PDA

View Full Version : attempting to hire other clubs grounds for trial games

boz-monaut
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
does this come across as a real dog act to everyone else?

seriously, it's just poor form to save your own field at the expense of another club's

Newy
06-03-2014, 12:00 PM
yes. agree

Premy
06-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Care to elaborate?
Who has tried to get on the Ath Field?

MFKS
06-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Could understand if their current ground had not been marked been set up for football season yet and yours had but if done just to preserve their pitch then a disgrace

ForeverRed
06-03-2014, 12:16 PM
I know a few who are good at this

Imyourhero
06-03-2014, 12:19 PM
I saw on the state cup thread that maitland vs southy had been moved from original host field @ azzuri to Ulinga oval?? Or was this a mistake? Will all washed out games end up being played at different fields or are original host nominated fields meant to still play the games there?

howardyou
06-03-2014, 12:27 PM
What about a few NPL teams using Novocastrian Park at New Lambton for training prior to the season.

This is even worse. Stuffing up the ground for the New Lambton Juniors. They should use their own junior grounds.

boz-monaut
06-03-2014, 01:18 PM
I think going straight to Council rather than contacting the clubs first is pretty shit too

and it's not just Athfield - that's got more issues than just other football clubs ****wittery

but saving your ground by training on another club's is just shitful

Cunning stunts
06-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Totally agree with you here boz, if your team feild is there and able to be use they should use it. same with trail games if feild is set up for it then they should use it.

but i do understand with cricket still on that its hard for teams to put up there goals and mark feild atm.

The Magician
06-03-2014, 01:42 PM
What about a few NPL teams using Novocastrian Park at New Lambton for training prior to the season.

This is even worse. Stuffing up the ground for the New Lambton Juniors. They should use their own junior grounds.

If the clubs have booked to use a field e.g. Novocastrian Park with council's summer applications and this is approved by council then tuff luck, maybe New Lambton needs to book its fields out during summer in the event that sometime in the future it's NPL teams will have pristine fields to train on during the preseason. Some NPL clubs train on pitches used by cricket which are not available until 1st April when the winter applications commence.

The Magician
06-03-2014, 01:50 PM
to add.. i don't think the club looking for a training venue should have to ask the traditional ground users to use the ground prior to the commencement of the next season say OCT-DEC... January onwards i would expect the clubs to contact one and other. Most juniors dont start training till february onwards anyways.

boz-monaut
06-03-2014, 02:37 PM
it adds a massive cost to clubs to have to book their own grounds just to stop other jerks hiring their fields

bit of a dog act to lump a junior club with that additional cost, just to save your own ground

but hey, it's not illegal, just unethical and a bit shit

Disinterested Bystander
06-03-2014, 04:23 PM
it adds a massive cost to clubs to have to book their own grounds just to stop other jerks hiring their fields

bit of a dog act to lump a junior club with that additional cost, just to save your own ground

but hey, it's not illegal, just unethical and a bit shit

I remember a few times Uni (I think) tried to train on No 4 because Ray Watt was still tied up with cricket, and I think Merewether juniors also tried a few times to train on there one year, but us spreading our selves out, or a quite word (or forceful, expletive ridden words if a certain ex club president was at the ground!) seemed to knock that on the head pretty quickly.

If council have allowed someone to book it for training or games then they must've changed the rules re field allocations, I got told a few times we couldn't book No 4 (for training or games) for days before the NCC 'winter season' commenced - I got told a couple of times it's a council ground, you can't book it for soccer in summer, you'll have to share. And they'd let you know if someone else was proposing to use it too.

Nou Camp
06-03-2014, 04:39 PM
i will admit asking council if athletic track was available because i know it has been hired out in the past to various teams
i would like to play games at our ground but the cricket has the rights till just before season kick off

Thomas477
06-03-2014, 07:28 PM
To be honest, I'll be happy to have a ground with lights for mid-week training. At the moment St Johns Anglican FC, new to newcastle football, does not have a ground to train on. This is due to Plattsburg getting the new ground at the sanctuary in fletcher over the partnership of Fletcher-BTAC and us, with us getting lumped with Cook Park, which doesn't have any lights. And it doesn't help when council are being right pricks and not helping us to find another ground to train on because of the lack of lights at Cook Park.

If anyone can help us, we're more that happy to pay, we just need an area with lights from 7pm on Wednesdays, please message me. We only have 2 teams and they train together, so we need a maximum of half a field. Any help would be much appreciated.

And on Col Curran, is that the emerging jets new home? If it is, I don't think that it is particularly fair on us mortals that we're being screwed around because of a rep team. Why should a selective team get preference over any other club that looks to engage the community and grow? Thats not right.

ForeverRed
06-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I believe the emerging jets are using westy juniors for training

Thomas477
06-03-2014, 08:34 PM
I believe the emerging jets are using westy juniors for training

Cheers mate, well has anyone heard what is happening to Col Curran?

boz-monaut
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM
I think the take home message should really be that if you want to play a trial game and you know a club has a field available - get in contact with that club and ask to play them - going behind their back to Council is just plain shit

terryk
06-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Who exactly??? It would be interesting to see if these clubs are serial offenders.

terryk
06-03-2014, 10:29 PM
I think the take home message should really be that if you want to play a trial game and you know a club has a field available - get in contact with that club and ask to play them - going behind their back to Council is just plain shit

Once again who exactly and what ground?

anfield
07-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Over the last few years it has become apparent that there needs to be some mutual grounds in each association.

These grounds could be used to play trials, school games and weekends of wet weather.

Some clubs, ours included unable to play home trials due to cricket. Make sense if macquarie had control of a field or 2 that could be used, none of this hire fee crap.

Also good in wet weather, just play games. No problem with clubs pretecting their grounds. Could move all age games where clubs oftem shut canteens etc, so that wont affect clubs losing revenue on other junior gam

Thomas477
07-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Anfield, I reckon in Newcastle Football Smith Park would be perfect for that. It's a large field that can hold about 5 all age fields. Azzurri would not use all 5 in a given weekend would they? Maybe 2 or 3 at a stretch. Potentially Stevenson #3 and #4 or Adamstown #4 or #5 as well, but I believe the church comps have first pick on them at the moment.

anfield
07-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Thomas477,
Good idea, plenty of unused ground at smith park. Good central location as well

la bazzle
07-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Smith park aka the field of dreams has cricket and no goals right up to the season starts basically

anfield
07-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Is that applicable to entire space at smith park?

GazFish35
07-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Newy needs it's very own Hackney Marshes.

http://www.freewebs.com/dunhillunited/Cutout.png

Thomas477
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
****, yes!

outsider
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Cheers mate, well has anyone heard what is happening to Col Curran?

Heard that it might be going to become a baseball ground-told some time ago but unconfirmed

boz-monaut
07-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Newy needs it's very own Hackney Marshes

we do, it's called Hexham Swamp

though it isn't full of wide boys

la bazzle
09-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Anyone know what grounds (not run by Boz) can get hired/used?

boz-monaut
09-03-2014, 06:04 PM
you guys should play our new Friday All Age team in a trial game

la bazzle
09-03-2014, 06:43 PM
besides this friday coming are they available every friday?

boz-monaut
09-03-2014, 06:53 PM
yeah would you guys be keen on Friday 21 March?

la bazzle
09-03-2014, 07:34 PM
i'll get back to u via the mobile telephone device once I ask the other jerks. I think we have trial on the 22nd though people would play twice id imagine

la bazzle
09-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Lock it in ive got enough responses

Captain_Carl
19-11-2021, 11:46 AM
Some would say that these dog acts still occur today.