PDA

View Full Version : Socceroos vs Ecuador

pv4
26-02-2014, 10:58 AM
A thread for the Ecuador game!

Squad chosen by Ange:
Oliver BOZANIC - FC Luzern - SWITZERLAND - 1 (0)
Tim CAHILL - New York Red Bulls - USA - 66 (29)
Jason DAVIDSON - SC Heracles Almelo - NETHERLANDS 4 (0)
Ivan FRANJIC - Brisbane Roar FC - AUSTRALIA - 6 (0)
Curtis GOOD - Dundee United FC - SCOTLAND -
Ben HALLORAN - Fortuna Dusseldorf - GERMANY -
Chris HERD - Aston Villa FC - ENGLAND -
James HOLLAND - FK Austria Vienna - AUSTRIA - 12 (0)
Mile JEDINAK - Crystal Palace FC - ENGLAND - 42 (3)
Brad JONES - Liverpool FC - ENGLAND - 3 (0)
Mitchell LANGERAK - B.V. Borussia 09 Dortmund - GERMANY - 2 (0)
Matthew LECKIE - FSV Frankfurt 1899 - GERMANY - 5 (1)
Massimo LUONGO - Swindon Town FC - ENGLAND -
Ryan MCGOWAN - Shandong Luneng Taishan FC - CHINA PR - 8 (0)
Matthew McKAY - Brisbane Roar FC - AUSTRALIA - 45 (1)
Mark MILLIGAN - Melbourne Victory FC - AUSTRALIA - 26 (2)
Tommy OAR - FC Utrecht - NETHERLANDS - 12 (1)
Tommy ROGIC - Melbourne Victory FC - AUSTRALIA - 8 (0)
Matt RYAN - Club Brugge KV - BELGIUM - 4 (0)
Adam SAROTA - FC Utrecht - NETHERLANDS 3 (0)
Matthew SPIRANOVIC - Western Sydney Wanderers FC - AUSTRALIA - 16 (0)
Dario VIDOSIC - FC Sion - SWITZERLAND - 19 (1)
Luke WILKSHIRE - FK Dinamo Moscow - RUSSIA - 79 (8)

lquiquer
26-02-2014, 11:04 AM
New Socceroos shirts

MFKS
26-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Pv4 where is Lucas???? :pissup:

BodyNovo
26-02-2014, 11:29 AM
wilkshire back in the fold

good to see sarota, herd and lugongo

goaliepersempre
26-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Halloran and Leckie have been playing well in Bundesliga 2...

Bozanic gypo he def heard me last weekend. But have to admit played a Great Ball in for 2nd Phase Assist.

Dario has also been quite strong at the Basketcase of a Club in Sion... (I recommend a read up on the owner)

Fare few assists and a couple of goals, very calmly taken pen on weekend.

I like it, giving fresh people a go... And thankyou fire truck no Lucas :) :)

Thomas477
26-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Good to see Loungo in the squad.

Also, I wonder if Zura will be playing?

furns
26-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Herd? That bloke who cant get into the Villa squad now?

Grimario
26-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Jones, that GK who hasn't played in forever.

So much for Ange being an advocate of "you must be playing regularly". Lucas will definitely be at the WC if that's the case.

pv4
26-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Herd? That bloke who cant get into the Villa squad now?

I think Ange is using this as (yet another) excuse to get Herd a cap. And also just to meet him and see first-hand what he can do.

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Where the game being played? England?

A third choice keeper isn't going to get flown in for this.

The Dunster
26-02-2014, 12:35 PM
That squad looks very balanced with a nice blend of strikers that can't score and defenders that cannot stop opposition players from scoring.

Hunter403
26-02-2014, 12:37 PM

So much for Ange being an advocate of "you must be playing regularly". Lucas will definitely be at the WC if that's the case.

He plays every Wednesday for the Reserves doesn't he? :wink::wink:

Grimario
26-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Where the game being played? England?

A third choice keeper isn't going to get flown in for this.

Exactly. So why waste the spot on an old bloke who will never really be in contention... why not use it on one of the young blokes that ply their trade in youth set ups in England or Scotland? Or am I imagining that we have young GK's over there... could be the case.

Jetmaster
26-02-2014, 01:36 PM
No problem with Jones being involved as senior keeper with Schwarzer retired, especially after all he went through last World Cup. There as third keeper giving advice to the young guys.

He would be my choice if the keeper picked as number one has a shocker in the opening game.

He did play against Arsenal last week after all and is an injury away from being involved in a Top 4 challenge and ECL football.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Still feel we are missing a trick by not plumping on some more Yoof. Ideally fast track some kids career

Pico
26-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Still feel we are missing a trick by not plumping on some more Yoof. Ideally fast track some kids career

Yeah cause that has really helped force the jets up the table.

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 05:53 PM
I think the member wants Kale on the plane.

GazFish35
26-02-2014, 05:56 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4020/australia/2014/02/26/4644771/forget-neill-the-captaincy-and-harry-bloody-kewell-youre

Good write up of the squad selection and ange's thought process.

Doesn't look good for Neill.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Exactly the way I thought Ange will see things.

Not gonna move to the Yoof as quickly as I would like but prepared to axe the pensioners unlike his predecessors.

Might have to start coming up with ideas for PV4's new Avatar :sparring:

Beeen
26-02-2014, 07:14 PM
What happened to this Mrcela bloke Ange? Give him a crack.

MFKS
26-02-2014, 07:30 PM
What happened to this Mrcela bloke Ange? Give him a crack.

I assume you are talking about Marcelo Carrusca??

Ange has given him the due consideration before overlooking him.
Apparently the only thing that is actually holding him back from making the Socceroos WC squad is that he isn't an Aussie.

militiamon
26-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Membah - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomislav_Mr%C4%8Dela

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/defender-mrcela-eying-socceroos-callup-20140220-333sg.html

belchardo
26-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Oh dear :blush:

seldom
27-02-2014, 12:09 AM
unfortunately if we defend badly in this game Lucash will be straight back in:angry:

pv4
05-03-2014, 09:17 AM
When is kickoff for this game?

belchardo
05-03-2014, 10:13 AM
6:30am I think.

goaliepersempre
05-03-2014, 11:18 AM

9pm :cool: :lulz:

Retro Jet
06-03-2014, 01:15 AM

7am KO (6:30am pre show on Pox3)
http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Preview-Australia-v-Ecuador/87548 (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Preview-Australia-v-Ecuador/87548)
Night night...for 5.75 hours

Premy
06-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I thought SBS had delayed coverage of the National team games?
I have a stream at the moment with Spanish commentary anyone now of any quality streams in English

Premy
06-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Get in what a start.

joel31
06-03-2014, 07:24 AM
I thought SBS had delayed coverage of the National team games?
I have a stream at the moment with Spanish commentary anyone now of any quality streams in English
I've got the same one
I think sbs's was only for world cup quals

joel31
06-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Ange's team after 2 games > Holgers team after 2 years

joel31
06-03-2014, 07:37 AM
how many goals can one possibly score with his head

Premy
06-03-2014, 07:37 AM
Ange's team after 2 games > Holgers team after 2 yearsTimmy's on fire...
Is this the same team from 6 months ago

joel31
06-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Timmy's on fire...
Is this the same team from 6 months ago
technically no, there are finally young players in the team

Premy
06-03-2014, 07:41 AM
You mean the players Holger said weren't ready for International football:banghead:

joel31
06-03-2014, 07:42 AM
we will beat spain and chile

Ange has beaten every latin team hes played

Jeterpool
06-03-2014, 07:48 AM
How are we playing in general guys? What are your thoughts and how have we adopted Ange's system?

At work so I don't have access to the game.

Premy
06-03-2014, 07:58 AM
How are we playing in general guys? What are your thoughts and how have we adopted Ange's system?

At work so I don't have access to the game.

In patches the ball movement has been great Rogic is killing it.
But the main threat has come from the quick counter attacks which Oar and Lekie have been Fantastic at creating.
Milligan and Jedinak look like they've been playing together for years and have been doing really well to disrupt Ecuador's rhythm.
Defensively we have been strong Davidson has had a few dodgy moments but overall his been impressive especially with his link up with Oar.

Jeterpool
06-03-2014, 08:02 AM
In patches the ball movement has been great Rogic is killing it.
But the main threat has come from the quick counter attacks which Oar and Lekie have been Fantastic at creating.
Milligan and Jedinak look like they've been playing together for years and have been doing really well to disrupt Ecuador's rhythm.
Defensively we have been strong Davidson has had a few dodgy moments but overall his been impressive especially with his link up with Oar.

Legend. Thanks

Premy
06-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Fark what a triple whammy that was

Jeterpool
06-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Fark what a triple whammy that was

More details??

joel31
06-03-2014, 08:36 AM
More details??
now 3-2
langerak sent off

joel31
06-03-2014, 08:36 AM
i apologize i jinxed us

Premy
06-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Cheap turn over from Fanjic or Lekie not sure didn't quite catch who it was Ecuador break and score. 3-1...
3 minutes later again on the right not sure who gives Langerak a hospital pass but Langerak completely missed the ball absolutely collects the striker give away a penalty and straight Red. 3-2...
Now a Handful of subs and it 3-3

BodyNovo
06-03-2014, 08:44 AM
jones just made a ridiculous save to keep it at 3-3

deadset though red cards have no place in friendlys imo bar the stupid challenge (i.e 2 studs) has completely ruined the game.

first 50 mins socceroos dominant.

the only change i would make from the starting lineup for the WC would be bresciano for leckie

Premy
06-03-2014, 08:53 AM
3-4 Ecuador now

leftrightout
06-03-2014, 08:55 AM
we will beat spain and chile

Ange has beaten every latin team hes played

:sup:

BodyNovo
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
ps wilkinson gypo

Retro Jet
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Well, that went pear shaped, didn't it!

Premy
06-03-2014, 09:08 AM
jones just made a ridiculous save to keep it at 3-3

deadset though red cards have no place in friendlys imo bar the stupid challenge (i.e 2 studs) has completely ruined the game.

first 50 mins socceroos dominant.

the only change i would make from the starting lineup for the WC would be bresciano for leckie

I Agree about the no red cards in Friendly's unless the challenge is stupid. Things is that challenge from Langerak was stupid deserved to be sent, no where near the ball and collecting the bloke around the waist I've got no problem with that send off.(FFS his a Keeper be brave and get down to the ball put your body on the line)
As to who I would change. Lekie for all he offered in attack was found missing in defence and I feel directly lead to the 1st goal and had a hand in giving away the penalty. Replace him with Vidosic
Franjic was a statue on the 1st goal conceded IMO if he plays RB he will be the weakness teams exploit. Replace him with Wilkshire if the Beards form continues he might be a bolter for the WC.

Edit: Maybe instead of sending the player off the Ref should force the Managers to make a substitution.

joel31
06-03-2014, 09:25 AM
i would like to apologise for jinxing us this morning

Also i didn't see the second half can someone describe what went on?

Premy
06-03-2014, 09:27 AM
i would like to apologise for jinxing us this morning

Also i didn't see the second half can someone describe what went on?

Langerak got sent off changed the game completely not much more to add other then that.

russjaybee
06-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Do not agree at all.

I'm a big proponent of "train how you play".
If you don't have reds that changes the mental aspect of the game completely, particularly for a keeper. It will only make the game harder for both refs and players.

Just don't get sent off, how about that?

parksey
06-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Leckie is awful.

Wilkinson should go back to Korea and stay there.

Played some good stuff and without the red I'm confident that we would have won.

lquiquer
06-03-2014, 11:57 AM

Preferably North Korea

hawk
06-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Now thats how you do a red card. None of this contentious 50/50 stuff. A 3-0 win would have given us too much confidence. good result.

russjaybee
06-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Clearly Ange sent Langerack on with directions to be sent off, great execution by Langerack as well, made certain he didn't get any of the ball.

MFKS
06-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Leckie is awful.

Played some good stuff and without the red I'm confident that we would have won.

Good news his **** up(S) cause there were several will reduce his chances of going to Brazil for the WC. One less Gypo ****ing things up for us is a good thing.

Gypos are Perennial ****ing losers

GazFish35
06-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Holger and pim would never have let this happen.

They never a three goal lead to lose.

MFKS
06-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Holger and pim would never have let this happen.

They never a three goal lead to lose.

As I said to my old man when talking about the result.

"I am pretty certain letting 4 second half goals in Brazil won't be that big of an issue">> MFKS
Why??>> OLD MAN

"Cause we won't ever be holding a 3-0 lead at HT" >> MFKS

seldom
07-03-2014, 12:28 AM
So I take it Lucash will be brought back in

BodyNovo
07-03-2014, 08:20 AM
watched the game back last night

you can tell that antonio valencia was worlds above the 21 other blokes out on the field, his Ecuadorian teammates could have scored about 10 more goals if they were just as smart.

Rogic i think runs with the ball about 2-3 touches to much, franjic and davidson can cross the ball, davidson is dodgy when defending though.

spiranovic classy, good solid, wilkinson still gypo.

the biggest think i realised and i echoed these thoughts to PV4/WLG at lunch (in toronto not gosford) and than confirmed it for myself last night is that jedinak and milligan are playing the exact same role, against the spains & netherlands yes they probably are required but the game v chile which we are probably going to have to go for we should scrap one and play a more creative player.

also i am worried for MFKS, i think lucash is going to be required.

parksey
07-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Holland will be our best chance for 3 points IMO.

Chile are very impressive and have the potential to go deep in the tournament. They outplayed Germany the other day but just couldn't finish any chances.

MFKS
07-03-2014, 10:16 AM
It's only a friendly why read too much into the result. There was very little wrong with the first 50 mins and the CD's acquitted themselves well.

As for Luca$h getting picked well firstly the bloke has to actually STILL get games. Currently Watford have 13 games left and the bloke by my view would have to play at least 6 of them to warrant saying he is getting some football in. That being said that may still not be enough. The WC Squad will need to be named in about 80 days so time is running out quickly for him.

That being said to me Ange's priorities lie with WC Qualification in 2018 and Asian Cup 2015. This WC was always gonna be a big issue after his appointment and the draw has actually helped him in that with Chile Holland and Spain in our group we are under no pressure to achieve a ****ing thing.

As a result the decision to me is pretty straight forward for Ange.

Either send Luca$h into Socceroos retirement permanently and pick young blokes and back them to come through the WC in Brazil better players from the experience and able to cement a position for 2015>>2018 or stick some slow over the hill has been in there cause he has some experience and hope to limit things in Brazil.

Either way he has to find new players in the future and now is as good a time as any to start looking

There is no guarantee either way that Luca$h being selected will actually be a successful decision and limit the rapings Chile/Spain/Dutch will inflict on us or the young rookies will step up. My way of thinking is more that we should go for the Rookies cause it will benefit us long term.

Ange with his penchant for doing things his way and his desire to make tough decisions for the long term evidenced by his clean out at Roar should hopefully rule in my favour

BodyNovo
07-03-2014, 10:24 AM
the thing is assuming he takes 4 cb, who does he take?

there aint much to chose from.

MFKS
07-03-2014, 11:39 AM
the thing is assuming he takes 4 cb, who does he take?

there aint much to chose from.

Obviously you would expect Good and Spiranovic to get the nod for Brazil based on their selection in this game.

One of the spots may as well go to a future central defensive prospect such as Connor Chapman or some other young bloke his age. Lets face it injury and suspension aside we will be basically using a core 14-16 players ie those deemed our best for the 3 games as we just don't have the depth so you might as well take a few on a Contiki tour for the experience

The other one to me is a mystery who it will be. If you are gonna take Luca$h though he has to be going as a guaranteed first choice otherwise he is just wasting a spot

Still don't understand why a bloke by the name of Bailey Wright who is about 21 years old and has played nearly 100 games in mainly League One and a few in the Championship for Preston hasn't had a look in. His team have a good defensive record and Bailey has been a mainstay of the side currently sitting 4th in League 1. Can also play Left Back if required.

Bloke bypassed HAL and left Melbourne on a scholarship as a kid and has stuck it out the last 5 years and worked his way through the system at PNE and into the first team

I am sure there are probably others out there in a similar boat with Aussie links that we are unaware of as they bypassed HAL and are playing in a comp with little exposure here in Australia