PDA

View Full Version : Acl - 2014

WolfMan
25-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Gypos playing FC Seoul away. Softest penalty against Rose, but it's the scum so it's ok.

1-0 Seoul 34 mins in. Balance of play with the home side, so can see a 3-goal margin here

Thomas477
25-02-2014, 10:44 PM
It was a soft pen, but Rose did kick the Seoul player, and under the lotg that's a direct FK, so a pen inside the box.

weston
25-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Gypo just got sent off. The commentators clearly making their views known for a harsh dismissal. The guy kicked the FC Seoul guy in the chest, good choice t send the guy in my opinion. Gypo or not.

sammydog
25-02-2014, 11:18 PM
When your foot is that high, how does intent come into it? Commentators arguing intent is garbage.

Terrible tackle that really was asking for it.

I'll give them, the penalty was soft, but you can't go into a tackle with your foot at chest hight and not expect problems.

q-money
25-02-2014, 11:32 PM
rofl, seip is so bad we will sign him for sure

how good was that second goal for seoul? (sick rap, standard :cool: )

belchardo
26-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Good of the AFC to invent a competition for the super fantastic WSW to play in. Will be interesting to see how many they get to the game.

WolfMan
26-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I'll support any Australian team in the ACL, with the obvious exception of CCM

belchardo
26-02-2014, 07:34 PM
That's a pretty good way to start. Top through ball, top finish.
Wish we had players like that.

WolfMan
26-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Ulsan equalise in a haze of flare-induced smoke at the RBB end. Hope the WSW players blame the goal on that, really wind the idiots up.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 08:17 PM

Nope **** them all. Hope they all ****ing lose

Hate all HAL sides including ours. Just hate the Gypos and WSW more than most

belchardo
26-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Had a chuckle when they scored. We should be more like the rbb, at least then we could blame something other than poor defending when we concede.

Premy
26-02-2014, 09:01 PM
I'll support any Australian Club except Gypo's, Houso's, Smurfs & Tards.

sammydog
26-02-2014, 09:06 PM
I'll support any Australian Club except Gypo's, Houso's, Smurfs & Tards.

I think Adelaide is the only other club I can support in the ACL.

Not sure whether last nights or tonights result has been more enjoyable.

Premy
26-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I think Adelaide is the only other club I can support in the ACL.

Not sure whether last nights or tonights result has been more enjoyable.
I don't mind Heart either that might change now Citay own them, Perth is that far away I forgot they were Australian and Brisbane are a Dutch club right?

WolfMan
26-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I think this WSW v Ulsan match highlights the deficiencies in the local game as a whole. Discipline.

Ulsan down 1-0 away from home within a minute, but stick to their gameplan and reap rewards.

WSW get pegged back equal, and then fall behind soon after and the wheels begin wobbling. Low percentage miracle balls start getting played more and more frequently, with no result.

Ulsan were very good and deserved their win, but WSW really threw that commanding position away.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 09:42 PM
All I think it highlights is that their League is much stronger than ours. Many of the blatant issues with our competition are not able to be papered over in this competition.

End of day our clubs are not big enough off the park and our player development is nowhere near as good as theirs right across the board. The mean qualities of the average J Leaguer K Leaguer etc are much greater than the average HAL player.

Add in the fact that they can throw a couple of better foreigners at us than we can purchase and is it any wonder why we are no good in this comp??

militiamon
26-02-2014, 09:50 PM
I agree with your points WolfMan, but I think the far more obvious deficiency is basic technique.

I tuned in 10 mins into the first half, but it only took me a couple of minutes to see the massive, massive differences between this and an A-League match. Brisbane are good when they are firing, but Ulsan were playing like they were a team on FIFA; one-touch passes, penetrating through-balls and the runs to match, speed, tricks, everything.

We may have improved our game in Australia tactically over the last decade or so, but technically our players are well behind their counterparts from other countries.

Edit: Kind of goes with what MFKS said above.

The Dunster
26-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Is anyone really that surprised WSW couldn't cut it in the ACL ? They play 1950's style football and also rely on referees not blowing their whistles for shall we say heavy challenges. Not going to happen in the ACL.

Along with the GYPOS, WSW would be one of the least likely A-league teams capable of winning in the ACL.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Is anyone really that surprised WSW couldn't cut it in the ACL ? They play 1950's style football and also rely on referees not blowing their whistles for shall we say heavy challenges. Not going to happen in the ACL.

Along with the GYPOS, WSW would be one of the least likely A-league teams capable of winning in the ACL.

All HAL teams at present are incapable of winning the ACL. None of them are good enough.

Sure we might arse it a long way every once in a while with a soft draw but we will be found out in the end as being inferior

militiamon
26-02-2014, 10:57 PM

In many ways I agree with you. Many a win/draw has been jagged by them on the basis of shit football, so it's pleasing to see them finally caught out.

That said, Adelaide have done well in the past with a similar style. The argument from some quarters will be that Australian teams can't compete with them on a technical/skill level, so the only hope is to play this way and look to get a few draws and a win or two. It's been the same with the national team, lots of revisionists arguing that we should go back to the old ways, rah rah rah.

That is a bullshit argument imo because we're not going to get anywhere in the future with that attitude, but you can see why it gets traction.

sammydog
26-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Wound up a few Wanderers fans on twitter though pointing out that even we knocked off Ulsan.

You do need to factor in salary cap when comparing the quality of the two comps. That has a big influence on the quality of the squad, particularly with the imports.

seldom
27-02-2014, 12:02 AM
how good were victory 1st half...2 nil up...lets see if they choke

MFKS
27-02-2014, 12:08 AM
how good were victory 1st half...2 nil up...lets see if they choke

Absolutely baffling. They are probably the least likely side to succeed in this event as they are generally poor defensively

furns
27-02-2014, 12:18 AM
I find it astounding that the media continually craps on about Adelaides ACL exploits, yet conveniently forgets that Newy also got out of our group in our first ACL campaign.

sammydog
27-02-2014, 12:19 AM
2-1, game on. End score will be 3-2, not sure who to.

I find it astounding that the media continually craps on about Adelaides ACL exploits, yet conveniently forgets that Newy also got out of our group in our first ACL campaign.

Id rather forget about what happened when we did get out though. With GVE set to do a runner, I bet there was some ugly stuff going on behind the scenes at the club when we got belted.

MFKS
27-02-2014, 12:22 AM

I don't. Everyone forgets about Newy at the best of times.

sammydog
27-02-2014, 12:29 AM
There is the 3-2. Victory being outplayed all over the park. This could blow out in a big way.

WolfMan
27-02-2014, 05:24 AM
Agree with your points on the technical gulf MKFS and Militiamon - I guess I didn't want to fall back on that "same old argument", but there really is no escaping it.

Hopefully the recent overhaul of the Grassroots coaching system will start to bear fruit over the next decade at the Professional level. The success of our National Team and our National league are dependent on it...

MFKS
27-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Wouldn't hold your breath on us improving dramatically as a nation any time soon. Unfortunately there are far too many idiots out there still trying to buck the system and do things their way reluctant to change.

Add in the fact we are far too narrow in our coaching selections ie the same idiots on the HAL roundabout going between clubs constantly. Then add in the blokes like GVE who keep getting gigs somewhere in the coaching setup for being part of the scene despite ****ing most things up at previous gigs

Leads to a complete lack of diversity and new ideas in the system

This is gonna take a long long long time

Pico
27-02-2014, 08:01 AM

Got to remember that Adelaide’s run was during the time when only one team got through from the group stage, victory also finished second in their first ACL campaign.

When you look at our campaign you really wonder what could have been had we not had all those issues, we probably still would have lost but I think we could have given a better account of ourselves. Covic’s sudden leaving, Gary’s Bolt to the AIS, issues about our travel plans before and after games.

Oh well we won’t need to worry about the ACL any time soon, we can’t even meet our basic goal of making the heights of the lowest 40% of the league let alone making the top 20% or winning a grand final.

joel31
27-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Just saw the Wanderers highlights. i love how their flares caused them to concede

pv4
27-02-2014, 10:48 AM
I'd love to see the current Adelaide team in the ACL. Gombau has them playing a really technical game, and mix that in with their assassins at the back I think would make for an exciting ACL campaign.

IMO a lot of the problems with Australian teams in the ACL, which I can particularly highlight from Melbourne's game last night, is all of most of our teams are very Plan-A type teams. Arnold's CCM, which Moss in continuing, has that one suffocate-the-game type gameplan. WSW have the one gameplan. Ange's Roar&Victory, now Muscat's Victory, have/had one gameplan. Muscat's team was doing fine (or even great) last night - until Lippi managed to outsmart him in the second half. Our coaches, for the large part, are not smart enough to adapt their gameplans as the games play out.

Also remember that 2/3 Australian teams played away from home over the last few days. Playing away in the ACL, particularly whilst needing to fit in 2 games either side of the travel, is very demanding on the limited squad sizes of HAL teams.

MFKS
27-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I'd love to see the current Adelaide team in the ACL. Gombau has them playing a really technical game, and mix that in with their assassins at the back I think would make for an exciting ACL campaign.

IMO a lot of the problems with Australian teams in the ACL, which I can particularly highlight from Melbourne's game last night, is all of most of our teams are very Plan-A type teams. Arnold's CCM, which Moss in continuing, has that one suffocate-the-game type gameplan. WSW have the one gameplan. Ange's Roar&Victory, now Muscat's Victory, have/had one gameplan. Muscat's team was doing fine (or even great) last night - until Lippi managed to outsmart him in the second half. Our coaches, for the large part, are not smart enough to adapt their gameplans as the games play out.

Also remember that 2/3 Australian teams played away from home over the last few days. Playing away in the ACL, particularly whilst needing to fit in 2 games either side of the travel, is very demanding on the limited squad sizes of HAL teams.

I find this part of it ridiculous.

Clubs have a squad of 23 players plus a Yoof team to call on. I don't buy this shit that the blokes can't cut it and it is a demand on squad sizes. More so an issue with their inability mentally to deal with games.

I also find the travel argument useless also. They have a 8-9 hour flight more or less in the same time zone. What is that hard about this to deal with?? They fly to games regularly in the HAL all the time so flying isn't a new concept

The Socceroos regularly fly back to Australia from Europe and have a 20 odd hour flight and cross multiple timezones and have no real issues performing in this Country

pv4
27-02-2014, 12:38 PM
I find this part of it ridiculous.

Clubs have a squad of 23 players plus a Yoof team to call on. I don't buy this shit that the blokes can't cut it and it is a demand on squad sizes. More so an issue with their inability mentally to deal with games.

I also find the travel argument useless also. They have a 8-9 hour flight more or less in the same time zone. What is that hard about this to deal with?? They fly to games regularly in the HAL all the time so flying isn't a new concept

The Socceroos regularly fly back to Australia from Europe and have a 20 odd hour flight and cross multiple timezones and have no real issues performing in this Country

TBH I find your views ridiculous.

There's slim-to-none chance any of the Australian teams each year will qualify out of group stage, and make it worthwhile to compete in the ACL.

It's directly in the middle-to-back-end of the season, which should be the priority. So when clubs are thinking of resting players etc, do they rest their best players or their worse players? It's the best competition in Asia, yet especially Australian clubs can't just without-thought afford to sacrifice a league game or two for it. And inb4 "EPL teams play 3 times a week" - yes they do, but I'd like to see you show me a team that plays 3 times a week and has the same players for all 3 games.

The squads are 23 or so strong, but the strongest starting 11 is the most competitive, with especially the last 5-7 guys in the squad being fringe players at best usually - particularly for HAL clubs which is restricted by salary caps, there's no depth and not everyone has Kale Bradbery waiting in the wings ffs.

And I haven't mentioned yet that the teams that qualify for the tournament are usually vastly different to the ones who compete in it, thanks to the massive gap between qualification & competition.

What's hard to deal with travel? It's another continent, another culture. HAL teams usually finish playing their games by 7:30pm, then get a bus directly to the airport to fly out. HAL clubs DO travel, but let me ask you how the Jerks go in Wellington?

The Socceroos (usually) have a minimum of 1 week training camps before playing. Much more time to acclimatize.

Premy
27-02-2014, 01:03 PM
All Clubs in the ACL have to submit a 20 man squad.
So the argument that limited squad size comes into it is invalid all clubs are going to submit there best 20 and that 20 players are more then likely to play in the respected league games too.

Thomas477
27-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Thought it was 30 premy. Hence why Sydney signed Durante and Williams in their ACL campaign.

joel31
27-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Thought it was 30
you would be correct

The Dunster
28-02-2014, 01:16 PM
With the continuing economic disaster in Europe there will be no shortage of quality coaches willing to ply their trade in the A-league. Until that happens though progress will be slow.

pv4
28-02-2014, 01:39 PM
All Clubs in the ACL have to submit a 20 man squad.
So the argument that limited squad size comes into it is invalid all clubs are going to submit there best 20 and that 20 players are more then likely to play in the respected league games too.

Whether it's 30 or 20 for the ACL itself, that's not the point. It's the squad limit in their seasons. Asian teams have more squad numbers, with more spending power for players other than their strngest 11-14, then HAL clubs do. So our 17-23 players would arguably all be on min wages. the asian clubs, their 40-45 players wouldbe.

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm with you pv4. It be like arguing there's only 11 on the field.

There top 11 are better than our top 11 because their top 30 are better than our op 30 because they can pay more...... And are far more professionally run. Etc etc. our clubs are still very very young and are not yet able to fully invest in proper facilities and back room staff etc.

belchardo
11-03-2014, 08:42 PM
the Coasties' sponsor would be extremely happy with their exposure tonight.

:blush:

Premy
11-03-2014, 11:08 PM
the Coasties' sponsor would be extremely happy with their exposure tonight.

:blush:
Did I hear right 2k?

Thomas477
11-03-2014, 11:25 PM
2167 according to 442 foz.

****ing embarassing.

BodyNovo
12-03-2014, 08:15 AM
honestly where will that club ever make money other than taking its home games elsewhere.

they have no rugby league team, and a team that has been consistently successful for 9 seasons

could you imagine if we had the success they had over 9 years we would be cracking 20k every week.

belchardo
12-03-2014, 08:19 AM
the fact that not even "central coast" was written on their shirt (as it used to be) was just plain embarrassing.

still, at least they are there to embarrass themselves. more than we can do.

pv4
12-03-2014, 09:11 AM
honestly where will that club ever make money other than taking its home games elsewhere.

they have no rugby league team, and a team that has been consistently successful for 9 seasons

could you imagine if we had the success they had over 9 years we would be cracking 20k every week.

Exactly. They'll harp on about the percentage of area population etc, but realistically their crowds have dropped from a few years ago and they are (up until this season) much better in terms of results than they were back then.

Blackmac79
12-03-2014, 09:48 AM
**** me 2000.

Yellow army > Squadron.

belchardo
12-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Gee, this game got interesring in the last few minutes.

Beeen
12-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Fair dinkum i do not know what is worse, Melbourne Victory hairstyles or their songbook.

Blackmac79
13-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Honestly what is with people?

I would kill for the Jets to be playing in Asia just so I could travel up from Sydney for midweek football. Why don't people like the ACL?

Is it only the die-hards that care enough? This is the top of what Australian clubs can achieve (bar wcc but that ain't happening.)

Even Melbourne people don't show.

GazFish35
13-03-2014, 07:42 AM
FFA have pumped the "family friendly" approach to aleague games, massive numbers of kids with parents at the games...... Midweek doesn't really fit in with families going to games.

Crowd numbers probably reflect numbers of a-league crowds that are not attached to family responsibilities on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

BodyNovo
13-03-2014, 08:14 AM
can't speak on the gypos behalf

but i believe 50-70% of victory fans just won't go to etihad anymore as they think it is a shit venue for football (which i agree with).

pv4
13-03-2014, 08:40 AM
but i believe 50-70% of victory fans just won't go to etihad anymore as they think it is a shit venue for football (which i agree with).

Yep

AAMI is near football heaven (after the Central Coast CoE, sup MFKFC) and I would hate being required to go to Etihad for big/important games - you can't see anything as you're so far away from the stadium, whilst the terraces do a good job it's a lot more lifeless than AAMI, and I don't think it has cider on tap :(

Rocknerd
13-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Honestly what is with people?

I would kill for the Jets to be playing in Asia just so I could travel up from Sydney for midweek football. Why don't people like the ACL?

Is it only the die-hards that care enough? This is the top of what Australian clubs can achieve (bar wcc but that ain't happening.)

Even Melbourne people don't show.

This! some of my favourite Footballing Memories were traveling the F3MDR on a school night to get to and from these matches and backing up the next day.

Blackmac79
19-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Got to see the chest.

:lulzturtle:

WolfMan
20-03-2014, 04:42 AM
Got to see the chest.

:lulzturtle:

Just a tease

WolfMan
20-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Good to see Mariners losing again

front2
15-04-2014, 09:50 PM
wow! Bridges scores a header from a completely unmarked position. Good commentary boys.

lquiquer
16-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Great goal Hutcho...... Legend

hawk
16-04-2014, 09:21 PM
seoul got soul in tha 93rd lolz

lquiquer
16-04-2014, 09:39 PM
He only lost it when he suddenly realised the target: #saucebottles were missing....

Retro Jet
22-04-2014, 09:27 PM
You've gotta give it to WSW fans....putting their Asian counterparts to shame.
Decent crowd...which is more that I can say for plenty of ca$hed up ACL 'regulars' I've seen in the past.

Blackmac79
22-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Was there tonight. Was enjoyable. Shinji goal was amazing. RBB less impressive IRL.

WolfMan
14-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Wow, what a 2nd Leg of Champions League football!

Premy
14-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Bloody Houso's got played of the park last week. Definitely not getting the telegraph tomorrow no way do I want to read that fapfest, oh well at least their lost Hersi and Ono Houso twats.

joel31
14-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Credit to them though. They are representing Oz well in Asia

GazFish35
14-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Definitely not getting the telegraph tomorrow no way do I want to read that fapfest,.

How much has the world changed when this statement can be said!

Pico
15-05-2014, 07:33 AM

With the failure of the other two clubs we need them to perform well to try and maintain our spots with the AFC introducing a new assessment criteria from next season.

The new criteria takes into account the previous ACL success for leagues (70%) & national team performances (30%).

The longer the wanderers stay in the better our score will be, here's hoping we maintain our number of auto and qualifying spots next year.

Jeterpool
15-05-2014, 10:32 AM

Agree.

furns
16-05-2014, 02:21 AM

Agree.
Until one of the RBB groups including the capo decided it was a bright idea to wear Speziale Libero tshirts

How many ultras-tifo internet points does that garner?

Jeterpool
16-05-2014, 06:14 AM
Until one of the RBB groups including the capo decided it was a bright idea to wear Speziale Libero tshirts

I was talking on the pitch only. Unless old mate decided he wanted to get closer to the action.

plague
16-05-2014, 09:59 AM

Oh good lawd I just looked up what that was about.

Got to say all credit to the fight for justice but that is one of the more gayer things I've seen this week.

Premy
20-08-2014, 07:44 PM
http://livesport4u.com/stream1.html
Stream for WSW game

MFKS
20-08-2014, 08:51 PM
how come the Jets never score arsey goals like WSW have from the poor cross tonight???

belchardo
20-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Good actors those wanderers players.

Jetmaster
20-08-2014, 09:42 PM
New beard...funny bugger.

Jetmaster
20-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Champagne comedy...

leftrightout
21-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Juric was good... I don't like the new beard, already looks like a twat!

Jeterpool
21-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Champagne comedy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh3xkFLaxDU

belchardo
21-08-2014, 08:36 AM
I don't like the new beard, already looks like a twat!

but it's important to know he's not here to cause trouble. also doesn't seem to be up with the aussie lingo just yet.

Thomas477
21-08-2014, 09:07 AM
God la Rocca went down quicker than a coastie slut. How the **** the assistant got conned at that level is shocking.

Also, Lippi :wub:

Grimario
21-08-2014, 09:16 AM
God la Rocca went down quicker than a coastie slut. How the **** the assistant got conned at that level is shocking.

Also, Lippi :wub:

He definitely got hit. Not sure it was quite the level of contact that he made out but not sure why you are disputing that he got hit...

The second one was even more contact. Saba made the most of it but not sure why Lippi, standing directly in front of it, could possibly say it was 100% an acting performance when this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvfHmVmCUAAvCvt.jpg

Thomas477
21-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Grim, wasn't arguing that. But the way he reacted appeared to be incredibly played up, and the fact that the referee didn't confer with his assistant who would have had a clear sight to it, or if the ref had a clear sight that he would've been given the straight red is dodgy. Yellow? Yeah, but I don't think it was a red. Other was clear cut and Lippi should be banned for a decent length.

MFKS
21-08-2014, 04:36 PM
FMD. :blush:

Call a spade a spade Grimario.

The play acting from the WSW side last night was disgraceful.

We Aussies are quick to bag out others for doing it but seem to ignore it when we are involved.

La Rocco clobbers ****s left right and centre every week and barely cops a hand across the face and goes down like he walked into a straight right from Mike Tyson.

The hand across the face wasn't even close to violent and just the blokes arm moving as the pair of them struggled.

If that is worthy of a red he gets sent every time he plays.

As for the other bloke. First class grub.

First thing he done was hacked some bloke then abused the ref for getting pulled up for it.

The bloke was not even stomped on by this Chinese bloke at all.

The Diving bloke proceeded to elbow the other chinese bloke and was lucky to not connect with it well other wise he walks.. Then for some reason he hit the deck after losing his balance after elbowing . As he fell he rolled into the path of this bloke who done ever so well to not collect him.

Bloke then gets sent off for trying to get out of the way from his play acting. FMD

Then to top it off Juric got booked for diving in the box after no contact.

3 times WSW tried to con the ref in barely 5 mins and got away with 2 of them and were pulled up on the other.

That happened to be the other way round people would be blowing up deluxe on simulation.

As for Lippi ****ing disgraceful to run on the pitch. Surely in his lengthy career he has seen bad decisions before.:blush:

AFC should give him a lengthy ban but the bloke will barely get a slap on the wrist as they are spineless

Grimario
21-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Read up, you muppet. I clearly state that both made the most of minimal contact.

Not bothering to read the rest of your pointless rant.

Premy
21-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Best I could do on phone813

Grimario
21-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Here you go, Premy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvhpzntCcAA2TWA.jpg

Local Rules
26-08-2014, 12:04 PM
http://www.northernnswfootball.com.au/index.php?id=10&tx_ttnews[year]=2014&tx_ttnews[month]=08&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3849&cHash=fb0b62d165dbdb7fc2d26df112e33e6c

Found this on Northern website about the upgrades for ACL grounds (hopefully link is ok). Basically states they will do up two grounds for the ACL training venues. One is Magic Park (Wanderers) surprise, surprise and the other is No 2 Sportsground. WTF would they improve a ground that has not one game of football played on during the year and is used by meatheads pushing two mens heads up three mens bums.

Give me a break. How can Northern sit by and waste the opportunity to upgrade another ground that is NPL so they can use more than one ground if it rains and push the quality of playing surface to better levels for the game that is bringing the funds not the others

Pico
26-08-2014, 01:09 PM
I’m assuming you’re talking about the Asian Cup not the ACL, as the jets can’t make the top 6 let alone have any chance of reaching the ACL. I’d suggest it has more to do with the fact that the local organising committee is the one dishing out the cash not NNSW (as it clearly states with additional direct quotes from the LOC) & their decision would have more to do with them teaming up with local councils months ago, hence the best rectangular field that NCC own and operate, which best meets the Asian Cup training ground requirements, No. 2. Sports ground is the clear winner.

In addition to this there will also be the new NNSW facility and recent NBN footage showed delegates inspecting venues as training bases in Cessnock as well, which would either be announced later or funded by the council/ visiting team in much the same way that Australia helped fund their training ground venue in Brazil.

MFKS
26-08-2014, 01:23 PM
So what's this money actually going on does anyone from Magic know??

650k doesn't look like it would go far around half a dozen venues though

A.J.
26-08-2014, 04:51 PM
http://pic.sports.sohu.com/group-596990.shtml#0

q-money
28-08-2014, 12:20 PM
how's the nonsense with all these blokes carrying on like it's strayas best ever result in asia

didn't adelaide make the final ffs

boz-monaut
28-08-2014, 12:43 PM
football hadn't been invented back then

Premy
17-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Stream for tonights game

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=277498&part=sports

Superdylan
01-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Sha la la la la la la

Decent turnout by the rbb

belchardo
01-10-2014, 08:53 PM
So glad we let labinot go. That guy is completely shit. Can't score, can't cross.

Jeterpool
01-10-2014, 08:55 PM
So glad we let labinot go. That guy is completely shit. Can't score, can't cross.

I miss Labi.

lquiquer
01-10-2014, 08:56 PM
I miss Topor

Blackmac79
01-10-2014, 08:58 PM
ANZ final.

lquiquer
01-10-2014, 09:07 PM
ANZ final.

What kind of crowd figure would they get at ANZ? 25k 30k 40k..?
Ultimate tipster crowd figure comp: I want to hear your predictions
Me: 35k

Blackmac79
01-10-2014, 09:38 PM

plague
01-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Good on 'em.
To be the first Australian team to make the final is a pretty good achievement.

A.J.
01-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Good to see them do well, but FMD it's frustrating that this mob have achieved more success in 2 years (barring a GF win) than we have since 1990 or whenever the Breakers started.

hausmann
01-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Good to see them do well, but FMD it's frustrating that this mob have achieved more success in 2 years (barring a GF win) than we have since 1990 or whenever the Breakers started.

We had a golden period too building from season 1 to 3 of the A-league. The owner dismantled a grand final winning team (why is still anyone's guess) and we've never got that winning spirit back yet.

Hearing the wsw players talk with such ambition about the ACL being another trophy they want to win makes me very jealous of the winning culture they already have.

Such a culture comes from good and clear leadership.

A.J.
01-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Yeah true, first 3 seasons of A-league had some good times for us, but nothing on this scale. 2 grand finals and an ACL final in 2 and a bit years v 1 grand final, a few (4-5?) semi final appearances and an ACL Rd of 16 exit in 20ish seasons (in various forms of teams...Breakers, Newcastle United, Jets since I was a young kid watching) is hard to swallow

Blackmac79
01-10-2014, 10:24 PM
I honestly love being mediocre. Would rather be a whinging bastard than a gloating one.

Premy
02-10-2014, 05:01 AM
Good on 'em.
I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

hausmann
02-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Yeah true, first 3 seasons of A-league had some good times for us, but nothing on this scale. 2 grand finals and an ACL final in 2 and a bit years v 1 grand final, a few (4-5?) semi final appearances and an ACL Rd of 16 exit in 20ish seasons (in various forms of teams...Breakers, Newcastle United, Jets since I was a young kid watching) is hard to swallow

It's not that much different. We were one game off the grand final in 07 (and may have even replaced Adelaide in the ACL that year they made it all the way to the final) We only lost on penalties. The team was dismantled by the time we played in the ACL. The difference is that the stability of coaching and management probably means that their success will be consistent. With stability you can build success on top of success.

leftrightout
02-10-2014, 07:26 AM
It's not that much different. We were one game off the grand final in 07 (and may have even replaced Adelaide in the ACL that year they made it all the way to the final) We only lost on penalties. The team was dismantled by the time we played in the ACL. The difference is that the stability of coaching and management probably means that their success will be consistent. With stability you can build success on top of success.

I still believe that 07 team was the best we have put out in our history. We didnt win for the first seven games but after that they really fired and did well. On paper our strongest squad and once they kicked into gear probably our strongest on the park. They were unlucky not to make the grand final, and if they had they would have done a huge amount better than adelaide (6-0 was it to victory?)
But i agree we did have a good run and a winning culture to start the a-league but it dissapeared so quickly!

leftrightout
02-10-2014, 07:35 AM
Also im starting to get sick of people saying that WSW are Newcastle Rejects.
How many players were involved last night that were actually released by us because they "werent good enough"?

Labi, that is all!
NTS released as he was on a huge amount here and they needed funds elsewhere (well they thought they did, i dont know where they went)
Covic came to the end of his contract and decided to move on.
Bridge left for the money of bling fc and then moved on.

The others guys like tarek and d'apuzzo arent there anymore

Im not saying us releasing these players / players leaving us was a good or bad thing im am just getting over the whole jets rejects thing!

hawk
02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Good on 'em.

well said. cmon hilal

WolfMan
02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Good on 'em.

I'm hoping this is sarcasm.

Pissants don't count... lol

WSW invented Finals etc.

furns
02-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Their supporters will be even more insufferable should they win the ACL. They have gone far enough ffs

Blackmac79
02-10-2014, 06:15 PM
They have emailed members asking them to vote on where it should be held.

GazFish35
02-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Their supporters will be even more insufferable should they win the ACL. They have gone far enough ffs

I thought they already won?
Fox sports are stalking about then playing Real Madrid ffs

hawk
02-10-2014, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup:

They have emailed members asking them to vote on where it should be held.

in a big toilet. can eat, drink, & piss without having to leave

lquiquer
02-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Pirtek.......http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/asian-champions-league/wanderers-acl-final-homeleg-match-to-be-played-at-parramatta-despite-calls-for-bigger-venue/story-e6frf4kl-1227078071191?nk=518d47aa6ba0304d6a1e3340a2f80a17

plague
02-10-2014, 10:07 PM
well said. cmon hilal
#groudbreakers
#pioneers
#someshittystartrekreferenceaboutgoingboldlysomewh ere
#prideoftheleague

plague
02-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Pirtek.......http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/asian-champions-league/wanderers-acl-final-homeleg-match-to-be-played-at-parramatta-despite-calls-for-bigger-venue/story-e6frf4kl-1227078071191?nk=518d47aa6ba0304d6a1e3340a2f80a17

See, we get ****ed over by Monster Trucks.
Wanderers use Monster Trucks to their benefit.
Wanderers > Jets.

Superdylan
25-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Nice lot of away support at parra tonight in the south end. Looks good in colour patches.

Bremsstrahlung
25-10-2014, 10:36 PM
A guy from work had a spare ticket, so I tagged along.
Both teams finishing with 11 was surprising.
Wsw outplayed first half, 2nd half looked much better. Juric is excellent as a sub for them.
Have to say it, the atmosphere there is great. They manage to get absolutely everyone involved.

All in all. So so game. Good experience.

weston
01-11-2014, 10:05 AM
What time is the second leg on??

furns
01-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Like 4am

weston
01-11-2014, 10:33 AM
That sux... But I'll watch it anyway of I can

MFKS
01-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Hopefully they get pumped.

Last weeks effort was actually a sad indictment on the standards in Australia and Asia in general.

The Saudi team can't hit a cows arse with a banjo when shooting like nearly all Asian players and as a result waste all their good lead up work.

THe Wankerers on the other hand do not have the skill set to actually have a shot at goal at home in the first half and whos only tactic is to park the bust and play on the counter.

It will actually be a ****ing embarrassment if they were to win.

If the Wankerers are the best team in Asia then FIFA should strip Asia of 3 places in the WC as they don't deserve shit if a side as incompetent in the basics of the game like trapping balls and passing can be successful cause they are good at parking a bus and hacking anything that moves.

weston
01-11-2014, 11:56 AM
I'd love to see the Jets be the first Aussie team to win the ACL. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. So come on Western Sydney.

Jeterpool
02-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Covic.....wow. Mammoth performance.

Jeterpool
02-11-2014, 06:17 AM
Has the ref left his yellow in his kit bag? 22-8 foul count

Jeterpool
02-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Filthy ****er spitting at Spira. And he's still going.

Retro Jet
02-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Good for some football spotlight on the nation but...
Never ever forget people, these Where's Wally's are the only club to let the
sCCuM win their 1 and only true Sh!tStar on their Sh!tShirts.

Nice shot there from the 'spitting camel' on Spira.
Winners are grinners, eh Matt? Good he didn't react.
+1 m8

weston
02-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Al Hilal can claim they were robbed 3 penalties should of been given, the first one though took me a few looks on the replay to be convinced. BUT. Lasers, head butting, spitting, starting fights, total lack of respect shown to the wanderers = **** em. Got what you deserves you filthy maggots. Don't blame them for being pissed off for the reffing it wasn't that great but they are a bunch of dirty dogs. I just wish the Wanderers smashed them on the scoreboard. Almost hate them as much as the gypo's.

hawk
02-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Lasers, head butting, spitting, starting fights, total lack of respect shown to the wanderers .

Alhilal acted admirably. I thought they gave the wonderers an easy exit for mine.

q-money
02-11-2014, 09:25 PM
one of the great swindles of our time, al-hilal should be commended on their restraint

Bremsstrahlung
14-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Wanders leading 1-0.
NTS given a yellow, when it was spiranovic's tackle. Well ref wrote it down as NTS despite not even being within shot.
Spiranovic sent off at 86th minute.
Conceeded in 90th minute.
NTS gives away a foul on halfway in about 102nd minute. Sent off for 2nd yellow. Everyone going ape shit as its his first yellow.
Pitch is a disgrace. Rain pelting down. Puddles absolutely everywhere. Ball staying still.
And now, 2-1 to this cruz team.
They are horrid.

furns
14-12-2014, 11:08 AM

boz-monaut
14-12-2014, 11:10 AM
so do we get a transfer fee from Cruz Azul for the puddle?

or did Middleby give him away for free too?

MFKS
14-12-2014, 11:44 AM

Can you elaborate what exactly we done to upset Karma then to deserve our predicament??

I can't for the life of me work it out

boz-monaut
14-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I believe it has to do with stolen Star Wars figurines

plague
14-12-2014, 07:14 PM

where can i donate to get this post preserved in bronze so kiddies from future generations can witness it?

Jeterpool
06-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Just saw this - Bravo!!!