birraz and Zads were the only blokes in danger for us and both avoided one. Only Reds now will see suspension or the alleged MRP

Griff can now get as many cards as he likes and they can't do shit to him

furns
04-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Anyone who was at the game on Sunday will know how laughable their claims are about police and security heavy-handedness. Will confirm they actually did an excellent job in the end, and hats off to their head of security aka Musky.
Speaking as the away support liason for this match, the club and police were actually pleasant to deal with, listened to our concerns, and were proactive in providing a safe and secure matchday experience for the away supporters. We were under the impression the week leading up to the game that we were getting a police escort from the station, once contacted by the police they stated that they didnt think the expected numbers would warrant an escort. We accepted their decision, however let them know it would probably be a good idea if one was provided. Lo and behold, arriving at Parra station there was security there to escort us to the stadium along with police, who we decided to thank but they werent needed. No incidents, and club rep met us at the gate to walk us in and make sure everyone was looked after. Had a word to us during the game about swearing but no heavy-handedness or OTT treatment was anywhere in sight.
Post game, the police, security and club rep kept us informed, walked us in one big group out of the exit, removed a group of casuals who were loitering around waiting for opportunity, and then escorted us back to the station. Zero issues or incidents, and everyone there was suitably impressed with the treatment we received.

So long as this relationship continues, there will be no issues for us attending games at Parra in future seasons - we may even take tifo and equipment next time ;)

Its amazing that you get treated like humans when you work with the relevant authorities rather than against them.

BodyNovo
04-03-2014, 12:38 PM
red cap :)

MFKS
04-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Anyone got a link to the Twitter Post from the RBB to post up here??

Seen it somewhere but can't remember where

Its captivating reading on a scale that I haven't endured since I read that crap from the NT about the UN and human rights

q-money
04-03-2014, 01:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/RedAndBlackBloc

no mention of the geneva convention, f*cken amateurs

plague
04-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Lots of messages of support from the impoverished North Terrace.
If those two get together it will be the world most awesome power couple since Sam Worthington and Lara Bingle.
I, for one,can't wait to see it happen.
Just full on riots, flares and naughty words.
Sockah at its best.

BodyNovo
04-03-2014, 02:40 PM
north terrace & the RBB

fight on the streets of Melbourne and Parramatta

best friends on the world of the internet.

yeh yeh.

stopper2
04-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Speaking as the away support liason for this match, the club and police were actually pleasant to deal with, listened to our concerns, and were proactive in providing a safe and secure matchday experience for the away supporters. We were under the impression the week leading up to the game that we were getting a police escort from the station, once contacted by the police they stated that they didnt think the expected numbers would warrant an escort. We accepted their decision, however let them know it would probably be a good idea if one was provided. Lo and behold, arriving at Parra station there was security there to escort us to the stadium along with police, who we decided to thank but they werent needed. No incidents, and club rep met us at the gate to walk us in and make sure everyone was looked after. Had a word to us during the game about swearing but no heavy-handedness or OTT treatment was anywhere in sight.
Post game, the police, security and club rep kept us informed, walked us in one big group out of the exit, removed a group of casuals who were loitering around waiting for opportunity, and then escorted us back to the station. Zero issues or incidents, and everyone there was suitably impressed with the treatment we received.

So long as this relationship continues, there will be no issues for us attending games at Parra in future seasons - we may even take tifo and equipment next time ;)

Its amazing that you get treated like humans when you work with the relevant authorities rather than against them.

Good of you to share this on the forum Furns.
At the end of the day when you are a travelling away fan going to another city you are in reality not only representing your club but your own hometown.
Great to see our fans showing respect to the authorities and just doing the right thing by themselves, the club and Newcastle!
These whingers from the RBB and NT need to be reminded that NO ONE is bigger then the game!

GazFish35
04-03-2014, 10:15 PM

Is that a stricsione suggestion?

Blackmac79
05-03-2014, 06:47 AM
To be fair to the northern terrace they are only asking for things we ourselves ask for from our own club. They have grown their support down there which is indeed being stifled by overly restrictive measures.

The RBB though are a flash in the pan which consistently proves they have no control over any elements of their terrace. Surely the bulk of them now realise allowing northgate (nee Sin City Crew) to run the show was always going to end like this.